ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2018 5:18 pm  #1

Side-Fic 297: Dame

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Lilith: Good day, everyone. As you watch today's show, make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not too close to the monitor. Let's go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On board the Nickar, all Demonoids are gathered]

Westcott: Demonoids, the Crystal Exceeds have foiled our plans more than enough. Now that the Kaleido Gladiators are back and the Spirit Soldiers are becoming more active, especially with that little traitor by their side, our best bet is to launch a full-scale assault on the city. But first, LN, get to the brig and release the remaining members of the Treacherous Ten.

LN: Yes, sir. Delta, Epsilon, come.

[She and her fellow generals enter the brig, then come out with the deactivated Treacherous Seven: Tomahawk, Myaza, Demoth, Serpentia, Scorch, Fearbat, and Talon]

LN: [opens an app on her tablet and reactivates the Treacherous Seven's programming] Reboot, engage!

[The Treacherous Seven reactivate]

Tomahawk: About time. Master Westcott, what have you been up to while we were out of commission?

Westcott: All our enemies remain at large, long story short. Now, are you all ready for our mass assault on New York City?

Myaza: Always ready, master.

Westcott: Roget, I need you to remain here with Argon, Delta, and Epsilon to man the sub. The rest of you, let's go.

[He vanishes, taking LN, Owen, Ewan, and the Treacherous Seven with him]

[132 Madison Street, Friday, August 2nd, 11:44am]

[The Exceeds come out of the warehouse with Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, Mia, Anna, Zuzu, Pamela, Eris' group, and Shido's group and look up at the sky; there is a fleet of ArgoStar Fighters approaching and attacking]

Sora: Great. It hasn't been that long since we got back from Cape Mery, and already, we have to deal with a full-scale assault?

Layla: It's like Armageddon.

Tor: Maybe worse. Still, we have to counteract all of the Demonoids' forces with whatever we've got.

[Hunter, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and the Chipmunks enter]

Hunter: And that includes the Spider Riders!

Shido: Hey, Hunter! Glad you're back! [shakes hands with Hunter]

Hunter: 'Sup, Shido?

Corona: How was your vacation, Layla?

Layla: It was fine, Corona, but I'm glad to be back home and fight evil again.

Alvin: So, Tor, what have you been up to while we were gone?

Tor: We'll talk about it later, Alvin. Right now, we've got Demonoids to take care of.

Eris: Everybody, suit up!

Hunter: Shadow!

Corona: Venus!

Aqune: Portia!

Lumen: Ebony!

Sparkle: Hotarla!

Simon: Flame!

Theodore: Brutus!

Alvin: Dagger!

All eight: Spider out!

[Out of their manacles come their Battle Spiders]

Hunter, Corona, Aqune, Lumen, Sparkle, and the Chipmunks: Arachna Power!

[They all get suited up]

Layla: Gladiators, ready?!

Sora: Ready!

Rosetta: Ready!

Marion: Ready!

May: Ready!

Brittany: Ready!

Mia: Ready!

Anna: Ready!

Zuzu: Ready!

Pamela: Ready!

All 10: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up]

Eris: Cosmo Pendants!

Eris, Kio, Aoi, Manami, and Antonia: Ready!

All five: [raise their pendants] Cosmo Power!

[They all get suited up]

Exceeds: [whip out their Blaze Phones and touch the transformation app] Blaze Morph!

[They all get suited up]

Shido and all 11 Spirits: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up]

[The Spider Riders jump onto their Battle Spiders' backs; the Gladiators jump onto their Kaleido Cycles; the Exceeds jump onto their Blaze Cycles; the Spirit Soldiers jump onto their Sephira Cycles]

Mana: [joins Shido on his Sephira Cycle] What about the Cosmo Cats? Don't they have their own vehicles?

Eris: No problem. We'll just take my ship.

[Her ship approaches; the Cosmo Cats board; a monitor on the dashboard opens five channels to different areas: Westcott and LN are attacking Greenwich Village; Owen and Ewan are attacking Roosevelt Island; Savage is attacking NoHo; two new Demonoids are attacking Stuyvesant Square; the Treacherous Seven are attacking Randalls Island; Eris checks the monitor]

Eris: Okay, guys. Here's what we're gonna do. My team will battle Owen and Ewan on Roosevelt Island. Spider Riders, intercept Savage at NoHo. Crystal Exceeds, those two Demonoids in Stuyvesant Square are all yours. Gladiators, the Treacherous Ten-- I mean, Seven, are your responsibility on Randalls Island. Spirit Soldiers, your job is to head to Greenwich Village and do battle with Westcott and LN.

Shido: We're ready, Eris.

Layla: Here we go!

Hunter: Let's ride!

[Everyone rides off to their assigned locations]

[Greenwich Village, 11:55am]

[The Spirit Soldiers and Mana charge into the scene on their cycles and surround Westcott and LN on all sides]

Shido: Westcott! We've got you surrounded!

Westcott: [sighs] And I thought we'd end things peacefully.

LN: Cyber Demonitron, attack!

[An army of Cyber Demonitron appears and charges at the Spirit Soldiers; the Spirit Soldiers fire lasers from their cycles at the Cyber Demonitron, hitting them; they jump off their cycles and fight the Cyber Demoniton]

Mana: [gets equipped w/her CR-Unit] Vánagandr!

[She joins the Spirit Soldiers in the fight: LN charges into the fight w/her sword]

Origami: Leave this one to me.

[She fights LN rigorously]

Westcott: You're mine, Itsuka!

[He charges at Shido]

Shido: Sephira Spear!

[His Sephira Spear appears]

Shido: We meet again!

Westcott: I lost to you once. I won't lose again!

[His blade appears mounted on his right arm; he and Shido fight w/their weapons]

Shido: A sick bastard like you doesn't deserve a second chance after all you did before.

Westcott: Silence!

[He strikes Shido w/his blade]

Westcott: Prescott Vorstein gave me this second chance, and I won't waste it!

Shido: And yet, you were still ungrateful to him when you blatantly set him up to be arrested.

Westcott: I had to get him out of the way, or he'd get his own way. [scoffs] Why bother boring you with these details?

[He fires missiles from his chest at Shido, who jumps up to dodge them all]

Shido: [fires blasts from his Spirit Pistol] Fire!

[Westcott blocks each blast w/his blade]

[Back at Origami's fight with LN, Origami fires blasts from her pistol at LN, who dodges and fires her lasers at Origami]

Mana: Master Sergeant Tobiichi!

[She intercepts the lasers w/her laser sword]

LN: The traitor!

Mana: Surprised to see me again, Ellen?

LN: I told you before, my name is LN, and I'm a Demonoid! Don't address me as some bitch!

[Mana strikes LN w/the mechanical jaw on her left arm, prying LN's right arm off]

LN: [snatches her arm back and reattaches it] There's a price to be paid for your betrayal.

[She raises her sword]

Mana: Go ahead. But Elliot won't be happy.

[LN suddenly stops in her tracks]

Ellen: [inside LN] Elliot... That's right. Elliot Baldwin Woodman. I can't let my Demonoid side maintain control!

[LN clutches her head in pain and falls to her knees]

Natsumi: What's happening to LN?

Nia: Looks like she's got a headache or something.

Tohka: Or maybe that's Ellen trying to snap out of it.

LN: I'm not Ellen! I'm...! [groans]

[In the midst of his fight with Shido, Westcott notices LN]

Westcott: LN, ignore what they said! You're a Demonoid! A Demonoid! A Demonoid!

[LN soon gets back on her feet]

LN: Yes. I'm a Demonoid. I fight to destroy!

[She strikes the other 11 Spirit Soldiers and Mana w/her sword]

LN: I don't know where this "Elliot" term came from, but it sounds gross. Sorry, but I'm not interested in reminiscing.

[She fires more lasers at the girls, but Tohka intercepts, then charges at LN w/her Spirit Saber]

Tohka: Then you don't leave me a choice!

[She and LN fight w/their swords]

LN: Foolish Princess! I won't abandon my mission!

[Meanwhile, on Roosevelt Island, the Cosmo Cats fight Owen and Ewan; the two Mathers fire their Quantum Cannons at the Cosmo Cats, who narrowly dodge; Manami fires blasts from her Cosmo Revolver at Ewan as Aoi fires from her Cosmo Bazooka at Owen; both Mathers dodge, until Kio and Antonia strike them w/their weapons]

Eris: [strikes the Mathers w/her Cosmo Hammer] There you go!

Owen: [whips out his swords] Cosmo Cats, we'll make you wish you stayed on holiday!

Ewan: [whips out his swords] Your man goes first!

[They charge at Kio; Kio intercepts w/his Cosmo Blade]

Kio: You two need to stop! You're not meant to work for the Demonoids! You're human!

Eris: Kio, the Exceeds tried that already. Westcott's hold on them is too strong.

Kio: We have to at least get through to 'em, Eris.

[The Mathers punch Kio in the gut, knocking him to the ground]

Kio: Time for the Five-Star Finish!

[Aoi and Manami stand either side of Eris, with Antonia kneeling in between Aoi and Eris, and Kio kneeling between Eris and Manami; all five Cosmo Cats activate the jewels on their chests; they unleash laser beams that form the constellation Cassiopeia]

Cosmo Cats: Five-Star Finish! Cassiopeia!

[They fire Cassiopeia upon the Mathers, who shield themselves w/their plasma shields and absorb the blasts]

Ewan: It's hopeless. We're invincible!

Eris: Cassiopeia didn't even scratch them!

Antonia: We probably didn't put enough into it.

Aoi: Even so, we gotta keep fighting. Even if we have to kill them.

[They charge at the Mathers' again]

[Meanwhile, at NoHo, the Spider Riders fight Savage]

Savage: For my brother!

[He unleashes flames upon the Spider Riders, hitting them]

Hunter: What the Demonoids did to you and Temper is unforgivable. Believe me. But if we have to kill you to stop you from destroying the city, we have no choice.

Corona: Besides, even before you became Westcott's slave, you were still a mercenary.

Savage: Back then, I was only in it for the money. But the moment you killed my brother, it was the last straw.

Lumen: [charges at Savage] You should be taking it out on Westcott! Not us! Blade of Light!

[He strikes Savage w/his blade]

Savage: I won't betray my master!

Lumen: He experimented on Temper and deliberately drove him to his death.

Savage: Fool!

[He kicks Lumen to the ground]

Sparkle: Big brother!

Savage: You're next, princess.

Sparkle: [swings her weapon] Not if I bop you first!

[She strikes Savage repeatedly w/her weapon]

Alvin: Bros, time to test out our new specialty move.

Simon and Theodore: Right!

[The Chipmunks and their Battle Spiders triangulate positions around Savage]

Chipmunks: Battle Spiders, Triad Formation!

[Flame and Brutus fire their webs at Savage's arms, clutching them; Dagger fires his webs at Savage's neck, strangling him; Savage struggles to free himself]

Hunter: Cool move, Al!

Alvin: That's just part 1, Hunter. Okay, bros! Strike!

[He and his brothers, balancing on the webs, raise their glowing weapons as they charge at Savage]

Chipmunks: Triple Strike!

[They strike Savage w/their weapons]

Aqune: That was amazing! Now let's try one of our new moves. Sis?

[She tosses her sword to Corona]

Corona: Right!

[She places the sword across the middle of her bow and pulls it back]

Corona and Aqune: Oracle's Archery!

[Corona shoots the glowing sword at Savage, striking him through the chest; Aqune pulls her sword out and strikes Savage with it]

Aqune: See? Even when we're not in Super Mode, we can kick some ass!

Savage: [breaks free from the webs] Oh, that's just dandy. But that won't beat me!

Hunter: Oh, we'll see.

[Meanwhile, on Randalls Island, while KaleidoBorgs 7-9 fight off the ArgoStar Fighters, Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, and Pamela fight the Treacherous Seven]

Tomahawk: At last, we finally meet again!

Layla: You can't expect us to stay out of your sight forever, can you?

Myaza: We'll succeed where our fallen comrades failed!

Sora: The only thing you'll ever succeed in is failing miserably!

Demoth: After that two-week tune-up, I'd say otherwise!

Rosetta: Just as you grew stronger in our absence, so have we!

Serpentia: Even if you weren't lying, our power is greater than yours!

Marion: Far from it. Just ask the three you lost!

Scorch: They only lost because of their own foolishness. But we won't!

May: You sound like a broken record when you say that!

Fearbat: You got lucky against the other three. It'd be wise not to mess with the rest of us, especially since we're far more powerful than the others were!

Brittany: You may be, but evil never triumphs!

Talon: The Demonoids will change that!

Pamela: Not if we destroy you first!

All seven: [input codes on their Kaleido Boosters] 9-1-6! Gladiator Animals, arise!

[Their Gladiator Animals appear and strike the Treacherous Seven, then take to the sky and assist KB7, KB8, and KB9 in striking down the last of the ArgoStars]

Mia: Nice work, guys!

Anna: ACME: 1, Demonoids: Nothing!

Zuzu: Now for those seven creeps down there.

[The three Gladiators jump out of their KaleidoBorgs and join the others]

Layla: You think you've got what it takes to defeat us? Well, you're wrong, as usual. Let's combine our weapons!

[All 10 Gladiators combine their weapons to from the Kaleido Enforcer]

Gladiators: Kaleido Enforcer!

[They point it at the Treacherous Seven]

Treacherous Seven: Pyro Pikes, Inferno Fury!

[They unleash a massive burst of flames from their pikes at the Gladiators]

Gladiators: FIRE!

[The Kaleido Enforcer fires a massive blast of 10 colors (in the shape of a 10-pointed star) at the Treacherous Seven's blast; both blasts collide, then explode, pushing everyone back]

Tomahawk: Fall back, team! Maybe the Gladiators aren't as weak as we thought they were. Report back to the Nickar at once!

Myaza: Yes, ma'am!

[The seven Demonoids vanish]

Layla: Good work, girls. Now, let's catch up to the others.

[They fly away]

[Meanwhile, at Stuyvesant Square, the Crystal Exceeds fight two new Demonoids: Dusioid and Nephilimech]

Nephilimech: Dusioid, take care of the Casanova in red! I'll take care of the girls.

Dusioid: Anything for a pal, Nephilimech!

[While he fights Tor, Nephilimech fights the female Exceeds]

Tor: [shields himself from Dusioid''s punches] You're a strong Demonoid, but then again, you're no different than the other Demonoids.

Dusioid : Oh, please. With every failure comes a stronger Demonoid.

Tor: Crystal Katana!

[His katana appears; he strikes Dusioid back with it]

[The female Exceeds each strike Nephilimech w/their weapons]

Tor: Time to call on our Ranger powers!

Exceeds: [touch the Ranger app on their phones] Power Ranger Mode: Lightspeed Rescue! [touch the Lightspeed Rescue button] Lightspeed Rescue!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue]

Tor: Rescue Blasters, baton mode!

[They whip out their Rescue Blasters and convert them to baton mode; they fight the two Demonoids with them over the next minute; afterwards, the two Demonoids unleash a burst of demonic flames at the Ranger-Exceeds, hitting them]

Tor: Rescue Bird, Unilaser Mode!

[The Rescue Bird flies into the scene and converts to Unilaser Mode; Tor grabs it]

Tor: Unilaser, fire!

[The Unilaser fires a blast at the two Demonoids, hitting them]

Exceeds: [each input a code on their Battle Boosters] 5-5-5! Booster Beam!

[They fire beams from their Battle Boosters at the Demonoids, hitting them; the Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Tor: I tell ya, girls, I'm really starting to get bored with the same method of fighting: Weakening the enemy while in Ranger Mode, then beating them with our own weapons.

Dusioid: Bored, eh?

Nephilimech: In that case,...

Both Demonoids: Giga Beam!

[Back at the Nickar, Roget has seen it all]

Roget: You heard them, ladies. Make my Demonoids grow!

Delta: Yes, Mr. Roget.

[She pushes the Giga Beam button; back in the city, the beam hits Dusioid and Nephilimech, enlarging them]

Exceeds: Blaze Borgs, assemble! [raise their Crystal Coins] Summon Blaze Beasts!

[The Blaze Borgs and Blaze Beasts charge into the scene; the Blaze Borgs combine to from the Exceed Blaze King; Tomoe and Miyabi jump into the cockpit; the Blaze Beasts combine to form the Primal Blaze King; Tor, Julie, and Lilith jump into the cockpit]

Tomoe and Miyabi: Exceed Blaze King, ready!

Tor, Julie, and Lilith: Primal Blaze King, ready!

Dusioid: Two five-piece mecha against two strong Demonoids?

Nephilimech: Okay, we'll bite.

[He and Dusioid charge and bite the two mecha on the right arm]

Both Demonoids: Literally!

Tor: Lamest pun I've ever heard.

[The Primal Blaze King shakes Dusioid off its arm as the Exceed Blaze King does the same with Nephilimech]

Dusioid: Nephilimech, you nincompoop!

Nephilimech: Oh, shut up! Let's put the freeze on these Exceeds!

[They unleash a cold blast at the mecha, freezing them both solid]

[Cut to the Exceed Blaze King's cockpit]

Tor: Damn, this is cold!

[Cut to the Primal Blaze King's cockpit]

Tomoe: Summer has gotten hotter nowadays, but this is so not the way I wanted to cool down!

[Cut back outside]

Dusioid: Okay, partner! Time for the icing on the cake!

[He and Nephilimech fire missiles at the mecha, hitting them]

Tor: Any ideas on how to melt the ice?

Tomoe: Unfortunately, our phones are frozen, too. We can't use any Ranger abilities.

Lilith: Then I suppose it's finally happened. Westcott has sent Demonoids that we couldn't defeat.

Dusioid: Well, Crystal Exceeds, it's been fun. But alas, all good things must end.

Nephilimech: Fare thee well.

[They prepare to fire more missiles, when suddenly, the MechaPhoenix bursts in and strikes them with its flaming wings]

[Cut to the cockpit with Layla]

Layla: It's a good thing we happened to jump into the neighborhood.

[Cut back outside]

Tor: [from the Primal Blaze King] Layla!

Julie: But where are the other Gladiators?

[The Super Star Borg, the Ivory Star Borg, and the MechaSwan fly into the scene]

Miyabi: What luck!

Layla: Exceeds, hang on. Phoenix Heat!

[The MechaPhoenix releases a wave of heat from its wings, melting the ice all over the Blaze Kings; the Blaze Kings get back on their feet]

Tor: Thanks, Gladiators. Now, let's finish 'em off!

All Exceeds: Exceed Souls, unite!

[The Crystal Javelin appears in the Exceed Blaze King's hands; the Primal Katana appears in the Primal Blaze King's hands]

Layla and Sora: Mega Star Borg, initiate!

[The MechaPhoenix and MechaSwan combine with the Super Star Borg to form the Mega Star Borg]

All 10 Gladiators: Quadruple Knuckle Strike!

[The Star Borgs' fists glow; they fly toward Nephilimech and strike him with their fists, sending him flying and screaming; Nephilimech hits the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Tor, Julie, and Lilith: Crystal Javelin, Lukifer Slash!

Tomoe and Miyabi: Primal Katana, Primal Slash!

All five: FINAL ATTACK!

[The two mecha strike Dusioid hard w/their weapons; Dusioid screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Julie: And that's checkmate.

Tor: Come on, guys. The others need us.

[All mecha head out]

[Back on Roosevelt Island, the Cosmo Cats are overwhelmed by Owen and Ewan]

Owen: I knew it. You five are weaklings.

Eris: Don't ever call us that. We just ran into rotten luck.

Ewan: Just give up. You've lost.

Eris: Cosmo Cats, let's rock and roll!

[The Cosmo Cats roar like their respective feline and charge at Owen and Ewan]

Cosmo Cats: Feline Frenzy!

[They pounce and strike Owen and Ewan with their claws]

Ewan: A mere second wind won't save you.

Kio: Oh, yeah?!

[He strikes the Mathers w/his Cosmo Blade]

Owen: We have to regroup. If we use up too much power, these units will kill us.

Ewan: Good point, Dad. We'll meet again, Cosmo Cats!

[They transport out]

Eris: Back to the ship, guys. We gotta help the Spirit Soldiers!

[They rush to Eris' ship]

[Back at NoHo, Hunter fights Savage]

Hunter: I know your brother's death left you in despair, but you should know that he killed one of your fellow henchmen who paid you for one of your robots.

Savage: Under Prescott Vorstein's orders. But I don't work for that skinflint anymore. Westcott is my master now, and my loyalty is to him alone! He promised me the chance to take down the trash that killed my brother!

Simon: Gee. Westcott sure did a number on Savage's memory. Completely ignoring the fact that Westcott drove Temper to his death.

Alvin: Since nothing we do will make him see the light, there's no choice. Hunter, it's time to go Super!

Hunter: Right!

[He and Shadow join the others]

All eight riders: Arachna Super Power!

[They merge with their Battle Spiders]

Hunter: Miss this mode, Savage?

Savage: Never did, and I never will, once I'm rid of you! Demonic Rage!

[His body glows red and he unleashes a mass of demonic flares at the Spider Riders]

Spider Riders: Super Spider Cannon!

[The Super Spider Cannon appears; the riders insert their Spider Cells]

Spider Riders: FIRE!!

[The Super Spider Cannon fires a blast at Savage's blast; both blasts collide and explode, pushing everyone back]

Savage: [growls] I'll get you next time, Spider Riders! [vanishes] Count on it!

Hunter: [to his manacle] Layla, do you copy? Savage has retreated.

Layla: Well done, Hunter. The rest of us are on our way to the Spirit Soldiers' location.

Hunter: We'll meet you there, pronto. Over and out. Super Spider Racers, mobilize!

Alvin: Flash Formosa, mobilize!

[The Super Spider Racers and Flash Formosa enter the scene; the Spider Riders jump into their respective mecha's cockpits and drive off]

[Back at Greenwich Village, the fight between the Spirit Soldiers and the team of Westcott and LN continues; Shido jumps up and dodges Westcott's missiles, then kicks him in the chest]

Shido: You haven't changed, Westcott. At least not on the inside. Once a traitor, always a traitor.

Westcott: My powers as a Demonoid may not be as much as my Spirit of Origin powers were back then, but they can still be deadly. And it should be more than enough to make the world my own to recreate.

Shido: You shouldn't take your anger out on the whole world, just because a group of cowards burned your village down.

Westcott: This whole world is full of cowards. That's why they rejected my people.

Shido: Wrong! They never rejected your people because of their abilities. They rejected you, because you let your quest for power blind you. What happened to your village was indeed tragic, but to kill over 150,000,000 innocents and perform inhumane experiments on young girls to turn into your own disposable soldiers? Including my sister?! You're way beyond the point of forgiveness! The only coward around here is you!

[Mana has overheard Shido's speech]

Westcott: Pretty strong words, boy. But my mind is made up. [charges at Shido w/his blade] Prepare to die!

[Suddenly, Mana intercepts w/her laser sword]

Westcott: Hmm. Adeptus-2. Or should I say, Little Miss Traitor?

Mana: You're one to talk.

[She punches Westcott in the face]

Westcott: I gave you a home at DEM. You lived a great life.

Mana: Where I lived was no home. And you reduced my lifespan. My place is with my big brother, and that's final!

Westcott: Well, it doesn't make any difference. I monitored your last fight and saw that you can't maintain a CR-Unit for more than one minute a day. That's the price you pay for regaining your lost lifespan.

Mana: One minute is all it takes for me to rip you apart!

[She flips Westcott on his back and holds him at sword point]

LN: [charges into the fight] Hold it right there, Takamiya!

[She is about to strike Mana, when Shido intercepts w/his spear]

Shido: You do not take another step!

LN: No one touches my master!

Shido and Mana: Back off!

[They kick LN back]

Shido: This is where it ends, Westcott!

[He raises his spear]

Westcott: Yes, indeed. Initiating now.

[His eyes glow red; he engulfs in a massive explosion, sending Shido and Mana flying; they land on the ground and collapse, reverting to normal]

LN: Master!

Tohka: Shido! Mana!

Kotori: Bro!

[After the smoke clears, Westcott is in pieces; his computer chips are still intact; Westcott quickly reassembles]

Westcott: [laughs] I always knew I'd test out my Kamikaze Firestorm one day, even if it only works once every 24 hours. Now your leader and the traitor are history.

Shido: [struggles to get back on his feet and grabs his spear] Not even close, Westcott. It's not over yet.

Mana: [weakly grabs her brother by the ankle] Don't, Brother. You don't have enough strength. Let the others handle it.

Shido: After what he did to you, I'd never forgive myself if I weren't the one who beat him.

Origami: Shido, conserve your energy.

Kotori: We can handle him!

Shido: I can at least land one more hit.

Mukuro: Husband, please don't!

Kurumi: Shido!

[Westcott approaches Shido and grabs him by the neck]

Westcott: Alas, your poor attempts to stop me will only destroy you.

[He tosses Shido to the ground]

Westcott: Any last words?

[Suddenly, the sound of mechanical thumping is heard; Westcott and LN look up and see Eris' ship, the Super Spider Caesar (Ninja Formation), the Mega Star Borg, the Ivory Star Borg, and the Blaze Kings staring them down]

LN: Great. Company.

[The Super Spider Riders, Kaleido Gladiators, Cosmo Cats, and Crystal Exceeds jump out of the cockpits]

Hunter: Your fleet's history, Westcott.

Tor: Ready to throw in the towel?

Westcott: [growls] All 28 of them. I should've known. LN, fall back.

LN: Rats! Until we meet again, Spirit Soldiers.

[She and Westcott vanish; everyone reverts to normal]

Brittany: [helps Shido up] Shido, are you all right?

Shido: I'm good, Brittany. Thanks. Mana, how 'bout you?

Mana: [barely gets back up] I'll be fine. But I'm also kinda hungry.

Eris: We came as fast as we could when we heard the explosion.

Tohka: Westcott tried to kill Shido and Mana when he blew himself up.

Simon: Of course! He knew with at least one computer chip intact, he'd reassemble after the explosion.

Origami: But it only works once every 24 hours.

Hunter: Well, at least we got another invasion out of the way. C'mon, let's do lunch.

[All 41 exit the area]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott and LN are being recharged, along with Owen and Ewan's Super Cyber Demon Gear units; Owen, Ewan, Savage, Delta, Epsilon, Roget, and the Treacherous Seven are gathered on the bridge]

Savage: So, Roget, your Demonoids failed to destroy the Crystal Exceeds, eh?

Roget: You're one to talk, failing to destroy the Spider Riders on whom you so desperately wanted your revenge.

Delta: [points at Owen and Ewan] And you two-- Couldn't even muster those weakling Cosmo Cats?

Epsilon: Maybe we should've let you stay AWOL.

Tomahawk: You think you got it bad? Those Gladiators really put up a strong fight against us when we fought them.

Owen: Let's face it. This invasion was an utter failure.

Westcott: Because we underestimated ACME's defenses. We've got the whole day to come up with another plan. Right now, we need to recharge. All of us.

[A beep is heard]

P.A.: Incoming transmission. Do you accept?

Westcott: Yes.

[The transmission comes from Captain Omen]

Omen: Master Westcott, I regret that your invasion of New York ended in failure.

Westcott: I take it you have a plan of your own in mind?

Omen: While you're on your little break, I'll send these three out to finish the job.

[He turns attention to three demons: Falkar,...]

[Thunderon,...]

[...and Demonite]

Demonite: I am Demonite, loyal follower to the demon Diabolico.

Falkar: I am Falkar.

Thunderon: And I am Thunderon.

Omen: I resurrected them from the Shadow World to help out against the Crystal Exceeds.

Westcott: Now those are my kind of henchmen. You've done it again, Omen. Send them out at once.

Omen: At once, master!

[The transmission ends]

[132 Madison Street, 12:01pm]

[In the lab, Origami inspects Mana with a scanner]

Shido: How is she, Origami?

Origami: Her health is still in good shape, aside from those small bruises and burns she took from Westcott's Kamikaze Firestorm, which will heal. Unfortunately, the blast short-circuited her Wizard ability. Not only is it limited to only one minute every 24 hours, but its power supply has dropped, like an overcharged battery on an iPod.

Kotori: At this rate, Mana, we'll have to analyze your powers to see if they can be restored to you permanently, without reducing your lifespan again. At this point, they could fail, and you'd be left defenseless.

Origami: That said, Mana, do you still wish to remain a Wizard?

Mana: Yes, even if it's only for a while. Because I have a lot to atone for.

[Shido frowns and has flashbacks of all that Mana had been through]

Shido: [in his mind] The moment Mana loses her powers, Westcott will come for her and make her his disposable slave again. I don't wanna lose her again.

Tohka: Shido, what's wrong?

Shido: [snaps out of it] Hmm? Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.

[Mana looks on at Shido]

Mana: Brother...

[In the Exceeds' room, the Exceeds have lunch]

Tor: Those two Demonoids were pretty brutal.

Julie: They almost froze us to death, even when we used both Blaze Kings against them.

Tomoe: Apparently, now that all five teams are back, Westcott is taking no chances with just one Demonoid.

Miyabi: And what about Captain Omen, Harry, and Eva? Who knows what they'll send against us?

Lilith: Hard to know, Miyabi.

[A knock is heard coming from the window; Lilith pulls back the curtains to reveal an elderly woman waving to her]

Lilith: Grandma?!

Elaine: Surprise!

Lilith: Wait right there.

[She heads out of the room and out the front door; she runs up to her grandmother and embraces her]

Elaine: My dear Lilith.

Lilith: Grandma, it's so good to see you!

[Noah Higgenbottom approaches]

Noah: How about me, my betrothed?

Lilith: Oh. Hello, Noah.

Noah: Mind if we come in?

Lilith: Might as well.

[She leads her grandmother and Noah into the warehouse; her fellow Exceeds await in the center of the warehouse, along with the rest of the gang]

Lilith: Everybody, this is my grandmother: Dame Elaine Bristol.

Elaine: Wonderful to meet you all.

[She approaches the other four Exceeds and Tsukimi]

Lilith: Grandma, these are my friends from Kouryou Academy. Julie Sigtuna, Tomoe Tachibana, Miyabi Hotaka, and Tor Kokonoe.

Tor: Pleasure to meet you, ma'am.

[He holds out his hand to Elaine]

Elaine: So you're the Irregular I hear tell about.

Tor: That's right.

Elaine: A pleasure.

[She turns to Lilith]

Elaine: I got your e-mail yesterday. The one about you rejecting the marriage I'd arranged for you.

[Noah approaches]

Noah: She told me everything. [turns to the other Exceeds] Noah Higgenbottom, heir to the Higgenbottom conglomerate.

Tor: [in his mind] So this is that Noah character Lilith told me about the other night.

Elaine: Lilith, why did you reject Noah?

Lilith: Because I don't want to marry just to make our families richer. I want to marry for love.

Elaine: Darling, this young man is perfect for you.

Lilith: Perfect to make us more money, but not perfect to satisfy me. Besides, I already have the perfect man.

[She turns her grandmother's attention to Tor]

Tor: [embarrassed] Guilty.

Elaine: This boy?

Noah: You have got to be kidding. I mean, sure, he's a high-level Exceed, but he's already got a Duo partner. What makes--

Lilith: I gave up on trying to make him my Duo partner during my first year, Noah. Instead, he's going to be my husband.

Elaine: Surely, you've gone crackers. Besides, why is he surrounded by three other girls and a woman wearing rabbit ears?

Tsukimi: It's a harem thing.

Lilith: My former teacher, Rito Tsukimi.

Elaine: [shakes hands with Tsukimi] Miss Tsukimi, a pleasure.

Tsukimi: Pleasure's all mine, ma'am.

Noah: More to the point, how can you choose this lowborn when you've got a man who can give you what you deserve? I know all the right people who can help. Women adore me, and of course, I'm charming. I even made the cover of Insider, twice. Not to mention--

Tomoe: All right, Noah, we get it! You're rich!

Tor: The point is, Lilith won't marry you, because she doesn't like you.

Noah: [scoffs] And what do you know?

Tor: She only saw you once before, and not even half a year ago. But she and I go back three years.

Noah: Of course you have. But her grandmother and my father had arranged this marriage 15 years ago.

Elaine: I wanted to wait until after her graduation to tell her.

Lilith: Grandma, I'm sorry, but I just can't marry Noah.

Elaine: Well, seeing as the wedding isn't until November, I'll give you three months to reconsider. [heads out] But do keep in mind that you're making a mistake.

Noah: I'll meet you shortly. [turns to Tor] As for you, Kokonoe, do keep my future bride in check. Or it's your arse. [notices Layla's legs] Damn fine legs you've got there, Golden Phoenix. Years of acrobatics can really pay off. But your angel friend from Kaleido Stage-- The one that replaced you-- Has she gained weight over the years?

Layla: Excuse me? What did you just say?

Noah: Her bust. Nothing more.

Lilith: Noah, do leave immediately.

Noah: I'm just saying that the so-called Kaleido Star needs to work on her build.

Lilith: [points at the door] Don't make me say it again!

Noah: [scoffs] Fine. Ta-ta, all.

[He leaves; Theodore blows a raspberry at him]

Alvin: Theodore! Show some respect! Noah can't help that he's snobby and perverted and obnoxious and rotten... [grows more furious] ...and ruthless and misogynistic, and...!

Simon: Alvin! Easy!

Alvin: [pants heavily; calms down] Okay, Theo, you can razz him.

[Theodore raspberries at Noah again; Layla fumes]

Layla: Pervert.

Sora: Tell me about it. Noah has no right to sexually harass you about your legs.

Layla: That, I can deal with. But when he insults you over your build, he's crossed the line.

Lilith: I neglected to mention that Noah has a penchant for being a pervert. Forgive me.

Layla: I don't blame you, Lilith. And I'm with the other Exceeds on this one. Noah's the wrong man for you.

Pamela: He's the wrong man for anyone. And he's a gold digger.

Lilith: If only I could make Grandma understand.

[The alarm blares; Kotori comes up from the lab]

Kotori: There's three monsters attacking Teardrop Park.

Tor: We'll keep 'em occupied, Kotori. Let's go, ladies.

[He, Julie, Tomoe, Miyabi, and Lilith set off]

[Teardrop Park, 12:11pm]

[The three demons terrorize innocent civilians]

Demonite: Just like old times, eh, Falkar?

Falkar: No kidding, Demonite. Thunderon?

Thunderon: This takes me back to when we attacked Mariner Bay.

[Demonite looks up in the sky]

Demonite: Hey, fellas, look! Up in the sky!

Falkar: Probably just a bunch of birds.

Thunderon: Or planes.

[The Crystal Exceeds, flying their Blaze Cycles, dive down toward the demons]

Tor: Wrong!

Exceeds: Cycle Strike!

[All five strike the demons w/their cycles and safely land]

Demonite: It's the Crystal Exceeds!

Falkar: Just like Captain Omen described.

Thunderon: And easy pickings.

Tomoe: Demonite, Falkar, Thunderon, you obviously haven't learned a thing since Mariner Bay.

Thunderon: How does she know our names?

Tor: That's for us to know and you never to find out.

Exceeds: Blaze on!

[Their Blaze weapons appear]

Demonite: I'll take the one with the gun.

Falkar: Leave Topaz and Cobalt to me.

Thunderon: I've got shield boy and Omen's sworn enemy.

All three: Charge!

[They all charge at their assigned opponents; Tor and Julie intercept Thunderon w/their weapons]

Julie: He picked the wrong girl to deal with, just like you did!

Tor: I suggest you give up and go back to the Shadow World where you came from!

Thunderon: Not until I avenge Diabolico!

[He punches the two Exceeds w/his spiked gauntlets]

Tomoe: [wraps the chain of her kusarigama around Falkar's neck] It's no surprise you'd choke, just like before!

Falkar: [growls and pulls free] You make the worst puns!

[He sticks his staff to the ground and strikes Tomoe and Miyabi w/a spinning kick]

Falkar: Just thought I'd take my specialty move out for a little spin.

Tomoe: Now who makes the worst puns?

Miyabi: Let me at him, Tomoe!

[She and Falkar fight w/their weapons]

Falkar: That's a pretty heavy weapon for someone of your build.

Miyabi: Haven't I heard enough cracks about one's build today?!

[Demonite tries to strike Lilith w/his sword, but she intercepts w/her rifle]

Demonite: Not too fond of swords, I see.

Lilith: Not that guns aren't any better.

[She kicks Demonite]

Demonite: You're right. Except that I'm a demon. You're merely a human!

Lilith: What mere human would teach you to dance like this?

[She fires bullets from her rifle down at Demonite, who narrowly dodges each one]

Demonite: Nice try, lady, but you can't defeat a demon as easily as you can beat a Demonoid robot.

[He fires lasers from his eyes at Lilith]

Lilith: [touches the Turbo button on the Ranger app of her phone] Shift into Turbo!

[She morphs into the Green Turbo Ranger and blocks the blast w/her Turbo Blade; she then strikes Demonite w/her blade]

Lilith: See? I'm just as good with a sword as I am with a gun like this Auto Blaster.

[She fires a blast from her Auto Blaster at Demonite, who blocks with his sword]

Demonite: Not surprised.

Lilith: Then how's this for a surprise? [fires a blast from her Turbo Thunder Cannon] Turbo Thunder Cannon!

[Demonite narrowly dodges the blast, but slips and falls]

Demonite: You're pretty damn lucky. [whips out his Mirror Card] But I've got a few tricks up my sleeve, like this!

[Using the card, he creates a clone of himself with two swords]

Demonite: I'll leave this one to you, clone. I've got a city to pillage.

[He sets off; Lilith, back in Crystal Exceed form, tries to run after him, when the clone intercepts]

Clone Demonite: What my original counterpart says goes.

[Lilith growls as she and the clone Demonite get into a fight all while Lilith tries to follow the real Demonite]

Julie: You go after her, Tor. I'll handle Thunderon from here.

[Tor nods, then runs after Lilith]

Tor: Lilith!

[All the while, just outside the park, Demonite looks around the street and fires lasers at citizens, who flee for their lives; NYPD Highway Patrol officers lead the citizens to safety; in a cab, Elaine and Noah watch the attack]

Cabbie: Damn, that guy's vicious.

Noah: And I thought ACME had five powerful superhero teams. Maybe they're not as useful after all.

Elaine: How dare you! Haven't you forgotten the earlier invasion? I'm sure most of those teams needed some rest.

[She suddenly notices Exceed Emerald and the clone Demonite fighting as they approach the real Demonite]

Elaine: Ahh. See? There's one of the Crystal Exceeds.

Noah: All alone? She doesn't stand a chance.

[Back at the fight, Lilith struggles to get past the clone and to the real Demonite, but the clone strikes her with his right sword]

Lilith: I won't let your counterpart harm all those people!

Clone Demonite: [laughs] Empty words.

Demonite: That's right, clone. Keep her at bay.

Tor: [charges in with his Crystal Katana] Demonite!

[He strikes Demonite in the back w/his katana; Demonite turns around]

Demonite: Exceed Ruby!

Lilith: Tor, keep the real Demonite at bay!

Tor: Right!

[He and Demonite fight]

[Back in the cab, Elaine is impressed]

Elaine: Look at them go!

Noah: That doesn't justify ACME's lack of initiative.

Elaine: Oh, shut up!

[Back at the fight, the two Demonites fire lasers at Tor and Lilith, who intercept w/blasts from their Blaze Busters]

Demonite: You two can try all you want, but you're just a pair of fools!

[He and his clone toss their swords at the two Exceeds, hitting them just before Tor can raise his shield; Tor falls to the ground]

Lilith: Tor!

Tor: Those swords sure are powerful.

Demonite: What do you expect from a demon? Now to finish you!

[He maximizes his laser power and fires at Tor]

Lilith: NO!

[She jumps in front of Tor and takes the blast hard]

Tor: Lilith!

[Lilith hits the ground, smashing her helmet's visor upon impact]

Tor: [struggles to get back on his feet] You bastard! She's been through enough already!

[He grabs his katana and struggles to approach the two Demonites; Lilith struggles to get up and reveals her visor-less helmet; she has cuts close to her eyes; she watches Tor with tears in her eyes]

Lilith: [weakly] Tor...

[Back in the cab, Elaine gets out her binoculars and gets a closer look at the fight; she suddenly recognizes Lilith's eyes from Exceed Emerald's helmet]

Elaine: [horrified] Oh, my God! You go without me! I'm out of here!

[She rushes out of the car]

Noah: Come back here, Dame Bristol! What about the cab fare?!

Cabbie: Ah, you can pay the whole thing yourself.

[Outside, Elaine rushes up to a highway patrol motorcycle]

Cop: Hey! That's my motorcycle!

Elaine: Need to borrow it, officer. I'll bring it back soon. Don't worry.

[She drives the motorcycle toward the park]

Elaine: I hope I'm not too late.

[Back at the fight, Tor struggles to strike Demonite w/his katana]

Demonite: Give up, Exceed Ruby. No way you're gonna beat me in your condition.

Tor: I'll never surrender to a creep like you, Demonite!

Demonite: Clone, put him out of our misery.

Clone Demonite: Roger that.

[He suddenly hears the sound of a motorcycle approaching before he can make a move]

Elaine: Time to show these monsters never to mess with Granny!

[She picks up speed and strikes the two Demonites with the motorcycle, then stops]

Lilith: Grandma?!

Elaine: You stay away from my granddaughter, you devious demons!

Demonite: Foolish old woman. You're only biting off more than you can chew!

Elaine: We'll see about that!

[She snatches one of the clone's swords and strikes the two Demonites with it, then beats them soundly, laughing]

Tor: Damn, look at her go!

Lilith: I never knew she was this capable.

[The other three Exceeds, still fighting Thunderon and Falkar, charge into the scene]

Thunderon: Falkar, look what's happening to Demonite!

Falkar: Beaten senseless by an old woman?!

Miyabi: [conks Falkar in the head with her lance] Watch it, Falkar!

[Falkar faints]

Thunderon: Uh-oh!

Julie: [jumps up and swings her swords in a circular formation] Full Moon Blaze Swing!

[She strikes Thunderon w/her swords; Thunderon faints]

Tomoe: Lilith, isn't that your grandma?

Lilith: Mm-hmm.

Demonite: You crazy hag! Get off me!

[He pushes Elaine back, sending her flying towards the Exceeds]

Lilith: Grandma, no!

[She and Tor catch Elaine just as the Demonites get back on their feet]

Demonite: That'll teach you not to mess with demons.

[Tomoe, Miyabi, and Julie charge at the Demonites and fight them]

Elaine: [sighs with relief] Boy, did that feel good. [gets back on her feet]

Lilith: Grandma, are you all right?

Elaine: Yes, dear. But I must be crazy. All I want to do is help. Instead, I just foul it up.

Lilith: You didn't foul anything up this time. You saved us.

Tor: If it weren't for you, Demonite might've killed me and your granddaughter.

Elaine: And you, Lilith, a Crystal Exceed? One that takes the form of a Power Ranger from time to time?

Lilith: Sometimes I surprise even myself. Listen, you can't tell the rest of the family about it. It's not safe.

Elaine: You have my word. Boy, I must be pretty stupid. Here I was, trying to marry you off to keep our finances up, only to find you have more important duties, especially protecting the whole city. Maybe even the whole planet. And to be perfectly honest, I never liked Noah Higgenbottom, anyway. Can you ever forgive me?

Lilith: Of course I do, Grandma.

[She and her grandmother embrace]

Tor: When we get back to the warehouse, there's a lot we have to fill you in on.

Elaine: You can tell me then, poppets, but right now, your friends need you. You two go on. I'll be fine.

[She heads for a spot a safe distance from the fight]

Tor: Exceeds, let's go Primal!

[The other three join him and Lilith]

Exceeds: [touch the Primal Blaze app on their phones] Primal Blaze Mode, activate!

[They all assume Primal Blaze Mode]

Tor: Primal Blaze of courage! Exceed Ruby!

Julie: Primal Blaze of speed! Exceed Amethyst!

Tomoe: Primal Blaze of knowledge! Exceed Cobalt!

Miyabi: Primal Blaze of strength! Exceed Topaz!

Lilith: Primal Blaze of stealth! Exceed Emerald!

Tor: In the name of Kouryou Academy, justice will be done! Kouryou Squadron...!

All five: Crystal Exceeds, Primal Blaze Mode!

Demonite: Boys, get back up!

[Falkar and Thunderon get back on their feet and join the Demonites]

Julie: [jumps up and soars down toward Thunderon w/her arms spread wide] Eagle Crash!

[She strikes Thunderon w/her swords]

Lilith: [fires five bullets at the two Demonites] Leopard Shot!

[The five bullets take the form of a leopard and strike the Demonites hard]

Miyabi: Bear Lunge!

[She savagely strikes Falkar w/her lance and claw as if she were a bear]

Tomoe: Scorpion Strike!

[She swings the sickle end of her kusarigama and tosses it in the form of a scorpion; the sickle strikes Falkar like it was a scorpion's stinger]

Tor: [as his katana and shield glow] Panther Frenzy!

[He charges at Thunderon like a panther and strikes him w/his weapons]

Tor: You three had enough?

Thunderon: Not even close!

Tor: Then let's take it up a notch.

[He and his fellow Exceeds clink their weapons together; their armor glows]

Exceeds: Primal Charge!

[They unleash a burst of energy in the shape of their animal spirits, which strikes the demons hard; Demonite narrowly dodges the blast, but his clone and fellow demons hit the ground, and an explosion is shown; Demonite's Mirror Card shatters to pieces]

Demonite: Falkar! Thunderon!

Lilith: Now for you, Demonite. This is for what you did to my grandmother! [touches the Primal Enforcer button] Primal Enforcer!

[Her Primal Enforcer appears; she points it and her rifle at Demonite]

Demonite: [charges at Lilith] Prepare to meet your doom, Bristol!

[He is about to strike]

Lilith: Primal Impact!

[She fires blasts from both her firearms at Demonite, hitting him hard; the Exceeds revert to regular Crystal Exceeds]

Demonite: [groans and limps toward the Exceeds] I... cannot... lose... to... you... five... amateurs!

Lilith: Tor?

Tor: Here we go!

[He launches Lilith to the air as she points her glowing rifle at Demonite]

Lilith: Crystal Sky Blast!

[She fires a massive blast from her rifle at Demonite, hitting him hard; Demonite screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Lilith: [lands, then puffs on the barrel of her rifle] The Exception triumphs over evil once again.

Last edited by TVLubber (4/08/2023 5:58 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

12/17/2018 12:03 am  #2

Re: Side-Fic 297: Dame

[Back at the Nickar, the Demonoids have seen it all]

Westcott: Another lucky break for the Crystal Exceeds. Give those demons the Giga Beam, LN.

[LN pushes the Giga Beam button, but nothing happens]

LN: It's not working, sir. It's out of juice. I have to recharge it.

Argon: In the meantime, allow me to enlarge those demons, Master Westcott. In fact, I'll do more than just make them bigger. I'll merge them!

Westcott: Very well, Argon. Do it!

[Argon's third eye glows; back at the park, a red beam from the sky hits the remains of the demons, restoring them, enlarging them, and fusing them into Troika]

Troika: We're back!

Tomoe: They fused! It's Troika!

Troika: That's right. Demonite, Falkar, and Thunderon all rolled into one, but twice as powerful!

[He unleashes energy blasts upon the Exceeds, who narrowly dodge]

Lilith: It's time to call our Blaze Beasts!

Tomoe: Right!

Exceeds: [whip out their Crystal Coins] Crystal Coins, ready! Summon Blaze Beasts!

[The Blaze Beasts appear; they combine to form the Primal Blaze King; the Exceeds jump into the cockpit]

Exceeds: Primal Blaze King, ready!

Troika: If that's supposed to scare me, you're sadly mistaken.

[He and the Primal Blaze King get into a fight; Elaine looks up from down below with admiration]

Elaine: She made the right choice.

[She dials Noah's number on her smartphone]

Noah: Speak.

Elaine: Noah, tell your father the wedding is off.

Noah: What?! But, ma'am, the marriage is our ticket to maintaining our finances.

Elaine: My granddaughter's happiness comes first.

Noah: [growls] Screw you, Bristol! [hangs up]

Elaine: Well, I never. Worse than I thought. [looks up at the fight] Give it to him, Lilith!

[Back at the fight, the Primal Blaze King lands punches with its Primal Pincers against Troika, who continuously counterstrikes with his sword]

Troika: Your measly animal spirits are no match for a three-demon combo. Make it easy on yourselves and surrender. I'll be lenient.

Tor: Like we'd ever trust a demon! [touches the Zeo button on the Ranger app of his phone] Warrior Wheel!

[Outside, the Warrior Wheel appears; it converts to wheel mode; the Primal Blaze King rolls it toward Troika, but Troika kicks it back toward the Primal Blaze King, hitting it hard]

Troika: Amateur move!

[He unleashes another energy blast upon the Primal Blaze King, hitting it hard; the Primal Blaze King hits the ground]

Troika: [laughs] The Crystal Exceeds have fallen, and they can't get up. Diabolico, once I rid this world of these amateurs, I'll make my way to Mariner Bay and destroy the Power Rangers to avenge you!

[Suddenly, a blast from below hits him before he can make another move]

Troika: What?!

[He looks down below, where Chad Lee (Rescue Blaster on hand) stands]

Troika: Speak of the devil!

Chad: It's a good thing I happened to be in town for a surfing competition.

Troika: [laughs] One Ranger is no threat to me.

Chad: [lowers his Rescue Blaster] We'll see. [activates his morpher] Lightspeed Rescue!

[He morphs into the Lightspeed Rescue Blue Ranger]

Tor: It's the Blue Lightspeed Ranger!

Tomoe: But what's he doing here?

Miyabi: I don't know, but I'm not complaining.

[Cut back outside]

Chad: The Crystal Exceeds may not be actual Power Rangers, but like the Rangers, they always fight with all they've got and never give up!

Troika: Well, so do us demons!

[He unleashes energy upon Chad, who narrowly dodges]

Chad: [inputs a code on his Battle Booster] 5-5-5! Booster Beam!

[He fires a beam from his booster at Troika, hitting him]

Chad: Lightspeed Megazord, online!

[The Lightspeed RescueZords emerge; Chad jumps into the cockpit of Aqua Rescue 2; he inserts the handle of his Rescue Blaster into the controls; outside, the RescueZords combine to form the Lightspeed Megazord]

Troika: Impossible! That Megazord was destroyed!

Chad: Or so they told you in the Shadow World. Megazords can be repaired.

Troika: Well, it won't matter. You couldn't defeat any of my counterparts with that hunk of junk alone.

[Cut back to the cockpit of the Primal Blaze King]

Tomoe: I wish we could help him, but the Primal Blaze King's too badly damaged. Troika's blasts were really strong.

Lilith: We have to send for the Exceed Blaze King.

Tor: As if we have a choice. Blaze Borgs, assemble!

[Outside, the Blaze Borgs enter and combine to form the Exceed Blaze King; the Exceeds jump out of the Primal Blaze King's cockpit and into that of the Exceed Blaze King; the Exceed Blaze King joins the Lightspeed Megazord]

Chad: Okay, Exceeds. Let's finish this guy once and for all!

Tomoe: You got it, Chad!

Chad: Lightspeed Ladder Arms!

[The Lightspeed Megazord punches Troika repeatedly w/its ladder arms]

Tor: Never gets old.

[Troika charges at the mecha w/his sword, but the Exceed Blaze King intercepts with a shield similar to Tor's, then pushes Troika back]

[Cut back to the Exceed Blaze King's cockpit]

Tor: [touches the Lightspeed Rescue button on the Ranger app of his phone] Let's see what Lightspeed Rescue mode gives the Exceed Blaze King.

[Outside, the Exceed Blaze King gains solar panels similar to the Lightspeed Solarzord]

Tor: What? Solar panels?

Chad: Wait for it.

Troika: [unleashes a massive energy wave at the mecha] I'll destroy them all!

[The blast suddenly gets absorbed by the Exceed Blaze King's solar panels]

Troika: Uh-oh.

Chad: Yes! Just like the Lightspeed Solarzord, those solar panels can absorb enemy attacks.

Tomoe: He's right. Our power levels are off the charts!

Chad: Divert it to your javelin!

Tor: Right!

Exceeds: Exceed souls, unite!

[Outside, the Crystal Javelin appears in the Exceed Blaze King's hands; the Lightspeed Megazord gains its saber]

Exceeds: Crystal Javelin!'

Chad: Lightspeed Megazord saber!

All six: Ignite!

[Both weapons ignite; each mecha draws out a glowing corona with their weapons, then flash through them, striking Troika; Troika screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; back on the ground, Troika is split back into the three demons that formed him, and in normal size]

Demonite: You haven't beaten us yet, Exceeds!

[The Exceeds and Chad jump out of the cockpits]

Tor: They just don't know when to give up, do they?

Chad: Don't worry, Tor. We've got this. [inputs another code] 8-6-1! Mega Battle Blue!

[He gains his Mega Battle Armor]

Lilith: Pretty impressive power-up, Chad.

Chad: No time for compliments. Let's finish this!

Tor: Might as well ride the bandwagon.

Exceeds: [each touch a different button on the Ranger app of their phones] Power Ranger Enhancement Mode!

[They each morph into a different enhanced Power Ranger]

Tor: SPD SWAT Mode!

Julie: Wind power! Ultra Megaforce Pink!

Tomoe: Super Samurai Blue, ready!

Miyabi: Spirit of the cheetah! Full fury! Jungle Master Yellow Ranger!

Lilith: Brachio Power! Super Dino Mode!

Demonite: ATTACK!

[He and his fellow demons charge at Chad and the Ranger-Exceeds, who fight back over the next minute]

Chad: [fires a cold blast from his cannon at the demons] Try this on for size!

[The demons' feet are frozen to the ground; they can't move]

Demonite: I can't move!

Thunderon: You'll pay for this, Blue Ranger!

Chad: That cliche is getting awfully old.

Tomoe: [quietly] The writers must be getting a bit rusty. [loudly] Now for my Super Spin Sword Slash!

[She swings her Super Spin Sword, firing a wave of blue energy at Falkar, hitting him]

Miyabi: [leaps up] Cheetah Jab!

[She jabs Falkar repeatedly]

Julie: Phoenix Flame!

[She unleashes phoenix flames upon Thunderon, hitting him]

Lilith: [swings her Brachio Staff in a circular formation] Brachio Staff, Energy Orb!

[She bats the orb toward Demonite, hitting him]

Tor: Delta Enforcer, fire!

[He fires a blast from his Delta Enforcer at Thunderon, hitting him; the Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Demonite: You fools got lucky this time, but Captain Omen will destroy you eventually!

Chad: Then consider this a message to him!

[He points his cannon at the demons; the Exceeds equip their Blaze Phones to their Blaze Busters (and touch the Lightspeed Rescue button on the Ranger app) and point them at the demons]

Lilith: Blaze Busters, Lightspeed Rescue formation!

Chad: Ready!

Tor: Aim!

All six: FIRE!!

[Chad fires a blast from his cannon at the demons; in stereo, the Exceeds fire a blast from their Blaze Busters in the shape of the Lightspeed Rescue emblem at the demons; the demons scream as they take both blasts, fall to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, all three demons are gone, for good]

Chad: Nice work, Exceeds.

Lilith: We did it together, Chad.

[They shake hands; Chad and the Exceeds revert to normal]

Tor: Thank you, Chad. But how'd you know we'd be here?

Chad: Well, I'd just come here after my surfing competition to get familiar with Manhattan while I'm still on vacation. Then I saw the city was under attack. Good thing I still had my morpher. But when I got to the park, I saw you Exceeds trying to fight off Demonite and his pals. I was about to jump in, when an elderly woman drove in to save you.

Lilith: That was my grandmother.

Elaine: [approaches] And those demons never stood a chance. Elaine Bristol.

Chad: Chad Lee.

[He and Elaine shake hands]

Chad: You know, one of my fellow Rangers, Kelsey-- She has a grandmother capable of what you did to those demons.

Elaine: I'll bet her granddaughter was in danger like mine.

Chad: Indeed, she was. Anyway, going back on topic, Exceeds, after Lilith's grandmother incapacitated the demons, you managed to take them out before they were enlarged. That's when I decided to help. [puts an arm around Lilith] It's guys like you that make a Ranger proud.

Lilith: Thanks, Chad. Say, would you like to drop by our warehouse for lunch?

Chad: Sure. Whatcha having?

Lilith: Sarah's whipping up steak Diane, with chips. Or fries, in North American terms.

Chad: Count me in. All that surfing really built up an appetite.

[All seven head out]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott receives a transmission from Captain Omen]

Omen: What?! The demons blew it?!

Westcott: Even combined, they couldn't beat the Exceeds. Plus, that Blue Power Ranger got in the way.

Omen: And you didn't send anymore Cyber Demonitron to back them up?

Westcott: Unfortunately, the last of our Cyber Demonitron army were destroyed in the invasion this morning, and our ArgoStars are in short supply. And the Iron Wyvern is still being tuned up. Nevertheless, this failure is on you. Those demons were your responsibility.

Omen: Whatever. Next time will be different.

[The transmission ends]

Westcott: At least we got the data. A real Power Ranger showing up with a Megazord makes for tons of data. But we still need more. What we have now won't be enough to defeat all of ACME. LN, send a transmission to Eva.

LN: Yes, sir.

[132 Madison Street, 1:04pm]

[Everyone has lunch together, along with Chad and Elaine]

Alvin: Lunch with an actual Power Ranger. How cool is this?!

Brittany: Have you met other Rangers while we were gone?

Miyabi: Megaforce Yellow.

Tomoe: Turbo Blue.

Lilith: Time Force Green.

Julie: Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger.

Tor: Lost Galaxy, Mystic Force, Samurai, and Dino Charge. All Red.

Alvin: Oh, boy. You really know how to make a chipmunk jealous.

Chad: Don't worry, Alvin. You'll get your chance soon enough.

Layla: Chad, what's it like being a Ranger?

Chad: It's amazing. It actually let me teach my fellow Rangers about martial arts and water rescue. See, I'm not just a Ranger. I'm also a world-class karate student, surfer, and scuba diver.

Elaine: I never knew a Power Ranger would have so many other hobbies in his spare time.

Chad: I'm not the only one.

Elaine: Well, anyway, Lilith, you'll be pleased to know that I've cancelled the wedding plans.

Lilith: Thanks, Grandma. How did Noah take it?

Elaine: Oh, he was terribly cross. But then again, he cared more about money than you.

Lilith: As if I really feel sorry for him. By the way, Grandma, there's something I want to tell you, but it's pretty private.

Elaine: Oh?

Lilith: Come with me to my room.

[She leads her grandmother into her group's room and shuts the door]

Lilith: You see, 'round three months ago, I had sex with Tor. Yes, I know you told me sex out of wedlock isn't right, but...

Elaine: I did that once.

Lilith: I beg your pardon?

Elaine: I was about your age when I had my first time with your grandfather. It was right after our first date. It was the most erotic moment of my life. Of course, I was smart enough to use protection.

Lilith: Same here. I was on the pill. I love Tor very much, but I'm just not ready for a child yet. Even so, you probably still don't like Tor, do you?

Elaine: I do now, poppet. The way he actually cared for you, the way he helped you beat those demons, and how brave he is-- What's not to like about him? True, he may have three other women in his life, but at least he's not a despicable pervert like Noah.

[Outside, the rest of the Exceeds have overheard the conversation]

Lilith: Grandma...

Elaine: Whether or not you did it out of wedlock makes no difference. If Tor's the right man for you, then I can't force you otherwise. You follow your own path.

[Cut back inside the room]

Lilith: Thank you, Grandma. I love you.

[She and her grandmother embrace]

Elaine: I love you, too, Lilith.

[There's a knock on the door]

Lilith: Do come in.

[The other Exceeds enter]

Tor: We overheard it all, Lilith. Dame Bristol.

Elaine: Tor, will you accept an old lady's apology for not accepting you in the first place?

Tor: You bet I will.

[He and Elaine shake hands]

Elaine: Please take good care of Lilith. I know you have the other three girls to deal with, too, but just make sure Lilith is in good hands.

Tor: It's a promise.

[They all head out]

Elaine: I'm sorry to cut this visit short, but I have a plane to catch.

Lilith: We'd be happy to drive you to the airport.

Chad: [approaches] In that event, could you also drop me off at my hotel on the way back here?

Tor: No problem, Chad. There's plenty of room in my car.

[All seven head out]

[Meanwhile, at a hotel, Noah laments his bad luck]

Noah: Those Crystal Exceeds are going to pay dearly for destroying my possible marriage. Lilith Bristol was my key to financial success, and the Crystal Exceeds' involvement ruined everything.

[The phone rings; Noah picks up his smartphone; no incoming calls; he turns to the room's phone and picks up]

Noah: What?!

Harry: [on phone] Noah Higgenbottom?

Noah: Yes. Who are you?

Harry: Oh, just someone who can help you. Are you familiar with the Crystal Exceeds?

Noah: Yes. I was on the verge of a perfect marriage that could more than double my family's finances, but my future bride's grandmother found her granddaughter was one of the Crystal Exceeds and cancelled the wedding. When I told my father, he cut me off. Now I'll have to settle my bills on my own.

Harry: Well, there's nothing I can do about that, but I can give you a chance to kill those Exceeds.

Noah: How?

Harry: Check out of your hotel and meet me at my hideout. I'll give you the address.

Noah: Hmm. [takes out a pad and pencil] Fire away.

[That night, back at the warehouse, while Julie, Tomoe, and Miyabi are training on the roof and everyone else is sound asleep, in the Exceeds' room, Tor and Lilith are in bed, sweating; Lilith is naked and panting heavily]

Lilith: Tor, you were amazing, just like before.

Tor: You okay?

Lilith: Mm-hmm.

Tor: I'm glad you don't have to marry that sicko Noah.

Lilith: Me, too. Let's just hope we don't have to see him again.

[She thinks for a moment]

Lilith: Tor?

Tor: Yeah?

Lilith: I was thinking, now that there are more enemies after us, I think we're in need of another Crystal Exceed.

[Outside, Tsukimi, wide awake, overhears everything]

Tor: You do have a point. I mean, we may have access to the Power Rangers' enhancement modes, but we still don't have access to the Sixth Rangers.

Lilith: Plus, it'd be boring with just the five of us.

Tor: I'll talk to Miss Tsukimi in the morning over breakfast. Right now, we should get some sleep.

Lilith: Right. Good night, dear.

Tor: Good night.

[Tsukimi thinks, then quietly heads for the lab; she closes the entrance, then dials a number on her smartphone]

Tsukimi: Hi, doc. This is Rito Tsukimi. Yes, I know it's late here in the East Coast, but I thought I could use your help. Oh? You can't make it tomorrow? Sunday morning okay? Great! In the meantime, could you help me with some research through FaceTime tomorrow? Thanks. Call you before lunch. Bye! [hangs up]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Tor: Hey, you can't expect the Crystal Exceeds to take all the glory in this arc, can you?

Julie: Tor?

Tor: But, damn, it was cool to have another Ranger fight by our side.

Miyabi: Tor? Tor!

Tor: And who knows what Noah's up to next?

Tomoe: Earth to Tor!

Tor: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Power of Six Pt. 1.

Lilith: Tor!

Tor: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Julie, Miyabi, Tomoe, and Lilith: Tor! Are you listening?!

Tor: All right, girls. What is it?

Tomoe: Don't you recognize that guy?

Tor: Oh, you mean the guy in green? Wait, he's in white now? Red? Black? Who is this guy?!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/14/2020 10:20 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera