ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2016 10:52 pm  #1

Side-Fic 243: The Return of the Xenon Crystal

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Ash: Hey, everybody! It's almost showtime! So make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Pikachu: Pikachu!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Cut to Soprano's base; while Soprano, R.J., and Gianna are sound asleep, Argon uses the black magic from his third eye to assemble crystal shards into one familiar crystal: The Xenon Crystal]

Argon: At last, I have finally completed the Xenon Crystal. After searching all over for two years, the task is complete. All I must do is present this to the master, and his henchmen's powers will rise a great deal. With the Spider Riders gone, the rest of ACME is doomed.

[Suddenly, the Spirit Oracle appears before him]

Oracle: The Xenon Crystal, you say?

Argon: You!

Oracle: Argon, my old enemy, we meet once again.

Argon: I can never forgive you for what you did centuries ago in the Inner World when you scarred me right between the eyes.

Oracle: You nearly destroyed the Kingdom of Arachna. You took five lives.

Argon: They were fools.

Oracle: Fools who were fighting for their kingdom. Fools who had families.

Argon: The past aside, the Xenon Crystal is mine.

Oracle: The crystal is not meant for the likes of you. The Inner World sorcerers who hid it in the Outer World put a forcefield around it for good reason. And after ACME retrieved it, it was split into hundreds of pieces so no one of your caliber would ever find it.

Argon: Well, the forcefield is gone, and now I've found every last piece. Admittedly, it was difficult and took over two years, but now that the crystal is fully assembled, I can destroy ACME once and for all! But first, I'll use it to destroy you!

[The crystal floats in the air and fires a wave of dark energy at the Oracle, who blocks with a shield of light]

Oracle: Not even the Xenon Crystal can penetrate me.

[She fires a blast of light at the crystal, shattering it into 8 subcrystals]

Argon: No! That's mine!

Oracle: [emits a spell on the subcrystals] Not anymore.

[She disappears, taking the subcrystals with her]

Argon: NO!

[Soprano, R.J., and Gianna, barely awake, enter the main base]

Soprano: [yawns] What's all the commotion this late at night, Argon?

R.J.: Even a mob needs their beauty sleep.

Argon: The Spirit Oracle stole the Xenon Crystal from me!

Gianna: The Xenon Crystal? What's that?

Soprano: That object from the Inner World that was hidden in the Outer World until Seymour Wellsworth built his industrial building over its location. But it was destroyed.

Argon: But after two years of searching behind your backs, I've recovered the pieces and reassembled it in hopes that your daughter and son-in-law would become more powerful Mutant Riders.

R.J.: So what happened to it?

Argon: The Spirit Oracle came, split it into 8, and took it away.

Soprano: Damn it. We might as well find a different way of boosting Gianna and R.J.'s powers.

Argon: Spirit Oracle, you will pay for this!

[ACME Crime Net Stadium, Monday, August 15th, 9:14am]

[Alvin is about to start a Pokémon battle with Ash]

Alvin: All right, Ash. Best of three. You could use the warm-up before your next gym battle.

Ash: Sure thing.

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Dusclops, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Dusclops]

Dusclops: Dusclops!

Alvin: It's high time I got the chance to use this beautiful banshee.

Ash: That's gonna be quite a challenge for this. [tosses a Pokéball] Noivern, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his fully-evolved Noivern]

Noivern: [screeches]

Alvin: A fully-evolved version of your Noibat? [looks up Noibat in his Pokédex] Awesome!

Dextette: Noivern, the Sound Wave Pokémon, and the evolved form of Noibat. The ultrasonic waves Noivern releases from its ears are powerful enough to crush a boulder.

Jeanette: Begin!

Ash: Noivern, use Dragon Claw!

[Noivern dives toward Dusclops, its claws ready]

Alvin: Dusclops, use Double Team!

[Dusclops multiplies and dodges Noivern's attack]

Alvin: Now, use Ice Punch!

[The real Dusclops' right fist becomes encased with frost as it charges at Noivern]

Ash: Dodge it, Noivern!

[Noivern dodges]

Ash: Use Boomburst!

Alvin: Uh-oh! [covers his ears]

[Noivern screeches loudly as it releases ultrasonic waves from its ears at Dusclops, but nothing happens]

Ash: Huh? Nothing happened.

Alvin: [uncovers his ears] Boomburst must be a Normal-type move, and Normal-type moves don't work against Ghost-types like Dusclops.

Ash: [facepalms] Aw, man!

Alvin: Dusclops, use Ice Punch again!

[Dusclops, fist-ready, charges at Noivern and punches it]

Ash: Good move, seeing as Ice-type moves are very effective against Dragon and Flying-type Pokémon. But don't think that'll be enough to win! Noivern, Dragon Claw!

[Noivern strikes Dusclops w/its claws]

Ash: Acrobatics!

[Noivern strikes Dusclops w/Acrobatics]

Alvin: Dusclops, never mind Ice Punch. It might not be enough. Use Night Shade!

[Dusclops fires Night Shade at Noivern, who dodges]

Alvin: Darn!

Ash: Dragon Claw!

[Noivern strikes Dusclops w/its claws; Dusclops faints]

Alvin: Dusclops!

Jeanette: Dusclops is unable to battle. Noivern wins!

Alvin: [recalls Dusclops] You gave it your best shot, Dusclops. Return!

Ash: [recalls Noivern] Noivern, return! I'm proud of you, buddy.

Alvin: Okay, Ash. Time for Round 2. [tosses a Pokéball] Meowstic, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Meowstic]

Meowstic: Meowstic!

Ash: [tosses another Pokéball] Greninja, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Greninja]

Greninja: Greninja!

Alvin: I see your Frogadier is fully-evolved. [looks up Greninja]

Dextette: Greninja, the Ninja Pokémon, and the evolved form of Frogadier. Greninja appears and vanishes with a ninja's grace. It toys with its enemies using swift movements, while slicing them with throwing stars of sharpest water.

Alvin: This one's gonna be tricky. Meowstic, start with Shadow Ball!

[Meowstic fires Shadow Ball at Greninja]

Ash: Dodge it!

[Greninja dodges]

Ash: Use Cut!

[Greninja strikes Meowstic w/Cut]

Ash: Okay! Use Water Shuriken!

[Greninja fires Water Shuriken at Meowstic, hitting it]

Alvin: Meowstic, use Thunderbolt!

[Meowstic fires Thunderbolt at Greninja, zapping it; Greninja screams]

Ash: Shake that off and use Cut!

[Greninja shakes off the damage and strikes Meowstic w/Cut]

Alvin: Power-Up Punch!

[Meowstic punches Greninja and reenergizes]

Alvin: Every time that attack hits, Meowstic's physical attack power grows. Now, use Sucker Punch!

[Meowstic strikes Greninja w/Sucker Punch; Greninja hits the ground]

Ash: Don't give up now, Greninja! You can do this!

[Greninja gets back on its feet and becomes surrounded by water]

Alvin: What's Ash trying to do?

Ash: [in his mind] I wanna show Alvin this new technique Greninja and I are using, but I gotta take it easy.

[Greninja takes the form of Ash-Greninja]

Greninja: Ninja!

Alvin: Holy crow! It transformed!

Ash: That's right! It's because of our bond together! Go, Greninja! Use Aerial Ace!

[Greninja swiftly strikes Meowstic w/Aerial Ace]

Alvin: Check out that speed! [sighs] Meowstic, Thunderbolt!

[Meowstic fires Thunderbolt at Greninja, who dodges]

Alvin: Rats! Use Power-Up Punch!

[Meowstic punches Greninja w/Power-Up Punch, boosting its power; Ash groans and falls to his knees while clutching his stomach]

Alvin: Ash, what's happening?!

Ash: In that form, when Greninja takes damage, I feel its pain.

Alvin: [in his mind] Uh-oh. If I attack it again, Ash will only get more hurt. But if I surrender, the match is over. I gotta try and wear Greninja out somehow. [aloud] Meowstic, Shadow Ball!

[Meowstic fires Shadow Ball at Greninja, who dodges]

Alvin: Sucker Punch!

[Meowstic tries to punch, but Greninja dodges]

Ash: Water Shuriken!

[Greninja fires Water Shuriken at Meowstic repeatedly, hitting it all times]

Alvin: Power-Up Punch!

Ash: Aerial Ace!

[Both Pokemon strike each other w/their respective moves]

Ash: [groans as he clutches his chest] Alvin, we gotta call this round a draw. This is too much for me, and if this battle goes any further, the pain will only get worse.

Alvin: Might as well, for your sake

[They each throw a towel to the ground]

Jeanette: Greninja and Meowstic are both eliminated by TKO. This round ends in a draw.

Ash: [recalls Greninja] Greninja, return! You deserve a little rest. We'll work on the transformation some other time.

Alvin: [recalls Meowstic] Meowstic, return. You deserve a break.

Ash: Okay, Al. It's down to the last battle. If you win, we tie.

Alvin: You got it. You choose first.

Ash: Pikachu, it's all up to you, buddy.

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

[He takes the field]

Alvin: [in his mind] Pikachu might be too strong for Charizard and Empoleon by now. I'll have to use a Grass-type. [aloud; tosses a Pokéball] Quilladin, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Quilladin]

Quilladin: Quilladin!

Alvin: Since two of my strongest Pokémon are at a type disadvantage, I'll have to make do with my Kalos starter.

Ash: No problem. Plus, using a Grass-type against my Electric-type might help you. Pikachu, start with Quick Attack!

[Pikachu zips toward Quilladin]

Alvin: Quilladin, Smack Down!

[Quilladin tosses a giant rock at Pikachu, knocking him to the ground and stopping his attack]

Alvin: Now, use Bulk Up!

[Quilladin powers up]

Ash: Pikachu, use Iron Tail!

Pikachu: [tail glows] Chuuuuuuuuuu... [strikes Quilladin w/his tail] PIKA!!!

Alvin: Use Seed Bomb!

[Quilladin fires Seed Bomb at Pikachu, hitting him]

Alvin: Thanks to Bulk-Up, Seed Bomb can do some serious damage.

Ash: Not bad, but you've still got much to learn. Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

Pikachu: Piiiiiiiiiii-kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-- [fires Thunderbolt at Quilladin] CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

[Quilladin screams as it gets zapped]

Alvin: Quilladin, hang on! Try Bulldoze!

[Quilladin stomps on the ground, sending shockwaves toward Pikachu, hitting him]

Ash: [in his mind] Oh, no! Not only is it super-effective, but that move can slow Pikachu down! This doesn't look good.

Alvin: Okay! Use Seed Bomb again!

[Quilladin fires Seed Bomb at Pikachu]

Ash: Pikachu, dodge and use Quick Attack!

[Pikachu tries to dodge, but Seed Bomb strikes him; Pikachu faints]

Ash: Pikachu!

Jeanette: Pikachu is unable to battle. Quilladin wins. This match ends in a draw!

Alvin: Great job, Quilladin! We finally beat Pikachu!

[He and Quilladin fist-bump; Alvin recalls Quilladin]

Ash: [picks up Pikachu] You okay, Pikachu?

Pikachu: [nods] Pika-Pika.

Ash: You put up a good fight, little buddy. [hugs Pikachu] I'm so proud of you.

Pikachu: Pika-Pi.

[Serena enters]

Serena: Good morning, guys. Sorry I'm late.

Ash: Morning, Serena.

Alvin and Jeanette: Morning.

Pikachu: Pika-Pika.

Serena: Pikachu, what happened to you?

Ash: You just missed it. Alvin and I had a Pokémon battle, and his Quilladin beat Pikachu.

Serena: Oh. [to Pikachu] Are you okay?

Pikachu: [nods] Pika-Pika.

Serena: By the way, on my way here, I got a call from Corona. She and Hunter got back home from the Poconos and are on their way here.

Alvin: They're back from their honeymoon?

Ash: Awesome! ACME Crime Net's felt pretty empty without them.

Alvin: Unfortunately, Ash, without the Spider Riders' powers, it still feels empty.

Serena: Has Mr. Steele ever found a way to restore them yet?

Alvin: Not yet, and I'm starting to get worried.

Hunter's voice: Hey, guys! Guess who's home!

[Everyone turns to the entrance; there are Hunter and Corona]

Ash: Hunter! Corona!

Alvin: Welcome home!

[Hunter and Corona walk up to the gang and greet them with embraces and handshakes]

Serena: Hi, guys! We really missed you!

Jeanette: So good to see you!

Alvin: How was the ride home?

Hunter: We ran into a little traffic on the way. That's why we got up at 5:00 in the morning. And Aqune treated us to a homecoming breakfast when we got home.

Corona: How's everything going?

Alvin: Great. Sometimes not being a Spider Rider has its advantages. It gave me extra time to duel and train my Pokémon.

Ash: Gets better every day. Just before you came back, Alvin almost beat me in a Pokémon match. We ended up tying.

Pikachu: Pika-Pika.

Hunter: Cool! Maybe when you guys have another full battle, you'll actually win, Alvin.

Alvin: Maybe. We haven't had a full battle since my first year as a trainer.

[He has a flashback of said battle]

Alvin: Back when Charizard was a Charmeleon, he and Ash's Infernape fought a good fight. They were almost evenly matched. But in the end, Charmeleon lost.

[Back to the present]

Alvin: But one day, we will have that full-battle rematch, Ash.

Ash: And I'll make sure my Infernape is ready for you.

[Alvin's manacle beeps]

Alvin: [respond] Go ahead.

Tyler: Everyone, report to ACME Labs immediately. The Spirit Oracle has a message for us.

Hunter: We're on it, Dad. Let's go, guys.

[ACME Labs, 9:27am]

[The gang, joined by the other Chipmunks, the other Chipettes, Ryan, Tyler, Aqune, Jeb, the cast of Kaleido Stage, and the other Spider Riders, are present]

Tyler: Spirit Oracle, this is Tyler Steele of the Outer World. Please make contact.

[The Spirit Oracle appears on the monitor]

Ash: Wow!

Serena: She's so beautiful.

Pikachu: Pika-Pika...

Oracle: Spider Riders, I have extraordinary news regarding the restoration of your powers. There is only one object in this universe that can do so-- The Xenon Crystal.

Alvin: But, Oracle, I shattered it to pieces almost three years ago.

[He has flashback of when his newly-evolved Sylveon shattered the Xenon Crystal]

Hunter: Shards were scattered all over the planet so Seymour Wellsworth could never find them. How are we supposed to find it?

[Cut back to the present]

Oracle: Argon had started that chore two years ago. It was only last night when he found the last shard and fully-assembled the crystal. However, through the powers the crystal emanates, I was able to locate it at Soprano Falco's base of operations. Argon tried to stop me with the crystal, but I shielded myself, then shattered the crystal into 8 subcrystals and scattered them throughout the Orange Archipelago.

Ash: Orange Archipelago?

Pikachu: Pika?

Alvin: I've heard of that group of islands. Ash had been there.

Brittany: He competed in the Orange League competition and won.

Oracle: It is the duty of the Chipmunks and the Chipettes to seek out the subcrystals. During this quest, little ones, you will be faced with numerous obstacles.

Ash: But, Spirit Oracle, Pikachu and I are only ones here who've been to the Orange Islands before. I think we should go.

Pikachu: [nods] Pika-chu.

Oracle: I am sorry, but the subcrystals will only respond to the Chipmunks and the Chipettes. You, along with the remaining Spider Riders, must remain here to guide them in their moment of need. However, Kaleido Gladiators, for moral support and protection, you will guide the young travelers personally, though while on that mission, due to the significant distance from here to the Orange Archipelago, you will have no access to your machines. Will you accept this responsibility?

[Sora, Layla, Rosetta, May, Marion, Mia, Anna, and Sarah each nod]

Oracle: Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor, your journey is very dangerous, and the outcome undetermined. Will you accept the challenge?

[The Chipmunks and the Chipettes each nod]

Oracle: Good. I shall leave Tyler Steele to fill you in on the remaining details. Good luck.

[Her signal fades]

Hunter: Thank you, Spirit Oracle.

Ryan: All right, Dad. Where exactly can the 'Munk Team find the subcrystals?

[The monitor shows a map of the Orange Archipelago; 8 islands each have a blinking green dot]

Tyler: The subcrystals can be found in 8 different islands: Tangelo Island, Sunburst Island, Mandarin Island, Navel Island, Kumquat Island, Mikan Island, Trovita Island, and Pummelo Island.

Ash: Four of those islands you mentioned, Mr. Steele-- They have Orange League gyms.

Tyler: Then it's possible that the subcrystals may be at those gyms.

Simon: I'll take on Mikan Island. Which two Gladiators wanna join me?

[Marion and Anna raise their hands]

Theodore: I'll try Navel Island. May, Rosetta, you wanna come?

May and Rosetta: Sure!

Jeanette: Ellie, Ash told me that the Kumquat Island gym specializes in double battles. If we have to battle for a subcrystal, you should be my partner.

Eleanor: I'd be glad to.

Sarah: Then I volunteer to be your chaperone!

Brittany: Then Layla and I will tackle Trovita Island.

Layla: Nothing to it.

Alvin: Well, it's just me, Sora, and Mia taking on the other four islands.

Tyler: As leader of the 'Munk Team, Alvin, I'm sure you'll find the remaining four subcrystals.

Ash: But with the Gladiators away and the Spider Riders out of power, who's gonna protect ACME?

Ryan: I'll handle it personally, Ash. Plus, the DigiDestined and Tamers will back me up, just in case.

Alvin: There's still one thing that's bothering me. How are we gonna get to the Orange Islands? There are only three blimps in this country, and neither of them are in New York.

Ash: Plus, there's no airport in any of the islands. We can get there by boat, but that could take days, and who knows how long Ryan can hold off Soprano and Prescott's minions?

Tyler: [points at five pads nearby] We can use these.

Ash: What are those things?

Tyler: They're transportation pads, designed by myself and Professor Hart.

Jeb: They're made from parts of that old transportation device. They're designed to send a larger group of people elsewhere.

Ryan: They not only send people to other dimensions, but to faraway places where it's almost impossible to travel from here. But they can only be used in situations like this.

Alvin: Cool!

Tyler: Each pad is big enough to support at least three. Group A, you're first.

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia step on pad A]

Tyler: [sets coordinates] I'm setting the coordinates for Tangelo Island, home of the world's first Pokémon theme park.

Sora and Mia: A theme park?

Alvin: This should be a fun quest.

Tyler: [sets coordinates on pad B] Group B, step right up for transportation to Mikan Island.

[Simon, Anna, and Marion step on pad B]

Tyler: [sets coordinates on pad C] Group C, prepare for transportation to Navel Island.

[Theodore, May, and Rosetta step on pad C]

Tyler: [sets coordinates on pad D] Group D, to Kumquat Island.

[Jeanette, Eleanor, and Sarah step on pad D]

Tyler: [sets coordinates on pad E] And finally, group E, to Trovita Island.

[Brittany and Layla step on pad E]

Aqune: Wait. [hands everyone each a camping gear bag] You might need these in case you have to spend a night or two.

Jeb: We figured there'd be a mission like this, so Aqune and I packed camping gear and some emergency money for food the night after the wedding just in case.

Alvin: Thanks.

Tyler: Good luck to you all. And I hope you've got some extra empty Pokéballs, just in case you need more Pokémon to back you up.

Simon: Plenty of those, Tyler.

Brittany: Look out, Orange Islands. We're on our way!

Ryan: Okay, Jeb. Hit the button.

Jeb: [pushes the blue button on the remote] Roger that, Ryan.

[The pads activate]

Ken: Sora, be careful out there.

Sora: Don't worry, Ken. We'll be fine.

Alvin: Once we get those crystals, we'll be back.

Ash: Remember what you've learned from our battle, Alvin.

Hunter: Do it for the Spider Riders, guys.

[The gang on the transportation pads give thumbs up]

Layla: Make sure everyone is safe while we're gone. And if anyone from Kaleido Stage calls, give them our best regards.

Ryan: You got it, Layla. Take care.

[The gang on the pads get transported out of the lab]

Corona: [tries to hold back her tears] Good luck, guys.

[Hunter puts his hand on her shoulder for comfort]

Tyler: Don't worry, guys. Once they get those crystals, we'll have a lot more back than just them.

Serena: I hope so.

[Eye-catch]

Gang: Who's that Pokémon?!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/02/2021 10:30 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

8/21/2016 10:43 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 243: The Return of the Xenon Crystal

Gang: It's Pikachu!

Pikachu: Pikachu!

[Tangelo Island, 9:36am]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia appear and land on their rear ends in a deserted area]

Sora: Ow! What rough way to travel.

Mia: I'll say.

Alvin: You girls okay?

Sora and Mia: Yeah.

Alvin: So, this is the Orange Archipelago.

Sora: I don't know. This place looks pretty deserted.

Mia: We'd better look around and see if we can't find anybody to ask for directions.

[They venture forth and look around, but can find no sign of life]

Sora: It's no use. There's no sign of any life. We're gonna starve here if we don't find any food or water.

Alvin: This has to be one of the Orange Islands. Tyler's transportation pads have to have worked right.

Sora: But if they haven't, we could be stuck here forever!

Mia: Don't be paranoid, Sora. I'm sure there's at least someone who can tell us where we are exactly.

Alvin: [extracts a Pokéball] Good thing I've got a Flying-type Pokémon to find something. [tosses the ball] Braviary, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Braviary]

Braviary: Braviary!

Alvin: Braviary, fly around and see if you can't find any sign of life.

Braviary: [nods] Braviary.

[He takes to the sky and looks around the island, until he finds something]

Braviary: Brav?! [looks down at Alvin and signals him to follow] Braviary! Braviary!

Alvin: You found something?

Braviary: Braviary!

Alvin: Let's go, girls!

[He, Sora, and Mia follow Braviary as it flies toward an entrance to "Pokémon Park"]

Alvin: Pokémon Park?

Sora: So this place isn't deserted?

[A pair of female greeters in Hawaiian-style outfits pop up before the trio]

Greeters: You bet it isn't!

Greeter A: Welcome to Tangelo Island, home of Pokémon Park!

Greeter B: It's the Pokémon vacation destination!

[They present Alvin, Sora, and Mia each with a lei]

Sora: Pokémon Park?

Greeter B: That's right. The world's very first Pokémon theme park.

Greeter A: We hope you enjoy your stay in town.

[They dance out of sight]

Alvin: Thank you!

Mia: Come on, guys. We should check the place out.

[They look around the park and notice all kinds of Pokémon and tourists taking pictures with them]

Sora: Amazing!

Alvin: Look at all those Pokémon!

Mia: We should take some pictures while we're here. Then we can find that Xenon subcrystal.

[The trio takes photographs and selfies with the Pokémon in the park; a bit later, in the city, the trio has lunch together]

Alvin: What a way to spend a summer vacation!

Sora: I know. The food here's delicious!

Mia: This slice of apple pie reminds me of an appeltaart back in the Netherlands. My grandmother used to make them just like this. [sighs] I really miss my family there.

Alvin: Sora, what do you miss in Japan?

Sora: Well, besides my family and friends, I miss the days of rhythmic gymnastics back in high school. What about you, Alvin? What do you miss in the forest where you and your brothers were born?

Alvin: My mom. I know she had the right idea to leave me and my brothers in Dave's care on that cold winter day. After all, there was no food and little shelter. But I still miss her. I can never forget her little lullaby.

[He has a flashback of A Chipmunk Reunion when his mother Vinny sang them a lullaby]

Vinny: Hush-a-bye, little ones.
Close your eyes, little ones.
Dream time is near.
You needn't fear.
And when you wake, I will be here.

Rest your head, little ones.
Dream sweet dreams, little ones.

Vinny and the Chipmunks: The stars say good night.
I say sleep tight.
And when you wake, I will be here.

[Back to the present; Sora and Mia are in light tears]

Mia: Alvin, that was beautiful.

Sora: Yeah. Maybe you and I could sing that to Yume next time we see her.

Alvin: That's a promise.

Sora: By the way, Alvin, I've been wanting to ask: What were you doing on the phone while Mia and I were getting lunch?

Alvin: I was on the phone with Dave. I sent some of my Pokémon back to him in exchange for Rhyperior, Empoleon, and Arcanine. Right now, I have four on hand so I can make room for new ones.

[A whine is heard]

Mia: Huh?

​[She notices a trio of thugs beating up a Lapras on the beach]

Mia: Guys, look!

[Sora and Alvin notice the scene]

Sora: What are those creeps doing to that Pokémon?!

[Alvin looks up the Lapras]

Dextette: Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. In the evenings, this Pokémon is said to sing plaintively as it seeks what few others of its kind still remain.

Alvin: Come on, girls!

[He, Sora, and Mia jump into the beach]

Thug A: That kid's gonna pay big time for stealing our shot against the Orange Crew!

Thug B: Yeah, and for stealing a Lapras that should've been ours!

Thug C: Good thing this Lapras happened to come ashore. Now we've got another shot!

Alvin: You're not gonna get any shot with the way you're treating that Lapras!

[The thugs turn and notice the gang (Sora and Mia have transformed)]

Thug A: Hey! Who do you think you are, barging in on us like that?!

Thug B: Yeah, and why are those dirty chicks dressed like that?!

Thug C: Nobody told me the circus was in town!

Mia: [whips out her lance] Call me dirty again and you're dead!

Sora: We're the Kaleido Gladiators, defenders of justice.

Alvin: And it's time for you three to turn yourselves in!

Thugs: [each toss a Pokéball] Go!

[Out of the Pokéballs come a Fearow, a Hitmonchan, and a Beedrill]

Fearow: Fearow!

Hitmonchan: Chan!

[Beedrill buzzes]

Alvin: [tosses three Pokéballs] I'll fight fire with fire!

[Out of the Pokéballs come his Arcanine, Rhyperior, and Empoleon]

Arcanine: Arrr!

Rhyperior: Rhyperior!

Empoleon: Empoleon!

Alvin: Arcanine, use Flamethrower on Beedrill!

[Arcanine fires Flamethrower at Beedrill, who dodges]

Sora: It missed!

Thug A: Fearow, Aerial Ace! Slice and dice his Rhyperior!

[Fearow dives toward Rhyperior, who intercepts with its solid-rock arms]

Alvin: Flying-type moves are useless against Rhyperior's rock-hard body! Rhyperior, Rock Wrecker!

[Rhyperior fires a giant rock at Fearow, hitting it hard]

Thug B: Beedrill, Twin Needle! Poison that Arcanine!

[Beedrill flies toward Arcanine]

Alvin: Fire Fang!

[Arcanine's fangs ignite; it bites Beedrill w/Fire Fang]

Alvin: Empoleon, use Drill Peck on Hitmonchan!

[Empoleon strikes Hitmonchan w/Drill Peck]

Thug A: The kid's too good!

Thug B: Let's crush him with all our Pokémon!

[The thugs each whip out 5 more Pokéballs]

Sora: [fires an arrow at the thugs] Not so fast!

[The thugs dodge, but accidentally drop their Pokéballs]

Thug C: You bitch! Hitmonchan, knock her out with Focus Punch!

[Hitmonchan charges as Sora]

Mia: [knocks Hitmonchan back w/her lance] Beat it, Drago!

Alvin: [recalls all his Pokémon and tosses another Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard]

[Charizard roars; the thugs and their Pokémon quiver with fear]

Alvin: What you're about to suffer isn't even gonna be close to the pain you made Lapras feel! Charizard, Flamethrower at full power!

[Charizard fires a full-blown Flamethrower at the thugs and their Pokémon; the thugs and their Pokémon scream, then faint]

[Charizard roars and fires a triumphant Flamethrower; Officer Jenny drives into the scene on her motorcycle]

Jenny: What's the trouble here?

Alvin: Officer, arrest those men!

Sora: They were beating up that Lapras.

Mia: And they tried to cheat in their Pokémon battle with Alvin.

[Lapras nods weakly]

Jenny: Very well. Thank you. [grabs the thugs and all their Pokéballs] You three are under arrest for assaulting Pokémon, among other things. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can't afford one, one will be provided for you. Do you understand these rights?

All thugs: Yes, ma'am.

[Jenny takes the thugs away]

Alvin: See to it that they all get banned from Pokémon battling for good!

Jenny: You got it!

Alvin: [recalls Charizard] Charizard, return!

Sora and Mia: Gladiator out!

[They revert to normal]

Sora: We gotta get that Lapras to a doctor.

Mia: But how are we gonna carry a heavy thing like that?

Alvin: Simple. [tosses an empty Pokéball] Pokéball, go!

[The ball captures Lapras; the ball shakes, then stops flashing red]

Alvin: [takes the ball] Let's get it to a Pokémon Center right away!

[They all exit the beach]

[Tangelo Island Pokémon Center, 12:16pm]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia speak with the local Nurse Joy]

Alvin: Nurse, how's Lapras doing?

Joy: It'll be fine, Alvin. But it's gonna need some rest for a while. But why were those thugs attacking it in the first place?

Alvin: Probably to use it against the Orange Crew.

Joy: I'll bet they're the same creeps who tried to beat up a baby Lapras long ago. They've learned nothing from back then.

Alvin: The cops have them now.

Joy: Hey, are you Alvin Seville?

Alvin: Mm-hmm. You must've listened to my music.

Joy: As have all my sisters and cousins. However, I also heard about you from my friend Tyler Steele. He told me about your quest for pieces of a crystal.

Alvin: That's why we're here. And Tyler said that this is one of those islands on which we can find a subcrystal. Do you know where it is?

Joy: Unfortunately, Tyler never gave me the exact location of the crystal.

Alvin: Typical.

[A pair of children enter w/their Pokéballs]

Joy: How may I help you kids?

Child A: Nurse Joy, could you give our Pokémon a checkup, please?

Joy: [takes the Pokéballs] Sure thing.

Child B: By the way, Nurse, we couldn't help overhearing you and this kid talking about a crystal.

Child A: I think we can help him find it.

Alvin: How?

Child A: There's a cave in Pokémon Park, but you don't wanna go in there. There's a Nidoking in that cave, and it's got a bad temper.

Alvin: [scoffs] Seriously, a Nidoking? No problem!

Child B: You must have a death wish if you wanna go into that cave.

Alvin: With Rhyperior by my side, how can I lose to a Nidoking? Ground-types always have an advantage over Poison-types, and Nidoking is a Ground-type and a Poison-type. Plus, if Nidoking tries to use any Water, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Steel, or Ground-type moves, Rhyperior's Solid Rock ability will drop the damage by 25%. Besides, I've also got my Water-type Empoleon for backup.

Mia: Plus, your Charizard is a Flying-type, so Ground-type moves won't work on him.

Alvin: True dat, Mia.

Child A: Well, if you're sure...

Child B: It's your funeral.

Joy: Kids, please. [to the gang] You three just be careful out there. Plus, remember that Pokémon Park is a preservation area. Capturing Pokémon is forbidden there.

Sora: But what if the Nidoking tries to attack us?

Joy: There's no law against fighting back.

[The Pokémon Center heal signal is heard]

Joy: Ah!

[She is given a Pokéball and hands it to Alvin]

Joy: Here you go, Alvin. Lapras is perfectly fighting fit. You know, after you find the crystal, Lapras might be of good use to you in traveling to the next island where you can find another.

Alvin: You got it, Nurse. But right now, let's see what that Nidoking can dish out.

Last edited by TVLubber (1/29/2023 11:03 pm)

8/23/2016 8:28 pm  #3

[Pokémon Park, 12:33pm]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia enter the cave]

Alvin: It's quiet in here.

Sora: A little too quiet.

Mia: Let's just focus. The moment Alvin gets his hands on that Xenon subcrystal, we leave.

Sora: But what about the Nidoking?

Alvin: If we run into it, I'll take it.

[Suddenly, a flock of Zubat fly past; Mia shrieks]

Sora: Mia, what's wrong?!

Mia: I think those are bats!

Alvin: It's just a flock of Zubat. [looks up Zubat] Let's see.

Dextette: Zubat, the Bat Pokémon. Zubat avoids sunlight because exposure causes it to become unhealthy. During the daytime, it remains in caves or under the eaves of old houses, sleeping while hanging upside down.

Mia: No different from any actual bat.

Alvin: I heard that Zubat evolves into Golbat, then into Crobat. Zubat are much easier to notice after they evolve, 'cause they're much bigger. I should know. When I caught Crobat as a Golbat, it was more than twice the size of those Zubat.

Mia: You're right, Alvin.

[Alvin notices an arrow ahead pointing to the left]

Alvin: To the left, ladies.

[The gang treks to the left and into a darker crevice]

Sora: I can't see.

Mia: It's so dark.

Alvin: Leave it to me, girls. [opens a Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars]

Alvin: The flame on his tail should light the way. Charizard, lead on.

[Charizard nods; the gang follows him down the crevice]

Alvin: Ash told me that back when his Charizard was a Charmander, it would help him light the way in dark paths, like caves. I'm sure my Charizard would do the same, even if he's fully-evolved.

Mia: Ash is a very resourceful kid.

Sora: Yeah. If only he could win a league.

Alvin: He did, once. The Orange League, right here in the Orange Archipelago.

Sora: I take it back.

[Alvin notices something shiny at the end of the crevice]

Alvin: Guys, over there! Quick!

[The gang quickly ventures further down the crevice until they finally reach the end; there is one of the Xenon subcrystals]

Alvin: There it is, guys! The first component of the Xenon Crystal!

Sora: Well, go ahead! Grab it!

Alvin: [runs toward the crystal] Woo-hoo!

[But before he can get near the pillar on which the crystal is standing, a Nidoking pops up from underground right in front of Alvin]

Nidoking: Nido!

[Sora and Mia scream and cling to each other]

Alvin: It's the Nidoking!

[He looks up Nidoking]

Dextette: Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon. One swing of Nidoking's mighty tail can snap a telephone pole as if it were a matchstick.

Nidoking: Nidoking!

[It fires Thunder at Charizard]

Alvin: Charizard, look out! It's using Thunder!

[Charizard dodges]

Alvin: Use Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Nidoking, who barely takes damage from the attack]

Mia: It didn't work!

Sora: How can that be? Nidoking's a Ground-and-Poison-type, not a Rock-type.

Alvin: This must be no ordinary Nidoking. Okay. So far, I've seen Nidoking use Dig and Thunder. There's no telling what two other moves it has.

[Nidoking fires multiple rocks at Charizard]

Alvin: Oh, no! Stone Edge! [recalls Charizard] Charizard, return!

[The rocks miss; Nidoking growls]

Sora: Alvin, use a Water-type!

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Good idea! Empoleon, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Empoleon]

Empoleon: Empoleon!

Alvin: Hydro Pump!

[Empoleon fires Hydro Pump at Nidoking, who charges right through it without even breaking a sweat]

Alvin: It survived Hydro Pump?!

Empoleon: Pol?!

[Nidoking burrows underground]

Mia: There's Dig again!

Sora: Alvin, call Empoleon back! A Steel-type Pokémon is weak against Ground-type moves!

Alvin: [recalls Empoleon] Right! Empoleon, return! [tosses another Pokéball] Rhyperior, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Rhyperior]

Rhyperior: Rhyperior!

[Nidoking pops up and notices Rhyperior, then growls]

Alvin: Use Drill Run!

[Rhyperior spins like a drill and charges at Nidoking; Nidoking intercepts w/Iron Tail, knocking Rhyperior back]

Alvin: Not Iron Tail, too!

Sora: Try something else, Alvin!

Alvin: Roger! Rhyperior, let's try that new move I taught you before. Ice Punch!

Rhyperior: Rhy!

[Its right fist becomes enveloped with frost as it strikes Nidoking with it; Nidoking groans in pain]

Alvin: Bullseye! I knew an Ice-type move would work!

[Enraged, Nidoking burrows underground again]

Alvin: Careful, Rhyperior!

[Nidoking pops up from behind Rhyperior and strikes it hard]

Alvin: Rhyperior!

Rhyperior: [growls] Rhyperior.

Alvin: Use Rock Wrecker!

[Rhyperior fires a giant rock at Nidoking, who crushes it in half w/Iron Tail, then strikes Rhyperior on the head w/the same move]

Alvin: Since Rock Wrecker missed, you can still move. Let's finish that Nidoking with Horn Drill!

[Rhyperior's horn spins around rapidly; Rhyperior charges at Nidoking; Nidoking intercepts w/its hands, then fires Stone Edge at Rhyperior, hitting it hard]

Alvin: No! How can Rock-type moves weaken Rhyperior?!

Sora: Alvin, that Nidoking's too strong!

Alvin: I can't give up! My fellow Spider Riders need that subcrystal!

Mia: Alvin...

Alvin: Listen up, Nidoking! That crystal belongs to the Spider Riders! I won't stop fighting you until I get my hands on it! Even if it takes my every last Pokémon and every last ounce of my strength, I'll see to it that I'm triumphant, if it's the last thing I do! You hear me?!

[Nidoking growls]

Narrator: So, Alvin's part of the 'Munk Team's quest for the Xenon subcrystals begins with a battle against a rogue Nidoking for the first component. Most of Alvin's Pokémon are low on strength, but can Alvin make a comeback? Can he succeed? And what of the rest of the team? And are there anymore obstacles to come their way?

[Meanwhile, at Prescott's base, Marcello Vega (played by Steven Pasquale) consults with Prescott]

Prescott: The Orange Islands, eh?

Vega: Yes, boss. The Chipmunks and the Chipettes are trying to recover the 8 pieces of the Xenon Crystal, the only object that can restore the Spider Riders' powers.

Prescott: I see. Mr. Vega, I want you to send some of my best demons to the islands where the subcrystals are located. And see to it that none of them return until I have every last piece.

Vega: But, sir, they need all 8 pieces to restore the Spider Riders' powers. Why should we get them all when obtaining only one will ruin their chances?

Prescott: Just do it! Or you can gimme back that $10,000 I paid you for killing Alto.

Vega: Yes, sir. [exits]

Prescott: Getting all 8 will truly enhance my demons' powers, as well as my chances of victory over ACME Crime Net. Rawlings, are you sure your demons are strong enough to tackle the Orange Islands?

Rawlings: Yes, Mr. Vorstein. I've already sent Cyclofiend to Tangelo Island's Pokémon Park to deal with Alvin. The kid's already battling with a Nidoking for the first subcrystal.

Prescott: Let the kid get his paws on the subcrystal. It won't be there for long once he gets out of that cave. [snickers]

Cissy: Welcome to the Mikan Island Gym. You up for a challenge?

Simon: You're on!

Sarah: I hear that Cissy is one of the toughest trainers in the Orange Crew.

Alvin: All right, Lapras! Ready to rumble?!

[Lapras squeals]

Cyclofiend: Give me that crystal, or I'll have to use force!

Alvin: Never!

Cyclofiend: Without your powers, you're helpless!

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net, The Xenon Quest Part 1!

Simon: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Blastoise: Blastoise!

Last edited by TVLubber (7/17/2017 7:57 am)

8/24/2016 8:11 am  #4

Speaking of the Orange Islands, We haven't done one of these in like forever. Time for an Orange Islands Quizzer. It's basically True or False questions. Ash, please do not attempt to answer! 

1. Ash traveled along the Orange Islands with Misty and Tracey Seville [no relation to Alvin!].
2. To qualify for the Orange Island Leauge Championship, you need to earn four badges.
3. Sunburst Island is where Ash and his friends found a Crystal Onyx.
4. Rind Island's gym-leader Luana mistakes Ash as her son.
5. Jenny is accompanied by Chansey. And Joy is accompanied by Growlithe. Should this be swtiched or leave them alone?
6. A Nidoking can only be acquired when a Moon Stone item is applied to a Nidorino.
7. Lapras can keep track of it's fellow pod members through use of high-pitched songs they constantly sing

Last edited by ACME Crime Net (8/24/2016 8:11 am)

8/24/2016 9:43 am  #5

ACME Crime Net wrote:

Speaking of the Orange Islands, We haven't done one of these in like forever. Time for an Orange Islands Quizzer. It's basically True or False questions. Ash, please do not attempt to answer! 

1. Ash traveled along the Orange Islands with Misty and Tracey Seville [no relation to Alvin!].
2. To qualify for the Orange Island Leauge Championship, you need to earn four badges.
3. Sunburst Island is where Ash and his friends found a Crystal Onyx.
4. Rind Island's gym-leader Luana mistakes Ash as her son.
5. Jenny is accompanied by Chansey. And Joy is accompanied by Growlithe. Should this be swtiched or leave them alone?
6. A Nidoking can only be acquired when a Moon Stone item is applied to a Nidorino.
7. Lapras can keep track of it's fellow pod members through use of high-pitched songs they constantly sing

1. False. Misty's surname remains a mystery, and Tracey's surname is Sketchit.
2. True.
3. True.
4. False. Luana is the Gym Leader of Kumquat Island, not Rind Island.
5. False. It's the other way around. Switch 'em.
6. True, because Nidorino requires a Moon Stone to evolve into Nidoking.
7. Beats me.

Board footera