ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2019 11:57 pm  #1

Side-Fic 302: Amnesia

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Arisa: Hey, everyone! We're back! And just in time for the show!

Aiko: Don't forget to watch the show with the lights on, and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[JFK International Airport, Thursday, December 6th, 10:00am]

[Arisa Ooshiro and Aiko Matsuyama, bags in hand, come out of the terminal; Itokazu holds up a sign in English and Japanese characters: "Welcome to New York, Arisa and Aiko"; Eris' group comes out of Itokazu's SUV and helps Arisa and Aiko load the bags into the trunk]

Itokazu: Welcome back, you two. How was the flight?

Arisa: Went through a little turbulence, but nothing to worry about.

Aiko: We're glad to be back to help Kio out with his video club. And to help babysit his kids.

Kio: Thanks, girls. [closes the trunk] I really appreciate you flying all the way from Okinawa.

[Everyone gets in the SUV and buckles up just before Itokazu starts the car and drives off]

Arisa: How are the Chipmunks and the Chipettes doing?

Eris: Same as ever. And remember the Spirit Soldiers we talked about before? We know who they are now.

Antonia: But it's top-secret. We promised we wouldn't tell.

Arisa: Who needs to know about their identities when they have a full team of 12 now?

Aiko: Besides, we're more partial to the Cosmo Cats we've heard so much about.

Aoi: Really?

Arisa: Really. Five young people in colored costumes who fight with a spaceship that transforms into some giant robot.

Aiko: I heard they once fought alongside a whole group of Power Rangers during the summer.

Eris: Really? You know, I've always wanted to meet them. Especially the Red Ranger of Jungle Fury.

Arisa: Anyway, those guys are so brave, I only wish we knew who they were. I'm sure you'd like them a lot, Eris.

[Eris' ears twitch in response]

Eris: Hmm. Maybe.

Itokazu: So, what do you girls have planned for the club?

Aiko: A little tutorial on prisms. Hey, it's a start.

Itokazu: Don't you two think you should get settled in first? I mean, it's been a very long flight from Japan.

Antonia: That won't be necessary, Miss I, 'cause my maids already cleaned up the guest room and made the beds.

Arisa: Besides, we had a long nap on the plane. We've got plenty of time to get settled in after the filming.

Aoi: Boy, this oughta be fun.

[132 Madison Street, 10:44am]

[In the A/V room, Kio is on the phone while the gang helps Arisa and Aiko set up their A/V equipment]

Kio: Yeah, I know this warehouse is getting pretty crowded, but at least give 'em a chance. Thanks, Alvin. We'll make sure they feel right at home. I'll call later. Bye. [hangs up] Alvin was a little hot under the collar, but he's okay with Aiko and Arisa crashing here.

Arisa: Awesome sauce!

Aiko: Okay, guys. We're all set. Okay, Kio. Like we planned, you're presenting the report.

Arisa: [hands Kio a prism and a flashlight] Just remember not to crack up.

Kio: All righty.

[He stands in front of a green screen; Arisa props her camcorder on a tripod and points it at Kio as Aiko holds up cue cards]

Itokazu: Okay, everyone. Ready to roll?

Kio, Eris, Antonia, Arisa, and Aiko: Ready!

Antonia: Lights, please.

[The Assistroids turn the set's lights on]

Antonia: Quiet on the set. Camera.

Arisa: [presses the record button] Speed!

[Sadakichi holds up a clapboard]

Eris: "Prism Lecture", take 1!

[Sadakichi claps the board and backs away from the camera's view]

Antonia: And... action!

Kio: Hi. I'm Kio Kakazu. Now, have you ever wondered why prisms sparkle in light? It's because they sparkle and appear to give out different colors. It's all about refracting light. Let me show you what I mean.

[He places the prism on a table in front of him]

Kio: Lights out, please.

[The Assistroids dim the lights]

Kio: If you want to try this yourself, make sure your room is dark enough for the light to be obvious. Now, you take a prism, and you shine a flashlight through it from a certain angle.

[He turns on the flashlight, pointing it at the prism's surface; the light shines through the prism, splitting it into rainbow colors]

Kio: See? When white light travels through the prism, it disperses into rainbow colors. Why? Prisms are made of glass. The colors coming out of the prism constitute multiple wavelengths. Each color represents a different wavelength of light. These different wavelengths travel at different speeds in the glass. This is why rainbows or spectrums form when the light travels through the prism. Also note that the angle of refraction is different for these colors, as they have different wavelengths. When light touches the prism's surface, refraction takes place at its boundary. Then the white light is separated into its component rainbow colors. Refraction is the change and direction of a wave due to a change in its medium. When these wavelengths reach the other side of the prism at different angles, refraction takes place at the prism's surface. In other words, at the boundary of the glass and the prism. And the angle of refraction is greater when they leave the prism. The separation of visible light into different colors is called dispersion. All these colors constitute the spectrum. The angle of refraction, which a light undergoes when it travels from one medium to another, is determined by the refractive index of a given medium. Lights!

[The Assistroids turn the lights back on; Kio shuts off the flashlight]

Kio: And that's why diamonds sparkle in broad daylight. Thanks for watching, and remember to subscribe for more.

Antonia: And cut.

[Arisa cuts]

Arisa: Nice work, Kio. The new students will love it when we post it on YouTube.

Antonia: Yeah. White light through a prism creating a rainbow-- That's pretty cool.

Aiko: You know what? We should make another film. Maybe a little documentary of Central Park. I've always wanted to go there.

Kio: That sounds great. I'm sure the new students will want a little lecture of the most visited urban park in the U.S.

Itokazu: I'm with you on this one. But let's just take the camera. It'd be a pain to lug so much equipment around a huge park.

[On board the Nickar, Westcott and Roget have seen it all]

Westcott: That's just what I need-- A prism-themed Demonoid.

Roget: Lucky for us, I happen to have manufactured one, master. [walks up to the door to the Demonoid storage room] I present to you the terrifying Refractron!

[A prism-themed Demonoid enters from the room]

Refractron: At your service, Master Roget. Master Westcott.

Roget: This Demonoid has the ability to shatter his victims into numerous fragments, then reassembles them, but without any memory whatsoever.

Westcott: Another impressive Demonoid, Roget. But this had better not fail like the other Demonoids you sent after ACME.

Roget: With his amnesia-inducing abilities, there's no way we can lose. [snickers]

[Central Park, 11:35am]

[Eris, Aoi, and Manami approach Tavern on the Green]

Aoi: Eris, you didn't have to come along.

Manami: Yeah, I mean, you're part of the video club.

Eris: I know, but I'm starving. And I've never been to Tavern on the Green before. I wanna try its food.

Aoi: [shrugs] Can't argue with that.

[Suddenly, Refractron appears before them, laughing; numerous civilians flee, leaving Eris, Aoi, and Manami behind to face the Demonoid]

Refractron: Sorry to interrupt your lunch, but-- Oh, just the three of you? Well, why should I give a damn, anyway?

Eris: Another Demonoid. Prism-based, no doubt.

Aoi: Westcott must've been watching Kio's lecture.

Refractron: However did you guess? Oh, well. The three of you can't possibly beat Refractron!

Manami: Time to go Cosmo, girls!

[She and the other two whip out their Cosmo Pendants]

Eris, Aoi, and Manami: Cosmo Power!

[They all get suited up]

Eris: Prepare to pounce!

Refractron: First, let's look at you three in a new light!

[He fires a colorful ray from his eyes at the three Cosmo Cats, who try to shield themselves, but suddenly revert to normal, then shatter into millions of fragments, which then reassemble; the reassembled girls look around, completely confused]

Eris: Where am I? [turns to Manami] Who are you?

Manami: That's a good question. Who are you? And why do you have cat ears and a tail?

Eris: Oh? [looks at her tail] Maybe I was born this way. I don't know.

Manami: [turns to Aoi] What about you?

Aoi: You got me.

Refractron: [snickers] They're completely lost! Wait'll Westcott finds out about this! [vanishes]

Eris: Listen, girls, I don't know about you-- Literally-- But I think we should find help.

Aoi: I think we should just wait here. Maybe someone who might know who we are will come by.

Manami: Good idea.

[They all sit down and wait]

[Meanwhile, on Wollman Rink, Arisa films Aiko ice-skating while Kio records a narration on his iPhone]

Kio: Wollman Rink opened in 1949 with funds donated by Kate Wollman, who donated $600,000 for the rink to commemorate her entire family from Leavenworth, Kansas. Historically, the rink has been open for ice skating from October to April, and in the summer seasons, it's transformed into an amusement park called Victoria Gardens. The rink was first built on a site that was once part of the Pond on the southeast corner of Central Park, which was drained and backfilled. The rink has been featured in several movies, like Love Story, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and Serendipity.

[He stops the recording]

Antonia: Good job, Kio. Incorporating those changes into your documentary should be a breeze.

[Kio's phone rings; Kio gets a FaceTime notification from Qoone; he and Antonia walk a six feet away from Arisa, Aiko, and Itokazu; Kio responds to the notification]

Kio: Go ahead, Captain.

Qoone: We have another emergency situation, Kio. Eris, Manami, and Aoi are in grave danger.

[She shows footage of Refractron's attack]

Qoone: The three were attacked by the Demonoid Refractron. He has the power to fire a ray, which breaks its victims into millions of fragments, then reassembles them, but with complete amnesia.

Kio: You mean my wives lost their memories?

Antonia: They don't even know they're Cosmo Cats?

Qoone: You must bring them to the mothership so we can jog their memories. But be careful dealing with Refractron, because if he wipes your memories, it could be the end for the Cosmo Cats. They're waiting in front of Tavern on the Green.

Antonia: We're on our way.

Kio: [ends the call] Miss Itokazu, my wives are in trouble. Come on. I'll explain on the way.

Itokazu: Uh, sure. [to Arisa and Aiko] We'll call you two when we need you.

Arisa and Aiko: Yes, ma'am.

[Itokazu follows Kio and Antonia out]

[Back in front of Tavern on the Green, the three girls are still waiting]

Aoi: Even if someone we do recognize happens to drop by, the likelihood of improving our situation is pretty slim.

Manami: Why talk so weird? Were you supposed to be one of those super geniuses?

Aoi: Don't know. Maybe.

[Kio, Antonia, and Itokazu approach]

Kio: You are. You're one of the most intellectual students in our class, Aoi.

Aoi: I'm Aoi?

Kio: Yeah. You're one of my wives. All three of you are.

Manami: Three?! But isn't that wrong?

Eris: Or does it have to do with the laws of where I come from?

Antonia: Sure does, Eris. You got married on Catian soil. Under the laws of your home planet Catia, a man was allowed to have more than one mate.

Eris: Eris... What's Catia?

Kio: A planet full of people with cat ears and tails.

Manami: What about me?

Kio: You're Manami, my childhood friend. We used to do-- No, we still do everything together. We shop a lot, we ride a lot, we play a lot, we party a lot, the works. And you're a gun nut.

Manami: Guns? Aren't they dangerous?

Antonia: This Demonoid's more powerful than Captain Qoone said.

Eris: What about the woman in the glasses? Do we know her?

Itokazu: Yes. I'm Maki Itokazu, your former homeroom teacher. Don't you remember graduation during the spring before you had your babies?

Eris: We're graduates?

Aoi: And we have babies?

Kio: Yeah. Eris has a daughter named Miyu, Manami has a son named Tatsu, and Aoi has a daughter named Mitsuki.

Manami: And what's this about a Demonoid?

Kio: Isaac Westcott created a prism-based Demonoid named Refractron. And that guy-- He's one mad cyborg.

[The three girls are still confused]

Antonia: Oh, my God. We'd better get them to the mothership fast.

Aoi: You're not taking me anywhere.

Manami: Or me.

Eris: Guys, I think we should trust them. Maybe we have amnesia and they might know of a cure.

Itokazu: You guys go ahead. I gotta get back to the other girls.

[She heads out]

Kio: Come on, girls.

[Cut to the Catian Mothership; Eris, Aoi, and Manami look around in surprise as Kio and Antonia report to Captain Qoone and the crew]

Kio: Captain Qoone, they're completely out of it.

Qoone: So I can see.

Manami: Where the hell are we? [looks at Qoone] Forget where we are. Who are you?

Aoi: Are you in any relation to the one they call Eris?

Qoone: No, but I'm a trusted friend to her, and to all of you. I'm also your mentor. I'm Qoone, captain of the mothership.

Chayka: I'm Chayka.

Melwin: I'm Melwin.

Durel: And I'm Durel, the mothership's doctor.

Eris: Then it's true. I am one of them.

Qoone: At the moment, they'll have to remain here. Their minds are too vulnerable to the Demonoids' evil.

Antonia: But can't you just give them back their powers?

Melwin: It's not that easy, 'cause without their memories, they don't have the experience, skills, or character to be Cosmo Cats.

Aoi: Now I'm really confused.

Qoone: Aoi, you, Manami, and your leader Eris are Cosmo Cats, ambassadors of the planets Earth and Catia assigned by NYPD's ACME Crime Net to protect all good from evil.

Chayka: Isaac Westcott is one of the most evil beings we've ever faced. His Demonoid robot Refractron erased your memories to render you helpless. If we don't restore them, the whole universe will soon be at Westcott's mercy.

Antonia: Kio, you're the light wave expert. Maybe you know how to reverse the light scattering.

Kio: [extracts the prism he used earlier from his pocket] The only way I know of is deflecting Refractron's ray through another prism.

Durel: It's worth a try, Kio. Refractron might be too strong for just two Cosmo Cats.

Antonia: But what about the Spider Riders, the Kaleido Gladiators, the Spirit Soldiers, or the Crystal Exceeds?

Qoone: Sadly, eight of the Gladiators are back in Cape Mery rehearsing for their last Kaleido Stage show of 2018, Yuya's group is out of town until tomorrow, the Spirit Soldiers are occupied in Japan with the younger soldiers' finals, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes won't be back from their concerts in San Francisco until next week, and the other Spider Riders are on a cruise. The Exceeds are touring the Statue of Liberty, but Tor said to call if anything goes wrong. In the meantime, the Cosmo Cats are our only hope.

Chayka: But it's gonna take more than one prism to reverse the spell. [hands Kio a second prism] This is the best one we've got, Kio. Make it count.

Kio: Thanks, Chayka. You won't regret it. C'mon, ladies. Let's take the MagnaShip.

Qoone: But be careful. Its camouflage mode hasn't been working lately. Try and find a spot in Central Park where you'll least be detected.

[Back at Central Park, Itokazu writes a script while Arisa and Aiko film Belvedere Castle]

Arisa: I wonder where the others are.

Aiko: It doesn't usually take this long to get a table.

[Suddenly, they spot the Cosmo MagnaShip flying into the scene, hovering over the castle]

Aiko: Arisa, look up there!

[Arisa points her camcorder up at the ship]

Arisa: The Cosmo MagnaShip!

[Via a tractor beam, Eris' group appears on the castle roof]

Arisa: It's Eris and the gang!

Aiko: You don't think they could be...?

Arisa: Hold on. All we saw was the gang coming out of the ship. But we should keep an eye on them, just in case. C'mon.

[They head for the castle; all the while, Itokazu inspects her script]

Itokazu: This should do perfectly. [turns around] Now, girls, who should narrate--? [looks around] Arisa? Aiko? C'mon, guys. This isn't the time to joke around.

[She suddenly notices the two girls approaching Belvedere Castle, then looks up and sees the Cosmo MagnaShip overhead, then remembers what Arisa said earlier]

Arisa: [in flashback] I only wish we knew who they were.

[Back to the present]

Itokazu: Oh, no.

[She rushes after the two girls]

Itokazu: Girls, wait!

[On the castle roof, Kio explains the plan to his team]

Kio: The plan is to goad Refractron into attacking us. Then we duck, throw the prisms into the line of fire, and once the ray hits, it'll pass through another angle of the prisms and hit the three of you, and your memories will be restored.

Eris: I think it might work, but what if he gets you, too?

Antonia: We'll try our best not to get affected.

[Suddenly, Refractron appears]

Refractron: Aha! You're all here! [points at Kio and Antonia] I've been looking for you two!

[Arisa and Aiko watch through a window from inside]

Arisa: [points her camcorder] That must be one of those Demonoids.

Aiko: Hmm. If he knows who they are, then my suspicions might be right.

Arisa: I'm not sure. The Demonoids know all five of ACME's superhero teams. These guys could be any of them.

Kio and Antonia: [whip out their Cosmo Pendants] Cosmo Power!

[They get suited up]

Arisa: [gasps] No way!

Aiko: They really are the Cosmo Cats!

[Itokazu rushes toward them]

Itokazu: Oh, I'm too late!

Arisa: Huh? [turns around and notices Itokazu] Miss Itokazu, you knew about the Cosmo Cats all along?

Itokazu: Girls, you weren't supposed to find out.

Arisa: Why not?

Itokazu: They didn't want to endanger you. Plus, they didn't want to risk you divulging this to the press.

[The two girls pause, then stare at each other, then watch the fight]

Antonia: You've had it, Refractron!

[They charge at Refractron w/their weapons]

Refractron: [fires his ray at the two Cosmo Cats] Take this!

[Kio and Antonia dodge]

Antonia: That was too close.

Refractron: Rats! I won't miss again! But don't worry. You two won't feel a thing.

Kio: We gotta use our prisms, or the Cosmo Cats are finished.

[Arisa and Aiko gasp in shock]

Arisa: The Cosmo Cats, finished?!

Aiko: No.

Kio: Now, Antonia!

Refractron: Nighty night, Cosmo Cats!

[He fires his ray at Kio and Antonia, hitting them just before they can reach for their prisms; the two revert to normal, then shatter into millions of fragments, which then reassemble; they drop the prisms; they look around, completely confused]

Eris: Okay, so now what happens?

Kio: What are you talking about? Who are you?

Manami: Why'd you guys change clothes so quickly?

Antonia: [removes her cat ears] And why am I wearing these?

Refractron: Yes! They're all out of it! That's the end of the Cosmo Cats! [laughs triumphantly] Now to take the Cosmo Cats to Master Westcott.

[Suddenly, Arisa and Aiko approach]

Arisa: Not so fast, Demonoid!

[Refractron turns to notice the duo]

Refractron: Huh?! Who the hell are you?!

Aiko: You've given the Cosmo Cats enough trouble!

Refractron: Listen, you bimbos. I don't know who you are, but you're too weak to stop me from taking these weaklings to my master.

Arisa: You're not taking the Cosmo Cats anywhere! You'll have to get through us first.

Refractron: Don't make me wipe your memories clean, too.

Aiko: Just try us!

Refractron: [growls] Fine! If you two insist on orchestrating your own demise, I'd be happy to oblige!

Arisa: Here we go, Aiko.

[She and Aiko bump fists and charge at Refractron; he fires his ray at them, but they jump up and dodge, then kick Refractron to the ground; Aiko grabs the dropped prisms]

Refractron: [prepares to fire] You commoners have got some nerve!

[Arisa somersaults over Refractron]

Refractron: You're first, missy!

Arisa: [tilts Refractron's head back just before he fires the ray] Aiko! The prisms!

[Aiko tosses the prisms up into the air at the ray; the ray blasts the prisms, which deflect the ray back at Eris' group, restoring their memories and causing them to transform into the Cosmo Cats]

Eris: Uh, Kio, how did we get here?

Kio: Well, you guys had amnesia, so... Wait! My memory!

Manami: Mine, too!

Aoi: It's all coming back to me!

Antonia: Same here.

[The team suddenly notices Arisa and Aiko fighting Refractron]

Eris: Arisa and Aiko!

Kio: We gotta help 'em!

[They whip out their weapons and charge at Refractron]

Refractron: It can't be!

Eris: Cosmo Hammer!

Aoi: Cosmo Bazooka!

Manami: Cosmo Revolver!

Antonia: Cosmo Grappler!

Kio: Cosmo Blade!

[All five strike Refractron w/their weapons]

Refractron: [growls] Leave it to a couple of nobodies to foul everything up!

Kio: You two all right?

Arisa: Yeah, thanks to you.

Kio: Actually, we should be thanking you.

Eris: Yeah! You saved us!

Aiko: We just did what we thought was right.

Arisa: Besides, you gotta give a few non-superheroes a day in the limelight once in a while, don'tcha?

[Itokazu rushes toward the scene]

Itokazu: Thank goodness you're all back to normal.

Aoi: Miss Itokazu, why did you follow us here? It's too dangerous.

Itokazu: I had to follow Arisa and Aiko, because they caught you getting beamed here from the Cosmo MagnaShip. By the time I caught up, they'd already found out the truth.

Eris: You two have to promise to keep this a secret. It's not even safe for you or Miss Itokazu to know.

Arisa: Hey, after what we've been through, your secret's safe with us.

Refractron: [gets back on his feet] That won't matter once you're all dead!

Eris: That won't happen! Roll call! With the fierceness of the mighty tiger! Cosmo Red!

Aoi: With the strength of the mighty jaguar! Cosmo Blue!

Manami: With the speed of the mighty cheetah! Cosmo Yellow!

Antonia: With the tenacity of the mighty snow leopard! Cosmo White!

Kio: With the courage of the mighty lion! Cosmo Black!

Eris: Guardians of Catia.

Kio: Guardians of Earth.

Eris and Kio: We stand and fight for what it's worth!

All five Cosmo Cats: Cosmo Cats, we are united!

Kio: [as Arisa hands him a prism] Let me at this guy!

[He charges at Refractron, who fires his ray at Kio; Kio ducks and holds up his prism, reflecting the ray right back at Refractron, hitting him hard]

Refractron: Good thing my amnesia spell doesn't work on Demonoids' memories. One more blast should do the trick!

[He tries to fire his ray, but nothing happens]

Refractron: Huh?! Why won't I fire?!

[Kio strikes him with his blade]

Kio: It may not have affected your memory, but it did affect your programming, permanently disabling your ray.

Refractron: [gasps] Impossible!

Kio: [as his blade glows] Cosmo Blade!

[He jumps up and stabs Refractron through the midsection with his blade]

Refractron: [groans] I wish my ray really did work on Demonoids so I'd forget this day.

[Kio pulls his blade back]

Kio: Cosmic Impulse!

[He swings his sword in an X formation, firing a wave of black energy at Refractron, hitting him; Refractron falls off the roof and into the pond, and an explosion is shown]

[Back at the Nickar, Roget is furious]

Roget: Defeated by amateurs! I cannot believe it! [growls]

[He runs up to the console]

Westcott: Roget, this is on you, not taking those outside of the Cosmo Cats into account.

Roget: [pushes the Giga Beam button] Refractron won't fail me this time, master. I'll see to that.

[Back in Central Park, the Giga Beam appears from the sky and hits Refractron's remains, reassembling and enlarging him]

Refractron: [laughs] Now your precious Central Park will be history!

Kio: To the ship, Cosmo Cats!

[He and the other Cosmo Cats retreat to the MagnaShip]

Arisa: [turns on her camcorder and points it upward] I gotta document this!

Refractron: [sarcastically] Oh, I'm so scared. You really know how to intimidate a Demonoid.

[Cut to the MagnaShip's bridge with the Cosmo Cats]

Kio: Bluffing won't do you any good, Refractron. Phasers, fire!

[Outside, the ship fires phasers at Refractron, hitting him]

Refractron: [fires a red laser beam at the ship] Outta my way!

[The ship narrowly dodges the blast]

Kio: Engage Photon Cannon!

[The Photon Cannon emerges from the dorsal hull of the Cosmo MagnaShip]

Voice: Open cannon shield!

[The cannon's shield opens]

Cosmo Cats: FIRE!

[The MagnaShip fires a photon blast at from its cannon at Refractron, hitting him hard]

Cosmo Cats: Cosmo MagnaDroid, begin transformation!

[Eris' ship and CatiEarth One emerge from the MagnaShip and combine with it to form the Cosmo MagnaDroid]

Refractron: [whips out a lance and charges at the MagnaDroid] You'll regret ever crossing the Demonoids!

[He strikes the MagnaDroid w/his lance, but the MagnaDroid intercepts with its Cosmo Claws, then spins around and strikes back]

[Cut to the cockpit with the Cosmo Cats (w/Kio in the front seat)]

Kio: [inserts a Cosmo Cell into the controls] Cosmo MagnaDroid sabers, energize!

[Outside, the Cosmo MagnaDroid gets equipped with its sabers and stabs Refractron in the midsection with them both]

Refractron: [groans] Damn you Cosmo Cats to Hell!

[The MagnaDroid pulls its sabers back, revealing a severed Demonoid computer chip]

Cosmo Cats: Victory Strike!

[The MagnaDroid performs a double cross cut w/its sabers, striking Refractron; Refractron screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Kio: Cosmo Cats, mission complete! Meow! [sighs] I gotta work on that victory phrase.

[The Cosmo Cats jump out of the cockpit and rejoin the others]

Arisa: [stops recording] You guys were awesome!

Aiko: Your Cosmo MagnaDroid rocks!

Eris: Thanks. We only do our best.

Kio: We've got a lot to fill you in on over lunch.

[Back at the Nickar, Roget kneels before Westcott]

Roget: Forgive me, master. I'm ready to take any punishment you throw at me.

Westcott: Leave me at once, and don't come back until you've come up with a more competent Demonoid.

Roget: Yes, master.

[He exits]

Westcott: His weakness may have cost me another battle, but next time, ACME will be crushed.

[Tavern on the Green, 1:33pm]

[The gang has lunch, at a table far from the nearest customers]

Eris: So Brittany came up with the idea of a new superhero team for ACME to help out in the battle against Prescott and his Demonoids.

Kio: Prescott's in a coma now, but the Demonoids are still out there. ACME already took out one of his generals.

Arisa: From what I've heard, ACME now has four superhero teams.

Aiko: That's right. Remember when the Crystal Exceeds joined you?

Manami: Mm-hmm. They've done a great job since they joined us.

Aoi: Taking the identities of the Power Rangers is a really big help.

Arisa: I heard they added a sixth one.

Antonia: Mm-hmm. And boy, is she crazy strong.

Aiko: Another girl?

Arisa: The leader must be a chick magnet or something, just like Kio.

Itokazu: Well, guys, we owe Arisa and Aiko a vote of thanks.

Eris: Yeah. If they hadn't had the nerve to stand up to Refractron, it'd have been the end of the Cosmo Cats, and our children would've ended up in foster homes.

Kio: [holds up his glass] A toast to our heroes of the day.

All: [clink their glasses] Cheers!

[FINAL NOTE:
Jean-Michel Roget remains at large.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Antonia: Well, I'm next. Oh, look! A perfect opportunity for me and Kio to develop our relationship!

Kio: Though that woman looks pretty sweet.

Manami: Kio!

Kio: Not that she's any better than you girls!

Eris: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Happy Birthday, Antonia.

Aoi: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (10/25/2020 8:16 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera