ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2018 7:11 am  #1

Side-Fic 284: The Treacherous Ten

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Sora: Hey, everyone! The show's about to start! Just make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not sitting too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On board the Nickar, the Demonoids, Argon, and Roget assemble in the main hall]

Westcott: Demonoids, at long last, my ultimate army is complete. Assemble!

[10 powerful female looking cyborgs enter the scene]

[The hawk-looking cyborg:]

Tomahawk: I am Tomahawk, team leader.

[The cyborg that resembles a fallen angel:]

Myaza: I am Myaza, second in command.

[The cyborg that resembles a moth:]

Demoth: I am Demoth.

[The cyborg that resembles a deadly sea serpent:]

Serpentia: I am Serpentia.

[The cyborg that resembles a salamander:]

Scorch: I am Scorch.

[The cyborg that resembles a bat:]

Fearbat: I am Fearbat.

[The cyborg that resembles a spriggan:]

Norebo: I am Norebo.

[The cyborg that resembles a clown:]

Zobo: I am Zobo.

[The cyborg that resembles a great-horned owl:]

Lutehoot: I am Lutehoot.

[The cyborg that resembles an Andean condor:]

Talon: I am Talon.

Roget: Remarkable, master. You've really outdone yourself.

Tomahawk: We await your first order, Master Westcott.

Westcott: For starters, take your team to New York City and wreak havoc.

Tomahawk: That's easily done. Like this!

[She takes the form of Layla Hamilton in Gladiator form]

Tomahawk: That rich bitch will regret ever crossing up the Demonoids!

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, Saturday, June 2nd, 4:34pm]

[Layla opens the door, revealing the rest of the cast of Kaleido Stage (along with Jonathan) and Pamela returning with their duffel bags]

Layla: Welcome back, everyone!

[She and Sora embrace; Zuzu, the Chipmunks, and the Chipettes join the greeting]

Pamela: Hey, guys. Glad to be back.

Brittany: You missed a lot while we you gone.

Ken: Hey, kids, guess who I brought with me for a few weeks.

Alvin: You brought the whole gang, Ken. What more could you bring?

[Ken's sister Luci enters with a duffel bag]

Luci: Hi, everyone!

Chipmunks and Chipettes: Luci?!

Luci: Guess who just graduated middle school!

[She shows the gang a photograph of herself accepting her diploma at middle school graduation on her iPhone]

Brittany: Luci, congratulations!

[She and Luci embrace]

Luci: Thanks, Brittany. This vacation in New York is Ken's graduation gift from me.

Ken: She deserves it. Can't believe my little sis is growing up.

Sora: So, guys, what'd we miss?

Alvin: Well, we got a new superhero team, Ash and his group became a team called the Ultra Guardians, and when we took them on in a Pokémon match, my Poliwag evolved into a Poliwhirl.

Rosetta: I bet you're gonna use a Water Stone to make it evolve again.

Alvin: Nope. I've got this.

[He holds up a King's Rock]

Marion: A King's Rock!

Alvin: Poliwhirl has two evolutionary forms: Poliwrath by Water Stone, and Politoed by King's Rock when it's traded or transported. As soon as I get it transported back to Dave while it holds this, it'll evolve into Politoed the next time it pops out of its Pokéball.

[Alvin notices a special news report on TV with the footage shown]

Alvin: Huh?

Reporter: In local news, we have a catastrophic disturbance in Central Park. There have been several reports of serious injuries. The perpetrator is unknown. But who or whatever but was that caused this is incredibly powerful.

[The gang notices the report]

Reporter: The culprits struck like a tornado, causing serious property damage. We have a wit-- [looks to his left] Oh, wait. Here come the Kaleido Gladiators now.

[The camera turns its attention to the 10 Kaleido Gladiators (or what look like them)]

Reporter: Hopefully we'll be able to get a word with them, and they'll be able to shed some light onto the abomination that just occurred here, and perhaps clue us in to who or what caused all this.

Layla: Those aren't us. The Kaleido Gladiators are right here.

Alvin: I bet West-- I mean, Mechike, sent them.

Sora: We gotta stop those phonies. You Chipmunks stand by.

Simon: Roger that.

[Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, Zuzu, and Pamela exit]

[Central Park, 5:01pm]

[The fake Gladiators approach the reporter and the witness]

Reporter: Gladiators, tell us, who do you think is the cause of all this travesty?

Fake Golden Phoenix: Oh, we don't think. [holds the two civilians at sword point] We know!

Other fake Gladiators: [point their weapons at other nearby civilians] We did it!

[Their weapons unleash energy upon the citizens, who panic and run]

[Suddenly, the real Kaleido Gladiators fly into the scene]

Reporter: It appears that the Kaleido Gladiators that caused this chaos are actually impostors! Here come the real Gladiators now!

[The Gladiators land and face the fakes]

Layla: So, you 10 phonies thought you could frame us for your attack on Central Park?

Fake Angel of Hope: Spare me. We're only here for one reason.

Fake Diabolo Fairy: To kill the 10 of you!

Fake Golden Phoenix: CHARGE!

[She and her army charge at the real Gladiators, who fight back w/their weapons over the next two minutes; their fight ends up in Delacorte Theater]

Layla: Gladiators, assemble the Super Kaleido Cannon!

[She and the other Gladiators (minus Pamela) combine their weapons to form the Super Kaleido Cannon; Pamela powers up her Ivory Crossbow]

Pamela: Ivory Crossbow!

[The Gladiators point their weapons at the fakes]

Fake Golden Phoenix: You ain't got the guts!

Gladiators: FIRE!

[They fire their weapons at the fakes, who block using their wings as shields]

Pamela: Damn! These fakes are good, for bad guys.

Layla: Pamela, let's see if your crossbow can combine with our cannon.

Pamela: But Alvin hasn't even thought of-- [sighs] Never mind. I'll try.

[She separates her crossbow in half and attaches each half to the bottom the Super Kaleido Cannon]

Layla: Perfect! We'll call this 10-weapon combo the Kaleido Enforcer!

Pamela: Good name.

Fake Ivory Eagle: Will you just fire the damn thing already?!

[The Gladiators point the Kaleido Enforcer at the fakes]

Layla: Gladiators, ready!

Pamela: Aim!

All 10 Gladiators: FIRE!!

[The Kaleido Enforcer fires a massive blast of 10 colors (in the shape of a 10-pointed star) at the fakes, who try to shield themselves w/their wings, but get struck by the strong blast (all 10 of them)]

Sora: Alvin's gonna love this new weapon combo.

Fake Golden Phoenix: You may be strong, and we may not be Gladiators. [snickers] But you don't know who we really are. Ladies?

[She and her fellow fake Gladiators open their arms and resume their original Treacherous Ten forms]

Layla: They're Demonoids!

Tomahawk: But we're unlike any other you've ever faced. We're the Treacherous Ten.

Myaza: We're 10 times faster than you.

Demoth: More agile than you.

Serpentia: Smarter than you.

Scorch: Stronger than you.

Fearbat: But we're pure evil.

Norebo: And we show no mercy.

Zobo: Unlike you, who fight to protect,...

Lutehoot: We fight to destroy.

Talon: And our top priority is you.

Tomahawk: Tomahawk!

Myaza: Myaza!

Demoth: Demoth!

Serpentia: Serpentia!

Scorch: Scorch!

Fearbat: Fearbat!

Norebo: Norebo!

Zobo: Zobo!

Lutehoot: Lutehoot!

Talon: Talon!

Tomahawk: Where there is evil, there is a heart of injustice!

All 10 Demonoids: We are the Treacherous Ten!

Brittany: [whispers to Layla] They didn't say anything about masquerading as us in the microfilm.

Layla: I know.

[Pikes appear in each of the Treacherous Ten's right hands]

Tomahawk: Our Pyro Pikes will make your lives a living Hell! CHARGE!

[They charge at the Gladiators and strike their respective opponents w/their ignited pikes]

Tomahawk: Now!

[She grips Layla's head and taps into her mind; the rest of her comrades do the same to the other Gladiators:
Myaza to Sora
Demoth to Rosetta
Serpentia to Marion
Scorch to May
Fearbat to Brittany
Norebo to Mia
Zobo to Anna
Lutehoot to Zuzu
Talon to Pamela]

[The Gladiators groan and vainly struggle to resist]

Tomahawk: [laughs] It's pointless to resist the mind tap! Now we'll know all about your powers! Your abilities! Your everything!

[As soon as the mind tap is complete, they kick the Gladiators to the ground]

Tomahawk: [laughs] See what happens when you mess with Isaac Westcott and his Demonoids?!

Pamela: Isaac Westcott?! I thought Mechike was the leader of the Demonoids!

Sora: Besides, Westcott's supposed to be dead!

Brittany: I should've told you earlier, but the Spirit Soldiers told me about Mechike's true identity.

Myaza: That's right. Westcott was reincarnated as Mechike. But enough of that. It's time to destroy you!

[Suddenly, the Spirit Soldiers (minus Gold) rush into the scene riding motorcycle-like vehicles and ram the Treacherous Ten one by one]

Tomahawk: The Spirit Soldiers!

Tohka: So you're the Treacherous Ten. It's unforgivable enough you have to attack Central Park and threaten innocent civilians, but to frame the Kaleido Gladiators for it?!

Tomahawk: Let's get back to the sub, troops. We've got the data we need.

[She and her team vanish]

Origami: Are you all okay?

Sora: We're fine.

Brittany: Thanks again, Spirit Soldiers. Uh, you know, it's okay to reveal your identities to my fellow Gladiators now.

Tohka: You're right.

All 11 Spirit Soldiers: Retroform!

[They all retroform]

Layla: Tohka! Origami!

Sora: Kotori! Miku!

Marion: Yoshino!

May: Kurumi!

Anna: Kaguya! Yuzuru!

Layla: Brittany, why didn't you tell me our Spirit friends were the Spirit Soldiers?

[Brittany shrugs]

Sora: And who are these other three?

Natsumi: I'm Natsumi Kyouno.

Nia: Nia Honjou.

Mukuro: Mukuro Hoshimiya.

Zuzu: It's nice to actually meet you all properly. I'm Zuzu Boyle, the new Lorikeet of Love.

[Miku hugs Zuzu and nuzzles her cheeks]

Zuzu: Hey! What the hell?!

Miku: First thing you gotta know about me-- I'm a nut for cute girls like you!

Tohka: Same old Miku.

Zuzu: Okay, Miku! I get it! Could you please let me go now?!

[Miku lets go]

Miku: Sorry. Even though I'm seeing my darling Shido, I still maintain my love for women.

Tohka: Hey, guys, check these new babies out.

[She turns the Gladiators' attention to the Spirit Soldiers' new cycles]

Tohka: These are our new Sephira Cycles, developed by Ratatoskr.

Kotori: They can travel at Mach-2 speed, and their Air Strike was what helped scare the Treacherous Ten away.

Layla: They're amazing, Kotori.

Tohka: Now, about the Treacherous Ten--

Sora: You scaring them away won't stop them permanently. Remember, since they tapped into our minds, they now know who we are and what we do.

Mia: When next we fight them, they'll be one step ahead of us. We gotta find a weakness.

Brittany: I'm sure the microfilm should help.

Tohka: It better. We gotta go now. We're gonna meet Shido at the hospital. He and Mana are being discharged today.

Brittany: Oh, we'll come, too. I'm sure my fellow Glads would like to get to know the real Spirit Soldier Gold.

Kotori: The more, the merrier.

[Back at the Nickar, the Treacherous Ten reappear before Westcott]

Westcott: Well done, Treacherous Ten. Have you managed to tap into their minds?

Tomahawk: Yes, master. Now we'll know them inside and out.

Westcott: Good. Find them, and don't come back until you've killed them. Once you do, bring down the Cosmo Cats and the Crystal Exceeds. I'll leave the Spider Riders to Savage, and the Spirit Soldiers will be my responsibility.

All of the Treacherous Ten: Understood!

[They all exit]

Westcott: The Kaleido Gladiators have finally met their match.

[Metropolitan Hospital Center, 6:12pm]

[The gang enters Shido and Mana's hospital room, where Shido and Mana, fully recovered (albeit with a bandage wrapped around her right elbow), are dressed and ready to go]

Shido: Hey, ladies. Just in time.

Layla: How are you feeling, Shido?

Shido: Hey, Layla. [shakes hands with Layla] Never felt better.

[Mana notices the rest of the gang]

Mana: I didn't realize you were bringing the whole party.

Pamela: [walks up to Shido] So, you're Spirit Soldier Gold, eh?

Shido: Yep. Shido Itsuka.

Pamela: Pamela Mosley.

[They shake hands]

Shido: Nice to properly meet you, Pamela. And this is Mana, my biological sister.

Pamela: It's a pleasure, Mana.

[She and Mana shake hands]

Mana: Pleasure's all mine, Pamela. But I believe we met before, on Westcott's submarine, when you and the Chipmunks snuck in to find Owen.

Pamela: Wait, you're the spy?

Mana: Well, I was.

Zuzu: Hi, Mana. I'm Sarah's replacement,--

Mana: Zuzu Boyle. Glad to meet you. Big Brother told me about you.

Zuzu: Tell me, Shido, what sorta connection do you have with the Demonoids?

Shido: Why don't we discuss that over dinner?

[Ellen's Stardust Diner, 6:30pm]

[The gang has dinner with the Chipmunks, Jeanette, Eleanor, Ken, and Luci]

Layla: I was going to treat everyone to dinner, anyway.

Shido: Thanks, Layla.

Zuzu: Anyway, you and the Demonoids-- What's their beef with you?

Shido: Well, Isaac Westcott was the head of Deus Ex Machina Industries.

Tohka: Are you familiar with the first Spatial Quake from over 30 years ago?

Pamela: The one that attacked the Eurasian continent?

Zuzu: I heard that over 150,000,000 lives were taken back then. Was Westcott the cause of that?

Shido: Yep. Years before that, he was a kind young mage living in a village of mages with Ellen and Karen Mathers, alongside Elliot Woodman, the founder of Ratatoskr.

Brittany: I've heard stories about that village. But it was destroyed.

Shido: Exactly. A group of normal humans grew scared of the mages' powers and burned their village down, taking the lives of almost every mage in the process. Isaac, Ellen, Karen, and Elliot were the only ones left alive.

Brittany: Owen Mathers-- He might've been a mage, too.

Shido: Yeah, Elliot knew Owen. Owen moved out of the village sometime before the fire. Had something to do with living a normal life. He hasn't used his mage powers since. Anyway, since that day, something snapped inside Isaac. He vowed to destroy all humans and rebuild Earth in his own image: As a planet solely for mages.

Tohka: As he grew up, Isaac was adopted by a very wealthy couple called the Westcotts from the United Kingdom. But as he became an adult, his parents were killed in an accident. Well, it was actually made to look like an accident.

Origami: Anyway, soon after, Isaac-- I mean, Westcott, inherited billions. Then he concocted a sick plan, so he, Ellen, and Elliot gathered all the world's spiritual energy and created the First Spirit.

Nia: But the First Spirit's creation also caused a massive Spatial Quake over the Eurasian continent, thereby destroying many in its path and killing over 150,000,000 living beings, humans, animals, and plants alike.

Kurumi: When Westcott saw all the damage his plan had caused, he could only laugh. His remorse was nonexistent.

Sora: So Westcott was the reason you Spirits came to be?

Tohka: Well, not exactly. Most of us were human when we became Spirits. Except for me, however. I was born out of pure spiritual energy.

Shido: Anyway, not long afterward, I came across the First Spirit.

Brittany: You? Three decades ago? But you're 19!

Shido: As Shido, I am. But back then, I was Shinji Takamiya. Anyway, I took the First Spirit home with me, and Mana chastised me for harboring a naked girl. Even so, I decided to give her a name: Mio. She soon grew accustomed to her new life and became one of the family.

Mana: Then one day, Westcott discovered where Mio was and kidnapped me for ransom to get Big Brother to turn Mio over.

Shido: I thought he was bluffing, but still, I didn't wanna endanger Mio. Then he came up to me and shot me dead. Thankfully, Mio was able to salvage my soul, and about a decade and a half later, I was reborn as Shido. She then left me with my old friend Tatsuo and his wife, Mana's friend Haruko.

Kotori: They're my parents. I was still in elementary school when Mom and Dad adopted Shido. Since that day, the two of us formed a special bond.

Rosetta: But how did you become a commander?

Kotori: When I was 8, after I became a Spirit, I joined Ratatoskr as commander of the Fraxinus.

Mana: As for me, Westcott injected me with artificial magic that reduced my lifespan and stopped my aging process, like he did many a soldier. And he didn't even care. I became his Adeptus 2 to Ellen's Adeptus 1, but after a fight with Kurumi and finding out the truth about what Westcott did to me, I abandoned DEM for good and joined Ratatoskr.

Shido: After numerous battles, DEM was shut down, Mana got her lifespan restored, and, thanks to Mio, we brought an end to Westcott. That is, until Prescott reincarnated him as Mechike.

Mana: And he erased all his old memories so he'd be obedient. Then a few days ago, Westcott's memories of conquest were fully restored, and now,...

Layla: He's out to finish what he started and get his revenge on Shido.

Shido: Fighting his Treacherous Ten Demonoids won't be easy, considering he used my knowledge.

[A familiar beep is heard]

Layla: [to her wristband] Go ahead. We read you.

[No response]

[Another beep is heard]

Mia: Who's calling us?

[Sora suddenly notices Luci playing a new space-themed game on her iPhone; every time she powers up, a beep similar to the beep from Gladiators' wristbands is heard]

Sora: Luci, what app is that?

Luci: It's the hottest new app. Alien Ambush. It's almost like Space Invaders, but it's got a whole lot more challenges and lets you power up your firepower at any time at little to no cost.

Sora: Wow. That's amazing.

Ken: Yeah, but could you turn the volume down? The Gladiators mistook the power-up beep for the beep on their wristbands.

Luci: [mutes her iPhone] Okay. But it won't matter. Look around you.

[Several other customers are playing the same app on their iPhones, iPod Touches, or iPads]

[The gang shrugs]

Shido: You know, it's interesting. Our Spirit Braces have that same beep.

Layla: Well, isn't that a coincidence? Speaking of which, Shido, how's yours doing?

Shido: Unfortunately, the one I have is still in bad shape. It only has enough energy to make contact with the others.

Kotori: Our crew is still trying to find good-working components. But even after they do find one, it'll take a while to get it up and running again.

[New York City, Sunday, June 3rd, 8:34am]

[The Treacherous Ten scan the city]

Tomahawk: Those Gladiators can't hide forever.

[All the while, outside the Empire State Building, a woman stops and plays Alien Ambush on her iPhone; as he powers up, the beep is heard]

[Cut to the top of the Chrysler Building with Demoth and Serpentia]

Demoth: Found one! Let's go!

[They vanish, then reappear before the woman in front of the ESB and ambush her]

Demoth: All right, Diabolo-- Wait! You're no Gladiator!

Woman: Leave me alone!

Demoth: [growls and releases the woman] Damn it!

[The woman runs off]

Serpentia: But you said you heard!

Demoth: I did! Let's go.

[They vanish]

[Elsewhere, Myaza hears the same beep]

Myaza: Got one! Come, Talon!

[She and Talon vanish, then reappear in front of a car coming out of a parking lot and stop it]

Talon: Get her, Myaza! I'll hold the car!

Myaza: [runs to the driver's door] Roger!

[She pries the door off and is about to attack the driver]

Myaza: I've got you now, you pathetic, little...!

[The driver is an elderly man and his wife (who is also playing Alien Ambush)]

Myaza: ...old couple?!

Talon: I thought you heard a Gladiator!

Myaza: So did I! Come on!

[They vanish]

Elderly husband: What was that about?

Elderly wife: I don't know. Thank God we have insurance.

[Elsewhere, Norebo, Zobo, and Lutehoot appear before a trio of young girls (playing the same app) in a playground, scaring them away]

Lutehoot: These little brats aren't the Kaleido Gladiators!

Zobo: And just when it seemed like you had them!

Norebo: Let's get outta here!

[They vanish]

[Elsewhere, Fearbat and Scorch appear in front of a bodega; Scorch strangles a woman who was also playing the same app]

Fearbat: You dolt! That's not a Kaleido Gladiator!

Scorch: [releases the woman] Damn it!

[She and Fearbat vanish]

[132 Madison Street, 8:55am]

[In the lab, Layla notices the attacks on the monitor; the rest of the team looks on]

Sora: I don't get it. Why would they attack random girls for a few seconds and then just leave?

Layla: I'll bet they're looking for us.

Pamela: But why would they mistake innocent girls for Gladiators?

Brittany: We'd better warn Shido. He's out getting groceries. He might be able to keep them busy for a while.

[Elsewhere, Shido is about to enter a supermarket, when his Spirit Brace beeps; Shido quietly heads for a nearby alley]

Shido: Go ahead.

Brittany: Shido, be on the lookout. The Treacherous Ten are attacking innocent girls randomly. They're probably looking for us Gladiators.

Shido: Copy that. I'm near the market. They're nowhere in sight. I'll keep you posted. Shido out.

[He exits the alley, only to run into Tomahawk]

Tomahawk: Looking for someone?!

[She grabs Shido as the rest of her team appears; Tomahawk knocks the Spirit Brace from Shido's wrist]

Myaza: Oh, look! It's the leader of the Spirit Soldiers!

Demoth: Tell us where the Kaleido Gladiators are.

Shido: Never!

Talon: Then you're coming with us.

[Shido grits his teeth]

[Back at the warehouse, Origami shows the Gladiators (civilian form) the Alien Ambush app on her iPhone]

Origami: This is why the Treacherous Ten attacked all those girls. [plays the app and powers up; the beep is heard] Hear that?

Sora: They think it's one of us!

Origami: Exactly. Which means none of us are allowed to make contact with our wristbands or Spirit Braces.

Brittany: [groans; facepalms] I wish you'd have said so sooner.

Origami: Why? What is it?

Brittany: I called Shido.

Mia: He was near the supermarket.

Kotori: I'll check it out.

[Later, outside the supermarket, Tohka and Kotori teleport there]

Tohka: [points at Shido's Spirit Brace on the ground] Over there!

[She and Kotori run up to the scene where Shido was kidnapped; Kotori picks up Shido's Spirit Brace]

Kotori: We gotta warn the Gladiators.

[Tohka whips out her iPhone and contacts Layla via FaceTime]

Layla: What happened, Tohka?

Tohka: The Treacherous Ten kidnapped Shido!

Kotori: Run a scan and find him.

[Cut back to the warehouse lab; Mia runs a scan; the monitor opens a channel to an abandoned building in North Brother Island]

Mia: Found him! He's inside an old building in North Brother Island.

Layla: We're on our way over there to save him.

Tohka: Thanks, Layla. And don't worry. We'll set a trap for them.

Layla: Roger that. [ends call] Let's go, girls. Remember, no one uses their wristbands to make contact.

[Her fellow Gladiators nod; all 10 head out]

[North Brother Island, 9:13am]

[Inside a room in the abandoned tuberculosis pavilion, the unconscious Shido is gagged and tied to a chair (wrists, ankles, and torso); Shido comes to and looks around]

[Outside the building, Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, Zuzu, and Pamela head for the building, but suddenly bump into an invisible wall]

May: The hell is this?!

[Pamela knocks on the wall]

Pamela: A forcefield. We gotta suit up.

Sora: Pam, we can't! The Treacherous Ten will hear us.

Layla: Besides, the other Spirit Soldiers have already set up the decoy by now. We just have to wait until they text us the signal.

[Elsewhere, Tomahawk hears the same beep]

Tomahawk: Got 'em! I knew they'd screw up eventually. Come, my teammates!

[They all head for the road to find what appears to be May's SUV rushing down the road]

Tomahawk: Over there!

[They race toward the SUV and fire their lasers at it, causing it to crash into a fire hydrant; they run up to the SUV and open the doors, but no one is in the seats]

Tomahawk: Huh?! It's empty!

Myaza: Look in the trunk!

[Tomahawk opens the trunk, but all that's inside is an electronic device that's making the same beep sound as the Gladiators' wrist bands]

Tomahawk: Sh*t! We've been had!

[Watching from 30 feet away, Kotori (as Spirit Soldier Red) laughs]

Kotori: Controlling that replica of May's car by remote was a stroke of genius. [sends a text to Layla] This should give the Glads the time to transform.

[Back outside the pavilion, Layla gets the text]

Layla: That's the signal! Gladiators, ready?!

Other nine: Ready!

All 10: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: Phoenix Saber!

[She shatters the forcefield to pieces with her sword]

Layla: Come on! Shido needs us!

[They all fly toward the pavilion, only to run into the Treacherous Ten again]

Layla: Them again!

Tomahawk: Who were you expecting? Aaron Paul?

Myaza: Did you really think your Spirit Soldier friends could fool us with that decoy?

Talon: You're all pathetic.

Layla: Enough!

[Her teammates whip out their weapons]

Layla: Phoenix Saber!

Sora: Bow of Hope!

Rosetta: Fairy Daggers!

Marion: Aqua Cannon!

May: Demon Trident!

Brittany: YumeBlade!

Mia: Platinum Lance!

Anna: Geo Baton!

Zuzu: Lorikeet Flute!

Pamela: Ivory Crossbow!

Treacherous Ten: Pyro Pikes!

[Their pikes appear in their hands]

[The Gladiators fight the Treacherous Ten rigorously]

[Back in the pavilion, the still imprisoned Shido repeatedly leans against a shelf unit with an old clay pot on top; the pot soon falls off and shatters to the floor; Shido tips over the chair, struggles to grab a sharp shard of the pot with his right hand, and tries to cut the rope around his wrist]

[Back outside, the fight between the Gladiators and the Treacherous Ten rages on, but after a few minutes, the Gladiators are overwhelmed one by one by their respective opponents of the Treacherous Ten]

Tomahawk: Face it, Gladiators. You can't beat us.

Layla: That's what the other Demonoids before you said, and look where they ended up. CHARGE!

[The Gladiators charge again, but the Treacherous Ten focus their energies into their Pyro Pikes]

Treacherous Ten: Pyro Pikes, Inferno Fury!

[Their pikes unleash a massive burst of flames at the Gladiators, hitting them hard]

[Back in the pavilion, Shido manages to free his right wrist, then uses it to remove his gag and set himself free]

Shido: [gets back on his feet] No trouble at all.

[He suddenly looks out the window and notices the Gladiators being overwhelmed by the Treacherous Ten]

Shido: Oh, my God!

[He exits the pavilion]

[Outside, the Treacherous Ten fire their Inferno Fury blast at the Gladiators again, hitting them yet again, but this time, with double the power; Layla struggles to charge at them]

Tomahawk: You're quite resilient, Golden Phoenix.

[Suddenly, she and her team get transported out, leaving the Gladiators to fall to the ground in defeat; all 10 revert to normal just as Shido runs up to them]

Shido: Gladiators! You girls okay?

Layla: Yeah, I think so. Thanks, Shido.

[The other Spirit Soldiers teleport into the scene]

Tohka: What happened to you girls?!

Sora: The Treacherous Ten happened.

Pamela: We came to save Shido, but they blocked our path and beat the crap out of us.

Brittany: They almost killed us, until they disappeared, for some reason.

Mukuro: We'd better escort thee home.

[She and the other female Spirit Soldiers help the Gladiators to their feet and set off; Origami walks up to Shido and hands him his Spirit Brace]

Origami: Are you all right, Shido?

Shido: Yep. Managed to break myself outta that old shack.

Origami: Good. Let's go.

[They follow the others out]

[Back at the Nickar, the exhausted Treacherous Ten approach Westcott]

Tomahawk: We had them!

Myaza: Why did you recall us?!

Westcott: Much as I want the Gladiators out of my hair, I'll decide when you can finish them.

Talon: And when will that be?!

[Westcott zaps the Treacherous Ten with bolts of lightning from his laser cannons]

Westcott: You're lucky you're essential. Or I'd have deprogrammed you. I'll tell you as much as I choose to.

LN: Now, leave!

[The reluctant Treacherous Ten exit]

Westcott: LN, my office.

[LN follows him to his office]

LN: Tell me your plan, Master Westcott, and I'll assist you.

Westcott: What I'm about to tell you is never going to leave this office. Do you know where the Treacherous Ten get their powers?

LN: Argon, of course. You ask him to bring your creations to life.

Westcott: Yes. However, he created them with his DNA in order to make them even more powerful. They'll destroy the Kaleido Gladiators, but real slowly, and the more energy the Treacherous Ten use against the Gladiators, the closer Argon reaches his end, even if they're destroyed.

LN: You want to destroy the Gladiators, the Treacherous Ten, and Argon?

Westcott: Absolutely. Argon has proven himself unworthy since Prescott was defeated. But I want his heart. His third eye may be powerful, but his heart is the source of its power, and with it, I can build a big army that ACME won't want to fight. That's the one time he'll prove to be useful to us.

[He snickers smugly]

[FINAL NOTE:
The Treacherous Ten remains at large.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Sora: Luci gets the next episode to herself?!

Ken: Why her when I'm part of the cast?!

Eris: Actually, the next episode is one of mine. Us Cosmo Cats need some focus once in a while.

Qoone: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Blackmail. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Eris: I'm coming to drop in on you!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/30/2022 6:25 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera