ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2019 12:08 am  #1

Side-Fic 304: The Twins/The Punch

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Eris: Hey, everyone! Are you ready for the show? Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen. Okay? Here we go! Meow!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Flashbacks of the Xia twins (Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid) are shown; later, we flashback to Argon resurrecting the twins with his third eye, then meeting Westcott]

[Chinatown, New York City, Tuesday, December 18th, 6:43am]

[In an apartment building, the Xia twins: Yu Fan and Yu Lan watch the sunrise in each other's arms]

Yu Fan: A beautiful morning, isn't it?

Yu Lan: You know, this neighborhood makes me think of home.

Yu Fan: I know the feeling. It's a shame that Argon can't send us back to our dimension.

Yu Lan: Even if he could, we have no purpose there, anyway.

Yu Fan: Yeah, you're right. Our town is gone, Amalgam is history, and our sensei is dead. This is our home now. But what's more important-- We have each other.

Yu Lan: Big sister...

[They embrace]

Yu Lan: [sighs] But to have to do Westcott's bidding just to start anew here,-- It's just not fair.

Yu Fan: I know. But once we've done enough, we'll kill him, then spend the rest of our new lives as a family again.

[Her smartphone on the dresser buzzes; Yu Fan walks up to it and reads the text from LN: "Your new CR-Units are ready. Will beam them to you now."; she tosses the phone to her twin, who reads the text]

Yu Lan: This should be fun.

[Two CR-Unit dog tags appear on the dresser; the twins each take one and hold them up to their foreheads]

Yu Fan: Equip Charmelagne!

[She absorbs her dog tag and gets equipped with a Deux Ex Machina Industries Combat Realizer Unit and a sword]

Yu Lan: Equip Roland!

[She absorbs her dog tag and gets equipped with a Deux Ex Machina Industries Combat Realizer Unit and a sword]

Yu Fan: Joyeuse!

Yu Lan: Durendal!

[They cross their swords]

Both twins: For our future, we shall succeed!

[Later, on board the Nickar, Westcott hands Roget a gold dog tag]

Westcott: I've grown weary of your failures, Roget. Your Demonoids have caused trouble for no one but us. It's time to put all your combat training to the test.

Roget: Yes, master.

Westcott: To assist you and my new recruits in your mission, my fellow Demonoids and I will provide you with our newest army of foot soldiers. LN, bring them in!

[LN enters with an army of new and more lethal versions of DEM's Bandersnatch units]

Westcott: Roget, I give you Bandersnatch version 2.0.

LN: They're far superior to the combined efforts of the original Demonitron, the Cyber Demonitron, and the STUGs. And although they don't have Demonoid computer chips, they're virtually indestructible. [holds up her tablet] Watch this.

[Her tablet shows footage of the Bandersnatch units fighting robotic dummies in the simulator and destroying them with ease]

Roget: They're incroyable! And I know just where to test their skills in the real field.

[Fifth Avenue, 7:55pm]

[Bandersnatch units fly into the scene and attack; citizens panic and try desperately to avoid them; in the massacre, numerous children among the citizens are kidnapped; suddenly, the Cosmo Cats burst in with their weapons]

Manami: Man, this is ugly!

Kio: What the hell are those creeps, and why are they kidnapping the neighborhood children?

Aoi: This has to be Westcott's doing.

Eris: Whoever those robots are, we gotta stop them now!

Manami: Leave it to me!

[She whips out her Cosmo Revolver and tries to aim for the Bandersnatch, but has a hard time aiming]

Aoi: What's the matter with you?!

Manami: It's hard to aim with all those people around!

Antonia: We can't just do nothing!

Eris: We'll have to fight them at close-range! Charge now!

[All five charge at the Bandersnatch and fight them]

Manami: These guys are even stronger than the Cyber Demonitron!

Aoi: Not that we've faced any stronger than Westcott!

[Several units strike Kio rigorously; Kio strikes back w/his blade, but not a scratch is laid upon them]

Kio: Not a scratch?!

Aoi: [fires a blast from her bazooka at seven units] Take this, metal heads!

[The targeted units shield themselves and repel the blast]

Manami: [charges at seven units like a cheetah] Cheetah Charge!

[She strikes the units, but not a scratch is laid]

Antonia: [grabs a few units with her grappler] Let's see how you like this!

[All three units pull free and charge at Antonia]

Antonia: Uh-oh!

[She strikes them back with her grappler]

Antonia: Damn, these things are strong.

Eris: [tackles eleven units like she were a tiger] Tiger Tackle!

[She strikes the units w/her claws; one unit gets up and kicks her back]

Eris: [jumps up] Take this!

[She kicks that same unit on the Demonoid emblem on their midsection; the unit gets vaporized]

Eris: Yes! We finally got one! Guys! Aim for the emblem on their midsection!

[The others nod and fight the units until they strike them in the emblem, vaporizing them]

Kio: Cool!

Aoi: There's still a few dozen left, and they've still got the kids!

Eris: I'll get 'em!

[She charges at the units that had kidnapped the children, but the Xia twins (in their CR-Units) jump in and intercept with their swords]

Both twins: You will go no further!

Eris: Huh?! DEM Wizards?!

Kio: It can't be!

Yu Fan: I am Xia Yu Fan, professional assassin.

Yu Lan: I am Xia Yu Lan, her younger twin sister.

Yu Fan: Leave us now or we'll force you!

Eris: [whips out her hammer] Never!

[She charges at the twins]

Yu Lan: Let's go, big sister!

[Her twin nods; they strike Eris back with their swords]

Eris: I don't give a sh*t what happens to us! Just let the children go, or we'll have to kill you to make you!

Yu Fan: Alien, your prattle disgusts us. Have at her, Yu Lan!

Yu Lan: Yes, sis!

[She charges at Eris; both fight w/their weapons]

Eris: Look at you, just as pigheaded as your sister!

Yu Lan: Say what you want about me, but don't you talk that way about Sis!

[She punches Eris in the gut; Eris punches back; after a minute's worth of catfighting, Eris grabs Yu Lan and tosses her at her twin]

Yu Fan: I gotcha!

[She catches her sister; both hit the ground]

Eris: [pants] Listen! I'm not one for a catfight, but you bitches deserved every second of it for what you did to those kids! [drops her hammer and clenches her right fist] Prepare for a massive headache!

[The twins whip out their swords as Eris leaps up]

Eris: TAKE THIS!

[Suddenly, a flash pushes the twins out of the way and a young boy in their place just milliseconds before Eris can strike the twins; Eris punches the boy in the head; the boy hits the ground, his head slightly bleeding]

Eris: [gasps in horror] Oh, my God! What did I do?!

[She runs up to the boy]

Eris: Come on, kid. Wake up! Wake up!

[The boy's older sister runs up to her; Eris hands the boy to her]

Samantha: Bobby, it's me, Samantha! Hang in there!

Eris: I'm so sorry, miss. I was aiming for those armed women, not him.

Samantha: Forget it. Whoever used my brother as a scapegoat is the one responsible.

Eris: Guys, get a bus!

Kio: [to his phone] Cosmo Cats to Central! We need a bus on Fifth Avenue! A young boy took a blow to the head when someone used him as a shield!

Yu Fan: What just happened?

Yu Lan: That-- That boy.

[Roget, in his Super CDG unit, walks up to them]

Roget: I saved your lives, young ladies. You ought to thank me for it.

Yu Fan: You bastard! We were supposed to bring the children to Westcott, not to use them as human shields!

Roget: If those Cosmo Cats hadn't gotten in the way, I wouldn't have had to.

Yu Lan: We had them! We could've dodged them!

Roget: As if I could take chances with you two new recruits. But you've done well to keep them occupied. I'll be on the sub if you need me.

[He transports out; the twins disengage their units]

Yu Fan: Come on, Yu Lan. Let's go home.

[She and her twin set off for home]

Aoi: That was Roget. He caused all this!

Manami: That sick bastard! Endangering innocent children!

[Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Wednesday, December 19th, 8:23am]

[The Cosmo Cats (minus Eris), still in suit, consult with Samantha and her mother]

Mother: I know your leader wasn't responsible for what happened to my son.

Kio: We'll see to it that the man responsible is brought to justice, and hopefully, we save the kidnapped children, too.

Samantha: For Bobby's sake, I really hope so. [sighs] I gotta get back to him. [leaves]

Mother: Samantha's taken this harder than any of us. She'd been caring for Bobby ever since my husband passed away. She's always there to pick him up from school while I'm working. She also helps me cook, she does Bobby's laundry,-- They do a lot together. Now and then, they argue, but that's natural among siblings. [sighs] I just don't wanna lose another family member.

Aoi: We'll leave you to your kids, ma'am.

Manami: We gotta get back.

Antonia: We'll come back to check on Bobby later.

Mother: Thank you, Cosmo Cats. And good luck.

[The four Cosmo Cats leave the hospital and retroform; they find a depressed Eris (also back to normal) slumping in an alley]

Eris: Why? Why couldn't I stop my fist?! Bobby, please don't die. Please!

[She bursts into tears and knocks on the wall in frustration; the other four walk up to her]

Manami: Eris, we talked with the docs and the kid's mom and sister. Bobby's gonna be fine, but he's still unconscious.

Aoi: Look, no one's pinning what happened to him on you. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Eris: Doesn't this bother you guys at all? I did this to Bobby! I almost killed him!

[She takes her pendant out of her pocket]

Eris: I'm a failure as a Cosmo Cat. I'm not even fit to carry this pendant. [hands it to Kio] Tell the captain I'm quitting!

[She runs off in tears]

Kio: [tries to follow] Eris, wait!

Manami: [stops him] Wait, Kio. We should leave her alone for a while.

Aoi: I'm sure this is hurting her a lot more than it hurt Bobby.

Antonia: Poor Miss Eris.

Kio: No! Just sympathy can't help her.

[He runs after Eris, who stops at the end of the block; Kio catches up to her]

Kio: Eris!

Eris: What do you want now, Kio? I gotta get home to Miyu.

Kio: Eris, do you think you can make things right by quitting the team? That's irresponsible! You're supposed to be our leader!

Eris: What kind of leader am I if I hurt an innocent child?

Kio: Let's go home, Eris. I think we can help.

[132 Madison Street, 9:03am]

[Inside, Eris and Manami practice boxing]

Kio: If you had the dynamic keen vision of a boxer, you probably wouldn't have had that issue.

Manami: That's right, Eris. Good. Attagirl. [holds up a punching pad] STOP!

[In slow motion, Eris is about to punch the pad, but stops, with her right glove just a single centimeter from the pad]

Manami: Great. [lowers the pad] Now for my face.

[Eris suddenly remembers punching Bobby last night; she shudders, then drops her gloves and runs out]

Manami: Oh, Eris! What the hell's the matter with you?!

Kio: Now what are we gonna do?

[Chinatown, 9:13am]

[The twins have breakfast; Yu Fan looks on at Yu Lan, who only stares at her cheese omelet]

Yu Fan: You look upset, Yu Lan. Still bothered by last night?

Yu Lan: I always thought Gates was a sick bastard. Roget was even worse.

Yu Fan: I know. I hate him, too. But we have to carry out our mission.

Yu Lan: Sis, he used a child as a shield. Doesn't that bother you?

Yu Fan: It actually does. In fact, it really hurt me inside. Did you see that boy's sister?

Yu Lan: Yeah.

Yu Fan: She felt as upset as I was when Gates taunted me with your corpse. I should've been there with you when our sensei sent you to kill that Whispered girl.

Yu Lan: Knowing Gates, there was nothing you could do. There's no need to apologize.

[She starts eating her omelet]

Yu Lan: So, what's on the agenda today?

Yu Fan: Westcott will call soon.

[Her phone rings]

Yu Fan: Speak of the devil.

[She accepts the FaceTime call from Westcott]

Westcott: Wasting no time. That's a good girl.

Yu Fan: What's our next mission?

Westcott: I'm sending you two and Roget to the master control room of Grand Central. There, you'll hack into the computers so we can seize control of all trains.

Yu Fan: But how can we seize the control room? There's guards all over.

Westcott: No problem. The captive children are perfect. Even if ACME interferes, use the children as shields against them so they won't retaliate. Nothing better will work against them.

[The twins' eyes widen in shock]

Yu Fan: We're on our way. [hangs up] Scumbag.

Yu Lan: The nerve. Let's just get this over with.

[Back on board the Nickar, Roget approaches the captive children]

Roget: Hypnoid.

[A demonic robot enters]

Hypnoid: Sir.

Roget: Brainwash these children.

Hypnoid: At your service.

[He unleashes a spell upon the children, hypnotizing them]

Roget: Once we're through with the Cosmo Cats, we'll give these children CR-Units and sic them on the rest of ACME.

Hypnoid: A very heinous scheme, sir. I like it.

[132 Madison Street, 9:44am]

[In the garage, Eris is in a fetal position]

Eris: I can't be a Cosmo Cat anymore. I just can't. I'm the worst leader ever. Why did Captain Qoone choose me to be Cosmo Red instead of Kio?

[Qoone walks up to her]

Qoone: Did I hear my name?

Eris: [looks up] Captain.

Qoone: Care for a ride?

Eris: I don't see why not.

[Later, on the road, Qoone drives the group's SUV with Eris riding shotgun]

Eris: Captain Qoone, what's the relevance here?

Qoone: Just be patient, okay, dear? I just need a bit of your time. I'll treat you to lunch later.

Eris: Hmm.

Qoone: [looks to her right] Over here.

[She stops the SUV in front of a boxing gym; she and Eris exit the vehicle and look through the window]

Eris: A boxing gym?

Qoone: [points at a certain boxer sparring] See that man?

[It's J.T. Lang (from Side-Fic 96: Fight Night) (played by Antonio Tarver)]

Qoone: That is J.T. Lang, one of New York's finest heavyweights. His nickname is Sandbag. When he started out, he fought under the name Gelatin Man. But in 1988, his opponent died in the ring, and everyone thought he was a murderer. But the actual cause of the opponent's death was a heart attack. Since that day, he stopped fighting for a year and a half, but he came back strong and under the nickname he maintains today, despite his skepticism in his comeback fight.

Eris: On what grounds?

Qoone: He didn't want to give his opponent a blow to the head, because that's what triggered his heart attack. Not that it was J.T.'s fault, anyway. Even so, for a while, he'd been left with an emotional scar. Despite that, he continued training. His opponent's trainer encouraged him to rise to the occasion.

Eris: Qoone, are you telling me--?

Qoone: Kio told me the story. He was very worried about how hurt you were by last night's accident. [puts her arm around Eris] Healing that wound will be difficult. However, to prevent that same kind of accident, you have to fight.

[Eris watches J.T. in action and thinks for a moment; Qoone's bell chimes; Qoone taps on it]

Qoone: Go ahead.

[Cut back to the mothership]

Melwin: Captain, we've located the Xia twins in Grand Central's control room. It looks as if they're planning on taking over the control room so they can cause railroad chaos.

[Cut back to the city]

Qoone: Understood, Melwin. I'll relay it to the Cosmo Cats. Qoone out.

Eris: Captain, I'm going. I don't know how well I'll do, but...

Qoone: [hands Eris her pendant] If you're gonna go, you're gonna need this. [holds up a small box] And... [opens the box] ...these.

[Inside the box are a new Cosmo Cell and a special wrist-mounted device with four buttons]

Qoone: A new Cosmo Cell for the MagnaDroid, and a new power-up bracelet using the latest resources and technology. I call it the Cosmo Brace. It should come in handy in close combat. As to how much power you gain from it, it's up to you.

[She hands the new gadgets to Eris]

Eris: Thanks, Captain. I'll go get the others.

[She sets off]

[Grand Central Terminal, 10:13am]

[Eris' group approaches the station]

Kio: Are you sure you're up to this, Eris?

Eris: More than ever, Kio. I'll give it my best. Let's go.

[They rush inside; they search for a place to hide, until they find the restrooms; Kio rushes into the men's, whilst the other four enter the women's; a flash is shown; after the flash, they come out of the restrooms as the Cosmo Cats]

Kio: Good thing there was no one inside.

Eris: We gotta get to the control room fast.

[They approach an employee]

Employee: Cosmo Cats, what are you doing here?

Eris: No time to chat, sir. There's trouble in the control center. A pair of bad news twins snuck into the station and are planning to cause major accidents on the railroad.

Employee: I'll call Mr. Brucker. The OCC is seven stories up.

Eris: Thank you, sir. Let's go, Cosmo Cats!

Other four: Right!

[They rush to the elevator; all the while, outside the OCC, Yu Fan and Yu Lan (disguised as tour guides) lead the kidnapped children (all disguised as tourists) to the door]

Yu Fan: We don't usually allow tourists in here, but our boss has ways of making a few exceptions.

Yu Lan: Let's see what our crew is up to today.

[She knocks on the door; a crew member opens the door]

Crew member: Listen, kids, this isn't the place for tourists.

Yu Fan: [holds the crew member at gunpoint] It is for us now.

Yu Lan: Let us in and evacuate the control center at once.

Crew member: [to the rest of his crew] Everybody out! They got a gun!

[The rest of his crew flees from the control center]

Yu Fan: [releases the crew member] You're lucky I'm merciful.

[Suddenly, the Cosmo Cats barge into the scene]

Eris: There you are!

Yu Lan: So, you have arrived.

Yu Fan: Hypnoid!

[Hypnoid appears]

Hypnoid: Took you long enough. [turns to the children] Do you see these children?

[The children are prepared to charge]

Aoi: We can't fight this close! The kids could get hurt!

Manami: Obviously, this Demonoid is using them the same way Roget did, as human shields.

Eris: You're not gonna get away with it!

Hypnoid: Barricade them!

[The children charge at the Cosmo Cats to block their path]

Hypnoid: Go, ladies!

[The twins nod and dash into the control center]

Eris: I won't let you!

[She leaps over the children and into the control center, blocking the twins' path]

Eris: You're not going any further!

[The twins get equipped with their CR-Units]

Yu Fan and Yu Lan: To the finish, alien!

[They charge at Eris w/their swords, who fights them w/her hammer]

[Back outside, the other four Cosmo Cats try desperately to stop the children from attacking them]

Hypnoid: [laughs] At the rate this is going, the Cosmo Cats and the children will end up killing each other, and their poor leader will be so full of despair, she'll be defenseless!

[Back at the control center, Eris' fight with the twins continues, until the twins step back; Roget appears in his Super CDG unit, with a young boy in front of him]

Eris: Roget!

Roget: You fight well when it's two against one, alien. Now let's see if you can't give me your best punch.

[Eris clenches her fist, but doesn't move]

Roget: What's the matter? Go ahead. Hit me!

[Eris remembers the night before when she punched Bobby]

Eris: [lowers her fist] I just can't do it.

Roget: Pathetic coward.

[He fires lasers at Eris, hitting her; Roget pushes the boy aside; the boy rushes out to join the other children]

Roget: There's no place in this universe for a soldier who's forgotten how to fight. I, Jean-Michel Roget, will put you to rest.

[He kicks Eris to the ground; Eris gets back on her feet, and they both fight, but Eris is too hesitant to make a move]

Yu Lan: Why doesn't she fight back?

Yu Fan: She knows he'll use a child as a human shield. She's not really pathetic. Roget is just making her this way.

[Eris hits the ground after taking multiple blows; Roget laughs; Eris' bell chimes; Eris taps on it]

Qoone: Eris, do you copy? Come in, Eris!

Eris: It's no use, Captain. I just can't do it!

Qoone: Calm down. I just received a recorded message from that boy Bobby. I'll play it for you now.

Bobby: [through Eris' bell] Cosmo Red, don't worry about me. I feel fine now. I don't blame you. I blame the man who kidnapped those other kids. Please fight again. You have to beat them, for all our sakes.

Eris: Bobby... [gets back on her feet] He's right. I have to! For the kids!

Roget: Bold speech, alien. [whips out his swords] A shame it will be your last!

[He charges at Eris, who, this time, fights back]

Eris: What you did to those kids was beyond unforgivable, Roget! Cowards like you can't possibly beat us!

[Roget flies them both through a window; the twins follow them as Roget flies himself and Eris to the roof; they land on a flat surface]

Eris: Sure hope this station has insurance for those windows.

Roget: But they won't have any for you when I'm through.

Eris: Or so you say, especially now that you have no children to hide behind. Cosmo Brace!

[Her Cosmo Brace appears on her right wrist]

Eris: [presses 1] Tiger Chop!

[The roar of a tiger is heard; Eris' right fist glows red as she charges at Roget with all her might, then strikes him with a karate chop]

Eris: [punches Roget w/her fist] Tiger Jab!

[She punches Roget in the face hard]

Roget: Impossible! How can I lose, even with a Super Cyber Demon Gear unit?!

Eris: Just admit it. You're a coward who hides behind innocent people. [switches her hammer to Quasi Antimatter mode] It's time to turn yourself in!

[She jumps up]

Eris: Cosmo Hammer, Tiger Fury!

[The roar of a tiger is heard as Eris swings her hammer at Roget]

Roget: [pushes the teleportation button on his left wrist] This doesn't end here! I'll be back!

[He transports out; Eris lands]

Eris: Roget...

[She suddenly hears screaming coming from below; she looks down and sees the Cosmo Cats still attacked by the children; Kio struggles to fight Hypnoid]

Eris: I'm coming, guys!

[But before she can jump down, the twins block her path]

Yu Fan: Where do you think you're going?

Eris: Back off!

[She presses the 2 button on her Cosmo Brace]

Eris: [steps back] Cosmo Boost!

[Her claws glow red as she jumps up and lunges at the twins]

Eris: Tiger Tackle!

[With the roar of a tiger, she tackles the twins; all three fall off the roof and crash to the ground where the others are still fighting]

Eris: [hisses] I'll deal with you two later! [turns to Hypnoid] As for you, Hypnoid, leave my husband alone!

[She leaps up and presses 1 on her brace]

Eris: Tiger Jab!

[She punches Hypnoid in the gut w/her glowing right fist, exposing a piece of his computer chip; Hypnoid falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; the children suddenly snap out of their trances; the children get up and look around, feeling confused]

Kio: You did it, Eris! The kids are back to normal!

Eris: This new Cosmo Brace works perfectly. It sure helped me scare Roget away.

Kio: I'm so proud of you.

[They embrace; the other three Cosmo Cats turn the children over to nearby police officers]

Aoi: Officers, get these kids home. We'll finish it from here.

Cop: You got it. Thanks, Cosmo Cats.

[Aoi, Manami, and Antonia run up to Kio and Eris]

Eris: Now, let's take care of the twins!

[She looks around, but the twins are gone]

Eris: Huh? They're gone!

Kio: Must've chickened out.

Manami: What was with the twins, anyway?

Aoi: They weren't in any dossier I've seen.

Antonia: Could be from another universe. Just call it a hunch.

Kio: And what about those new foot soldiers we fought last night? Man, they were brutal.

Eris: We should talk to the Spirit Soldiers when we get home.

[Suddenly, the Giga Beam appears from the sky and blasts the remains of Hypnoid, reassembling and enlarging him]

Hypnoid: Hey! Forgotten about me?

Eris: Cosmo MagnaDroid!

[The Cosmo MagnaDroid flies into the scene; the Cosmo Cats jump into the cockpit]

Eris: What better time to test out our new Cosmo Cell?

[She inserts the new cell into the controls]

Eris: Cosmo Fists, energize!

[Outside, the MagnaDroid gets equipped with spiked ruby boxing gloves]

Hypnoid: Think your new piece of junk can stop me? Try again!

[He charges at the MagnaDroid and tries to land a blow, but the MagnaDroid constantly dodges; all the while, in the cockpit, Eris continuously moves the control sticks with all her might]

Manami: Today, Eris! Today!

[Eris moves the control sticks even faster; Hypnoid can no longer keep up]

Eris: Dynamic keen vision! That's the key! Cosmo Magna Jab!

[Outside, the MagnaDroid jabs the exhausted Hypnoid repeatedly, the punches him way back]

Hypnoid: You got lucky!

Eris: Never underestimate the power of dynamic vision, Hypnoid. Tiger Hammer!

[The Tiger Hammer appears in the Cosmo MagnaDroid's hands]

Cosmo Cats: Tiger Hammer, final strike!

[The MagnaDroid strikes Hypnoid in the midsection with its hammer, destroying his chip; Hypnoid falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Eris: Cosmo Cats, mission complete! Meow!

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott turns to his henchmen (except the twins)]

Westcott: Whose brilliant idea was it to use children as human shields?

Roget: It was mine, sir. However, Cosmo Red is the one to blame for my failure, because her new--

Westcott: Silence! Your plan, your failure. Not only that, but she defeated you, even though you had a Super Cyber Demon Gear unit.

Delta: Do you realize how pathetic you were?

Epsilon: Even Mu could've done better than you.

LN: [confiscates Roget's dog tag] You're not fit to even wear this dog tag.

[She crushes it]

Westcott: Take him to the brig. His punishment is two weeks' confinement.

[Owen and Ewan grab Roget and take him away]

Delta: But, sir, what about the twins?

Westcott: That was only their first loss. Let them have their time alone.

[Back at the twins' apartment in Chinatown, the twins sit on the bed]

Yu Fan: That alien has more guts than I anticipated.

Yu Lan: Her determination to save the kids and get revenge on Roget for what he did to that boy-- Can't argue with you there.

Yu Fan: Nevertheless, we still have a big job ahead of us before we start our normal lives. I promise, it'll all be over soon.

[Yu Lan lies down on her sister's lap]

Yu Lan: Big Sister?

Yu Fan: Yeah?

Yu Lan: I'm so hungry.

Yu Fan: [pats her sister on the head] Yeah, me, too. I'll order out.

[Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, 11:43am]

[The Cosmo Cats enter Bobby's hospital room, where Bobby (wide awake), Samantha, and their mother await; Eris presents Bobby with a bouquet of flowers]

Bobby: Hey, Cosmo Cats.

Eris: Bobby, I'm really sorry about last night. Please forgive me.

Bobby: Don't worry about it. I'm a fighter, just like you.

Eris: I got your message. It gave me the courage to fight the man responsible for putting you in the hospital in the first place. Thank you, Bobby.

[They embrace]

Bobby: Happy to help, Cosmo Red.

[132 Madison Street, 2:12pm]

[In the lab, the gang (back to normal) sends a transmission to the Fraxinus]

Kotori: I saw your battle at Grand Central, guys. Nice work.

Eris: Kotori, we were wondering-- Did you catch last night's battle with those creepy new robots?

Kotori: Oh, boy, did I? I'd recognize those foot soldiers anywhere. They're called Bandersnatch, humanoid dolls that were originally supposed to be linked to a larger Combat Realizer Unit to operate. Westcott used to manufacture them at DEM Industries. But the ones you fought last night were more vicious. I was gonna call for the Spirit Soldiers when you discovered their weak points on their midsections. We could've jumped in to stop them from taking the kids, but it was too late.

Manami: What about the Xia twins: Yu Fan and Yu Lan? Did they use to work for Westcott?

Kotori: No. They have no prior connection to Westcott, Ellen, or anyone else at DEM whatsoever. We've got a lot of digging to do. Until then, they have to be brought to justice alive. Only destroy their CR-Units before those units try to kill them. I'll relay this to the other three teams.

Eris: Okay. Thanks, Kotori.

Kotori: No problem. Kotori out.

[The transmission ends]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Eris: So we each have an episode to ourselves now. Oh, look! Captain Qoone's got the next two episodes to herself!

Kio: The writers must really like her.

Manami: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Cosmo Violet Part 1. Wait, what?!

Aoi: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Manami: No, really, what's with the title?

Last edited by TVLubber (4/19/2024 1:29 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

3/03/2019 1:49 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 304: The Twins/The Punch

I think the font is now Century Schoolbook.

Board footera