ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2023 3:07 pm  #1

Side-Fic 353: Far From Over

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Mana: You know the drill. Just watch with the lights on and not too close.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Tuckahoe Quarry, Tuesday, November 19th, 7:21pm (EST)]

[Maggotron continues searching for Mana]

Maggotron: Hiding is futile, you cowardly turncoat. Come out, come out, wherever the hell you are! I'll find you sooner or later!

[Mana is still hiding behind a rock in a fetal position, sweating and crying]

Mana: [in her mind] All these years of helping Big Brother in combat, and this is where it all ends? No powers, no Spirit Soldiers, no Big Brother...

[She has flashbacks of all her previous battles]

Mana: At first, Mana was fighting to protect Big Brother from Spirits. But as it turned out, he was trying to free the Spirits from their uncontrollable wrath. Mana knew after battling Kurumi she couldn't get anywhere working for DEM. Mana had to abandon them and join Ratatoskr for Big Brother's sake. Once DEM was finally defeated, I thought Big Brother and I would finally catch up on our relationship. But then Westcott came back for revenge. Mana knows Big Brother is capable of protecting himself now, as are the other girls. But Mana just wants to be part of things, too. Mana wants to fight evil. And I've done my share as a Wizard.

[Back to the present]

Mana: But now look at me. Just plain old Mana Takamiya, all alone and powerless. [wipes her tears] No. Mana's not alone! And Mana's far from powerless! Mana has to fight! Mana's no coward!

[Maggotron is close to the rock]

Maggotron: Fee-fi-fo-fum!
I smell the sweat of the traitorous one!
Be she alive, or be she dead,
we'll use her bones to make our bread!

[Mana whips out her kendo shinai, jumps out of her hiding place, and knocks Maggotron to the ground with her shinai]

Mana: You want Mana? Come and get Mana!

Maggotron: [growls] I'm gonna perforate you, you pathetic human!

[They fight with their weapons]

Maggotron: You should've stayed with DEM, then you wouldn't be in this situation.

Mana: Of course not! Mana would have been dead long ago, and Big Brother would've suffered through it! Big Brother means everything to Mana!

Maggotron: Except he's not Shinji Takamiya anymore.

Mana: Maybe not outside. But deep down, he still is!

[She kicks Maggotron to the ground]

Maggotron: [gets back on his feet] Is there nothing that can put you out to pasture for good?

Mana: Only if Mana decides, but Mana's not ready for that. I'm way too young and healthy to die, and Big Brother needs me! I'm his only real family left.

Maggotron: Cute, but it won't save you.

[Back on board the Fraxinus (which is surrounded by a red energy field), the crew is concerned]

MARIA: Any luck in getting through the energy field, Ellen?

Ellen: Nothing! I can't break through!

Artemisia: We can't allow the Demonoids to keep us cut off.

Karen: More bad news. Data shows that the energy field is compressing. It's slow, but we're having a hard time trying to stop it.

MARIA: Somehow, we have to find a way, or the pressure will destroy the ship.

Kannazuki: Where are the Spirit Soldiers?!

[Back at Westcott's island, JB laughs at the powerless Spirit Soldiers]

JB: Look at you pathetic Spirit Soldiers! Unable to fight back, unable to transform, unable to stop us. Master, I say we crush 'em now.

Westcott: It's too soon for that. They've fouled up enough of my plans. I'm going to send them back to New York. Without their powers, and with the energy field blocking all frequencies to and from the Fraxinus, they'll be helpless as Maggotron destroys everything. Let them suffer the agony of knowing they can do nothing to stop us from winning! [laughs]

[Shido's group vanishes, then reappears in the spot from whence they disappeared in Manhattan; Ryouko and Mikie run up to them]

Ryouko: There you guys are! You all right?

Origami: We're fine, Ryouko, but our Spirit Braces are useless now.

Tohka: We can't contact anyone at the Fraxinus, and we can't transform!

Mikie: We have to get to the warehouse and see if we can break through the energy field.

Kotori: It's our only hope, Mikie. If the Demonoids are sending Maggotron to attack the city, we don't have much time.

Shido: The Crystal Exceeds and Cosmo Cats are the only ones left in town to fight, but even all their best moves might not be enough. And we still have to find Mana.

Origami: Let's go.

[They all set off for the warehouse]

[Back at the quarry, the fight between Mana and Maggotron continues]

Maggotron: Time to say goodbye, traitor!

Mana: Yeah! Goodbye to you!

[Suddenly, the Demon Soldiers appear, carrying their helmets in their arms]

JB: Step aside, Maggotron. Leave this battle to us.

Maggotron: No way, JB! She's mine!

JB: Obey your creator's order, or I'll feed you to the birds! Master Westcott has bigger plans for you! Now, go!

Maggotron: Yeah, yeah, all right! [vanishes]

Mana: Evil Spirit Soldiers?

JB: More than that, Takamiya. Demon Soldiers! Helmets!

[She and the other Demon Soldiers put on their helmets]

JB: We're powered by Qlipha-X, created from the Reiryoku of the Inverse Spirits' Qlipha Crystals, and our powers easily surpass that of the Spirit Soldiers.

[Mana grits her teeth and clenches her fists]

JB: So, how does it feel now that you're stripped of your Wizard powers for good? [laughs] Your humiliation is far from over. If you want to live, you'll pledge your allegiance to the Demonoids.

Mana: Mana will never rejoin you! Mana never wanted to join you in the first place!

JB: You were always the gallant hero, always ready and willing to make sacrifices to save your friends and your big brother. And remember all the enemies you defeated? Well, it's all over now! Demon Soldiers, CHARGE!

[She and the other Demon Soldiers charge at Mana, sword on hand; Mana fights back with her shinai]

Mana: Haven't you forgotten I was able to hold my own once against LN without using my powers?

JB: She failed because of that other traitor who tried to escape her.

Demon Soldier Indigo: Ellen made LN lose.

Demon Soldier Alabaster: Lady JB is not like that.

Mana: Maybe, but then again, she was always playing second fiddle.

JB: [stops in her tracks] What did you say?

Mana: Remember those days when you were still human,... Jessica?

[JB has flashbacks of herself as Jessica Bailey back when Mana worked at DEM]

JB: I do. Before you deserted Westcott, I always envied you. You were his Adeptus-2, Ellen was his right-hand, and I was just a third wheel. You even pushed me into a fight with Ellen once. I always hated you.

[Back to the present]

JB: Then things got worse when you defected to Ratatoskr. I never forgave you for deserting our master!

Mana: Isaac Westcott was no master to Mana. To him, Mana was expendable. Jessica, we were both expendable to him. I don't belong with DEM. I belong with... my big brother.

JB: [growls] Soon enough, you'll belong to either me,... or nobody.

Mana: Try Mana.

[132 Madison Street, 7:40pm]

[The rest of Shido's group watches as Origami does tinkering with her smartphone]

Origami: There. My phone should be able to lock on to the energy field. [inputs the codes into the computer] It won't dismantle the barrier, but it'll at least establish contact with the Fraxinus.

[The television monitor nearby shows a live news report showing Maggotron attacking the Meatpacking District rigorously]

Tohka: Oh, no. Maggotron's at it again.

Miku: And he's not even giant.

Shido: Without our powers or the Fraxinus, we can't stop him.

[Mukuro's stomach is heard growling]

Mukuro: [groans] All this worrying is starting to make Muku hungry.

Origami: We'll eat when this is...

[Her stomach growls, as well]

Shido: [takes his phone] Pizza?

All girls: Plain cheese.

Shido: Right.

[Back at the quarry, Mana is overwhelmed by the Demon Soldiers; her clothing is slightly torn; JB pins her to the ground]

JB: After all these years, I'm this close to ending you. [gropes Mana's right breast] But first, some unfinished business.

[Mana shuts her eyes and grits her teeth, tears running down her cheeks]

JB: Undeniable torture. Something you never suffered before you defected. This was long overdue. I should've done this a long time ago. Now, repeat after me. "JB, you are my superior." Say it! NOW!

Mana: JB,... you are...

JB: Yes. Yes. Go right ahead.

[Mana looks up at the Demon Soldiers, then at JB herself]

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Mana: ...a complete bitch!

[She kicks JB in the gut, then leaps up and kicks the other Demon Soldiers to the ground like dominoes]

JB: [whips out her regular sword] You'll pay dearly for defying me, Mana!

[She and Mana fight with their swords, eventually approaching the edge of a cliff]

JB: Don't just stand there, you clowns! Back me up!

[The other Demon Soldiers nod, then charge at Mana; in slow-motion, Mana strikes each of them rigorously with her shinai; Mana then punches each Demon Soldier over the cliff one by one, leaving only herself and JB]

JB: They're far from finished! Remember, their power is unsurpassed!

Mana: Wrong! They're nothing more than bootlegged Spirit Soldiers! You're only this strong yourself because you're a Demonoid!

JB: It doesn't matter. Mere humans can never beat machines!

Mana: But is Mana really a mere human to you?!

[JB growls; her sword glows with demonic energy; she swings it, unleashing a wave of Demonoid energy at Mana, knocking her over the cliff]

JB: [looks down] I knew she'd end up dead. [laughs] Now the Spirit Soldiers are no more!

[Suddenly, she notices Mana (clutching her shinai in her teeth) struggling to climb back up]

JB: NO! How did she survive?!

[Mana furiously reaches the top and trips up JB, causing her to drop her sword and fall over the cliff; she grabs Mana by the right leg]

JB: If I'm going down, you're coming with me!

[Mana, with all her might, climbs over the top and grabs JB's sword; JB barely climbs over, as well]

Mana: Mana practiced rock-climbing after graduating middle school. Jessica, Mana hasn't forgotten how much good she's done, not only as a Wizard, but as plain old Mana, from start to finish.

JB: [about to fire missiles] Shut up and gimme back my sword!

Mana: You want it?! You got it!

[She stabs JB in the chest with the sword; the other Demon Soldiers, having climbed back up, are shocked]

JB: My own sword...

[She reverts to normal JB; her Demon Brace falls off her wrist and deactivates]

Mana: It's sad that Westcott had been using you since the day you first joined DEM. Nevertheless, Mana has to end this. Sorry,... Jessica.

[The power from JB's sword bursts every one of JB's chips to pieces]

JB: Master Westcott,... this... is goodbye.

[Mana releases the sword, drops it, then crushes it with her right foot; JB's Demonoid head turns into that of Jessica Bailey]

Mana: Jessica...

Jessica: Mana Takamiya, I concede to you. It's perfectly clear I'll never be any better than you. Not as a human. Not even as a Demonoid. But I still have one Demonoid creation out there, and right now, you and your Spirit Soldier friends are powerless to stop him.

Mana: They won't be for long. Mana will find a way.

Jessica: [laughs weakly and in tears] Good luck with that. [gets electrified] Farewell,... my old rival.

[She slowly falls to the ground and engulfs in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Jessica/JB is gone, for good]

Mana: Goodbye, Jessica.

[She points her shinai at the remaining 10 Demon Soldiers]

Mana: Who else wants some?!

[The cowering Demon Soldiers teleport out of the quarry]

Mana: [sighs] Mana won.

[She falls to her knees, panting heavily]

Mana: Killing a Demonoid general without any powers.

[She picks up the defunct Demon Brace; she bursts into tears]

Mana: Jessica, one day, you'll find peace.

[She then notices a teleportation button on the brace]

Mana: Yes! Home free! Here I come, Big Brother!

[She pushes the button, teleporting out of the quarry]

[Back at Westcott's island, Westcott places the crystal on a pedestal just as the Demon Soldiers return]

Westcott: Why have you returned? And why are there only 10 of you?

Demon Soldier Indigo: Silver-- Lady JB didn't make it. She was killed by her own sword.

Westcott: And what of Mana Takamiya?

Demon Soldier Indigo: She had the sword. She killed her.

Westcott: Another right-hand dead. And by a mere human, too. We'll proceed without her. Besides, the girl and the Spirit Soldiers are nothing without their powers. Nervadrone!

[Nervadrone enters]

Nervadrone: Yes, sir? [notices the Demon Soldiers] Hey, where's JB?

Westcott: She's gone. From this point on, you're my right-hand Demonoid.

Nervadrone: [growls] I accept. And I'll do whatever I can to avenge JB and LN.

Westcott: As for you Demon Soldiers, two of my associates from the outside are constructing new mecha for you. Once they're ready, use them to attack.

Demon Soldiers: Sir!

[132 Madison Street, 7:40pm]

[Mana appears just outside the warehouse, her clothes tattered and worn out; shivering, she limps toward the front door and knocks]

Shido: [from behind the door] Pizza's here already? Coming!

[He opens the door and notices Mana in bad shape]

Shido: Mana! Oh, my God! What the hell happened to you?!

Mana: Jessica-- No. JB happened, and so did her Demon Soldiers. But she's gone now. For good.

Shido: JB's dead?

Mana: Big Brother... [hugs Shido] Mana was so scared!

[Shido hugs her back]

Shido: Everything's all right now. You're safe with your big brother. [sniffs] And you smell a bit ripe.

Mana: I know. Mana's been sweating a lot in that battle.

Shido: [carries her to his guest room's bathroom] You need a bath.

[Later, in the bathroom, Shido (in swim trunks) and Mana (in a bikini) are bathing together]

Mana: It was a rough battle. Even rougher than when we took on Westcott long ago.

Shido: But how'd you manage to survive?

Mana: Mana just had so much heart and soul.

Shido: That was insane. But how did JB die?

Mana: Well, she almost had Mana licked, but then she dropped her sword, so Mana grabbed it and stabbed her. Apparently, its negative energy destroyed all her chips at once.

Shido: Brave girl. [pats Mana on the head] You really worry me, but you also make me a very proud big brother.

Mana: Brother...

[She kisses him on the cheek and embraces him]

Mana: Mana loves you so much.

Shido: [embraces Mana] I love you, too, Mana.

Tohka: [outside the bathroom] Shido! Mana! Pizza's here!

Shido: [gets out of the tub and dries himself] 'Bout time! I'm starving.

Mana: [follows suit] Me, too. Wait a sec. Before she died, JB warned me she still has one Demonoid out there.

Shido: I know. But we can't go after him without our powers, and ACME Crime Net is short-handed this week.

Mana: [puts on her robe and slippers] So we just let him attack the city? And what about the Fraxinus crew?

Shido: [puts on his robe and slippers] Origami's trying to establish contact, even though communication there is blocked by an energy field.

[They exit the bathroom and join the others in the lab for pizza and soda]

Tohka: What kept you two? Mana, are you all right?

Mana: Mana will feel much better after a few slices.

Kotori: There's plenty of pizza to go around. Shido ordered four pies.

Mana: [takes three slices] Thanks.

[She eats the slices]

Tohka: Damn, you really put it away.

Miku: Watch out, Tohka! Mana's right behind you.

Tohka: [eats another slice] Don't push it.

[Miku giggles]

Shido: You girls will also be happy to know that thanks to Mana, Westcott's general JB is dead.

Ryouko: [spits out her cola] The kid actually killed a Demonoid general?!

Mikie: Now I've heard everything.

Origami: Shocking as it is, what's done is done. JB is gone. Nice work, Mana.

[Suddenly, the monitor receives a transmission from the Fraxinus bridge]

Origami: Oh! We finally got through!

Ellen: Spirit Soldiers, thank goodness! But what's with all the pizza?

Shido: Some of us got hungry over worrying so much. Besides, our powers are blocked out.

Ellen: They won't be if you shatter what sealed them off.

Origami: The crystal! Westcott had a crystal that siphoned off Mana's Wizard powers and disabled our Spirit Braces. It must've also created the energy field.

Ellen: Then it must be shattered. Unfortunately, a Spirit Soldier would be detected by the Demonoids on Westcott's island, even in civilian form.

Mana: Then this is a job for an ex-Wizard.

Shido: Mana, you can't. It's too dangerous. You're still not in top form after beating JB.

Mana: Mana has a personal score to settle, Big Brother. [takes one more sip of cola] Save a few more slices and soda.

Origami: But how will you get there? The Fraxinus can't teleport you, and our Spirit Braces--

Mana: The same way Mana got here. [holds up JB's Demon Brace and puts it on her wrist] JB left this.

Kotori: A Demon Brace?

Mukuro: Don't tell me you're gonna be--

Mana: Only teleportation works on this thing, now that JB's gone. Don't worry, guys. Mana won't be long.

[She pushes the button, teleporting out]

[Back at Westcott's island, Westcott and Nervadrone come out of the building with the Demon Soldiers]

Westcott: Demon Soldiers, it's nearly time to send you to the city and assist Maggotron.

[Unknown to anyone, Mana appears, then sneaks up to the pedestal with the crystal laying on top]

Westcott: Though he's strong, he needs all the help he can get in case ACME Crime Net should get in his way.

[Mana grabs the crystal; Nervadrone notices]

Nervadrone: Huh?! What's she doing here?!

Westcott: Now what? [turns and notices Mana] What?! Mana?! Impossible! [to his Demon Soldiers] GET HER!!

[The Demon Soldiers charge at Mana]

Mana: Too late, Westcott!

[In slow-motion, she tosses the crystal to the ground, shattering it to pieces]

Westcott: NO!!!

[The Demon Soldiers revert to normal; their swords vanish]

Westcott: My Demon Soldiers! How can this be happening to me?!

Mana: [as the power from the shattered crystal emanates toward her Demon Brace] You should know never to mess with Ratatoskr!

[Suddenly, her brace starts glowing; it transforms into a silver Spirit Brace]

Mana: A Spirit Brace?

[She suddenly gets suited up into a silver Spirit Soldier suit with a star on her left shoulder; she looks down at her new suit]

Mana: No way! Am I...?

Mio's voice: [in Mana's mind] Mana, the power of the crystal you destroyed has purified JB's Demon Soldier energy. You own the power now, and it can never be taken away by evil.

Mana: Mio...

[The ex-Demon Soldiers get equipped with their regular CR-Units and prepare to attack]

Westcott: GET HER!!

[The Wizards fire their weapons at Mana]

Mana: [erects a Sephira Shield] Sephira Shield!

[The shield reflects the projectiles right back at the Wizards, hitting them all]

Mana: [whips out her own Spirit Pistol] So long, Westcott!

[She fires blasts from her pistol at all the villains, hitting them all; the Wizards fall to the ground, engulfing in a massive explosion; Mana teleports out; after the smoke clears, the Wizards lie on the ground, their units destroyed; Westcott is furious]

Westcott: Damn that traitor to Hell! I can't be defeated! How could she?! NO!!!

[Back at the lab, Spirit Soldier Silver reappears before the gang]

Tohka: Uh, girls, who is that?

Kotori: Looks like another Spirit Soldier to me. But who sent her?

[Spirit Soldier Silver retroforms, revealing her identity to the others]

Mana: Told you Mana would be back.

[The others are surprised]

Ryouko: Oh, my God!

Mikie: I don't believe it!

Shido: Mana?!

Origami: You're a Spirit Soldier now?!

Mana: Mm-hmm. Shattering that crystal caused its residual energy to turn Mana's Demon Brace into a Spirit Brace.

Tohka: And by doing that, you also got our braces back online and saved the Fraxinus! You did it, Mana!

[She and Mana hi-five]

Mana: Thanks, Tohka. Well, what's say we get back to the city and take care of the last piece of trash JB left?

Shido: All right, then. Let's do it!

[They all teleport out]

Ryouko: Good luck, everyone.

Mikie: Wow. What a night.

[Back in the Meatpacking District, Shido's group notices Maggotron still on the attack; Maggotron notices them]

Maggotron: Oh, you're all back, eh? You don't know when you're licked.

Mana: We won't be. [reveals her Spirit Brace] Not so long as I have this!

Maggotron: What?! You're one of them now?!

Shido: Everybody suit up!

Shido and all 12 girls: Sephira, GO!

[All 13 get suited up]

Shido: Ace trooper of courage! Spirit Soldier Gold!

Mana: Youth trooper of loyalty! Spirit Soldier Silver!

Origami: Crown trooper of light! Spirit Soldier White!

Nia: Wisdom trooper of revelation! Spirit Soldier Gray!

Kurumi: Understanding trooper of shadows! Spirit Soldier Black!

Yoshino: Kindness trooper of ice! Spirit Soldier Blue!

Kotori: Severity trooper of fire! Spirit Soldier Red!

Mukuro: Beauty trooper of authority! Spirit Soldier Yellow!

Natsumi: Victory trooper of forgery! Spirit Soldier Green!

Kaguya and Yuzuru: Splendor troopers of wind! Spirit Soldier Orange!

Miku: Foundation trooper of sound! Spirit Soldier Fuchsia!

Tohka: Kingdom trooper of energy! Spirit Soldier Violet!

Shido: Spiritual powers of 13, unite as one! Sephira Squadron...!

All 13: Spirit Soldiers!

[A colorful explosion is shown behind them]

Maggotron: As if this matters. Bandersnatch, attack!

[Bandersnatch 2.0 units appear and charge at the Spirit Soldiers]

Shido: Ready, Mana?

Mana: You bet!

Shido: CHARGE!

[The Spirit Soldiers fight the Bandersnatch over the course of the next few minutes]

Mana: [kicks a few Bandersnatch in the emblems] This is awesome! Now I know how it feels to be a Spirit Soldier!

Shido: [punches a few more units out] You ain't seen nothin' yet! Call for the Sephira Blade!

Mana: Right! Sephira Blade!

[The Sephira Blade appears in her right hand]

Mana: Damn, this is cool! Leave Maggotron to me!

[She charges at Maggotron, slicing down many a Bandersnatch with her blade in the process]

Maggotron: We meet again, ex-Wizard! Still playing games, huh?

Mana: This ain't no game! [mounts the blade to her right arm] I don't need to be a Wizard to beat the likes of you! I didn't even need any powers to beat JB!

Maggotron: What?! You mean,... Lady JB is gone?!

Mana: She perished in our fight at the quarry.

Maggotron: [growls] You're gonna pay now!

[He charges at Mana with his staff; Mana slices it in half with her blade]

Maggotron: My staff!

Mana: [as her blade glows] Give my regards to your fellow Demonoids! Sephira Blade, Silver Slice!

[She jumps up and slices Maggotron with her blade, electrifying him; Maggotron screams, falls to the ground, and engulfs in an explosion; one of his chips flies out of the smoke; Mana slices it with her blade]

Shido: WHOO! That's my sister!

Kotori: Way to go, Mana!

Mana: Now for the other chip.

[Suddenly, the Giga Beam blasts the remains of Maggotron from above, restoring and enlarging him]

Maggotron: If you can crush me again!

Shido: Mana, I hope you know how to pilot a mecha.

Mana: Nothing like a little hands-on experience. Send in the Sephira Racer!

[The Sephira Racer charges into the scene; Mana jumps into the cockpit and takes the wheel]

Mana: [inputs the codes on the console] Let's check out the Hyperdrive!

[Outside, the Sephira Racer goes into Hyperdrive, charging at Maggotron at 200 MPH; Maggotron tries to intercept with his staff, but the Sephira Racer, glowing with silver aura, is too fast]

Mana: Maximum Hyperdrive!

[The racer strikes Maggotron hard]

Maggotron: Curse you, Spirit Soldier Silver! Curse you and your lousy car!

Mana: I'll show you a lousy car. [turns the key to the right] Sephira Racer, assume Battle Formation!

[The Sephira Racer takes on Battle Formation and gets equipped with its saber]

Maggotron: Too bad it's different this time. Your brother is not piloting that contraption like he was before. He couldn't even beat me.

Mana: Only because you had a partner, and look where he ended up.

Maggotron: I underestimated you Spirit Soldiers then, but I won't now!

[He and the Sephira Racer fight with their weapons]

Maggotron: [unleashes lightning from his staff at the Sephira Racer] Now you're toast!

[The Sephira Racer takes the blasts, but continues charging]

Maggotron: I don't believe it! It didn't even scratch her!

Mana: Sephira Kick!

[The Sephira Racer jumps up high and side-kicks Maggotron, who again tries to shield himself, but fails and takes the brunt]

Maggotron: Alone, you're helpless!

[Suddenly, the Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene, line up, and charge at Maggotron at supersonic speed, striking right through him and knocking him to the ground]

Maggotron: Spoke too soon.

Mana: Thanks for the backup, guys!

Shido: Ready for some teamwork, Mana?

Mana: Am I ever?!

All 13 Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Max Robo, begin transformation!

[The 11 Sephira Voyagers combine to form the Sephira Ultra Robo, which then combines with the Sephira Racer to form the Sephira Max Robo]

[Cut to the Sephira Max Robo's cockpit with all 13 Spirit Soldiers]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Max Robo, complete!

Mana: Now to blast this bug to kingdom come!

[Cut back outside]

Maggotron: Oh, yeah?! Try this!

[He unleashes a long tongue and wraps it tightly around the Sephira Max Robo, which struggles to try and get free; Maggotron laughs as he taps his tongue with his staff, causing the tongue to drain the Sephira Max Robo's energy]

Maggotron: Even with my creator and her other Demonoids gone, I can still finish the job and become Westcott's newest general!

[Cut back to the cockpit; sparks fly]

Origami: Energy levels are dropping fast!

Yoshino: How do we stop him?!

Tohka: Maybe we can destroy his staff!

Shido: If only we could get our hands free so we can use the lance!

Mana: Or maybe we can use our own weapons!

Origami: Yes! The Sephira Enforcer! Great idea, Mana!

Shido: [activates autopilot] Engaging autopilot! Everyone, out of the cockpit!

[Everyone exits the cockpit and rushes to the top of the Sephira Max Robo]

Shido: Spirit Soldiers, let's bring our weapons together!

[They all combine their standard weapons:]

Shido: Spirit Knuckles!

Origami: Spirit Launcher!

Yoshino: Spirit Axe!

Kotori: Spirit Lance!

Miku: Spirit Shamisen!

Tohka: Spirit Saber!

[They combine their weapons to form the Sephira Bazooka]

Nia: Spirit Launcher!

Kurumi: Spirit Musket!

Mukuro: Spirit Halberd!

Natsumi: Spirit Broomstick!

Kaguya and Yuzuru: Spirit Crossbows!

[They combine their weapons to form the Sephira Buster]

Mana: Sephira Blade!

[She combines her blade with the Sephira Bazooka and Sephira Buster to form the Sephira Enforcer]

Sprit Soldiers: Sephira Enforcer!

[They point it at Maggotron's staff]

Shido: Here we go, guys!

[The Sephira Enforcer's power levels rise]

Shido: Ready!

Mana: Aim!

All 13: FIRE!!

[The Sephira Enforcer unleashes a colorful burst of spiritual energy upon Maggotron's staff and tongue, blasting them; the staff shatters to pieces and hits the ground; the severed tongue retracts back into Maggotron, sending him flying back and yowling in excruciating pain; the Sephira Max Robo's energy levels revert to normal]

Shido: Yes! We did it!

Mana: Let's finish him off!

[The Spirit Soldiers return to the cockpit; the Sephira Max Robo's Sephira Max Lance appears in its hands and energizes to full power; the Sephira Max Robo raises it to the sky]

Maggotron: [gets back up] You think your lousy lance will kill me?! Try again, Spirit Brats!

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Spirit Soldiers: Maximum Double Slash! FINAL ATTACK!!

[Outside, the Sephira Max Robo bisects Maggotron with the sword end of its lance, then does the same with the spear end; Maggotron screams and falls to the ground, engulfing in a massive explosion]

[Cut back to the cockpit; the Spirit Soldiers cheer]

Mana: I knew we'd do it, Big Brother!

Shido: Welcome to the team, Mana.

[He and Mana shake hands]

Mana: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...!

All 13: Spirit Soldiers!

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, the 10 ex-Demon Soldier Wizards tremble before Westcott, all shackled]

Westcott: You 10 cost me the crystal. You cost me a general. You let the traitor get away, twice.

Wizard A: Please, Master! We did our best! She was just too much for us!

Wizard B: Only Lady JB had the power to stop her!

Wizard C: And even she couldn't do it!

Wizard D: Why didn't you help?!

Wizard E: You're our boss!

Westcott: Enough excuses.

[He assumes his Demonoid form]

Westcott: Without the crystal, I can never recreate the Demon Soldiers, and without JB, you weak Wizards are useless to me.

[His blade appears mounted to his right arm; the Wizards gaze in horror as he raises it]

Westcott: Goodbye.

[He swings his blade, lopping off the Wizards' heads, then returns to human form; Nervadrone enters and notices the Wizards' decapitated bodies]

Nervadrone: Those pitiful fools. Allow me to bury them, sir.

Westcott: Be my guest.

[Nervadrone sets to work; ZIEG enters with Delta and Epsilon, still under his spell]

Westcott: Well, it's about time you showed up.

ZIEG: We monitored the Maggotron battle. I understand it's a shocker that the Wizard who betrayed you, despite losing her powers, became a Spirit Soldier.

Westcott: To add insult to injury, even before she became a Spirit Soldier, she killed JB.

ZIEG: JB,... gone? Hmm...

Westcott: I know what you're going to say to me. I am not promoting you. I've already given JB's position to Nervadrone.

ZIEG: Uh, no, sir. It's not that. When next you plan an attack, I recommend sending Delta and Epsilon out into the field.

Westcott: [snickers] Very well, but they have one last opportunity to capture the Spirit Soldiers and bring them to me. I still haven't forgiven them for deserting me.

ZIEG: If they do fail, allow me to finish them for you. These two are my responsibility, after all.

Westcott: Very well. But remember that your Demonoids, though very strong, all failed you.

ZIEG: Even combined, they're all inferior to each of these two.

Westcott: Whatever the case, don't any of you fail me.

[ZIEG bows and leaves; Delta and Epsilon follow him]

Westcott: When next we fight, Spirit Soldiers, you will bow before me. [clenches his fists] All 13 of you.

[Back at the Fraxinus, Shido's group (back to normal) is gathered with the crew, Ryouko, and Mikie on the bridge]

Elliot: Congratulations, Spirit Soldiers. You've done an excellent job against Maggotron.

MARIA: And special congratulations to you, Mana. By destroying Westcott's crystal, not only did you destroy the energy field and become a Spirit Soldier, but you saved the whole crew, and the Spirit Soldiers.

Kurumi: You were very brave, Mana. You fought Maggotron, JB, and the Demon Soldiers, and you even infiltrated Westcott's base, all without using your powers.

Origami: And thanks to you, JB is dead.

Nia: She should've known better than to underestimate you, kiddo.

Natsumi: Who knew you'd be the one to kill her?

Kaguya: You really nailed her tonight.

Yuzuru: Commendation. You have the heart of a lion.

Yoshino: Plus, those kendo classes you took really paid off, didn't they?

Yoshinon: What a girl! What a girl!

Mukuro: Not to mention your training with your brother and Kurumi in martial arts.

Miku: You didn't become a blue belt for nothing.

Kotori: From a sister to a sister, I tip my hat to you.

Tohka: You're a true hero, Mana. We couldn't ask for a better friend.

[She and Mana shake hands]

Mana: Thanks, you guys. You know, back in the quarry, for a moment, Mana almost gave up. But then I realized, it's not cosmic power that empowers me. It's who I am in my heart that does. An honorable girl, a loyal friend, and a loving sister. I'm glad I'm one of you now.

Shido: No, Mana. Power or no, you always were. One of the team, and one of the family.

Mana: [in tears] Oh, Big Brother.

[The whole group gathers for a hug]

Mana: We've still got a lot of work ahead of us.

Shido: I know. Now that Westcott's already lost three generals, we'll need all the help we can get.

Ellen: You're right, Shido. But I'll have to go through some strict training. [gets out of her seat] After all, even though I'm working with you now, I'm still a bit... [suddenly trips and falls to the floor] ...of a klutz. [giggles]

Karen: Mm-hmm. [helps her sister up] I'm sure we'll have you in top form in no time.

Ellen: Right.

[Shido and the girls laugh]

Shido: Next time: Inside-Out Attack.

Last edited by TVLubber (8/18/2023 7:00 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera