ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 10:53 pm  #1

Side-Fic 237: Magma and the Rescue Dog

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Magma: Hey, everyone. The show is about to start. Remember to have your room brightly lit, and not to sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Yonkers, NY, Monday, May 23rd, 8:00am]

[A man (played by Sean Hayes) ties up a woman w/an NYPD badge and gun (played by Tammy Townsend) to an old abandoned oil rig; Savage watches them]

Savage: Stroke of genius, Kit Hines, holding one of New York's finest hostage so we can lure ACME right into this trap. You got the bomb set up?

Hines: It'll go off at noon. They'll come here to rescue Detective Billings within an hour before then, and they're all dead.

Savage: Ya hear that? Once the bomb goes off, young lady, your squad will have no hope of ever finding you alive, or ACME's detectives.

Billings: Don't think they'll fail, you red-horned menace. When they do come, you and your kidnapping friend will regret ever kidnapping me.

Savage: Not if my new demon can handle it. Flameoid?

[Flameoid, an orange salamander-esque demon, comes up behind him]

Flameoid: You called, Sir Savage?

Savage: Keep a sharp eye out for any ACME detectives. You never can tell which ones are coming. I can only adjust to whoever I battle.

Flameoid: Yes, sir! [vanishes]

Savage: Prepare yourself to meet your doom, ACME! [laughs maniacally]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 8:29am]

[Magma trains a German shepherd while the other Spider Riders (excluding Hunter) and the Chipmunks watch]

Magma: Okay, Poncho. Sit.

[Poncho sits]

Magma: Good boy. Now, lay down.

[Poncho lays down; Hunter enters with Jeb]

Hunter: Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late. The vet took longer than expected with Jeb. What's up?

Corona: Check it out, Hunter. All of Magma's experience with Jeb is really paying off. Look how well he's trained one of NYPD's new rescue dogs.

[Deputy Chief Frank McKnight approaches Magma]

Magma: Deputy Chief McKnight, I'm pleased to present to you our newest specially-trained rescue dog: Poncho. [hands McKnight Poncho's leash]

McKnight: Congratulations, Detective Magma. [pats Poncho on the head] And you, too, Poncho.

Jeb: [whispers to Hunter] He doesn't look all that special to me.

[Poncho sniffs, then barks and heads for the kitchen door; smoke is coming from the bottom]

Hunter: Just watch, Jeb.

Magma: Poncho, what's up, boy?

Aqune: Oh, no. The hash browns!

[She approaches the kitchen and gets inside; Poncho follows her]

Magma: See, Poncho's specially-trained to detect fire and many other kinds of dangers from miles away. As many of you know, dogs hear and smell better than human beings.

[The sound of a fire extinguisher is heard; the smoke clears; Aqune and Poncho come out of the kitchen]

Aqune: Well, so much for breakfast. Thank God for Poncho, or the whole kitchen would've been destroyed.

Jeb: I take back what I said.

McKnight: Very impressive. Magma, on behalf of NYPD, I owe you a debt of gratitude for your tremendous service.

Magma: My pleasure, sir.

[He and McKnight shake hands; everyone else applauds]

McKnight: [attaches a sergeant insignia to Poncho's collar] And you, Poncho, are hereby appointed as the newest sergeant in the Emergency Service Unit. Congratulations.

[He and Poncho shake hands]

McKnight: Now, the first thing you need as sergeant is a bath. Any volunteers?

[Simon and Theodore raise their hands]

Simon and Theodore: We will, Frank.

Sparkle: Are you sure, boys?

Hunter: Hey, if they had no problem giving Jeb baths, bathing a rescue dog should be no issue.

[Poncho barks in agreement]

McKnight: [hands Simon the leash] Okay, boys. But be careful. It's warm out, so have him washed outside. He'll dry a lot faster there. I'll send someone to bring you the supplies.

Simon: Got it, Frank. Thanks.

[He and Theodore take Poncho outside]

McKnight: Oh, by the way, Spider Riders, in all the excitement about the new rescue dog, I forgot to tell you about your emergency assignment. [hands Hunter a rap sheet] A missing-persons case.

Hunter: [looks at the rap sheet] Ava Billings?

McKnight: A Narcotics detective. She was on the pursuit of this man. [hands Corona a rap sheet] Kit Hines.

Corona: [looks at the rap sheet] Record?

McKnight: No arrests, no convictions. But just two days ago, he was caught on camera robbing a drug store and shooting the cashier. He's in stable condition now, and he'll be as good as new in no more than two weeks. Unfortunately, Hines got away, but that didn't stop Billings from going after him. We still haven't heard back from her in the past 36 hours. ESU is still looking, and MCS is backing them up, but we may need your help, just in case Prescott Vorstein or Soprano Falco try to interfere.

Hunter: We'll get to it, sir.

McKnight: [exits] Good. Keep me posted.

[Outside, Simon and Theodore place Poncho in a washtub and grab a bucket full of soap and water with a sponge]

Simon: [removes Poncho's leash] Okay, Poncho. Time for your bath. Theodore, the sponge.

[Theodore grabs the sponge from the bucket]

Theodore: Check. Now,...

[Poncho looks up and sniffs]

Theodore: Hey, what is it, Poncho?

Simon: You smell something?

[Poncho climbs out of the tub and takes off]

Simon: [grabs Poncho's leash] Hey! Come back here, boy!

[He and Theodore run after Poncho]

Simon: Poncho, where are you going?!

Theodore: What are you doing?! It's dangerous out in the street!

[Poncho scurries out of sight; Simon and Theodore's chase ends at the end of the sidewalk]

Simon: Great! Just great! Theodore, do you have any Flying-type Pokémon? I don't have any.

Theodore: No. And even if I did,... [looks in his pockets and extracts only his wallet, ID, and badge] I left all my Pokéballs back in the office.

Simon: [facepalms] Jeez! Let's regroup.

[He and Theodore return to HQ]

Alvin: What's going on, you two?

Simon: We tried to wash the dog, but he ran off when he smelled something. We tried to go after him, but none of our Pokémon were capable of tracking him down or taking us across the street.

Jeb: You let the new rescue dog run away?!

Magma: Easy, Jeb. Don't worry, you two. I'm sure he was probably curious. I'll go find him.

[Nassau County, NY, 9:15am]

[Magma, riding Brutus, looks around for Poncho]

Magma: Poncho! Poncho!

Brutus: Poncho! Where are you, boy?

[Magma whistles]

Demonitron's voice: This way, boys. Flameoid's waiting for us.

[Magma notices four Demonitron passing by, unaware of Magma and Brutus' presence]

Brutus: Company. What are the Demonitron up to?

Magma: Obviously, trouble. Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Magma: Let's ride, Brutus!

[Brutus takes off with Magma in tow]

Magma: Come on, Poncho! Where are you?

[Suddenly, Flameoid blocks his path]

Flameoid: Lookin' for me, Spider Rider?!

Magma: So you're this Flameoid!

Brutus: Get out of our way!

Flameoid: Like Hell!

[He spews fire at the duo; Magma intercepts with his mace]

Magma: Morning Star!

[He strikes Flameoid w/his mace, but Flameoid kicks him and Magma to the sky]

Flameoid: Bombs away!

[He shoots large fireballs at Magma and Brutus, blasting them to the ground]

Flameoid: They're ours now!

[10 feet away from him, Magma and Brutus hit the ground; upon impact, Magma's manacle is nearly crushed; Magma reverts to normal]

Brutus: Just when we had him. Magma, are you okay?

Magma: [tries to get back on his feet] I think so, Brutus. [groans and holds his leg] My knee. [climbs back onto Brutus' back] I don't think I can walk.

Brutus: As long as we push on, partner.

[He crawls off; Flameoid and the Demonitron watch]

Flameoid: Don't let 'em get away, boys!

[The Demonitron run after Magma and Brutus from six feet away; Magma and Brutus find a hiding spot behind a tree where the Demonitron can't find them]

Demonitron A: I don't see them anywhere.

Demonitron B: They can't stay hiding forever.

Brutus: We gotta warn the others.

Magma: [to his manacle] Hunter, do you read me? Hunter? Yo! Damn! Communication must be down.

[He is about to leave the hiding spot, but stops and holds his leg]

Magma: [winces] My knee's startin' to swell up.

Brutus: As if the day can't get any worse.

[The Demonitron find them]

Demonitron: There you are!

[Magma fights the Demonitron; in the fight, his manacle falls off his wrist; the Demonitron grab Magma and Brutus]

Magma: Let us go, you creeps!

Brutus: Don't think I don't know how to shake you off!

[Suddenly, a familiar barking sound is heard]

Brutus: Magma, that bark!

Magma: [looks ahead] Poncho!

[Poncho approaches]

Magma: Right here, boy!

Demonitron C: Uh-oh! That flea-infested cop dog is gonna kill us!

Demonitron D: Everybody evacuate!

[Poncho bites one of the Demonitron on the leg, forcing him to let go of Magma]

Magma: Good boy, Poncho! [punches the other Demonitron w/his fists]

Brutus: [shakes the Demonitron around him off] I told you so!

[The Demonitron cower and retreat]

Magma: Come, Poncho.

[Poncho walks up to him and Brutus; Magma pats him on the head]

Magma: Good dog.

Brutus: I think he wants us to follow him, Magma.

Magma: Then let's go.

[He grabs his manacle and hops onto Brutus' back; Brutus follows Poncho w/Magma in tow]

[Back at the oil rig, the bomb clock is still ticking]

Hines: Less than two hours to noon, Savage.

Savage: Unfortunately, Flameoid reported that the Spider Rider got away, and it's all because of that mangy mutt of his. But at least they crippled him enough so he'll be at a disadvantage. He'll be too weak to beat us, and then, KA-BOOM!

Hines: But what about the other Spider Riders?

Savage: Oh, let them mourn. They'll be so busy mourning, they won't have time to even prepare for when we strike next.

[Just a few yards away from them; Magma notices them through his binoculars]

Magma: A bomb on an abandoned oil rig? So that's where the smell came from.

Brutus: Good job, Poncho.

Magma: Hold on, Brutus. Looks like someone's tied to the rig on the bottom.

[He zooms in on the hostage Billings vainly struggling to escape]

Magma: It's Ava Billings! She was kidnapped. No wonder we couldn't find her. [motions to the left] And that guy with the big demon-- It's gotta be Kit Hines. He's the kidnapper. We gotta get the others.

Brutus: That's where Poncho comes in.

[Magma wraps his manacle tightly around Poncho's collar]

Magma: Poncho, go back to HQ and take this to my friends, okay?

[Poncho barks and nods]

Magma: Hurry back, boy.

[Poncho scurries away]

Brutus: Good luck, Poncho.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 10:58am]

[Jeb tells the others and Tyler a story]

Jeb: Hey, did I ever tell ya 'bout the time Ryan, J.B., Kaitlin, and I tried to convice Karl Ziktor not to tear down an old-growth forest near Crossworld City?

Tyler: Ryan told me and Hunter about it 16 years ago.

Hunter: See, all hope appeared to be lost until Jeb got this weird itch. Ryan and the others took him to the lab, and Professor Hart discovered that the itch was coming from siphonaptera obscura azura.

Sparkle: What's siphon-- Uh,... What you just said?

Jeb: Blue fleas.

Lumen: I never heard of blue fleas.

Tyler: That's because they're an endangered insect species, though Jeb had a whole hide full of them.

Igneous: So you're telling me that you saved a forest because it's home to an endangered species?

Jeb: Totes, Ig. We gave notice of it to the government, and Ziktor's demolition scheme was completely stymied.

Corona: Cool.

[Poncho enters]

Igneous: Hey, Poncho. [gives Poncho a scratch behind the ear] What's up, boy?

Lumen: How's it going?

[Sparkle notices the manacle on Poncho's collar]

Sparkle: Hey, isn't this Magma's manacle?

[Tyler unhooks the manacle from Poncho's collar and inspects it]

Tyler: Yep. The communication's busted.

Hunter: Aw, man.

Jeb: Hey, Poncho, ya think you can tell us where Magma is?

[Poncho barks his response]

Tyler: What's he saying, Jeb?

Jeb: He's near an old oil rig in Yonkers, and Kit Hines put a bomb on it. It's set to go off at noon. Worst of all, he's got a hostage by the name of Ava Billings.

Hunter: The missing Narc cop! Time to get to work.

Tyler: I'll have this thing fixed in a jiff, then I'll send Poncho to return it to Magma.

Hunter: You got it, Dad. Let's go, guys!

[He, Corona, Aqune, Alvin, Igneous, Lumen, and Sparkle exit]

[Yonkers, NY, 11:55am]

Magma: Come on, guys. We're running outta time.

[Brutus suddenly hears a familiar bark]

Brutus: Magma, it's Poncho! He's close by!

[Magma looks to his left and, with his binoculars, notices Poncho (w/Magma's manacle wrapped around his collar) quickly approaching two miles away]

Magma: Yes!

[Cut back to the oil rig]

Flameoid: Only 5 minutes 'til this oil rig goes up in smoke, but still no Spider Riders.

Savage: Oh, they'll be here. They wanna save their cop friend, they have to come here. By noon, the Spider Riders will be toast! I'm sure to score brownie points now!

Magma's voice: Poncho, come here, boy!

Savage: What?! It's that Spider Rider and his dog again! Get them!

[Flameoid and the Demonitron charge]

Hines: And don't lose 'em this time!

[Back at Magma's location, Magma carefully moves in closer to beckon Poncho]

Magma: Over here, Poncho! Come on, boy!

[He suddenly notices Flameoid and the Demonitron trying to block Poncho's path]

Magma: Uh-oh!

Flameoid: Wanna play fetch, mutt?!

[He shoots fireballs; Poncho swiftly dodges them all]

Magma: Poncho!

[Poncho finally reaches Magma]

Magma: That was a close one. You okay, boy?

[Poncho barks]

Hunter: [through Magma's manacle] Magma, are you all right? We're just a mile away from your location!

Magma: Hey, Hunter! All's well, thanks to Poncho. [takes the manacle from Poncho's collar] Thanks, Poncho. Brutus and I will take it from here.

[He climbs onto Brutus' back]

Magma: Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Magma: Let's ride, Brutus!

[He and Brutus charge toward the oil rig; the Demonitron charge at them, but Magma knocks them back with his mace]

Magma: All right, Flameoid! Ready for round 2?!

Flameoid: Actually, there's one more you gotta go through before me.

Hines: [now in Demon Rider armor and riding a dragon] That's right! Me!

[He and his dragon charge at Magma, but Magma kicks him to the ground w/his bad leg]

Magma: Damn it! Twisted my knee again!

Hines: Hurts, don't it?

[He knocks Magma to the ground w/his sword]

Brutus: Spider threads!

[He fires his webs at Hines, who knocks them back w/his sword]

Hines: Piffle!

Flameoid: Toasted spider anyone?!

[He spews fire at Brutus, but suddenly, Aqune (suited up) and Portia knock him to the ground, stopping his attack]

Portia: Don't you even think of harming my brother!

Brutus: Portia!

Magma: Aqune!

Aqune: Leave our friend alone!

[The other 6 Spider Riders (all suited up and riding their Battle Spiders) charge into the scene and fight the Demonitron]

Hines: So the gang's all here! Just as I'd hoped! Unfortunately, the bomb hasn't got much time left, nor has your detective friend!

[Magma notices the time bomb at 17 seconds]

Magma: 17 seconds left!

Sparkle: I'll handle lizard breath here, Magma! Save Billings and disarm the bomb!

Magma: Right! Let's go, Brutus!

[He and Brutus get closer to the oil rig]

Savage: No, you don't!

[He fires demonic energy at Magma and Brutus, who narrowly dodge]

Savage: Damn!

Magma: [climbs up the rig to the bomb] Thank God my bad knee can handle climbing. Now, for the bomb.

[He notices the time bomb is now at 5 seconds]

Magma: 10 seconds.

[He tosses the bomb up and whacks it high into the sky with his mace; the bomb explodes harmlessly]

Magma: There goes the bomb.

[He climbs down and unties Billings]

Magma: Detective Billings, you all right?

Billings: Yeah. That was too close. Thanks, Magma.

Magma: Don't thank me. Thank Poncho, the new rescue dog over there. It was his keen nose that led us here.

[Poncho barks]

Billings: What a brave dog he is.

[She walks up to Poncho and scratches him on the head]

Billings: Thanks very much, Poncho.

Savage: How dare you!

[Hunter knocks him to the ground w/his lance]

[Sparkle and Hotarla fight Flameoid]

Flameoid: I admire your persistence, kid, but it's not gonna help you!

[He shoots fireballs at Sparkle]

Sparkle: Spider Rider, Mega Blue!

[She and Hotarla take on Mega Blue Mode and reflects the fireballs right back at Flamoid, hitting him]

Sparkle: Spider Rider, Mega Blue Mode!

[She strikes Flameoid w/her lance]

Flameoid: [charges at Sparkle] I'll get you for this, child! Time to roast you like a marshmallow!

[He is about to spew fire]

Sparkle: Blue Lance!

[Her lance glows; she strikes Flameoid through the midsection before he can even attack, electrifying him; she then releases it]

Sparkle: See ya, Flameoid! Blue Impulse!

[She slashes Flameoid twice w/her lance; Flameoid screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Hines: You're not gettin' away with that!

[Suddenly, Magma knocks him to the ground w/his mace]

Magma: Actually, it's you who's not gonna get away, Hines. If your boss dares to kidnap one of New York's finest or endanger any animal again, he'll regret it.

Hines: We'll see about that!

[He and Magma fight]

Hunter: Get him good, Magma!

Shadow: Right in the kisser, buddy!

[Hines strikes Magma w/his sword; his dragon spews fire at Brutus, but Brutus narrowly dodges]

Magma: Goin' up!

[He and Brutus jump high into the sky, then dive down toward Hines]

Magma: Morning Star!

[He strikes Hines and his dragon w/his glowing mace and lands safely on the ground; Hines screams, falls to the ground w/his dragon, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Hines, out of uniform and his dragon destroyed, emerges]

Hines: You think I'm finished? The fun's just begun. [presses a button on a remote] Magmabot, activate!

[A giant robot w/lava-esque armor emerges from the ground beneath the oil rig, destroying it; Hines jumps into the cockpit]

Hines: Worth the expense!

Magma: Our problems only got bigger, guys.

Lumen: Nothing our Thunder Spider can't handle.

Lumen, Sparkle, Magma, and Igneous: Cyber Spiders, mobilize!

[The Cyber Spiders crawl into the scene; Lumen, Sparkle, Igneous, and Magma jump into the cockpits w/their Battle Spiders]

Lumen: White Cyber Spider!

Ebony: Energize!

Sparkle: Yellow Cyber Spider!

Hotarla: Energize!

Igneous: Blue Cyber Spider!

Flame: Energize!

Magma: Black Cyber Spider!

Brutus: Energize!

Lumen: Riders, let's take it to Fighter Mode! [inserts his Spider Crystal into the controls]

Sparkle, Igneous, and Magma: Ready to rock! [insert their crystals into the controls]

[Outside, the Cyber Spiders convert to Fighter Mode]

Lumen: Let's get him!

[The Cyber Spiders charge at Magmabot]

Hines: Magma Fists!

[Magmabot's fists glow w/flames; it punches the Cyber Spiders one by one]

Magma: Enough of this, Hines! Cyber Spiders, twister formation!

[All four Cyber Spiders join hands, jump up, spin around like a tornado, then strike Magmabot hard]

Hines: Fools!

[Magmabot shoots volcanic fireballs at the Cyber Spiders, hitting them]

Lumen, Sparkle, Igneous, and Magma: Thunder Power!

[The Cyber Spiders combine to form the Thunder Spider]

Hines: Oh, so you think turning four targets into one will make it harder for me to win? I'll show you!

[He and the Thunder Spider fight]

Magma: Your boss caused a lot of damage today, Hines! Kidnapping a cop, attempting to blow her up in an abandoned oil rig, attacking an animal-- All for the sole purpose of luring us into battle! You're just as sick as he is, since you're only in it for the money!

Hines: And I would've been stinkin' rich if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog!

[The Thunder Spider kicks Magmabot to the ground]

Lumen: Thunder Blade!

All four riders and Battle Spiders: FINAL STRIKE!!

[The Thunder Blade gets powered by lightning; the Thunder Spider strikes Magmabot with it; Hines screams; Magmabot falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[The four riders and their spiders jump out of the cockpit; Magma runs up to the ruins of Magmabot and pulls the weakened Hines out of the wreckage; he cuffs him just as squad cars approach]

Magma: Kristofer Hines, you're under arrest for a robbery and attempted murder in a drug store, cruelty to animals, attempted arson, and the kidnapping and attempted murder of Detective Ava Billings. You have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. Anything you do say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If you can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.

[He hands Hines to the cops; Savage faces the Spider Riders]

Hunter: All right, you. Who are you, and who sent you?

Savage: The name's Savage, and I'm Prescott Vorstein's top dog in his army of demons. You may have destroyed one of my demons, and you may have captured one of my subordinates, but know this. Prescott Vorstein will destroy you like you did his family. Especially you, Alvin Seville. You threw Prescott's only uncle into the death chamber. You killed him!

Alvin: The only one to blame for Klaus' death is himself. And don't think you or Prescott will be any different from him.

Hunter: When you come back, we'll be ready for ya, Savage!

Savage: That goes double. So long, Spider Riders! [vanishes]

Venus and Portia: What a beastly dumb-butt.

[Corona and Aqune nod in agreement; Hunter's manacle beeps]

Hunter: Come in.

Greg: I see you've rescued Detective Billings and captured Kit Hines, Spider Riders. Well done.

Hunter: Thanks, Greg. But we shouldn't get all the credit.

Magma: We had a lot of help this time. Right, Poncho?

[Poncho barks in agreement]

Billings: Poncho couldn't agree more, Magma.

[Magma gives Poncho a scratch on the head]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 5:13pm]

[Brutus, Billings, and McKnight watch as Magma trains Poncho again]

Magma: Okay, Poncho. Speak.

[Poncho barks]

Magma: Well, sir, I think it's safe to say that Poncho passed his first field test.

McKnight: I couldn't agree more, Magma. You and the other Spider Riders gotta be grateful for his help.

Billings: I know I am.

McKnight: So, what of Hines?

Magma: The judge denied his bail. He's in Rikers now. They charged him with attempted arson, kidnapping, two attempted murders, and robbery. He's facing 50 to life.

McKnight: Well done, my boy.

Billings: You know, Magma, I've talked it over with my CO, and he agreed that I get transferred over to the K-9 Unit at the Transit Bureau, effective next month. Seeing how well you are with dogs, I thought I'd do the same.

Magma: I think that's a wonderful idea.

Billings: But you know, I may need a human partner and coach for this. You think you could back me up?

Brutus: Sounds like a great opportunity, Magma.

McKnight: What do you think?

Magma: Well,...

Billings: You don't have to answer now. Maybe in about few months or so?

Magma: Sure.

Billings: Good. Well, catch ya later. [exits]

Magma: Join the K-9 Unit... Hmm...

[FINAL NOTE:
Kristofer Hines was convicted of all charges against him and is serving 50 years to life imprisonment in Greenhaven Correctional Facility.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Charlotte: I wanna be a Gladiator, too.

Julie: Yeah! Like, ditto.

Flynn: Being a Gladiator carries very big responsibilities, you two.

Watson: Plus, it's dangerous to go out into the field unarmed.

Charlotte: We're not afraid of you, Demon Rider!

Stahler: You should be!

Julie: Like, next time on ACME Crime Net: Charlotte and Julie's Amazing Misadventure.

Charlotte: Vigilance, Dedication, Courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (9/24/2018 7:17 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera