ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2023 8:30 am  #1

Side-Fic 358: Last Chance

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Sophie: Hi, everyone! It's your old pal Sophie! Remember to sit as far away from the monitor as you can, and turn some lights on in your room. Let's go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Neo-DEM HQ, Sunday, November 24th, 9:54am]

[Westcott receives a transmission from Noah Higgenbottom and Harry]

Westcott: Your Demonoid and your robots were a complete waste of money.

Harry: That brat Maya is the one to blame for this.

Noah: Gamebot would've succeeded if it weren't for her.

Westcott: Your excuses only compound matters further. Don't blow it again next time.

[He ends the transmission]

Westcott: Those two charge me too much for their services. Less money means less resources. Nervadrone!

[Nervadrone enters]

Nervadrone: You hollered, sir?

Westcott: Relieve the troops of their posts and summon them back here.

Nervadrone: At once.

[She sends a transmission to numerous locations around the globe]

Nervadrone: Attention, Demonoids! This is Nervadrone, second in command to Isaac Westcott. As you may have already known, my predecessors LN and JB have perished in their battles against the Spirit Soldiers. Our resources are currently running dry, and if we spread what little we have all over the planet, we will have nothing left to defeat the Spirit Soldiers. All forces are to ceasefire and return to headquarters at once! Master Westcott is in need of your assistance. This is an order! To defy it would result in severe punishment.

[In ZIEG's office, ZIEG turns to Delta and Epsilon]

ZIEG: As you two may have heard, Westcott's global forces are regrouping. It looks as though your services may no longer be needed.

Epsilon: Nonsense. We can still fight. Remember you said next time you're given an assignment, you'd send me out?

ZIEG: With Westcott's forces returning, my chance may never come. That's why we must retreat to my secret base to formulate our next strategy.

Epsilon: No. I'll make sure you get the attention you deserve. I'll go out and take on the Spirit Soldiers.

Delta: She's right, ZIEG. But let me go with her.

ZIEG: No. If she's gonna prove her worth, she has to do this on her own. Epsilon, get to the city and lure the Spirit Soldiers out, and don't fail me again.

[Epsilon bows, then exits]

Delta: Epsilon...

ZIEG: Stay right here until I need you. I'm going back to my base.

[He vanishes, then reappears in his secret underground base; he opens a channel to Manhattan, where Epsilon begins her assault]

ZIEG: [in his mind] Just this once.

[132 Madison Street, 10:51am]

[Mana practices kendo on the roof]

Mana: [in her mind] Not a full week has past since I became a Spirit Soldier, and already, we've been through many tough battles. And still, I haven't contributed much to the team. I know I have my own weapon, and my brother gave me the Sephira Racer, but it's still not enough.

[She strikes a training dummy with her shinai repeatedly; Sophie comes upstairs wearing an outfit akin to a Girl Scout uniform]

Sophie: Still practicing, Mana? I know kendo's your hobby, but--

Mana: Hey, Sophie. It's not just the hobby. I'm still trying to keep up with the other Spirit Soldiers. See, I've only been part of the team for five days, but battles have grown more rigorous since we took out three Demonoid generals.

Sophie: As you are, girl, you're doing just fine. I promise you, the Demonoids don't stand a chance against 13 Spirit Soldiers.

[Mana smiles shyly, then stares at Sophie's outfit]

Mana: Sophie, what's with the outfit?

Sophie: Oh, this? It's an ACME Scout Net uniform. Barely fits me. See, every year, on the weekend before Thanksgiving, ACME Crime Net's youth organization: ACME Scout Net, takes a group of pre-teens on a nature hike. Captain Lee is taking the boys to Fort Washington Park, and the Shimon sisters and I volunteered to take the girls to Highbridge Park. The scouts are trying to earn badges that require using a compass.

Mana: Cool. But why'd you girls volunteer if you're not ACME detectives?

Sophie: Tomoe, Miyabi, and Lilith were supposed to take the girls this year, but the Exceeds' train from Newark got delayed. They finally boarded, but by the time they get home, the hike will already have started.

Mana: Couldn't they have taken their car?

Sophie: It's still in the shop. But at least they'll be home in time for lunch.

Mana: Speaking of which, I'd better check on the oven.

[She heads downstairs to the kitchen; Sophie follows]

Sophie: What's on the menu?

Mana: [turns on the oven light] Having worked with my brother at a pizzeria, we're making lasagna. Big Brother and Mana followed the recipe we got from our boss to a T.

Sophie: Mmm. Looks yummy.

Mana: I'll remember to save you some when you get back.

Sophie: Thanks.

[A knock on the door is heard]

Sophie: Oh! That'll be the girls.

[She walks up to the door and opens it, revealing Maya and Mari (in the ACME Scout Net uniforms) with the girls of ACME Scout Net]

Maya: C'mon, Sophie! Nature awaits!

Mari: Are the supplies ready?

Sophie: [grabs a box full of the supplies] All set. Okay, girls. Got your compasses?

Girls: [hold up their compasses] Yes, ma'am.

Sophie: Wonderful!

[Just then, Ai, Mai, and Mii enter with elaborate gadgets]

Sophie: Oh, hey, you three.

Ai: Morning! Just thought we'd like you to know that we've got a complex, yet surefire plan to find the Spirit Soldiers.

Mai: We put all this junk together so we can link with the satellite in the sky.

Mii: Deep in the woods of Inwood Hill Park, we're gonna send out a message.

Mana: Don't mind them, girls. For months, they've been trying to find out who the Spirit Soldiers are in many different ways. They never succeeded.

Ai: But this time, we will.

Maya: I'd be careful if I were you, guys, 'cause what if the fauna in the woods disrupt your signals?

Ai: Oh, don't worry about us, Maya. I assure you, the three of us have everything under control. Not an animal in the world can stop us. C'mon, ladies.

[She and her group get in their rental car and drive off]

Mari: [sighs] Those three.

Sophie: Okay, girls. Let's go.

[She and the girls get in Mari's rental van]

Mana: Have a good hike! [shuts and locks the door] Now for the salad.

[Highbridge Park, 11:12am]

[The ACME Scout Net girls approach the assigned base camp]

Mari: Here we are, girls. Base camp. Break out those compasses.

[The girls do so; Maya hands each of the girls a map]

Maya: The perimeters have been marked with red flags, so you'll know you've gone too far if you find one.

Sophie: And remember to use the buddy system. Go in groups of at least two. If you find yourself lost, just stay where you are and scream for help. 'Kay?

Girls: 'Kay.

Sophie: Good luck.

[The girls split into groups of two or three]

Sophie: Being a scout leader feels kinda fun, doesn't it?

Maya: Yeah. It's too bad I was never a scout when I was little.

Mari: Nor was I.

Sophie: But I remember those fond memories of my days as a Girl Scout before I moved to Japan.

[She has a flashback of herself as a Girl Scout back when she was a child]

Sophie: I loved hanging with the other girls, trying for merit badges, selling cookies door-to-door, and even giving tips to newbs. Sadly, after I finished middle school, I was given the opportunity to study abroad, so I quit the scouts, packed my bags, and moved to Japan.

[Back to the present]

Sophie: [sighs] I miss those days.

Mari: Did you keep those merit badges?

Sophie: My mom has 'em on display where she lives. She's been living in Pittsburgh with my aunt since my dad passed away.

Maya: This hike with the scouts really takes you back, doesn't it?

[Sophie nods]

[Meanwhile, at Inwood Hill Park, Ai, Mai, and Mii have their devices set up; they sit on beach chairs and wait]

Ai: It's only a matter of minutes before we get a transmission.

Mai: Everyone stay alert.

Mii: Roger.

[Elsewhere in Highbridge Park, Epsilon appears]

Epsilon: Now to lure the Spirit Soldiers into battle with one of the new abilities ZIEG gave me.

[She raises her empowered bo staff and spins it around, causing a massive solar storm and distortion in city's magnetic balance; the whole city starts tilting at a 90-degree angle back and forth]

Epsilon: In the name of Master ZIEG, I'll demolecularize the city unless the Spirit Soldiers bend to ZIEG's will! [laughs maniacally]

[Back at the warehouse, Shido's group begins to feel the effects of the distortion]

Shido: What the hell is this?!

Nia: It's almost as if we're caught in a solar storm!

Origami: But there's no solar storm on the radar today!

Tohka: I'm certain this is the Demonoids' doing!

Kotori: Everybody grab on!

[The whole group grabs on to each other tightly]

Kotori: We gotta get to the Fraxinus fast!

Mana: But what about the lasagna?!

Shido: If something goes wrong with it, we'll order out! Kotori, teleport us now!

Kotori: You got it, bro!

[The whole group teleports out]

[Back at Inwood, Ai's group starts to feel the effects, as well]

Mii: What's going on now?!

Mai: It almost looks like a solar storm!

Ai: Which wasn't supposed to happen today! I think the Demonoids did this! We'd better get our asses outta here before it's too late!

[Suddenly, sparks fly from their gadgets]

Mai: Ai, did you see that?!

Ai: I sure did! We finally made contact with the Spirit Soldiers!

[The three girls cheer and dance triumphantly; Mii suddenly looks to her right; there is a group of skunks nearby]

Mii: Uh, guys, I don't think so.

Ai: What's the matter, Mii?

Mii: [points at the skunks] Look!

[Ai and Mai notice the skunks]

Mai: Skunks?! That's not who we wanted to contact!

Ai: Let's ditch the equipment and go!

[She and her group leave]

[Back at Highbridge, three of the girls notice their compasses going haywire]

Tracy: Hey, what's happening?

Melanie: My compass is out of control.

Nora: So's mine.

Tracy: Back to base camp, girls!

[The girls make their way back to base camp as fast as they can; Sophie and the Shimons are waiting with the other girls]

Sophie: Everyone stay together! Whatever's happening here, I'm sure someone will get to the bottom of it.

Maya: Is this a solar storm?

Mari: I think it's much worse!

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, the Demonoids have seen the distortion disaster]

Nervadrone: A severe solar storm? How is this possible?

Westcott: According to our sensors, Epsilon is behind this.

Nervadrone: Shall I destroy her, sir? Her little solar storm trick could end up destroying us.

Westcott: She's currently only targeting the city. Leave her be for the time being.

[Meanwhile, back at ZIEG's underground base, ZIEG has seen it all]

ZIEG: Chaos everywhere, and not a Spirit Soldier in sight to stop it. Delta, if you can read me, take some Bandersnatch and finish off those annoying Scout Net girls.

Delta: [through intercom] Understood!

[Fraxinus EX, 11:31am]

[Shido's group is gathered with the crew; they view Epsilon causing the disaster through the monitor]

MARIA: As you can see, Epsilon is the at the center of all the atmospheric disturbances.

Ellen: The main source of that power is coming from her bo staff, and if it's not destroyed, Earth could disintegrate.

Shido: What about the Akane girls and the scouts, Ellen? Are they okay?

[The alarm blares; the monitor opens a channel to Delta making her way to the base camp with an army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units]

Ellen: Unfortunately no, Shido. Delta is making her way to their base camp with an army of Bandersnatch.

Mana: Let Mana deal with her.

Kotori: No. Let Kotori do it.

Shido: Let Mana handle it for once, Kotori.

Artemisia: Your brother's right, Kotori. You need to help the others against Epsilon and neutralize her staff. It's going to take all your intellect and might.

Kotori: Okay. You're right, Artie.

Tohka: Then let's do this.

Shido: Remember, unless we have no choice, we have to beat Epsilon without killing her. Since ZIEG controls her, whatever he knows about my real parents, Epsilon may know.

MARIA: Good luck, Spirit Soldiers.

Shido's group: Sephira, GO!

[All 13 get suited up and teleport; all except Mana teleport to the center of Highbridge Park, where Epsilon awaits; they charge at her]

Epsilon: Ah! You're here! Maybe not all 13, but it's good enough for me! How 'bout a little polarity switch?!

[Her staff emits a wave of energy at the Spirit Soldiers, pushing them back; Shido leaps to the sky and kicks Epsilon to the ground]

Shido: Tell us what ZIEG knows about my parents, Epsilon, and we'll let you go!

Epsilon: I wouldn't tell you if I knew. Besides, with our enhanced powers, my sister and I will cripple the lot of you until you bend to the will of the Demonoids. And speaking of Delta, she's already deep in the forest set to destroy your friends from that scouting team.

Shido: Not if my sister can help it.

[Back at the scouts' base camp, Delta charges in with an army of Bandersnatch; the scouts clamor with fear]

Delta: You little brats are all mine!

Mari: Try not to panic, girls. Just stay behind us.

Maya: We'll do what we can to keep you safe.

Sophie: Lemme at these guys. [whips out her ID tag] I'll send 'em packin'.

[She imbues her tag with prana, transforming it into her kanabo weapon and equipping her with her Striker uniform]

Delta: Oh! The babe from Akane's got a kanabo, too! Okay. I'm game!

[She and Sophie fight with their kanabo]

Maya: Get her, Sophie!

Mari: Show her what the Strikers are made of!

Sophie: Ever heard of the Great Bambino?

Delta: Who?

[Sophie swings her kanabo like a baseball bat and smacks Delta in the head with it]

Sophie: That was my Babe Ruth swing, named in honor of the Great Bambino himself.

Delta: Bandersnatch, attack the other girls!

[Just before the Bandersnatch can do so, Spirit Soldier Silver teleports into the scene and blocks their path]

Tracy: Wow! It's a Spirit Soldier!

Nora: The new silver one!

Mana: [gives a thumbs-up signal] That's right.

[Maya and Mari wink at her]

Mana: [notices Sophie in battle with Delta] Damn, Sophie! I didn't know you could do that!

Sophie: I'll hold off Delta! Lead the Bandersnatch away from the other girls!

Mana: Right!

[She leads the Bandersnatch as far from the other girls as possible]

Mana: Come and get me, buckets of bolts!

[She fights the enemy units, slicing their emblems with her glowing Sephira Blade in the process to destroy them; the other girls cheer her and Sophie on]

Delta: These childish cheers are really starting to irk me!

Sophie: Not so much as you Demonoids are irking us!

[She kicks Delta backwards]

Delta: Demonoid Cannon!

[She fires a blast from her cannon, which Sophie bats right back with her Babe Ruth swing]

Delta: Take this!

[She bats the blast right back; Sophie does the same; both continue ricocheting the blast at each other]

Delta: Persistent, are we?

Sophie: I should say the same about you!

Mana: I'd say you could use a hand, Sophie!

Sophie: FIRE!

[Mana fires a blast from her Spirit Pistol at Delta, knocking her back; she takes a massive hit from her own cannon blast]

Delta: You dare to play unfair?!

Mana: Typical hypocrisy.

[She and Sophie hi-five]

Sophie: Tell us what you know about the Takamiya parents.

Delta: Okay, I will. Nothing! Because he never told me about any parents by that family name. I never even overheard him talking about them.

Mana: Then Epsilon might know. I'm gonna go after her. Sophie, you get the other girls to safety.

Sophie: You got it.

[Mana teleports out]

Delta: I'm not gonna let that Spirit Soldier get near my sister!

[She vanishes]

Sophie: [disengages kanabo and changes back into her scout uniform] Good luck, Spirit Soldiers.

[Back in the center of the park, Epsilon's battle with the other 12 Spirit Soldiers continues]

Shido: [whips out his Spirit Pistol] I'm gonna cut you down to size unless you spill the beans! [pulls the trigger]

Epsilon: [fires a blast from her staff] Don't think so!

[Shido opens fire, but Epsilon's blast hits the pistol, causing it to backfire on him]

Shido: Sh*t!

Tohka: Let's see if she can take on mine!

[She opens fire, but Epsilon fires another blast at her pistol, causing it to backfire on her]

Tohka: Damn it! Time for my saber.

Shido: Hold it, Tohka! I say we give her a taste of our combined weapons.

[Mana teleports into the scene]

Mana: I'm back, Big Brother!

Shido: Mana, perfect timing! Epsilon's bo staff has the power to cause our firearms to backfire on us.

Mana: And you think that something as powerful as the Sephira Enforcer won't be affected?

Shido: Worth a try.

Mana: Okay, then. Spirit Soldiers, let's combine our weapons!

[All 13 Spirit Soldiers bring their weapons together to form the Sephira Enforcer]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Enforcer!

Epsilon: Hmm. This one may be too much for me. Time to break out the Demonoid Cannon!

[She fires a massive blast from her cannon at the soldiers]

Spirit Soldiers: FIRE!!

[The Sephira Enforcer fires a massive blast at Epsilon's blast; both blast collide and explode, sending the Spirit Soldiers and Epsilon flying backwards]

Epsilon: [spins her staff around and charges at the Spirit Soldiers] If you think I'm gonna lose to that piece of junk of yours, you've got another thing coming!

[As Mana gets back on her feet, Epsilon prepares to strike]

Mana: [charges at Epsilon with her glowing blade] Sephira Blade! SILVER SLICE!!

[She swings her blade, striking Epsilon hard and shattering her staff to pieces]

Epsilon: No! My bo!

[The magnetic distortion starts subsiding]

Epsilon: [electrified] I... I lost? It's just not fair!

[She falls to the ground, engulfing in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Epsilon is in pieces, but one of her chips is still intact]

Kotori: Don't destroy that chip, Mana. She still needs to talk.

[The chip reassembles the pieces, restoring Epsilon]

Epsilon: I'll wipe you all out in round 2 even without my bo. This isn't the end.

[Suddenly, Delta appears]

Delta: Epsilon!

Epsilon: Stand back, sis. This is my fight.

Delta: No. This is our fight. It's clear you can't do this alone.

Origami: We don't wanna fight you two anymore.

Tohka: Just tell us what ZIEG knows about the Takamiya parents.

Epsilon: Takamiya parents? Well, it turns out, I overheard him talk about it one night after we rejoined the Demonoids. But that's all I can give you. As for the rest,...

[She holds up a handheld Giga Beam laser and fires it at herself and Delta, enlarging them]

Epsilon: You have to get through the two of us first!

Mukuro: Muku was afraid this would happen.

Natsumi: This looks like a job for the Sephira Max Robo.

Shido: Let's do this.

All 13 Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Max Robo!

[All 11 Sephira Voyagers and the Sephira Racer enter the scene and combine to form the Sephira Max Robo; the Spirit Soldiers jump into the cockpit]

Delta: How nice of you to come to our little party, Spirit Soldiers!

Epsilon: We've got something that's sure to stick to your ribs!

[Delta's kanabo takes the form of a massive magnet; Delta tosses it at the Sephira Max Robo, sticking it to its chest]

Epsilon: Now for a boost!

[Her eyes glow, causing the magnet to zap the Sephira Max Robo]

Epsilon: And that's just the beginning!

[She and Delta join hands and empower their cannons maximum capacity]

Delta and Epsilon: Demonoid Cannons, full power!

[They fire massive blasts at the Sephira Max Robo, hitting it hard]

Shido: Everybody hang on!

[The Sephira Max Robo gets back on its feet]

Epsilon: You just don't know when to quit, do you?

Delta: [detaches her jetpacks from her back] I'll get 'em for you, Epsy!

[She inputs a code on her jetpacks and tosses them at the Sephira Max Robo]

Kurumi: Careful, guys! They could be a bombs!

[Suddenly, the Exceed Blaze Dragon King jumps in bats the jetpacks right back at the Demonoids with the Dragon Javelin]

Delta: Oh, no! Not again!

[She and Epsilon get struck by the jetpacks, which explode upon impact, knocking them to the ground]

Epsilon: It can't be!

Delta: The Crystal Exceeds?!

[Cut to the Exceed Blaze Dragon King's cockpit w/all six Crystal Exceeds]

Tor: You really thought we'd never show up, didn't you?

Tomoe: No train delay can stop the six of us!

Miyabi: The Spirit Soldiers put a lot of heart and soul into fighting you two.

Lilith: Our assistance is nothing short of a reward for their efforts.

Julie: We'll snap you two out of your brainwashing, even if we have to use force to stop you.

Imari: Forgive us all if it has to be this way.

[The Exceed Blaze Dragon King pries Delta's magnet kanabo in half and off of the Sephira Max Robo's chest]

Delta: My kanabo! How could you?!

Shido: Thanks a bunch, Tor! Now let's take these two down and bring 'em to custody!

Tor: Right!

[The Exceeds channel their souls into the Dragon Javelin as the Exceed Blaze Dragon King takes to the sky]

Exceeds: Dragon Javelin, Ultimate Strike! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Exceed Blaze Dragon King dives down toward Delta and bisects her hard with its javelin, electrifying her]

Epsilon: Sis!

Shido: You're next, Epsilon! Sephira Max Lance, full power!

[The lance glows brightly as it powers up to maximum levels; the Sephira Max Robo raises it to the sky]

Epsilon: [clenches her fists] This is for my sister! [screams as she charges at the Sephira Max Robo]

Delta: Epsy! NO!

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Max Robo, Maximum Double Slash! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Sephira Max Robo bisects Epsilon with the sword end of its lance, then does the same with the spear end; Epsilon screams; Delta grabs ahold of her sister; both sisters fall to the ground in each other's arms and engulf in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Delta and Epsilon lie on the ground, back to their normal sizes; the Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds jump out of the cockpits of their mecha]

Shido: Delta, Epsilon, it's over.

Mana: Hold up your end of the bargain, and we'll let you go free.

[The Demonoid sisters get back on their feet]

Epsilon: Right. The Takamiya parents. Never let it be said I'm not a Demonoid of my word.

Delta: Epsy, conserve your strength. Those attacks completely fried ZIEG's control over us, but they also severed all our chips.

Epsilon: I don't care. They have a right to know.

[Suddenly, ZIEG appears]

Delta: ZIEG!

ZIEG: You two have done enough. Let me finish them.

[He fires blasts from his chests at the Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds, hitting all 19 of them hard and knocking them to the ground]

ZIEG: That is but a taste of my fury.

[He focuses a ball of flaming energy in the palms of his hands]

ZIEG: [aims for Spirit Soldiers Gold and Silver] The two of you will be the first to go. Demonoid of Origin, HELLFIRE!!

[He unleashes the maximized energy ball at the two Spirit Soldiers; suddenly, Delta jumps in]

Shido: Delta?!

Delta: I won't let you die!

[Suddenly, in slow-motion, Epsilon pushes her sister out of the way]

Epsilon: ADELLE!!

[She takes the blast hard and explodes, leaving nothing but her head, torso, arms, and only one severed chip]

Delta: [horrified] No. No! TRICIA!!!

[ZIEG smirks with triumph]

Delta: [grabs the remains of her sister's body] Why? Why did you do that? You had your chance to expose ZIEG.

Epsilon: [pained] The moment he showed up,... he was never gonna give me the chance.

Delta: But why take the blast for me?

Epsilon: We have nothing left. Westcott took it all away from us, remember? It didn't matter. Besides, I couldn't let you die without proving to you,... that I always stand by you, because I love you,... Adelle.

Delta: Tricia,... [cries] I love you, too.

[The two sisters hold hands]

Epsilon: Goodbye,... Sissy.

[She deactivates; her hand falls from Delta's]

Delta: Tricia,...

[The last of Epsilon's body engulfs in a massive explosion; after the smoke clears, Epsilon is gone, for good; Delta kneels to the ground in sorrow]

Shido: Epsilon,...

Tor: She's... She's dead?

Mana: [tearfully] No. [slams her fist to the ground] SH*T!!

Delta: [gets back on her feet, clenching her fists] ZIEG,...

ZIEG: Your sister was a fool, a failure, and a traitor. Just like you.

Delta: Shut up! The Demonoids deserve to be betrayed. I always knew you were the first Demonoid, but the first Demonoid is supposed to respect his master and his fellow subordinates. You're way beyond evil. You have no heart. You don't deserve respect from your fellow henchmen! You don't deserve anyone's respect! Not even Westcott's! When you killed my sister, my only family, you also killed my faith in the Demonoids. [to the Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds] Spirit Soldiers, Crystal Exceeds, I'm very proud that you all treat each other with the utmost respect. For my sake, and for my sister's sake, give this coward both Heaven and Hell.

[She latches herself onto ZIEG's back]

ZIEG: What are you doing?!

Delta: I don't expect this to kill you. But this is my final act of courage.

[She enables her self-destruct mechanism]

ZIEG: Hey!

Delta: Once I self-destruct, my chips will deactivate, and I'll be reunited with my sister, while you suffer.

ZIEG: How?!

Delta: That's something I'll be taking back to my grave! Farewell, ZIEG!

[Still latching to ZIEG, she engulfs in a massive explosion, sending ZIEG flying; he looks around and sees nothing left of Delta]

ZIEG: What a waste.

[Westcott's face appears in the sky]

Westcott: ZIEG!

ZIEG: Master Westcott!

Westcott: Report back to base at once!

ZIEG: But I haven't destroyed--

Westcott: That is an order!

ZIEG: [begrudgingly] Yes, sir. [to the Exceeds and Spirit Soldiers] This isn't over yet. [vanishes]

[The Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds get back on their feet and revert to normal]

Shido: I'd say "termination complete", but Delta and Epsilon really didn't deserve that.

Miku: Damn that ZIEG. I knew he was a menacing Demonoid, but I never thought he'd be so cruel.

Tomoe: Delta and Epsilon didn't deserve what ZIEG did to them. They didn't deserve what Westcott did to them in the first place.

Miyabi: As if that weren't enough, we may never know what ZIEG knows about Shido and Mana's real parents.

Mana: Him killing Epsilon was sick, but it was also just another bump in the road. We'll have another shot.

Julie: But why did Westcott force ZIEG to retreat when it looked like he had us?

Origami: It's possible that Delta's sacrifice may have affected his systems.

Tor: Whatever ZIEG wanted to keep up his sleeves, it can't be good.

Shido: Even so, we have to know before we consider getting rid of ZIEG, even if we kill Westcott first.

Tohka: In the meantime, we gotta buckle down in case they launch a full assault.

Kaguya: At any rate, Exceeds, we're glad you showed up to help.

Yuzuru: Agreement. Delta and Epsilon would've trashed our mecha if it weren't for you.

Imari: Really, it was nothing.

Lilith: When we got back to the warehouse, Alvin told us you needed help.

Yoshino: So he did.

Yoshinon: That sweet little chipmunk!

Tomoe: By the way, guys, how are the girls at ACME Scout Net?

Natsumi: Last I heard, Mana led Delta away from them.

Mana: Though I gotta give props to Sophie for keeping her occupied.

Lilith: Sophie? Hmm. Why does that name ring a bell?

Miyabi: Sophie? You mean one of the scouts?

Mana: No. A friend of ours from Akane Academy. She and the Shimon sisters happen to be in town for the holiday season.

Shido: They showed up Thursday night while you were in Newark.

Tor: Well, why didn't you tell us?

Tohka: They told us not to, because they wanted to surprise you.

Tomoe: We'd all better get back to the warehouse.

Mana: That's right! I left the lasagna in the oven! I just hope it's still good.

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, Westcott enters ZIEG's office]

ZIEG: Master, I regret Epsilon and Delta have failed you.

Westcott: At the very least, they'll never betray us again.

ZIEG: But why did you summon me back here? I was just about to win.

Westcott: You would have, were it not for Delta's kamikaze attack, which greatly diminished your defense capacity. The Spirit Soldiers and Crystal Exceeds still had enough left in them to take you out. And besides, you were trying to destroy them yourself again, weren't you?

ZIEG: Not all of them, sir. Just Gold and Silver.

Westcott: It was spelled out when I regained my memories. The only one allowed to kill any of the Spirit Soldiers is me. Is that clear?

ZIEG: Absolutely, sir.

Westcott: Good. Now, if you'll excuse me. [exits]

[ZIEG shuts the door]

ZIEG: I refuse to let that control freak pilot my ambitions. I'm the Demonoid of Origin, not him. He was just a human mage with the traits of a demon. Spirit Soldiers Gold and Silver are strictly my responsibility. Not his, not any of the other Demonoids', no one. With or without Delta and Epsilon, I will wipe out any and all traces of my suffering. [clenches his fists] One day, they'll find out the truth, and that'll be the end of them.

[132 Madison Street, 12:11pm]

[Sophie, Mari, and Maya hand out badges to the younger girls of ACME Scout Net]

Sophie: Congratulations, scouts. Not only do you each get a badge for using your compasses, but you also get the bravery badge.

Mari: You girls really deserve it.

Maya: None of you panicked during the solar storm or the Demonoid attack, and we're very proud of you.

Melanie: Thanks, but the best part of the whole adventure was watching Sophie fight Delta.

Tracy: Yeah, and seeing Spirit Soldier Silver in action. She's so cool.

[Shido and Tor's groups enter]

Sophie: Oh, hey, you guys!

Tomoe: Sophie!

[She and Tomoe embrace]

Sophie: Tomoe, it's so good to see you again!

Tomoe: We have so much to catch up on.

Sophie: I know. I'll fill you in on the details over lunch.

Miyabi: Hi, Maya!

[She and Maya embrace]

Maya: Miss Miyabi.

Miyabi: Look how big you are! [notices Mari] Oh. This your sister?

Maya: Mm-hmm.

Mari: Mari Shimon.

Miyabi: Miyabi Hotaka.

[They shake hands]

Tor: It's great to see you all again. I'm just sorry we missed your big entrance while were were on stakeout.

Sophie: Oh, that's okay, Tor. You had work to do. I'm just glad that's all over now.

Lilith: [to the scouts] Girls, speaking as one of your original intended scout leaders, I'm very proud of how well you performed in my team's absence.

Melanie: Thanks, Miss Bristol. Sophie, Maya, and Mari really knew how to fill your shoes.

Tomoe: They sure have. [sniffs] Um, do you guys smell something awful?

Tor: Smells like a skunk.

[Ai, Mai, and Mii hurry into the scene]

Shido: What happened to you three? [sniffs] Ugh! [holds his nose] And why do you smell so ripe?

[Everyone else covers their noses]

Ai: We thought we made contact with the Spirit Soldiers, but it turned out to be skunks instead.

Mai: We made our way out, but one skunk passed us by and...

Mii: That skunk spray was so lame.

Ai: Anybody got any tomato juice?

Maya: That won't get rid of the smell permanently, but Maya knows what will.

[She rushes into the kitchen, then comes out with baking soda, 3% hydrogen peroxide, liquid dish soap, a teaspoon, a measuring cup, and a container; she pours baking soda into the measuring cup (1/4 cup worth), then pours it into the container; she pours dish soap into a teaspoon, then pours it into the container; she pours a quart's worth of peroxide into the measuring cup, then pours it into the container; she mixes them all up swiftly; she hands Ai the mixture; Ai's group heads for the nearest bathroom; the tub is heard running]

Tomoe: Maya, how do you know all that stuff?

Maya: Maya went on a nature hike with Satsuki and Shizuno during a camping trip three years ago. We ran into a skunk and it sprayed me. But Satsuki knew what to do. She mixed a quarter cup of baking soda, a teaspoon of dish soap, and a quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide in an open container. Immediately afterwards, while Satsuki washed my clothes with the concoction, Shizuno took me to the nearest lake and bathed me in the same concoction, curing me of the skunk smell. I'm sure it'll work on Ai and the other two. [to the trio in the back] Don't forget to apply it to your clothes!

[The gang laughs]

Sophie: By the way, how'd it go against Epsilon and Delta?

Shido: Unfortunately, before they could squeal, ZIEG tried to attack us, but Epsilon got in the way and was killed. Delta then blew herself up to get back at ZIEG and force him to get away. The crew's still looking into how her kamikaze attack affected ZIEG.

[Sophie and the Shimons are shocked]

Maya: ZIEG-- How could he be so cruel?

Mari: Killing Demonoids reincarnated from innocent orphans?

Sophie: And victims of the first spatial quake, no less?

Mana: But we can't kill him just yet. At least not until we know what he knows about our parents. [sighs] Anyway, I'd better check on that lasagna.

[She heads into the kitchen, then looks in the oven; she takes the lasagna tray out of the oven, turns it off, shuts the door, and removes the foil lid; the lasagna is intact and ready; Mana sighs]

Mana: Lunch is ready!

[Meanwhile, in Chinatown, the Xia twins are performing yoga, when Yu Fan's phone rings; she picks up]

Yu Fan: Yes? Oh. Right. I'll tell her. [hangs up]

Yu Lan: What's wrong, Sis?

Yu Fan: That was Westcott on the phone. Delta and Epsilon-- They're both dead. ZIEG killed them.

[Yu Lan hangs her head low; a tear rolls down her cheek]

Yu Lan: I'll be in the bedroom.

[She heads for the bedroom and closes the door]

Yu Fan: [tearfully] Those Demonoids will pay for this!

[10:45:41pm]

[Sophie tries to call Moroha on her smartphone, but no answer]

Moroha's voice recording: Please leave a message.

[Sophie sighs and hangs up]

Sophie: I don't understand. Why isn't he returning our calls and texts?

[Alvin approaches her]

Alvin: What's going on, Sophie?

Sophie: Alvin, what are you doing up? It's way past your bedtime.

Alvin: I couldn't sleep after hearing what Shido told me about Delta and Epsilon. But why are you still up?

Sophie: [sighs] It's Moroha. I've been trying to reach him for hours. He won't return my calls or texts. He won't return Maya's or Mari's.

Alvin: To be honest, I'm having a hard time reaching him, too. After all,...

Sophie: Yeah. Already, in Japan,...

Alvin and Sophie: [in unison] It's his birthday.

Sophie: I just wanted to say happy birthday to him since I might not be there for him. Could it be that he's forgotten about me?

Alvin: No way. You were his upperclassman at the academy, and you two have been going out ever since. There's no way he'd forget you, or the others.

Sophie: You really think so?

Alvin: I know so.

Sophie: Oh, Alvin.

[They embrace]

Sophie: You're so sweet.

Alvin: Hey, I gotta look out for my guests, don't I?

[Sophie smiles and giggles]

Sophie: Back to bed, honey. It's almost 11:00.

Alvin: Okay. Good night.

[Sophie kisses him; Alvin heads back to his group's room; Sophie heads back to her group's guest room where the Shimons are sleeping]

Sophie: Alvin's right. Moroha would never forget us.

[She stares at a photo of Moroha and Maya on the nightstand]

Sophie: I know I won't forget him, because I'll always love him.

[She kisses the image in the photo]

Sophie: Good night, Moroha. Happy birthday.

[Fade to black]

Familiar voice: Next time: The Big Surprise.

Last edited by TVLubber (12/18/2023 4:44 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera