ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2019 12:46 pm  #1

Shoud Twitch do a WITWICS marathon?

I know for the past 2 years Twitch did a livestream marathon of all the episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I wonder if they can do Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Marathon on Twitch, I would like to pay a tribute to Lynne Thigpen. This December would had been her 70th birthday. But she died on March 12th, 2003 at age 54.

Last edited by BuddyBoy600alt (1/05/2019 12:47 pm)

Should Twitch do a WITWICS marathon?

"It's a lie, lie, You're telling a lie! I never know why! You don't know how to tell the truth, truth, truth, truth, You don't know how to tell the truth! Yeah!"

1/05/2019 1:39 pm  #2

Re: Shoud Twitch do a WITWICS marathon?

Well, here's the story. An episode of Carmen being digitized according to this thread costs $260. 'GBH has no plans to digitize the series due to outdated geographic information. So, at this time, I don't think at Twitch Marathon will work.

Fred Rogers Productions digitized all MRN episodes [including the first series].

1/07/2019 7:44 pm  #3

even if Carmen can't (or rather won't considering WGBH is stubborn but if they won't do it why have it in their vaults anyway) do a twitch know what I think should do a twitch marathon? Sesame Street, because hey why not? why should HBO have all the fun (especially since HBO Canada doesn't air Sesame Street) besides Sesame Street will be 50 this year I want to see either a twitch marathon or an awesome special airing on PBS, Sesame Street hasn't aired an anniversary special since the 35th anniversary special The Street We Live On

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (1/07/2019 7:45 pm)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

1/08/2019 9:43 pm  #4

iHeartRockapella wrote:

even if Carmen can't (or rather won't considering WGBH is stubborn but if they won't do it why have it in their vaults anyway) do a twitch know what I think should do a twitch marathon? Sesame Street, because hey why not? why should HBO have all the fun (especially since HBO Canada doesn't air Sesame Street) besides Sesame Street will be 50 this year I want to see either a twitch marathon or an awesome special airing on PBS, Sesame Street hasn't aired an anniversary special since the 35th anniversary special The Street We Live On

Of course! Sesame Street should have a Twitch marathon! I posted a lot of Sesame Street clips on there. Also, It will be the 30th years of remembering Joe Raposo. He died in 1989. Here is one of his songs: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286256428

"It's a lie, lie, You're telling a lie! I never know why! You don't know how to tell the truth, truth, truth, truth, You don't know how to tell the truth! Yeah!"

4/06/2019 10:29 am  #5

In theory less than two months.  In fact if it is the third weekend as it has the last few years it is about 6 weeks.  The 28th wont work for me, but if I have to miss a marathon, Id rather miss the horror.

5/21/2019 5:36 pm  #6

And special confirmed, look at the script of who's showing up

#DOITROCKAPELLA

Board footera