ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2016 6:58 pm  #1

Side-Fic 245: The Xenon Quest Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Theodore: Hi, everyone! The show's about to begin! Remember, watch in a brightly lit room, and make sure you're not sitting too close to the monitor.

Venusaur: Venusaur!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

Narrator: In our last installment, Simon, Anna, and Marion arrived on Mikan Island, home of the Mikan Island Pokémon Gym. After rescuing Senta, younger brother of Gym Leader Cissy, Cissy challenged Simon to a gym battle. Simon and Qwilfish aced the first round, whilst Cissy and Seadra won the second. To break the tie, the two trainers called on their Blastoise for a Pokémon wave ride, which proved to be fierce. Suddenly, a tidal wave, which, unknown to the group, was stirred up by Prescott's top demon: Savage, crashed on Cissy. Simon dived down to the rescue, whilst his Blastoise assumed its Mega form to assist its trainer. After the dramatic rescue, the race continued, with Simon emerging victorious by a nose. Thanks to Mega Blastoise, Simon not won the Xenon subcrystal, but he also earned a Coral Eye Badge.

Meanwhile, on Tangelo Island, Alvin defeated the cave-dwelling Nidoking with a little help from his newly-caught Lapras and achieved the first component of the Xenon Crystal. But as his group exited the cave, they were confronted by one of Prescott Vorstein's demons: A one-eyed demon named Cyclofiend. While Sora and Mia dealt with the Demonitron army, Alvin, seemingly helpless without his Spider Rider powers, took on Cyclofiend on his own. With the help of the Nidoking he beat, along with Arcanine's newly-learned Fire Blast, the group was able to destroy Cyclofiend. What challenges await them in Sunburst Island, site of the next Xenon subcrystal?

[Sunburst Island, Tuesday, August 16th, 8:21am]

[The sun shines brightly as Alvin's Lapras is close to Sunburst Island; Mia looks at the island through her binoculars]

Mia: Wow! Land ahoy.

[Sora looks ahead]

Sora: That's Sunburst Island?

Mia: Yeah. It looks beautiful.

[Alvin, sleeping on Sora's lap, wakes up]

Alvin: [yawns] What's going on?

Sora: Oh, Alvin, good morning.

Mia: Morning, sleepyhead. Did you sleep okay?

Alvin: Yeah. Hey, are we at Sunburst Island yet?

Sora: Almost. But take a look.

[Mia hands Alvin her binoculars; Alvin notices the island straight ahead]

Alvin: Xenon subcrystal #3, here we come! Lapras, full speed ahead!

[Lapras picks up speed as it swims toward the island]

[8:30am]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia observe the island; they wind up in a series of crystal and glass shops]

Sora: Look at all this glass!

Mia: I've never seen so much in a single area before.

Alvin: Me, neither. Just don't touch anything, but more importantly, don't break anything, or we'll have to pay for it.

Sora and Mia: Got it.

[They gaze upon the glass objects, then notice glass figures of Pokémon that almost look alive]

Alvin: Wow! Look at those figures!

Sora: They're shaped like Pokémon!

Mia: Yeah! There's a Diglett, a Grimer, a Dratini, and a Spearow.

Sora: There's also a Raticate, a Caterpie, and a Farfetch'd.

Alvin: I like the one that looks like a Charmeleon the best.

[Sora giggles; a familiar girl walks up to them]

Marissa: Glad you guys like it. It's almost like my brother's glass-making partner.

Mia: Excuse me, but do you work here?

Marissa: I'm just an apprentice. My brother runs this shop.

Alvin: Can we go see him?

Marissa: Sure. Come on in.

[Inside the shop, Marissa brings the group to her older brother Mateo]

Mateo: Marissa, haven't I told you not to bother our customers?

Marissa: I wasn't, Mateo.

Sora: It's true. We just came to meet the owner.

Alvin: And tell him how well he made those glass Pokémon figures.

Mateo: You're looking at him. My name is Mateo, and this is my sister and apprentice Marissa.

Marissa: It's nice to meet you.

Alvin: You, too. I'm Alvin. This is Sora, and this is Mia.

Mateo: Wait. You wouldn't happen to be the famous recording star and lead singer of the Chipmunks, would you?

Alvin: Yeah, I am.

Marissa: I love your music! I just can't believe I'm actually talking to you.

Alvin: Gee, thanks, Marissa. How 'bout a quick selfie? I'll have it sent right back to you.

Marissa: Okay.

Alvin: [whips out his iPhone] Smile!

[He takes a selfie w/Marissa]

Alvin: So, Mateo, what got you into making glass in the first place?

Mateo: My grandfather used to run this store. He was a talented artist, and he made beautiful glass sculptures of Pokémon day in and day out. After he died, I vowed to follow in his footsteps. But for a while, I couldn't make anything good enough to sell in the shop the way he would. My sculptures didn't have the same soul, sparkle, or inner fire. Compared to Grandpa's, they were like ordinary statues. When Grandpa was young, he saw a Crystal Onix.

Alvin: Crystal Onix?

Marissa: It's what inspired my brother to make these glass sculptures of Pokémon that almost look alive.

Mateo: Since that day, I found the same spark my Grandpa found, and that made my shop the huge success it is today.

Sora: That's amazing.

Mia: Mateo, your sister said the figure that looked like a Charmeleon looked like your glass-making partner.

Mateo: And she's right. [opens a Pokéball] I'll show you.

[Out of the ball comes his Charmeleon]

Charmeleon: Charmeleon!

Alvin: It's been a long time since I last saw a Pokémon like that.

[He looks up Charmeleon]

Dextette: Charmeleon, the Flame Pokémon, and the evolved form of Charmander. When Charmeleon swings its burning tail, it elevates the air temperature to unbearably high levels.

Mateo: Charmeleon's helped me with sculpting glass ever since it was a Charmander.

Charmeleon: [nods] Char.

Alvin: Awesome.

Mateo: Check this out.

[The gang watches as Mateo makes a small glass sculpture, using Charmeleon's Flamethrower; after they are finished; Mateo shows the gang a completed glass sculpture of a Charizard]

Alvin: Awesome! A Charizard!

Mateo: [places the glass Charizard in an annealer cooling oven] The last thing to do is put it in a cooling oven to stave off the heat. It'll be all ready for you in a few hours.

Alvin: How much do you want for it?

Mateo: Actually, this one's a free sample.

Marissa: They say a happy customer is a repeat customer.

Sora: And it's true.

Alvin: You know, speaking of crystals, the reason the three of us are here on this island is because we've been sent on an important mission.

Mateo: You wanna find the Crystal Onix, too?

Alvin: No. We're looking for a piece of the Xenon Crystal. It was split into 8 and scattered all over the Orange Archipelago.

Mia: And this is one of the islands on which we can find one.

Sora: Do you know where we can find it?

Mateo: I wish I knew.

Marissa: We could show you to the Crystal Onix and see if it knows.

Alvin: That's not a bad idea. I'd sure love to get some pictures of that.

Sora: Alvin, I don't think we should bother. If even one picture of the Crystal Onix goes viral, it could spell disaster for both you and the Crystal Onix.

Mia: We can't take that chance. Seeing it, and maybe battling it, is more than enough.

Mateo: I think they're right, Alvin.

Alvin: Hmm... Okay. But we've still got a subcrystal to find, anyway.

Mateo: [recalls Charmeleon] Let's go!

[All five of them exit the shop; Mateo shuts the door and places a sign: "CLOSED"]

[Cut to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen it all]

Prescott: Vega?

Vega: Yes, sir?

Prescott: My new demon: Crystofiend-- Is he ready?

Vega: Absolutely, sir. His armor is virtually impenetrable, and the source of his power: The pearls on his shoulderpads, fire dangerous energy blasts at his enemies.

Prescott: Very good, Vega. Very good. See to it that he returns with the Crystal Onix and a Xenon subcrystal, dead or alive. Savage, what about you? Any ideas on how to thwart Theodore Seville's attempt to reach his subcrystal on Navel Island?

Savage: All in good time, sir. All in good time. [snickers]

[Navel Island, 8:48am]

[Theodore, Rosetta, and May approach a sign near the mountain]

Rosetta: Maybe this sign should tell us where the gym is.

May: Let me. [reads sign] "Welcome, Pokémon trainers, to Navel Island. To challenge the Gym Leader, all challengers must climb to the top of this mountain. Trainers must reach the top on their own. Pokémon may not provide help. Any trainer using a Pokémon will be disqualified. Those accompanying challengers are recommended to use the cable car."

Rosetta: Theodore, maybe we should just find another way to get that crystal.

Theodore: No, Rosetta. If I back out on this, the others will have worked for nothing. I won't let them down. Besides, I climbed the Matterhorn when I was in Switzerland. You girls take the cable car, and I'll meet you at the top.

May: Theodore, you must have a death wish if you're gonna climb that mountain all the way to the top. I'll do it for you.

Theodore: I can't let you do that. Only I can go for that crystal. It'll only respond to me and the rest of my team. I've gotta take this chance. For all our sakes. Don't worry. I'll make it up.

Rosetta: Okay, but be careful.

[Theodore extracts a roped grappling hook from his backpack]

Theodore: Here we go!

[He swings the hook and throws it up to a higher ledge on the mountain and starts to climb]

May: Good luck, Theodore!

[She and Rosetta hurry to the cable car]

[Theodore climbs up to the ledge on which the hook landed, then continues climbing, until at least halfway to the top, he is out of breath]

Theodore: So tired. So hungry.

[He reaches into his backpack and extracts a BLT sandwich and a bottled water]

Theodore: Thank goodness for Tyler Steele.

[He eats his sandwich; a familiar figure walks up to him]

Danny: For a chipmunk, you sure know how to climb like a human.

Theodore: [turns around and notices him] Oh?

Danny: I've been watching you from up here, and I'm impressed with the way you've been climbing without using any Pokémon for help.

Theodore: Gee, thanks. You seem to know your way around the outdoors. You a backpacker or something?

Danny: Yeah, you could say that. Tell me, where did you learn to climb like that?

Theodore: My brothers and I were gonna do a concert in Switzerland.

Danny: The Matterhorn?

Theodore: Mm-hmm. Alvin made us climb all the way to the top just to prove himself. But all that climbing can really pay off here. [takes a sip of his water]

Danny: It sure did. I think you're fully energized, so what say we continue our climb? We're more than halfway to the top.

Theodore: Yeah!

[A little later, Theodore and Danny are close to the top; it is snowing; Theodore shivers]

Theodore: It's supposed to be summer. Why is it so cold up here?

Danny: The climate on this island is very different from the other Orange Islands. Especially on this mountain.

Theodore: I only wish Tyler had told me before, or I would've packed a blanket. This keeps reminding me of that winter when my mom left me and my brothers at Dave's.

Danny: Your mom abandoned you?

Theodore: She had no choice. Winter had gotten very cold, and there was no food. But we forgave her on the day we saw her again.

Danny: Glad to hear that. Uh, I didn't get your name.

Theodore: Theodore.

Danny: Danny. Tell me, Theodore, why'd you come to this island?

Theodore: My brothers and friends and I were sent on a mission: To find 8 pieces of the Xenon Crystal. We've already found two, and I heard one of them is on this island.

Danny: I happen to have a crystal lying around in the cabin. However, I can't give it to you just yet. When I first touched it, a voice told me to only give it to whosoever passes my challenge.

Theodore: Whatever the challenge is, I'll take it, Danny.

Danny: That's the spirit. [looks ahead] Hey, look! We're almost at the cabin.

Theodore: Thank goodness!

[He and Danny venture forth]

[At the top, outside the cabin, where the snow has stopped, May and Rosetta, covered in warm blankets, wait]

Rosetta: Theodore...

May: I hope he's okay.

[Theodore and Danny approach]

Theodore: Hey! May! Rosetta!

May: Theodore!

Rosetta: He made it!

[Theodore runs up to the two girls; May and Theodore hug]

May: I was so scared you might not have made it!

Rosetta: Are you all right? You must be freezing. Wanna share my blanket?

Theodore: Thanks.

[Rosetta carries Theodore in her arms and wraps him and herself in her blanket]

Theodore: I sure owe you big-time for helping me up that mountain, Danny.

Danny: No problem. And congratulations on making it to the top. You passed the test.

Theodore: Passed?

May: I figured it out when we got to the cabin and there was no one inside. Theodore, your new friend here just so happens to be the Navel Island Gym Leader.

Danny: And a member of the Orange Crew.

Rosetta: Climbing the mountain was a test to prove how well you could do without using any Pokémon.

Danny: So, Theodore, you and your Pokémon ready for a big match?

Theodore: More than ever.

[Eye-catch]

Gang: Who's that Pokémon?!

Last edited by TVLubber (7/17/2017 8:28 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/02/2016 1:15 am  #2

Re: Side-Fic 245: The Xenon Quest Pt. 2

I like this story so far.

9/02/2016 11:14 pm  #3

Gang: It's Venusaur!

[Sunburst Island, 9:04am]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia follow Mateo and Marissa to a body of water between their location and a nearby oasis]

Mia: The Crystal Onix lives on that oasis?

Marissa: Mm-hmm.

Sora: How are we gonna get across?

Alvin: Lapras is already tired out from traveling overnight, so it needs a good rest for a while. And I don't think Gyarados and Empoleon have enough strength to carry all five of us.

Mateo: Just wait for the tide to drop.

[The tide lowers, revealing a sand bar connecting their location to the oasis]

Alvin: Wow! Check out that sand bar!

Mateo: It connects the two areas. Come on. Let's move.

[They all race across the sand bar and are halfway to the oasis, when suddenly, an ordinary Onix pops up from underground and roars]

Mateo: Oh, no! It's a regular Onix!

Alvin: It must be a bodyguard, or it's probably just there to scare us away!

[He looks up Onix]

Dextette: Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon. Onix has a magnet in its brain. It acts as a compass so that this Pokémon does not lose direction while it is tunneling.

[Onix roars]

Marissa: [clings to Mateo] It's even scarier than the Crystal Onix!

Alvin: Leave it to me, Marissa. [tosses a Pokéball] Gyarados, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Gyarados]

[Gyarados roars]

Alvin: Use Hydro Pump!

[Gyarados fires Hydro Pump at Onix; Onix dodges, then tosses rocks at Gyarados, hitting it]

Alvin: What was that move?!

Mateo: That's Rock Throw, one of Onix's specialty moves.

Alvin: Then using a Water-and-Flying-type is not a good idea. Gyarados, time for a quick rest.

[Gyarados shakes its head "no"]

Alvin: What?! You wanna keep fighting?

[Gyarados nods]

Alvin: Well, if you say so. Use Aqua Tail!

[Gyarados fires Aqua Tail at Onix, hitting it; Onix strikes back w/Double-Edge, then takes recoil damage]

Alvin: That was Double-Edge!

Marissa: How can you tell?

Alvin: A Normal-type move with that much recoil damage shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Gyarados, Hydro Pump!

[Gyarados fires Hydro Pump at Onix, who dodges, then roars loudly at Gyarados, weakening its defenses]

Mateo: That's Screech! It lowers an opponent's defenses very sharply!

Alvin: This doesn't sound good.

[Onix fires Rock Throw at Gyarados, hitting it hard; Gyarados faints]

Alvin: Gyarados!

Mia: This is bad!

Alvin: [recalls Gyarados] Return! Listen, Onix, we only wanna get some info from the Crystal Onix. We need to know if it knows about the Xenon Crystal and where we can find one of its pieces.

[Onix roars in annoyance and grabs Marissa]

Mateo: Marissa!

Marissa: [screams] Mateo, help me! Someone help!

Mateo: [tosses a Pokéball] Cloyster, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Cloyster]

Cloyster: Cloyster!

Mateo: Save my sister with Water Gun!

[Cloyster fires Water Gun at Onix, who dodges]

Alvin: It sure is fast.

[Onix strikes Cloyster w/Double-Edge again, taking recoil damage; Cloyster faints]

Mateo: Cloyster!

Alvin: You'll pay for that! [tosses another Pokéball] Quilladin, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Quilladin]

Quilladin: Quilladin!

Alvin: Seed Bomb!

[Quilladin fires Seed Bomb at Onix, hitting it and causing it to drop Marissa; Mateo catches her]

Mateo: You okay, Marissa?

Marissa: Yeah. Thanks, Mateo.

Alvin: I'll make sure you don't cause this kind of trouble again. [tosses an empty Pokéball] Pokéball, go!

[The ball sucks Onix inside; the ball hits the ground; the ball shakes for a while, then suddenly pops back open, letting Onix out; Onix roars]

Alvin: [grabs the empty Pokéball] No way! It looked weak enough not to break free!

Sora: It still has enough power to fight back!

Alvin: [recalls Quilladin] Quilladin, return! [tosses another Pokéball] I choose you, Electrode!

[Out of the ball comes his Electrode]

Electrode: Electrode!

Marissa: Onix is part-Ground-type. Electric-type moves don't work.

Alvin: Not gonna use any. Electrode, start with Swift!

[Electrode fires Swift at Onix, hitting it; Onix charges at Electrode and binds it tightly; suddenly, Onix becomes paralyzed]

Sora: What?! It's paralyzed?!

Alvin: Electric-type moves may not work against Onix, but that doesn't mean it can't be paralyzed by Electrode's Static ability. I gave it an Ability Capsule before we left Tangelo Island to swap out its original Soundproof ability. [tosses the empty Pokéball again] Pokéball, go!

[The ball hits Onix and sucks it inside, then hits the ground beside Electrode; the ball shakes, then stops flashing]

Alvin: [grabs the ball] I did it! [poses] I captured Onix!

Alvin: [recalls Electrode] Thanks, Electrode. You've been of big help.

[Alvin's Pokéball w/Onix shrinks and flashes red]

Alvin: It's too bad I can't use Onix for the rest of this mission. I can only hold up to six Pokémon.

Mateo: Well, with that out of the way, let's get going!

[They all venture forth]

[Navel Island, 9:15am]

[May and Rosetta watch as Theodore and Danny stand before a pair of geyser holes]

Danny: Here are the rules, Theodore. This match is determined in three rounds. If you win two out of three, the crystal is all yours. All clear?

Theodore: [nods] Mm-hmm.

Danny: In round 1, each of us will choose a Pokémon and have them use an Ice-type move to freeze hot water.

Theodore: Hot water?

[Hot water starts bursting from the geysers]

Danny: Yep.

Rosetta: I've never seen a geyser up close before!

May: We hardly get those in China. [records on her iPhone] I gotta document this.

Danny: The first one to freeze the whole thing wins. [tosses a Pokéball] I choose you, Nidoqueen!

[Out of the ball comes his Nidoqueen]

Nidoqueen: Nidoqueen!

Rosetta: Theodore, use Cloyster! It's an Ice-type, isn't it?

Theodore: I'm afraid I left it back home. [extracts a Pokéball] Besides, this is the perfect time to test out a new move I taught one of my newest Pokémon. [tosses the ball] Gastrodon, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes an East Sea Gastrodon]

Gastrodon: Gastrodon!

May: He must be crazy. He's hardly ever used Gastrodon.

Theodore: Gastrodon!

Danny: Nidoqueen!

Theodore and Danny: Ice Beam!

[Each Pokémon fires Ice Beam at a geyser]

Theodore: Keep it up, Gastrodon! You're doing it!

Danny: Full power, Nidoqueen!

[Both Pokémon increase power, until finally, both are finished and exhausted]

Theodore: That was close. Who won that one?

Danny: I think that was a draw. Anyone catch that?

May: [stops recording] I did, and I can view it in slow motion with the SloPro app on my iPhone. [reviews the video] And it looks as if both Pokémon finished freezing their geysers at the exact same time. [slows the video down at the finish at 500 FPS] Check it out.

[In the video, both finish simultaneously]

May: Can you split the difference?

Danny: Well, after reviewing the video, I'm gonna declare this one a draw. Nobody wins, nobody loses.

Theodore: [recalls Gastrodon] I agree. So, what's next?

Danny: [brings down the blocks of ice] The reason we froze the hot water is so we could use the ice in the second round. In round 2, each of us will use three Pokémon to carve an ice sled out of the ice.

Theodore: With the ice this big, it's probably enough to support my Venusaur.

Danny: [tosses two Pokéballs] In addition to my Nidoqueen, I'll use these two.

[Out of the Pokéballs come Danny's Scyther and Machoke]

Scyther: Scyther!

Machoke: Machoke!

Theodore: [looks up Machoke] Hmm...

Dextette: Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon, and the evolved form of Machop. Machoke's muscular body is so powerful, it must wear a power-save belt to be able to regulate its motions.

Danny: So, which three Pokémon are you gonna use, Theodore?

Theodore: I've got just the three. [tosses three Pokéballs] Go!

[Out of the Pokéballs come three of his Pokémon]

Theodore: Aggron,...

Aggron: Aggron!

Theodore: Hitmonchan,...

Hitmonchan: Hitmonchan!

Theodore: ...and Infernape!

Infernape: Infernape!

Danny: A Steel-and-Rock-type, a Fighting-type, and a Fire-and-Fighting-type. Very good choices.

Theodore and Danny: Let's go!

[Nidoqueen, Machoke, and Scyther start chiseling their ice block]

Theodore: Aggron, start with Metal Claw!

[Aggron chisels its team's ice block w/Metal Claw]

Theodore: Infernape and Hitmonchan, Mach Punch!

[Infernape and Hitmonchan each chisel the ice w/Mach Punch]

Theodore: Now, to finish it, Infernape, use Flamethrower!

[Infernape fires Flamethrower at the ice block, until it is finally made into an ice sled]

Danny: Wow! You sure are fast, Theodore. You've just won the second round.

Theodore: Yes! Nice job, guys!

[Infernape, Hitmonchan, and Aggron fist-bump]

May: That was fast.

Rosetta: Well, fair's fair. If Theo wins the next round, he wins the crystal.

Danny: I must say, this is quite another match I surely won't forget after this is over.

[Meanwhile, back on Sunburst Island, Alvin and the gang enter the cave of the Crystal Onix]

Sora: Wow! Look at all those pretty crystals!

Mia: This has to be where the Crystal Onix lives.

[Suddenly, the ground rumbles]

Alvin: Whoa! What's happening?!

Mateo: I think it's...!

[Up from the water rises none other than the Crystal Onix]

Alvin and Mateo: It's the Crystal Onix!

Sora: An Onix made entirely out of crystal?!

Mia: It's amazing!

Marissa: Yeah, but it's also pretty scary.

Alvin: Wait'll the gang back home hears about this. Hey, Crystal Onix!

[The Crystal Onix stares at him]

Alvin: We're looking for a piece of the Xenon Crystal. I was told it was on this island. [extracts a subcrystal from his backpack] It looks something like this. Do you know where we can find one?

[The Crystal Onix dives back down, then comes back up with a Xenon subcrystal on its head]

Alvin: That's the one!

[The Crystal Onix gently shakes its head "no"]

Alvin: What?

Mateo: I think it's trying to say it wants to battle you for it.

Alvin: You want a battle? You've got one. [tosses a Pokéball] Quilladin, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Quilladin]

Quilladin: Quilladin!

Alvin: Rock-and-Ground-types are weak against Grass-type moves. Quilladin, Needle Arm!

[Quilladin strikes the Crystal Onix w/Needle Arm, but the Crystal Onix pushes it back]

Quilladin: Quill!

Marissa: It's not working!

Mateo: I tried using a Water-type move against it the last time I saw it, but it just bounced right off. I don't think a Grass-type move will work, either.

Alvin: Then I'll try a Ground-type move. Onix is weak against that. Quilladin, Bulldoze!

[Quilladin stomps on the ground, sending shockwaves toward the Crystal Onix, hitting it]

Alvin: Direct hit! That should slow it down.

[The Crystal Onix fires Rock Throw at Quilladin, hitting it hard]

Quilladin: QUILL!

Alvin: No!

[The Crystal Onix strikes Quilladin w/Double-Edge hard; Quilladin faints]

Alvin: Quilladin! [recalls Quilladin] Return.

Sora: We can't give up 'til we get that crystal.

Alvin: [extracts another Pokéball] Since most of my other Pokémon are still worn out, this one's my last hope.

[Suddenly, Crystofiend (a demon made out of crystal w/pearls on his shoulerpads) appears before him]

Crystofiend: No one is getting that Crystal Onix or that subcrystal except Prescott Vorstein!

Marissa: [screams] This guy's even scarier than any Onix!

Crystofiend: I am Crystofiend, a demon made out of pure crystal. And you guys are in my way!

[He pushes Alvin to the ground]

Sora: Alvin!

Cyrstofiend: Now for the Crystal Onix!

[He charges at the Crystal Onix, who fires Rock Throw at him; Crystofiend fires blasts from his pearls at the crystal rocks, smashing them to pieces]

Crystofiend: Your paltry Pokémon attacks won't ever penetrate my crystal! Now, give me that subcrystal!

[The Crystal Onix roars at Crystofiend and slams him to the ground w/its tail]

Crystofiend: [growls] You'll pay for that, Crystal Onix!

[He fires blasts from his pearls at the Crystal Onix, which get bounced right off]

Crystofiend: Rapid fire!

[He fires even more blasts rapidly; the Crystal Onix continues evading, but almost gets hit by one blast; suddenly, Marissa kicks Crystofiend in the knee, causing him to cease fire]

Marissa: Leave the Crystal Onix alone, you big, ugly bully!

Crystofiend: You little brat!

[He grabs her and grips her close to his right shoulderpad]

Alvin: Marissa!

Sora and Mia: Let her go!

Crystofiend: Let's make it a little more interesting. You give me the subcrystal and the Crystal Onix, and I give you the girl. You have my word. Refuse, and the girl will suffer.

Marissa: You're not getting anything! Just let me go!

Sora: We gotta suit up.

Mia: We can't. He might wind up hurting Marissa even more.

Crystofiend: [tightens his grip on Marissa] Your decision. The girl or the Crystal Onix. But make one false move, and my pearls will destroy her. What'll it be?

Marissa: Mateo...!

Mateo: Alvin, we have to give him the Crystal Onix and the subcrystal.

Alvin: Mateo, are you crazy?! Look, I wanna save your sister, too, but if we give Crystofiend the Xenon subcrystal, the Spider Riders will never get their powers back, and Prescott Vorstein will use it to destroy everything! Plus, you know what Prescott will do to the Crystal Onix?!

Mia: He could put it on exhibit just to make money without even caring about its health and safety!

Sora: Besides, Prescott's an escaped convict, and he'll stop at nothing to get revenge on us for executing his uncle.

Mateo: I know, but if I don't give Crystofiend what he wants, I might lose my sister. For her sake, I've gotta do this. Okay, Crystofiend. You can have the Crystal Onix. Just don't hurt my sister.

Crystofiend: [tosses Marissa back to him] Excellent choice!

[Mateo catches Marissa, who cries in his arms]

Marissa: Why did you do it, Mateo?

Mateo: You're more important to me than all the glass in the world, Marissa.

Marissa: Mateo...

Crystofiend: Now, Crystal Onix, you're mine! Hand me the subcrystal!

[The Crystal Onix slowly creeps up to him and brings the subcrystal on its head even closer]

Crystofiend: Ah, yes. The crystal is mine.

Mateo: [tosses a Pokéball] Charmeleon, go!

[Out of the ball comes his Charmeleon]

Charmeleon: Char!

Mateo: Flamethrower!

[Charmeleon fires Flamethrower at Crystofiend, pushing him to the wall just before he can even touch the subcrystal]

Crystofiend: You tricked me!

Alvin: Good move, Mateo.

Mateo: Did you really think I'd let you keep that subcrystal and Crystal Onix after what you did to my sister?! Charmeleon, Fire Spin!

[Charmeleon fires Fire Spin at Crystofiend, trapping him in a flaming tornado]

Crystofiend: No! I hate fire!

Mateo: Compared to the pain you could've made Marissa feel, it's not even close! Charmeleon, Slash those pearls!

[Charmeleon strikes the pearls on Crystofiend's shoulderpads, shattering them]

Crystofiend: My pearls! [groans] Without them, I'm helpless!

Mateo: Alvin!

Alvin: You got it! [tosses a Pokéball] Electrode, ram him with Rollout!

[Out of the ball comes his Electrode, who strikes Crystofiend w/Rollout hard]

Crystofiend: [grabs Electrode and raises it to the sky] I'll teach you, you overgrown Christmas tree ornament!

[He suddenly becomes paralyzed]

Mateo: He's paralyzed!

Sora: Finish him!

Alvin: Electrode, EXPLOSION!!

[It glows brightly; the cowering Crystofiend tries to throw it, but is too paralyzed to even move; Crystofiend screams, then a massive explosion is shown]

[After the smoke clears, Electrode has fainted, and all that is left of Crystofiend is shattered shards of his armor and broken pearl]

Marissa: He's gone.

Mateo: Electrode killed him.

Alvin: You were awesome, Electrode!

Sora: That'll teach Prescott Vorstein never to mess around with ACME Crime Net.

Mateo: Or the Crystal Onix.

Marissa: I hope he pays.

Alvin: Speaking of the Crystal Onix, I think I know a way to beat it and get the Xenon subcrystal. Seeing Mateo make glass with his Charmeleon, then using that same Pokémon against Crystofiend, the best way to beat a Crystal Onix is to use a Fire-type. [tosses a Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard]

[Charizard roars]

Mateo: Good idea, Alvin! Go for it!

Alvin: Charizard, kick off with Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at the Crystal Onix, overheating it; the Crystal Onix roars, then fires Rock Throw at Charizard, who dodges]

Mia: Look at the Crystal Onix! It's red hot!

Sora: Guess if super-effective Water and Grass-type moves won't work on it, not-so-effective Fire-type moves will!

Alvin: Okay, Charizard! Overheat, now!

[Charizard fires Overheat at the Crystal Onix, hitting it hard; the Crystal Onix falls into the water and faints, then cools down]

Mateo: He did it!

Marissa: Yay, Alvin!

Alvin: Crystal Onix, I've kept my end of the bargain. Now it's your turn.

[The Crystal Onix swims up to Alvin and holds out the subcrystal on its head; Alvin takes it]

Alvin: Thank you.

[The Crystal Onix dives back into the water]

Mateo: Until we meet again, old friend.

Alvin: We did it, Charizard. Xenon subcrystal #3.

[Charizard roars in agreement]

[Later that day, back at Mateo's glass shop, Mateo hands Alvin the miniature glass Charizard]

Mateo: Here you are, Alvin-- Your free sample to remember your time on this island.

Alvin: Thank you, Mateo.

Marissa: And you've also earned this for saving my life from that rogue Onix.

[She gives Alvin a kiss on the cheek]

Alvin: [blushes and giggles] Thanks, Marissa.

Mateo: Are you sure you don't wanna stay here a little longer?

Sora: We'd love to, Mateo, but we've got subcrystals to find, then we're needed back in New York.

Mia: But we won't forget you.

Marissa: By the way, tell Ash we miss him and send our best.

Alvin: We'll remember that.

[Later, on the sea, Alvin, Sora, and Mia ride Lapras as it departs from Sunburst Island]

Tyler: [through Alvin's manacle] Good job, Alvin. That's three down.

Alvin: Have you heard from the others yet?

Tyler: Theodore's currently in a battle with the Navel Island Gym Leader for a subcrystal.

Alvin: Wish him luck for me.

Tyler: Got it. In the meantime, set your next course for Mandarin Island. You may wanna stop on an island along the way for a little rest, though, 'cause it's pretty far.

Alvin: Roger that, Tyler. Alvin out. [signs off]

Sora: Alvin, what'd you think of that Crystal Onix?

Alvin: Totes awesome, Sora. I'm surprised it felt more like a Steel-type than a Rock-and-Ground-type.

Mia: It's been quite a good day for you. You met a glass maker, you met the Crystal Onix, and you caught a regular Onix.

Alvin: Yeah. I just hope it knows how to behave itself after all that it's done to try and stop us from getting to the crystal. [yawns]

Mia: Aww. You sure had a long day, Alvin.

Alvin: [falls asleep on Mia's lap] Wake me when we get to the next island.

Sora: Oh, he's out like a light.

Mia: I know, Sora. He's so cute. [strokes Alvin's head] He makes me think of my little brother back home. Whenever we drive home late at night, he'd sleep on my lap. Just like Alvin does now.

[She bends down and gives Alvin a kiss on the cheek]

Sora: I know. I wish I had a little brother like him.

[She looks up at the sun]

Sora: [in her mind] Theodore, good luck in Navel Island.

[Meanwhile, back at Navel Island, Theodore and Danny are in their ice sleds by the starting line at the top of a steep slope]

Danny: All right, Theodore. This is the final round. If you win, you win the match. If not, we tie. As soon as the signal light turns green, the race will start. The first to cross the finish line all the way down at the beach wins. To help us down, we'll each use three Pokémon. I'll be using the same three Pokémon I used in round 2. [climbs into his sled w/Nidoqueen, Scyther, and Machoke] What do you have in mind for this round?

Theodore: [tosses two Pokéballs] I'm choosing Aggron, along with these two.

[Out of the Pokéballs come two of Theodore's Pokémon:]

Theodore: Froakie...

Froakie: Froakie!

Theodore: ...and Venusaur!

[Venusaur has a Venusaurite wrapped around the stem of the flower on his back]

[Theodore and his three Pokémon climb into Theodore's ice sled]

Theodore: You guys ready?

Aggron: [nods] Agg.

Froakie: [nods] Froak.

Venusaur: [nods] Saur.

Theodore: Venusaur, your job is to steer with your Vine Whip.

Venusaur: [nods] Venusaur.

May: Good luck, Theodore!

Rosetta: We're pulling for you!

Theodore: Thanks, girls.

Danny: Ready?

Theodore: Ready!

[The signal light shines green]

Danny: GO!

[Both sleds take off]

May: Come on, Rose. Let's take the cable car.

Rosetta: Oui.

[They head for the cable car]

[On the slope, while Scyther steers Danny's sled, Venusaur uses his vines to steer Theodore's sled]

Theodore: To the left, Venusaur!

[Venusaur steers to the left]

Theodore: A bit to the right!

[Venusaur steers slightly to the right]

Danny: Everyone stay on course! So far, so good!

Theodore: Aggron, try to speed this thing up with Metal Claw!

[It uses Metal Claw to give the sled extra speed]

Froakie: Froakie?

Theodore: Froakie, use Aerial Ace in stereo with Aggron.

Froakie: Kie!

[It speeds up the sled w/Aerial Ace]

Danny: Better hurry, Scyther! They're catching up fast!

[Suddenly, right behind them falls a massive avalanche]

Theodore: We're close behind, guys! Keep at it!

[Froakie looks behind its and panics]

Theodore: What's the matter?

[He looks behind him and gasps]

Theodore: An avalanche! [turns to Danny's sled] Danny, speed up!

Danny: Speed up? For what? [looks behind him] Oh, my God! Scyther, Nidoqueen, Machoke, full speed ahead!

[All of his Pokémon speed up his sled as Theodore's Pokémon do the same for Theodore's sled]

Theodore: Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!

Danny: It's no use! The faster we go, the closer that avalanche comes at us!

Theodore: Whoever's causing this is surely gonna pay for this!

[Froakie speeds up as fast as it can, then suddenly starts glowing; Venusaur and Aggron notice; as does Danny]

Aggron: Gron?!

Venusaur: Venus?!

Danny: Theodore, look what's happening to Froakie!

Theodore: [notices Froakie] Froakie, are you...?!

[Froakie evolves into a Frogadier]

Frogadier: Frogadier!

Theodore: Froakie, you evolved into Frogadier!

Frogadier: [nods] Frog!

[It jumps onto Venusaur's back, then fires Hydro Pump at the ground behind the sled, speeding it up even further]

Theodore: Hey! Is that Hydro Pump?!

[Frogadier nods and continues firing]

Theodore: Great job!

[He suddenly notices the avalanche getting closer to Danny's sled]

Theodore: Danny, look out!

[Suddenly, the Key Stone on his Mega Bracelet starts to glow, along with Venusaur's Venusaurite; Venusaur Mega-Evolves]

Venusaur: SAAAAAAAAUR!!!

[Just as the avalanche is about to hit Danny's sled, Mega Venusaur whips it further down the mountain w/Power Whip]

Danny: Whoa!

Theodore: I don't care if I lose this race. Your safety is more important!

Danny: Thanks, Theodore!

Theodore: Nice job, Venu-- [looks at Mega Venusaur] YIKES! Venusaur, what happened to you?!

Venusaur: [laughs] Venusaur.

[He points at Theodore's Mega Bracelet; Theodore looks at it]

Theodore: Oh. My good-luck charm is a Mega Bracelet? I'll bet Tyler put this Key Stone in it before I left.

[He turns around and looks ahead; they are approaching the rocky half of the mountain]

Theodore: Uh-oh! Hang on, you guys! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

[They slide down the rocky slope; the heat from the sun melts the avalanche completely; the water dries up quickly]

Theodore: Well, at least the worst is over. But we still gotta catch up to Danny! Frogadier, Hydro Pump!

[Frogadier fires Hydro Pump at the ground behind the sled, speeding it up even further; 3/4 of the way down, Theodore notices Danny's sled on the final stretch]

Theodore: Somebody'd better speed it up! Danny's almost at the finish line!

[Cut back to the beach; May and Rosetta wait by the finish line; May is recording w/her iPhone; one sled is approaching]

Rosetta: Someone's coming!

May: [zooms in w/her iPhone] Looks like it's... Danny?!

[Danny's sled is close to the finish line]

Danny: I owe Theodore one.

Theodore: Venusaur, launch us up with Power Whip!

Venusaur: Saur!

[Danny looks up and sees Theodore's sled high up in the air; it lands on the rocky ground beside Danny; the sled starts to shrink]

Danny: Wow! The kid's not bad!

[Both sleds trade the lead and are neck and neck; Theodore, Aggron, and Frogadier climb on Venusaur's back and hang on while Venusaur slides down on the smaller sled]

Danny: Hang on!

Theodore: I'm hanging!

[His and his Pokémon's combined weight causes their sled to slide down even faster]

May and Rosetta: Here comes Theodore!

[Theodore's sled slides across the finish line and splashes into the sea]

May: He did it!

Rosetta: He won!

[Danny stops his sled just after crossing the finish line]

Danny: What a race.

[Theodore pants]

Theodore: Everyone okay?

[All his Pokémon nod]

Venusaur: [crawls to shore with the others still on his back] Saur.

[Danny walks up to them]

Danny: Congratulations, Theodore. You really surprised me when Froakie evolved and Venusaur Mega-Evolved. For winning two out of three, you deserve this. [hands Theodore a subcrystal from his sled] A piece of the Xenon Crystal.

Theodore: Thank you, Danny.

Danny: [hands Theodore a badge] And not only that, but as proof of your victory here, you've also earned this: The Sea Ruby Badge.

[Theodore takes a closer look at the badge]

Theodore: Wow. It almost looks like a seashell.

Danny: That's the way all badges are in the Orange Islands.

Theodore: Thanks, Danny! [poses] I've just won the Sea Ruby Badge!

Frogadier: Frogadier!

Theodore: [embraces his Pokémon] Thanks, you guys! You've been such a big help in this race!

Rosetta: Wait. Froakie evolved and Venusaur Mega-Evolved?

May: I don't know how it happened, but what's to complain about?

[Later, Theodore, May, and Rosetta ride Gastrodon off the island]

Danny: Bye, guys! Thanks for everything!

Rosetta: Bye, Danny!

May: We'll miss you!

Theodore: Take care, Danny! And thank you!

[He dials Alvin's number on his iPhone]

Sora: Hello?

Theodore: Sora, this is Theodore. Is Alvin there?

Sora: Sorry. He's taking a nap. He's had a long morning after finding another subcrystal.

Theodore: Well, when he wakes up, could you tell him that I found another subcrystal?

Sora: You won?!

Mia: Sora, shh!

Sora: [quietly] Sorry.

Theodore: Yeah. I won. It was a rough race, but we did it.

Sora: Great news. I'll remember to tell Alvin.

Theodore: Okay. Bye.

Sora: Bye.

[Theodore hangs up]

May: Theodore, just as we got to the bottom, we heard a bit of a rumble.

Rosetta: What happened up there?

Theodore: An avalanche, but goodness knows what caused it. It stopped the moment we got to the rocky half of the race.

May: Well, try not to scare us like that again. We were worried.

Theodore: Sorry, girls.

Narrator: Thanks to his courage and skill, and a little help from Mega Venusaur and Frogadier, Theodore was able to defeat Danny and win the fourth Xenon subcrystal and a Sea Ruby Badge. But how will Alvin and the Chipettes fare in finding the others? And what adventures will they encounter along the way? Stay tuned as the journey continues!

[Meanwhile, at Prescott's base, Prescott is furious at Vega]

Prescott: What do you mean Crystofiend failed to get the subcrystal or the Crystal Onix?!

Vega: If that silly glass-making sack of crap hadn't gotten in the way, he would have.

Prescott: And why did Crystofiend let the girl go when her brother agreed to surrender?!

Vega: He gave his word, and he's not the type of demon who'd dishonor his promises.

Prescott: Well, it doesn't matter. We had an understanding, and you broke it. [turns to Savage] And as for you, Savage, I wanna know why everyone survived your avalanche.

Savage: Mega Evolution, I'm afraid, sir.

Prescott: Again, it fouls up my plans. Well, there's still four crystals left not found. No one will rest until I get one. [clenches his fists] And when I do, I'll create an invincible army of demons. Remember that!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tyler: I can't align the subcrystals into an integrated matrix. Even if we do get all 8, combining their energies won't be easy.

Oracle: Ryan Steele, Soprano's newest mutant Mutantula has captured your father and stolen his new phase modulator.

Sora: I can't move.

Alvin: I'll go find the Salveyo weed.

Luana: You know who'd like you kids? My son Travis.

Jeanette: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Xenon Quest Part 3.

Eleanor: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Oshawott: Oshawott!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/19/2018 8:53 pm)

9/05/2016 7:10 am  #4

This side-fic's quizzer:

1. Scyhter evolves into Scizor when traded while holding Mink Coat.
2. Machoke can easily hold aloft Theodore or any sumo wrestler on it's hand.
3. Iron Fist is an ability that powers up any punch by Hitmonchan's move by 50%.
4. A well known owner of Onix is Bruno, because in the Kanto-episode To Master The Onixpected! he removed a Sandslash from Onix.
5. Like it's male counterpart, Nidoqueen evolves from Nidorina from the Moon Stone.
6. A Purple Gyarados is found in the Lake of Rage, north of Mahogany Town, in Johto.
7. When a Gyrados begins to rampage, it will burn everything down, even in a harsh storm.

9/05/2016 7:32 am  #5

ACME Crime Net wrote:

This side-fic's quizzer:

1. Scyther evolves into Scizor when traded while holding Mink Coat.
2. Machoke can easily hold aloft Theodore or any sumo wrestler on it's hand.
3. Iron Fist is an ability that powers up any punching move by 50%.
4. A well known owner of Onix is Bruno, because in the Kanto-episode To Master The Onixpected! he removed a Sandslash from Onix.
5. Like it's male counterpart, Nidoqueen evolves from Nidorina from the Moon Stone.
6. A Purple Gyarados is found in the Lake of Rage, north of Mahogany Town, in Johto.
7. When a Gyrados begins to rampage, it will burn everything down, even in a harsh storm.

1. False. Scyther evolves into Scizor when traded whole holding a Metal Coat.
2. True?
3. False. It's 20%.
4. True, but a better-known Onix trainer is Brock (once his signature Pokémon; later evolved into Steelix).
5. True.
6. False. That was a red Gyarados.
7. True?

Board footera