ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2016 8:06 am  #1

Side-Fic 235: Diaboromon Lives Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Tai: Hey, everyone. The show is about to begin. Remember to turn the lights on in your room, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[In a large domed base above the Hudson River outside of New York City, Prescott Vorstein (played by James Woods) and an army of criminals and demonic monsters gather for a meeting]

Henchmen: Hail Prescott! Hail Prescott! Hail Prescott!

Prescott: SHUT UP!!

[All is silent]

Prescott: Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, I've gathered you all for a reason. ACME Crime Net has killed my family. My aunt Claudia, my grandmother Muriel, my sister Anya, my brother Karl, and even worse, my uncle Klaus, the man who made me the man I am today. After my parents died, he and Aunt Claudia took me and my siblings in and became like my family, but ever since their first encounter with the Chipmunks, the Vorstein Clan has been on the decline, and with yours truly as the only family member left alive, I will have my revenge! And with your help, ACME will be history! Are you with me?!

[His henchmen cheer in approval]

Prescott: Wonderful! Now, some of you are wondering why I'm not dead. Well, the truth of the matter is, the one that was executed was my twin brother, Percival.

[He has a flashback of four years ago when he was in a federal lockup; his twin brother Percival (also played by James Woods) approaches; the flashback goes as Prescott says...]

Prescott: It was the day after Uncle Klaus was killed by the Feds. Percival came up to my cell, very angry with me. So I opened up my cell, and we broke into a fight. In the scuffle, some of our clothes flew off, as well as my uniform. By the time the guards came, I'd already put on Percival's clothes, and I'd already put my prison uniform on him. I gave 'em the impression we were each other, and I got out, leaving my sapless brother inside before the final verdict in my case was read. I had already requested no appeals before the verdict, so there was no way Percival could escape the needle.

[Back to the present]

Prescott: I had made plans to return to New York City and finish the job, but Seymour Wellsworth got in the way. And just after his execution, Alto Rizzoli showed up and tried to avenge his murderous wife. But a few months before he was captured, I started to grow impatient, so I took Uncle Klaus' last helicopter and flew back to the Big Apple, and just after the new year began, one of my subordinates shot Alto while he was awaiting his sentence. Now that Alto's gone, it's my turn. And during my years of waiting, I've assembled some of the country's toughest criminals. I present to you my top generals: My right-hand man Owen Mathers.

[Owen Mathers (played by Charles Shaughnessy) bows]

Prescott: Corinne Robertson, staff genius and strategist.

[Corinne Robertson (played by Sarah Bisman Storm) bows]

Prescott: Ira Gelman, my top mechanic.

[Ira Gelman (played by Eugene Levy) bows]

Prescott: Brian Rawlings, my demon designer.

[Brian Rawlings (played by Jeff Fischer) bows]

Prescott: And my master demon: I give you Savage!

[Savage, a demon-esque creature with red eyes, horns, and claws, and carrying a sword on his back, bows]

Prescott: In addition to my henchmen, I'll have new Demon Riders at my disposal-- Riders who will put Wellsworth's Dark Riders and Alto's Mutant Riders to shame. Plus, some giant robots partly-made from old parts of destroyed machines Savage acquired from the Inner World. Yes, two of them were a failure, but the problem was that I bought cheap parts from the black market. But thanks to the money I made from selling them, Gelman and I were able to purchase the more expensive and higher-quality parts. However, to those of you who wish to use these mechanical behemoths, it's gonna run you no less than $25,000. And I won't accept cards. Cash and checks only. But even if you can afford it, my robots are still getting tuned up for the next battle, but in the meantime, I'd like to introduce to you our very first Demon Rider.

[A man (played by Masi Oka) enters, wearing a crimson red demonic manacle]

Prescott: Behold, Kyoji Yoshida.

Yoshida: I served 6 years in Greenhaven for using my computers to hack into a bank database. In 2006, I transferred $1,800,000 from 18 accounts that I later closed. I was on my way to the bank to withdraw that money, when the cops caught me. I was then convicted and forced to pay everyone back and serve my time in jail. But just 6 months ago, I conducted a plan to give ACME a virus. [extracts an external hard drive] It's all in here. This computer virus will surely bring down ACME's files and data.

Prescott: Ah, destroy their databases, eh? Gonna erase your record.

Yoshida: And much more. You see, years ago, this virus spread across the whole world. It almost destroyed Japan. Twice! But both attempts failed.

Prescott: But they say the third time's the charm, right?

Yoshida: Yes. Plus, I enhanced this virus with technology from previous battles with Digimon over the past 5 years. It shall have the same power as the evil Digimon that were destroyed during that timeline.

Prescott: Wonderful! Now, here's what you need to do.

[ACME Crime Net HQ, Wednesday, May 18th, 8:45am]

[In the 'Munk Office, Brittany is on the phone]

Brittany: Look, Mana, there's gonna come a time when you have to tell your brother the truth. And don't worry. You've got him and 8 spirits helping you out against DEM. Do whatever it takes to put its CEO out of our misery. That psycho's done this world enough damage already.

[Greg enters with Tai and Kari]

Greg: Morning, Brittany.

Brittany: Oh, good morning, Greg. [to the phone] Sorry, Mana. I have work to do, but I'll call you back when I get another chance. Say hi to Shido for me, okay? Thanks. Bye-bye. [hangs up] Okay, Greg. What's the latest?

Greg: [hands Brittany Yoshida's profile] Have you heard about this guy?

Brittany: Kyoji Yoshida? You mean that computer criminal who stole money from a bank?

Tai: That same guy. We fear he may have been hired by Soprano after he was released.

Kari: [hands Brittany a note] He sent us this note.

Brittany: [reads the note] ACME Crime Net, now that I've been set free, I've got a gift for you. Look up your e-mails. Mr. Yoshida. [puts down the note; walks up to the office iMac computer] Greg, do you know the password to your main e-mail address?

Greg: Let me.

[He logs on to the main ACME Crime Net e-mail account and sees a new e-mail message]

Greg: A new message? "From a Digimon"? Does he have some kind of a death wish?

[He opens the e-mail and reveals a link: "Click here to claim your Digi-Egg"]

Greg: "Click here to claim your Digi-Egg"?

Brittany: Hmm... Seeing as the note's from a convict, I wouldn't click if I were you.

Kari: Well, Greg, even though you're the captain, you could use a partner Digimon of your own.

Greg: Not necessarily. But whatever it is, it could give you some backup against Soprano. [clicks] We need all the help we can get.

[A window opens, revealing a Digi-Egg]

Greg: Well, no issue here.

[The egg hatches into a familiar-looking Digimon]

Brittany: Wow! It hatched! How adorable!

Tai: No way! Kuramon!

Brittany: You've met a Digimon like this before, Tai?

Tai: Every DigiDestined has, Brittany. Kuramon wreaked havoc on the Internet and in our world, twice!

[He has flashbacks of the DigiDestined's encounters with Diaboromon]

Tai: Years ago, Izzy discovered a Digi-Egg on the Internet. It soon hatched into Kuramon, then he Digivolved into Tsumemon and started eating computer data. That enabled him to Digivolve into Keramon. Gennai sent Agumon and Tentomon to take him on, but Keramon soon Digivolved into Infermon, his Ultimate stage. Gabumon joined in, but despite him and Agumon Digivolving to Mega, Infermon soon Digivolved into Diaboromon and proved too powerful. He then launched a missile toward my neighborhood that would impact in 10 minutes. All the while, he multiplied every second. The only way we'd beat the whole squad of Diaboromon would be to destroy the original, but there was no way of finding him. Suddenly, tons of e-mails from witnesses gave WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon the ability to DNA-Digivolve into Omnimon. He wiped out every Diaboromon in his path, leaving only the real one. Plus, the more e-mails that came in, the slower he became. Omnimon finally destroyed him, with only a second to spare, rendering the missiles he launched useless. But about three years later, he was somehow revived and wreaked havoc on the Internet again. Although he appeared to be destroyed, millions of Kuramon were spread worldwide, then they all merged together to form Armageddemon, who proved too powerful even for Omnimon. But he soon lent his power to Imperialdramon, which allowed him to destroy Armageddemon, splitting him back into the Kuramon. To destroy them, we all used our Digivices, while the civilians used their cell phones. Once every Kuramon was destroyed, the deadly virus was no more.

[Back to the present]

Tai: But I have a funny feeling Kyoji Yoshida might be behind his revival today.

Brittany: Then we'd better act fast and get rid of Kuramon before he Digivolves again. [pushes a button on her intercom] Lunamon, report to my office immediately! This is an Internet emergency!

[Lunamon enters with Alvin and Coronamon]

Lunamon: I'm here, Brittany! And I brought Coronamon with me.

Alvin: Brittany, sorry I'm late. The line at McDonald's was long. My brothers and I waited for about 45 minutes.

Brittany: Never mind that, Alvin. There's a problem on the Internet.

Alvin: Your computer caught a virus?

Tai: Most viruses don't usually affect Macs, but this is no ordinary virus, Alvin.

Kari: It's a virus in the form of a vengeful Digimon.

Alvin: [looks at Kuramon on the computer] That thing? He sure doesn't look vengeful.

Coronamon: Don't be fooled by his appearance. That's just his baby stage. Think of how deadly he'll be when he reaches his Mega stage.

Kuramon: Go ahead, DigiDestined. Come at me. I'll be waiting.

[Agumon and Gatomon enter]

Tai: Agumon, Gatomon, you're just in time. Kuramon's back.

Agumon: Him again?!

Gatomon: Who restored him?!

Greg: [shows them Yoshida's profile] This guy. He sent us an e-mail containing Kuramon's Digi-Egg after he was released from prison.

Alvin: But how do we battle him? We can't just destroy the computer.

Tai: We send our Digimon through the Internet. Remember, they're made of data, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Alvin: Coronamon, what do you say?

Coronamon: Count me in, Al!

Brittany: Lunamon, are you up for it?

Lunamon: No virus can stop us!

Agumon: Okay, guys! Follow my lead!

[He and his fellow Digimon get transported into the Internet and face Kuramon]

Kuramon: You little fools! You think I'm outnumbered?!

[He multiplies into four]

Kuramon: Take this!

[He and his clones fire laser beams at the gang's Digimon, who dodge]

Agumon: Each of you, attack one of them! If we beat the original, the others will vanish.

Coronamon: [becomes engulfed in flames] Petit Prominence!

[He strikes one of the Kuramon]

Lunamon: Lop-Ear Ripple!

[She spins her ears around and fires a vortex of bubbles at one of the Kuramon, hitting him]

Gatomon: [punches one of the Kuramon] Lightning Paw!

Agumon: [fires his attack at the last unhit Kuramon] Pepper Breath!

[The fourth Kuramon gets struck by the attack]

All four Kuramon: Piffle! Kuramon, Digivolve to...!

[They each Digivolve into...]

Chrysalimon: Chrysalimon!

[Images of Alvin, Brittany, Tai, and Kari appear]

Coronamon: He looks pretty big to be an In-Training-level Digimon.

Tai: That's not his In-Training level. He must've Digivolved straight into his Champion level!

Kari: Chrysalimon's type and attribute are unknown, but his Data Crusher attack has the power to destroy an opponent's data.

Gatomon: It's a good thing I'm a Champion already.

Alvin: But you'll need backup. Coronamon!

Brittany: Lunamon!

Tai: Agumon!

All three: Get ready to Digivolve!

[Their Digivices activate]

Agumon: Agumon, Digivolve to...!

Coronamon: Coronamon, Digivolve to...!

Lunamon: Lunamon, Digivolve to...!

[They Digivolve into...]

Greymon: Greymon!

Firamon: Firamon!

Lekismon: Lekismon!

Kari: Gatomon!

Gatomon: Gatomon Double Team!

[She splits into two Gatomon; Kari's D-Terminal activates]

Kari: Digi-Armor, energize!

[Out of her D-Terminal comes the Digi-Egg of Light]

Gatomon II: Gatomon, Armor-Digivolve to...!

[She combines with the egg and Armor-Digivolves into...]

Nefertimon: Nefertimon, the Angel of Light!

Chrysalimon: What a nuisance! Data Crusher!

[They unleashes their tentacles at the gang's Digimon]

Firamon: Fira Bomb!

[He fires his attack at the tentacles]

Greymon: Nova Blast!

[He fires his attack at the tentacles]

Lekismon: Tear Arrow!

[She fires an arrow at the tentacles]

Nefertimon: Queen's Paw!

[She fires her attack at the tentacles; all the tentacles get struck by all four attacks]

Gatomon: [kicks the tentacles out of the way] Neko Kick!

Chrysalimon: Chrysalimon, Digivolve to...!

[He and his copies merge together and Digivolve into...]

Infermon: Infermon!

Tai: They've become one! Infermon is Chrysalimon at the Ultimate stage. Beware his attacks: Cocoon Attack and Spider Shooter. They'll catch you clear in his web.

Brittany: At the Ultimate level with the strength of four, he's too strong. Everyone, Digivolve again!

[The gang's Digivices power up their Digimon]

Infermon: Too easy! Spider Shooter!

[He fires his attack at the gang's Digimon; an explosion is shown; Infermon cackles]

Infermon: Think Digivolving is gonna save you?! Think again!

Greymon: Greymon, Digivolve to...!

MetalGreymon: [emerges from the smoke] MetalGreymon!

[He charges at Infermon]

MetalGreymon: Mega Claw!

[He strikes Infermon w/his claw]

Gatomon: Gatomon, Digivolve to...!

Angewomon: [emerges from the smoke] Angewomon!

[She flies toward Infermon]

Angewomon: [fires an arrow at Infermon] Celestial Arrow!

[Infermon dodges]

Nefertimon: [emerges from the smoke] Rosetta Stone!

[She fires her attack at Infermon, hitting him]

Firamon: Firamon, Digivolve to...!

Lekismon: Lekismon, Digivolve to...!

Flaremon: [emerges from the smoke] Flaremon!

Crescemon: [also emerges from the smoke] Crescemon!

Infermon: How did you all survive?!

Flaremon: Never underestimate the newbies, Infermon! Purifying Howl! [fires his attack at Infermon]

Crescemon: [fires an arrow at Infermon] Dark Archery!

[Infermon gets hit by both attacks]

Infermon: Spider Shooter!

[He fires his attack at the gang's Digimon, hitting them]

[A portal opens]

Infermon: Catch you later! I'm gonna spread this virus over every computer in your organization, and then, I'll deal with the rest of the world! [cackles]

[He jumps into the portal]

Alvin: Don't let him get away!

Flaremon: [follows Infermon through the portal] Come back here, you coward!

MetalGreymon: Flaremon, wait!

[Suddenly, an army of demonic humanoid robots known as Demonitron fly into the scene and charge at the gang's Digimon]

Crescemon: Hey! Who are these guys?!

Angewomon: They sure aren't Digimon!

Nefertimon: They look as though they're zombies!

MetalGreymon: Whoever they are, they're in our way! Giga Blaster!

[He fires his attack at the Demonitron, who quickly dodge; one of them grabs MetalGreymon by the tail and spins him around, then chucks him to a wall; MetalGreymon grunts upon impact]

Tai: MetalGreymon!

Brittany: How can those little creatures carry someone that heavy?!

MetalGreymon: I heard that!

[Suddenly, an image of Prescott appears before the gang's Digimon]

Prescott: Remember me, ACME Crime Netters?!

Angewomon: That man!

Alvin: It can't be!

Brittany: Prescott Vorstein?!

Tai: But that's impossible! The Feds killed him! He's dead! How can he be back?!

Prescott: Oh, I never got the injection. You see, that was my twin brother Percival. Before my verdict was read, I got into a little scuffle with my twin, and I switched our clothes, then left, giving the guards the impression that I was Percival and he was me. Since I declined to appeal, regardless of the verdict, there was no way Percival would escape the needle. In other words, kids, the Feds executed the wrong guy.

Alvin and Tai: You snake!

Prescott: And I take it you've met my Demonitron. They're my very own footsoldiers. They make Soprano's STUGs feel like wimps.

Kari: They don't look very attractive.

Angewomon: That's an understatement.

Prescott: Oh, and by the way, Alvin, you're needed at the arena for a very important duel. If you refuse, there's a lot more to lose.

[His image disappears]

Alvin: A duel? How am I supposed to think about dueling when there's a virus spreading?! I won't let it destroy ACME's database!

Tai: Alvin, going into the Internet may be too dangerous for you and Brittany. Kari and I will go in and lend a hand.

Alvin: But what about Flaremon? He knows he can't handle Infermon alone. And he can't Digivolve or go into Expansion Mode without me.

Brittany: Alvin, remember when he fought Darkdramon during our last battle with Wellsworth?

Alvin: Yes, but he was already Apollomon when he fought him. And even though Infermon doesn't have a partner, he can Digivolve at any time, so when he does Digivolve to Mega, Flaremon's gonna be in real trouble.

Greg: That's no problem. I'll send for the other DigiDestined to help him out. In the meantime, you go to your duel.

Alvin: Before I do...

[He removes his tag containing the Crest of Justice and hands it to Brittany]

Alvin: Brittany, you never know when you'll need Dianamon's Blue Moon Mode.

Brittany: Thanks, Alvin.

Alvin: [exits] Do what you guys can to stop Infermon before his virus spreads all over the city!

Greg: Hopefully he won't be long.

Tai: Let's go, Kari!

Kari: [holds hands with her brother] Right, big brother!

[She and Tai point their Digivices at the computer and get transported into the Internet, joining their Digimon]

MetalGreymon: Tai!

Angewomon: Kari!

Crescemon: You two shouldn't be here! It's too risky!

Kari: Don't you know Angewomon can't Biomerge without me?

Tai: Plus, I'm sure MetalGreymon could use some support.

MetalGreymon: Never mind that now. Let's take down those Demonitron!

[The gang fights the Demonitron]

Brittany: You can do it, guys!

[Meanwhile, on another Internet local area network, Flaremon fights Infermon]

Infermon: It's pointless, novice! You're nothing without your partner! Why don't you just give up? Spider Shooter!

[He fires his attack at Flaremon]

Flaremon: Crimson Beast King Wave!

[He fires his attack at Infermon's, blocking it]

Flaremon: I took on a tougher opponent without Alvin before. Darkdramon, three and a half years ago. He was stronger than a Mega, might I add. True, it was only because he had the soul of a corrupt industrialist, but he was still powerful.

Infermon: I'm nothing like him. And I'll prove it to you! Cocoon Attack!

[He chucks himself toward Flaremon]

Familiar voice: Wolf Claw!

[WereGarurumon's Wolf Claw attack strikes Infermon, stopping his attack]

Infermon: Who dares?!

[WereGarurumon jumps into the scene]

Flaremon: WereGarurumon, good timing!

WereGarurumon: Don't think I'm alone, junior.

[Matt is right behind him]

Matt: The captain thought you'd need a hand.

Flaremon: Matt!

[T.K., Sora, Mimi, Izzy, and Joe come up behind Matt]

T.K.: Don't think you're gonna do this on your own.

Sora: That's right. Us DigiDestined gotta stick together.

Mimi: All right! Time to remedy this virus!

[MagnaAngemon, Garudamon, Lillymon, MegaKabuterimon, and Zudomon charge into the scene]

Flaremon: Let's attack at the same time, everybody! Purifying Howl!

WereGarurumon: Wolf Claw!

MagnaAngemon: Soul Vanisher!

Garudamon: Wing Blade!

Lillymon: Flower Cannon!

MegaKabuterimon: Horn Buster!

Zudomon: Vulcan's Hammer!

[All 7 fire their attacks at Infermon, hitting him hard; an explosion is shown]

Izzy: Way to go, guys! We got him for good!

Joe: I don't know, Izzy. That seemed way too easy.

Infermon: Exactly! [as a glowing light emerges from the smoke] Infermon, Digivolve to...!

[Another explosion is shown, and the smoke finally clears, revealing...]

Diaboromon: Diaboromon!

Matt: I knew he wouldn't give up without Digivolving.

Izzy: Diaboromon is a deadly Mega-level. His type and attribute are unknown, but he knows no rest until his ambition is complete. His attack: Web Wrecker, is incredibly violatle to his enemies.

Diaboromon: Now you're mine!

[He strikes all the Digimon w/his long arms]

Matt: WereGarurumon, you know what to do!

WereGarurumon: Right!

[He de-Digivolves back into Gabumon; Matt's Digivice powers him up]

Gabumon: Gabumon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

[He Warp-Digivolves into...]

MetalGarurumon: MetalGarurumon!

[He charges at Diaboromon]

Diaboromon: Just like old times. Web Wrecker!

[He fires his attack at MetalGarurumon, who dodges]

MetalGarurumon: Giga Cross Freezer!

[He fires his missiles at Diaboromon, hitting and freezing him; Diaboromon breaks free all of a sudden]

Flaremon: He can stand the cold, but can he stand the heat?! Crimson Beast King Wave!

[He fires his attack at Diaboromon]

Diaboromon: Web Wrecker!

[He fires his attack at Flaremon's, blocking it]

MagnaAngemon: T.K., grab your Digivice. It's time to Biomerge!

T.K.: Right!

[MagnaAngemon de-Digivolves back into Angemon]

T.K.: Biomerge, activate!

[His body glows]

Angemon: Angemon, Biomerge to...!

[He and T.K. Biomerge into...]

Seraphimon: Seraphimon!

Sora: You guys, too!

Garudamon: Right!

[She, Lillymon, MegaKabuterimon, and Zudomon Digivolve to their Mega forms]

Hououmon: Hououmon!

Rosemon: Rosemon!

HerculesKabuterimon: HerculesKabuterimon!

Plesiomon: Plesiomon!

Mimi: Flaremon, shouldn't you be Digivolving, too?

Flaremon: If only I could, Mimi, but without Alvin, I'm pretty much helpless!

Seraphimon: Where is he, then?

[ACME Crime Net Arena, 9:01am]

[Alvin enters the arena]

Alvin: All right! Where's my opponent?!

[The spirit of Black Luster Soldier appears beside him]

Black Luster Soldier: I assume that this Prescott character is leading you into some sort of trap.

Alvin: I'm taking no chances, Soldier.

Prescott: [through the Duel Computer] Your challenge awaits, Alvin Seville!

Alvin: Prescott, where's my opponent?

[Cut to a control room in Prescott's base; Prescott, duel disk on hand, speaks into a microphone; his duel disk is hooked up to a computer]

Prescott: Why, me, of course. I'm operating your Duel Computer from my base, courtesy of my hacker friend: Kyoji Yoshida.

[Yoshida, Owen, Robertson, Gelman, Rawlings, and Savage snicker]

Yoshida: It's a good thing I used the base's main computer to hack into ACME's Duel Computer so that ACME's duel gazers will get a good glimpse of Mr. Vorstein's field and vice-versa.

Owen: You know who'd like you? My niece Ellen. If only she'd resign from that insane organization run by that power-hungry menace, who shall remain nameless, and join a club like this. I'm sure you and she would make wonderful partners.

Yoshida: Yeah, whatever.

[Cut back to the arena]

Prescott: [through the computer] While I operate the computer from my base, my duel gazer will have the power to see your monsters, and yours will be able to see mine.

Alvin: Well, I don't see anything wrong with this kind of duel. Besides, I love a good duel. Not to mention, one to test out my new Gravekeeper's deck.

Prescott: So you agree to the duel?

Alvin: Yes!

Alvin and Prescott: [activate their duel disks] Duel Disks, engage!

[They each put on their duel disks]

Alvin and Prescott: Duel gazers, ready!

[The field transforms into that of a graveyard]

P.A.: Augmented reality vision link established.

Alvin & Prescott: Let's duel!

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000
Prescott: 4,000]

Prescott: [draws] I'll draw first! To start the duel off, I summon Ryu-Kishin! [places a card]

[Ryu-Kishin appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,000]

Prescott: [sets two cards] And set these for later. Your move!

Alvin: [draws] I draw! [discards a card] I'll start the duel off my discarding Gravekeeper's Commandant to activate its special ability. [takes a card from his deck, then shuffles] I add Necrovalley from my deck to my hand. [places said card] And I activate it now!

[The field transforms into that of Necrovalley]

Alvin: While it's on the field, it gives 500 extra attack and defense points to all Gravekeeper's monsters, such as... [places a card] Gravekeeper's Assailant!

[Gravekeeper's Assailant appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,500 (boosted to 2,000)]

Yazmin: I've come prepared for battle, Sir Alvin!

Prescott: What the hell?! Did your monster just talk?! And I thought Gravekeeper's Assailant was a man!

[Yazmin lowers her hood]

Yazmin: You thought wrong!

Prescott: What?!

Alvin: Attack Ryu-Kishin!

[Yazmin charges at Ryu-Kishin]

Prescott: I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Crush Card Virus! I tribute Ryu-Kishin to destroy all monsters you control with 1,500 attack points or more on the field and in your hand! [Ryu-Kishin vanishes, spreading toxins on the field]

Alvin: Gravekeeper's Assailant's attack may have failed, but she's far from going down! [places another card] I activate Monster Recovery! Gravekeeper's Assailant goes back into my deck!

[Yazmin gets transported back into Alvin's deck before the toxins can touch her]

Alvin: [shuffles his hand into his deck] I also shuffle my hand into my deck. [draws three cards] Then I draw the same number of cards I sent back. And since I gotta show you my hand so you'll know what monsters your Crush Card will send to the graveyard... [reveals his hand] See for yourself!

Prescott: Magic Formula, Card Destruction, and Monster Reborn? Rats! However, there's more to my Crush Card. It also forces you to send three monsters with 1,500 or more attack points from your deck to the graveyard.

Alvin: [sends three cards to his graveyard] Okay. Out go Gaia the Fierce Knight, Curse of Dragon, and Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight.

Prescott: That doesn't bother me. But what does is that because of Crush Card Virus' side-effect, until the end of my next turn, you take no damage. However, the cards you just drew are completely useless, anyway.

Alvin: Nothing is useless, Prescott, and this card proves it: [places another card] Card Destruction! Now, each of us discards our entire hands and draws the same number we discarded!

[He and Prescott do so]

Alvin: [sets two cards] I set my last two cards and end my turn. Go!

Prescott: [draws] My turn! I draw! And thanks to Card Destruction, the card I just drew will make it that much easier for me to summon one of my best monsters. [places a card] I activate Monster Reborn! This card lets me special-summon any monster from any graveyard. Belial - Marquis of Darkness, rise and destroy!

[Nothing happens]

Prescott: I said, rise and destroy!!

[Still nothing]

Prescott: Hello!

Alvin: I guess I forgot to tell you that Necrovalley has locked up our graveyards. You see, any card effect that has to do with banishing or moving a card other than itself from any of our graveyards to our decks, hands, or the field is negated by Necrovalley.

[Monster Reborn vanishes]

Prescott: Damn it! You're lucky. [in his mind] If it weren't for Necrovalley, I'd have Belial attack Alvin directly after I targeted him with Backup Rider, boosting his attack points to 4,300, and I would've won the duel. I'll just have to make the best of it. [aloud; places a card] I summon Armored Zombie!

[Armored Zombie appears]

ATK: 1,500]

Prescott: [sets a card] That ends my turn.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Swords of Burning Light! [Prescott's field becomes surrounded by burning swords]

Alvin: As long as I don't control any monsters, Prescott, you can't attack me. I end my turn.

Prescott: [draws] I draw! [places a card] First, I play Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. [places another card] Next, I play Scapegoat! This card lets me summon four Sheep Tokens!

[Four Sheep Tokens appear]

Prescott: Next, I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Gift of the Mystical Elf! I gain 300 life points for each monster on the field, for a total of 1,500!

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 5,500 (Hand: 2)]

Prescott: Now, I play... [places another card] Token Thanksgiving! This card destroys every token on the field and gives me 800 life points for each of them.

[His Sheep Tokens disappear]

[LP:
Alvin: 4,000 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 8,700 (Hand: 1)]

Prescott: Still think you can beat me, do you? Move.

Alvin: I don't think, Prescott. I know! [draws] I draw! [sets a card] I'll set one, and my turn is done.

Prescott: I think you're chicken. That's right. Since the last time we met, you've turned into a total chicken.

Alvin: You were even more of a chicken when you switched places with your brother while you waited for the verdict.

Prescott: Percival was a traitor, abandoning my family for leaving our gang the night we formed it.

Alvin: And you were also chicken when you waited until the last minute to finally go after us again.

Prescott: If I did go after you the minute I got out, Wellsworth would've had me killed. The smart thing to do was let him and anyone who came after make the first move. But a few months before you caught Alto, I lost patience and decided, what the hell? So I took Uncle Klaus' last helicopter and flew back here, and one of my subordinates shot Alto while he was in jail.

Alvin: So you had a hand in Alto's death the whole time!

Prescott: Listen, Al, I did you guys a favor. Alto probably would've found the means to escape if I let him live. You should thank me for it.

Alvin: Alto would never have, seeing as they were going to put him in solitary in Attica under heavy security. There was no hope of him ever escaping. You having him killed is still murder.

Prescott: Well, I'm afraid you'll never catch me. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I summon Three-Legged Zombies!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,100]

Prescott: I end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] My turn! I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Dark Hole! This card destroys all monsters on the field!

Prescott: I figured that'd happen, so I activate my Trap Card: [reveals face-down] White Hole! This card only activates when an opponent activates Dark Hole. My monsters can't be destroyed Dark Hole's vortex!

[A white vortex surrounds Prescott's monsters and repels Dark Hole's black vortex]

Alvin: [groans] I end my turn.

Prescott: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I summon Plaguespreader Zombie to the field!

[Plaguespreader Zombie appears]

[LV: 2
ATK: 400]

Prescott: Thought you'd like to know that Plaguespreader Zombie is a Tuner monster, which means I can Synchro-summon! I tune my level-2 Plaguespreader to my level-3 Three-Legged Zombie and Armored Zombie!

[Said monsters tune together]

Prescott: I Synchro-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons!

[Said monster appears and roars]

[LV: 8
ATK: 3,000]

Alvin: Almost as ugly as Alto's Beelzeus during my duel against him.

Prescott: Well, that monster's effect pales in comparison to Beelze's effect: It can't be destroyed in battle or by card effects, and every time I take damage, this monster gains attack points equal to the damage I took. But for now, I end my turn, since your swords are still in play.

Alvin: Fine. [draws] I draw! [looks at what he just drew; in his mind] Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley? That's not gonna help. I don't have any Gravekeepers on the field. [aloud] I end my turn.

Prescott: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Giant Trunade! All of our Spell and Trap Cards return to our hands, which means my dragon can attack freely!

[A windstorm blows Alvin's Spells and Traps back to his hand]

Alvin: Now I'm in trouble.

Prescott: Attack directly, Beelze!

[Beelze fires its attack at Alvin directly, hitting him; Alvin screams]

[LP:
Alvin: 1,000 (Hand: 6)
Prescott: 8,700 (Hand: 1)]

Alvin: [in his mind] 3,000 points of damage. That's gonna leave a huge mark. [aloud] You're not gonna get away with this, Prescott! Never!

Prescott: Oh, but I already have, and you're the one that won't get away, and the same goes for your partner Digimon. He'll never survive my virus' wrath! [cackles maniacally] Make your move.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! [places Necrovalley] I activate Necrovalley again!

[The field reverts to Necrovalley]

Alvin: [sets four cards] Next, I set three cards, then activate the Spell: [places a card] Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two more cards. [places another card] Now, I activate Pendulum Call! [discards Swords of Burning Light] I discard one card to add two Magician Pendulum monsters from my deck to my hand: [takes two cards from his deck, then shuffles] Dragonpulse Magician and Dragonpit Magician. [places said cards] And I won't waste time setting the Pendulum Scale with these mages!

[Said monsters appear in the Pendulum Zones]

Alvin: With these two on the field, I can special-summon monsters from my hand between levels 2 and 7. [places a card] I special-summon Gravekeeper's Shaman in defense mode!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 6
DEF: 1,500 (boosted to 2,000)]

Alvin: Gravekeeper's Shaman gains 200 defense points for each Gravekeeper's monster in my graveyard. Since I have Gravekeeper's Commandant in my graveyard, she now has 2,200 defense points.

[DEF: 2,200]

Alvin: And while she's on the field, monster effects that activate in the graveyard can't be activated. Plus, you can neither destroy nor activate any Field Spell Cards. That ends my turn.

Prescott: [draws] My turn! Beelze, attack Gravekeeper's Shaman!

[Beelze fires its attack at Gravekeeper's Shaman]

Alvin: [reveals face-down] You've activated the Trap: Magic Cylinder! This card negates your attack and deals you damage equal to the attack points of your monster!

[Two cylinders appear; one absorbs the attack; the other fires the attack right back at Prescott]

Prescott: I activate the Spell: [places a card] Ring of Defense! This card reduces the damage dealt by a Trap Card to 0!

Alvin: Not if I activate the Trap: [reveals face-down] Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley! Because you activated a Spell, Trap, or monster effect while I control Necrovalley and a Gravekeeper's monster, I can negate that effect and destroy that card!

[Ring of Defense is destroyed; Prescott gets blasted with damage and screams]

[LP:
Alvin: 1,000 (Hand: 0)
Prescott: 5,700 (Hand: 1)]

Prescott: Unfortunately, Ring of Defense was just a mere decoy to get you to waste that Trap Card, Alvin. Thanks to Magic Cylinder, the damage I took is added to Beelze's attack points!

[BEELZE OF THE DIABOLIC DRAGONS:
ATK: 6,000]

Alvin: 6,000 attack points?!

Prescott: Your monster may have survived, but you won't. I end my turn now.

Alvin: [in his mind] I gotta get a Pendulum monster on the field so I can keep defending myself each turn and buy some time to formulate a new strategy to beat Prescott. I can't let him win!

[Cut back to the Internet fight with the Demonitron; the gang has beaten the Demonitron]

Tai: All right! Finish 'em!

MetalGreymon: Giga Blaster!

[He fires his attack at the Demonitron, hitting and destroying them]

MetalGreymon: Tough cookies, but they were no match for us.

[He de-Digivolves back into Agumon]

Agumon: Oh, come on! The battle wasn't that tough!

Tai: Probably because you didn't eat enough. [hands Agumon a candy bar] Here.

Agumon: Thanks, Tai. [eats the candy bar]

[A portal opens]

Kari: That portal must lead to where Infermon is.

Angewomon: Let's go, everyone. Flaremon needs our help!

[They all soar through the portal and enter the network where Flaremon and the rest of the gang are fighting Diaboromon]

Crescemon: Flaremon!

Flaremon: Guys, you made it!

Matt: Took you long enough!

Tai: Where's Infermon?

Diaboromon: [dives down toward Tai] Right above you!

[Tai looks up]

Tai: Diaboromon!

Kari: Tai! [raises her Digivice] Biomerge, activate!

[She and Angewomon Biomerge into Ophanimon]

Ophanimon: [strikes Diaboromon] Leave our leader be!

[Diaboromon hits the wall]

Diaboromon: Another Mega?

[An image of Brittany appears]

Brittany: Guys, since Diaboromon's now at the Mega stage, everyone's gonna hafta go Mega.

Crescemon: You heard the little lady, Agumon! Let's do it!

Agumon: I just hope that candy bar is enough.

Tai: It should be. Plus, now that we have our crests back, you won't have to worry about de-Digivolving prematurely.

Agumon: Good thinking.

Crescemon: All right! Let's go!

[She de-Digivolves back into Lunamon]

Brittany: Lunamon!

Tai: Agumon!

Tai and Brittany: Prepare to Warp-Digivolve!

[The Crests of Courage and Justice glow; their Digivices power up Agumon and Lunamon]

Agumon: Agumon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

[He Warp-Digivolves into...]

WarGreymon: WarGreymon!

Lunamon: Lunamon, Warp-Digivolve to...!

[She Warp-Digivolves into...]

Dianamon: Dianamon!

Diaboromon: Don't interfere with my revenge plans! Web Wrecker!

[He fires his attack at the gang's Digimon]

Flaremon: [dodges] Look out!

Dianamon: [also dodges] Arrow of Artemis!

[She fires her attack at Diaboromon, hitting him]

Rosemon: Forbidden Temptation!

Hououmon: Starlight Explosion!

HerculesKabuterimon: Mega Electro Shocker!

Plesiomon: Sorrow Blue!

[They fire their attacks at Diaboromon, hitting him]

Seraphimon: Strike of the Seven Stars!

[He fires his attack at Diaboromon, hitting him]

Ophanimon: Eden's Javelin!

[She fires her attack at Diaboromon, hitting him]

MetalGarurumon: Metal Wolf Claw!

WarGreymon: Terra Force!

Diaboromon: [extends his arms] Cable Crusher!

[He grabs WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon w/his claws and smashes them into each other]

WarGreymon: I'm stuck too tight!

MetalGarurumon: Me, too! Diaboromon's got one hell of a grip on us!

Tai: I think this is a job for you-know-who, huh, Matt?

Matt: Just like old times, Tai.

[The Crests of Courage and Friendship glow; their Digivices power up WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, much to Diaboromon's shock]

Diaboromon: [lets the two Digimon go] This again?!

WarGreymon: WarGreymon!

MetalGarurumon: MetalGarurumon!

WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon: DNA-Digivolve to...!

[They DNA-Digivolve into...]

Omnimon: Omnimon!

[Tai and Matt jump onto his shoulders]

Sora: Who better to finish off Diaboromon than the one who beat him in our first encounter?

Tai: Finish him off, Omnimon!

Omnimon: Supreme Cannon!

[He fires a blast from his cannon at Diaboromon]

Diaboromon: Not this time! Paradise Lost!

[He fires a massive explosion of energy from his chest at Omnimon, hitting him and stopping his attack]

Diaboromon: I knew you'd use Omnimon against me, you fools. Even though all 8 of you now have the power to Digivolve to Mega, and you have two new friends with you, all your moves are still very predictable. Why don't you just surrender? I'll be merciful. [snickers maniacally]

[Cut back to Prescott's base; Prescott's henchmen have seen everything]

Yoshida: Diaboromon's doing great. I think it's time I got in on this fight.

Robertson: When the time comes, activate your Demon Manacle. With it, you'll become a Demon Rider. Not even a Mega-level Digimon can stand against your new armor.

Yoshida: ACME Crime Net, prepare to meet your doom. Once I wipe out your DigiDestined, Diaboromon will be free to completely wipe your database clean. [points his manacle at the computer] It's time!

[He gets transported into the Internet]

Savage: Master Prescott, I hate to bother you during your duel, but Mr. Yoshida has just entered the Internet and is about to assist Diaboromon in combat against the DigiDestined. Shall I send the Demonitron to back him up?

Prescott: No, Savage. Leave him to his business. The two of them won't need any Demonitron. No one can beat a team like that. Ever! [laughs maniacally]

Narrator: Now that Kyoji Yoshida has entered the Internet to back up Diaboromon, will the DigiDestined be able to defeat them? Find out next time on ACME Crime Net!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Brittany: Demon Rider?!

Joe: He's even more powerful than the Dark Riders and Mutant Riders combined!

Alvin: Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, attack with Flash Flare Xyz Blast!

Izzy: Oh, no! Kuramon are scattering all over the world!

Alvin: They're combining!

Armageddemon: The end is near!

Tai: Next time on ACME Crime Net, Diaboromon Lives Pt. 2. Vigilance, Dedication, Courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/11/2023 6:30 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera