ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2017 10:52 pm  #1

Side-Fic 257: Robotic Rampage

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Simon: Hey, everyone! The show's just about to start! Just make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not sitting too near the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Prescott looks up at numerous giant robots; Savage, completely recovered, walks up to him]

Savage: I assure you, Master Prescott, you won't regret buying these robots.

Prescott: I'd better not. $25,000 a robot is steep. Plus, willing Demon Gear users are hard to come by nowadays, and there are only five robots.

Savage: These robots can all be controlled simultaneously by computer. Your recently-hired Demon Gear user is doing this straight from the roof of his apartment building in the Upper West Side. He's an expert in this. He once hacked into an elementary school's computer system and implanted a virus. After the first one was deleted, he was caught attempting to spread a second, and he went to prison for five years.

Prescott: Didn't he forfeit all of his own computers after he was released from prison?

Savage: Yes, but I sold him one of ours.

Prescott: It's a good thing Robertson pays for the insurance on those gizmos. Now, leave me.

[Savage is about to leave]

Savage: Oh, Master Prescott, I almost forgot to thank you for rejuvenating me.

Prescott: I said leave!

[Savage exits; as he comes out of the garage, Owen walks up to him]

Owen: Savage, I understand you've sold Prescott an army of giant robots. But why him when you could've sold them to the computer criminal who's gonna pilot them.

Savage: He barely had enough for the computer I sold him. I had to turn to Prescott for this.

Owen: Oh, I see. Well, carry on. [exits]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, Monday, March 13th, 12:23pm]

[While the Chipmunks (minus Alvin) have lunch with the Spider Riders, Corona eats dill pickles with her chicken fajita sandwich]

Theodore: Careful there, Corona. Don't overdo it.

Aqune: She can't help herself, Theodore. You know how pregnant women are these days. They have a craving for weird stuff.

Corona: That's right. And pickles and spicy foods really top the list. [continues eating]

Sparkle: Simon, you're the genius. What causes craving for pregnant women?

Simon: Even I don't know the answer to that. It's probably just a hormonal thing.

Hunter: I should say it is. Hey, Simon, where's Alvin?

Simon: He's at ACME Labs. He's discussing something important with your dad.

Lumen: Maybe it's about that drawing he was working on less than a month ago.

Hunter: Whatever he's got up his sleeve, we should just keep this one under our hats, lest Prescott find out.

[Alvin enters with an envelope]

Alvin: Hey, guys. Sorry I kept you waiting. [hands Simon the envelope] Here, Simon. This came for you from Duel Academy.

Simon: Oh. Who from that school could be writing to me?

[He opens the envelope and finds a letter and a small pack of new cards]

Simon: "Dear Simon Seville, word of your dueling skills was spread through the faculty of Duel Academy. We heard you're taking up a new Ancient Gear deck. I'm an expert in that sort of field. Please find enclosed copies of the newest cards of this archetype. Use them with pride. If you play your cards right, almost no one can beat you. Good luck. Dr. Vellian Crowler." Oh, that teacher who kept trying to humiliate Jaden after he beat him in his entrance duel. [looks at his new cards] Cool. I can't wait to try these babies out.

Alvin: [starts eating his lunch] By the way, Tyler told me about an upgrade to the Black Widow that'll work in conjunction with Aqune's Super Mode.

Aqune: Well, I'm all for it.

Hunter: Did he say anything about it combining with the Spider Caesar?

Alvin: He's still thinking about it. But right now, the Black Widow's upgrade should be enough. Just a couple more hours, and she's all set.

[The alarm blares]

Hunter: Red alert! [to his manacle] Dad, what's the word?!

Tyler: [through manacle] There's a Golden Bore on the rampage at Bryant Park, but there's no pilot on board. It has to be remote-controlled, but I can't trace the signal.

Simon: Well, we can't let it harm anybody. We gotta destroy it.

Hunter: We're on our way, Dad! Let's go, guys!

[He and his fellow riders drop their lunch and exit]

[Bryant Park, 12:46pm]

[A gigantic Golden Bore rampages and fires blasts from the laser cannons on its shoulders, causing citizens to panic]

[Suddenly, the Super Spider Racers enter the scene]

[Cut to each cockpit w/each of the Super Spider Riders (Alvin is on board with Hunter)]

Hunter: [from the Super Navy Navigator] Whoever's controlling these robots must be working for Prescott. Still, we gotta destroy it. Maybe bringing Dad back a piece should help him trace the perp.

Aqune: Right. Everybody fire!

[Each Super Spider Racer strikes the Golden Bore w/their respective attack; the Golden Bore slams its fists at the Super Navy Navigator, flipping it on its side]

Hunter: Jerkass!

Shadow: Super Navy Navigator, convert!

[The Super Navy Navigator converts to its Fighter Mode: The Navy Caesar]

Alvin: Let's kick some metal!

[The Navy Caesar fights the Golden Bore]

[Cut to the rooftop of an apartment building in the Upper West Side; computer criminal Franz Paxton (played by Toby Leonard Moore) watches the fight from his laptop computer]

Paxton: Not a bad player, but can they take a massive barrage of missiles?

[He types a code on his laptop; cut back to the park; the Golden Bore fires a barrage of missiles at the Navy Caesar, hitting it]

Shadow: [groans] He can't win that easily, whoever he is. Xenon Blade!

[The Xenon Blade appears in the Navy Caesar's hand]

Hunter: Final strike!

[The Xenon Blade glows; with one final swing, the Navy Caesar strikes the Golden Bore hard with it; the Golden Bore hits the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Hunter and Alvin: And boom goes the dynamite!

[Cut to the cockpit of the Super Brown Buggy; Simon is practically tired]

Simon: What a battle this was.

Alvin: [through intercom] Easy for you to say, Simon. You hardly did anything.

Simon: I've been training a lot early this morning. As a Spider Rider, I needed it.

Hunter: [through intercom] Let's get back to base and regroup.

[Back at Prescott's base, Savage marks one robot off his list]

Savage: One down, five to go. If they're struggling with only one robot, there's no way they'll fare against more.

Prescott: Your first robot was a failure, Savage. If the others fall, it's on you alone.

Savage: With Franz Paxton at the helm, what could possibly go wrong?

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 2:44pm]

[Greg enters the Spider Riders' office (Simon is dozing)]

Greg: Sorry to interrupt your break, guys, but we've got another robot problem. There's two in Battery Park.

Corona: Two?! I barely held my own in the last battle!

Greg: I know. That's why all our fighting machines have safety features, especially for expectant mothers. Don't worry. You and the baby will be fine.

[Simon falls into a dream; in the dream, the Spider Caesar fights three demonic versions of Battle Beetles; the Battle Beetles ram the Spider Caesar to the ground and fire missiles and lasers at it repeatedly; in the cockpit, the Super Spider Riders hold on for dear life]

Hunter: Everybody hang on!

[Outside, the Battle Beetles' right arms transform into drills and point them at the Spider Caesar's head and are about to drill it; cut to the cockpit; Simon flinches]

Greg's voice: Simon? Simon?

Alvin's voice: SIMON!

[Cut back to reality; Simon wakes up and screams]

Simon: Don't do that!

Alvin: Well, sor-ry.

Greg: Simon, do you think headquarters is a place for you to take a nap?

Simon: No, sir.

Greg: How can a quick fight against one giant robot wear you out?

Simon: I've been training this morning. I'm barely new to being a Spider Rider, so Flame and I had to get into some personal training.

Flame: [from Simon's manacle] It's pretty strenuous.

Greg: Why didn't you tell me?

Simon: I just didn't think it. I was too eager to try and be as good as Alvin. I may be the smartest of my brothers and I, but he's the strongest.

Alvin: Simon, your intellect makes you unique. Whether or not you're as strong as I am doesn't matter. No criminal can stand a chance against you, even if you don't get your hands dirty dealing with them yourself. There can only be one of me, but there will also never be another one of you.

Simon: Thanks, Alvin.

[They bump fists]

Hunter: C'mon, guys. Hyde Park's in danger.

[Hyde Park, 3:11pm]

[Two Buzz Warriors face the Spider Caesar and the Flash Formosa (Fighter Mode)]

Alvin: Nothing like a little tag-team bot battle!

Corona: This'll be a cinch!

[The Spider Riders' machines strike the Buzz Warriors w/their swords; the Buzz Warriors, in sync, kick the two machines hard; their right arms transform into laser cannons; they fire them at the Spider Riders' machines]

Hunter: This is gonna be even tougher than I thought.

Aqune: Father, we need the Black Widow!

Tyler: [through intercom] I'm still working on the upgrade, Aqune. It's gonna have to wait. But the Platinum Pardosa is on its way.

[The Platinum Pardosa enters the scene; Corona jumps out of the Spider Caesar's cockpit and into that of her own machine]

Corona: Thanks, Father. All right, Venus. Let's take care of business.

Venus: All over it!

[The Platinum Pardosa jumps up and spin-kicks the two Buzz Warriors]

Lumen: I don't get it. How is it that the Platinum Pardosa, though no more powerful than the Spider Caesar, can easily knock down both Buzz Warriors that almost walloped us?

Simon: Easy. The Buzz Warriors let their guard down. They weren't expecting to be outnumbered.

Corona: That's right. I doubt two of Prescott's robots can stand a chance against three of ours.

Venus: Let's take 'em down!

[A bow and arrow appear in the Platinum Pardosa's hands]

Corona: Arrow of Light!

[The Platinum Pardosa fires an arrow at the Buzz Warrior on the left, hitting it hard]

Alvin: My turn! Flash Formosa, Flash Flare!

[The Flash Formosa fires a flash of flares at the Buzz Warrior on the right, hitting it hard]

[The Xenon Blade appears in the Spider Caesar's hands]

Spider Riders: Xenon Blade, final strike!

[The Spider Caesar strikes both Buzz Warriors w/the Xenon Blade; the Buzz Warriors get electrocuted, fall to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Cut back to Prescott's base]

Savage: They may have decimated two more of my robots, but I've saved the best three for last. [snickers; speaks into his walkie-talkie] The time is now, Mr. Paxton.

Paxton: Where?

Savage: Civic Center. What better way to lure the Spider Riders into battle than with an attack on their headquarters?

Paxton: Roger that. Over and out.

Prescott: An attack on headquarters. Perfect. Alto couldn't do it, Soprano couldn't do it, Wellsworth couldn't do it, and neither could my own uncle. They knew nothing, those damn fools. No wonder they couldn't beat ACME. But that's all gonna change. [snickers]

[ACME Labs, 3:23pm]

[Tyler runs a scan on a broken part from one of the Buzz Warriors: An antenna]

Tyler: Still nothing. This antenna doesn't give us any clues as to who's pulling those robots' strings.

Simon: Did you run any scans when you monitored the fights?

Tyler: I did. No luck. Only a hacker could program these robots by remote.

Hunter: Dad, look up rap sheets of convicted hackers from the past 10 years.

[Tyler does so; there are seven files]

Tyler: Only seven. That should narrow it down. [looks up the first file] Isaac Fulton. Arrested April 2nd, 2007. Convicted of computer trespass. Maybe he could be the guy.

Corona: Not that simple, Father. Fulton died in prison a year after he was convicted.

Tyler: Okay. That's out. File #2: Deanna Wilkinson, convicted of computer trespass in 2010. Served three years.

Aqune: Yeah, but then she killed a salesman in 2015. She's still in Bedford Hills for another 23 years at least. No way she could've used a computer from there.

Tyler: What about file #3: Lucas Bringham?

Lumen: That was one of our most recent busts. We can rule him out. Last week, we busted Bringham for computer trespass and grand larceny. He broke into a bank's computer system and changed his balance. He embezzeled over $1,000,000. He's not only doing five years for computer trespass, but an extra 20 for grand larceny.

Sparkle: And the fourth one: Avery Biggs, is out, too. After he was released in 2013, he was murdered by the one in the fifth file: His partner Geoffrey Brinn, who we can also rule out, since the arresting officers killed him while he was resisting arrest.

Hunter: And in 2009, hacker #6: Celia Perez, used a computer to hack into her brother's hospital records and change his condition, which later caused his death. She killed him for the insurance money. She might have already done her time for the hacking, but she's still doing 15 to life for the murder.

Tyler: That only leaves one guy: Franz Paxton.

Hunter: I've heard of that pug. 2010, he hacked into a school's computer system and infected it with a virus, which deleted a lot of files. After the virus was destroyed, the 2-9 caught him before he'd make his very next move. He's the only one of those hackers NYPD's ever busted who's still alive and on the streets.

Simon: But weren't all his computers confisctated?

Hunter: Prescott might've given him one, for all we know.

Tyler: He still lives in the same apartment building.

Aqune: Simon and I will go.

Simon: It's time I put my training to the test.

Tyler: Then I'll have your machines operated by remote until you get back. [hands Aqune the address] Here's the address.

[313 West 83rd Street, Upper West Side, 3:39pm]

[Simon and Aqune come out of Hunter's truck and enter the apartment building; the landlord walks up to them]

Landlord: Can I help you guys?

Aqune: [reveals her badge] ACME Crime Net. We're looking for Franz Paxton.

Landlord: Oh, he's on the roof. He said he needed some fresh air. Is he in some kinda trouble, or are you just checkin' on him?

Simon: Thank you, sir. Le'ts go, partner.

[He and Aqune head for the rooftop of the building]

Simon: Franz Paxton?

[Paxton turns his back and notices Aqune and Simon]

Paxton: Who are you?

[Aqune and Simon reveal their badges]

Simon: ACME Crime Net.

[Paxton secretly clicks "autopilot" on his computer program that controls Savage's robots, then approaches the duo]

Paxton: Think I didn't get enough five years ago?

Aqune: That laptop-- You violated your parole. You're not supposed to use a computer for five years after you're released.

Simon: The 2-9 confiscated all your computers until then. Where'd you get that one?

Paxton: [sighs] Guess it's over. A demon named Savage sold it to me. I'm using it to control the giant robots that attacked the Spider Riders. I've still got three left, and once they destroy ACME, I'm looking at millions.

Aqune: Oh, you'll be looking at millions, all right, in serious fines and suits.

Paxton: [extracts a duel disk from a nearby table and shuffles and inserts his deck] You just won't give up, will you? Okay, let's make it interesting. One of you know how to duel?

Simon: I do.

Paxton: Savage did give me advice on dueling an ACME detective. Since you're into dueling, it's time I put my deep-sea creatures to the test. If you win, I'll call off the robots.

Aqune: [whispers into Simon's ear] Just in case he gets tricky, I'll ask Hunter's father to prep the upgraded Black Widow.

Simon: Gotcha.

Paxton: Is it a deal, kid?

Simon: I accept your challenge. [shuffles his deck] I couldn't think of a better time than now to use my upgraded deck. Duel disk, engage!

[His duel disk activates]

Simon and Paxton: Duel gazers, ready!

[Everyone puts on their duel gazers]

Computer: Augmented reality vision link established.

Simon and Paxton: Let's duel!

[LP:
Simon: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Paxton: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

Paxton: [rolls a die] Go, die roll!

[His die comes up 4]

Paxton: 4! Let's see you beat that.

Simon: [rolls a die] Go, die roll!

[His die comes up 1]

Simon: 1. You decide.

Paxton: I'll let you go first. You need all the advantages you can get.

Simon: [places a card] I'll start by summoning Ancient Gear Hunting Hound!

[Ancient Gear Hunting Hound appears and howls]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,000]

Paxton: That mechanical mutt is all bark and no bite. It poses no threat to me.

Simon: Oh, after you get a taste of its effects, you'll find its bite harmless. GO!

[Ancient Gear Hunting Hound howls loudly at Paxton, hitting him with damage]

[LP:
Simon: 4,000 (Hand: 4)
Paxton: 3,400 (Hand: 5)]

Simon: If I normal-summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound, you take 600 points of damage. [places another card] Next, I activate the Spell: Shrink! I'll cut my hound's attack points in half.

[ANCIENT GEAR HUNTING HOUND:
ATK: 500]

Paxton: Why would you wanna cut your own monster's points in half?

Simon: [places another card] Because this card only targets Machine-type monsters with up to 500 attack points: Machine Duplication! This card lets me special-summon two more copies of my Hunting Hound from my deck.

[Two more Hunting Hounds appear and howl]

[DEF: 1,000]

Paxton: Three?!

Simon: Yes, three. Next, I activate the effect of one of my Hunting Hounds. I can perform a Fusion-summon using Ancient Gear monsters as materials. I fuse two Ancient Gear Hunting Hounds!

[Two Hunting Hounds fuse together]

Simon: Utilizing my vast combat experience along with my superior tactical intellect, I'll reconfigure my pair of mechanized beasts into a devastating war machine! [places a card from his Extra Deck] I Fusion-summon Ancient Gear Howitzer!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 8
DEF: 1,800]

Simon: Next, I activate its effect. Once per turn, I can have it inflict 1,000 points of damage to you!

[Ancient Gear Howitzer fires a blast at Paxton, hitting him]

[LP:
Simon: 4,000 (Hand: 2)
Paxton: 2,400 (Hand: 5)]

Paxton: Damn. This kid's good.

Simon: [sets two cards] I set two cards and end my turn.

Paxton: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate A Legendary Ocean!

[The field becomes surrounded by seawater]

Paxton: Much as I love technology, I love the sea even more. This card gives all Water monsters 200 attack and defense points, plus all Water monsters in our hands and on our fields lose a level. That means I won't need to tribute any monsters to summon this baby: [places a card] Giga Gagagigo!

[Giga Gagagigo appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 2,450 (boosted to 2,650)]

Paxton: Yes, I know this is a Reptile-type monster, but one Water monster is as good as another. Especially one with high attack points. [places another card] But now I activate the Spell: Stop Defense! Your Ancient Gear Howitzer goes into attack mode!

[Ancient Gear Howitzer switches into attack mode]

[ATK: 1,000]

Aqune: Uh-oh.

Paxton: Giga Gagagigo, attack his mechanical monstrosity!

[Giga Gagagigo strikes Howitzer, destroying it]

[LP:
Simon: 2,350 (Hand: 2)
Paxton: 2,400 (Hand: 3)]

Simon: By destroying Ancient Gear Howitzer in battle, you played right into my hands, Paxton. [places a card from his deck] Come forth, Ancient Gear Golem!

[Ancient Gear Golem emerges from the ground]

ATK: 3,000]

Paxton: [sets two cards] That won't help you. I set these cards and end my turn.

Simon: Ancient Gear Golem won't let me down. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I summon Ancient Gear Knight!

[Ancient Gear Knight appears]

Simon: Are you ready for my best Fusion-summon yet? I activate the effect of the Ancient Gear Hunting Hound left on my field and fuse it with Ancient Gear Knight and Ancient Gear Golem!

[Said three monsters fuse together]

Simon: Become one now and demonstrate your tremendous power! [places a card from his Extra Deck] I Fusion-summon Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem!

[Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem appears]

[LV: 10
ATK: 4,400]

Paxton: [laughs nervously] Pretty big, isn't it?

Simon: Like most Ancient Gear monsters, when Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem attacks, you can't activate Spells or Traps until the end of the damage step. Plus, when it attacks a monster in defense mode, you take piercing battle damage. You're in for massive damage, Paxton! Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem, attack Giga Gagagigo with Ultimate Mechanized Melee!

[Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem strikes Giga Gagagigo, destroying it; Paxton screams as he takes massive damage]

[LP:
Paxton: 650 (Hand: 3)]

Paxton: [groans] You haven't won yet, Simon!

Simon: We'll see. I end my turn.

[Suddenly, a message appears on his duel disk: INCOMING TRANSMISSION-- ACME LABS]

Aqune: Simon, it sounds important. Better take the call.

[Simon nods and presses the accept button; Tyler appears on the touch screen]

Tyler: Simon, Aqune, the remaining robots have approached 1PP.

[A visual of three giant Battle Beetles fighting the Spider Caesar, the Flash Formosa, and the Thunder Spider]

Simon: [in his mind] The Battle Beetles from my daydream! [aloud] Wait a sec. I'm in the middle of a duel with the guy who's pulling their strings. How are they moving without him?

Paxton: I set the computer on auto-pilot, and from the looks of it, it's working perfectly.

Simon: Aqune, it's time to go into battle.

Aqune: I can't leave you!

Tyler: Let her stick around for a little longer. So far, our Spider Riders are resisting the Battle Beetles' advances without trouble. But if we need you, we'll call for you. And by the way, Aqune, I'm still completing the configurations for the Black Widow upgrade. As soon as it's ready, I'll notify you.

Aqune: Right.

Tyler: Good. Tyler out.

[His transmission ends]

Aqune: You hear that, Paxton? Your robots are just as weak as the other three before.

Paxton: [scoffs] You don't know these robots like I do. But enough of that. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Card Destruction! [discards his hand; draws three cards] I discard my hand and draw the same number of cards.

Simon: [discards his hand, then draws two cards] I'll do the same.

Paxton: Good. [places a card] Now, I activate Call of the Atlanteans! This card lets me special-summon three level-3 or lower Sea Serpent-type monsters from my graveyard: The ones I discarded with Card Destruction: Three copies of Spined Gillman!

[Three Spined Gillmans appear]

[LV: 3 (dropped to 2)
ATK: 1,300 (boosted to 1,500)]

Paxton: Here's the beauty part of these monsters. All Fish, Sea Serpent, and Aqua-type monsters I control gain 400 attack points. Since I control three, that's 1,200 more for each one!

[SPINED GILLMAN (x3):
ATK: 2,700]

Simon: None of them have enough attack points to beat my Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem, Paxton. Plus, you can't special-summon anymore monsters during the turn you activated Call of the Atlanteans.

Paxton: Don't need to. [places another card] Now, I summon Atlantean Dragoons!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 4 (dropped to 3)
ATK: 1,800 (boosted to 3,200)]

Simon: Still not enough.

Paxton: I don't have to destroy your best monster to defeat you, Simon. I've got Atlantean Dragoons' effect. All level-3 or lower Sea Serpent-type monsters I control can attack you directly!

Aqune: They what?!

Simon: Impossible!

Paxton: It's over! Atlantean Dragoons, attack Simon directly and end this duel!

[Atlantean Dragoons charge at Simon directly]

Aqune: Simon, look out!

[Simon smirks]

[Back outside 1PP, the Battle Beetles punch the Spider Riders' machines]

Sparkle: Nothing we can't muster.

Hotarla: Let's give these bot-bums a taste of teamwork!

Alvin: Right! Time to combine!

[The Flash Formosa and the Thunder Spider combine to form the Thunder Formosa]

Alvin: Hunter, are you sure you can manage piloting the Spider Caesar alone?

Shadow: Hunter ain't alone, Al. No Spider Rider is. Remember?

Hunter: Now, let's take kick these creeps' chrome keisters!

[The Thunder Formosa strikes two of the Battle Beetles w/the Thunder Blade; the Spider Caesar strikes the third Battle Beetle w/the Xenon Blade; all three Battle Beetles form a circle and spin around in a tornado, striking the Spider Riders' machines]

Lumen: Damn! Who knew battling this many robots at once could be this tricky?!

Corona: I sure hope Simon and Aqune get back soon.

[Cut back to the roof of Paxton's apartment building]

Paxton: It's over! Atlantean Dragoons, attack Simon directly and end this duel!

[Atlantean Dragoons charge at Simon directly]

Aqune: Simon, look out!

[Simon smirks]

Simon: I knew you'd do something so sneaky, so I've got a Trap waiting: [reveals set card] Blazing Mirror Force! This card stops your attack and destroys all your monsters in attack mode!

[All of Paxton's monsters are destroyed]

Simon: In addition, I take damage equal to the combined original attack points of the destroyed monsters, then you take the same amount of damage.

Paxton: But that means you'll lose!

Simon: [reveals another set card] Not if I have this: Barrel Behind the Door! Now only you take 5,700 points of damage! This duel is mine!

Paxton: Not yet! [reveals set card] I activate Energy-Absorbing Monolith!

[A monolith appears and absorbs the blazing damage]

[LP:
Paxton: 6,350 (Hand: 1)]

Paxton: This card turns any effect damage dealt to me into life points. Instead of dropping to 0, I skyrocket up to 6,350! Destroying my monsters does come with a price. [places a card] Now, I enter main phase 2 and activate Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. [places another card] Then I activate Acid Rain! All Machine-type monsters get rusted and destroyed!

[Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem gets rusted, then crumbles to pieces]

Simon: My golem!

Aqune: Why didn't he activate it before he decided to attack?

Simon: It wouldn't have mattered. But I'm not finished yet. When Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem is destroyed, I get to special-summon a different Ancient Gear monster from my graveyard, ignoring the summoning conditions. Return to the field, Ancient Gear Golem!

[Ancient Gear Golem reappears]

ATK: 3,000]

Paxton: Still doesn't scare me. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Simon: [draws] I draw! [looks at his hand; in his mind] Well, with what I have in my hand now, I can't beat him this turn. Polymerization, Power Bond, and The Supremacy Sun won't help. If I'd only drawn Limiter Removal... Oh, well. [aloud] Ancient Gear Golem, attack Paxton directly with Mechanized Melee!

[Ancient Gear Golem fires its right fist at Paxton, hitting him directly; Paxton screams]

[LP:
Simon: 2,350 (Hand: 3)
Paxton: 3,350 (Hand: 0)]

Simon: I end my turn.

Paxton: Before your end phase is over, I activate another copy of the Spell: [reveals face-down] Call of the Atlanteans! I special-summon the three Spined Gillman you destroyed earlier back to the field!

[Said three monsters reappear]

[DEF: 0 (boosted to 200)]

Paxton: Face it. Your massive rust-buckets are no match for my sea-dwelling behemoths. Prepare to surrender!

Simon: We'll see about that. Make your next move.

Paxton: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Card of Sanctity! Each of us draws until our hands hold six cards.

[He and Simon do so]

Paxton: But yours won't be necessary, 'cause I've got this: [places another card] I tribute one of my Spined Gillmen!

[One Spined Gillman vanishes, and in its place appears...]

Paxton: Levia-Dragon - Daedalus!

[LV: 7 (dropped to 6)
ATK: 2,600 (boosted to 2,800)]

Paxton: But it only gets better! [places another card] I tribute Daedalus to special-summon the most powerful of all my deep-sea dwellers!

[Daedalus vanishes]

Paxton: No seafarer can survive the unstoppable rage of the overlord of the ocean! I special-summon the terrifying, the deadly, the invincible... OCEAN DRAGON LORD - NEO-DAEDALUS!!

[Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus appears and snarls]

[LV: 8 (dropped to 7)
ATK: 2,900 (boosted to 3,100)]

Simon: With A Legendary Ocean, it has enough points to beat my Ancient Gear Golem!

Paxton: Oh, it won't need to destroy your golem in battle to defeat you. Instead, I'll use its effect! I can send Umi to the graveyard and send all cards in our hands and on our fields to the graveyard!

Simon: But you don't have Umi on your field, Paxton.

Paxton: Think again, Simon. A Legendary Ocean-- Its name is treated as Umi. That means I can use it instead of the actual Umi and activate Neo-Daedalus' effect!

[Neo-Daedalus absorbs A Legendary Ocean and lets out a terrifying roar, creating a massive tidal wave, crashing on all other cards on the field, destroying them; Simon and Paxton discard their entire hands]

[OCEAN DRAGON LORD - NEO-DAEDALUS:
LV: 8
ATK: 2,900]

Aqune: Then it's over. Simon's hand and field are both empty.

Paxton: Damn straight. Besides, Neo-Daedalus has more than enough attack points to wipe Simon out in one blast. Neo-Daedalus, eradicate Simon and end this duel!

[Neo-Daedalus fires a massive blue blast at Simon directly]

Simon: My hand and field may be empty, but my graveyard is far from it.

Paxton: What are you talking about?

Simon: [banishes a card from his graveyard] I'm talking about Electromagnetic Turtle!

[Shockwaves barricade Simon's field, stopping Neo-Daedalus in its tracks]

Simon: When you cleared the field and our hands, one of the cards I sent from my hand to the graveyard was Electromagnetic Turtle. Its effect is so strong that it can only be used once per duel. At any time during an opponent's battle phase, I can banish it from my graveyard and end the battle phase, like I just did this turn.

Paxton: [gasps] Lucky move! But it won't do you any good. Now that I'm in main phase 2, I'll activate the effect of one of the cards Neo-Daedalus sent to my graveyard. [banishes a card from his graveyard] I banish one of three copies of Slushy from my graveyard to special-summon Levia-Dragon - Daedalus back to the field!

[Daedalus reappears and roars]

Paxton: You still think you have what it takes to defeat me? Try me. I end my turn.

Aqune: Whew! That was too close.

Simon: But with nothing left on my field or in my hand, this next draw is a make-or-break situation. Here we go. [slowly draws] I draw!

[He looks at what he just drew]

Paxton: I guess I've won already.

[Simon slowly and calmly places the card he just drew; it is revealed to be Overload Fusion]

Paxton: Overload Fusion?!

Simon: That's right! This card lets me Fusion-summon a Dark Machine-type monster by using monsters on my field or in my graveyard as Fusion materials! I fuse Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Knight, Ancient Gear Howitzer, and Ancient Gear Hunting Hound!

[Said four monsters appear and fuse together]

Simon: Four ancient machines, it's time to merge,
for my ultimate machine is bound to resurge!
I Fusion-summon the ground-shaking... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Chaos Ancient Gear Giant!

[Chaos Ancient Gear Giant appears]

[LV: 10
ATK: 4,500]

Paxton: Chaos Ancient Gear Giant?! It... It can't be true!

Aqune: That monster is amazing!

Simon: It sure is, and it packs quite a punch. And you won't believe its effects. Chaos Ancient Gear Giant is immune to all Spell and Trap effects. Plus, opposing monsters can't activate their effects during the battle phase. And this monster can not only inflict piercing battle damage, but it can also attack all opposing monsters, once each!

Paxton: No!

Simon: Yes! Let's go Chaos Ancient Gear Giant! Destroy both of his monsters and wipe him out with Mega Mechanized Melee!

[Chaos Ancient Gear Giant fires its fists at Daedalus and Neo-Daedalus, destroying them both; Paxton screams as he gets knocked back with damage]

[LP:
Simon: 2,350 (Hand: 0)
Paxton: 0 (Hand: 0)]

Aqune: He did it!

Simon: Game over!

[Chaos Ancient Gear Giant vanishes; the field returns to normal]

Aqune: Nice job, Simon! All right, Paxton. Ready to surrender?

[Paxton walks up to his laptop and shuts down the program]

Paxton: I gave my word. I'm not one to renege.

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Savage watches the fight; in the fight, the Battle Beetles have stopped moving]

Savage: Impossible! How did those robots disable all of a sudden?!

Argon: Simon defeated Paxton in a duel, and the latter kept his word to call the machines off. But I can back your play.

Savage: How?

Argon: Don't you remember when I possessed one of your robots before during the Legendary Pokémon War?

Savage: Oh, that. But can you really handle three machines simultaneously?

Argon: Diabolically simple, Savage. [as his third eye glows] Now, watch!

[Back at the fight outside 1PP, the eyes of all three Battle Beetles glow crimson red; they also grow horns on their heads and spikes on their shoulder pads]

[Cut to the Thunder Formosa's cockpit]

Corona: Oh, no! Not again!

Alvin: Argon's possessing the Battle Beetles! All three of them!

Theodore: And just when they stopped moving!

[Cut to the Spider Caesar's cockpit]

Shadow: According to my scan, now that they're under Argon's control, they've morphed, doubling their power levels.

Hunter: These creeps might be too much for our machines alone. We need the Black Widow immediately. Dad, contact Aqune and Simon. We need 'em at once!

[Cut back to the roof of the apartment building; Aqune slaps the cuffs on Paxton and hands him and his laptop over to other police officers; her manacle beeps]

Aqune: Go.

Tyler: [through manacle] Aqune, did you catch Franz Paxton?

Aqune: Yep. After Simon defeated him, Paxton gave himself up and shut down the program that controlled his Battle Beetles.

Tyler: Then Argon must be in control of them.

Simon: They haven't been destroyed yet?

Tyler: Nope, and Argon's now boosted their power levels. They might be too much for even the Spider Caesar. Spider Riders, it's time to initiate Project Black Widow 2.0.

Aqune: It's all set?

Tyler: And ready to go.

Aqune: We're on our way! Ready, Simon?

Simon: Always. Flame!

Aqune: Portia!

Aqune and Simon: Spider out!

[Out of their manacles come their Battle Spiders]

Aqune and Simon: Arachna Super Power!

[They get suited up and merge with their Battle Spiders]

[Cut back to outside 1PP; the empowered Battle Beetles' left arms transform into rapiers; they strike the Thunder Formosa hard with their rapiers; the Spider Riders on board jump out of the cockpit and into the Spider Caesar's just before the Thunder Formosa hits the ground]

Hunter: You guys okay?

Corona: Yeah, but the same can't be said for the Thunder Formosa. It's totalled!

Hunter: Dad, recall the Thunder Formosa. It needs repairs.

Tyler: Right.

[Outside, the Thunder Formosa transports out of the scene]

Hunter: We can still bring these bad boys down, even without the Thunder Formosa.

[The Spider Caesar fights the Battle Beetles over the course of half a minute, but the Battle Beetles hardly take any damage]

Corona: It's no good!

[The Battle Beetles fire lasers at the Spider Caesar, hitting it hard; the Spider Caesar hits the ground; cut to the cockpit; the Spider Riders hold on for dear life]

Hunter: Everybody hang on!

[Outside, the Battle Beetles' right arms transform into drills and point them at the Spider Caesar's head and are about to drill it; suddenly, the three Battle Beetles all get hit by laser beams from out of nowhere; their arms revert to normal]

Hunter: Hey!

[The Black Widow charges into the scene]

Corona: The Black Widow!

[Cut to the Black Widow's cockpit with Simon and Aqune]

Aqune: At your service, Spider Riders!

Simon: Hope we're not too late!

Hunter: [through intercom] Perfect timing, guys!

Aqune: Simon, join the others in the Spider Caesar, and leave this upgrade up to me and Portia.

Simon: Right.

[He jumps out of the cockpit and into the Spider Caesar]

Aqune: Now, let's finish these robots off with the new upgrade!

[She inserts her Spider Gem into the controls; outside, the Black Widow takes the form of a robotic paladin with arm-mounted blades]

Aqune: I give you the mighty Indigo Paladin!

[The Battle Beetles charge at the Indigo Paladin; the Indigo Paladin strikes the three Battle Beetles to the ground w/its blades]

Aqune: Okay, Portia. Let's try out a new move.

Portia: Right! Indigo Cross Slash!

[Outside, the Indigo Paladin strikes the Battle Beetles w/a cross slash; all three Battle Beetles fall to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, the Battle Beetles are in smithereens]

[Cut to the Spider Caesar's cockpit with the other seven Super Spider Riders]

Hunter: Nice job, Aqune! You dismantled all three in one strike!

[Cut back to the Indigo Paladin's cockpit]

Aqune: Thanks, Hunter. That'll teach Prescott never to underestimate the Super Spider Riders.

Savage: Argon, there are still pieces intact. Reassemble the Battle Beetles in any way you can.

Argon: Such as bring them together, like the Spider Riders do their machines?

Savage: Oh! Why didn't I think of that? Using one of the Spider Riders' own methods against them would be a perfect gesture. Make it so, Argon. Bring new life into... the Super Battle Beetle!

Argon: As you command.

[His third eye glows; cut back to outside 1PP; red lightning zaps the pieces of the destroyed Battle Beetles, combining them into one extra-armored Battle Beetle: The Super Battle Beetle]

[Split-screen to the Spider Riders' machines' cockpits]

Hunter: No way!

Aqune: Argon pulled them all together?!

Simon: This is bad!

[The Super Battle Beetle's left arm transforms into a flamethrower, which fires at the Spider Riders' machines, hitting them; its right arm then transforms into a jousting lance, and with it, Super Battle Beetle strikes the Spider Riders' machines]

[Cut to the Indigo Paladin's cockpit]

Aqune: That does it, Prescott. Time to fight fire with fire!

Portia: Guys, let's combine the Spider Caesar with the Indigo Paladin and show this robot what Super Spider Riders are all about!

Shadow: Good idea, Portia! You got all that, Hunter?

Hunter: Everything, Shadow. Spider Caesar!

[Split-screen to both cockpits]

Aqune: Indigo Paladin!

All eight riders: Combine!

[Outside, the Indigo Paladin combines with the Spider Caesar to form a new configuration (the Indigo Paladin's head is used as a helmet, its arm-mounted blades (arms and all) are gauntlets, its legs are shin guards, its front is a chest plate, and its back is a pair of jet engines)]

[Cut to the cockpit w/all eight Riders]

Aqune: I'm calling this new configuration the Super Spider Caesar!

Alvin: You couldn't come up with a better name?

Dagger: I doubt there even is one.

Tyler: [through intercom] I like it.

Hunter: Dad?

Tyler: Just called to remind you that the Super Spider Caesar comes equipped with a Supersonic Mode that maximizes its speed.

Simon: Thanks for the heads-up, Tyler.

Theodore: Let's do this thing!

[Cut back outside; the Super Spider Caesar faces the Super Battle Beetle]

Hunter: Supersonic Mode, energize!

[The Super Spider Caesar's jet engines ignite; it charges at the Super Battle Beetle at maximum speed; the Super Battle Beetle fires a blaze from its flamethrower at the Super Spider Caesar, but the Super Spider Caesar bursts through it and strikes the Super Battle Beetle w/its powered blades]

Hunter: Let's see how much power the Xenon Blade has now.

[Two copies of the Xenon Blade appear in the Super Spider Caesar's hands]

Hunter: What?! Two?!

Tyler: That's right. Join them together.

Hunter: Roger! Ready, guys?!

Other seven Riders: Right!

All riders and spiders: Xenon Twin Blades, full power!

[The Super Spider Caesar claps the Xenon Twin Blades together]

Hunter: Xenon Twin Blades!

All riders and spiders: FINAL STRIKE!!

[The Super Spider Caesar bisects the Super Battle Beetle w/its Xenon Twin Blades, which launch a glowing blade-shaped projectile through the Super Battle Beetle, electrifying it; the Super Battle Beetle splits in half, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Cut to the cockpit; the Spider Riders cheer]

Alvin: All right! What a finisher!

Corona: Nice job, sis!

Aqune: Thanks!

Savage: Even a combination of three of my robots wasn't enough?! Damn! That's six robots in one day!

[Prescott enters]

Prescott: No, Savage. Seven. Six for the number of robots you sold me, and one for the robot you made out of the remains of the three Battle Beetles.

Savage: I'll see to it that all my future robots get an upgrade to counteract the Spider Riders' new machines.

Prescott: You had better, or there'll be no insurance for the next time you're wounded.

[Savage exits]

Prescott: [clenches his fist] I've got more plans up my sleeve than ACME would think. My next move will be even greater.

[Manhattan Diner, 5:54pm]

[The gang has dinner with Greg and Tyler; Corona eats a cheeseburger w/extra pickles]

Hunter: Nothin' like a celebration dinner to satisfy your cravings, babe.

Corona: And at the diner where we work to boot. Pass some nachos, sis.

[Aqune hands her a handful of nachos]

Alvin: So, any word on Franz Paxton?

Tyler: His lawyer's asking for a deal. Reckless endangerment, first degree. Five years.

Simon: For attacking us repeatedly with six giant robots and violating his parole?

Greg: Garcia hasn't decided yet, but he's thinking about it. Now, Alvin, remember that drawing you kept hiding from us?

[Alvin turns to Tyler, who winks at him]

Alvin: Okay, guys. Now that Tyler's done with everything, here's the news. [whispers] My drawing happened to be one of a 10th Kaleido Gladiator.

Hunter: You're puttin' us on.

Alvin: [extracts a folded piece of sketch paper from his pocket] It's true. [unfolds the piece of paper, revealing Alvin's drawing] Behold, the newest Gladiator: The Ivory Eagle.

[The Ivory Eagle is a Gladiator w/an ivory-colored spandex leotard, ivory boots and gloves, eagle wings, and a silver shield chest plate]

Corona: Beautiful.

Aqune: I wonder who it'll be.

Alvin: It's gonna take a while, but we'll find a good candidate.

[Unbeknownst to them, a man in a trench coat behind them has overheard everything; he sends a text to P. Vorstein: "Alvin Seville has plans for a 10th Kaleido Gladiator."]

[FINAL NOTE:
Franz Paxton's offer was denied, and he pleaded guilty to a counter-offer of one count of reckless endangerment in the first degree and parole violation. He was sentenced to 10 years in Greenhaven Correctional Facility.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tyler: Ladies, I give you the all-new Ivory Eagle.

Rosetta: But who's gonna be this new Gladiator?

Sora: A call from Theatrical Camp? What?! Pamela's missing?!

Alvin: Someone stole the Ivory Eagle's wristband!

Mitch: Say hello to my star attraction.

Sora: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Ivory Eagle Pt. 1. My wings are my dream and on toward the sky!

Layla: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/21/2022 6:36 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera