ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2016 12:02 pm  #1

Side-Fic 247: The Xenon Quest Pt. 4

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Brittany: Showtime is just about here, everybody! Remember to watch in a brightly lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Blaziken: Blaziken!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

Narrator: Last time, after a night at the Kumquat Island Hotel, Jeanette and Eleanor challenged Gym Leader Luana to a tag-team battle. In the midst of a grueling battle, Eleanor's Oshawott evolved into Dewott, learned Hydro Pump, and with the help of Jeanette's Scizor, defeated both of Luana's Pokémon, earning Jeanette and Eleanor the 5th component of the Xenon Crystal and the Jade Star Badge.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the archipelago, while Alvin, Sora, and Mia stopped for a little rest, Sora and Mia were sprayed with Stun Spore caused by a rogue Vileplume sent by Prescott Vorstein's hitman Marcello Vega, while trying to stop it from making innocent Oddish and Gloom work like slaves. Alvin's mighty Charizard scared Vileplume away and earned Alvin a new friend in one of the Oddish. While searching for Salveyo weed to cure the stunned Gladiators, Alvin happened upon a very friendly Poliwag, who helped find the weed for him. Despite Prescott's Demonitron trying to block his path, Alvin was able to pull through, boil the Salveyo weed into tea, and feed it to his ailing friends, curing them of their Stun Spore sickness.

Back in New York, Tyler Steele conducted a new device to combine the subcrystals into a cohesive matrix, but he needed a more advanced phase modulator. After picking one up from New York University that was donated by NASA, he ran into a bug problem with one of Soprano Falco's short supply of mutants. Ash and friends, along with Ryan Steele, came to Tyler's rescue and exterminated the mutant, and soon, the device was complete. The only thing needed was the subcrystals. We now join Brittany and Layla on Trovita Island.

[Trovita Island, Friday. August 19th, 3:43pm]

[Brittany and Layla sit on top of a cliff side]

Brittany: We've searched this island for four straight days, and still no Xenon subcrystal. How can it be this tough on such a small island?

Layla: Brittany, it's so hot out, we can barely keep up.

Brittany: There's gotta be an area in this island we haven't looked yet.

Layla: What about the gym? Maybe we could find some answers there.

Brittany: Yeah. You're right. Simon, Theodore, and my sisters found their crystals in Pokémon Gyms. Why not?

Mahri: Help me!

Layla: What was that?

Brittany: [looks below] Oh, my God!

[She and Layla notice Mahri and her Seel caught in a whirlpool and drowning]

Layla: That poor girl!

Mahri: Rudy! Anybody! HELP!

Seel: Seel! Seel!

[Both start to submerge]

Layla: Hang on! I'm coming!

[She dives off the cliff]

Brittany: Layla!

Layla: Kaleido Power!

[She gets suited up and dives into the sea; she swims toward Mahri and Seel, then grabs them both; all the while, Trovita Island Gym Leader Rudy approaches the cliff side]

Rudy: Mahri! Mahri!

Brittany: Excuse me, but are you related to that little girl down there?

Rudy: She's my little sister. Is she okay?

Brittany: My friend just dove down. She's trying to save her.

[Rudy looks through his binoculars and notices Layla carrying Mahri and Seel to the surface]

Rudy: That woman-- She's the Golden Phoenix of the famous Kaleido Gladiators!

Brittany: Layla's wings are dampened by the seawater. She's gonna have a hard time flying out. I'd better help. [dives off]

Rudy: What are you doing?!

Brittany: Kaleido Power!

[She gets suited up, then flies toward the rescue scene]

Brittany: Layla, grab my hand!

Layla: [grabs Brittany's hand while still holding Mahri and Seel] Got it!

[Brittany flies them up to the cliff side; Layla sets Mahri and Seel down; Layla and Brittany revert to normal]

Layla: Stand back, everyone. This girl needs mouth-to-mouth.

[She takes a deep breath and breathes into Mahri's mouth, then gives her chest compressions; Mahri opens her eyes and gasps for air, then coughs]

Layla: Are you all right?

Mahri: Yeah. Thanks.

Brittany: What were you and your Seel doing?

Mahri: My brother's friends and I were swimming, but Seel and I got caught in a whirlpool. That's the last time I ever go swimming without my brother.

Layla: That's the ticket. Always remember to swim with a buddy, but you'll have even better luck if the one you swim with is a loved one.

Mahri: Thanks, Golden Phoenix.

Layla: [pats Mahri on the head] Please, call me Layla.

Mahri: I'm Mahri.

[Rudy runs up to Mahri; they hug]

Rudy: Mahri, thank God you're okay.

Mahri: I'm sorry I scared you, Rudy.

Rudy: Ladies, my name is Rudy. May I ask yours?

Brittany: I'm Brittany.

Layla: Layla.

Rudy: Layla, I'm forever grateful to you. You saved my sister. [snaps his fingers]

[His friends enter w/bouquets of flowers; Layla laughs nervously]

Rudy: Music?

[One of his friends turns on his iPod, playing slow dance music]

Rudy: May I have this dance?

Layla: Uh, okay.

[She and Rudy slow-dance]

Rudy: Layla, the way you saved my sister made it clear that you're a very brave woman. There aren't many on this island as brave as you are. If you'd stay for a while to protect my gym, it'd be an honor. Please stay.

Layla: I don't know about that, but... Wait. You're the Gym Leader we were about to look for when your sister called for help!

Rudy: That's right!

Brittany: Excuse me for interrupting your little dance, guys, but I was wondering if this Gym Leader could tell us where to find a Xenon subcrystal.

Rudy: Xenon subcrystal? Oh, yeah. I have one at my gym, but a voice keeps telling me that in order to present it to you, you must prove yourself worthy of challenging me.

Brittany: I am, Rudy. So, you up for it?

Rudy: I accept your challenge, but on one condition: Pass a target test.

Brittany: How does this test go?

[Cut to a river; Brittany, Layla, Mahri, and Rudy are riding on a motorboat]

Mahri: As the new judge of the Trovita Island Gym, let me explain the rules. During this boat ride, you have to get your Pokémon to break as many targets that come up at us as you can before we reach the end. If you break enough, you pass. However, you're only allowed to use up to three Pokémon at a time. You can exchange one for another if you want, but pay attention to the targets.

Brittany: Got it! [tosses three Pokéballs] I choose you!

[Out of the Pokéballs come Brittany's Blaziken, Servine, and Milotic]

Servine: Servine!

Milotic: Milotic!

[A target pops up]

Brittany: Blaziken, Flamethrower!

[Blaziken fires Flamethrower at the target, blasting it]

Mahri: Good shot!

[Two more targets appear]

Brittany: Milotic, use Hydro Pump! Servine, Leaf Tornado!

[Milotic fires Hydro Pump at the left target, whilst Servine fires Leaf Tornado at the right target; both targets explode]

Brittany: Okay, guys. Keep firing at those targets!

[Blaziken, Servine, and Milotic continue firing at the oncoming targets, shattering them all; all the while, Rudy is flirting with Layla]

Rudy: Layla, your eyes remind me of a calm blue sea, only lovelier.

Layla: Gee, thanks.

Mahri: [in her mind] I hope Layla doesn't reject him like Misty did.

Layla: Brittany, to your left!

Brittany: Got it! [recalls Milotic] Milotic, return! Blaziken, Flamethrower again!

[Blaziken fires Flamethrower at the target on the left, shattering it]

Brittany: Bullseye! [tosses another Pokéball] Now, I choose you, Magnezone!

[Out of the ball comes her Magnezone]

Magnezone: Magnezone!

Brittany: Next target that comes our way, hit it with Zap Cannon!

[Magnezone nods; another target comes up; Magnezone blasts it with Zap Cannon]

Brittany: [recalls Blaziken] Blaziken, return! [tosses another Pokéball] Altaria, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Altaria]

Altaria: Altaria!

Brittany: [points at an oncoming target] Use Dragon Pulse on that target over there!

[Altaria fires Dragon Pulse at the target, blasting it]

Altaria: Taria!

Brittany: Good job! [recalls Servine] Servine, return! [tosses another Pokéball] Butterfree, it's your turn!

[Out of the ball comes her Butterfree]

Butterfree: Free!

Brittany: Use Signal Beam on the next target!

[Butterfree fires Signal Beam at the next target, blasting it]

Brittany: There's more targets coming! Butterfree, use Gust!

[Butterfree flaps its wings, firing gust at five more oncoming targets, blasting them to pieces]

Rudy: This kid's good.

Brittany: Altaria, Flamethrower!

[Altaria fires Flamethrower at two oncoming targets, blasting them]

Brittany: Magnezone, Thunder!

[Magnezone fires Thunder at two more oncoming targets, blasting them]

Brittany: Keep it up, guys! You're doing great so far!

[Her Pokémon continue firing, until finally, the boat reaches the finish line]

Mahri: Game over!

[She stops the boat]

[At sunset, at the Pokémon Center, Mahri is finished observing the tape of the target test]

Rudy: So, how'd she do, Mahri?

Mahri: In view of the tape, I find that she nailed 'em all, big bro. 

Rudy: Well done, Brittany! You passed my attack test! We'll have our match first thing in the morning. If you beat me three out of five, you win the Xenon subcrystal. You can pick any five types you wish, and I'll use the same.

Brittany: I'll use a Bug-type, a Flying-type, a Water-type, a Grass-type, and a Fighting-type. How's that, Rudy?

Rudy: Wonderful. Now, would you two care to have dinner with us tonight?

Layla: Sure.

Brittany: Could use the energy for the match tomorrow.

Mahri: You guys are gonna love my brother's cooking.

[Later, in the dining hall of Rudy's home, Layla and Brittany are finished with dinner with Rudy and Mahri]

Layla: Thank you for the meal, Rudy.

Brittany: It was delicious.

Rudy: Glad you two liked it.

Mahri: You know something, Layla? Ever since I was a baby, I've been wanting a big sister, just like you.

Layla: Interesting. Alvin always said that to me and Sora ever since we first met him.

Mahri: Anyway, I've been the only girl living at this gym ever since our parents left to see the world. I've been thinking-- Why don't you be my big sister and stay with us?

Layla: Uh, I'm not sure.

Rudy: She does have a point, Layla. Mahri would be so happy if you chose to stay here.

Layla: Well, I do like Mahri, but I have responsibilities back in New York. I mean, I'm a Broadway performer, and I'm also Macquarie's coach. I'm an acrobat.

Rudy: I'm sure your skills in acrobatics would really help my Pokémon. Tell you what, I'll give you 'til after tomorrow's match to think about it. Sleep on it.

Layla: Sure. [gets up from her seat] Thanks again for dinner. C'mon, Brittany.

[She and Brittany exit]

Brittany: See you guys in the morning.

Rudy: I'll be waiting.

Mahri: Tomorrow's gonna be so much fun, huh, Rudy? [yawns]

Rudy: Sure is. C'mon, sis. Time for bed.

[He carries Mahri out of the dining hall]

[Cut back to the Pokémon Center later that night; Layla and Brittany get into bed]

Brittany: Layla, you're not really gonna leave us, are you?

Layla: I don't want to, but I also don't wanna hurt Rudy and Mahri's feelings. I'd be even more hurt than them if I did.

Brittany: I know. But I'm sure Rudy will understand that there are many other fish in the sea. Misty told me the other day about when she met him. She just couldn't explain why she decided against staying with Rudy.

Layla: [giggles] This conundrum aside, I hope you're in good shape for tomorrow's match against Rudy.

Brittany: I sure am. While you were showering, I filled Blaziken, Butterfree, Servine, Altaria, and Milotic in on some new tips.

Layla: I look forward to it. Now, get some sleep.

[She gives Brittany a good night kiss on the forehead; Brittany falls asleep; Layla looks up at the ceiling]

Layla: [in her mind] What should I do?

[Eye-catch]

Gang: Who's that Pokémon?!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/15/2022 7:51 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/07/2016 11:02 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 247: The Xenon Quest Pt. 4

Gang: It's Chesnaught!

Chesnaught: Chesnaught!

[Mandarin Island South, Saturday, August 20th, 8:32am]

[Alvin, Sora, and Mia have breakfast at a Pokémon Center, whilst Charizard, Oddish, Poliwag, Lapras, Empoleon, and Onix eat Pokémon food; some of the Pokémon share their food]

Sora: I didn't know you knew how to make Pokémon food.

Alvin: Brock gave me some of his best recipes before he left. It took me a few years, though, to get it right.

Mia: And it's nice to see Charizard and Empoleon getting along with your new Pokémon.

Alvin: Mm-hmm.

Prima: I'm quite impressed.

Alvin: Who said that?

[Prima walks up to the trio]

Prima: You have room for one more?

[Alvin blushes]

Alvin, Sora, and Mia: Who are you?

Prima: I'm Prima. I'm sure you might've heard of me.

Sora and Mia: We haven't.

Alvin: I have. My friend Ash told me about the time he battled against you. You're the famous trainer from Mandarin Island, right?

Prima: That's right. Mind if I sit down with you?

Sora: Not at all.

[Prima takes a seat beside Alvin]

Prima: How do you teach your Pokémon to bond with each other?

Alvin: Actually, they learned from my bond with brothers.

Prima: Simon and Theodore?

Alvin: How do you know about-- Wait. Do you have any of my CDs?

Prima: A copy of every one you made, Alvin. Do you have a copy of any of my lectures?

Alvin: Well, no.

Prima: I have a special lecture on Pokémon teamwork available on iTunes if you're interested. [whispers into Alvin's ear] 18.99.

Alvin: I thought they were cassette only.

Prima: Not anymore. Trying to catch up with new technology.

Alvin: Well, thanks for the offer, but I'm okay with the way I train now.

Prima: I respect that decision.

Mia: How do you battle, Prima?

Prima: All I do is go with the flow. Now, I'm curious. Why have you three come to this island? Are you here on summer vacation?

Alvin: Well, it feels like summer vacation, but in reality, it's a mission. We're looking for a piece of a crystal.

Prima: I happen to have one at my home. I found it on the beach a few days ago. But there's one problem. I can't just give it to anyone.

Alvin: Why not?

Prima: The moment I touched this crystal, I heard a voice saying: "Please do not give this crystal away. A worthy, young trainer is on his way to your island. To claim it, he must battle and defeat you."

Alvin: Could that voice be the Spirit Oracle?

Prima: She didn't say. But I'm sure she was right.

Alvin: Well, how can I say no to a good battle?

Prima: I look forward to it. However, you should understand that for the past 11 weekends, I've come out undefeated. I'm going for a full dozen.

Alvin: I've taken on undefeated trainers before. The only one I haven't been able to beat is Ash Ketchum, the one who inspired me to go into Pokémon training. The closest I ever got to was a tied match before I came here.

Prima: I see Ash has improved a lot since I last saw him. Not only in training his Pokémon, but in helping younger trainers, too. [gets up from her seat] I'll be at Mandarin Stadium. Meet me there by 9:00am. That should give you plenty of time to prepare your Pokémon. And by the way, you're allowed to use six Pokémon against my four.

Alvin: I don't think that's pretty fair.

Prima: I've seen Gym Battles on TV that let trainers use their entire Pokémon party against the Gym Leaders. There's no rule against it. Trust me, it's fair. [blows a kiss] Enjoy your breakfast.

[She exits the center]

Alvin: What a woman.

Sora: So, Alvin, what Pokémon do you wanna use against Prima?

Alvin: Well, Ash told me she specializes in Water and Ice-types. So choosing Charizard to take on one of the Ice-types is a no-brainer.

Mia: What about--

Alvin: Plus, Lapras sure could use a little battling for a change.

Sora: I see, but...

Alvin: And Empoleon, being part-Steel-type, can use its Metal Claw and Flash Cannon against the Ice-types, too.

Mia: Not bad, but I was--

Alvin: I should leave Poliwag, Onix, and Oddish out. I just caught them. I can't force them into such a big battle. But in exchange, I should use Metagross and Manectric. They've got an edge.

Sora and Mia: ALVIN!!

Alvin: All right, girls. What is it?!

Sora: There's still one type you haven't taken into account.

Alvin: What?

Sora and Mia: Grass-types!

Alvin: I was just getting to that! Anyway, Quilladin should help. I gotta get in touch with Dave.

[Moments later, Alvin gets on a video phone w/Dave]

Dave: Hey, Alvin. How's the mission coming along?

Alvin: Just hunky-dory, Dave.

Dave: And how are Sora and Mia treating you?

Alvin: The same as usual-- The cool big sisses.

Sora: He's right, Mr. Seville. But you know, Alvin also took some time to help us.

Mia: Just yesterday, Sora and I got sick, but Alvin made an antidote to help us get well.

Dave: Really, Alvin?

Alvin: But I would never have done it without the help of my new Poliwag. Oh, that reminds me, Dave-- I'm calling from Mandarin Island, and to get another subcrystal, I'm challenging a famous Pokémon trainer who's been undefeated for 11 straight weeks. I'm planning on switching three of my new Pokémon. She expects me to use a full team of Pokémon against her.

Dave: What type of Pokémon does she usually use?

Alvin: Water and Ice. [places three Pokéballs on the transporter] I'm sending Poliwag, Onix, and Oddish to you, and in exchange, send in Quilladin, Manectric, and Metagross.

Dave: [places three Pokéballs in the transporter of his home] You got it.

[Alvin presses the transport button]

Alvin: You three get some rest. Hope to see you again soon.

[The three Pokéballs on the transporter disappear, and in their place appear three more Pokéballs; out of the Pokéballs come Alvin's Metagross, Manectric, and Quilladin]

Metagross: Meta!

Manectric: Manectric!

Quilladin: Quilladin!

Alvin: They're here, Dave. Safe and sound.

Dave: Good luck, son. [hangs up]

Alvin: You guys ready to take on Prima?

[Metagross, Quilladin, and Manectric nod]

Alvin: Let's do this thing!

[Trovita Stadium, 8:45am]

[Brittany and Rudy stand on a large rock formation; Layla and Mahri watch from a hot-air balloon]

Mahri: [through microphone] This best-of-five match between Gym Leader Rudy and challenger Brittany Miller will begin.  Neither trainer is allowed to switch Pokémon, and there's no time limit. The match will end once a trainer has won three rounds. In round 1, trainers will be using Water-type Pokémon. Let the first battle begin!

Rudy: [tosses a Pokéball] I choose Starmie!

[Out of the ball comes his Starmie]

Starmie: Ha!

Brittany: [tosses a Pokéball] Milotic, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Milotic]

Brittany and Rudy: Hydro Pump!

[Milotic and Starmie each fire Hydro Pump at each other, hitting each other]

Brittany: Milotic, Bind it!

[Milotic wraps herself around Starmie tightly]

Rudy: Starmie, free yourself with Rapid Spin!

[Starmie spins around, setting itself free]

Brittany: Milotic, Hyper Beam!

[Milotic fires Hyper Beam at Starmie]

Rudy: Mahri, music!

[Mahri pushes the play button on the touch screen of her iPod, which is hooked to a speaker; the iPod plays the Pokémon Dance Mix by Vicki Sue Robinson]

Rudy: [dances] It's dance time, Starmie!

[Starmie starts dancing, dodging Milotic's Hyper Beam]

Brittany: This is a Pokémon battle, not a dance recital!

Rudy: It's not enough to teach Pokémon new moves. Years ago, I found that a Pokémon's abilities can improve if they learn something totally new and different. That's why I give all my Gym's Pokémon dance lessons. Starmie, spin us a Thunderbolt!

[Starmie spins around, firing Thunderbolt at Milotic, zapping her]

Brittany: Milotic!

Layla: Brittany!

[Starmie dances around, improving its Thunderbolt and zapping Milotic even more]

Brittany: Milotic, try Hyper Beam once more!

[Milotic fires Hyper Beam at Starmie, hitting it and stopping its dance and Thunderbolt; the music stops]

Milotic: [pants] Mi-lo-tic.

Rudy: You're really lucky, but since Milotic used a successful Hyper Beam, it's gotta take time to recharge. A perfect opportunity for Starmie to finish it! Starmie, Swift!

[Starmie fires Swift at Milotic, hitting her; Milotic faints]

Brittany: Milotic, no!

Mahri: Milotic is unable to battle. Starmie wins round 1!

Brittany: I forgot that Starmie can use Electric-type moves. Sorry you had to go through this, Milotic.

Milotic: Milo.

Brittany: [recalls Milotic] You deserve a nice rest.

[Rudy recalls Starmie]

Rudy: Nice moves, Starmie.

Mahri: Round 2 is between Bug-type Pokémon. Begin!

Rudy: [tosses a Pokéball] Venomoth, go!

[Out of the ball comes a Venomoth]

Venomoth: Venomoth!

Brittany: [tosses another Pokéball] Butterfree, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Butterfree]

Butterfree: Free!

Rudy: Venomoth, Silver Wind!

[Venomoth fires Silver Wind at Butterfree]

Brittany: Butterfree, dodge it and use Gust!

[Butterfree dodges and fires Gust at Venomoth, hitting it]

Brittany: Now, use Aerial Ace!

[Butterfree flies toward Venomoth and strikes it w/Aerial Ace]

Brittany: Psychic!

[Butterfree fires Psychic at Venomoth, hitting it hard]

Rudy: Venomoth, Sleep Powder!

[Venomoth sprays Sleep Powder on Butterfree, causing it to fall asleep]

Rudy: Venomoth, Aerial Ace!

[Venomoth strikes Butterfree w/Aerial Ace, suddenly waking it up]

Brittany: Sorry, Rudy. Guess I forgot to tell you that Butterfree is a very light sleeper. Butterfree, Signal Beam!

[Butterfree fires Signal Beam at Venomoth, hitting it and confusing it]

Brittany: Signal Beam has a 10% chance of confusing its target if successful. How does it feel to get a little taste of your own medicine?

Rudy: No!

[The confused Venomoth beats itself up w/its wings, then faints]

Mahri: Venomoth is unable to battle. Butterfree wins round 2! Sorry, big brother.

Brittany: YES! Way to go, Butterfree!

Butterfree: Free-Free!

[It flies onto Brittany's head; Brittany strokes Butterfree and laughs]

Brittany: [recalls Butterfree] Return.

[Rudy recalls Venomoth]

Mahri: Round 3 pits Flying-type Pokémon against each other.

Rudy: [tosses a Pokéball] Go, Pidgeot!

[Out of the ball comes a Pidgeot]

Pidgeot: Pidgeot! [screeches]

Brittany: [tosses a Pokéball] Altaria, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Altaria]

Altaria: Altaria!

Rudy: I see you're using a Dragon-and-Flying-type in this round. But don't think it'll help you win! Pidgeot, Quick Attack!

[Pidgeot strikes Altaria w/Quick Attack]

Brittany: Altaria, Ice Beam!

[Altaria fires Ice Beam at Pidgeot]

Rudy: Pidgeot, Double Team!

[Pidgeot multiplies; the Ice Beam hits one of the fakes, which disappears]

Brittany: Altaria, use Flamethrower on them all until you hit the real one!

[Altaria fires Flamethrower at all the Pidgeot until the real one is hit, making the others disappear]

Brittany: Nice shot! Now, use Draco Meteor!

[Altaria fires Draco Meteor up into the sky; the meteor explodes into millions of meteors, which rain down on Pidgeot, hitting it]

Rudy: Pidgeot, Mirror Move!

[Pidgeot fires Draco Meteor into the sky, which explodes into millions of meteors; Altaria gets hit by them all]

Brittany: Altaria!

Rudy: I figured if you could give one of my Pokémon a dose of its own medicine, I should do the same to yours. Pidgeot, Sky Attack!

[Pidgeot takes to the sky]

Brittany: Altaria, time to fight back with your Sky Attack!

[Altaria takes to the sky; both Pokémon glow]

Rudy and Brittany: STRIKE!

[Both Pokémon charge at each other and strike w/Sky Attack; both hit the ground, then struggle to get back on their feet and pant; after a few seconds of pause, Altaria slowly faints]

Mahri: Altaria is unable to battle. Pidgeot wins round 3!

Layla: [in her mind] Poor Brittany. If she loses the next round, it's over.

Brittany: [recalls Altaria] Thanks for trying, Altaria. You gave it your best.

Rudy: [recalls Pidgeot] Pidgeot, return.

Mahri: Round 4 will be between Grass-type Pokémon. Begin!

Rudy: I choose you, Exeggutor!

[Out of the ball comes an Exeggutor]

Exeggutor: Exeggutor!

Brittany: [looks up Exeggutor] I gotta see this.

Dextette: Exeggutor, the Coconut Pokémon. Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight.

Brittany: [tosses a Pokéball] Servine, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Servine]

Servine: Servine!

Brittany: [in her mind] Servine's gotta win this, or I'll never get that crystal. I'm counting on you.

[Mandarin Stadium, 9:00am]

[The bleachers are packed as Alvin and Prima face each other; Sora and Mia watch from the bench behind Alvin]

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, challenging Prima, the pride of Mandarin Island, is Alvin Seville, international pop star and Pokémon trainer of Los Angeles, California. They've agreed that the challenger will use six Pokémon, whilst Prima will use four. Furthermore, only the challenger is allowed to swap Pokémon during battle.

Prima: Let's see what you've got, Alvin.

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Sure thing. Lapras, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Lapras; Lapras squeals]

Prima: Not a bad way to start this battle. [tosses a Pokéball] Go, Slowbro!

[Out of the ball comes her Slowbro]

Slowbro: Slowbro!

Announcer: Alvin has chosen Lapras, and Prima has chosen Slowbro. Neither side has a type advantage here, but knowing Prima, it's only a matter of time.

Referee: Begin!

Prima: You make the first move.

Alvin: Okay. Lapras, start with Ice Shard!

[Lapras fires Ice Shard at Slowbro, hitting it]

Prima: Slowbro, Psychic!

[Slowbro fires Psychic at Lapras]

Alvin: Lapras, use Protect!

[Lapras shields itself w/Protect, repelling Psychic]

Announcer: What a stunning move by the newcomer! Who knows what Alvin has up his sleeve next?

Alvin: Oh, you'll see. Lapras, Thunderbolt!

[Lapras fires Thunderbolt from its horn at Slowbro, zapping it]

Sora: A Water-type using an Electric-type move?

Mia: No wonder Alvin chose to use Lapras.

Announcer: Incredible! Lapras is among the few Water-type Pokémon that knows how to use an Electric-type move. For a young newcomer, Alvin's sure got skill.

Prima: That was very impressive, Alvin, but using an Electric-type move is not quite enough. Slowbro, Water Pulse!

[Slowbro fires Water Pulse at Lapras, who absorbs it]

Prima: No way!

Announcer: Lapras has absorbed Slowbro's Water Pulse with its Water Absorb ability! Prima surely didn't expect this to happen!

Prima: I expected this one to have Shell Armor. But I guess I was wrong. But even a champion like me can have an off day. Slowbro, Thunder Wave!

[Slowbro fires Thunder Wave at Lapras, paralyzing it]

Alvin: Oh, no! Lapras is paralyzed!

Prima: Focus Blast!

[Slowbro fires Focus Blast at Lapras, hitting it; Lapras faints]

Referee: Lapras is unable to battle. Slowbro wins!

[Applause]

Announcer: As much as it tried, the paralyzed Lapras couldn't escape Slowbro's super-effective Focus Blast.

Alvin: One move was all it took? Wow. [recalls Lapras] Lapras, return! [tosses another Pokéball] Quilladin, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Quilladin]

Announcer: Alvin is now using a Grass-type starter of the Kalos Region: Quilladin. But is a type advantage enough to beat Slowbro?

Prima: Slowbro, Psychic!

Alvin: Quilladin, Needle Arm!

[Quilladin strikes Slowbro w/Needle Arm, causing it to flinch and stop it from launching Psychic]

Announcer: Talk about making a point! Quilladin struck Slowbro with a super-effective Needle Arm and made it flinch!

Alvin: Now, use Pin Missile!

[Quilladin fires Pin Missile at Slowbro, hitting it; Slowbro faints]

Referee: Slowbro is unable to battle. Quilladin wins!

[Applause]

[The crowd starts chanting "Alvin!"]

Announcer: Listen to that crowd! One victory, and already, they're on Alvin's side!

Sora and Mia: That's our Alvin!

Prima: [recalls Slowbro] Slowbro, thank you. You put up another good fight. Alvin, your battling skills really surprised me. [tosses another Pokéball] Go, Cloyster!

[Out of the ball comes her Cloyster]

Cloyster: Cloyster!

Alvin: [recalls Quilladin] Quilladin, return! I'll save you for later. [tosses another Pokéball] Manectric, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Manectric]

Manectric: Manectric!

Announcer: Alvin must've figured that Cloyster would easily beat the Grass-type Quilladin with an Ice-type move, so hopefully an Electric-type will be worth the exchange.

Alvin: I hope you're in for a shock, Prima! Manectric, Electric Terrain!

Manectric: Tric!

[It slams on the ground, electrifying it beneath the two Pokémon]

Announcer: While Electric Terrain is temporary, this move not only prevents Pokémon from falling asleep, but it also boosts Electric-type moves by 50%. Alvin could take it all away here.

Prima: Cloyster, Spike Cannon!

[Cloyster fires Spike Cannon repeatedly at Manectric]

Alvin: Dodge it and use Thunder Fang!

[Manectric dodges, then bites Cloyster w/Thunder Fang; Cloyster knocks it back to the ground]

Announcer: Thanks to Electric Terrain, Manectric's Thunder Fang is 50% stronger. But that doesn't mean Cloyster is finished yet.

Prima: Cloyster, Icicle Crash!

[Cloyster fires Icicle Crash at Manectric, hitting it hard]

Prima: Aurora Beam!

[Cloyster fires Aurora Beam at Manectric]

Alvin: Flamethrower!

[Manectric fires Flamethrower at Cloyster's Aurora Beam, blocking it, then hitting Cloyster]

Alvin: All right, Manectric! Finish it off with Thunder!

Manectric: Maneeeeeeeeeec-- [fires Thunder at Cloyster] --TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!

Prima: Cloyster, Protect!

[Cloyster repels Thunder w/Protect]

Prima: Now, use Icicle Crash once more!

[Cloyster fires Icicle Crash at Manectric, hitting it again; Manectric faints]

Alvin: Manectric!

Referee: Manectric is unable to battle. Cloyster wins!

[Applause]

Announcer: Though Manectric had a good type advantage, Cloyster was the more experienced in this battle.

Alvin: [recalls Manectric] Thanks for helping me weaken it, Manectric. You can take a rest now.

Announcer: Alvin is down to four Pokémon, but what will he use against the exhausted Cloyster?

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] This!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars]

Announcer: Alvin has chosen his starter Pokémon: Charizard. What does he have in mind?

Sora: Why would he choose Charizard against a Water-and-Ice-type?

Mia: Well, you see, Cloyster has already used four different moves in this battle, and no Pokémon can use more than four moves per match, unless they're just learning a new move. Cloyster has already used Spike Cannon, Icicle Crash, Protect, and Aurora Beam, and none of them are Water-type moves. Alvin might take this one.

Sora: I hope so.

Prima: Cloyster, Icicle Crash!

[Cloyster fires Icicle Crash at Charizard]

Alvin: Charizard, melt those Icicles with Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at the icicles, melting them]

Alvin: Now, use Thunder Punch!

[Charizard strikes Cloyster w/Thunder Punch, electrifying it]

Announcer: What a fantastic play by Charizard!

Alvin: Now, finish it off with Seismic Toss!

[Charizard grabs Cloyster and flies it up into the sky, then spins around to the ground, then tosses Cloyster to the ground hard]

Announcer: What a smashing display!

[Cloyster faints]

Referee: Cloyster is unable to battle. Charizard wins!

[Applause]

[Charizard roars and fires a triumphant Flamethrower]

Alvin: Nice work, Charizard! We're halfway to that subcrystal! [recalls Charizard] Return!

[Prima recalls Cloyster]

Prima: The way your Charizard used an Electric-type move like Thunder Punch really surprised me, Alvin. [tosses another Pokéball] But let's see you try your luck against this one!

[Out of the ball comes her Dewgong]

Dewgong: Dewgong!

Alvin: A Dewgong. [tosses another Pokéball] Empoleon, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Empoleon]

Empoleon: Empoleon!

Announcer: Another battle with no type advantage. Alvin has chosen Empoleon, a Water-and-Steel-type. How will this battle go?

Alvin: Empoleon, use Metal Claw!

[Empoleon strikes Dewgong w/Metal Claw; its power boosts]

Prima: Dewgong, Blizzard!

[Dewgong fires Blizzard at Empoleon]

Alvin: Dodge it, then use Flash Cannon!

[Empoleon dodges, then fires Flash Cannon at Dewgong]

Prima: Dodge it and use Blizzard again!

[Dewgong dodges, then fires Blizzard at Empoleon]

Alvin: Dodge it and use Metal Claw again!

[Empoleon somersaults to dodge, then strikes Dewgong w/Metal Claw]

Announcer: What an incredible dismount! I'd give that Empoleon a perfect 10!

Sora: I knew all of Layla's acrobatic training with Alvin would pay off for his Pokémon one day.

Mia: Go, Empoleon!

Prima: Pokémon choreography-- Wonderful concept. But that won't win you this match, Alvin. Dewgong, use Sheer Cold!

Alvin: Better be careful, Empoleon! If Sheer Cold hits, it's a one-hit KO!

[Empoleon nods; Dewgong fires Sheer Cold at Empoleon]

Alvin: Break through with Drill Peck!

[Empoleon breaks through Sheer Cold w/Drill Peck, then strikes Dewgong]

Prima: Good move, but not good enough! Dewgong, Drill Run!

[Dewgong spins toward Empoleon and strikes him hard w/its horn]

Alvin: Empoleon!

Mia: That was a Ground-type move!

Announcer: Unbelievable! Dewgong has struck the Emperor Pokémon with a super-effective and critical Drill Run!

[Suddenly, Empoleon becomes enraged by Torrent]

Announcer: But wait! Empoleon may be low on strength, but because of that, its Torrent ability has come into effect, which will boost all of its Water-type moves!

Alvin: We gotta end this fast! Hydro Pump!

[Empoleon fires Hydro Pump at Dewgong; Dewgong takes the hit]

Prima: Dewgong, use Drill Run once more!

[Dewgong strikes Empoleon w/Drill Run hard; Empoleon faints]

Alvin: Empoleon!

Referee: Empoleon is unable to battle. Dewgong wins!

Alvin: [walks up to Empoleon] Are you all right, Empoleon?

Empoleon: [nods] Empoleon.

Alvin: You gave it your best shot. Plus, you did great when you evaded Dewgong's Sheer Cold. I'm sure my other Pokémon can do the same. Thanks, buddy. Rest now. [recalls Empoleon] Okay, Prima. You may have beaten one of my Steel-types, but I've got another one up my sleeve. [tosses another Pokéball] Metagross, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Metagross]

Prima: Have you learned nothing from watching Empoleon's battle with Dewgong? Dewgong, Drill Run!

[Dewgong spins toward Metagross]

Alvin: Intercept Dewgong with Hammer Arm!

[Metagross strikes Dewgong w/Hammer Arm, stopping its attack]

Alvin: Metagross may be weak against Ground-type moves, but I've trained it well enough to withstand them. Now, Metagross, use Meteor Mash!

[Metagross strikes Dewgong w/Meteor Mash; Metagross' power boosts; Dewgong faints]

Dewgong: Gong...

Referee: Dewgong is unable to battle. Metagross wins!

[Applause]

Announcer: Thanks in part to a super-effective Fighting-type move like Hammer Arm, Metagross has avenged Empoleon. Now the pride of Mandarin Island is down to her last Pokémon.

[Prima recalls Dewgong]

Prima: This is one battle I won't soon forget, Alvin. But now, this is where it ends! [tosses a Pokéball] Jynx, go!

[Out of the ball comes her Jynx]

Jynx: Jynx!

Alvin: A Jynx. Metagross, better keep your guard up.

Metagross: Meta.

Prima: Jynx, use Shadow Ball!

[Jynx fires Shadow Ball at Metagross]

Alvin: Dodge it, then use Meteor Mash!

[Metagross dodges, then is about to strike w/Meteor Mash]

Prima: Lovely Kiss!

[Jynx blows a kiss to Metagross, putting it into a deep sleep]

Alvin: Metagross!

Announcer: Metagross had better think of something quick, or it can kiss its chances of victory good-bye!

Prima: Now, Jynx, finish it with Shadow Ball!

[Jynx fires Shadow Ball at Metagross, hitting it hard; Metagross faints]

Referee: Metagross is unable to battle. Jynx wins.

Alvin: [recalls Metagross] Metagross, return! You gave it a good try.

Announcer: Alvin is now down to only two Pokémon, but thankfully for him, both have effortlessly beaten their previous opponents.

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars]

Announcer: And here comes Charizard, hopefully fully recovered from that last battle with Cloyster.

Prima: You think you can win based solely on type? We'll see.

Alvin: Sure will.

[...]

Last edited by TVLubber (6/07/2021 8:07 pm)

9/08/2016 1:38 pm  #3

[Meanwhile, back at Trovita Stadium, the match between Brittany and Rudy continues]

Brittany: Servine, start things off with Leaf Tornado!

[Servine fires Leaf Tornado at Exeggutor]

Rudy: Exeggutor, dodge it and use Extrasensory!

[Exeggutor dodges, then fires Extrasensory at Servine, hitting her]

Brittany: Leer!

[Servine's eyes glow as she stares at Exeggutor, intimidating it]

Brittany: Now, Leaf Blade!

[Servine strikes Exeggutor w/Leaf Blade]

Brittany: Thanks to Leer, Exeggutor's defense is low.

Rudy: Exeggutor, use Egg Bomb!

[Exeggutor fires Egg Bomb at Servine, hitting her]

Rudy: Now, use Barrage!

[Exeggutor fires Barrage at Servine]

Brittany: Servine, dodge it!

[Servine dodges each object rapidly]

Brittany: Okay. Now, use Iron Tail!

[Servine's tail glows, and she strikes Exeggutor on the head with it]

Rudy: Exeggutor, Leaf Storm!

[Exeggutor fires Leaf Storm at Servine]

Brittany: I'll fight leaves with leaves. Servine, Leaf Tornado!

[Servine fires Leaf Tornado at Exeggutor's Leaf Storm; both struggle to push each other back]

Brittany: Hang in there, Servine! You can do it!

Rudy: This kid doesn't known when to give up. Exeggutor, full power!

[Exeggutor powers up its Leaf Storm, causing it to push Servine's Leaf Tornado away and strike Servine]

Brittany: Servine!

[Servine gets thrown high up into the sky]

Rudy: Now, for our winning move! Exeggutor, end it with another Egg Bomb!

[Exeggutor fires Egg Bomb at Servine, but Servine starts glowing, and the light drives the Egg Bomb away]

Rudy: Oh, no!

Brittany: Oh, yes!

Mahri: Layla, look at Servine! It's growing!

Layla: It's more than that, Mahri. I think it's evolving!

[Servine evolves into a Serperior]

Serperior: Serperior!

Rudy: It's a Serperior!

Brittany: All right! Servine evolved into Serperior!

[She looks up Serperior]

Dextette: Serperior, the Regal Pokémon, and the evolved form of Servine. It can stop its opponents' movements with just a glare. It takes in solar energy and boosts it internally.

[Serperior spins around and fires Leaf Storm at Exeggutor, hitting it hard]

Exeggutor: TOR!!

[It hits the ground]

Rudy: Serperior must've learned from Exeggutor how to use Leaf Storm!

Brittany: That's awesome!

Rudy: Exeggutor, Leaf Storm!

[Exeggutor fires Leaf Storm at Serperior, but Serperior dodges]

Brittany: You'll be surprised to know that my Serperior's ability is different from that of an ordinary Serperior. This one's ability is called Contrary. That means that whenever her stats drop, they grow instead, and vice-versa. Since Leaf Storm gets weaker each time it's used, Contrary will make it stronger with each use instead! Serperior, use Leaf Storm again!

[Serperior fires Leaf Storm at Exeggutor again, hitting it again]

Brittany: Now, end it with Iron Tail!

[Serperior strikes Exeggutor w/Iron Tail]

Exeggutor: Exeggu-- [faints] --tor...

Mahri: Exeggutor is unable to battle. Servine-- Excuse me. Serperior wins round 4!

Brittany: [embraces Serperior] We did it, Serperior!

Serperior: [affectionately wraps herself around Brittany] Serperior!

Brittany: Just one more battle, and that subcrystal is ours! [recalls Serperior] Right now, you deserve a nice, long rest.

[Rudy recalls Exeggutor]

Mahri: The fifth and deciding round will pit Fighting-type Pokémon against each other. Begin!

Rudy: [tosses a Pokéball] I choose you, Machamp!

[Out of the ball comes a Machamp]

Machamp: Machamp!

[Brittany looks up Machamp]

Dextette: Machamp, the Superpower Pokémon, and the evolved form of Machoke. Machamp is known as the Pokémon that has mastered every kind of martial arts. If it grabs hold of the foe with its four arms, the battle is all but over. The hapless foe is thrown far over the horizon.

Brittany: I can't afford to lose this last round. [tosses a Pokéball] Blaziken, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Blaziken]

Rudy: I figured as much. But Machamp is always prepared for anything!

Brittany: Blaziken, High Jump Kick!

[Blaziken charges at Machamp and strikes it w/High Jump Kick]

Rudy: Machamp, use Low Sweep!

[Machamp strikes Blaziken's legs w/Low Sweep]

Rudy: That oughta slow Blaziken down.

Brittany: Not for long! Blaziken, Blaze Kick!

[Blaziken's right leg becomes enveloped in flames as he kicks Machamp w/Blaze Kick]

Rudy: Machamp, Bulldoze!

[Machamp stomps on the ground, creating a shock wave that crashes into Blaziken]

Layla: Bulldoze sounded like it was super-effective against Blaziken. Why's that?

Mahri: Bulldoze is a Ground-type move, and Fire-types like Blaziken are weak against Ground-type moves.

Rudy: Your Blaziken packs a punch, but it can't beat my mighty Machamp. Machamp, Cross Chop!

[Machamp strikes Blaziken w/Cross Chop, but Blaziken intercepts w/his fists]

Brittany: You won't get off that easy, Rudy! Blaziken, Flamethrower!

[Blaziken fires Flamethrower at Machamp, hitting it]

Machamp: Machamp!

Rudy: Seismic Toss, now!

[Machamp grabs Blaziken, lifts him high up into the air, then slams him to the ground]

Brittany: Try using Blaze Kick again!

[He strikes Machamp w/Blaze Kick, knocking it to the ground; Machamp suffers a burn ailment]

Machamp: Champ!

Brittany: All right! It's burned!

Blaziken: Ken. Blaz?

[Machamp's eyes glow, and it becomes enraged by Guts]

Rudy: [snickers] I knew something like this would happen. Once Machamp was inflicted with a status ailment, its Guts ability was triggered, boosting its physical moves. And even though a burning ailment lowers its physical moves, Guts prevents that. Machamp, Bulldoze again!

[Machamp stomps on the ground, creating a shock wave that crashes into Blaziken]

Brittany: Blaziken, no!

Rudy: End it with Cross Chop!

[Machamp strikes Blaziken hard w/Cross Chop; Blaziken gets pushed to the edge of the rock and almost loses his balance]

Brittany: Blaziken!

[Blaziken starts to fall, but Brittany grabs his hand]

Brittany: Hang on, Blaziken! I can't let you lose this way!

[She strains as she struggles to pull Blaziken back up]

Rudy: That kid's really brave.

Mahri: Brittany must really care about that Blaziken.

Layla: She's been through a lot with her Blaziken ever since it was a Torchic. It's always been one of her best. Their bond is a lot like Alvin and Charizard's.

Brittany: We've come too far to lose this battle, Blaziken! We agreed to this mission so we could get the Spider Riders back! Without the Spider Riders, Prescott Vorstein or Soprano Falco will have a better chance of destroying ACME Crime Net! I won't let that happen! You don't want that, either, do you?!

Blaziken: [shakes his head no] Blaziken!

Brittany: You can make it!

[Blaziken carefully climbs up and back on top of the rock]

Brittany: All right. You okay?

[Blaziken nods]

Brittany: Great. The only way we can win this is with our secret weapon.

[Blaziken reveals the Blazikenite around his neck]

Blaziken: Blaziken.

Rudy: What are you two just standing there for?!

Brittany: Get ready, Blaziken!

[Blaziken becomes enraged by Blaze]

Mahri: What's that?!

Layla: Must be Blaziken's Blaze ability! Once it's low on strength, its Fire-type moves will be boosted by 50%!

Mahri: Almost like Machamp's Guts.

Rudy: One more move should finish it, Machamp. Bulldoze!

[Machamp is about to stomp on the ground]

Brittany: Blaziken, use Flare Blitz!

[Blaziken, enveloped in flames, strikes Machamp w/Flare Blitz, then takes recoil damage]

Brittany: Blaze Kick!

[Blaziken strikes Machamp w/Blaze Kick; Machamp suffers another burn]

Rudy: Machamp, hang in there!

Brittany: This battle will end here, Rudy, but not on your terms. [reveals she is wearing a necklace with a Key Stone] It's time, Blaziken!

[Blaziken nods; his Mega Stone reacts, as does Brittany's Key Stone]

Brittany: Go, Mega Evolution!

[Blaziken becomes surrounded by aura, then Mega-Evolves]

Blaziken: BLAZIKEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

Brittany: I give you.... MEGA BLAZIKEN!

Mahri: Mega Evolution?!

Layla: Yes! You can do this, Brittany! Do it for the Spider Riders! Beat him with all you've got!

Mahri: You... You're cheering for her instead of Rudy?

Rudy: So I guess Layla's made her decision. Nevertheless, this battle must go on! Machamp, Cross Chop!

[Machamp charges at Blaziken]

Brittany: Blaziken, High Jump Kick!

[Blaziken swiftly strikes Machamp w/High Jump Kick, sending it flying high into the sky; Blaziken's speed boosts]

Brittany: As Mega Blaziken, his new Speed Boost ability raises its speed with every passing move. Now, Blaziken, give it another dose of your Flamethrower!

[Blaziken fires Flamethrower at Machamp, hitting it just before it hits the ground]

Rudy: Machamp, Cross Chop one more time!

[Machamp charges rigorously at Blaziken]

Brittany: Blaziken, Blaze Kick!

[Blaziken charges rigorously at Machamp; both strike each other w/their respective moves; Blaziken's Blaze Kick, however, breaks through Machamp's Cross Chop and strikes it right in the gut]

Machamp: CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!!!

[Both Pokémon get pushed back and pant heavily; they glare at each other, as do Brittany and Rudy; Layla and Mahri cross their fingers]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[Machamp faints]

Mahri: Machamp is unable to battle. Mega Blaziken wins the final round! Brittany Miller wins the match!

[Blaziken fires a triumphant Flamethrower]

Rudy: [sighs] Guess that's that. [recalls Machamp] Machamp, return. And thanks a great deal.

[Brittany and Blaziken embrace]

Brittany: I knew we could do it, Blaziken! I knew I could count on you!

[He reverts to normal; Layla and Mahri set their balloon down, then get off]

Layla: Brittany, congratulations!

Brittany: Thanks, Layla!

[They embrace]

Mahri: Rudy, I--

Rudy: There's nothing to be sorry for, Mahri. I lost because I underestimated the bond between trainer and Pokémon. And I never should have.

Mahri: Well, at least losing motivates you to become a better trainer just about as much as winning does. I'm proud of you, Rudy. I don't care if you win or lose. I'll always love you.

[She hugs her brother]

Rudy: I love you, too, sis. Thanks.

[He walks up to Brittany]

Rudy: Brittany, your bond with Blaziken really proved you two can really connect in battle. I'm very proud of both of you. [hands Brittany a Xenon subcrystal] Here you are. The Xenon subcrystal.

[Brittany takes the crystal]

Brittany: Thank you. Take a look at it, Layla! We finally found a subcrystal!

Rudy: There's one more thing I wanna give you. [hands Brittany a Spike Shell Badge] The Spike Shell Badge of the Trovita Gym. Take it in good health.

Brittany: It's beautiful! Just like a seashell! Thanks a million, Rudy! [poses] I've just won the Spike Shell Badge!

Blaziken: [also poses] Blaziken!

[A bit later, at the port, Brittany and Layla are on top of Milotic, ready to leave]

Rudy: When you get back home, say hi to Ash for us.

Mahri: Yeah. We really miss him and all his friends.

Brittany: No problem.

Rudy: [hands Layla and Brittany each a mix CD] And take these. They're mix CDs with some of my favorite dance songs. Oh, and by the way, Layla, before you leave... [hands Layla a bouquet of flowers] Here you are. I know you've made your choice to leave us, but at least take these as a parting gift.

Layla: Thanks, Rudy. I won't forget you, or Mahri.

[She and Rudy shake hands; she and Mahri embrace]

Mahri: I'm really gonna miss you, Layla. [hands Layla a note with her and Rudy's home address and e-mail address] Here. It's our address and e-mail. Please write to us.

Layla: I will, Mahri, as long as you promise to write me back.

Brittany: [hands Mahri a note w/her home address and e-mail address] Here, Mahri. You and Rudy can write to me, too. I'll also remember to give you a few tips on how to train your Pokémon when I write you back.

Mahri: Thank you, Brittany.

Rudy: You'd best be heading off now. May I suggest Mandarin Island South? It's not too far. I read on Twitter this morning that expert trainer Prima is gonna challenge someone named Alvin to a Pokémon battle.

Layla and Brittany: Alvin!

Brittany: I gotta get this out to the others! [sends texts of the news to her sisters, Simon, and Theodore] Thanks again, Rudy.

[She and Layla hop onto Milotic, then wave goodbye to Rudy and Mahri as Milotic sails off]

Layla: Bye!

Brittany: Take care!

Rudy: If you ever run into Misty again, tell her we said hi!

Mahri: Good luck on your journey, guys!

Brittany: Come on, Milotic. Alvin's waiting for us on Mandarin Island! Full speed ahead!

Milotic: Milotic!

[She speeds up]

[Mandarin Stadium, 9:21am]

Alvin: Charizard, use Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Jynx, who dodges]

Prima: Jynx, use Lovely Kiss!

[Jynx blows a kiss to Charizard, who dodges it]

Prima: Your Charizard is fast, but can it withstand the cold? Jynx, Blizzard!

[Jynx fires Blizzard at Charizard, freezing him solid; Charizard hits the ground]

Alvin: Charizard!

Prima: It's over! Jynx, Water Pulse!

[Jynx fires Water Pulse at Charizard]

Alvin: Charizard, burn your way out of that ice with Flare Blitz!

[Charizard melts the ice around him and flies toward Jynx, then strikes her w/Flare Blitz, but she then fires Water Pulse at Charizard, hitting him; Charizard pants heavily]

Announcer: Try as it may, Jynx's super-effective moves just can't bring Charizard down so easily.

Alvin: I had no idea a Jynx could use Water-type moves, too. Heather's Jynx never used a move of that type.

Prima: You're dealing with a trainer with years of experience, Alvin. Jynx has been trained to deal with Fire and Rock-types, just like you've trained your Charizard to deal with Water-types.

Alvin: Well, I won't give up. Charizard's still got some fight left in him, and I still have one more Pokémon after him, so as long as I at least weaken your Jynx, this battle is far from over with!

[Charizard becomes enraged by Blaze and roars]

Announcer: With Charizard at its moment of weakness, its ability kicks in: Blaze! Just like Torrent boosts Water-type moves, Blaze boosts Fire-type moves. Will it be enough to defeat Jynx and win Alvin the match?!

Alvin: Charizard, Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Jynx, hitting her]

Alvin: Seismic Toss!

[Charizard grabs Jynx, then flies up, spins around to the ground, and tosses her to the ground]

Alvin: This is it, Charizard! One more Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Jynx]

Prima: Jynx, Ice Punch!

[Jynx bursts through Charizard's Flamethrower, despite taking a hit, then strikes Charizard w/Ice Punch; both pant heavily, then Charizard slowly faints]

Alvin: No! Charizard!

Referee: Charizard is unable to battle. Jynx wins!

Announcer: Despite Jynx's exhaustion, Charizard has been defeated. Now both trainers are down to their last Pokémon.

Alvin: [recalls Charizard] Thanks, Charizard. You weakened Jynx just like I wanted you to. You can rest now. [extracts another Pokéball] Well, little buddy, it's all up to you now. Charizard already did the job of wearing Jynx out. Hopefully it's enough for you to finish her. [tosses the ball] Quilladin, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Quilladin]

Announcer: Alvin's final Pokémon is Quilladin. It already beat Slowbro little to no effort, but does it still have enough energy to beat the exhausted Jynx?

Prima: Jynx may be worn out, but she can still win. Jynx, Lovely Kiss!

[Jynx fires Lovely Kiss at Quilladin]

Alvin: Quilladin, dodge it, then use Rollout!

[Quilladin rolls into a ball towards Jynx, who dodges]

Prima: Shadow Ball!

[Jynx fires Shadow Ball at Quilladin, hitting it]

Alvin: Quilladin, I know you can win this! Use Seed Bomb!

[Quilladin fires Seed Bomb at Jynx, who dodges]

Prima: End it with another Ice Punch!

Jynx: Jynx!

[She charges at Quilladin]

Announcer: Does Quilladin have what it takes to evade this Ice Punch?!

Quilladin: [shields itself] Quill!

[It starts glowing]

Sora: Mia, look at Quilladin!

Mia: Whatever it is, it's not Overgrow.

Prima: Alvin, your Quilladin is...

Alvin: ...evolving!

[Quilladin evolves into a Chesnaught]

[It blocks Jynx's Ice Punch w/a shield made of green spikes, which also deals Jynx damage]

Jynx: Jynx?!

Announcer: Right before our eyes, faced with a possible defeat, Quilladin has evolved into Chesnaught and has intercepted Jynx's Ice Punch with Spiky Shield!

Alvin: [looks up Chesnaught] This guy's amazing!

Dextette: Chesnaught, the Spiny Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Quilladin. When it takes a defensive posture with its fists guarding its face, it could withstand a bomb blast.

Alvin: Awesome! Chesnaught, you're amazing!

Chesnaught: [gives a thumbs-up signal] Chesnaught.

[The other Chipmunks, the Chipettes, and the rest of the cast of Kaleido Stage enter the stadium and approach the bench]

Layla: Sora! Mia!

Sora: Layla!

[She runs up to Layla and hugs her]

Sora: You made it!

Layla: Of course I did, Sora. We all had to come.

Rosetta: Sora!

[She embraces Sora]

Sora: Rosetta!

Rosetta: It's so good to see you.

Mia: What are you guys doing here?

Simon: When Brittany heard that Alvin was gonna battle Prima here, we sailed here as fast as we could.

Brittany: We couldn't miss this.

[Theodore notices the battle scene]

Theodore: Guys, look at that huge Pokémon!

Jeanette: Where did that come from?!

Eleanor: Or maybe...?

Sora: That's Chesnaught. It just evolved from Alvin's Quilladin.

Rosetta: But it's going up against the Ice-type Jynx. Do you think it stands a chance?

Sora: Oh, it will, Rosetta. It will.

Prima: Chesnaught's newly-learned Spiky Shield not only protected it from Jynx's Ice Punch, but it also did Jynx some damage. When it comes to moves that make direct contact, Spiky Shield damages the user of the blocked move. But I still doubt that's enough to beat us!

Jynx: Jynx.

Alvin: Chesnaught, Pin Missile!

[Chesnaught fires Pin Missile at Jynx, hitting her repeatedly]

Alvin: Now, use another Rollout!

[Chesnaught rolls toward Jynx and strikes her hard]

Prima: Shadow Ball!

[Jynx fires Shadow Ball at Chesnaught]

Alvin: Spiky Shield!

[Chesnaught blocks w/Spiky Shield]

[Its arms glow green; it strikes Jynx hard w/Wood Hammer, then takes recoil damage]

Sora: Chesnaught just learned another new move!

Mia: It's Wood Hammer!

Alvin: What a move! All right, Chesnaught! Finish it off with one more Wood Hammer!

[Chesnaught strikes Jynx hard w/Wood Hammer again, then takes recoil damage again]

Announcer: And Chesnaught whips Jynx with a risky, yet tremendous and critical Wood Hammer!

Prima: Jynx, no!

[Jynx pants heavily, as does Chesnaught; both stare into each other's eyes; the gang at the bench waits with baited breath; Alvin and Prima stare at each other]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[Jynx faints]

Jynx: [weakly] Jynx...

Prima: It can't be.

Referee: Jynx is unable to battle. Chesnaught wins, which means Alvin Seville wins the match!

Chesnaught: [trumphantly] Chesnaught!

[The crowd cheers wildly]

Announcer: What a nailbiting conclusion! Pokémon rookie Alvin Seville has broken Prima's long winning streak!

Alvin: [jumps up] YEAH!

[He runs up to Chesnaught; they embrace]

Alvin: Great job, Chesnaught! We won!

Chesnaught: Chesnaught! Chesnaught!

Alvin: I knew you were gonna win, but I didn't expect you to evolve. You're full of surprises!

Chesnaught: [laughs sheepishly] Chesnaught.

[The rest of the gang runs up to Alvin]

Sora: You did it, Alvin!

Brittany: Congratulations!

Alvin: Brittany! Simon! Theodore! Everyone!

Layla: I'm glad we made it in time to see the end of this battle.

May: You did a great job, kiddo.

Alvin: Thanks, guys.

[Prima walks up to Alvin and hands him a Xenon subcrystal]

Prima: Alvin, your victory over me and your perseverance in this battle have proven you worthy to receive this Xenon subcrystal. [hands Alvin a medal] And I want to give you this, too. [pins it on Alvin's shirt] This victory medal is proof that you defeated me.

Alvin: Thanks, Prima. For everything.

[He shows the others his medal]

Alvin: Take a look, guys!

Brittany: It's beautiful, Alvin!

Alvin: Hey, you guys got your crystals?

[Simon, Theodore, Brittany, and Jeanette each hold out a subcrystal; Alvin holds out the crystal he just got and extracts the two from his backpack]

Alvin: Now we've got 7!

Simon: Which means there's only one subcrystal left before we head home.

Alvin and Simon: The one in Pummelo Island.

Prima: It could take a while for you all to get there by boat, and the Orange Island League's season starts tomorrow morning at 10:00.

Layla: Don't worry. We'll find our own quick way there. The sooner we get that last subcrystal, the sooner we get home.

Alvin: I won't forget this battle, Prima. None of us will forget any of our adventures in this mission.

Prima: Good luck to you all.

[She and Alvin shake hands]

Alvin: Thanks again. Let's go, guys.

[They all exit the stadium and enter the beach]

Marion: So, how exactly are we gonna get to Pummelo Island?

Layla: By flight.

Theodore: Flight? Layla, there are no airports here.

Sarah: And if we want to take a blimp, we would have to sail all the way to Valencia Island.

Layla: You forget, we're the Kaleido Gladiators. We can fly. Gladiators, ready?!

Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, and Sarah: Ready!

All nine: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up, then spread their wings]

Brittany: Why didn't you think of this when we were back on Trovita Island?!

Layla: [carries Simon in her arms] I wanted to save energy for when we're all together again.

Alvin: Good point. Plus, we deserved to take in some fresh air.

Sora: [carries Alvin in her arms] Don't worry, kids. We'll carry you all the way.

Rosetta: [carries Theodore in her arms] We'll make sure we don't let go.

[May carries Jeanette in her arms; Sarah carries Eleanor in her arms]

Layla: Everyone ready for takeoff?

Chipmunks and Chipettes: Ready!

Layla: Let's fly!

[The Gladiators fly, with the Chipmunks, Jeanette, and Eleanor in tow]

Sora: Can you feel the breeze, Alvin?

Alvin: Mm-hmm. I feel like I'm flying myself.

Mia: We'll be at Pummelo Island in no time.

Alvin: You know, there's one thing that's bothering me. Why didn't Prescott send his demons after me?

Brittany: Jeanette told us that he confessed to having Savage sabotage Simon and Theodore's Gym Battles.

Alvin: How?

Simon: A giant wave came up to me and Cissy during our wave ride. Blastoise's Blizzard saved me, but Cissy fell off and sunk, so Blastoise and I dove in and saved her.

Theodore: And during my ice sled race with Danny, an avalanche came up behind us, but thanks to Venusaur, we made it out in one piece.

Eleanor: He also said he was fed up with Savage's failures, so he took it upon himself to send a giant robotic Aggron to Kumquat Island. But with the help of Luana, we sent that robot to the scrap heap.

Brittany: I'm surprised Prescott didn't go after me.

Layla: He must've run out of ideas. Oh, well, better press on.

Alvin: To Pummelo Island!

Everyone else: YEAH!

Narrator: Will our heroes retrieve the 8th and final Xenon subcrystal? And what does Alvin have to do to claim it? Keep watching.

[Fade to black]

Narrator: But wait! What about Prescott?

[Back at Prescott's base, Prescott grabs Vega by the lapels]

Prescott: Vega, why did you send one of my demons to the wrong island?!

Vega: But, sir, I did send him to Mandarin Island!

Prescott: Which Mandarin Island?

Vega: North.

Prescott: [throws Vega to the ground] IDIOT! The crystal was on Mandarin Island South! How can you not distinguish the two?!

Vega: The crystals can't be detected by our tracking systems! What do you expect?! And one more thing: Why didn't you send any mutants or robots to Trovita Island?!

Prescott: Why bother with such a very small island? Besides, there's still one subcrystal left unfound. And the whole gang is now bound for Pummelo Island, site of the Orange Island League championships. I'll bet the last crystal is there. Once my demons get their hands on the last crystal, the end of ACME won't ever be avoided. [snickers]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tyler: It's been much too quiet around here lately.

Ryan: Isn't that a good thing?

Drake: You and your team must've been great Pokémon trainers to make it all this way, Alvin. Are you ready to battle?

Alvin: Am I ever!

Desolatron: [fires blasts from his mouths at the Gladiators] I won't leave without that crystal!

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Xenon Quest Part 5! Vigilance, dedication, courage!

[Charizard roars]

Last edited by TVLubber (6/07/2021 8:05 pm)

9/09/2016 6:44 pm  #4

Nice.

9/10/2016 9:33 am  #5

Today's Quizzer is going to be music!

1. Blaziken's featherless, gray hands with three fingers each, and three clawed toes that are not normally visible due to the shaggy.

2. Butterfree has been observed flying near the ocean as part of its migratory breeding pattern.

3. Machamp has poor dexterity, nd can partly handle delicate work without its arms becoming tangled.

4. In the episode The Mandarin Island Miss Match, Pirma used her Jynx to send Team Rocket "___________ ________ __________!".

5. When Slowbro Mega Evolves into Mega Slowbro, it becomes engulfed by the Shellder to the point where only its head, arms and tail are visible.

6. Exeggutor and its pre-evolved form are the only known Pokémon that can learn Steel Bomb.

7. Pidgeot is known to prey on Magikarp, which it can spot from great heights.

8. A well known gym leader that owns a Venomoth is Koga.

9. If Starmie's low on health, its center core will flash for a few seconds then it goes dark.

10. The Pokémon Dance Mix by Vicki Sue Robinson first appeared in Lights, Camera, Quacktion during the first part of the audition process for Clevon Speilbron's movie.

BONUS: Had Mahri and Seel got caught in the center of the whirlpool, they would have died.

Last edited by ACME Crime Net (9/10/2016 10:21 am)

9/10/2016 1:07 pm  #6

ACME Crime Net wrote:

Today's Quizzer is going to be music!

1. Blaziken's featherless, gray hands with three fingers each, and three clawed toes that are not normally visible due to the shaggy.

2. Butterfree has been observed flying near the ocean as part of its migratory breeding pattern.

3. Machamp has poor dexterity, nd can partly handle delicate work without its arms becoming tangled.

4. In the episode The Mandarin Island Miss Match, Pirma used her Jynx to send Team Rocket "___________ ________ __________!".

5. When Slowbro Mega Evolves into Mega Slowbro, it becomes engulfed by the Shellder to the point where only its head, arms and tail are visible.

6. Exeggutor and its pre-evolved form are the only known Pokémon that can learn Steel Bomb.

7. Pidgeot is known to prey on Magikarp, which it can spot from great heights.

8. A well known gym leader that owns a Venomoth is Koga.

9. If Starmie's low on health, its center core will flash for a few seconds then it goes dark.

10. The Pokémon Dance Mix by Vicki Sue Robinson first appeared in Lights, Camera, Quacktion during the first part of the audition process for Clevon Speilbron's movie.

BONUS: Had Mahri and Seel got caught in the center of the whirlpool, they would have died.

1. True
2. ?
3. ?
4. "Blasting off again"
5. True
6. False. Egg Bomb.
7. False?
8. True
9. True?
10. False. And the director's name was Cleavon Schpielbunk. It debuted in a trailer for Pokémon: The First Movie.

Board footera