ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2016 11:53 pm  #1

Side-Fic 251: Prescott vs. Soprano

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Soprano: Prepare yourselves for an epic episode. But never forget to watch the program in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to the screen.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Apartment of Hunter Steele, Thursday, November 24th, 5:31pm]

[Corona and Aqune have the turkey ready for Thanksgiving dinner; Sparkle sets the table; Hunter, Tyler, Jeb, and Lumen watch a football game on TV]

Tyler: Damn! What was Cousins thinking?!

Hunter: Jackson was wide-open!

Jeb: Never knew football could be so cutthroat on Thanksgiving.

Lumen: At least it helps bring guys together.

[Hunter gets a text on his iPhone; Hunter looks at it]

Hunter: Oh. Text from Alvin in L.A. His mom just arrived at his place. Check out this selfie.

[He shows the gang a selfie of Alvin and Sora with Alvin's mother Vinny]

Jeb: What's Sora doin' with 'em?

Tyler: Well, since she's taking Thanksgiving weekend off from both ACME and Kaleido Stage, Alvin invited her and Marion to spend Thanksgiving at his place. Even Layla took an early morning flight out of New York to join them.

Jeb: Well, ain't that sweet?

Hunter: Well, Alvin considers the cast of Kaleido Stage part of his family, just like I consider him part of mine.

[The doorbell rings]

Tyler: I got that. [opens the door, revealing Alex Garcia wearing a coat and sweater] Alex?

Alex: [hangs up his coat] Happy Thanksgiving, Tyler. Got enough grub for one more?

Tyler: Plenty to go around for the ADA. Come on in. Dinner's almost ready.

[He shuts the door]

Hunter: Hey, Alex.

Alex: Hunter, happy Thanksgiving. What's the score?

Hunter: 7-zip, Dallas.

Alex: Damn. Winning 10 in a row could lessen the Giants' chances of making the playoffs. By the way, the trial against Marcello Vega starts on Saturday, in case you're interested.

Hunter: That sure didn't take long.

Alex: That's the good news. Unfortunately, the bad news is, he changed defense attorneys.

Jeb: What's the big deal?

Hunter: Jeb, quiet!

Alex: [surprised] Did your dog just--

Tyler: It's too late, Hunter. No point in lying. Alex, it's a long story, but about 22 years ago, Jeb had an accident at a virtual reality lab. He wasn't hurt, but he changed drastically. His lifespan was significantly increased, and he also gained the ability to talk, as you've just heard.

Alex: Well, I gotta admit, I'm impressed. I promise, Tyler, this never gets out into the public. You have my word.

Tyler: Thanks, Alex.

Alex: Now, to answer Jeb's question, the big deal is, of all defense attorneys, he hired Raquel Kline.

Lumen: You're going up against your ex-wife?

Alex: Unfortunately so, Your Highness. And right when I'm in the middle of a custody battle. I got a notice just last week that Raquel is filing a motion to claim custody of my daughter. Gabby once mistook her uncle, Raquel's brother, for me. And I don't blame her. Elias has been like a father to her, anyway. But more to the point, the notice claims that I'm in breach of our custody agreement.

Tyler: What happened?

Alex: Well, I've been working pretty late lately. Ever since you guys got back the Xenon Crystal and restored your Spider Rider powers, Prescott Vorstein's hired a lot more criminals, and other ADAs and I have been working extra hours.

Tyler: I'm sure you'll find a way to win that custody battle, Alex.

Alex: With Prescott still running the streets and Vega still refusing to give him up, I'm not sure it'll be so easy.

Corona: Dinner!

Tyler: Finally! I'm starving.

Hunter: C'mon, Alex. Let's eat.

[A bit later, everyone is gathered around the table for dinner; they hold hands in prayer]

Hunter: Heavenly Father, on this Thanksgiving Day, we thank you for you've blessed us with. As we partake of this meal, let us forever cherish the loved ones who couldn't be with us today, as well as those who don't have a place to sleep or enough to eat. Thank you for the adventures we had all gone through the past year. And please bless us all as we continue to pursue Soprano Falco and Prescott Vorstein. And we hope that in the years to come, we all gather together again. Amen.

Everyone else: Amen.

Aqune: Dig in, guys!

[Everyone starts to eat and pass around food]

[Meanwhile, at Soprano's base, Soprano, Gianna, and R.J. have dinner]

Soprano: [sighs] Thanksgiving is really boring with just the three of us having dinner.

R.J.: Well, I haven't had a decent Thanksgiving in years, anyway, Soprano, what with my time in prison and all.

Gianna: Ditto. Plus, we spent a lot of money to try and destroy ACME and avenge your dad and lost comrades along the way.

R.J.: Yeah. We lost Militia, the Neo-Invectids, the Dark Masters, Pauley Buono, and--

Soprano: Your sister?

R.J.: Yeah, even Mavis. Plus, two other comrades got locked up. One's in a private cell, the other's in solitary.

Argon: Haven't you forgotten about me?

Soprano: Well, at least we still have you, Argon. Unfortunately, we've run out of ideas for new mutants.

R.J.: And you still don't have enough energy to fight.

Argon: Alvin Seville won't be forgiven for this. So, do you plan on disposing of me? Have I outlived my usefulness?

Soprano: No way am I letting you go. Not after all we've been through.

Argon: Master Soprano, Master R.J., Mistress Gianna, I appreciate your kindness.

Soprano: Besides, we still need you in our fight against Prescott. I'm not gonna let that menace get in our way of revenge. That jerk he sent to kill Alto just won't squeal on him.

Gianna: He'd rather die in prison than get tortured to death by Prescott.

Soprano: I wonder what he's up to now.

[Meanwhile, in Prescott's base, Gelman shows Prescott and his henchmen a prototype of a brand-new robotic armor unit]

Gelman: Prescott, friends, I give you a prototype of my very latest and greatest invention: The Cyber Demon Gear. You can forget about Demon Riders. With these new units, not even the new Super Spider Riders can stand a chance.

Prescott: What sort of weapons does that thing come with?

Gelman: Each unit comes with a Red Rapier, a mighty sword that can slice through even the hardest of substances. There's also shoulder cannons that fire Magma Missiles.

Prescott: But does it come with any defense methods?

Gelman: All one has to do is click his or her wrists together, and an impenetrable Plasma Shield surrounds them for 10 seconds. It not only blocks all enemy attacks thrown at them, but it absorbs the energy of any and all attacks thrown at them and boosts the wearer's attack power.

Prescott: Have you tested it yet?

Gelman: [hands Prescott his iPad and plays a video] All recorded and ready to go.

[Prescott and the rest of his gang watch as the video shows a man in a CDG unit fighting a large army of Demonitron; the test subject strikes the Demonitron w/his Red Rapier, then blasts them with Magma Missiles from his shoulder cannons; some of the Demonitron take to the sky; the test subject takes to the sky in hot pursuit; the flying Demonitron fire bursts of flame at him, but the test subject clicks his wrists together, encasing him in a plasma shield that absorbs the flames; the shield dissolves; the test subject fires a massive blast from his cannons at the Demonitron, destroying them all]

Prescott: Not bad, but the power output could use--

Gelman: Already have it in mind. But the video's not over yet. I was about to stop recording when this happened.

[The test subject collapses to the ground; his vital signs are shown; they are flatlining; everyone but Prescott and Gelman are shocked]

Gelman: I know. I didn't believe it myself at first. That was beyond my control. I had no idea using so much power in one battle could be life-threatening. Maybe if I made a few adjustments before increasing the output, nothing should go wrong.

Prescott: Mr. Gelman, it works fine. Just increase the output, and ACME is as good as gone.

Owen: But, sir, you saw the video.

Rawlings: Those units might cause--

Prescott: Question my recommendations again, and it'll be your undoing.

Owen, Rawlings, and Robertson: Understood, sir.

Prescott: Proceed with the output increase, Mr. Gelman. And develop some special units for these guys here.

Gelman: [adjusts his glasses] Yes, sir.

[He goes into his lab]

Prescott: You guys had better be prepared, 'cause one day, you'll be going into combat with those units, too. Except for you, Savage. You already have enough power as it is. Plus, you've still got robots for sale.

Savage: Indeed, I do, boss.

Prescott: But while Gelman and the Demonitron continue building the new units, I've got an important appointment with Soprano tomorrow.

[Supreme Court, Trial Part 38, Friday, November 25th, 9:43am]

[All is being prepared for trial; Judge Reid turns to Raquel Kline (played by Carla Gugino)]

Judge Reid: Miss Kline, it's 9:43. What's the holdup?

Raquel: Sorry, Your Honor, but we need this extra table for our associates.

Judge Reid: There's just enough room in the first row of the gallery.

Raquel: We need to keep a place for Mr. Vega's psychiatrist and family. It is in everyone's interests that Mr. Vega stay in a calm and mental state.

Watson: Your Honor, the People are ready to proceed.

[Defense attorney Lennie Woodrow (played by Delaney Williams) enters with two associates]

Raquel: So are we. Mr. Woodrow.

Woodrow: Good morning, Your Honor. My new associates: Mr. Roberts and Mr. Moore.

Judge Reid: You may all take your seats.

[All attorneys and Vega take their seats]

Watson: You and me, Alex.

Alex: They say there's strength in numbers, but only if the numbers work together like we do.

[Later, at Soprano's base, an alarm blares]

Argon: Master Soprano, intruder alert!

Soprano: Mutant Riders, prepare yourselves!

[R.J. and Gianna assume their Mutant Rider forms and unleash their Mutant Spiders]

R.J.: Whoever you are, intruders, show yourselves!

[Prescott enters through the sliding doors]

Prescott: It's just me, Prescott Vorstein.

Soprano: [seethes] You. You've got a lot of gumption to barge into my base without warning. Your madness must cease at once, Prescott Vorstein!

Prescott: [scoffs] Oh, please. You couldn't get the Xenon Crystal, either.

R.J.: It was you! You sent that hitman to kill my father!

Prescott: Oh, I did more than just that.

Gianna: Sure, you did. We know you and the hitman sent those demons to stop ACME from getting the Xenon Crystal. But we knew you'd fail miserably. If we can't have the crystal, neither should you.

Prescott: Yes, I did, but--

R.J.: You were also the one who sold some of our Mutant Riders those giant robots, weren't you?

Prescott: Well, it was actually my top demon's job, but I sent him. But I was only doing you guys a little favor. I want ACME out of the picture as much as you do. But there's at least one small detail you don't know about me yet.

Soprano: What?!

Prescott: Why Alto started this revenge plot in the first place.

R.J.: You didn't kill my mother. ACME did.

Prescott: Yes, I know. But it would never have happened, were it not for me.

Gianna: What are you talking about?

[Prescott has a flashback of early 1999; a younger Prescott teaches aerobics to numerous students, including Rhonda Rizzoli (played by Drea de Matteo)]

Prescott: Before I joined the Vorstein crime syndicate, I was Rhonda Rizzoli's aerobics instructor. Back then, to cover up my connection to the Vorsteins, I went under the alias: Drake Proctor. Before she became the serial killer everyone but Alto grew to hate, Rhonda was one of my top students. However, I wanted to start a relationship with her, because my one true love before died in a car crash. But Rhonda just treated me like any aerobics instructor, not like a lover.

Rhonda: Sorry, Drake, but I've already got Ralph. Look, I have to go. I gotta make dinner.

Prescott: [voiceover] That's when I snapped and forced her into the bathroom after everyone else left, then had my way with her.

[In the flashback, Prescott grabs Rhonda and drags her into the bathroom, then slams the door; Rhonda screams indistinctly]

Prescott: [behind door] You know you want me! Taking that creepy craphead over me?!

Rhonda: Help! Somebody help!

Prescott: [voiceover] She was screaming her head off. But after half an hour, she kicked me in the face, then ran away.

[A large landing blow is heard; Prescott screams; Rhonda, some of her clothes ripped, exits in a fit of rage, leaving Prescott in the bathroom with a scratch on his face; he smirks]

Prescott: [snickers] See you in Hell, Rizzoli.

[Cut back to the present; Soprano, R.J., and Gianna are shocked]

R.J.: You mean to tell us that you... You tortured my mother?!

Prescott: That's right. And after I saw her serial-killing story on the news, I realized that what I did to her caused her to kill 11 people. So after her death, I flew to California under the name Wayne Van Horn, and never returned for 12 years.

Soprano: Do you have any idea of the damage you caused by torturing Rhonda? If it weren't for you, none of us would ever have wanted revenge against ACME Crime Net. Because of you, R.J. is the only Rizzoli in the family left alive!

R.J.: During our revenge plan, we hired a lot of repeat offenders and wanted criminals, and some of them are dead while the rest are back in jail! Even some of our henchmen died because of my dad. Pauley Buono died of a heart attack because my dad withheld his medication. And my sister Mavis-- She couldn't face what Dad made her do, so she killed herself before you sent that bastard out to kill him. It's because you raped my mother that most of my family's dead!

Prescott: [scoffs] Rhonda should never have said no to me in the first place. And those people she killed-- They should never have gotten in her way. Their fault.

Soprano: You monster! You caused irreparable damage, not only to the Rizzoli family, but to the city, and you're not even sorry?!

Prescott: Tell you what, you can duel me. If you win, I'll turn myself in. But if I win, you'll all become my permanent slaves.

Soprano: Gladly, but your monstrosity will only be your undoing.

[They activate their duel disks and gazers, shuffle their decks, then each draw their first five cards]

Soprano and Prescott: Let's duel!

[LP:
Soprano: 4,000
Prescott: 4,000]

[Chambers of Judge Torrance Reid, 10:23am]

Raquel: Your Honor, the defense motions to exclude the recorded statement of Prescott Vorstein's confession to sending his hired hitman to kill Ralph Rizzoli, Sr.

Watson: Mr. Vorstein was completely unaware that his confession was being recorded.

Woodrow: Ah, but Mr. Vorstein's not the one on trial here. Our client is. And Mr. Vorstein never even mentioned Vega by name. To authenticate, we'd need Prescott Vorstein, but even if, in the unlikely event, he's ever found, we're talking about a vague statement by a defendant who escaped from federal death row while awaiting his execution for several murders.

Raquel: He was also convicted of harboring his convicted uncle after he escaped, hacking, and assault. To allow this evidence to sustain murder-one in the death of a convicted vengeful psychopath is beyond unconscionable.

Alex: Whether or not Mr. Rizzoli was a convicted vengeful psychopath means nothing.

Judge Reid: And without Mr. Vorstein to authenticate, neither does this. Motion to exclude granted. Sorry, Mr. Watson. Mr. Garcia.

[Office of Executive Assistant D.A. Derek Watson, 10:44am]

[Alex and Watson watch the video of Prescott's confession from Diaboromon Lives Pt. 1; there are files of old court cases on Watson's desk]

Prescott: [in video] If I did go after you the minute I got out, Wellsworth would've had me killed. The smart thing to do was let him and anyone who came after make the first move. But a few months before you caught Alto, I lost patience and decided, what the hell? So I took Uncle Klaus' last helicopter and flew back here, and one of my subordinates shot Alto while he was in jail.

Alex: [stops the video] Well, Vega was one of Prescott's subordinates.

Watson: Since he didn't mention any names, and since we still haven't found him, there's nothing we can do to make Judge Reid reconsider. And all we have against him for Alto's murder is the gun that he used to kill his ex-girifriend. And we only have his gunshot residue from when he killed Annie Nomaks.

Alex: Well, we can at least keep this for Prescott's trial, if he lives to go through it. [looks at his watch] God, look at the time. I'm due in Family Court in less than an hour.

Watson: Alex, where are your priorities? If Kline gets her hands on these old court cases that just came in, he'll come up with some implausible alternate theory to get Vega off all charges!

Alex: And I could lose custody of my daughter! You know what, Derek?! That decision is as easy as ABC!

Watson: Not for an ADA!

Alex: Fine! I quit! [grabs his jacket and slams the door]

[Back at Soprano's base]

Prescott: Roll!

[He and Soprano each roll a die; Prescott's comes up 6; Soprano's comes up 5]

Prescott: I'll let you go first, since you need all the advantage you can get.

Soprano: My monsters will mop the floor with you! [places a card] I summon Gren Maju Da Eiza!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: ?]

Soprano: [sets a card] I set one card and end my turn.

Prescott: [draws] I draw! Leaving a monster with no attack points in attack mode will cost you dearly. [places a card] I activate Graceful Charity! [draws three; discards two] I draw three cards and discard two. [places another card] Second, I activate Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two cards. [places another card] Now, I activate Double Summon, which lets me perform two normal-summons this turn. [places another card] Next, I activate Instant Fusion! By turning in 1,000 life points, I get to Fusion-summon a monster from my Extra Deck without using any Fusion materials. Come on out, Elder Entity Norden!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 2,000]

[LP:
Soprano: 4,000 (Hand: 3)
Prescott: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

Prescott: When I special-summon this monster, I get to special-summon a level-4 monster from my graveyard. I special-summon Ganbara Knight!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 0]

Prescott: Now, there are a few downsides. First, the monster I summon with Instant Fusion can't attack and is destroyed at the end of the turn, while the monster I special-summoned with Norden's effect-- It's effects are negated and when it leaves the field, it's banished. But I'll worry about that later. [places another card] Right now, I normal-summon Grand Tiki Elder.

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,500]

Prescott: For my second normal-summon, I tribute it right away. Come on out,...!

[Grand Tiki Elder vanishes, and in his place appears...]

Prescott: Ganbara Lancer!

[LV: 5
ATK: 1,000]

Prescott: When I normal-summon this guy, I get to special-summon another Ganbara Lancer from my deck.

[Another Ganbara Lancer appears]

Prescott: With two level-4 monsters and two level-5 monsters, I can perform two Xyz-summons. I build the Overlay Network by overlaying my level-5 Ganbara Lancers!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Prescott: Rise from the depths, Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon!

[Said monster emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 5
ATK: 2,600]

Prescott: But I'm not quite done yet. [places another card] I activate Swing of Memories! I special-summon Whiptail Crow from my graveyard in attack mode.

[Whiptail Crow appears]

ATK: 1,650]

Prescott: Next, I overlay my level-4 Elder Entity Norden, Whiptail Crow, and Ganbara Knight!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light]

Prescott: Arise, One-Eyed Skill Gainer!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 4
ATK: 2,500]

Prescott: There are lots of advantages to having monsters that are summoned with negative side-effects, such as using them for an Xyz-summon. Now, I'll have my Skill Gainer attack your beast!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer charges at Gren Maju Da Eiza]

Soprano: Activate Trap: [reveals face-down] No Entry!! All monsters switch into defense mode!

[The attack is stopped; all monsters switch into defense mode]

Prescott: Lucky move, Soprano, but I'll get you next turn. [sets his last two cards] I'd activate Adreus' effect and destroy one face-up card you control, but your one face-up card has no points, so why bother?

Soprano: [draws] I draw! [looks at what he just drew] Perfect! [places the card] I activate Pot of Desires! [banishes the top 10 cards of his deck] I banish the top 10 cards of my deck face-down, then draw two more cards. [draws two cards] And here's Gren Maju Da Eiza's special ability. It gains 400 attack and defense points for each of our banished cards.

[GREN MAJU DA EIZA:
ATK: 4,000]

Soprano: There's more. [places another card] I activate Polymerization! I fuse two monsters in my hand: Cave Dragon and Lesser Fiend.

[Said two monsters appear and fuse together]

Soprano: I Fusion-summon Fiend Skull Dragon!

[Fiend Skull Dragon appears and roars]

Soprano: [places another card] Next, I activate my own copy of Instant Fusion! By paying 1,000 life points, I special-summon this Fusion monster from my Extra Deck: Giltia the Dark Knight!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,850]

Soprano: Now, I build the Overlay Network with my two level-5 Fusion monsters!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Soprano: Your Adreus is just the Dark Keeper. Meet the Light Keeper: Tiras, Keeper of Genesis!

[Said monster appears]

[RANK: 5

Soprano: Now, to replenish our hands. [places another card] I activate Card of Sanctity! You know what to do.

[He and Prescott each draw six cards]

Soprano: [places another card] Now, I activate One for One! [discards a card] By sending a monster from my hand to the graveyard, I special-summon a level-1 monster from my hand or deck. Out with Serpent Night Dragon, in with Unknown Synchron!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 1

Prescott: Giving up a strong monster for that weakling?

Soprano: There's more. [places another card] I activate Return of the Dragon Lords! This card lets me special-summon a level-7 or 8 Dragon-type monster from my graveyard. Serpent Night Dragon, return to the field!

[Serpent Night Dragon appears]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,350]

Soprano: Now, Unknown Synchron and Serpent Night Dragon, it's tuning time!

[Said monsters tune together]

Soprano: I Synchro-summon Crimson Blader!

[Crimson Blader appears]

[LV: 8
ATK: 2,800]

Prescott: Are you done?

Soprano: Not even close. Next comes my normal-summon. [places a card] Blackland Fire Dragon!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,500]

Soprano: [places another card] By summoning a level-4 monster, I can special-summon Kagetokage from my hand!

[Kagetokage appears]

ATK: 1,100]

Soprano: Time to overlay these two beasts!

[Kagetokage and Blackland Fire Dragon convert to streaks of light]

Soprano: I Xyz-summon Gem-Knight Pearl!

[Gem-Knight Pearl appears]

[RANK: 4

Soprano: This duel is over for you, Prescott! Tiras, attack One-Eyed Skill Gainer!

[Tiras charges at One-Eyed Skill Gainer]

Prescott: [reveals face-down] I activate Waboku!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer is not destroyed]

Prescott: All my monsters are safe, and out goes all battle damage this turn.

Soprano: I end my battle phase, and out also goes your Adreus!

[Tiras fires a blast from his sword at Adreus, destroying it]

Soprano: If Tiras attacks, at the end of the battle phase, he destroys one card you control.

Prescott: Destroying one of my monsters won't save you, Soprano.

Soprano: We'll see. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn by removing one of Tiras' Overlay Units.

[Tiras absorbs an Overlay Unit]

Soprano: Your move.

Prescott: Finally. [draws] I draw! [reveals face-down] Activate face-down: Xyz Reborn! Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon, rise up once more!

[Adreus reappears]

Prescott: Now, Adreus shall use its one Overlay Unit to destroy Gren Maju Da Eiza!

[Adreus does so, firing a blast at Gren Maju Da Eiza, destroying it]

Prescott: Now, I activate One-Eyed Skill Gainer's effect. By using one Overlay Unit, he can take the effects of one of your Xyz monsters as his own! Skill Gainer, copy Tiras!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer absorbs an Overlay Unit and copies Tiras' effect]

Prescott: Oh, and one more thing. Thanks to your replenishing my hand, you're about to take a serious blow. [places another card] I activate Raigeki! This card destroys all your monsters!

[All of Soprano's monsters are destroyed, except Tiras]

Soprano: I guess I forgot to mention that Tiras can't be destroyed by card effects while he has Overlay Units.

Prescott: Not gonna bother me. [places another card] I activate Tuning! [takes a card from his deck, shuffles, then sends the top card of his deck to his graveyard] I add a Synchron Tuner monster from my deck to my hand, then send the top card of my deck to my graveyard. [reveals said card] I choose my own Unknown Synchron. Now, I activate the Spell: [places another card] Monster Reborn! I special-summon Serpent Night Dragon back from your graveyard!

[Serpent Night Dragon appears]

Prescott: [places another card] Now, I normal-summon Unknown Synchron!

[Unknown Synchron appears]

Soprano: Are you copying me?

Prescott: Nah, everyone with a knack for Synchros has this card. Now, I tune my level-1 Unknown Synchron to level-7 Serpent Night Dragon!

[Said two monsters tune together]

Prescott: I Synchro-summon Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons!

[Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons appears]

ATK: 3,000]

Soprano: The same monster you used in your first duel against Alvin. Well, I'm not impressed. And I'm fully aware of its ability to gain attack points each time you take damage.

Prescott: You must also know that Beelze can't be destroyed in battle or by card effects.

Soprano: I do. But I also know that Alvin exploited your dragon's weakness during that last duel.

Prescott: I underestimated him then. But I won't next time. [places another card] I activate Magnum Shield! This card adds One-Eyed Skill Gainer's defense points to his attack points.

[ONE-EYED SKILL GAINER:
ATK: 5,100]

Prescott: This duel is over for you, Soprano. Adreus, attack and destroy Tiras!

[Adreus charges at Tiras]

Prescott: Its sacrifice will be worth it.

Soprano: I doubt it. [reveals face-down] I activate the Trap: Half Unbreak! This card saves Tiras from being destroyed in battle this turn and cuts any battle damage I take in half!

[Tiras becomes encased in a bubble; Adreus tries to shatter it, but is destroyed]

Prescott: I may not destroy your monster, but damage will still be dealt. Beelze, attack!

[Beelze fires its attack at Tiras; Soprano gets blasted with half the damage]

[LP:
Soprano: 2,800 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 3,000 (Hand: 3)]

Prescott: Finally, One-Eyed Skill Gainer, attack!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer strikes Tiras w/his sword]

[LP:
Soprano: 1,550 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 3,000 (Hand: 3)]

Prescott: You would've lost had you not activated Half Unbreak. And it's too bad I can't use One-Eyed Skill Gainer's effect, since the only card you control can't be destroyed by card effects while it has an Overlay Unit. At least, it couldn't. [places another card] I activate the Quick-Play Spell: Space Cyclone, wiping out Tiras' last Overlay Unit!

[Tiras' last Overlay Unit vanishes]

Prescott: Now that his last Overlay Unit is gone, Tiras, Keeper of Genesis falls victim to his own effect. I end my battle phase and use One-Eyed Skill Gainer's effect to destroy Tiras!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer fires a blast from his sword at Tiras, destroying him]

Prescott: Look at you, Soprano. Despite the fact that you still have life points left, you don't have anymore cards in your hand or your field. [sets two cards] I set two cards, not that I'll need 'em. [places another card] Then I activate my own copy of Pot of Desires! [banishes the top 10 cards of his deck face-down, then draws two cards] You know exactly what it does. [places a card] Next, I activate Dragon Shrine! This card lets me send a Dragon-type monster from my deck to my graveyard. And if it's a normal monster, I can send another Dragon from my deck to the graveyard. [sends two cards from his deck to his graveyard] First goes Dragon Core Hexer. Second goes Koumori Dragon. [sets another card] Finally, I set this last card and end my turn.

Soprano: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Pot of Avarice! I shuffle five monsters back into my deck, then draw two cards. [takes five cards from his deck and shuffles them back into their respective decks] Tiras, Keeper of Genesis, Gren Maju Da Eiza, Gem Knight Pearl, Crimson Blader, and Fiend Skull Dragon go back into their appropriate decks, then I draw two more cards. [draws two cards] And what a pair of cards I've drawn. [places a card] I activate Heavy Storm! All Spells and Traps are destroyed!

[All Spell and Trap Cards are destroyed]

[ONE-EYED SKILL GAINER:
ATK: 2,500]

Prescott: Just so you know, my set cards were Induced Explosion, Rebound, and Quick Booster. By destroying Rebound with a card effect, you let me draw one new card. [draws a card] Plus, since you destroyed Quick Booster with a card effect, I get to add a Quick-Play Spell Card from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from his deck] I choose Double or Nothing.

Soprano: [places another card] Now, I activate Card of Demise! [draws three cards] I draw until I have three cards in my hand. In exchange, I can't special-summon any monsters this turn, you take no damage this turn, and I must discard any cards I have left in my hand at the end of this turn. [places another card] Now, I activate Dark Core! [discards a card] Bid farewell to One-Eyed Skill Gainer!

[One-Eyed Skill Gainer vanishes into thin air]

Prescott: You vaporized him!

Soprano: If it's any consolation, you're gonna join him soon. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Gianna: That's my dad. He never gives up.

R.J.: No way's he gonna lose this duel.

Argon: [in his mind] Win or lose, someone will suffer, and I know exactly who. [snickers]

[Family Court, 1:43pm]

[Alex and Raquel approach the bench and consult with Judge Johnson]

Raquel: Your Honor, my ex-husband and I worked out a detailed custody agreement. I'm very concerned about Gabby's well-being.

Alex: She never contested primary custody during our divorce proceedings.

Raquel: Because you assured me that you'd spend a requisite number of time with--

Alex: And, Your Honor, if I may add, she never saw it until I began prosecuting one of Miss Kline's clients.

Judge Johnson: Counselors, silence! Now, you're both working, right?

Raquel: I'm in private practice with three partners and 11 associates, sir. My schedule's flexible.

Judge Johnson: Mr. Garcia?

Alex: I quit my job at the DA's just before I came here. I'll be looking for one with shorter hours.

Raquel: Not the first empty promise he's made.

Alex: Gabriella has lived with me her entire life. Miss Kline is a weekend mother.

Judge Johnson: All I sense here is concern for the child. You two better work this out, otherwise, I can't guarantee that my final ruling will satisfy either one of you. We're adjourned. [bangs gavel]

Raquel: It's a shame you won't be in court, Alex. It's been a slice.

[Alex exits]

[Office of District Attorney Jack Flynn, 3:40pm]

[Flynn looks through a book of historic trials while taking a sip of his glass of cider; Watson paces back and forth]

Flynn: [closes his book; puts down his drink] You're making me dizzy, Derek. Sit down.

Watson: [sits down] Sorry, Jack. But we're clearly getting creamed. There are reporters digging up dirt on Marcello Vega's psychiatrist, making Kline's case for her.

Flynn: Scared of a little tabloid hack, or is it Kline?

Watson: She has a whole squad of associates racking up billable hours in just about every time zone in the country. Alex's replacement is hardly up to speed. Kline whispers "appeal", and Reid chokes on her gavel. Maybe we should've kept Meg Blaine.

Flynn: Offer Kline a plea. Two counts, murder-two, one count, conspiracy-two, concurrent sentences, 20 to life. I'll be happy.

Watson: I'm not ready to surrender to Vega's wallet. [sighs] But I really need help.

Flynn: Get in touch with Alex. He could use an extra babysitter.

[Watson shrugs, unable to argue]

Last edited by TVLubber (4/10/2018 9:54 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

11/27/2016 10:55 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 251: Prescott vs. Soprano

[Back at Soprano's base, the duel continues]

Prescott: My turn. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Swing of Memories! This card lets me special-summon a normal monster from my graveyard, but it's destroyed at the end of this turn. I special-summon Dragon Core Hexer!

[Dragon Core Hexer appears]

ATK: 2,300]

Prescott: But now, my friend, I give you the deadliest Synchro monster known to man! I tune my level-8 Tuner Dragon Core Hexer to my level-8 Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons!

[His monsters tune together]

Prescott: Witness the face of your demise! This dragon's power is unsurpassed! Rise from the Underworld, Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbaalkin!

[Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbaalkin appears and roars ferociously]

[LV: 0 (boosted to 12)

Soprano: All that for a monster with no attack points?

Prescott: There's much more to my Phantasmal Lord, Soprano. It gains 1,000 attack points for each monster on the field, including itself.

[PHANTASMAL LORD ULTIMITL BISHBAALKIN:
ATK: 1,000]

Prescott: Attack Soprano directly!

[Phantasmal Lord fires its attack at Soprano]

Soprano: I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Draining Shield! The attack is negated, and I gain life points equal to your monster's attack points!

[The attack is negated]

[LP:
Soprano: 2,500 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 3,000 (Hand: 2)]

Prescott: I'll let you off for now, but I promise, you won't last long. I enter main phase two and activate my Phantasmal Lord's special ability. During either of our main phases, I can special-summon an equal number of Utchatzimime Tokens to each side of the field in defense mode. I'll special-summon four on mine and four on yours!

[Four of said tokens appear on Prescott's field, and four on Soprano's]

DEF: 0]

Prescott: Eight more monsters means 8,000 more attack points for my Phantasmal Lord!

ATK: 9,000]

Prescott: Just try to destroy it now, Soprano. My turn is over.

Soprano: I won't let you win. [draws] I draw! [banishes a card from his graveyard; returns a card from his graveyard to his Extra Deck] Now, I banish Fusion Substitute from my graveyard to return Giltia the Dark Knight to my Extra Deck. [draws a card] Then I draw a new card. Next, I activate the Spell Card: [places another card] Polymerization! Since Tokens are treated as monsters, I can use two of my Utchatzimime Tokens as Fusion materials! I Fusion-summon...!

[Two of his tokens fuse together to form...]

Soprano: First of the Dragons in defense mode!

[LV: 9
DEF: 2,000]

Soprano: I owe you for giving me the Fusion materials I needed to bring this monster about. Since it can't be destroyed in battle against non-normal monsters and is unaffected by other monsters' effects, my life points are perfectly safe. Now I activate this: [places another card] Pot of Dichotomy! By shuffling Cave Dragon, Lesser Fiend, and Kagetokage from my graveyard to my deck, I get to draw two more cards. [draws two cards] Good thing my dragon's in defense mode, since I can't conduct my battle phase this turn. But I can do this: [places another card] Activate Token Thanksgiving! All tokens on the field are destroyed, and I gain 800 life points for each one!

[All tokens are destroyed]

[LP:
Soprano: 7,300 (Hand: 1)
Prescott: 3,000 (Hand: 2)]

Soprano: With all our tokens gone, your Phantasmal Lord loses 6,000 more attack points, leaving it with 2,000.

Soprano: Still think you can defeat me, Prescott? Try me. [sets his last card] Make your move.

Prescott: Hold on! Before you end your main phase 2, I activate my Phantasmal Lord's effect again! Utchatzimime Tokens, rise again!

[Four Utchatzimime Tokens appear on either side of the field]

Soprano: What?!

Prescott: I did say I'd use this effect during either player's turn, didn't I? Now that our field is full of monsters, my dragon is now up to 10,000 attack points!

ATK: 10,000]

Soprano: That's not gonna stop me! Now, go!

Prescott: [draws] With pleasure. [places the card he just drew] I activate Cup of Ace! [flips a coin] Heads: I draw two, tails: You do.

[The coin comes up heads]

Prescott: [draws two cards, then looks at them] Must be my lucky day. [places another card] I activate Lightning Vortex! This card destroys every face-up monster you control! [discards a card] Just gotta ditch this one card.

[All of Soprano's monsters get struck by lightning; the tokens are destroyed, but First of the Dragons is not]

ATK: 6,000]

Prescott: How did your dragon survive that blast?!

Soprano: Easy. I banished Return of the Dragon Lords from my graveyard. By doing so, it protects any and all Dragon-type monsters I control from being destroyed in battle or by a card effect.

Prescott: Lucky move. [places another card] But now I activate this: Offerings to the Doomed! This card destroys your dragon!

[First of the Dragons is destroyed]

ATK: 5,000]

Prescott: So what if my dragon has only 5,000 attack points now? It can still deal a lot of damage! Phantasmal Lord, attack him directly!

[Phantasmal Lord fires its attack at Soprano]

Soprano: I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] King's Consonance! This card negates your attack, then lets me banish a Tuner monster and any number of non-Tuners from my graveyard to perform a Synchro-summon of a level-8 or lower monster!

[The attack is negated]

Soprano: [banishes two cards from his graveyard] I banish Unknown Synchron and Giltia the Dark Knight from my graveyard! Now, rise up, Orient Dragon!

[Orient Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,300]

Soprano: And feast your eyes on its special ability! When this monster is Synchro-summoned, I can banish one Synchro monster you control!

[Orient Dragon fires a blast at Phantasmal Lord, vaporizing it]

Prescott: My Phantasmal Lord! NO! [growls] You'll pay for this, Soprano! [sets his last card] Big-time!

Soprano: [draws] I draw! [sets the card he just drew] I set this card. Orient Dragon, attack one of Prescott's tokens!

[Orient Dragon fires its attack at one of the tokens, destroying it]

Soprano: That ends my turn.

Prescott: [growls] You'll regret ever destroying one of my best monsters! [draws] I draw! [places the card] I summon Necroface!

[Necroface appears]

ATK: 1,200]

Prescott: This monster sends all banished cards back to their owners' appropriate decks when it's summoned!

[All banished cards return to their appropriate decks]

Prescott: And that's not all. Necroface gains 100 attack points for each card returned to the main deck by its effect. Since 24 banished cards were shuffled into the main deck, it gains 2,400 attack points.

[NECROFACE:
ATK: 3,600]

Prescott: Necroface, wipe Orient Dragon off the face of the Earth!

[Necroface fires its tentacles at Orient Dragon]

Soprano: Your monster is going down! [reveals face-down] I activate Quaking Mirror Force!

[The ground rumbles; Necroface is flipped face-down]

Soprano: When one of your monsters declares an attack, this card flips all your monsters in attack mode into face-down defense mode, and they can't change their battle positions.

Prescott: Bought yourself yet another turn. But you forget, thanks to Necroface, my Phantasmal Lord is back in my Extra Deck. It's only a matter of time before I get the chance to summon it again. Of course, I have something stronger waiting in the wings. Go ahead. Make your next move.

Soprano: [draws] I draw! Orient Dragon, attack one of his remaining tokens!

[Orient Dragon fires a blast at a token, destroying it]

Soprano: [sets a card] I set one more card and end my turn.

Prescott: [draws] I draw! I activate the Spell: [places another card] The Beginning of the End! Since I have at least seven Dark monsters in my graveyard, I'll banish five of them to draw three cards. [banishes five cards from his graveyard, then draws three cards] I banish Unknown Synchron, Dragon Core Hexer, Grand Tiki Elder, Whiptail Crow, and Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon, then draw three cards. [places another card] Now, I activate Dark Hole! This card destroys all monsters on the field!

[All monsters get sucked into a vortex and are destroyed]

Soprano: You may have destroyed my monster, but you've also wasted your defenses.

Prescott: Oh, it's worth it. [banishes a card from his graveyard] 'Cause now I banish Induced Explosion from my graveyard to activate its effect! By banishing this card from my graveyard if a card I control is destroyed by a Spell effect, I can destroy a card you control. I'll destroy your set card.

[Soprano's set card (Magic Cylinder) is destroyed]

Prescott: [sets a monster] Make your move.

Soprano: [draws] I draw! [places the card he just drew] I summon Twin-Sword Marauder!

[Twin-Sword Marauder appears]

ATK: 1,600]

Soprano: This monster will seal your doom, because he can inflict piercing damage when he battles a monster in defense mode, and if he successfully attacks one, he can attack again. Twin-Sword Marauder, attack his set monster!

[Twin-Sword Marauder strikes Prescott's set monster, revealing it to be Magical Merchant]

DEF: 700]

Prescott: You've flipped Magical Merchant! Now I excavate cards on top of my deck until I reveal a Spell or Trap Card, which I can add to my hand. The other excavated cards go to my graveyard. [excavates cards one by one] The Despair Uranus. Dystopia the Despondent. Bacon Saver. Dark Fusion. [growls; takes the latter card; sends the others to his graveyard] Okay, bye-bye, Magical Merchant.

[Magical Merchant is destroyed; Prescott gets struck with damage]

[LP:
Soprano: 7,300 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 2,100 (Hand: 1)]

Soprano: Now, for my Twin-Sword Marauder's second attack!

[Twin-Sword Marauder strikes Prescott directly]

[LP:
Soprano: 7,300 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 500 (Hand: 1)]

Soprano: It's over. Nothing you can do will defeat me. Using Dark Fusion won't help, since you don't have any monsters on your field and that's the only card in your hand. I end my turn, but very soon, I'll end you.

Prescott: Very well. [draws] I draw! [looks at what he just drew; turns to Soprano] Well, Soprano, it's true that I can't use Dark Fusion. But I can use this! [places another card] Dark Calling! This card lets me Fusion-summon a monster that can normally only be Fusion-summoned with Dark Fusion by banishing the needed Fusion materials from my graveyard. I banish Dystopia the Despondent and The Despair Uranus from my graveyard!

[Said monsters appear and fuse together]

Prescott: An earthbound demon rises to send
my greatest enemies to their end!

I Fusion-summon... EVIL HERO DARK GAIA!

[Evil Hero Dark Gaia appears]

ATK: ?]

R.J.: Evil Hero?!

Gianna: No way!

Prescott: This malicious monster gains the combined original attack points of the Fusion material monsters used for the Fusion-summon. Dystopia the Despondent had 5,000 attack points, and the Despair Uranus had 2,800. That gives Dark Gaia a total of 7,800 attack points!

[EVIL HERO DARK GAIA:
ATK: 7,800]

Soprano: It may have enough to destroy my monster, but not enough to wipe me out! But go ahead and attack. I don't have any set cards.

Prescott: Gladly. Dark Gaia, attack Twin-Sword Marauder!

[Dark Gaia fires a blast at Twin-Sword Marauder]

Prescott: [banishes a card from his graveyard] I banish Bacon Saver from my graveyard to negate the attack!

[Bacon Saver appears and intercepts the attack, then vanishes]

Soprano: You made a big mistake negating your own attack, Prescott.

Prescott: Au contraire, my friend. Have you forgotten about my face-down card? [reveals face-down] I activate Double or Nothing!

[Soprano, R.J., and Gianna gasp]

Prescott: Not only does this card let Dark Gaia attack again, but during damage calculation, its attack points double!

Soprano: This is impossible!

Prescott: Now you've lost! Dark Gaia, take down Soprano's last monster and the last of his life points! Dark Catastrophe!

[ATK: 15,600]

[Dark Gaia fires its attack at Twin-Sword Marauder, destroying him; Soprano screams as he gets struck with massive damage, then hits the ground]

[LP:
Soprano: 0 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 500 (Hand: 1)]

R.J. and Gianna: Dad!

[Dark Gaia vanishes; Prescott snickers]

Prescott: Show me the next card you would've drawn.

[Soprano reveals the top card of his deck: Just Desserts]

Prescott: Ah. If I hadn't used Bacon Saver's effect, I would've lost. Just Desserts would have dealt me 500 points of damage for each monster I control. I only had 500 life points left, so you would have won. But too bad. Now, the four of you are workin' for me.

Soprano: I doubt that. R.J., Gianna, attack him at once!

R.J.: Gotcha! Vulcan!

Gianna: Flash!

R.J. and Gianna: Venom threads!

[Vulcan and Flash fire venomous webs at Prescott; suddenly, familiar red lightning bolts blast the webs to nothingness]

R.J.: What?! How can that be?!

Gianna: Prescott was defenseless!

Prescott: Don't look at me. I came alone.

Soprano: Only Argon could use those lightning bolts. Argon, how dare you repel your masters' attacks!

Argon: [floats toward Prescott] I was only trying to protect my master.

Soprano: Argon, I'm fine.

Prescott: Actually, Soprano, Argon was talking about me.

R.J.: Argon, how could you?!

Gianna: We thought you were our friend!

Argon: We were never friends.

[He has a flashback that goes as follows]

Argon: After Seymour Wellsworth's execution, Master Prescott summoned me from the Underworld to gain the trust of anyone who planned on destroying ACME Crime Net. I met Paul Buono, a friend of Alto Rizzoli. He recommended I work for his boss, who wanted revenge on ACME for killing his wife. And remember when I attacked the Outer World and abducted numerous inhabitants?

[Cut back to the present]

Prescott: I organized it to spite the Spider Riders he kept telling me about behind your backs.

R.J.: And his hunt for the Xenon Crystal?

Argon: Oh, that was all me. Prescott wanted the crystal for himself, but I wanted it to destroy the Inner World and the Oracle first. Sadly, my enemy took it away from me, and I can never get it back.

Prescott: And now that Alto's gone and the three of you are out of options, you can work for me.

Soprano: Not on your life! Mutant Riders, destroy them both!

R.J. and Gianna: Roger!

[They and their Mutant Spiders charge at Prescott and Argon]

Argon: I gave you those Mutant Spiders. I can take them away!

[He fires black magic from his third eye at the Mutant Spiders, blasting them into nothingness; R.J. and Gianna hit the ground]

R.J.: Vulcan!

Gianna: Flash!

[Prescott kicks the two Mutant Riders, then crunches their Mutant Manacles to pieces w/his feet; R.J. and Gianna revert to normal]

Prescott: You're weak, just like R.J.'s mother.

Soprano: How dare you lay your hands on my daughter and her husband, you bastard!

[He charges at Prescott in a fit of rage and whips out his gun; Prescott whips out his gun; both pull the trigger; fade to black]

[BANG!]

[A loud thud is heard]

[Fade out of black; Soprano lies dead on the ground; Prescott snickers]

Gianna: DAD!

R.J.: No! How did you survive?!

Prescott: [puts his gun back in his pocket] Cops use these all the time. [reveals a bulletproof vest under his jacket, where Soprano's bullet hit] Easy as pie.

R.J.: Bastard! You killed my father-in-law!

[He charges at Prescott, but Argon blasts him back to Gianna with red lightning from his third eye; R.J. hits the ground]

Gianna: You're a disgusting old man!

[She kicks Prescott to the ground hard, then runs up to the control panel and pushes the self-destruct button]

Computer: Self-destruct in 60 seconds and counting.

Gianna: In less than a minute, this base will be blown to the ground, taking you with it!

Argon: Haven't you forgotten about me?

[He unleashes tentacles from behind his head and pins Gianna and R.J. tightly to the ground with them; he unhooks himself from the tentacles, then, with his third eye, attaches them to the electrifying control panel]

Argon: Without your armor, escape is impossible.

Prescott: Pleasure doin' business with you, but I think it's time we blew this joint. Argon, teleport us back to my base immediately.

Argon: With pleasure, sir.

[He and Prescott transport out; unknown to anyone, two spies in sunglasses, scarves, and trench coats sneak out of the base and run down a sewer system; they climb up a ladder and through an open manhole]

[Cut back to the base; parts of the base start falling apart; what little is left of the tritium plant is destroyed; the helpless R.J. and Gianna reach out for each other]

R.J.: Gianna...

Gianna: R.J....

[They hold hands]

R.J.: [in his mind] ACME Crime Net, our time may be up, but do us a favor and take down Prescott, for my entire family.

Prescott: [voiceover] Alto Rizzoli's legacy ends here. Farewell.

Computer: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,...

[The base engulfs in a massive explosion]

[Back outside, just as the spies finish covering up the manhole and screw the cover to seal it, the ground rumbles; after a few seconds, the ground stabilizes; the spies remove their scarves and sunglasses, revealing them to be Charlotte and Julie]

Julie: We're just gonna leave them there to die like that?

Charlotte: There was nothing we could do. If we'd stayed behind and tried to save them, we'd have all been killed.

Julie: Anyway, did you get everything?

[Charlotte extracts her iPod Touch from her pocket and finds that it's still recording]

Charlotte: [stops the recording] Let's see.

[She runs the video back to the beginning of the video; it starts at the beginning of Prescott's explanation of what he did to Rhonda; she then fast-forwards it to Prescott and Soprano shooting at each other]

Charlotte: The whole thing.

Julie: And they didn't even notice us. We gotta get this to the DA's office, pronto.

[Apartment of Alejandro Garcia, 5:33pm]

[Alex opens the door, revealing Watson]

Alex: Derek?

Watson: Thought you'd need an extra pair of hands in the babysitting tonight.

Alex: Well, since my brother-in-law's out for the night, come on in.

[Watson enters; they walk up to Alex's four-year-old daughter Gabby in the living room]

Gabby: Daddy, who's your friend?

Alex: Gabby, while Uncle Elias is away, I'd like you to meet a friend of mine who's gonna help me look after you. This is Derek. We work together. Or at least, we used to. Derek, Gabby.

Gabby: [shakes hands with Derek] Hi, Derek.

Watson: Nice to meet you, Gabby.

Gabby: Daddy and I were just about to watch my new Blu-Ray. Wanna watch it?

Watson: What'cha got?

Gabby: Finding Dory.

Watson: Oh, I love that movie. I'd be glad to.

Gabby: Great. I'll go get the disc from my room. Be right back. [walks upstairs]

[Watson and Alex take a seat on the sofa]

Alex: I'm sure Jack didn't drag you in here just to watch a movie with us.

Watson: Well, the main reason I came here in the first place--

Alex: Listen, we've been over this.

Watson: You know Raquel Kline better than I do. Better than anyone I know. She's doin' everything you abhor to succeed and getting away with it on account of the fact that she scammed you.

Alex: I'm scared that if I look away for even half a minute, she'll take Gabby.

Watson: Remember our first case together? You believed in monsters that hide under one's bed at night, goblins, and ghosts, and that people like them should burn in Hell along with their attorneys. Marcello Vega is a monster, just like his boss. Without you, I can't send him to Hell.

[Alex thinks for a moment]

[Supreme Court, Trial Part 38, Saturday, November 26th, 11:21am]

[Vega testifies on the witness stand]

Vega: Before Annie was killed, I'd been drinking. I'd just quit my job. I wanted to go see Annie. Then my psychiatrist said he'd come along.

Raquel: And what happened when you two got to her apartment?

Vega: Annie yelled, and I grew tired. Next thing I knew, I woke up on her bed at around 2:00am.

Raquel: Was your shrink still there?

Vega: Yeah, and so was Annie. She had a big gash in her head. It was a bad gunshot wound. She wasn't moving, and Dr. Mortens told me I'd done it.

Raquel: And you believed him.

Vega: Yes. Then I panicked. I didn't wanna get caught. Mortens told me that if I got rid of her body, cut it up, I'd be safe, 'cause people would think a lunatic did it. He told me exactly what to do, where to dispose of her body, her clothes, her rings, the works. In the car, while I looked at Annie's ring-- The one I gave her when we first met, I was so shocked at what I'd done, I couldn't believe it. I still loved her.

Raquel: Counselor, your witness. [takes her seat]

[Alex walks up to Vega]

Alex: Sir, your grief might be more convincing if you hadn't just admitted you dismembered your ex-girlfriend. [raises a warning finger to Raquel] Withdrawn. Mr. Vega, how long did it take you to cut Annie up?

Vega: I was in a daze. It was a blur.

Alex: [holds up an old dagger] People's 4, Your Honor. The dagger used to dismember the victim's body after she was shot to death. [hands the dagger to Vega] Please show us how you held this dagger.

[Vega grabs it and shows exactly how he held it the night he buried Annie]

Vega: Like I said, I was terribly drunk outta my mind. I'd just been told I'd killed my girl.

Alex: Did Miss Kline warn you that Mr. Watson or I would put one of the murder weapons in your hand? It's a common, yet very old prosecutor's ploy.

Raquel: Objection! Relevance.

Judge Reid: I'll allow it. Mr. Vega?

Vega: Yes.

Alex: During one of your preparation sessions for today's testimony? Maybe while you were watching a recording of yourself practicing your story?

Vega: Well, yeah.

Alex: Was that when you rehearsed maintaining eye contact with the jury? Miss Kline told you to do that, didn't she?

Vega: Yes.

Alex: Did she also tell you suddenly remember this alleged argument between your ex-girlfriend and Dr. Mortens?

Vega: No. That memory never escapes me.

Alex: You just never thought it was material?

Vega: Well, I didn't know everything back then.

Alex: But now Miss Kline has filled you in?

Vega: I know better than to perjure myself.

Alex: Then let's put it another way. The dagger-- Please show us how you butchered your ex-girlfriend after you shot her to death.

[He stands back; Vega grips his dagger]

Alex: With one or two hands?

Vega: [grips the dagger with both hands] Both.

Alex: How many times did you slice Annie's neck?

Vega: It was a blur.

Alex: The ME testified that there were three blows to the neck. Did you do that?

Vega: It's possible.

Alex: You were angry, weren't you?

Vega: What do you mean, Mr. Garcia?

Alex: The ME testified that you struck her with such force, you cleanly beheaded her. You did the same to her hands and feet. You were in a fit of rage.

Vega: No.

Alex: And you had plenty to be angry at her for, didn't you? She was the one that cost you your job.

Vega: I was a real estate agent. I was about to close a deal with a family that just moved in from Montpelier. It's not that big a deal.

Alex: A well-off family?

Raquel: Relevance.

Judge Reid: Again, I'm allowing it.

Vega: Yes, but--

Alex: How much were the family offering you to close the deal?

Vega: $3,000,000. The biggest offer I'd ever gotten in my 10-year career. Never once had gotten seven digits.

Alex: But what happened?

Vega: Annie called and said she'd been picked up by the police for filing a false police report. She thought she'd been attacked, but she had no injuries, and no one else got to her home. She paid the fine and waited for me to pick her up at the police station. It was urgent. By the time I got to the police station, one of my rival agents had already closed a $4,000,000 deal with the family from Montpelier.

Alex: So, Annie was keeping you from being rich, wasn't she?

Vega: If it hadn't been for her, I would never have gone to Prescott Vorstein, and that vengeful bastard Alto would still be alive. [jumps out of his seat and raises his dagger] That vindictive freakin' bitch!

[Everyone in the gallery stares at him; Vega looks on, then sits back down and facepalms]

Alex: Nothing further, Your Honor.

[Later, Reid is given a notice]

Judge Reid: Has the jury reached a verdict?

Foreperson: We have, Your Honor.

Judge Reid: On the charge of kidnapping in the first degree, how do you find?

Foreperson: Guilty.

Judge Reid: On the charge of conspiracy in the first degree, how do you find?

Judge Reid: On all 11 charges of attempted murder in the first degree, how do you find?

Foreperson: Guilty on all 11.

Judge Reid: On the charge of murder in the first degree in the death of Alto Rizzoli, how do you find?

Judge Reid: And on the charge of murder in the first degree in the death of Annika Nomaks, how do you find?

Foreperson: We, the jury, find the defendant, Marcello Vega, guilty.

[Vega sits back down in a slump]

Judge Reid: The defendant remains remanded until sentencing.

[Cut to the hallway with Alex and Raquel]

Raquel: You beat me. [sighs] Never thought the jury would see past what Alto did to ACME Crime Net.

Alex: Wouldn't have mattered. Alto was just as much of a victim as Annie Nomaks was.

Raquel: [hands Alex an envelope] Anyway, I'm ready to concede at Family Court, too. A letter to Judge Johnson, withdrawing my custody motion.

Alex: [extracts the letter from the envelope] You signed it? Why?

Raquel: Well, I got a better offer in New Jersey just last night. The Newark DA wants me to be his new felony ADA. High time I got the chance to experience your job. Sad thing is, I'm gonna have a lot less time to spend with Gabby.

Alex: You'll come over for Christmas, right?

Raquel: Right in the letter. Send that over to Johnson, and custody is all yours.

Alex: Thanks, Raquel.

[They shake hands; his iPhone chimes]

Alex: Hold on. [extracts his phone; text from Charlotte: "Flynn's office, PDQ!"] PDQ? [exits]

[Office of District Attorney Jack Flynn, 12:21pm]

[Alex, Watson, Charlotte, and Julie are gathered with Flynn]

Alex: Soprano's dead?

Charlotte: R.J. and Gianna, too. That creepy-looking head guy Argon turned on them and helped Prescott kill them.

Watson: Well, the way I see it, a few less criminal masterminds to deal with.

Julie: [plays the video from the beginning on her Macbook] Actually, Mr. Watson, there's something you gotta see.

Prescott: [in video] Before I joined the Vorstein crime syndicate, I was Rhonda Rizzoli's aerobics instructor. Back then, to cover up my connection to the Vorsteins, I went under the alias: Drake Proctor. Before she became the serial killer everyone but Alto grew to hate, Rhonda was one of my top students. However, I wanted to start a relationship with her, because my one true love before died in a car crash. But Rhonda just treated me like any aerobics instructor, not like a lover. That's when I snapped and forced her into the bathroom after everyone else left, then had my way with her. She was screaming her head off. But after half an hour, she kicked me in the face, then ran away.

Flynn: Stop the video.

[Julie stops the video]

Flynn: Rhonda Rizzoli never told the police she was raped.

Charlotte: But she was so out of her mind with rage that ACME and ESU had to use deadly force to stop her from committing another murder. No way was she ever gonna confess.

Julie: Prescott raping Rhonda caused a deadly chain reaction. If he hadn't raped her, Rhonda would never have become a cold-blooded serial killer that ACME and ESU killed. If that hadn't happened, Alto would never have sought revenge against ACME, and if it weren't for that, he and his daughter Mavis would still be alive.

Charlotte: Better yet, all of Alto's group would still be, but they wouldn't be a criminal organization. They'd just be a big, happy family.

Alex: If that's the case, we're talking about an absolute monster.

Charlotte: Exactly. He showed no iota of remorse for the people Rhonda killed, nor for any of Alto's actions caused by her death.

Julie: Not even Alto or Mavis' deaths.

Flynn: I am not gonna stand idly by and let that bastard get away. I don't care if you have to exhume Thomas E. Dewey to help you. Whatever you have to do, I want Prescott Vorstein off the streets for good.

[The others nod]

[FINAL NOTE:
Marcello Vega is serving two consecutive life sentences in Attica Correctional Facility.
Raquel Kline's custody motion against Alejandro Garcia was withdrawn.
Prescott Vorstein remains at large.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Serena: I'm putting in my papers, Greg.

Clemont: Same for Bonnie and me.

Alvin: You guys-- You can't go.

Prescott: Look at you guys. All those years in prison, and you still got your skills in Pokémon training.

Ghetsis: You've yet to see Hoopa's full potential!

Ash: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Prison Riot Pt. 1.

Serena: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Pikachu: Pika-Pika, Pikachu!

Last edited by TVLubber (1/23/2023 4:02 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera