ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2019 7:29 pm  #1

Side-Fic 301: The Alien Hunt

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Aoi: Don't forget to watch the show in a brightly lit room, and please don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Deep in outer space, a small spaceship makes its way toward Earth while being chased by the Demonoids' Iron Wyvern]

[Cut to the Iron Wyvern's cockpit with LN, Delta, and Epsilon]

LN: Step on it, Delta! That little alien has the power source we need to destroy ACME!

Delta: He's already on a collision course with Earth. And according to the scanner, he'll crash land in... New York City.

LN: Ah. Perfect. Full speed ahead!

[132 Madison Street, Wednesday, December 5th, 3:21pm]

[Chayka presents Eris' group with a new Cosmo Cell]

Chayka: Sorry these took so long, but the wait will be worth it. You see, this Cosmo Cells can enable the Cosmo MagnaDroid to access a jumbo-sized Cosmo Bazooka.

[She hands the cell to Aoi]

Aoi: This should be interesting. It's sure to melt down Westcott's next Demonoid.

[Chayka's bell rings; Chayka taps on it]

Chayka: Go ahead, Captain Qoone.

Qoone: Hurry to the roof. There's a small alien spacecraft approaching the warehouse! And to make matters worse, a giant aircraft that looks like a dragon is in hot pursuit!

Chayka: Roger!

Kio: That dragon-like aircraft has gotta be the Demonoids' Iron Wyvern!

Eris: We'll handle it, Chayka.

[She, Kio, Antonia, Manami, and Aoi rush to the rooftop and find the spaceship plummeting towards them]

Aoi: There it is!

Eris: Everybody duck!

[The gang ducks as the ship flies over them and crash lands on the ground; sparks fly]

Aoi: Wow. Check it out.

[She walks up to the ship and touches it, then winces]

Aoi: Hot!

[The ship's visor opens, revealing a doll-like alien; Manami and Eris take a closer look]

Manami: A doll? [scoffs] For all we know, this is just a drone, and some punk must be playing a prank on us.

Eris: Not according to the ship's monitor. The doll has a heartbeat. Maybe he's been on a long voyage.

Manami: You mean it's alive?

Aoi: It has to be.

[She then notices a glowing jade embedded on the top of the ship]

Aoi: A jade. That must be its power source. Beautiful.

Eris: [taps her bell] Captain, we got the ship. Shall we bring the craft and its pilot up to the mothership?

Qoone: I don't see why not. But you better hurry.

Eris: Blanket!

[Aoi finds a nearby abandoned towel, grabs it, and grabs the ship with it]

Aoi: This old towel will have to do. Come on, guys!

[With the ship in tow, she and the others rush back downstairs and into the orbital elevator with Chayka]

[Back on board the Iron Wyvern, the Demonoid generals are furious]

Epsilon: We're too late! The ship's gone!

LN: It's gotta be ACME's doing.

Delta: Lady LN, we don't have enough power to attack the city. We used up so much on the space chase. We have to report back to the sub and recharge.

LN: [growls] Don't even say it, Delta! From here on out, never use the word "recharge" ever again!

[On board the Catian Mothership, in the sick bay, the gang shows the mothership's crew the alien ship]

Aoi: I have no idea why the Demonoids would wanna chase this craft.

Durel: That ship is powered by a rare jewel called the Thunder Jade, found only on one rock formation on the planet Hercuron. The Demonoids must want the jade to give the Iron Wyvern an infinite source of power.

Manami: That's one pain in the ass we don't need.

Aoi: We did see the jade.

Qoone: Aoi, open the forward hatch so we can try and make contact with the Hercurian.

[Aoi opens the ship's forward hatch]

Qoone: Step back, everyone.

[Everyone does so]

Qoone: Aoi, place the jade in the cockpit and in the Hercurian's hands.

[Aoi takes the jade from the top of the ship and gently hands it to the Hercurian; the jade glows, and the alien transports out of his ship and right in front of Aoi, human-sized; the gang is shocked]

Melwin: Don't be alarmed. This Hercurian is just a mere traveler, journeying to Hercuron light years away.

Aoi: Wow. Itokazu's never gonna believe this.

Keonta: Never going to believe this.

Qoone: Hercurians are very intelligent. This one will imitate you in an attempt to decipher your language.

Keonta: Decipher language.

Antonia: He's learning already.

Keonta: Learning.

Aoi: Um, do you have a name?

Keonta: Keonta.

Aoi: Pleasure to meet you. I'm Aoi. Welcome to Earth.

Keonta: [shakes hands with Aoi] Aoi.

[He takes a close look at his damaged ship with a sad look]

Keonta: My ship.

Aoi: Hey, don't worry, Keonta. We'll get you home.

Melwin: There's not much time, though. The Demonoids will try to get the jade once the Iron Wyvern is recharged.

Aoi: I think I know a way we can distract them. What if we make a fake version of Keonta?

Antonia: Yeah! And when they go for the fake, the real Keonta can try and make his way home.

Eris: Using their desire to steal the jade to our advantage-- That's brilliant!

Keonta: Brilliant!

Aoi: In the meantime, I'll help make the repairs to your ship.

Keonta: [pats Aoi on the shoulder] Thank you, Aoi.

Manami: Looks like Aoi found herself a new friend.

Kio: Eris and I will keep an eye on the Demonoids from the MagnaShip.

Eris: The rest of you better get back to the warehouse with Keonta.

[Back at the warehouse, in the lab, Aoi makes the repairs to Keonta's ship while Maya and Sara help Antonia sew a doll in Keonta's likeness]

Keonta: Sparks beautiful. Here is hoping my ship you make like new. [to Antonia and her maids] You three-- Very good. Exactly like me that doll almost looks.

Antonia: Thanks. We're just about done.

[Keonta turns to Manami, who is shining a fake version of Keonta's Thunder Jade]

Keonta: Impressive. Your jade fake resembles my jade real.

Manami: Thanks. Gotta make doubly sure this plan works. That way, I guarantee, you'll make it home safely.

[Itokazu enters]

Itokazu: What's going on here? [gasps upon seeing Keonta] Is that a--

Keonta: Ah. Bespectacled Earthling.

Aoi: Miss Itokazu, this is Keonta, from the planet Hercuron.

Itokazu: Another alien?

Keonta: You meet alien before?

Itokazu: Do you know Eris?

Keonta: Yes. Eris cat alien from Catia.

Itokazu: Even so, you're just like her-- An alien who doesn't look like one's supposed to be. It's supposed to look like a silicon-based lifeform with a bio-acceleration device, or a sentient machine, or something with a radio-symmetrical exoskeleton. A mind-based creature, perhaps.

Keonta: Like Orzonians. Yes. In all shapes and sizes aliens come.

Itokazu: [sighs] What is the sci-fi universe coming to?!

Keonta: [turns to the others] Non-believer?

Aoi: She was like that when she met Eris. Don't worry. You'll get used to it.

Itokazu: Why is this guy here, anyway?

Manami: The Demonoids are after his jade, which powers his ship. They wanna use it to power one of their own.

Aoi: We're planning on distracting them so Keonta can get home.

Itokazu: [points at Keonta's ship] I take it that's his ship?

Aoi: Yep. It may look small, but that's the way things are on Hercuron.

[She is done repairing the ship]

Aoi: Okay, Keonta. Repairs are done. At least, it's the best I can do. It should survive your voyage.

Keonta: Soon, home I will be.

[Aoi's pendant beeps]

Aoi: [responds] Go ahead.

Eris: The Iron Wyvern is approaching fast. Meet us on the roof pronto.

Aoi: Roger. [to the others] Let's go, everyone. The Demonoids know where we are.

[Suddenly, the alarm blares]

Keonta: Loud noise!

Antonia: That's our alarm!

[Maya runs up to the monitor, which opens a channel to the garage; a Demonoid is slamming a battering ram against the wall]

Maya: A Demonoid! He's trying to break into the warehouse!

Sara: Time to get to work!

Aoi, Manami, and Antonia: [whip out their pendants] Cosmo Power!

[They all get suited up; Maya, Sara, Itokazu, and Keonta follow them upstairs and out to the garage (with the ship, Keonta doll, and fake jade in tow), where they meet up with the Demonoid]

Keonta: Must flee fast!

Veparoid: Took ya long enough, Cosmo Cats! But let's see how you deal with me, Veparoid, your worst nightmare! Hand over the Thunder Jade, or I'll blast you and your warehouse to smithereens until I find it myself!

Antonia: [whips out her grappler] Not if we can help it!

[She and Veparoid fight]

Keonta: Very brave girl.

Sara: I know. There's just no stopping this girl once her mind is made up.

Maya: We should lend a hand, Sara, just in case.

[Sara nods; the two maids whip out their firearms and charge at Veparoid, firing at him; Veparoid gets struck by the bullets]

Antonia: Thanks, you two.

Manami: [fires blasts from her revolver at Veparoid] Don't leave me out!

Aoi: Keep an eye on Keonta and his ship, Miss Itokazu. I'll keep him occupied.

[She sets down the ship and fires blasts from her bazooka at Veparoid]

Veparoid: Your prattle really makes me mad!

[He fires lasers at the gang, who narrowly dodges; on board the Cosmo MagnaShip, Kio and Eris view the fight from the bridge]

Kio: Aw, man. They're gonna need some help.

Eris: Let's go!

Eris and Kio: [raise their pendants] Cosmo Power!

[They get suited up, jump ship, and join the rest of the gang]

Eris: Looking for some reinforcements, guys?

Aoi: Nice of you to drop in.

Kio: Got everything ready for Keonta's escape, Aoi?

Aoi: We're all set.

Veparoid: No one's going anywhere until I get that jade. Give it in, or your alien friend is toast!

[He marches toward Keonta]

Eris: Keonta, get outta there!

Keonta: No. Must protect Earth friends. Must fight!

[He charges at Veparoid and fights him]

Veparoid: Oh, nice try, but until I get your jade, I'll never cease!

[He kicks Keonta back, then fires lasers at him, hitting him; Keonta hits the ground; Aoi runs up to him]

Aoi: Keonta, are you all right?!

Keonta: [barely gets back on his feet] I think so, but now get home never I will.

Aoi: Don't worry. We'll make sure you get home, somehow. [charges at Veparoid] As for you, you ought not have messed with my new friend! Jaguar Frenzy!

[The roar of a jaguar is heard as she lunges at Veparoid and scratches him wildly, then punches him five feet back]

Aoi: Chiba! Nakamura!

[Her two Assistroids enter the scene and strike Veparoid w/their katana, then pin his feet to the ground by impaling their katana on them]

Veparoid: [groans] I can't move!

Aoi: [fires a blast from her bazooka] Cosmo Bazooka, Blue Shot!

[The blast from her bazooka strikes Veparoid hard, blasting him to smithereens]

Keonta: Gone robot monster is, yes?

Aoi: All clear, Keonta. Maya, Sara, Miss Itokazu, you better get him back to the mothership.

Maya: Right. [takes Keonta back inside with Sara] Come.

Sara: Don't worry. You'll be on your way home soon.

[Itokazu follows them inside]

[Back on board the Iron Wyvern, Delta has seen it all]

Delta: Lady LN, Veparoid failed, and the Cosmo Cats are preparing to send the Hercurian back into space.

LN: Not if I have a say about it. Both of you, get that jade and bring it back here.

Delta: Right. Come, sis.

[She and Epsilon vanish]

LN: I'll teach that crappy Keonta to run from the Demonoids.

[Back at the warehouse, on the roof, Aoi props the spacecraft on the center of the ground]

Kio: Right out in the open where the Demonoids can see it. Good idea, Aoi.

Aoi: Antonia, still got the doll?

Antonia: [doll in hand] Good thing Veparoid never touched it.

[Aoi opens up the hatch; Antonia places the Keonta doll inside]

Kio: Nice work, Antonia. Looks a lot like him.

[Aoi closes the hatch]

Manami: [places the fake jade on top of the ship] By the time they make out the difference, it'll be too late.

[Suddenly, Delta and Epsilon appear]

Delta: Hold it right there, Cosmo Cats!

Epsilon: Give us the jade, or we'll be forced to kill you all!

Eris: You bucket heads won't get it without a fight!

Delta: As you wish. Let's go!

[She and her sister fight the Cosmo Cats over the next two minutes; after a rigorous fight, Epsilon pushes the Cosmo Cats aside and grabs the fake jade from the ship]

Epsilon: Yes! Sis! I have the Thunder Jade!

Delta: [pats her sister on the back] Good job, Epsilon! With it, the Iron Wyvern will be invincible!

Kio: She's got the jade!

Antonia: We can't let 'em get away with it!

Epsilon: Ta-ta, Cosmo Clunkers!

[She and Delta vanish]

Eris: [sighs] Phase 1 complete. [taps her bell] Captain, they took the bait. Send Keonta back to the roof. The time for his escape is now.

Qoone: Roger that, Eris.

[Back on board the Iron Wyvern, Delta and Epsilon reappear]

LN: About time, you slowpokes.

Delta: Forgive us for being late, Lady LN, but those Cosmo Cats really gave us a challenge.

Epsilon: Nevertheless, we got the jade.

LN: At last, you've succeeded at something! Excellent work, the both of you! Now, insert the jade into the power grid so we can empower the Iron Wyvern.

Epsilon: [does so] All over it.

LN: Iron Wyvern, your time has come. Bring ACME to its doom!

[Outside, the Iron Wyvern approaches Earth]

[Back on the warehouse roof, the gang (back to normal) and Keonta are gathered with the mothership crew]

Qoone: Your plan's working perfectly, Cosmo Cats. Now it's time to bid Keonta a fond farewell. But we have to hurry before the Iron Wyvern reaches Earth.

Eris: Yes, Captain. Keonta, if you're ever on this side of the universe again, just remember to steer clear from the Demonoids.

Keonta: Will do.

Kio: We're gonna miss you, Keonta.

Keonta: I, too, will miss Earth friends. Catia friends. All of you.

Aoi: I hope someday I'll see your planet.

Keonta: On Hercuron, welcome are you.

Aoi: I'll never forget you.

Keonta: And I, you, Aoi.

[He hands Aoi a necklace with a rare gemstone]

Aoi: What's this?

Keonta: My gift to you for protecting me and helping me with my return. Necklace with rare Hercurian gemstone.

Aoi: Thank you, Keonta.

[They shake hands; Keonta raises his jade]

Keonta: I bid you farewell, Cosmo Cats. [chants in native language]

[He reverts to his smaller size and transports back into his ship]

Aoi: Take care, my friend.

[The ship's engines ignite; it takes off]

Keonta: Someday, I hope again I will see you.

[The gang waves goodbye as Keonta's ship takes off into space]

Manami: Bye, Keonta.

Kio: Take care.

Aoi: Safe journey.

[Back on board the Iron Wyvern, LN laughs triumphantly]

LN: My crowning achievement. Master Westcott will reward me handsomely!

Delta: [quietly; to Epsilon] We did all the work.

Epsilon: [quietly] We each deserve a piece.

LN: Prepare to fire upon New York City, ladies!

[Suddenly, an alarm blares]

LN: What's going on?!

Delta: [checks the power gauges] No! Power levels are dropping fast!

Epsilon: [looks at the charred fake jade] The jade's burnt!

Delta: [picks it up] But it was supposed to power the Iron Wyvern! Unless,... [crushes it into nothing but dust]

Delta and Epsilon: It's a fake!

LN: We've been had?!

Delta: [looks ahead] Oh, no! Look!

[LN notices Keonta's ship escaping at maximum speed]

LN: It's Keonta trying to escape to Hercuron! Fire all weapons! We need that jade!

[Epsilon tries, but sparks fly; LN growls in frustration]

Epsilon: It's no use! He's too fast!

Delta: We'll never catch up!

LN: Damn those Cosmo Cats to Hell!

Epsilon: We only have enough power to get back to the sub to re--

Delta: Epsilon, don't say it.

LN: Both of you, shut up! Just get us home. Oh, but first,...

[She pushes the Giga Beam button on her left wrist; back outside the warehouse, the Giga Beam appears from the sky and hits the remains of Veparoid, repairing and enlarging him]

Veparoid: About time!

[Back on the roof, the gang notices]

Aoi: It's Veparoid! Cosmo MagnaDroid, energize!

[The MagnaShip releases CatiEarth One and Eris' ship; all three crafts combine to form the Cosmo MagnaDroid; the Cosmo Cats transform again and jump into the cockpit (with Aoi in the front seat)]

Aoi: End of the line, Veparoid! You're going up against the Cosmo MangaDroid now!

[Cut back outside]

Veparoid: Your alien friend may have escaped the Demonoids' wrath, but I assure you, none of you will!

[He fires his lasers at the Cosmo MagnaDroid, who dodges every blast while flying toward the Demonoid]

Veparoid: [unleashes chains upon the MagnaDroid] This is for earlier!

[The chains bind the MagnaDroid, stopping it in its tracks; the MagnaDroid struggles to break free]

Aoi: Try as you might, your chains can't bind us permanently!

[The MagnaDroid breaks free with all its might]

Veparoid: Oh, boy.

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Aoi: [inserts the new cell into the controls] Cosmo Cell! Cosmo Magna Bazooka, activate!

[Outside, the Cosmo MagnaDroid gets equipped with a jumbo-sized version of Aoi's Cosmo Bazooka]

Veparoid: Uh, can't we talk about this?!

[The bazooka charges up]

Cosmo Cats: Cosmo Magna Bazooka, Magna Phaser!

[The bazooka fires a massive phaser at Veparoid, hitting him hard; Veparoid screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Aoi: Cosmo Cats, mission complete! Meow!

Eris: That'll teach him never to screw with aliens, or with the Cosmo Cats.

[On board the Nickar, while the Iron Wyvern is under repair in the hangar, the Demonoid generals report to the bridge, where Westcott awaits]

LN: Sir, please forgive us.

Westcott: How could you let the Hercurian get away with the Thunder Jade?

Delta: It's not our fault. We almost had the jade.

Epsilon: But the Cosmo Cats tricked us by giving us a fake one while the Hercurian escaped in the confusion.

Westcott: Enough! There's no excuse for your failure. All three of you, leave me.

[The generals nod and exit the bridge]

LN: You two just had to go and bring me a fake jade?!

Delta: It looked too much like the real thing!

Epsilon: How were we supposed to tell whether it was real or not?! We weren't programmed to scan jewelry.

LN: Like Master Westcott said, there's no excuse.

Delta: Well, this is on you, too, since the whole alien hunt was your damn idea.

Epsilon: So what if we followed along? You're not blameless in this, either.

LN: [growls] Listen up. Sending you two out into the field is becoming too risky since we lost Mu. From here on out, you're staying here.

Delta: On what grounds? We're much more powerful than any Demonoid you and Westcott ever sent.

Epsilon: You're the only general more powerful than either of us.

LN: And don't you forget it. For now, the only thing you'll contribute to the team is making more Demonoids. Now, get to work!

Delta and Epsilon: Yes, Lady LN.

[They head down the hall]

LN: [in her mind] If they learn the truth, they'll go AWOL, and everything will be ruined. I've got to come up with a plan to make sure nothing does, even if they do find out.

[She suddenly starts writhing]

Ellen: [also in LN's mind] Those two will find out the truth eventually, but whatever you have planned won't work. And I'll make sure you release me!

LN: Never! I won't let you escape!

[She stops writhing and growls in frustration as she heads out]

[132 Madison Street, 5:11pm]

[The gang is gathered for dinner]

Qoone: I'm happy to report that Keonta's journey home was a success, and he's safe with his people.

Aoi: Great news, Captain.

Kio: It's all thanks to you, Aoi.

Eris: Your plan to trick the Demonoids with the fake jade and the fake Keonta really did the trick. Keonta wouldn't have made it home alive if it weren't for you.

Aoi: [shyly] Oh, you guys. Thank you. Guess I really have come a long way from the Japanese Immigration Bureau, huh?

Manami: Mm-hmm.

Aoi: By the way, Chayka, your new Cosmo Cell really did the trick against Veparoid.

Chayka: Thanks. I've got plenty more cells in the works.

Aoi: [checks her iPhone for any messages] Oh! Guys, I just got a text from Arisa and Aiko. They just boarded the flight out of Okinawa. After they switch planes in Tokyo, they should be here by 10:00am tomorrow.

Qoone: Oh? What brings those two to New York?

Itokazu: Oh, that's right. Even though school days are over, Kio still wanted to keep the video club active, so Arisa and Aiko are gonna fly in more often and help us shoot some more movies.

Aoi: If that's the case, we'd better get the guest rooms cleaned up fast!

Maya and Sara: Leave it to us!

[They rush to the guest rooms with cleaning supplies in hand]

Kio: [in her mind] Having those two around could be risky. We can't let them know we're the Cosmo Cats.

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Eris: A memory loss plot in the next episode? This can't be good.

Antonia: And to get Arisa and Aiko involved against a Demonoid?

Aoi: This could be the toughest fight of our lives.

Manami: Next time: Amnesia.

Kio: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (9/22/2023 12:16 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera