ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2017 9:50 pm  #1

Side-Fic 255: Alvin and the Magician Girls Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Dark Magician Girl: It's about that time again. For your safety, leave the lights on in your room, and don't sit too close to the screen.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, Tuesday, February 28th, 6:43am]

[Alvin is sound asleep with Sora; he falls into a dream; in the dream, Alvin hears distant female voices crying for help]

Alvin: Who's there? Where are you?

[A gourd appears before him]

Alvin: A gourd? What's that thing doing here?

Voices: [coming from the gourd] We're in here! Let us out!

Alvin: [runs up to the gourd] I'm coming!

[The gourd suddenly vanishes; Prescott appears before him, holding the gourd]

Prescott: You'll never rescue the prisoners, Alvin. They're mine.

Alvin: Prescott!

[He gets suited up into Super Spider Rider form, then charges at Prescott, but a pair of Demonitron block his path]

Prescott: I intend to harness the power of these prisoners for myself and destroy you. Then I'll finish what my uncle started and plunge this planet into darkness.

Alvin: I'm not afraid of you, Prescott! I don't care what you do to me! I'll save those prisoners, whoever they are, wherever they are! Do you hear me?!

[Prescott snickers and vanishes, taking his Demonitron with him]

Voices: Help us!

Alvin: I won't give up! Never!

[Cut back to reality; Alvin tosses and turns; Sora wakes up]

Alvin: Prescott, you're not gonna get away with this. Let the prisoners go!

Sora: [taps Alvin on the shoulder] Alvin, wake up.

Alvin: [wakes up] Let them go! [notices Sora] Sora?

Sora: Are you okay? You were tossing and turning.

Alvin: I just had a nightmare. I heard voices coming from an old gourd and Prescott got in my way. I couldn't stop him.

Sora: [puts her arm around Alvin] There, now. You were only dreaming. It's okay.

Alvin: But it felt more like an omen. Maybe Prescott really does have prisoners.

Sora: Too bad we can't read his mind. But I'm sure if he does have prisoners, we'll save them.

Alvin: Yeah. Sorry I woke you in the middle of the night, Sora.

Sora: It's okay, Alvin. That nightmare made you do it. [looks out the window behind the curtain] Tell you what, the sun's almost up, so you don't have to go back to sleep.

Alvin: Okay.

[Layla enters the room]

Layla: Good morning, you two. You're up pretty early.

Sora: Good morning, Layla.

Alvin: Morning.

Layla: Did one of you just have a bad dream?

Alvin: I did. You wouldn't believe it.

[At Prescott's base, Prescott's henchmen have breakfast]

Savage: Baked snake. [eats a baked snake whole] Yummy! Hey, waiter, bring me another one!

[One of the Demonitron brings him another baked snake; Savage coils it up]

Owen: [eats eggs on English muffins] Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your food, Savage?

Savage: Leave my mother out of this, Owen. Besides, these snakes taste a lot better when all coiled up.

Rawlings: Gross me out.

Owen: So, what's Prescott got up his sleeve against ACME this time?

Savage: He hired this magician on the run for murder to guard Belvedere Castle in Central Park. That's where Prescott's hidden the gourd where he kept five prisoners from the Duel Monsters Spirit World.

Gelman: What would he want with Duel Monsters' spirits?

Savage: Harness their powers. What do you think I am, stupid?!

Owen: Don't you sass Gelman that way, Savage. Need I remind you that I'm second-in-command here? When Prescott isn't around, I give the orders.

Savage: You forget, I'm his top demon. Once you're gone, I'll take over as Master Prescott's right-hand man.

Rawlings: Top demon? He's focused a lot less on you ever since Argon started working with us. Plus, you rarely ever fight. Aside from that, all you ever do is sell robots of mass destruction.

Savage: Argon is no different than I am when it comes to combat.

Rawlings: If Prescott thought you were essential to his plan, he'd have given you your own Demon Gear.

Gelman: Come on. The Demon Gear only works on humans. Besides, Savage is too powerful. If he were equipped with a unit, he'd be dead before he even got a chance to lay a finger on ACME.

Savage: Why would I need one, anyway? As top demon, I'm virtually unstoppable!

Owen: [sighs; slams on the table] Shut up! All of you! We don't want to arouse the boss' suspicions yet. If he catches us arguing like this, he'll kill us all, just like he killed one of his Demon Gear users. And he doesn't even care. And speaking of which, we have to be prepared for when our respective turns come. We cannot overuse our own Demon Gear units. If we use up a lot of power and still don't succeed, we must fall back and take time to recharge. Except for you, Mr. Gelman. At your age, it could be too dangerous.

Gelman: I never planned on using one, anyway. The only thing I can actually do against ACME is duel.

Savage: And speaking of dueling, this wanted magician is a skilled duelist. She specializes in the Dark Magician archetype.

Owen: Yugi Muto, eat your heart out.

Savage: However, her Dark Magicians are far different from Yugi's.

Robertson: The Dark Magician Yugi owns wears a violet outfit, but this duelist controls one that wears red. Bizarre, huh?

Rawlings: Sweet.

Savage: Like one of the Rare Hunters Yugi beat in Battle City.

Gelman: Only one duelist in ACME other than Yugi has a card in his deck to counteract this murderous magician's deck. But God knows whether or not he'll be the one to even enter the cave.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 9:21am]

[Greg shows a profile on a woman (played by Laura Bell Bundy) on the monitor]

Greg: Katherine Grant, alias Katherine the Grand, 44 years old, renowned illusionist and magician. She's like the female Harry Houdini. She's done a lot of escape acts.

Alvin: But why does she have a rap sheet here?

Greg: She's had seven arrests over the past 12 years, but only one conviction-- Her first arrest, for obscenity. She had also been charged at that time with manslaughter.

Simon: What happened?

Greg: In her early years of magic, she went by the name ThunderKat. 12 years ago, ThunderKat was performing a metamorphosis act with her assistant Brian Mertz at a children's hospital. But after she stuffed Brian into a bag and into the trunk, he had a heart attack and died.

Theodore: She killed her own assistant?

Greg: No, Theodore. The manslaughter charge was dropped immediately during arraignment. It was determined that he had a history of heart problems and completely ignored them. He chose to perform 'cause he needed the money, and Katherine never knew about any health problems in his system. Nevertheless, the children at the hospital were so frightened at the death of a magician's assistant that the DA charged her with obscenity in the third degree. She was convicted and served a year on probation. But since then, everyone called her Killer Kat. She stopped performing, but after three years, she found it was in her blood, so she went back into business under the name we know her now: Katherine the Grand.

Sora: Why are you showing this now, Captain?

Greg: Because there's an all-points bulletin out for Katherine. Just last night, she was performing at Lincoln Center. All seemed fine until her closing illusion went awry.

Alvin: What, she cut someone in half and actually killed him?

Greg: No, she didn't. She attempted a cremation trick.

Layla: You mean she burned someone alive?

Greg: I'm not one to expose a magician's secrets, but in a case like this, I don't have a choice. After she secretly got out of the incinerator, the horror began. Now, there was supposed to be a phony skeleton in a secret compartment in the lid, but before the show began, Katherine had already stuffed and shackled the victim into the lid. Once she was out of the incenerator, she secretly pulled a lever, dropping the victim into the line of fire with no hope of escape. Then came the automatic flames, and...

Alvin: The victim was burned and rushed to a hospital?

Greg: Yep. He had critical burns all over. By the time the paramedics arrived, the guy was DOA, and Katherine was already gone.

May: Oh, my God!

Greg: Magicians and their assistants have had cases like this before, but most of them were freakishly accidental.

Sarah: I've heard of a Sword Basket illusion the Pendragons performed back in the 90s in Atlantic City. This one was fire-themed. Bear in mind, this was over a decade before the original couple split up. Charlotte Pendragon wound up with severe burns when her then-husband Jonathan impaled the basket in which she hid with flaming sticks.

Anna: Speaking of the Pendragons, I heard about a decade ago that Jonathan suffered an accident that almost killed him. An arrow struck him through the heart when he was preparing for an illusion.

Marion: Eesh. But Katherine the Grand's act last night was probably no accident, was it?

Greg: Nope. And she has motive. The victim's name is Syndey Roache. He was a businessman, head of the Roache Foundation and owner of Roache Hotels. All of Katherine's shows were sponsored by the foundation.

Ken: So did the foundation withdraw their funding?

Greg: Yep. Just yesterday morning. Katherine invited Roache to watch last night's show from backstage, but just as they were getting ready for the final act, her assistants locked him in the incinerator lid so she'd be ready to burn him alive. That's what the assistants told the 3-1 when they investigated the damage. But they still have no clue where Katherine is.

Mia: We should help. Is anyone searching Central Park?

Greg: Not enough officers. Why not? But Ken, Jeanette, and Eleanor must stay here. We can't let them in the field unarmed, even though the perp is, too. We can't take any chances that Prescott may send his minions. Chipmunks, Brittany, Kaleido cast, ready to roll?

[The cast of KS, the Chipmunks, and Brittany nod, then exit]

[Central Park, 9:39am]

[The cast of KS and Brittany are on their Kaleido Cycles; the Chipmunks are on their Battle Spiders]

Layla: All right, everyone. Let's split up into groups and find Katherine Grant. If you see her, contact me. Brittany, Marion, Rosetta, you're with May. Comb Wollman Rink. Simon, Theodore, Mia, Anna, and Sarah, search the Blockhouse. I'll take Sora and Alvin to Belvedere Castle. We'll meet back at the fountain in half an hour. Let's move!

Everyone else: Yes, ma'am!

[They split up into their assigned groups and head to their assigned locations]

[Sora, Layla, and Alvin approach Belvedere Castle]

Layla: Let's go.

[She and Sora park their cycles in front; Alvin returns Dagger into his manacle; the trio heads into the castle]

Alvin: Anybody here? Hello?

Voices: [the same ones from Alvin's dream] Help! Help! Let us out! Help us!

Alvin: [gasps] Those voices again!

Layla: What voices?

Alvin: The ones from my dream, remember?

Sora: I don't hear anything.

Alvin: I do. [points north] It's coming from over there. You two keep searching for Katherine. I'll see what those voices want. [heads north]

Layla: Be careful, Alvin. [sighs] I really hope he's not hallucinating.

Sora: I don't know, Layla. Maybe his dream really was an omen.

[A cloaked being comes up behind them]

Layla: Anyway, let's find Katherine and arrest her.

Being: Oh, there's no need to. I'll do it for you.

[Sora and Layla look behind them and notice her]

Layla: Who are you?

Being: Do you believe in magic?

[She cackles]

[Meanwhile, Alvin follows the sound of the cries for help all the way to the basement of the castle; the voices grow more clear]

Alvin: Where are you?

Voices: The gourd! The gourd!

[Alvin looks around and finds a gourd (the same one from Alvin's dream) on a pillar in the corner]

Alvin: That's the gourd from my dream! [runs up to the gourd]

Voices: Open it! Hurry!

[Alvin grabs the gourd and pulls the cork out; five spiritual beings emerge from the gourd and fly around]

Alvin: Are they group of genies? Or are they--?

[The spiritual beings take the form of the following:
Berry Magician Girl
Lemon Magician Girl
Apple Magician Girl
Chocolate Magician Girl
Kiwi Magician Girl]

[All five stretch and take deep breaths]

Alvin: Magicians?

Kiwi Magician Girl: You have no idea how stuffy it is in there.

Chocolate Magician Girl: Who is that young savior? He looks adorable.

Apple Magician Girl: Tell us who you are, little one.

Lemon Magician Girl: We're dying to know.

Berry Magician Girl: Please?

Alvin: My name is Alvin. Alvin Seville. I'm a chipmunk who can sing, dance, fight, and duel.

Kiwi Magician Girl: A duelist?

[Alvin nods]

[Moment of pause]

[The Magician Girls leap at Alvin and hug and kiss him repeatedly]

Alvin: Hey! Take it easy! Really, it was nothing!

Chocolate Magician Girl: You're our hero! You saved us!

Apple Magician Girl: We owe you everything, but I don't know we're ever gonna repay you!

Lemon Magician Girl: We've been stuck in that gourd for over two years, and we thought we were gonna die!

Berry Magician Girl: Hero!

[The spirit of Dark Magician Girl appears]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl!

Dark Magician Girl: All of you, whoever you are, get off him now!

[The other Magician Girls notice her and get off Alvin]

Kiwi Magician Girl: Sis?

Dark Magician Girl: [gasps] Girls, where have you all been?!

[All six Magician Girls join in a group hug]

Dark Magician Girl: My sisters, you're all okay! I'm so glad to see you!

Apple Magician Girl: We missed you so much, big sister!

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl, the prisoners I just rescued-- Are they your sisters?

Dark Magician Girl: Alvin, these are my little sisters.

Kiwi Magician Girl: I'm Kiwi Magician Girl, a Wind-attribute magician and the eldest of her younger sisters.

Chocolate Magician Girl: I'm Chocolate Magician Girl, a Water-attribute magician.

Apple Magician Girl: I'm Apple Magician Girl, a Fire-attribute magician.

Lemon Magician Girl: I'm Lemon Magician Girl, a Light-attribute magician.

Berry Magician Girl: Earth!

Dark Magician Girl: Berry Magician Girl is the baby of the family and an Earth-attribute magician. She doesn't speak much.

Alvin: Well, it's nice to meet you. I had no idea until now that Dark Magician Girl had sisters.

Dark Magician Girl: They went missing just before you started seeing Duel Monsters spirits and I joined you. Girls, would you mind explaining where you disappeared to?

Lemon Magician Girl: It's like this, sis.

[Cut to a flashback that goes as follows]

Lemon Magician Girl: We got separated from you while we were flying on our magic scepters.

Apple Magician Girl: Then a demonic head appeared before us and sucked us into the gourd.

[Back to the present]

Alvin: Argon.

Kiwi Magician Girl: That's what he said his name was. You know him?

Alvin: He's one of Prescott Vorstein's henchmen. And if what my dream says is true, he probably wanted to harness your powers for his own.

[The Magician Girls gasp and murmur]

Alvin: Prescott's a heartless psycho and the only living member of the Vorstein Clan, a family my group and I brought down almost five years ago. But before Prescott could get convicted, he and his twin brother got into a fight, and in the scuffle, Prescott switched places with his brother, and the brother got executed by the Feds. Now Prescott himself is on the run and vowing to finish what his late uncle started: To try and conquer Earth.

Dark Magician Girl: Now that we're all together again, Alvin may need your help in the fight against evil. What do you say? You with us?

Kiwi Magician Girl: Where my sister goes, I do, too. Girls?

Chocolate Magician Girl: All the way, sis!

Apple Magician Girl: Ditto!

Lemon Magician Girl: Why not?

Berry Magician Girl: Yay!

[All six Magician Girls join hands and jump up]

All Magician Girls: Magician Girls forever!

Kiwi Magician Girl: Now, Alvin, to assist you, you'll need these.

[She and her younger sisters raise their scepters; three copies of each of their cards appear in Alvin's hand; Alvin takes a close look]

Alvin: They're amazing. I'm gonna hafta find a duelist to test them out.

Voice: How about me?

Alvin: Who said that?

[He looks to the right and sees the cloaked being]

Alvin: Who are you?

Being: You think you're gonna walk in here, release the prisoners, and then get away with it? Not today. Meet me at the top of the castle. [vanishes]

Dark Magician Girl: Who is that woman?

Chocolate Magician Girl: The one who guarded the gourd before you came here.

Alvin: I'll get her, whoever she is!

[He charges all the way to the top of the castle, the Magician Girls in hot pursuit]

Alvin: Where are you, whoever you are?!

[The cloaked being appears again]

Being: Greetings, Alvin Seville.

[She removes her cloak, revealing herself to be Katherine Grant]

Alvin: Katherine Grant, A.K.A. Katherine the Grand. Graduated from feared magician to murderous illusionist. What's wrong, couldn't find a new sponsor?

Katherine: No sponsor could offer me any more than Sydney Roache's company did.

Alvin: Tell me something, Katherine. What made your sponsor cancel on you?

Katherine: That gutless wonder wanted nothing more to do with me after he heard about my devastating secret from 12 years ago.

Alvin: So instead of simply moving on to another sponsor, you chose to kill him? And now you work for Prescott Vorstein, trying to guard the prisoners I just saved?

Katherine: Oh, you may have saved those prisoners, but who's gonna save these prisoners if you don't do my bidding?

[She removes a big cloth from a rectangular shaped object, revealing Sora and Layla, who are trapped in a glass tank]

Sora: Alvin!

Layla: Get us out!

Alvin: Sora! Layla!

Katherine: They're part of my little plan to get you to turn over those prisoners. If you should refuse, however, the tank will fill up with water until they drown. And if you think they can get out by transforming, think again.

[She is holding Sora and Layla's wristbands]

Alvin: Their wristbands!

Katherine: And don't bother transforming yourself, Alvin.

[Alvin gets shackled by the legs, as does Katherine]

Alvin: What is this?!

Katherine: A little something I whipped up after buying the needed parts from Savage. They also have frequency blockers so that those who are shackled-- All their communication devices are useless. That means you can't call for help, transform, or summon your Battle Spider.

Alvin: Let us go now!

Katherine: Only if you give me back the prisoners. Or better yet, let's make this a little more interesting. We'll duel. And it's not only the prisoners at stake, but our decks, as well. When I win, your friends will drown, and I'll take the Magician Girl spirits back with me. Not only that, but I'll take very card in your deck. All of your decks, for that matter.

Alvin: If you win. But if I win, you'll release Sora and Layla, give me your deck, and turn yourself in.

Katherine: Gladly. But there's more. I didn't shackle us both for nothing.

[She points at a buzz saw on her far left corner with a LP counter; there is also one on Alvin's far left]

Katherine: Those buzz saws determine who lives and who dies. A little something that Rare Hunter Arkana tried to use against Yugi. The closer the number of one's life points gets to 0, the closer the saw gets to that duelist. And once that duelist reaches 0, they'll suffer the agony of de-feet! [laughs] And what's more, these shackles are indestructible. Only the winner of the duel can get out of those shackles in one piece.

Sora: You're disgusting, Katherine!

Layla: Scaring those children half to death at the hospital 12 years ago probably wasn't enough for you, so now you wanna resort to maiming one?!

Katherine: I'm not finished yet. Look between your feet, Alvin.

[Alvin does so; there is a tiny box; Katherine has one, as well]

Alvin: What's in these boxes?

Katherine: The key. Whoever wins the duel, their box will open automatically, giving them the opportunity to unlock their shackles.

Alvin: I won't allow you to win this, Katherine! I'll duel you, but you're only asking for trouble.

[The Magician Girls nod at each other and disappear into Alvin's deck]

[Alvin and Katherine shuffle their decks and insert them into their duel disks]

Alvin and Katherine: Duel gazers, ready!

[Everyone puts on their duel gazers]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

Alvin and Katherine: [each draw their first five cards] Let's duel!

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Katherine: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

[Near Bethesda Fountain, the rest of the gang regroups]

May: Couldn't find her, huh?

Brittany: Sorry, May. Nothing.

Rosetta: And what about Sora, Layla, and Alvin? They should've been back by now.

Mia: I tried contacting them, but there's no reply.

Anna: I hope Katherine didn't actually make them vanish.

Marion: Anna, you're too much.

[Suddenly, Rhinofiend, a demonic horned rhinoceros (who can stand on two legs) appears before the gang]

Rhinofiend: Trust me, they're okay, but you won't when I, Rhinofiend, am through with you!

May: Another demon!

Sarah: Time to go to work. Gladiators, ready?!

Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, and Anna: Ready!

Simon: Flame!

Theodore: Brutus!

Simon and Theodore: Spider out!

[Out of their manacles come their Battle Spiders]

Sarah, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, and Anna: Kaleido Power!

Simon and Theodore: Arachna Power!

[They all get suited up]

Simon and Theodore: Spider Riders!

Rosetta: K-3! Diabolo Fairy!

Marion: K-4! Aqua Blossom!

May: K-5! Demon Blader!

Brittany: K-6! Dove of Dreams!

Mia: K-7! Platinum Pixie!

Anna: K-8! Geo Jester!

Sarah: K-9! Lorikeet of Love!

Mia: Where there is life, there is a heart of justice!

All seven Gladiators: Kaleido Gladiators!

Rhinofiend: Demonitron, get them!

[An army of Demonitron appears]

Mia: Let's go, guys! CHARGE!

[The gang charges at Rhinofiend and his Demonitron; both teams fight each other over the next minute or two]

[Cut back to the top of Belvedere Castle]

Alvin and Katherine: [each roll a die] Go, dice roll!

[Alvin's die comes up 1; Katherine's comes up 6]

Alvin: A 1?!

Katherine: 6 beats 1, so I choose to go first. [places a card] I summon Magician's Rod!

[Magician's Rod appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,600]

Alvin: A Magician's Rod without a magician?

Katherine: [takes a card from her deck] Don't underestimate it by its looks. When I normal-summon Magician's Rod, I can add a Spell or Trap Card from my deck: One that specifically lists Dark Magician in its text. [reveals said card] Dark Magical Circle. But I'll save it for later. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Alvin: It's like she ripped off Yugi's deck. [draws] My turn! I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: One for One! [discards a card] By discarding a monster, I special-summon a level-1 monster from my deck. [places a card from his deck] The Black Stone of Legend!

[The Black Stone of Legend appears]

[LV: 1
ATK: 0]

Alvin: Next, I tribute it to special-summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck!

[The stone vanishes; Red-Eyes appears in its place and roars]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,400]

Katherine: Your first turn, and already you summoned one of your best monsters? I figured this would happen. [reveals face-down] I activate Dark Renewal!

[A coffin appears and absorbs Red-Eyes and Magician's Rod]

Katherine: When you summon a monster, Dark Renewal takes that monster and one of my Spellcaster-type monsters and sends them to the graveyard. In exchange, I special-summon a Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my deck or graveyard. [places a card from her deck] Feast your eyes on my star attraction!

[The coffin opens, revealing...]

Katherine: Dark Magician!

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,500]

Alvin: A red Dark Magician?! Where did that come from?!

Katherine: This Dark Magician is no different than Yugi Muto's. But he is more intimidating.

Alvin: Not to me, he isn't. [places another card] I activate the Spell: Spell Economics! While I control this card, I don't have to pay life points to activate Spell Cards. [places another card] Like this: Dark Magic Veil! Instead of having to pay 1,000 life points, I'll just special-summon a Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my hand or graveyard for free! [places a card from his hand] I special-summon Dark Magician Girl!

[Dark Magician Girl appears]

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,000]

Katherine: You must be out of your head if you think Dark Magician Girl stands a chance against her master.

Alvin: [places another card] She will, with Magic Formula! This card gives her 700 more attack points!

[ATK: 2,700]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl, attack that wannabe Dark Magician!

[Dark Magician Girl twirls her scepter]

Alvin: Dark Burning Attack!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Dark Magician, destroying him; Katherine gets struck with damage]

[LP:Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 0)
Katherine: 3,800 (Hand: 4)]

Sora: Yay, Alvin!

Layla: Off to a great start!

Katherine: You little maniac!

Alvin: Some star attraction. And now that your Dark Magician is in your graveyard, Dark Magician Girl gains an extra 300 attack points.

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 3,000]

Alvin: Since my hand's empty, that's about all I can do this turn. Make your move.

Katherine: [draws] I'll make you regret that, Alvin. I draw! [places a card] I activate Dark Magical Circle! I'll use it's effect to look at the top three cards of my deck for Dark Magician or a Spell or Trap Card that specifically lists its name in the text. [takes the top three cards of her deck] I'll add one of them to my hand, then return the other two to the top of my deck. [looks through them] Perfect! [reveals one of the cards and adds it to her hand; returns the other two to the top of her deck] I've got Magician Navigation. This card'll come in handy later. [places another card] Now, I activate my own copy of Spell Economics! Next, I activate... [places another card] Dark Magic Veil! This card worked well for you, but now it's my turn! I special-summon Dark Magician back from my graveyard!

[Dark Magician reappears]

Alvin: I'm not afraid of that guy.

Katherine: You should be afraid of my Dark Magical Circle's second effect. Once per turn, when I summon a Dark Magician to my field, I can target and banish one card you control: Dark Magician Girl!

[Dark Magician becomes powered by the Dark Magical Circle; he fires a blast from his scepter at Dark Magician Girl; Dark Magician Girl vanishes]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl! [growls] How dare you, Katherine!

Katherine: Well, turnabout is fair play, isn't it?

[LP:
Alvin: 5,000 (Hand: 0)
Katherine: 3,800 (Hand: 2)]

Katherine: Wait. Where'd those extra life points come from?

Alvin: Magic Formula. When you banished Dark Magician Girl, you destroyed Magic Formula, and when Magic Formula is destroyed, I gain 1,000 life points.

Katherine: Gaining life points won't save you. It'll only prolong your inevitable doom. Plus, gaining life points doesn't drain water from the tank in which your friends are trapped. It'll only slow down the flow. [places another card] Now, I activate Graceful Charity! [draws three cards; discards two] I draw three cards and discard two. Now, to bring on the pain! [places another card] I activate another copy of Dark Magic Veil! I special-summon one of the monsters I discarded with Dark Magic Veil. Behold!

[Another Dark Magician appears]

Alvin: Another one?!

Katherine: That's right. And with nothing on your field or in your hand to protect you, there's nothing you can do to stop their direct attacks! Dark Magician #1, attack him directly! Dark Magic Attack!

[Her first Dark Magician fires his attack at Alvin directly]

Alvin: I activate the effect of Rainbow Kuriboh in my graveyard! I special-summon him in defense mode!

[Rainbow Kuriboh appears]

DEF: 100]

Katherine: [growls] Dark Magician, attack Rainbow Kuriboh instead!

[Dark Magician's attack strikes Rainbow Kuriboh, destroying him]

Katherine: Rainbow Kuriboh may keep you in the duel for one more turn, but your friends are about to get drenched! Dark Magician #2, attack Alvin directly! Dark Magic Attack!

[Her second Dark Magician fires at Alvin, hitting him directly; Alvin screams]

[LP:
Alvin: 2,500 (Hand: 0)
Katherine: 3,800 (Hand: 1)]

Sora: Alvin!

[Suddenly, the tank starts filling with water; Sora gasps]

Sora: Oh, no!

Layla: The tank's filling up!

Alvin: Sora! Layla!

[The water flow stops at a line that reads 2,500]

Katherine: Relax. They're not dead yet. Just wet. But you should be worried about that.

[Alvin notices his buzz saw approaching him, until it stops at the 2,500 mark]

Katherine: Once your life points reach 0, not only will you meet what could be your end, but the tank will instantly fill to the top with water, and your favorite Kaleido Gladiators will die.

Alvin: I won't lose to the likes of you, Katherine! Winning requires honor, something you don't have!

Katherine: Stop it, Alvin. That hurt me inside. Anyway, now it's time for you to meet one of my all-time favorites. I overlay my two Dark Magicians to build the Overlay Network!

[Her Dark Magicians convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Katherine: Behold, Ebon High Magician!

[Ebon High Magician emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 7
DEF: 2,800]

Katherine: Make your move, Alvin.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! First, I activate the effect of The Black Stone of Legend in my graveyard. [takes two cards from his graveyard, then shuffles one back into his deck] I return Red-Eyes Black Dragon to my deck and add The Black Stone of Legend to my hand.

Katherine: But you can't use its special-summoning effect this turn. You can only use one of its effects per turn, and only once during that turn.

Alvin: Big deal! [sets a card] Now, I set this card and end my turn.

Katherine: You must have a death wish if you ended your turn without summoning any monsters. [draws] I draw! I switch Ebon High Magician into attack mode.

[EBON HIGH MAGICIAN:
ATK: 2,300]

Katherine: [places another card] And to ensure my victory, I summon Magician's Robe!

[Magician's Robe appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: 700]

Alvin: Before you enter your battle phase, I activate the Trap: [reveals set card] Sixth Sense! My number choices: 5 and 6. You roll. If the number that comes up is one of the numbers I picked, I get to draw that many cards. If not, I'll send that many cards from the top of my deck to my graveyard.

Katherine: [rolls a die] Fine, but I doubt you'll get anything higher than a 4.

[The die comes up 6]

Alvin: [draws six cards] You were saying?

Katherine: [sighs] Fine! But those cards won't be of any use to you, anyway, because your field is empty, and my monsters' combined attack points are enough to take you out! Ebon High Magician, attack him now!

[Ebon High Magician fires a blast from his scepter at Alvin]

Alvin: [places another card] Here comes Battle Fader!

[Battle Fader appears, stopping the attack]

DEF: 0]

Alvin: By declaring a direct attack, you've allowed me to special-summon Battle Fader to end the battle phase!

Katherine: Lucky move. But your luck will run out eventually. Make your move.

[Cut back to the fight against Rhinofiend; the gang has beaten the Demonitron; Simon and Theodore fight Rhinofiend]

Simon: Why don't you throw in the towel? Your army's gone and you're all alone.

Rhinofiend: No way!

[He knocks Simon and Theodore off their Battle Spiders]

May: Simon!

Mia: Theodore!

[Simon and Theodore get back on their feet]

Simon: We're not done yet, girls!

Theodore: Brutus, Flame, it's time to go Super!

Brutus and Flame: Roger that, partners!

Simon and Theodore: Arachna Super Power!

[They join with their spiders and assume Super Mode]

Simon and Theodore: Super Spider Riders!

Rhinofiend: New suits? Bah! Horn of the Underworld!

[He fires a blast of black lightning from his horn at Simon and Theodore, who shield themselves w/their Battle Spiders' Spider Barricade, which reflects the lightning blast right back at Rhinofiend]

Rhinofiend: [groans] Damn you! [growls] A simple demon losing to only two measly Spider Riders?!

May: And seven Kaleido Gladiators! [whips out her trident] Demon Trident!

[She skates toward Rhinofiend and strikes him w/her trident]

Marion: We gotta find some way to finish him.

Mia: But without Sora and Layla, we can't use the Kaleido Cannon.

Simon: And we can't use the Spider Cannon without the other Spider Riders.

Rosetta: Wait! May, let's take flight!

May: Right!

[They hold each other's hands as they take flight]

Sarah: I've got to document this!

[She whips out her iPhone and records May and Rosetta's flight]

Rhinofiend: So you wanna take to the skies, eh? Good thing I'm a demon.

[Demonic wings appear on his back; he takes flight and charges at the airborne Gladiators]

Simon: This doesn't make sense. If rhinos were meant to fly, they wouldn't weigh over 5,000 pounds!

Mia: Except that this rhino's part demon.

Rhinofiend: Come and get me!

May and Rosetta: Eternal... ILLUSION!

[May swings Rosetta, who backflips toward Rhinofiend, daggers on hand; May flies above them, trident on hand]

Rhinofiend: You're mine, Gladiator!

Rosetta: Illusory Dagger Strike!

[She strikes Rhinofiend w/her daggers]

Rhinofiend: Good shot, but not good enough!

May: [spirals downard toward Rhinofiend, pointing her trident at him] Eternal... Demon... SPIRAL!!

[She strikes Rhinofiend hard; Rhinofiend screams and falls to the ground; Rosetta flies toward May, who catches her]

May: Well done, Rosetta!

[They land safely on the ground]

Sarah: [stops the recording and texts the video to Tyler] Wait until Tyler Steele hears of this!

Anna: Even though we're not doing Swan Lake, they still have it in them.

Theodore: Mm-hmm.

Rhinofiend: [struggles to get back on his feet] I... can't... lose! [groans] ACME Crime Net can't win!

[Suddenly, Savage appears before him]

Savage: They may win against you, Rhinofiend, but not against me.

Rhinofiend: Savage! What are you doing here?!

Savage: Trying to prove myself that I'm still loyal to Master Prescott.

Rhinofiend: Your lack of subordination will be your undoing.

Savage: Unfortunately, your failure to destroy ACME is yours. [fires a blast from his flaming sword at Rhinofiend] Goodbye!

[Rhinofiend screams as he gets hit and vaporized]

Mia: Destroying your own demon?! Is that any way to prove your loyalty?!

Savage: Prescott never gave me the chance I desired since Argon came into the picture, so it's high time I took a little initiative. Plus, you should thank me for doing you a small favor in ridding you of one of my demons.

Anna: Thank you?! Sicko!

Simon: Let's get him, guys!

[They all charge at Savage]

[Cut back to the top of the castle]

Alvin: [draws] I draw! Now, I activate the Spell: [places a card] Pendulum Call! [discards a card] I discard one card. [takes two cards from his deck] And in exchange, I add two Magician Pendulum monsters from my deck to my hand: Dragonpulse Magician and Dragonpit Magician. [places said cards] Now, I'll use them to set the Pendulum Scale!

[The two Pendulum Magicians appear (Scale: 1-8)]

Alvin: Before I Pendulum-summon, I'll perform a normal-summon. [places another card] I summon Berry Magician Girl!

[Berry Magician Girl appears]

ATK: 400]

Katherine: Think that squirt can beat my monsters? I don't think so.

Alvin: Don't judge her by her size. [takes a card from his deck] When I normal-summon Berry Magician Girl, I get to add a Magician Girl monster from my deck to my hand. [takes a card from his deck] I choose Chocolate Magician Girl.

Katherine: Nice choice, but I'm sure you're planning on Pendulum-summoning.

Alvin: Bingo! [places three cards] It's time for my next act!

[Three more monsters appear]

Alvin: Put on a good show, Lemon Magician Girl!

[LV: 2
ATK: 800]

Alvin: Take the stage, Apple Magician Girl!

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,200]

Alvin: Back your sisters up, Chocolate Magician Girl!

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,600]

Katherine: You dare to use the prisoners against me?! Big mistake, Alvin!

Layla: Those are the voices Alvin heard in his dream last night?

Sora: I knew Alvin was telling the truth.

Alvin: Now, I activate Apple Magician Girl's effect. I tribute Berry Magician Girl!

[Berry Magician Girl vanishes; Lemon Magician Girl raises her scepter and fires at Alvin's deck]

Alvin: [takes a card from his deck] And in return, I add a Spellcaster-type monster from my deck to my hand. [reveals said card] Kiwi Magician Girl. Now, I activate Chocolate Magician Girl's effect. [discards another copy of Lemon Magician Girl] I discard a Spellcaster-type monster from my hand, then draw another card. [draws a card] Now, to activate this baby's effect. [discards a card] I discard Kiwi Magician Girl from my hand. Now, all my Magician Girls gain 300 attack and defense points for each different Magician Girl on the field and in our graveyards until the end of this turn. I count the three on my field and two in my graveyard. That's 1,500 more attack and defense points!

[LEMON MAGICIAN GIRL:

[APPLE MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 2,700]

[CHOCOLATE MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 3,100]

Chocolate Magician Girl: And it's more than enough to take your monsters and you out!

Alvin: Plus, there's nothing set in your back row to protect you. Chocolate Magician Girl, attack Ebon High Magician! Chocolate Burning Attack!

[Chocolate Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Ebon High Magician]

Katherine: My back row may not have set cards, but my hand does! And Ebon High Magician's effect will prove it! By using one Overlay Unit, I can activate a Trap Card or a Quick-Play Spell Card from my hand during your turn. [places a card] Like this: Magician Navigation! [places another card] This card lets me special-summon Dark Magician from my hand, then a level-7 or lower Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my deck!

[Ebon High Magician absorbs an Overlay Unit; another red Dark Magician appears]

Katherine: Now, for the monster from my deck: [places a card from her deck] Apprentice Illusion Magician!

[Apprentice Illusion Magician appears]

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,000]

Katherine: Now, for my Dark Magical Circle's banishing effect! It's curtains for Chocolate Magician Girl!

[Dark Magician becomes powered by the Dark Magical Circle; he fires a blast from his scepter at Chocolate Magician Girl]

Alvin: [places another card] Don't think so! I activate Monster Recovery!

[Chocolate Magician Girl returns to Alvin's deck; Alvin shuffles the last card in his hand back into his deck, then draws another card]

Alvin: Too bad.

Chocolate Magician Girl: Thank you, Alvin.

Alvin: Don't mention it. Unfortunately, with Chocolate Magician Girl back in my deck, my other Magician Girls lose 300 attack and defense points each.

[LEMON MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 1,900]

[APPLE MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 2,400]

Alvin: But 2,400 is enough to take out your Ebon High Magician! I wanna make sure you don't use his effect to your advantage again. Apple Magician Girl, attack him now! Apple Burning Attack!

[Apple Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Ebon High Magician]

Katherine: I send Apprentice Illusion Magician to the graveyard to activate her effect!

[Apprentice Illusion Magician vanishes, transferring her power to Ebon High Magician]

Katherine: When a Dark Spellcaster-type monster I control battles an opponent's monster, by sending Apprentice Illusion Magician from my hand or field to the graveyard, the battling Spellcaster gains 2,000 attack and defense points during damage calculation!

[EBON HIGH MAGICIAN:
ATK: 4,300]

Alvin: Oh, boy.

Katherine: Ebon High Magician, counterattack! Xyz Magic Attack!

[Ebon High Magician fires a blast from his scepter at Apple Magician Girl, destroying her]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 0)
Katherine: 3,800 (Hand: 0)]

Alvin: No!

[The buzz saw on his side gets even closer to Alvin]

Katherine: And your big mistake only gets your babysitters ever closer to their deaths!

[The tank fills up even more, until it reaches the 600 mark; the water has barely reached Sora and Layla's shoulders]

Alvin: I can't take too much more of that. For Sora and Layla's sakes.

Katherine: Just one more attack next turn, and it's the end of three ACME detectives.

Alvin: Well, while you dwell on my little flub, I'll activate Apple Magician Girl's effect. Since you destroyed her, I can add up to three other Magician Girls with different names from my graveyard to my hand. [takes three cards from his graveyard] Berry Magician Girl, Kiwi Magician Girl, and my second copy of Lemon Magician Girl.

Katherine: Those cards won't save you in the end, Alvin. Nothing will.

Alvin: [sets a card] We'll see about that. Make your next move.

[LEMON MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 800]

[EBON HIGH MAGICIAN:

Katherine: How unfortunate. All that Pendulum-summoning and attack-point boosting, and instead of beating me, you drop down to 600. [draws] I draw! [looks at what she just drew; in her mind] Ego Boost? The hell with this card. I don't need it. I already have two monsters strong enough to wipe Alvin out. [aloud] Okay, Alvin. Time to take out your last Magician Girl and your life points! Dark Magician, attack her and finish him!

[Dark Magician points his scepter at Lemon Magician Girl and powers it up]

Sora: Layla...

[She and Layla hold hands tightly]

Katherine: Dark Magic Attack!

[Dark Magician fires at Lemon Magician Girl]

Sora and Layla: Alvin!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Savage: Come at me with all you've got, not that you have much left, anyway.

Alvin: You should never have wasted your career away by burning the owner of your sponsor alive. What drove you to it,... ThunderKat?

Katherine: How dare you address me by my original pseudonym! Control of Dark Magician Girl belongs to me now!

Alvin: You're ruthless, Katherine! Abusing your own monsters just to use one of mine against me!

Sora: Next time on ACME Crime NetAlvin and the Magician Girls Pt. 2!

Layla: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (3/24/2019 10:38 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera