ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2018 8:23 am  #1

The eleven remaining episodes of WiTWiCS

All but eleven episodes of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? are viewable on YouTube and DailyMotion. Here is the list of episodes yet to be shown:

S4E28 #223 (Patty) She Done Me Khlong
S4E29 #224 (Kneemoi) Get That Cactus Back t' Us
S4E37 #232 (Eartha) Chagrin and Bear It
S4E40 #235 (Wonder Rat) Et tu, Abu
S4E43 #238 (Grunge) Phind That Phanatic
S4E45 #240 (Robo) He Stole the Whole Kit 'n' Caboodle
S4E46 #241 (Contessa) The Neuschwansteal
S5E31 #276 (Kneemoi) A Pinch of Salt
S5E36 #281 (Kneemoi) Someday My Prints Will Come/Formerly Known as Prints
S5E45 #290 (Double Trouble) Racquet Racket
S5E47 #292 (Grunge) Ready, Willing and Cable

(Credit goes to YouTube user Behemothbear. Who was the one who originally posted the list.)

If anyone out there has those episdes, please contact me via Private Message or post on the message board.

Last edited by ACME Crime Net (7/08/2018 8:38 pm)

6/21/2018 6:33 am  #2

Re: The eleven remaining episodes of WiTWiCS

you can take constellation consternation off the list

what a relief I didn't think we'd get one this year (episode unseen online that is)

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (6/21/2018 7:28 am)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

10/13/2018 1:43 pm  #3

Pardon me, but I believe that a section of WGBH Boston's website has an open vault section. Listed there are 3 yet to be seen episodes. They are "A Pinch of Salt", "Someday My Prints Will Come aka Formerly Known as Prints", & "Racquet Racket." If you want to request digitization of these episodes (along with possibly other episodes yet to be seen online), email them at archive_requests@wgbh.org.

10/13/2018 2:06 pm  #4

hank4man wrote:

Pardon me, but I believe that a section of WGBH Boston's website has an open vault section. Listed there are 3 yet to be seen episodes. They are "A Pinch of Salt", "Someday My Prints Will Come aka Formerly Known as Prints", & "Racquet Racket." If you want to request digitization of these episodes (along with possibly other episodes yet to be seen online), email them at archive_requests@wgbh.org.

This isn't something I would have to register for is it?

update: Nevermind I found the link http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog?f%5Baccess%5D%5B%5D=All+Records&f%5Bseries_title%5D%5B%5D=Where+In+The+World+Is+Carmen+Sandiego%3F

but I was under the impression that these were viewable. I hope the digitization request is free

gee talk about frustrating not a single season 4 episode is listed. 

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (10/13/2018 2:30 pm)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

10/13/2018 8:40 pm  #5

I think we’ll play it by ear and see if anybody can get one or more of the missing Carmen episodes. Give me a buzz via PM.

Digitization request may not be free by GBH since they do not have plans to digitize the series due to outdated geographical information.

11/05/2018 6:36 pm  #6

ACME Crime Net wrote:

I think we’ll play it by ear and see if anybody can get one or more of the missing Carmen episodes. Give me a buzz via PM.

Digitization request may not be free by GBH since they do not have plans to digitize the series due to outdated geographical information.

and you may be right about that, Sepamo told me that hank tried but it costs $260 bucks, that's like two PBS pledges at least depending on what level you're pledging, 

not to mention two and a half months worth of peggo card points (it's for bus fare) on my end of the world, and like 2 years worth of netflix (something I might need next year but I'm not exactly excited about it) and now I'm afraid that I awoke a sleeping pest

I really wish they could have put episodes of the show on the Internet Archive, I bet they would have charged less. I mean if they could locate the lost missing episode of Bear in the Big Blue House they could get those

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (12/24/2018 3:24 pm)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

3/13/2019 1:04 pm  #7

Gumshoes! I have a hot tip for all of you I have contacted this user

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59cN1Ia1m3xSPAuO257LJg

after I noticed that he had uploaded a couple of episodes of Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego as well as other episodes of PBS shows, I asked if he had any Carmen World episodes, and the user has AN episode (hoping for more but I'm not going to push my luck) I didn't ask the user which episode or if it was any of the missing 18 though (I'll be happy if it's an episode that has a theme song attached to it. All I know is that one is coming (actually update, two are coming, the user replied to me around 2 in the moring..don't ask why I was up at 2 in the morning) and it said that two were uploading but I guess the user went to sleep before they could hit publish video

the videos were finally published but they're both repeats, my hot tip just burned me, next time I'm waiting until AFTER the good are delivered to share the news

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (3/14/2019 11:53 am)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

3/26/2019 9:54 pm  #8

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of the show... I remember I used to watch this all the time when coming home from school. At any rate, I've see that most of the episodes are available to watch via YouTube or DailyMotion, but I understand from your list that 18 of them are missing.

I didn't see an additional 10 that were not on that list of 18. I think they may have been originally uploaded at some other point but were, for some reason, taken down. They are the following:

Season 01 Episode 29 - Raceway Ripoff
Season 01 Episode 54 - The Disappearing Declaration
Season 01 Episode 59 - End of the Trail
Season 02 Episode 41 - The Dog Race Rat Case
Season 02 Episode 43 - The Oranges of Wrath
Season 03 Episode 02 - Robot Robotnapper
Season 03 Episode 22 - Haul the Hollerin' Home
Season 03 Episode 39 - Tivoli Misery
Season 04 Episode 48 - To Bead or Not to Bead?
Season 05 Episode 49 - Totem Bites Back

Does anyone have links to these episodes? If so, can you provide?
If they are not available online and you have them, can you put them on YouTube again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4/21/2019 1:39 pm  #9

ACME Crime Net wrote:

It would be quite the long shot, but I wonder if a contestant who had appeared on a missing episode would be granted a free copy of their appearance? I say it's a long shot because I have my doubts as to whether any of them have ever even heard of these boards, let alone perused them. 

IDK, I have heard of other game shows allowing contestants to request their episodes and receive a copy free of charge. It's doubtful it would work, but just thought I'd float the random thought out there.

10/19/2020 12:10 pm  #10

IT'S A MIRACLE! a fuzzy only can hear it on one side of my headphones miracle but I will take it

Last edited by iHeartRockapella (10/19/2020 12:53 pm)

#DOITROCKAPELLA

Board footera