ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2017 3:28 pm  #1

ACME WoF: Your First Look

Audience: WHEEL...OF...FORTUNE!!!

[The audience cheers and applauds; 1989 Wheel of Fortune theme plays]

Alvin: The famous wheel is spinning your way towards thousands of dollars in cash! And now from the ACME Studios, here’s the stars of our show, Jonathan Mann!!

[Jon enters HQ; cheers and applause]

Jon: Hello!

Alvin: And iKing!

[iKing appears on the monitor]

iKing: Well, hello and welcome.

Jon: Hi, everybody! And thank you, Alvin for that wonderful introduction. Welcome to your first look at ACME's new fic series ACME's Wheel of Fortune. It's America's Game--the ACME way.

iKing: That's right. We are not giving away cars, trips, or gift cards. We're giving away all cash! 

Jon: Each episode features three contestants vying for big bucks by spinning the famous wheel and solving the puzzles. 

iKing: And whoever wins the game will have a chance to increase their winnings up to 10x their total. Who knows, one play can win more than $100,000!

[Applause]

Jon: Now, we are going to show you how we play the game the ACME Way. Each player's turn, the player will spin the wheel and land on a money value. Then, you guess a letter. If you guess a letter that's in the puzzle, you will get the money times the number of letters shown in the puzzle. Then, you will be able to spin the wheel again to get more money, buy a vowel which costs a flat rate of $250, or attempt to solve the puzzle. If you solve the puzzle, that money goes into your total. Whoever has the most money after four rounds will play in the Big Money Bonus Round to try to increase their total up to 10x!

[Applause]

Jon: Now, let's take a look at the wheels for each of the four rounds.

Jon: There's a lot of money at stake in each of the four rounds. But I want you to pay very special attention to five important wedges we have. Our first wedge is Lose a Turn. Land on that wedge, your turn is over. Then we have the dreaded Bankrupt.

[Audience boos]

Jon: Yes, land on that wedge, all of your money is taken away and you lose your turn. And in Rounds 2 and 3, if the Bankrupt were enough, we also added a Super Bankrupt.

[Audience even boos]

Jon: Land on that, not only your money in the round is lost but also your money that you've won in the previous rounds. If you have no money, you can even steal a player's round total by landing on a very special wedge called Power.

iKing: POWER!!!

[Laughter!]

Jon: Land on it, guess a right letter, and you can take whatever player's money he/she has in that round. And in the event you guess an incorrect letter or loose a turn, you can get a free turn by landing on Free Spin. 

iKing: I see that somebody is interested in some cardboard. Shiny cardboard!

Jon: Yes, iKing. We also have another way to pick up some bonus cash. In Round 3, it's the $500 Bonus Category Round. In this round, we will give you one of the following Bonus Categories:

Clue - A clue about a person, place, or thing. Solve  the clue and guess the bonus answer.
Movie Quote - Solve the puzzle, tell me what movie that quote is from for the bonus.
Who Said It? - Similar to quotation except tell me the person who says the quote for the bonus.
What's That Song? - A song lyric, tell me the name of the song and win the bonus.
Fill in the Blank - Fill in the blanks to a secret word and win the bonus.
Same Letter - At anytime during your turn you found the same letter, you get the bonus whether or not you solve the puzzle.
Fill in the Number - Solve the puzzle and fill in the number for the bonus.
Mystery Category - Solve the puzzle and tell me the category for the bonus.
Slogan - Solve the puzzle and tell me what company uses that slogan for the bonus.

In Round 4, iKing will spin the wheel one more time. Once the player gives me a letter and if it's in the puzzle, he/she will have five seconds to solve it. Vowels are worth nothing, consodents are worth $1,000 + whatever amount I landed on.  (i.e. Landing on $2,500 means $1,000 + $2,500 = $3,500).  Whoever has the most money at the end of the game will play in the bonus round to increase their winnings up to 10x their total. And here's the perfect way to help them out.

[Brittany arrives with a tray of ten envelopes]

Jon: Here, Brittany, or a random ACME girl has a tray of ten envelopes. Four of them contain the word Double, three of them say triple, two of them say quadruple, and only one of them has "10x" which means the players can decuple their winnings. 

Brittany: That could be a hell of a pay day!

Jon: Yeah, right. Once the player chooses an envelope, he/she will be facing on more puzzle. We will give each player every instance of the R-S-T-L-N-E. Afterwards, the player will be given three consodents and a vowel to help the player solve the puzzle. Once any other letters are filled, the player will have fifteen seconds to solve the puzzle. If the puzzle is solved, the contestant wins their total times whatever multiplier is shown on the envelope. 

Alvin: One player could win $100,000, a half mill, or even  a million dollars!

Jon: Yep. And for you folks at home, there will be a home viewer puzzle where you can win an ACME T-Shirt plus $50. Here's how it works: Each week we will be giving you a partially filled puzzle, your job is to solve the puzzle. We are going to give you a puzzle right now and you will have fifteen seconds to study the puzzle. The category is Place.

Jon: You have fifteen seconds starting now.

[Afterwards...]

[BUZZER!] (time's up!)

Jon: Time is up. Now, write down the solution on a postcard along with your name and address and sent it to...

ACME Crime Net
P.O. Box 4300
New York, NY 10163

Or enter at PBS.org

Starting next week, we will pick five people who’s puzzle solutions are correct and send them each an ACME T-Shirt and $50. This is open to residents of the United States and Canada, ten years of age or older. Void were prohibited by law. Employees and family members of ACME Crime Net, PBS, or it’s affiliations are not eligible.  All entries must be received by Friday to be eligible for the drawing next weekend. There’s a limit of one entry per person per week.  Any duplicate entries will be considered disqualified. We're not responsible for lost or misdirected entries. For full contest rules, write this address or go to PBS.org. Solve the puzzle, and you could win a T-Shirt and fifty bucks! 

iKing: So that's your first look at ACME's Wheel of Fortune. You'll see it happen next week as three contestants win lots of cash and prizes!

Jon: From iKing, Alvin, and Brittany, this is Jon Mann saying keep on spinnin' and solvin'!

All 4: Bye-bye!

[Applause]

[Credits roll]

ACME's WHEEL of FORTUNE
Based on the game show created by
MERV GRIFFIN

All contestants have been briefed regarding
game rules prior to their appearance.

Narrator: Produced in New York City, this has been a production of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net. 

Board footera