ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2017 11:05 pm  #1

Side-Fic 259: The Ivory Eagle Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Sora: Hey, everyone! The show's just about to start! So make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not sitting too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

Layla: Previously on ACME Crime Net,...

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[ACME Crime Net HQ, Sunday, April 9th, 10:00am]

Mr. Pack: This can't be true!

Dio: Pamela's in the hands of an escaped convict?!

Sora: I'm afraid so, Dio.

Tank: Poor Pamela. Turned from a strong performer to a puppet for a monster's dirty work.

Sora: To make matters worse, a disposable one. If we don't break Prescott's control over her, he'll kill her.

Dominique: Disposable?

Layla: Prescott Vorstein deliberately sends his henchmen on suicide missions. And knowing him, once Pamela's done dealing with ACME, he'll have no reason to keep her around anymore.

Mila: That's not fair!

Milo: He's disgusting!

Alvin: I know. He's incredibly worse than the rest of his family combined! Not even his uncle, Klaus Vorstein, would do anything as sick as what Prescott does. Plus, Prescott was the reason Alto Rizzoli wanted revenge on us for causing his wife's death, which all started with Prescott torturing the wife for rebuffing his affections.

Greg: It caused her to kill 11 people in '99. She would've killed another if ACME and ESU hadn't shot her to death.

Mr. Pack: That's sad. But whatever happened to this Alto guy?

Layla: He's dead. Almost all of his henchmen are dead, thanks to Prescott. Two are still in jail. One of them, Argon, a creepy floating head, only worked for Alto under Prescott's orders to gain his trust and do Prescott's dirty work. But after almost two years, he got impatient and flew back to New York and killed Alto while he was in jail.

Greg: But never mind the excessive details. The point is, Prescott's a disgusting psychopath and will do anything to destroy ACME, including sending his subordinates on suicide missions. That's why we're sure he'll kill Pamela once her business is done.

Sora: But we can't afford to hurt her. That's exactly what Prescott wants.

Dio: But what can you do to get her back?

Layla: Whatever we can, as long as we don't kill her.

[Tyler enters with his iPad]

Tyler: Guys, I thought this might interest you. I've run a bio-scan of the Parasites and found their identities. They're all perps we collared over the past decade. [shows rap sheets on his iPad] Parasite Black, AKA Amelia Kurtz. Five years in Bedford Hills for criminally negligent homicide. In 2009, She inadvertently caused the death of one of her co-workers at an insurance agency. Even after she got out, the agency wouldn't hire her back, fearing she might kill someone else. Parasite Blue, AKA Seth Saxton. Three years in Sing Sing for stealing a BMW in 2010. Clean since his release, until now. Parasite Yellow, AKA Elvin Morris. Popped for possession of drugs in 2012. Paid a $1,000 fine and did 15 days in jail. Parasite White, AKA Krista Goldman. Served 18 months in Bedford Hills on a weapon-possession conviction in 2008. And finally, Parasite Red, AKA Mitchell Bryant. In 2009, he was convicted of possession of drugs, paid a $2,500 fine, and served two years in Attica. In 2012, he was convicted of an assault. He punched his father in the face over money and served four years in the same prison. Oh, and... [whispers in Greg's ear] About a month ago, he was arrested for rape, but the victim recanted her accusations, leading the DA to drop the charges. And you won't believe this. The victim was Krista Goldman.

Greg: Wow. Why'd she recant?

Tyler: She claimed she got confused and mistook her time with Mitch for a rape.

Greg: Why are you whispering?

Tyler: We can't let this out in front of minors. Anyway, she had his DNA and whatnot, and she had a few bruises on her wrists with a couple cuts. But she still denied the rape. During her recantation, she claimed her sex with Mitch was rough but consensual. Over the past month, she's acted as if nothing ever happened and has been hanging with Mitch and the other three lately. Ball games, bars, Playland, Yonkers Raceway, the whole nine yards.

Dio: What are you guys whispering about?

Greg and Tyler: [react] Nothing!

Alvin: Knowing them, probably something they don't want kids to hear.

[Cut to Prescott's base; the Parasites and Pamela stand before Prescott]

Prescott: Now, I don't know how Seth's CDG unit deactivated, but this had better not happen again. Those units are very integral to the impending destruction of ACME.

Mitch: Understood, sir.

Pamela: Master, I'm pleased to report that my identity's been exposed to the Gladiators. They've been rendered helpless to fight me.

Prescott: Then our next attack won't be any problem. Mitch, you shall lead the attack at Washington Square Park with an army of Demonitron.

Mitch: Understood, sir. Let's go, guys.

[The Parasites and Pamela exit]

[Cut back to ACME Crime Net HQ; the alarm blares]

Dominique: What's that alarm?!

Tyler: [switches to another app on his iPad] There's a disturbance, Dominique.

[A live feed of the Parasites (all in their CDG units) and the Ivory Eagle attacking citizens in Washington Square Park is shown]

Tyler: Pamela and the Parasites are attacking Washington Square Park.

Greg: Gladiators, get there on the double!

Gladiators: Yes, sir!

[They exit the scene]

Mr. Pack: Gladiators?

Tank: What's he talkin' about?

Dio: Captain Lee, why did you call those nine Gladiators?

Greg: [sighs] Dio, this is gonna take a long time to explain.

[Washington Square Park, 10:11am]

Mitch: Ivory Eagle, seek and destroy!

[Pamela fires steel arrows from her crossbow at citizens, who dodge narrowly]

Mitch: Lucky vermin.

Seth: It doesn't matter. Once the Kaleido Gladiators get here, our checks are in the bag.

[Suddenly, the Kaleido Gladiators (all in uniform) enter the scene on their Kaleido Cycles]

Sora: ACME Crime Net! Freeze!

Amelia: The Gladiators! Right on time!

Krista: Time to take 'em out!

Mitch: We'll be rid those pests by lunch time. Attack them, Ivory Eagle!

[The parasite around Pamela's neck glows; Pamela flies toward the Gladiators]

Layla: Gladiators, fire laser cannons!

[The Kaleido Cycles fire laser cannons at Pamela, who repels them all w/her shield]

Mia: Alvin was right about the Ivory Eagle's shield!

Sora: It repelled all nine of our cycles' laser cannons!

Layla: Pamela, stop! You don't know what you're doing!

Pamela: [fires steel arrows from her crossbow] Oh, I know what I'm doing-- Destroying you!

[Sora and Layla shield themselves and their teammates w/their wings and reflect the arrows right back at Pamela]

Pamela: [repels the arrows w/her shield] Your wings may save you, but they won't stop me.

Mitch: Now, give 'em Hell!

[Pamela dive bombs toward Layla and becomes surrounded by ivory aura]

Pamela: Eagle Swoop!

[She strikes Layla hard, knocking her off her cycle]

Sora: Layla!

[Layla slowly gets back on her feet]

Layla: Not even a move like that could stop me. [inputs a code on her Kaleido Booster] 4-2-3! [flies toward Pamela w/her flaming fists] Phoenix Fist!

[She punches Pamela in the gut; Pamela groans]

Layla: This one's all mine, Sora! Take care of the Parasites!

Sora: Right! Let's go, guys!

[She and the other seven Gladiators fight the Parasites and the Demonitron while Layla fights Pamela]

Sora: [inputs code] 7-1-7! Tuning Sword Morning Star!

[She charges at Krista, who fights back w/her rapier]

Brittany: [flies toward Mitch] You're mine, Mitch!

[She strikes Mitch w/her YumeBlade]

Mitch: How'd you know my name?

Brittany: NYPD has you and your fellow parasites on record, Mitch Bryant. Illegal drugs, punching your dad-- Now you resort to forcing an old friend of ours to kill us?!

Mitch: My pals and I kidnapped her, 'cause we needed her to spite you. Your hack judges gave us excessive sentences, and your lazy coppers did nothing to stop them.

Brittany: But hiding behind an innocent performer?! You coward! [inputs code] 9-0-4! Come forth, Durandal!

[Durandal appears]

Mitch: That sword again?!

Brittany: Yes, again. And together, with my YumeBlade, they'll cut you to pieces!

[She and Mitch fight rigorously w/their weapons]

May: [inputs code] 4-2-3! Demon Hyperspeed!

[She skates toward Amelia at hyperspeed]

Amelia: [fires Magma Missiles at May] Magma Missiles!

[May slices through each missile w/her trident]

May: [inputs code] 1-2-0!

[Her trident becomes enhanced by prana]

May: [swings her trident] Flaming Demon Wave!

[Her trident fires a wave of flames at Amelia]

Amelia: [clicks her wrists together] Plasma Shield!

[A Plasma Shield surrounds her, absorbing the flames]

Amelia: Now, it's my turn! [tosses her rapier at May] Die!

[May narrowly dodges, but it grazes her right shoulder; it bleeds slightly]

May: Crap! She got my shoulder!

Anna: Let me back you up, May! [inputs code] 0-3-9! [gains Number 39: Utopia's sword] I've seen it work in Duel Monsters. Now let's see if it works on the real battlefield! [raises the sword] Rising Sun Slash!

[She strikes Amelia w/the sword]

Amelia: I've always hated Duel Monsters.

Seth: [charges at Marion w/his rapier] Try to get by me, doll!

Marion: [points her Aqua Cannon at Seth] Doll?! Aqua Cannon, Super Soak!

[Her cannon fires a massive blast of water at Seth, pushing him back]

Seth: Note to self: Never call a badass teenager "doll".

Marion: I'll teach you to call me such a crappy name. [inputs code] 4-1-0! Time to leave you in the cold with the power of Hermit! [fires a freezing blast from her cannon at Seth] FIRE!

[Seth screams as the blast freezes him solid; Marion then kicks Seth, smashing the ice to pieces; Seth groans, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Elvin: No! Seth!

Rosetta: [grabs Elvin in a stranglehold] You're next, Elvin!

[She slams Elvin to the ground]

Elvin: You little bitch!

Rosetta: [inputs code] 1-2-0! [tosses numerous diabolos w/her daggers] Diabolo Toss!

[Elvin shields himself w/a Plasma Shield and absorbs the diabolos]

Elvin: Magma Cannons!

[He fires Magma Cannons at Rosetta, hitting her]

Rosetta: [inputs code] 1-5-3! Salatiga!

[Salatiga appears in her hands]

Elvin: [whips out his rapier] You want a fair fight? I'll give you one!

[He and Rosetta fight w/their weapons]

[Back at Sora's fight with Krista, Sora fires arrows at Krista, who blocks w/her Plasma Shield]

Krista: You call yourself the Angel of Hope? You have no hope of defeating us or getting your Ivory Eagle back.

Sora: Wrong! I never give up hope! No one should! [inputs code] 4-1-0! Camael, form Megiddo!

[Camael appears and takes the form of Megiddo (a cannon)]

Sora: This is for your own good, Krista!

[Megiddo fires a massive blast at Krista, hitting her hard; Megiddo vanishes]

Sora: I love these new powers! Kotori's gonna be so jealous.

Krista: [gets back on her feet] I'm not impressed. Your borrowed Spirit powers are no substitute for your own.

[She takes to the sky and fires her Magma Cannons at Sora]

Sora: But they're most often just as useful. [inputs code] 7-3-5! Double Wing Mode!

[She gains extra wings and takes to the sky, dodging the blast from the Magma Cannons]

Sora: Give up and turn yourself in!

Krista: No way! I promised Mitch I'd help him kill you, and I never break a promise to him!

[She charges at Sora w/her rapier]

Sora: [inputs code] 4-2-3! Angelic Chop!

[She karate-chops Krista's rapier in half; she winces]

Krista: My rapier! [charges at Sora w/her fists ready] I'll kill you, Naegino!

Sora: [points her bow and an arrow at Krista] Arrow of Hope!

[She fires the arrow at Krista, striking her through the left shoulder; Krista screams and falls to the ground; Sora flies back down]

Sora: Turn yourself in at once!

[Krista gets back on her feet and pushes a button on her unit]

Computer: Self-destruct sequence initiated.

Krista: If I'm going down, I'm taking you out with me!

[She grabs Sora and takes to the sky]

Mia: Sora, get out of there!

Sarah: Her unit's going to blow!

Sora: I can't break free! I can't reach my booster!

Mia: [inputs code] 1-2-0! Platinum Lance!

[Her Platinum Lance becomes empowered by prana; she flies toward Krista and strikes her w/her lance, Krista screams and releases Sora]

Mia: [grabs Sora's hand] Hurry!

[They fly out of the way as Krista falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Amelia: Krista!

[After the smoke clears, Krista, her unit destroyed, lies out cold on the ground]

Sora: Thanks, Mia.

Mia: Don't mention it. Too bad about Krista, though.

Amelia: [leaves her fight with May and charges at Mia] Damn you, Guillem! You could've killed her!

Mia: [knocks her back w/her lance] Away with you!

[Amelia hits the ground; May and Sarah face her]

Amelia: [grabs her rapier] This isn't over by a long shot, Gladiators!

Sarah: [charges at Amelia w/her Lorikeet Flute (blade form)] It will be!

[She strikes Amelia w/her blade]

May: [spins toward Amelia, pointing her trident at her] Demon... SPIRAL!!!

[She strikes Amelia; Amelia screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; Elvin is shocked]

Mitch: Don't just stand there, Elvin! Get them!

[Elvin is too shocked to move]

Elvin: I... I can't. Look what they did to the others!

[Rosetta tosses her daggers at him, hitting him; the daggers fly back to Rosetta's hands like boomerangs]

Elvin: [growls and charges at Rosetta w/his rapier] Okay! You're asking for it! This is for Seth, Amelia, and Krista!

Rosetta: [tosses her diabolos in a star pattern] Star Cradle Barrage!

[Elvin screams as he gets struck by all diabolos; he hits the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Mitch: [seethes] Ivory Eagle, finish off the Golden Phoenix!

Pamela: Understood!

[She flies toward Layla, surrounded by ivory aura]

Layla: [as her sword ignites] Phoenix Saber, ignite!

[She strikes Pamela w/her sword, stopping her attack]

Layla: Pamela, don't let Prescott do this to you. You're not his henchman. You're our friend!

Pamela: I have no friends. I don't need friends.

Layla: You're a Kaleido Gladiator, yet your loyalty is with a backstabber.

Mitch: She's just bluffin', Ivory Eagle!

Brittany: [strikes Mitch w/her blade] Shut up, Mitch!

[Her blade leaves a cut on Mitch's right cheek; Mitch screams in pain]

Mitch: You damn little bitch!

[He grabs Brittany and holds onto her tightly so she cannot reach for her Kaleido Booster nor move her blade]

Brittany: Let me go!

Mitch: Ivory Eagle, attack her now!

Pamela: [as the parasite around her neck glows] Acknowledged!

[She points her crossbow at Brittany]

Sora: [charges at Pamela] Pamela, don't do it!

[Just as Pamela is about to fire, Sora tackles her to the ground, causing her to fire a steel arrow toward Mitch's head]

Mitch: NO! NOT ME!!

[Suddenly, Krista gets back up and jumps into the line of fire; she gets struck in the shoulder and hits the ground]

Mitch: Krista...

[Brittany kicks him in the gut, forcing him to let her go; Brittany grabs her blade and points it at Pamela]

Brittany: Pamela, I know you didn't mean to hurt Krista. You don't mean to harm anyone. Prescott and Mitch are just using you!

Pamela: Shut your trap, you damn brat! You're a poor excuse for a Gladiator!

[She grabs one of the defeated Parasites' Red Rapier; she and Brittany take to the sky and fight w/their weapons]

Layla: It's all up to Brittany now.

Sora: Yeah, but look at Krista.

May: She risked her life to save Mitch.

Rosetta: I never knew she was so devoted to him.

Anna: So devoted, she'd be willing to sacrifice everything.

Mia: I know. But it's pretty sad.

Marion: All her devotion and loyalty, wasted on revenge and hatred.

Layla: Even though she's a criminal, she didn't deserve this.

Mitch: You may have crippled my team, but now I'll enjoy the pleasure of crippling yours! Ivory Eagle, take down the one blew your shot.

[Pamela points her crossbow at Sora]

Sora: Pamela, look at me. It's me, Sora. Sora Naegino of Kaleido Stage. Don't you remember that show we performed together at Theatrical Camp? I played the princess. You played the evil sorceress. And after the show, you told me you used to be part of Kaleido Stage. We're friends!

Pamela: That Pamela is gone. And as I stated before, I have no friends. And as Prescott Vorstein has ordered, I'll destroy all nine of you once and for all! And I'll start with you, Angel of Hope.

[She fires a steel arrow at Sora]

Sora: Angel Shield!

[She shields herself w/her wings and reflects the arrow right back at Pamela (pointed at her forehead)]

Sora: Oh, no! Not the forehead!

[Suddenly, Elvin awakens and notices the scene; he gets back up and pushes Pamela out of the way and gets struck in the head by the arrow (the arrow does not go through, but it leaves a gash on the forehead); Elvin hits the ground]

Mitch: Elvin? But why?

Elvin: [in pain] That arrow could've killed her. The Ivory Eagle was your only protection. I was trying to save you, Mitch. [groans and collapses]

[Mitch walks up to Elvin's body and checks for a pulse]

Mitch: Cocky to the end.

Sora: He's dead?

Mitch: [picks up the arrow] The Ivory Eagle's arrows are made of steel. Even if one doesn't pierce its enemy, it can still be as harmful as a bludgeon. But if anyone's to blame for Elvin's death, only Elvin is.

Krista: [weakly] Elvin? He's gone?

[Mitch notices Krista lying on the ground next to him]

Krista: Mitch, is Elvin really dead?

Mitch: Yes, Krista. He thought he was trying to save me. He was a fool.

Krista: Listen, Mitch. I don't think I'll be able to fight anymore. And neither will Seth and Amelia. Their use of their CDG units took too much out of them.

Mitch: Indeed, they did. They failed. Just like you.

[He impales Krista through the midsection w/the discarded arrow, then through the chest w/the remains of Krista's rapier; he removes both weapons]

Layla: You're low, Mitch! Killing off your most loyal teammate!

Mitch: Why should I bother with my useless fellow Parasites now when I've got the Ivory Eagle by my side? Disengage!

[His CDG unit disappears back into his dog tag]

Mitch: Let's go, Ivory Eagle. We gotta recharge.

[Pamela nods; both vanish]

Sora: You ruthless coward!

[All Gladiators revert to normal]

Layla: Call a bus. We gotta get Seth and Amelia to a hospital.

[Sora looks down at Krista's corpse]

Sora: [in her mind] Why is this upsetting me most of all?

[Lenox Hill Hospital, 12:43pm]

[In a hospital room, Seth and Amelia lie on hospital beds while Judge Helen Morrissey conducts arraignment; by the defendants' side are Alejandro "Alex" Garcia and defense attorneys Ned Logan and Simone Clark]

Judge Morrissey: Docket ending 3814. People v. Seth Saxton and Amelia Kurtz. Nine counts: Attempted murder in the first degree, one count: Conspiracy in the first degree.

Alex: Alejandro Garcia for the People, Your Honor.

Logan: Ned Logan for Mr. Saxton.

Clark: Simone Clark for Miss Kurtz.

Judge Morrissey: Let the record show that we're conducting arraignment in Lenox Hill Hospital, where the defendants are currently recovering from their injuries. How do the defendants plead?

Seth: Not guilty.

Amelia: Not guilty.

Alex: Your Honor, the defendants are charged with assaulting nine ACME Crime Net detectives. We ask that they both be held without bail.

Judge Morrissey: Mr. Logan?

Logan: In his condition, my client can barely move, let alone flee.

Judge Morrissey: Miss Clark?

Clark: Same for my client. Plus, remand for either defendant is excessive.

Alex: Not if they're also suspects in a kidnapping and separate mass murder in Pennsylvania. But we still need the time before we ask for an extradition hold.

Judge Morrissey: Bail is set at $1,000,000 per defendant. Both will turn in their passports. [exits] Thank you, counsel. See you in court.

Logan: Before we even bother posting bail, Alex, I wanna talk about a deal.

Alex: I'm all ears, Ned. Simone?

Clark: My client feels the same way, Alex. She was devastated by what her boss did to her best friend.

Amelia: I don't care if I have to go back to jail for this. Mitch is the one who should be locked up forever. First he gets away with raping Krista, now he stoops so low as to killing her?

Seth: I thought he was my friend. But in all actuality, he was just using me. Me and the other Parasites.

Alex: Attempted murder-two, they each do 15 years.

Clark: Assault-two, seven and a half.

Alex: Nine ACME detectives-- They're looking at 225 years. That's 25 to life for each count to be served consecutively.

Logan: And if they cooperate, you're looking at nothing less than a murder-one conviction against Mitch Bryant.

Alex: I'm not offering a day under double digits.

Amelia: It just ain't fair. Mitch didn't even care that Krista was expecting.

Alex: [a tad shocked] Expecting?

Amelia: Before we kidnapped Pamela, Krista confided in me that she was four weeks pregnant with Mitch's baby and only obeyed him so she could stay alive.

Alex: Did she ever wanna terminate it?

Amelia: No. She didn't care if she had a child out of rape. After she was released from prison, she just wanted to be a mother. Just a month ago, she got her wish, the hard way.

Alex: You give us Mitch, we give you five years, and we'll recommend the US Attorney give you immunity on the kidnapping and bombing in Pennsylvania.

[Office of Medical Examiner Cassandra Cornell, 2:45pm]

[Dr. Cornell has finished inspecting Krista's body]

Dr. Cornell: Damn. Poor thing.

[There is a knock at the door]

Dr. Cornell: Come in.

[Layla enters]

Layla: Dr. Cornell.

Dr. Cornell: Layla. Now, I understand you're well aware of Krista Goldman's cause and manner of death, but there's something you should know, not that it's gonna hold up in court, anyway.

Layla: What's the matter?

Dr. Cornell: This might be very hard to say, but... There was a fetus.

Layla: No...

Dr. Cornell: Krista was pregnant, about a month.

Layla: Oh, my God. Mitch not only killed Krista, but... her unborn baby, too?

Dr. Cornell: It's sad. But you had a case of a pregnant woman murdered in a train crash almost two years ago.

Layla: Yes, but that was caused by a man who was driven to near suicide by a remorseless gang leader's e-mail. This was in cold blood.

Dr. Cornell: Nevertheless, I hope you catch Mitch Bryant, and save your friend Pamela. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

[She and Layla shake hands]

Layla: Thank you, Doctor.

[She exits the office and finds Sora crying near the doorway in a fetal position]

Layla: [shuts the door] Sora? What's wrong?

Sora: I overheard everything, Layla. It's bad enough that Mitch kills Krista, but to kill her while she's pregnant?!

Layla: Hey, it's nothing to cry over.

Sora: But it kept bringing me back memories of before Yume was born. My parents flew in from Japan to ask me to return home, but when I accidentally let slip that they wouldn't have to worry about me after the baby was born, it pushed my mom to the edge and caused her to go into labor. She almost lost the baby because of me.

Layla: Yume made it through, and so did your mother.

Sora: I know, but after hearing what Dr. Cornell said, what Mitch did to Krista made me think what would've happened if Mom and the baby didn't make it. I'd have been dubbed a baby killer, a monster, a selfish bitch-- All for the rest of my life!

[She cries on Layla's shoulder; Layla cups her chin and kisses her on the lips, stopping Sora's crying]

Layla: Sora, like your mother said, it wasn't your fault. She just pushed you. Something she never wanted to do. But as for Mitch Bryant, he did what he did on purpose. Even if he didn't know Krista was pregnant, what he did was unforgivable, as is his treatment of Pamela.

Sora: Layla...

Layla: And speaking of Pamela, we still have to find a way to break Mitch's hold over her.

Sora: [nods] Right.

Layla: Once we get Pamela back, all 10 of us Gladiators will give Mitch a fight he won't ever forget.

Sora: [tears up again] Layla. [hugs Layla] I love you!

[Layla hugs her back]

Layla: And I, you, Sora.

[Somewhere further down the hall, May has seen it all]

May: Wow. I never expected those two to be... Well, like that. [smiles] How sweet.

[Back at Prescott's base, Mitch's CDG unit is being tuned up; Mitch stands before Prescott]

Mitch: Prescott, the other Parasites have failed me. Two have been picked up by the police, and the other two are dead.

Prescott: They were useless. But I still need you. Argon programmed that demon parasite around the Ivory Eagle's neck to obey only your orders. Without you, the parasite will be rendered useless.

Mitch: What's my next move, sir?

Prescott: For now, take the rest of the day off. That'll give us plenty of time for Gelman to give your CDG unit an upgrade, and for Savage to prepare a new robot for you to pilot. Consider it my first payment to you for your efforts so far.

[Mitch exits]

Prescott: Savage, how's the work on the new robot coming along?

[Savage approaches him]

Savage: The body is complete, sir, but the programming is going to take all night to complete. But imagine the possibilities. Raimei, a gigantic mechanical behemoth with drills for hands. It shoots lightning bolts from the spikes on its forehead, and fires a radioactive beam from its chest.

Prescott: Excellent. Your price?

Savage: For an all-powerful robot, $50,000. But you can pay me after Raimei's programming is complete.

Prescott: Very well. Carry on.

[Savage exits]

Prescott: [turns to Pamela] As for you, my Ivory Eagle, once you've regained your strength, I've got something special planned for you tomorrow.

Pamela: Yes, sir. [exits]

Prescott: It's the beginning of the end for ACME Crime Net.

[Cut to the rest of Prescott's human henchmen in Owen's office]

Owen: Chaps, Prescott is going too far. Calling his failed Parasites useless-- They gave it their best shot. It just wasn't enough, that's all.

Robertson: Prescott doesn't tolerate failure, even if they're a small percentage shy of victory.

Rawlings: But what about Mitch Bryant? He's such an unempathetic bastard!

Gelman: I know. He killed Parasite White in cold blood and didn't give a damn about Parasite Yellow's sacrifice to save him.

Rawlings: And on an unrelated note, we still haven't figured out what caused Seth's CDG unit to deactivate earlier this morning.

Gelman: Guys, I think Owen can explain while we're behind closed doors. After all, I designed our offices to be soundproof, so Prescott can never hear of our secrets.

Owen: [extracts the unit blocker from his pocket] This, my friends, is a unit blocker, created by Ira Gelman. When Seth's vital signs were critical, the red button on this thing flashed, giving me the signal to push it and deactivate his CDG unit before it can take anymore out of him. I was trying to save him.

Robertson: That was you?

Rawlings: Jeez, man. You and Gelman could've gotten in a lotta trouble with that thing.

Owen: But we didn't.

Robertson: But why didn't you use it on Krista when she set her unit on self-destruct?

Owen: Her vital signs were normal. She survived that explosion, barely. The unit blocker only works while the button flashes.

Robertson: I'll bet you're gonna use it on Mitch, too, huh?

Owen: There are some CDG users at Prescott's disposal that don't deserve to be spared. That's why Mitch is on his own for his next battle.

Rawlings: And what about the Ivory Eagle?

Owen: Personally, I'd rather let her join the Kaleido Gladiators than to remain with us as Prescott's disposable puppet. But if Prescott gets wind of us helping ACME, he'll surely kill us all. This is a matter for the Kaleido Gladiators to settle.

Rawlings: Prescott'll surely kill us, anyway, if we side with the Gladiators.

Robertson: Not if we stay in hiding during the battle.

Owen: Still as smart as ever, Miss Robertson.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, 5:42pm]

[Tyler and the Gladiators have shown the rest of the cast of Theatrical Camp a video of the fight in Washington Square Park]

Mr. Pack: Mitch Bryant uses Pamela as a puppet? That's sick.

Dio: And can you believe him killing one of his own teammates in front of the Gladiators?

Sora: And while she was-- [whispers into Mr. Pack's ear] ...one month pregnant.

Mr. Pack: Oh, my God.

Layla: It's very sad. Krista didn't deserve it.

Dominique: Well, what can you do to catch Mitch and save Pamela?

Rosetta: For now, nothing, until they make their next move.

Milo: There was something weird around Pamela's neck while she was fighting.

Mila: It looked like a big bug.

Tank: Think maybe that's what's causing Mitch to pull her strings?

Tyler: Lemme run a scan on that thing.

[He runs the video back and pauses it to a point where he has a clear shot of the parasite around Pamela's neck; he runs a scan on the parasite]

Tyler: You're right, Tank. It's a demon parasite. It has a voice command feature programmed to force the wearer to obey Mitch's commands.

Sora: So the best thing to do is destroy it.

Tyler: But considering how evasive she is, we might have our work cut out for us.

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Alvin: You girls keep Pamela busy. Mitch is all mine.

Mitch: Prescott's given me the opportunity of a lifetime, and I won't let some brats like you take it away from me!

Sora: Pamela, it's that demon parasite around your neck that's making Mitch control you!

Pamela: This parasite can't be touched by human hands.

Argon: Master Prescott, there are intruders on the premises!

Prescott: GET THEM!!

Pamela: Next time on ACME Crime Net, The Ivory Eagle Part 3! Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (10/13/2017 8:24 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera