ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2018 11:56 pm  #1

Side-Fic 295: Cutting Ties

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Tor: Remember, everyone, as you watch the show, make sure your room is brightly lit, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On board the Nickar, Roget presents a new Demonoid who wields an axe]

Roget: Master Westcott, I give you Mattock. His axe is programmed with only one purpose: To shatter relationships.

Mattock: Thanks to my X-ray vision, I can actually see the bonds.

Westcott: I suggest you test your axe on the Crystal Exceeds. They're so close together, it sickens me. I want you to pit the Exceeds against one another until they kill each other.

Mattock: It'd be my pleasure, boss! I'm all over it!

[He vanishes]

Roget: To your victory, Master Westcott, and the end of ACME Crime Net!

[Orchard Beach, Pelham Bay Park, Saturday, July 27th, 10:32am]

[Tor, Julie, and Lilith splash each other in the waters; all the while, Tomoe, resting on a beach chair, checks her e-mails, missed calls, and texts on her Blaze Phone; Miyabi watches from the chair beside her]

Tomoe: Nothing.

Miyabi: What's wrong, Tomoe?

Tomoe: I was hoping my mom would've contacted me. It's not like her to forget her own daughter's birthday.

Miyabi: That's a shame.

Tomoe: Shame? Even the others don't remember my birthday. Well, at least except you, Miyabi.

Miyabi: You seem so calm about that.

Tomoe: Them remembering my birthday-- With everything that's been going on lately, it's okay if they don't remember.

Tor: Tomoe! Miyabi! You girls up for some surfing?

Tomoe: Come on, Miyabi. We didn't come to the beach for nothing, you know.

[A bit later, over the course of two minutes, one by one, each Exceed is shown surfing; Tomoe suddenly wipes out and washes ashore; Tor helps her up]

Tor: You okay, Tomoe?

Tomoe: Yeah, I'm fine. I hope someone caught that on video.

[The others shake their heads "no", except Lilith, who is looking around for her phone]

Lilith: Where is that bloody phone? Oh, don't tell me the winds blew it to the ground.

[Everyone helps look around; suddenly, unknown to anyone, Mattock appears behind them and chops Tor's bonds with the others, then Lilith's, then Julie's, then sneaks away]

Tor: You know something, Lilith, you waste a lot of time on that phone of yours. You're better off without it.

Julie: You're one to talk, Tor. Whatever. I gotta go.

[She and Tor are about to leave]

Lilith: Hey! What about my phone?! I can't transform without it!

Tor: You lost it, so you find it!

Lilith: Fine! [to Tomoe and Miyabi] You two are no help, either.

[Mattock sneaks up behind Tomoe and Miyabi and is about to chop Tomoe's bonds, when Miyabi turns around and notices him]

Miyabi: Blaze on!

[Her lance appears; she pushes Mattock back with it]

Mattock: Busted!

Tomoe: Blaze on!

[Her Blaze appears; she and Miyabi fight Mattock]

Mattock: The two of you alone can't get the better of me: Mattock!

Tomoe: Tor, give us a hand, will you?!

Tor: Not my problem. [leaves]

Lilith: I'm out of here. And by the way, someone owes me a new Blaze Phone. [puts on her shirt] Cheers.

[A flabbergasted Tomoe watches as Julie sticks her tongue out, then follows Tor and Lilith while Miyabi fights Mattock alone; all the while, Lilith's Blaze Phone, halfway buried in the sand, is still recording everything]

Mattock: When I'm through with you, you girls won't have a friend in the world! Cyber Demonitron, get them!

[An army of Cyber Demonitron appears before Tomoe and Miyabi]

Tomoe: We can take you on even without the others!

Miyabi: Let's go!

[She and Tomoe fight the Cyber Demonitron; in the midst of the fight, Mattock sneaks up behind Miyabi and raises his axe]

Mattock: Your turn, boob-zilla!

[But as he tries to chop Miyabi's bonds, his axe shatters to pieces]

Mattock: Hey! You broke it! [disappears] I'm outta here!

[The two Exceeds have finished off the Cyber Demonitron]

Miyabi: That's the last of 'em.

Tomoe: Yeah, but somehow, that Demonoid made Tor and the others forget that we're friends.

[Miyabi suddenly finds Lilith's phone and grabs it]

Miyabi: Hey, Tomoe, look. Lilith's phone. It recorded everything. [stops the recording]

Tomoe: Good girl. Come on. We gotta find 'em.

[132 Madison Street, 11:04am]

[In the kitchen, Tor, Julie, and Lilith are trying to make meat patties]

Lilith: Julie, put in some extra garlic salt.

Julie: Nej! It needs more Worcestershire sauce.

Tor: It's got enough of those as is. [adds bread crumbs to the mixture] What it really needs is more bread crumbs! [adds a pinch of cayenne pepper] And a little cayenne pepper.

Lilith: A single dash with so many bread crumbs? Might as well add the whole thing!

[She pries the top off the cayenne pepper shaker and dumps everything into the mixture]

Tor: Oh, no, you didn't!

[He grabs an egg and cracks it on Lilith's head; Julie laughs]

Lilith: You think this is funny?!

[She grabs a container of evaporated milk and splashes it on Julie's face; a food fight erupts between the three; Tomoe and Miyabi enter with Tsukimi; Tsukimi whistles loudly; the food fight stops]

Tsukimi: What the hell is wrong with you three?!

Tomoe: Like I said, Miss Tsukimi, they can't stand each other.

Tsukimi: Hit the showers, and report to the lab immediately afterwards. Understood?!

Tor, Julie, and Lilith: Yes, ma'am.

[Later, in the lab, the gang is gathered (Tor, Julie, and Lilith are now cleaned up)]

Tomoe: Don't you guys get it? That Demonoid said that we wouldn't have a friend in the world when he's done.

Tsukimi: Somehow, he's broken your relationships. He's trying to pit you against one another.

Miyabi: And it's working. So far.

Lilith: [scoffs] That Demonoid had nothing to do with it.

Julie: Some friendships just don't last.

Miyabi: I don't believe that. We've been friends for over three years now. Our bonds have been strong.

Tomoe: Mm-hmm. And just maybe, we can rebuild those bonds. Let's take it to the roof.

[Cut to the roof; the Exceeds are playing tug of war; Tor, Julie, and Lilith are on one end, and Tomoe, Miyabi, and Tsukimi are on the other]

Miyabi: Good friends use teamwork. Ready, set, TUG!

[They all proceed to tug, but Tor, Julie, and Lilith's combined grip is too loose; the other team pulls them past the white line]

Lilith: B*llocks! I refuse to participate in a game where I risk chipping a nail.

Tor: I could've won this on my own. Those three just got lucky.

Tsukimi: Jeez. They're worse off than I thought.

[Cut back to the lab; Tomoe shows video footage of the gang surfing on the beach on her laptop (copied from Lilith's phone)]

Tomoe: A good reminder of what good friends we are, courtesy of Lilith's phone.

Miyabi: Quite fun, wasn't it?

Tor: More like a sunburn.

[Lilith hands Tsukimi her Blaze Phone]

Lilith: Miss Tsukimi, I wish you the best against Eva, but give my Blaze Phone to an Exceed who can stand that pair of pests. [sets off] I'm on the first bus to JFK.

[Tor and Julie hand Tsukimi their Blaze Phones]

Tor: [follows her] Welcome to the club. [to Tomoe] Oh, and keep my SUV for all I care.

Julie: [follows them both] I'm with you, for once.

Tomoe: Guys, you can't! If our team breaks up, Westcott wins!

Tor: Not our problem.

[He and the other two exit the lab]

Miyabi: Tor...

[She starts tearing up]

Miyabi: [clenches her fist] That Demonoid's gonna pay for what he did to my Tor.

[Tsukimi suddenly notices the Sigma Crystal blinking]

Tsukimi: The Sigma Crystal!

[Using the main computer, she runs a scan on the crystal]

Tsukimi: As I feared.

Tomoe: What's happened?

Tsukimi: When you first became the Crystal Exceeds, your souls became linked to the Morphing Grid and the Sigma Crystal. Because Tor, Julie, and Lilith's bonds were broken, the energy from their souls has been thrown off-balance. If their bonds aren't repaired within an hour, their connections to the Sigma Crystal will break, and they'll cease to be the Crystal Exceeds.

[Tomoe and Miyabi slump to the chairs in dismay]

Tomoe: As if I didn't have enough to deal with already.

[She checks her phone for any new messages; none]

Tomoe: [quietly] Worst birthday ever.

[She suddenly takes a glimpse at the video at the point where Mattock's axe broke when he tried to cut Miyabi's bonds]

Tomoe: Hey, wait a minute. Guys, check this out.

[The three girls walk up to the laptop to get a closer look; Tomoe runs the video back a few seconds, then pauses at the point where the axe has broken]

Tomoe: Why did the Demonoid's axe break when he tried to cut Miyabi's bonds?

Tsukimi: Because her loyalty to the team was much too strong.

Miyabi: Since my first year at Kouryou Academy, I'd been trying to grow stronger to keep up with you and the others, Tomoe.

[She has flashbacks of all the hardships she had been through since her first year at the academy]

[Back to the present]

Miyabi: And since our post-graduation vacation, we all became a family. My love for you guys-- It's forever.

[Tomoe and Tsukimi smile shyly]

Tomoe: If only there was a way to reverse the effect on the others. Maybe if we got a piece of that axe, we could make an antidote.

Tsukimi: But now that Mattock knows he can't cut Miyabi's bonds, he's not taking anymore chances.

[Tomoe thinks for a moment, until she gets a brainstorm]

Tomoe: I think I may know a way.

[Back at the Nickar, Roget hands Mattock his fully-repaired axe]

Roget: Here you are, Mattock. All fixed and ready to go.

Mattock: Thank you, sir.

Roget: But remember, there's no material in this universe that can cut a bond as strong as Exceed Topaz's. Don't try to cut them, or this axe will break again. Because if you do, I won't repair it.

Mattock: Relax, boss. Once I snip Exceed Cobalt, Topaz will be all alone and easy pickings.

Roget: If you screw this up, I'll snip you. See that you don't. Now, go!

Mattock: Yes, sir! [vanishes]

Westcott: [approaches] I'll send Ewan and Owen to make sure he doesn't screw up. My reward to you for your ingenious plan.

Roget: You will not regret this, my master. I swear it.

[132 Madison Street, 11:25am]

[On top of the roof of the warehouse, Tomoe and Miyabi, as Crystal Exceeds, sit on a bench]

Miyabi: I'm sorry about your birthday, Tomoe.

Tomoe: Thanks, Miyabi, but right now, I'm just worried about how to get the others back to normal.

[Appearing right behind them is Mattock, who laughs quietly]

Tomoe: At least I still have you, partner.

[She and Miyabi hold hands]

[Mattock uses his X-ray vision to view the bonds of each Exceed; he sets his eyes on Exceed Cobalt's]

Mattock: So long, Exceed Cobalt.

[He raises his axe and prepares to cut the bonds, but his axe breaks again]

Mattock: What?! How the hell did--?!

[The two Exceeds get up and turn to Mattock]

Tomoe: This is how!

[She and Miyabi remove their helmets; they actually switched suits]

Mattock: You played me like a fool!

Tomoe: [grabs a piece of the axe] We knew that you knew how strong Miyabi's bonds were, so we decided the best way to trick you was to switch our suits.

Miyabi: And we're just getting started.

[They retroform, then hand each other back their phones, then head back downstairs]

Mattock: Hey! That's mine!

[Owen and Ewan appear]

Mattock: You're too late, fellas. I've been had.

Owen: Didn't Roget tell you not to snip Exceed Topaz?!

Ewan: Come on. They're sure to make an antidote and catch up with the others.

[Owen looks down at the garage; Tomoe, Miyabi, and Tsukimi rush into Tor's SUV with a machine and the Sigma Crystal]

Owen: We have to tail them at once!

[Inside the SUV, Tomoe turns on the GPS of her phone, hooks it up to the car, and gets the nearest route to Port Authority Bus Terminal; all the while, in the back, Tsukimi conducts an antidote with the piece of Mattock's axe Tomoe acquired; Miyabi inspects the Sigma Crystal]

Tomoe: How's the crystal, Miyabi? Time's running out!

Miyabi: It's getting worse!

Tsukimi: How much longer till we reach the bus station, Tomoe?

Tomoe: Half an hour, tops.

[Port Authority Bus Terminal, 11:53am]

[Tor, Julie, Lilith, and Sarah, suitcases on hand, sit in the waiting area]

Sarah: The bus to JFK should be here any minute, milady. But are you sure you want to go back to London?

Lilith: Anywhere, as long as I get away from those peons.

[Tor fumes as he looks out the window]

[Back on the road, the SUV nears the bus terminal; inside, Tsukimi has finished the antidote; she quickly pours it into a spray bottle and closes it, then hands it to Miyabi]

Tsukimi: The antidote's ready, girls.

Tomoe: And just in time. We're right in front of the bus station.

[Miyabi notices the others coming out of the terminal and about to board the bus to JFK]

Miyabi: They're gonna board the bus! Pull over!

[Tomoe pulls over; she and Miyabi rush out of the SUV and toward the others]

Miyabi: Sorry, guys, but this is for your own good.

[She sprays the antidote on Tor, Julie, and Lilith, restoring their bonds just before they and Sarah can get on the bus; the trio falls to their knees just as the bus leaves]

Tor: What happened? [looks around] And what the hell are we doing at a bus station?!

[Miyabi looks at the Sigma Crystal, which starts glowing brightly again]

Miyabi: The antidote worked! We did it!

[She and Tomoe hi-five]

Julie: Why did we treat each other like enemies?

Miyabi: The Demonoid Mattock-- He did it. He cut your relationship bonds. The only reason I wasn't affected was because my bonds were too strong. That's how we were able to come up with this antidote to reverse the effects.

Tomoe: [hands the three back their Blaze Phones] And thank God we did in the nick of time, or your lives as Crystal Exceeds would've ended.

[Suddenly, Owen, Ewan, and Mattock enter the scene with another army of Cyber Demonitron]

Owen: They'll end now, anyway!

Mattock: I'll teach you to trick me!

Lilith: Sarah, take our baggage and get into the SUV. You'll be safe there.

Sarah: At once, milady.

[She takes everyone's suitcases and rushes to the SUV]

All five Exceeds: Blaze Morph!

[They all get suited up]

Tor: Blaze of courage! Exceed Ruby!

Julie: Blaze of speed! Exceed Amethyst!

Tomoe: Blaze of knowledge! Exceed Cobalt!

Miyabi: Blaze of strength! Exceed Topaz!

Lilith: Blaze of stealth! Exceed Emerald!

Tomoe: In the name of Kouryou Academy, justice will be done!

Miyabi: Kouryou Squadron...!

All five: Crystal Exceeds!

[A multicolored explosion is shown behind them]

Exceeds: Blaze Busters!

[They whip out their Blaze Busters and fire at the villains, hitting them; they then attach their Blaze Phones to their Blaze Busters and touch the Wild Force button on the Ranger app]

Exceeds: Wild Force formation! FIRE!

[They fire a blast in the form of the five Wild Zords at the villains, hitting them]

Owen: Get them!

[He and his army charge at the Exceeds]

Exceeds: [re-holster their Blaze Busters and get equipped with their Blazes] Blaze on!

[They charge at the villains and fight them rigorously over the next few minutes]

Mattock: [fights Tomoe and Miyabi w/what's left of his axe] My axe can do just as well against you in this state!

Tomoe: [strikes Mattock w/her kusarigama] But it won't cut our bonds!

Mattock: But it can at least cut you!

[Miyabi strikes him w/her lance]

Miyabi: Thinking what I'm thinking, partner?

Tomoe: You bet.

[They each touch the Megaforce app on their phones]

Tomoe and Miyabi: Power Ranger Mode: Megaforce! Go, go Megaforce!

[They morph into Megaforce Blue and Yellow, then whip out their Legendary Morphers and Ranger Keys]

Tomoe and Miyabi: Super Mega Mode!

[They insert their keys into the morphers and convert to Super Mega Mode, then whip out their Super Mega Sabers; they fight Mattock with them]

[All the while, Tor fights Owen and Ewan while Julie and Lilith fight the Cyber Demonitron]

Ewan: You really think one Exceed stands a chance against two Super Cyber Demon Gear soldiers?

Tor: [touches the Lightspeed Rescue button on the Ranger app of his phone] Lightspeed Rescue!

[He morphs into Lightspeed Rescue Red]

Tor: [whips out his V-Lancer] V-Lancer!

[He strikes Owen and Ewan with his V-Lancer]

Tor: I don't wanna kill you two, but you're not leaving me much of a choice!

Owen: We're not the Mathers family we used to be. Not anymore!

Ewan: So you'd better get off our backs if you know what's good for you!

[After demolishing the Cyber Demonitron, Julie and Lilith rush to Tor's rescue]

Julie: We're coming, Tor!

Lilith: [fires bullets at the Mathers] Leave my lover alone!

[The Mathers get stuck in the back]

Owen: [turns to Lilith] You!

[He and Ewan fire their Quantum Cannons at Julie and Lilith]

Julie and Lilith: [touch the Alien Ranger button on the Ranger app of their phones] Powers of Aquitar, activate! It's Morphin Time!

[They morph into the Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers (White and Black, respectively) and swiftly dodge the blast; they then strike the Mathers w/their Aquitian Sabers]

Tor: Thanks, girls. Let's take 'em out!

[The two girls whip out their Aquitian Lasers]

Tor: [attaches a blaster grip to his V-Lancer] This is for your own good, fellas.

Tor, Julie, and Lilith: FIRE!

[They fire their weapons at the Mathers, hitting them both]

Owen: We'll get you next time. Let's go, Ewan.

Ewan: Finish them, Mattock!

[He and Owen vanish]

Tor: Now for Mattock.

Tomoe: No need, Tor! Miyabi and I have this handled!

[She and Miyabi fire their Super Mega Blasters at Mattock, who blocks each blast with his axe]

Mattock: Nice try.

Miyabi: Then how about this? Tomoe, your blaster.

[She swaps her Super Mega Saber for Tomoe's blaster, then stands behind her]

Tomoe and Miyabi: [as their sabers glow blue] Super Mega final strike, charge! Super Mega Saber Blast!

[Miyabi fires her blasters at Mattock; in stereo, Tomoe swings her sabers, firing a blade of energy at Mattock; both blasts combine and strike Mattock hard; Tomoe and Miyabi revert to their Crystal Exceed forms]

Mattock: [groans] You bitches! I was this close to beating you! Why?!

Tomoe: Let's not answer his question and finish him off!

Miyabi: Right!

Tomoe and Miyabi: Blaze on!

[Their Blaze weapons appear; Miyabi jumps up and gets behind Mattock as he charges at Tomoe]

Mattock: Give up while you can, Tachibana!

Tomoe: [swings the dagger point of her kusarigama] Tachibana-style... CRYSTAL SNAKE!

[She tosses the dagger point at Mattock; the chain attached to the dagger spirals like a snake, and an image of a rainbow-colored snake appears]

Miyabi: [spins her lance like a drill] Crystal Drill Spin!

[She charges at Mattock and strikes him through the chest w/her lance just as the snake strikes him; Mattock screams and engulfs in an explosion; Miyabi rejoins Tomoe]

Tomoe: Nice work, partner!

Miyabi: Back at ya, partner!

[They hi-five]

[Suddenly, the Giga Beam blasts the unconscious Mattock from the sky and restores and enlarges him]

Mattock: [laughs] Maybe now would be a good time to summon your Blaze Borgs!

Tomoe: Might as well. Blaze Borgs, assemble!

[The Blaze Borgs charge into the scene]

Tomoe: Let's give him a taste of Blaze power!

[Their Blaze Borgs fight Mattock as they copy the Crystal Exceeds' every movement; after about a minute, Mattock backs away a bit]

Mattock: [as he gains extra armor and a buzzsaw-mounted left arm] With this new upgrade, I can demolish all five of you!

[His buzzsaw spins]

Mattock: Mind if I cut in?

[He strikes Blaze Borgs Emerald and Amethyst w/his buzzsaw; on the ground, Lilith and Julie get knocked to the ground]

Tor: I'll avenge you girls!

[He leaps up; Blaze Borg Ruby leaps at Mattock, who slashes at the Blaze Borg's chest; he lifts it up]

Mattock: [spins Blaze Borg Ruby over his shoulders] Around and around and around we go!

[Back on the ground, Tor is spun around in mid-air]

Tor: Let go of my Borg, you barbarian! NOW!

Mattock: Where we stop, you'll never know!

[He tosses Blaze Borg Ruby at Blaze Borgs Emerald and Amethyst, slamming into them directly; in the process, Tor gets slammed into Lilith and Julie]

Lilith: Are you okay, Tor?

Tor: I think so.

Tomoe: It's up to us now, Miyabi!

Miyabi: Let's go!

Tor: Be strong!

[Blaze Borgs Cobalt and Topaz fight Mattock; Mattock kicks Blaze Borg Cobalt to the ground and knocks Topaz back w/its buzzsaw; on the ground, Miyabi stumbles to the ground chest first]

Tomoe: This is for my team!

[She throws swift kicks and punches; her Blaze Borg does the same and strikes Mattock in the process; Mattock grabs ahold of Blaze Borg Cobalt]

Mattock: [holds Cobalt at buzzsaw point] Any last words before I cut your head off?

[Back on the ground, Tomoe struggles to free herself and her Blaze Borg]

Tomoe: You goddamn Demonoid! You and your bosses won't get away with this! On the sacred oath of Kouryou Academy and the Tachibana family, I swear to you, you will not!

[She jumps up and spins herself around; Blaze Borg Cobalt does the same to set itself free and kick Mattock to the ground]

Tomoe: Now the tables have turned!

[The others join her]

Mattock: Why must I always be played for a fool?!

Exceeds: Blaze Borgs, combine!

[The Blaze Borgs combine to form the Exceed Blaze King; the Exceeds jump into the cockpit]

Exceeds: Exceed souls, unite!

[Outside, the Exceed Blaze King gets equipped with its Crystal Javelin, empowered by the Exceeds' souls]

Exceeds: Crystal Javelin Lukifer Slash! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Exceed Blaze King slashes Mattock hard with the Crystal Javelin, severing the chip in his left wrist; Mattock screams]

Mattock: Cut me some slack, Exceeds!

[He falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Tomoe: Exceeds together, Exceeds forever!

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott watches as LN whips Roget]

LN: Another Demonoid, another failure, and it's all on you!

Roget: Please forgive me, Lady LN! I swear, I'll do better in the future! But please know that Mattock clearly disobeyed me when I told him not to cut Exceed Topaz!

LN: Silence! This is why I can't trust humans to work with Demonoids.

Westcott: Is there no one I can count on to defeat those obnoxious Exceeds? Well, at least we got more data. Not much, but it helps. And when are those Kaleido Gladiators ever going to return? I can't keep the remains of the Treacherous Ten in storage for long.

[132 Madison Street, 7:13pm]

[In the Exceeds' room, Tomoe wakes up from her nap, stretches, and yawns; she checks her Blaze Phone for messages, but finds nothing]

Tomoe: Well, at least we got the job done. That's what's important. Better see about getting dinner ready.

[As she comes out of the room, the other five Exceeds and Sarah set off party poppers]

Tor, Julie, Miyabi, Lilith, Tsukimi, and Sarah: Happy birthday, Tomoe!

Tomoe: [surprised] What?! Guys, I thought you forgot!

Tor: No way! We've actually been planning since the day after my birthday.

[They approach the dining table, where there is a large cake (w/blue frosting) and cupcakes galore; on another table is an array of gifts]

Tomoe: Miyabi, you knew about the surprise the whole time?

Miyabi: Sorry. They told me to keep this party a secret.

Tomoe: No, don't be. This is amazing! You guys are the best! [sighs] I just wish my family back home were here, too.

Sarah: [hands Tomoe an envelope] Ask and ye shall receive, Miss Tomoe. This came in the mail for you today, and just in time, too.

[Tomoe opens the envelope and extracts a greeting card with a birthday-themed shrine charm]

Tomoe: A charm! [opens the card and reads from it] "Happy birthday to our beloved Exceed. We all miss you heaps. Hope Tor Kokonoe is taking good care of you. Give him my best regards. And think of the family when you look at the charm. All my love, Mom." She remembered.

Tor: Even miles apart, your family is always in your heart, and you're always in theirs. And ours, too.

Tomoe: [in tears] I love you, Tor.

[She and Tor embrace]

Tomoe: I love you so much.

Tor: I love you, too, Tomoe.

Miyabi: We all do.

Tomoe: Miyabi...

[She and Miyabi embrace]

Tsukimi: [lights the candles on the cake] Everyone ready for the cake?

Tomoe: You bet I am.

Lilith: 1, 2, 3!

Tor, Julie, Miyabi, Lilith, Tsukimi, and Sarah: [sing] Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday, dear Tomoe.
Happy birthday to you!

Julie: Go ahead and make a wish.

[Tomoe thinks about her wish for a moment, then blows out the candles]

Tor: [removes the candles] Okay, everyone. Who wants cake?

[They all chatter as Tor cuts the cake]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tor: Hold on a minute. Why take Lyft to the bus station when we could've taken it all the way to the airport? It just doesn't make sense.

Lilith: Saves us a lot of money, time, and trouble.

Julie: It makes perfect sense.

Miyabi: Besides, we always wanted to check out the bus station.

Tomoe: Anyway, I checked the script for the next episode. Our first camping trip since moving to America.

Tor: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Camping Trip. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (5/07/2023 3:45 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera