ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2016 10:57 pm  #1

Side-Fic 240: Alvin vs. Kaiba: Round 2 Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Alvin: Hey, everyone. The show is about to start. Remember to turn the lights on in your room, and don't sit too close to the monitor. It's showtime!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Cut to Soprano's base; in a laboratory, Sacerus and Nomadacris are hooked up to machines and being infused with additional energy; Soprano watches with a smirk; his daughter walks up to him]

Gianna: Dad, I don't like to pry into your business, but--

Soprano: My business is meant for everyone's eyes and ears around this base, Gianna. As you already know, your husband's mutant drawings were burned when your father-in-law destroyed our old base. And seeing as R.J. has run out of ideas for new mutants that would easily combat the Spider Riders and Kaleido Gladiators, our best bet is to give our Neo-Invectids the power of Mega Mutants.

Gianna: But the last time Alto tried that, it cost him Waspress.

Soprano: Times have changed in the past year and a half, dear. Our technology has greatly improved since Alto died. Once the energy infusion is complete, Argon will start the transformation and make these Neo-Invectids the most powerful Mega Mutants known to man. [snickers]

[Cut to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen it all]

Prescott: So, he wants more powerful mutants? I'll give him what he wants. He wants ACME destroyed, I'll help him for once, but it's gonna cost him. Savage, you have our next Demon Rider ready?

Savage: Yes, sir. [claps twice] Mr. Mendez?

[A man (played by Ryan Guzman) enters; his arms have scars]

Savage: Meet Chris Mendez, ex-con from Union City, New Jersey. He served 7 years in New Jersey State Prison for manslaughter.

Chris: I was driving my sister's boyfriend home after our night on the town. Mike and I were drunk. I'd forgotten that I was supposed to be his designated driver. Anyway, we were close to his apartment when we suddenly crashed into a bread truck. We got flown through the windshield, 'cause we were so drunk, we didn't put on our seat belts. My car was totaled, I wound up with these scars on my arms, and Mike was DOA. After I got treated, the cops picked me up, and I agreed to a plea deal. I got paroled a month ago. I'd been hunting for jobs since, but there wasn't a job in town, let alone out of town, who would hire me after that accident. The only decent thing I could do to get out of the house is attend AA meetings. My sister never forgave me for what happened to Mike and moved to LA. She never gave me her address, and she changed her cell number and e-mail on me. She also blocked me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the works. What's more, I lost my driver's license just after I was convicted. I had nothing. Then Savage found me. I paid him every penny I had left of my late mother's trust fund money to buy one of his robots. Oh, and by the way, Prescott, I gave that robot a little tune-up. You see, I'm a pro when it comes to machines.

Prescott: What luck. Good work, Savage. And you know what, I think there's a way you can help power Soprano Falco's new Mega Mutants.

Chris: You actually wanna help that creep? I mean, he used to be Alto Rizzoli's right-hand man.

Prescott: Just trust me, son. I know what I'm doing, as should you. Here's the plan. [whispers into Chris' ear]

[Plaza Hotel, Tuesday, July 26th, 8:26pm]

[A familiar figure with a duel disk approaches the entrance; Chris approaches him]

Chris: Hey, dude, you're a duelist, aren't you?

Figure: Duh. Why do you think I'm carrying a duel disk?

Chris: My mistake. [notices the duel disk] Any problems with your duel disk lately?

Figure: Well, the holograms on this thing have been getting a bit rusty lately. But that hardly gets me down.

Chris: I'd be happy to do this for free if you're interested.

Figure: For free, eh? [takes his deck out of his duel disk, then hands his duel disk to Chris] Why not?

Chris: I'll have it back to you by morning.

Figure: You'd better. I'm expected at the Duel Monsters convention at 3:00pm tomorrow.

Chris: It'll be delivered overnight by sunrise. I promise you that. Good night.

[He exits]

[Cut back to Prescott's base]

Prescott: A Duel Monsters convention? Perfect! That wannabe champion duelist of a rich boy's sure to duel there, and when he does, no matter who he duels, ACME will suffer the might of Soprano's high-powered Mega Mutants... before those Mega Mutants meet the inevitable. [laughs maniacally]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, Wednesday, July 14th, 8:45am]

[Greg enters the 'Munk Office w/mail; the Chipmunks and the Chipettes are having breakfast]

Greg: Morning, guys. Mail's here. [hands Alvin the mail]

Alvin: At a quarter to 9:00? Weird. Thanks, Greg.

[Greg exits]

Alvin: [hands out the mail to the others] I've never known mail to come this early, not even in LA.

Simon: I know. It's pretty unusual. [opens his envelope and extracts a letter] This letter's from my friend Sophie who transferred to Japan a few years ago to attend a special high school. "Dear Simon, how are things back in the USA? Even though I'm a proud graduate of the academy, I still plan on fighting by everyone's side. Take care of yourself, kiddo. Sophie."

Jeanette: Oh, yeah. I remember her. She was a big help during Global Week. [looks at a letter she got in the mail] Here's one from my pen pal Aoi. She also lives in Japan.

Aoi's voice: "Dear Jeanette, it's been quite a while since I last heard from you. How are your sisters and the Chipmunks? How are things down at ACME Crime Net? Life with Kio is so beautiful. I'm happy to have a guy like him as my boyfriend. But sometimes it's difficult when he has two other girlfriends living with him. Especially if one of them is an alien. Regardless, I feel like I have a new family now. I hope to come and visit you soon. Aoi."

Jeanette: An alien? Jeez.

Theodore: [looks at a postcard from Hawaii] I got this postcard from Marsha. She's on vacation in Hawaii. "Dear Theodore, my sons and I are having a great time in Honolulu. Wish you were with us. Love, Marsha."

Eleanor: [looks at a letter] This letter's from my pen pal Silvia. "Dear Eleanor, I hope things are going well for you in the United States. Things are going even better at my school. I'm already in a healthy relationship with the boy I met when I was a child. I'm going to marry him after we graduate. Are there any cute guys you like?" [blushes] Feisty, isn't she? "Silvia."

Brittany: [looks at a letter] This one's from Maya, from the same school as Sophie's.

Maya's voice: Dear Brittany, I hope you're having a good summer. I know I am, seeing as this is my second summer vacation with Moroha. I love him a lot. I know I'm just a kid, but I can't help it. He's been like a big brother to me ever since I met him. Oh, and my sister, the principal, sends her best regards to you, your sisters, the Chipmunks, and all your friends at ACME Crime Net. Love, Maya. P.S.: So does Moroha.

Brittany: Cute.

Alvin: Her relationship with Moroha is almost like mine with Sora.

Simon: Uh, Alvin, what about your mail?

Alvin: I didn't get a letter or a postcard, but I did get these.

[He extracts from an envelope...]

Alvin: A dozen tickets to the Duel Monsters convention at Javits Center!

[The rest of his group reacts with excitement; Alvin hands each member of his group a ticket]

Brittany: A Duel Monsters convention?!

Simon: How did you get these tickets?!

Alvin: Dave knew how much we loved Duel Monsters, so he bought us these tickets. There's gonna lots of different duelists from all over the country, maybe even a few from overseas, and we're gonna get a sneak peek at some new cards. Plus, Seto Kaiba is a special guest.

Simon: Kaiba? You mean the same guy you beat in your very first duel?

Brittany: The rich jerk?

Alvin: Yes, the rich jerk. The convention's scheduled for today at 3:00pm.

Jeanette: 3:00? Oh, my gosh. I gotta get my deck ready.

Theodore: Me, too. I've been wanting to try out the new Buster Blader cards I got.

Eleanor: And I've got some new Xyz monsters to back up my Amazonesses.

Brittany: Everyone, calm down. I'm sure we'll get everything done in time.

[Sora enters]

Alvin: Hi, Sora.

Sora: Morning, kids. I couldn't help overhearing this news about you going to a Duel Monsters convention.

Alvin: It's true. [holds out a ticket to Sora] I don't suppose you'd like to be my plus one?

Sora: Thanks, Alvin, but... [extracts a ticket from her pocket] Layla already bought my group tickets.

Alvin: Oh. Well, I can at least give this one to Hunter. He deserves to go to one last convention before he and Corona get hitched next week.

[Hunter enters]

Hunter: A convention?! You bet I'd go with you!

Alvin: [hands Hunter a ticket] Here you go, buddy.

Hunter: Man, this is gonna be fun!

Alvin: Totally. You know, if we're going to a convention, we may wanna dress the part.

Sora: Layla's got some Duel Monsters costumes in her apartment. I'll ask her to bring them over.

[ACME Crime Net Dressing Room, 1:44pm]

[Brittany comes out of her fitting room dressed as Cyber Angel - Benten; Jeanette comes out of hers dressed as Guardian Eatos; Eleanor comes out dressed as Amazoness Queen]

Brittany: You two look chic!

Jeanette: Thanks. It took Macquarie about a whole night without sleep to sew my headdress, though.

Eleanor: My costume looks okay, except amazonesses never wore lycra.

Brittany: At your age, not wearing lycra can only lead to trouble.

[Theodore comes out of her fitting room dressed as Flame Swordsman]

Eleanor: Don't tell me, Theodore-- Flame Swordsman?

Theodore: Yep. He's one of my favorite monsters in the game.

Brittany: What about Buster Blader?

Theodore: Layla and Macquarie never made a Buster Blader costume in my size. Besides, I'm okay with this.

Simon: [comes out dressed as Perfect Machine King] Yay for you, Theodore.

Jeanette: Simon, I thought you were gonna go as Barrel Dragon.

Simon: I would have, except I didn't anticipate three cannons would be so heavy to carry on my shoulders. This was the only Machine-type monster costume Layla had in my size, so I'll have to make do with Perfect Machine King.

Alvin: [from his fitting room] Hey, guys, check this out!

[He comes out of his fitting room, dressed as Red-Eyes Black Dragon; the others react with awe]

Alvin: They didn't have one of Black Luster Soldier or Gaia the Fierce Knight in my size, so I decided on my favorite Duel Monsters dragon: Red-Eyes Black Dragon! [roars like Red-Eyes]

Brittany: Great roar!

Alvin: Thanks.

[Hunter comes out of his fitting room, dressed as Buster Blader]

Hunter: Wondering where your favorite monster went, eh, Theo?

Theodore: To be honest, Hunter, I think you look better in that costume than I would have.

Hunter: Thanks, buddy.

[Mia comes out of her fitting room dressed as Elemental Hero Burstinatrix]

Mia: Sorry for the wait, you guys. I had a little trouble putting on my costume. It almost didn't fit me.

Alvin: Don't tell me, Mia-- Burstinatrix.

Mia: That's right! Your Elemental Hero deck made my decision too easy, Alvin.

[Anna comes out of her fitting room dressed as Saggi the Dark Clown]

Anna: I didn't even need a deck to help decide which costume to pick.

Simon: Anna, you-- Saggi the Dark Clown?

Anna: He may be a weak monster, but at least he's hilarious.

Mia: I'm not sure kids will take kindly to clowns, Anna.

Alvin: There's not gonna be that many kids at the convention, anyway, so why bother changing costumes?

[Ken comes out of his fitting room dressed as Dark Scorpion - Chick the Yellow]

Ken: How do you like mine?

Alvin: I've never seen that monster before.

Jeanette: I've read about the Dark Scorpion archetype. I think Ken's going as Chick the Yellow.

Ken: Yep. Hey, Luci, you done yet?

[His sister Luci comes out of her fitting room dressed as Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn]

Luci: Just finished. Hey, guys, like my costume? Miss Hamilton picked it out for me.

Jeanette: I know that monster. It's another Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn. Looks good on you, Luci.

Luci: Thanks. Isn't it fun that not only am I spending my summer vacay with my big brother, but I'm going with him to my very first convention?!

Brittany: I believe it.

[Sarah comes out of her fitting room dressed as Cyber Harpie Lady; she screeches]

Alvin: Amusing Harpie Lady impression, Sarah.

Sarah: Thanks, little chap. But to be honest, I was hoping for the original Harpie Lady, not Cyber Harpie Lady.

[May comes out of her fitting room dressed as Ice Queen]

Eleanor: May, why'd you choose Ice Queen?

May: 1: Being part figure-skater, it makes perfect sense. 2: There are hardly any female Fiend-type monsters in Duel Monsters, so Layla and her maid-turned-pupil never made one of those. But I don't have any regrets.

Marion: [comes out of her fitting room dressed as Aquarian Alessa] How about mine?

Simon: Now, that one, I don't recall ever seeing.

Marion: They say she's called Aquarian Alessa.

Brittany: Oh, one of those Gemini monsters. And it's the perfect costume for the Aqua Blossom, Marion.

Marion: Thanks, Brittany.

[Rosetta comes out of her fitting room dressed as Injection Fairy Lily]

Jeanette: Don't tell me, Rosetta-- Injection Fairy Lily?

Rosetta: That's right, Jeanette. [w/an inflatable jumbo-sized syringe on hand] I owe it to Rebecca for the inspiration. She uses that card a lot. Plus, this big inflatable syringe oughta make my costume seem more convincing.

Alvin: That only leaves Layla and Sora. I can only wonder what costumes they chose.

[Layla comes out of her fitting room dressed as Cyber Prima; the poses gracefully]

Brittany: Layla, your costume-- It's beautiful! You're my favorite monster: Cyber Prima!

Layla: Thanks, Brittany. After seeing all your duels, I figured this would be the perfect outfit for me to wear at the convention. But I'm sure Alvin will love Sora's costume even more. Sora, you done yet?

Sora: [from inside her fitting room] Almost, Layla. Just gotta put on my hat.

Alvin: A hat? Why does that ring a bell?

[Sora comes out of her fitting room dressed as Dark Magician Girl; Alvin blushes]

Sora: Like it, Alvin?

Alvin: Like it? Sora, your costume-- You're... You're... [swoons and faints]

Layla: I guess that means he loves it, Sora.

Sora: [giggles] Looks that way. [helps Alvin up] Come on, Alvin. You don't wanna sleep through the convention.

[Alvin wakes up gets back on his feet]

Sora: You all right?

Alvin: Yeah. Gee, Sora. I never thought you'd dress as my favorite female monster.

Sora: I knew how much you loved Dark Magician Girl, so I picked this costume out personally.

Alvin: I really love it.

[The spirit of Dark Magician Girl appears beside Alvin]

Dark Magician Girl: Personally, I think she looks pretty dressed as me.

Alvin: Glad you agree.

Simon: C'mon, guys. Yugi's waiting for us at the convention center!

Layla: The next bus'll be here in 15 minutes. Let's go!

[They all exit]

[Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan, NY, 2:55pm]

[The convention center is packed; attendees eye the new cards, statues of Duel Monsters, and some even have duels; the gang has joined Yugi's group]

Layla: Just look at this turnout!

Sora: There's duelists everywhere! And check out all the cool new cards!

Yugi: Yeah, especially the new Dark Magician support cards.

Familiar voice: Hey, you guys!

[Mokuba Kaiba approaches]

Yugi: Mokuba!

Joey: Hey, whassup, buddy?! Long time, no see!

Téa: Look how big you've got!

Mokuba: Thanks, Téa. Hey, are these your New York friends?

Mai: Yep. This is Sora, Layla, Rosetta, May, Marion, Mia, Anna, Sarah, Ken, Luci, and, of course, you've already heard of the Chipmunks and the Chipettes.

Alvin: Mokuba, I'm glad to finally meet you in person.

[He and Mokuba shake hands]

Mokuba: Likewise, Alvin. And great costumes! It's gonna really hard to decide who wins the costume contest.

Simon: Costume contest?

Mokuba: It's gonna start soon. There's a set of rare cards at stake for the winner, and a special bonus. But you won't believe who's judging.

Theodore: Who?

Mokuba: Can't tell ya.

Emcee A: Attention, everyone! We're about to judge our Duel Monsters costume contest. [holds up a brand-new set of cards] The winner receives this totally-awesome but extremely-rare sneak-peek set of Duel Monsters cards designed after the Legendary Knights of Atlantis, courtesy of Maximillion Pegasus himself!

Yugi: Legendary Knights of Atlantis?

Joey: But I thought those cards disappeared after we beat Dartz.

Téa: Pegasus must've loved those cards so much. He probably made more copies so anyone can use them.

Mokuba: Exactly what he said when he called Seto the other night.

Simon: Extremely rare? I'd sure go for those.

Emcee A: And here's our official judge, the president of the Kaiba Corporation, and formerly undefeated Duel Monsters champion, Seto Kaiba!

[Cheers and applause]

[Seto Kaiba himself enters]

Yugi: Kaiba...

Joey: Rich boy, judgin' a costume contest? Neva thought I'd see the day.

Kaiba: Spare me the applause, folks. Now, before I make my decision on the winner, I'd like to add that the winner of this contest will not only receive the rare cards, but they'll also earn the privilege to duel against me. Not that it matters, because only the King of Games himself could ever beat me, and he's not in costume.

Joey: Yo, watch it, Kaiba!

Brittany: [stomps on Joey's right foot, making him yelp] Joey, please!

Joey: Forgive me.

Kaiba: [scoffs; in his mind] I'm surprised they even let Joey Wheeler in the door. [aloud] Now, it's hard to decide who the winner is, because none of you happen to be wearing a Blue-Eyes White Dragon costume. The winner of this contest is...

[He looks at each of the costumed attendees one by one, then eyes Alvin]

Kaiba: The kid dressed as Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

[Cheers and applause]

Emcee A: [hands Alvin the set of cards] Congratulations, little Red-Eyes. These cards are all yours.

Alvin: Thanks. I'd like a word with Kaiba.

Emcee A: Mr. Kaiba, care for a few words with our winner?

Kaiba: [walks up to Alvin] You, young man, have earned the privilege to test out those new cards in a duel against me. I'd sure like to see what it feels like to be stared down by the Legendary Dragons of Atlantis, one of which I used before. Now, state your name.

Alvin: [looks up at Kaiba] I'm surprised you didn't notice the face of a so-called amateur, Kaiba.

Kaiba: [gasps] Alvin Seville?!

Mokuba: Judging from your reaction, Seto, I'd say you seem to bear a grudge with this little guy.

Kaiba: Damn right, Mokuba. Two years ago, he outclassed me in a duel-- His very first one. I was too ashamed to tell you in the first place.

Mokuba: Hey, it happens.

Alvin: To me, maybe, but to Kaiba, no way.

Kaiba: Well, I guess I must've made the right choice, because I'd sure like to thoroughly trounce you with the new cards I've added to my deck that'll compliment my Blue-Eyes White Dragons.

Yugi: What are you saying, Kaiba?

Kaiba: I'm sure you know exactly what I mean, Yugi. What do you say, Seville? You ready for a rematch?

Sora: Alvin, you don't have to duel him. I'm sure he's just mad that you beat him. Don't duel him out of pity.

Alvin: I'm not afraid of him, Sora. And my new cards should give me a boost. Besides, like Kaiba said, it's the perfect opportunity to test the new cards I just won.

Kaiba: Are you just gonna keep chatting with your friend or decide whether to duel me or not?

[Alvin turns to Kaiba]

Alvin: You're on, Kaiba. But watch out. You may have improved your deck, but in the past two years, so have I. Only time will tell.

Kaiba: [snickers] It will, indeed.

[Back at Soprano's base, Sacerus and Nomadacris stand before Argon]

Sacerus: Energy infusion is complete, Argon.

Nomadacris: We're ready for the transformation.

Argon: Sacerus and Nomadacris, I hereby bestow upon each of you the might of a Mega Mutant!

[His third eye glows and fires a beam at the Neo-Invectids, powering them up; Sacerus' claws grow; he gains a massive hammer; his face mutates; he gains spiked armor; Nomadacris gains wings, iron fists, and a ruby red axe; his face mutates; he gains armor w/laser cannons on his shoulders]

Sacerus: Transformation complete!

Nomadacris: I feel great! I love this axe!

Sacerus: Never thought I'd get a hammer instead of a sword.

Soprano: Both of you, lure the Spider Riders into battle. While Alvin Seville is occupied with his duel against Kaiba, the others will be too weak to fight back, even with the Kaleido Gladiators.

Sacerus: They won't know what hit them, sir.

Nomadacris: Let's go!

[They vanish]

[ACME Labs, 3:02pm]

[Tyler watches a live streaming of the convention on the computer]

Tyler: Alvin dueling Kaiba? This I've gotta see.

[Jeb walks up to him]

Jeb: Yo, Mr. S, what's happenin'?

Tyler: Hey, Jeb. Just about to watch a live-streaming duel between Alvin and Seto Kaiba.

Jeb: You mean that rich boy of a duelist with who needs an attitude adjustment?

Tyler: That guy.

Jeb: I don't care much for the K-man, but his cards were rather cool.

Tyler: Yeah. And seeing as he's got new Blue-Eyes cards in his deck, Alvin's gonna need all the support he can get.

[The alarm blares]

Jeb: Whoa! Either that's a break in the reality barrier or Soprano or Prescott's up to no good.

[Tyler opens a channel to Hell's Kitchen; the powered-up Sacerus and Nomadacris frighten and assault civilians]

Tyler: Definitely the latter. Soprano's Neo-Invectids: Sacerus and Nomadacris. Soprano must've given them a serious makeover. [pushes the intercom] Spider Riders, report to ACME Labs, stat!

[Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, Magma, and Igneous enter]

Corona: Yes, Mr. Steele. What's happening?

Aqune: [looks at the monitor] Is that Sacerus and Nomadacris in Hell's Kitchen?

Sparkle: Some face-lift.

Tyler: With more power than ever. Soprano transformed them into Mega Mutants. They're gonna be very difficult to defeat, especially without Hunter or Alvin while they're occupied at the convention. But I'll get in touch with Hunter and the Gladiators in case you need them.

Magma: We're on it, sir.

Igneous: Let's do this!

Corona: Let's ride!

[She and the other Riders exit]

[Hell's Kitchen, 3:10pm]

[The 6 Spider Riders (now transformed) ride into the scene]

Sacerus: Ah! The Spider Riders! Perfect timing! Too bad there's only six of you.

Nomadacris: Without your leader or the Crimson Rider, you're hopeless.

Corona: Your new looks-- That's a pair of faces only a mother could love.

Sacerus: Leave my mother out of this!

Nomadacris: I don't have a mother!

[He and Sacerus charge at the Spider Riders, who charge back]

Corona: Arrow of Light!

[She fires an arrow at Sacerus, hitting him]

Aqune: Violet Strike!

[She strikes Sacerus w/her sword]

Lumen: Blade of Light!

[He strikes Sacerus w/his blade]

Sparkle: Tornado Swing!

[She strikes Nomadacris w/her attack]

Igneous: Fire Bolt!

[He fires his attack from his lance at Nomadacris, hitting him]

Magma: Morning Star!

[He strikes Nomadacris w/his mace]

Sacerus: Not bad, but now, it's hammer time!

[He slams his hammer to the ground, sending large waves of black lightning at the Spider Riders, hitting them]

Nomadacris: My turn! I'll start with your #2!

[He waves his axe in front of Corona, splitting the front of her uniform open]

Corona: Freakin' sicko!

Aqune: Don't ever rip my sister's uniform like that!

[She whacks Nomadacris in the head w/her sword]

Sacerus: Nomadacris, next time, go for the jugular.

Nomadacris: Just trying to get them to lower their guard, Sacerus.

Corona: Well, it's not gonna work! Platinum Power!

[She and Venus assume Platinum Mode; her uniform is now repaired]

Corona: Spider Rider, Platinum Mode!

Sacerus: How the hell does she do that, fixing her uniform?!

Corona and Venus: Platinum Wave!

[Corona swings her sword, firing a wave of platinum energy at the Neo-Invectids, hitting them]

Lumen: Let's finish 'em!

[Meanwhile, back at the Javits Center, Alvin and Kaiba are on stage, ready for the duel]

Emcee B: Ladies and gentlemen, the exhibition duel between Alvin Seville and Seto Kaiba will commence momentarily. Will the two duelists please cut and shuffle their opponent's deck?

[Alvin and Kaiba hand their decks to each other, then cut and shuffle them; they then swap decks back and return to their positions]

Alvin: Just so you know, Kaiba, I don't plan on going easy on you.

Kaiba: Empty threats from a lucky chipmunk. Now, let's roll to determine who chooses to start off.

[He and Alvin each roll a die; Alvin's comes up 6; Kaiba's comes up 5]

Alvin: 6-5 in my favor. I'll let you go first, Kaiba.

Kaiba: Very well.

Alvin and Kaiba: Duel disks, engage!

[They activate their duel disks]

Alvin and Kaiba: Duel gazers, ready!

[Everyone puts on their duel gazers; the field on the stage transforms into that of a colosseum]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

[Alvin and Kaiba each draw their first 5 cards]

Alvin and Kaiba: Let's duel!

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Kaiba: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

Kaiba: [places a card] For my first turn, I'll activate Cards of Consonance! By discarding a Dragon-type Tuner monster from my hand with up to 1,000 attack points, I get to draw two new cards. [discards a card; draws two cards] I'll discard The White Stone of Ancients and draw two cards. [places another card] Now, I summon Maiden With Eyes of Blue!

[Maiden With Eyes of Blue appears]

[LV: 1
ATK: 0]

Rebecca: I remember when you got me a copy of that card for my 16th birthday, Yugi.

Yugi: And I'm sure you remember the Maiden's special powers.

Kaiba: Don't be fooled by her 0 attack points, Seville. Her strengths are hidden from sight. [discards a card] But they're about to unfold as I discard Sage With Eyes of Blue to activate his effect. I'll target an effect monster I control and send it to the graveyard to special-summon a Blue-Eyes monster from my deck. But that's not all. Because my Maiden With Eyes of Blue is targeted by a card effect, I can activate her effect to special-summon a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my hand, deck, or graveyard.

[The Maiden vanishes; in her place appears two rays of blue light]

Kaiba: When the powers of my Maiden and Sage with Eyes of Blue join together, they bring forth incredible might! Come forth, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, times two!

[Two Blue-Eyes White Dragons emerge from the rays of light and roar ferociously]

[LV: 8
ATK: 3,000]

Alvin: Two Blue-Eyes in one turn?!

Kaiba: By the end of this turn, it'll be three. You see, Seville, during the end phase of a turn in which my White Stone of Ancients is sent to the graveyard, I get to special-summon a Blue-Eyes monster from my deck. [sets two cards] I set two cards and end my turn, which means it's time to greet my third Blue-Eyes White Dragon!

[His third Blue-Eyes appears and roars]

Joey: Check it out! All three Blue-Eyes White Dragons on the first turn!

Mokuba: Seto's new cards can really come in handy, y'know.

Sora: Layla, do you think Alvin can still pull off a miracle?

Layla: Hard to know, Sora.

Alvin: I'm actually impressed, Kaiba, you summoning all three Blue-Eyes straight from your deck on your first turn. I take it next turn you plan on using Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon against me, like you did last time. But it won't work this time. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I'll start by activating One for One! [discards a card] I discard a monster from my hand to special-summon a level-1 monster from my hand or deck. [places a card from his deck] I special-summon The Black Stone of Legend!

[The Black Stone of Legend appears]

[LV: 1
DEF: 0]

Kaiba: You mean to tell me that--?

Alvin: That's right. I tribute the stone to activate its effect and special-summon a level-7 or lower Red-Eyes monster from my deck. [places a card from his deck]

[The stone vanishes, and in its place appears...]

Alvin: Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

[Red-Eyes roars]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,400]

Kaiba: Please. You may have your own copy of Wheeler's wimpy Red-Eyes, but he's no match for any of my Blue-Eyes.

Alvin: That's where a friend of his comes in, Kaiba. [places another card] I activate Ancient Rules! [places another card] I special-summon my second Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

[His second Red-Eyes appears]

Kaiba: [in his mind] He's got two?! How dare he!

Alvin: Now, I overlay my level-7 Red-Eyes Black Dragons to build the Overlay Network!

[His Red-Eyes Black Dragons convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Alvin: I'm taking control of this duel by Xyz-summoning a ferocious metallic dragon like nothing you've ever seen before! [places a card from his Extra Deck] Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon!

[Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network and roars]

[RANK: 7
ATK: 2,800]

Alvin: While Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon has Overlay Units, you can't destroy him with card effects, and each time you activate a card effect, you take 500 points of damage after it resolves. [places another card] Next, I activate the Spell: Xyz Unit! I'll equip this card to my Red-Eyes and give him 200 attack points times his rank: 7. That's 1,400!

[Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon gets equipped w/said card]

[ATK: 4,200]

Alvin: Now he's 1,200 stronger than any of your Blue-Eyes White Dragons! Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, attack the Blue-Eyes in the middle with Flash Flare Xyz Blast!

[Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon fires his attack at the Blue-Eyes in the middle]

Kaiba: I activate my Trap: [reveals face-down] Negate Attack!

[The attack is negated]

[Kaiba gets struck w/damage]

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 1)
Kaiba: 3,500 (Hand: 1)]

Kaiba: Your dragon's attack is negated, and the battle phase is over.

Alvin: By activating Negate Attack, you just took 500 points of damage from my dragon's effect.

Kaiba: A small price to pay to save my dragons.

Alvin: [sets a card] Well, maybe for this turn, but I promise, they won't last. Your move.

Kaiba: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Polymerization! With this card, I fuse my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons together!

[His Blue-Eyes White Dragons fuse together]

Kaiba: I Fusion-summon... BLUE-EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON!!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon appears and roars ferociously]

[LV: 12
ATK: 4,500]

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 0)
Kaiba: 3,000 (Hand: 1)]

Alvin: I knew it.

Kaiba: My Ultimate Dragon has more than enough attack points to take out your Red-Eyes. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, attack Seville's dragon with Neutron Blast!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon fires his attack at Red-Eyes]

Alvin: [reveals face-down] I activate my Trap: Zero Gravity!

[Both dragons switch into defense mode, stopping the attack]

[RED-EYES FLARE METAL DRAGON:
DEF: 2,400]

[BLUE-EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON:
DEF: 3,800]

Alvin: This card switches the battle positions of all monsters on the field. My Red-Eyes is perfectly safe for the time being.

Kaiba: [sets another card] You got lucky yet again, Seville. I set another card and end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! Now, to switch my Red-Eyes back into attack mode.

[Red-Eyes switches back into attack mode]

Alvin: Red-Eyes, burn his Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon to the ground with Flash Flare Xyz Blast!

[Red-Eyes fires his attack at Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon]

Kaiba: I activate my Trap Card: [reveals face-down] Shadow Spell!

[Red-Eyes becomes bound by chains; Kaiba gets struck w/damage again]

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 1)
Kaiba: 2,500 (Hand: 1)]

ATK: 3,500]

Kaiba: Your dragon loses 700 attack points and is no longer able to attack or switch his battle position.

Alvin: You know, you're making a big mistake activating card effects while my dragon has Overlay Units. At least 5 more card effects will cost you the duel.

Kaiba: As if I'm afraid of small bits of damage.

Alvin: [sets a card] I set this card, then end my turn. [in his mind] My Trap Card: Red-Eyes Burn, should do the trick. Once Kaiba destroys my Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon with his Ultimate Dragon, both he and I will take 2,800 points of damage. I'll still have 200 left, but that's far more than he can spare.

Kaiba: [draws] I draw! I switch my Ultimate Dragon back into attack mode. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, attack and destroy his Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon with Neutron Blast Attack!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon fires his attack at Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 0)
Kaiba: 2,500 (Hand: 2)]

Alvin: This is it! [reveals face-down] I activate my Trap Card: [reveals face-down] Red-Eyes Burn! Because you destroyed my Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, we each take damage equal to his original attack points: 2,800!

Hunter: All right! Alvin's won this!

Kaiba: I activate my Spell Card: [reveals face-down] Ring of Defense! This card reduces the damage a Trap Card deals to 0. Both our life points are safe from your Red-Eyes Burn.

Alvin: Rats! I was gonna win this!

Kaiba: [mocks] "Rats! I was gonna..." [normally] Well, too bad! [sets a card] I set one card and end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] My turn! I draw! [looks at what he just drew] Okay. I'll bite. [places said card] I activate Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. Now, I activate The Black Stone of Legend's effect from my graveyard. [shuffles a card from his graveyard back into his deck, then takes another card from his graveyard] By shuffling my Red-Eyes Black Dragon back into my deck, I can add The Black Stone of Legend back into my hand. [places another card] Next, I activate Red-Eyes Fusion! I think it's time these people got a glimpse of one of my newest Fusion monsters. I fuse Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact from my deck!

[Said monsters appear and fuse together]

Alvin: Dragon of darkness, dragon of space,
join together to become a new ace!

I Fusion-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Meteor Black Comet Dragon!

[Meteor Black Comet Dragon appears and roars]

Kaiba: [claps slowly] Impressive, but he's nowhere near as strong as my Ultimate Dragon.

Alvin: Not yet, but for now, check out my Meteor Black Comet Dragon's effect. When he's Fusion-summoned, I get to send a Red-Eyes monster from my deck to my graveyard and inflict half of it's attack points as damage to you! [sends a card from his deck to his graveyard] I'll send Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to the graveyard to deal you 1,400 points of damage!

[Meteor Black Comet Dragon fires a blast of lava in the shape of Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon at Kaiba, hitting him]

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 2)
Kaiba: 2,600 (Hand: 1)]

Alvin: [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn. Your move.

Sora: I was hoping he'd use Battle Fusion.

Simon: Guess he just didn't draw it, or he would've won.

Kaiba: [draws] You may have finally dealt me some damage, Seville, but your dragon won't last. Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, attack his Meteor Black Comet Dragon with Neutron Blast!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon fires his attack at Meteor Black Comet Dragon]

Alvin: [reveals face-down] I activate the Trap: Dimensional Prison! Your Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon is banished from the duel, Kaiba!

Kaiba: You won't beat my dragon that easily, Seville! [reveals face-down] I activate De-Fusion! Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, split back into three Blue-Eyes White Dragons!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon splits back into three Blue-Eyes White Dragons]

Yugi: One good move after another, one counter strategy after another. These two really have it going.

Layla: But Alvin has the advantage. Kaiba may control three Blue-Eyes each with 3,000 attack points, but Alvin's one monster has 3,500, more than enough to destroy either one of Kaiba's dragons.

Mai: But knowing Kaiba...

Brittany: Don't even think of saying it, Mai. Alvin beat Kaiba before. Don't think he won't do it again.

Kaiba: [sets a card; places another] I set one more card and end my turn by summoning Saggi the Dark Clown!

[Saggi the Dark Clown appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 600]

Alvin: A monster with only 600 attack points? Kaiba, do you have a death wish?! You know that once my Meteor Black Comet Dragon destroys your clown your life points will be reduced to 0!

Kaiba: Just make your move.

Alvin: [draws] Very well. Meteor Black Comet Dragon, attack Saggi the Dark Clown and end this duel!

Kaiba: [laughs] Exactly my plan! [reveals face-down] I activate Crush Card Virus! I tribute Saggi to unleash a virus upon the monsters on your field and in your hand with 1,500 or more attack points!

[Saggi vanishes, and a virus spreads on Alvin's dragon, destroying him]

Yugi: [gasps] That's the same strategy Kaiba used against me in Duelist Kingdom!

[He has a flashback of Duelist Kingdom when Kaiba used Crush Card Virus against Yugi; a bit later, cut back to the present]

Yugi: Crush Card Virus nearly destroyed my deck.

Jeanette: It's a good thing Pegasus changed its effect so it not only limits to opponent's monsters on the field and in their hand and only three of the opponent's choice from their deck, but it also prevents the opponent from taking any damage until the end of the next turn. Alvin should be safe in Kaiba's next turn.

Alvin: I don't have any monsters with at least 1,500 attack points in my hand, but I'm aware that I must also send three monsters from my deck with 1,500 or more attack points to my graveyard. [sends three cards from his deck to his graveyard] I choose Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier, Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon, and Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning.

Kaiba: My only regret is how Pegasus changed Crush Card Virus' effect a year and a half ago. That effect could've completely won a lot of duels.

Alvin: Unfortunately, he got a lot of complaint letters about the old effect, and seeing as he has a policy against banning cards from tournaments, he had to do something to make sure it's still usable, but fair to all duelists. Besides, last time you tried Crush Card Virus on me, back when its effect was almost deadly, I was able to counterract it.

Kaiba: Too bad for you it didn't work today. You've lost your best monster.

Alvin: Um, hello? I didn't say my dragon was my best monster. Oh, and by the way, because you destroyed Meteor Black Comet Dragon, you activated his other effect, letting me special-summon a normal monster from my graveyard. Red-Eyes Black Dragon, I special-summon you back to the field in defense mode!

[Red-Eyes Black Dragon reappears]

[LV: 7
DEF: 2,000]

Alvin: [sets a card] I set another card and end my turn.

Kaiba: [draws] My move! I may not be able to get at your life points this turn, but I'll make your precious Red-Eyes suffer! Blue-Eyes White Dragon, attack his Red-Eyes with White Lightning!

[One of his Blue-Eyes fires his attack at Red-Eyes]

Alvin: I activate my Trap Card: [reveals face-down] Drowning Mirror Force! This card stops your attack and washes all your monsters in attack mode back into your deck!

[A tidal wave crashes upon Kaiba's dragons, transporting them back into Kaiba's deck]

Alvin: It's a sad state of affairs, Kaiba, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Kaiba: You'll pay for that, Seville! [sets a monster] I set this monster and end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] My turn! Red-Eyes, attack Kaiba's face-down monster with Inferno Fire Blast!

[Red-Eyes charges at Kaiba's set monster and slices it, revealing it to be Cyber Jar]

[LV: 3
DEF: 900]

Alvin: Cyber Jar!

Kaiba: That's right, Seville! That means all monsters are destroyed!

[Cyber Jar sucks Red-Eyes inside, then explodes]

Kaiba: [takes the 5 cards on top of his deck] Next, we each excavate the top 5 cards of our deck and special-summon all level-4 or lower monsters among them. [reveals his cards] I reveal Mausoleum of White, Pot of Greed, Master With Eyes of Blue, The Flute of Summoning Dragon, and Priestess With Eyes of Blue. I'll summon my Master and Priestess to the field in defense mode and add the rest of the cards to my hand.

[Said monsters appear]

[MASTER WITH EYES OF BLUE:
LV: 1
DEF: 1,200]

[PRIESTESS WITH EYES OF BLUE:
LV: 1
DEF: 0]

Alvin: [reveals the top 5 cards of his deck] I reveal Beginning Knight, Evening Twilight Knight, Silent Magician Level 4, Silent Magician, and Silent Burning. I'll special-summon the former three in defense mode and add the latter two to my hand.

[Beginning Knight, Evening Twilight Knight, and Silent Magician LV4 appear]

[BEGINNING KNIGHT:
LV: 4

[EVENING TWILIGHT KNIGHT:

[SILENT MAGICIAN LV4:
DEF: 1,000]

Alvin: I'll end my battle phase, then tribute Silent Magician Level 4 to special-summon this beauty. [places another card]

[Silent Magician LV4 vanishes, and in her place appears...]

Alvin: The real Silent Magician!

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,000]

Marion: I've never seen Alvin use that card before.

Serenity: That's another one of the new cards he added to his deck the other day.

Mia: But why didn't he summon that monster with Cyber Jar's effect?

Téa: Silent Magician can only be special-summoned by tributing a Spellcaster-type monster, and by no other means. But there's more to this magician than just that.

Yugi: Yeah. Once per turn, if a Spell Card is activated, Alvin can negate it. So the next time Kaiba activates a Spell Card that fuses his Blue-Eyes, Alvin will counter it.

Rebecca: But that's not all. Silent Magician gains 500 attack points for each card in Alvin's hand. Alvin currently has three, so his magician now has 2,500 attack points.

[SILENT MAGICIAN:
ATK: 2,500]

Alvin: [sets two cards] I set two cards before ending my turn. That unfortunately reduces my magician's attack points to 1,500.

[SILENT MAGICIAN:
ATK: 1,500]

Alvin: Your move.

Kaiba: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Pot of Greed! This card lets me draw two new cards.

Alvin: Not this time! I activate Silent Magician's effect. Once per turn, during either of our turns, I negate a Spell Card that just activated and destroy it!

[Pot of Greed is destroyed]

Kaiba: Neat trick, but it won't do any good. [places a Field Spell Card] Now, I activate the Field Spell Card: Mausoleum of White!

[The field transforms into that of said card]

Kaiba: Enjoy the scenery while this duel lasts, Seville. During my main phase, I can normal-summon one level-1 Light Tuner monster from my hand in addition to what I usually normal-summon. Plus, once per turn, I can send a normal monster from my hand or deck to the graveyard and target one of my effect monsters to give it 100 attack points times the level of the monster I sent to the graveyard until the end of this turn. [sends a card from his deck to his graveyard] I'll send one of my Blue-Eyes White Dragons from my deck to my graveyard and target Priestess With Eyes of Blue. And because my Priestess is targeted, I'll send my Master With Eyes of Blue to the graveyard and add two Blue-Eyes cards from my deck to my hand.

[Master With Eyes of Blue vanishes; Kaiba takes two cards from his deck:]

Kaiba: Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon. Now my Priestess With Eyes of Blue has 800 attack points.

[PRIESTESS WITH EYES OF BLUE:
ATK: 800]

Kaiba: Next, I'll activate the effect of Master With Eyes of Blue in my graveyard. [shuffles a card from his graveyard back into his deck] By shuffling him back into my deck, I can send an effect monster I control to the graveyard and special-summon a Blue-Eyes monster from my graveyard. I send my Priestess With Eyes of Blue to the graveyard to special-summon my Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard!

[Priestess With Eyes of Blue vanishes, and in her place appears a Blue-Eyes White Dragon]

Kaiba: Now, I'm about to show you a monster unlike anything you've ever seen before. [reveals a card in his hand] All I've gotta do is reveal a Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand, then special-summon this monster! [places another card] Behold, my brand-new Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon!

[Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon appears and roars]

Alvin: Awesome!

Kaiba: While Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon is on the field, it's treated as a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. And once per turn, instead of attacking, it can destroy any monster you control. But I'll worry about that later. [places another card] Right now, I summon Lord of Dragons!

[Lord of Dragons appears]

ATK: 1,200]

Alvin: Uh-oh! I know what cards you're gonna use next!

Kaiba: That's right. [places another card] I activate The Flute of Summoning Dragon!

Alvin: I knew it.

Kaiba: [places two more cards] Come forth, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, times two!

[Two more Blue-Eyes White Dragons appear]

Alvin: So, technically, you now control four Blue-Eyes White Dragons?!

Kaiba: That's right, Seville. Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, I activate your effect to destroy Seville's Beginning Knight!

[Blue-Eyes Alternative fires a blast at Beginning Knight, destroying him]

Kaiba: Unfortunately, the price to pay is its right to attack this turn. But that won't matter. As soon as my first two Blue-Eyes wipe out your remaining monsters, my third Blue-Eyes will finish you off! Blue-Eyes White Dragon #1, attack Evening Twilight Knight!

[His first Blue-Eyes fires his attack at Evening Twilight Knight, destroying him]

Kaiba: #2, attack Silent Magician!

[His second Blue-Eyes fires his attack at Silent Magician]

Alvin: I activate my Quick-Play Spell: [reveals face-down] Silent Burning! If I have more cards in my hand than you do during battle while I control a Silent Magician monster, we each get to draw until our hands each hold 6 cards, and you can't negate this effect. Since I have one card in my hand and your hand's empty, draw away. [draws 5 cards]

Kaiba: [draws 6 cards] Thanks for the free cards, not that I'll need them.

Alvin: Oh, you might. You see, Kaiba, now that I have 6 cards in my hand, Silent Magician has 4,000 attack points!

[SILENT MAGICIAN:
ATK: 4,000]

Alvin: More than enough to take out your Blue-Eyes! Silent Magician, counterattack him with Silent Burning Attack!

[Silent Magician fires her attack at the attacking Blue-Eyes, destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 6)
Kaiba: 1,600 (Hand: 6)]

Kaiba: I'll make you regret destroying my Blue-Eyes! [places a card] I activate Soul Absorption! From now on, each time a card is banished, this card gives me 500 life points for each one. Why would I need this card? [places another card] Because I have this: Pot of Desires! By banishing the top 10 cards of my deck face-down, I draw two new cards. [does so] And 10 banished cards means 5,000 life points!

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 6)
Kaiba: 6,600 (Hand: 6)]

Luci: 1,600 to 6,600?! That's not fair!

Ken: I don't like Pot of Desires, either, Luci, but that's what the text on the card says.

Yugi: Kaiba always manages to find a way to bounce back in a duel.

Luci: Give that well-off wisenheimer heck, Alvin!

Kaiba: Seville, your little cheering section doesn't harm me, so why should it lift your spirits?

Alvin: Because, Kaiba, they have faith in me, as I do in my cards. So what if you have more than 6,000 life points now? I'll find a way to get around that. Who knows? I might even deck you out before I drop you to 0.

Kaiba: Try me. [places a card] I activate Silver's Cry! This card lets me special-summon a normal dragon from my graveyard. Come back to me, Blue-Eyes White Dragon!

[His recently-destroyed Blue-Eyes reappears]

Kaiba: Now, to perform a Contact Fusion!

Alvin: Contact Fusion?!

Kaiba: A Contact Fusion is a type of special-summoning by using two or more monsters to special-summon a certain Fusion monster from my Extra Deck. I fuse two of my Blue-Eyes White Dragons together!

[Two of his Blue-Eyes fuse together]

Kaiba: Behold, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon!

[Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 10

Alvin: A two-headed Blue-Eyes? I've never seen a monster like that before.

Kaiba: It's high time you did, Seville. Now, I'll do the same with my Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon!

[Said monsters fuse together to form another Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon]

Joey: Whoa! He's got two?!

Tristan: This doesn't look good for Alvin.

Kaiba: Each of these Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragons can attack two monsters each battle phase, and whatever monster they attack and fail to destroy in battle is banished at the end of the damage step. Plus, they can't be destroyed in battle. But that's not all. While Lord of Dragons is on the field, you can't target my dragons with card effects. You still think you can win? I doubt that. [sets two cards] I end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] You're one to talk. Need I remind you that I now have 7 cards in my hand as of this draw phase?

[SILENT MAGICIAN:

Alvin: Silent Magician, attack Lord of Dragons with Silent Burning Attack!

[Silent Magician fires her attack at Lord of Dragons, destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 7)
Kaiba: 3,300 (Hand: 3)]

Alvin: There goes a huge chunk of your life points, Kaiba.

Kaiba: [reveals face-down] I activate Damage Condenser! [discards a card] I discard Master With Eyes of Blue from my hand to special-summon a monster from my deck in attack mode whose attack points are equal to or less than the amount of battle damage I took. [places a card from his deck] I special-summon La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,800]

Kaiba: Now that my genie's on the field, I activate my Trap Card: [reveals face-down] Soul Demolition! By paying 500 life points, we each banish a monster from our opponent's graveyard. I'll use the effect 7 times, so we each banish 7 monsters from each other's graveyards!

Alvin: I'll banish all three of your Blue-Eyes White Dragons, Priestess With Eyes of Blue, Cyber Jar, Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon, and Lord of Dragons.

Kaiba: I'll banish your Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier, your two Red-Eyes Black Dragons, Meteor Black Comet Dragon, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and Silent Magician Level 4. That means that after paying 500 life points each time, I gain 1,000 life points for those two banished cards, so I've gained a profit of 3,500 life points!

[LP:
Alvin: 3,000 (Hand: 7)
Kaiba: 6,800 (Hand: 2)]

Alvin: You'll regret this, Kaiba.

Kaiba: Well, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, Seville.

Alvin: Not for long. [sets five cards] I set 5 cards and end my turn.

[SILENT MAGICIAN:
ATK: 2,000]

Kaiba: Looks like someone's desperate. But I assure you, Seville, this is one duel you can't win!

[Cut back to the battle; the Spider Riders charge at the Neo-Invectids]

Lumen: Spider Rider, Mega Gold!

Sparkle: Spider Rider, Mega Blue!

[They and their Battle Spiders power up]

Lumen: Arachna Ray!

[He fires a gold blast from his ray at Sacerus, hitting him]

Sparkle: [strikes Nomadacris w/her lance] Blue Impulse!

[Both Neo-Invectids scream and hit the ground]

Sacerus: You think you've won? We'll see!

[They soon reenergize]

Nomadacris: Hey! What's this?

Sacerus: I don't know, but whatever it is, our strength's returning! [laughs maniacally] Now nothing can stop us!

[Cut back to Soprano's base]

Soprano: Argon, is this your doing?

Argon: I regret to say that it's the work of one of Prescott Vorstein's newest Demon Rider: Chris Mendez. He reprogrammed Seto Kaiba's duel disk to power up our Neo-Invectids each time Kaiba deals Alvin damage and gains life points during the duel.

Soprano: Prescott, backing us up?

Argon: This could be some sort of trick, but unfortunately, this was all the information I could gather. I don't know Prescott's true intent, but we should be careful.

Soprano: Trick or no trick, those Spider Riders still don't stand a chance. Make Sacerus and Nomadacris grow right now.

Argon: Right! Initiating now!

[His third eye glows]

[Back at Hell's Kitchen, Sacerus and Nomadacris grow giant-sized]

Corona: I was afraid this would happen. [to her manacle] Hunter, do you copy?

Hunter: What's happening?

Corona: Soprano's Neo-Invectids are now Mega Mutants, and although we had them beat, they somehow reenergized, and now they've grown. We need your help.

Hunter: But what about Alvin?

Corona: You'll have to leave him to his duel. But bring in the Kaleido Gladiators.

[Cut back to the convention center]

Hunter: Roger! Over and out! [to Sora's group] Gladiators, there's a battle raging outside. The others need us.

Layla: But what about Alvin?

Hunter: We'll have to go without him until his duel's over.

Brittany: Alvin, there's an emergency outside! Meet us after the duel's over!

Alvin: Okay, but be careful!

[Hunter, Sora, Layla, Marion, May, Rosetta, Brittany, Mia, Anna, and Sarah exit the convention center]

Kaiba: What's happening out there?

Alvin: I think you should focus more on this duel and less on the spectators.

Kaiba: You're right, Seville, for once. [draws] I draw!

Alvin: Perfect opportunity to activate my Trap: [reveals face-down] Full House!

Kaiba: What?!

Alvin: This card destroys two face-up Spell or Trap Cards and three face-down Spell or Trap Cards. I'll target three of my face-downs and two of your face-ups: Soul Absorption and Soul Demolition!

[Said cards are destroyed (Alvin's destroyed set cards were two copies of Statue of the Wicked and Wild Tornado)]

Simon: He wasted three of his cards just to stop Kaiba from gaining anymore life points?

Yugi: You didn't even notice the three set cards Alvin destroyed, Simon.

Kaiba: So what if I won't gain anymore life points? You've wasted your own cards.

Alvin: Wasted, eh? Two of my set cards were each a copy of Statue of the Wicked, and when they're destroyed, I get to special-summon a Wicked Token for each one!

[Two Wicked Tokens appear]

DEF: 1,000]

Alvin: Plus, the third set card I destroyed was Wild Tornado. If that card is destroyed, I get to destroy any face-up card on the field. Time to blow one of your Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragons away!

[One of Kaiba's Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragons gets caught in a giant tornado and is destroyed]

Kaiba: How dare you outplay me! La Jinn, attack one of his Wicked Tokens!

[La Jinn fires his attack at one of the Wicked Tokens, destroying it]

Kaiba: Now, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, attack the other token, then attack Silent Magician! Twin White Lightning Attack!

[Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon fires his attack at the other Wicked Token, destroying it; he then fires at Silent Magician]

Alvin: [reveals face-down] I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Half Unbreak! This card saves my magician's hide and cuts the battle damage I take in half!

[Silent Magician becomes encased in a bubble, which shields her from the attack; Alvin gets blasted with half the damage]

[LP:
Alvin: 2,500 (Hand: 2)
Kaiba: 6,800 (Hand: 3)]

Kaiba: Unfortunately, you're still about to lose your magician. Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon's effect banishes any monster he attacks and fails to destroy from the field.

[Silent Magician gets blasted with the remnants of Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon's attack and is banished]

Alvin: Silent Magician! How dare you!

Kaiba: You may still have life points left, but your field is now empty. Still think you can win? I don't think so.

Alvin: I won't give up, Kaiba! Count on that!

[Cut back to the Hell's Kitchen battle; the Turbo Spider, Thunder Spider, Black Widow, Platinum Pardosa, Mega Star Borg, and MechaBeetle fight the giant Neo-Invectids]

Sacerus: I still can't understand why our power levels are rising, but it feels great! [strikes the Thunder Spider w/his hammer]

Nomadacris: [strikes the Mega Star Borg w/his axe] Yeah! I feel good like I knew I would!

Layla: Phoenix Knuckle!

[The Mega Star Borg strikes Nomadacris w/its Phoenix fist]

Nomadacris: [kicks the Mega Star Borg] I'll make you regret that!

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit w/the uniformed core Gladiators]

Layla: Those two really get on my nerves!

Sora: Fire the shoulder cannons!

[Outside, the Mega Star Borg fires its shoulder cannons at Sacerus, who blocks with his hammer]

Sacerus: Weak!

[The Turbo Spider and Thunder Spider strike him w/their weapons]

Sacerus: Me and my big mouth!

Aqune: Jet Punch!

[The Black Widow jumps up, spins around, and strikes Nomadacris w/its fists]

Corona: Arrow of Light!

[The Platinum Pardosa fires an arrow at Nomadacris, who knocks it back w/his axe]

Hunter: What's making these guys stronger?

Shadow: I don't know, Hunter, but it's not good.

[Cut back to the duel]

Kaiba: [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn, not that I'll need it.

Alvin: [draws] You may have cleared my field, but that doesn't mean I'll give up. [places a card] I activate Dimension Fusion! I pay 2,000 life points, and we each special-summon our banished monsters. I special-summon Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Meteor Black Comet Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier!

[Said monsters reappear]

[RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON:
LV: 7

[METEOR BLACK COMET DRAGON:
LV: 8

[RED-EYES DARKNESS METAL DRAGON:
LV: 10

[BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - SACRED SOLDIER:
LV: 8

[LP:
Alvin: 500 (Hand: 2)
Kaiba: 6,800 (Hand: 2)]

Kaiba: I special-summon my three Blue-Eyes White Dragons back to the field.

[All three Blue-Eyes White Dragons reappear]

Alvin: There's more. When I special-summon my Sacred Soldier, I get to add one of my banished Light or Dark monsters back to my hand and banish any one of your cards. [takes a card from his banished zone] I return my Silent Magician to my hand, and your Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon is banished!

[Sacred Soldier fires a blast from his blade at Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, banishing it]

Kaiba: Oh, no!

Alvin: Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier, attack La Jinn with Sacred Blade!

Kaiba: Not so fast, Seville! [reveals face-down] I activate Threatening Roar! Now your monsters can't attack me this turn.

Alvin: [sets a card] You'll live to regret that, Kaiba. Make your move.

Kaiba: [draws] I draw! Now it's time to take on a brand-new variety of Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. [places another card] I activate Polymerization! I fuse my three Blue-Eyes together!

[All three of his dragons fuse together]

Kaiba: Come forth and arise anew, Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!

[Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 12

Alvin: Awesome sauce! But what makes this dragon better than the original Ultimate Dragon?

Kaiba: Up to twice per turn, if this monster is the only face-up card I control at the end of the damage step in which he attacked, I can send a Blue-Eyes Fusion monster from my Extra Deck to my graveyard and have this monster attack again. But seeing as you have only 500 life points left, I don't need it! Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, attack his soldier and wipe out the rest of his life points!

[Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon prepares to fire]

[Cut back to Soprano's base; Soprano has seen the whole duel, as well as the Neo-Invectid fight]

Soprano: Yes, Kaiba. Just this one attack will raise Sacerus and Nomadacris' powers to the max! ACME Crime Net is as good as history!

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen the whole duel, as well as the Neo-Invectid fight]

Prescott: A shame the duel has to end so soon, but once Alvin's life points hit 0, the Neo-Invectids' energy levels will climb so high, they'll surely destroy ACME, as well as themselves. [snickers]

[Cut back to the duel]

Kaiba: NEO NEUTRON BLAST!!!

[Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon fires his attack at Black Luster Soldier - Sacred Soldier]

Alvin: Kaiba...!

Narrator: Will Alvin withstand Kaiba's Ultimate Dragon's attack, or will the Neo-Invectids succeed in destroying our heroes? Find out next time on ACME Crime Net!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tyler: Alvin, I've just run a scan. It turns out that every time Kaiba gains life points and deals you damage, the Neo-Invectids' power rises.

Ken: You have to stop the duel now!

Kaiba: I refuse to end this prematurely after all the publicity!

Prescott: Go ahead and surrender, Alvin, but once your life point counter reaches 0, the Neo-Invectids will have maximum power and will surely destroy your friends.

Alvin: If Kaiba won't stop the duel, then neither will I! I'll make sure I win this duel!

Sacerus: It's the beginning of your end, Spider Riders and Kaleido Gladiators! Sayonara!

Kaiba: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Alvin vs. Kaiba: Round 2 Pt. 2.

Alvin: Vigilance, Dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/01/2019 10:08 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera