ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2016 2:10 pm  #1

Side-Fic 239: In the Book

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Julie: Hey, everybody! It's almost showtime!

Charlotte: So make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Charlotte and Julie: Off we go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, Monday, July 11th, 10:38am]

[A banner hangs above the front door: "1st Annual Book Fair"; many people (ACME Crime Net detectives included) look through and/or purchase books; Simon looks through the science section and finds a book]

Simon: This is incredible! Jeanette, check this out!

[He walks up to Jeanette and shows her the book]

Jeanette: Quantum Physics for Amateurs?

Simon: I've been looking for a copy for months. I never thought someone would be so kind as to donate it.

Jeanette: [shows Simon a book she just found] Oh, check this one out. Astrology Can Be Fun.

[Alvin, Brittany, Theodore, and Eleanor walk up to them; each have a book on hand]

Brittany: I never thought ACME would hold a book fair.

Eleanor: Yeah, I mean, they never had something like this at school.

Alvin: It's really a good idea.

Simon: Besides providing a large selection of books donated by NYPD detectives, the proceeds from the sale benefit the ACME Crime Net library.

Alvin: Cool!

[Marion walks up to Theodore]

Marion: Theodore, you've gotta check out the cookbooks. They actually have a book on how to cook spaghetti carbonara!

Theodore: I've always wanted to try that out.

[She and Marion walk up to the table with the cookbooks]

Brittany: [shows a book she just got] This book really intrigued me. Dueling Strategies for Amateurs by Seto Kaiba.

Alvin: Since when did rich boy get a publishing deal?

[Cut to the fairy tale section; Sora and Layla look through many books]

Sora: Fairy tales are the best, aren't they, Layla?

Layla: Mm-hmm.

Sora: I've always wanted to be a princess and get rescued by a brave prince on a white stallion.

Layla: Or what about a brave gladiator on a golden phoenix?

Sora: That would work.

[She suddenly notices a certain book and gasps]

Layla: What's the matter, Sora?

Sora: Oh, my God! This book!

[She shows Layla the book]

Layla: Grimp the Mystic Gnome?

Sora: Yeah. [tears up] When I was little, before I saw my first Kaleido Stage show, my biological mother used to read me this book. This brings back a lot of memories!

[Layla smiles broadly]

Layla: Then you deserve it. [to a clerk] Ma'am, I'd like to purchase Grimp the Mystic Gnome, please.

Clerk: $2, please.

Layla: [hands $2 to the clerk] Here you are.

Clerk: Thanks.

[Sora blushes]

Sora: [hugs Layla] Layla, you're the best. Thank you.

[She kisses Layla on the cheek]

Layla: You're welcome. I know how much you love that book.

[Cut to Prescott's base; Robertson has seen it all]

Robertson: So, the Angel of Hope loves fairy tales, does she? I'd sure like for her to become part of one.

Savage: Not without Prescott's permission, Lady Robertson. He demands to know all matters concerning ACME Crime Net and Soprano Falco.

Robertson: Shut up, Savage! Prescott's taking his nap. You can wake him up if you'd like, but you know how cranky he gets when he doesn't get any sleep.

Savage: In any case, milady, if Prescott's unavailable, take it up with Sir Mathers. He's the right-hand man.

Robertson: Owen's occupied with training at the moment, so let's not bother him. Now, prepare the spell.

Savage: But... [sighs] Yes, ma'am. [exits; mutters] Goody-goody gumdrops.

Robertson: Kaleido Gladiators, it's time for another chapter in your history book, only this time, I'm the one who's gonna turn the pages. [snickers]

[Central Park, 11:13am]

[Sora, Layla, and Brittany sit on a bench as Sora shows her new book]

Sora: This book is about a gnome who was supposed to be a magical samaritan, but after bumping into a warlock, the warlock turned him into a grouch, but a lovely fairy tells him that the only way the spell can be lifted is if he delivers vegetables to a cottage for the homeless.

Brittany: Neat story. Could you read it to us?

Sora: Sure. [opens the book] Once upon a time, in a faraway valley...

[Cut back to the base]

Robertson: Three little Gladiators strolling in the park. Perfect. It's story time. Savage, you all set?

Savage: Absolutely.

Robertson: Trap those three into that book now. Without the three most powerful Gladiators, the others 6 are at my mercy.

Savage: As you command, ma'am. [as the outline of his body glows crimson red]

No one around will know where too look
after we trap the Gladiators into Naegino's book!

[He unleashes demonic energy]

[Cut back to the park]

Sora: "Grimp was strolling through the woods when suddenly,..."

[The book flies out of her hands and into a nearby wastebasket]

Layla: Sora, you didn't have to throw your new book out.

Sora: I didn't. It just flew out of my hands.

[She, Layla, and Brittany approach the wastebasket]

Brittany: Something must be up.

[She, Sora, and Layla suddenly magically get sucked into the book; cut to the valley in the book; Sora, Layla, and Brittany appear]

Brittany: What was that just now?

Layla: Where are we?

Sora: Wherever we are, this place looks familiar.

[She looks behind her and gasps]

Sora: Guys, we're in my book!

Layla: I'll see if I can make contact with the others. [to her wristband] Captain Lee, do you copy? This is Sergeant Hamilton. Captain? Captain!

[No reply]

Sora: We're cut off.

Brittany: Maybe we should just transform and fly out of the book.

Layla: It's not gonna do any good, Brittany.

[A familiar gnome appears, dragging a large wagon of vegetables]

Grimp: Okay, you kids. Who are you, and what're you doin' here?

Sora: It's official. We really are in my storybook.

Brittany: This is getting eerie.

Grimp: C'mon! Tell me who you are, or just leave!

Layla: We can't leave. We're stuck here.

Sora: Hi. I'm Sora. These are my friends Layla and Brittany. And you must be...

Sora and Grimp: [in unison] Grimp the elf.

Grimp: What's it to ya, kid?

Brittany: Gee, Sora was right. Grimp really is a grouch.

Sora: Only because of the spell the evil warlock cast on him.

Grimp: No shoot, sherlock. That's why I gotta deliver these veggies to the cottage for homeless if I'm ever to return to my old, generous self. What do you want in return? A medal? Outta my way. I got work to do. [drags his wagon and walks away] Kids these days.

Layla: Hey, maybe if we follow him, we could find our way out.

Brittany: It's worth a shot, at least.

Sora: Let's go.

[They follow Grimp]

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott comes out of his room and yawns]

Prescott: What a nap.

Savage: Sir, I'm glad you're awake. I thought you'd like to know that Lady Robertson has ordered me to trap three of the Kaleido Gladiators into a storybook.

Prescott: What? Without my consent? Where's Owen?

[Owen comes out of the training room]

Owen: Sir, perfect timing. I just finished my training exercises.

Prescott: Savage here tells me that Miss Robertson took it upon herself and trapped the Gladiators in a book all while I was napping.

Savage: With a little help from me, of course.

Owen: Why didn't she come to me for consent while he was asleep, Savage?

Savage: She obviously wants to prove herself.

Prescott: Well, she's done her part. Now it's my turn to make things a little more interesting.

Savage: The only way the Gladiators can get out of the book is to get to the end of the story, but only if the gnome delivers the vegetables.

Prescott: Are you talking about that cringe-worthy storybook: Grimp the Mystic Gnome?

Savage: Yes, sir.

Prescott: I've read it a lot in my boyhood. But I grew to hate it. Say... If the gnome doesn't deliver the vegetables, the story doesn't end, and if the story doesn't end, the Gladiators will be trapped forever, and if the Gladiators are trapped forever, the other 6 will be doomed!

Owen: But how do we do it?

Prescott: And you call yourself my right-hand man. We simply steal the veggies!

Owen: That makes sense.

Prescott: Demonitron, I command you to steal the vegetables from that overgrown gnome!

[The Demonitron salute, then vanish]

[Cut back to Central Park; Detectives Ruben and Blake of Special Victims happen upon the book in the wastebasket]

Blake: Why would some idiot throw away a perfectly good book?

Ruben: Hey, let's give it to Greg so he can sell it at the book fair.

[Blake nods; they exit; no sooner are they out of sight when the Demonitron appear and rummage through the wastebasket; they soon notice Ruben and Blake with the book, then smirk; they zap themselves into the book]

[Cut back to the book; Layla, Sora, and Brittany follow Grimp as he drags the vegetables through the woods]

Sora: Grimp, wait up!

Layla: We need your help to get to the end of the story.

Grimp: Do I look like a tour guide to you? Find it yourselves. Read my lips, ladies: N-O.

[The Demonitron appear behind them and sneak up to the vegetable wagon]

Grimp: Look, I got my own problems to deal with, and you want me to walk you all the way to the end of the book? Forget it!

Brittany: We're only in here because some vengeful freakshow zapped us in here to keep us out of his way.

Grimp: Oh, you're breakin' my heart.

Layla: Grimp, you don't have any idea how important this is to us.

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen the whole thing]

Prescott: The hell are they doing?! What is this, a tea party?! Take the toys, you rambunctious robots! [turns to Owen] Owen, remind me next time to secure a better platoon of Demonitron.

Owen: Anything you say, sir.

Savage: Allow me to make the best of this situation, sir. Perhaps the Demonitron need a little jolt to remind them of their job.

[He fires a bolt of crimson lightning out a window]

[Cut back to the book]

Sora: Maybe there's a way we can help you.

Grimp: As if.

[Savage's lightning bolt strikes the Demonitron, taking them by surprise; the girls and the gnome notice them]

Grimp: Hello.

Sora: Demonitron!

[The Demonitron surround the wagon]

Brittany: Why aren't they attacking?

Layla: I don't know. But these brainless bots don't belong in this story.

Grimp: Darn tootin'! [tries to pull the wagon back] You ravenous Robin Hoods! These veggies belong to the homeless!

Layla: For some reason, they want the vegetables.

Sora: If they take them, the story won't end, and we'll be stuck here.

[The Demonitron vanish, taking the wagon of vegetables with them]

Grimp: Well, that's just great. No veggies, and all the homeless people are gonna be very hungry, and I've got the three of you to thank for it! [walks off] I'm gonna stay a curmudgeon forever. I just met you cows, and I already dislike you.

Sora: Cows?! [tries to run after Grimp] I'll show you a cow!

[Layla pulls her back by the shirt]

Layla: Sora, no! That's not going to get us out of this book.

[Sora frowns]

Sora: This is all my fault. If I hadn't even touched the damn book, none of this would've happened.

Layla: Don't blame yourself, Sora. The only one to blame for this is Prescott Vorstein. Seeing as his Demonitron stole the vegetables, he's the one to blame for trapping us here.

Brittany: If we're gonna get out of here, we gotta find Grimp.

Sora: You're right, Brittany. You're both right. Let's go.

[They venture further]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 12:13pm]

[Blake and Ruben hand Greg the book]

Greg: Thanks, fellas.

Ruben: Sure, no prob, Cap'n.

Blake: Happy to contribute.

[He and Ruben exit]

Greg: I'm sure we'll be able to sell this masterpiece. Everyone loves fairy tales. [quietly] Myself included. [looks through the book] Grimp the Mystic Gnome. This was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

[Mia walks up to Greg]

Mia: Captain Lee, have you seen Sora, Layla, or Brittany anywhere?

Greg: Last time I saw them, they were on their way to Central Park. I'm sure they're on their way back, though.

Mia: Thanks, sir.

[She exits; Greg places the book back on the fairy tale table]

[Mia walks into ACME Labs, where Rosetta, Marion, May, Anna, Sarah, Charlotte, and Julie await with Tyler Steele]

Rosetta: Any luck, Mia?

Mia: No. Did you make any contact?

May: I tried reaching them through my wristband. I came up zip.

Tyler: This is getting serious. It's unlike them to disappear like this. But for all we know, it could be one of Prescott's or Soprano's traps.

Mia: Mr. Steele, let me see if I can track the signals from their wristbands.

Tyler: Brilliant.

[Mia walks up to the control panel]

Marion: Hurry, Mia. I'm getting nervous.

[Mia types codes]

[Cut back to the book; Layla, Sora, and Brittany are now in a snow-covered area]

Brittany: It's official. We're lost.

Layla: And we're not exactly dressed for this weather, either.

Sora: We're not lost, but you guys don't wanna know where we are.

[Suddenly, loud footsteps are heard; so loud, the ground shakes a bit]

Sora: Oh, my God!

Layla: Sora, you read this book a lot. What happens in this part of the story?

Sora: There's a yeti in this part of the book! He's really creepy, and he doesn't take kindly to trespassers.

Yeti: Excuse the frigid reception, ladies, but who said you could make snow angels on my land?! Time to keep the three of you on ice! [cackles]

[Cut back to ACME Labs; what is happening in the book comes up on the monitor]

Brittany: In all this ice, it's gonna be tough to outrun him!

Mia: Found 'em!

Anna: But it looks like they're in danger.

Sarah: Where are they?

Tyler: The precise location is hard to obtain. Judging from the signal, they're trapped in the middle of a storybook, but there's no indication of the book's location.

May: Someone's gotta rewrite their story and fast!

[Cut back to the book]

Yeti: Now, I may be a yeti, but at least I'm considerate enough to let you decide which flavor popsicle you want me to turn you into.

Layla: Let's transform, girls.

Sora and Brittany: Right!

Layla, Sora, and Brittany: Kaleido Power!

[Nothing happens]

Sora: What's wrong?

Layla: It must be the cold. Our wristbands are frozen.

Sora: Brittany, your Pokéballs!

Brittany: [extracts one of her Pokéballs] Got it! Blaziken, I choose you!

[Her Pokéball is frozen solid; nothing comes out]

Brittany: It's frozen! [looks at her other 5 Pokéballs; they're frozen, too] They're all frozen!

Sora: What are we gonna do now?

Yeti: What are you gonna do now? Die! That's what! [grabs a large boulder] So long!

[The girls hide behind a tree]

Layla: If we don't figure out something soon, this story's gonna have a real unhappy ending.

Yeti: What's the matter, guys? Got cold feet?

[Cut back to the lab]

Sarah: Is there any way we can get inside the book and help them?

Mia: I don't know. I'll have to analyze the book itself.

May: But by the time we find it, it'll be too late.

[Cut back to the book]

Yeti: Time to chill you three out!

[He charges at the girls; the girls dodge and trip him up; the Yeti hits the ground hard; the loud thump suddenly causes the ground to rumble and more snow to fall]

Sora: What's going on?!

Brittany: I can't see anything!

[The Yeti roars loudly; Layla looks up at a nearby mountain; an avalanche rolls toward them]

Layla: It's an avalanche!

Sora: RUN!!

[Cut back to the lab; the signal disappears]

Charlotte: No! The signal's gone!

Rosetta: Sora...

Mia: I'm sure they'll survive, but as for how long, it's beyond me.

Julie: We gotta find that book and figure a way to get inside.

Tyler: [gets a notification on the monitor] Ladies, I just located the book. It's among those at the book fair.

Sarah: That could take hours to find! Who knows what Prescott or Soprano will do by then?

May: We still gotta find it.

[The girls exit the lab, then look through the books, but still no sign of the right book]

Mia: I love reading, but this is ridiculous.

Charlotte: Yeah. Can you believe these titles?

May: Like this one: [holds up a book] Know Your Salamander. Nothing but crap.

Marion: [holds up the book] Grimp the Mystic Gnome. As if!

[Suddenly, the book glows]

Marion: Hey, what's happening?

Rosetta: I don't know.

[The book slips out of Marion's hands as if by magic; Rosetta grabs it and opens it; an image of Sora, Layla, and Brittany trapped in a cold cave is shown]

Rosetta: This is the book! They're alive!

Sarah: Yes, but they're trapped in the cave. We have to help them.

[Cut back to the book]

Layla: [shivers] God, it's cold in here. You two okay?

Sora: Yeah. That was one scary avalanche.

Brittany: We could've been killed. But now we're stuck in here.

Sora: [whispers into Layla's ear] Layla, I'd ask you to warm me with your body, but we can't do that in front of Brittany.

Layla: [hugs Sora close] Does this help?

Sora: [sighs] I think I feel warmer already. Thanks, Layla.

Layla: Brittany, any luck with your Pokéballs?

Brittany: Still frozen, Layla. [looks at her wristband] So's my wristband.

[The cave starts rumbling]

Brittany: What's going on now?!

Sora: We're gonna have company!

[The snow that has been blocking the cave comes tumbling down to the ground, revealing Grimp]

Grimp: Enjoying yourselves?

Sora: Grimp! Thank God! How'd you get past the Yeti?

Grimp: Creep got caught in the avalanche and didn't make it alive. You comin' out or what?

Brittany: Come on!

[She, Sora, and Layla follow Grimp out of the cave]

Layla: Thanks, Grimp. We owe you one.

Grimp: Well, don't be so grateful. If I'd figure out how to get the missing veggies back, you'd still be in that cave freezin' your butts off.

Layla: You know, maybe we're going about this the wrong way.

Sora: Why do you say so?

Layla: We've been trying to go forward in the story, but maybe we should be going back to the beginning.

Sora: The warlock! We should go back and find him, because maybe he can undo the spell he put on you, and if he can, then that's the story.

Layla: Bingo.

Brittany: It may not be the actual ending, but...

Grimp: ...at least it's an ending. That much is clear.

Sora: Wait. What about the homeless people? We can't just forget about them.

Layla: Look, if we can get out of here, we'll get back the stolen vegetables and send them back to you so you can deliver them to the homeless.

Grimp: Sure! Anything to get you outta the book. Let's go!

[They exit the village and arrive at the valley where the whole story began; Layla finds a fallen pole with direction signs lying on the ground]

Grimp: Jeez. It looks like a twister hit this valley.

Layla: [looks at one of the signs] Westley the Warlock. Great. Now what'll we do?

Sora: Grimp, are you sure you can't remember which direction the warlock's home is?

Grimp: You guys are just dandy. Suddenly, all the pressure is on me. If I've never gone backwards through this book before, how can I remember something I never did before? Why me?! Couldn't you have picked on Christopher Awdry? After all, his old man's creation has a good sense of direction.

Brittany: Look, just concentrate, Grimp.

Grimp: Oh, okay. If memory serves me, I think Westley's castle is... [points southwesterly] ...this way. Let's go.

[The girls follow him in that direction]

Grimp: Suddenly I'm a parade leader. Too bad I didn't bring a baton.

[Cut to Soprano's base]

Argon: Master Soprano, I wish to report that Prescott Vorstein has trapped three of the Kaleido Gladiators into a storybook. And the three strongest ones, to boot.

Soprano: That Prescott, always butting in. I might as well butt into his business and finish off the other 6 Gladiators. R.J., you got a mutant in mind?

R.J.: No, Soprano. My book of mutants was destroyed when my dad destroyed our old base, and we've already used up all the few mutant drawings I managed to salvage. And it's gonna take a while to draw up a new one at the last minute. But I do have a Mutant Rider waiting in the wings. [whistles]

[The new Mutant Rider (played by Adam Gregory) enters]

Argon: This, Master Soprano, is Vance Gibbs, ex-convict. He served 8 years in Greenhaven Correctional Facility for assaulting his new wife.

Gibbs: And when I'm through with ACME's remaining Gladiators, my ex-wife's next, wherever she is. That bitch is gonna regret ever ruining my marriage.

Soprano: Now, go to Central Park and lure the Gladiators into battle.

Gibbs: Yes, sir! [exits]

[Central Park, 12:34pm]

[Gibbs enters]

Gibbs: Perfect place to battle the Glads.

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen it all]

Prescott: Soprano dares to send a Mutant Rider to do what my Demon Riders should be doing? Savage, get to Central Park and offer him a robot.

Savage: Yes, sir!

[He vanishes, then reappears in Central Park before Gibbs]

Savage: Vance Gibbs, I presume?

Gibbs: Who are you?

Savage: I'm Savage, a messenger sent by Prescott Vorstein to offer you some assistance. [hands Gibbs a remote] With this remote, you'll unleash your very own giant robot.

Gibbs: I'll take anything to get rid of ACME, then find my ex-wife and get rid of her.

Savage: Hold it, son. This robot comes with a price.

Gibbs: [extracts his checkbook and makes a check out in the amount of $50,000] Good thing my grandma left me a $300,000 savings bond before I went to jail. Already blew 50 grand on legal aid. [hands Savage the check] This should cover it. Keep the change.

Savage: [looks at the check] Ahh. Now, wait until the Gladiators arrive, then destroy them! [laughs maniacally and vanishes]

[ACME Labs, 12:42pm]

[Tyler analyzes the book]

Tyler: If I can just find a way to change their molecular structure,...

[The alarm blares; an image of Gibbs frightening people in Central Park is shown]

Tyler: Big trouble in Central Park, ladies.

Anna: Another one of Soprano's Mutant Riders?

Tyler: Yes. Soprano must've heard about Prescott's ploy and decided to lure the rest of the Gladiators into battle.

[He runs a scan on the Mutant Rider; Gibbs' rap sheet is shown]

Tyler: Another repeat offender afoot. His name's Vance Gibbs. He's a wife-beater. He served 8 years in prison for assaulting his ex-wife. You must stop him immediately before he gets the chance to get his revenge on his ex.

Sarah: We're on it, Tyler.

Mia: Julie, Charlotte, stay here and figure out a way to get the others out of that book.

Charlotte and Julie: Got it!

[Mia, Anna, Sarah, Rosetta, Marion, and May exit the lab]

[Central Park, 1:03pm]

[The 6 Gladiators (now in uniform) enter the park in their Kaleido Cycles and face Gibbs]

Gibbs: Ah! Just in time!

Mia: Vance Gibbs, in the name of ACME Crime Net,...

All 6 Gladiators: We arrest you!

Gibbs: What can you do to me without the other three? Excuse my poetry. Giga STUGs, charge!

[An army of Giga STUGs appears; they and Gibbs charge]

[The Gladiators jump off their bikes and whip out their weapons]

Mia: Gladiators, charge!

[She and the other Gladiators charge at Gibbs and his STUGs; they fight]

[Cut back to the book; Layla, Sora, Brittany, and Grimp approach a castle; Layla looks at a sign]

Layla: "Westley the Wicked Warlock. Knock with caution."

Grimp: Boy, would ya look at the time? I gotta get going. I haven't been workin' out lately.

Sora: Grimp, please. You can't leave now. How else are we gonna break that spell? [tries to pull Grimp]

Grimp: Who said I wanted my spell broken? Certainly not me. Get your paws off me. What do I look like, a twig or somethin'?

[Cut back to Soprano's base; Soprano has seen it all]

Soprano: If those bimbos convince that warlock to undo the spell, they'll be free!

Militia: I doubt that, boss. I knew Westley the Warlock. He was an old friend of mine, until he became a storybook character. ACME doesn't stand a chance against his black magic.

Soprano: You'd better be right, Militia.

[Cut back to Central Park; the Gladiators defeat the STUGs w/their weapons; the STUGs vanish into dust; Sarah charges at Gibbs w/her Lorikeet Blade and strikes him, then slices his sword in half]

Sarah: No Mutant Rider can surpass the might of the Lorikeet of Love.

Gibbs: Well, I'm gonna change that! [pushes a button on his remote] Golden Bore, activate!

[A giant mecha known as the Golden Bore emerges from underground]

Gibbs: Time to crush you!

[He jumps into the cockpit]

May: Time to break out the big guns. Mia, Anna, you think you can pilot KaleidoBorgs I & II?

Mia: No problem.

Sarah: I'll stand by in case you need the MechaDove.

Rosetta: All right! Let's go!

Gladiators: KaleidoBorgs, deploy now!

[The KaleidoBorgs enter the scene; Mia, Anna, Rosetta, Marion, and May jump into the cockpits]

Mia: Ready your crystals, Gladiators! [inserts the KB1 crystal into the controls]

Anna, Rosetta, Marion, and May: [insert their crystals into the controls] Right!

[Outside, the KaleidoBorgs combine to form the Star Borg; the Star Borg fights the Golden Bore]

[Cut back to the book; Sora and Brittany pull Grimp closer to the castle entrance]

Brittany: Look, Grimp, just stick with us, and you'll be A-okay.

Grimp: As if you've brought me luck, eh?

Layla: I just can't wait until this spell is broken and your attitude improves.

[She knocks on the door to the castle; after a few seconds, there is no response]

Layla: No one.

Grimp: Probably not home. Too bad. I was lookin' forward to seein' that jerk again.

[The whole ground rumbles]

Layla: Now what?!

Grimp: It's Westley! He must be having a stomach virus.

Sora: I really liked this story better when we weren't in it!

[The rumbling soon stops]

Westley: [behind the door] Who dares knock on my door to impede my beauty sleep?! What do you want from the great Westley?!

Layla: We came to ask you to undo the spell you put on Grimp the gnome.

Westley: Never!

Sora: Why not?

Westley: Because the story wasn't written that way. Why do you think?

Brittany: I'm sure we can work out some agreement.

Westley: Forget it! All of you, remove yourselves from my door, or I'll turn you into peaches! [returns to his room]

Grimp: Darn it.

Layla: Sorry, Grimp. We tried.

[ACME Labs, 1:12pm]

[Charlotte and Julie look through the book]

Julie: The story seems to be rewriting itself as Sora and the others go through it. They must be trying to get out in a different way.

Charlotte: You know, the real story ends when the gnome's vegetables are delivered to the cottage for homeless people. But in this rewritten book, Prescott's Demonitron stole them. Maybe if we can help with that, we can get the others out.

Tyler: Good idea, Charlotte. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to transport you into the book.

Julie: Maybe we don't have to go into the book. Char, you still have those colored pencils?

[Charlotte reaches into her purse and extracts a box of colored pencils]

Charlotte: [hands Julie the pencils] Ask and ye shall receive.

Julie: [starts drawing the wagon of vegetables into the book w/the pencils] All I gotta do is draw in the veggies. Then Grimp will have them to deliver to the homeless people. That'll get Sora and the others back.

[Cut back to the book; Layla notices the vegetable wagon]

Layla: Hey, look.

Sora: It's the vegetables!

Brittany: I don't believe it!

Grimp: What luck!

Layla: We'd better hurry and get them to the homeless. Let's go.

[She and Sora drag the wagon and set off]

Brittany: What are we waiting for, an invitation? Come on!

Grimp: Oh, right!

[Cut back to the lab; Charlotte turns the page]

Charlotte: Nice job, Julie!

[She and Julie hi-five]

Julie: I love a little turn of events. Now we just have to hope they reach the end of the story.

[Cut back to the book]

Grimp: Y'know, I could've done this without you kids. [sighs] You know, these veggies feel a lot heavier than before they were stolen. Must've given us some more to make up. [stops] Uh-oh!

Brittany: Grimp, what'd you stop for?

Grimp: [whispers] Quiet! Westley the Warlock is on this page, too. He plans to stop me from even making it to the cottage. If he hears us, we'll all wind up as fuzzy fruit.

[The quartet quietly treks through the woods; Westley the Warlock himself is hiding behind a tree; Westley snickers]

[Cut back to Soprano's base; Soprano has seen it all]

Soprano: Argon, send Nomadacris and Sacerus into the storybook to destroy that gnome and those Gladiators.

Militia: No way! I have an even better idea. Instead of sending our minions into the book, why don't we take Westley the Warlock out of the book and sic him on the other Gladiators?

Soprano: Swell idea!

[The monitor suddenly opens a channel to Central Park, which shows the fight against Gibbs' Golden Bore]

Soprano: What?! Another giant robot?! This must be Prescott's doing!

Militia: All the more reason to release Westley.

Soprano: Do it, Argon!

Argon: As you command, sir!

[His third eye glows]

[Cut back to the book; Westley's body outline glows red]

Westley: Who dares call upon me?

Argon: It is I, Argon. I summon you to the three-dimensional world to take on our enemies.

Westley: As you command. Let that gnome have his fun. I've got bigger fish to fry!

[He whips out a sword from his back and slices his way out of the book]

Last edited by TVLubber (8/06/2022 9:13 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

7/12/2016 5:52 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 239: In the Book

[At a cottage, Sora, Layla, Brittany, and Grimp hand out the vegetables to the homeless people]

Grimp: [hands three sticks of celery to an elderly woman] Here ya go, lady. Does it please ya or does it please ya?

Elderly woman: Does it please me? It does a whole lot more. [takes a bite out of one of her celery sticks] Thank you so much, Grimp. You're the best!

[The spell upon him starts to dissipate]

Grimp: Boy, do I feel kinda lightheaded. And look at all these homeless people. I love seein' 'em so happy!

Layla: I guess we all learned something from this adventure, huh?

Sora: Sure is. The one thing that can bring us joy and happiness...

Brittany: And make us good people, too...

Grimp: ...is giving to others. Now that you know the moral, you can get out-- Excuse me. Go home safely.

Sora: Thanks for everything, Grimp.

[She and Grimp shake hands]

Grimp: No, thank you, Sora, for all your help. You, Layla, and Brittany. Now, go and live happily ever after.

Sora: You heard him, guys.

[She, Layla, and Brittany hold hands and disappear]

Grimp: Say, folks, I hope you're interested in a story.

Homeless man: Sure. A story always perks us up.

Grimp: It's about a grumpy gnome who helped out two weird humans and a talking chipmunk.

[Cut back to Central Park; the fight continues]

Gibbs: Slamming Fist!

[The Golden Bore slams his fist against the Star Borg, who punches back w/its glowing phoenix fist, knocking it to the ground]

Mia: Your insect robots can't do much against the Star Borg, and it won't do anything when we combine with the MechaDove!

Sarah: MechaDove, deploy now!

[The MechaDove flies into the scene; Sarah jumps into the cockpit]

Gladiators: Combine!

[The MechaDove combines with the Star Borg to form the Super Star Borg]

Gibbs: Missiles!

[The Golden Bore fires missiles at the Super Star Borg, who flies up and dodges, then is about to strike with Flying Dual Knuckle Strike, when suddenly, Westley appears giant-sized and knocks it back w/his sword]

Westley: Not so fast! This is a matter for the one they call Soprano Falco to settle.

Gibbs: Who are you?!

[Cut to the Super Star Borg's cockpit w/the Gladiators]

Mia: That's Westley the Warlock from Sora's book!

Rosetta: Soprano must've taken him out!

Marion: [to her wristband] Mr. Steele, do you copy?

[Cut back to ACME Labs]

Tyler: I'm aware of the situation, Marion. Unfortunately, I can't send in the MechaPhoenix or the MechaSwan without Layla or Sora. Unlike the MechaDove, these machines can't operate without their appropriate Gladiators.

[Suddenly, Sora, Layla, and Brittany reappear]

Tyler: Speak of the devil!

Sora: We're back!

Charlotte: Sora!

Brittany: Miss us?

Julie: Did we ever. But right now, the others need you. Soprano took the warlock out of the book and let him loose.

Layla: Then we'd better get busy. Come on, girls.

[She, Sora, and Brittany exit]

[Central Park, 1:23pm]

[Westley fights the Golden Bore]

Westley: No one dares to betray my new master!

Gibbs: All I did was buy a new robot. Jeez!

[The Super Star Borg gets back on its feet]

Mia: Maybe the two of you need to be taught a lesson.

Gladiators: Flying Dual Knuckle Strike!

[The Super Star Borg takes to the sky, then flies down toward the bad giants; its fists glow; just as the attack is about to hit, Westley and the Golden Bore knock the Super Star Borg back to the ground]

Westley: Don't you dare interrupt my fight!

[Suddenly, Phoenix Missiles and the Angelic Magnum strike him and the Golden Bore]

Gibbs: What was that?!

[The MechaPhoenix and the MechaSwan fly into the scene; cut to the MechaPhoenix's cockpit w/Layla]

Layla: Guess who's followed you out of the book, Westley!

[Cut to the MechaSwan's cockpit w/Brittany and Sora]

Sora: You're both history!

Brittany: We'll see to it!

[Cut back to the Super Star Borg's cockpit]

Mia: They're back!

May: You couldn't have come at a better time!

[Cut to the Gold Bore's cockpit]

Gibbs: Big deal! At least I can finally finish all 9 if you at once, right after I finish this moth-eaten magician!

[Cut back outside]

Westley: Moth-eaten?! How dare you!

[He fires black magic from his sword at the Gold Bore, hitting it]

Layla: I think it's time we broke up that fight, Gladiators.

All 9 Gladiators: Combine!

[The Super Star Borg combines with the MechaSwan and MechaPhoenix to form the Mega Star Borg; cut to the cockpit with all 9 Gladiators]

Brittany: Let's finish these guys! Shoulder cannons, fire!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg fires blasts from its shoulder cannons at the giants, hitting them hard, then takes to the sky]

Westley: Now you've sealed your fate! [charges at the Mega Star Borg] I'll teach you to ruin my story!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg's fists and wings glow w/the cry of a phoenix, the cry of a swan, and the roar of a dragon; its body becomes surrounded by white aura; it flies toward the giants]

Layla: Mega Star Borg!

All 9 Gladiators: Angelic Dual Knuckle Strike!

[The Mega Star Borg punches Westley hard, sending him flying and screaming until he lands on the Golden Bore; both fall to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[After the smoke clears, Westley is gone; Gibbs emerges from the debris, his armor and Mutant Manacle destroyed]

Gibbs: Damn that madman magician! All that money wasted!

[The Gladiators fly up to him; Mia cuffs him]

Mia: Mr. Gibbs, you're under arrest for obstruction of justice and assault on ACME Crime Net detectives. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. You understand these rights?

[She and the others take Gibbs away]

[Cut back to Soprano's base]

Soprano: Two failures in one show? Unforgivable! But ACME hasn't seen the last of me.

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott smacks Robertson and Savage w/his whip]

Prescott: You meddlers! Boneheads! Those Gladiators escaped me once again! And another perfectly good robot wasted on a worthless Mutant Rider! [clenches his fist in fury] Soprano will pay dearly for getting in my way!

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 5:31pm]

[Every book has been sold; the gang (back to normal), along with Charlotte and Julie, clean up; Sora helps Mia bring down the banner]

Mia: So, what was it like being in your book, Sora?

Anna: Yeah, how did it feel?

Sora: It was an exciting adventure, Mia. I actually got to meet the gnome himself and help him deliver the vegetables.

Layla: I just hope both Soprano and Prescott are out of the fairy tale business for good.

Brittany: Their ideas of plot twists were beyond intense.

[Greg walks up to them]

Greg: Well, guys, I think it's safe to say that our first book fair was a blast! We sold every book that was ever donated!

Charlotte and Julie: [hi-five] Yeah!

May: That should really benefit the library.

Greg: By the way, Sora, after all you've been through in that book of yours, do you still think you should keep it?

Sora: Of course, Captain. How can I say no to a book that still reminds me of my childhood?

Mia: There's just one thing I've been wondering-- In the real story, whatever happened to Westley in the end after Grimp delivered the veggies to the homeless?

Sora: [opens the book] Well, after the spell he cast was broken, the local authorities raided Westley's castle and captured him. He was stripped of all his magic and locked up in a dungeon forever. Tell you what, why don't I read you guys the whole story before we leave?

Brittany: Sure thing.

Sora: [turns to the beginning of the story] Okay. "Once upon a time, in a faraway valley, there lived a bright young gnome named Grimp..."

[FINAL NOTE:
Vance Gibbs was held on $500,000 bail, and two months later, brought to trial. He was convicted of 9 counts of first-degree assault and one count of obstruction of justice. He received the maximum sentence in Greenhaven Correctional Facility.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Brittany: A Duel Monsters convention?!

Simon: How did you get these tickets?!

Kaiba: Seville, you ready for a rematch?

Alvin: You're on, Kaiba.

Soprano: Nomadacris, Sacerus, now is the time. Prepare to become my new Mega Mutants!

Prescott: He wants powerful mutants? I'll give him what he wants.

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Alvin vs. Kaiba: Round 2 Pt. 1. Vigilance, Dedication, Courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/24/2018 11:50 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera