ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2023 10:50 pm  #1

Side-Fic 354: Inside-Out Attack

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Origami: Remember, folks, watch the show in a brightly-lit room, and sit as far as you can from the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[132 Madison Street, Wednesday, November 20th, 11:45am]

[Origami trains Brittany in martial arts; Brittany attempts a high kick]

Origami: That's a good girl. Remember, extend your leg as much as possible for extra kicking power.

Brittany: Understood, sensei.

[She steps back, then does a high kick, extending her right leg further than the last time]

Origami: Wonderful. Let's take it from the top now.

Brittany: Right.

[They continue their training; Shido and Tohka look on as Shido feeds baby Chiyo]

Tohka: Origami's really into this.

Shido: It's cool the way Brittany looks up to her. She may have been a Kaleido Gladiator longer than Origami's been a Spirit Soldier, but these kids deserve a positive role model like her.

Tohka: You hear that, Chiyo? Your mommy's a role model.

[Chiyo giggles]

[After minutes of rigorous training, Origami and Brittany take their seats on a bench]

Origami: You've done well, Brittany. Just remember, you never know when you and the other Gladiators are needed again, and the Demonoids are madder than ever.

Brittany: I know. JB's gone, Mana's a Spirit Soldier now. So much has happened over the year. Westcott's lost way more than he's gained.

[Alvin approaches, handing the girls each a towel]

Alvin: You two have been at it for almost two hours. I think you're ready for a lunch break.

Origami: Now that you mention it, I could go for a chicken pita wrap, a Greek salad, and some lemonade.

Alvin: [opens up DoorDash on his phone and adds said items to the cart] Okay. Brittany?

Brittany: I feel like fried chicken, fries, and a Pepsi, zero sugar.

Origami: Those are good choices, Brittany, but remember, what you eat makes a big difference in how you feel, both physically and mentally. Treat it with respect, and you'll have no regrets.

Brittany: Yes, ma'am. Alvin, scratch the chicken. I'll have what Origami's having.

Alvin: [duplicates the order] You got it. [turns to Shido and Tohka] You guys want anything?

Origami: [pats Brittany on the head] Good call, my little friend. While we wait for lunch, let's play some Street Fighter II.

Brittany: You're on!

[Neo-DEM HQ, 11:50am]

[The Demonoids have seen it all]

Nervadrone: Haven't I heard enough from that so-called super genius and her preachy platitudes?

ZIEG: Delta and Epsilon have just the Demonoid to attack Spirit Soldier White.

Westcott: You know, Tobiichi is right about one thing. What a human eats is most certainly important. And she's about to get a special surprise in her pita.

[Delta and Epsilon enter with a raven-like Demonoid with a big mouth]

Delta: Master Westcott, Master ZIEG, Lady Nervadrone, our creation is complete.

Epsilon: This is Ravenoid, the most ravenous robotic raven known to man. He can eat anything edible.

Nervadrone: I'll admit, he's one good-looking Demonoid, but how's he gonna get rid of Tobiichi?

Ravenoid: Just watch!

[He shrinks himself down to the size of an ant; Nervadrone's vision zooms in on him]

Ravenoid: Down here! Can't you see?

Nervadrone: We Demonoids are capable of magnification.

Ravenoid: Anyway, to get rid of Tobiichi requires-- Well, let's just call it an inside job.

Westcott: Go, Ravenoid, and attack Tobiichi from the inside-out!

Ravenoid: [vanishes] You got it, boss!

[132 Madison Street, 12:03pm]

[Shido, Tohka, Origami, and Brittany are gathered for lunch, which had just arrived; Ai, Mai, and Mii enter with two White Castle Crave Cases, bags of fries, and three large colas]

Shido: White Castle? Really?

Ai: Hey, all that morning workout builds up a big appetite.

Mai: And that means a big lunch.

Mii: Personally, I think it's lame, eating 60 sliders and all these fries.

Tohka: [cringes] Don't I know.

Brittany: Tohka, that's not like you. You're a bottomless pit.

Tohka: I may be a big eater, Britt, but I'm not stupid enough to feel like that burger-binger in that comic strip. How he survives eating hundreds of burgers every chapter is beyond me. Besides, no matter what I eat, or how much I eat, I know how to slim down. Whatever weight I gain goes straight to my boobs.

Origami: See what I mean, Brittany? Ai and Mai are showing a good example of how not to treat your body.

Brittany: Tell me about it. I like burgers once in a while, but 60 in one meal? Forget it!

Shido: Hey, Tohka, you know, you need to respect your body, too. After all, you're gonna be a mother soon.

Tohka: I know, Shido. [takes a bite from her sandwich] But this is common among pregnant women. It's only been about two months, and already, I'm craving. Betcha Miku feels the same way.

[Miku returns, eating cream puffs]

Miku: Hi, guys. [notices Tohka munching on her sandwich] Boy, you're really packing it in, Tohka.

Tohka: Same to you. Where'd you get all those cream puffs?

Miku: I picked 'em up at a bakery on my way back from the gig. They're totally yummy. I bought enough for everyone.

Shido: Thanks, Miku. But you know what other kind of pastry  is yummy? Zeppole. Mana and I had our share of that stuff during our shifts at the pizza parlor.

[Outside, Mana, Mikie, and Mildred are jogging around the block with Ryouko]

Mikie: I hope that it's not too overwhelming now that you're a Spirit Soldier.

Mana: Admittedly, Mana does have much to learn. Just hearing the Spirit Braces beep still makes Mana a little nervous. But I don't wanna let my brother down, nor the rest of the team.

Mildred: Don't worry. You'll do great.

[Suddenly, Mana stops in her tracks as she hears something in her head]

Westcott: [in Mana's mind] Attack Tobiichi from the inside-out! Attack her from the inside-out!

[Ryouko and the other two stop and notice]

Ryouko: Mana, you okay?

Mana: Ryouko, I think I just heard what Westcott has planned.

Ryouko: What are you talking about?

Mana: I'm picking up his thoughts. Origami's in trouble! We gotta go back!

[She runs off; the others follow]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, Westcott has seen it all]

Westcott: It appears we've hit a snag in your little plan, ZIEG.

ZIEG: What snag?

Westcott: Remember when Mana Takamiya's Demon Brace transformed into a Spirit Brace, thus making her a Spirit Soldier?

ZIEG: Yes.

Westcott: It seems as though there's still some residual effects. She's picking up my thoughts. Now no plan is safe from that traitor!

ZIEG: I'll send the Bandersnatch to keep her occupied!

[Back at Madison Street, Mana and the other girls are almost at the warehouse when the Bandersnatch appear]

Mikie: Oh, not these overgrown bots again!

Ryouko: Everyone stay calm. Mana, you know what to do.

Mana: Right. [activates her Spirit Brace] Sephira, GO!

[She gets suited up]

Mana: Tell Westcott he stands no chance against Spirit Soldier Silver!

[She fights the Bandersnatch with her Sephira Blade; Ryouko, Mikie, and Mildred join her in the fight]

Ryouko: Assume the position, girls!

[Mikie and Mildred crouch down as if to give push-ups, then kick a pair of attacking Bandersnatch in the emblems, vaporizing them; two more charge, but Ryouko conks them in the head and punches them in the emblems, destroying them]

Mana: Tell Westcott if he or his generals should continue to mess with Big Brother and his harem, Mana will kick their asses 'til the cows come home!

[The other three girls round up the remaining Bandersnatch in a line and tie them up tightly]

Ryouko: Now!

Mana: Sephira Blade, Silver Slice!

[She swings her glowing blade, slicing each Bandersnatch in half, and destroying them all]

Mana: Retroform!

[She reverts to normal]

Mana: We gotta hurry!

[The girls run off]

[Back at the warehouse, Origami is 3/4 of the way done with her pita; unbeknownst to anyone, Ravenoid appears, still shrunken; he crawls into the pita]

Ravenoid: As long as she doesn't chew on me, the plan should work. She'll be forced to eat enough food until she's at a point where she can't fight anymore, leaving her helpless against Westcott.

Origami: [picks up the rest of the pita] Well, down the hatch.

[She eats the last of her pita; inside her stomach, Ravenoid descends to the bottom]

Ravenoid: All righty! It's feeding time!

[Outside, Origami finishes her lemonade, then starts to feel funny]

Origami: Hmm...

Tohka: Origami, you okay?

Origami: More than okay. I'm suddenly really hungry.

[She notices Ai, Mai, and Mii full of food, with quite a lot of sliders and fries left over]

Origami: You three--

Ai: [burps] We're full, super genius. Take what's left.

Origami: Thanks.

[She takes what's left and starts eating]

Brittany: [after finishing her pita and lemonade] Uh, Origami, what was all that about what you eat affecting what you do?

Origami: Never mind.

Shido: You need something to wash that down? You're out of lemonade. [hands her what's left of his soda] Here.

Origami: Thanks, dear.

[She guzzles down the soda]

Mai: We'd better bail, guys. We promised Charlotte and Julie we'd help out at the DA's office's bake sale.

Ai: Totally.

[They head out]

Mii: Dessert. So yummy, it's lame.

Ai and Mai: [drag her away] Come on, Mii!

[As the trio leaves, Kotori, Yoshino, Mukuro, and Natsumi arrive]

Kotori: Bro, what's gotten into Origami?

Yoshino: This isn't like her. She usually only eats fast food once in a while.

Yoshinon: Hypocrisy at its peak.

Brittany: No kidding. Origami, I've looked up to you for four years. I didn't expect you to be a total fraud!

[She leaves for her room]

Mukuro: See what you did there, Origami? You totally hurt Brittany's feelings.

Natsumi: Girl, too much of that stuff's bad for you. Plus, onions in burgers can give you gas.

Origami: So I'll order burgers without onions next time around. One night of gas won't kill me.

[Mana and the other three girls return to the warehouse]

Mana: Kotori, that side-effect of my Spirit Brace you were talking about before--

Kotori: Yeah?

Mana: I think I felt it earlier. I heard Westcott's voice saying he was gonna attack Origami from the inside out.

Kotori: Origami, I think we should let the crew run a diagnostic check on you.

Origami: [finishes her last slider] There's nothing wrong with me a good cream puff won't cure. [takes a cream puff]

Kotori: Gee, this is more serious than I thought.

Shido: [hands Chiyo to Ryouko] We better get to the lab and contact the Fraxinus. Origami, stay here. We're gonna find out what's wrong.

Origami: No problem.

Ryouko: [takes Chiyo to the nursery] I'll put the baby down for her nap.

[Everyone else heads for the lab, leaving Origami on the table eating]

[In the lab, the gang sends a transmission to the Fraxinus]

Shido: Elliot, there's something wrong with Origami.

Elliot: Just a moment, Shido. Our sensors have picked up Demonoid activity.

Mana: I already took out the Bandersnatch.

[The monitor opens a channel to the Demonoid's location: Origami]

Miku: I don't get it. All I see is Origami.

Ellen: I'll set it on x-ray.

[The monitor now shows an x-ray of Origami's stomach, revealing Ravenoid]

Shido: A Demonoid in Origami's stomach?! Someone transport her to the sick bay, pronto!

Kotori: We can't do that! If we do, that'll give Westcott the opportunity to force the Demonoid out of Origami's stomach and attack the ship while we least expect it!

Tohka: I'm just surprised he's not doing it in the warehouse.

Kotori: He has no reason to, especially with the Cosmo Cats, Crystal Exceeds, and us shacking up here with a Kaleido Gladiator and three Spider Riders.

Mana: But we can't just let that Demonoid stay inside of Origami.

Elliot: In a crisis like this, we have to remain calm.

Miku: I'll let Brittany know. [heads upstairs]

Shido: I'll contact Kurumi and the others.

[Back in the Chipettes' room, Brittany plays chess with Jeanette while Eleanor dribbles a soccer ball]

Brittany: [moves her pawn] Can you believe that Origami, Jeanette? She teaches me about eating sensibly, yet she goes ahead and eats tons of junk food.

Jeanette: [moves her bishop] There has to be something off with this, Brittany. Origami would never stoop to hypocrisy.

Eleanor: If anything, I'm guessing the Demonoids are playing with her head.

Miku: [enters] More like her tummy.

Eleanor: Oh, hi, Miku.

Brittany: [moves her rook] Check.

Jeanette: Just a sec, Miku. [moves her queen] Checkmate.

Brittany: Oh, great.

Miku: Jeanette, Eleanor, I'd like a little private conference with Brittany, if you please.

Jeanette: Come on, Ellie. [takes her duel disk] Time for Duel Monsters practice.

Eleanor: [takes her duel disk] Always ready.

[The two Chipettes head upstairs]

Miku: [sits on Brittany's bed] How 'bout a little lap talk?

Brittany: I don't see why not.

[She sits on Miku's lap]

Brittany: So, what's all this about the Demonoids playing with Origami's stomach?

Miku: The Fraxinus crew just found out that Westcott sent a Demonoid to mess with Origami's eating habits. You see, there's this bird-like Demonoid who shrunk down to the size of a bug and slipped himself in Origami's food.

Brittany: She swallowed a Demonoid?! That's disgusting!

Miku: I know. And he's capable of eating anything edible, which puts Origami in grave danger. And remember that scene from the trailer of the second Wreck-It Ralph movie?

Brittany: Oh, yeah, Ralph feeds pancakes to a pink bunny over and over until he literally explodes. But there was a Monty Python movie that had something similar.

Miku: Oh, The Meaning of Life. I haven't forgotten that one. I almost puked when I first saw it.

Brittany: So did Quentin Tarantino, and he usually likes that kind of stuff. [gasps] Oh, my God! That means Origami's in danger of exploding!

Miku: Let's not panic, Britt. Let's just find Origami and tell her what's wrong.

Brittany: Isn't she at the dining table?

Miku: No. I looked. [shows Brittany a text on her phone] She left this text.

Brittany: [reads the text] "Out to dessert. Be back soon." The bake sale!

[Alvin passes by the door, until he overhears what Brittany just said]

Alvin: What's that about a bake sale, Brittany? And why that kind of reaction?

Brittany: Alvin, Charlotte and Julie are holding the DA's office's annual bake sale at ACME Crime Net HQ. Ai, Mai, and Mii are volunteer saleswomen.

Miku: Origami's under some sort of eating spell, and we think she might be at the bake sale scarfing everything down!

Alvin: Uh-oh. [approaches his room] Simon! Theodore! Emergency!

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 12:44pm]

[Ai, Mai, and Mii are selling sweets at the bake sale]

Ai: [hands pastries to a customer] Here you are, sir. Enjoy, and thanks for contributing to the NYFSC.

Mai: Isn't this something, Mii?

Mii: Well worth seeking my teeth into, I'll admit.

Ai: I figure whatever we don't sell by the end of the day, we keep. Charlotte and Julie won't throw it out, and neither will DA Flynn. All we have to do is make sure we still have something left unsold.

[Origami enters]

Origami: Hi, girls.

Mai: Oh, look, Ai. Hurricane Origami.

Origami: [takes 26 chocolate chip cookies] I'll have two baker's dozens of these. [eats the cookies]

Ai: 50 cents a cookie. That's $13.

Origami: [eats four lemon tarts] And these, too.

Mii: $1 for four tarts.

Origami: [swallows, then takes 12 brownies] How much for these?

Mai: $6. And it's cash only at this bake sale.

Origami: [hands them a 20 as she stuffs brownies into her face] Here you go.

Ai: Thank you.

Origami: I'd eat more, but I'm a little short of cash. I'll have to stop at an ATM and come back later.

[The Chipmunks rush in]

Alvin: Origami!

Origami: Oh, hello, boys.

Simon: We need to talk to you immediately.

Origami: I'm in the middle of dessert.

Alvin: We'll talk while you're eating. Now, let's go.

[He and Simon drag Origami out with her desserts as she continues eating her sweets; Theodore stands by]

Ai: Yes, Theodore?

Theodore: [hands Ai a 10] 20 oatmeal raisin cookies to go, please.

Mai: [hands Theodore a box of 20 oatmeal raisin cookies] Here you go, kid. Enjoy.

Theodore: Thanks. [runs after his brothers] Alvin! Simon! Wait up!

[Central Park, 1:11pm]

[Brittany, the Chipmunks, and Shido's group (now joined by Kurumi, Nia, and the Yamai twins, but minus Ryouko, Mikie, and Mildred) approach Tavern on the Green as Origami continues eating what she bought]

Origami: I don't believe this. All this time, I've been eating so much junk food because of a ravenous raven of a Demonoid inside me?

Kotori: I'm afraid so.

Brittany: Origami, I'm really sorry I ever lost faith in you. Miku told me everything.

Origami: Don't worry about it, Brittany. It's all Westcott's fault. Not ours. [eats another cookie] But how are we going to get that Demonoid out of my stomach? I'll try anything.

Tohka: Hmm... [stares at Tavern on the Green] It's crazy, but it's worth trying. Theodore, I'm gonna need your help. The rest of you, stand by.

[She and Theodore enter the restaurant]

Alvin: Knowing those two, they'll probably stop for a bite to eat.

Simon: Alvin! Just trust them.

[Later, Tohka and Theodore come out dragging a wagon with a large pyramid of...]

Tohka: [sings] 10 chocolate layer cakes!

Kaguya: 10 cakes? Tohka, how can you afford all these?!

Yuzuru: Quip. You've been watching too much puppet shows.

Tohka: Ratatoskr spares no expense. Remember?

Origami: My God, those look good.

Brittany: Before you dive in, Origami, remember what you told me about bodily respect.

Nia: She's right. Treat your body like a temple.

Origami: Like a temple.

[Inside her, Ravenoid is growing impatient]

Ravenoid: Aw, come on, lady! Hurry up and eat! Scarf down those cakes!

[Outside, Origami tries to dive for the cakes, but starts to resist]

Kurumi: That's right, Origami. Stay strong, and you can beat the Demonoid.

Shido: We believe in you.

[Origami inhales deeply, then exhales deeply]

[Inside her, Ravenoid is furious]

Ravenoid: That does it! I've had it with this gig! Time to destroy her the old fashioned way!

[He flies out of Origami's stomach, forcing her to spit him out; Ravenoid reverts to his normal size]

Ravenoid: Lemme tell you, you sure could use a mint or two!

Origami: Well, look who's talking! Everybody suit up!

Chipmunks: [release their Battle Spiders] Spider out! Arachna Power!

Brittany: Kaleido Power!

Shido's group: Sephira, GO!

[All 17 get suited up]

Origami: It's time we curbed your appetite.

Ravenoid: Suit yourselves, but you're dealin' with Ravenoid here, and I'm one tough cookie!

Origami: I'll show you a tough cookie! [tosses a cookie at Ravenoid like a ninja throwing star] Eat this!

[Ravenoid gets struck by the cookie in the head]

Ravenoid: Nobody told me to adapt to ninja cookies!

Theodore: There's more where that came from!

[He tosses two of his cookies at Ravenoid, knocking him back]

Shido: Enough wasting food, guys! Let's shut his motormouth permanently!

[The gang fights Ravenoid throughout the next two minutes with their weapons]

Ravenoid: You're biting off more than you can chew!

Brittany: Oh, hardly!

[She kicks Ravenoid toward a tree, then pokes him with her blade]

Alvin: Dagger!

Simon: Flame!

Theodore: Brutus!

Battle Spiders: [surround Ravenoid on all sides] Spider threads!

[They tie him up with their webs, on which the Chipmunks charge]

Alvin: Blade of Lightning!

Simon: Fire Bolt!

Theodore: Morning Star!

All three: Triple Strike!

[They strike Ravenoid simultaneously, then jump back]

Ravenoid: No fair!

Brittany: You weren't being fair when you almost made me lose faith in my sensei and quit martial arts. YumeBlade, Dream Swing!

[She swings her glowing blade, firing a wave of mauve energy at Ravenoid, hitting him hard]

Brittany: He's all yours, Spirit Soldiers!

Origami: Thanks, Brittany! Spirit Soldiers, assemble Sephira Enforcer!

[The Spirit Soldiers combine their weapons]

Origami: Ready!

Mana: Aim!

All 13 Spirit Soldiers: FIRE!!

[The Sephira Enforcer unleashes a colorful burst of spiritual energy upon Ravenoid, hitting him hard; Ravenoid screams, falls to the ground, and engulfs in a massive explosion; one of his chips flies out of the smoke; Origami blasts it to pieces with her Spirit Pistol]

Origami: Easy-peasy.

[Suddenly, the Giga Beam appears from the sky and restores and enlarges Ravenoid]

Ravenoid: Jeez! You guys are hardly gonna make me a light snack. But don't think I'm alone in this fight!

[10 giant Bandersnatch appear]

Mana: Giant Bandersnatch?! Westcott must be thinking of everything now.

Shido: Time to put it in high gear.

Spirit Soldiers: Send in the Sephira Robo!

[The Sephira Robo flies into the scene; the Spirit Soldiers jump into the cockpit]

Alvin: Flash Formosa!

[The Flash Formosa crawls into the scene; the Chipmunks board the cockpit; the Flash Formosa assumes Fighter Mode]

Brittany: MechaDove!

[The MechaDove flies into the scene; Brittany flies into the cockpit]

Brittany: Let's give these Demonoids a taste of what three mecha can do!

Tor's voice: Better double that!

[The Exceed Blaze King, Primal Blaze King, and Diamond Dragon (Fighter Mode) charge into the scene]

[Cut to the Sephira Robo's cockpit with the Spirit Soldiers]

Shido: Hey, Tor! What's up?!

[Cut to the Exceed Blaze King's cockpit with Exceeds Ruby, Amethyst, and Emerald]

Tor: Mr. Steele heard from Mr. Woodman you needed some backup.

Lilith: We wouldn't dare miss out on all the action.

Julie: Yeah. So we jumped in.

[Cut to the Primal Blaze King's cockpit with Exceeds Cobalt and Topaz]

Tomoe: Good thing we'd just finished a case in SoHo.

Miyabi: Plus, we heard what Ravenoid did to you, Origami.

[Cut to the Diamond Dragon's cockpit with Exceed Diamond]

Imari: It was totally gross! Thank God you got him outta your stomach.

[Cut back outside]

Alvin: Well, well, well, Ravenoid. You may have us outnumbered, but remember, the term "strength in numbers" doesn't apply to evil!

Ravenoid: It will when I'm done with you! Attack!

[The Bandersnatch charge at the Flash Formosa, MechaDove, and Exceeds' mecha while Ravenoid himself fights the Sephira Robo]

Brittany: Ladies first?

Tor: Go right ahead, Britt!

[The MechaDove takes to the sky, surrounded by mauve aura]

Brittany: MechaDove, Dove Dive!

[The MechaDove dives town toward two Bandersnatch; it screeches and strikes the Bandersnatch hard in the emblems, destroying them]

Brittany: Imari!

Imari: Diamond Dragon, Blazing Slash! Final attack!

[The Diamond Dragon's sword ignites; it strikes two more Bandersnatch in the emblems with it; the Bandersnatch explode]

Imari: Tomoe! Miyabi!

Tomoe: Primal Katana!

Miyabi: Primal Slash!

Tomoe and Miyabi: Final attack!

[The Primal Blaze King charges at two Bandersnatch, then strikes them in the emblem with the Primal Katana, vaporizing them]

Tomoe: The rest of you!

Lilith: Crystal Javelin!

Julie: Lukifer Slash!

Tor: Final attack!

[The Exceed Blaze King slashes another two Bandersnatch in the emblem hard with the Crystal Javelin, destroying them]

Tor: Finish 'em off, boys!

Alvin: Thanks, Tor! Flash Formosa, Crimson Flash!

All three Chipmunks: FINAL ATTACK!

[The Flash Formosa fires a flash of crimson light from the center of its chest at the last remaining Bandersnatch, vaporizing them]

Alvin: Giant Bandersnatch are no match for true teamwork.

Tor: It's all up to the Spirit Soldiers now.

[Ravenoid flies toward the Sephira Robo, but the Sephira Robo leaps over it, grabs him by the talons, and flips him on his back; Ravenoid gets back to his feet]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Robo saber! Spiritual Strike! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Sephira Robo gets equipped with its saber; it raises its saber and strikes Ravenoid hard with it; Ravenoid screams, then engulfs in a massive explosion; his second chip flies out and explodes]

[The Sephira Robo and Exceed Blaze King bump fists and nod at each other]

Tor: And that's checkmate! Kouryou Squadron...!

All six Exceeds: Crystal Exceeds!

Origami: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...!

All 13 Spirit Soldiers: Spirit Soldiers!

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG is furious]

ZIEG: I told those fools to build me the ultimate Demonoid, and they failed to deliver.

Westcott: And you failed to deliver on your promise, just like before. Continue on this track, and you'll never get anywhere in this organization. I may even terminate you.

ZIEG: Epsilon!

Epsilon: [approaches] Yes, master?

ZIEG: When next we attack, I'm sending you into battle. I'm done sending lesser Demonoids out to just blow up.

Epsilon: I swear, I'll crush them before I bring them here.

Westcott: She had better, ZIEG. But beware. [exits]

[132 Madison Street, 6:33pm]

[In the Shido's group's bathroom, Origami measures her waist, then steps on the scale]

Origami: [sighs] Thank God that fight took off a lot of weight.

[She gets dressed, then exits the bathroom, then the guest room, then heads for the game room, where Brittany is playing Super Street Fighter II on SNES]

Origami: Going super, I see.

Brittany: Hey, Origami. [pauses] Up for another game?

Origami: Sure, but first I wanna tell you something. I overheard you almost quit our class because of the Demonoids making me eat too much junk food.

Brittany: That was before I heard the truth.

Origami: That would've been the same, 'cause you're one of my top students. I'm glad you reconsidered. Look, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but...

Brittany: Don't worry. Ravenoid made you do it.

Origami: There's more. When it comes to martial arts, it's not about believing in your instructor. It's about believing in yourself, what you are, and what you can become.

Brittany: You're right about that,... sensei.

Origami: We'll start on our next class same time tomorrow. Remember to practice bright and early.

Brittany: [resets the game] You got it.

[They bump fists]

Origami: All right. [grabs another controller] Let's play.

Brittany: I get Chun-Li.

Origami: I'm Cammy.

[The rest of the gang (also back to normal) has seen it all]

Tomoe: You know, Tor, all that Origami had been through reminds me--

Tor: Please, Tomoe, let's not through that again. I know, as leader of the Crystal Exceeds, I need to stay in shape and eat more sensibly, and I have.

Tomoe: As an Exceed, yes, but as my husband, you still gotta work on eating more sensibly.

Alvin: Oh, Tomoe, take it easy. He's done so much work, he always builds up an appetite.

Simon: Just look at Theodore.

[Theodore is nearly finished with his chicken parmesan]

Tomoe: I get that, boys, but that chicken parmesan has light sauce.

Lilith: You know we always eat Italian cuisine with light sauce, Tomoe.

Tor: Too much sauce takes the zest out of the cheese.

Tomoe: That's just like you guys, only eating what's good for you if it's really delicious. [sighs] All right, all right. You made your points. Training and the real fighting is diet enough.

[Nearby, Ai, Mai, and Mii lie down on the couch; Ai has light smears of chocolate sauce on her cheeks; Mai has donut powder on her lips; Mii has icing on the rims of her glasses]

Mii: Great idea, Ai, eating what we don't sell.

Mai: That's it. Come tomorrow, we're dieting.

Ai: If I see another cream puff again, I'm gonna scream my head off.

Shido: Hey, you three. How'd the bake sale go?

Ai: Made a killing. [to her friends] In more ways than one.

[Charlotte enters; the three girls sit up and wipe their faces]

Charlotte: Hey, girls. Sorry Julie couldn't come. She's at Layla's preparing dinner. Anywho, if you have any leftovers, Mr. Flynn wants to donate them to the NYFSC.

Ai: Oh, he does? Well, as it turns out, we don't have any, Charlotte. [sneaks money into the envelope containing the bake sale profits] We sold out by the end of the day. [hands Charlotte the money] Here are the proceeds. [to the other two] Mai, Mii, a little donation for the NYFSC?

[Mai and Mii each hand Charlotte two $20 bills]

Charlotte: Thanks, ladies. And to show my appreciation for your help,... [holds out a large sundae] A sweet, gooey sundae, compliments of Charlotte Sweet.

[Ai and her friends cringe]

Ai: Uh, no, thanks, Charlotte. I think we've seen enough sweets for a while.

Mai: Yeah. Besides, we're dieting.

Mii: Which is lame, but worth it.

Ai: Back to our hotel, ladies!

[The trio rushes out]

Charlotte: What's gotten into them?

[The others shrug]

Charlotte: Oh, well. Can't let this sundae go to waste. [sits down] Want some, Theodore?

Theodore: Thanks, Charlotte!

Tohka: [approaches the table] Save some for me!

Charlotte: Okay. Okay. There's enough for three.

[She hands Theodore and Tohka each a spoon; all three dig into the sundae; everyone else laughs]

Brittany: Next time: Revenge of the Sisters.

Last edited by TVLubber (11/20/2023 7:11 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera