ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2017 9:36 pm  #1

Side-Fic 256: Alvin and the Magician Girls Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Dark Magician Girl: It's about that time again. For your safety, leave the lights on in your room, and don't sit too close to the screen.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

Alvin: Previously on ACME Crime Net,...

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[Belvedere Castle, Central Park, Tuesday, February 28th, 9:49am]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 3)
Katherine: 3,800 (Hand: 1)]

Katherine: Dark Magic Attack!

[Her red Dark Magician fires at Lemon Magician Girl]

Alvin: I activate Lemon Magician Girl's second effect! [places a card] If you attack her, I special-summon a Spellcaster from my hand with its effects negated and take the hit for her. Kiwi Magician Girl, come forth!

[Kiwi Magician Girl appears in the line of fire]

[LV: 5
ATK: 1,800]

Alvin: But that's not all. The current attack points of your attacking monster get cut in half!

[DARK MAGICIAN:
ATK: 1,250]

Alvin: Counterattack with Kiwi Burning Attack!

[Kiwi Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter, repelling Dark Magician's attack and destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 2)
Katherine: 3,350 (Hand: 1)]

Alvin: One less problem to worry about.

Katherine: I'll make you pay, big time! Ebon High Magician, attack Lemon Magician Girl and wipe him out, and don't blow this time!

[Ebon High Magician fires a blast from his scepter at Lemon Magician Girl]

Alvin: [in his mind] I can't use Lemon Magician Girl's effect again this turn. But I still have the set card in my back row. [aloud; reveals face-down] I activate the Trap: Magic Cylinder!

[Two cylinders appear; Ebon High Magician's attack gets absorbed into one cylinder, then fires at Katherine directly from the other]

Alvin: This card negates your attack and inflicts damage to you equal to the attacker's attack points!

[Katherine screams as she gets struck with the damage]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 2)
Katherine: 1,050 (Hand: 1)]

[The buzz saw on Katherine's side gets even closer to her, until it stops at 1,050]

Katherine: Lucky break, kid!

Sora: [breathes a sigh of relief] I was getting really nervous.

Layla: Me, too, but I'm glad Alvin pulled through.

Alvin: Katherine, why don't you make things a lot easier by setting us all free and dueling honorably?

Katherine: Absolutely not. It ruins the fun.

Alvin: You do understand that if you lose, you'll be as good as dead, don't you?

Katherine: I'm willing to take that risk. Prescott Vorstein's paying me a bundle for this gig.

Alvin: If you wanted money so bad, you should never have wasted your career away by burning the owner of your sponsor alive. Come on, Katherine. What drove you to it,... ThunderKat?

Katherine: [gasps] How dare you address me by my original pseudonym!

Alvin: As if I had a choice! [pushes a button on the voice recorder feature of his duel disk]

Katherine: All right. After that incident at the children's hospital, I stopped performing for three years, but then I realized it still wouldn't leave my blood, so I went back to my career and went by the name of Katherine the Grand. Since then, I've been the greatest female illusionist since Melinda, the First Lady of Magic. Hell, I was even almost as good as Harry Houdini. I had it all. Fame, money, fans, but more importantly, my only loyal backstage fan, Lewis Lomatin. We were gonna be married, but then, about two months ago, he was driving his cousin and her children to dinner when a bolt of red lightning struck their car, blowing it up and taking their lives. All four of them. All the authorities knew was the one who killed them had a round silver head. And a third eye on its forehead.

Alvin: [in his mind] Argon! That backstabbing menace!

Katherine: I fell into a deep depression since that day, and Sydney Roache, who knew of my secret from 2005, took advantage of that and withdrew his funding. That's why I killed him last night. After I fled, Prescott came up to me with a business proposition. He offered me $1,000,000 to guard the gourd containing the Magician Girls and kill any ACME detectives who got in my way. And not only would he pay me, but he'd also give me the weaponry I need to eliminate the one who killed my fiancé.

Alvin: [aloud] Argon did it.

Katherine: Excuse me?

Alvin: There's only one being in the universe who matches the description of the one who killed your fiancé and his relatives. Argon, one of Prescott's henchmen. He sent Argon to kill your fiancé just to destroy your career!

Katherine: Impossible. When he hired me, there was no one named Argon in his base.

Alvin: Prescott must've hidden him. Don't you see, Katherine? He doesn't care about you. He only cares about himself, destruction, despair, and general all-around chaos. He's a monster! He's responsible for your fiancé's death! And he won't even care if you lose this duel and die! [stops the recording]

Katherine: Shut up! If this is all it takes to avenge Lewis, then so be it! Back to the duel! First, I switch my Magician's Robe into defense mode.

[Magician's Robe switches into defense mode]

[DEF: 2,000]

Katherine: [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Alvin: My turn! [draws] I draw! [looks at what he just drew] Perfect! I activate the Spell: [places a card] The True Name! This card lets me guess the name of the card on top of my deck. Then I'll reveal it. If it's wrong, I'll send it to the graveyard. But if it's right, I'll add it, along with a Divine monster from my deck, to my hand.

Katherine: Name the card.

Alvin: The card I name is Card of Sanctity!

Katherine: Go ahead and draw it, not that it's gonna save you, anyway.

Alvin: Here we go.

[He takes the card on top of his deck and reveals it:]

Alvin: Card of Sanctity! [takes a card from his deck] Right on the money! That means I can add a Divine monster from my deck to my hand. [reveals said card] The card I choose is Obelisk the Tormentor!

Katherine: An Egyptian God card?!

Alvin: Righty-o, Katherine! I tribute Lemon Magician Girl, Kiwi Magician Girl, and Battle Fader!

[All three monsters vanish]

Alvin: Legendary gods of Egypt, please hear my call. In the name of all pharaohs, I now beseech thee. [places a card] I summon Obelisk the Tormentor!

[Obelisk the Tormentor appears and snarls]

[LV: 10
ATK: 4,000]

Layla: His Egyptian God.

Sora: He's got this won.

Alvin: Obelisk, eliminate Ebon High Magician and wipe out the rest of Katherine's life points! Fist of Fury!

[Obelisk charges at Ebon High Magician, fist ready]

Alvin: [in his mind] If this attack hits, I win!

Katherine: I activate the Spell: [reveals set card] Ego Boost! Ebon High Magician gains 1,000 attack points.

[EBON HIGH MAGICIAN:
ATK: 3,300]

[Obelisk strikes Ebon High Magician, destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 3)
Katherine: 350 (Hand: 0)]

[Katherine's saw gets closer until it stops at 350]

Alvin: That card will only prolong your defeat.

Katherine: Unfortunately for you, Ebon High Magician's effect activates. If he's destroyed, I can special-summon a Dark Spellcaster-type monster from my hand or deck. Since my hand's empty, this one's coming from my deck. [places a card from her deck] Magician of Dark Illusion!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,100]

Katherine: And get this: Magician of Dark Illusion, while on the field, is treated as Dark Magician, which means he's empowered by Dark Magical Circle!

Alvin: Don't bother targeting Obelisk. Card effects that target don't work on him.

Katherine: All right, I won't. I'll just banish Dragonpulse Magician instead!

[Dragonpulse Magician vanishes]

Katherine: And with only one occupied Pendulum Zone, you can't Pendulum-summon. But there's more. By destroying Ebon High Magician, after the summoning of my magician, I destroy one card on the field. I'll aim for Obelisk the Tormentor! And this effect does not target!

[Obelisk is destroyed]

Alvin: Obelisk!

Katherine: Do you surrender?

Alvin: Never! [places another card] I enter main phase 2 and activate Card of Sanctity! Each of us draws until our hands hold six cards.

[He and Katherine each do so]

Alvin: Don't think I'm finished yet. [places another card] I activate Dimension Fusion! Each of us special-summons our banished monsters. Normally, I'd have to pay 2,000 life points, but thanks to Spell Economics, it's free. Dark Magician Girl, Dragonpulse Magician, Rainbow Kuriboh, and Battle Fader, return to the field!

[Said monsters reappear]

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 2,000 (boosted to 2,900)]

[DRAGONPULSE MAGICIAN:
DEF: 900]

[BATTLE FADER:
DEF: 0]

[RAINBOW KURIBOH:
DEF: 100]

Alvin: And you?

Katherine: Nothing. You're lucky, Alvin.

Alvin: And now that Dark Magician Girl's back, I'll activate this: [places another card] Dark Burning Attack! This card destroys all face-up monsters you control!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Katherine's monsters, destroying them all]

Alvin: [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Katherine: [draws] I draw! My field may be empty, but thanks to your Card of Sanctity, my hand is more than full. [places a card] I activate Scapegoat!

[Four Sheep Tokens appear]

Alvin: If you were really smart, you'd wait 'til my turn to activate that card.

Katherine: [places another card] Oh, I am. I activate Token Thanksgiving! This card destroys all tokens on the field and gives me 800 life points for each of them.

[All four Sheep Tokens disappear]

[LP:
Alvin: 600 (Hand: 4)
Katherine: 3,550 (Hand: 5)]

Alvin: Gaining life points won't save you.

Katherine: We'll see. [sets two cards] I set two cards and end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! Leaving yourself wide-open for direct attacks was a big mistake, Katherine. I switch Dragonpulse Magician into attack mode!

[DRAGONPULSE MAGICIAN:
ATK: 1,800]

Alvin: As soon as my monsters attack, your life points will drop down to 0! Dragonpulse Magician, attack her directly!

[Dragonpulse Magician fires a blast from his staff at Katherine]

Katherine: Your moves are too predictable, Alvin. I activate the Trap: [reveals set card] Mirror Force!

[A protective barrier surrounds her field]

Alvin: I activate the Trap: [reveals set card] Trap Jammer! There goes your Mirror Force!

Katherine: I knew you'd try something like that. [reveals another set card] I activate my own Trap Jammer!

Alvin: No!

[Dragonpulse Magician gets reflected right back at him and Dark Magician Girl, destroying them both; Dragonpulse Magician disappears into Alvin's Extra Deck]

Katherine: I've always loved Mirror Force. Very useful in any deck.

Alvin: You just got lucky! But luckily for me, Dragonpulse Magician doesn't go to the graveyard. He's a Pendulum Monster, which means instead of going to the graveyard, he goes to the top of my Extra Deck face-up. [sets a card] Now, I set this card to my back row. [places another card] Then comes Berry Magician Girl once again!

[Berry Magician Girl appears]

Alvin: [takes a card from his deck] By normal-summoning her, I get to add Chocolate Magician Girl from my deck to my hand. [places another card] Next, I activate Graceful Charity! [draws three cards; discards two] I draw three cards and discard Absolute King Back Jack and Spiritual Swords of Revealing Light. And by sending Absolute King Back Jack to the graveyard, I get to look at the top three cards of my deck, then put them back on top of my deck in any order.

[He looks at the top three cards of his deck and rearranges them, then places them back on top of his deck]

Alvin: Go ahead and move. But don't think just because you wanna avenge your fiancé I'm gonna show you any mercy after all the suffering you've caused.

[Katherine growls]

[Back at Bethesda Fountain, Savage fights the remaining Gladiators, Simon, and Theodore]

Simon: Tell us where my brother and the others are!

Theodore: Or you'll be sorry!

Savage: I'll take it to my grave!

[He strikes the two Super Spider Riders w/his sword]

Brittany: [dials 6 on her Kaleido Brace] All right, Savage! Time for Mega Mode!

[She converts to Mega Mode]

Brittany: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

[She whips out her Mega YumeBlade]

Savage: Pathetic.

[He fires a blast from his horns at Brittany, hitting her]

Brittany: Girls, I need backup!

Mia: Anna, Sarah, it's time to put our new Kaleido Braces to the test.

Anna and Sarah: Right!

All three: Kaleido Braces!

[Kaleido Braces appear on their right wrists]

Mia, Anna, and Sarah: [dial 1] 1! Energize!

[Their right hands glow]

Mia: Pixie Punch!

[She punches Savage]

Anna: Geo Pound!

[She slams her fist to the ground, sending shockwaves toward Savage, hitting him; Savage hits the ground]

Sarah: [as her brace sends a high-pitched sound wave toward Savage] High-Pitch Wave!

[Savage screams as he covers his ears and kneels to the ground until the sound fades]

Savage: How can you all stand it?!

Sarah: Only the intended target is affected by the sound. Now, let's go into Double Wing Mode!

[She, Rosetta, Marion, May, Mia, and Anna dial 2 and gain extra wings]

Brittany: Let's fly!

[All seven Gladiators take to the sky; Savage flies after them]

Savage: I'll destroy you all!

[He fires a blast from his horns at the Gladiators; all but Brittany dial 3 and repel the attack w/their prana-powered weapons]

Gladiators (sans Brittany): [dial 4] 4! Energize! Gladiator Animals, rise!

[Their Gladiator Animals appear (Mia's is a giant platinum moth; Anna's is a giant green grasshopper; Sarah's is an orange lorikeet)]

Savage: [growls; fires a flaming blast at the gang from his mouth] Take this!

[The Gladiators and their animals burst through the blast; the animals strike Savage]

Gladiators (sans Brittany): [dial 5] 5! Energize! [gain EnviroCannons] EnviroCannons, engage!

[They lock on Savage]

Mia: Locked on target! Ready!

May: Aim!

All six: EnviroBlast!

[They fire blasts of earth, fire, wind, water, and heart at Savage, hitting him]

Brittany: My turn! [raises her blade] Mega YumeBlade, Mega Dream Strike!

[She swings her blade, but Savage grabs it and kicks her towards the others; all seven Gladiators and their animals hit the ground; the animals vanish]

Savage: Did you honestly think I'd let you win that easily?! You're pathetic!

May: [gets back on her feet] Pathetic, my ass, Savage! [raises her trident] It's time for you to face the might of the Demon Blader!

[She skates toward Savage; the two fight rigorously]

Simon: Wallop him good, May!

Theodore: Knock his block off!

Brittany: Hook him!

[May gives Savage a massive hook to the face]

Savage: Foolish bitch!

[He grabs May and puts her in a Boston Crab hold; May screams]

Marion: No! Not the Boston Crab!

Savage: Before Prescott summoned me from the Underworld, I was the captain of the wrestling team. Too bad for you there's no ring, Wong. No ring means no rope to grab, and no rope to grab means no rope break, and no rope break means no freedom for you! [laughs]

[He tightens his grip on May's legs; May screams in pain]

[Back to the castle...]

Katherine: [draws] My turn! [places a card] Now, I activate the Spell: Double Spell! [discards a card] I discard a Spell Card to take a Spell Card from your deck and use it as one of my own. Hand over Card of Sanctity, Alvin!

[Alvin tosses Card of Sanctity from his graveyard to Katherine's hand; Katherine places it]

Katherine: Now we each draw until we hold six cards in our hands.

[She and Alvin do so]

Katherine: [places another card] Next, I activate the Spell: Monster Reborn! I special-summon Dark Magician back from my graveyard!

[Dark Magician reappears]

Alvin: Let me guess: Dark Magical Circle?

Katherine: That's right, and I'm targeting your Berry Magician Girl!

Alvin: By targeting Berry Magician Girl, you activated her effect. I switch her into defense mode to special-summon a Magician Girl monster from my deck. [places a card from his deck] Chocolate Magician Girl!

[Berry Magician Girl switches into defense mode; Chocolate Magician Girl appears; Berry Magician Girl vanishes]

Katherine: It won't do you any good, Alvin. I activate another Spell: [places another card] Premature Burial! Thanks to Spell Economics, I won't have to pay 800 life points to special-summon a monster from my graveyard. Apprentice Illusion Magician, I summon you!

[Apprentice Illusion Magician reappears]

Katherine: And that's not all. [places another card] I activate Autonomous Action Unit, special-summoning a monster from your graveyard. Control of Dark Magician Girl belongs to me now!

[Dark Magician Girl appears]

[ATK: 2,600]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl would never betray me or her own sisters!

Katherine: But this card will ensure she does! [places another card] I activate Dark Burning Magic! Since I control Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl, all cards you control are destroyed!

[All of Alvin's cards on the field are destroyed]

Alvin: You'll pay for that!

Katherine: The only one who's gonna pay is you, Alvin! You may have a full hand, but your field is completely empty. Nothing left. Sayonara, sucker. Dark Magician Girl, attack your commander and end this duel!

[Dark Magician Girl fires her attack at Alvin directly]

Sora: I can't bear to watch Alvin fall victim to his own monster!

Layla: Poor kid.

Alvin: Do you really think I'd actually be beaten by my own Dark Magician Girl?! Not a chance! I activate the effect of Spiritual Swords of Revealing Light in my graveyard!

[Flashing swords shield Alvin from Dark Magician Girl's attack]

Katherine: No! How can that be?!

Alvin: Before you entered your battle phase, I banished Spiritual Swords of Revealing Light from my graveyard. That means your monsters are forbidden from attacking me directly this turn.

Katherine: [growls] You're only delaying the inevitable. I end my turn.

Alvin: My turn! [draws] I draw! [places another card] I activate Mystical Space Typhoon! This card destroys one Spell or Trap on the field. I'll target Dark Magical Circle!

[Dark Magical Circle is struck by lightning and destroyed]

Katherine: Oh, no!

Alvin: Now, prepare for another of my ace monsters! [banishes two cards] I banish Rainbow Kuriboh and Battle Fader from my graveyard to special-summon... [places another card] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning!

[Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning appears]

[LV: 8
ATK: 3,000]

Katherine: I can't believe it!

Alvin: Black Luster Soldier, attack Apprentice Illusion Magician! Luster Blade Attack!

[Black Luster Soldier strikes Apprentice Illusion Magician w/his blade, destroying her]

[LP:
Katherine: 2,550 (Hand: 3)]

Alvin: And because he destroyed a monster in battle, he can attack once more! Soldier, attack her Dark Magician!

[Black Luster Soldier strikes and destroys Dark Magician w/his blade]

[LP:
Katherine: 2,050 (Hand: 3)]

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 2,900]

Alvin: I'll find a way to get my Dark Magician Girl back from your control. In the meantime, I end my turn.

Katherine: Too scared to harm her, eh? [draws] Coward. [places a card] Now, I activate Pre-Preparation of Rites! [takes two cards from her deck] This card lets me add a Ritual Spell Card and its appropriate Ritual monster from my deck to my hand: Black Magic Ritual and Magician of Black Chaos. I take it you're familiar with that monster?

Alvin: What duelist isn't? Yugi used Magician of Black Chaos to defeat Pegasus in Duelist Kingdom.

Katherine: That's right. [places a card] Now, I activate Black Magic Ritual! I tribute Dark Magician of Chaos from my hand to perform a Ritual-summon! Behold!

[Dark Magician of Chaos appears, then vanishes; in his place appears...]

Katherine: Magician of Black Chaos!

ATK: 2,800]

Alvin: Nice move, but not enough to beat my soldier!

Katherine: [places another card] That's why I'm gonna activate Advance Draw! I tribute Magician of Black Chaos to draw two more cards.

[Magician of Black Chaos vanishes; Katherine draws two cards]

Katherine: And not only does Dark Magician Girl gain attack points from the Dark Magicians in the graveyard, but for each copy of Magician of Black Chaos, as well.

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 3,200]

Alvin: That makes her stronger than my Black Luster Soldier!

Katherine: But there's more. [places another card] I activate Card Destruction! We each discard our hands and draw the same number we discarded. [discards her hand, then draws two cards] I discard Mystic Box and a spare copy of Magician of Black Chaos I drew with Advance Draw, then draw two new cards.

[Alvin discards his hand, then draws four new cards]

Katherine: Another 300 points for Dark Magician Girl!

[ATK: 3,500]

Black Luster Soldier: Don't do this, Dark Magician Girl! She's using you!

Katherine: Ignore him! Dark Magician Girl, annihilate Black Luster Soldier! Dark Burning Attack!

[Dark Magician Girl fires at Black Luster Soldier, destroying him]

[LP:
Alvin: 100 (Hand: 4)
Katherine: 2,050 (Hand: 2)]

Alvin: You're ruthless, Katherine! Abusing your own monsters just to use one of mine against me!

Katherine: But it's no fun if I don't defeat you with your own monster. And I don't care if I have to use my monsters as cannon fodder. My mission is to eliminate you. And I'm only 100 points away from victory.

[Alvin's saw gets even closer to him until it hits the 100 mark; the tank fills up with more water until it hits the 100 mark; Sora and Layla struggle to swim to the top of the tank]

Sora: Just enough breathing room! But I can't take much more!

Layla: Don't give up, Alvin! You're not out yet!

Katherine: Shut up! I'm calling the shots here! I end my turn.

Alvin: I'll make you pay, Katherine! [draws] I draw! [sets a card] I set this card, and my turn is over.

Katherine: Oh, choosing to give up, eh? [draws] Good. Now Dark Magician Girl shall wipe you out! The end of Alvin Seville is at hand!

[Dark Magician Girl raises her scepter]

Sora: Alvin! NO!!

Katherine: Goodbye, Alvin! Dark Magician Girl, eliminate your partner with Dark Burning Attack!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Alvin]

[Cut back to the fight with Savage at Bethesda Fountain]

May: [in her mind] What's wrong with me?! I've taught my brothers and sisters a lot of wrestling moves, but they weren't this painful!

Savage: I think one leg's enough for me. [releases May's left leg, then bends her right leg back] Time for a single-leg Boston Crab!

[May screams again and bursts into tears]

Mia: Poor May.

Marion: I've never seen her cry like this.

Sarah: It sounds even more painful than when she hurt her arm while performing Dracula with Leon.

May: [in her mind] This really, really hurts! But I can't just lie here crying like this. I've gotta keep it together!

Savage: Ready for the left leg?!

[He releases May's right leg, then bends the left back]

May: I won't let you win this, Savage!

[As she brings her foot closer to Savage's face, the wheels of her left rollerblade spin; Savage screams as his face gets struck by the wheels, causing him to release May; May carefully skates up to the gang]

May: You may have dealt me a major blow, Savage, but just like when I overcame an injury to perfect the Demon Spiral at Kaleido Stage, I can surely do the same here!

[Suddenly, her Kaleido Brace starts to glow]

Brittany: May, your Kaleido Brace!

May: As I thought. [dials 6] 6! Energize! Mega Armor, activate!

[She gains demon armor; her wings expand; her trident takes on a new shape; she gains a new black blade: The Demon Blade]

May: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

[She does a skating pirouette and poses]

Savage: Another Mega?! But how?!

May: Some mysteries are not worth solving, and for demons like you, this is no exception!

[She skates toward Savage and does a screw spin w/her weapons]

May: Double... Weapon... SCREW SPIN!!

[She strikes Savage w/her weapons; Savage screams]

Savage: [charges at May w/his sword on hand] I'll kill you!

[May raises her trident]

May: Mega Demon Wave!

[She swings her trident, firing a powerful wave of black energy at Savage, hitting him]

May: [raises her blade] Prepare for the final blow! [takes to the sky] Demon... SKY STRIKE!!

[She bisects Savage hard w/her blade; Savage screams, becomes electrified, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Savage lies on the ground unconscious; his body is completely charred]

Simon: Good job, May!

Mia: Way to go! You beat Savage!

May: [groans; kneels down] My legs are still aching from those wrestling moves he pulled on me.

[Suddenly, she notices a blast of burning magic coming from Belvedere Castle]

May: Oh, my God! Guys, follow me to Belvedere Castle!

Simon: Theodore and I will send for the other Spider Riders!

[He and Theodore exit as the Gladiators fly off]

[Cut back to the castle]

Katherine: Bye-bye, Alvin!

[Dark Magician Girl's attack approaches Alvin]

Alvin: I activate the effect of Absolute King Back Jack in my graveyard! I banish it to excavate the top card of my deck!

[Absolute King Back Jack appears with the top card of Alvin's deck]

Alvin: If the card I excavated happens to be a Trap Card, I can set it to the field and activate it this turn. It not, it goes to the graveyard. Ready for the big reveal?!

Katherine: Why should I care?! Go ahead!

Alvin: All right! Here we go!

[The card is revealed to be:]

Alvin: Storming Mirror Force! I activate it now!

[Storming Mirror Force unleashes a reflective blast on Dark Magician Girl, blocking her attack and transporting her back into Alvin's hand]

Katherine: No!

Alvin: Storming Mirror Force is a lot like Mirror Force, except it sends all opposing monsters in attack mode back to their owners' hands. And since Dark Magician Girl is my monster, she returns to my hand.

Sora and Layla: Thank God!

Katherine: I hate when luck triumphs over skill. But I've still got one more trick up my sleeve with the three cards in my hand. [places another card] I activate Soul Absorption! While I control this card, each time a card is banished, I gain 500 life points for each one. [places another card] Next comes Soul Release! [banishes five cards from her graveyard] I banish five monsters from my graveyard: All three of my Dark Magicians, Apprentice Illusion Magician, and Magician of Black Chaos. That means 2,500 life points from Soul Absorption!

[LP:
Katherine: 4,550 (Hand: 1)]

Katherine: [places another card] Now, I activate my own copy of Dimension Fusion! I special-summon all five of my banished monsters!

[Her five banished monsters reappear]

Alvin: I special-summon Berry Magician Girl, Battle Fader, Rainbow Kuriboh, and Absolute King Back Jack in defense mode.

[Said monsters appear]

Alvin: And I'll activate my face-down card: [reveals set card] Jar of Avarice! [shuffles five cards from his graveyard back into his deck] I shuffle five cards from my graveyard back into my deck: Card of Sanctity, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, Trap Jammer, Kiwi Magician Girl, and Magic Cylinder, then draw a card. [draws a card]

Katherine: But now I have a whole field of magicians ready to annihilate you on my next turn. Did you really think your ordinary deck could take on a deck full of Dark Magicians? You're a fool. I end my turn.

Alvin: [in his mind] She could be right. I don't have a lot of options left. But I can't give up. Sora and Layla are counting on me. I love them like they're my own big sisters. Not only that, but I'm only 100 points of damage away from what could be my doom. What I draw next, it's do or die.

[He prepares to draw; the spirit of Dark Magician Girl appears beside him]

Dark Magician Girl: I have faith in you, Alvin. You can do this.

[She places her hand on top of Alvin's]

Alvin: [aloud] Yes. I can do this. I must do this. For Sora. For Layla. For Dark Magician Girl and her sisters. For the sake of the real Dark Magician. And for me. Heart of the cards, guide me. [draws] I draw!

Katherine: Go ahead and play your last card, Alvin. It won't save you.

Alvin: Oh, really? [places a card] First, I activate the Spell: Enemy Controller! I tribute Rainbow Kuriboh to take control of one of your Dark Magicians! [enters the code on the Enemy Controller] Enter code: Left-right-A-B!

[Rainbow Kuriboh vanishes; one of Katherine's Dark Magicians transfers to Alvin's field]

Alvin: Isn't it ironic?

Katherine: You may know enough about the Dark Magician, but you can't defeat me so easily with one of mine alone.

Alvin: That's where you're wrong, Katherine. I activate this Spell: [places another card] The Eye of Timaeus!

Katherine: Where'd you get that?!

Alvin: A contest at a convention. Timaeus, arise!

[Timaeus rises and roars]

Alvin: Fuse with Dark Magician! I Fusion-summon...!

[Timaeus fuses with Dark Magician to form...]

Alvin: Amulet Dragon!

[On Timaeus' back is the actual Dark Magician]

ATK: 2,900]

Alvin: Now, I activate his effect and banish a number of Spell Cards from our graveyards, giving him 100 attack points for each one. I'll banish 28 Spells!

[Amulet Dragon absorbs the power of the Spell Cards in each graveyard]

[ATK: 5,700]

Katherine: Big mistake, 'cause Soul Absorption gives me 500 life points for each banished card.

[LP:
Katherine: 18,550 (Hand: 0)]

Alvin: Over 18,000 life points? I know my way around it. [places another card] I activate The Shallow Grave! I special-summon Curse of Dragonfire from my graveyard!

[Curse of Dragonfire appears and roars]

[LV: 5
DEF: 1,500]

Katherine: I don't remember you using that monster before.

Alvin: Don't you remember when I used One for One on my first turn to summon The Black Stone of Legend? I had to discard this monster to activate its effect.

Katherine: One for One. Damn! I forgot about that! Well, anyway, I special-summon Ebon High Magician back to my field in defense mode.

[Ebon High Magician reappears]

Alvin: Now, I tribute Battle Fader! Join me once more!

[Battle Fader vanishes, and in his place appears...]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl!

[ATK: 2,600]

Alvin: [places another card] Now, I activate a second copy of Dark Burning Attack! Say goodbye to your defenses!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at all of Katherine's monsters, destroying them]

Alvin: Now, I activate Curse of Dragonfire's effect and fuse him with Dark Magician Girl to Fusion-summon...

[Dark Magician Girl and Curse of Dragonfire fuse together to form...]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight!

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,600]

Alvin: Now, the card I drew with Jar of Avarice's effect: [places another card] Card of Sanctity!

[He and Katherine each draw until their hands hold six cards]

Katherine: [in her mind] Without my Dark Magician, these six Spell Cards are useless.

Alvin: Now come a few extra surprises! [places a card] I activate Super Soldier Ritual! [discards a card] I tribute Absolute King Back Jack and banish Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight from my graveyard that you made me discard earlier!

[Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight appears, then vanishes along with Absolute King Back Jack]

Alvin: The gates of chaos open once again to unleash a soldier of supreme might! I Ritual-summon... [places another card] Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier!

[Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier appears]

ATK: 3,000]

Alvin: But that's not all! [places another card] I activate Monster Reborn! Dark Magician Girl, come back to me!

[Dark Magician Girl reappears]

[ATK: 3,500]

Katherine: Still not enough. All your monsters' combined attack points are just a mere 14,200!

Alvin: Not quite. I still have to switch Berry Magician Girl into attack mode.

[Berry Magician Girl switches into attack mode]

Alvin: [discards a card] Now, I discard Kiwi Magician Girl from my hand to activate her effect! All my Magician Girl monsters gain 300 attack points for each different Magician Girl I control and in my graveyard. And I count seven! Lemon Magician Girl, Apple Magician Girl, Chocolate Magician Girl, and Kiwi Magician Girl in my graveyard, and Berry Magician Girl, Dark Magician Girl, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight on my field!

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL THE DRAGON KNIGHT:
ATK: 4,700]

[BERRY MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 2,500]

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
ATK: 5,600]

Alvin: This duel is over!

Katherine: No! I can't lose! Don't do this to me, Alvin!

Alvin: This is for the murder of Sydney Roache! Berry Magician Girl, attack Katherine directly!

[Berry Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Katherine, hitting her; Katherine screams]

[LP:
Alvin: 100 (Hand: 2)
Katherine: 16,050 (Hand: 6)]

Alvin: This is for ever trusting the man responsible for the death of your fiancé! Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier, Supreme Chaos Blade!

[Super Soldier strikes Katherine directly]

[LP:
Katherine: 13,050 (Hand: 6)]

Alvin: This is for Sora and Layla! Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight, Dark Energy Burst!

[Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight fires her attack at Katherine, hitting her]

[LP:
Katherine: 8,350 (Hand: 6)]

Alvin: This is for abusing your own monsters to try and use my own against me! Amulet Dragon, attack!

[Amulet Dragon fires his attack at Katherine, hitting her]

[LP:
Katherine: 2,650 (Hand: 6)]

[Dark Magician Girl points her scepter at Katherine]

Dark Magician Girl: And this final attack is for my sisters, for all the suffering you've caused them, and for endangering Alvin!

Katherine: Alvin, please don't! Take pity on me!

Alvin: Sorry, Katherine, but this is the only way you're gonna learn. Dark Magician Girl, finish her off with Dark Burning Attack!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a massive blast from her scepter at Katherine, hitting her hard; Katherine screams]

[LP:
Katherine: 0 (Hand: 6)]

Alvin and all six Magician Girls: Game over!

[All monsters vanish]

[The box between Alvin's feet opens, revealing a key; Alvin's buzz saw stops]

Alvin: The key!

[He grabs the key and unlocks himself from his shackles]

Katherine: This is impossible! I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die! [blubbers, then laughs and looks at her right sleeve] Then again, I won't. I always have a little trick up my sleeves. [whips out a spare key from her sleeve] A spare key! I'll be able to make my greatest escape after all!

[Suddenly, Argon appears in the sky and zaps the key to dust with his third eye]

Katherine: My key! [looks up; gasps] It's you! You're the talking head who killed my fiancé!

Argon: And you're the magician who failed to keep her end of the bargain! Now, in the name of Prescott Vorstein, your punishment is death!

[Katherine's buzz saw is nearing the 0 mark]

Alvin: Katherine!

[Suddenly, another cloaked figure approaches and hands Alvin a key]

Alvin: Who are you?

Figure: Never mind that. Save her, pronto!

Alvin: Right.

[As the figure leaves, Alvin runs up to Katherine]

Katherine: Alvin, what are you doing?! Just take the girls and go!

Alvin: Shut up!

[He unlocks Katherine's shackles and pulls her away from the saw just before it can even reach her]

Argon: Alvin Seville! How dare you!

Alvin: How dare I?! It's you! You killed Katherine's fiancé and his family and drove her career to a downfall!

Argon: You may have gotten lucky saving her, but you'll never stop me, nor Prescott. Until we meet again.

[He vanishes]

Katherine: Even after all I've done to you, you still want me to live?

Alvin: The ones who deserve to die are Prescott and Argon. You were just a pawn. But I still have to take you in. [slaps cuffs on Katherine and swipes Sora and Layla's wristbands from her pockets] Katherine Grant, you're under arrest for kidnapping, larceny, attempted murder, and the murder of Sydney Roache. You have the right to remain silent and to an attorney. Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. If you can't afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.

Katherine: You were right all along. Prescott was using me. He wasn't gonna pay me. He wasn't gonna do anything for me. Thank you for showing me the way, and for saving my life. I'd rather die in prison than suffer Prescott's cruel and unusual punishment. [holds out her duel disk to Alvin] Take my cards. You won them fair and square.

[Alvin takes Katherine's cards]

Katherine: You'll need them to beat Prescott.

Alvin: Thank you.

Sora: Alvin!

Alvin: Sora! Layla! Stay here, Katherine.

[He runs up to the tank]

Sora: Alvin, help! I can't hold on any longer!

Layla: Me, either! Hurry!

[They suddenly slip and fall into the water; they hold their breaths and struggle for the surface]

Alvin: Brace yourselves! Blade of Lightning!

[His blade appears]

Alvin: [swings his blade] Hang on!

[He strikes the tank, smashing the front to pieces; water flows out; Sora and Layla hit the ground and cough]

Alvin: [helps the two girls out of the tank] You two okay?

Sora: Yeah. Thanks, Alvin.

[She and Layla hug Alvin]

Layla: You saved us.

[The other Gladiators fly into the scene; other police officers enter]

Brittany: Alvin, what happened here?

Mia: Are you guys okay?

Sora: We're fine, Mia. Thanks to Alvin.

Alvin: And we found Katherine the Grand. Take her away, boys.

[The cops take Katherine away]

Alvin: What kept you guys? [notices May in Mega Mode] And when did May get a Mega Mode?!

May: Well, we had a bit of a run-in with Savage and one of Prescott's demons. Nothing we couldn't handle.

[Suddenly, a giant-sized Savage appears and laughs maniacally]

Savage: But can you handle me in this size?!

Alvin: Savage!

Anna: He's enormous!

Savage: Come at me with all you've got, not that you have much left, anyway, after your latest encounters.

Layla and Sora: Kaleido Power!

[They get suited up]

Alvin: Flash Formosa, mobilize!

[The Flash Formosa crawls into the scene]

Alvin: Dagger, spider out!

[Dagger emerges from his manacle]

Alvin: Arachna Super Power!

[He gets suited up, then merges with Dagger; he jumps into the Flash Formosa's cockpit as it converts to Fighter Mode]

Sora: MechaSwan!

Layla: MechaPhoenix!

Brittany: MechaDove!

Mia: MechaBeetle!

Other five Gladiators: KaleidoBorgs!

All nine: Deploy now!

[Said machines enter the scene; the KaleidoBorgs combine with the MechaDove, MechaPhoenix, and MechaSwan to form the Mega Star Borg; the MechaBeetle converts to Fighter Mode; the Gladiators jump into the cockpits]

Savage: Is that the way it's gonna be? Fine. [whips out his sword] I'll see to it that all you are annihilated! Summon giant Demonitron!

[An army of giant Demonitron appears]

Alvin: Savage is all mine, ladies. Keep the Demonitron at bay.

Gladiators: Roger!

[The Gladiators' machines fight the Demonitron while the Flash Formosa fights Savage]

Alvin: Call this a message to your boss for causing the death of his henchman's fiancé and his family!

[The Formosa punches Savage in the face]

Savage: The witch should have stayed out of the magic business after she caused the death of one of her assistants.

Alvin: She had no way of knowing about his heart problems. And that assistant brought it on himself. Prescott didn't think blackmailing her would be enough, so he thought sending Argon to kill her loved ones was the only way to go. And it's only fair that we pay him back by killing his henchmen, like you!

[The Flash Formosa and Savage charge at each other and strike]

Alvin: But only so he doesn't get what he really wants: To dispose of you himself. He doesn't care about you, nor anyone else.

Savage: Cut the bull, Seville!

[He kicks the Flash Formosa hard]

Savage: I'm his top-dog demon, and I intend to stay that way!

[Suddenly, the Spider Caesar and Super Thunder Spider barge into the scene and strike him to the ground]

Savage: Hey!

[Cut to the Spider Caesar's cockpit w/Hunter and Aqune (in Super Mode)]

Hunter: Need a little backup, Al?

Aqune: Your brothers called.

[Cut to the Super Thunder Spider's cockpit w/Simon, Theodore, Lumen, Sparkle, and Corona (the latter three also in Super Mode)]

Corona: If Savage is to be defeated, it's gonna take all of us!

Simon: That's right, so let's combine!

[Cut to the Flash Formosa's cockpit]

Alvin: All right! Glad you could show up, guys! Okay, then. Thunder Formosa, transform!

[Cut back outside; the Flash Formosa combines with the Super Thunder Spider to form the Thunder Formosa]

Savage: It doesn't matter. I'll destroy you all, anyway! Demonitron, forget the Gladiators and join me as I fight the Spider Riders!

[No response]

Savage: Demonitron, come about!

[Still no response]

Savage: Where are they?

[The Giga Borg approaches]

Layla: Sorry, Savage, but they're history.

Savage: You destroyed them?!

Sora: And you're next!

Savage: [growls] HOW DARE YOU!!

[His body glows red and he unleashes a mass of demonic flares at the machines, hitting them all]

Savage: Those who enrage me shall suffer the wrath of my ultimate maneuver: Demonic Rage!

Alvin: But not quite enough to destroy us! Crimson Crossbow!

All riders and spiders: FINAL STRIKE!!

[The Thunder Formosa fires a flaming arrow from its crossbow at Savage, hitting him hard]

Savage: [in his mind] I forgot, using Demonic Rage depletes all defense power. I should've waited 'til they were down!

Hunter: Xenon Blade!

Hunter, Shadow, Aqune, and Portia: FINAL STRIKE!!

[The Spider Caesar strikes Savage w/the Xenon Blade]

All nine Gladiators: Kaleido Giga Burst!

[The Giga Borg fires all its weapons at Savage, hitting him hard; Savage screams, becomes electrified, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Cut back to the Thunder Formosa's cockpit]

Alvin: Whew! What a riot this has been.

Corona: You all right, Alvin?

Alvin: I've got so much to fill you in on during lunch, Corona. But let's make it a celebratory lunch, 'cause we beat one of Prescott's main henchmen!

Theodore: Yeah!

[He and Alvin hi-five]

Alvin: But I wonder what happened to the guy who helped me save Katherine?

[Back in the castle, the cloaked figure who helped Alvin removes his cloak; it's really Owen in disguise]

Owen: Prescott will pay for this dearly. Turning a famed magician into a cold-blooded murderer after having her loved one and his family killed-- Unforgivable.

[He exits the castle]

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott has seen everything]

Argon: Master Prescott, I am sorry to report that Katherine Grant has survived the duel and is now in police custody.

Prescott: I will not tolerate two failures in one morning, Argon. Transport Savage back here at once.

Argon: Yes, sir.

[His third eye glows; Savage, back to normal size, and his body charred even more, appears and lies unconscious; Rawlings and Robertson lift him onto a stretcher]

Argon: Take him to the infirmary. I'll heal him so he can be of use to us again.

[Rawlings and Robertson do so]

Prescott: Oh, and when you're done with that, Argon, lock him in the brig. It's his punishment for insubordination. Though I must commend him for that powerful move he used against ACME-- Demonic Rage.

Argon: Yes, it was quite effective, but also taxing.

Prescott: That doesn't matter. While you're healing him, raise that move's power output so the next time he uses it, there will be blood.

Argon: Yes, sir. [vanishes]

[Owen returns]

Owen: Sir, is Savage all right?

Prescott: He'll be fine, Owen, but he's also being punished for going into battle without my permission. What got into his head?

Owen: It could be that ever since Argon came into the picture, you haven't been paying much attention to him. He's your top demon, after all, isn't he?

Prescott: Savage was only my top demon while Argon was trying to gain Alto's trust. Now that Alto's gone, Argon has been promoted back to top demon. But top demon or not, Savage can still be of use to us. Now, leave me.

Owen: Yes, sir.

[He returns to his room]

Prescott: ACME Crime Net may have won this battle, but they'll never win the war.

[Supreme Court, Arraignment, 12:03pm]

Clerk: Docket ending 5891. People v. Katherine Grant. Three counts of attempted murder in the first degree, two counts of kidnapping in the first degree, one count of grand larceny in the first degree, one count of murder in the first degree.

Lester: Theodore Lester for the defense, Your Honor.

Alex: Alejandro Garcia for the People.

Judge Thomas: Pleasure to see you again, gentlemen. Can the defense conjure up a plea?

Katherine: Not guilty.

Lester: [hands Alex a notice] Before the People decide on bail, I'm moving for an affirmative defense of extreme emotional disturbance. After the loss of her fiancé, my client snapped when the alleged victim took advantage of her depression.

Alex: Your Honor, the defendant is charged with brutally burning Sydney Roache alive and nearly murdering three ACME Crime Net detectives. The People request bail be set at nothing less than $2,000,000.

Judge Thomas: The defense gives me the heebie-jeebies, Mr. Garcia, but I'll allow it. $500,000, and Miss Grant forfeits her passport. [bangs gavel] Time for lunch.

[Katherine is escorted out; Alex walks up to the gang (all of whom are back to normal)]

Alex: I'll try to ask the judge to add a lesser charge of murder-two, but that's it.

Alvin: The one who should be facing these charges is Prescott.

Alex: I know, but even though you have an arrest warrant, we still can't find him. I even tried to make Katherine a better offer, but she's just like all the others-- She won't expose Prescott for fear he'll have her killed.

Sora: Typical. Come on, guys. Let's do lunch.

[They all exit]

[Apartment of Layla Hamilton, 10:34pm]

[Alvin looks through the new cards he got earlier]

Alvin: These Magician Girls are a perfect addition to my decks. And so are these Dark Magician cards.

[The spirits of all six Magician Girls appear before him]

Dark Magician Girl: Alvin, you were very brave today.

Kiwi Magician Girl: You not only saved us and your friends, but you even saved the mad magician.

Alvin: After all that Prescott put her through, she didn't deserve to die.

Chocolate Magician Girl: I can see why our big sister really likes you.

Apple Magician Girl: That's why we're gonna do all that we can to help you and your friends.

Lemon Magician Girl: And we can also help you in your duels outside of your duties.

Berry Magician Girl: Uh-huh.

Alvin: Thanks, girls.

Dark Magician Girl: Okay, girls. It's late. Time to get some sleep.

Kiwi Magician Girl: Yes, sis. Good night, Alvin.

Other four Magician Girls: Good night.

[All five of them fade]​

Dark Magician Girl: Alvin, I owe you a sincere apology for what I did to you.

Alvin: It's not your fault, Dark Magician Girl. It's Prescott's. If he hadn't killed Katherine's boyfriend and his family, none of this would've happened.

Dark Magician Girl: Well, I'm very grateful to you, for saving me and my sisters. [kisses Alvin on the forehead] Now, you'd better get into bed. It's late. Good night, Alvin. [fades]

Alvin: Good night.

[Sora and Layla walk up to him]

Layla: Alvin, it's past your bedtime. What's the holdup?

Alvin: Just bidding my spirit friends good night. How are you two doing?

Sora: We're fine. Too bad we had to shower for about half an hour to get rid of the stench from our hair. That water tank really made a mess of things.

Alvin: How's May doing? I heard her legs hurt after her fight with Savage.

Layla: Why don't you ask her?

[The two girls lead Alvin to the guest room, where May (in her pajamas) is soaking her feet in a bucket of cold water; Marion is putting Jonathan into bed]

Alvin: May?

May: Hi, Alvin. Layla invited me to stay over tonight. I'm surprised you didn't notice me when I came in.

Alvin: Well, I'm even more surprised. How are your legs?

May: They'll be good as new in a few days.

Alvin: I can't believe you actually took on Savage and gained a Mega Mode.

May: It had to happen sooner or later. By the way, I heard you saved Sora and Layla from drowning. That was very noble of you.

Alvin: Truth be told, the thought of losing them really scared me.

Layla: I know, Alvin. It scared us, too.

Sora: But you did it. You did us proud.

[She gives Alvin a kiss on the cheek]

Alvin: You're the best big sister figures a little chipmunk could ask for.

May: What about me?

Alvin: Okay. All of you girls at Kaleido Stage.

Marion: That's really sweet, Alvin.

Alvin: Group hug?

[They all gather around and hug]

[FINAL NOTE:
Following a two-week trial, Katherine Grant was found guilty of one count of murder in the second degree, three counts of attempted murder in the first degree, two counts of kidnapping in the first degree, and one count of grand larceny in the second degree. She was sentenced to 25 years to life imprisonment in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, but still refuses to disclose Prescott Vorstein's location.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Greg: Simon, do you think headquarters is a place for you to take a nap?

Simon: No, sir.

Paxton: Your massive rust-buckets are no match for my sea-dwelling behemoths. Prepare to surrender!

Simon: Let's go, Chaos Ancient Gear Giant!

Tyler: Spider Riders, it's time to initiate Project Black Widow 2.0.

Simon: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Robotic Rampage.

Aqune: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/21/2022 6:25 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera