ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2019 4:46 pm  #1

Side-Fic 315: The Return of Quake Pt. 2

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Alvin: Hi, everybody! The show's just about to start! Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room while you're watching, and don't sit too close to your monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[New York Public Library, Saturday, June 1st, 4:11pm]

[Alvin faces Quake]

Alvin: It's time. [raises his manacle] Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up]

Quake: [raises his manacle] Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up into his own uniform]

Dagger: Alvin, you'll have to do battle without me. I can't risk endangering either one of you.

Quake: Good idea, Dagger. I prefer to fight fair. Besides, I don't need you to beat this boy.

Alvin: I really hate to have to do this to you, Quake, but my friends are in danger.

[Both riders grip their blades, then charge at each other and fight]

Savage: [laughs] At the rate this is going, those two will end up killing each other. And with the other Spider Riders out of my way, I'll finally get revenge for Temper!

Alvin and Dagger: Blade of Lightning!

[Their blades fire bolts of lightning at each other, hitting each other; they continue landing blows against each other over the next minute, until Alvin trips up Quake]

Savage: Your tenacity really surprises me, Alvin.

Alvin: That was your biggest mistake: Underestimating the power of an Earthen spirit.

Quake: It matters not!

[They continue fighting]

Alvin: Quake, I may not be the legend you once were, but I'm still a strong Spider Rider, and I can also hold my own in combat. Even so, Savage is controlling you to destroy me. I won't let him get away with it.

Quake: Give it up, Alvin. You'll never defeat me.

Savage: All right. Enough of this foolishness. Time for some real action!

[He unleashes a blast of red lightning from his sword upon Alvin; Alvin groans as he takes the blast]

Dagger: Alvin!

[Alvin falls to his knees and reverts to normal]

Savage: You may be strong, but you're also very easy to wear down after a long fight with your predecessor. I don't think you'll interfere with our plans any longer. [turns to Quake] You've done well, Quake. Now, to begin the destruction of the city. [hands Quake a remote] Since you have no control over Dagger, you can't seize the Flash Formosa. But you can control my latest and greatest robot: The Nega Formosa. But first, make contact with the Spirit Oracle at their warehouse lab. Make sure she knows that it is I behind the end of her precious Spider Riders.

Quake: As you wish, Master Savage. [vanishes]

Savage: [walks up to Alvin] And now, Alvin Seville, your doom.

Dagger: [lunges at Savage] Don't you touch him!

[He tackles Savage to the ground]

Savage: It's pointless to try and resist me, Dagger! You may have the balls to stand up for your Spider Rider, but I promise you, you won't last!

[Suddenly, six of Alvin's Pokéballs burst open, letting out Charizard, Quagsire, Metagross, Empoleon, Gothitelle, and Chesnaught]

Charizard: [roars]

Quagsire: Quagsire!

Metagross: Meta!

Empoleon: Empoleon!

Gothitelle: Gothitelle!

Chesnaught: Chesnaught!

Savage: His Pokémon team?!

Dagger: Get him!

[Metagross and Empoleon fire Flash Cannon at Savage, who intercepts with his sword; from behind, Gothitelle fires Psyshock, hitting Savage, who then takes the blasts from Flash Cannon; Chesnaught slams Savage w/Wood Hammer; Quagsire sprays Savage w/Muddy Water; Charizard fires Flamethrower at Savage, hitting him]

Savage: Bandersnatch, get them!

[An army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units appears and charges at the Pokémon]

Savage: Before I dispose of you, Alvin, I'll let you squirm at the sight of your Battle Spider's demise.

Alvin: [struggles to move] Leave him... alone!

[Savage kicks him]

Savage: At your current state, what can you do to me?

Alvin: [grabs Savage's leg] Tell me where my brothers and friends are!

Savage: [laughs] Just give up. Whether or not I tell you won't matter once I dispose of you.

[He strikes Dagger repeatedly w/his sword; Dagger tries to fire his webs, but Savage cuts them; he then lifts his sword and points it at Alvin]

Savage: Goodbye, Alvin!

[Suddenly, the other seven Battle Spiders charge into the scene and shield Alvin]

Shadow: Hold it right there, Savage!

Venus: Leave the kid alone!

Portia: Brutus, Flame, help Dagger!

Brutus and Flame: Got it!

[They grab the injured Dagger]

Savage: [unleashes flames upon the spiders] Get away from him!

[Ebony and Hotarla spin a web shield in rapid speed, repelling the blast]

Ebony: Our webs can erect shields, too, you know.

Hotarla: And don't you forget it!

Savage: You meddling miscreants! Even if you do save him, you'll never know where your Spider Riders are.

Shadow: We will, with or without you!

[Savage charges at Shadow, until Rito Tsukimi intercepts with her Blaze weapon]

Savage: Oh, it's you.

Tsukimi: Shut the hell up, Savage! What have you done to my Crystal Exceeds?!

Savage: Let's just say they, along with the other Spider Riders, are having the "time" of their lives. [laughs] With them out of the way, your little friend here is helpless.

Tsukimi: You sick demon!

[She strikes Savage in the gut w/her Blaze]

Savage: Bandersnatch, destroy her!

[But the Pokémon have already destroyed every last unit]

Savage: Destroyed by mere Pokémon?!

[The Pokémon nod triumphantly]

Savage: [growls] I'll deal with you later. Don't think this is over. [vanishes]

Tsukimi: Cowardly snake in the grass.

[Her Blaze vanishes; she runs up to Alvin]

Tsukimi: Alvin, are you all right?

Alvin: I'm sorry, Rito. I couldn't get him to tell me where they were. He was just too much for me alone. [hands Tsukimi the key to the SUV]

Tsukimi: [carries Alvin and his bag in her arms] We gotta get him home fast.

[New York City, June 1st, 1776, 2:22pm]

[Several soldiers slowly and quietly search around the coach house; one of them peeks inside, then turns to his fellow soldiers]

Soldier A: In there. Shh!

Tor: [from inside the house] Well, we can't reach Miss Tsukimi.

Lumen: Does that mean we'll be stuck here forever?

Hunter: Well, Alvin and the Battle Spiders are still in the present. I'm sure they'll find a way come back for us.

Simon: Assuming he knows where to look. Remember, we're over two centuries in the past.

Miyabi: Let's just transform.

Hunter: Count us out. We can't transform without our Battle Spiders.

Noia: My powers don't work here. My Vespa Valkyrie powers don't exist yet, even in the Inner World.

Tomoe: Plus, we're stuck in the past, so our phones don't have any service.

[Suddenly, the soldiers burst in, pointing their muskets at the group]

Soldier B: Now we have you! [turns to Carissa] Carissa, aiding and abetting these witches is a serious offense.

Carissa: They're not witches!

Tor: Leave her alone! You can't just punish her for trying to help us!

Tomoe: I think I can handle it. Just play along, okay? [to the soldiers] Pardon me, gentlemen, but if I could just have a moment of your time, I think we can explain everything. You see, technically, we're citizens of this township.

Hunter: Good point. Now, about us showing up out of nowhere,...

Soldier A: Silence! All 15 of you are under arrest!

Corona: Nope. Didn't buy it.

Tor: Ready, guys?

Imari: Let's move!

[All 15 of them exit the house; the soldiers shout indistinctly, but nothing can be done to stop the gang]

Soldier C: After them!

[He and his fellow soldiers run after the gang, down streets, past other homes, and near a hill]

Carissa: Hurry, friends! They're gaining!

Julie: Where are we running to?!

Carissa: My uncle! He can help!

[She leads the gang to a Conestoga wagon drawn by two horses; they hop aboard]

Carissa: Uncle Thomas, we need your help! We need to get these people to safety!

Thomas: No problem. [to his horses] Hyah!

[The horses go faster, until they're completely out of sight from the soldiers]

Aqune: Thanks for the lift.

Thomas: My pleasure, lads and lassies. The name's Thomas. Any friend of my niece is a friend of mine. Just sit back and catch your breath, everyone. We'll be at my homestead in no time.

[Back at the warehouse in the present, in the lab, Tsukimi tries desperately to locate the other Exceeds and Spider Riders; the Battle Spiders watch]

Shadow: Any luck, Miss T?

Tsukimi: Nothing. Wherever they are, their Blaze Phones and manacles must be out of service.

Dagger: Keep trying. Even after Alvin recovers, he can't face Savage and Quake alone.

Shadow: Hold the phone, Dagger. Quake, as in hero Quake?

Venus: Your original rider?

Dagger: Yes. Somehow, Savage revived him and used him against Alvin.

[Suddenly, Quake appears]

Quake: Interesting setup. Earthen technology. Incredible.

Shadow and Dagger: Speak of the devil!

Tsukimi: Blaze on!

[Her Blaze appears]

Quake: I'm not here to fight, or to destroy. I'm here to deliver a message to the Spirit Oracle. I hear your technology can make contact with her.

Tsukimi: First, tell me what Savage has done to the other Spider Riders and my Crystal Exceeds!

Quake: Whatever I plan to tell you, I'll tell you when I'm good and ready. Understand?

Dagger: Miss Tsukimi, please do. The Oracle has a right to know.

Tsukimi: All right. [inputs codes to contact the Spirit Oracle] Spirit Oracle of the Inner World, please make contact! The Spider Riders and Crystal Exceeds are in danger! Someone's here with a message for you!

[The Spirit Oracle appears]

Oracle: What has happened? [notices Quake and gasps] Quake! But how did you...?!

Quake: That's the least of your concerns, Oracle. I'm a servant of the demon Savage now, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Oracle: Do not be conceited. I demand to know what you have done with my Spider Riders!

Quake: Let's just say that wherever they are, history is repeating itself.

Oracle: This is a warning! Should any harm come to them, I'll...!

Quake: What, send their ridiculous mecha after me? Get real. [vanishes]

Portia: Did everyone hear what he just said?

Brutus: He said wherever the others are, history is repeating itself.

Tsukimi: Then Savage must've sent them somewhere in the past. I'll initiate the time processor, but until we can pinpoint the time period they were sent back to, I could have a field day.

Oracle: Without enough information, we have no choice. Start at the present and work your way backward, scanning for any of their genetic markers.

Shadow: And remember, Alvin's still in the present time. Only he can stop Quake and Savage.

Dagger: I'll go check on him.

[He heads upstairs]

[In the infirmary, Alvin sits up in bed; he stares at his Pokéballs]

Alvin: You guys were a big help. Dagger and I might have been dead if it weren't for you buying us time. Thanks.

Dagger: [enters] Alvin, are you feeling any better?

Alvin: No worse for the wear. Any luck in finding the others?

Dagger: Well, we may have a lead. Quake appeared in the lab and gave us a bit of a clue-- Wherever they are now, history is repeating itself.

Alvin: You mean they're trapped in the past?

Dagger: Yes. Miss Tsukimi is currently trying to pinpoint their exact location.

Alvin: I just hope they're all okay.

[Back in 1776, the gang is gathered with Carissa and Thomas at his homestead]

Theodore: Well, looks like we lost those soldiers.

Thomas: You youths didn't deserve what they tried to do to you.

Tor: Thanks for the help, Carissa. Thomas. [shakes hands with Thomas]

Thomas: My pleasure, my young friend. So, Carissa tells me you're from the future. Is that true?

Tor: Mm-hmm, but there's so much about it I don't think you're ready to know yet.

[Suddenly, Savage appears]

Savage: Like me, for instance?

Hunter: Him again?!

Carissa: Is that the demon you told me about, Tor?

Tor: I was hoping you'd never get a glimpse of him.

Savage: Well, it's too late now. I bring a message from the future. Your precious New York City is about to be destroyed. Too bad you're not there to stop it.

Noia: We won't let you get away with it, Savage!

Savage: You're in no position to give me your bullshit. Before I go, here's a little parting gift. [raises his sword] Demonitron, rise!

[An army of original Demonitron appears]

Savage: Remember these guys?

Tomoe: I don't.

Simon: We Spider Riders do. Those are the original Demonitron. Apparently, Savage was their creator, but Prescott thought they were weak and replaced them with robots.

Savage: He was too naive, thinking robots triumph over the real thing. Demonitron, do with them what you wish. I've got a future to destroy. [vanishes]

[Back at the city in the present, Quake stands atop the Empire State Building]

Quake: New York City, your end is near! [pushes the button on his remote] Nega Formosa, rise and destroy!

[A giant mechanical black spider (resembling the Flash Formosa) rises from beneath and fires lasers from its eyes at the ground; construction workers notice nearby]

Foreman: [through his megaphone] Clear the area! Giant enemy robot on the attack!

[Everyone clears the area]

Quake: With the Spider Riders and the Crystal Exceeds out of the way, there's no stopping me now! [laughs]

[Back at the warehouse, the alarm blares; in the lab, the monitor opens a channel to the attack on the city]

Oracle: What is that thing?!

Shadow: It almost looks like Alvin's Flash Formosa, except...

Tsukimi: It's one of the Demonoids' robots.

[The video feed shows Quake atop the Empire State Building]

Ebony: Look, it's Quake! He must be controlling it!

Oracle: This could spell disaster for the city. We have to alert Alvin right away.

[Alvin and Dagger enter the lab]

Alvin: Alert me for what? [notices the Oracle] Oh, it's you again.

Oracle: Alvin, the situation is grave, and we cannot locate the other Spider Riders or the Crystal Exceeds.

Alvin: But what about the other three teams?

Venus: The Kaleido Gladiators already used up a lot of power in their recent battle with Tomahawk, and they're still recharging.

Portia: And the Cosmo Cats, even with Captain Qoone on the team now,-- They won't have enough to even hold this thing off.

Shadow: The Spirit Soldiers are on their way, but I'm not sure if their arsenal is enough.

Alvin: Dagger and I can use the Flash Formosa to take that spider down.

Flame: After that energy drain you sustained, you may not have enough energy.

Oracle: You will be re-energized after you transform, but only for a brief time.

Alvin: Dagger can take me to Quake's location, and after we summon the Flash Formosa, I'll transform.

Tsukimi: Good strategy. We'll keep searching for the others. Good luck, kiddo.

Alvin: Let's ride, Dagger!

[Back in the city, the Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene of the attack and fire upon the Nega Formosa, which is not even fazed]

Shido: Not even so much as a scratch!

Tohka: This won't be easy.

Kotori: Who said it would be?

[Cut to the Nega Formosa's cockpit with Quake]

Quake: Even you Spirit Soldiers together pale in comparison to the legendary Spider Rider. Nega Flare!

[Outside, the Nega Formosa unleashes a flash of black flames upon the Sephira Voyagers, hitting them]

Shido: Initiate Sephira Ultra Robo transformation!

[All 11 voyagers combine to form the Sephira Ultra Robo; the Sephira Ultra Robo grabs the Nega Formosa, lifts it up high, then tosses it to the ground hard]

Quake: Time to even out the odds. Fighter Mode!

[The Nega Formosa assumes its own Fighter Mode (similar to the Flash Formosa's) and gains a black blade; the Sephira Ultra Robo gets equipped with its Sephira Ultra Spear; both mecha fight, but no matter how hard it tries, the Sephira Ultra Robo's attacks can't even scratch the Nega Formosa, which constantly lands blows on the Sephira Ultra Robo; back on the ground, Alvin and Dagger enter the scene and look up at the fight]

Alvin: A demonized version of the Flash Formosa?

Dagger: We have to take it out fast, but we can't risk killing Quake. He's still under the spell, after all.

Alvin: Dag, at this rate, we may not have a choice. Who knows how much longer the Spirit Soldiers can hold out? Flash Formosa, mobilize!

[The Flash Formosa crawls into the scene]

Alvin: Arachna Power!

[He gets suited up; he and Dagger jump into the Flash Formosa's cockpit]

Alvin: Quake, forgive us.

Dagger: Initiate Fighter Mode!

[The Flash Formosa converts to Fighter Mode]

Quake: Finally, a worthy opponent.

[The two Formosa mecha engage in a fight]

[Cut to the Sephira Ultra Robo's cockpit]

Tohka: I sure hope Alvin can beat that guy, even with what little energy he has left.

Shido: We gotta have faith. Plus, we've still got our finisher to completely disable the Nega Formosa's circuits.

Origami: If only it were that simple, Shido. The Nega Formosa is so powerful that any blow it lands can easily drain an opponent of some of its energy, just like it did to us. I don't think our spear will have enough juice to take it out.

Kotori: Well, I'm not giving up on Alvin. None of us should.

Kurumi: I'm with you. I believe in Alvin.

Yoshino: Yeah, me, too.

Miku: The more support he has, the better.

Kaguya: He may just be a kid, but at least he's got skill and style.

Yuzuru: Agreed. He's one of ACME's finest.

Natsumi: I know he can do this.

Nia: Even if he's outmatched, he won't give up.

Mukuro: We're behind him all the way.

Tohka: Well, Origami?

Origami: You all make valid points.

[All 12 join hands]

[Back outside, the Flash Formosa fires a flash of red flares at the Nega Formosa, who fires a flash of black flares right back; both attacks hit each other]

Quake: Very impressive, Alvin, but that doesn't mean you'll beat me.

Alvin: Oh, really? Well, I may not be a legend like you, but that doesn't matter. Savage will never triumph. Nor will any of the Demonoids!

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Alvin: Next time: The Return of Quake, Part 3.

Last edited by TVLubber (8/03/2019 6:11 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera