ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2018 10:59 pm  #1

Side-Fic 276: Pre-term

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Antonia: Hey, everyone! The show's gonna start soon!

Kio: So don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Antonia: Me-OW!!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Grand Street, Saturday, March 31st, 2:37pm]

[A young girl runs down the street; there is blood smeared on her right cheek; a man notices and runs after her]

Man: Hey, kid, stop! What's the hurry?!

[The girl approaches a female crossing guard; the man stops]

Crossing Guard: Oh, my God! What'd you do to her?!

Man: I was only trying to help. I didn't touch her.

Crossing Guard: Did that man hurt you?

[The girl shakes her head "no"; the guard suddenly notices the blood on the girl's cheek]

Crossing Guard: Are you hurt?

Girl: No. But I need help.

[132 Madison Street, 2:39pm]

[Maki Itokazu presents diplomas to Eris' group one at a time, shaking their hands one by one]

Miss Itokazu: Eris. Antonia Morfenoss. Sara. Maya. Manami Kinjyou. Aoi Futaba. Kio Kakazu. On behalf of my school and the principal, I present the graduating class of 2018!

[Greg, the crew of the Catian mothership, Ichika, the Chipmunks, and the Chipettes applaud]

Miss Itokazu: Congratulations, kids.

Eris: Thank you, Miss Itokazu.

[We cut to a graduation party; Qoone proposes a toast]

Capt. Qoone: Eris, Kio, Manami, Aoi, Antonia, Sara, Maya, here's to you, on the occasion of your high school graduation. May you all have a wonderful future, even though most of us already know what to expect.

[Everyone clinks their glasses]

Eris: Thank you, Captain Qoone.

Greg: Congratulations, you guys.

Kio: [shakes hands with Greg] Thank you, Captain Lee.

Greg: Good thing the principal was able to send your citations here overnight. Listen, I've gotta go. I've got an auto theft case to cover. You guys take care. I just hope you come back to ACME soon.

Eris: Yes, sir.

[Greg exits]

[There's a knock at the door]

Simon: I'll get it.

[He walks up to the door]

Simon: Who is it?

Familiar voice: Greetings from Okinawa!

Kio: That voice! Simon, let him in!

[Simon opens the door, revealing Kio's uncle: Yuichi Miyagi]

Kio: Uncle Yuichi?!

Simon: You're Kio's uncle?

Yuichi: You got it. Name's Yuichi Miyagi, and I came to visit my nephew, now that he's graduating. Mind if I join the party? I also brought a few friends over.

Simon: Come on in.

Yuichi: [turns back] Hey, guys! Come on in! It's party time!

[He enters the warehouse; following suit are Kio's classmates: Arisa, Aiko, Fukuhara, and Souken]

Arisa: Hey, everybody!

Aiko: We wouldn't miss this!

Fukuhara: Man, I love traveling!

Souken: Great food!

Kio: Uncle Yuichi, this is quite a surprise. I wasn't expecting you until the babies were born.

Yuichi: Come on, Kio. It's your graduation day. Gotta let a family member share in the fun.

Kio: Well, I'm glad to see you here.

[He and Yuichi embrace]

Alvin: Uh, Kio, who are these other teenagers?

Kio: Oh, right. Kids, these are our classmates, and fellow members of my video club. Arisa, Aiko, Fukuhara, and Souken.

Arisa: Hold the phone! The Chipmunks and the Chipettes?!

Aiko: Oh, they're totes adorbs in person!

Fukuhara: I've heard of you. Pop stars, eh?

Souken: Kio's gotta be the luckiest guy in the world. Not only is he gonna be a dad, but he's friends with famous recording stars!

[Arisa places her hand on Manami's belly]

Manami: Can you feel my baby kick?

Arisa: Oh, my!

Eris: Our babies are due in less than a month.

Aiko: Aww. I can't wait. Don't worry. Arisa and I would be happy to help with the babysitting.

Manami: Thanks.

Miss Itokazu: Well, I'm pleasantly surprised to see you all here. If you want, there's plenty of food available.

Arisa: [takes a handful of chips] Gee, thanks. [takes a bite from a chip] So, what have you guys been up to since you moved here?

Kio: Well, fighting crime, for one. Heck, we even helped blow up a couple meteors.

Souken: Yeah, it was all over the news.

Fukuhara: Come on, you guys. How did you do it?

Kio: It's top secret. [in his mind] I can't let them find out we're the Cosmo Cats. It could be dangerous.

Aiko: Speaking of the meteors, you guys will never guess what I found out about the Spirit Soldiers, the guys who destroyed the second meteor.

Miss Itokazu: The Spirit who?

Arisa: You know, the superheroes with the big flying spaceships?

Souken: The ones with the colored spandex.

Fukuhara: That's a Sentai team, or the Power Rangers.

Kio: Except these superheroes have opals that help heal the injured.

Aiko: That's them.

Arisa: They've been sighted in Japan recently, fighting these creepy-looking Demonoids.

Alvin: [in his mind] Then the Demonoids must be spreading their threat all over the world. At least the Spirit Soldiers are taking action.

Aiko: Anyway, I've heard they're regular humans, just like most of us. And they've added a new one in green spandex.

Brittany: That makes 10 now.

Arisa: Well, technically nine, since the Spirit Soldier Orange twins always fight together. Anyway, the leader in gold is so handsome. He's the only male of the team. And his harem of teammates were also badass. The one in violet-- I love her swordplay. The one in white is a crack marksman with nerves of steel. The one in blue is adorable, but she also knows how to freeze a whole dozen Demonoid's circuits like a pro. The one in red sounds awfully cute, too. The one in fuchsia has a beautiful singing voice. The twins in orange-- Already told you. Try to keep up. And the one in black-- Her gun has bullets that can stop her targets in their tracks.

Aiko: And the new one in green-- She has a broomstick that doubles as a cutlass.

Brittany: I'd sure like to see her in action someday.

Eris: Yeah, so would I.

Alvin: I just wish I knew who they really were. I mean, their voices sound familiar, but we can't prove it.

[The warehouse phone rings]

Alvin: Hold on, guys. Phone.

[He picks up the phone]

Alvin: ACME Crime Net Warehouse. Seville. Huh? I'm sure I can take the case in his-- No? Okay, I'll put him on for you. Kio, Frank McKnight wants to speak with you.

Kio: Excuse me.

[He walks up to the phone; Alvin hands it to him]

Kio: Kakazu.

[Split-screen to the warehouse and Deputy Chief McKnight's office]

McKnight: Kio, sorry to interrupt your little graduation party.

Kio: Oh, it's no problem, Frank. What can I do for you?

McKnight: Well, there's a five-year-old girl on Grand Street who ran out of her apartment with blood on her cheek. Special Vics and Homicide are short-handed at the moment, and everyone else at ACME is already on assignment, and the younger junior detectives aren't up to this case. Your squad's all we have left, and with your wives on maternity leave, you're all I've got. Can you handle it?

[Kio thinks for a minute]

Kio: [in his mind] I can't abandon my wives while they're due in less than a month, but that little girl-- [aloud] I'll take it. I'll talk to my wives.

McKnight: Thanks, Kio. Hey, buddy, I'm really sorry. Say hi to your wives for me.

Kio: Thanks, Frank. [hangs up] Guys, I have to get to Grand Street. There's a little girl on Grand Street who needs help. Blood on her cheek.

[Eris, Manami, and Aoi frown]

Miss Itokazu: Kio, I know you wanna help that child, but think about your wives.

Antonia: Miss Itokazu, don't the wives have a say in this?

Eris: Kio, go on. You're part of ACME, aren't you?

Manami: We'll be right here waiting.

Aoi: Just don't forget your pendant.

Kio: All right. Thanks, girls.

Yuichi: You're doing the right thing, Kio.

Arisa: We'll keep an eye on your wives for you.

Aiko: Make sure that girl is okay and safe at home.

Kio: Right.

[He puts on a jacket, grabs his ACME badge, and sets off]

[Grand Street, 2:45pm]

[Dr. Cornell wipes the blood off the girl's cheek with a cloth]

Dr. Cornell: Blood's not hers, no visible injuries. I'll take this cloth back to the lab and run DNA.

[She exits; Kio walks up to the girl]

Kio: Hi. My name's Kio. I'm a detective.

[He shows the girl his badge]

Girl: My name's Tammy.

Kio: Hi, Tammy. Where's your mom?

Tammy: I don't know. [embraces Kio] I want my daddy.

[She tears up; Kio returns the embrace]

Kio: We'll find him, Tammy. I promise.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 4:14pm]

[Greg and Hunter observe Kio holding Tammy in the interview room]

Hunter: Tammy's been like that for over an hour. She just won't let him go. The whole time at the hospital, she whimpered if Kio tried to put her down.

Greg: I'm just glad the rest of his team ain't with us today. Anyway, Tammy check out okay?

Hunter: Medically, yes, but there's no way of knowing what she's been through until we find her family. No one Tammy's age has been reported missing in the Tri-State Area in the past few days. Patrol's going door to door, but there's dozens of apartments on the block where we found her.

Greg: I'll have them continue canvassing. A five-year old can't get too far without someone recognizing her.

Hunter: Unless she doesn't live on that block. She could've been snatched elsewhere and dropped her off on Grand. Or maybe someone killed her parents and didn't wanna hurt the kid, so they dropped her as far away from the crime scene as they could.

Greg: I'll call a friend from NY1 and see if we can't get her photo on the air.

Hunter: We could have Tammy do a live story and milk it. And I doubt that'll traumatize her, as long as she's in Kio's arms.

[Cut to the squad room; Kio, still holding Tammy, is interviewed by Bree Driscoll of NY1]

Kio: [to the camera] If you recognize Tammy, please call the NYPD tip line at the number on your screen. This little girl needs her family.

Driscoll: I couldn't agree with you more, Detective Kakazu, and I hope our viewers can help. [to the camera] We'll keep you up to date on Tammy, the girl with no surname. From ACME Crime Net headquarters, I'm Bree Driscoll.

[Later, Kio walks up to Hunter]

Hunter: Greg wants us to drop Tammy at ACS and start running down leads.

Kio: I can't leave her, Hunter. She'll freak.

Hunter: Well, we can't take her with us.

Kio: Well, have Lumen and Sparkle back you up. I'll stick around and man the phones.

[Hunter notices Tammy sleeping on Kio's shoulder]

Hunter: Oh, Kio, look at her. She needs some rest. Not to mention, a bath and fresh clothes.

Kio: I'll arrange that. Just gotta talk to the captain.

[132 Madison Street, 4:34pm]

[Kio stands outside the bathroom where Aoi is giving Tammy a bath; Eris and Manami approach Kio]

Manami: Babysitting a lost child?

Kio: Tammy wouldn't let go. Captain Lee did raise some eyebrows when I told him I'd let her stay until we found her dad.

Eris: [peers through the keyhole] Well, I can see that Aoi's doing a good job bathing her. She must be more ready to be a mother than ever.

Kio: You still think you're gonna have a boy?

Eris: Haven't been wrong yet.

Manami: I'm okay with having a boy. But you really want a girl, don't you, Kio?

Kio: What I really want are for the babies to be healthy.

Manami: Just fess up.

Kio: Well, Tammy is kinda cute. No doubt about that.

[Antonia presses some of her old clothes for Tammy]

Antonia: We can't keep her, Kio.

Kio: I know.

[Later, back at HQ, Lumen interviews a woman in the squad room]

Woman: She's such a good girl, Your Highness, but I can't seem to keep her in the house.

[Kio returns to Tammy (clean and in fresh clothing) in his arms]

Lumen: There she is, miss.

Woman: Tammy, it's me! Mommy's here!

[She approaches Kio; Tammy notices the woman, but turns away]

Tammy: She's not my mommy. She's a fake.

Woman: Come on. Don't you recognize your own mother?

Kio: Get her outta here.

Sparkle: [grabs the woman's arm] Ma'am, let's go.

[She takes the woman out of the squad room]

Kio: Lumen?

Lumen: She sounded very convincing when she called. Didn't expect her to be from Planet Zero.

[Tammy laughs]

Tammy: Your prince friend is funny.

Kio: Nice sense of humor. Anybody more local?

Hunter: The desk sergeant's sending up another.

Kio: Well, Tammy and I will be in the captain's office.

[He takes Tammy to the Greg's office; a man (played by Adam Hagenbuch) enters]

Barry: Is Tammy here? Where's my daughter?

Hunter: Lt. Steele. And you are?

Barry: Barry Lonnegan. I'm Tammy's father.

Hunter: And why didn't you report her missing?

Barry: I thought she was at home. My sister said she saw her on the news. Where is she? Why can't I see her?

Hunter: Mr. Lonnegan, please calm down. You're welcome to sit here.

[Barry takes a seat on the nearby chair; Hunter phones Greg's office]

Hunter: Greg, I've got a possible here.

[Cut to Greg's office]

Greg: All over it. Kio, could you check out the possible parent?

Kio: No problem. Tammy, I want you to look out this window.

[He helps Tammy onto a table; she and Kio look out the window to view the squad room]

Kio: You recognize anybody?

[Tammy notices Barry]

Tammy: [gasps] It's him! You found Daddy!

[Kio helps her out of the office]

Tammy: [runs up to Barry] Daddy!

Barry: Hey! [embraces his daughter] Tammy, how'd you go three blocks without anybody seeing you?

Tammy: I don't know. I'm just fast.

Barry: I don't know how she got the door open.

Hunter: Mr. Lonnegan, have you ever tried to get in touch with your wife?

Barry: I called Elaine at home and left a message on her smartphone. No answer. Something happen?

Kio: When I found Tammy, she had blood on her cheek.

Barry: Oh, my God. I gotta go home.

Hunter: We'll go with you.

Kio: Tammy should stay here. We've got a room she can play in. That okay, Tammy?

Tammy: It's fine. I can wait.

[Grand Street, 5:11pm]

[Barry leads Kio and Hunter to his apartment]

Barry: Elaine must've forgotten to unlock the door.

Hunter: That explains how your Tammy got out.

Barry: Elaine! Hey, Elaine!

[He approaches a closed door; there's blood on it]

Barry: Blood.

Kio: Wait outside, Barry.

Barry: No. I gotta fine Elaine.

[He runs into the master bedroom, Kio and Hunter in hot pursuit; Barry finds a dead female body on the bed]

Barry: Mary, Mother of God!

[Hunter checks the body for a pulse]

Hunter: Sorry, Barry. No pulse.

[Barry takes a closer look at the body]

Barry: That's not Elaine.

Kio: Who was she?

Barry: Jamie, our nanny, but I thought I gave her today off.

[Later, Dr. Cornell zips Jamie's body into a body bag]

Dr. Cornell: Blunt force trauma to the back of the head after being raped repeatedly. Based on her liver temperature, I'd say she died at around noon today. Found fluids on the comforter. We've got DNA. And some old stains, as well. I'll need Barry Lonnegan's DNA to exclude him.

Hunter: I don't know if we should, Doc. What if Barry did it?

Kio: And if he did, he wouldn't be the first dad trying to make a move on a nanny.

[Outside the apartment building, Hunter and Kio approach Barry]

Kio: Barry, we need to ask you about Jamie.

Barry: Can it wait, Kio? We still gotta find my wife.

Hunter: Okay. When was the last time you spoke with her?

Barry: Just this morning on my way to work. She said she was gonna be home all day.

[Corona and Aqune approach]

Corona: Elaine's credit card was used to gas up on the NJ Turnpike at around 1:00pm.

Kio: Do you know of any reason why she'd be in Jersey?

Aqune: Surveillance camera at the tollbooth shows Elaine driving with another guy in shotgun. Screenshot.

[She shows a screenshot of Elaine driving past the tollbooth with a man in the passenger seat]

Barry: She must've been kidnapped. Any way we can trace that car?

Corona: We did. It's registered in your name.

Barry: Well, then let's go!

Kio: No. You're going back to the squad room. Tammy needs you.

Aqune: C'mon. I'll take you back. Portia?

[She and Barry ride off on Portia's back]

Corona: There was another charge on the credit card, for a hotel room in Fort Lee.

[Best Western, Fort Lee, NJ, 5:49pm]

[Kio and Hunter interview the manager as they walk down the hall]

Manager: This young rough-lookin' guy-- Checked in alone. [approaches a room] Here we go.

[Loud moaning and screaming are heard; Hunter's lance appears]

Manager: [opens the door] A lance?

Hunter: I'm no ordinary cop.

[He and Kio enter the room, Hunter pointing his gun at Elaine (played by AnnaSophia Robb) and the man from the screenshot (played by Thomas Brodie-Sangster) in bed naked and under the covers]

Hunter: FREEZE!

Kio: Hands up!

[Elaine and the man raise their hands]

Hunter: Elaine Lonnegan, you're safe.

Elaine: What are you talking about? What the hell do you think you're doing?

Kio: Wait. Do you know that guy?

Elaine: He's Cecil Winslow, my boyfriend.

[Hunter stares at Cecil, then lowers his lance]

Kio: We need you to come to HQ. Both of you.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 6:07pm]

Elaine: Look, Kio, I love Barry, but he works too much. I was lonely. Cecil changed all that. [gets out of her seat] I've gotta get home. My daughter's waiting.

Kio: [stops her] First, we need to talk about Jamie.

Elaine: Jamie's a nice girl. A Mormon from Delaware. I don't know anyone who'd wanna rape or kill her. End of discussion.

Kio: You know, it would've been nice if you were this concerned about Tammy before you ran off to Fort Lee. Now, you had Jamie come in on her day off so that you can go and sleep with Cecil, right?

Elaine: That does it.

[She is about to leave, but Hunter blocks her path]

Hunter: Elaine, we're looking for Jamie's killer. You knew her better than your husband or daughter. Now, please sit.

[Elaine sits down]

Hunter: How did you find Jamie?

Elaine: Craigslist. Everyone knows Mormons make the best sitters or nannies. They come from big families. No drinking, no smoking, and they speak English.

Hunter: So, except you and your husband, who else had the key to your apartment?

Elaine: Just Jamie.

Hunter: Would she open the door to a stranger?

Elaine: Never.

Kio: Delaware's different from New York, you know.

Elaine: Her home was small, but she wasn't immature. It had to have been someone she knew that killed her.

Hunter: Do you know who?

Elaine: I only met two friends. They were Mormon nannies like Jamie. Trina and Kathy. They used to take the kids to the playground.

[Grand Street Park, Sunday, April 1st, 8:31am]

[Kio and Hunter interview Trina and Kathy]

Trina: That's terrible. Do you know who killed her?

Kio: Not yet. She make any friends here in New York?

Kathy: Well, a few girls at the society, but she'd spend most of her free time with us.

Hunter: What about boys?

Trina: Her fiancé was on his mission in Guatemala.

Kathy: That's why we're here. When our boyfriends return, we can go back to Wilmington.

Kio: Must be hard on you girls being so far from home. Did Jamie feel lonely?

[The two nannies are silent]

Kio: Tell us if you know something.

[Trina and Kathy look at each other]

Kathy: Past few months, Jamie was acting a little strange. She started wearing clothes that were kinda too revealing for someone of her caliber. Then she stopped coming here.

Hunter: You know where she went?

Kathy: Nowhere. She was on the Lonnegan's computer.

Trina: She said she missed her fiancé. She wanted someone to talk to.

Kio: Ever go beyond that?

Trina: We stopped by the apartment sometime last week to see if she wanted to take Tammy to Central Park. Some man was coming out, and Jamie was kissing him.

Kio: This website she went on-- You know the name of it?

Kathy: [hands him a piece of paper] Right here. She gave it to us in case we needed it, but you need it more.

[ACME Labs, 9:03am]

[Tyler pulls up all of Jamie's activity on a social media site]

Hunter: "Alluring nanny looking for adult playdates"?

Tyler: She's got lots of e-mails from three guys. [looks up three profiles on the site] One of her playmates is Faulkner Thompson, a junior at NYU. Then we have Lou Carter, AKA Hot Rod. Third: He calls himself Billy the Kid.

Kio: Who is he really?

Tyler: Gavin Cross, 25, East 6th Street.

[Corona and Aqune enter]

Corona: We already made a few calls. Gavin hooked up with Jamie a few times, but then he stopped visiting. One night, they made love, and when Gavin came up for air, Tammy was watching them. Jamie put her back to bed, but Gavin was so creeped out, he never went back to the apartment.

Hunter: Where was he yesterday morning?

Corona: At the track in Yonkers.

Aqune: I tried calling Faulkner, but his mom said he'd been studying abroad in Austria since last fall. It turns out, his brother had been using his account while avoiding his punishment of no Internet privileges.

Kio: Then Hot Rod's our last shot.

Hunter: I'll send Lumen.

[Cut to an auto pool; Lumen speaks with Lou "Hot Rod" Carter (played by Bryan Callen)]

Lumen: [shows Hot Rod his profile photo] You know, you really oughta update your profile photo.

Hot Rod: C'mon, man. That's me.

Lumen: About 20 years ago.

Hot Rod: What's this all about?

Lumen: Jamie Callaway. You've been chatting with her on the Internet. Ever meet her in person?

Hot Rod: Yep. Very fulfilling on the web, and then she wanted more.

Lumen: It's very unorthodox for a prince to say this, but... Did you b**g her?

Hot Rod: [snickers] If you meant "were we intimate?", then yes.

Lumen: One more thing: Did you kill her?

Hot Rod: Oh, my God. Jamie's dead?

Lumen: Raped and bludgeoned yesterday. When did your little "intimacy" thing happen? We got DNA from her body. It might match yours.

[Cut back to HQ; Lumen interviews Hot Rod in the interrogation room]

Hot Rod: We had sex, then I took off. I'd never hurt Jamie. We were passionate.

Lumen: Maybe a little too passionate. 30 e-mails in one week? [looks through a printout of the e-mails] "My dear, I'll make you feel more womanly. Your soul will melt with my hot lips." Quite an outrageous claim.

Hot Rod: I ain't Hot Rod for nothing. I know what chicks want.

Lumen: But Jamie just wanted a hookup. But you weren't her only playmate.

Hot Rod: What?

[Lumen shows photos of the other two men who e-mailed with Jamie]

Lumen: And these are just a few of the guys she slept with when she was in love with you. Jamie wrote to Gavin that his photo turned her on, and she wanted to rip off Faulkner's underwear with her teeth.

Hot Rod: Don't lie to me, Your Highness. She loved me.

Lumen: She's into young hot men, not you, Pops.

Hot Rod: Yo, I'm not that old!

Lumen: But young women like Jamie-- They're foolish. She should've noticed how real your love was for her.

[Hot Rod is downtrodden]

Lumen: Hey. Don't get so upset. She was lucky to have you.

Hot Rod: You know, she was the one who let me on. She said she wanted me.

Lumen: Yes, she did. And you believed her. So you went over to see her, and then...?

Hot Rod: She laughed at me, slammed the door in my face. I had to shove my way in. I was so mad, I lost it. Next thing I know, the little girl came in crying, and I see what I'd done, and... I ran. I could've made her a happy woman. But she wouldn't even give me a chance. All she saw of me was my age.

[Cut to outside the interrogation room; Dr. Cornell walks up to Kio]

Kio: Perfect timing, Doc. We could use a little DNA sample from Mr. Hot Rod in here. Little icing on the cake.

Dr. Cornell: Happy to take a swab. It's sure to match the fluids on the quilt. But that's not why I wanted to see you, Kio. Remember when you had EMS voucher the blood on Tammy?

Kio: Yes.

Dr. Cornell: It was from Jamie. But there's more. I took DNA from Barry Lonnegan. I also took a swab from Tammy Lonnegan to prove that the blood on her cheek wasn't hers. [shows Kio DNA test results] They share no common alleles.

Kio: Are you telling me that Barry is not Tammy's father?

[Dr. Cornell nods; cut to the hall with Kio and Hunter]

Hunter: He has the right to know, Kio.

Kio: It's not our right to tell him.

Hunter: Do you know how heartbroken Barry will be when he finds out Tammy isn't his biological daughter? He's married to an unfaithful woman. You expect ignorance to be bliss?

Kio: First of all, Tammy is Barry's daughter, and he's the only father she's ever known. They love each other. Why do you wanna upset their relationship?

Hunter: Because it's not fair to either of them!

Kio: If Elaine Lonnegan wants to tell her husband that Tammy's not his, that's her decision, not ours.

[They suddenly notice that Barry has overheard them from a nearby bench]

Barry: What do you mean, Tammy's not my daughter?

[Cut to the interrogation room with Kio and Barry]

Barry: You know, Kio, Elaine and I had some bad times together, what with my working too much every week and all. But I stayed, for Tammy's sake. Now I find out that she's not mine.

Kio: Sorry you found out this way.

Barry: I doubt there's a good way to find out your kid really isn't yours.

[He shows a photograph of himself and Tammy on his iPhone] I used to see myself in Tammy's face.

Kio: When was this?

Barry: I rented a place in Fishkill. Tammy loves fishing. She and I'd just spend a whole day together on the dock. She'd look up at me with love in her eyes. That was the best weekend of my life. When I went back, I put an offer on the house. The deal came through just last weekend. I was gonna get Tammy her first rod and reel.

Kio: Look, hearing this news doesn't mean you love her any less.

Barry: But think about when she gets older. In the end, all she wants is her real dad.

Kio: There are plenty of adopted kids who don't care about their biological parents. Even those that do don't--

Barry: I didn't adopt her! I witnessed her birth, and I cut the umbilical cord. She was mine.

Kio: And she still is.

[Barry takes a deep breath]

Barry: Kio, what about your father?

Kio: I lost both my parents when I was a kid. I'd been living with my uncle since then. But I'm gonna be a father myself, in less than a month. Three on the way.

Barry: Your wife having triplets?

Kio: No. I have three wives.

Barry: Oh, that's right. You're married to that alien cat girl. The law of her planet allowed you to have three wives.

Kio: Yep.

Barry: Well, what if, after years of loving them, you soon found out that one of your kids wasn't yours? How would you feel?

Kio: [sighs] I know my wives. They're faithful. Besides, we've always been together since my first time.

Barry: Lucky you. Just don't let that happen to you in the near future.

[132 Madison Street, 8:45pm]

[In Kio's room, Eris, Manami, and Aoi lie down on the large bed]

Kio: What time's your appointment, girls?

Aoi: 10:00am, tomorrow.

Kio: It's too bad Dr. Durel isn't well enough to help you this time.

Eris: It's okay. Any doctor is fine.

Kio: Hey, girls, just wondering... Are any of you seeing other guys?

Manami: Jeez! Why would I go out with another guy when I've got you, jerk wad?

Kio: Manami, almost nine months of marriage, and you still call me names?

Manami: Trying to accuse us of being unfaithful? That's even worse. Are you asking us if we're carrying your babies?

Kio: [slumps onto the bed] Sorry. It's just that when I found out Barry Lonnegan wasn't Tammy's dad, I was surprised. God knows how Tammy will feel if she finds out.

Manami: Oh, right. Poor kid. Kio, she's gotta find out eventually.

Kio: But she loved Barry, and he loved her. A great deal.

Eris: But what's that gotta do with us and our babies?

Kio: I just... I just don't want you girls to end up like Elaine Lonegan, a loving wife who gave birth to a baby sired by another guy.

Aoi: [caresses Kio's face gently] We're not like that, Kio. You're the only guy for us.

Eris: [does the same] And the only father to our children. Plus, you're saving my people from becoming an endangered species.

Manami: [also does the same] None of us could ever ask for a better mate than you, Kio.

Kio: Thanks, girls.

[His iPhone beeps; Kio sees a text from Hunter: "Attack at the Lonnegans' apartment. Greg needs you, pronto!"]

Kio: Aw, man. I gotta go, girls. The Lonnegans again.

[Grand Street, 9:05pm]

[Officers carefully restrain Barry and Cecil as Kio speaks with them; Greg and Elaine look on]

Kio: Are you two gonna start acting like the responsible men you are if the officers let you go?

[Barry thinks for a moment]

Barry: Okay. Cecil?

Cecil: Yeah, okay.

Kio: I'll take it from here, officers. Thank you.

[The officers exit]

Kio: So what happened?

Greg: Well, Cecil showed up and wanted to see Tammy.

[Kio looks at Cecil]

Cecil: It's true. I'm the only other man Elaine has ever slept with besides Barry.

Kio: You mean you're the real father?

Barry: I doubt that. This two-timing bitch cheated on both of us!

Cecil: Watch it, Barry! We're in love. We've been in love for over six years. She was gonna ask you for a divorce.

Barry: When? After she blew all my money?

Elaine: Guys, please stop.

Barry: Where'd you get those clothes? Banana Republic's not enough for this bitch! She needs Armani and Gucci! Do you even have a job, Cecil?

Cecil: Broadway. I'm an actor.

Barry: You mean a waiter!

Cecil: Well, at least I can take care of Elaine, unlike some husbands!

Barry: As if you can afford her! She spends more money on those sh***y shoes than you make in a year!

Cecil: At least I spend time with her!

Barry: Guys, this loser is screwin' my wife, and I'm the one payin' every red cent!

[He charges at Cecil, but Kio restrains him; Cecil charges, but Greg restrains him]

Kio: Barry, stop!

Barry: Let me go, Kio! I can't let him take my daughter!

Elaine: Guys, that's enough! Stop it!

Tammy: [approaches the door] Daddy, what's going on?

[The scuffle stops as everyone notices Tammy]

Barry: Don't worry, Tammy. Everything's under control. Just go on back to bed.

Cecil: Have a nightmare, honey?

Tammy: No. I just heard a noise.

Cecil: Oh. Sorry.

Barry: Don't you talk to my daughter!

Cecil: Your daughter?!

Elaine: Stop! Both of you! [takes Tammy back into the apartment] Not in front of Tammy. [to Tammy] C'mon, honey. I'm sure they'll work this out.

Cecil: Arrest that SOB, Kio. He assaulted me.

Barry: Arrest him! He tried to take Tammy!

Kio: You're both coming downtown with me and the captain.

Greg: We'll let the D.A. decide.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 8:33pm]

[Kio looks on at a depressed Barry in the interview room, then walks up to Sex Crimes ADA Camilla Harris (played by Stephanie March), who is looking on at Cecil in interrogation]

Kio: What a mess.

Camilla: And it'll only get worse.

Kio: How so?

Camilla: Well, since Elaine and Barry were married when Tammy was born, the doctrine presumptive paternity means that, in the eyes of the law, Tammy is Barry's daughter.

Kio: But what about Cecil? He's her biological father.

Camilla: Doesn't make any difference, Kio. Legally, Barry is the father. Cecil doesn't have any rights, not even for visitation.

Kio: Cecil said Elaine wanted a divorce.

Camilla: And even if it gets finalized, it won't change a thing. Not only will Barry have to pay alimony to Elaine, but child support for Tammy, as well.

Kio: So let's say Elaine and Cecil will be living together. Think maybe Barry's money will cover it?

Camilla: Yeah. Look, the law looks at the child's best interests. So even if a woman tricks a man into fatherhood by secretly getting off the pill or cutting a hole in the condom, the man in question is still responsible for that child.

Kio: So Elaine lies to Barry, she gets off scot-free, but he suffers. I wish I knew what Alex might've said if he'd taken the case instead of that bar convention in Atlanta.

Camilla: He'd have said the same thing. I should know. I went to law school with him. Same class for two years. Besides, it's high time Jack gave me an ACME case.

Kio: Anyway, about Barry and Cecil, what do you wanna do with 'em?

Camilla: Since they both landed a hit against each other in self-defense, we have to let 'em both go. I gotta go home. It's late.

[She exits; Kio looks on at Barry again and frowns]

[Later that night, back at the warehouse, Kio, Eris, Manami, and Aoi are all sound asleep in the same bed; Kio suddenly awakens, looks on at his pregnant wives, then up at the ceiling]

Kio: [in his mind] Barry...

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 9:35am]

[Kio approaches the conversing Greg and Hunter]

Greg: Family Court just called. Cecil Winslow filed for custody of Tammy.

Kio: Damn it. As if this new month couldn't be any worse for Barry.

Hunter: Doesn't Cecil deserve a chance to get to know his daughter?

Kio: The law says she isn't.

Hunter: Biologically, she is. What's more, Tammy has a right to know exactly where she came from.

Greg: We can't make that decision. The Family Court judge wants you two to report for an emergency hearing.

[Kio looks at the clock on his iPhone]

Kio: I gotta take the girls to the obstetrician for their check-up.

Greg: Hearing's not 'til 3:00. You've got plenty of time. Go ahead.

[Suddenly, Corona enters with Tammy]

Tammy: Hi, Kio.

Kio: Hmm? Oh, hey, Tammy. What a surprise.

Corona: I ran into Barry downstairs. Said his car was double-parked. I asked if I could bring Tammy upstairs for an appointment.

Kio: I don't have an appointment with her. Tammy, why'd your dad bring you back here?

Tammy: Daddy-- I mean, Barry went away.

Kio: What? Wait, you're calling him by his first name?

Tammy: Cecil's my daddy now. He's always been.

Kio: Where's your mom?

Tammy: She went away, too, just like Jamie.

Kio: Oh, my God. Hunter, the Lonnegan's apartment. Corona, keep an eye on Tammy.

Greg: I'll call Cecil.

[Later, Kio and Hunter enter the Lonnegans' apartment]

Hunter: Barry! Elaine! It's Lt. Steele and Detective Kakazu!

[They enter the living room, only to find Elaine's lifeless body and blood; Hunter checks for a pulse]

Hunter: She's dead. Gunshot wound to the head.

Kio: Damn it, Barry. Wait. Tammy said he went away, too.

Hunter: Think it's a murder-suicide?

Kio: Mm-hmm.

Hunter: So where's Barry?

[Kio suddenly notices another photograph of Barry and Tammy at the dock in Fishkill]

Kio: Fishkill. It's almost a two-hour drive from here.

Hunter: [looks at the photo] Barry dropped Tammy off half an hour ago. I'll call the Dutchess County sheriff, have him watch the lake house.

Kio: I'm heading up there.

Hunter: Wait, what about the OB?

Kio: [groans] I forgot. But I gotta catch up to Barry. I'm the only one who can talk some sense into him. [dials Eris' number on his iPhone] The girls are so gonna kill me for this.

Eris: Yes, Kio?

Kio: Sorry, Eris, but Barry killed his wife and is on his way to Fishkill to kill himself. I gotta stop him.

Eris: Oh.

Kio: You'll have to go to your appointment without me.

Manami: That's okay. Miss Itokazu can take us.

Aoi: Don't worry, Kio. We understand.

Eris: Oh, and say hi to Tammy for us when you see her.

Kio: Right. Bye, girls. [hangs up] Mind if I borrow the squad car, Hunter?

Hunter: Knock yourself out. I'll take Shadow back to HQ.

[Fishkill, NY, 11:21am]

[Kio parks the squad car in front of the lake house, where the Dutchess County sheriff awaits; an ambulance passes]

Sheriff: You Kio Kakazu?

Kio: Did I call you too late?

[He and the sheriff approach the house's deck]

Sheriff: What, the bus there? Nah, that was for one of my guys. Busted his leg in a gopher hole. Your guy's back here. He's in bracelets. He had a gun to his head, but my guys tackled him, pried the piece off his hands.

Kio: Can I talk to him?

Sheriff: He's all yours, kid.

[Kio steps onto the deck and walks up to Barry]

Barry: You must be growin' really tired of comin' after me, huh, Kio? [sighs] But what does it matter? You were right yesterday.

Kio: About what?

Barry: Tammy. I spent the whole night up watchin' her sleep. She's my daughter. Well, at least she was.

Kio: Barry, why'd you kill Elaine?

Barry: She told me she wanted a divorce, and Cecil filed for custody. I was gonna lose Tammy. I begged Elaine not to take Tammy away, but she laughed in my face. I snapped, and then I shot her. Damn. I knew Tammy would hate me. I couldn't live with that. That's why I left her at your headquarters and drove here to die.

Kio: What about Cecil?

Barry: I called him. Told him to take good care of Tammy. And I also called the Family Court judge so I could wave the white flag on contesting custody. All while I drove up here. [starts tearing up] But you know what really hurt me the most on my way to drop Tammy off?

Kio: She started calling you Barry.

Barry: Yeah. She'd overheard last night's fight and learned Cecil was her real dad. That's when I realized that she'd be better off without me. So just before I dropped her off, I told her my last goodbye and that I loved her as if she really were my daughter.

Kio: Barry, I'm really sorry.

Barry: So am I.

[Kio's iPhone rings; caller ID: Maki Itokazu (in Japanese characters)]

Kio: [picks up] Go ahead, Miss Itokazu.

[Cut to Itokazu driving her SUV down the streets, with Eris riding shotgun and Manami and Aoi in the back seats; Itokazu is calling through speakerphone]

Miss Itokazu: Did you catch Barry Lonnegan?

Kio: He's in bracelets. Got the girls?

Miss Itokazu: And on our way to the OB.

Eris: Kio, why do you sound so sad?

Kio: It's a long story, Eris, but I'll explain later. Look, tell me what the doctor says when you get the chance, okay?

Eris: You got it. Love you.

Manami and Aoi: Love you.

Kio: You, too. Miss Itokazu, thanks.

Miss Itokazu: No problem. See you later. [ends the call]

Aoi: He must feel sorry for Barry.

Manami: Can't say that I blame him. I mean, first Barry finds out he's not Tammy's dad, then he finds out that Cecil wants custody.

Miss Itokazu: I know he's upset, but that's no reason to kill his wife and then kill himself.

Eris: Well, I hope Tammy's happy with Cecil.

Miss Itokazu: From what I heard, Cecil makes a good living acting. I saw him in Cats one night. He played Bustopher Jones. With what he makes combined with child support, he'll have more than enough to take good care of Tammy.

[The other three girls smile]

[Suddenly, outside, a blue BMW crosses over the center line and crashes into the SUV; both cars stop; steam hisses from the radiators; Itokazu comes to and deflates the deployed airbag; she notices that the other three girls are out cold with scratches and blood on their faces]

Miss Itokazu: Girls! Oh, my God!

[She dials 9-1-1 on her smartphone]

Operator: State your emergency.

Miss Itokazu: This is Detective Maki Itokazu. 53 at Gold and Fulton. Victims are myself and three pregnant wives of Detective Kio Kakazu. Rush the paramedics and the fire department fast. [notices that Eris is pinned] Advise the fire department that vic in the front seat is pinned!

Operator: Roger that. EMS is en route.

[Itokazu ends the call and struggles to get her door open, but to no avail; she then smashes her window open, unbuckles herself, then climbs out of the SUV to attract the attention of the oncoming fire engines and EMS units]

Miss Itokazu: Hurry! These women are pregnant and need help!

Medic: We need to check you out, though. You could have a spinal injury.

Miss Itokazu: I'm not hurt, okay? The girls inside need medical attention!

Unit captain: [to a fireman (played by Lakeith Stanfield)] Duvall!

Duvall: On it!

Miss Itokazu: Please hurry!

[Another fireman checks on Eris' side]

Fireman: Bag's loaded, Cap!

[The unit captain stops Itokazu]

Unit captain: Miss Itokazu, you can't go any further. Listen, the passenger airbag didn't deploy. It needs to be disabled before anyone can go in.

Miss Itokazu: I understand, Captain, but Eris, Manami, and Aoi are pregnant, and their babies could be in distress!

Unit captain: If that bag blows up, I'm not gonna let anyone get killed here.

Miss Itokazu: What about the other driver?

[The other driver is looked at by other firefighters and picked up by the police]

Unit captain: Just a few bruises. But his car reeks of booze.

Miss Itokazu: Hasn't he ever heard of "don't drink and drive"?

[The firefighters deflate the tires and try to stabilize the SUV]

Fireman: 'Kay, bag's dead. Vehicle stabilized.

[Two medics help Manami and Aoi out of the back seats and onto gurneys]

Manami: [barely comes to] What... happened?

Aoi: [also barely comes to] Last thing I remember, we got hit by a car.

Medic: It's all right, you two. We'll get you to the hospital fast.

Manami: Wait. Where's Eris?

Fireman: [looks at Eris' legs] Her legs are encased. We gotta cut her out.

Unit captain: Stabilize her head and neck.

Duvall: [checks Eris for a pulse] Her heart rate's up. There's not enough room to get her blood pressure, and she's still out cold.

Miss Itokazu: What about her baby?

Duvall: Hard to tell.

Miss Itokazu: Let me.

[She climbs back into the SUV and into the seat behind Eris]

Duvall: Place one hand on either side of Eris' head, and hold her neck steady.

[Itokazu does so; Eris starts coming to, moaning in pain]

Miss Itokazu: Eris, try not to move, okay?

Eris: Miss Itokazu, what happened?

Miss Itokazu: We were in an accident, but help's here, and we're gonna get you to a hospital.

Eris: Please hurry. I think my water broke.

[Cut back to the warehouse; Antonia receives a text from Hunter:
"Car accident at Gold and Fulton involving Eris, Manami, Aoi, and Miss Itokazu. EMS and the fire department are already there."]

Antonia: Oh, my God! Terrible news, guys! There's been a car accident. Eris and the other girls are hurt!

[The others murmur in shock]

Antonia: Let's try not to panic! Captain Qoone, have the crew prepare Eris' ship. I'm gonna get Kio!

[She darts into the orbital elevator, enters the Cosmo MagnaShip, and jumps into a jump tube leading to Eris' ship]

Chayka: [through intercom] All systems online, Antonia. Setting course for Fishkill.

Antonia: I'm coming, Kio!

[Outside, Eris' ship launches out of the MagnaShip, and it flies all the way to Fishkill]

[Back at Fishkill, Kio escorts Barry to a squad car]

Kio: The D.A. will probably reduce your sentence for extreme emotional disturbance, but you might still have to do time.

Barry: Who cares? My time's up.

[Kio shuts the door; his iPhone rings; caller ID: Qoone]

Kio: [picks up] What's up, Captain Qoone?

Capt. Qoone: Kio, your wives and teacher have been in a car accident.

Kio: What?!

Capt. Qoone: Help is already there, but I think the girls really need you.

Kio: It took me almost two hours to get to Fishkill. I don't think I can make it.

Capt. Qoone: Well, Antonia's on her way over with Eris' ship. Don't panic, Kio.

Kio: [takes a deep breath] Thanks for telling me, Captain. [hangs up] Oh, my God.

[All of a sudden, Eris' ship hovers overhead and lands]

Sheriff: Where'd that come from?

Kio: No time to explain, Sheriff. I gotta go. My wives need me.

[He boards the ship]

Sheriff: I'll make sure to have your squad car returned safely, Kio.

[On board the ship, Kio takes his seat and buckles up]

Antonia: [sets coordinates] Setting course for Gold Street and Fulton Street.

[The ship takes off]

Antonia: Kio, why did you have to travel all the way here?

Kio: It was the only way I could talk some sense into Barry, and try to soften him up.

Antonia: I understand you feel bad for him, knowing he's not the kid's dad, but think about your wives.

Kio: They understood.

Antonia: Hey, just promise me you won't do the same to me after we're married.

Kio: It's a promise. Contact Miss Itokazu right away.

Antonia: Roger!

[She connects her iPhone to a speaker and dials Itokazu's number]

[Cut back to the scene of the accident; Itokazu picks up her iPhone]

Miss Itokazu: Yes, Antonia?

Antonia: I've got Kio. We're on our way over.

Kio: Are the girls all right?

Miss Itokazu: Aoi and Manami are okay, but Eris-- It's not looking good. Plus, her water just broke.

[Cut back to the ship]

Kio: Mother of God! Step on it, Antonia!

Antonia: Roger! Full speed ahead!

[Outside, the ship maximizes its speed as it flies off]

[Cut back to the scene of the accident]

Miss Itokazu: I'll let the girls know. Bye. [hangs up]

Duvall: [hands Itokazu a neck brace] I need you to fit this brace around her neck.

Miss Itokazu: [gently fits the brace around Eris' neck] Kio and Antonia called. They're on their way over.

Eris: [moans] I feel a contraction coming! Oh, God, help me! [puts her head back]

Miss Itokazu: Don't move. [keeps Eris' head steady] You're doing great.

[She suddenly looks down at Eris' legs]

Miss Itokazu: Duvall!

[Duvall notices the blood on Eris' legs]

Duvall: IV!

[A medic rushes an IV kit to Duvall]

Duvall: Maki, find the biggest vein you can in her left arm. Look for the blue.

[Itokazu checks Eris' left arm for the biggest vein; she spots one]

Miss Itokazu: Got one.

Duvall: [hands her a needle] Take this needle and slide it in parallel to her arm towards you. When you see a flash of blood, you got it.

[Itokazu does so; she sees blood]

Miss Itokazu: I'm in!

Duvall: Great. Pull it out, tape it, then hook up the tubing.

[Itokazu removes the needle, tapes the catheter in place, and hooks up the tubing]

Duvall: Attagirl. Squeeze the bag.

[Itokazu gently squeezes the bag every second]

Miss Itokazu: Eris, you're doing great.

Eris: Kio, please hurry.

Unit captain: Ma'am, we need to pry the roof off. There's gonna be a lotta noise, but you're not in any danger. [hands Itokazu a fireman's jacket] Take this and put it over Eris' face.

[Itokazu does so, hiding her face, as well; outside, the firemen pry all the glass off, then cut the top off the SUV; Eris is heard crying]

Miss Itokazu: You're okay. They got the roof off.

[The firemen remove the jacket from Eris and Itokazu's faces]

Eris: Here comes another contraction!

Miss Itokazu: You're doing great, Eris. [to Duvall] Her contractions are coming in every four minutes. We need to give her something to slow down the labor.

Duvall: We don't carry those kinds of drugs on board.

[Suddenly, he notices Eris' ship approaching]

Duvall: Hey, what's that?

[The ship lands safely; Kio and Antonia come out; Kio runs up to Manami and Aoi, who are still on their gurneys]

Kio: Are you girls okay?

Manami: We're fine, Kio. Go help Eris.

Antonia: I'll keep an eye on them, Kio.

Miss Itokazu: Kio! Over here!

[Kio runs up to Eris]

Kio: Eris, I'm here!

Eris: Kio, I can't move.

Duvall: Donald Duvall, FDNY.

Kio: Kio Kakazu, ACME Crime Net. How can we get her out?

Duvall: We gotta rip the door off.

Kio: Eris, try and stay still.

[The firemen cut Eris' door]

Eris: I can't help it! The baby's coming out!

Kio: We're gonna get you out. Just squeeze my hand and don't let go, okay?

[Eris squeezes Kio's hands]

[With all their might, the firemen pry the door off slowly]

Unit captain: We'll have you out in no time.

[He lifts the dashboard off Eris' legs]

Unit captain: Okay. She's free. Get the long spine board in here, men.

[Itokazu brings Eris' seat back]

Kio: I'm not leaving your side, Eris.

[The firemen slide a long spine board behind Eris' back; Kio and Itokazu gently lift her out of the seat and strap her onto the board]

Kio: All right, everyone. On 3. 1, 2, 3!

[He, Itokazu, and the firemen lift Eris out of the SUV and onto a nearby gurney]

Kio: You're doing great, Eris. Good girl.

Eris: Where's Manami and Aoi?

Antonia: [approaches Kio and Eris] They're in the other buses. They're okay. But their water just broke.

Miss Itokazu: Captain Lee just called. Patrol is holding traffic at every cross street between here and NewYork-Presbyterian. The girls will be at the hospital within five minutes!

[She, Duvall, and Kio help Eris into the ambulance]

Kio: Thanks, Miss Itokazu. I'll take it from here.

Miss Itokazu: I'll go with Manami. Antonia, you're with Aoi.

Antonia: Roger!

[She and Itokazu exit the ambulance and shut the doors]

Eris: How long did she say?

Kio: Five minutes.

Eris: Hurry! I'm having another contraction!

Duvall: Go!

[Outside, all ambulance units set off; the ship transports out of the area]

[NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, 11:44am]

[Eris, Manami, and Aoi sit up on hospital beds (bandaged and their wounds dressed), with Kio, Antonia, Itokazu, and a doctor by their side; Eris moans loudly]

Eris: I think this is it!

Doctor: Okay, Eris. Time to push!

[Eris pushes as hard as she can]

Kio: Keep pushing, Eris.

Antonia: I can see the shoulders. Push harder!

[Eris pushes even harder; Antonia gently pulls a crying baby out; the baby has cat ears and a small tail]

Antonia: Baby's out! It's a girl!

[She wraps the baby in a blanket]

Eris: [laughs with relief] Lemme see her.

[Antonia hands Eris her baby]

Eris: Thank you, Antonia. Look, Kio. She's got kitty ears and a tail.

Kio: The very first human-Catian hybrid. I'm so proud of you, Eris.

[He and Eris kiss]

Eris: Welcome to the world,... Miyuki Kakazu.

Kio: Yeah. Miyuki. Or Miyu for short. I like that name.

[Manami starts having another contraction and moans]

Manami: I think I'm next!

Miss Itokazu: Doctor?

Doctor: Go ahead and push!

[Manami pushes]

Manami: Kio, little help here!

Kio: [holds Manami's hand] Hang in there, Manami. Push harder.

Manami: [pushes harder] I'm pushing as hard as I can!

[She grips Kio's hand as she pushes even harder; Itokazu gently pulls a baby out]

Miss Itokazu: Congratulations. It's a boy!

Manami: [teary-eyed] Oh, my God! He's so precious!

[Itokazu wraps the baby in a blanket and hands him to Manami]

Manami: Kio, I think we should call him Tatsuya.

Kio: Tatsuya Kinjyou-Kakazu. It's a great name, Manami. Maybe shorten it to Tatsu.

Manami: It's beautiful. Thank you, Kio.

[She and Kio kiss]

Aoi: I'm so happy for you two.

[She suddenly reacts to another contraction]

Kio: Aoi! [runs up to Aoi] Try pushing!

[Aoi pushes]

Aoi: Come on! [moans] Oh, my God! [strains]

Kio: Antonia, get another blanket!

[Antonia does so]

Antonia: I can see the baby's buttocks. It's almost out. Keep pushing, Aoi!

Kio: [holds Aoi's hand] You can do it, Aoi!

[Aoi pushes even harder; Antonia pulls the baby out and wraps it in a blanket]

Antonia: We have another girl!

[The baby cries; Antonia hands her to Aoi]

Aoi: [tearfully] My daughter. My beautiful baby daughter. Kio, what do you think if we name her Mitsuki? Mitsuki Futaba-Kakazu?

Kio: Lovely idea.

[He and Aoi kiss]

Kio: Girls, I'm so happy for you. Thank you for giving me two daughters and a son.

Miss Itokazu: Congratulations to all four of you.

Antonia: I'm so proud of you guys.

Kio: I owe you both. Thanks for your help in delivering the babies. Oh, and...

[He embraces Itokazu]

Kio: Thank you, Miss Itokazu, for keeping the girls company while I was gone.

[He then embraces Antonia]

Kio: And thank you, Antonia, for getting me to the girls in time.

[Antonia and Itokazu embrace Kio back]

Antonia: You're welcome, Kio.

Miss Itokazu: Consider it my belated graduation gift to you all.

[Back at the warehouse, Maya and Sara pace back and forth, waiting for a call or text; the Chipmunks, the Chipettes, the other Catians, and the guests wait patiently; Durel comes out of the orbital elevator]

Dr. Durel: I heard about the accident. [sneezes] Any news? Sorry. The cold medicine is taking its time to kick in.

Capt. Qoone: Last we heard, they made it to the hospital, but that's it.

[Suddenly, Maya's iPhone rings; caller ID: Antonia]

Maya: Hold on. [picks up] Milady.

Antonia: They're all okay. And we have two girls and a boy.

Maya: Two girls and a boy!

[Everyone else cheers]

Maya: We're on our way over, milady. Bye. [hangs up] Anyone up for a trip to the hospital, raise your hands!

[Everyone else raises their hands, except for Ichika, the Chipmunks, and the Chipettes]

Ichika: I'll stay behind and hold down the fort. Send me some photos when you get the chance.

Alvin: Plus, us 'munks wanna get to know Ichika better.

[His brothers and the Chipettes nod]

Sara: Anything you say.

[The gang sets off, leaving Ichika, the Chipmunks, and the Chipettes behind]

[Later, back at the hospital, the gang gazes in awe at the new babies in their hospital bassinets (Durel is wearing a doctor's mask)]

Chayka: They're all so cute.

Melwin: You can probably guess which one is Eris'.

Arisa: The baby with the kitty ears?

Aiko: Wow. A human-Catian hybrid.

Capt. Qoone: That's right. Kio, with this hybrid, you and Eris have made history.

Kio: Thanks, Captain Qoone. And her name is Miyu, short for Miyuki. [points at Tatsu] This is Manami's son Tatsuya, or Tatsu, for short. [points at Mitsuki] And this is Mitsuki, Aoi's daughter.

[Manami sends a photo of Tatsu by text]

Manami: Dad's gotta know about his new grandson.

Yuichi: Hey, little tykes. I'm your great-uncle Yuichi. You know, I haven't seen cuteness like this since your old man was born. God, I wish my sister and her hubby were still around to see this.

Kio: Yeah, Mom and Dad would've loved this.

Fukuhara: Kio, you lucky dog, you.

Souken: You know, Fukuhara and I really envy you. You have three wives and three kids now, and what do we have? Diddly-squat.

Fukuhara: Yeah. Can't you try and hook us up with some cute Catians?

Chayka: Sorry. Not interested.

Melwin: Thanks, but no, thanks.

Dr. Durel: I'll pass.

Capt. Qoone: Sorry, boys, but I just can't. Besides, I've got kids of my own. I might not have time for a husband. But I'll see if I can find any for you when I get back to Catia.

Fukuhara: Well, it's worth a shot.

[Greg enters with four gift bags]

Greg: Hello, everybody.

Kio: Captain Lee!

Greg: From everyone in the squad. Congratulations.

[He hands one to each of Kio's wives, according to their Cosmo Cat colors]

Eris: Thank you, Captain.

Greg: [hands Kio the black gift bag] And this is for you, Kio. Oh, and there's someone else here who wants to congratulate you. She saw it all on the news. [opens the door] Come on in.

[Cecil enters with Tammy, who is holding a bouquet of daisies]

Kio: Tammy.

Tammy: Hi, Kio. [hands Kio the bouquet] These are for you. Congratulations.

Kio: Oh, thank you.

Tammy: I should be thanking you. You made me realize that Cecil's my real dad.

Cecil: I promise, Kio, I'll take good care of her. Her mom would want that.

Tammy: Yeah. I really miss her, and Jamie.

Cecil: I'll hire a new nanny to look after her whenever I have to work. Plus, we were pretty lucky Barry didn't get Elaine's insurance policy.

Kio: I'm happy for you, Cecil. You and Tammy.

Tammy: Thanks. But what's gonna happen to Barry? I heard you found him and took him away.

Kio: He's going away for quite a while. I'm sorry you have to hear this.

Tammy: You know what the sad part is? I didn't even hang out with him as much as I did with Mommy and Cecil. He was always working.

Kio: That's a shame.

Tammy: But Cecil-- I mean, Daddy is nothing like him. And you won't be like him, either, will you, Kio?

Kio: [places the bouquet in a vase of fresh water] Of course not. I mean, I know it's three kids already, but they're all very important to me, as well as my three wives. I promise, Tammy, for your sake, I won't betray them. Thank you.

[He and Tammy embrace]

Kio: Hey, you wanna meet my wives?

Tammy: Sure.

[She walks up to Kio's wives]

Tammy: Nice kitty ears.

Eris: Thanks. My new baby daughter has them, too. I'm pleased to meet you, Tammy. My name is Eris.

Manami: I'm Manami.

Aoi: And I'm Aoi.

[As the chatter continues, outside, a Spirit Soldier in green spandex hovering on a broomstick watches the happy group through the window]

Soldier Green: [sighs] They're never gonna believe this back in Japan.

[She flies off on her broomstick and out of sight]

[FINAL NOTE:
Barry Lonnegan pleaded guilty to one count of manslaughter in the first degree and was sentenced to serve 12 1/2-25 years in Sing Sing Correctional Facility.
Lou "Hot Rod" Carter pleaded guilty to one count of rape in the second degree and one count of murder in the second degree and was sentenced to serve 15 years to life imprisonment in Greenhaven Correctional Facility.
Tammy Lonnegan-Winslow now resides with her biological father Cecil Winslow.
The drunk driver was identified as Ivan Heche, and he was convicted of driving while intoxicated and four counts of vehicular assault in the first degree. He was sentenced to eight years in prison and received a $1,000 fine for the DWI]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Brittany: What?! The Ninja Nappers escaped?!

Alvin: And what does Mechike want with those divers? And why do their shapes look so familiar?

Simon: Why is a shrine maiden on the run?

Jeanette: And what are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles doing here?

Alvin: And the Power Rangers, too?!

Brittany: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Ninja Showdown Part 1.

Alvin: Vigilance, dedication, courage. By the way, who are those ninja babes?

Brittany: Alvin!

Last edited by TVLubber (1/20/2020 2:46 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera