ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2018 5:25 pm  #1

Side-Fic 278: The Ninja Showdown Pt. 2: The Journey

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Lilith: Hello, everybody! I'm honored open today's show. Just remember to sit as far away from the monitor as you can, and watch in a brightly-lit room. Glad to be back!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[132 Madison Street, 5:02pm]

[The gang has Chinese food with Shirayuki]

Shirayuki: It's weird I'm dining with the actual Ninja Turtles.

Mikey: Who knew we were that famous all over the world?

Shirayuki: And the Power Rangers, too?

Brody: Wait, how'd you know about that?

Shirayuki: I saw your Ninja Power Star sticking out of your pocket.

[Brody notices his Red Ninja Power Star sticking out of his back pocket]

Brody: [cringes] Ooh. Awkward. Sorry.

Shirayuki: I swear, I won't tell anyone unimportant. Except maybe for my team. But I'll make sure they keep it a secret, too.

Preston: What team?

Shirayuki: Team Baskerville. See, I'm a Butei, or armed detective. I'm a member of my school's SSR: Supernatural Selective Research. And my team also consists of two Inquestas, Assault, and a Snipe.

Calvin: Yeah, I read about Tokyo Butei High School. Cool people.

Hunter: And definitely our kind.

Alvin: Hmm. But enough of that for now. Shirayuki, why are the Demonoids after you?

Shirayuki: Well, because I'm a shrine maiden.

Asuka: That's all?

Shirayuki: You see, they need this.

[She extracts a silver key]

Shirayuki: My mother gave me this key. It's the very same key that locked the shrine in which the evil ninja Akumaro was imprisoned during the Edo period.

Asuka: You don't mean that vile ninja who preyed on the innocence of women?

Leo: The guy who was knocked into a lava pit?

Shirayuki: Yes. On the lost island of Shihono in another dimension. The only way to get there is through Belial's Triangle. But it's very dangerous to go through from the outside without the right key. My key can do the trick, but that's all the more reason the Demonoids want me.

Brittany: We'll do what we can to protect you, Shirayuki.

Shirayuki: I appreciate your hospitality, Brittany. All of you.

Alvin: One thing, though. Does your boyfriend Kinji know you're here?

Shirayuki: Yeah, I told him before I left. But after I landed, when I called to let Kin know, he didn't answer. And neither did Aria.

[A beeping sound is heard]

Alvin: My iPad. [extracts his iPad] FaceTime notification? Who'd call me at a time like this?

[He opens FaceTime in his iPad; FaceTime opens a channel to Mechike on the Nickar]

Alvin: Mechike!

Mechike: I know you have Shirayuki Hotogi, Alvin.

Alvin: You sent the Ninja Nappers after her, didn't you?

Mechike: No. He did.

[He shifts the camera towards Dogen]

Asuka, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, Yagyu, and Hibari: Dogen!

Asuka: He's got wings now?!

Dogen: Long time, no see, Hanzos. Now, listen and listen well. I know you and your ACME friends have Himiko, the Hotogi shrine maiden, and you're gonna turn her over to us.

Simon: Who on Earth is Himiko?

Shirayuki: He was talking about me. Himiko is my birth name. As to why it was ever changed, that's a secret.

Ikaruga: Well, as to your demand, Dogen, forget it!

Dogen: The choice is hers, not yours.

Shirayuki: I won't give in just so you can destroy everything with a dangerous ninja!

Dogen: Oh, you'll beg to differ when I show you the brig.

[He takes the camera to the brig; he points the camera at the cell where the unconscious Kinji and Aria are held prisoner]

Shirayuki: [gasps in horror] Kin! Aria!

Alvin: What have you done to them, Dogen?!

Dogen: Don't worry. They're in good health, unless you continue to deny the shrine maiden to us.

[Shirayuki sits down in despair]

Dogen: Oh, and as a token of appreciation, I'll spare five of your old friends.

Alvin: Spare? Who did you kidnap?!

[The Nickar's camera switches to the bilge, where five people in scuba gear look around]

Mechike: They're certainly not much to look at, but my sensors say that they're graduate Exceeds from a place called-- What's that school's name again? Oh, yes. Kouryou Academy.

[One of the divers removes his mask, revealing himself to be Tor Kokonoe]

Alvin: Tor Kokonoe.

[The other four remove their masks, revealing themselves to be Julie Sigtuna,...]

[Lilith Bristol,...]

[Miyabi Hotaka,...]

[...and Tomoe Tachibana]

Mechike: Meet Fumabot at New York Harbor at 8:00pm and turn Hotogi over, or it's lights out for all of them.

Katsuragi: Damn! Check out the funbags on three of those chicks.

Asuka: [elbows Katsuragi] Not in front of the kids, Katsu.

Brittany: Not them, too.

[Alvin ends the call and closes the app in dismay]

Manami: They friends of yours?

Alvin: Pen pals. We last saw them in person during Thanksgiving weekend of 2015. Tor Kokonoe was practically a ladies' man at his school. Julie Sigtuna is his roommate and Duo partner. Miyabi Hotaka is shy, especially around men, but she never gives up on Tor. Tomoe Tachibana is Miyabi's partner. And Lilith Bristol is Tor's self-proclaimed future wife from England. But why would Dogen wanna kidnap them? He already has a big enough band of ninjas as it is. What would he want Exceeds for?

Shirayuki: Sacrifices. Once Akumaro feeds upon their purity, he'll awaken. I won't let that happen. I'm going to turn myself in.

May: We can't let you do that!

Levi: It's her teammates, May. Her boyfriend included. We'd do the same thing for each other if we were in her shoes.

Brody: Look, the other Rangers and I will take Shirayuki to the harbor and get the Exceeds.

Calvin: In the meantime, you guys think of a way for us to get to Shihono so we can go after Kinji and Aria, just in case.

Asuka: Right.

[New York Harbor, 7:59pm]

[The Ranger teens and Shirayuki arrive; they notice Shinobots and Fumabot on jetskis approaching with what appears to be fully-masked scuba divers]

Preston: Here they come.

Sarah: And they've got Tor and the others.

Hayley: I hope they're okay.

[Fumabot stops near the pier]

Fumabot: Right on time, Power Rangers. Bring Himiko over.

Brody: First, bring the captives closer.

Fumabot: I'm afraid you don't have a choice, Rangers. This is as close as you get. Now bring the shrine maiden over!

Levi: Huddle.

[The Ranger teens huddle up]

Sarah: Maybe we should find a way to stall 'em until we figure something out.

Brody: I think you're right.

[Hayley turns around and can't find Shirayuki]

Hayley: Guys, Shirayuki's gone!

[They notice Shirayuki approaching the end of the pier]

Sarah: Shirayuki, what are you doing?!

Preston: Come back!

Shirayuki: Sorry, Rangers, but I have to.

[She approaches Fumabot]

Fumabot: Good girl. Come to Fumabot.

Brody: Okay, Fumabot! We held our end of the bargain!

Levi: Now, give us what we came for!

Calvin: Let the Exceeds go!

Fumabot: Sure. Just hope you can swim! Dump 'em, boys!

[The Shinobots dump the bodies into the sea; the jet skis take off, taking Shirayuki with them]

Brody: Let's go!

[He and the other Ranger teens dive into the sea, swim towards the bodies, and grab all five of them; they drag them back up to the pier]

Brody: They're awfully light.

Preston: We should give them CPR.

[They set the bodies down on the ground; Brody pulls the scuba mask off of one, only to find the face is a dummy]

Brody: It's a dummy!

[The others remove the masks from the other bodies]

Sarah: They're all dummies!

Preston: They tricked us!

Calvin: Damn it!

Brody: [to his Ninjacom] Alvin, we've been had. Shirayuki gave herself up, and they gave us fakes.

Alvin: Hurry back to the warehouse, Brody. Our transportation is ready for plan B.

Brody: Roger that. C'mon, guys.

[The Ranger teens exit]

[Cut to the Nickar; outside Shirayuki's cell in the brig, Ayo raises Shirayuki's key]

Ayo: Open sesame!

[Nothing happens]

Ayo: Abracadabra!

[Still nothing]

Ayo: Long live Olmec!

[Still nothing]

Ayo: A la peanut butter sandwiches!

[Still nothing]

Shirayuki: It won't work unless it's in the hands of a shrine maiden.

Ayo: You will oversee our safe passage into Belial's Triangle, won't you? Until we get close enough, I'll take this. See ya.

[He exits the brig; Shirayuki turns to Kinji and Aria's cell]

Kinji: Shirayuki, why did you do it?

Shirayuki: I couldn't bear to see my sweet Kin-Kin like this. Plus, there were five other captives they were willing to spare.

Aria: Are you off your nut?! They used dummies! They weren't really gonna let 'em go!

Shirayuki: Then... the Power Rangers were tricked?!

Kinji: Wait, you met the Power Rangers?

Shirayuki: Ninja Steel, to be exact.

Kinji: I've been wanting to meet those guys. Plus, can you believe the Gold Ranger's helmet?

Aria: Almost like a cowboy.

Shirayuki: Well, I didn't see them morph, but they told me everything. But they told me to tell you-- Don't tell anyone about the Rangers' true identities.

Kinji: I give my word.

Aria: Me, too.

[Cut to the sub's bridge with Mechike, Dogen, Fumabot, and the Ninja Nappers]

Mechike: Well done, Fumabot. Now we have Himiko and the sacrifices..

Dogen: Those five Exceeds will be the perfect homecoming meal for Akumaro. Once he sees them for the offering, his appetite will ignite.

Mechike: LN, plot our course for Belial's Triangle. Full speed ahead!

LN: Yes, sir. Delta, Mu, full power to the engines!

[Cut to the engine room; Delta and Mu power up the engines to the max]

[Outside, the sub takes off at maximum speed]

[Meanwhile, in the bilge, the five Exceeds (now in t-shirts and surf shorts) look around]

Tor: Girls, I think we're in serious trouble here.

Julie: It's too bad, Tor. We can't use our Blaze weapons here.

Lilith: They rigged this bilge to disable our Lukifers while we're inside. There's just no way out.

Tomoe: This is bull. We come back to New York for a post-graduation vacay and surprise Alvin and the others, and the next thing you know, we're lunch to a perverted dog of an imprisoned ninja.

Miyabi: This is all my fault. If I hadn't had that stupid idea of scuba diving, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Tor: Don't blame yourself, Miyabi.

Lilith: You had no way of knowing this would happen.

Julie: Nej. Only the bad guys up there are to blame.

Tor: And did you overhear Dogen's message to Alvin? Now ACME Crime Net knows we're in trouble, so they'll come for us.

Miyabi: Oh, Tor...

[She starts crying on Tor's shoulder; Tomoe pats her on the back while Tor puts his arms around Miyabi]

Lilith: Even if we do find a way out, it's going to have to wait until we reach Shihono. It's a long way there, and to get there, this sub is going to have to go through a deadly zone: Belial's Triangle.

Julie: But they have a shrine maiden who can guide the sub through the gateway, so we're as good as safe.

Tomoe: In the meantime, we'll have to break our way out of here manually.

Lilith: I say we find some junk about here and try to make weapons.

Tor: I'll check.

[He looks around for old trinkets]

[132 Madison Street, 8:35pm]

[Eris leads the Ranger teens (who have different clothing on) into the orbital elevator; the elevator doors close, and the elevator goes up]

Brody: So, Eris, what's the deal with an elevator in a warehouse?

Eris: This is an orbital elevator, Brody. It can take us to the Catian mothership up in space or the Cosmo MagnaShip just above the warehouse. Tonight, we're taking the latter to Shihono.

Hayley: This elevator's pretty fast, though.

Eris: The sooner we board the ship, the better.

Preston: Eris, who's gonna look after your baby?

Eris: Don't worry, Preston. Miss Itokazu and Captain Qoone promised to look after her, along with the other babies. Now that I'm back on duty, I need all the help I can get.

[The elevator stops; the doors open]

Eris: [leads the Rangers out] Here we are.

[The Rangers follow her to the ship's bridge, where the rest of the gang awaits (now joined by Mia, Anna, Zuzu, and Pamela)]

Levi: Holy cow! I never knew the bridge would be this big!

Asuka: It's got a lot of cool high-tech features.

Donnie: And it also doubles as a regular aircraft.

Eris: However, there are a few restrictions while it's in regular aircraft mode. It's maximum speed is limited to that of an average airplane.

Kio: But don't worry. We'll get to Shihono in no time, anyway.

Hunter: All right, everyone. Our mission: Pass through Belial's Triangle, arrive at the island of Shihono, put a stop to the ritual, rescue our friends, and terminate Dogen's ninja crew. It's gonna take all our combined efforts to defeat them. Spider Riders, Kaleido Gladiators, Cosmo Cats, Ninja Turtles, Shinobi, Power Rangers, are you with me?!

Everyone else: YEAH!!

Hunter: Then let's go.

Eris: Luros, set a course for Belial's Triangle, full speed ahead.

Luros: Roger that, Miss Eris! Engaging camouflage mode!

[Outside, the ship goes into active camouflage mode (in short, invisible), detaches from the elevator, and takes off]

Sarah: Camouflage mode? What for?

Kio: That way, Mechike can never track it down. While we're on board, he'll never stop us.

Manami: He'll know we're coming after them, but he won't be able to launch an attack on us.

Leo: Just one question, guys. How are we gonna get through the triangle if Shirayuki has the only key?

Hunter: That's where the Cosmo Cats come in, Leo.

Eris: Our Cosmo Pendants do more than help us transform into the Cosmo Cats. They can also unlock gateways to different dimensions. But it takes all five of them to unlock.

Layla: We should be near the triangle by morning, but right now, everyone to the resting quarters on deck 2. It's pretty late.

Luros: Don't worry, everyone. I'll guide the ship safely towards the triangle, and I'll sound the alarm once we're close.

[The gang nods, then exits the bridge]

[Cut back to the Nickar; Mechike looks through the periscope]

Mechike: No ACME in sight. I knew they'd get it through their heads never to mess with the Demonoids. Up periscope.

[The periscope goes up; the alarm blares]

Mechike: What's going on? There a breakout?

LN: No, sir. All prisoners are secure. But our sensors detect 38 beings in the sky, yet no vessel! Whatever they're flying in is completely undetectable!

[Dogen enters]

Dogen: No doubt it's ACME Crime Net and their ninja friends. But no matter. Once we revive Akumaro, they'll be at his mercy.

LN: But what if the Spirit Soldiers get in our way again?

Dogen: Whoever they are, they're no match for the deadliest ninja known to man.

Mechike: But just to be sure we succeed, we should all be prepared for battle. Let's get to work.

[Back on board the ship, in the lab, Brody shows Alvin, Leo, and Asuka his Power Star]

Brody: Our Power Stars were forged by the Ninja Nexus Prism. 10 years ago, it fell out of the sky and landed in our backyard. My father, Dane Romero, a ninja master, removed its metallic crust known as Ninja Steel, and inside, he found the Ninja Nexus Star. Dad was able to pull it out of the solid prism. All the while, I was training outside, when the evil Galvanax came and held me hostage. Dad sent my brother Aiden, who you know as Levi, to take the Ninja Steel and find a place to hide it, while he himself came outside to save me.

Asuka: Galvanax? You mean the ex-champion of Galaxy Warriors?

Leo: That freak show of a game show?

Brody: Yep. When Dad came to my rescue, Galvanax summoned his minions Madame Odius and Ripcon to battle him for the Ninja Nexus Star. Using it, Dad became the Red Ranger. Unfortunately, while he was distracted, Ripcon grabbed me. When Dad ran after me, Galvanax took advantage and blasted the star out of his hands, but then, just as he was about to harness its powers, Dad sliced it into the six Power Stars: Red, blue, yellow, white, pink, and gold. But in doing so, he vanished, and the Ninja Nexus Prism appeared. I tried to reach for them, but Galvanax took it away and kept me prisoner on the Warrior Dome for 10 years.

Alvin: You were a slave?! That Galvanax!

Brody: I know. He was a beast. Anyway, after 10 years, I managed to make my escape with two of my fellow slaves and the prism. I arrived in Summer Cove, where I met Preston, Sarah, Hayley, and Calvin. We pulled our stars from the prism and became the Power Rangers Ninja Steel. The prism suddenly appeared to Aiden, the one you know as Levi, who pulled the Gold Power Star and became the Gold Ranger, but just afterwards, Madame Odius kidnapped him and transferred his memories to a robot. But after he escaped, Odius tried to use that robot to steal our stars. But Levi destroyed him and got his memories back. Sometime afterwards, Galvanax stole everyone's Power Stars, except mine, and kidnapped the other Rangers. I decided that the only way to save them was to do what my dad did to the Prism Star: Split my star. In doing so, the prism captured me and Mick and transformed the pieces of my star into three Red Ninja Power Stars. Mick and I came out of the prism, both as Red Rangers. Then my dad came out as a Red Ranger himself. Turns out, the blast from when he split the Ninja Nexus Star hurt him badly. But the prism captured his soul and healed and protected him until that day.

Asuka: All that took 10 years for him, while it only took you less than a minute?

Brody: Times have changed. The prism became more powerful over the years. Back to the story. Galvanax melted the other stars he stole and drank it, then gigantified and tried to destroy us, until Madame Odius used a giant magnet to suck out the Ninja Steel he drank. Then a giant asteroid containing Ninja Steel struck the Warrior Dome and sent it hurling into space. With the help of the prism, all eight of us Rangers destroyed Galvanax at his moment of weakness. But the final blow damaged the prism, and our Power Stars turned to dust.

Asuka: But you still have yours.

Brody: It was reforged after Odius revived the prism to try and make her own. All our Power Stars were. They were forged in Ninja Super Steel.

[He shows the gang his many different Power Stars]

Leo: I take it these stars power up your weapons and Zords?

Brody: Sure do. [holds up his Zord Star] This one summons the Robo Red Zord. When all five Zords combine, they form the Ninja Steel Megazord. [holds up the Mega Morph Cycle Star] This one summons my Mega Morph Cycle. [holds up an Element Star] The Element Stars launch Ninjutsu attacks with our Ninja Star Blades based on the element we choose:...

Asuka: Fire, water, forest, metal, and earth. Your fights are all over the news, Brody. Plus, they're based on the five fundamental elements. My team learned that at back at Hanzo Academy. 'Course I learned it from my grandfather. When it comes to mastering shinobi techniques, it's important to know about these elements.

Brody: Very good, Asuka. Your gramps really taught you well. [sighs] Dad could learn a lot from the legendary shinobi. Y'know that? Now, another important lesson we Rangers learned is the value teamwork, as any superhero team must learn, and what all six of us teams must use against Dogen. [holds up the Ninja Fusion Star] That's why we Rangers have the Ninja Fusion Star. It not only combines the power of our blades, but it can also combine the Ninja Steel Megazord with Levi's Bull Rider Megazord to form the Ninja Fusion Zord. [holds up the Lion Fire Armor Star] This star came to us from the princess of the Lion Galaxy, Mick's old home. It's called the Lion Fire Star, and allows one Ranger to power up to Lion Fire Mode. [holds up two more stars] And that special mode is useful to power the Lion Fire Zord and allow it to take the form of a Megazord. And finally, the Ninja Ultra Star--

Leo: Which brings all of your Megazords together to form the Ninja Ultrazord.

Brody: Exactly.

Leo: Hey, Asuka, Brody said your grandfather is a legendary shinobi, right?

Asuka: Yeah.

Leo: Splinter told me all about that guy. Cool guy, even though he's a little pervy.

Asuka: I know what you mean, Leo. Every time he drops by the academy, I keep telling Grandpa not to perv out over my friends. I'm glad Splinter's nothing like that. By the way, Leo, my friends and I have always wondered how you and the other three turned from ordinary turtles to ninjas in the first place.

Leo: Well, it started back in the sewers long ago, when my brothers and I were exposed to Mutagen. Anyone who came into contact with it took on the form of whatever animal they'd most recently been in contact with. My brothers and I, who had been with Hamato Yoshi most recently, became humanlike. But Yoshi was also exposed, and having been with the rats, he mutated into a rat.

Asuka: You mean Splinter has been Yoshi the whole time?

Leo: Uh-huh. We gave him that nickname, because he excels in breaking wooden boards. In turn, Splinter named us after his favorite artists of the Renaissance.

Brody: Well, obviously, you're named after Leonardo da Vinci, The Last Supper and the Mona Lisa, and Michelangelo was named after Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.

Asuka: The artist who made the Statue of David and painted the Sistine Chapel.

Leo: Yep.

Asuka: Donnie was named after Donatello, who sculpted the statue of St. John the Baptist, and Raph-- Raphael, The School of Athens.

Alvin: Wow. How did you know all that?

Asuka: Hey, I read a little, during my spare time with Ikaruga. Just because we're ninjas doesn't mean we can't take the time to live a normal life.

Alvin: Say, what say we do a little sparring before we hit the sack?

Brody: I don't see why not.

Alvin: I'll show you guys to the holodeck.

[Later, on the holodeck, Alvin, Brody, Asuka, and Leo observe the holodeck; Alvin shuts the doors]

Alvin: Simulation: Summer Cove.

[The holodeck takes the form of a simulation of Summer Cove]

Brody: What better place to help you guys hone your skills than a simulation of my home? Good idea, Alvin.

Alvin: Dagger?

[Dagger comes out of his manacle]

Alvin: Brody, Asuka, this is Dagger, my Battle Spider. Dagger, meet Brody and Asuka. You already know Leonardo.

Dagger: Pleasure to make your acquaintance, new friends.

Brody: Cool.

Leo: Okay. Let's get started. You guys go ahead and transform.

Alvin: Got it. Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Asuka: Shinobi transformation!

[She magically changes into her shinobi uniform]

Brody: [as his Battle Morpher appears] Power Star! [locks in his Power Star] Lock in! [spins his star] Ninja Spin!

[He morphs into the Red Ranger]

Alvin: I'll spar with Leo. Brody, you're with Asuka.

Brody: Roger that. Let's go!

[He and Asuka spar w/their swords; Alvin and Leo do the same, all over the course of the next two minutes]

Asuka: Not half bad, Brody. But watch this. [whips out a scroll] Secret Ninja Art! [makes a series of hand signs] Double Sword Slice!

[She sheaths her twin swords, then leans forward, and in a single stroke, jets toward Brody from a large rock that forms behind her; she uses the momentum to move at hyper speed, uncrossing her swords and striking Brody, who tries to defend himself with his blade]

Asuka: Pretty cool, huh?

Brody: Jeez. Dad never taught me that stuff.

Asuka: Aw, you gotta give it a try someday.

Brody: Yeah, maybe.

Asuka: What's wrong? Feeling a little jealous?

Brody: Nah. You just surprised me. That's all.

[Alvin and Leo continue fighting with their swords; Alvin swings his blade, but Leo blocks with his katana]

Alvin: You know, in all those fights I've seen you in, you and Raph hardly ever fight with your weapons.

Leo: A lot of people say that, but technically, they're wrong. Watch this!

[He digs through the ground with his katana, tossing big pieces of stone at Alvin]

Alvin: Blade of Lightning!

[His blade fires lightning bolts at the stone pieces, crumbling them to dust]

Alvin: Not quite what I meant, Leo, but still pretty cool.

Katsuragi: [through loudspeaker] Attention in the holodeck! This is the police! We've got the area surrounded! Everyone inside come out with your hands up!

Asuka: Damn it, Katsu! End simulation!

[The simulation ends; Alvin, Asuka, and Brody revert to normal]

Computer: Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated. Simulation terminated.

[Asuka opens the doors, revealing Ikaruga and Katsuragi; Katsuragi laughs]

Katsuragi: You should've seen yourselves!

Ikaruga: Thanks, Katsuragi. I'll take it from here.

Asuka: What's the big deal? We were just sparring.

Ikaruga: Asuka, it's past lights out. You should be in bed.

Asuka: But...

Ikaruga: I know. You wanna make sure you're in better shape for when we get to Shihono. I respect that. But you shouldn't be doing it this late. Even ninjas need their sleep.

[Asuka sighs and frowns]

Asuka: Sorry.

Ikaruga: Hey, I don't blame you. We'll pick it up first thing. Just not while the ship goes through Belial's Triangle.

Katsuragi: So, how did the training go?

Brody: Long story short, Katsuragi, your junior surprised me.

Alvin: And Leo proved to me that his team's weapons are always useful, even if they don't use them directly.

Katsuragi: [grins] See, Ikaruga? I keep telling you.

Ikaruga: All right, you guys. Let's save all this for tomorrow and get some sleep.

[They all exit; Alvin shuts the doors to the holodeck on his way out]

[Cut back to the bilge with the Exceeds; while Julie, Lilith, and Miyabi are asleep, Tor tries to build weapons out of old pieces as Tomoe looks at the panel]

Tomoe: That's it. Tor, I've got a better idea. We don't need to make weapons to get out.

[The other girls wake up and approach Tor and Tomoe]

Tor: What do you mean?

Tomoe: The best mode of escape is to get this panel off.

Tor: Wait, wouldn't that mean this bilge would fill up with water?

Tomoe: Yep. [looks at the depth on her waterproof wristwatch] At this point, we're at 360 feet below the water's surface. But the sub's gonna start climbing the closer we get to the island. As soon as we're within 100 feet, we pry this thing off the wall, and boom!

Tor: And swim all the way to the surface in a single breath?

Tomoe: We don't have much of a choice. Stand back, guys.

[She grabs a pipe and pries one bolt off the panel; as she continues prying the bolts, water starts leaking from behind the panel]

Julie: Hold it steady, you two.

Miyabi: It's gonna be a wet one.

Lilith: We're in for a long bath when this is over.

[Outside, the sub is approaching a dangerous zone where lightning is flashing]

[Cut back to the bridge]

Mechike: At long last, Belial's Triangle is near! Commence ascent! Avoid all reefs!

LN: Yes, sir!

[Outside, the sub begins its ascent; back in the bilge, more water starts to burst through from behind the panel, causing some bolts to fly off; Tor and the girls hold it steady]

Tor: Hold on to it tightly, girls! The bilge is gonna start filling up!

Lilith: We'll have to wait until we pass through the triangle!

Miyabi: We'd better pass through fast!

[Back up in the sky at sunrise, the Cosmo MagnaShip is approaching Belial's Triangle; inside, the alarm blares]

Luros: Attention! Cosmo Cats, to the bridge immediately!

[Eris' group comes out of their room and approaches the bridge; the monitor shows that they're nearing the triangle]

Kio: There it is, girls. Belial's Triangle.

Antonia: Gee. Luros sure knows where to steer this ship.

Manami: Right into the very heart of it.

[Bolts of lightning flash]

Eris: Brace yourselves!

[She steers the ship away from the lightning bolts while the other four hold on for dear life]

[Cut back to the brig of the Nickar; the Ninja Nappers approach Shirayuki's cell]

Gai: It's time, Himiko. Ayo, the key.

[Ayo hands him Shirayuki's key; Gai holds it out to Shirayuki]

Gai: Open the gateway.

[Shirayuki slaps the key to the floor]

Gai: You little bitch! Ayo, open the other cell!

[Ayo opens Kinji and Aria's cell]

Ayo: Don't you two move!

Aria: If you hadn't taken our guns, I'd pump you full of holes right now!

Kinji: Don't force Shirayuki into this!

Gai: You might be willing to give your life, but how much do you love your man? Hmm? Shuu, Tsukiyo, you know what to do!

Shuu and Tsukiyo: Right!

[They hold their katana against Kinji and Aria's necks]

Ayo: Do as we say, or we'll slit their throats!

Shirayuki: [in her mind] Kin-Kin! Aria! [starts tearing up; aloud] Okay! I'll do it! Just don't hurt my friends!

Gai: That's better. Let 'em go.

[Shuu and Tsukiyo release Kinji and Aria and lock them back in their cell]

Gai: [opens Shirayuki's cell and hands her her key] Now, open the gateway!

[He and the other Ninja Nappers lead her to the bridge of the sub]

Dogen: All right, shrine maiden. You know your job.

Shirayuki: [in her mind] I know I'm gonna regret this, but I won't lose my Kin to these monsters. Besides, ACME Crime Net knows where we're going, so there's still hope.

[She raises her key over her head]

Shirayuki: [aloud] Gateway to Shihono at dawn's early light,
thy seal I unlock with all my might!

[Her key glows brightly]

[Outside, the undersea gateway opens wide enough for the sub to pass through slowly; after it's clear, the gate closes]

[Cut back to the flooding bilge (only halfway) with Tor and the girls]

Tomoe: We need something to pry this thing off the wall with!

Miyabi: Tor, get the pipe!

Tor: On it!

[He swims down, grabs the pipe, then swims back up to the panel and wedges the pipe behind it]

Tor: Here we go!

[He struggles to pry the panel off with the pipe]

Julie: Anytime, Tor!

Tor: I'm trying! [grunts]

Lilith: Try harder! The water's getting too high!

[The girls grab onto the panel and try helping Tor pry it off the wall]

[Outside, the sub starts tilting slowly; inside the general's quarters, the "tilt" signal flashes]

Mu: This doesn't look good.

Epsilon: [under her breath] We're sinking! Sinking! Okay, Epsilon. No time to panic. Keep your cool. [pauses] WE'RE SINKING!!

Delta: To the bridge!

[They rush to the bridge]

Delta: Master Mechike, the sub's tilting!

Mechike: I'm aware of that. Track down the source immediately!

All three generals: Yes, sir!

[They get started]

[Cut back to the MagnaShip's bridge; Eris continues steering the ship away from the lightning as it nears the triangle]

Eris: We're less than 2,000 feet away from the gateway! Everyone grab your pendants!

[She and the others grab their pendants]

Eris: Luros, maintain the controls!

Luros: Okey-dokey, Miss Eris!

Eris: Let's bring the pendants together, guys!

[Just as they are about to, the ship tilts a bit, causing Antonia to drop her pendant, which slips beneath the control panel]

Antonia: My pendant! I dropped it!

[She dashes toward the control panel, slides her arm beneath it, and struggles to grab her pendant]

Antonia: [grunts] I can't reach it!

Aoi: Hurry, Antonia!

Antonia: Come on! Just a little more!

[She finally reaches her pendant and grabs it, then pulls it out from under the control panel]

Antonia: Yes! I got it!

[She joins the others]

Antonia: Let's do it, guys!

[They bring their pendants together; the gems on them glow; the gems emit a wave of bright energy, causing the gateway to open; the ship passes through safely]

Luros: Well done, Cosmo Cats! We've made our way through Belial's Triangle! ETA to Shihono: 90 minutes.

[Eris' group sighs with relief]

Manami: Come on, you guys. I'm starving.

Aoi: Yeah, me, too. Let's go.

[They all exit the bridge]

[Back in the Nickar's bilge, which is about 95% filled with water, the Exceeds slowly and carefully pry the panel off the wall, then swim to the top of the bilge and gasp for air]

Tor: Okay, girls. That's one problem solved.

Miyabi: Tomoe, how close is the sub to the surface?

Tomoe: [looks at her watch] 90 feet. We should be able to get to shore in one breath.

Julie: But all this water is causing the sub to tilt.

Lilith: That's why we have to make our way to the surface now.

Tor: Remember to exhale slowly when you're close to the surface. Okay, girls?

All four girls: Okay.

[All five inhale deeply and swim down to the hole; Lilith swims through first, then Julie, then Tomoe; Miyabi almost swims through, until the tail of her shirt gets caught on one of the bolts; Tor struggles for a moment, then unties the shirt; Miyabi follows the other three girls as they swim through the hole, out of the sub, and to the water's surface]

[Cut to the bridge; LN inspects damage reports on her tablet]

LN: What?! It's coming from the bilge! Delta, activate the emergency hatch!

Delta: Yes, milady!

[She pushes a button; back in the bilge, Tor is about to go through the hole when the emergency hatch seals it and blocks his path; Tor swims back to the top of the bilge and gasps for air]

Tor: Damn it, Demonoids! [growls] I hope the girls made it out okay.

[Cut back to the bridge]

LN: Purge the bilge!

Epsilon: On it! [pushes the purge button] Just hope the drain isn't clogged.

[Back in the bilge, all the water drains out; Tor coughs and gets back on his feet]

Tor: Well, at least I've got some more breathing room.

[LN opens the trap door to the bilge; Dogen looks down]

Dogen: Hmph. The women escaped. I suppose Akumaro will have to settle for just one.

LN: Shinobots, grab this prisoner and shackle him!

[Back on the MagnaShip, in the shinobi's quarters on deck 2, Katsuragi looks out the window and finds an island straight ahead]

Katsuragi: Damn! Land ahoy!

[Asuka walks up to her]

Asuka: What's up, Katsu?

Katsuragi: Check it!

[Asuka looks out the window]

Asuka: No way! We're almost there!

[Katsuragi whistles loudly]

Katsuragi: Land ahoy! Island off the port bow!

Asuka: Shiver me timbers! Thar she blows! [giggles] I always wanted to say that.

[Katsuragi grins; the rest of their group approaches and looks out the window]

Ikaruga: There it is, guys. The lost island of Shihono.

Yagyu: Mm-hmm. Looks pretty lost to me.

Ikaruga: Shirayuki told us that Akumaro's lava pit is located inside the shrine.

Hibari: That's gotta be where Dogen's army is going.

Asuka: Then that's where we're going, too. We gotta tell the others. To the bridge!

[They all head for the bridge, where Eris' group awaits; the monitor shows they're getting close to the island]

Asuka: Oh. I see you guys already have it covered. So, Eris, how much longer?

Eris: We'll begin our descent in 15 minutes, Asuka. Luros, notify the rest of the gang.

Luros: Roger that, Miss Eris! Attention on board the ship! Within 15 minutes, we will make our descent into the island of Shihono.

[Loud cheering is heard]

Katsuragi: Hmm. Must've had a rough night.

Asuka: Okay, guys. Let's go over our strategy.

[Each team discusses their strategy and trains rigorously]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Sarah: Who knew Alvin's pen pals were Exceeds of Kouryou Academy?

Katsuragi: I'd sure love to get a glimpse of Miyabi's melons.

Hayley: Jeez, Katsuragi. You're such a perv.

Asuka: It doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Mikey: Like, next time on ACME Crime Net: The Ninja Showdown: Part 3: The Battle Begins.

Layla: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Ikaruga: Come and get it like your life depends on it!

Aria: Watch it, or I'll pump you full of holes!

Layla: Aria, what did we tell you?

Last edited by TVLubber (10/27/2023 5:08 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera