ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2016 10:53 pm  #1

Side-Fic 250: The Xenon Quest Pt. 7

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Hunter: What's up, everyone?! The show's gonna start in a moment!

Shadow: Remember to watch in a brightly lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor. Got that?

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

Narrator: In our last installment, Alvin took on Drake, leader of the Orange Crew, in a full six-on-six Pokémon battle. After Charizard beat Venusaur, Electivire proved too much for Chesnaught, but not enough for Hydreigon. Drake then sent out his last Pokémon: Dragonite. Despite taking a lot of damage, it managed to defeat Hydreigon, Dusknoir, and Sylveon, and was almost too much for Charizard, until Charizard Mega-Evolved, learned Outrage, and finished off Dragonite with a Seismic Toss! Thanks to his Pokémon and the support of his friends, Alvin won the Orange League winner's trophy, and the eighth and final piece of the Xenon Crystal. Now our heroes are on their way home.

[ACME Labs, Sunday, August 21st, 11:03am]

[The Chipmunks, the Chipettes, Sora, Layla, Rosetta, May, Marion, Mia, Anna, and Sarah reappear on the transportation pads]

Corona: Guys, you're back!

Aqune: I knew you'd make it!

[The returning gang shares hugs and handshakes with their waiting allies]

Ken: Sora, I really missed you while you were gone.

Sora: [embraces Ken] Me, too, Ken.

Hunter: I'm so glad you're home. All of you.

[The Spirit Oracle appears on the monitor]

Oracle: Welcome back, friends, and congratulations on bringing us the Xenon Crystal.

Alvin: [extracts all eight subcrystals from his backpack and hands them to Tyler] Thanks. Here you go, Tyler.

Tyler: Thanks. Now, before we put them back together, Igneous and Magma have something important to say.

Alvin: What's that?

Igneous: This is pretty hard to say, but...

Magma: Even though the Spider Riders are getting their powers back,... Igneous and I came to a decision.

Igneous: You see, working with other units while you were gone made me realize something.

Magma: Same here, while I was working with that rescue dog. We decided it's time to move on. It's time for us to turn in our manacles and give our Battle Spiders new riders.

Hunter: Wait. Igneous, Magma, you're retiring?

Igneous: Yes. After working with a new recruit for CSU, their CO thought I'd make a good partner for her.

Magma: And Detective Billings thought I should join the K-9 Unit at the Transit Bureau. So, I called her earlier this week and agreed to the transfer.

Tyler: Effective tomorrow.

Oracle: As you know, Magma and Igneous, it is never easy to see one of you give up your powers. However, in a case like this, I believe you may prove to be even more valuable to your new home.

Corona: You guys have done so much for us.

Aqune: We'll always remember it.

Lumen: It's gonna be sad to see you two leave, but I think it's for the best.

Sparkle: I think you're doing the right thing.

Alvin: But who's gonna take your places? It won't be the same with only six Spider Riders.

Igneous: Well, we've already made our choice on to whom we should pass our powers down, based on your adventures Spirit Oracle told us about. Simon, I'm leaving Flame in your care. Flame?

[Flame crawls up to Simon]

Flame: You may have big shoes to fill, Simon, but if Alvin can do well in taking Quake's place, you shouldn't have a problem. Plus, your rescue of the Mikan Island Gym Leader proved your worth.

Magma: And for Brutus' new rider, I've chosen Theodore.

Brutus: [crawls up to Theodore] The way you rescued the Navel Island Gym Leader from that avalanche got Magma to thinking that you'd be the perfect replacement.

Simon: I really appreciate this opportunity, guys, but there's something that's bugging me. What if we don't fit in?

Theodore: Yeah, and the other Spider Riders-- What if they don't like us?

Magma: They'll love you as Spider Riders as they do in other fields.

Hunter: You two sure you wanna do this?

Igneous: Trust us, Hunter. It'll be the best for everyone.

Hunter: Well, as leader of the Spider Riders, I speak for all of us when I say, we're gonna miss you two a lot.

[He and Igneous shake hands; Hunter then shakes hands with Magma; Igneous and Magma share handshakes and embraces with their other fellow Spider Riders]

Magma: And we, you, Hunter.

Alvin: Well, bros, what do you say?

[Simon and Theodore look at each other, then at Tyler, who nods, then at the Oracle, who also nods]

Simon and Theodore: We accept.

[Igneous and Magma remove their manacles and respectively hand them to Simon and Theodore]

Alvin: Welcome to the team, bros. You're officially the new Spider Riders.

Simon and Theodore: Thank you.

[Cut to Prescott's base]

Prescott: Finally, they're back home, and with every single Xenon subcrystal to boot. Vega, I'm holding you personally responsible for failing to get me a piece of the Xenon Crystal!

Vega: Those demons I sent were the failures, sir. The Kaleido Gladiators got in the way.

Prescott: I'm gonna give you one last chance, Vega. The Spider Riders are sure to go into battle after getting their powers back, so I want you and the Demonitron to lure them into Central Park and destroy them.

Vega: Roger that.

Prescott: And if you mess up this time, don't bother coming back here. Ever.

Vega: [Demon Manacle on hand] Yes, sir! [exits]

[ACME Labs, 11:20am]

[Tyler places the subcrystals in the slots of the crystal transformer one by one until the Xenon Crystal is fully assembled]

Tyler: Spider Riders, raise your manacles and point them toward the Xenon Crystal.

[Hunter, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and the Chipmunks raise their manacles and point them toward the Xenon Crystal]

Tyler: Ryan, activate the transformer.

Ryan: Yes, sir.

[He activates the transformer, which starts spinning around; the crystal starts to glow]

Jeb: It's glowing!

Ash: It's working!

Hunter: Everyone brace yourselves!

[Each division of the crystal fires a blast at one of the Spider Riders' manacles, which start glowing, then take on a brand-new shape]

Hunter: Whoa! Check it out!

Corona: Our manacles transformed!

Aqune: They're amazing!

Lumen: Does this mean...?

Sparkle: We've got new powers?

Oracle: The Xenon Crystal has bestowed upon you powers beyond your imagination. In addition to your original powers, you have also gained a new power-up that surpasses the power of all four Oracle Keys.

Tyler: With your new powers, you'll become the Super Spider Riders, the next level in the fight against crime and evil.

Hunter: Awesome! But what makes the Super Spider Riders more powerful?

Oracle: Your Battle Spiders will become one with you.

Shadow: You mean, in a way, us spiders actually get to fight?!

Oracle: Of course.

Alvin: It couldn't be more awesome.

[The alarm blares]

Ryan: Sounds like trouble.

[The monitor opens a channel to Central Park; Vega, in Demon Rider form, and his demon dragon frighten citizens away]

Oracle: It appears that Prescott Vorstein is wasting no time. He has sent one of his top men to Central Park to lure you into a fight.

Tyler: [runs a scan on Vega] That "top man" happens to be Marcello Vega, another ex-con. Served a dime in Sing Sing after pleading to a kidnapping. The 3-1 raided his home just this morning, but never found him.

Hunter: On what grounds?

Tyler: His ex-girlfriend's body was found buried in Islip. She was shot and dismembered almost nine months ago. Her mother thought Vega had a hand in her murder. During the morning raid, all they found was a gun. We're still awaiting confirmation from Ballistics. But in the meantime, Spider Riders, it's time to test out your new powers. Good luck.

Hunter: Thanks, Dad.

Ryan: Dad, I'm going with them, just in case.

Tyler: Okay, Ryan, but be careful. All of you.

[Ryan and the Spider Riders nod; they take off on their Battle Spiders]

[Central Park, 11:33am]

[The terrorizing continues, until one of the Demonitron stops]

Demonitron A: Something isn't right. I sense an intrusion.

[Hovering overhead is the VR Skybase]

Demonitron B: What is that thing?!

Vega: A giant ship?!

[Ryan, in VR Trooper form, jumps out of the skybase and strikes some of the Demonitron w/his Laser Saber]

Ryan: Go tell Prescott that if he wants a fight, he's got one!

Vega: What are you?

Ryan: Just the first chapter of your worst nightmare, Vega. [whistles]

[Hunter, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and the Chipmunks jump out of the Skybase on their Battle Spiders]

Vega: Spider Riders?! But I thought your powers were gone! How can you fight without them?!

Hunter: Never underestimate the power of the fully-energized Xenon Crystal!

[He and the other seven reveal their new manacles]

Vega: Give those to me!

Alvin: We'll give 'em to you, all right. Guys?

[The other Spider Riders nod]

Hunter: Here we go. Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Corona: Arachna Power!

[She gets suited up]

Aqune: Arachna Power!

[She gets suited up]

Lumen: Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Sparkle: Arachna Power!

[She gets suited up]

Alvin: Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Simon: After you, Theodore.

Theodore: No, Simon. After you.

Simon: Okay. Here goes nothing. Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up into the same uniform as Igneous's]

Theodore: Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up into the same uniform as Magma's]

All eight: Spider Riders!

Simon: It worked! I'm an actual Spider Rider!

Theodore: Me, too! [swings his mace] I like this mace!

Simon: And this huge lance!

Hunter: Your powers take getting used to, but it's really fun.

Simon: Let's try 'em out!

Vega: Demonitron, get them!

[The Demonitron charge at the Spider Riders and Ryan, who charge back and fight with their weapons]

Theodore: Morning Star!

[He strikes four of the Demonitron w/his mace]

Theodore: So this is what it feels like to be a Spider Rider!

Simon: Watch this! Fire Bolt!

[He fires a bolt of flames from his lance at four of the Demonitron, hitting them]

Alvin: All right, bros! Blade of Lightning!

[He fires lightning from his blade at the same eight Demonitron his brothers fought, zapping them]

Hunter: [strikes the Demonitron w/his lance] Lance of Light!

Corona: [fires arrows at the Demonitron] Arrow of Light!

Aqune: [strikes the Demonitron w/her sword] Tornado Whip!

Lumen: [strikes the Demonitron w/his blade] Blade of Light!

Sparkle: [spins around and strikes the Demonitron w/her weapon] Tornado Swing!

Vega: Fire!

[His dragon fires a blast of flames at the Spider Riders]

Shadow: Let's try out our new powers, Battle Spiders!

All Battle Spiders: Spider Barricade!

[They spin webs, creating a reflective shield, which reflects the dragon's blast right back at it, hitting it and Vega]

Hunter: The Spider Riders are back in town!

Vega: You won't be for long! [tosses a Pokéball] Go, Vileplume!

[Out of the ball comes his Vileplume (the same one that treated Oddish and Gloom like slaves)]

Vileplume: Vileplume!

Vega: Remember this baby, Alvin? The same one that made its pre-evolutions work like slaves in the Orange Islands.

Alvin: So it was you who almost killed Sora and Mia with that Vileplume's Stun Spore! How dare you!

Vega: Vileplume, Stun Spore 'em all with everything you've got!

[Vileplume sprays a massive spread of Stun Spore at the Spider Riders]

Alvin: [tosses a Pokéball] Charizard, blow away that Stun Spore!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars, then flaps his wings, spreading the Stun Spore right at the Demonitron, paralyzing them all; the Spider Riders and Ryan strike the paralyzed Demonitron w/their weapons, destroying them all; Vileplume is angry]

Vega: Vileplume, use Hyper Beam!

[Vileplume fires Hyper Beam at Charizard]

Alvin: Charizard, Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Vileplume's Hyper Beam, blocking it and hitting Vileplume hard; Vileplume faints]

Vega: No! How can Hyper Beam not work?!

Alvin: You treat your Pokémon like tools. I treat mine like my comrades. [recalls Charizard] You don't deserve to be a Pokémon trainer.

Vega: [recalls Vileplume] You're right, kid, I don't. I think my calling is in this. Duel disk, engage!

[He pushes a button on his Demon Manacle, releasing a demonic duel disk]

Theodore: I'll duel him. I haven't dueled much lately.

Simon: This'll be the perfect opportunity to try out your new Buster Blader deck, Theodore.

Theodore: [shuffles his deck] Mm-hmm. Duel disk, engage!

[He activates his duel disk]

Vega: [shuffles his deck] Try and stop me, Theo. It won't help.

[Both insert their decks into their duel disks, then each draw five cards; everyone puts on their duel gazers]

P.A.: Augmented reality vision link established.

Theodore and Vega: Let's duel!

[LP:
Theodore: 4,000
Vega: 4,000]

Hunter: We'll stand by in case he tries to pull anything funny.

Theodore and Vega: [each roll a die] Go, dice roll!

[Theodore's die comes up 2; Vega's comes up 1]

Vega: Damn! So close!

Theodore: Looks like I'm starting. [places a card] I summon Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 1
ATK: 400]

Vega: A monster with only 400 attack points?

Theodore: There's more to him than that, Vega. [takes a card from his deck] When I normal-summon Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman, I get to add a different Destruction Sword card from my deck to my hand. [reveals the card] I choose Destruction Sword Memories. [sets two cards] Next, I set two cards and end my turn.

Vega: My turn. [draws] I draw! [places two cards] I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale-3 Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer and Scale-5 Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer!

[Said monsters appear in Vega's Pendulum Zones]

Alvin: He can Pendulum-summon, too?!

Vega: Thanks to these monsters, I can special-summon as many level-4 monsters from my hand as I want all at once! [places four cards] Go, Pendulum-summon!

[Four monsters appear]

Vega: Magical Abductor!

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,700]

Vega: Rescue Hamster!

ATK: 300]

Vega: Lector Pendulum, the Dracoverlord!

ATK: 1,950]

Vega: And Vector Pendulum, the Dracoverlord!

ATK: 1,850]

Simon: They're both level-4, so I'll bet he plans to Xyz-summon.

Alvin: Or he might tribute those monsters for something stronger, which will also send the Pendulum monsters to his Extra Deck face-up so he can Pendulum-summon them again later.

Vega: [places another card] Next, I activate the Spell: Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. [places another card] I now normal-summon Tuning Gum!

[Tuning Gum appears]

ATK: 400]

Vega: Once per turn, Tuning Gum turns one of my monsters into a Tuner monster this turn. Tuning Gum, lend your power to Rescue Hamster!

[Rescue Hamster becomes a Tuner]

Theodore: You're gonna Synchro-summon?!

Vega: Yep. I tune my level-1 Tuning Gum to my level-4 Vector Pendulum!

[Said two monsters tune together]

Vega: I Synchro-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 5
DEF: 2,600]

Vega: Next, I tune my level-4 Rescue Hamster to my level-4 Lector Pendulum!

[Said monsters tune together]

Vega: I Synchro-summon... [places another card from his Extra Deck] Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 8
ATK: 2,850]

Theodore: Two Synchro-summons in one turn?!

Vega: That's right. Now, I activate my Ignister Prominence's effect. Once per turn, I can special-summon a Dracoslayer monster from my deck in defense mode, but it can't be used as a Synchro material. [places a card from his deck] I special-summon another copy of Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer!

[Said monster appears]

DEF: 0]

Vega: Now, I overlay my level-4 Luster Pendulum and Magical Abductor to build the Overlay Network!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Vega: [places another card from his Extra Deck] I Xyz-summon Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer!

[Said monster emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 4

Vega: When I Xyz-summon this monster, I get to add a Pendulum monster from my deck to my hand during the end phase of this turn. Now for my attacks! Majester Paladin, attack Buster Whelp!

[Majester Paladin charges at Buster Whelp and strikes it, destroying it]

[LP:
Theodore: 2,550 (Hand: 3)
Vega: 4,000 (Hand: 0)]

Vega: You're wide-open now! Ignister Prominence, attack him directly and wipe him out!

[Ignister Prominence charges at Theodore]

Theodore: [reveals face-down] I activate the Trap: Defense Draw! The battle damage from this attack is dropped to 0, and I draw a card!

[The attack is cancelled out; Theodore draws a card]

Vega: Lucky you. But you made a big mistake in leaving your monster in attack mode. I'll have my Xyz monster use an Overlay Unit to special-summon another copy of Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer from my deck in defense mode!

[Said monster appears]

DEF: 0]

Vega: I end my turn by adding another copy of Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer from my deck to my hand with the effect of my Dracoslayer Xyz monster.

Theodore: [draws] I draw! Now, I activate Buster Whelp's special ability. By discarding a Destruction Sword card from my hand, I can special-summon Buster Whelp back from the graveyard. [discards a card] I discard Destruction Sword Fusion to activate the effect!

[Buster Whelp reappears]

DEF: 300]

Theodore: [places another card] Next, I activate Graceful Charity! [draws three cards and discards two] I draw three, then discard two: Buster Blader and Flash Knight. [places two cards] Now it's time for my own Pendulum cards to take the stage: Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior and Dragonox, the Empowered Warrior!

[Said two monsters appear; Pendulum Scale: 2-7]

Theodore: These Pendulum cards let me special-summon monsters between levels 3 and 6 all at once! [places two cards] Go, Pendulum-summon!

[Two monsters appear]

Theodore: Level-6 Des Volstgalph!

[LV: 6
ATK: 2,200]

Theodore: And level-4 Misaki the Legendary Swordsman!

ATK: 1,100]

Theodore: Des Volstgalph, attack Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer!

[Des Volstgalph fires its attack at Majester Paladin, destroying it]

[LP:
Theodore: 2,550 (Hand: 0)
Vega: 3,650 (Hand: 1)]

Theodore: When Des Volstgalph destroys a monster in battle and sends it to the graveyard, you take 500 points of damage!

[Vega gets blasted with damage]

[LP:
Theodore: 2,550 (Hand: 0)
Vega: 3,150 (Hand: 1)]

Theodore: Misaki, attack Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer!

[Misaki strikes Master Pendulum, destroying it]

Vega: Good thing you didn't attack it with Des Volstgalph, or its damaging effect wouldn't have worked, because if a Pendulum monster would be sent from the field to the graveyard, it gets sent to the top of its owner's Extra Deck face-up so they can be Pendulum-summoned again later. The same thing happened to Rescue Hamster and my Dracoverlords on my last turn.

Theodore: [in his mind] That could be risky. Only one thing to do. [aloud] I tune my level-1 Buster Whelp to my level-4 Misaki and level-6 Des Volstgalph!

[Said three monsters tune together]

Theodore: Feast your eyes, for from three come one!
And from one come might from the sun!

I Synchro-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Star Eater!

[Star Eater appears and roars]

[LV: 11
ATK: 3,200]

Alvin: That's the card Theodore got after Rebecca's duel against the guy who tried to kidnap Pegasus over a year ago!

Simon: I forgot he still had that card!

Hunter: Theodore's got this in the bag!

Theodore: I end my turn.

Vega: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Pot of Riches! [returns two cards from his graveyard and one from his Extra Deck to his main deck] By returning three Pendulum monsters from my graveyard and/or face-up in my Extra Deck: Magical Abductor, Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer, and Rescue Hamster, I draw two more cards. [draws two cards] Because I activated this card, I can't special-summon any monsters outside of a Pendulum-summon. Now, I activate the effect of my Ignister Prominence! Once per turn, I get to destroy a Pendulum monster or a card in either of the Pendulum Zones, and if I do, I can shuffle a card on the field back into its owner's deck. I'll destroy Dragodeus, the Empowered Warrior and return Star Eater to the Extra Deck!

Theodore: I chain my set card: [reveals set card] Extra Buck! Each time at least one card is sent back to its Extra Deck, this card gains a Spell Counter, and once it has three, I can send it to the graveyard to draw two cards.

Vega: Too little, too late!

[Dragodeus is destroyed; Star Eater disappears back into Theodore's Extra Deck; Extra Buck gains a Spell Counter]

Vega: The end is here! Ignister Prominence, attack him directly and finish him!

Theodore: This duel isn't over yet, Vega! I activate the Pendulum Effect of Dragonox, the Empowered Warrior! By destroying it, I end your battle phase!

[Dragonox is destroyed; Extra Buck gains another Spell Counter]

Vega: No way! [growls] I forgot Pendulum cards had effects while in the Pendulum Zones, too! I'm such an idiot! [sets two cards] Go ahead! Make your next move! See what I care!

Theodore: [draws] Thank you. I draw! [places a card] I activate Card of Demise! [draws three cards] This card lets me draw until my hand holds three cards. But I can't special-summon this turn, and you take no damage this turn, either. Plus, I gotta discard my entire hand at the end of my turn. [sets three cards] I set these cards and end my turn.

Vega: [draws] I draw! So what if I have three set cards do deal with? It's no big deal. I could activate my Synchro monster's effect again, but since your Pendulum Zones are empty, and I intend to keep my Pendulum cards, I'll forgo the effect for now. [places three cards from his Extra Deck] Dracoverlords, Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer, come back to the field!

[Said three monsters reappear]

[VECTOR PENDULUM, THE DRACOVERLORD:
LV: 4

[LECTOR PENDULUM, THE DRACOVERLORD:
ATK: 1,950]

[LUSTER PENDULUM, THE DRACOSLAYER:

Vega: Next, I activate my set card: [reveals set card] Extra Buck! My very own copy. Now, to perform a Contact Fusion! I fuse Lector Pendulum, the Dracoverlord with Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer! I Fusion-summon...!

[Said two monsters fuse together to form...]

Vega: Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer!

ATK: 2,000]

[Theodore's Extra Buck gains another Spell Counter; Vega's gains one]

Vega: While I control this monster, my Dracoslayers in my Monster Zones and Pendulum Zones can't be destroyed in battle or by your card effects. So if you've got Mirror Force set, it won't work. And Dinoster Power has another effect. Once per turn, I get to special-summon a Dracoslayer Pendulum monster from my hand or graveyard. But since my hand is empty and my graveyard doesn't have any Dracoslayer Pendulum monsters, I can't activate it. Not that it matters, 'cause I've won this duel already! Dinoster Power, attack Theodore directly!

[Dinoster Power charges at Theodore and strikes]

Theodore: I activate my Trap Card: [reveals set card] Nutrient-Z! If I'm about to take at least 2,000 points of battle damage, I gain 4,000 life points before taking the damage!

[LP:
Theodore: 6,550 (then dropped to 4,550) (Hand: 0)
Vega: 3,150 (Hand: 0)]

Vega: Your Nutrient-Z may keep you in the duel for one more turn, but that won't stop my Ignister Prominence from attacking you directly!

Theodore: I activate my Trap: [reveals face-down] Call of the Haunted! This card lets me special-summon a monster from my graveyard. I special-summon Buster Blader back to the field!

[Buster Blader appears]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,600]

Vega: Not that monster! Ignister Prominence, hold your fire!

[Ignister Prominence stops]

Vega: The reason I held back, kid, is 'cause my monsters are Dragon-types, and Buster Blader gains 500 attack points for each Dragon-type monster the opponent controls and in the opponent's graveyard. I've got four, so that means 2,000 extra attack points for Buster Blader.

[BUSTER BLADER:
ATK: 4,600]

Vega: I'll hafta end my turn. But you still can't destroy my Dracoslayers while Dinoster Power is on the field.

Theodore: [draws] My turn! I draw! And now that Extra Buck has three Spell Counters, I'll send it to the graveyard and draw two cards.

[Extra Buck vanishes; Theodore draws two cards]

Theodore: [discards a card] Next, I discard this card. Since Destruction Swordsman Fusion is in my graveyard, by discarding a card, I can return it to my hand. [takes a card from his graveyard] Now, I activate... [places the card] Destruction Swordsman Fusion! This card lets me Fusion-summon a monster who requires Buster Blader as a Fusion material. And it not only lets me use monsters from my hand or field, but it also lets me use monsters you control, too! I fuse Buster Blader with your Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer!

Vega: What?! No!

[Buster Blader fuses with Dinoster Power]

Theodore: Warrior and dragon, it's time to unite!
Merge and help me win this fight!

I Fusion-summon... Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman!

[Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman, appears and poses triumphantly]

ATK: 2,800]

Vega: No! Without my Mighty Dracoslayer, my Dracoslayers are in danger!

Theodore: Though the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman can't attack directly, he gains 1,000 attack points for each Dragon-type monster you control and in your graveyard! You have one in your graveyard and three on your field, which gives my swordsman 4,000 more attack points!

[BUSTER BLADER, THE DRAGON DESTROYER SWORDSMAN:
ATK: 6,800]

Theodore: That's not all, Vega. While I control my swordsman, your Dragon-type monsters switch into defense mode and can't activate their effects!

[All of Vega's monsters switch into defense mode]

Theodore: And since your best monster has no defense points, you're at Buster Blader's mercy! And more importantly, Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman can inflict piercing battle damage if he attacks a monster in defense mode!

Vega: This can't be happening!

Theodore: Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman, attack and destroy Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer, and end this duel!

[Buster Blader raises his sword and bisects Ignister Prominence, destroying it and blasting Vega with damage; Vega screams and hits the ground]

[LP:
Theodore: 4,550 (Hand: 1)
Vega: 0 (Hand: 0)]

Theodore: Game over!

[All remaining monsters vanish]

Theodore: In case you're wondering what my set card was, it was Mirror Force, but it wasn't gonna work on your Dracoslayers last turn since you had that Fusion monster on the field. But that doesn't matter. You lost the duel.

Vega: [retracts his duel disk and gets back on his feet] This duel isn't the end of it! [raises his flaming sword] Demon Sabre!

[He swings his sword, firing a wave of flames at the Spider Riders, who dodge, but hit the ground]

Shadow: How dare he! Guys, it's time to deploy our new powers!

Hunter: You ready?!

Corona: As we'll ever be, baby!

Aqune: Let's do it!

[All eight raise their manacles]

All eight Spider Riders: Arachna Super Power!

[Their Battle Spiders glow and combine with their respective Riders (becoming additional armor in the process (their heads becoming their Riders' helmets))]

Vega: It... can't... be! The Spider Riders and their Battle Spiders... combined?!!

All Spider Riders: Super Spider Riders!

Hunter: Shadow, you look cool as armor!

Shadow: Thanks, man.

Corona: This is amazing!

Aqune: You're stylin', Portia!

Lumen: Wait'll the Inner World refugees hear about this!

Sparkle: Lily's gonna faint when she finds out.

Alvin: Sweet, Dagger! Sweet!

Simon: My first day as a Spider Rider, and already, I get this power-up!

Theodore: I wonder how Igneous and Magma would've felt about this armor if they decided against retiring.

Vega: This is part of the reason why Prescott wanted that Xenon Crystal! He wanted its powers! You'll pay dearly for crippling his chances!

Hunter: The Xenon Crystal was never meant for the likes of him! But we'll be glad to give it to him in our own way! Super Spider Riders, CHARGE!

[All eight Super Spider Riders charge at Vega]

Vega: Go, Demon Dragon!

[His dragon roars; Vega and his dragon fight the Spider Riders rigorously over the course of a minute]

Hunter: I'm lovin' this new super power!

Corona: Long live the Xenon Crystal!

Lumen: At this rate, I might not even need a weapon!

Aqune: I'm like my own weapon!

Sparkle: This is incredible!

Alvin: It's even more incredible to have my brothers fight beside me!

SImon and Theodore: Yeah!

Vega: All that hard work in sending those demons to steal your crystal, and this is all I get?!

Hunter: Get him, Ry!

Ryan: VR Laser Saber command, NOW!

[His saber glows; he strikes Vega through the midsection with it]

Vega: Damn you, VR Trooper!

[Ryan releases his saber]

Ryan: Consider this a warning for Prescott! See ya!

[He swings his saber, firing a wave of energy at Vega, hitting him hard]

Hunter: All right, guys! Let's finish him!

[An upgraded version of the Spider Cannon appears]

Alvin: Hey! Is this the Spider Cannon?!

Dagger: Apparently, once the Xenon Crystal upgraded our powers, it did the same to our cannon.

Tyler: [through Hunter's manacle] That's right. I give you the new and improved Super Spider Cannon. Lock and load the Spider Cells.

Hunter: Right!

[He and the other riders lock and load the Spider Cells; the Super Spider Cannon activates]

Hunter: Super Spider Cannon, locked on target!

Vega: Uh-oh!

Corona: Ready!

Aqune: Aim!

All eight Riders: FIRE!!

[The Super Spider Cannon fires a massive blast of eight colors at Vega and his dragon, hitting them both hard; both scream, fall to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown]

[After the smoke clears, the dragon is gone, and Vega lies on the ground; his manacle and armor are completely destroyed; he has a remote in his hand and is about to push the button]

Hunter: He's got a remote. Be ready to call the machines, guys.

[Vega pushes the button, but nothing happens]

Aqune: Nothing?

Vega: [in his mind] Damn. The blast was so powerful, it short-circuited the remote. I can't summon a robot.

[The Super Spider Riders revert to normal; the cannon vanishes]

Corona: Arrest him!

[Hunter grabs Vega and cuffs him]

Hunter: Marcello Vega, you're under arrest for assault, attempted murder, and conspiracy. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you.

[Back at Prescott's base, Prescott is furious]

Prescott: That worthless Vega! I knew he'd fail me. This was his last chance. [turns to his other henchmen] The Spider Riders' powers have been regenerated, and it's all because of Vega. But thanks to Gelman, we may have a way to match their new powers. Get started, Gelman!

Gelman: Yes, sir!

[He enters his laboratory]

Owen: Sir, what's the plan?

Prescott: It may take a month, but Gelman's plans include brand-new armor for the Demon Riders. More powerful units than ever. And I've also arranged for him to build special units for the rest of you. Pretty soon, ACME will be destroyed, and the Vorsteins will rule once more. [snickers]

[ACME Crime Net Interrogation Room, 1:30pm]

[Hunter and Alvin interrogate Vega]

Alvin: So you're the guy who sent those demons to try and sabotage my side in the search for pieces of the Xenon Crystal, eh? First, one tries to steal a subcrystal on Tangelo Island, then one holds an innocent little girl hostage to try and steal another subcrystal and the Crystal Onix, then you send your Vileplume to treat its pre-evolved forms like slaves, then almost kill two of my friends with Stun Spore to try and delay me, and finally, you send one more demon to try and kill me on Pummelo Island. What do you have to say for yourself, Vega?

Vega: I only did what Prescott told me to do. I needed the money.

Hunter: Which the state's gonna take away from you while you're sittin' in Attica for life for offin' your ex-girlfriend nine months ago.

Vega: Annie may have been a bit-- Pardon me. Kid present. Annika may have been a big-mouthed jerk, but I wouldn't stoop so low as to kill her.

[Cut to outside the room; Corona, Aqune, Alex, and Greg watch]

Alex: Unless he can give us Prescott's location, I can't offer Vega a deal.

Greg: Not that he deserves one, anyway, Alex. He killed his ex.

Alex: We don't know that. Though we have his gunshot residue, we still need a bullet match from Ballistics.

[The phone rings]

Corona: Excuse me. [picks up] ACME Crime Net. Uh-huh. What?! You're joking! I'll tell 'em right away. Thank you. [hangs up] The slug on Annie Nomaks matched with Vega's gun. But that's not all. They matched it to a slug on Alto Rizzoli's body in the morgue.

Aqune: You mean, Vega killed Alto?

Alex: Book him, ladies.

[Corona and Aqune enter the interrogation room]

Vega: What is this?

Corona: Marcello Vega, you're under arrest.

Vega: I'm already under arrest.

Aqune: There's new charges, such as the murders of Annie Nomaks and Ralph Rizzoli. Stand up.

[Vega gets out of his seat; Aqune cuffs him]

Vega: You think I killed my ex-girl and that mobster?!

Hunter: We don't think, Vega. We know. You have the right to remain silent.

Vega: I want my lawyer! Get me a phone so I can call my lawyer!

[Supreme Court, Arraignment, 4:49pm]

[Vega and defense attorney Wilbur Dumont face Judge Torrance Reid]

Clerk: People v. Marcello Vega. Two counts of murder in the first degree, one count of kidnapping in the first degree, 11 counts of attempted murder in the first degree, one count of conspiracy in the first degree.

Judge Reid: I remember prosecuting this defendant during my days as an ADA. But never mind that now. How do you plead, Mr. Vega?

Vega: Not guilty.

Dumont: Three of the attempted murder charges and the kidnapping charge are a stretch, your Honor. All those wrongdoings were committed in the Orange Archipelago.

Alex: At the behest of the defendant who was within the jurisdiction the whole time. The defendant's conspiracy here led to those wrongdoings in the Orange Islands.

Judge Reid: The charges stick, but we'll see what the grand jury calls it. Plea?

Vega: Not guilty on all counts.

Judge Reid: Bail application?

Alex: Considering Mr. Vega's prior conviction and the serious nature of the conspiracy charges, as well as the murder charges, the People request remand.

Dumont: My client will settle for half a million. He can afford it.

Judge Reid: Bail application is denied, Mr. Dumont. The defendant is remanded. [bangs gavel] We're in recess.

[Alex walks up to Dumont and Vega]

Alex: I'm giving you one more offer-- Tell me where Prescott Vorstein is, I'll give you concurrent sentences. 25 to life in protective custody.

Vega: Ratting on Prescott is a one-way ticket to Hell, man. If I tell you, I'm a dead man.

Alex: Given your crimes, there's not an inmate in Attica who'll show you any mercy while you're in gen pop if you don't take my offer.

Vega: I'll take that over getting tortured and killed by Prescott.

Dumont: No deal, Alex. You'll find Prescott, even without my client's help. Good luck.

[He and Vega exit]

[Apartment of Hunter Steele, 7:12pm]

[The whole gang is gathered for dinner]

Hunter: That was one hell of a journey in the Orange Islands you went through, eh, Al?

Alvin: I'll say. [shows the gang his trophy] But I'll never forget all the fun we had. I especially won't forget winning the Orange League championship.

Ash: Alvin, welcome to the club!

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

[Ash and Alvin bump fists]

Tyler: I'm real glad we finally got Alto's killer behind bars. Unfortunately, he still won't give us Prescott.

Aqune: He's a total coward.

Hunter: We'll find Prescott eventually. He can't hide forever.

Ryan: It's too bad I might not be there to see it.

Alvin: What do you mean, Ryan?

Ryan: My flight back to Cross World City's scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00. I've got a dojo to run. J.B. can only hold down the fort for so long.

Tyler: But we're gonna miss you, son.

Ryan: You, too. But it's been fun being a Trooper again and helping protect the city while the Gladiators were away.

Hunter: But you'll come and visit again, won't you?

Ryan: Sure, brah. I'll probably be back for Christmas.

Hunter: Hey, Dad, I wanna ask you something. Our new powers-- Do you think our machines will work in conjunction with them?

Tyler: We're working on that at the moment, son. You won't believe what we'll come up with.

Oracle: [appears before everyone] With the Xenon Quest complete, my friends, I believe it is time for me to take my leave. I am needed in the Inner World.

Hunter: If we ever need you again, we'll call.

Oracle: Once Argon himself launches a full assault, I will return and assist you in destroying my old enemy. Best wishes to you all.

[She vanishes]

Hunter: So, guys, tell us about your adventures in the Orange Islands.

Alvin: Well, we visited the Pokémon Park in Tangelo Island, then I saved a Lapras from getting tortured by thugs.

Ash: I bet they were the same ones who tried to abuse the Lapras I used to own before I caught it.

Pikachu: Pika.

Simon: Meanwhile, I took on the Mikan Gym Leader after saving her brother from drowning.

Theodore: And I took on the Navel Gym Leader.

Jeanette: Ellie and I battled the Kumquat Gym Leader.

Eleanor: After she gave us a night's worth of free use at the hotel.

Brittany: And I battled the Trovita Gym Leader. He's quite cute, and he's got a sweet little sister. By the way, Ash, he sends his regards. And the next time get in touch with Misty, tell her Rudy and Mahri said hi.

Ash: You bet I will, Britt.

[The gang continues chatting about the Orange Island adventures]

[FINAL NOTE:
Marcello Vega is currently awaiting trial.
The Orange Archipelago Pokémon thugs were permanently stripped of their Pokémon licenses and are currently serving the maximum sentence in separate maximum security prisons for their crimes.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Soprano: Your madness must cease at once, Prescott Vorstein!

Prescott: Oh, please. You couldn't get the Xenon Crystal, either.

R.J.: You sent that hitman to kill my father!

Prescott: Oh, I did more than just that.

Soprano and Prescott: Let's duel!

Soprano: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Prescott vs. Soprano. Vigilance, dedication, courage. Why am I even bothering to say that line?

Last edited by TVLubber (8/06/2023 10:12 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/24/2016 9:10 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 250: The Xenon Quest Pt. 7

Wow.

Board footera