ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2018 8:27 am  #1

Side-Fic 275: The Understudy Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Zuzu: Hey, everyone! The show's just about to begin!

Sarah: Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[South Street Seaport, 2:44pm]

[We pick up where we left off]

Zuzu: Just one more move.

[Suddenly, the red button on her Kaleido Booster flashes]

Sarah: Zuzu, this is it! Activate Mega Mode now!

Zuzu: Well, here goes nothing. [pushes the button] Mega Armor, activate!

[She gains lorikeet-themed armor; she gains two more wings; her flute transforms into a falchion]

Zuzu: Mega-Armored Gladiator!

Voxoid: Oh, your own Mega Mode? [laughs] A wimp like you can't really do much with that much armor, can you?

Zuzu: We'll see about that.

[The outline of her body glows; her four wings glow and change to different colors, one each: Red, violet, green, and yellow]

Voxoid: Wait, what's going on?

Sarah: I didn't get those colored wings when I first got my Mega Mode.

Layla: How did she--?

Zuzu: I'm a reincarnation of Ray Akaba, remember? Each of my wings symbolizes one of Ray's dimensional counterparts. The yellow symbolizes Lulu Obsidian of the Xyz Dimension, the green: Rin of the Synchro Dimension, the violet: Celina of the Fusion Dimension, and red: Myself-- Zuzu Boyle, of the Pendulum Dimension.

[Her falchion's color turns the same colors as her wings]

Sarah: I knew I'd make the right decision.

Voxoid: I'm not afraid of you!

Zuzu: Well, you should be! Let's rock!

[The Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V theme is heard in the background; Zuzu and Voxoid fight rigorously]

Pamela: All right! Good girl!

Layla: Keep at it, Zuzu!

[Voxoid tries to slice Zuzu with his sword, but Zuzu blocks with her falchion, which slices the opposing sword in half]

Voxoid: Aw, who needs a dumb sword? My shield has capable of more than just defense!

[His shield is revealed to have gun barrels around the edges, which fire bullets at Zuzu, who repels each bullet w/her falchion, then takes to the sky]

Voxoid: What?!

Zuzu: Ultrasonic Wing Blast!

[Her wings fire colorful ultrasonic waves at Voxoid, hitting him; Zuzu's falchion glows]

Zuzu: [dives toward Voxoid] Harmony Falchion, Melodious Strike!

[Voxoid tries to block with his shield, but Zuzu bisects both it and him w/her falchion, destroying the shield and electrifying Voxoid, Voxoid screams, splits in half, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Voxoid is left in pieces, his neck glowing]

Sarah: Allow me, dear.

[She grabs Voxoid's chip from the severed neck; Sarah, with all her might, snaps it in half with her bare hands; upon this, Voxoid's remains vanish into dust]

Sarah: Lest the Demonoids try to repair him and make him grow, even though a finishing blow from one of our machines would've been more than enough to overload the chip. Besides, I needed this one last fling before I left.

[Zuzu reverts to normal Gladiator form]

Zuzu: Nice work, Sarah.

Sarah: Thanks, but you did most of the work, Zuzu. And you finally mastered your Mega Mode. Not to mention, you made it your own.

Zuzu: Aw, shucks.

Sarah: Since you have the power of four dimensional duelists, it's without a doubt that you're the perfect replacement for my role as the Lorikeet of Love.

Zuzu: Thank you, Sarah.

[They embrace]

Zuzu: Let's go, troops. Brittany's gonna need our help back at Washington Square Park.

Sora: And fast!

[All nine fly off, with Zuzu taking Sarah along for the ride]

[Washington Square Park, 2:46pm]

[The fight between Alvin and Delta rages on; Alvin strikes Delta with his blade, cutting her right arm off]

Delta: You're a lucky chipmunk. But don't think it'll save you from the power of a Demonoid!

[She reattaches her right arm and is about to strike Alvin with her kanabo, when suddenly, Mechike appears]

Mechike: Enough!

Alvin: Mechike!

Delta: Master Mechike! Sir, please let me finish this runt.

Mechike: No need. I'll handle it. But first, I've got a duel to stop. Right now, you report back to the Nickar.

Delta: Yes, sir.

[She transports out]

Alvin: What do you mean, you've got a duel to stop?

Mechike: I sense foul play.

[Meanwhile, the duel between Brittany and Roscoe continues]

[LP:
Brittany: 3,800 (Hand: 4)
Roscoe: 3,700 (Hand: 0)]

[SARYUJA SKULL DREAD:
ATK: 10,800]

Roscoe: So long!

[Saryuja Skull Dread fires its attack at Brittany again]

Brittany: [grits her teeth] This isn't over! I knew you were gonna use Double or Nothing! But Necro Gardna was only a decoy. [places another card] Battle Fader, enter the field and end the battle phase!

[Battle Fader appears, repelling the attack]

[LV: 1
DEF: 0]

Roscoe: [growls] I end my turn.

[SARYUJA SKULL DREAD:
ATK: 2,800]

Brittany: [draws] I draw! [places a card] First, I activate my own copy of Forbidden Chalice, negating Quintet Magician's effects this turn!

[QUINTET MAGICIAN:
ATK: 4,900]

Brittany: [places another card] I activate Shien's Spy! This card lets me give you control of one of my monsters until the end of my turn. Battle Fader, it's off to Roscoe's field you go.

[Battle Fader transfers to Roscoe's field]

Roscoe: Why would you do that? Not that I need this monster, anyway, since its attack and defense points are nonexistent.

Brittany: [places another card] Because now I tribute all three of your monsters to give you this monster!

[All three of Roscoe's monsters vanish, and in their place appears The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode]

Roscoe: A big, glowing bowling ball?!

[The sphere flickers furiously]

Brittany: That big, glowing bowling ball is The Winged Dragon of Ra in Sphere Mode. You wanted this card, right? Well, I've given it to you. Plus, normally, Quintet Magician wouldn't be tributed, but once I targeted him with Forbidden Chalice, I negated that effect. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Roscoe: [growls] You'll pay for that. [draws] I draw!

Brittany: Unless you've got a card that doesn't target or a card worth tributing Ra's Sphere for, you can't get rid of it.

Roscoe: No, but I can use this: [places another card] Re-Fusion! This card lets me special-summon a Fusion monster from my graveyard. Quintet Magician, welcome back!

[Quintet Magician reappears]

[LV: 12
ATK: 4,500]

Roscoe: Disposing of my monsters to give me this dumb sphere was a big mistake, Brittany. As soon as my magician attacks you directly, you'll lose everything! Quintet Magician, attack her directly and finish this duel with Quintuple Magic Attack!

[Quintet Magician fires his attack at Brittany from five magic circles]

Brittany: [reveals set card] I activate Shrink! This card splits your monster's attack points in half this turn!

[QUINTET MAGICIAN:
ATK: 2,250]

[Brittany gets struck by the shrunken attack]

[LP:
Brittany: 1,550 (Hand: 1)
Roscoe: 2,900 (Hand: 0)]

Roscoe: Lucky break. I end my turn.

Brittany: Since your turn's over, I regain control of Ra's sphere.

[Ra's sphere returns to Brittany's field]

Brittany: [draws] It's my turn! Now, before I use the card I just drew, it's time to release my Egyptian God from confinement!

Almighty protector of the sun and sky,
I beg of thee, please heed my cry.
Transform thyself from orb of light,
and bring me victory in this fight.
I beseech thee. Grace our humble game.
But first, I shall call out thy name!

WINGED DRAGON OF RA!!

[The Winged Dragon of Ra emerges from his sphere and roars ferociously]

[LV: 10
ATK: 4,000]

Roscoe: The very card I want from you. Unfortunately, he doesn't stand a chance against my magician with only 4,000 attack points. Plus, his effect of destroying one monster on the field won't work, either, since Quintet Magician can't be destroyed by card effects.

Brittany: [places another card] That's why I'm equipping Ra with Black Pendant, giving him 500 more attack points!

[Ra gets equipped with Black Pendant]

[ATK: 4,500]

Brittany: Time to end this game! Ra, attack and destroy Quintet Magician with Blaze Cannon!

[Ra fires Blaze Cannon at Quintet Magician]

Roscoe: Quintet Magician, counterattack with Quintuple Magic Attack!

[Quintet Magician fires his attack at Ra; both attacks hit each opposing monster, destroying each other]

Roscoe: That may have cost me my best monster, but at the same time, you've lost your Egyptian God.

[He suddenly gets struck with damage]

[LP:
Brittany: 1,550 (Hand: 1)
Roscoe: 2,400 (Hand: 0)]

Brittany: But it also cost you 500 life points, since Black Pendant was sent from the field to the graveyard. Plus, the battle phase isn't even over yet. Since Ra was sent from my field to my graveyard, you've allowed me to unlock his most powerful form yet!

[Rising from the graveyard is Ra, in his final form: Immortal Phoenix]

[LV: 10
ATK: 4,000]

Brittany: Feast your eyes on The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix!

[Ra roars ferociously; Roscoe trembles]

Roscoe: No! No one defeats Roscoe Jones!

Brittany: Now, for the final blow!

Mechike: Hold it!

[He approaches and vaporizes the cage]

Brittany: Mechike?

Roscoe: You're too late, Mechike. I've already lost this duel.

Mechike: [scoffs] Then I guess it's pointless to tell Brittany that you've been cheating your way to summoning your magician during your penultimate turn.

Roscoe: Cheating? Me?

Mechike: As I observed the duel, when you played Card of Sanctity, you snuck the eight cards you needed from your sleeve to the top of your deck before you drew them.

Roscoe: But, sir, I knew after my last duel how these Doom Disks take the life of a losing duelist.

[Brittany gasps in shock]

Roscoe: And you did tell me to bring back the Egyptian God cards, didn't you?

Mechike: Resorting to cheating is not the answer. Especially when it comes to dueling for the Egyptian God cards. Stealing or cheating for them will only anger the Gods and destroy us. And don't give me anymore buts. Butts are for ashtrays. Butts are for backsides. And there is no escaping your defeat.

Roscoe: [growls] I hate you, Mechike!

Brittany: I hate to have to do this, Roscoe, but the circumstances tell me that I have no other choice. Ra, end this duel!

[Ra charges at Roscoe and incinerates him; Roscoe screams]

[LP:
Brittany: 1,550 (Hand: 2)
Roscoe: 0 (Hand: 0)]

Roscoe: No! I can't... [groans in pain] My Doom Disk!

[He collapses to the ground; his Doom Disk shatters to pieces; Roscoe comes to with every last bit of his breath]

Roscoe: This is just the beginning. Mr. Roget has other duelists waiting in line to use a Doom Disk against you. They'll come for your Egyptian God cards, and they'll dispatch any lesser duelist who gets in their way.

[He collapses again]

Yuya: Wait, did he say Mr. Roget? As in, Jean Michel Roget?

Mechike: [scoffs] People can't keep secrets, can they? Yes. Roget from the Synchro Dimension.

Alvin: Who's this Roget guy?

Gong: Roget used to be an agent for the Fusion Dimension. He infiltrated the Synchros and became director of Sector Security.

Yuya: That bastard ended up betraying the Fusion Dimension and tried to make the Synchro Dimension his own, not caring about the lives he could've taken. But that's impossible. When we beat him, he got sucked into a dimensional gateway...

Mechike: ...which landed him in this dimension. I found him floating in the sea, and he offered himself as my new servant, to which I agreed.

Alvin: You... [charges at Mechike] You monster!

Brittany: How can you turn a blind eye to your servant creating duel disks that kill the losing duelists, even if those losing duelists are among your own?!

Mechike: Simple. If they fail, they don't belong with me. Just like Prescott when he failed to destroy you. You see, when you disabled him, you were actually doing me a favor.

Simon: How can you talk like that about your own creator?

Mechike: On the contrary, I wasn't a creation of his. The only part of me he ever manufactured was my body. He actually salvaged my soul and has given me new life. But in the process, he wiped most of my old memories clean. All I currently have are those of my old ambitions to recreate Earth in my own image where only my kind thrives. And you know something? I don't even care if I don't regain all my old memories. All I want is to finish the job I started. And with Prescott out of the way, I can finally take over! [laughs]

Alvin: We won't let you! Bros, Brittany, let's go!

[He, his brothers (who, w/their Battle Spiders, convert to Super Mode), and Brittany charge at Mechike w/their weapons]

Mechike: [fires missiles from his chest] Foolish children.

[Alvin slices each missile in half]

Mechike: What?

Brittany: YumeBlade, Dream Strike!

[She swings her blade, firing a wave of mauve energy at Mechike, hitting him]

Simon: Fire Bolt!

Theodore: Morning Star!

[They strike Mechike w/their weapons]

Mechike: [as his blade appears] Demonoid Blade!

Chipmunks: Arachna Iron, armor on!

[They gain Arachna Iron armor]

Brittany: [pushes the blinking Mega button on her Kaleido Booster] Mega Armor, activate!

[She assumes Mega Mode]

Chipmunks: Iron Blades, Cross Strike!

[They swing their Iron Blades in X shapes, firing X-shaped blasts at Mechike, hitting him, but barely leaving a scratch]

Brittany: Mega YumeBlade, Mega Dream Strike!

[She takes to the sky, but Mechike intercepts with his blade]

Mechike: You thought you could outwit the most powerful Demonoid in the universe?!

Brittany: Even the most powerful Demonoid can't conquer good!

[Mechike pushes her back; Brittany gets sent flying towards a tree; suddenly, Zuzu flies into the scene and catches her, then strikes Mechike w/her flute blade]

Brittany: Thanks, Zuzu!

[The other eight Gladiators and Sarah approach]

Layla: Everyone okay?

Yuya: We're fine, Layla.

Mechike: The other Gladiators!

Zuzu: So you're the evil Mechike, eh?

Mechike: That, I am, young lady.

Sora: Don't worry, Zuzu. He's no better than his boss.

Mechike: [scoffs] Prescott? The Spider Riders did me a favor that Christmas Eve.

Brittany: He just wanted Prescott out of the way for his own selfish reasons.

Zuzu: [notices Roscoe] And what happened to Jones?

Mechike: He lost. His duel disk was the cause of his death.

May: What?!

Mechike: My servant, Jean-Michel Roget, manufactured these deadly duel disks. In a duel involving a duelist carrying the Doom Disk, the one whose life point counter hits 0 will instantly die. If the one carrying the Doom Disk loses, the Doom Disk will instantly shatter. And don't forget Roscoe's dying words. More will come for the Egyptian God cards.

Brittany: The Egyptian Gods are not meant for evil!

Mechike: Then why would Marik Ishtar have ever gone after them in the first place?

Alvin: That was his evil side, not the real Marik. And he also wanted the Millennium Puzzle to gain the power of the pharaoh so that the Gods would trust and serve him. But the puzzle is gone.

Simon: The Egyptian Gods now only serve anyone pure of heart. Anyone who uses them for their own selfish purposes-- [makes a slashing motion across his throat]

Mechike: Seto Kaiba was just as selfish as Marik was.

Jeanette: Except he's a modern reincarnation of one of the priests who served under the Pharaoh over 5,000 years ago. You, on the other hand, are a reincarnation of a corrupt modern man, and a robot.

Yuya: The Egyptian Gods are so powerful that they could go on a rampage if they end up in the wrong hands.

Mechike: All the more reason I want them. But stealing is too simple and wouldn't prove how powerful I am. That's why I choose to fight for them. I choose to go after Obelisk and Ra first. Once I have them, I'll use them both against Yugi Muto and take Slifer the Sky Dragon easily.

Alvin: [growls] Listen here, Mechike. Even if you do get Ra and Obelisk, which you won't, you'll never beat Yugi.

Mechike: What can he do to me without the Pharaoh?

Alvin: He creamed all three Egyptian Gods in his duel against Atem. Even if he doesn't use Slifer, he'll surely beat Obelisk and Ra alone.

Mechike: [growls] I've heard enough. [snaps his fingers]

[Savage appears]

Mechike: Savage, exterminate these fools.

Savage: Yes, master.

[He and Mechike charge at the gang; the Gladiators fight Mechike]

Simon: [intercepts Savage] Savage, I know you want justice for your brother, but remember, Mechike sent him to his death in the first place. Mechike doesn't care about you!

Savage: Silence, fool!

[He strikes Simon w/his blades]

Alvin: Simon!

Simon: He may not be the old Savage anymore, but he doesn't deserve what Mechike gave him.

Savage: So long as I have this upgrade, I'll eliminate the very beings that killed Temper.

Zuzu: [flies toward Savage, blade on hand] Leave those kids alone, you bastard!

[She strikes Savage w/her blade]

Savage: Who are you?!

Zuzu: Your worst nightmare. Ladies?

[The Gladiators each input a different code on their Kaleido Boosters, each gaining a different sword (the Throne of Annihilation appears beside Layla)]

Gladiators: Auxiliary Sword Mode!

Layla: [whips out Sandalphon from the throne] Sandalphon!

Sora: Arciel!

Rosetta: Salatiga!

Marion: Il Maestro!

May: Magic Sword Leprazam!

Brittany: Durandal!

Mia: Ascalon!

Anna: Chaos Blade!

Zuzu: Golden Sword, spike formation!

Pamela: Blade of Light!

[All 10 charge at Savage w/their swords]

Savage: You're not the ones I want.

[He fires a blast from his eyes at the Gladiators, pushing them all back]

Savage: My target is the Spider Riders. They killed my brother. You Gladiators are in my way.

Layla: [looks at Sandalphon's throne] Why don't you save your ranting and raving for your brother in the afterlife?

[She slices the throne w/Sandalphon, causing the pieces to merge with it to create Halvanhelev]

Layla: Halvanhelev!

Mechike: [in his mind] Why does that sword look familiar to me?

Simon: Be careful, Layla. Halvanhelev is so powerful, it could be risky. If it reaches its critical point, the results could be catastrophic!

Layla: I'm willing to take that risk, Simon. Besides, I only need one shot.

[She flies toward Savage and Mechike, Halvanhelev on hand]

Layla: Time to cut you two down!

[She is about to strike Savage and Mechike w/Halvanhelev and her Phoenix Saber, when suddenly, LN appears and intercepts]

LN: No one goes through my master without first going through me!

Layla: LN.

[She pulls back]

Layla: Disengage!

[Halvanhelev vanishes]

LN: Sir, forgive me for barging in on you like this, but I thought I'd do you two a favor and finish these brutes myself.

Mechike: Very well, LN. Come, Savage. We must fall back for now.

Savage: This isn't over yet. I'll get the Spider Riders eventually!

[He and Mechike vanish]

Alvin: Cowards!

LN: You'll fight them again eventually. That is, if you can survive your battle with me!

[She fires lasers at the gang, who dodge]

Zuzu: [flies toward LN] This one is mine!

[She and LN fight with their swords]

LN: You again?!

Zuzu: That's right, and I'm a Kaleido Gladiator now!

[They fight over the course of the next minute and a half]

Alvin: Whoa. Look at her go.

Yuya: That's our Zuzu, eh, Gong?

Gong: Mm-hmm.

LN: Never pit a human against a machine. There's no hope for the former.

Alvin: Funny. Delta told me the same thing when I fought her.

Zuzu: Tell that to Voxoid. He didn't stand a chance. And we're no ordinary humans. But if you want a fair contest, check out this machine. [inputs code on her Kaleido Booster] 9-1-0! Cosmo Bazooka!

[The Cosmo Bazooka appears in her hands]

Rosetta: Wha-- She's using one of the Cosmo Cats' weapons?!

May: Their weapons' data was added to the Kaleido Boosters a few weeks ago, Rosetta. Remember?

Rosetta: Guess it slipped my mind.

Zuzu: Let's see who triumphs here. A machine that operates on its own, or a machine operated by a human.

LN: Fine! FIRE!

[She fires a blast from the cannon attached to her left arm at Zuzu]

Zuzu: FIRE!

[She fires a blast from the bazooka at LN; both blasts collide]

Pamela: Time to boost her firepower. [inputs a code on her Kaleido Booster] 9-9-4! VR Power Transfer command, NOW!

[She transfers some of her energy to Zuzu, who transfers it to the Cosmo Bazooka, amplifying its firepower]

Zuzu: FULL POWER!!

[The blast from the bazooka pushes through the blast from LN's cannon and strikes her hard; LN hits the ground]

LN: [struggles to get back on her feet] I'm not finished with you yet. Giga Beam!

[A red beam hits her, making her grow]

Zuzu: This looks like a job for the KaleidoBorgs.

Layla, Sora, Mia, Anna, and Zuzu: KaleidoBorgs, deploy now!

[Their respective KaleidoBorgs fly into the scene; the Gladiators jump into the cockpits]

[Cut to the cockpit of KB9]

Zuzu: Hey, Sarah, you think the Kaleido Boosters might work well for our KaleidoBorgs?

Sarah: [through the intercom] I know they will. Just insert it into the control panel.

Zuzu: Got it! [inserts her Kaleido Booster into the controls and inputs a code] 8-1-9! Digimon attack: Static Force!

[Outside, her KaleidoBorg fires Silphymon's Static Force at LN, hitting her]

LN: How is it that a newbie masters all the ropes so quickly?!

Zuzu: Beginner's luck, I guess.

Layla: KaleidoBorgs, into position!

[KB1 and KB2 stand shoulder to shoulder; KB9 stands atop them; KB7 and KB8 crouch down in front of the other three and cross arms in a lock]

Zuzu: Lorikeet Launch!

[KB9 flips off KB1 and KB2's shoulders, lands on KB7 and KB8's arms, then springs into the air and turns into a shining lorikeet, which dive-bombs toward LN and strikes her, then reverts to normal as it lands on the ground; the five KaleidoBorgs then combine to form the Star Borg: Auxiliary Formation; the other five Gladiators fly into the cockpit]

[Cut to the cockpit]

Gladiators: Star Borg: Auxiliary Formation!

Zuzu: Time to send this bot back where she came from!

[Cut back outside]

LN: Don't make me laugh. You may pit a machine against me, but you're still no match for me!

Layla: Paralyzing Pound!

[The Star Borg's legs glow green (right) and platinum (left); the Star Borg leaps up, then pounds on the ground in front of LN, releasing shockwaves; the shockwaves hit LN]

LN: [strikes the Star Borg w/her sword] Futile!

Gladiators: Dual Knuckle Strike!

[The Star Borg's fists glow; with the cry of a lorikeet and the cry of a phoenix, it punches LN w/its fists, pushing her back]

LN: Didn't even tickle. [jumps up and kicks the Star Borg] Now for this!

[The Star Borg hits the ground]

LN: [laughs] You don't get it, do you, Gladiators? I'm more powerful than any of you. Delta and Epsilon-- They're far inferior to me. That's why they lost to you and the Spirit Soldiers so easily. But here's a little news flash: There are no Spirit Soldiers here to back you up now.

Zuzu: Shut up! We can take you, even without the Spirit Soldiers! Guys, we need the other machines!

Rosetta, Marion, and May: KaleidoBorgs!

Brittany: MechaDove!

Pamela: MechaEagle!

All five: Deploy now!

[KB3, KB4, KB5, the MechaDove, and the MechaEagle fly into the scene]

Layla: 7, 8, 9, disengage!

[KB7, KB8, and KB9 detach]

Brittany: Super Star Borg, begin transformation!

[KB1 and KB2 combine with KB3, KB4, KB5, and the MechaDove to form the Super Star Borg]

Pamela: Ivory Star Borg, begin transformation!

[The MechaEagle combines with the other three KaleidoBorgs to form the Ivory Star Borg; Pamela, Zuzu, Anna, and Mia fly into the cockpit]

Zuzu: Let's see if you've got enough juice to handle two Star Borgs!

LN: Jet propulsion!

[She jets toward the Star Borgs and strikes each of them w/her sword; she then takes to the sky; the Star Borgs nod at each other and fly after LN]

Zuzu: Sorry, LN, but you're not the only one who can take to the sky!

LN: [turns to face the Star Borgs] Just try me!

[She fires a blast from her cannon at the Star Borgs, creating an explosion; the Star Borgs suddenly burst through the explosion]

Pamela: Wing Cannons, fire!

[The Ivory Star Borg fires blasts from the cannons on its wings, hitting LN]

Brittany: Flying Screw Kick!

[The Super Star Borg does a screw spin and kicks LN repeatedly; LN falls to the ground]

LN: [gets back on her feet] How fortunate of you. But I'm still gonna destroy you all!

All 10 Gladiators: Flying Quadruple Knuckle Strike!

[The airborne Star Borgs' fists glow; they dive down toward LN and strike her hard w/their fists]

LN: [as her sword glows] Like I said...

[She swings her sword, firing a massive wave of demonic energy at the Star Borgs, hitting them both; they hit the ground and split back into their individual components]

LN: That last move I pulled off was the Goetic Wave, sending a wave of demonic energy from my sword towards my enemies. It's so powerful, a single hit can drain its targets' powers, or in this case, disengage combined machines. You might wanna quit right now. [snickers]

Alvin: Hang on, Gladiators! Ninja Formosa, mobilize!

[The Flash Formosa craws into the scene and converts to the Ninja Formosa; Alvin jumps into the cockpit]

Alvin: No one goes through the Gladiators without destroying their very creator first!

[The Ninja Formosa and LN fight w/their swords]

LN: You're a fool, Alvin. Except for my master, I'm the world's strongest Demonoid. You can't beat me.

Alvin: Brittany was able to beat you before. You won't do any better against me than you did against her.

LN: That'll be the day!

[The Ninja Formosa raises its twin katana]

Alvin: Twin Katana of Lightning!

[The Ninja Formosa takes to the sky]

Alvin: Air Strike!

[The Ninja Formosa dives down toward LN and prepares to strike; LN tries to intercept with her glowing sword]

LN: I... will... not... fail! [growls]

[She and the Ninja Formosa electrify, and a massive explosion is shown]

Gladiators: Alvin!

Everyone else on the ground: Alvin!

[After about 10 seconds, the Flash Formosa (back in Spider Mode) crawls out of the smoke]

[Cut to the cockpit; Alvin, back to civilian form (and Dagger safe in his manacle), is completely unharmed]

Alvin: She ought to have known never to mess with the Crimson Rider.

Dagger: Well said, Alvin. Well said.

[Split-screen to the other cockpits; the Gladiators cheer]

[Everyone jumps out of the cockpits and joins the rest of the gang; Simon, Theodore, and the Gladiators revert to normal; Flame and Brutus return to their respective Riders' manacles]

Yuya: Alvin, that move--

Alvin: I did what I had to do.

Zuzu: Well, thanks. You saved us all.

[Alvin smiles as the others look on at him with admiration]

[Suddenly, LN, back in normal size, emerges from the smoke]

Brittany: What?! She survived?!

LN: The war with the Demonoids is not over. I'll deal with you next time.

[She vanishes]

[132 Madison Street, 4:05pm]

[The gang is gathered to see Sarah off; Sarah has her belongings from her group's office in a box, and is carrying her duffel bag]

Layla: Sarah, I know we'll still see you at Kaleido Stage, but here at ACME Crime Net, we're all gonna miss you.

Sarah: The feeling's mutual, Layla.

Alvin: You'll come visit from time to time, right?

Sarah: Certainly. And you're welcome to come to my wedding in Cape Mery this fall.

Sora: You and Kalos deserve this. And we all wish you both years of love and happiness together.

Pamela: Everyone from Theatrical Camp says the same.

Sarah: [sighs] All I can say is these past five years working with ACME have been a blessing. And it's been an honor to meet the newbies. Zuzu, don't forget what I taught you. And wear that wristband with pride.

Zuzu: Thank you, Sarah.

[Sarah's iPhone chimes; she gets a notification from Uber]

Sarah: Oh. My Uber's outside. So long, everyone.

[She heads for the door]

Sarah: Oh. Kio and his group-- When next you see them, tell them I'll miss them a great deal. And wish them luck for me, too. After all, Kio's gonna be a father soon, isn't he?

Brittany: We'll remember that.

Sarah: [winks at everyone] Bye-bye, now. I'll call when I board and when I land.

[She salutes; the others salute back; Sarah heads out the door]

[The doors to the orbital elevator open; out come Eris' group (Eris, Aoi, and Manami are still pregnant)]

Eris: Hey, guys. Sorry the appointment ran longer than expected.

Kio: Not to mention, our training.

Antonia: What'd we miss?

Alvin: Sarah just left.

Manami: Aw, jeez.

Brittany: But she says she's gonna miss you, and she wishes you all luck.

Kio: Very much appreciated. But you know, she could've waited.

Layla: If only her flight back to Cape Mery hadn't been scheduled as early as 5:30.

Eris: Well, I hope she calls soon.

Alvin: She will, Eris. She will.

[Zuzu stares at her Kaleido Gladiator wristband]

[Clips of Sarah from the past five years are shown]

Zuzu: No matter how far apart we are, Sarah, our friendship will never break.

[FINAL NOTE:
Shane Strickland was held without bail for three months, and afterwards, brought to trial. He was convicted of two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor, attempted murder in the second degree, attempted murder in the first degree, and conspiracy in the second degree. He was sentenced to 25 years to life imprisonment in Greenhaven Correctional Facility.
Following the death of Roscoe Jones, his case was marked closed.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Kio: Well, this is totally unexpected. My wives are going into labor!

Antonia: What?! But they're not due yet!

Miss Itokazu: Let's try not to panic over this! I'm sure they'll be fine.

Ichika: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Pre-term.

Antonia: I'm coming to drop in on you!

Kio: We're not on our own show, Antonia. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Antonia: My bad.

Last edited by TVLubber (10/03/2021 7:34 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera