ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2018 10:56 pm  #1

Side-Fic 287: Zuzu vs. Lutehoot/Mu Goes Rogue

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Zuzu: Hi, everyone! The show's about to start! Just make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not sitting too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On board the Nickar, Mu lies in a cell in the brig]

Mu: I was supposed to be Westcott's top mechanic. Instead, he shafts me and punishes me for the actions of one of my failed subordinates. I did all I could.

[Suddenly, entering the brig are twin brothers in Super CDG units: Bruce and Bryce Tapper (portrayed respectively by Dylan and Blake Tuomy-Wilhoit)]

Mu: Ah, the Tapper twins: Bruce and Bryce. I forgot Roget hired you to join our group. What are you two doing here?

Bruce: We're here to get you outta here, Lady Mu.

Bryce: When we heard last night what Westcott had done to you by locking you up, we decided to cook up an escape plan for you.

Bruce: The moment you go through the doors of this brig, transport to New York, but go in human form. [hands Mu a sword] Your new weapon.

Mu: [snickers] Westcott will rue the day she ever thought of crossing Mu.

[Bruce whips out a key and unlocks the cell; Bryce opens the gate, releasing Mu; as soon as Mu crosses the doorway, she transports out; Bryce leaves a device in the cell and activates it, revealing a holographic version of Mu; Bruce shuts the gate and locks it up again; they exit the brig]

Bruce: Good thing I swiped that thing from the lab late last night.

Bryce: That'll trick the other Demonoids for sure. Now, to Lutehoot.

[They exit the scene]

[Meanwhile, in Argon's chambers, Westcott injects Argon with a syringe]

Westcott: This should help ease your pain, Argon.

Argon: Yes, but it won't recover the power I lost.

Westcott: Rest assured, my friend, you'll be back to full power, given time.

[He exits Argon's chambers and walks up to LN]

LN: Sir, how is Argon?

Westcott: So long as my medicine numbs his senses, he'll never know the Treacherous Ten is wasting away his energy.

LN: But what if the Gladiators kill them the same way they did Norebo and Zobo?

Westcott: They won't lose. But our top priority now is to obliterate Argon and take his heart.

[Roget approaches]

Roget: That's why I've dispatched Lutehoot and a pair of criminal twins to deal with ACME, Master Westcott. I want Yuya Sakaki and his group to pay for ruining my plans back in the Synchro Dimension. And the first of his group to go will be... his beloved Zuzu Boyle.

[Westcott snickers smugly]

[Elsewhere on board the sub, Lutehoot faces the twins]

Lutehoot: Bruce and Bryce Tapper, my Super CDG soldiers, your first order of business is to attack ACME Crime Net. While you keep the Spider Riders, Cosmo Cats, Crystal Exceeds, and Spirit Soldiers at bay, my team and I will attack the Kaleido Gladiators. Norebo and Zobo will be avenged.

Bruce: 30 of them against the two of us?

Bryce: I'm all for it. 'Sides, we've got these units.

Lutehoot: Glad you boys see things my way.

[Her teammates approach]

Tomahawk: Those two were idiots to try and go rogue on us.

Myaza: Their loss was a foregone conclusion.

Lutehoot: But mine won't, because I won't lose. Mr. Roget gave me and my two subordinates his orders. We'll follow them to a T. Now let's go.

[The eight remaining members of the Treacherous Ten vanish with the twins]

[132 Madison Street, Thursday, July 12th, 6:58am]

[The eight Demonoids and the twins appear in front of the warehouse]

Lutehoot: All right, guys. Two minutes from now, we strike.

Myaza: They'll be so drowsy, they'll have a hard time concentrating on the battle.

Tomahawk: Wouldn't it make more sense to just attack now?

Lutehoot: What difference does it make? Besides, we need to give our Cyber Demonitron a little extra time to charge.

Tomahawk: Bullsh*t! We don't need those ineffectual ingrates. We're far superior.

[She and Lutehoot argue indistinctly]

[Inside the warehouse, Alvin wakes up and overhears the argument; he looks out the window and notices the Demonoids outside]

Alvin: Demonoids? This early in the morning?

[The other Chipmunks and the Chipettes wake up]

Brittany: Why so early, Alvin?

Alvin: There's trouble outside.

[The other five look out the window and are shocked]

Simon: Time for a red alert.

[He pushes the red button; the alarm blares; everyone else in the warehouse (Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Mia, Anna, Zuzu, Pamela, Eris, Kio, Aoi, Manami, Antonia, Itokazu, Ichika, Tor, Julie, Tomoe, Miyabi, Lilith, and Shido's group) wakes up and puts on their robes]

Simon: [through loudspeaker] Attention, all units! We have a Code Red! Demonoids located outside the warehouse!

[Everyone gathers in the center of the warehouse]

Tomoe: It's close to 7:00am, you guys.

Alvin: Blame it on the Demonoids, Tomoe. It's time to sortie!

Tor, Layla, Tohka, and Eris: Right!

[Tor and his fellow Exceeds whip out their Blaze Phones]

Exceeds: Blaze Phones, ready! [touch the transformation app] Blaze Morph!

[They all get suited up]

[Eris, Kio, Aoi, Manami, and Antonia whip out their Cosmo Pendants]

Eris' group: Cosmo Power!

[They all get suited up]

Alvin: Dagger!

Simon: Flame!

Theodore: Brutus!

All three: Spider out!

[Out of their manacles come their Battle Spiders]

Chipmunks: Arachna Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: Gladiators, ready?!

Other nine: Ready!

All 10: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

[The 11 Spirits activate their Spirit Braces]

Spirits: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up]

Tohka: Shido, Mana, keep an eye on the others while we're outside.

Shido and Mana: Right!

Tor: All right! Let's move!

[They all charge outside and face the Demonoids; Tomahawk and Lutehoot stop arguing and notice them]

Lutehoot: Now see what you've done?!

Tomahawk: Forget that. We've got 'em all now!

Myaza: Cyber Demonitron!

[An army of Cyber Demonitron appears]

Tomahawk: Attack!

[She and her army charge at the gang, who charge right back and fight them:
The Gladiators fight the remains of the Treacherous Ten
The Spirit Soldiers and Cosmo Cats fight the twins
The Exceeds and the Chipmunks fight the Cyber Demonitron]

[During the fight with the Cyber Demonitron, the Crystal Exceeds whip out their Blazes and each strike down one of the Cyber Demonitron, and each time they do so, one of the Chipmunks slices off one of their computer chips]

Alvin: There's still more coming after us!

Tor: Time for Power Ranger Mode! [touches the Lost Galaxy button on the Ranger app of his Blaze Phone]

Other four Exceeds: [do the same] Lost Galaxy!

All five: Go galactic!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy]

Tor: Galaxy Red!

Lilith: Galaxy Green!

Tomoe: Galaxy Blue!

Miyabi: Galaxy Yellow!

Julie: Galaxy Pink!

All five: Power Rangers Lost Galaxy!

[They whip out their Quasar Sabers and charge at the Cyber Demonitron like the Galactabeasts; they slice a dozen of them with their sabers one by one while the Chipmunks smash their chips to pieces w/their own weapons]

Tor: Quasar Launchers, ready!

[The Ranger-Exceeds whip out their Quasar Launchers]

Tor: FIRE!

[Their launchers fire a massive ball of energy (made from fire, water, wind, lightning, and flowers) at another dozen Cyber Demonitron, destroying them]

Tor: That's another dozen down!

[The Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

[Back at the fight against the twins, the twins fly past the Spirit Soldiers and Cosmo Cats, striking each of them w/their swords]

Bruce: You're pathetic excuses for superheroes!

Bryce: Our super units will make you zeroes!

Both twins: Quantum Cannon!

[They each fire their Quantum Cannon at the Spirit Soldiers and Cosmo Cats]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Shields!

[They shield themselves and the Cosmo Cats with their shields and repel the blasts]

Manami: Aoi!

[She and Aoi fire their weapons at the twins, who absorb the blasts w/their Plasma Shields]

Bryce: If we keep shielding ourselves, this fight'll go on forever.

Bruce: Little by little. The Cosmo Cats are mine. Take the Spirit Soldiers.

[He charges at the Cosmo Cats, while Bryce charges at the Spirit Soldiers]

Bryce: [strikes each of the Spirit Soldiers w/his swords] I'm surprised you girls manage to hold your own without your leader in gold! Too bad you won't be as lucky now.

Mukuro: [strikes Bryce w/her Spirit Halberd] Silence, worm! You can insult me all you wish, but when you insult my husband, there will be blood!

Bryce: [charges at Mukuro] Yeah, comin' outta you!

Kurumi: Spirit Musket, Time Freeze Mode!

[She fires a copper bullet from her musket at Bryce, freezing him in his tracks]

Kurumi: [fires a barrage of bullets from her musket] Bullet Barrage!

[The bullets strike Bryce]

Kurumi: [converts her musket to blade mode] Blade Mode, ready!

[She strikes Bryce w/her musket; the freezing wears off, and Bryce hits the ground]

Bryce: You have have nice marksmanship, I'll admit, but it won't beat me so easily.

Tohka: You know, I'm starting to get tired of bad guys always saying that.

[All the while, Bruce fights the Cosmo Cats; Kio and Eris strike him with their weapons; Bruce counterstrikes with his swords; Antonia tries to grab Bruce w/her grappler, but Bruce dodges and takes to the sky]

Bruce: Quantum Cannon!

[He fires his cannon at the Cosmo Cats, hitting them]

Eris: Time to try out our new finisher!

[Aoi and Manami stand either side of her, with Antonia kneeling in between Aoi and Eris, and Kio kneeling between Eris and Manami; all five Cosmo Cats activate the jewels on their chests; they unleash laser beams that form the constellation Cassiopeia]

Cosmo Cats: Five-Star Finish! Cassiopeia!

[Cassiopeia strikes Bruce hard]

Bruce: You just got lucky.

[Back at the fight between the Gladiators and the remains of the Treacherous Ten, Zuzu fights Lutehoot with their weapons over the next two minutes; afterwards, Zuzu is nearly out of breath]

Lutehoot: You fight well, Boyle, but alas, all good things must end.

[She is about to unleash Inferno Fury, when suddenly, Mu appears and strikes her with her blades]

Zuzu: Mu?!

Mu: In the flesh.

Lutehoot: How dare you! You're supposed to be in the brig!

Mu: Did you really think Isaac Westcott could get away with it?

Lutehoot: Get away with what?

Mu: I have never been anything but his loyal mechanic, until he brought dishonor to me when he pinned the blame for my subordinates' failures onto me!

Lutehoot: You had the worst CDG soldiers.

Mu: All CDG soldiers were failures, no matter for whom they worked. But now it's time I redeemed myself, and the first thing I'm gonna do is to destroy you and your precious team! Tappers!

[The Tappers turn to Mu]

Mu: Destroy Lutehoot!

Tappers: Yes, Lady Mu!

[They charge at Lutehoot]

Lutehoot: Traitors!

[Mu turns to Zuzu]

Mu: As for you, it'd be a pleasure to destroy you myself.

Zuzu: [strikes Mu w/her blade] Think again! Haven't you forgotten what I did to the top general before I became a Gladiator?

Mu: That was before our upgrade. Remember when Westcott tapped into Shido Itsuka's mind? He used the knowledge he tapped into to empower every Demonoid in his army, myself included.

[She shows off her new blades]

Mu: These blades are proof of how powerful I've become since then. You've seen how powerful they were against a fellow Demonoid. [snickers] And since machines are superior to humans, just a single slash from my blades should kill you.

[She charges at Zuzu with her blades, but Lutehoot pushes her far back with her pike]

Mu: You cretin!

Lutehoot: No one's gonna kill the Lorikeet of Love but me!

Mu: [scoffs] Very well. Why bother killing her when one member of ACME is as good as another?

[She walks towards the Spirit Soldiers]

Lutehoot: Don't you walk away from me, you traitor!

[She chases after Mu, but Zuzu flies after her]

Zuzu: Hold it! You still wanna battle me?! [blocks Lutehoot's path] You got it!

Lutehoot: [growls] Stay outta this, Boyle!

[They fight with their weapons again; after a few minutes, Zuzu falls to her knees and tries to catch her breath]

Zuzu: [in her mind] That bitch-bot really packs a punch. She's even stronger than the last time.

Lutehoot: Now you're history!

[She savagely strikes Zuzu w/her flaming pike; Zuzu groans in pain; she hits the ground unconscious]

Lutehoot: [laughs] Bye-bye, Boyle!

[But just as she is about to land a finishing blow, she suddenly transports out with the rest of her team]

Mu: [looks around] Well, well. Who knew the Treacherous Ten were such cowards? [notices Zuzu] Well, maybe except for Lutehoot.

[The twins approach her]

Bruce: Lady Mu, will you allow us to follow the Treacherous Eight back to the sub?

Mu: No! Westcott might know I've escaped, and he'll destroy me if I go back to the sub. Besides, I can't go back until I've proven my worthiness. Come. We must regroup and think of another plan. But turn off your tracking devices, lest the others find out where we are.

[The twins do so and follow her out of sight; the gang reverts to normal and notices Zuzu out cold on the ground and injured]

Layla: Zuzu!

[She runs up to Zuzu and helps her up; Zuzu barely comes to]

Sora: Can you walk?

Zuzu: I don't know. [winces as she tries to move her right arm] Damn it.

Pamela: We better get her back inside.

[Later, at Morningside Park, Mu consults with the Tappers]

Mu: With the Lorikeet of Love out of commission, I'll prove my worthiness by eliminating the rest of ACME.

Bryce: But what about the Gladiators' Mega Mode?

Mu: After my upgrade, that won't matter. Plus, they'll be so worried over their comrade's condition that they won't concentrate, and their Mega Modes won't activate.

Bruce and Bryce: Tell us when to strike, milady.

[Mu chuckles smugly]

[132 Madison Street, 7:32am]

[In the infirmary, Zuzu's wounds are being treated by Dr. Durel; Durel scans Zuzu w/a handheld device]

Durel: She's stabilized for now. But that blow she took was pretty bad.

Zuzu: [groans] Lutehoot's gonna pay for this as soon as I'm outta this bed.

[Yuya rushes into the infirmary]

Zuzu: Yuya?

Yuya: Zuzu, are you okay? What'd those Demonoids to do you?

Zuzu: It was a rough fight. Lutehoot was just too strong for me.

Yuya: Why didn't you use your Mega Mode?

Zuzu: I didn't have enough strength. [sighs] I'm sorry, Yuya. I just--

Yuya: Don't apologize. Just rest and relax for a while.

[Mia looks through rap sheets on her iPad; she finds one on the Tapper twins]

Mia: Those CDG soldiers we fought-- They're the Tapper twins: Bruce and Bryce.

Yuya: Lemme guess-- Twins with a criminal record?

Mia: Mm-hmm. Both were convicted of a bodega robbery in East Harlem in 2008 and did four years in Greenhaven. Plus, in 2012, they got popped for a murder in the Lower West Side that they pled down to man-two and did five years in Attica.

Pamela: I assume Westcott hired them because the arresting officers worked with ACME?

Mia: Only around the time of the Lower West Side murder. Syrus Truesdale made the arrest. Good thing the twins can't go after him, since he's no longer with ACME.

Simon: Not only that, but he and Zane moved to Hoboken six months ago to start their new Cyber Art Pro League. The twins will never be able to trace him.

[In the Spirit Soldiers' room, Shido's group is gathered for breakfast; Origami making a sketch]

Shido: I understand your concern for Zuzu's well-being. But we still gotta focus on stopping Mu and the rest of the Treacherous Ten.

Kotori: Bro, you saw how powerful Mu became. Plus, from what we heard, she's gone rogue and won't go back to Westcott until she's proven herself.

Miku: [notices Origami] Hey, Origami, are you listening?

Origami: [nods] Mm-hmm.

Tohka: Why is your plate still full?

Origami: I'll eat once I'm finished with this.

[She shows her teammates her sketch]

Origami: I'd been working on this since last night. Have you ever considered the possibility of combining the Sephira Battle Jet with the Sephira Robo?

Kotori: [takes a closer look at the sketches] Hmm. This might be even better than the Sephira Robo's auxiliary modes.

Nia: Just a second, Kotori. Why are we thinking of this now when we don't even have auxiliary modes that go with Mukuro's or my Sephira Voyagers?

Kotori: Unfortunately, we'd already used up every possibility-- A gauntlet with a blaster for each arm, and shoulder cannons. That's why we had to make the Sephira Battle Jet. And thanks to Origami, we finally have a combination of all 11 Sephira Voyagers.

Mukuro: Perhaps we should call it the Sephira Jet Robo.

[Kotori thinks for a moment]

Kotori: Nah. Too common.

Shido: Personally, it makes no difference what it's called. The Gold Sephira Voyager may be in perfect condition, but it won't work without me, and my Spirit Brace still needs the right components to be repaired.

Kaguya: You know, Simon's a techno buff.

Yuzuru: Question. Could we perhaps ask him?

Natsumi: It's worth a shot.

[Simon enters]

Simon: Ask me for what?

Tohka: Simon, you heard that Shido's Spirit Brace is still damaged?

Simon: Yes.

Shido: [hands Simon his Spirit Brace] It only has enough power to be used as a communication device. Without the needed part, I can't teleport or transform.

Simon: Hmm. I'll see what I can do.

[He whips out a small tool kit from his pocket]

Simon: I always come prepared in case something like this happens.

[He walks up to a table, opens the tool kit, puts on his gloves and goggles, and extracts a tiny precision watch screwdriver; he pries the brace open and inspects the circuit board with a microscope; he notices a short-circuited servo chip]

Simon: [gasps] Here's the problem! [removes the chip carefully] This servo chip was short-circuited!

Kotori: What?! How could my crew not have noticed it?!

Simon: When they built the Spirit Braces, did they calculate the shape and weight of each servo chip?

Kotori: Yes, exactly.

Simon: Were the chips all clean?

Kotori: As a whistle. I promise you that each servo chip was precisely designed to activate a Spirit Brace!

Simon: One more thing: Were the chips you used up to date?

Kotori: [gasps] Oh, my God! That's it! When the crew made the Spirit Braces, they were one fresh servo chip short, but they found an old unused chip in a box of spare parts. We made big bro's brace with the old chip! I told them in advance that the new ones were specially designed to resist thermal expansion, but apparently, they forgot. They could've just said something, and we could've made a new one! [scoffs]

Shido: Calm down, Kotori. At least we know what's wrong.

Origami: Do you have any up-to-date chips, Simon?

Simon: I sure do. [takes one out of his pocket] ACME is always prepared for a damaged transformation device, which is why Tyler Steele gives me extra servo chips every week. Exact weight and shape.

[Kotori's Spirit Brace beeps]

Kotori: Come in.

MARIA: This is MARIA, your AI. Mu and the Tapper twins have been detected at the Battery Park City Ferry Terminal.

Kotori: We're on our way.

Simon: Who's Maria?

Kotori: We'll explain later. We gotta go.

Origami: But I haven't even started my breakfast yet.

Tohka: Then take it with you! Shido, you and Mana stay here with Simon.

[She and her fellow Spirits exit the room (Origami grabs her breakfast dish)]

Simon: Don't worry, Shido. I'll have your Spirit Brace back in good-working order again in no time.

[He gently polishes the chip to perfection, then carefully attaches it to the Spirit Brace's circuit board where the old one was with soldering tweezers]

[Back in the infirmary, Tor gets a text from Kotori on his Blaze Phone: "Mu and Tappers at Battery Park City Ferry Terminal"]

Tor: That's our cue to leave, guys.

Yuya: I'm going with you, Tor. I've got a bone to pick with those creeps.

Zuzu: Mu and the twins had nothing to do with my injury, Yuya.

Yuya: But I'm sure they'll know where Lutehoot is so I can give her a taste of a Dueltainer and pay her back for what she did to you.

Layla: Let Yuya go with you, Exceeds. We'll be on standby in case Lutehoot returns.

[The Exceeds nod; Yuya follows them out]

[Battery Park City Ferry Terminal, 7:44am]

[Yuya, the Spirit Soldiers, and the Crystal Exceeds enter; Mu, the Tappers, and an army of Cyber Demonitron await]

Mu: You kids just don't learn your lesson, do you? [notices Yuya] Oh, it's you, the Dueltainer who humiliated Delta and Epsilon in a duel not too long ago.

Yuya: You creeps tell me where Lutehoot is! She's the one who almost killed Zuzu, and I'm gonna make sure she pays!

Bruce: Leave him be, Lady Mu.

Bryce: We can handle this guy.

Mu: Very well. But remember, Roget requires you to duel with your Doom Disks.

Bruce: No problem. He wants Sakaki dead, so I suggest we take him up on that offer.

Bryce: The Exceeds and Spirit Soldiers are all yours.

Yuya: Don't worry, guys. I got this one.

Tor: [pats Yuya on the back] Make us proud, Yuya.

Tohka: I'm sure you've been through worse, kiddo. [pats Yuya on the head] I have faith.

[The Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds turn to Mu and her Cyber Demonitron army and fight them; the twins approach Yuya]

Yuya: Your Doom Disks may be dangerous, but you should know, the last Doom Disk duelist who dueled one of ACME's--

Bruce: --was a cowardly cheat.

Bryce: We're not that type.

Both Tappers: Doom Disks, activate!

[Their Doom Disks activate]

Yuya: Duel disk, activate!

[His duel disk activates; everyone puts on their duel gazers; the field transforms into that of a jungle]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

[Each duelist draws five cards]

Yuya and the Tappers: Let's duel!

[LP:
Yuya: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Tapper Twins: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

Yuya and the Tappers: Go, dice roll!

[Each party rolls a die; Yuya's comes up 5; the Tappers' comes up 4]

Yuya: I'll let you guys go first.

Bruce: Since I'm older, I'll take the first turn. [places a card] I'll start with Beat, Bladesman Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,200]

Bruce: [places a card] And I'll activate its effect, allowing me to special-summon a monster Fur Hire from my hand: Helmer, Helmsman Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 3
DEF: 2,000]

Bruce: [takes a card from his deck] And Beat has another effect. Once per turn, if a monster Fur Hire is special-summoned, I can add a monster Fur Hire from my hand to my deck: [reveals said card] Dyna, Hero Fur Hire. He'll come in handy later. Now, I activate Helmer's effect. Same as Beat's first effect. [places a card] Let's go, Recon, Scout Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: 1,000]

Bruce: [discards a card and draws another] And with that, I activate Helmer's second effect, letting me discard Wiz, Sage Fur Hire to draw another card. [places another card] Now, I activate Recon's first effect-- Same as Helmer and Beat's. I special-summon Bravo, Fighter Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,900]

Bruce: Normally, if a monster Fur Hire is special-summoned while Recon is on the field, I'd destroy a set card on the field. But there aren't any now. Not that I'll need the effect. Instead, I'll activate Bravo's effect. [places another card] You know the drill. Here comes Dyna, Hero Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears and roars]

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,500]

Bruce: I'll forgo Bravo's second effect. Now, it's time for a Link-summon! Recon, Beat, Helmer, link up!

[Said three monsters link up and glow]

Bruce: I Link-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Folgo, Justice Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears in the Extra Monster Zone to Bruce's right and howls]

[LINK: 3
ATK: 2,400]

Bruce: And with the successful Link-summoning of this monster comes the special-summoning of a monster Fur Hire from my deck: [places a card from his deck] Wiz, Sage Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 7
DEF: 2,800]

Bruce: [sets three cards] I set three cards and end my turn.

Yuya: Finally. [draws] I draw! [places two cards in his Pendulum Zones] I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale-4 Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver and Scale-8 Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon! Swing far, Pendulum! Carve the arc of victory!

[Said two monsters appear in his Pendulum Zones (Scale: 4-8)]

Yuya: These Pendulum monsters allow me to Pendulum-summon monsters between levels 5 and 7 all at once! [places three cards] My monsters are ready to swing into action!

[Three monsters appear:]

Yuya: Take the stage, Performapal Sleight Hand Magician!

Yuya: Rise from the deep, Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon!

Yuya: Turn up the heat, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

Yuya: I'd use Sleight Hand Magician's effect, but not this turn. [places a card] Instead, I'll normal-summon Performapal Sword Fish!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 600]

Yuya: Go, Sword Fish! Harpoon those beasts!

[Sword Fish fires harpoons at the monsters Fur Hire]

Yuya: Each of your monsters will lose 600 attack and defense points, thereby making them all easy targets for my dragons!

Bruce: Not so fast! [reveals set card] I activate Pulling the Rug! This card negates the effect of a monster that would activate when a monster, even itself, was summoned. And if successful, the monster is destroyed!

[The harpoons and Sword Fish are destroyed]

Yuya: Sword Fish may be gone, but I still have a backup plan. I activate the Pendulum effect of my Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver! Once per turn, I can perform a Fusion-summon by using monsters I control or in my hand as materials. I fuse Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon with Performapal Sleight Hand Magician!

[Said two monsters fuse together]

Yuya: With the earth-shattering power of this monster, victory's in my sights! I Fusion Summon Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon appears in the unoccupied Extra Monster Zone and roars]

[LV: 8
ATK: 3,000]

Yuya: This monster was my very first Fusion-summon. And you should know, since I Fusion-summoned him using a Pendulum-summoned monster on the field as a Fusion material, he's unaffected by your card effects this turn. And there's more-- Because the level of the Fusion material other than Odd-Eyes was five or higher, Rune-Eyes can attack up to three of your monsters!

Bryce: [in his mind] Uh-oh! After Rune-Eyes wipes out Bruce's monsters and bring us down to 3,100, a direct attack from Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon will not only deal him another 2,500 in battle damage, but his effect will also deal him an extra 1,200 for each Odd-Eyes card in Sakaki's Pendulum Zones. This duel could end before I even get a chance!

[Total battle damage: 3,400 + Effect damage: 2,400 = 5,800]

Yuya: Rune-Eyes, get ready to strike! Spiral Sky Shot! Start with Dyna, Hero Fur Hire!

[Rune-Eyes fires his attack at Dyna]

Bruce: I activate the Trap: Miracle Locus! This card gives Dyna an extra 1,000 attack points this turn. Rune-Eyes never stood a chance. Dyna, counterattack that dragon!

[Dyna strikes Rune-Eyes with a single punch, destroying him]

Bruce: Luckily for you, Miracle Locus reduces the battle damage you'd have taken 0, and you get to draw another card.

[Yuya draws another card]

Yuya: Damn. [sets a card] I set the card I just drew and end my turn.

Bryce: My turn now, brah. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I summon Aleister the Invoker!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,000]

Bryce: [takes a card from his deck] By normal-summoning it, I add Invocation from my deck to my hand. Next, I activate one of my brother's set cards: Mayhem Fur Hire! This card lets me special-summon a monster Fur Hire from our team's graveyard in defense mode. Come back to the field, Bravo, Fighter Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

Bryce: But it won't be around for long. Aleister the Invoker, Bravo, Fighter Fur Hire, link up!

[Said two monsters link up and glow]

Bryce: Link-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Aleister the Invoker of Madness!

[Said monster appears in column 1 of the Tappers' Main Monster Zone]

[LINK: 2
ATK: 1,800]

Bryce: Next, I switch Wiz, Sage Fur Hire into attack mode.

[Wiz switches into attack mode]

[ATK: 1.600]

Bryce: By the way, column 3 of my Main Monster Zone is still free, and one of Folgo, Justice Fur Hire's Link Arrows is pointing to it. That means I can summon a monster from my Extra Deck in that spot, too. [places another card] I'll start by activating Invocation! I banish Aleister the Invoker and Bravo, Fighter Fur Hire from my team's graveyard. You see, Invocation lets me use monsters from either of our graveyards as Fusion materials if the monster I'm about to Fusion-summon is an Invoked monster.

[The two banished materials appear and fuse together]

Bryce: I Fusion-summon Invoked Purgatrio!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 2,300 (boosted to 3,100)]

Bryce: This monster gains 200 attack points for each card you control. By the way, by Fusion-summoning while my Invoker of Madness was on the field, its effect activates, allowing me to add either Invocation or The Book of the Law from my deck to my hand by discarding a card. [discards a card; takes a card from his deck] I discard Fusion Substitute and add The Book of the Law to my hand. Next, I activate Invocation's graveyard effect. [shuffles Invocation back into his deck; adds a banished card to his hand] I target the banished Aleister the Invoker, shuffle Invocation back into my deck, and add Aleister back to my hand.

Yuya: I should tell you that since the arrival of Link monsters, Fusion-summoning is very limited.

Tappers: Think we don't know that?!

Bryce: Anyway, Purgatrio has more than enough points to take down your last remaining monster. Then the rest of our monsters will be free to wipe you out! Purgatrio, attack Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon now!

[Purgatrio charges at Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon and strikes, destroying him]

[LP:
Yuya: 3,400 (Hand: 0)
Tapper Twins: 4,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 6)]

Yuya: I activate the Pendulum effect of Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon! If an Odd-Eyes Pendulum monster I control is destroyed by battle or card effect, I can destroy one card in one of my Pendulum Zones and put a face-up Pendulum monster in my Extra Deck in its place. I'll destroy Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver and replace it with Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon!

[Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver vanishes, and in its place appears Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon]

Folgo: It won't matter. Dyna, Hero Fur Hire, attack Sakaki directly!

Yuya: [reveals set card] I activate Performapal Pinch Helper! It negates your direct attack and lets me special-summon a Performapal from my deck with its effects negated. [places a card from his deck] The curtain opens for Performapal Laugh Maker!

[Said monster appears, negating Dyna's attack]

Bruce: You moron! Why didn't you use Wiz's effect to negate that Trap's effect?!

Bryce: It required I discarded a monster Fur Hire, and I don't have any in my hand.

Bruce: [scoffs] Typical Bryce.

Bryce: Well, that doesn't matter, 'cause Invoked Purgatrio can attack all your monsters once each. Purgatrio, attack Laugh Maker!

[Purgatrio fires its attack at Laugh Maker]

Yuya: Now for Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon's Pendulum effect! If one of my monsters battles one of your monsters while I have another Odd-Eyes Pendulum card in my Pendulum Zone, the monster I control involved in that battle gains 1,200 attack points during this battle phase!

[PERFORMAPAL LAUGH MAKER:
ATK: 3,700]

Bryce: Uh-oh. [places another card] I activate The Book of the Law! This card lets me tribute an Invoked monster to special-summon another Invoked Fusion monster from my Extra Deck in its place. Goodbye, Purgatrio!

[Purgatrio vanishes]

Bryce: And hello, Invoked Magellanica, defense mode!

[Said monster appears]

DEF: 3,300]

Bryce: [sets three cards] You got lucky this turn, but next turn, Bruce will murder you.

Yuya: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I activate Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. [places another card in his Field Spell Zone] Next comes the Field Spell: Sky Iris! Once per turn, I can destroy any card on the field to add an Odd-Eyes card from my deck to my hand. I'll start by targeting Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon!

[Said target is destroyed]

Yuya: [takes a card from his deck] In exchange, I add Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon to my hand. [places said card in the vacant Pendulum Zone] And I'll put him in the empty Pendulum Zone.

[Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon appears in the unoccupied Pendulum Zone]

Yuya: And now that I have three Pendulum monsters face-up in my Extra Deck,--

Bryce: You'll only be able to Pendulum-summon one of them, Sakaki. There's only one unoccupied Extra Monster Zone.

Yuya: Actually, I'd be able to summon two of 'em, 'cause Folgo, Justice Fur Hire's top Link Arrow is pointing at column 4 of my Main Monster Zone. That means I'm allowed to summon a monster from my Extra Deck to that spot, as well. But I don't plan on doing that. [places another card] Instead, I activate Pot of Riches! I shuffle Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver, Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon back into my deck. [shuffles said three cards back into his deck, then draws two cards] Then I get to draw two more cards. The downside to this: I can't special-summon this turn, unless it's a Pendulum-summon. [places a card] And speaking of which, I Pendulum-summon Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon!

ATK: 2,800]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, I boost your power with Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon's effect so you can attack Invoked Magellanica!

[ODD-EYES SABER DRAGON:
ATK: 4,000]

[Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon fires a blast at Magellanica, destroying it]

Bryce: [reveals set card] I activate the Trap: Michizure! Now your Performapal Laugh Maker won't get the chance to go after my brother's monsters Fur Hire!

[Laugh Maker is dragged to the graveyard]

Yuya: I end my turn.

Bruce: [draws] My turn! You know, you could've attacked our weaker monsters that were in attack mode, and you could've damaged us.

Yuya: And leave my monsters vulnerable to your brother's Invoked monster's attacks? As if. Gotta take out the strong ones first.

Bruce: [banishes a card from his graveyard] Oh, well. I banish my brother's Fusion Substitute. [shuffles a card from his graveyard into his twin's Extra Deck, then draws a card from his Main Deck] With that, I shuffle Invoked Magellanica back into my brother's Extra Deck, then draw another card. [places the card he just drew] Next, I play Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] Two more cards for me. [places another card] Next, I summon Donpa, Marksman Fur Hire!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 500]

Bruce: Now, I activate its effect to special-summon a monster Fur Hire from my hand: [places a card from his hand] Rafale, Champion Fur Hire!

Bruce: I'd use its effect to excavate the top three cards of my deck and add one of them to my hand, but I'm already on the verge of victory, so why bother?

[Bryce facepalms]

Bruce: But I will activate Donpa's second effect. If a monster Fur Hire is special-summoned to my field while I control Donpa, I can target and destroy any face-up card on the field. Bye-bye, Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon!

[Donpa strikes down Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, destroying him]

Yuya: [places a card from his deck] You've done it now, Bruce. By destroying Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon, you activated the Pendulum effect of Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon, letting me special-summon an Odd-Eyes monster from my hand, deck, or graveyard! Behold, the spectacular Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon!

Bruce: Well, good thing I've got a little backup. [places another card] Wild Nature's Release! This card gives one of my Beast-Warriors attack points equal to their defense points. Case in point: Dyna, Hero Fur Hire.

[DYNA, HERO FUR HIRE:
ATK: 3,900]

Yuya: Haven't you forgotten about Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon's Pendulum effect?

Bruce: I haven't, and I'll make sure it doesn't work this time! [reveals set card] I activate Cosmic Cyclone! By paying 1,000 life points, I banish Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon from the field!

[LP:
Yuya: 3,400 (Hand: 1)
Tapper Twins: 3,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 3)]

[Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon is banished]

Bruce: Dyna, attack and eliminate Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon!

[Dyna charges at Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon]

Yuya: My Odd-Eyes is too strong to go down that easily! I activate his effect, destroying Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon instead!

[Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon is destroyed; Dyna strikes Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon, but the latter is not destroyed; Yuya gets knocked back with damage]

[LP:
Yuya: 2,500 (Hand: 1)
Tapper Twins: 3,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 2)]

Bruce: [growls] You'll pay for that! I end my turn!

[Dyna is destroyed]

Bruce: I forgot, the monster affected by Wild Nature's Release is destroyed during the end phase. There goes my Link monster's last defense.

Yuya: [draws] My turn! [places another card] I'll start this turn with Pendulum Paradox! This card lets me add two different face-up Pendulum monsters with the same Pendulum scale from my Extra Deck to my hand. [takes two cards from his Extra Deck] Performapal Laugh Maker and Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon. [places another card] Next, I'll activate the Spell: Magic Planter. I send Performapal Pinch Helper to my graveyard to draw two more cards.

[Performapal Pinch Helper is sent to the graveyard; Yuya draws two cards]

Yuya: [places another card] Next, I play Trade-In. [discards a card] I discard my level-8 Performapal Laugh Maker to draw two new cards. [draws two cards] But the drawing doesn't stop there, boys. [places another card] I activate Graceful Charity! [draws three cards; discards two] I draw three cards, then discard Nobledragon Magician and Fusion Substitute. [banishes a card from his graveyard] Next, I banish Fusion Substitute. [shuffles a card from his graveyard into his Extra Deck, then draws a card from his Main Deck] I return Rune-Eyes to my Extra Deck to draw a card. [places another card] Next, I activate Pendulum Call! [discards a card; adds two cards from his deck to his hand] I discard Tuning Magician to add Xiangke Magician and Dragoncaller Magician from my deck to my hand. [two cards in his Pendulum Zones] And I'll waste no time using Scale-3 Xiangke Magician and Scale-8 Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon to set the Pendulum Scale!

[Said two monsters appear in Yuya's Pendulum Zones (Scale: 3-8)]

Yuya: [places three cards] Go, Pendulum-summon! Dragoncaller Magician, it's time to swing into action!

[Dragoncaller Magician appears]

ATK: 2,400]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, it's time for an encore!

[Another copy of Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon appears and roars]

Yuya: You, too, Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon!

[Another copy of Odd-Eyes Saber Dragon appears and roars]

Yuya: Now, I overlay my level-7 Odd-Eyes monsters to build the Overlay Network!

[Said two dragons convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Yuya: I Xyz-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network and roars]

[RANK: 7

Yuya: And that's not all. I activate Dragoncaller Magician's effect, turning him into a Dragon monster this turn!

[Dragoncaller Magician transforms into a dragon]

Yuya: Now, I activate Xiangke Magician's effect, allowing me to use Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon as a material for a Xyz-summon, treating its rank as a level. Okay, my dragons! It's time to rebuild the Overlay Network!

[Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon and Dragoncaller Magician convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network reappears]

Yuya: By joining together two of the strongest dragons in the universe, I create a dragon that's all the rage! [places another card from his Extra Deck] I Xyz-summon Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network and roars ferociously]

Yuya: This duel is all over, Tappers! Since I used an Xyz monster for the Xyz-summon, Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon can attack twice during each battle phase. Furthermore, by using one Overlay Unit, I can destroy every card you control and give my dragon 200 attack points for each!

[Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon absorbs an Overlay Unit, then fires a massive blast at all of the Tappers' cards, destroying them]

[ODD-EYES RAGING DRAGON:
ATK: 4,600]

Bryce: One of my set cards you destroyed was Mirror Force Launcher. [sets a card from his deck and another from his graveyard] Because you did that while it was set, I get to set it from my graveyard, along with Mirror Force from my hand, deck, or graveyard. [takes a card from his deck] And because you destroyed Aleister the Invoker of Madness, I get to add Omega Summon from my deck to my hand.

Yuya: [smirks] Sorry to disappoint you, but when Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon attacks, you can't activate Spells or Traps 'til the end of the damage step. And if Odd-Eyes cards would be destroyed, I'll destroy one Odd-Eyes card I control or in my hand instead.

Bruce: Oh, but there's more. You see, the other set card you destroyed was Waking the Dragon. And by doing that, you've allowed me to special-summon a monster from either my Main Deck or my Extra Deck. [places a card from his Extra Deck] Behold, Dragocytos Corrupted Nethersoul Dragon!

[LV: 10
DEF: 2,000]

Yuya: That monster doesn't scare me. Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon, attack it now!

[Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon strikes Nethersoul Dragon, but doesn't destroy it]

Bruce: Sorry, but Dragocytos Corrupted Nethersoul Dragon can't be destroyed in battle.

Yuya: [sighs; sets a card] I end my turn.

[ODD-EYES RAGING DRAGON:

Bryce: [draws] My turn! During my standby phase, I'll activate my dragon's effect, cutting the attack points of one of your monsters in half. I choose Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon!

[ODD-EYES RAGING DRAGON:
ATK: 1,500]

Bryce: In addition, you take damage equal to the attack points your monster lost: 1,500!

[Yuya gets knocked back with damage]

[LP:
Yuya: 1,000 (Hand: 0)
Tapper Twins: 3,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 3)]

Bryce: Now, I switch my brother's dragon into attack mode.

[Dragocytos Corrupted Nethersoul Dragon is switched into attack mode]

[ATK: 4,000]

Bryce: Your dragon is ancient history, as is you. Once our dragon destroys yours, we win, and you're dead!

[Yuya grits his teeth]

Bryce: I don't need the cards I hold in my hand, nor the cards I set, to beat you. Nethersoul Dragon, attack and destroy Odd-Eyes and wipe Sakaki out!

[Nethersoul Dragon fires its attack at Odd-Eyes]

Yuya: [smirks] I forgot to mention that when Dragoncaller Magician is used as a material for a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz-summon, the monster summoned using it-- Its attack points become double its original during the damage step if it battles a Dragon monster. That move's gonna cost you 2,000 life points!

Bryce: [places another card] Not if I activate Forbidden Chalice first! This card gives your dragon 400 more attack points this turn, but its effects are negated!

[ODD-EYES RAGING DRAGON:
ATK: 1,900]

Bryce: So long.

Yuya: I may lose my dragon, but I won't go down without a fight! [reveals set card] I activate Last Minute Cancel, switching both my dragons into defense mode!

[Both Odd-Eyes Dragons are switched into defense mode]

[ODD-EYES LANCER DRAGON:
DEF: 2,500]

[ODD-EYES RAGING DRAGON:
DEF: 2,500]

Bryce: You may survive this turn, but the same can't be said for your dragon!

[Nethersoul Dragon's attack destroys Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon]

Bryce: When next turn comes, my dragon will cut your Lancer Dragon's attack points in half and take you out. All Last Minute Cancel did was delay your inevitable doom. Even if you Pendulum-summon Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon again, without an Xyz monster for an Overlay Unit, he can't use his deadly effect. [places a card] I play Pot of Greed and draw two cards. [draws two cards, then sets his last three] This is the end, Sakaki. Of my turn, and soon, of you.

Yuya: You two may know how to put on a show, but I'm a Dueltainer. And don't forget, Lutehoot almost killed Zuzu, and I won't die without getting her the justice she needs!

Bruce: Try all you want, but we're not telling.

Yuya: [draws] Then you leave me no choice!

Bryce: [reveals two set cards] I activate Aegis of Gaia, and I chain All-Out Attacks. From here on out, all special-summoned monsters are switched into attack mode and must attack.

[Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon is switched into attack mode]

Bryce: And my team gains 3,000 life points with Aegis of Gaia's effect.

[LP:
Yuya: 1,000 (Hand: 1)
Tapper Twins: 6,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 0)]

Yuya: [places a card] I activate Cup of Ace. [flips a coin] Heads, I draw two cards, tails, you.

[The coin comes up heads]

Yuya: Yes! [draws two cards] A lot of my fellow duelists have this card handy, just in case. [places another card] Now, I activate Harmonic Waves! This card targets one monster and reduces its level to 4 until the end phase. I'll target your dragon!

[DRAGOCYTOS CORRUPTED NETHERSOUL DRAGON:
LV: 4]

Bryce: What's the point? That's not gonna destroy it.

Yuya: [places a card from his hand and another from his Extra Deck] No, but my star attractions will! Go, Pendulum-summon!

[Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon reappear and roar]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is back, and because Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon's rank was well within my Pendulum Scale, I was able to Pendulum-summon him back to my Extra Monster Zone as if he were a level-7 monster. Now, I activate Xiangke Magician's effect again, using Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon as material for a Pendulum-summon!

[Xiangke Magician casts a spell upon Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon]

Yuya: I overlay Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon to build the Overlay Network!

[Both Odd-Eyes dragons convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Yuya: Two savage dragons meld their awesome powers to give rise to a monster that will send my enemies fleeing with dread! I Xyz Summon! Prepare to feel the wrath of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon appears and roars ferociously]

Bruce: No, no, no, no, no! Not that monster!

Bryce: Anyone but him! Anyone but him!

Yuya: Too late, boys! Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, unleash your fury! Destroy Nethersoul Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon fires a bolt of lightning at Nethersoul Dragon, destroying it; the twins get knocked back with damage]

[LP:
Yuya: 1,000 (Hand: 1)
Tapper Twins: 5,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 0)]

Yuya: Once this monster is Xyz-summoned using an Xyz monster as a material, I can destroy all your level-7 or lower monsters and deal you 1,000 points of damage for each one. And since Harmonic Waves reduced your dragon's level from 10 to 4, it was no match for Odd-Eyes' effect. And don't count on Mirror Force or Mirror Force Launcher saving you, 'cause I can use Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon's effect to destroy another Odd-Eyes card instead.

Bryce: Well, I can still put them to good use with this: [reveals set card] Emergency Provisions! I send my two set cards and All-Out Attacks to the graveyard and gain 1,000 life points for each one.

[Said three cards vanish]

[LP:
Tapper Twins: 9,000 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 0)]

Bruce: Even after both your monsters damage us, we'll still make a comeback on my next turn.

Yuya: [frowns] It really breaks my heart to have to tell you this, but there's more to Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon's effects. If he's successful in destroying your monsters, he can make three attacks during each battle phase this turn.

Both Tappers: WHAT?!!

Yuya: You two dueled well, but this is where it ends. Forgive me. Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, attack the Tappers directly three times and end this duel. Sweeping Static Strike!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon fires his attack at the twins three times, hitting them both; the twins scream]

[LP:
Tapper Twins: 0 (Bruce's hand: 0; Bryce's hand: 0)]

[Yuya runs up to them]

Bruce: All right, kid. We'll tell you.

Bryce: Lutehoot... is hiding... in Abingdon Square Park.

Bruce: But be warned, Yuya Sakaki, our deaths won't stop Roget from getting his revenge on you.

Bryce: Don't forget that.

[Both twins collapse; their Doom Disks shatter to pieces]

Yuya: Abingdon Square Park.

[He sends a text to Layla: "Lutehoot is at Abingdon Square Park. Hurry!"; he then notices the fight between Mu's army and the Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds; the Spirit Soldiers fire their pistols at multiple Cyber Demonitron, hitting them; the Exceeds strike a dozen more w/their Blazes]

Nia: They just keep popping up the more we try and destroy them!

Origami: We can't give up now!

Tor: We'll handle these creeps in Ranger Mode.

Kotori: Thanks, Tor! Meanwhile, we'll take care of Mu!

[The Spirit Soldiers charge at Mu while the Exceeds face the Cyber Demonitron]

Tor: Got it, Kotori! Exceeds, prepare for Operation Overdrive Mode!

[All five Exceeds touch the Operation Overdrive button on the Ranger app of their phones]

Exceeds: Overdrive, accelerate!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Operation Overdrive]

Tor: Kick into overdrive! Red Ranger!

Lilith: Kick into overdrive! Black Ranger!

Tomoe: Kick into overdrive! Blue Ranger!

Miyabi: Kick into overdrive! Yellow Ranger!

Julie: Kick into overdrive! Pink Ranger!

All five: Call to adventure! Power Rangers Operation Overdrive!

Yuya: Whoa! I didn't know the Crystal Exceeds could do that!

[The Cyber Demonitron strike the Ranger-Exceeds w/their weapons, who whip out their Drive Defenders (blaster mode)]

Tor: Drive Defenders, ready!

All five: [fire blasts from their Drive Defenders at the Cyber Demonitron] FIRE!

[The Cyber Demonitron get struck by the blast; seven are destroyed along with their chips]

Tor: [whips out his Drive Lance] Drive Lance, Redline Time!

[He strikes a few dozen Cyber Demonitron w/his lance]

Tor: You girls ready for Dino Thunder?!

Tomoe: You bet!

[The Ranger-Exceeds touch the Dino Thunder button]

Exceeds: Power Ranger Mode: Dino Thunder! Dino Thunder, power up!

[Tor, Tomoe, Miyabi, and Lilith morph into the Power Rangers Dino Thunder; Julie remains in Operation Overdrive mode]

Tor: Tyranno power! Red Ranger!

Tomoe: Tricera power! Blue Ranger!

Miyabi: Ptera power! Yellow Ranger!

Lilith: Brachio power! Black Ranger!

All four: Roar of thunder! Power Rangers Dino Thunder!

Yuya: Wait a sec. Why didn't Julie become the White Ranger?

Julie: That's what I was wondering.

Tor: [facepalms] Damn it! I forgot, the White Ranger of Dino Thunder is a Sixth Ranger, and we don't have that power yet!

Tomoe: Try something else, Julie.

Julie: Okay. [touches the Dino Charge button on her phone] Unleash the power!

[She morphs into the Pink Dino Charge Ranger]

Julie: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

[She whips out her Dino Charge Morpher]

Julie: [inserts a Dino Charger] Tricera Charger, ready! [spins the cylinder] Energize!

[She points it at the Cyber Demonitron]

Julie: Dino Morpher Blast!

[She fires a blast at the Cyber Demonitron, hitting them]

Julie: Take it home, Tor!

[The other four Ranger-Exceeds strike the Cyber Demonitron w/their weapons]

Tor: Tyranno Staff!

Tomoe: Tricera Shield!

Miyabi: Ptera Grips!

Lilith: Brachio Staff!

[They then combine their weapons]

Exceeds: Z-Rex Blaster!

Tor: Ready!

Tomoe: Aim!

All four: FIRE!

[The Z-Rex Blaster fires at the Cyber Demonitron, hitting them; half of them are destroyed with their chips]

Tor: Let's finish 'em off with Dino Charge!

Tor, Tomoe, Miyabi, and Lilith: [touch the Dino Charge button] Unleash the power!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Dino Charge and join Julie]

Tor: Power Rangers, charge! Tyrannosaurus Rex! Power Ranger Red!

Miyabi: Parasaur! Power Ranger Black!

Tomoe: Stegosaurus! Power Ranger Blue!

Lilith: Velociraptor! Power Ranger Green!

Julie: Triceratops! Power Ranger Pink!

All five: Dinosaur might, ready to fight!

Tor: Power Rangers...!

All five: Dino Charge!

Tor: Dino Steel!

All five: Armor on!

[They get equipped with Dino Steel and their Dino Charge weapons]

Tor: T-Rex Smasher!

Miyabi: Para Chopper!

Tomoe: Stego Shield!

Lilith: Raptor Claw!

Julie: Tricera Drill!

Tor: It's about to get wild!

[They charge at the Cyber Demonitron and strike them with their weapons one by one:]

Tor: T-Rex Smash!

Miyabi: Para Chopper Blast!

Tomoe: Stego Shield Punch!

Lilith: Raptor Slash!

Julie: Tricera Drill Strike!

[Tor and Miyabi combine their weapons]

Tor and Miyabi: T-Rex Chopper! [fire a blast from the T-Rex Chopper at the Cyber Demonitron] Double Blast!

[Seven Cyber Demonitron take the blast]

Tomoe, Lilith, and Julie: [combine their weapons] Triple Spike! [strike down seven more Cyber Demonitron] Dino Pierce!

Tor: [tosses the Dino Spike Charger] Dino Spike Charger, ready! Weapons, combine!

[The T-Rex Chopper and Triple Spike combine to form the Dino Spike]

Tomoe, Miyabi, Lilith, and Julie: Red Ranger, launch!

[They launch Tor into the air; Tor grabs the Dino Spike]

Tor: Dino Spike, final strike!

[He tosses the Dino Spike at the remaining Cyber Demonitron, destroying them all, along with their chips]

Tor: Cyber Demonitron extinct!

[The Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Miyabi: Now for Mu.

[They join the Spirit Soldiers in the fight against Mu]

Mu: We meet again. But don't think it'll end on your terms this time!

[She fires torpedoes from her shoulder pads at the Exceeds and Spirit Soldiers, who narrowly dodge, but hit the ground]

Mu: [fires arrows at the gang] Demonoid Arrows!

Tohka: Not this time! Girls, Sephira Shields up!

[The Spirit Soldiers raise their Sephira Shields and reflect the arrows right back at Mu]

Mu: [fires torpedoes at the arrows] Oh, no, you don't!

[The torpedoes blast the arrows to smithereens]

Tohka: One Sephira Shield can block attacks, but when multiple shields unite, any enemy attack can be reflected right back at them.

Mu: Very resourceful, Spirit Soldiers. But that won't do you any good.

Tor: Then how 'bout this?!

[Each Exceed touches the SPD button on the Ranger app of their phones]

Exceeds: SPD Emergency!

[They morph into the Power Rangers SPD]

Tor: 1! SPD Red Ranger!

Tomoe: 2! SPD Blue Ranger!

Lilith: 3! SPD Green Ranger!

Miyabi: 4! SPD Yellow Ranger!

Julie: 5! SPD Pink Ranger!

All five: Defenders of Earth! Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta!

Tor: Ladies, lock your Deltamax Strikers onto her!

[He and the other four point their Deltamax Strikers (laser mode) at Mu]

All five: FIRE!

[They fire at Mu, who shields herself w/her blades]

Tohka: That should distract her. Ladies, position now!

[They form a pyramid of 11 (w/Tohka directly on top of Origami)]

Tohka: Hendeca Formation!

All 11 Spirit Soldiers: [fire blasts from their pistols at Mu] FIRE!

[The blast hits the distracted Mu hard, electrifying her]

Mu: This isn't over yet, Spirit Soldiers.

Tor: It will be soon! [points a Delta Morpher at Mu] Mu, you're charged with crimes against humanity, the attempted murders of ACME Crime Net detectives, and conspiracy with the Demonoids. Judgment!

Delta Morpher: Judgment time!

[It scans Mu for a few seconds, until the red X flashes]

Exceeds: Guilty!

Tor: Your sentence is termination!

Mu: Damn it, man, I'm a robot, not a criminal!

Tor: Unfortunately, the scanner of a Delta Morpher is never wrong.

[Tor tosses a metal bone up in the air; a portal opens, and through it comes the Robotic Interactive Canine, AKA R.I.C.; he catches the bone in his teeth and takes the form of the Canine Cannon]

Exceeds: Canine Cannon! FIRE!

[The cannon fires a blast at Mu, blasting her to smithereens; the Ranger-Exceeds revert back to the Crystal Exceeds]

Tor: Thanks for the help, R.I.C. Now, back to your time.

[R.I.C. barks in agreement and dives back into the portal, which closes]

Tohka: I don't think Mu's done yet, guys.

[The smoke clears, revealing that two of Mu's chips are still intact; they activate, quickly reassembling the other chips, which then reassemble Mu, who laughs maniacally]

Tohka: See what I mean?

Mu: You can try all you want, but no matter what, you'll never destroy all of my Demonoid computer chips at once.

Kotori: Try another Ranger mode.

Tor: We can't use the Ranger app too many times in one battle.

Mukuro: Just one more is all we need.

Miyabi: Tor, I hate to disagree with you, but we gotta take that risk. Besides, how else are we gonna keep her busy?

Tor: All right. Miyabi, you pick the next team.

Miyabi: Wild Force!

Tor: All right, then.

[The Exceeds touch the Wild Force button on the Ranger app of their phones]

Exceeds: Power Ranger Mode: Wild Force! Wild Access!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Wild Force]

Tor: Blazing Lion!

Miyabi: Soaring Eagle!

Tomoe: Surging Shark!

Lilith: Iron Bison!

Julie: Noble Tiger!

Tor: Guardians of the Earth, united we roar! Power Rangers...!

All five: Wild Force!

Origami: Wild Force has always been one of my favorites. Mind if I join in?

Julie: Not at all, Origami.

Kurumi: In that case, count me in, too. [to Lilith] One markswoman to another.

Lilith: Sure.

Yoshino: Us blues gotta stick together, huh, Tomoe?

Tomoe: Mm-hmm!

Mukuro: Who better to assist a fellow yellow?

Miyabi: Thanks, Mukuro.

Tor: Well, Kotori?

Kotori: You bet!

Tohka: Let us know if we can back you up.

Kotori: Roger that!

[The Ranger-Exceeds' weapons appear in their hands]

Tor: Red Lion Fang!

Miyabi: Golden Eagle Sword!

Tomoe: Blue Shark Fighting Fins!

Lilith: Black Bison Axe!

Julie: White Tiger Baton!

[Beside them, the five Spirit Soldiers' weapons appear]

Kotori: Spirit Lance!

Mukuro: Spirit Halberd!

Yoshino: Spirit Axe!

Kurumi: Spirit Musket!

Origami: Spirit Launcher!

[All 10 charge at Mu and fight her with their weapons over the next two minutes]

Last edited by TVLubber (1/18/2019 7:08 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/03/2018 9:11 am  #2

Re: Side-Fic 287: Zuzu vs. Lutehoot/Mu Goes Rogue

[132 Madison Street, 7:51am]

[Shido watches the fight on his iPad]

Shido: I don't know how long the others are gonna hold her off, Simon.

Simon: [makes a few final adjustments to Shido's Spirit Brace] Just one last charge should give it more than enough juice for you to transform again. [opens a Pokéball] Electivire, it's all up to you.

[Out of the ball come his Electivire]

Electivire: Electivire!

Simon: Use Thunder to charge this Spirit Brace, but be careful.

Electivire: [nods] Electivire.

Simon: Shido, Mana, better step back.

[He, Shido, and Mana step back]

Electivire: [gathers electricity] Electiiiiiiiiiiii-- [charges the Spirit Brace w/Thunder] --VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!

[The Spirit Brace gains even more power]

Simon: [holds a handheld power meter] 10,000. 20,000. 30. 40. 50. 60. C'mon, Electivire! The others don't have much time!

[The meter starts to exceed 75,000 volts]

Simon: That's enough! That's enough! That's enough!

[Electivire stops and pants heavily]

Simon: Just over 75,000 volts is enough for this baby. Thanks, Electivire. [recalls Electivire] You can rest now.

[He inspects Shido's Spirit Brace; it beeps]

Tohka: Shido, this is Tohka. Do you copy?

[Simon hands Shido his brace]

Shido: Perfect timing. Simon just got my Spirit Brace fixed and all charged up.

Tohka: Please hurry! I don't know how much longer we can hold Mu off!

Shido: Here's hoping for the best. Mana, I want you to stay here with the others until we need you. Remember, your CR-unit's powers are still limited.

Mana: I know, Big Brother. By the way, while Simon was charging your Spirit Brace, I sent a copy of Origami's sketch to the Fraxinus. I just hope they're done making the right adjustments.

MARIA: [from Shido's brace] We are.

Mana: Oh, speak of the devil.

MARIA: Shido, when the time is right, combine the Sephira Robo with the Sephira Battle Jet to form the Sephira Ultra Robo. Unlike the regular Sephira Robo's jet pack, which only flies at 5,000 miles per hour, the Sephira Ultra Robo can fly at up to mach-20 speed. To add to that, its very own Sephira Spear has a unique degaussing program that will disable a Demonoid general's computer chips all at once.

Shido: Degaussing?

Simon: The process of eliminating an unwanted magnetic field stored on tape and any disk media.

Mana: Like wiping a hard drive's data completely.

Simon: Exactly.

Shido: Thanks, MARIA. I'll remember that. Shido out. [to Simon] Thanks to you, too, buddy. I won't forget it.

[He teleports out]

Simon: Well, teleportation works fine now.

Mana: I just hope he can transform, too.

[Meanwhile, in the infirmary, Layla gets the text from Yuya]

Layla: Lutehoot's back. She's in Abingdon Square Park.

Pamela: Dr. Durel, look after Zuzu. We'll handle her.

Durel: Right.

[The nine Gladiators exit, leaving the still-injured Zuzu in bed]

Zuzu: This sucks.

[Abingdon Square Park, 8:01am]

[The nine remaining Gladiators fly into the park, where Lutehoot awaits]

Lutehoot: Fancy meeting you here. Pity it'll be short-lived, seeing as there's only nine of you left. [laughs]

Layla: You think that's funny?

Gladiators (sans Pamela): Mega Armor, activate!

[They all go into Mega Mode]

Lutehoot: Eight Mega-Armored Gladiators won't do you any good against a Treacherous Ten Demonoid. [whips out her pike] I'll trash you all like I did the Lorikeet of Love!

Pamela: I may not have a Mega Mode myself, but I can still kick your ass!

[The Gladiators fight Lutehoot over the course of two minutes; however, Lutehoot has proven to be too strong]

Lutehoot: Child's play! After you destroyed Norebo and Zobo, the rest of us each had our power output boosted. Of course, Master Westcott has ordered me to destroy the Lorikeet of Love first and leave you to my teammates. But I prefer to play by my own rules. Besides, Mu wants to prove her worth, but there's a price to be paid for betrayal. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a traitor to destroy.

[She transports out]

Layla: [to her wristband] Tohka, do you copy? Lutehoot is on her way to your location.

Tohka: [sighs] As if we didn't have enough to fight already.

Layla: Don't worry. We're on our way! Gladiators, let's go!

[The nine Gladiators take to the sky and fly off; they eventually reach the Battery Park City Ferry Terminal, where Mu is fighting the Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds (still in Wild Force mode); they land]

Layla: Good. She's not here yet.

Mu: Ah! The Gladiators! And in Mega Mode, too! Well, except for the Ivory Eagle.

Tor: Glad you guys could show up!

Kotori: She's more powerful than we imagined.

Sora: Not if we all work together.

[The Mega Mode Gladiators strike Mu w/their weapons one by one]

Pamela: Ivory Crossbow!

[She fires steel arrows from her crossbow at Mu, hitting her]

Tor: Let's combine our weapons!

[He and the other Ranger-Exceeds combine their weapons to form the Jungle Sword]

Tor: Jungle Sword!

All five: Savage Slash!

[They are about to strike Mu w/the Jungle Sword, when suddenly, Lutehoot appears and intercepts w/her pike]

Lutehoot: This traitor is mine!

[She pushes the Ranger-Exceeds back; the Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Mu: Get out of my way, Lutehoot!

Lutehoot: As penance for escaping detainment and betraying your team, you'll be terminated!

Mu: Look who's talking!

[They get into a fight]

Mu: Ever since the day I was manufactured, I've always been a loyal follower to the great Mechike. And even after I found out who he really was, I maintained my loyalty. But ever since the day he became Isaac Westcott again, he's treated more and more of his minions like sh*t when they fail! He took the failure of one of my Super CDG soldiers out on me and locked me in the brig for a week.

Lutehoot: He won't tolerate failure.

Mu: Well, from here on out, I won't fail! I've already proven how powerful I've become against the Exceeds and Spirit Soldiers.

Lutehoot: That won't take back your prior failures, nor will it take back the fact that you deliberately disobeyed our master!

Mu: [strikes Lutehoot w/her blades] Silence!

[Layla and Tohka charge at the two]

Layla and Tohka: Break it up, bitches!

[They strike Lutehoot and Mu (respectively) w/their weapons]

Lutehoot and Mu: [strike the duo w/their weapons] Back off!

Layla: Fighting amongst yourselves will only make things worse.

Tohka: You'll only end up killing each other.

Mu: [scoffs] The Gladiators are your responsibility, Lutehoot. I'll take care of the Spirit Soldiers!

[She and Lutehoot charge at Tohka and Layla (respectively); they fight]

[Back at the warehouse infirmary, Zuzu is sound asleep, until she hears voices]

Celina: Zuzu.

Rin: Zuzu.

Lulu: Zuzu.

Celina: Can you hear us?

[Zuzu moans in her sleep and has flashbacks of the other three Bracelet Girls]

Rin: Your friends are in trouble.

Lulu: They need your help.

[Zuzu views the other Gladiators, the Spirit Soldiers, and the Crystal Exceeds being overwhelmed by Lutehoot and Mu; she jumps awake, sweating and panting heavily]

Zuzu: They're right. I have to go.

[She gets out of bed, grabs her wristband, and takes off]

[A minute later, Durel returns]

Durel: Zuzu, can I get you a drink? [notices the empty bed] Zuzu? [sighs] I should've known.

[Back at the ferry terminal, the rest of the gang is still overwhelmed by the two Demonoids]

Mu: This is almost too easy.

[She strikes Tomoe and Yoshino w/her blades, then does the same to Lilith and Kurumi, then Julie and Origami, then Miyabi and Mukuro, and finally, to Tor and Kotori]

Tohka: [runs up to her harmed comrades] You guys all right?

Kotori: Yeah.

Origami: But they're way too strong for us.

Sora: What are we gonna do?

Lutehoot: Simple. Nothing. Your end has finally come!

[She prepares to fire a blast from her pike, when suddenly, Yuya tackles Lutehoot to the ground]

Lutehoot: Sakaki!

Mu: So, the Tappers have failed me. [notices the dead corpses of the Tapper twins from seven feet away] I should've known.

Yuya: I won't let you hurt them like you did Zuzu! As for what you did to Zuzu, I will never forgive you!

[He grabs Lutehoot's pike and is about to strike her with it, when Lutehoot grabs him by the neck]

Lutehoot: A mere teenage boy like you couldn't possibly beat me.

Yuya: [barely breathes] So you say!

[He stabs Lutehoot in the shoulder w/her own pike, melting the shoulder pad in the process, then drops it]

Lutehoot: Now you've made me really mad!

[She tightens her grip on Yuya]

Tor: Yuya!

Tohka: We gotta do something!

Tomoe: If we attack Lutehoot, she'll just use Yuya as a shield!

Lutehoot: [laughs] End of the line, Sakaki!

[Suddenly, Zuzu, in Gladiator uniform, flies into the scene, grabs Yuya, and strikes Lutehoot w/her sword]

Zuzu: It's bad enough to try and kill me, but to take your rage out on Yuya?!

Lutehoot: You! You were supposed to have been put out of commission! Oh, well. I'd be glad to finish you off myself, anyway.

Zuzu: Yuya, you okay?

Yuya: Yeah. Thanks, Zuzu.

[Zuzu notices the twins' corpses]

Zuzu: So the Doom Disks claim two more victims.

Yuya: I didn't have a choice. I could've died if I lost.

Zuzu: I know. Get back to the warehouse quick.

Yuya: No. I'm staying here. I'd never forgive myself if you got hurt again and I didn't jump in to save you.

Zuzu: I'm done being the damsel in distress. It's my turn to be the hero.

Shido: And speaking of heroes...

[Shido rushes into the scene]

Tohka: Shido!

Origami: You're back!

Mu: So, after over a month, you've finally decided to show up for another beating? Have you forgotten what my fellow generals did to you before?

Shido: No, and I don't give a sh*t!

[He looks at his Spirit Brace]

Shido: Here goes nothin'.

[He activates his Spirit Brace]

[Trust In You by sweet ARMS is heard in the background]

Shido: Sephira,... GO!

[He gets suited up into his Spirit Soldier suit]

Kotori: Yes! I knew you'd be back in action soon, bro!

Shido: Spirit Soldiers, assemble!

[The other 11 Spirit Soldiers join him]

Shido: Ace trooper of courage! Spirit Soldier Gold!

Origami: Crown trooper of light! Spirit Soldier White!

Nia: Wisdom trooper of revelation! Spirit Soldier Gray!

Kurumi: Understanding trooper of shadows! Spirit Soldier Black!

Yoshino: Kindness trooper of ice! Spirit Soldier Blue!

Kotori: Severity trooper of fire! Spirit Soldier Red!

Mukuro: Beauty trooper of authority! Spirit Soldier Yellow!

Natsumi: Victory trooper of forgery! Spirit Soldier Green!

Kaguya and Yuzuru: Splendor troopers of wind! Spirit Soldier Orange!

Miku: Foundation trooper of sound! Spirit Soldier Fuchsia!

Tohka: Kingdom trooper of energy! Spirit Soldier Violet!

Shido: Spiritual powers of 12, unite as one! Sephira Squadron...!

All 12: Spirit Soldiers!

[An explosion is shown behind them]

Brittany: It's great to see the whole team of Spirit Soldiers back in action!

Zuzu: I'm glad Shido's Spirit Soldier Gold again.

[She turns to Lutehoot]

Zuzu: As for you, Lutehoot, you're mine!

Lutehoot: You know, Boyle, you really make me mad!

[She mutates into a more monstrous form]

Zuzu: Now that's a look only your mother could love. That is, if you had one.

Lutehoot: [as her pike takes on a new, but more deadly shape] This is where it ends!

Zuzu: [pushes the flashing red button on her Kaleido Booster] Mega Armor, activate!

[She assumes Mega Mode]

Zuzu: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

[She points her Harmony Falchion at Lutehoot]

Lutehoot: To the end!

[They charge at each other and fight rigorously]

Mu: While she's occupied, I'll finish off the rest of you, starting with Spirit Soldier Gold. This time, it's a fight to the finish. I have been dishonored by my fellow Demonoids. This can go on no longer. Either I kill you, or I die trying.

Shido: You leave me no choice. Spirit Knuckles!

[He gets equipped with his Spirit Knuckles; he and Mu get into a fight]

Mu: You fight well. You really have improved a lot. It'll almost be a pity to destroy you.

Shido: Very unusual, coming from a Demonoid. Gilded Jab!

[His Spirit Knuckles glow as he jabs Mu repeatedly with them]

Mu: [fires arrows at Shido] Demonoid Arrows!

[She fires arrows at Shido, who shatters them all with his knuckles]

Shido: Sephira Spear!

[His Sephira Spear appears; he strikes Mu with it]

Mu: [as her blades glow] So long, Shido Itsuka! For good!

[She is about to strike Shido, but Shido blocks w/his spear]

Shido: Same to you, Mu!

[His spear glows gold; he spins it around and charges toward Mu]

Shido: Sephira Supernova Slash! Final attack!

[He strikes Mu w/his spear, electrifying her]

Mu: [struggles to reach for the green button on her left wrist] This isn't over until I've proven myself to Master Westcott!

[She pushes the button and enlarges herself; she reenergizes to full power]

Mu: I'll destroy you, even if it takes every last bit of my programming to do it!

Shido: This looks like a job for the Sephira Voyagers, right, girls?

[His fellow Spirit Soldiers nod]

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Send in the Sephira Voyagers!

[The 11 Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene]

Shido: Let's put 'em together!

[The Spirit Soldiers jump into the cockpits; the Gold, Violet, White, Red, Blue, and Fuchsia combine to form the Sephira Robo; the other five combine to form the Sephira Battle Jet]

Shido, Tohka, Origami, Kotori, Yoshino, and Miku: Sephira Robo, ready!

Kaguya, Yuzuru, Kurumi, Natsumi, Nia, and Mukuro: Sephira Battle Jet, ready!

Mu: [laughs] Those pieces of junk?! That's a laugh!

Kurumi: You'll regret insulting our mecha. Fire Jet Lasers!

[The Sephira Battle Jet fires its lasers at Mu, who repels the lasers w/her blades]

Shido: Sephira Robo Saber!

[The Sephira Robo's saber appears in its hands]

Tohka: Spiritual Strike!

[The Sephira Robo strikes Mu w/its saber, but she intercepts w/her blades; she and the Sephira Robo fight]

Mu: I refuse to hold back! Not after my dishonor. Even if I were to fall, I'll take you all down with me! Screw Westcott's rules! He wants you all dead, he's gonna get his wish!

[Cut to the Sephira Robo's cockpit]

Shido: To be honest, I almost feel sorry for you, a perfectly-built Demonoid who got screwed over, even if you weren't reincarnated like your bosses.

[Cut back outside]

Mu: Actually, I was the only general who was built without reincarnation. My fellow generals: Delta and Epsilon-- They were reincarnated, too. You see, it all started during the first spatial quake over three decades ago.

[We flashback to near the frontier of China and Mongolia over 30 years ago; an young adult woman and her pre-teen younger sister are touring]

Mu: An orphaned 18-year-old college sophomore and her younger sister were spending a vacation close to the China-Mongolia border from America, when it happened.

[The clouds darken; a massive spatial quake attacks the tourists, wiping them out, including the two sisters, who embrace each other]

[Cut back to the present]

Mu: The two sisters were wiped off the map, along with over 150,000,000 other lives. But then, not long after Westcott was reincarnated as Mechike, Prescott told him about the two girls. He heard they were exemplary martial artists. He'd known about them for almost four decades and had been wanting them to join his crime family as soldiers. So he ordered Mechike to reincarnate the two girls as Delta and Epsilon. But with this reincarnation came total memory loss. The only memories they have now are the fact that they're sisters, and nothing more.

[Cut to the cockpit of the Sephira Battle Jet]

Kurumi: [slams her fist on the console] That bastard! It's bad enough his spatial quake claims 150,000,000 victims, but to reincarnate two of them as his own slaves?! And an innocent child among them, no less?!

Mukuro: [clenches her fist] You mutant psycho of a robot! You dare to relay this to us?!

[Cut to the cockpit of the Sephira Robo]

Shido: Westcott surely hasn't changed at all since I killed him the last time.

Kotori: Same old sick douche.

[Cut back outside]

Mu: Hey, you brought it up. You said I wasn't reincarnated like my bosses, and I had to correct you. [scoffs] Why am I wasting time telling you this sh*t? This is supposed to be a fight to the finish!

[She leaps up and spins around, then dives toward the two machines, pointing her blades at them like she was a drill and strikes them both; the Sephira Robo gets back on its feet]

Mu: Oh, still won't quit, huh? Well, neither will I.

[Cut back to the Sephira Robo's cockpit]

Shido: Girls, I think it's time we brought our mecha together.

Origami: But we haven't tested it.

Kotori: I know, but we have to risk it.

Shido: Kurumi, did you get all that?

Kurumi: [from the intercom] Loud and clear, Shido.

Shido: And keep in mind, this new combo has the power to disable a Demonoid's computer chips all at once.

Tohka: It does?! How?

Shido: We'll have to give it a whirl to find out. Let's do it!

[Split-screen to both cockpits]

All Spirit Soldiers: Interface sequence, activate!

[Date A Live by sweet ARMS is heard in the background]

[The Sephira Battle Jet attaches to the back of the Sephira Robo; the nose of the Black Sephira Voyager component of the Battle Jet attaches to the Sephira Robo's head as a helmet; the saber transforms into a steel spear resembling Shido's]

[Cut to the cockpit w/all 12 Spirit Soldiers]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Ultra Robo!

Tohka: [looks around the cockpit] Pretty spacious cockpit.

Kotori: And check out the new weapon!

Origami: It bears a resemblance to Shido's Sephira Spear!

Yoshino: But how will this disable Mu's chips?

Shido: With its own Sephira Spear. But first, let's test out these cool features so we can wear Mu out!

Other Spirit Soldiers: Right!

[Outside, the Sephira Ultra Robo takes to the sky at high speed]

Mu: Pathetic Spirit Soldiers. Think you're the only one who can fly that fast?! Jet propulsion!

[Her jets ignite; she takes to the sky and flies after the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Shido: You want a fight? We'll give it to you!

[Mu fires her lasers at the Sephira Ultra Robo, but the Sephira Ultra Robo dodges each blast, then kicks Mu in the gut]

Tohka: Sephira Ultra Swoop!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo takes to the sky further, then dive-bombs Mu hard]

Mu: You'll pay for that, Spirit Soldiers!

Shido: Sephira Ultra Spear! Full power!

[The Sephira Ultra Spear glows]

Mu: [jets toward the Sephira Ultra Robo] Not gonna happen!

[She is about to strike, when the Sephira Ultra Robo slices her blades in half w/its spear]

Mu: My blades! [growls] This can't be happening!

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Shido: I'm afraid it is! Ready?!

Other Spirit Soldiers: Ready!

All 12: Sephira Ultra Spear, Emission Strike!

[Outside, the Sephira Ultra Robo charges at Mu and impales her with its spear; both slowly descend to the ground]

Mu: I will reassemble again!

Shido: That's what you think!

[The Sephira Ultra Spear emits particles into Mu's body; inside her body, the particles spread into all of Mu's computer chips at once; they all shatter simultaneously; outside, Mu screams in pain as sparks fly from her joints; the Sephira Ultra Robo releases its spear and pulls back]

Mu: [groans] You Spirit Soldiers stand for all I hate: Goodness, honesty, dignity! [raises what's left of her right blade] If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me!

[She slowly limps toward the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Shido: Don't force us to destroy you, Mu!

[Mu is about to strike the Sephira Ultra Robo, when it strikes her w/its spear; Mu drops her blade, slowly falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown]

[After the smoke clears, Mu is gone, for good]

[The Sephira Ultra Robo poses triumphantly]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Shido: So long, Mu. Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...!

All 12: Spirit Soldiers!

[The Spirit Soldiers jump out of the cockpit]

Miku: Now for Lutehoot.

[Lorikeet of Love is heard in the background]

Gladiator 9,
Lorikeet of Love!

Sings like a wren,
fights like a falcon,
faster than a hummingbird.
This young warrior
fears virtually no one.
Rarely has she been deterred.

In the midst of a dirty fight,
she lets her notes out loud.
Never, never, never
has a foe withstood the sound.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, #9!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, so divine!
Musical Gladiator,
leave evil with no choice.
Zuzu Boyle, duelist of soul,
let your team rejoice.
Never let a crime
escape the might of your voice.

Gladiator 9!
You are the Lorikeet of Love!

[Instrumental solo]

Musical Gladiator,
leave evil with no choice.
Zuzu Boyle, duelist of soul,
let your team rejoice.
Never let a crime
escape the might of your voice.

Gladiator 9!
You are the Lorikeet of Love!

[Zuzu's fight with Lutehoot continues on]

Lutehoot: Even with your Mega Mode, you're just as weak as you were last time!

Zuzu: Off with you!

[She pushes Lutehoot back w/the hilt of her sword]

Zuzu: I only lost to you before because Mu got in the way. But now that she's dead, things will be different.

Lutehoot: [unleashes long claws and charges at Zuzu] Shut up!

Zuzu: Ultrasonic Wing Blast!

[She spreads her wings, which unleash colorful ultrasonic waves upon Lutehoot, pushing her back]

Zuzu: Give up yet?

Lutehoot: I'm just getting started!

[She flaps her mutated wings rapidly; Zuzu flaps her wings in stereo; the combined wind power pushes them back slowly]

Lutehoot: So much power coming from one woman!

Zuzu: I'm not one woman! I'm four!

[The spirits of Celina, Rin, and Lulu appear beside her]

Celina: Zuzu may have one body, but she has four souls within her!

Rin: And with these combined souls comes great power!

Lulu: A power that can never be outmatched by evil!

Zuzu: So you still think you can beat me?!

[She flaps her wings four times faster, blowing Lutehoot into the sky; Lutehoot falls to the ground]

Lutehoot: I don't think! I know! [charges at Zuzu again] DIE!!!

[Suddenly, Miku jumps in and pushes her back w/a blast from her shamisen]

Zuzu: Miku!

Miku: I figured you might want some help, Zuzu.

Zuzu: I really appreciate this, but I can handle Lutehoot myself.

Miku: I just wanna help you subdue her enough for you to finish her. Besides, she's given you enough pain already. I don't want a cute girl like you to suffer so much in one morning.

Zuzu: [enamored] Miku...

Miku: Whattaya say?

[Zuzu smiles; she and Miku bump fists]

Lutehoot: Enough with the mushy stuff! Let's finish this battle!

Zuzu: With pleasure.

Miku: Brittany, I hope you don't mind my borrowing one of your songs for this.

Brittany: Not at all, but what do you need a song for? Fine time for a concert.

Miku: [winks] Trust me. Spirit Shamisen, initiate Serenade Mode!

[She plays You Are Beautiful by the Chipettes on her shamisen]

Miku: [sings] I used to care about
their rules, their game.
But now I know that it's not about them.
I can be who I wanna be.

Zuzu: [inputs a code on her Kaleido Booster] 4-1-0! Release Gabriel!

[Miku's Angel Gabriel appears]

Zuzu: Rondo!

[She plays You Are Beautiful on the Gabriel organ in stereo with Miku's shamisen]

Zuzu: And I'm a...
beautiful woman on top.
Won't bow my face.
I'm a proud woman, yeah!

[Miku smiles]

Miku: And when the doors opened up,
and I saw what I got,...
Zuzu: I knew I had to go for it, ready or not.

Miku and Zuzu: Then you played the fool.
Played this fool like you've nothin' to lose.
But you weren't on my mind.
I won't do anything for love.

You don't need no one to believe in you.
Just look inside and you'll see it's true.
Oo-oo-ooh!
'Cause you are beautiful!

[The song releases harmonic sound waves upon Lutehoot, who covers her ears, but can't muster the waves' advances as they drain her energy]

Lutehoot: Stop singing! It's hurting my eardrums! [groans in pain]

Miku: All right, kiddo! Finish her off!

[Zuzu flies toward Lutehoot and impales her w/her sword]

Zuzu: Give my regards to Norebo and Zobo in Hell!

Lutehoot: [growls] Never!

[She is about to strike Zuzu w/her pike, but Zuzu removes her sword and slices Lutehoot's pike in half]

Zuzu: Harmony Falchion, Melodious Strike!

[She bisects Lutehoot w/her sword; Lutehoot falls to the ground and struggles to get back on her feet; Zuzu reverts to normal]

Lutehoot: I... cannot... be... defeated! The Treacherous Ten's mission is to destroy the Kaleido Gladiators. My life is dedicated to eliminating you, Lorikeet of Love! I won't accept anything less! Even if I go down with you!

[She grabs the pointed half of her broken pike and limps toward Zuzu]

Zuzu: This is for your own good, Lutehoot.

[She clenches her right fist and punches Lutehoot in the gut with it, sending her flying back; Lutehoot drops the broken pike, splits in half, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, there is nothing left of Lutehoot, except for a broken computer chip]

Zuzu: Goodbye, Lutehoot.

[She crushes the chip with her right foot; everyone else reverts to normal]

Tor: Two powerful Demonoids gone in one day.

Layla: Only seven of the Treacherous Ten remain.

Shido: It's sad for Mu, though. All this just to prove her worthiness to Westcott after he dishonored her.

Tohka: He'll pay for this.

[The others nod; Yuya walks up to Zuzu]

Yuya: You all right?

Zuzu: Mm-hmm. You must've had a tough duel against the twins, huh?

Yuya: Yeah. And even though I won, I kinda feel sorry for them. Especially after what Roget's Doom Disks did to them.

[Miku approaches]

Zuzu: Miku, thanks for the backup... singing.

Miku: Don't mention it, cutie. But you did most of the work, mastering my Angel and using it against Lutehoot. You really did me proud.

[She kisses Zuzu on the cheek]

Zuzu: Oh, Miku.

[They embrace]

[Back at the Nickar, LN meets up with Westcott in his office]

LN: Master, I regret to inform you that the escaped traitor Mu has been killed, and by a combo of all the Spirit Soldiers' Sephira Voyagers, no less.

Westcott: So, they were actually able to destroy one of my generals.

LN: We also lost the Tapper twins, and to make matters worse, Lutehoot was destroyed, too.

Westcott: Hmph. No matter. Seven is still enough to destroy the Kaleido Gladiators. I'll even settle for three. The balance of power may tip, but not before I decimate Argon.

LN: But what if Argon finds out? Remember, the medicine we used to numb him is limited, and--

Westcott: I'll see to it that he won't.

LN: By the way, sir, this isn't easy to tell you, but before she died, Mu exposed the truth about Delta and Epsilon.

Westcott: So she did? [scoffs] Why bother? She's already dead.

LN: But the Spirit Soldiers now know the truth. Even though Mu's gone, the damage is done.

Westcott: As long as Delta and Epsilon don't find out, everything will be fine. But until we straighten things out, they must not be allowed to go into battle against the Spirit Soldiers.

LN: Understood. We can always use Owen and Ewan in their place.

Westcott: Precisely. Now, to formulate our next plan.

[132 Madison Street, 9:09am]

[The whole gang is gathered together (except for Miku and Brittany)]

Kio: So Mu is finally gone.

Alvin: How did you destroy her? I mean, she had so many computer chips in her body and it'd take destroying them all at once to finish her.

Origami: It was the Sephira Ultra Robo's main weapon's degaussing program. It's called the Emission Strike.

Nia: Once Mu was impaled by the Sephira Ultra Spear, it emitted particles that spread into her body and shattered her chips all at once, rendering her helpless.

Tohka: There was nothing left in that body but her programming. She only had enough energy for one final strike against us, but we managed to destroy her.

Zuzu: And Lutehoot soon followed.

Sora: I'll bet Westcott's even madder than ever.

Tohka: Well, what's more important now is that Shido's got his powers back!

Lilith: Yes. Welcome back, Spirit Soldier Gold.

Shido: Hey, we owe it all to Simon.

Kotori: If it weren't for his tinkering skills, Mu would still be alive.

Simon: It was nothing, really.

[Miku and Brittany come out of the Chipettes' room w/a karaoke machine]

Brittany: Hey, guys! You up for some karaoke?

Miku: After all, beating a Demonoid general calls for a celebration!

[The others cheer in approval]

Miku: I thought so. Zuzu, why don't you join me in this first one?

[Zuzu smiles and nods]

[FINAL NOTE:
Following the deaths of the Tapper twins Bruce and Bryce, their case was officially marked "closed".]

[Bonus segment:
Miku and Zuzu sing I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany]

Miku: "Children, behave."
That's what they say when we're together.
"And watch how you play."
They don't understand, and so we're...
...runnin' just as fast as we can.
Holdin' onto one another's hand.
Tryin' to get away into the night.
And then you put your arms around me,
and we tumble to the ground, and then we say...

I think we're alone now.
There doesn't seem to be anyone around.
I think we're alone now.
The beating of our hearts is the only sound.

[She gives Zuzu a nod; Zuzu nods back]

Zuzu: Look at the way...
Miku and Zuzu: ...we gotta hide what we're doin'.
Zuzu: 'Cause what would they say...
Miku and Zuzu: if they ever knew? And so we're...
Zuzu: ...runnin' just as fast as we can.
Tryin' to get away into the night.

Zuzu: I think we're alone now. (Miku: Alone now.)
I think we're alone now. (Miku: Alone now.)

[They do a dance routine]

Miku: Runnin' just as fast as we can.
Zuzu: Tryin' to get away into the night.

Miku and Zuzu: I think we're alone now.
I think we're alone now.

I think we're alone now.
I think we're alone now.

I think we're alone now.
I think we're alone now.

I think we're alone now.
I think we're alone now.

[Later, Shido and Mana sing Top of the World by the Carpenters]

Mana: Such a feeling's coming over me.
There is wonder in most everything I see.
Not a cloud in the sky.
Got the sun in my eyes.
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream.

Everything I want the world to be
is now coming true especially for me.
And the reason is clear.
It's because you are here.
You're the nearest thing to heaven that I've seen.

Shido and Mana: I'm on the top of the world
lookin' down on creation,
and the only explanation I can find
is the love that I've found
ever since you've been around.
Your love's put me at the top of the world.

Shido: Something in the wind has learned my name.
And it's tellin' me that things are not the same.
In the leaves on the trees
and the touch of the breeze,
there's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me.

There is only one wish on my mind.
When this day is through, I hope that I will find
that tomorrow will be
just the same for you and me.
All I need will be mine if you are here.

Shido and Mana: I'm on the top of the world

I'm on the top of the world

[They smile at each other]

[Later, Tomoe and Miyabi sing Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler]

Tomoe: Where have all the good men gone,
and where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Hercules
to fight the rising odds?
Miyabi: Isn't there a white knight
upon a fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn,
and I dream of what I need.

Tomoe: I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.
He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast,
and he's gotta be fresh from the fight.
Miyabi: I need a hero!
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light.
He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon,
and he's gotta be larger than life.
Larger than life.

[Later, Alvin and Simon (wearing black fedoras and shades) sing Soul Man by the Blues Brothers]

Alvin: Comin' to ya on a dusty road.
Good lovin', I got a truckload.
And when you get it, you got somethin'.
So don't worry, 'cause I'm comin'.

Alvin and Simon: I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!

Alvin: Grab a rope, and I'll pull you in.
Give you hope, and be your only boyfriend.
Yeah!
Simon: Yeah!
Alvin: Yeah!
Simon: Yeah!

[They do a quick dance routine; Alvin plays a quick harmonica solo]

Alvin and Simon: I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!
You're a soul man!
I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!
I'm a soul man!

[They pose triumphantly]

[Later, Eris sings Respect by Aretha Franklin]

Eris: Ooh, your kisses,
sweeter than honey.
And guess what?
So is my money.
All I want you to do for me
is give when you get home.
Yeah, baby.
Whip it to me
when you get home.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Find out what it means to me.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
Take care of TCB!

[Later, Kotori, Yoshino, and Natsumi sing Go For It by Hot Sundae]

Kotori: Here's a message that I'm sending to you.
Yoshino: You can do what you want to do.
Natsumi: A little work never hurt no one.
All three: It's the only way you get things done.

Put your mind to it. Go for it.
Get down and break a sweat.
Rock and roll.
You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Mind to it. Go for it.
Get down and break a sweat.
Rock and roll.
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

[Later, Kio, Manami, Aoi, and Antonia sing There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow]

Kio: There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day.
Antonia: There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,
and tomorrow is just a dream away.

Manami: Man has a dream, and that's the start.
He follows his dream with mind and heart.
Aoi: And when it becomes a reality,
it's a dream come true for you and me.

Kio and Antonia: So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow...
Manami and Aoi: ...shining at the end of every day.
All four: There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,...
just a dream away!

[Later, Tor, Julie, and Lilith sing Sing by the Carpenters]

Julie: Sing. Sing a song.
Sing out loud. Sing out strong.
Lilith: Sing of good things, not bad.
Sing of happy, not sad.

Julie: Sing. Sing a song.
Make it simple to last your whole life long.
Lilith: Don't worry that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear.
Julie: Just sing. Sing a song.

Julie and Lilith: La la la la la
la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la.

Tor: Sing. Sing a song.
Let the world sing along.
Sing of love there could be.
Sing for you and for me.

All three: Sing. Sing a song.
Make it simple to last your whole life long.
Tor: Don't worry that it's not good enough
for anyone else to hear.
Lilith: Just sing. Sing a song.
Julie: Just sing. Sing a song.
All three: Just sing. Sing a song.

All three: La la la la la
la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la.
La la la la la
la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la.
La la la la la
la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la...

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tomoe: Man, I'm so exhausted from today's episode. Fighting, switching from one Ranger team to another, and karaoke--

Tor: I know, Tomoe, but we have the next dozen episodes all to ourselves.

Julie: The writers must be trying to develop our relationship.

Miyabi: Or our time as the Crystal Exceeds.

Lilith: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Miyabi's Test. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Tor: Wait, that cute blonde looks familiar.

Girls: Tor!

Last edited by TVLubber (5/28/2023 1:50 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera