ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2016 6:47 pm  #1

Side-Fic 248: The Xenon Quest Pt. 5

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Alvin: Hey, everyone! The show's gonna start soon! Remember to watch in a brightly lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

[Charizard roars]

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

Narrator: Last time, on Trovita Island, Brittany challenged Gym Leader Rudy to a best-of-five battle, and with the help of Brittany's Mega Blaziken, won the Spike Shell Badge and the 6th Xenon subcrystal, as well as new friends.
Meanwhile, on Mandarin Island, Alvin challenged local expert Pokémon trainer Prima to a 6-on-4 battle at Mandarin Stadium. The battle proved to be quite fierce, but thanks to Alvin's newly-evolved Chesnaught, Alvin was able to defeat Prima and win the 7th subcrystal. Now only one crystal remains. Can our reunited heroes get it?

[ACME Labs, Saturday, August 20th, 3:51pm]

[Tyler, Hunter, and Ryan are nearly finished making final readjustments to the crystal transformer; Jeb and the remaining Spider Riders and Battle Spiders look on]

Hunter: This device should work, but there's no way of knowing until Alvin and the others get back.

Tyler: Alvin called and told me that the gang now has seven subcrystals. I'm gonna be relieved when they get back with all eight. It's been much too quiet around here lately.

Ryan: Dad, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a good thing?

Tyler: It should be, except that Prescott Vorstein knows we're seeking out the power of Xenon Crystal. That's why he'd been sending those demons to the Orange Islands to try and stop the gang. He won't stop at anything.

Dagger: I sure hope Alvin and the others return soon.

Shadow: Me, too, Dagger.

Corona: I really miss having them around.

Aqune: So do I, Corona.

Hunter: Me, too.

[Pummelo Island, 4:00pm]

[At the Pokémon Center, Alvin hands the local Nurse Joy his Pokéballs]

Alvin: Please take care of my Pokémon for a while, Nurse Joy.

Joy: No problem, Alvin.

[She takes in the Pokéballs]

Alvin: I gotta make sure our Pokémon are fully fighting fit in case anymore demons show up, or anyone wants to battle me.

Brittany: Yeah. Besides, they had a tough battle against Prima.

Alvin: By the way, I heard some of you guys got into Gym Battles to get those crystals.

[Simon, Theodore, Brittany, and Jeanette each extract an Orange League Gym Badge from their backpacks]

Simon: Yep. The Coral Eye Badge.

Theodore: The Sea Ruby Badge.

Jeanette: The Jade Star Badge.

Brittany: And the Spike Shell Badge.

Eleanor: One from each member of the Orange Crew.

Alvin: Cool! Wait. Doesn't that mean that...

Joy: That's right. With those badges, one of you can represent your group in the Orange League Championship.

Layla: Alvin, since you haven't battled the Orange Crew, maybe you should compete in that tournament.

Joy: I should warn you that if you wanna win that tournament, you gotta beat Drake, the leader of the Orange Crew.

Alvin: Ash told me a lot about him. He was a tough opponent. His Dragonite nearly overwhelmed four of his Pokémon, but Pikachu was able to finish it. [extracts his Mega Ring from his backpack] But tomorrow, I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Simon: Alvin, that's your Mega Ring with the Key Stone!

Alvin: Most of you guys won your Gym Battles with Mega-Evolved Pokémon. It's my turn now.

Brittany: Speaking of evolution, Alvin, I wanna show you something.

[She opens a Pokéball; out of it comes her Serperior]

Serperior: Serperior!

Theodore and Eleanor: Us, too!

[They each open a Pokéball; out of Theodore's comes his Frogadier; out of Eleanor's comes her Dewott]

Frogadier: Frogadier!

Dewott: Dewott!

Alvin: It's great to see that some of your Pokémon evolved during your Gym Battles. Oh, and by the way, while I was traveling the islands, I caught four new Pokémon: Lapras, Onix, Oddish, and Poliwag. Lapras is already being treated, while the others are back home with Dave.

Eleanor: You have a Poliwag, too, Alvin? Boy, is my Poliwrath gonna be jealous.

Alvin: You could have it be Poliwag's coach. Plus, we have a few King's Rocks held in storage back at headquarters.

Jeanette: Oh, you're gonna go for a Politoed.

Alvin: Mm-hmm. But I gotta wait until Poliwag learns moves that it can't learn as a Poliwrath or a Politoed.

Sora: What if it doesn't wanna evolve, like Ash's Pikachu?

Alvin: There's a possibility. If it doesn't, might as well make the best of it.

Simon: Alvin, if you wanna battle Drake, you could borrow some of our Pokémon. You can borrow my Blastoise or Electivire if you want. Maybe even Torterra.

Brittany: I can let you use Meganium, Serperior, or Blaziken.

Theodore: Venusaur, Infernape, or Aggron. It's your choice.

Jeanette: You can take Sceptile, Scizor, or Typhlosion.

Eleanor: How 'bout Swampert, Feraligatr, or even Dewgong? You might need an Ice-type to go up against a Dragonite.

Alvin: [giggles] Thanks for the offer, guys, but my own Pokémon and I can handle this. The question is, which ones? I know I'll be using Charizard and Chesnaught.

Brittany: I heard that Dragon-types are at a disadvantage against Fairy-types.

Alvin: But the only Fairy-type I have-- Hey, you're right! Sylveon!

Simon: And you'll need an Ice-type to take down a Dragonite.

Mia: You could use Lapras for that battle.

Alvin: I would, but Lapras still needs more time to train. I'm gonna use Cryogonal. And to fight a Dragon-type with a Dragon-type, I'll use Hydreigon.

Theodore: Alvin, does your Dusclops know Ice Punch?

Alvin: Sure does. Maybe I could give it a chance in this battle.

[The Pokémon Center heal signal is heard; Nurse Joy brings out Alvin's Pokéballs and hands them back to him]

Joy: Here you are, Alvin. Your Pokémon are all completely fighting fit.

Alvin: Thanks, Nurse.

Joy: Good luck in your upcoming match.

[Alvin walks up to the phone]

Alvin: [dials Dave's number] I gotta let Dave know about this.

[The phone opens a signal to Dave at the Chipmunks' home]

Alvin: Hi, Dave.

Dave: Hi, Alvin. How'd the battle go against Prima?

Alvin: I won. [shows the medal he won] See?

Dave: Good job, Alvin! You're an even better trainer than I ever thought you were. So, you're calling now to swap Pokémon again?

Alvin: Sure am, Dave, and for a very big battle. My team won all four Orange League Gym Badges, and I'm gonna qualify for the Orange League. I think Drake might have the final piece of the Xenon subcrystal. It's gonna be a full battle, so I'm gonna need Hydreigon, Dusclops, Cryogonal, and Sylveon. [places four of his Pokéballs on the transporter] In exchange, I'll send back Metagross, Lapras, Manectric, and Empoleon.

Dave: [places four Pokéballs in his transporter] Sure. By the way, when you open Dusclops' Pokéball, you might wanna check out what I gave it.

Alvin: I don't care, as long as it helps me win tomorrow's big battle.

[He pushes the transport button; the Pokéballs get transported out, and in their place appear four new ones; Alvin grabs them]

Alvin: Here they are, Dave.

Dave: Good luck, Alvin.

[He hangs up]

Alvin: [tosses the four Pokéballs] Let's go, guys!

[Out of the Pokéballs come Alvin's Sylveon, Hydreigon, Cryogonal, and Dusclops (who is wearing a Reaper Cloth)]

Sylveon: Sylveon!

Cryogonal: Cryogonal!

Hydreigon: Hydreigon!

Dusclops: Dusclops!

Alvin: You guys all set for tomorrow's big match?

[All four Pokémon nod]

Alvin: By the way, Dusclops, what's that you're wearing?

Dusclops: [looks down at its Reaper Cloth] Clops?

[The Reaper Cloth starts glowing, which causes Dusclops to glow, as well]

Brittany: Oh, my!

Simon: Dusclops is evolving!

Jeanette: But it's not even battling or touching a stone. Unless...

[Dusclops evolves into a Dusknoir]

Dusknoir: Dusknoir!

Alvin: It's Dusknoir!

[He looks up Dusknoir]

Dextette: Dusknoir, the Gripper Pokémon, and the evolved form of Dusclops when traded or transported while holding a Reaper Cloth. The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there.

Simon: So it was the exchange and the Reaper Cloth that made Dusclops evolve.

Alvin: Now I'm more ready to take on Drake than ever. Dusknoir, I'm counting on you, and all my other Pokémon. You up for it?

Dusknoir: [nods] Noir.

[They bump fists]

Alvin: Come on, guys. Let's see what this center's got to eat.

[Later that night, everyone is sound asleep, except Alvin, who is sharing a blanket on a sofa with Sora]

Alvin: [in his mind] Tomorrow, our last challenge for a piece of the Xenon Crystal. I've gotta win it if I wanna get the Spider Riders back in action. But what if Prescott might interfere? He's already hit six islands. I can't afford to let him get near that last subcrystal.

[Sora wakes up]

Sora: Alvin, are you still awake?

Alvin: [aloud; quietly] Oh. Hey, Sora. Yeah, I am. I was just thinking about tomorrow's big battle. I'm a little nervous, 'cause if I lose, this whole quest will be for nothing.

Sora: Don't say that, Alvin. Even if you do lose, I'm sure we'll find a way to convince Drake to give you that crystal.

Alvin: But what good will that do? We got the other crystals through hard work and success, and just getting one out of pity is just gonna make us feel like fools.

[The Fool appears before them]

Fool: Speak my name, and I appear.

Alvin: Fool, we didn't mean you.

Fool: Oh. Forgive me, you two. But as long as I'm here...

[He gazes into his crystal ball]

Fool: The crystal foretells a heated battle between Aquarius and Leo. But a rogue Pisces intends to avert this.

Sora: A rogue Pisces?

Alvin: Prescott Vorstein. According to his rap sheet, he was born on April 6th, 1950, which makes him a Pisces.

Fool: Beware, Alvin, for Prescott will stop at nothing to claim any of the Xenon subcrystals.

Alvin: Thanks for the warning, Fool.

Sora: Now, please go. Some of us have to get some sleep.

Fool: Very well. [disappears] Pleasant dreams to you both.

Alvin: Good night, Fool.

Sora: [lies down] Come here, Alvin. You need your sleep.

[Alvin lies down beside her]

Sora: I promise, I'll be right behind you during your big match tomorrow. We all will.

Alvin: Thanks, Sora.

[Sora gives Alvin a kiss on the forehead; they fall asleep]

[Back at Prescott's base, Prescott consults with a creepy-looking demon]

Prescott: Desolatron, tomorrow morning, Alvin is to face the leader of the Orange Crew in a full Pokémon battle, and he'll stop at nothing to obtain the last Xenon subcrystal. I want you to destroy him and all his friends before they even reach Pummelo Stadium.

Desolatron: But, sir, the crystal may be guarded.

Prescott: Those guards, if any, are mere humans. They're easy pickings for a demon like you. Do whatever it takes to get the crystal, even if you have to kill and/or be killed for it. Once the crystal is completely unguarded, unless you're well enough to do it yourself, I'll send my Demonitron to retrieve it and bring it back here.

Desolatron: I'll go to Pummelo at once.

Prescott: Wait underground 'til I give the signal.

[Desloatron vanishes]

Prescott: That Xenon subcrystal belongs to no one but me. Once I have it, I'll tap into its power, then use it to power my demons and Demon Riders, and nothing will stop them. Not even ACME, nor even Soprano Falco. [snickers]

[All the while, Owen, Vega, Gelman, Robertson, and Rawlings have heard the whole thing from the room next door]

Owen: [to his fellow henchmen] The same damn thing every damn day.

Vega: I know. It's irritating.

Robertson: Doesn't he get tired of it?

Gelman: God, he's annoying. He may be my boss, but still...

Rawlings: Plus, considering the demons I worked so hard to create disposable?

[Eye-catch]

Gang: Who's that Pokémon?!

Last edited by TVLubber (7/17/2017 9:04 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/11/2016 2:35 am  #2

Re: Side-Fic 248: The Xenon Quest Pt. 5

Like it.

9/13/2016 7:28 am  #3

Gang: It's Dragonite!

[Dragonite roars]

[Pummelo Island Verification House, 9:00am]

[The gang approaches the desk; a man scans the four badges]

Man: [looks at his computer] It says here you're a rookie trainer from Los Angeles, Mr. Seville.

Alvin: That's right.

Man: You've only got an hour to get ready for your winner's trophy match. Now, before you get started, I wanna show you to the Palace of Victory.

Alvin: What's that?

[Cut to the Palace of Victory]

Man: Most of us know this place now as the Orange Island League Hall of Fame.

[There are displays of photographs and handprints (of the winning trainers and their Pokémon)]

Sora: All these people won the competition before?

Man: That's right.

[Brittany eyes Ash's display]

Brittany: Guys, look! Here's Ash's picture!

[The gang walks up to her]

Alvin: Awesome!

Mia: He sure had a cool hat back then.

Brittany: And his Pokémon-- Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Lapras, and Tauros.

Man: As your team have already learned, Alvin, each Orange Island Gym is different, because the Orange Crew believes it's important to test both trainers and their Pokémon under numerous circumstances so as to prove how well they work as a team. And by succeeding in all four gyms and in the Orange League, you all deserve a spot in the hall of fame.

Simon: [eyes a Dragonite statue] Those statues-- I've seen one of those at the verification house.

Man: That's the guardian of the island: Dragonite. It's also the leader's top Pokémon. Up until Ash Ketchum came along, Dragonite was the reason no one ever beat Drake. And even after losing to Ash, he's been back on his winning streak.

Alvin: Dragonite. I have a friend who has a Dragonite. Actually, two friends.

Man: Then it looks as if you'll have a sporting chance. Good luck, Alvin.

[Pummelo Stadium, 9:50am]

[The gang approaches the stadium]

Layla: This is it, everyone. Pummelo Stadium.

Alvin: Site of my big match for the final piece of the Xenon Crystal.

[Suddenly, the ground beneath them rumbles]

Rosetta: Hey, what's happening?!

[Desolatron emerges from underground before them]

Desolatron: [laughs] You'll never get the chance to battle Drake! The crystal is as good as Prescott's!

Alvin: Who are you?!

Desolatron: I'm Desolatron. I was supposed to annihilate you on Mandarin Island, but I was sent to the northern island instead of the southern island where you were. And what fun it'll be to wipe out the whole lot of you!

[He fires blasts from his mouths at the gang, who dodge, then hit the ground]

Layla: Gladiators, ready?!

Rest of KS and Brittany: Ready!

All 9: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: K-1! Golden Phoenix!

[The cry of a phoenix is heard]

Sora: K-2! Angel of Hope!

[Angelic voices are heard]

Rosetta: K-3! Diabolo Fairy!

Marion: K-4! Aqua Blossom!

May: K-5! Demon Blader!

Brittany: K-6! Dove of Dreams!

[The cry of a dove is heard]

Mia: K-7! Platinum Pixie!

Anna H.: K-8! Geo Jester!

Sarah: K-9! Lorikeet of Love!

Layla: Where there is life, there is a heart of justice!

All 9: Kaleido Gladiators!

Layla: You guys go ahead! We'll handle this demon!

Desolatron: Don't think so!

[A large army of Demonitron appear, blocking the path to the entrance]

Alvin: Demonitron!

Simon: They're all over!

Brittany: Everyone let out your Pokémon and see if you can ward 'em off!

Alvin: I can't. I need to save my Pokémon for the match.

Simon: These Demonitron won't stand a chance, anyway. [tosses six Pokéballs] Go!

[Out of the Pokéballs come his Blastoise, Electivire, Excadrill, Golem, Marowak, and Torterra]

Blastoise: Blastoise!

Electivire: Electivire!

Excadrill: Excadrill!

Golem: Golem!

Marowak: Marowak!

Torterra: Torterra!

Theodore: [tosses six Pokéballs] You, too!

[Out of the Pokéballs come his Venusaur, Infernape, Aggron, Frogadier, Gastrodon, and Hitmonchan]

Venusaur: Venusaur!

Infernape: Infernape!

Aggron: Aggron!

Frogadier: Frogadier!

Gastrodon: Gastrodon!

Hitmonchan: Hitmonchan!

Brittany: [tosses six Pokéballs] I choose you!

[Out of her Pokéballs come her Blaziken, Serperior, Butterfree, Altaria, Magnezone, and Milotic]

Blaziken: Blaziken!

Serperior: Serperior!

Butterfree: Free!

Altaria: Altaria!

Magnezone: Magnezone!

Milotic: Milotic!

Jeanette: [tosses six Pokéballs] Let's go!

[Out of the Pokéballs come her Sceptile, Scizor, Ninetales, Typhlosion, Pignite, and Leafeon]

Sceptile: Sceptile!

Scizor: Scizor!

Ninetales: Ninetales!

Typhlosion: Typhlosion!

Pignite: Pignite!

Leafeon: Leafeon!

Eleanor: [tosses six Pokéballs] Here we go!

[Out of her Pokéballs come her Dewgong, Dewott, Feraligatr, Starmie, Poliwrath, and Swampert]

Dewgong: Dewgong!

Dewott: Dewott!

Feraligatr: Feraligatr!

Starmie: Ha!

Poliwrath: Poliwrath!

Swampert: Swampert!

Simon: Everyone, attack the Demonitron!

[The Pokémon charge at the Demonitron, who charge back; a fight breaks out; the Gladiators fight Desolatron w/their weapons]

Theodore, Brittany, and Jeanette: All Fire-types, use Flamethrower!

[Blaziken, Typhlosion, Ninetales, Pignite, and Infernape fire Flamethrower at the Demonitron]

Simon: Blastoise, Hydro Pump!

Theodore: Frogadier, Hydro Pump!

Brittany: Milotic, Hydro Pump!

Eleanor: Swampert, Feraligatr, Starmie, Poliwrath, and Dewott, Hydro Pump in stereo! Dewott, Ice Beam!

[All their Pokémon fire their attacks at the Demonitron]

Theodore: Venusaur, Power Whip! Aggron, Head Smash! Hitmonchan, Focus Punch! Gastrodon, Body Slam!

[All of his Pokémon strike the Demonitron w/their attacks]

Jeanette: Scizor, Bullet Punch! Sceptile and Leafeon, Leaf Blade!

[Said three Pokémon strike the Demonitron w/their attacks]

Brittany: Serperior, Leaf Storm! Butterfree, Gust! Magnezone, Thunder! Altaria, Ice Beam!

[Said four Pokémon fire their attacks at the Demonitron]

Simon: Marowak, Bone Rush! Excadrill, Horn Drill! Golem, Heavy Slam! Torterra, Crunch!

[Said four Pokémon strike the Demonitron w/their attacks; all of the Demonitron have taken massive damage]

Simon: Now, to finish 'em all off! Electivire, Thunder!

Electivire: Electiiiiiiiiii-- [fires Thunder at the Demonitron] --VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!

[All of the Demonitron scream as they get zapped; they all vanish into dust]

Desolatron: This isn't over yet! [fires blasts from his mouths at the Gladiators] I won't leave without that crystal!

Sora: Kaleido Brace! [dials 1] Angelic Chop!

[She strikes Desolatron w/her glowing left hand; not much damage is done]

Desloatron: A demon against an angel-- Good odds. [kicks Sora to the ground] For me!

Sora: [dials 2; gains extra wings] Try this on for size!

[Desolatron fires blasts at Sora, who dodges swiftly and takes to the sky]

Sora: [dials 3; gains 12 arrows; fires them at Desolatron] Arrows of Hope!

[Desolatron knocks all 12 arrows aside, then jumps up, and strikes Sora]

Sora: [dials 4] Come, Gladiator Swan!

[The Gladiator Swan appears; Sora rides on its back]

Sora: Angelic Wind!

[She and the swan flap their wings, creating an angelic tornado, which catches Desolatron, sending him flying]

Sora: [dials 5] EnviroCannons!

[EnviroCannons appear on her shoulders]

Sora: FIRE!

[Her cannons fire at Desolatron, hitting him hard; Desolatron hits the ground]

Desolatron: [growls] Prescott will not stand for this! I'll get that Xenon subcrystal, even if it takes every last ounce of my strength to do so! Before I destroy you, Angel of Hope, I'll destroy your team!

[He fires a massive blast from his middle mouth at the other eight Gladiators]

Sora: [steps in the line of fire; shields w/her wings] Angel Shield!

[But the blast is so strong, it only pushes her back towards the other Gladiators]

Desolatron: Your shield is useless against my superpowered demonic blasts. Prescott knows about your specialties and finds many ways to counteract them.

Sora: Alvin, go! You've got a battle!

Alvin: No! You promised to stay behind me during my match. I should do the same for you in this battle! I know you can beat this guy!

Sora: [teary-eyed] Alvin,...

Desolatron: Oh, you care more for your Gladiator friend than some stupid crystal? Very brave of you, kid. [charges at Alvin] I'll be happy to see her squirm when she sees I destroyed her little friend!

[Alvin just stands there]

Sora: Alvin!

[She dials 6]

[Yakusoku no Basho he (Kaleido Star opening 2) is heard in the background]

Sora: Mega Armor, activate!

[Her brace, and soon, her whole body, glows white; she gains swan armor, her wings expand and glow brightly; her bow takes on a new shape; she gains a white glowing blade: The Blade of Hope]

Sora: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

[She flies toward Desolatron and pins him to the ground]

Alvin: Thanks, Sora! My God, you look beautiful!

Sora: I really appreciate your support, Alvin. I'll take it from here!

[She faces Desolatron]

Desolatron: [charges at Sora] Give me your worst, Angel of Hope!

Sora: [as her blade glows] Blade of Hope!

[She fires it from her bow at Desolatron, striking him through the chest; Desolatron screams as he gets electrified; Sora gets her blade back]

Sora: [flies up] It's over, Desolatron! Blade of Hope, FINAL STRIKE!

[She bisects Desolatron w/her blade; Desolatron screams, splits in half, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Desolatron is gone]

Layla: Well done, Sora!

Sora: Thanks, Layla.

[All nine of them revert to normal; everyone recalls their Pokémon]

Alvin: That was so awesome, Sora! I knew someday you'd unlock your Mega Mode.

Sora: So did I, Alvin. So did I.

Announcer: Attention, please. The first Orange League match of the season will begin in two minutes.

Alvin: Two minutes?! Guys, we gotta go!

[They all hurry into the stadium]

Last edited by TVLubber (9/13/2016 7:53 pm)

9/13/2016 8:36 pm  #4

[Cut back to Prescott's base]

Prescott: My last chance to get a subcrystal, and it failed!

[He punches Rawlings in the face]

Prescott: And it's all your fault, 'cause you created such an incompetent demon!

Rawlings: Sir, we haven't lost yet! Alvin has to beat Drake to claim the last subcrystal. He might lose.

Prescott: It's too late, Rawlings! The demons had their chance, and they blew it. And making new ones with what we've got is pointless, since the gang is all together again. They'll just screw up again. We'll just have to come up with new and improved ways to destroy ACME. Wait. Gelman, do you still have those blueprints?

Gelman: [enters w/blueprints] Yes, sir.

Prescott: Ahh. Gonna take a month or so, but it'll be worth it to destroy ACME. [snickers]

[Pummelo Stadium, 10:00am]

[Whilst the rest of the gang takes their seats on the supporters' bench, Alvin enters the arena]

[Cheers and applause]

Announcer: Pummelo Stadium is oozing with excitement today as we prepare for the first Orange Island League match of the season. Entering the arena is the Orange Crew leader's opponent: A rookie trainer from Los Angeles, California, Alvin Seville, a famous recording star, who hopes to break the champion's long winning streak and earn himself the winner's trophy and a permanent spot in the hall of fame.

[Entering the arena is the Orange Crew leader himself: Drake]

[Cheers and applause]

Announcer: Now entering the arena is the leader of the Orange Crew himself: Drake, who has maintained a very long winning streak since losing to Ash Ketchum in a prior match.

[Alvin and Drake walk up to each other]

Alvin: So you're Drake. I've heard quite a lot about you.

Drake: I've heard a lot about you, too, Alvin.

[They shake hands]

Drake: Welcome to Pummelo Stadium. You and your team must've been great Pokémon trainers to make it all this way, Alvin. I've also heard about your quest for the Xenon subcrystals.

Alvin: We've already found seven. The last piece is the reason why we're here.

Drake: And I'll be glad to present it to you if you beat me. Are you ready to battle?

Alvin: Am I ever!

Referee: Remember, this is a full six-on-six Pokémon battle. After three of the champion's Pokémon are unable to battle, there will be a field change. Furthermore, only the challenger will be allowed to switch Pokémon at any time. Good luck to the both of you.

[Alvin and Drake nod, then take their positions; the first field is a rocky terrain]

Announcer: The trainers are now ready to battle. They'll begin on a rock field.

[DING!]

Drake: [tosses a Pokéball] This first one shouldn't be a bad likeness!

[Out of the ball comes his Ditto]

Ditto: Ditto!

Alvin: A Ditto!

[He looks up Ditto]

Dextette: Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Ditto has the ability to reconstitute its entire cellular structure to transform into whatever it sees.

Announcer: As many of our fans have seen, Ditto's one and only move is Transform, which can be devastating on its opponents. Which of his Pokémon will the challenger kick off with?

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Sylveon, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Sylveon]

Sylveon: Sylveon!

​Announcer: Alvin has selected the Fairy-type Sylveon.

Drake: Ditto, Transform into Sylveon!

Ditto: Ditto!

[It transforms into a Sylveon]

Alvin: Transform not only lets Ditto copy its moves and stats, but it also lets it copy its type, which makes it much easier for me. Sylveon, use Iron Tail!

[Sylveon's tail glows]

Announcer: Sylveon's opening move: A Steel-type move, very effective against a Fairy-type!

[Sylveon strikes Ditto w/Iron Tail; Ditto shakes it off]

Announcer: Despite the super-effective strike, Ditto still stands strong!

Drake: Ditto, strike back with Iron Tail!

[Ditto's tail glows; just as it is about to strike Sylveon, Sylveon leans back, but the Iron Tail strikes the rock it's standing on, causing Sylveon to hit the ground; Sylveon and Ditto each jump onto another rock]

Alvin: Sylveon, hang in there! Use Moonblast!

Drake: Ditto, Moonblast!

[Both Pokémon fire Moonblast at each other, hitting each other]

Announcer: Fans, both Pokémon have taken the hit from an amazing Moonblast battle!

[The rocks beneath Sylveon and Ditto crumble; both Pokémon navigate the rocks easily]

Announcer: But watch as they navigate those rocks! They sure know how to play the field.

Drake: You're even better than I thought, Alvin. Hardly anyone ever gets past Ditto. Normally, after battling it, trainers panic and make major errors.

Alvin: It didn't affect Ash, so I shouldn't be any different. He coached me. And there's one more thing I wanna remind you, Drake: Ditto may copy a Pokémon, but it'll never copy its personality.

Sylveon: [nods] Syl!

Alvin and Drake: Use Double-Edge!

[Sylveon and Ditto strike each other w/Double-Edge, then both hit the ground and take recoil damage]

Announcer: Both have not only damaged each other with Double-Edge, but they've both damaged themselves with recoil damage.

[Sylveon gets back on her feet]

Alvin: All right, Sylveon! Finish it off with Hyper Beam!

Sylveon: Veon!

[She fires Hyper Beam at Ditto, hitting it hard; Ditto revers to normal and faints]

Announcer: Sylveon's devastating Hyper Beam has completely put an end to Ditto's show.

Referee: Ditto is unable to battle. Sylveon wins!

[Applause]

Brittany: All right! Off to a great start!

Layla: Nice job, Alvin!

Sora: That's one down!

Alvin: I knew you'd hang tough, Sylveon. Great job!

[Sylveon smiles and nods]

Drake: [recalls Ditto] You gave it a good effort, Ditto. [to Alvin] And the same goes for you, too, Alvin, but this next one's got nerves of steel! [tosses another Pokéball]

[Out of the ball comes a Steelix]

[Steelix growls]

Alvin: That's a Steelix!

[He looks up Steelix]

Dextette: Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon, and the evolved form of Onix. Steelix chews its way through boulders with its sturdy jaws. Its eyes can see in the darkness underground.

Alvin: A Steel-type can easily beat a Fairy-type. [recalls Sylveon] Sylveon, return!

Announcer: Alvin has recalled Sylveon, knowing that Steelix's Steel-type moves can be super-effective against Fairy-types. Which one will he use now?

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Chesnaught, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Chesnaught]

Chesnaught: Chesnaught! [gives Alvin a thumbs-up signal] Naught.

[Alvin gives a thumbs-up signal right back and winks]

Announcer: Alvin's next choice is a Grass-and-Fighting-type: Chesnaught. Judging by type, Chesnaught may have the advantage. But since evolving from Onix, Steelix is a very rock-solid combatant.

Drake: Not a very bad choice, Alvin. Steelix, Fire Fang!

[Steelix's fangs ignite as it opens wide]

Announcer: Steelix is preparing for a Fire-type Fire Fang, super-effective against Grass-types.

Alvin: Chesnaught, Spiky Shield!

[Chesnaught blocks the attack w/Spiky Shield, and Steelix takes damage]

Announcer: Whoa! The spikes from Chesnaught's shield have not only blocked Fire Fang, but have also damaged Steelix!

Drake: Impressive tactics, Alvin. Steelix, Dig!

[Steelix burrows underground]

Alvin: Chesnaught, when Steelix comes up, knock it down with Drain Punch!

[Chesnaught nods; Steelix pops up and strikes it from behind; Chesnaught strikes it hard w/Drain Punch, sapping its energy]

Drake: Steelix, Bind!

[Steelix grasps Chesnaught w/Bind]

Alvin: Chesnaught, hang on!

[Chesnaught struggles to free itself, but to no avail]

Drake: Now you won't escape this one. Steelix, Fire Fang!

[Steelix bites Chesnaught w/Fire Fang]

Alvin: Chesnaught, break free with Wood Hammer!

[Chesnaught strikes Steelix w/Wood Hammer, breaking free, then takes recoil damage]

Announcer: Chesnaught has broken free from Steelix's Bind with Wood Hammer!

Drake: Steelix, Iron Tail! Now!

[Steelix is about to strike Chesnaught]

Alvin: Spiky Shield!

[Chesnaught blocks w/Spiky Shield; Steelix takes damage and faints]

Referee: Steelix is unable to battle. Chesnaught wins!

[Applause]

Chesnaught: [pumps its fists up into the air] Chesnaught!

Announcer: Steelix has been knocked out by its own move! What a play by Alvin and Chesnaught!

Alvin: You did it, Chesnaught! Two in a row! [recalls Chesnaught] Now, get a bit of rest. I may need you later.

Drake: I thought for sure Steelix's Bind would beat Chesnaught. Boy, was I wrong to underestimate this newbie. [recalls Steelix] Steelix, return!

[The crowd murmurs their opinions on Alvin]

Simon: I can't help but overhear the crowd murmuring about Alvin.

Theodore: They must be on his side.

Marion: This could be bad news for Drake.

Drake: I may have lost two in a row, Alvin, but you won't stand a ghost of a chance against #3! [tosses another Pokéball]

Alvin: [tosses another Pokéball] We'll see! Cryogonal, I choose you!

[Out of Drake's Pokéball comes his Gengar]

Gengar: Gengar!

[Out of Alvin's Pokéball comes his Cryogonal]

Cryogonal: Cryogonal!

Announcer: Drake's third Pokémon is the Ghost-and-Poison-type Gengar, and Alvin's is the Ice-type Cryogonal. Let's see which one fares.

Alvin: Cryogonal, let's start with Ice Beam!

[Cryogonal fires Ice Beam at Gengar]

Drake: Gengar, fight back with Night Shade!

Gengar: Gengar!

[It fires Night Shade at Ice Beam; both attacks collide and explode]

Alvin: Not bad, Drake. Not bad at all. Cryogonal, Hidden Power!

[Cryogonal fires Hidden Power at Gengar, hitting it]

Drake: Gengar, Confuse Ray!

[Gengar fires Confuse Ray at Cryogonal]

Alvin: I thought I'd see that move coming. Cryogonal, Magic Coat!

[Cryogonal encases itself in Magic Coat, which reflects Gengar's Confuse Ray right back at it, causing it to become confused]

Drake: Oh, no! Gengar!

Announcer: Alvin's Magic Coat has bounced Gengar's Confuse Ray right back, and now Gengar's got a dose of its own medicine!

Alvin: Cryogonal, Ice Beam once more!

[Cryogonal fires Ice Beam; Gengar suddenly snaps out of confusion and dodges]

Announcer: Whoa! Gengar's snapped out of its confusion and has dodged the Ice Beam! How does Drake do that?

Drake: Gengar, Focus Blast!

[Gengar fires Focus Blast at Cryogonal, hitting it]

Alvin: Uh-oh!

Drake: Finish it with Night Shade!

[Gengar fires Night Shade at Cryogonal, hitting it; Cryogonal faints]

Alvin: Cryogonal!

Referee: Cryogonal is unable to battle. Gengar wins!

[Applause]

Announcer: Cryogonal tried its best, but Gengar was just too quick to be confused. Drake has scored his first victory in this match.

Alvin: [recalls Cryogonal] Thanks for at least trying, Cryogonal. Return. [in his mind] It was the only Ice-type I had to use against Dragonite, and it lost. Oh, well. Time to fight a Ghost-type with a Ghost-type. [aloud; tosses a Pokéball] Dusknoir, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Dusknoir]

Dusknoir: Dusknoir!

Announcer: Alvin's next choice is Dusknoir, which makes a perfect match-up going against Gengar.

Drake: Gengar, Shadow Ball!

[Gengar fires Shadow Ball at Dusknoir]

Alvin: Dusknoir, Shadow Ball!

[Dusknoir fires Shadow Ball at Gengar; both get hit]

May: Come on, Dusknoir! Give that gruesome Gengar guff!

Alvin: You heard her, Dusknoir! Shadow Punch!

[Dusknoir strikes Gengar w/Shadow Punch]

Drake: Oh, man. Gengar, Night Shade!

[Gengar fires Night Shade at Dusknoir, hitting it in the gut]

Alvin: Yes!

Drake: It's been quite a long time since my Gengar went up against a Pokémon of its own type. But don't think Dusknoir has won this. Gengar, Confuse Ray!

Alvin: Dusknoir, Ice Punch!

[Dusknoir strikes Gengar w/Ice Punch, freezing it and stopping it from using any moves]

Announcer: Dusknoir has stopped Gengar cold! Now it can't make a move!

Alvin: Okay! End this with Shadow Punch!

[Dusknoir strikes Gengar w/Shadow Punch, shattering the ice; Gengar faints]

Dusknoir: Noir!

Referee: Gengar is unable to battle. Dusknoir wins!

[Applause]

Alvin: YES!

Rosetta: Way to go, Alvin!

Drake: [recalls Gengar] Gengar, return! Good job, my friend.

Referee: With three of the champion's Pokémon out, we will now go into a time-out for a field change.

Alvin: I'll need you for the next round, Dusknoir, but right now, it's time for a field change.

Dusknoir: [nods] Noir.

[Alvin and Dusknoir walk up to the bench as the field changes]

Sora: You feeling all right, Alvin?

Alvin: Yeah. But I need to take a little breather until the end of the field change.

Mia: [hands Alvin a bottled water] Here, have a drink of water.

Alvin: Thank you. [takes a sip]

Brittany: You're ahead by two so far, Alvin, and you're halfway to the last crystal.

Alvin: Yeah, but he hasn't used his Dragonite yet. And with Cryogonal out, I've got my work cut out for me.

Simon: Remember the strategy Ash used to beat Drake: Wear down Dragonite.

Alvin: Roger that, Simon.

[The new field is set up: A grassy field]

Sora: Okay, Alvin. The new field is all set. Go get 'em, tiger.

[She gives Alvin a good-luck kiss]

Alvin: Thanks, Sora. C'mon, Dusknoir.

[He and Dusknoir take their positions on the field]

Announcer: The time-out is over, and now the trainers will be battling on a grassy terrain.

[DING!]

Announcer: We will now begin the 2nd half of this epic match! The challenger: Alvin, has five Pokémon remaining, while the champ has only three. What's his next choice?

Drake: This is the perfect field for my next Pokémon. [tosses another Pokéball] Go!

[Out of the ball comes a Venusaur]

Venusaur: Venusaur!

Announcer: Drake's next choice is Venusaur, who has had a great win-loss record in the past.

Alvin: I'm sticking with Dusknoir. Let's put the freeze on Venusaur! Ice Punch!

[Dusknoir strikes Venusaur w/Ice Punch]

Drake: Venusaur, Synthesis!

Venusaur: Saur.

[It absorbs sunlight and restores its power]

Announcer: Venusaur is recharging with Synthesis. Ice Punch is a very damaging move against a Grass-type.

Alvin: Dusknoir, Shadow Ball!

[Dusknoir fires Shadow Ball at Venusaur]

Drake: Vine Whip!

[Venusaur knocks the Shadow Ball away w/Vine Whip]

Alvin: Aw, man!

Drake: Solar Beam!

[Venusaur gathers sunlight]

Alvin: That move's gonna take a while. In the meantime, give it another Ice Punch, Dusknoir!

[Dusknoir strikes Venusaur w/Ice Punch, sending it flying; Venusaur suddenly fires Solar Beam at Dusknoir, hitting it hard]

Dusknoir: NOIR!

Alvin: Rats! Venusaur might use Synthesis again. Now's as good a time as any to use the only Fire-type I have on hand. [recalls Dusknoir] Dusknoir, return!

Announcer: Alvin has recalled Dusknoir for a little rest. What does he have in mind to take on Venusaur?

Alvin: [tosses another Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars]

Announcer: Alvin's next choice is Charizard, his starter Pokémon, who, as a Fire-and-Flying-type, has a good advantage over Grass-types.

Drake: Venusaur, Synthesis!

[Venusaur replenishes its energy w/Synthesis]

Alvin: Charizard, Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Venusaur, who dodges]

Announcer: What a dodge by Venusaur!

Drake: Double-Edge!

[Venusaur charges at Charizard]

Alvin: I won't let it end this way! Charizard, Flare Blitz!

[Charizard, enveloped in flames, charges at Venusaur; both Pokémon strike, resulting in an explosion; the episode pauses]

Narrator: Charizard and Venusaur's powerful attacks have collided head-on with an explosive result! After the smoke clears, will Charizard be left standing, will it be Venusaur, or will it be a double knockout? And will Alvin succeed in obtaining the final Xenon subcrystal? All the answers in our next episode!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Drake: Dragonite, use Dragon Rush!

Alvin: Sylveon, give it a taste of Moonblast!

Sylveon: [fires Moonblast at Dragonite] Sylveon!

Announcer: Is Moonblast super-effective enough to defeat Dragonite?

Alvin: Charizard, it's time to go Mega!

[Charizard roars]

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Xenon Quest Part 6! Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (7/17/2017 9:04 am)

9/14/2016 8:43 am  #5

This quizzer is gotta be fun!

1. Golem's discarded shell immediately hardens when exposed to air, crumbling away and returning to the soil.
2. Typhlosion has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.
3. A famous owner of Ditto is Duplica. When Ditto got stolen by Team Rocket, Duplica, Ashy-Boy, Misty, and Brock disguised themselves as _________ _________.
4. Steelix's  body is made harder than silver by the iron it ingests when it eats soil.
5. Gengar's body acts as a water sink.
6.  Venusaur has demonstrated the ability to manipulate nature and lead evolution ceremonies for Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.

9/14/2016 12:16 pm  #6

ACME Crime Net wrote:

This quizzer is gotta be fun!

1. Golem's discarded shell immediately hardens when exposed to air, crumbling away and returning to the soil.
2. Typhlosion has a secret, devastating move. It rubs its blazing fur together to cause huge explosions.
3. A famous owner of Ditto is Duplica. When Ditto got stolen by Team Rocket, Duplica, Ashy-Boy, Misty, and Brock disguised themselves as _________ _________.
4. Steelix's  body is made harder than silver by the iron it ingests when it eats soil.
5. Gengar's body acts as a water sink.
6.  Venusaur has demonstrated the ability to manipulate nature and lead evolution ceremonies for Bulbasaur and Ivysaur.

1. True.
2. True.
3. Team Rocket.
4. False. Harder than diamond.
5. False.
6. True?

Board footera