ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2016 10:23 pm  #1

Side-Fic 238: Charlotte and Julie's Amazing Misadventure

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Julie: Hey, everybody! It's almost showtime!

Charlotte: So make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Charlotte and Julie: Off we go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Cut to Soprano's new base]

Soprano: R.J., do you have a mutant to wipe the Kaleido Gladiators off the face of the Earth?

R.J.: [shows Soprano a mutant drawing (a bull with a large chin)] Right here, Soprano. His name is Mandibull.

Soprano: A bull with a large chin? Have you been watching too much old episodes of The Tonight Show while you were in jail?

R.J.: Just trust me on this one. Argon!

Argon: As you command, Master R.J. Initiating now!

[His third eye fires red lightning at the center of the base, creating a giant egg; the egg hatches into a mutated bull (who stands on two feet and uses his front legs as arms) w/a large chin]

Mandibull: Mandibull reporting for duty, sirs! What's your first order of business?

R.J.: Attack the Kaleido Gladiators. Lure them into Central Park.

Mandibull: Yes, sir!

[He vanishes]

Soprano: There's no way I'm going to let those Gladiators get away with railroading Alto into jail where some jerk killed him.

R.J.: I feel ya. First Mom gets killed, then Dad gets killed, and then my sister kills herself. All we have left now are you, Gianna, Argon, Militia, Sacerus, and Nomadacris.

Soprano: Even so, there's still one other roadblock we have to get rid of-- Prescott Vorstein. That bastard should've stayed dead five years ago. His plans to destroy ACME with a virus was only a bump in his road, and he won't stop. If he or his forces dare to interfere, Argon, send in the STUGs to discourage them. Oh, and while you're at it, send the ArgoStar Fighter Jets to keep ACME busy.

Argon: Anything you say, sir.

[Central Park, Monday, May 30th, 12:12pm]

[The cast of Kaleido Stage, Olivia, the Chipmunks, and the Chipettes have a Memorial Day barbecue with Charlotte and Julie; Sora shares a cola with Layla (they are drinking w/straws from the same large cup)]

Brittany: Those two-- Can you believe them?

Charlotte: It's almost as if they're...

Julie: Not in front of the kids, Charlotte.

Sora: Isn't this fun, Layla? Our first Memorial Day barbecue.

Layla: Mm-hmm. I'm so glad the Chipmunks and the Chipettes invited us this year.

Brittany: Hey, Liv, how are the shrimp kabobs coming along?

Olivia: Just finished. [hands Brittany a shrimp kabob] Here you are, Brittany.

Brittany: [takes a bite] Thanks.

Mia: Olivia, it was very nice of you to help out with the grill. I had no idea you were such an expert.

Olivia: Thanks, Mia. My adoptive father taught me how back in Australia. Shrimp is his specialty. Anna, the burgers coming along okay?

Anna: [hands Alvin a cheeseburger] All set and ready to go, Liv. Here you go, Al.

Alvin: Thanks. [takes a bite out of his burger] Can you believe despite this morning's rain, we're still able to barbecue today?

Theodore: I believe it. [takes a bite out of a hot dog] Hey, Alvin, you think maybe in the 4th of July, we could have a pool party at the YMCA?

Alvin: I don't see why not.

Simon: I'm all for it.

Charlotte: Sure could use one after all this hot weather.

[Julie suddenly looks up at the sky and notices a fleet of ArgoStar Fighter Jets approaching]

Julie: Guys, up in the sky!

[The others look up]

Sora: ArgoStars!

Alvin: Trying to ruin our barbecue, eh?!

Mandibull: And they're not alone!

[Mandibull appears before the gang]

Layla: It's another one of Soprano's mutants!

Mandibull: [charges at the gang] You're mine now, Gladiators!

Mia: [charges at Mandibull and activates her wristband] Kaleido Power!

[She gets suited up and grabs Mandibull by the horns]

Mia: Layla, the ArgoStars!

Layla: Sora, Brittany, that's our cue!

Sora and Brittany: Right!

Layla, Sora, and Brittany: Kaleido Power!

[They get suited up]

Layla: MechaPhoenix!

Sora: MechaSwan!

Brittany: MechaDove!

All three: Deploy now!

[The three mechanical birds fly into the scene; the three Gladiators jump into their respective cockpits]

Sora: Angelic Magnum!

[The MechaSwan assumes Bazooka Mode and fires at the ArgoStars, hitting them and destroying some]

Layla: My turn! Phoenix Missiles, fire!

[The MechaPhoenix fires its Phoenix Missiles at the ArgoStars, hitting them]

Brittany: MechaDove, Dove Dive!

[The MechaDove takes to the sky and becomes surrounded by mauve aura, then dives down toward the remaining ArgoStars, destroying them all]

Brittany: There goes Soprano's air assault! Now for the ground!

[Cut back to the ground; Mia strikes Mandibull w/her lance]

Mia: Anna! Sarah!

Anna and Sarah: [get suited up] Kaleido Power!

[Their weapons appear]

Anna: Geo Baton!

[She twirls her baton toward Mandibull like a boomerang, striking him; Anna catches her baton]

Sarah: TIme to pay the piper, Mandibull!

[She plays a tune on her Lorikeet Flute, emitting sound waves toward Mandibull, causing him to hold his ears and horns in pain]

Sarah: [as her flute converts to blade mode] Time to go into blade mode!

[She strikes Mandibull at the base of his horns w/her blade]

Mandibull: [pulls off his horns and tosses them at the Gladiators like boomerangs] My horns are more useful than you think!

[Mia and Anna swing their weapons and knock the horns right back at Mandibull like baseballs; Mandibull gets hit by his horns]

Mia: [as her lance glows] I may not be a matador, but I can still kick your sorry butt! Platinum Lance, full power!

[She strikes Mandibull twice w/her lance, hitting him hard; Mandibull screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, there is nothing left of Mandibull]

Sora: Way to go, Mia!

Charlotte: Aren't the new Gladiators amazing, Julie?

Julie: Totally. They're incredible!

Charlotte: [sighs] I wanna be a Gladiator, too.

Julie: Like, ditto. Just imagine--

[She and Charlotte fantasize about themselves becoming Kaleido Gladiators]

Charlotte: K-10! Gilded Grebe!

Julie: K-11! Silver Swallow!

Charlotte and Julie: Kaleido Gladiators!

Layla: What's with you two?

[The fantasy ends; Charlotte and Julie snap out of it; the Gladiators are back in civilian form; the machines have left]

Charlotte and Julie: Uh, nothing.

Mia: You've been out of it since I got rid of Mandibull.

Marion: Jealous, huh?

Charlotte: Jealous? Us? No, no, no, Marion. You've got it all wrong.

Julie: Yeah, like, we were just too fixated on how the three new Gladiators battled, we weren't paying any attention.

[Both laugh]

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, Tuesday, May 31st, 4:44am]

[In the living room, Charlotte and Julie are sound asleep on the sofa; they start to dream]

[In the dream, Charlotte and Julie are surrounded by STUGs]

Charlotte: Julie, there's too many STUGs!

Julie: Then we'd better transform!

[She and Charlotte activate their special wristbands (violet for Charlotte, pink for Julie)]

Charlotte and Julie: Kaleido Power!

[They get suited up into the following:
Charlotte: A sparkling gold spandex leotard w/grebe wings
Julie: A sparkling silver spandex leotard w/swallow wings]

Charlotte: K-10! Gilded Grebe!

[The cry of a grebe is heard]

Julie: K-11! Silver Swallow!

[The cry of a swallow is heard]

Charlotte: Where there is life,...

Julie: ...there is a heart of justice!

Charlotte and Julie: Kaleido Gladiators!

Charlotte: Let's fly!

[She and Julie take to the sky, then dive bomb the STUGs; they kick them to the ground w/their fists]

Julie: [extracts her weapon: A silver-plated staff w/large talon claws] Silver Claw!

[She catches four of the STUGs w/her claw and spins them around, then knocks them to the ground, still keeping them in her grasp]

Julie: Go, Charlotte!

Charlotte: [extracts her weapon: A gold-plated crystallized rapier] Crystal Rapier!

[She swiftly slashes each of the captive STUGs w/her sword, slicing them to pieces]

Charlotte: [points her rapier at the other STUGs] Who's next?

[The STUGs cower and fly away]

Charlotte: Well done, partner.

Julie: You, too, partner.

[They fist-bump]

[A little later, they fight numerous mutants and destroy them, including giant ones; after the last one's destruction, the other Kaleido Gladiators walk up to them and congratulate them]

Layla: You two were amazing!

Sora: We're glad to have you on the team!

Charlotte: Oh, it was nothing.

[The sound of an alarm bell is heard; the other Gladiators set off, leaving Charlotte and Julie behind]

Julie: Like, what's the deal here?

[Charlotte shrugs; cut back to reality in Layla's living room; Charlotte and Julie wake up; Charlotte hits the snooze button on the alarm clock]

Charlotte: Damn it. It was just a dream.

Julie: Just when it was getting fun, too.

[She and Charlotte get out of bed, shower, and get dressed; they grab their purses and exit the apartment building; they get in their car; Charlotte starts it up and drives off]

Charlotte: Anything in mind for breakfast?

Julie: Actually, Alex said he'd treat us.

Charlotte: Good. [sighs] Can't get the dream out of your head, huh, Julie?

Julie: No.

Charlotte: Nor can I. Ever since Mia, Anna, and Sarah joined the Kaleido Gladiators, I've been green with envy.

Julie: I know the feeling, girl.

Charlotte: It's too bad we're with the investigation unit of the DA's office, so there's just about no way we can become Gladiators.

Julie: [sighs] Totes.

[Cut to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen the whole thing]

Prescott: Those dumb wannabes. If they want action, I'll give 'em one. Savage, is our new Demon Rider ready?

Savage: Easily done. Ivy Stahler, step on forward.

[Ivy Stahler (played by Kristen Schaal) enters, wearing a Demon Manacle]

Stahler: Yes, Savage.

Prescott: Ah, Miss Stahler, still looking youthful as ever, despite your time in prison.

Stahler: ACME took away 13 years of my life the instant they arrested me for armed robbery.

Prescott: When Sweet and McCoy get out of work for lunch, intercept them. That's when ACME Crime Net will come crawling to their rescue, and when they do, destroy them.

Stahler: I'm on it!

[She exits the base]

[Office of District Attorney Jack Flynn, 11:54am]

Flynn: You two wanna join the Kaleido Gladiators?

Charlotte: Yes, Jack. I mean, neither of us wanna leave the DA's office, but as former Kaleido Stage performers--

Alex: We get the idea, Charlotte. But you have to understand, the DA's office doesn't do what the police does.

Flynn: Being a Gladiator carries very big responsibilities, you two.

Watson: Plus, it's dangerous to go out into the field unarmed.

Julie: [pouts] That sucks!

Watson: Ladies, it's like taking care of a pet, raising a baby, or being the DA.

Flynn: I should know. After Roy Frye died, I was initially worried about the responsibilities. I mean, it was easy being an ADA back in Staten Island, but when it comes to doing the full Monty in Manhattan--

Charlotte: You've made your point, Jack. Thank you. But I still think it'd be great to be a Gladiator.

[Her stomach growls]

Charlotte: Oh, boy. C'mon, Julie. Let's break for lunch.

Alex: Be back by 1:00. We're gonna need your help investigating Ivy Stahler.

Julie: Ivy Stahler?

Watson: [shows a mugshot of Stahler] A repeat offender. Did 13 years for robbery. The 3-1 discovered the body of her parole officer outside her apartment last night. Gunshot wound to the head. We suspect Stahler's involved in this. She may have killed him to spite the police for doing nothing to stop her from getting tortured in prison before. That's why we need you to investigate.

Julie: Got it, Derek.

Charlotte: We'll be back before 1:00. Let's go, Julie.

[She and Julie exit]

[Outside, Stahler awaits near the front door; she notices through the window that Charlotte and Julie are approaching]

Stahler: Right on time.

[She steps back; Charlotte and Julie come out of the building]

Charlotte: Taco Bell, Jules?

Julie: Sure, I could use a few hard-shells.

Stahler: [activates her Demon Manacle; gains Demon Rider armor and riding a dragon; points her sword at the duo] Want 'em extra hot?!

Charlotte: It's you!

Julie: You're Ivy Stahler! You're the bitch who killed your parole officer!

Stahler: Oh, so you've found out, eh? Well, I'm gonna enjoy slicing and dicing you two wannabes.

[Charlotte kicks Stahler to the ground]

Charlotte: Sorry, Stahler, but not even a Demon Rider like you can take on mere wannabes.

Julie: I don't care if we're not Gladiators. We'll still take you on!

Stahler: Demonitron, rise and destroy!

[An army of Demonitron appears]

Stahler: Get past them before you can lay a hand on me!

Charlotte: Let's take these guys out, Julie!

Julie: Totes!

[The duo fight the Demonitron]

Charlotte: You creeps are tougher to get through than STUGs.

Julie: Doesn't matter. If they couldn't beat ACME, how hard can it be for us?

[She knocks one of the Demonitron towards another]

Stahler: Burn those bitches alive!

[Her dragon spews fire at Charlotte and Julie, who swiftly dodge, leaving only the Demonitron to take the blast; they are destroyed]

Stahler: Damn it!

Charlotte: Obviously, you don't care that your footsoldiers would take the blast.

Julie: You're just a spineless coward who hides behind your henchmen for her very existence.

Stahler: I fight to destroy ACME in the name of Prescott Vorstein. The Demonitron-- He can make more.

[She charges at Charlotte and Julie, who somersault over her to dodge; they land safely on their feet]

Charlotte: All our days at Kaleido Stage can really pay off.

Stahler: You two are mere humans, compared to the Spider Riders and Kaleido Gladiators. I'm a Demon Rider, far superior! Demon Sabre!

[She fires a line of flames from her Demon Sabre at Charlotte and Julie]

Julie: Uh-oh!

[Suddenly, Mia, in Gladiator uniform, jumps in and repels the flames by spinning her lance; the flames are reflected right back at Stahler's sword, destroying it]

Stahler: Platinum Pixie?!

Julie: Mia?

Mia: You two, get in the car! We'll take it from here!

Charlotte: Right! C'mon, Julie!

[She and Julie scurry into their car]

Mia: Brittany, she's all yours!

Brittany: [in Gladiator uniform; flies in] On it, Mia!

[She strikes Stahler w/her YumeBlade]

Stahler: Just the two of you? This should be easier than pie.

[The other 7 Gladiators fly in]

Layla: Easy as pie, eh? We'll make you eat those words.

Stahler: All 9 of you?! [growls] Destroy them, my dragon!

[Her dragon spews fire at the Gladiators]

Sora: [uses her wings as a shield] Angel Shield!

[Her shield reflects the flames right back at the dragon, destroying it]

Stahler: My dragon! [growls] You'll pay for that! Duel disk, engage!

[From the armor of her left arm comes a black duel disk]

Brittany: Demon Riders have duel disks, too?!

Stahler: Who dares to duel me?!

Brittany: This one's all mine, girls. [activates her duel disk] Duel disk, engage!

Brittany and Stahler: [put on their duel gazers] Duel gazers, ready!

[The field transforms into that of a desert]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

Brittany and Stahler: Let's duel!

[LP:
Brittany: 4,000
Stahler: 4,000]

Brittany: Before we start, I should let you in on the changes Pegasus recently made to the rules since the Pendulum cards became the norm. Whoever goes first can't draw during their normal draw phase. Plus, we each roll a die to see who chooses who goes first.

Stahler: Then let's roll!

[She rolls a six-sided die; it comes up 5]

Stahler: 5.

Brittany: [rolls a die] My turn!

[Her die comes up 6]

Brittany: 6! I'll go second. No normal drawing for you this turn.

Stahler: I'll start the duel off with this card: [places a card] Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] This card lets me draw two cards. I may not be allowed to normally draw on the first turn of the duel, but that doesn't stop me from activating card effects that let me draw. [places another card] Next, I play Instant Fusion! By paying 1,000 life points, I get to Fusion-summon a level-5 or lower monster from my Extra Deck without using any Fusion materials. Time to rock my opponent's world, Musician King!

[LP:
Brittany: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Stahler: 3,000 (Hand: 5)]

[Musician King appears]

[LP: 5
ATK: 1,750]

Brittany: Bear in mind that Musician King gets destroyed at the end of the turn you use Instant Fusion to summon him.

Stahler: He won't once I activate... [places another card] Dimensionhole! This card banishes Musician King until my next standby phase.

[Musician King gets sucked into a time portal]

Stahler: And since he won't be on the field at the end of this turn, he won't be destroyed by Instant Fusion's side effect. [places a card] Now, I normal-summon Star Drawing!

[Star Drawing appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,600]

Stahler: [sets a card] I set a card and end my turn.

Brittany: [draws] I draw! [looks at her hand; in her mind] Darn. I don't have any monster stronger than her Star Drawing. But this one should at least deal her some damage. [aloud; places a card] I summon Cyber Tutu!

[Cyber Tutu appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,000]

Brittany: Weak as she may seem, her special ability lets her attack you directly if all face-up monsters you control have more attack points than she does. Cyber Tutu, attack with Pounding Pirouette!

[Cyber Tutu gracefully strikes Stahler directly]

[LP:
Brittany: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Stahler: 2,000 (Hand: 3)]

Cyber Tutu: Never underestimate the Cyber Girls. [sticks out her tongue]

Brittany: That'll do, Tutu. That'll do. [sets two cards] I set two cards and end my turn.

Stahler: [draws] I draw! Now Musician King returns to the field!

[Musician King reappears]

Stahler: [places a card] Now, I summon Spellbook Magician of Prophecy!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: 500]

Stahler: When I summon this monster, I get to add a Spellbook Spell Card from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from her deck] I choose Spellbook of Power. [places said card] And I'll activate it right now and give Star Drawing an extra 1,000 attack points this turn.

[STAR DRAWING:
ATK: 2,600]

Stahler: What's more, each time the monster targeted by Spellbook of Power destroys a monster in battle, I can add a Spellbook Spell Card from my deck to my hand. Star Drawing, attack Cyber Tutu!

[Star Drawing fires a blast from her magic wand at Cyber Tutu]

Brittany: That won't help you. I activate a Trap: [reveals face-down] Negate Attack! This card negates your attack and ends the battle phase!

Stahler: Not when I activate... [reveals face-down] Trap Jammer! Any Trap Card activated in the battle phase is negated and destroyed!

Brittany: Not if I activate this: [reveals face-down] Solemn Scolding! Since this is the only set card in my Spell and Trap Zone, by paying 3,000 life points, I negate and destroy Trap Jammer!

[LP:
Brittany: 1,000 (Hand: 3)
Stahler: 2,000 (Hand: 3)]

[Trap Jammer is destroyed; Star Drawing's attack is negated]

Stahler: Wasting all those life points just to stop my attacks will be your undoing, Miller. I overlay Musician King and Star Drawing!

Brittany: You can't do that! Musician King is level 5, and Star Drawing is level 4. You can't perform an Xyz-summon using monsters with different levels.

Stahler: Actually, that's where Star Drawing's ability comes in handy. When she's used for an Xyz-summon, she's treated as a level-5 monster! With her and Musician King, I build the Overlay Network!

[Musician King and Star Drawing convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Stahler: [places a card from her Extra Deck] I Xyz-summon Empress of Prophecy!

[Empress of Prophecy emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 5
ATK: 2,000]

Stahler: That's not all. When I Xyz-summon a monster using Star Drawing, I get to draw a card. [draws] Plus, Empress of Prophecy gains 300 attack points for every Overlay Unit on my field.

[EMPRESS OF PROPHECY:
ATK: 2,600]

Stahler: [sets a card] I end my turn.

Brittany: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I summon Gemini Elf!

[Gemini Elf appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,900]

Brittany: As soon as my elves wipe out your Spellbook Magician, Cyber Tutu will finish you off! Gemini Elf, attack Spellbook Magician of Prophecy!

[Gemini Elf charges at Spellbook Magician of Prophecy]

Stahler: I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Spirit Barrier! As long as I control a monster, I don't take any battle damage.

[Gemini Elf strikes and destroys Spellbook Magician]

Stahler: Thanks to Spirit Barrier, I'm perfectly safe from Cyber Tutu's direct attacks.

Brittany: [sets a card] For now. I end my turn.

Stahler: [draws] I draw! Now, I activate Empress of Prophecy's special ability. By using one Overlay Unit, I can excavate the top 5 cards of my deck, and I get to destroy monsters on the field up to the number of Spellbook cards I excavated.

[Empress of Prophecy absorbs an Overlay Unit]

[ATK: 2,300]

[Stahler reveals the 5 cards on top of her deck:]

Stahler: Overlay Capture, Spellbook of Secrets, Spellbook of Fate, De-Spell, and Book of Secret Arts. Now both of your monsters are destroyed!

[Brittany's monsters are destroyed]

Stahler: [returns the excavated cards to the top of her deck] Next, I return the excavated cards to the top of my deck in any order. Pity this all has to end so soon. Empress of Prophecy, attack Brittany directly and finish her!

[Empress of Prophecy fires her attack at Brittany]

Brittany: I won't be beaten so easily, Stahler, and this next card proves it! [reveals face-down] I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device! [Empress of Prophecy disappears back into Stahler's Extra Deck; her last Overlay Unit is destroyed]

Stahler: My Empress!

Brittany: This card sends any monster on the field back to its owner's hand, or, if it's a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monster, the Extra Deck.

Stahler: No! [sets a card] Well, this is all I can do for now.

Brittany: [draws] My turn! I draw! [places a Field Spell Card] I activate Ritual Sanctuary! [discards a card] I discard one Spell Card: De-Fusion, to add a Ritual Spell Card or Light Ritual Monster Card from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from her deck] I choose Machine Angel Ritual. [places another card] Next, I activate the Spell Card: Shard of Greed! During each draw phase, I add a Greed Counter to this card. Once it has two, I'll send it to the graveyard and draw two more cards. I end my turn now.

Stahler: [draws] My turn! I draw! [looks at what she just drew; in her mind] Damn it! Spellbook of Fate won't help. I don't have any monsters. [looks at another card in her hand] But wait. I still have this one. [aloud; places another card] I activate Reload! [shuffles her hand into her deck; draws two cards] I shuffle my hand into my deck, then draw the same number of cards I returned to my hand: Two. [looks at what she just drew; in her mind] Damn again! Overlay Capture and The Grand Spellbook Tower won't help, either! I'll just have to make the best of it. [aloud; places a Field Spell Card] I activate The Grand Spellbook Tower! Now, once per turn, during my standby phase, if I have a Spellcaster-type monster on my field or in my graveyard, I can place a Spellbook Spell Card from my graveyard to the bottom of my deck, then draw a card. I end my turn.

Brittany: Way to even the playing field, Stahler. [draws] I draw!

[Shard of Greed gains a Greed Counter]

Brittany: [places a card] I summon Cyber Petit Angel to the field!

[Cyber Petit Angel appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: 300]

Brittany: If I summon Cyber Petit Angel, I get to add a Cyber Angel Monster Card or Machine Angel Ritual from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from her deck] Cyber Angel Dakini. But I don't have monsters with enough total levels to perform the right Ritual-summon, so I'll just attack you directly with Cyber Petit Angel!

[Cyber Petit Angel fires its attack at Stahler directly, hitting her]

[LP:
Brittany: 1,000 (Hand: 2)
Stahler: 1,700 (Hand: 1)]

Brittany: I end my turn.

Stahler: I doubt there'll be a chance for you to Ritual-summon, Brittany. [draws] I draw! Now, the effect of my Grand Spellbook Tower activates. [returns a card from her graveyard to the bottom of her deck, then draws] I return Spellbook of Power to the bottom of my deck, then draw a card. [places the card she just drew] Now, I summon Hermit of Prophecy!

[Hermit of Prophecy appears]

ATK: 1,200]

Stahler: Just for future reference, each time a Spellbook Spell Card is activated, my Hermit gains two levels and 300 attack points. Luckily for you, I don't have any in my hand at the moment, so you'll survive yet another turn. But that won't stop my Hermit from attacking! Hermit of Prophecy, attack and destroy Cyber Petit Angel!

[Hermit of Prophecy fires a blast of magic at Cyber Petit Angel, destroying her; Brittany gets knocked back with damage]

[LP:
Brittany: 100 (Hand: 2)
Stahler: 1,700 (Hand: 2)]

Stahler: [sets a card] My turn ends here, but next turn, you're history.

Brittany: We'll see about that. [draws] I draw! [Shard of Greed gains another Greed Counter]

Brittany: Now that my Shard of Greed has two Greed Counters, I get to send it to the graveyard to draw two cards.

[Shard of Greed vanishes; Brittany draws two cards]

Brittany: Now to make sure you don't get a next turn. I activate... [places a card] Machine Angel Ritual! [discards a card] I tribute my level-8 Dark Necrofear!

[Dark Necrofear appears, then vanishes]

Brittany: I Ritual-summon... [places another card] Cyber Angel Dakini!

[Cyber Angel Dakini appears]

[LV: 8
ATK: 2,700]

[Charlotte and Julie watch the duel from their car]

Charlotte: Brittany never told me she had cards like that.

Julie: She told me. Alexis Rhodes gave her copies of the Cyber Angels a few months ago. She figured it was about time she'd use those cards after the way her regular Cyber Girls backed her up.

Charlotte: Anyway, Brittany's got this in the bag. I heard that Cyber Angel Dakini can force the opponent to send one of their monsters to the graveyard, and seeing as Stahler has only one,--

Julie: There's no escaping a direct attack!

[Cut back to the duel]

Stahler: Impossible!

Brittany: One of Cyber Angel Dakini's special abilities forces you to send one monster you control to the graveyard.

Stahler: Then I guess this is goodbye, Hermit of Prophecy.

[Hermit of Prophecy vanishes]

Brittany: This duel is over! Dakini, attack Stahler directly!

[Dakini flies toward Stahler]

Stahler: [reveals face-down] I activate the Trap Card: Scrubbed Raid! I send Spirit Barrier to the graveyard to end the battle phase!

[Spirit Barrier vanishes; Dakini's attack is stopped]

Brittany: Darn it!

Stahler: And I'll do this again each battle phase, even if it's my own. Just send one card I control other than Scrubbed Raid to the graveyard, and there goes the battle phase.

Brittany: [sets her last two cards] I set two cards and end my turn.

[Cut back to the car]

Charlotte: Damn! I should've taken that Trap Card into account.

Julie: A Trap Card that ends a battle phase each turn? That sucks.

Charlotte: But like any other card, that one's vulnerable. I'm sure Brittany will find a way around it next turn.

Julie: If there is a next turn.

[Cut back to the duel]

Stahler: [draws] My turn. [places a card] I activate Card of Sanctity! [draws until she holds 6 cards] I draw until I hold 6 cards in my hand.

Brittany: [draws 6 cards] You forget that I get to do the same, Stahler.

Stahler: Oh, yeah. Right. [places another card] But those cards will be useless to you, because I activate Card Destruction! We each discard every card in our hands and draw the same number we discarded. [discards her hand, then draws 5 cards] I discard Overlay Capture, Spellbook of Miracles, Spellbook of Life, Spellbook of Eternity, and Spellbook of Judgment, then draw 5 new cards.

Brittany: [discards her hand, then draws 6 cards] I discard Polymerization, Monster Reborn, Premature Burial, Swords of Revealing Light, The Allied Forces, and Double or Nothing!, then draw 6 new cards.

Stahler: 11 Spell Cards off to the graveyard with one card? Weird.  [places another card] Now, I summon Fool of Prophecy!

[Fool of Prophecy appears]

Stahler: [sends a card from her deck to the graveyard] I activate his effect by sending Spellbook Star Hall from my deck to my graveyard. At the end of my turn, if I have at least 5 different Spellbook Spell Cards in my graveyard, which I do, I'll tribute Fool of Prophecy and special-summon a level-5 or higher Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my deck. [sets three cards] I set two cards and end my turn, and it's goodbye to the Fool of Prophecy and hello to...!

[Fool of Prophecy vanishes, and in his place appears...]

Stahler: Reaper of Prophecy!

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,000 (boosted to 2,600)]

Stahler: When Reaper of Prophecy is summoned, based on the number of different Spellbook Spell Cards in my graveyard, I can activate the following effects: If I have at least three Spellbook Spell Cards in my graveyard, I give Reaper of Prophecy 600 more attack points. That's why it's now at 2,600, though it's still weaker than your Cyber Angel. If I have at least four Spellbook Spell Cards in my graveyard, I can add a Spellbook Spell Card from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from her deck] Spellbook Star Hall. I'll save it for later. Finally, if I have at least 5 Spellbook Spell Cards in my graveyard, I can special-summon a level-5 or higher Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my deck. [places a card from her deck] I special-summon Prophecy Destroyer!

[Prophecy Destroyer appears]

ATK: 2,500]

Stahler: It's your move.

Brittany: [draws] I draw! Thanks for all the free cards, Stahler.

Stahler: No problem. But here's a way for you to repay me. I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] BIG Win!?! This card lets me declare a level between 1 and 12. I'll choose 7. Then, we each flip a coin. If both come up heads, all my monsters' levels change to match the level I declared. But if both are tails, I lose 500 life points times the declared level.

Brittany: That means if we both get tails, you lose.

Stahler: But it'll be worth it. [flips a coin] Let's go!

Brittany: [flips a coin] Come on, double-tails!

[Both coins come up heads]

Brittany: Oh, no.

Stahler: Oh, yes.

[REAPER OF PROPHECY:
LV: 7]

[PROPHECY DESTROYER:
LV: 7]

Stahler: Now that they're both level-7, I activate this Trap: [reveals face-down] Wonder Xyz! This card lets me Xyz-summon. I overlay my level-7 Reaper of Prophecy and Prophecy Destroyer to build the Overlay Network!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Stahler: [places a card from her Extra Deck] I Xyz-summon Hierophant of Prophecy!

[Said monster emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 7
ATK: 2,800]

[Cut back to the car]

Charlotte: An Xyz-summon during an opponent's turn? Fascinating!

Julie: It won't be fascinating if Brittany doesn't act.

[Cut back to the duel]

Stahler: Now I'm the one with the strongest monster on the field, Brittany. Next turn, as soon as Hierophant of Prophecy wipes out your Cyber Angel, your life points will be dropped to 0!

Brittany: I'm afraid there won't be one, Stahler. I activate another copy of the Spell Card: [places a card] Machine Angel Ritual! [discards a card] I tribute Allure Queen Level 7 in my hand to perform another Ritual-summon!

[Allure Queen LV7 appears, then vanishes]

Brittany: [places another card] I Ritual-summon Cyber Angel Idaten!

[Cyber Angel Idaten appears]

Stahler: Weak.

Brittany: Not quite. Since I Ritual-summoned Cyber Angel Idaten, I get to add a Ritual Spell Card from my deck or graveyard to my hand. I'll add one of my Machine Angel Rituals from my graveyard back to my hand.

Stahler: I'm afraid that's where it's gonna stay, because I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare! Because a monster you special-summoned this turn activated its effect, I'll negate that effect and destroy that monster! So long, Cyber Angel Idaten!

[Cyber Angel Idaten is destroyed]

Brittany: Just what I was waiting for. I activate another effect of my Ritual Sanctuary! This card lets me shuffle any number of Spell Cards from my graveyard back into my deck, then special-summon a Light Fairy-type monster from my graveyard whose level matches the number of Spell Cards I shuffled back into my deck. [shuffles 6 cards in her graveyard back into her deck] I shuffle both copies of Machine Angel Ritual, Monster Reborn, Polymerization, Premature Burial, and Swords of Revealing Light back into my deck and special-summon Cyber Angel Idaten back from my graveyard!

[Idaten reappears]

Brittany: [reveals face-down] Now, I activate the Spell: Spell Reproduction! [discards two cards, then takes a card from her graveyard] I discard two Spell Cards: Flash Fusion and De-Fusion, then add a Spell Card from my graveyard to my hand. Machine Angel Ritual. [discards a card] Next, I activate the first effect of Ritual Sanctuary. I discard Emergency Provisions to add a Ritual Spell Card from my deck to my hand: [takes a card from her deck] Machine Angel Ritual. [places said card] Which I'll activate now! I tribute Cyber Angel Idaten!

[Idaten vanishes]

Brittany: [places another card] I Ritual-summon Cyber Angel Benten!

[Cyber Angel Benten appears]

ATK: 1,800]

Stahler: Waste a Ritual monster for another?

Brittany: Not true, because if Cyber Angel Idaten is tributed in any way, each Ritual monster I control gains 1,000 attack points!

[CYBER ANGEL BENTEN:
ATK: 2,800]

[CYBER ANGEL DAKINI:
ATK: 3,700]

[Cut back to the car]

Julie: Wow! What a move!

Charlotte: There's still one card Brittany has to deal with.

Julie: Maybe her face-down card might do it.

[Cut back to the duel]

Stahler: Keep in mind that I still have Scrubbed Raid. Just sending one card from my field to the graveyard will end the next battle phase.

Brittany: It won't work this time, Stahler! I activate my other face-down card: [reveals face-down] Dust Tornado! This Trap Card destroys any Spell or Trap Card you control. There goes Scrubbed Raid!

[A swirling twister destroys Scrubbed Raid]

Stahler: [under her breath] Oh, crap.

Brittany: Cyber Angel Dakini, attack Hierophant of Prophecy!

[Dakini strikes Hierophant of Prophecy w/her blades, destroying him and knocking Stahler back]

[LP:
Brittany: 100 (Hand: 3)
Stahler: 800 (Hand: 2)]

Stahler: No!

Brittany: Yes! Cyber Angel Benten, attack Stahler directly and finish this duel with Angel Flight Flurry!

[Benten soars toward Stahler and strikes her directly; Stahler screams and hits the ground]

[LP:
Brittany: 100 (Hand: 3)
Stahler: 0 (Hand: 2)]

Brittany: Game over!

[Cut back to the car]

Charlotte: YES! Brittany did it again!

Julie: Stahler made a big mistake using Card of Sanctity and Card Destruction. Sometimes even the best cards in your hand are the wrong cards to play.

[Cut back to the duel; the field reverts to normal]

Stahler: Stupid Prophecy deck. [tosses her cards to the floor] Take 'em if you want. They're useless.

Brittany: But now you're under arrest for violating your parole and, once we get your DNA, murder.

Stahler: Never! [pushes a button on a remote] MechaDemon, activate!

[A giant demonic robot emerges from underground; Stahler jumps into the cockpit]

Stahler: Take them out, MechaDemon!

[The MechaDemon fires missiles from its fingers at the Gladiators, who dodge]

Mia: MechaBeetle, deploy now!

[The MechaBeetle crawls into the scene; Mia jumps into the cockpit]

Mia: Time to take your demon by the horns! Fighter Mode, engage!

[The MechaBeetle converts to Fighter Mode, then grabs the charging MechaDemon by the horns]

Stahler: Lightning Horns!

[The MechaDemon fires bolts of red lightning from its horns at the MechaBeetle, zapping it]

Mia: Horn Jab!

[The MechaBeetle strikes the MechaDemon hard w/its horn]

Stahler: I didn't pay $5,000 for this stupid piece of junk to fail me! Rocket Head!

[The MechaDemon's head rockets toward the MechaBeetle; the MechaBeetle knocks it back toward the MechaDemon with its horn, knocking it down; the head hits the ground]

Stahler: I don't need a head to destroy your hunk-of-junk bug! Full power!

[The MechaDemon fires a massive blast at the MechaBeetle, but the MechaBeetle charges right through the blast]

Mia: Giga Horn Strike!

[The MechaBeetle's horn glows platinum; it strikes the MechaDemon hard with it; the MechaDemon is sent flying, then falls to the ground (right on top of the MechaDemon's head), and upon impact, explodes]

[Cut back to the car; Charlotte and Julie hi-five]

Charlotte: Yes! They did it again!

Julie: That's another Demon Rider down for the count!

[They come out of the car and walk up to the Gladiators; Mia jumps out of the MechaBeetle's cockpit; all 9 Gladiators revert to normal]

Charlotte: We knew you guys could help us.

Julie: But you didn't have to. We had Stahler right where we wanted her.

[Layla slaps them both]

Layla: What the hell were you two thinking, taking on a Demon Rider by yourselves?!

Charlotte: But, Layla...

Sora: I know you meant well, but being a Gladiator, or any hero, for that matter, isn't fun and games! Do you realize how worried we were about you when Mr. Steele told us you were fighting Stahler unarmed?!

[Charlotte and Julie burst into tears]

Charlotte: We're sorry, Sora. We didn't mean to scare you.

Julie: We just wanted to be like you. It's just boring if we're not in on the action.

Brittany: Layla, they may have a point. Besides, I was just like them before I became a Gladiator.

Layla: You knew perfectly well about the big responsibilities that came with being a Gladiator, Brittany. Charlotte and Julie-- Just because they're older than you are doesn't mean they're more responsible.

Mia: You know, they did lead us to Stahler, so I think we should just let them off the hook for now.

Anna: I'm with Mia.

Sarah: And they did their best to help subdue Stahler.

Marion: Do you really think they deserve to be punished?

May: They may not be experienced, but they were trying to do the right thing.

Rosetta: Even if they did do it the wrong way.

[Layla sighs and embraces Charlotte and Julie as they cry]

Layla: Charlotte, Julie, what in Hell is wrong with you kids? All you ever do is worry me.

[Stahler, her armor and manacle destroyed, emerges from the wreckage of the destroyed MechaDemon, her hands up]

Layla: Arrest that woman!

[May grabs Stahler and cuffs her]

May: You're not getting away this time. Ivy Stahler, you're under arrest for assault, attempted murder, and suspicion in the murder of your parole officer. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If you can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.

[She jams Stahler into a nearby squad car]

[Back at Prescott's base, Prescott is furious]

Prescott: Damn those two! I hate when mere nobodies interfere with my plans for revenge!

Owen: Believe me, Prescott, they'll pay for this dearly. Them and all of ACME Crime Net.

Prescott: [clenches his fist] And I won't let anyone stand in my way, not even that loser Soprano.

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, 8:31pm]

[Charlotte and Julie return home with Chinese food]

Charlotte: Anyone feel like Chinese?

Sora: Thanks, Charlotte.

[She, Charlotte, Julie, Marion, and Layla take their seats around the dinner table]

Layla: So, how'd Flynn take it when you told him what happened?

Julie: He was a little disappointed, but also proud of us for our bravery.

Charlotte: Unfortunately, we still got suspended without pay for a week. But it beats the hell out of a month's worth.

Marion: Sorry to hear that, guys.

Julie: Well, from now on, we stick to our job and you stick to yours. Flynn was right. Being a Kaleido Gladiator really comes with a lot of responsibilities.

Marion: At least you have big responsibilities of being DA's office investigators.

Charlotte: That's true.

Sora: Plus, we wouldn't have captured Stahler if you two hadn't gotten involved.

Charlotte: Oh, speaking of Stahler, what's her status?

Layla: The bullets in her gun matched the slugs on her parole officer. She had the murder weapon. She was sent to Rikers without bail. She keeps denying any deals they offer her. She didn't want any sentence over 5 years after spending what she claimed was 13 years of prison torture.

Sora: She'll have to deal with a life sentence and pray to God that she gets locked in solitary.

[Marion's stomach growls]

Marion: Guys, can we continue this after dinner? Some of us are starving now.

Julie: Okay, everyone! Let's eat!

All five: Thank you for the food!

[They start eating]

[FINAL NOTE:
Ivy Stahler was tried and convicted of murder in the first degree, assault in the first degree, and attempted murder in the second degree. She was sentenced to life imprisonment in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, where she was beaten to death in a fight with another inmate, who committed suicide afterwards.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Sora: Oh, my God! This book!

Layla: Grimp the Mystic Gnome?

Sora: This brings back a lot of memories!

Layla: Then you deserve it.

Robertson: Trap those three into that book now. Without the three most powerful Gladiators, the other 6 are at my mercy.

Soprano: Argon, release the warlock and let him loose upon Prescott, then have him destroy the other Gladiators.

Argon: Oh, mighty Westley, emerge from the book and destroy those fools!

Sora: Next time on ACME Crime Net: In the Book. Vigilance, Dedication, Courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (8/13/2023 8:05 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera