ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2017 8:51 am  #1

Side-Fic 258: The Ivory Eagle Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Sora: Hey, everyone! The show's just about to start! So make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not sitting too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Pine Hill RV Park, Kutztown, Pennsylvania, Sunday, April 9th, 12:42am]

[A colorful RV with a matching trailer is parked among the other RVs; on the side of the trailer is are two signs side by side: "Theatrical Camp" and "En Route to NYC"]

[A group of five people in black suits crawls up to the trailer; the leader approaches the door, picks the lock, and opens it; one of his group hands him a roll of duct tape and a burlap sack]

Leader: [quietly] Okay, guys. Stay right there while I nab the candidate.

[He sneaks into the trailer and walks up to the queen-sized bed, where Pamela of Theatrical Camp is sound asleep; he pulls off a large piece of duct tape and covers her mouth with it, then grabs her and stuffs her into the sack and ties it up; he climbs out and shuts the door; in their bunks nearby, the twins Mila and Milo awaken]

Mila: Huh? What happened?

Milo: [notices the empty bed] Mila, where's Pamela?

Mila: That's weird.

[She notices that the door is unlocked]

Mila: Wait a sec. I don't remember the door being unlocked before we went to sleep.

[Milo looks out the window and notices the kidnappers throwing the sack into the trunk of their SUV and getting inside and driving away; he writes down the license plate number just before the SUV is out of sight]

Milo: Mila, wake the others! Pamela's been kidnapped!

[Mila darts outside and bangs on the door of the RV]

Mila: Mr. Pack! Mr. Pack!

[Mr. Pack, owner of Theatrical Camp, opens the door]

Mr. Pack: Mila, it's past midnight. Did you or Milo have another nightmare?

Mila: This is worse than a nightmare! Pamela's gone!

Mr. Pack: What?

[Milo approaches]

Milo: She's not lying! I saw she wasn't in bed, and when I saw a bunch of thugs in black throw her in the trunk of their car, I put two and two together. Pamela's been kidnapped!

Mr. Pack: Did you get the license plate number?

Milo: [hands the number to Mr. Pack] I got it just before they drove off.

Mr. Pack: [dials 911 on his iPhone] This calls for some drastic measures.

[Quakertown, PA, 3:23am]

[The same SUV is parked in an open house garage; a box truck leaves the area; not long afterwards, local squad cars and FBI vehicles pull over in front; several officers and FBI agents approach the house; two officers approach the car; two FBI agents batter down the front door of the house and barge in; they search everywhere, finding nobody; they enter the master bedroom, where they find a significant lump on the bed; one of them approaches the bed and removes the quilt and finds no body, but a device with a sensor; meanwhile, in the garage, the other cops search the car and find nobody or nothing]

FBI Agent: Empty. [to his walkie-talkie] Place looks secure. No one's home.

[Suddenly, the house engulfs in an explosion; the officers and agents standing by back away just in time]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 8:11am]

[Sora, Layla, and Marion have breakfast; Sora's iPhone rings; she notices the caller ID]

Sora: A call from Theatrical Camp? [picks up] ACME Crime Net. Naegino. Oh, hi, Dio! It's been a while.

Marion: Dio? From Theatrical Camp?

Sora: The very same. [to the phone] Yes, I'm still here. [pauses] What?! Pamela's missing?!

Layla: Pamela?!

Marion: The trapeze artist who breathes fire?

Layla: Mm-hmm.

Sora: [writes it all down] Kidnapped last night? From her bed? Kutztown, Pennsylvania. A gang. Oh. Right. Okay. Thanks. If we get some leads, we'll let you know. Bye. [hangs up]

Layla: Pamela, kidnapped?

Sora: Last night, she was sound asleep when a gang broke into her trailer in Pennsylvania and kidnapped her. They escaped in their SUV, and now the FBI is on the case. They told the folks at Theatrical Camp that their car was last seen parked in a house garage in Quakertown. Two local police officers and two FBI agents searched and found nothing. But before they could leave, the house blew up. None of those cops made it out alive.

Layla: Oh, my God.

Sora: The house was deserted when they got there, so Pamela's still alive, but we don't know where she or her kidnappers are.

[Alvin enters the office]

Alvin: Morning, girls.

Sora, Layla, and Marion: Morning, Alvin.

Alvin: Sora, Marion, how was the flight from Cape Mery?

Sora: It was smooth, as usual. It's a good thing Kaleido Stage is undergoing two-week maintenance, and just a couple weeks before Spring Break, too.

Marion: What have you been up to while we were gone?

Alvin: Actually, I've got something to show you.

Layla: What is it?

Alvin: It's at ACME Labs. You're gonna love it.

[He leads the three girls to ACME Labs, where the rest of the cast of KS await with Simon, Theodore, the Chipettes, and Tyler]

May: Mind explaining the holdup?

Tyler: Alvin wanted to show his surprise to all nine Gladiators.

Alvin: Trust me, ladies, it's more fun this way.

Sora: So, what is it?

Tyler: [opens a small box] Behold, my friends.

[Inside the box is an ivory-colored Kaleido Gladiator wristband with the Roman numeral X on it; the girls react with awe]

Sora: It's amazing!

Layla: A 10th Gladiator?

Alvin: Mm-hmm.

Tyler: Once we find a suitable candidate, Prescott will wish he'd stayed on death row. Ladies, I give you the all-new Ivory Eagle.

[He turns everyone's attention to the Ivory Eagle uniform and arsenal encased in large glass boxes]

Alvin: The Ivory Eagle has a very special weapon: The Ivory Crossbow, which shoots steel arrows.

Mia: What about that shield thing around the chest?

Brittany: Probably just for decoration, like mine.

Tyler: This one is different. It refracts enemy attacks. It can also heal the wearer at any time. Not only that, but the wearer can transfer it to another Gladiator if necessary.

Sora: Wow!

Rosetta: But who's gonna be this new Gladiator?

Alvin: That's gonna be a problem. You see, I designed the Kaleido Gladiators with you girls from Kaleido Stage and Brittany in mind, and there's no one else left to turn to.

Brittany: But what about my sisters?

Jeanette: He already asked us.

Eleanor: We're just not up to the task like you.

Alvin: I even asked Bambi, Olivia, and Marsha, but they all said the same thing: Not up to it.

Sarah: If only Heather were still here. She'd have been perfect.

Mia: I'm sure Pamela would be a good choice.

Simon: Pamela? You mean that fire-breathing star attraction from Theatrical Camp?

Alvin: Who else but? I know just about everyone from that place-- Mr. Pack: A knife-thrower and the owner of the camp. Tank, the strong guy who loves juggling kegs. Dio, the cool guy with the whip. Milo and Mila, the twins. Dominique, the best cook, not to mention a motherly figure. She even has a kid of her own. And who could forget Pamela? Not only is she a high trapeze guru, but her fire-breathing techniques really take my breath away. She once told me she used to be a member of Kaleido Stage, but it just wasn't right for her talents, so she quit and joined Theatrical Camp, and you can imagine how far she's come since!

Sora: Speaking of Pamela, I've been wanting to tell you-- It's kinda hard to say, but--

Marion: Pamela's been kidnapped.

Alvin: WHAT?!!

Sora: It's true. She was kidnapped by some gang who later led four cops into a deadly trap.

Alvin: A bomb?

Layla: A bomb. Luckily, Pamela wasn't inside.

Ken: But still, four cops killed by one bomb-- That was very tragic.

Tyler: I know. Almost reminds me of what happened in Dallas about nine months ago. Some vengeful monster took the lives of five cops.

Layla: That story was all over the news.

Sora: From what Dio told me, all four of those cops had families. One of the federal agents-- His wife was eight months pregnant.

Anna: Whoever kidnapped Pamela and blew up those poor cops is so gonna pay.

Theodore: What'll we do about finding Pamela?

Tyler: Right now, it's best to just leave it to the Feds until she and/or her kidnappers arrive in New York.

Sora: Speaking of which, Dio also told me that he and the rest of the cast is on their way to New York. They were planning on doing show in town, anyway.

Tyler: But until Pamela is found alive, they'll need an understudy.

Alvin: They don't work that way, Tyler. Mr. Pack would rather cancel showtime. They don't have enough time to find a replacement. Besides, Pamela's irreplacable.

[The alarm blares]

Sora: What now?

[The monitor shows a large army of Demonitron in the alley]

Layla: Demonitron!

Tyler: And in the alley, no less.

Layla: This is a job for the Kaleido Gladiators.

Alvin: The rest of us will stand by in case you need us.

[Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, and Sarah exit the lab]

[Cut to Prescott's base]

Prescott: Parasites, step forward.

[The five people in black suits from earlier approach and remove their masks:]

Prescott: Parasite Black: Amelia Kurtz.

[(Portrayed by Vanessa Ray)]

Prescott: Parasite Blue: Seth Saxton.

[(Portrayed by Corey Cott)]

Prescott: Parasite Yellow: Elvin Morris.

[(Portrayed by Aaron Sanders)]

Prescott: Parasite White: Krista Goldman.

[(Portrayed by Ariane Rinehart)]

Prescott: And Parasite Red: Mitchell Bryant.

[(Portrayed by Eric Christian Olsen)]

Prescott: I congratulate you all on bringing me my subject. As promised, I present you each with a Cyber Demon Gear unit. Gelman?

[Gelman hands each of the Parasites a dog tag according to their colors]

Mitch: These are just dog tags.

Gelman: They're more than that, Mitch. By shouting out "deploy!", you'll be equipped to your CDG units. [whispers] But don't overdo it, 'cause it might affect your vital signs.

[Mitch's eyes widen, then he smiles and nods]

Prescott: Gelman, what's going on?

Gelman: Just giving the Parasites a little heads-up, boss.

Prescott: Very well. Now, I'd like one of you to infiltrate ACME Crime Net in disguise and acquire that new piece of ACME Crime Net technology while my Demonitron keep the Gladiators busy.

Amelia: This job goes to the Parasite who keeps the lowest profile.

Krista: Seth, that's your cue. Use a very convincing disguise.

Seth: Copy that, Mitch. But I'm gonna need a little backup to create extra diversion.

Elvin: Count me in.

[He and Seth exit]

Prescott: Argon, is the subject ready?

Argon: [appears] Yes, my lord. Behold!

[From the door comes Pamela of Theatrical Camp]

Argon: I present to you the newest member of our team: Pamela Mosley.

[Around her neck is a crimson-red parasite]

Argon: As you can see, I infected her with a Demon Parasite to increase control over her by 1,000%. Parasite Red shall be her puppeteer.

Prescott: Wonderful. [extracts a mask from a nearby box] Now, once we give her the new piece of ACME technology, I'll have her wear this mask. [whispers in Argon's ear] Just in case ACME happens to destroy her. That way, they won't know who they killed until too late.

[Argon snickers]

[ACME Labs, 8:23am]

[The Chipmunks, Jeanette, Eleanor, Ken, and Tyler watch the fight between the Gladiators and the Demonitron on in the alley on the monitor]

Simon: I've never seen such a huge army of Demonitron in a single area.

Theodore: But that won't stop the Gladiators, will it?

Alvin: Just about nothing will.

[Greg enters]

Greg: Uh, guys, someone's here with a pizza. Said Tyler ordered some.

Tyler: I didn't order any pizza.

Alvin: And at about half-past 8:00am?

Simon: We'd better check it out.

[They all exit and approach the door of the squad room; Tyler opens the door, revealing Elvin disguised as a pizza delivery man; all the while, Seth sneaks in through the back door and into ACME Labs; he looks around and notices the box containing the Ivory Eagle's wristband, grabs it, sneaks it into his pocket, and quietly exits through the back door]

Elvin: Hi. I'm looking for a Tyler Steele.

Tyler: I'm Tyler Steele.

Elvin: Your pizza's here, sir.

Tyler: Sorry, but I didn't order any food. I'm not one to order pizza for breakfast.

Elvin: Could you spell it out for me?

Tyler: T-Y-L-E-R, S-T-E-E-L-E.

Elvin: Again?

Tyler: [sighs] I gotta do everything. T as in Tyler, Y as in yellow, L as in lemon, E as in exit, R as in right, space, S as in sensei, T as in Tyler, E as in evacuate, E as in emperor, L as in leave, and E as in excuse.

[Elvin looks at what appears to be a receipt]

Elvin: Oh, this is meant for a Tyler Stables. I'm so sorry.

Alvin: Well, could you tell him for us that it's very unusual to order a pizza this early in the morning?

Simon and Theodore: Alvin!

Elvin: That's okay, boys. I understand. Bye now. [exits]

[Tyler shuts the door]

Tyler: Imagine the nerve of that guy.

Jeanette: Hmm... [extracts a phone book from a nearby bookshelf] Tyler Stables-- [looks through the book under S] Stable, Stabler, Stables-- First names-- Kyle, Lisa, Ophelia, Royce, Thomas, Tyson-- No Tyler Stables living in New York.

Eleanor: Then we've been had.

Tyler: The lab!

[He hurries back into the lab and finds the box is empty]

Tyler: No.

[The others enter, along with Greg]

Greg: What happened?

Tyler: That pizza boy tricked us.

Alvin: [gasps] Someone stole the Ivory Eagle's wristband!

Simon: We'd better check the surveillance videos. Maybe the cameras caught the perp.

[Back in the alley, the suited Kaleido Gladiators are have beaten almost all of the Demonitron]

Mia: There's only one left! Anna, care to do the honors?

Anna: With pleasure! [dials 2 on her Kaleido Brace] Geo Pound!

[She slams her fist to the ground, sending shockwaves toward the last Demonitron, hitting him; the Demonitron hits the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Anna: [blows on her fist] Another one bites the dust.

All nine Gladiators: Gladiator out!

[They all revert to normal]

Layla: This has to be one of Prescott's dirty diversions.

Alvin: [enters the alley] Girls, bad news! The Ivory Eagle's wristband's been stolen!

Layla: I knew it!

[The other Gladiators murmur indistinctly]

Alvin: We looked at the surveillance videos. Some phony pizza boy came in and distracted us while some other guy came in through the back door.

Rosetta: Who knows what'll happen if it's in the wrong hands?!

Alvin: Well, I had a feeling this would happen, so while Tyler produced the arsenal for the Ivory Eagle, he also made an upgrade to your Kaleido Braces. Come with me.

[The girls follow Alvin into ACME Labs]

Tyler: I take it Alvin's already given you the bad news?

Layla: Yes, Mr. Steele. But he also said you upgraded our Kaleido Braces. Is that true?

Tyler: Yes, I did, with a little help from my good friend Professor Horatio Hart. [extracts a black box from under his desk] With a new Gladiator was supposed to come new power. But seeing as the 10th wristband was stolen, we need these now more than ever. [opens the box] Behold, the Kaleido Boosters.

[The Kaleido Boosters are wrist-worn devices with keypads instead of rotary dials and a red button labeled "MEGA"]

Sora: They're amazing, Mr. Steele. They have keypads.

Tyler: [hands tthe girls each a Kaleido Booster] They store far more power than the Kaleido Braces ever could. They only had six power-ups, including Mega Mode, but with three-digit combinations, even with repeated digits, the possibilities are virtually endless. Here's what I know of so far: Code 4-2-3 for your specialty move, code 7-3-5 for Double Wing Mode, code 1-2-0 to boost your weapons with prana, and 9-1-6 to summon your Kaleido Animals.

May: But how will we go into Mega Mode?

Tyler: When the big red button flashes, press it, and you'll go into Mega Mode. It'll only flash when the time is right. They can also be used to power your machines if necessary.

Rosetta: They're awesome, Mr. Steele. But are there any other codes we should know about?

Tyler: Well, with permission and a little additional help from your pen pals, I gathered the data from our battles with them and input them into the Kaleido Boosters. However, these abilities can only be used temporarily. So you gotta use them wisely. Layla, try code 1-2-1.

[Layla inputs code 1-2-1]

Layla: Now what?

[A Blaze weapon appears: A sword (Imari Nagakura's)]

Layla: It's just another sword.

Brittany: That's a Blaze weapon.

Tyler: Exactly. Fresh off of Kouryou Academy. Sora, try 7-1-7.

Sora: [inputs said code] 7-1-7!

[The Tuning Sword Morning Star appears in her hand]

Sora: This sword looks familiar.

Simon: Akeno Shiranui has a sword just like that one. It's the Tuning Sword Morning Star.

Sora: Morning Star. Amazing!

Tyler: Brittany, this next new code is a sword, too. 9-0-4.

Brittany: [inputs code] 9-0-4!

[Durandal appears in her hand]

Brittany: Hey! It's the original Durandal! [giggles] Next time Xenovia's in town, let's hope she's up for a sparring match.

Layla: Whatever Prescott throws at us next had better beware.

[All three swords disappear back into the Kaleido Boosters]

Tyler: All that's left to do is play the waiting game.

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Seth and Elvin return with the Ivory Eagle's wristband and hand it to Prescott]

Prescott: Well done, Parasites. Now, head to 1 Police Plaza and launch an assault while I prepare the new Ivory Eagle for her first battle.

Mitch: Yes, sir. Let's move, guys!

[He and the other Parasites exit, except for Krista, who looks down on the ground, her hand on her stomach]

Amelia: Krista, what the hell?! C'mon!

[Krista reacts, then follows the others out]

Argon: What was with her? Indigestion?

Prescott: Whatever it is not my concern, Argon. What's important is getting rid of ACME. They're the only roadblock in my plans of carrying on my family's legacy and making this planet my own.

Argon: Yes.

[Unknown to them, Owen has overheard everything from his office]

Owen: Gelman, is that new device ready?

Gelman: [hands Owen a small device] Yes, Owen. All ready. Just a push of the button, and this unit blocker will cease the Cyber Demon Gear unit's function, but only do it when their vital signs reach a critical point, at which point, the button will start flashing. We don't want Prescott to find out, or he'll kill us.

Owen: Any side-effects?

Gelman: Only that the wearer of the CDG that just ceased function will still feel a little nerve damage, but it'll wear off momentarily. [turns on the monitor] We'll monitor the fight from here.

Owen: Good. [locks the door] I'll show Prescott a thing or two. No one sends their operatives to their deaths and lives.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 9:00am]

[The Gladiators (still in civilian form) test out their Kaleido Boosters]

Rosetta: [inputs code] 1-5-3! Salatiga!

[Salatiga appears in her hand]

May: [inputs code] 8-0-5! Magic Sword Leprazam!

[Leprazam appears]

May: Let's see how how it feels when those guys from Akane Academy use these swords. Ready to spar, Rosetta?

Rosetta: You're on!

Marion: [inputs code] 0-2-5! Protect us all, Field of Dreams!

[Her booster unleashes Maya Shimon's Field of Dreams, surrounding the playing field]

Marion: Thanks to Maya's Field of Dreams, there'll be no bloodbath.

Brittany: En garde!

[May and Rosetta spar with their swords]

Layla: Ready, Sora?

Sora: Ready! [inputs code] 1-2-1! Blaze on!

[Julie Sigtuna's Twin Blades appear]

Layla: 4-1-0! Sandalphon!

[Sandalphon appears]

Layla: Let's see if those Twin Blades can stand up against a single Spirit sword.

[The two spar w/their swords]

Brittany: I can only imagine Julie and Tohka sparring like this.

Mia: We should give our boosters a try, too.

Brittany: As soon as these guys are done, it's you and me, Mia.

[Suddenly, fireballs shower down on the gang, who narrowly dodge each one; their swords vanish]

Layla: What's happening?!

[Sora looks up and sees the Parasites (in their CDG units according to their dog tags' colors) on the roof]

Sora: It's those guys on the roof!

[The Parasites jump off the roof and land on the ground]

Layla: Cyber Demon Gear users. They must be working for Prescott!

Mitch: The fireballs came from my unit. Your new little gadgets won't save you from my team! Fire Demon! Parasite Red!

Seth: Water Demon! Parasite Blue!

Elvin: Lightning Demon! Parasite Yellow!

Amelia: Earth Demon! Parasite Black!

Krista: Wind Demon! Parasite White!

Mitch: Demon fighters united in the name of Prescott Vorstein!

All five: The Parasites stand before you now!

Layla: You five are a disgrace. You clearly ripped off the Power Rangers! Gladiators, ready?!

Other eight: Ready!

All nine: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: K-1! Golden Phoenix!

Sora: K-2! Angel of Hope!

Rosetta: K-3! Diabolo Fairy!

Marion: K-4! Aqua Blossom!

May: K-5! Demon Blader!

Brittany: K-6! Dove of Dreams!

Mia: K-7! Platinum Pixie!

Anna: K-8! Geo Jester!

Sarah: K-9! Lorikeet of Love!

Layla: Where there is life, there is a heart of justice!

All nine Gladiators: Kaleido Gladiators!

Mitch: Now who's ripping off the Power Rangers?!

Sora: We're different from them. And we have new powers, too!

Mitch: Which won't do you any good. Parasites, attack!

[He and his fellow Parasites charge at the Gladiators, who fight them]

Layla: You five disgust me!

Mitch: As if. The five us us combined will easily take all nine of you down, and since our CDG units are far more powerful than 10 Demon Riders combined, you don't stand a chance!

[He strikes Layla w/his rapier]

Sora: You realize that by wearing those units, you're doing more than just harming mankind?!

[Krista strikes her w/her rapier]

Krista: I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't care!

[May and Amelia fight w/their weapons; Rosetta fights Elvin; Marion fights Seth]

Brittany: We can't just stand here. We gotta help 'em!

Mia: I'm with you.

[Suddenly, a fleet of ArgoStar Fighters swoop in and fire at the four Gladiators, who dodge]

Brittany: ArgoStars!

Mia: I'd say this is a job for the MechaDove.

Brittany: First, let's see if I can do better with the Kaleido Booster. Tyler said it also contains the powers of the VR Troopers. [inputs code] 9-9-4! VR Shoulder Cannon command, NOW!

[The VR Shoulder Cannon appears; the cannon fires a massive blast at five of the ArgoStars, blasting them to smithereens]

Mia: Anna, Sarah, let's give it a try!

Mia, Anna, and Sarah: [input code] 9-9-5! VR Laser Pistols!

[The VR Laser Pistols appear in their hands]

Mia: Sarah, take the lead!

Sarah: [fires a blast from her pistol] Roger!

[The blast blows an ArgoStar to bits]

Mia and Anna: Unifocus Firepower!

[They cross their pistols and each fire a massive blast at one of the ArgoStars, blowing them to pieces]

Anna: Direct hit!

[Brittany looks up; there are no more ArgoStars]

Brittany: All clear!

Mia: Let's back the others up!

Brittany: Right! [inputs code] 9-9-6! VR Super Saber!

[The VR Super Saber appears in her hand; she, Mia, Anna, and Sarah charge at the Parasites]

Brittany: You Parasites want a taste of the power of the VR Troopers?!

[She strikes Mitch w/the Super Saber]

Mitch: [groans] Get that little brat, Seth!

[Seth releases Marion, then charges at Brittany]

Seth: I've got you now!

Brittany: Not quite. I'm also aware that the VR Super Saber can transform! Laser Lance command, NOW!

[The Super Saber transforms into the VR Laser Lance]

Brittany: Give my regards to Prescott!

[She impales Seth through the midsection w/the lance, then quickly removes it; Seth drops his rapier]

Seth: [slowly picks up his rapier] I'm not finished yet!

Brittany: You will be!

[She swings the lance]

Seth: [clicks his wrists together] Plasma Shield!

[A Plasma Shield surrounds him, repelling the lance]

Brittany: Lucky move.

[The Laser Lance vanishes, as does the Plasma Shield]

Mitch: Nice job, Seth. My turn!

[He charges at Brittany w/his rapier]

Brittany: [inputs code] 9-0-4! Come forth, Durandal!

[Durandal appears]

Brittany: Take this!

[She strikes Mitch w/Durandal]

Brittany: Layla, he's all yours!

Layla: [inputs code] 1-2-0! Phoenix Saber!

[Her prana-powered Phoenix Saber appears]

Layla: Ignite!

[Her Phoenix Saber ignites, with twice its original firepower; Layla strikes Mitch w/her saber; Mitch groans]

Mitch: [struggles to get back on his feet] I don't care what it takes! I'll destroy you!

[He struggles to approach Layla, pointing his rapier at her]

Layla: Don't force me to kill you, Parasite Red!

[Mitch raises his rapier, but Layla slices it in half w/her sword]

Mitch: Crap!

Layla: [inputs code] 4-2-3! [points her flaming fists at Mitch] Phoenix Fists!

[But just as she is about to punch Mitch, an ivory-colored blast strikes her, pushing her back]

Sora: [runs up to her] Layla!

Layla: Who did this?

[Flying into the scene is none other than the Ivory Eagle (wearing a mask); Mitch notices and smirks smugly]

Mitch: Well, Kaleido Gladiators, it looks as though you've finally met your match. Say hello to my star attraction.

Seth: Meet the Ivory Eagle, the newest general in Prescott Vorstein's army.

[Back at Prescott's base, in Owen's office, Owen and Gelman have seen the whole thing]

Owen: That's the Ivory Eagle?

Gelman: Incredible. But who knows if she'll defeat all nine Gladiators?

[Suddenly, the unit blocker flashes red quickly]

Gelman: Uh-oh. [scans the Parasites] Seth's vital signs are critical. Though that Plasma Shield protected him, the impact of that Laser Lance is so powerful, it took too much out of him. If he deals or is dealt one more blow, he's gonna die. Hit the button now!

Owen: [pushes the button] Right!

[Cut back to the alley; Seth gets back on his feet]

Seth: Time to finish these pests!

[Suddenly, his CDG unit vanishes]

Seth: What the hell?!

Elvin: Seth, what happened to your unit?

Amelia: It must've been deactivated!

Krista: There's gotta be a glitch.

Mitch: [growls] Fall back, Parasites, and leave the rest up to the Ivory Eagle.

[He and the other Parasites retreat]

Ivory Eagle: Cowards.

Layla: Who are you?!

Ivory Eagle: Your worst nightmare.

Sora: We don't wanna kill you.

Ivory Eagle: Kill me?! Your pathetic powers don't stand a chance against the powers of the Ivory Eagle! But just try.

[The Gladiators fight the Ivory Eagle over the course of two minutes, but the Ivory Eagle is too much for them]

Ivory Eagle: You're nothing. [fires steel arrows from her Ivory Crossbow] Ivory Crossbow!

[The Gladiators narrowly dodge the arrows; one of them grazes Sora's right shoulder; Sora winces]

Layla: Sora!

Sora: I'm fine, but she won't be.

[The red button on her Kaleido Booster starts flashing]

Sora: It's time. [pushes the red button] Mega Armor, activate!

[She assumes Mega Mode]

Sora: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

Ivory Eagle: I don't need a sword to finish you.

[She flies toward Sora, who flies toward her; they fight rigorously]

Sora: I don't wanna hurt you!

Ivory Eagle: Prescott Vorstein's orders are absolute. I must destroy you!

[She punches Sora in the chest]

Sora: And once you're done destroying us, he'll kill you!

Ivory Eagle: He promised me his loyalty!

Sora: Don't force me!

[The Ivory Eagle fires an ivory blast from her shield at Sora, hitting her]

Sora: Blade of Hope!

[She raises her glowing blade]

Sora: FINAL STRIKE!!

[She strikes the Ivory Eagle w/her blade; the Ivory Eagle groans and hits the ground; Sora's Mega Mode wears off]

Layla: That did it.

[Suddenly, the parasite around the Ivory Eagle's neck glows; the Ivory Eagle gets back on her feet]

Brittany: She's coming back?!

Sora: How could she have survived that?!

Mia: We'll have to combine our weapons.

Layla: Gladiators, assemble the Super Kaleido Cannon!

[All nine Gladiators combine their weapons to form the Super Kaleido Cannon]

Ivory Eagle: [points her crossbow at the Gladiators] It's no match for me!

Mia: Energy level's set to 10. One blast should finish her.

Layla: Lock on.

[The Super Kaleido Cannon locks on to the Ivory Eagle]

Sora: Sorry, but you leave us no choice.

[After 15 seconds of pause, the Ivory Eagle's mask splits in half, revealing her face to be that of Pamela's, much to the Gladiators' shock]

Layla: It can't be!

Rosetta: Sora, look!

Sora: No. [tears up] Pamela?

Brittany: She's the Ivory Eagle?!

Layla: [growls] Stand down, ladies.

[The Super Kaleido Cannon disappears]

All nine Gladiators: Gladiator out!

[They all revert to normal]

Layla: Let's go. We gotta report this to the captain.

[They exit]

Pamela: Come back here! We're not through yet! [growls and flies away]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 9:51am]

[The Gladiators report the news to Greg]

Greg: You ceased fire?! Gladiators, you had her! Your one chance to defeat the Ivory Eagle, and you let her escape?! Now she knows you have the Kaleido Boosters! [pants, then speaks calmly] Why? Why didn't you fire?

Layla: Because, Captain, the Ivory Eagle... is Pamela Mosley from Theatrical Camp.

Greg: The one that was kidnapped?

Sora: Yes. If we opened fire on her, we'd have killed her.

Greg: So that's why you spared her. You think she might've been possessed by Prescott somehow.

[There is a knock on the door]

Greg: Come in!

[The remaining cast of Theatrical Camp enters: Mr. Pack, Tank, Dominique, Dio, and the twins Mila and Milo]

Alvin: It's the cast of Theatrical Camp.

Sora: Mr. Pack, everyone, welcome.

Mr. Pack: We couldn't help overhearing before I knocked. Did you say that you found Pamela?

Layla: The good news is that she's alive. But now for the bad news.

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Prescott: I don't know how Seth's CDG unit deactivated, but this had better not happen again.

Pamela: My identity's been exposed to the Gladiators. They've been rendered helpless to fight me.

Dio: Pamela's in the hands of an escaped convict?!

Sora: If we don't break Prescott's control over her, he'll kill her.

Mitch: We'll be rid those pests by lunch time.

Layla: Next time on ACME Crime NetThe Ivory Eagle Part 2.

Brittany: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (1/29/2018 12:00 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera