ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2016 11:06 pm  #1

Side-Fic 242: The Wedding

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Hunter: Hey, everybody! It's almost showtime!

Corona: So make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Hunter and Corona: Time to say "I do"!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Cut to Soprano's base; Soprano consults with Militia]

Soprano: On the day of Hunter Steele's wedding, you will infiltrate at the time the preacher says "speak now"--

Militia: "...or forever hold your peace". But I don't know when he says the line.

Soprano: I'll signal you. And once I do, shout "I object!".

Militia: Understood, sir.

Soprano: You had better, because if you fail me, Militia, it will be the last time.

Militia: Trust me, there will be no failure. [snickers]

[ACME Labs, Sunday, July 31st, 1:20pm]

[Simon scans the city for any criminal activity]

Simon: No sign of any criminal activity. No Prescott, no Soprano.

Lumen: It's a good thing Tyler let you hold down the fort while he's having a bachelor brunch with Hunter and Ryan.

Alvin: By the way, ladies, how was Corona's bachelorette party last night?

Noia: A blast, Alvin. We surprised Corona with a night at Playland.

Corona: It made me feel as if I was living a Tom Hanks movie. I even took a walk on the beach with Aqune.

Aqune: One last moment of sister bonding before she gets married.

Sparkle: Afterwards, we went to the movies. The Secret Life of Pets. And I really loved that Minions short.

Brittany: It was totally hilarious!

Theodore: I gotta ask Dave to get us tickets to that movie.

[Hunter, Tyler, and Ryan Steele (played by Brad Hawkins) enter the lab with Jeb]

Ryan: WHOO! Best brunch I've ever had. Gotta love it in the Big Apple.

Alvin: Hey, the Steeles are back!

Hunter: Hey, guys!

Ryan: Sorry the bachelor brunch went too long.

Corona: It's okay, Ryan. My bachelorette party ran late, too.

[Slate walks up to Hunter]

Slate: Hunter, welcome back.

Hunter: Slate, I didn't know you'd be coming by.

Slate: Just thought I'd get a glimpse of what HQ is like. My friends back home might wanna know what I've been up to and what I've seen. [extracts his sword from the seath on his back] Plus, I wanted your father to polish my sword.

Tyler: It's no problem, Slate.

[Ryan walks up to Slate]

Ryan: That sword-- Unless I'm mistaken, it's from the Kingdom of Arachna. Gramps told me a lot of stories about the Inner World before he died.

Slate: You're right about the sword.

Ryan: Awesome replica.

Slate: Replica?! I'll have you know that this sword belonged to my father who was given the sword by a former king of Arachna.

Ryan: [scoffs] Yeah, right. [points at Lumen] Next, you'll be telling me that he's the prince of Arachna.

Lumen: Ah! [holds out his hand] Prince Lumen of Arachna. Pleased to meet you, Ryan.

[He and Ryan shake hands]

Sparkle: It's true, Ryan. He is the prince. And I'm his sister, Princess Sparkle.

Ryan: Well, if you're the princess and he's the prince, then who's minding Arachna?

Slate: I was, but Argon attacked and abducted me and other residents of the Inner World, leaving Arachna practically deserted, and here we are now. The others are safe and sound in an out-of-the-way hotel where they can't be detected by Argon or anyone associated with him. If we go back now, Argon will track us down again, so the Outer World is our only safe haven until Argon is eliminated.

Ryan: I'm sorry, Slate.

Slate: No worries. I'm happy here in New York. It's almost like a second home to me.

Ryan: It's great to meet all of my brother's friends from the Inner World.

Aqune: How are J.B. and Kaitlin back in Cross World City?

Ryan: Kaitlin's the same as ever, still workin' at The Underground Voice Daily. And J.B.'s holdin' down the fort at the dojo while I'm gone.

Tyler: Cross World has been very peaceful since you boys got rid of Grimlord.

Alvin: Just a quick question: Where are you gonna hold the wedding?

Hunter: The ceremony takes place 10:00am tomorrow morning at Ladies Pavilion, and the reception takes place at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park.

Corona: The caterers are already there, preparing the food.

Theodore: What'd you guys have in mind for your wedding cake?

Hunter: Half-chocolate, half-vanilla. Now, as for roles and responsibilities, Ryan's my best man, Dad, Simon, Theodore, Lumen, Slate, Igneous, and Magma are the groomsmen, Aqune is Corona's maid of honor, Lady Noia and the Chipettes are the bridesmaids, Alvin's our ring bearer, and Sparkle's our flower girl.

Jeb: What about me?

Hunter: [sighs] All right, Jeb. You can be a groomsman, too.

Jeb: Cool.

Shadow: [from Hunter's manacle] We should invite the rest of the refugees to the wedding, Hunter.

Venus: [from Corona's manacle] Yeah. I'm sure they'd love to see what an Earthen wedding is like.

Hunter: Way ahead of you. They're delighted.

Tyler: It's a good thing Greg gave you two weeks off. You and Corona are gonna need the extra time for your honeymoon. You have anything planned?

Hunter: A Poconos getaway.

Sparkle: But how's your marriage gonna affect your duties as Spider Riders?

Corona: Don't worry, Princess. Once a rider, always a rider.

[The gang continues chatting about Hunter and Corona's future]

[Back at Soprano's base, Militia is hooked up to a machine, which boosts his energy levels]

Argon: Master Soprano, why the power boost? He's already got enough power as is.

Soprano: It's not enough. Just about everyone working with ACME will be at the wedding tomorrow morning, and he'll probably be outmatched. And without R.J.'s book of mutants or the Neo-Invectids, I can only boost Militia's energy.

Gianna: Oh, you can do more than that, Dad. You can send out an army of our old mutants. Plus, Argon still has a little bit the data of the Neo-Invectids in his programming.

Argon: I can create ghost versions of them. It's no problem.

Soprano: I don't appreciate overkill, but if you insist...

R.J.: The mutants I recommend: Triboa, Stone Ogre, Grizzelle, TechnoHare, GigaGuano, BoltBorg, Petripede, Cromia, Weepy the Clown, Devitron, and Gorloc.

Argon: Excellent choices, Master R.J.! Phantom Mutants, Phantom Neo-Invectids, rise!

[His 3rd eye glows; phantom versions of said mutants and Neo-Invectids reappear]

Argon: Now, my phantoms, train for the remainder of the day, for tomorrow, you face all of ACME Crime Net!

R.J.: And to lead them, we have a brand-new Mutant Rider. [snaps his fingers]

[A woman (played by Kether Donohue) enters, smirking]

Gianna: This is Molly Ritter, former waitress and released from Bedford Hills just two months ago.

Soprano: What'd you do that locked you up, Miss Ritter?

Ritter: It's like this, Mr. Falco. It started 10 years ago in Hooters. I finish my shift, then my husband comes by and bitches me out, saying he thinks I'm seeing other guys. I was only in it for the money. He'd been such a jerk ever since we found out he can't have kids. So, Jay and I get into a fight, then I run him over with my car and kill the son of a bitch. Soon, ACME's detectives catch me and shoot me in the head while I'm resisting arrest. [points at a scar on her temple] Just look what they did to me!

Soprano: So they locked you up for murder?

Ritter: Manslaughter. I pleaded out and did 10 years, and after I got out, I tried to sue ACME for police brutality, but the judge threw it out. I tried to get my job back at Hooters, but after that arrest, they wouldn't hire me again. No one would.

Soprano: Well, now that you're our new Mutant Rider, you shall have your revenge against ACME for that scar. Gianna will sell you a Mutant Manacle to help you. $2,000.

Ritter: But I don't have that kind of money.

Soprano: Then she'll give you one.

Gianna: Hold on, Dad. [extracts a Mutant Manacle] This is the last unreserved Mutant Manacle we've got. We spent a lot of money on this new base and repairing Argon. We hardly have enough left for anymore manacles. You can't expect us to give this last one away for free.

Soprano: We've wasted enough money on ineffectual weaponry, Gianna. Give her the manacle now.

Gianna: [hands Ritter the last Mutant Manacle] Fine. Here you go.

Ritter: Thank you.

Gianna: And don't you screw it up, or you're dead.

Ritter: Just try.

Soprano: Your duty is to attack ACME in Central Park where Hunter Steele's wedding takes place tomorrow. Militia and my army of mutants will assist you.

Ritter: This should be cake.

Soprano: Once I give the signal, start the attack, and destroy ACME. Alto and Mavis will be avenged, and we'll make sure of that!

[All in the base laugh maniacally]

[Central Park, Monday, August 1st, 9:50am]

[In Hunter's dressing room, Hunter has his tuxedo vest and necktie on; there is a knock at the door]

Hunter: Come in.

[Alvin enters]

Alvin: Hi, Hunter.

Hunter: [grabs his jacket] 'Sup, Alvin?

Alvin: [hands Hunter a flower] Got you something for your buttonhole.

Hunter: Thanks, little buddy. [places the flower in his jacket's buttonhole, then puts on his jacket] Now, you remember your ring-bearing duties?

Alvin: I've got it down pat. Trust me, I've been the ring bearer twice before. The first time was when Yugi and Téa got married, and the second was when Jaden and Alexis got married.

Hunter: Then I must've made the right choice. Thank God. [sighs]

Alvin: You feeling okay?

Hunter: Yeah. Just thinkin' about Corona. I can hardly believe it. 7 years ago, when I first arrived at the Inner World, she was the first friend I ever met there. Our bond grew stronger as time went by, even though I also spent time with Aqune. Three years later, my fellow Spider Riders and I get a message from Lily.

[Kingdom of Arachna, Inner World, December 1st, 2012]

[Hunter, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, Igneous, and Magma, along with their Battle Spiders, stand before Lily]

Lily: Spider Riders, your heroism is needed once again.

Hunter: But we already defeated the Invectids.

Corona: And there's no sign of any danger around here, or anywhere else in the Inner World.

Lily: It's not the Inner World. The Outer World is in grave danger. [shows a vision of Seymour Wellsworth's actions in New York City] New York City requires your assistance.

Sparkle: But, Lily, we can't just leave you.

Lily: You must, or the Outer World will be in jeopardy. It's time Hunter Steele's dimension got word of the heroic Spider Riders.

Hunter: I'm in.

Corona: If Hunter's going, then so am I.

Aqune: Me, too.

Magma: I've always wanted to see what Hunter's dimension is like.

Igneous: It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to the Inner World.

Sparkle: Lumen?

Lumen: [frowns] I may be the prince of Arachna, but I'm also a Spider Rider. I can't be selfish. Lily, tell Slate and his troops to mind the kingdom while we're away.

Lily: Yes, Your Highness.

Hunter: There's just one thing I need to ask. Where can we find a portal leading to New York?

[Cut to a cave; the gang comes across a portal]

Hunter: Well, guys, this is it. I'm finally going home.

Corona: Let's go.

[The gang jumps into the portal]

[Cut back to the present]

Hunter: Even after Wellsworth was defeated, we didn't wanna go back. And I don't know if we ever will. Maybe for a vacation.

Alvin: Well, I, for one, would like to see what the Inner World is like one day.

Hunter: I promise, Al, when we finally get the chance to go, you'll be the first to know. I'm really proud to have you as my best male friend.

Alvin: Ditto, brah.

[They embrace]

Hunter: Come on. The altar awaits.

[They exit]

[Cut to Corona's dressing room; Corona, in her wedding gown and her hair down, puts on light lip gloss]

Aqune: [brushes Corona's hair] Are you sure you wanna keep your hair down?

Corona: Just for the wedding, Aqune. I'll have it tied into a ponytail again tomorrow. [sighs]

Aqune: What's the matter? Tense about the wedding?

Corona: A little. But then again, a lot of brides are like this on their wedding day.

Aqune: Hey, if Hunter asked me to marry him, I'd be in the same boat.

Corona: [giggles] Speaking of you, sis, remember, you're gonna be Hunter's mistress. After our honeymoon, we get to share him.

Aqune: I'm looking forward to it. The three of us under the same roof, under the same covers--

Corona: But I'll be the one bearing his children.

Aqune: Don't worry. I'll be prepared.

Corona: I'm glad to have you as my maid of honor, Aqune. I love you so much.

Aqune: I love you, too, Corona.

[They embrace]

Aqune: Ready to walk down that aisle?

Corona: More than ever.

[She puts on her shoes and wedding veil, grabs her bridal bouquet, and the two sisters exit]

[Ladies Pavilion, 10:00am]

[All ACME detectives are in their seats, including Greg and the Chief; as are the refugees of the Inner World and the Battle Spiders; Hunter, Aqune, the Chipmunks, the Chipettes, Lumen, Noia, Igneous, Magma, Jeb, and Ryan await at the shelter with Reverend Jeffrey Sorensen (played by W. Earl Brown); a string quartet plays a light tune as Sparkle walks down the aisle throwing flowers; Lumen smiles at her sister; as Sparkle is done, she joins Aqune and the bridesmaids]

Noia: [whispers] Good job, Sparkle.

Sparkle: [winks; whispers] Thanks. That was too easy.

[The quarter plays the wedding march; everyone stands up as Corona walks down the aisle and enters the shelter; Hunter removes the veil]

Rev. Jeffrey: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join Hunter and Corona in holy matrimony. On behalf of these two, I welcome you all to witness and celebrate their commitment to their union.

[Cut back to Soprano's base; Soprano has seen the whole wedding]

Rev. Jeffrey: If anyone knows a reason why these two shouldn't be wed, let them speak now, or forever hold their peace.

Soprano: [to his walkie-talkie] GO!

[Cut back to the wedding]

Rev. Jeffrey: Anyone? [sighs] Well,...

Militia's voice: I OBJECT!!

[He charges down the aisle; the crowd murmurs]

Greg: It's Militia!

Chief: What's he doing here?!

Rev. Jeff: And who, may I ask, are you, sir, and why do you object to this marriage?

Militia: The name's Militia, and the bride and groom are history!

Hunter: Could you just butt out? This is our wedding day.

Militia: Not a chance. [grabs Corona and holds her at trident-point] Call off this wedding and I'll spare your bride's life.

Corona: Let me go! Hunter, do something!

Hunter: [tries to pull Corona away from Militia] I gotcha, Corona! Guys, I'm gonna need a hand here!

Ash: Pikachu, Quick Attack!

Pikachu: Pika!

[He charges at Militia at lightning speed and strikes him, forcing him to let Corona go; Corona lands in Hunter's arms]

Hunter: You okay?

Corona: Yeah. Thanks, Pikachu!

Pikachu: [gives a thumbs-up sign] Pika-Pika!

Hunter: Spider Riders, it's time to rumble!

Shadow: Battle Spiders, you heard the groom!

[They join their Riders]

All 8 Riders: Arachna Power!

[They all get suited up]

All Spider Riders: Spider Riders!

Noia: Valkyrie Power!

[She gets suited up]

Noia: Vespa Valkyrie!

Militia: Don't think I'm alone in this! Ritter! Phantoms!

[Ritter (in Mutant Rider form) and the phantoms appear alongside an army of Giga STUGs]

Alvin: No way! The Neo-Invectids are back?!

Lumen: And they've brought some old mutants back, too!

Corona: And who's that Mutant Rider with them?

Hunter: Dad, can you ID this woman?

[Tyler notices Ritter's face as she stares at him and the crowd; Tyler looks up Ritter's profile on his iPhone]

Tyler: Another repeat offender: Molly Ritter. Ex-waitress turned husband-killer. Released two months ago. She tried in vain to sue ACME for shooting her on the temple and leaving her with a scar.

Ritter: [points her sword at Tyler] You got a problem with that?

Hunter and Ryan: Hey, you! Leave Dad alone!

[Hunter tosses his lance at Ritter, hitting her and forcing her to drop her sword]

Ritter: Son of a bitch!

[She charges at Hunter, but Ryan kicks her to the ground]

Ryan: You mess with my father and my brother, you mess with me.

[He extracts his Virtualizer from his jacket pocket]

Ryan: I hope this thing still works.

Tyler: Do it, Ryan!

Ryan: Trooper Transform! [raises his Virtualizer] WE ARE VR!

[He transforms into a VR Trooper]

Militia: Inconceivable! A VR Trooper?!

Ryan: That's right, Militia! My brother isn't the only Steele around here with superpowers!

Alvin: Hunter, you didn't tell me your brother had that kind of power!

Brittany: Might as well join in. Gladiators, it's time to suit up!

Layla: She's right. It's gonna take all of us to defeat this army!

Tai: I'm with you!

Takato: Me, too!

Ash: Ready, Pikachu?!

Pikachu: [nods] Pika!

Ash: [tosses another Pokéball] Greninja, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his fully-evolved Greninja]

Greninja: Greninja!

Serena: [tosses a Pokéball] Braixen, you, too!

Clemont: [tosses a Pokéball] Let's go, Luxray!

[Out of their Pokéballs come Serena's Braixen and Clemont's Luxray]

Braixen: Braixen!

Luxray: Luxray!

Bonnie: You want in on this, too, Dedenne?

Dedenne: [pops out of Bonnie's bag] Denne!

Tai: Agumon!

Alvin: Coronamon!

Brittany: Lunamon!

Davis: Veemon!

Ken I.: Wormmon!

All 5: Digivolve!

[Alvin, Brittany, and Tai's Digivices power up their Digimon]

Coronamon: Coronamon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

Lunamon: Lunamon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

Agumon: Agumon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

[They Warp-Digivolve into...]

Apollomon: Apollomon, Twilight Mode!

Dianamon: Dianamon, Blue Moon Mode!

WarGreymon: WarGreymon!

[Davis and Ken's Digivices power up their Digimon]

Veemon: Veemon, Digivolve to...!

Wormmon: Wormmon, Digivolve to...!

[They Digivolve into...]

ExVeemon: ExVeemon!

Stingmon: Stingmon!

ExVeemon and Stingmon: DNA-Digivolve to...!

[They DNA-Digivolve into...]

Paildramon: Paildramon! Paildramon, Mega-Digivolve to...!

[He Digivolves into...]

Imperialdramon: Imperialdramon, Fighter Mode!

Takato, Rika, and Henry: Biomerge, activate!

[Their bodies glow]

Guilmon: Guilmon, Biomerge to...!

Renamon: Renamon, Biomerge to...!

Terriermon: Terriermon, Biomerge to...!

[They and their partners Biomerge into...]

Gallantmon: Gallantmon!

Sakuyamon: Sakuyamon!

MegaGargomon: MegaGargomon!

Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, and Sarah: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: K-1! Golden Phoenix!

[The cry of a phoenix is heard]

Sora: K-2! Angel of Hope!

[Angelic voices are heard]

Rosetta: K-3! Diabolo Fairy!

Marion: K-4! Aqua Blossom!

May: K-5! Demon Blader!

Brittany: K-6! Dove of Dreams!

[The cry of a dove is heard]

Mia: K-7! Platinum Pixie!

Anna H.: K-8! Geo Jester!

Sarah: K-9! Lorikeet of Love!

Layla: Where there is life, there is a heart of justice!

All 9: Kaleido Gladiators!

Ritter: They're everywhere!

Militia: It doesn't matter. We'll destroy them with ease! All of them!

Hunter and Ryan: CHARGE!!

[The gang charges at Militia and his army, who charge right back; a fight breaks out]

Hunter: Hey, STUGs! Meet one of the VR Troopers!

[Ryan fights the STUGs, striking each one w/his VR Laser Saber]

Ryan: You STUGs are a lot easier to get through than Grimlord's Skugs. [fires his laser pistol at the STUGs] Dance!

[His laser beams hit the STUGs]

Hunter: Lance of Light!

[He strikes the STUGs w/his lance, knocking them into each other and destroying them]

Ryan: Way to go, bro!

[He and Hunter hi-five]

Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt! Greninja, Aerial Ace!

Serena: Braixen, Flamethrower!

Clemont: Luxray, Discharge!

[Their Pokémon strike the Phantom Mutants w/their attacks]

WarGreymon: Mega Claw!

[He strikes Sacerus w/his claws]

Gallantmon: Lightning Joust!

[He fires his attack at Sacerus, hitting him]

Apollomon: Phoebus Blow!

[He strikes Sacerus w/his flaming fist]

Dianamon: Arrow of Artemis!

Sakuyamon: Spirit Strike!

[They fire their attacks at Waspress, hitting her]

MegaGargomon: Gargo Missile!

[He fires his missiles at Nomadacris, hitting him]

Imperialdramon: Positron Laser!

[He fires his attack at Nomadacris, hitting him]

Noia: [strikes the phantom mutants w/her Norse Sabre and riding her Vespa] Norse Sabre!

[The Gladiators strike the phantom mutants w/their weapons]

Militia: You Spider Riders are mine! Argon!

[Cut back to Soprano's base]

Argon: Escalate to the Realm of Misery!

[Cut back to the park; the Spider Riders, the Battle Spiders, and Militia get transported into a different dimension: The Realm of Misery]

Hunter: Here we go again.

Militia: This battle will be much easier for me, since I have the edge in this dimension!

Hunter: Militia, you'll regret ever trying to ruin my wedding! [charges at Militia] Bring it!

Militia: [pushes Hunter off Shadow w/his trident] Gladly.

[Hunter hits the ground]

Shadow: Hunter!

Alvin: You'll pay for that, Militia! Blade of Lightning!

[His blade fires lightning at Militia, who absorbs it w/his trident and fires it right back at him w/double the power; Alvin gets hit and knocked off Dagger]

Dagger: Alvin!

Aqune: That did more than twice the damage!

Sparkle: Don't ever harm a young chipmunk! [spins around toward Militia, swinging her weapon] Tornado Swing!

[Militia knocks Sparkle off Hotarla w/her trident; Sparkle hits the ground]

Hotarla: Sparkle!

Lumen: [charges at Militia w/his blade] How dare you! That's my sister you just harmed! [raises his blade] Blade of Light!

[Militia fires a blast from his trident at Lumen, knocking him off Ebony]

Ebony: Prince Lumen!

Sparkle: Brother!

Igneous and Magma: [charge at Militia] You'll pay for harming our prince, you bastard!

Igneous: Fire Bolt!

Magma: Morning Star!

[Militia strikes Igneous and Magma off their Battle Spiders w/his trident]

Flame: Igneous!

Brutus: Magma!

Militia: Who's next?!

Aqune: [charges at Militia] Anyone who even thinks of trying to kill my team will have to answer to me! [raises her glowing sword] Tornado Whip!

[Militia knocks the sword out of Aqune's hands w/his trident, then knocks her off of Portia with a single punch]

Portia: Aqune!

Militia: That only leaves the blushing bride. [points his trident at Corona] Anything you wanna say before I destroy you?

Corona: [points her bow and arrow at Militia] It's bad enough you ruined my wedding, but to harm my beloved groom, my big sister, and the rest of my team?! Arrow of Light!

[She fires an arrow at Militia, who absorbs it w/his trident, then fires two right back, hitting her and knocking her off of Venus]

Venus: Corona!

Hunter: Damn you, Militia. [struggles to get back on his feet and crawls toward Shadow] Corona's right. Ruining one's wedding is one thing, but when you mess with my team, you go way too far! [raises all four Oracle Keys] Oracle's Light, FULL POWER!!

[He and Shadow re-energize and power up to Oracle Mode Level 4]

Hunter: Spider Rider!

Militia: [scoffs] You're not the only one who can power up, Steele!

[He gains extra armor and wings; his claws extend; his trident transforms from gray to black]

Militia: Bet you weren't expecting this, eh?

Hunter: Only your mom would love that look.

Militia: My mother?! [growls] You'll pay for that crack!

[He flies toward Hunter, who blocks w/his lance; the two fight rigorously]

Corona: We gotta... do something... to help him!

Aqune: We can't. Militia's so strong, a lot of our energy's been depleted. He's just too much!

Alvin: Don't say that! We're not giving up now!

Dagger: That's right! Battle Spiders, let's give Hunter and Shadow a hand!

[He and the other Battle Spiders charge at Militia and tie him up w/their webs]

Venus: Our Riders may be down, but we can still help our leader!

Hunter: Guys, thanks!

Shadow: You see, Militia?! Even without their Riders, Battle Spiders are still capable of fighting!

Militia: [breaks free] They're only prolonging the inevitable! [strikes each of the Battle Spiders (except Shadow) w/his trident] They're just in the way!

[The attacked spiders hit the ground]

Shadow: Not you, too!

Hunter: I will not let their bravery be in vain!

Hunter and Shadow: Blue Wave!

[They fire their attack at Militia, who absorbs the attack w/his trident, then fires it right back at Hunter and Shadow at twice the power]

Hunter: [blocks the attack w/his shield] You freakin' ruffian! Oracle Reflector Shield, activate!

[The shield glows, reflecting Militia's attack right back at him; Militia tries to absorb the attack w/his trident, but to no avail; he gets struck by the attack and screams; Hunter reverts to normal Rider form; Shadow also reverts to normal]

Militia: Damn it! I forgot, my trident can't absorb redirected attacks, especially if it's one I'd already absorbed. Boss, why?!

[Cut back to Soprano's base; everyone has seen the whole fight]

R.J.: Yeah, why, Soprano?

Soprano: It never occurred to me that that would happen. But it's too late now. There's nothing more we can do for him, except this. Argon, you know your job!

Argon: As you command, sir! [third eye glows]

[Cut back to the Realm of Misery; by Argon's red energy, Militia grows giant-sized]

Militia: Prepare to meet your doom, Spider Riders!

Corona: Hunter, we can't summon our machines in our condition. It's too dangerous.

Alvin: Try your best to hold him off 'til we recover.

Hunter: Right! Navy Navigator, mobilize!

[The Navy Navigator enters the scene; Hunter and Shadow jump into the cockpit; the Navy Navigator converts to Fighter Mode]

Hunter: I don't care how big you are, Militia. Your menacing days are numbered!

Militia: Doubt that!

[He and the Navy Navigator fight rigorously w/their weapons]

[Cut back to Central Park; Ryan fights Ritter]

Ritter: Outta my way, Trooper! You're not the one I want. I want ACME.

Ryan: You'll have to get through me first.

Ritter: [charges at Ryan] Mutant Sabre!

[Ryan intercepts with his Laser Saber]

Ritter: I'll kill you! Armor-Up, activate!

[She gains extra armor]

Ritter: Mutant Rider, Armor Mode!

[She grabs Ryan w/her grappling claw and pulls him closer]

Ryan: Just can't admit defeat, can you, Ritter? You know that scar is your own fault.

Ritter: Well, if my husband hadn't been such a jerk, none of this would've happened! But since I killed him before I got the scar, someone has to pay for it! And since ACME pulled the trigger, they're my next target! And no VR Trooper is gonna ruin it all for me now! Fire laser cannons!

[Her laser cannons activate]

Jeb: [runs toward the fight] Here comes the return of Jeb the Wonder Dog!

[He bites Ritter on the right leg hard, stopping her attack; Ritter screams and accidentally releases Ryan]

Jeb: Y'all right, Ryan?

Ryan: [gets back on his feet] Never better. [gives his dog a scratch behind the ear] Thanks, Jeb. Guess all that training with Tao can really pay off.

Ritter: You meddling mutt! You're in my way!

[She fires her laser cannons at Ryan and Jeb; suddenly, Layla and Sora intercept using their wings as shields, reflecting the lasers right back at Ritter, hitting her hard]

Ryan: Kaleido Gladiators, thanks a bunch. [shakes hands with Layla]

Layla: Our pleasure, Ryan.

Sora: Anything for a VR Trooper.

Ryan: As for you, Ritter, surrender and let ACME arrest you!

Ritter: Never!

Ryan: Then you leave me no choice! VR Laser Saber command, NOW!

[His Laser Saber glows]

Ritter: [charges at Ryan w/her glowing Mutant Lance] Mutant Lance of Darkness!

[The two strike each other; Ryan then strikes Ritter through the midsection w/his saber, electrifying her]

Ritter: I never did like the VR Troopers!

Ryan: But you hate ACME and your husband even more!

[He removes his saber and jumps back]

Ryan: Consider this a message for Soprano! See ya!

[He swings his saber, firing a wave of blue energy at Ritter, hitting her hard; Ritter screams, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Greg and the Chief grab Ritter, who is no longer wearing any of her armor; her manacle is destroyed]

Greg: Molly Ritter, congratulations on violating your parole. You're under arrest for that, and, among other things, for assault and attempted murder.

Chief: Nice work, Ryan.

Ryan: All in a day's work, ma'am.

Tyler: Ryan, the Spider Riders were transported with Miltia to the Realm of Misery. They may need your help.

Ryan: You got it, Dad. VR Nitro Cycle command, now!

[He jumps onto his VR Nitro Cycle]

Ryan: Hang on, bro!

[He drives his cycle into the Realm of Misery, where the fight between the Navy Navigator and the giant Militia continues; Alvin notices him]

Alvin: Guys, look up there!

[The others look up]

Corona: It's Ryan!

Ryan: Hunter!

[Cut to the Navy Navigator's cockpit w/Hunter and Shadow]

Hunter: Ryan!

Shadow: All right!

[Cut back outside]

Ryan: [jumps off his cycle] Okay, Militia. It's time you got a taste of what I gave Grimlord! VR Shoulder Cannon!

[His shoulder cannon appears, and he fires a blast at Militia, hitting him hard]

Militia: You couldn't leave well enough alone.

[He fires black lightning from his trident at Ryan, who dodges]

Ryan: VR Skybase command, now!

[The VR Skybase flies into the scene]

Ryan: [jumps on board] Just like old times. VR Troopertron command, now!

[The Skybase transforms into the VR Troopertron]

Corona: I never saw the Skybase in that form the last time we fought with the Troopers.

Hunter: [from the Navy Navigator] All right, big bro! Time to show Militia what the Steele brothers can do together! Blue Beam!

[The Navigator fires its beam at Militia]

Ryan: Fire!

[The Troopertron fires eye beams at Militia; Militia screams as he gets struck by both beams]

Militia: I don't care if you're father and son! You're both going to your doom!

[He charges at the two giant robots; both punch him in the gut]

Ryan: It's kinda funny. The Troopertron doesn't usually land punches.

Hunter: Dad and the professor must've given it a tune-up.

Militia: [slams his trident to the ground, causing the whole dimension to vibrate] You-- All of you-- DIE!!!

[The sky darkens and shoots red lightning all around; the giant robots and the Spider Riders and Battle Spiders on the ground narrowly dodge every lightning strike, but hit the ground]

Lumen: He's gone freakin' mad now!

Sparkle: If only we had more power so we could help them!

Corona: There may be only one way. Aqune?

Aqune: Hunter's already using the power of all four Oracle Keys. What more can we do?

Corona: The only thing to do: Summon the Spirit Oracle.

Aqune: Well, if you think that's right, I can't argue with that.

[Both sisters begin to glow as they pray to the Oracle]

Corona and Aqune: Light brings knowledge. Knowledge brings compassion.
Light brings knowledge. Knowledge brings compassion.
I am bathed in light.
I open my mind and my heart to the light.
I am bathed in light.
I open my mind and my heart to the light.

[The outlines of their bodies glow]

Militia: What your blushing bride and future mistress are doing down there won't make a difference. [grabs his trident and points it at the giant robots] This battle is mine. Hunter Steele shall go first, then I'll eliminate his brother, then finish off the rest of the team! [raises his trident] Goodbye for good, ACME Crime Net!

[But just as he is about to impale the Navy Navigator w/his trident, a bright light appears, causing him to stop his attack]

Militia: What the hell is that?!

Ryan: What's happening?!

Hunter: [gasps] No way!

Shadow: It's...!

[Appearing before everyone is...]

Hunter and Shadow: Spirit Oracle!

Ryan: That beautiful woman is the goddess of the Inner World?!

Militia: No! Not her!

[Cut back to Soprano's base; Argon growls]

Soprano: Argon, you recognize that deity?

Argon: That is no deity, Soprano. That is my nemesis: The goddess of the Inner World: The Spirit Oracle! How dare she intrude!

[Cut back to the Realm of Misery; Corona and Aqune kneel before the Oracle]

Oracle: My young handmaids, never have I seen you and your fellow Spider Riders in a situation as grave as this. Your summoning me may be your last hope.

Militia: Hey, spirit lady! Get outta my way!

Oracle: [turns to Militia] You, bothersome irritant. In your attempts to destroy the Spider Riders, you and your master have shattered the lives of all beings. How can your master justify himself?

Militia: The Spider Riders and the rest of ACME Crime Net are responsible for the death of my old master, and most recently, my Neo-Invectids. I want nothing less than for them to suffer! I don't care if you're a goddess. You don't have the power to stop me, nor Master Soprano.

Oracle: Your previous master had no regrets for what he had done, nor did the late wife he vainly attempted to avenge. I do not believe you or your current master have any, either.

Militia: [fires black lightning from his trident at the Oracle] Burn in Hell!

[The Oracle repels the lightning, then unleashes a wave of green energy]

Oracle: Oh, great powers of the Inner World, return us all from whence the battle began and restore the Spider Riders to full power!

[Everyone in the realm vanishes, then reappears in Central Park; all 8 Spider Riders and Battle Spiders get fully re-energized, along with the VR Troopertron and the Navy Navigator; both giant robots get back on their feet]

Tyler: They're back!

Brittany: Guys, look at that!

[Everyone gazes up at the Spirit Oracle and reacts with awe; Jeb's eyes widen in surprise]

Tyler: [in his mind] My father was right. The Spirit Oracle does exist.

Queen Illuma: Spirit Oracle, in the Outer World?

Slate: This is surely a surprise.

Militia: How's this for a surprise?! ArgoStar Fighters, attack!

[Said flying machines enter the park and fire at the gang, who dodge]

Hunter: [from the Navy Navigator] Spider Riders, Ryan, take care of Militia's army, then we'll finish Militia together!

Ryan: You got it, bro! Troopertron, revert to Skybase mode, then return to base!

[The VR Troopertron converts back to Skybase mode; Ryan jumps out of the cockpit before it exits the scene]

Ryan: VR Blue Hawk command, now!

[The VR Combat Module enters and releases the Blue Hawk; Ryan jumps into the cockpit]

Ryan: These fighters should be a lot easier to deal with than GrimStars. Fire!

[The Blue Hawk fires lasers at the ArgoStars, hitting them]

Ryan: Bullseye!

[Cut back to the ground; the other 7 Spider Riders and Battle Spiders face the Phantom Neo-Invectids]

Corona: Follow my lead, Riders! Platinum Power!

[She and Venus assume Platinum Mode]

Corona: Spider Rider, Platinum Mode!

Lumen: Spider Rider, Mega Gold!

[He and Ebony assume Mega Gold Mode]

Lumen: Spider Rider, Mega Gold Mode!

Sparkle: Spider Rider, Mega Blue!

[She and Hotarla assume Mega Blue Mode]

Sparkle: Spider Rider, Mega Blue!

Alvin and Aqune: [each raise an Oracle Key] Oracle's Light!

[They and their Battle Spiders assume Oracle Mode]

Alvin and Aqune: Spider Riders!

[All 7 Riders and Spiders charge at the Phantom Neo-Invectids and fight them]

Buguese: My fellow Invectids, we should help, too.

Stags: I'm with you, Buguese!

[All four charge at the Phantom Neo-Invectids and strike them w/their weapons]

Aqune: You!

Buguese: These Neo-Invectids are no match for the real thing!

Beerain: Buzz Rays, assist Ryan Steele!

[Her Buzz Rays appear and fire at the ArgoStars, hitting them]

Grasshop: [strikes Nomadacris] Posers!

Beerain: [strikes Waspress] Copycats!

Buguese and Stags: [strike Sacerus] Plagiarists!

Alvin: Crimson Starlight!

Corona: Platinum Wave!

Aqune: Dark Star!

Lumen: Gold Blade of Light!

Sparkle: Blue Impulse!

Igneous: Fire Bolt!

Magma: Morning Star!

[All 7 strike the Phantom Neo-Invectids hard w/their attacks; all three fall to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Corona: Thank you, Invectids.

Buguese: It's our pleasure.

[The Kaleido Gladiators point their Super Kaleido Cannon at the defenseless phantom mutants]

Layla: Ready!

Sora: Aim!

All 9 Gladiators: FIRE!!

[The Super Kaleido Cannon fires at the mutants, hitting and destroying them all]

Alvin: Good job, Gladiators! Now, let's finish off Militia!

Layla: Right!

All 9 Gladiators: Giga Borg, deploy now!

[All their machines fly into the scene and combine to form the Giga Borg; the Gladiators jump into the cockpit]

Alvin: Flash Formosa!

Corona: Platinum Pardosa!

Aqune: Black Widow! Spider Racers!

Lumen: Cyber Spiders!

All 7 Riders and spiders: Mobilize!

[All their machines enter the scene; the Riders and spiders jump into the cockpits]

Hunter: Good timing, guys! [inserts all four Oracle Keys into the controls] I summon the almighty Araneus!

Alvin: I summon Hyllus!

[Said machines enter the scene]

All 8 Spider Riders: Mega Spider, initiate!

[The Spider Riders' machines combine to form the Mega Spider]

Militia: ArgoStars, destroy them!

[The ArgoStars fire all their weapons at the machines]

Ryan: I don't think so!

[The Blue Hawk fires all its lasers at the ArgoStars, destroying them all and stopping their attacks, then fires at Militia, hitting him]

Militia: Curse that VR Trooper!

[The Mega Spider fires a large web at Militia, tying his arms to the ground tightly]

Militia: I can't escape! Damn you, ACME Crime Net!

Ryan: He's all yours!

Gladiators: Kaleido Giga Burst!

[The Giga Borg fires all its weapons at Militia, hitting him hard; Militia screams; the Super Turbo Spider and the Thunder Formosa raise their weapons to the sky and spin them around like helicopter blades, causing the Mega Spider to take to the sky]

Hunter: Maybe now Soprano will think twice before trying to ruin one's wedding! Mega Spider!

All Rider and spiders: FINAL STRIKE!!

[Outside, the Mega Spider plummets towards Militia, who still cannot break free from the webs that are restraining him; Militia screams as the Mega Spider crushes him hard, and an explosion is shown; cut to the Mega Spider's cockpit; the gang cheers]

Hunter: Let's go!

[Everyone jumps out of the cockpits of their respective machines]

Hunter: ACME Crime Net, the battle is won!

[Everyone cheers]

Militia: [emerges from the rubble in normal size and form, trident in hand] Not quite!

Aqune: Damn it. He just can't seem to know when to quit.

Militia: You may have destroyed my ultimate form, but I still have enough energy left in this trident to finish you off!

Hunter: Guys, it pains me to say this, but it's gonna take all the power we've got if we're to beat him.

Alvin: All our power?!

Hunter: All we did was weaken him, but he just can't stay destroyed. I'm not gonna let Militia get away with what happened today.

Oracle: Spider Riders, raise your manacles and Oracle Keys and grant Hunter your power. It will be as if you are all fighting Militia at once.

[The Spider Riders raise their manacles and all four Oracle Keys]

Corona: Hunter, this might be our last battle as Spider Riders, but if it is, let's end it well.

Aqune: The world depends on us all.

Lumen: Make us proud, my friend.

Sparkle: I know I can count on you.

Igneous: Stay strong.

Magma: Be swift and safe.

Alvin: And never give up.

[All 7 revert to normal; the outline of Hunter's body glows]

Hunter: Militia, by the power of the Spirit Oracle and all my fellow Spider Riders, this battle shall be won!

[He and Shadow convert to Oracle Mode Level 4, then gain extra armor; Hunter's lance transforms into a navy blue blade]

Hunter: Spider Rider, Oracle Mode, Level 5!

Militia: My trident still has enough energy to absorb even the strongest attack you throw at me! Bring it on!

Hunter: My pleasure.

Hunter and Shadow: Navy Wave!

[They fire a wave of navy energy at Militia; Militia tries to absorb it with his trident, but it suddenly overloads]

Militia: What?! It's overloading!

[The trident explodes; the explosion knocks Militia to the ground]

Militia: My trident! You'll pay for that, Steele!

Shadow: Spider threads!

[He fires glowing blue webs at Militia, which shackle him to the ground while still standing up]

Militia: Hey! Let me go! Let me go!

Hunter: [as his blade glows] It's all over, Militia! Shadow, let's finish this!

Shadow: Let's ride!

[He and Hunter take to the sky]

Militia: No! What are you doing?! [whimpers] This can't be happening!

Hunter and Shadow: NAVY BLADE OF ARACHNA!!!

[Militia screams in terror as Hunter bisects him w/his blade hard; Hunter and Shadow rejoin their team and revert to normal, as do Ryan and everyone else]

[Militia splits in half and falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Militia is gone, for good]

Hunter: Justice is served!

[Everyone cheers wildly]

Oracle: And so, the battle against Militia has been won. Congratulations, Spider Riders. I regret that it had cost you your powers to destroy him.

Ryan: Wait, is that true? You're telling me that my brother can't be a Spider Rider anymore?

Hunter: Nor any of the others?

Oracle: It was worth the risk.

Hunter: But now ACME's short a team of heroes.

Tyler: Spirit Oracle, I'm sure I can find a way to restore the Spider Riders' powers, but it may take a while.

Oracle: Restoring their powers is highly improbable, Tyler Steele, but never impossible.

Hunter: Even if we don't get our powers back, it's been an honor being a Spider Rider and fighting for the Inner World. Matter of fact, the whole universe.

Alvin: I agree. Plus, I got to meet the Battle Spiders, especially you, Dagger.

Dagger: Thank you, Alvin.

Oracle: Quake was wise when he wanted an Earthen to become his replacement. Admittedly, I could not have done better myself. Now, I must take my leave of this dimension. And, Hunter,...

Hunter: Yes?

Oracle: I congratulate you, not only on your victory over Militia, but also on your upcoming nuptials.

Hunter: Thank you, Your Spiritualness. Take care.

[The Oracle vanishes; everyone waves]

Corona: Hunter, we still have some unfinished business.

Hunter: You're right. Everyone back to your places!

[Back at Soprano's base, Soprano is furious]

Soprano: [clenches his fists in fury] Defeated again! All that energy infused in Militia-- WASTED!

Argon: He promised us victory, and he failed us.

R.J.: He was this close! This close!

Soprano: [mumbles] Sometimes I really hate being a mob boss.

[Back at Central Park, the ceremony resumes]

Rev. Jeffrey: Dearly beloved, after a long delay, we are once again gathered here to join Hunter and Corona in holy matrimony. On behalf of these two, I welcome you all to witness and celebrate their commitment to their union. Rings, please?

[Alvin holds out the rings and hands them to Aqune and Ryan, who hand them to the reverend]

Rev. Jeffrey: [hands Hunter one ring] Hunter, take Corona's hand and place this ring on her finger.

Hunter: [takes Corona's hand and places the ring on her finger] With this ring, I do thee wed.

Rev. Jeffrey: [hands Corona the other ring] Corona, take Hunter's hand and place this ring on his finger.

Corona: [does so] With this ring, I do thee wed.

Rev. Jeffrey: Corona, do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband to love and to cherish for as long as you both shall live?

Corona: I do.

Rev. Jeffrey: Hunter, do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife to love and to cherish for as long as you both shall live?

Hunter: I do.

Rev. Jeffrey: By the power vested in me, by the laws of the State of New York, it is my privilege to pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.

[Hunter and Corona kiss]

Rev. Jeffrey: Ladies and gentlemen, I now give you Mr. and Mrs. Hunter Steele!

[Cheers and applause]

[A little later, the gang takes photographs with the wedding party and the reverend]

[Loeb Boathouse, 12:15pm]

Ryan: As the groom's best man and big brother, I just wanna say how proud I am of Hunter. And not just for his nuptials, but for his efforts in fighting Militia. [raises a glass] A toast to my little brother and new sister-in-law. Hunter, Corona, may you have a wonderful life together. I love you so much.

Everyone else: [raises their glasses] To Hunter and Corona.

Hunter: Thank you, Ryan. Thank you, everyone.

[A little later, Hunter's group has dessert (including the wedding cake)]

Hunter: I just can't believe all that's happened today. We all fought a long and exciting fight, we finally beat Militia, and Corona and I are now married.

Corona: Yeah, but in battling Militia, we lost our powers. That's the only sad thing.

Shadow: Well, at least us Battle Spiders still get to hang with our Riders.

Venus: The Spider Riders' powers may be gone, but our bond with them will never die.

Hunter: That's true.

Igneous: Our only issue is, Soprano and Prescott know our powers are gone.

Magma: They know ACME's grown weaker.

Aqune: I'm sure Hunter's father will find a way to restore them.

Hunter: But God only knows how long it'll take.

Alvin: He won't give up.

Hunter: That's right. Even before I was born, when he was Grimlord's prisoner, he never gave up on returning home to Ryan. I'm sure he won't give up on finding a solution to getting our powers back. And I sure as Hell won't give up on him.

Lumen: None of us will, Hunter.

Sparkle: We're Spider Riders to the end. No. Far longer than that.

Hunter: Sparkle, you took the words right from my mouth.

Corona: Let's do it.

[All 8 put their hands together]

All 8: [jump up] Arachna Power!

[Later, after the reception, Hunter and Corona get in their truck (loaded with their wedding gifts and luggage and a sign stuck to it: "Just married"); everyone waves to them as they drive off into the sunset]

[FINAL NOTE:
Molly Ritter was convicted of violation of her parole, attempted murder in the first degree, assault in the first degree, and conspiracy in the second degree. She was sentenced to the maximum sentence in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Oracle: Spider Riders, I have extraordinary news regarding the restoration of your powers. There is only one object in this universe that can do so-- The Xenon Crystal. I shattered the crystal into 8 subcrystals and scattered them throughout the Orange Archipelago. Your journey is very dangerous, and the outcome undetermined. Will you accept the challenge?

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Return of the Xenon Crystal!

Ash: Vigilance, Dedication, Courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (12/13/2023 10:11 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera