ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2018 4:04 pm  #1

Side-Fic 288: Miyabi's Test

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Miyabi: Hi, everyone! The show's about to start!

Tomoe: Just make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On board the Nickar, Westcott consults with the remains of the Treacherous Ten]

Westcott: The Kaleido Gladiators have taken yet another leave of absence for a fortnight. Until they return, the seven of you will be disabled. I don't want a repeat of what happened to Mu when she escaped and went rogue.

Tomahawk: I understand, sir.

Myaza: But we'll get those Gladiators when we're reactivated.

Westcott: You certainly will. LN, deactivate them at once.

LN: [whips out her tablet] Yes, master.

[She opens an app and disables the Treacherous Ten's programming; the seven Demonoids shut down]

LN: Shall I lock them in the brig for you?

Westcott: As you wish.

LN: Delta, Epsilon, get your butts over here.

[Delta and Epsilon help her drag the deactivated Demonoids all the way to the brig; Savage approaches]

Westcott: Savage.

Savage: Since the Treacherous Ten is out of commission for now, why don't I send out a servant of my own?

Westcott: What about your plans to take out the Spider Riders?

Savage: That can wait. Right now, I have plans for the Crystal Exceeds. What better opportunity to gather some data?

Westcott: Oh, yes. They have the powers of the Power Rangers with them. Very well. Show me your servant.

[Savage whistles; a soldier wearing a Super CDG unit (played by Ronda Rousey) enters]

Savage: This is Kendra Lascher, martial arts blackbelt and ex-con.

Westcott: What were you busted for?

Lascher: Beating up one of my students. March 13th, 2012, there was a match between my rival's dojo and mine, and my star pupil lost by a landslide. I kept trying to cheer her on, but it just wasn't enough. After the match was over, she claimed that my cheering distracted her from the fight. But I wouldn't have any of it. So I smacked her in the face. Then she ratted me out to her parents and the cops. I kept trying to claim innocence, but the jury convicted me after only five minutes of deliberation. They sentenced me to five years in prison, then five more on probation afterwards, the latter of which I'm still serving, and while I was in prison, my dojo was torn down and replaced with a burger joint. And you can probably guess who the arresting officers were.

Savage: ACME Crime Net.

Lascher: Yep. They were members of the DigiDestined. But from what I heard, they transferred to ACME Crime Net's Tokyo branch. So I'll just go after whoever else is at ACME. One detective is as good as another. Now, to start this mission off, I'd like to show you something.

[She shows a photograph of a familiar young, blonde woman coming out of JFK Airport]

Lascher: This woman recently flew in right out of Harwood County, California.

Westcott: Ah. Maybe with her help, I won't even need the Crystal Exceeds' data. Intercept her when you get the chance, Miss Lascher.

Lascher: Understood.

[132 Madison Street, Monday, July 16th, 8:26am]

[Tomoe instructs a martial arts class, with her fellow Exceeds and Sarah as her students (the female Exceeds are wearing sports bras and shorts; Sarah is wearing a gi; Tor is wearing a red tank top and shorts); Tor and Lilith each wear a green belt; Julie wears an orange belt; Miyabi wears a white belt; Tomoe, a black belt; Sarah, a blue belt]

Tomoe: Okay, guys. 1. 2. Block 3. Punch 4. Back step, 5. Step 6. Block 7.

[Miyabi is having a hard time keeping up]

Tomoe: Miyabi, are you with us?

Miyabi: Trying.

Tomoe: [walks up to Miyabi] Listen, while the other superhero teams are away, we've got the whole warehouse to ourselves. But we're also the city's best defense against the Demonoids. That's why we have to hone in our martial arts skills. We may have the power of the Morphing Grid with us, but remember, the Power Rangers had training in martial arts before they got their superpowers. That's why I've started this martial arts class.

Miyabi: Understood, Sensei.

Tomoe: Tell you what, just follow these simple moves.

[She performs a few simple martial arts moves; Miyabi tries to copy each one, but still can't keep up; she sighs]

Miyabi: Let's face it, Tomoe. I suck. I'm never gonna get a yellow belt.

Tomoe: Hey, don't worry. Even though my family runs a dojo, I, too, was a beginner.

[She stands before her team]

Tomoe: All right, class. What is the primary purpose of martial arts?

[Miyabi raises her hand]

Tomoe: Miyabi?

Miyabi: For us to develop courage, compassion, honesty, fitness, authority, and loyalty.

Tomoe: Bingo! You memorized that pretty quickly. Okay, you guys. Before we finish this morning's class, I'd like to remind you all that we have a big promotion test at 5:00 today. So practice and be ready.

Everyone else: Yes, Sensei.

Tomoe: All right, everyone. Class dismissed.

[She bows; the others bow in response; they all walk up to a bench and take sips of water]

Lilith: You know, Tomoe, my pen pal Gia from Southern California sent me an e-mail early this morning that she'd just landed in New York and was wondering if she could lend a hand in our martial arts training. She's an expert.

Tomoe: Gia? Martial arts? Hmm... Why does that ring a bell?

[There's a knock at the door]

Sarah: Allow me, milady.

[She walks up to the door and opens it, revealing Gia Moran]

Sarah: Miss Moran, I presume?

Gia: Just call me Gia. [walks up to Lilith] Hi, Lily!

[She and Lilith embrace]

Lilith: Hello, Gia.

Gia: [looks around the warehouse] So this is your New York home. What's the matter? Couldn't afford a hotel?

Lilith: A hotel is easily affordable, but I prefer a simpler life with my lover. Gia, I'd like you to meet Tor Kokonoe.

Tor: Hi, Gia.

Gia: [shakes hands with Gia] Pleasure.

Julie: I'm Julie, Tor's Duo partner.

Tomoe: I'm Tomoe, a martial arts instructor.

Miyabi: And I'm Miyabi, Tomoe's Duo partner.

Sarah: And I'm Sarah, Miss Lilith's stewardess. And no, I'm in no relationship with Mr. Kokonoe like the other four.

Gia: Well, it's nice to meet you. Anyway,-- [beat; turns to Tor] Lily, are you telling me your lover is a two-timer?

Lilith: [snickers] No, no, no, Gia dear. It's actually kind of like a harem. Tor wouldn't dare betray any of us.

Julie: Nej. He's a wonderful man.

Tomoe: Honest.

Gia: Well, lucky you. I always get a little jelly when Jake gets too close to another girl. Not that he'd betray me, though. Anyway, Lilith told me all about Miyabi's little martial arts situation when I got off the plane. [turns to Miyabi] You know, having had experience with my five friends back home, I can sharpen both your body and your mind. And there's a few other things I wanna teach you.

Miyabi: That'd be wonderful. Thanks, Miss Gia.

Gia: We should take this where there's fresh air, though.

Miyabi: The roof?

Gia: Good girl.

[They head upstairs to the warehouse roof]

Tor: Don't worry, Tomoe. She's in good hands.

[Back at the Nickar, LN looks up information on Gia Moran]

LN: The subject's name is Gia Moran. She's the Yellow Ranger of the Power Rangers Megaforce.

Westcott: Quite amusing you'd be able to tap into the Ranger archives, LN.

LN: Much appreciated, Master. Now, it says here that she can access the powers of Rangers from the past, just like the Crystal Exceeds do. All it requires is the appropriate key. However, she can only do that when she's in Super Mega Mode, which requires her Legendary Morpher and her appropriate Ranger Key.

Westcott: Perfect.

Lascher: [enters] Mr. Westcott, my drones have found Megaforce Yellow at the Exceeds' warehouse. Shall I send the Cyber Demonitron to capture her?

Westcott: Certainly. And when they do, get her to give you her Ranger Key.

Lascher: Yes, sir.

[132 Madison Street, 8:56am]

[Gia is training Miyabi in martial arts; Gia performs a martial arts technique: Tenkan; Miyabi carefully copies it]

Gia: Very good, Miyabi. Now, try this.

[She performs another technique: Squat stance; Miyabi follows]

Gia: Good girl. You're getting the hang of this.

[They continue their martial arts training in numerous ways over the next few minutes; afterwards, they take drinks of water]

Gia: With all our training, that yellow belt's in the bag.

Miyabi: Thanks. But where did you learn all this stuff, Miss Gia?

Gia: Like I said, I've had experience training with my friends back in Harwood County. My leader Troy was the expert.

Miyabi: Oh.

Gia: So what made you decide to become an Exceed at Kouryou Academy?

Miyabi: I just wanted to be somebody. When I learned I was suited for a Lukifer, I knew it'd be my golden opportunity. But you see, I'm not very comfortable in crowds. So I chose to train as hard as I could. But I kinda overdid it during my first year. But then, with the help of Tor, Tomoe, Julie, and Lilith, I kept on until I became a strong Exceed and graduated with them three years later. But lately, things have gotten more difficult, and it's harder to keep up with the others. That's why I enrolled in Tomoe's martial arts classes. So I can get better. I don't wanna hold them back.

Gia: You know, when I was a kid, I felt the same way. I almost didn't fit in at school. But I soon got to know my classmates better, and catch up to them, too. Then in high school, I met Jake, Emma, Noah, and Troy, and we formed a special bond. A bond just like yours with Lilith and the other three. Anyway, what do you see in that Tor fellow?

Miyabi: He's so kind, so brave, so handsome. And I felt very sorry for him when I heard he enrolled in Kouryou Academy to avenge his sister's death. And since he graduated, he's dedicated his life to protecting those he loves, including Julie, Lilith, Tomoe, and me.

Gia: Tell me something, Miyabi. [whispers into Miyabi's ear] Did he do you?

[Miyabi blushes]

Miyabi: Yes, he did. All four of us, in fact.

Gia: Damn, that guy's a real playa.

Miyabi: [giggles] You know, Miss Gia, you're a cool coach. And a good friend, too.

Gia: [pats Miyabi on the head] I just wanna be useful. That's all.

[Suddenly, an army of Cyber Demonitron appears]

Gia: What are those things?

Miyabi: Cyber Demonitron. Time to put our training to the test.

Gia: You take the left flank, I'll take the right.

[Miyabi nods; both fight their assigned group of Cyber Demonitron; Miyabi struggles against her opponents, but using what Gia taught her, manages to knock six of them out; Gia kicks seven Cyber Demonitron to the ground; she runs up to the bench and opens her bag to find her Gosei Morpher and Legendary Morpher inside, along with her Power Cards and Super Megaforce Ranger Key]

Gia: I can't let Miyabi find out. But what choice do I have?

[She pockets everything, then charges at her group of Cyber Demonitron and smashes one into another; she notices a chip sticking out of one of those she smashed and pulls it out, then smashes it to pieces; the Cyber Demonitron disappears]

Gia: So that's how they deactivate. Cool.

[She grabs the other one she smashed and pries the chip out of its neck and smashes it, destroying the Cyber Demonitron]

Gia: Easy as pie. Now, for the rest.

[She reaches into her right pocket for her Gosei Morpher, until suddenly, the remaining Cyber Demonitron grab her and lift her up; Gia's Super Megaforce Key falls out of her pocket]

Gia: Put me down, you ugly robots!

[As Miyabi finishes off the last of her group of Cyber Demonitron, she notices the captive Gia]

Gia: Miyabi, don't forget what you've learned!

Miyabi: Miss Gia!

Gia: Don't worry about me!

[The Cyber Demonitron disappear, taking Gia with them]

Miyabi: Why would the Demonoids wanna kidnap an innocent woman?

[She suddenly notices Gia's key on the ground and picks it up]

Miyabi: No way! She couldn't be! Could she?

[Renwick Smallpox Hospital, Roosevelt Island, 9:12am]

[There is TNT hooked up to a digital countdown clock set to go off in 30 minutes; the Cyber Demonitron tie Gia to a chair close to it; she is tied to tightly, she can't reach into her pockets for her morphers; Lascher approaches]

Gia: I bet you sent these creeps to kidnap me!

Lascher: That'll be the last bet you ever win, you pathetic Power Ranger.

Gia: You must work for those Demonoid characters I read about in the papers.

Lascher: Never mind that. I want your Ranger Key.

Gia: I lost it. Now, would you let me go?

Lascher: Maybe you gave it to your British pen pal for safekeeping. Her name is Lilith Bristol, isn't it?

Gia: Leave Lily outta this!

Lascher: If you don't gimme your Ranger Key in 30 minute's time, you and this old building will go up in smoke! Hope your fellow Rangers got you a tombstone.

Gia: You won't get away with this, you witch!

Lascher: We'll see, Yellow Ranger. 30 minutes!

[Gia grits her teeth]

[132 Madison Street, 9:14am]

[Miyabi rushes back downstairs and joins the others]

Tor: Hey, future yellow belt!

Miyabi: [catches her breath] The Cyber Demonitron-- They kidnapped Miss Gia. I tried to stop them, but they were too fast.

Lilith: Oh, poor Gia.

Tor: What would they want with Gia?

Lilith: I don't know! She's just a harmless young woman!

Miyabi: [holds up Gia's key] They might be after this.

[The other Exceeds gasp as they stare at the key]

Julie: Miyabi, do you think--?

Tor: Gia is a... Power Ranger?!

Tomoe: I knew she sounded familiar!

[Sarah walks up to Lilith with a message in a black envelope]

Sarah: Milady, this just arrived for you. [leaves]

Lilith: At a quarter past 9:00?

[She opens the envelope and extracts a note]

Lilith: "If you ever want to see Megaforce Yellow alive again, deliver her Super Megaforce Ranger Key to me at Roosevelt Island within half an hour's time. CDG soldier Kendra Lascher."

Tomoe: Another mercenary for the Demonoids.

Tor: [looks up rap sheets on his Blaze Phone] Lascher. Lascher. Here we go. [looks up Lascher's rap sheet] Kendra Lascher-- Served five years in Bedford Hills and still serving five years probation for assaulting an innocent child.

Tomoe: Why do the Demonoids always get the repeat offenders?

Tor: Let's take the key to the lab and see if it can help trace Gia.

[Cut to the lab; Tomoe hooks up the key to the main computer]

Tomoe: [opens the GPS system] Gia might still have her morphers with her. And since her Legendary Morpher requires her key to morph into Super Megaforce Yellow, the key might help track her down.

[The GPS system pinpoints Gia's location: Renwick Smallpox Hospital on Roosevelt Island]

Tomoe: The abandoned hospital on Roosevelt Island! [takes the key and hands it to Miyabi] We gotta get there quickly.

[They all head back upstairs]

Tor: On foot with only half an hour to save her? And in case you don't know, our Blaze Borgs aren't fit for travel.

Sarah: [approaches] Not a problem. Mr. Steele had a feeling something like this would happen, so before he took the day off, he asked me to do him a favor.

Lilith: What favor?

Sarah: [leads the Exceeds outside] Behold!

[They approach something covered beneath a large tarp; she pulls the tarp off, revealing five different-colored motorcycles made of crystal]

Sarah: The Blaze Cycles.

Lilith: Sarah, they're marvelous! [embraces Sarah] You're the best stewardess ever!

Sarah: Oh, there's more to these vehicles than just giving you a decent ride. They can also take the form of personal water crafts. Plus, they're equipped with lasers.

Tor: They're perfect! Thanks a bunch, Sarah.

Sarah: Now, go. Your friend needs you.

[The Exceeds whip out their Blaze Phones]

Exceeds: Blaze Morph!

[They get suited up, then jump onto their Blaze Cycles]

Tor: Let's ride, girls!

[They all ride off, except for Miyabi]

Miyabi: Guys, wait!

Tomoe: Everyone stop!

[She and the other three stop; Tomoe drives her cycle back to Miyabi]

Tomoe: Miyabi, what's the holdup?

Miyabi: I've never driven anything like this before. I don't know how to make this thing go where I want to.

Tomoe: It's simple. [places Miyabi's right hand on the throttle] Hand here. And... TWIST!

[Miyabi twists the throttle, causing her cycle to rocket forward; Miyabi wobbles a bit as her cycle pops a wheelie]

Miyabi: WHOA!!!

Tor: Let's move!

[He and the other three follow Miyabi on their cycles; Miyabi brings her cycle's front wheel back to the ground and regains her balance]

Miyabi: Got it! All right, guys! We've got a Ranger to save!

[They amp up the speed as they make their way to Roosevelt Island; once they approach the East River, they stop]

Tor: Blaze Cycles, convert to Water Craft Mode!

[All cycles convert to water crafts; the Exceeds drive them on the river until they reach the island; the water crafts convert back to cycles, and they make their approach toward the abandoned hospital; there, Cyber Demonitron are waiting for them]

Tor: Should've known they'd be here to delay us. Blaze Cycles, fire lasers!

[The Blaze Cycles fire their laser cannons at the Cyber Demonitron, hitting them]

All five Exceeds: Blaze on!

[Their Blaze weapons appear; they fight the Cyber Demonitron with them, all while driving their Blaze Cycles]

Tomoe: Damn, these bikes are hot!

Julie: Yeah! We don't even need our Ranger Modes for this!

Miyabi: [gets off her cycle] You guys keep them occupied! I gotta find Miss Gia!

Lilith: [gets off her cycle] I'll go with you!

[They rush into the hospital, but on her way to Gia's location, more Cyber Demonitron try to block her path; Miyabi and Lilith strike them one by one with their weapons and Miyabi's newly-learned martial arts moves until they're destroyed; they revert to normal and finally reach Gia's location]

Lilith: Gia!

Gia: Lily! Miyabi!

Miyabi: Are you all right, Miss Gia?

Gia: Yeah. Thanks. But how'd you find me?

Lilith: We got a message from the kidnapper.

Gia: Did she tell you about the bomb?

Miyabi: Yeah, but we gotta hurry!

Lilith: [tries to untie Gia] Miyabi, I know you're no techno buff, but can you disarm it?

Miyabi: I'll try.

Gia: Use your training to focus your mental energy, Miyabi!

[Miyabi nods, then looks at the clock connected to the bomb which is down to only 15 seconds]

Lilith: You can do it, Miyabi!

[Miyabi focuses, until finally, she pulls the right wires off the clock, stopping it at only half a second]

Miyabi: It worked! I did it!

Gia: [finally set free] Good work, kiddo!

Lilith: Well done!

Miyabi: [sighs] That was too close. Another half a second, and we'd all have been dead.

Gia: Now, what happened to my Ranger Key?

Miyabi: [hands the key back to Gia] You mean this?

Gia: [sighs] Thank goodness. [beat] Wait a minute. You guys found out, didn't you?

Lilith: Yes. We know you're a Power Ranger.

Miyabi: And we have something important to tell you.

Miyabi and Lilith: [activate their Blaze Phones] Blaze Morph!

[They get suited up]

Gia: You guys are the Crystal Exceeds?

Lilith: Yes. The other three are outside fighting the Cyber Demonitron.

Miyabi: We gotta go back and help them.

Gia: I'm with you. Let's go.

[They rush out of the hospital]

Gia: Hey, bolt brains!

[The Cyber Demonitron notice them]

Gia: You thought you could get rid of a Power Ranger, huh? Well, guess what? You thought wrong. It's Morphin Time!

[She whips out her Gosei Morpher and Yellow Ranger Power Card; she inserts the card into her morpher]

Gia: Go go Megaforce!

[She snaps the morpher shut and morphs into the Megaforce Yellow Ranger]

Gia: Claw of the tiger! Megaforce Yellow!

Tor: All right, Gia!

Gia: Say your prayers, Cyber Demonitron! [whips out her Tiger Claw] Tiger Claw!

[She strikes the remaining Cyber Demonitron w/her weapon, destroying them]

Gia: Now, where's that kidnapper?

[Back at the Nickar, the Demonoids have seen it all]

Westcott: So that's the power of a true Megaforce Ranger. Perhaps Miss Lascher could use a little help.

[Suddenly, the monster Invidious enters]

Invidious: Maybe I can be of some help.

Westcott: And you are?

Invidious: Invidious, last surviving member of the Armada. The Yellow Ranger-- I wish to destroy her so as to get revenge on those that destroyed my beloved Levira and my illustrious master Emperor Mavro.

Westcott: On one condition, Invidious.

Invidious: Name it.

Westcott: Help my Super Cyber Demon Gear soldier destroy the Crystal Exceeds and the Yellow Ranger. Then you can go after the other Rangers.

Invidious: I shall not fail you.

[He vanishes]

[Back at Roosevelt Island, the Crystal Exceeds and Megaforce Yellow look around for Lascher]

Tor: I don't know why she'd just disappear like that without warning.

Tomoe: I've already sent for ESU and the bomb squad. They're on their way.

Gia: You guys are cops?

Lilith: Not officially. Just representatives of the Dorn Agency's peacekeeping corps.

Julie: [looks up at a nearby tree] Guys! There she is!

[Lascher is up in the tree]

Tor: Kendra Lascher, you're under arrest for kidnapping, attempted murder, and attempted arson of a historic landmark!

Lascher: We'll see about that. [jumps down from the tree and points her swords at Gia] You, Yellow Ranger-- I want your Ranger Key.

Gia: And you're gonna get it. But first,... [inserts her Ultra Power card into her Gosei Morpher] Ultra Tiger Zord, activate!

[The Ultra Tiger Zord appears, along with Gia's Ultra Sword; Gia grabs the Zord and inserts it into the dome of her sword]

Gia: [raises her sword] Ultra Mode, activate!

[She converts to Ultra Mode]

Gia: Jungle power! Ultra Megaforce Yellow!

Lascher: As if I'm intimidated by that getup.

[Suddenly, Invidious appears]

Invidious: Allow me to lend you a hand, young lady.

Gia: Invidious? What's he doing here?

Lascher: Oh, the Demonoids don't think I can do it alone? [scoffs] I don't need anyone! Tell you what, since the Yellow Ranger is my responsibility, why don't you do me a favor and wipe out the Crystal Exceeds?

Invidious: It'll be my pleasure, miss.

[He turns to the Crystal Exceeds]

Tor: I take it you're one of the Yellow Ranger's old enemies.

Invidious: Her team destroyed my masters, and on top of that, my true love. But before I destroy her team, I intend to destroy you first, as a favor to Isaac Westcott. The Power Rangers only got lucky against me the last time.

Miyabi: They weren't. You lost the last time because you were only thinking of going out on a date with one of your bosses.

Invidious: [laughs] Well, guess what? Thanks to the Power Rangers, my purpose is now vengeance! [unleashes flames upon the Exceeds]

Tor: [shields his team by blocking the flames w/his shield] Hang on, girls!

Invidious: You lucky dog. How come you get to have four lovers, and I can't have one?

Tor: It's simple. Your true love never loved you back. Miyabi, you lead off.

Miyabi: Right! Everybody charge!

[She and the other Exceeds fight Invidious w/their weapons; back at the fight between Gia and Lascher; the two women fight w/their weapons]

Lascher: You're outnumbered, Ranger. Sword-wise.

Gia: [scoffs] You wouldn't know swordsmanship if it jumped up and bit you in the ass!

Lascher: Ooh, the mouth on that Ranger.

Gia: [strikes Lascher w/her Ultra Sword] Ultra Strike!

Lascher: Quantum Cannon!

[She fires her Quantum Cannon at Gia, who narrowly dodges]

Gia: [attaches her Gosei Morpher to her sword and inserts a Ultra Gosei Dynamic card into the morpher] Gosei Ultra Sword, activate! Ultra Strike! FIRE!

[She fires a massive blast from the dome of her sword at Lascher, hitting her; Gia reverts to regular Megaforce mode]

Lascher: [gets back on her feet] You haven't beaten me yet, Yellow Ranger!

Gia: [whips out her key and Legendary Morpher] That's where this baby comes in. [inserts her key into her morpher] Super Mega Mode!

[She turns her key and converts to Super Megaforce Yellow]

Gia: Super Megaforce Yellow!

Gia: You wanted the power of my Ranger Key? I'm gonna give it to you.

[She whips out her Super Mega Saber; she and Lascher fight with their weapons again]

[Back at the fight against Invidious, the Exceeds strike Invidious one by one w/their Blazes]

Invidious: I'm not giving up until I get my revenge!

Miyabi: Guys, let's go into Ranger Mode!

Tor: In honor of Gia,...

[All five whip out their Blaze Phones and touch the Megaforce button on the Ranger app]

Exceeds: Power Ranger Mode: Megaforce! Go go Megaforce!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Megaforce]

Tor: Fury of the dragon! Megaforce Red!

Julie: Flames of the phoenix! Megaforce Pink!

Lilith: Venom of the snake! Megaforce Black!

Miyabi: Claw of the tiger! Megaforce Yellow!

Tomoe: Bite of the shark! Megaforce Blue!

All five: Earth's defenders, never surrender! Power Rangers Megaforce!

[They charge at Invidious w/their Mega Weapons and strike him]

Miyabi: Let's try out the Power Cards!

[She and Lilith each insert a Rockcrush card into their Gosei Morphers]

Miyabi and Lilith: Rockcrush, activate!

[Rocks emerge from the ground in front of them and strike Invidious]

Tor and Julie: [insert Twistornado cards into their Gosei Morphers] Twistornado!

[A transparent whirlwind appears and picks up Invidious, then drops him to the ground]

Tomoe: [inserts a Seashower card] Seashower!

[Jets of water emerge from the ground and spray Invidious; Invidious coughs]

Invidious: You think it's over?! I doubt that!

Tor: [inserts a Sky Dynamic card into his Dragon Sword] We'll see! Ladies?!

[The girls join hands in front of Tor; Tor jumps up, and the girls launch him into the sky]

Tor: Dragon Sword, Sky Strike!

[He strikes Invidious w/his sword]

[The Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Invidious: [unleashes a massive burst of flames at the Exceeds] You fools can't destroy me that way!

[Miyabi blocks the blast w/her lance, but takes a light burn on her left cheek]

Miyabi: [winces] Damn!

Tomoe: You okay, Miyabi?

Miyabi: Don't worry. A little burn won't stop me.

Invidious: No, but this will!

[He charges at Miyabi and is about to strike her w/his flaming claws, when Miyabi, like a tiger, strikes him in the throat with a tiger mouth strike, pushing him back]

Tomoe: That's the tiger mouth!

Miyabi: Miss Gia taught me that move. [touches the Specialty Move app on her phone] Exceeds, join hands!

[The other Exceeds join hands in front of her; Miyabi jumps up, and the others launch her into the sky as she raises her lance]

Miyabi: [spins her lance like a drill] Crystal Drill Spin!

[She dives down toward Invidious and strikes him through the chest w/her lance; Invidious screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Back at Gia's fight with Lascher, Gia fires her Super Mega Blaster at Lascher, who narrowly dodges]

Gia: Okay, Lascher. You wanna surrender, or do you want some more?

Lascher: Isaac Westcott wants that key! I plan on bringing it to him in one piece!

Gia: [whips out an MMPR Yellow Ranger Key] Guess you want more. [inserts the key into her morpher] Legendary Ranger Mode: Mighty Morphin! It's Morphin Time!

[She morphs into the Yellow Mighty Morphin Ranger]

Gia: [whips out her Power Daggers] Power Daggers!

[She strikes Lascher w/her daggers, then whips out her Blade Blaster and fires it at Lascher, hitting her]

Gia: [inserts a Yellow Alien Ranger Key] Powers of Aquitar, activate! It's Morphin Time!

[She morphs into the Yellow Alien Ranger and rapidly strikes Lascher repeatedly w/her sword]

Gia: [inserts a Yellow Zeo Ranger Key] Time to harness the power of the Zeo Crystal! It's Morphin Time!

[She morphs into the Yellow Zeo Ranger and fires a blast from her Zeo Laser Pistol at Lascher, hitting her; she then strikes her w/her double clubs]

Gia: [inserts a Yellow Turbo Ranger Key] Shift into Turbo!

[She morphs into the Yellow Turbo Ranger and swiftly strikes Lascher w/her Star Chargers]

Gia: Let's rocket!

[She morphs into the Yellow Space Ranger and fires blasts from her Satellite Stunner at Lascher, who fires her Quantum Cannon at Gia; both blasts collide and result in an explosion; after the smoke clears, Gia is nowhere in sight, and Lascher is still standing]

Lascher: Hmm. Easier than I thought.

Gia: Go galactic!

[She pops up from underground as the Yellow Lost Galaxy Ranger and strikes Lascher in the back w/her Quasar Saber]

Lascher: You little bitch!

Gia: [inserts a Yellow Lightspeed Rescue Ranger Key] Lightspeed Rescue!

[She morphs into the Yellow Lightspeed Rescue Ranger and fires blasts from her Rescue Blaster at Lascher, hitting her]

Gia: [inserts a Yellow Time Force Ranger Key] Time for Time Force!

[She morphs into the Yellow Time Force Ranger and fires a blast from her Vector Weapon at Lascher, hitting her, then strikes her w/her Chrono Sabers]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Wild Force Ranger] Wild Access!

[She soars toward Lascher like an eagle and strikes her w/her Golden Eagle Sword]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Ninja Storm Ranger] Ninja Storm, Ranger Form!

[She strikes Lascher repeatedly w/her Ninja Sword]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Dino Thunder Ranger] Dino Thunder, power up!

[She strikes Lascher w/her Ptera Grips]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow SPD Ranger] SPD Emergency!

[She fires a blast from her Deltamax Striker at Lascher, hitting her]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Mystic Force Ranger] Magical Source, Mystic Force!

[She strikes Lascher repeatedly w/her Magi Staff]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Operation Overdrive Ranger] Overdrive, accelerate!

[She strikes Lascher w/her Drive Claws]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Jungle Fury Ranger] Jungle Beast, spirit unleashed!

[She strikes Lascher w/her Jungle Bo]

Gia: [morphs into RPM Ranger Yellow] RPM, get in gear!

[She strikes Lascher w/her Rail Saber, then w/her Zip Charger]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Samurai Ranger] Go go Samurai!

[She strikes Lascher w/her Spin Sword]

Gia: [morphs into the Yellow Ninja Steel Ranger] Ninja Spin!

Lascher: Where the hell did you get that power?!

Gia: Simple. New Rangers means new keys. [strikes Lascher w/her Ninja Star Blade] Take this, Lascher!

[She then fires a blast from her Ninja Blaster at Lascher, hitting her, then morphs back into Super Megaforce Yellow]

Miyabi: Wow! Every Yellow Ranger!

Gia: [sighs] That was pretty taxing, having to use every Yellow Ranger Key I had. [to the Exceeds] When this is over, lunch is on me.

Lascher: That is, if you can survive this!

[She maximizes the power of her Quantum Cannon and fires a massive blast at Gia and the Exceeds]

Gia: [inserts the Yellow Squadron Key into her Legendary Morpher] Legendary Squadron Mode, activate!

[She converts to Squadron Mode]

Gia: [focuses ki into the palms of her hands] Legendary Final Strike!

[She fires a ball of energy at the Quantum Cannon's blast, repelling it; the energy ball then flies into the cannon; the cannon electrifies and explodes]

Lascher: No! My cannon!

Gia: [reverts to Super Mega Mode] Speaking of cannons,... Super Mega Cannon!

[The Super Mega Cannon appears in her hands]

Gia: You guys wanna join in? [hands the Exceeds each a Yellow Ranger Key] Here!

[The Exceeds each insert a key into the cannon:]

Julie: Mighty Morphin Yellow!

Tomoe: Zeo Yellow!

Lilith: Ninja Steel Yellow!

Miyabi: Megaforce Yellow!

Tor: [inserts the Super Megaforce Yellow Key into the back slot] Super Megaforce Yellow!

[The cannon charges up; all six hold onto it tightly]

Lascher: I won't let you win!

[In a fit of rage, she charges at the gang w/her swords]

Tor: Ready!

Gia: Aim!

Gia and all five Exceeds: Super Mega Blast!

[The cannon fires a massive yellow blast in the shape of a bowsprit at Lascher, hitting her hard and vaporizing her swords; Lascher screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Lascher, her unit and dog tag destroyed, lies out cold on the ground; ESU enters and arrests her just as the bomb squad enters the hospital]

Gia: Crystal Exceeds,...

Miyabi: Super Megaforce Yellow,...

Gia and Miyabi: [hi-five] That's a super mega win!

[Suddenly, the Giga Beam appears from the sky and revives and enlarges Invidious]

Invidious: Haven't you forgotten about me?!

Tomoe: Jeez! Doesn't that guy ever give in?

Gia: [whips out her Legendary Morpher and inputs code 5-5-0-1] This calls for my team's Zords.

[The Super Mega Skyship appears in the sky]

Tor: Cool! We'd better join in.

Exceeds: Blaze Borgs, assemble!

[The Blaze Borgs charge into the scene]

Gia: [grabs onto a rope and climbs into the Skyship] I'll form the Megazord. You guys distract him!

Exceeds: [touch the "combine" button on the Blaze Borg app on their phones] Blaze Borgs, combine!

[The Blaze Borgs combine to form the Exceed Blaze King; the Exceeds jump into the cockpit]

Exceeds: Exceed Blaze King, ready!

Invidious: [as he fights the Exceed Blaze King] This machine is impressive, but it's no match for me!

Tor: All right. We're gonna need the Crystal Javelin for this.

[The Crystal Javelin appears in the Exceed Blaze King's hands; it fights Invidious with it]

Invidious: You can't scare me with that cheap stick!

[Suddenly, the Legendary Megazord dives down from above]

[Cut to the cockpit with Gia at the wheel]

Gia: Good thing Gosei and Tensou had our Zords repaired after the battle with the Armada in case something like this should happen. Super Mega Cannon, fire!

[Outside, the Legendary Megazord's cannon emerges from its chest and fires a cannonball at Invidious]

Gia: Look out below!

[Invidious gets struck in the head with the cannonball just after the Exceed Blaze King steps back]

Invidious: [looks up] The Legendary Megazord! Not again!

[Cut to the Blaze King's cockpit]

Julie: Thanks, Gia!

Gia: [through intercom] Don't mention it, Exceeds.

[Outside, Invidious burns with rage]

Invidious: I'll make you pay for that, Yellow Ranger, no matter what it takes!

[He unleashes a massive burst of flames upon the Megazord]

[Cut to the Megazord's cockpit]

Gia: [whips out the Lightspeed Rescue Key] Hey, Exceeds, wanna check out the Megazord's Lightspeed Rescue powers?

[She inserts the key into the main slot and turns it; outside, the Megazord's hatches open, revealing chemical extinguishers]

Gia: Lightspeed Victory Splash!

[The Megazord sprays Invidious w/its extinguishers, putting out his flames]

Invidious: All those flames for nothing?!

Gia: Legendary Megazord sabers, ignite!

[In a fashion similar to the Lightspeed Megazord's finisher, the Legendary Megazord draws out a glowing corona with its sabers, then slashes through it in an X formation, striking Invidious; Invidious screams]

[Cut back to the Megazord's cockpit]

Gia: [inserts the Jungle Fury key] Animal Spirits, Full Fury!

[Outside, the Jungle Fury Animal Spirits emerge from the Megazord's hatches and strike Invidious hard]

[Cut back to the Blaze King's cockpit]

Miyabi: Let's see the Exceed Blaze King master a Megaforce move.

[She touches the Gosei Great Megazord button on the Ranger app of her phone]

Exceeds: Mechazords, emerge!

[The Power Rangers Megaforce theme is heard in the background]

[Outside, the heads of the Megaforce Mechazords emerge from the chests of each Blaze Borg of the Exceed Blaze King: Dragon, Phoenix, Snake, Tiger, and Shark]

Exceeds: Multi-Zord Attack!

[The Blaze King launches the Mechazords at Invidious, hitting him]

[Cut back to the Megazord's cockpit]

Gia: You kids sure know how to make a tutor proud. Super Mega Star Burst!

[Outside, the Legendary Megazord fires multiple blasts from its cannon at Invidious, hitting him hard]

[Cut back to the Blaze King's cockpit]

Miyabi: Let's end this!

Exceeds: Exceed souls, unite!

[Their souls unite with the Crystal Javelin, empowering it]

Exceeds: Crystal Javelin Lukifer Slash! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Exceed Blaze King slashes Invidious hard with the Crystal Javelin; Invidious screams]

Invidious: Forgive me, Levira! I have failed you again!

[He falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Exceeds: Exceeds together, Exceeds forever!

[Both combined machines nod at each other, then bump fists]

[All costumed heroes jump out of the cockpits; Gia reverts to regular Megaforce mode]

Gia: Congratulations, Exceeds.

Miyabi: We never would've beaten Lascher or Invidious without you, Miss Gia.

Gia: You're the ones who saved my life. I should be thanking you.

[She and Miyabi shake hands; all six revert to normal]

Tomoe: Hey, Gia, you mind explaining the Squadron Mode you used to shield us from Lascher's cannon?

Gia: [looks at her Squadron Key] Oh, this? When Gosei gave us our Legendary Morphers and Ranger Keys, he also gave us keys that belonged to Rangers from other planets or dimensions. [holds up other New Mode Ranger Keys] Other modes include Blitz, Prism, Lightning, Battalion, Supersonic, the works.

Tor: Makes sense to me.

Miyabi: But why did you skip Dino Charge when you went all-Yellow against Lascher?

Gia: Well, obviously, there was no Yellow Ranger on that team, and I'd look totally silly to break a pattern.

[The gang laughs]

[Back at the Nickar, Savage is furious]

Savage: Those Exceeds may have won this battle, but the war will only end on our terms. And we'll make doubly sure with the data we've collected, and then some. [clenches his fist] Rest well while you can.

[132 Madison Street, 5:55pm]

[Tomoe hands an orange belt to Julie]

Tomoe: Congratulations, Julie. And the final belt presentation of the day goes to... Miyabi Hotaka. Please approach the front.

[Miyabi steps up to Tomoe, who hands her a yellow belt]

Tomoe: You have demonstrated your dedication to the art, Miyabi. It is my pleasure to promote you to the rank of yellow belt. You've earned it. I'm very proud of you.

Miyabi: Thank you, Tomoe.

[They embrace; Tor, Julie, Lilith, Sarah, and Gia approach them]

Tor: I knew you'd do it, Miyabi.

Miyabi: Thanks. Especially to you, Miss Gia.

Gia: There's no need for thanks, Miyabi. You just needed to prove to yourself that you could do it.

Miyabi: I promise, I'll keep practicing hard, and one day, I'll catch up to the rest of you in martial arts. And I won't forget the day we've had with you, Gia.

Tor: We'd like to treat you to dinner tonight.

Gia: I'd be happy to. My flight back home doesn't leave 'til 9:00 tomorrow morning.

[They all enter their room as they continue chatting]

[FINAL NOTE:
Kendra Lascher was tried and convicted of attempted murder in the first degree, attempted arson in the first degree, and kidnapping in the first degree. She was sentenced to 50 years to life imprisonment in Bedford Hills Correctional Facility. She suddenly succumbed to the after-effects of her Super Cyber Demon Gear unit and died after serving three weeks in confinement.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tor: All of a sudden, Tomoe's running non-stop?

Julie: On top of that, we've been frozen.

Miyabi: A Demonoid designed to look like traffic signals?

Lilith: And where did this Blue Ranger come from?

Tomoe: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Blue Streak. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (8/21/2020 2:21 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera