ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2020 11:37 pm  #1

Side-Fic 324: Gong Gone

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Gong: Yo, everyone! Gong's all ready for the show. Are you? Just remember to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen. Let's go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Tony Dapolito Recreation Center, 1 Clarkson Street, New York, NY, Thursday, July 4th, 11:33am]

[Eris' group is gathered with Yuya, Zuzu, and Gong by the outdoor pool; Durel watches as Yuya walks toward the end of the diving board]

Durel: Yuya Sakaki needs an average score of at least 8.0 for a chance at the silver.

[Yuya performs a double-gainer dive off the board and splashes into the pool; Durel holds up a 10-point score paddle; Chayka holds up a 9.0; Melwin holds up a 9.0]

Durel: 9.3!

[Qoone is next at the board]

Chayka: Up next is Captain Qoone. How will her forward pike fare?

[Qoone performs a forward pike dive off the board and splashes into the pool]

[Scores:
Durel: 9.5
Chayka: 10
Melwin: 9.0]

Chayka: 9.5! Wonderful. That score won't be easy for Zuzu Boyle to beat.

[Zuzu is next at the board; she performs a forward dive off the board and splashes into the pool]

[Scores:
Durel: 10
Chayka: 9.5
Melwin: 10]

Melwin: 9.8! Top score of the day!

[The others dive one by one, and their average scores are shown:
Eris: 9.7
Kio: 8.9
Aoi: 7.5
Manami: 9.0
Antonia: 8.5
Itokazu: 8.0
Maya: 7.7
Sara: 7.7
Ichika: 9.1]

[Up next is Gong]

Durel: Gong Strong's dive has a degree of difficulty, so this could score him big-time points.

[Gong jumps off, but ends up tumbling into the pool with a big splash]

Durel: Scratch that.

[She and the other two get splashed with water]

Melwin: Jeez! Watch it, Shamu!

[Score:
Durel: 5.0
Chayka: 4.5
Melwin: 2.5]

Melwin: 4.0.

Gong: [climbs out of the pool with the others] Divin's just not Gong's sport.

Yuya: I really appreciate you inviting us here, Eris.

Eris: Don't mention it, Yuya. We haven't hung out much since we met last year.

Zuzu: I'm surprised even Captain Qoone came with us.

Qoone: Sunshine, fresh air-- What more could a mothership captain want? No way I could say no.

Kio: Well, Captain, it's good for you to get out and have a little fun once in a while.

[Yuya and Gong get dried up and put on their shirts]

Zuzu: Where are you two going?

Yuya: Oh, Gong and I are needed at the MagnaShip's holodeck.

Gong: Alvin and Simon have challenged us to a tag-team duel.

Zuzu: [sighs; turns to Qoone] That's their idea of fun.

Manami: Give 'em a break, Zu! Now, even though Alvin's dueled Yuya before, he never once had the chance to face Gong.

Yuya: We'll catch up with you guys for lunch later.

Gong: See ya.

[He and Yuya exit]

Zuzu: Typical.

Eris: Hey, Captain Qoone, race you to the end of the pool?

Qoone: You're on!

[They dive into the pool and race]

[Meanwhile, in the Fusion Dimension, Roget stands before an army of soldiers and robots]

Army: Hail Roget! Lord and ruler of the Fusion Dimension! Hail Roget!

Roget: Many of you greatly outshine ACME Crime Net with your tremendous might.

Army: Sir!

Roget: Then why do we keep losing one of you at every attempt to destroy them?! Yu Fan, Yu Lan, report!

[He receives a transmission on the monitor from the Xia twins]

Roget: Update me on the latest developments in your technology.

Yu Fan: We're currently finalizing the construction of a device that'll enable you to abduct your enemies through a smartphone and hold them prisoner in your dimension.

Roget: Excellent. As soon as it's ready, transmit it to me, then I shall test it out on a member of ACME Crime Net to see if it works. But don't think I've forgiven you for failing to bring me the data on the Omega MagnaShip.

[Cut back to the twins' apartment]

Yu Lan: That was the Cosmo Cats' fault. They gave us fakes. There's nothing we can do about it now.

Roget: Enough! Back to work!

[The transmission ends]

Yu Fan: Bastard. At least he doesn't know who really put the virus in those discs.

Yu Lan: [finishes constructing the device] I'm surprised he even had the technology to get his control console back online.

[132 Madison Street, 11:49am]

[In the warehouse's game room, Simon and Theodore watch as Alvin plays Joe Montana Football on the Sega Genesis]

Simon: Center hikes. Quarterback steps back. Pumps once, throws over the middle, and... complete!

[Yuya and Gong enter (now in their usual attire)]

Yuya: Hey, guys! We're back!

Alvin: Oh, hey, guys. I'm right in the middle of Joe Montana Football. Time's almost up, and I'm at the 48-yard line.

Simon: And it's a footrace!

Theodore: He's down to the 40, 35, 30,... 20!

Simon: Alvin could... go... all... the... WAY!!!

Alvin: TOUCHDOWN!!!

[He and his brothers hi-five; Alvin turns off the Genesis]

Alvin: Final score: L.A.: 37, Denver: 3!

Theodore: Good game, Alvin.

Gong: Gong's never seen that game before.

Yuya: Me, neither.

Alvin: It's a retro game. One of the coolest sports games on the Sega Genesis.

Yuya: Oh, yeah. Sega stopped making hardware before I was even born. Anyway, you guys ready to duel?

Simon: You bet!

Alvin: I can't wait to see how you operate your Superheavy Samurai deck.

Theodore: I'll stay here and play more video games. Let me know when it's time to meet the others at the pool.

Alvin: You got it, Theodore.

[He and Simon follow Yuya and Gong out as Theodore inserts another cartridge into the Genesis: Altered Beast, then turns on the system and plays]

[On board the Cosmo MagnaShip's holodeck (simulation: Dueling arena), Alvin and Simon face Yuya and Gong as they all hook up their duel disks; they each draw five cards]

All four: Let's duel!

[LP:
Alvin and Simon: 4,000 (Alvin's hand: 5; Simon's hand: 5)
Yuya and Gong: 4,000 (Yuya's hand: 5; Gong's hand: 5)]

[Each of them rolls a six-sided die:
Alvin: 3
Simon: 5
Yuya: 4
Gong: 6]

Gong: Gong's gonna go first. [places two cards in his Pendulum Zones] And the duel begins with the Pendulum monsters: Superheavy Samurai General Jade and Superheavy Samurai General Coral!

[Said two monsters appear in the Pendulum Zones (Scale: 1-8)]

Gong: [places two cards] Go, Pendulum summon!

[Two monsters appear:]

Gong: Superheavy Samurai Transporter!

[LV: 5
DEF: 1,800]

Gong: Superheavy Samurai Battleball!

[LV: 2
DEF: 800]

Gong: Turn's over.

Alvin: Simon, you rolled a bigger number than me, so you go first for my team.

Simon: Right. [draws] I draw! [sets three cards] I set three cards and end my turn. Yuya?

Yuya: No monsters this turn, huh? I think you're onto something, Simon. [draws] I draw! [in his mind] Since Gong already has these two Pendulum monsters on the field, I can't Pendulum-summon any non-Superheavy Samurai. Luckily, I've got these babies. [aloud] I activate this Spell: [places a card] Performapal Popperup! This is a good way to get around the restrictions of Gong's Pendulum cards. [discards three cards] I send three cards from my hand to the graveyard: Performapal Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix, Performapal Odd-Eyes Minataurus, and Performapal Bubblebowwow. [draws three cards] Then I draw three cards. Then I get to special-summon up to three monsters from my hand whose levels are in between the numbers on the Pendulum Scale, and it won't count as a Pendulum-summon. If not, I lose 1,000 life points for each card in my hand. [places three cards] Here we go!

[Three monsters appear:]

Yuya: Performapal Celestial Magician!

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,500]

Yuya: Black Fang Magician!

ATK: 1,700]

Yuya: And Purple Poison Magician!

ATK: 1,200]

Yuya: Now, to build the Overlay Network with Black Fang Magician and Purple Poison Magician!

[Said monsters convert to streaks of light; the Overlay Network appears]

Yuya: Let's go, Timestar Magician!

[Timestar Magician emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 4
ATK: 2,400]

Alvin: Nothing I haven't seen before. I have a copy of that card myself.

Yuya: Then you should know about its effects. By using an Overlay Unit, I can add a Dark Spellcaster from my deck to my hand.

[Timestar Magician absorbs an Overlay Unit; Yuya takes a card from his deck]

Yuya: [reveals the card] I've picked Harmonizing Magician, which I'll save for later. But right now, I activate Performapal Celestial Magician's effect. Since I control an Xyz monster, its original attack points double.

[PERFORMAPAL CELESTIAL MAGICIAN:
ATK: 3,000]

Alvin: [in his mind] Unless Simon has something good in the back row, this duel could be over before I even get a chance!

Yuya: Performapal Celestial Magician, attack Alvin and Simon directly!

[Performapal Celestial Magician waves its scepter and fires a blast of energy at the two Chipmunks]

Simon: [reveals set card] Not so fast! I activate Trap Hole of Spikes! This Trap destroys an attacking monster that was summoned this turn. So long, Celestial Magician!

Yuya: [sends a card from his deck to his graveyard] No way! I activate Timestar Magician's effect! By sending Nobledragon Magician from my deck to my graveyard, Celestial Magician is safe from your trap!

[Timestar Magician casts a spell to protect Celestial Magician from Trap Hole of Spikes]

Simon: You may save your monster, but you won't stop this: [reveals set card] Defense Draw! [draws a card] I draw a card, and I take no damage from this attack.

[The attack is cancelled out]

Yuya: All right, then. Timestar Magician, attack!

[Timestar Magician fires a blast from its scepter at Alvin and Simon]

Simon: [reveals set card] Quaking Mirror Force should save us!

[Yuya's magicians get flipped into face-down defense mode; Timestar Magician's last Overlay Unit vanishes]

Yuya: Well, so much for that.

Simon: Quaking Mirror Force not only flips your monsters in attack mode face-down into defense mode, but it also prevents either of them from changing battle positions.

Yuya: [places another card] Well, in that case, I'll have to put main phase 2 to good use and tribute my face-down magicians!

[Both of his monsters vanish]

Yuya: Turn up the heat, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,500]

Yuya: But that's not all. I activate Nobledragon Magician's effect from my graveyard. By reducing Odd-Eyes' level by 3, I special-summon her from my graveyard!

[Nobledragon Magician reappears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 700]

[ODD-EYES PENDULUM DRAGON:
LV: 4]

Alvin: I bet you're gonna Synchro-summon. But keep in mind, once you occupy an Extra Monster Zone, unless you have a Link monster with the necessary Link Arrows, you and Gong can't special-summon monsters from your Extra Deck.

Yuya: Gong, I hope you don't mind.

Gong: It's all right with Gong.

Yuya: Superheavy Samurais Transporter and Battleball, link up!

[Said monsters link up and glow]

Yuya: Circuit Combine! [places a card from his Extra Deck] Link-summon Linklebell!

[Said monster appears]

[LINK: 2
ATK: 1,500]

Yuya: Now I can perform a Synchro-summon. I tune my level-3 Nobledragon Magician to my level-4 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Said two monsters tune together]

Yuya: [places another card from his Extra Deck] Behold, Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon!

[Said monster appears on the Main Monster Zone pointed at by Linklebell's bottom-left Link Arrow]

ATK: 2,500]

Yuya: By summoning it, I get to special-summon a monster from my team's Pendulum Zones. Superheavy Samurai General Jade, join the team!

[Said monster transports from its Pendulum Zone to a Main Monster Zone]

[LV: 8
DEF: 2,800]

Gong: Good move, Yuya!

Yuya: [sets a card] And it'll only get better from here on out. Alvin, you're next.

Alvin: Thanks, Yuya. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I'll start by activating Polymerization! I fuse Elemental Heroes Bladedge and Wildheart!

[Said monsters appear and fuse together]

Alvin: Two Earth monsters unite as one,
and sooner or later, this duel will be done!

I Fusion-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Elemental hero Wildedge!

[Elemental Hero Wildedge appears]

ATK: 2,600]

Yuya: All that rhyming when you're Fusion-summoning-- Have you been taking lessons from Sora?

Alvin: Sora Naegino hardly ever duels. I didn't get that from her.

Gong: No, not that Sora. He meant Sora Perse, a little guy from the Fusion Dimension.

Yuya: He was pretty much a roller-coaster. All's good now.

Alvin: Oh... Okay. Anyway, Wildedge has the power to attack all your monsters. But the fun doesn't stop there. [places another card] Because I'm activating H - Heated Heart! This card gives Wildedge 500 more attack points, and when he attacks a monster, even in defense mode, you take piercing battle damage. Now he's strong enough to wipe out all your monsters and your life points!

[ELEMENTAL HERO WILDEDGE:
ATK: 3,100]

Alvin: Wildedge, attack all of Yuya and Gong's monsters and finish this duel! Scimitar Slash!

[Wildedge charges at all opposing monsters]

Yuya: Very predictable, Alvin. But you've forgotten about my set card. [reveals set card] Paleozoic Canadia! It's time you two got a dose of your own medicine!

[Wildedge is about to get flipped face-down]

Alvin: I'm not letting Wildedge go out that easily. [places another card] I activate De-Fusion! Wildedge, split back into Bladedge and Wildheart!

[Wildedge splits back into Bladedge and Wildheart]

[ELEMENTAL HERO BLADEDGE:
LV: 7
ATK: 2,600]

[ELEMENTAL HERO WILDHEART:
LV: 4
DEF: 1,600]

Alvin: And since Bladedge was summoned during the battle phase, I can still attack with it! Bladedge, attack Superheavy Samurai Battleball! Slice and Dice!

[Bladedge slices and dices Battleball to nothingness, dealing Yuya and Gong damage]

[LP:
Alvin and Simon: 4,000 (Alvin's hand: 1; Simon's hand: 3)
Yuya and Gong: 2,200 (Yuya's hand: 2; Gong's hand: 1)]

Alvin: [sets his last card] I set a card and end my turn. You're up, Gong.

Gong: [draws] Draw! [places a card] Go, Superheavy Samurai Fist!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 900]

Gong: Now it's time for Superheavy Samurai General Jade to attack Wildheart!

[Superheavy Samurai General Jade raises its staff]

Alvin: Wait a minute! It's in defense mode! Why is it attacking?!

Yuya: Most of Gong's Superheavy Samurai not only have the power to attack while in defense mode, but they can apply their defense points for damage calculation.

Alvin: Uh-oh.

[Superheavy Samurai General Jade strikes down Wildheart, destroying him]

Gong: Now, to activate Superheavy Samurai Fist's effect. If a Superheavy Samurai monster destroyed a monster in battle, Gong gets to Synchro-summon!

Alvin: First, I activate this Trap: [reveals set card] Hero Signal! Since you destroyed Wildheart, I get to special-summon a Hero from my deck: [places a card from his deck] Elemental Hero Stratos!

[Said monster appears]

DEF: 300]

Gong: Gong will chain Paleozoic Canadia's effect from the graveyard, special-summoning it to the field as a monster!

[Paleozoic Canadia appears]

Alvin: [takes a card from his deck] Special-summoning Stratos lets me add an Elemental Hero from my deck to my hand: Elemental Hero Solid Soldier.

Gong: Not that it'll matter, 'cause this duel's over! Now Gong can tune level-2 Superheavy Samurai Fist to level-8 Superheavy Samurai General Jade!

[Said two monsters tune together]

Gong: [places a card from his Extra Deck] Come out, Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susanowo!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 10
DEF: 3,800]

Gong: Susanowo, attack Bladedge with Swinging Sword Slash!

[Susanowo strikes Bladedge with its staff, destroying him and dealing Alvin and Simon damage]

[LP:
Alvin and Simon: 1,600 (Alvin's hand: 1; Simon's hand: 3)

Gong: Now, Paleozoic Canadia, attack Stratos!

[Said monster strikes down Stratos, destroying him]

Gong: Linklebell, attack them directly!

[Linklebell strikes Alvin and Simon directly]

[LP:
Alvin and Simon: 300 (Alvin's hand: 1; Simon's hand: 3)

Gong: Now, Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon, attack 'em directly and finish this duel with Spiral Meteor Strike!

[Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon fires his attack at Alvin and Simon directly, hitting them]

[LP:
Alvin and Simon: 0 (Alvin's hand: 1; Simon's hand: 3)

[All monsters vanish; the simulation ends]

Computer: Simulation terminated.

Simon: Wow.

Alvin: Those Superheavy Samurai were pretty tough.

Yuya: You almost had us beat, boys.

Simon: Aside from the three Traps I set, all I had in my hand was Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, and Ancient Gear Golem - Ultimate Pound. I'd have had to hope for a Fusion card on my next turn.

Alvin: You tried, bro. You tried.

Yuya: You both did, and I'm really proud of you.

[He and Alvin shake hands; Simon and Gong do the same]

Alvin: Thanks, but don't think we're gonna go easy on you next time.

Gong: Ditto.

[All four bump fists, then exit the ship]

[Back at the Fusion Dimension, the twins' device is transported to Roget's hands]

Roget: Now, on whom to use it?

[His monitor opens a channel to the warehouse, where Gong is about to grab his smartphone]

Roget: Perfect. [hands the device to a Demonoid] Toxidrone, why don't you do the honors?

Toxidrone: It'll be my pleasure, boss. There's no job too big for one of your top generals.

[Back at the warehouse, Gong receives a text from his father: "How are things at the Big Apple, son?"; Gong replies: "Hunky-dory, Pop. Having a 4th of July pool party."; suddenly, the phone receives a transmission from Toxidrone]

Toxidrone: Greetings, Gong Strong, from the Fusion Dimension.

Gong: Who are you?!

Roget: Never mind. Mr. Roget humbly requests your presence.

Gong: As if! Fat chance he'll ever find Gong comin' to his place.

Yuya: [approaches him] Gong, what's goin' on?

Toxidrone: I'm afraid you haven't a choice.

[The phone releases bolts of lightning, which zap Gong and transport him inside; the phone falls to the ground, much to Yuya's shock]

Yuya: Gong! [grabs the phone] Gong, please come back!

Toxidrone: Don't worry, Yuya. You're coming, too.

[Yuya shuts the phone off, ending the transmission; the Chipmunks enter]

Alvin: Yuya, where's Gong?

Simon: It's almost like he left in a flash.

Yuya: Yeah, you might say that. Guys, we gotta get to the lab!

[Back at the Fusion Dimension, in Roget's base, Gong is shackled before Roget]

Roget: I humbly welcome you back to the Fusion Dimension, Gong. I see you feel right at home.

Gong: Buzz off, Roget! You're makin' a big mistake, transporting a duelist to your base!

Roget: I find that to be false. Gentlemen, bring in our volunteer.

[His Obelisk Force soldiers enter, led by a duelist carrying a Doom Disk]

Roget: Norman Wolford, your challenge awaits.

Wolford: Not quite the opponent I had in mind, but one duelist is as good as the next.

Gong: Gong will make you eat those words.

[Both he and Wolford activate their duel disks and put on their gazers, then draw five cards apiece]

Gong and Wolford: Let's duel!

[LP:
Gong: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Wolford: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

[They each roll a die:
Gong: 1
Wolford: 3]

Wolford: I'll start things off. [places a card] I summon Cardcar D!

[Cardcar D appears]

ATK: 100]

Wolford: [sets two cards] I set these cards, then end my turn by tributing Cardcar D to draw two more cards.

[Cardcar D vanishes; Wolford draws two cards]

Gong: [draws; places two cards] Time to use the same opening move Gong pulled against Alvin and Simon in our duel! Pendulum monsters: Superheavy Samurai General Jade and Superheavy Samurai General Coral, take the field!

[Said two monsters appear in the Pendulum Zones (Scale: 1-8)]

Gong: [places two cards] Go, Pendulum summon!

[Two monsters appear:]

Gong: Superheavy Samurai Transporter!

Gong: Superheavy Samurai Gigagloves!

DEF: 1,000]

Gong: [places another card] Now, to tribute these Superheavy Samurai for a tribute-summon!

[His monsters vanish, and in their place appears...]

Gong: Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei!

DEF: 3,500]

Gong: Leaving yourself wide open was a big mistake, Wolford! And there's a price to be paid as such! Big Benkei, attack him directly!

[Big Benkei charges at Wolford]

Wolford: I see your Superheavy Samurai are capable of attacking, even if in defense mode. [reveals set card] Nevertheless, Defense Draw will keep that from happening. [draws a card] Adios, damage!

[He takes the hit, but no damage]

Gong: Lucky move, Wolford. Turn's over.

Wolford: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Instant Fusion! By paying 1,000 life points, I special-summon Sea Monster of Theseus!

[LP:
Gong: 4,000 (Hand: 1)
Wolford: 3,000 (Hand: 5)]

[Sea Monster of Theseus appears]

Wolford: This Fusion monster happens to be a Tuner monster, so I can Synchro-summon with it. [places another card] But first, I'll tribute it to summon Salvage Warrior!

[Sea Monster of Theseus vanishes, and Salvage Warrior appears in its place]

ATK: 1,900]

Wolford: By tribute-summoning Salvage Warrior, Sea Monster of Theseus returns to the field!

[Said monster reappears]

Wolford: [places another card] Now, I activate Pot of Greed! [draws two cards] I draw two cards. [places another card] Next, I activate Pot of Desires! [banishes the top 10 cards of his deck] I banish the top 10 cards of my deck face-down, then draw two more cards. [draws two cards; places another card] Now, I play Pot of Extravagance! [banishes six cards from his Extra Deck] I banish six random cards from my Extra Deck to draw two new cards. [draws two more cards] Now, I tune my level-5 Sea Monster to my level-5 Salvage Warrior!

[Said monsters tune together (5 + 5 = 10)]

Wolford: I Synchro-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Ascension Sky Dragon!

[Ascension Sky Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 10
ATK: ?]

Gong: No attack points? That's not gonna beat Big Benkei.

Wolford: Quite the contrary, Gong. When it's Synchro-summoned, Ascension Sky Dragon gains 800 attack points for every card currently in my hand. I have seven, so that's a total of 5,600!

[ASCENSION SKY DRAGON:
ATK: 5,600]

Wolford: All right, Ascension Sky Dragon! Attack Big Benkei now!

[Ascension Sky Dragon fires a blast at Big Benkei, destroying it]

Gong: You'll regret that, Wolford.

Wolford: [sets two cards] Oh, I'm just getting started. Your move.

Gong: [draws] Draw! [places a card] Gong will now play Sekka's Light! This card lets Gong draw two cards if there are no Spells or Traps in Gong's graveyard. [draws two cards] But for the rest of the duel, Gong can't activate any Spells or Traps other than Sekka's Light. But since Superheavy Samurai decks don't rely on Spells or Traps, it doesn't matter to Gong. [banishes a card from his graveyard] Next, Gong will banish Sekka's Light to activate its graveyard effect: To reveal a card in Gong's hand and shuffle it into the deck, then draw another card. [reveals a card in his hand] Superheavy Samurai Soulfire. [shuffles the card into his deck, then draws a card, then places another card] Now, here comes Superheavy Samurai Blowtorch!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 1

Gong: Since this guy's a Tuner, Gong will tune it to level-8 Big Benkei!

[Said two monsters tune together (1 + 8 = 9)]

Gong: Take the field, Superheavy Samurai Beast Kyubi!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 9
DEF: 2,500]

Wolford: Oh, come on! That's an even worse defense than Big Benkei!

Gong: Not quite. Since Gong has no Spells or Traps in the grave, Kyubi gains 900 defense points for every one of your special-summoned monsters! That's a total of three, giving it 1,800 defense points!

[SUPERHEAVY SAMURAI BEAST KYUBI:
DEF: 4,300]

Wolford: Still not enough.

Gong: Oh, it will be soon. [places another card] Gong now Pendulum-summons Superheavy Samurai Swordsman!

[Said monster appears]

Gong: Now, for the fun. Kyubi, attack Ascension Sky Dragon!

[Kyubi raises its staff and strikes Ascension Sky Dragon]

[LP:
Gong: 3,600 (Hand: 1)
Wolford: 3,000 (Hand: 5)]

Wolford: You're making a mistake here, Gong!

Gong: Mistake, eh? Just check out Superheavy Samurai Swordsman's effect! When another Superheavy Samurai battles, the monster it battles loses all of its attack and defense points after damage calculation!

[ASCENSION SKY DRAGON:
ATK: 0
DEF: 0]

Gong: And it's not over yet. Superheavy Samurai General Coral's effect kicks in, allowing Kyubi to attack your dragon again!

[Kyubi strikes down Ascension Sky Dragon, this time, destroying it]

Gong: This duel goes to Gong!

Wolford: Not quite! [reveals set card] I activate another copy of Defense Draw! [draws a card] I draw a card and take no battle damage.

Gong: Rats! Well, at least your dragon's gone.

Wolford: For now, but since you destroyed it, I get to special-summon its Synchro materials back from the graveyard!

[Sea Monster of Theseus and Salvage Warrior reappear]

[SEA MONSTER OF THESEUS
LV: 5

[SALVAGE WARRIOR:
DEF: 1,600]

Wolford: The only drawback is that their effects are negated, not that I'll need 'em.

Gong: You may have survived this turn, but Gong will survive the whole duel. Turn's over.

Wolford: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I summon Black Salvo to the field!

[Black Salvo appears]

Wolford: [places another card] Next comes Machine Duplication! This turns one Black Salvo into three!

[Black Salvo multiplies by three]

Wolford: [places another card] Next, I activate Doriado's Blessing! I tribute one Black Salvo!

[One Black Salvo vanishes]

Wolford: [places another card] Now, here comes Elemental Mistress Doriado!

[Said monster appears]

Wolford: It's just the combo I need to destroy you once and for all! Monsters, link up!

[All five of his monsters link together]

Wolford: Behold, a monster without peer! A monster far superior to its Fusion monster counterpart! I Link-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Five-Headed Link Dragon!

[Five-Headed Link Dragon appears and roars ferociously]

[LINK: 5
ATK: 5,000]

DEF: 3,400]

Gong: Oh, boy.

Wolford: And there's more to this monster than just a high amount of attack points. If Five-Headed Link Dragon is successfully Link-summoned using monsters whose attributes include Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water, all your cards are destroyed!

Gong: Point of order, Wolford! Two of your monsters were Water monsters, and one was a Light monster!

Roget: Oh, I beg to differ with you, Strong. Elemental Mistress Doriado's effect allows her to be treated not only as a Light monster, but as an Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water monster. All he needed was a Dark monster like Black Salvo and three more monsters.

Wolford: Which means you're history!

Gong: Not so fast! [discards his last card] Superheavy Samurai Soulfire Suit protects Kyubi from being destroyed this turn!

[All of Gong's cards, except for Kyubi, are destroyed]

Wolford: [growls] Lucky move, Gong. But as long as I control Five-Headed Link Dragon, you can't win! This dragon is unaffected by card effects, and it can only be destroyed in battle by Light-attribute monsters, of which there are none in terms of Superheavy Samurai. I end my turn.

Gong: [in his mind] This one's gonna be tricky. But even if Gong does win, Roget's certainly not gonna give Gong a chance to escape. Here's hopin' Yuya finds a way.

[132 Madison Street, 12:01pm]

[In the lab, Yuya and the Chipmunks are gathered]

Alvin: What?! Gong's trapped in his own phone?

Yuya: No, Alvin. He was pulled into the Fusion Dimension. Jean-Michel Roget and one of his Demonoids did this.

Simon: I'll make contact with Tyler Steele.

[He whips out his iPhone and prepares to make a call to Tyler Steele; suddenly, Simon's phone receives a transmission from Toxidrone]

Toxidrone: Ah, more ACME detectives! Roget's gonna love this!

Yuya: Simon, hurry! Shut it down!

Simon: Huh?

Alvin: Just shut it down!

[Simon immediately shuts down his iPhone]

Yuya: That's exactly what happened before Gong disappeared. That same creep appeared on Gong's phone, and the next thing I knew, he was pulled into the screen.

Simon: We're still gonna need Tyler's help, but reaching him by smartphone is out.

Yuya: Do you guys have an ordinary phone?

Theodore: It's upstairs.

Alvin: It's the yellow one by the back door. You can't miss it. Lucky for us, he's at home today. Call his home number.

[Yuya heads upstairs, picks up the main phone, and dials Tyler's number]

Tyler: [on phone] Steele here.

Yuya: Mr. Steele, this is Yuya Sakaki. We've got a crisis on our hands. Gong's been abducted by Roget.

Tyler: How?

Yuya: One of his Demonoids pulled him into his smartphone, and Gong just vanished.

Tyler: I'll be right over, Yuya.

Yuya: But whatever you do, don't use your smartphone. Roget might catch you, too.

Tyler: Roger that. Steele out.

[Yuya hangs up]

[Back at the Fusion Dimension, Roget pins Toxidrone to the wall]

Roget: Toxidrone, you fool! How could you let them get away?!

Toxidrone: Sorry, sir, but they were too quick for me this time!

Gong: Hey! Gong can hear you! Face it, Roget. They're too smart for you to capture.

Roget: We'll see about that.

[LP:
Gong: 3,600 (Hand: 0)
Wolford: 3,000 (Hand: 3)]

Gong: Now, where were we? Oh, yes. [draws] Draw! [places a card] Time to activate another copy of Sekka's Light! [draws two cards] That means two more cards for Gong. [reveals a card from his hand] Next, Gong activates Sekka's Light's effect from the graveyard again to banish it, then shuffle Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei back into the deck to draw another card. [shuffles the card he revealed back into his deck, then draws a card; places a card from his Extra Deck] Superheavy Samurai Beast Kyubi, link up!

[His monster vanishes, and in its place appears...]

Gong: Here comes Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow!

[LINK: 1
ATK: 0]

Wolford: [scoffs] Wasting your best monster on a wimpy Link monster?

Gong: One that protects Gong from battle damage when it battles as long as Gong has no Spells or Traps in the graveyard. [discards a card] Plus, it lets Gong discard a monster to special-summon a Superheavy Samurai from Gong's graveyard! Return to the field, Superheavy Samurai Beast Kyubi!

[Said monster reappears]

[LV: 9
DEF: 2,500]

Gong: Next, Gong special-summons the recently-discarded Superheavy Samurai Fist from the grave by reducing Kyubi's level by one!

LV: 8]

[Superheavy Samurai Fist appears]

DEF: 900]

Gong: [sets his last card] Next, Gong sets a monster to end the turn.

Wolford: Before the turn ends, I banish five cards from my graveyard face-down to keep Five-Headed Link Dragon on the field. [banishes five cards] Sea Monster of Theseus, Black Salvo, Elemental Mistress Doriado, Cardcar D, and Ascension Sky Dragon. My turn now. [draws] I draw! Five-Headed Link Dragon, destroy Kyubi!

[Five-Headed Link Dragon fires five blasts at Kyubi, destroying it]

Wolford: [sets a card] My turn is over.

Gong: [draws] Draw! Turn's over now.

Wolford: [reveals set card] First, I activate Needlebug Nest to send five cards from the top of my deck to my graveyard. [sends the five cards on top of his deck to the graveyard, then banishes them all] Now I banish them all to keep my dragon on the field. [draws] Draw! Now, my dragon, destroy his set monster!

[Five-Headed Link Dragon fires five blasts at Gong's set monster (Superheavy Samurai Drum), destroying it]

Gong: Big mistake. Because you attacked and destroyed Superheavy Samurai Drum, it gets to special-summon a Superheavy Samurai from Gong's graveyard. Superheavy Samurai Transporter, welcome back!

[Superheavy Samurai Transporter reappears]

Gong: Well, Wolford?

Wolford: [sets a card] I'll just end my turn with this card.

Gong: Good. [draws] Draw! Now it's time for another Synchro-summon! Gong tunes level-2 Superheavy Samurai Fist to level-5 Superheavy Samurai Transporter!

[Said two monsters tune together (2 + 5 = 7)]

Gong: [places another card from his Extra Deck] As fast as the wind! As quiet as the forest! Silent ninja, hit the finishing blow! Synchro-summon! Come, level 7 Superheavy Samurai Stealth Ninja!

[Said monster appears]

Gong: This monster may not be able to destroy your dragon, but you should worry more about your life points! By cuttin' this monster's defense points in half, Stealth Ninja gets to attack you directly!

[SUPERHEAVY SAMURAI STEALTH NINJA:
DEF: 1,400]

Gong: Go!

[Stealth Ninja charges at Wolford]

Wolford: [reveals set card] Negate Attack!

[The attack is negated]

Wolford: Too bad, so sad.

[Watching from above, Roget is furious]

Roget: Lucky break. But that Trap is only going to prolong this duel. Time for drastic measures.

[He activates another device; remote-controlled shackles hover toward Gong and shackle him by the legs]

Gong: Hey! What the hell is this?!

Wolford: Oh, you'll see soon enough.

Gong: Gong's turn is over.

Wolford: [banishes five cards from his graveyard] And pretty soon, so will the whole duel. [in his mind] And you. [aloud; draws] I draw! [sets a card] I set another card. Five-Headed Link Dragon, destroy Stealth Ninja now!

[The dragon fires its attack at Stealth Ninja]

Gong: [discards a card] Not so fast! Superheavy Samurai Soulbuster Gauntlet's effect activates! By discarding it, Gong doubles Stealth Ninja's defense points!

DEF: 5,600]

Wolford: No!

[Stealth Ninja repels the attack, sending a small piece of it right back at Wolford, hitting him]

[LP:
Gong: 3,600 (Hand: 1)
Wolford: 2,400 (Hand: 4)]

Wolford: Lucky move. I end my turn.

Gong: [draws] Draw! Stealth Ninja, attack Wolford directly!

DEF: 1,400]

[Stealth Ninja charges at Wolford]

Wolford: [reveals set card] This time, the damage comes back to you! Magic Cylinder, negate the attack!

[Stealth Ninja charges into one cylinder, then charges at Gong coming out of the other and strikes him]

[LP:
Gong: 2,200 (Hand: 1)
Wolford: 2,400 (Hand: 4)]

[Red lights on the shackles start flashing; they drain Gong]

Gong: [groans] What's happening to Gong?!

Wolford: Those shackles Mr. Roget gave you will slowly drain your life energy, depending on how much damage you take. And the fun doesn't stop there. [reveals set card] I activate Needlebug Nest! I send five cards from the top of my deck I send to the graveyard. [sends the top five cards of his deck to his graveyard] Now I can wipe the floor with you.

Gong: Doubt that. Turn's over.

Wolford/: [banishes five cards from his graveyard] All right. [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Card of Sanctity! Each of us gets to draw until our hands hold six cards apiece.

[He and Gong draw until their hands each contain six cards]

Wolford: My deck may be diminishing slowly, but I intend to win before then. [places a card he just drew] Starting with Darklord Nurse Reficule!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,400]

Gong: Why bring out a monster that won't beat Gong's Superheavy Samurai?

Wolford: [places a card] Because this card is the beginning of the end for you. I activate Upstart Goblin! [draws a card] I draw a card, and you gain 1,000 life points.

[Gong takes damage and groans in pain from the shackles]

[LP:
Gong: 1,200 (Hand: 6)
Wolford: 2,400 (Hand: 5)]

Wolford: I forgot to tell you, Darklord Nurse Reficule's effect changes the effects of you gaining life points to you taking damage equal to the amount you would've gained.

Gong: You snake!

Wolford: Whatever it takes to make you suffer a slow and painful death. All in the name of Jean-Michel Roget!

Soldiers: Hail Roget! Hail Roget!

Gong: [in his mind] Gong can't let up now. But even if Gong does win, how's Gong gonna get outta here? Yuya, if you're still home, Gong hopes you've found a way.

[132 Madison Street, 12:09pm]

[Tyler enters the lab; Zuzu also enters]

Yuya: Zuzu, aren't you supposed to be at the pool with the others?

Zuzu: Why didn't you text me? I got worried! Where's Gong?

Yuya: That's why I didn't text you. Gong was pulled into his phone, and he just vanished. If I texted you, I'd risk the chance of either of us being captured, as well.

Zuzu: Where is he?

Tyler: The Fusion Dimension. What we need to do is trace the fiber optic transmission route which links Gong's phone with the exact source of his captors.

[He types on the computer, then opens a channel to Roget's base]

Zuzu: Roget has his own base?

Alvin: Look! There's Gong!

[Tyler zooms in on Gong in his duel with Wolford; Gong struggles in pain]

Yuya: Dueling against a soldier with a Doom Disk?! That can't be good! What's the score, Mr. Steele?

Tyler: Gong: 1,200, his opponent: 2,400. [runs a scan on Wolford] But that opponent looks familiar.

[A rap sheet on Wolford pops up]

Tyler: I knew it! Norman Wolford, 36 years old, took a plea to a murder-two charge in 2003. He served 15 years.

Yuya: Who'd he kill?

Tyler: A witness to cop killing his partner committed. Wolford knew if he didn't give up his partner, he'd get the death penalty. So he spilled the beans, and the 3-1 shot his partner to death just when he was about to kill another cop.

Alvin: Enough about Wolford. What about Gong?!

Simon: We have to act now. Otherwise, he'll never get out of the Fusion Dimension alive.

Tyler: I'll summon the Cosmo Cats immediately. [pushes the intercom] Cosmo Cats, this is Tyler Steele. We have another crisis on our hands. Please report back to the warehouse immediately.

Eris: We're on our way, Mr. Steele!

Yuya: Let me go in after Gong, Mr. Steele. I've got an old score to settle with Roget.

Tyler: It's too dangerous, Yuya. You may be a duelist, but Gong's up against one with a Doom Disk. And Roget's got an army of soldiers and Demonoids--

Yuya: That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Tyler: At any rate, our transportal devices are still getting tuned up. We can't transport you to the Fusion Dimension.

Yuya: But I can let Roget take me captive.

Zuzu: That is crazy! It'll be you against Roget and his entire army! I'll go. I'm a Kaleido Gladiator.

Yuya: Zuzu, if the tables were turned and I was Roget's prisoner, I know you or Gong would do it for me.

Alvin: We'll go with you guys.

Yuya: No, Alvin. You three will be better help for us here at the lab.

Zuzu: Stay here with Tyler and monitor our progress until the Cosmo Cats arrive.

Theodore: Just be careful, you two.

Simon: Get yourselves and Gong back home in one piece.

Zuzu: Kaleido Power!

[She gets suited up]

Yuya: Now to take the bait!

[Tyler points his smartphone at Yuya and Zuzu; it receives a transmission from Toxidrone]

Toxidrone: Hello, Sakaki! Ah, a Kaleido Gladiator, too! All dressed up with nowhere to go?

Yuya: We're not afraid of you or Roget!

Toxidrone: Well, you oughta be. Transport!

[Yuya and Zuzu get transported into the phone; Tyler locks his phone]

Tyler: Well, the rest is up to them now.

Alvin: Good luck, Yuya. Zuzu.

[Back at the Fusion Dimension, Gong struggles to get back on his feet]

Wolford: Now, to damage you even further! [places another card] Rain of Mercy! Normally, each of us gains 1,000 life points, but thanks to Nurse Reficule, only I gain the life points, whereas you take 1,000 points of damage!

[Gong gets zapped with damage]

[LP:
Gong: 200 (Hand: 6)
Wolford: 3,400 (Hand: 4)]

Wolford: Luckily for you, I haven't the cards necessary to end this duel now. Until I do, I'll have to settle with destroying Stealth Ninja so you won't get to my life points. Five-Headed Link Dragon, do your stuff!

[Five-Headed Link Dragon fires its attack at Stealth Ninja, destroying it]

Gong: Playing Card of Sanctity was a really big mistake, Wolford. [discards a card] It allowed Gong to draw Superheavy Samurai Soulbeads, which Gong will discard to activate its effect! Since you destroyed Superheavy Samurai Stealth Ninja, it returns to the field in attack mode!

[Stealth Ninja reappears]

[ATK: 1,200]

Wolford: Grave mistake, Gong. Now that your monster is in attack mode, Nurse Reficule can wipe both it and you out!

[Nurse Reficule fires her attack at Stealth Ninja]

Gong: Here goes nothin'. [discards a card] Superheavy Samurai Blowtorch's effect switches the attack target to Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow!

Wolford: No!

[Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow takes the blast and is destroyed]

Gong: Guess you didn't forget that Gong doesn't take battle damage in attacks involving Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow.

Wolford: [growls] You'll regret this, Gong! [sets a card] I end my turn.

[Suddenly, Yuya and Zuzu appear]

Yuya and Zuzu: Gong!

Gong: Yuya! Zuzu!

Roget: Zarc and Ray! So we meet again.

Yuya: Save your small talk, Roget!

Zuzu: We're here for Gong!

Roget: As soon as his duel is over, I'll give him to you. And it won't be long.

[Yuya and Zuzu check the scoreboard]

Yuya: Aw, man.

Wolford: Oh, you'll be happy to know that your friend was able to defend himself, even with his life points running dry.

Gong: Just gotta buy some time. [draws] Draw! [places a card] Gong summons another copy of Superheavy Samurai Fist!

[Superheaavy Samurai Fist appears]

Gong: Now, Fist, link up! [places another card from his Extra Deck] Make way for another copy of Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow!

[Fist vanishes; Superheavy Samurai Scarecrow reappears in Gong's Extra Monster Zone]

[LINK: 1
ATK: 0]

Gong: [discards a card] Gong now discards another card to activate Scarecrow's effect. Special-summoning Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei!

[Superheavy Samurai Big Benkei reappears]

Gong: [places another card] Plus, Gong's gonna need some extra backup, so here comes Superheavy Samurai Prepped Defense!

[Said monster appears]

DEF: 2,100]

Wolford: Oh, that's a smooth move. But that weakling won't do any good.

Gong: Oh, it will. 'Cause Gong activates Superheavy Samurai Fist's effect from the grave, special-summoning it back and reducing Big Benkei's level by one!

[Fist reappears]

[SUPERHEAVY SAMURAI BIG BENKEI:
LV: 7]

Wolford: Bolstering your defenses won't save you from my dragon!

Gong: Who said Gong was gonna defend? Gong tunes level-2 Superheavy Samurai Fist to level-3 Prepped Defense and level-7 Big Benkei!

[Said three monsters tune together (2 + 3 + 7 = 12)]

Yuya: A level-12 Synchro-summon!

Zuzu: I knew he'd come through!

Gong: Go, Synchro-summon! Make way for the pain train, Superheavy Samurai Steam Train King!

[Superheavy Samurai Steam Train King enters the field]

[LV: 12
DEF: 4,800]

Wolford: Oh, I'm so scared. NOT!

Gong: You should be! Gong activates Steam Train King's effect, banishing every Spell and Trap from our graveyards!

Wolford: What?! NO!

[All cards from his graveyard are banished]

Wolford: That's my whole graveyard!

Gong: And for each card banished, you take 200 points of damage!

[Wolford gets blasted with damage]

[LP:
Gong: 200 (Hand: 2)
Wolford: 2,000 (Hand: 4)]

Wolford: Summoning your best monster is only delaying your inevitable defeat.

Gong: Don't think so! Superheavy Samurai Steam Train King, ram Nurse Reficule and wipe him out!

[Steam Train King charges at Nurse Reficule]

Wolford: [reveals set card] I activate Altar for Tribute, sweeping Nurse Reficule to the graveyard!

[Nurse Reficule vanishes, and the attack stops]

Wolford: In exchange, I gain life points equal to her attack points.

[LP:
Gong: 200 (Hand: 2)
Wolford: 3,400 (Hand: 4)]

Wolford: Just you wait.

Gong: [groans] Gong ends this turn. And with it, your dragon!

Wolford: NO!!!

[Five-Headed Link Dragon vanishes into dust]

Gong: With only two cards in your graveyard, Five-Headed Link Dragon can't stay on the field. That's why Gong summoned Steam Train King, to wipe your graveyard clean.

Wolford: My most powerful monster. How could he have destroyed it?! [growls; tries to draw] I draw!

[His deck is empty]

Wolford: [tries to draw again] Draw!

Roget: You spent the whole duel focusing on your dragon and getting off on the pain Strong was suffering that you didn't pay attention to your ever-diminishing deck.

Wolford: Huh? [notices his deck, then turns to Gong] You son of a bitch!

Gong: The only sons of bitches around here are you and Roget. This duel's over, Wolford.

[All monsters vanish; Gong collapses to the ground]

Roget: And with that, your Doom Disk will take your life.

[Wolford's Doom Disk vanishes into dust; his cards scatter to the ground; for some reason, Wolford shuts his eyes, but after a few seconds, opens them]

Wolford: Wait a minute. Why am I still alive?

Yuya: I thought a Doom Disk could kill a losing duelist. Why didn't it kill Wolford?

Toxidrone: [looks through a manual] There's got to be a loophole somewhere. Oh, here it is. Under "Effects", section 3, article 1.3: "Death will only occur if a duelist's life point counter hits 0. Does not apply to decking out or duel-winning card effects." Sir, why didn't you design--?

Roget: [grabs the manual and smacks Toxidrone with it] Shut up! The technology to manufacture these Doom Disks was severely limited. Besides, life points dropping to 0 is the most common method of losing a duel, so why bother?

Zuzu: [runs up to Gong and cuts the shackles off with her flute-saber] We'll be taking Gong back now.

Roget: You can try, but you won't leave this dimension alive! GET THEM!

Toxidrone: Let's go, men!

[He leads the army in the charge]

Zuzu: Keep an eye on Gong, Yuya. These guys are mine!

[She charges at the army and fights them with her saber]

Gong: Don't worry about Gong, Yuya. Go get 'em.

Yuya: You know I'm not part of a superhero team, Gong. I'm just a duelist.

Gong: No, buddy. You're more than that. Don't forget what Gong taught you. What everyone taught you in your mission to get Zuzu back. You do more than just put on a show. You fight. Gong knows you can do it, man. Your pops knows. Your mom knows. Zuzu knows. There's not a single friend who doesn't know you're capable of fighting back. You just need the opportunity to prove it. And this is it.

Yuya: [sits up] All right, then.

[Zuzu strikes down soldier after soldier, until Toxidrone corners her]

Toxidrone: Outta the way, Boyle!

[He sprays Zuzu with toxic foam; Zuzu hits the ground and drops her saber]

Zuzu: [groans] Damn! Toxic foam! [struggles to move her arms] I can't reach my booster! Yuya, help!

Toxidrone: Gotcha! Bye-bye, Gladiator!

[Suddenly, Yuya charges at Toxidrone and kicks him to the ground]

Yuya: [helps Zuzu up] Zuzu, are you all right? I came as soon as I heard you call me.

Zuzu: Yuya, don't touch me! He sprayed me with toxic foam. It might spread.

Yuya: Then stay there. I'll take this guy for you.

Zuzu: Be careful he doesn't spray you, too!

Toxidrone: Oh, you're gonna pay for that, Sakaki!

[He and Yuya get into a fight, with Yuya narrowly dodging nearly every one of Toxidrone's moves]

Zuzu: Way to go, Yuya!

Gong: That's Gong's buddy.

Yuya: You ought not have messed with my best friends!

Toxidrone: You ought not have messed with Roget! You foiled his plans in the past, just like you are now!

[Back at the lab, Tyler and the Chipmunks watch the fight]

Tyler: Look at him go!

Alvin: When did he get so good at fighting?

Simon: I'll bet he was watching Zuzu in her battles.

Tyler: Guess dueling really does have its effect on people.

[Eris' group rushes in; Eris, Aoi, Manami, Kio, Antonia, and Qoone are suited up]

Eris: Sorry for the delay. There was traffic.

Qoone: How do we get to the Fusion Dimension?

Tyler: [holds out his phone] Like this. Just watch.

[The phone receives another transmission from Toxidrone, still in the middle of his fight with Yuya]

Toxidrone: Aw, come on! More victims?! Fine! Whatever!

[The Cosmo Cats get zapped into the Fusion Dimension; Tyler locks his phone]

Tyler: Hopefully the transportal devices have enough power now for the return trip.

Simon: I'll send for backup officers in case they bring back any perps.

[Back at the Fusion Dimension, the Cosmo Cats appear]

Roget: Toxidrone, how could you screw up twice in one day?!

Toxidrone: You never said not to transport the Cosmo Cats in!

Roget: You should've used common sense after the Lorikeet of Love infiltrated us!

[Yuya punches Toxidrone to the ground]

Yuya: Took you guys long enough.

Aoi: [pats Yuya on the back] You did a great job keeping them at bay, Yuya.

[They notice Toxidrone getting back on his feet]

Toxidrone: This isn't over by a long shot! [to the rest of the army] Stand aside, troops. I don't need you.

[The rest of his army leaves]

Toxidrone: Yuya Sakaki, Cosmo Cats, you're mine!

[He extends his claws and charges at Yuya and the Cosmo Cats]

Qoone: I'll keep an eye on Zuzu and Gong. Take them out!

Other five Cosmo Cats and Yuya: Right!

Zuzu: Be careful, guys.

Gong: That Demonoid's bad news!

[All six charge at Toxidrone and fight him]

Yuya: Where are your friends, Toxidrone?

Toxidrone: I don't need their help to take you down.

Antonia: Oh, really?

Toxidrone: When you've tasted my toxic foam and my claws, you'll wish you'd never come to save Mr. Strong!

Eris: Thanks, but that's not in our diet!

Toxidrone: Clever talk time's over.

[He sprays his foam; Yuya and the five Cosmo Cats dodge the foam]

Toxidrone: [tosses his claws at them] Catch!

[Kio strikes down each claw with his blade as Antonia pins Toxidrone against the wall with her grappler; Eris whacks Toxidrone with her hammer before Aoi and Manami fire blasts from their weapons at him, hitting him]

Yuya: My turn!

[He leaps at Toxidrone and kicks him in the gut]

Antonia: [releases Toxidrone] Way to go, Yuya!

Toxidrone: Nice move, pal, but there's more where those claws came from.

[He whips out a sickle and charges at Yuya with it]

Zuzu and Gong: Yuya!

Eris: Watch out!

[Yuya narrowly dodges, then grabs one of the discarded claws]

Yuya: Here! Have a taste of your own claws, you cut-rate Demonoid!

[He tosses the claw at Toxidrone, who barely knocks it back by swinging his sickle, but suddenly loses his balance; the core five Cosmo Cats get into Cassiopeia formation as Qoone jumps in with her Cougar Saber]

Qoone: While he's at his moment of weakness, why don't I jump in?

[All five Cosmo Cats activate the jewels on their chests; they unleash laser beams that form the constellation Cassiopeia]

Cosmo Cats: Five-Star Finish! Cassiopeia!

[Cassiopeia strikes Toxidrone hard; Qoone raises her glowing sword; she becomes surrounded by flames as she charges at Toxidrone]

Qoone: Cougar Saber! Catian Blitz!

[She strikes Toxidrone with her saber hard; Toxidrone electrifies]

Qoone: Finish him off, Yuya!

Eris: I'll give you a boost.

[She launches Yuya up]

Eris: Altitude!

[Yuya prepares a flying side kick]

Aoi: Trajectory!

[Yuya aims for Toxidrone]

Manami: Velocity!

[Yuya spins around like a drill toward Toxidrone and strikes him hard; Toxidrone screams as he gets sent flying, then hits the ground, and an explosion is shown]

Yuya: Bingo!

[Zuzu, recovered from the foam, gets back on her feet]

Zuzu: YES! I knew you'd do it, Yuya!

[After the smoke clears, all that is left of Toxidrone is his shattered computer chip and charred device; Qoone picks up the device]

Qoone: So it was this wretched thing that brought Gong here in the first place. [crushes the device] Well, no more!

[The gang turns to Wolford]

Wolford: Hey! All I did was duel Gong!

[Zuzu grabs him]

Zuzu: Yeah, with a Doom Disk! You could've killed him!

Yuya: Not to mention, those shackles around him drained him of his life force every time he lost life points, so you took advantage of it!

[He cuffs Wolford]

Yuya: You're under arrest.

[The Cosmo Cats grab ahold of Wolford; Yuya and Zuzu help Gong up; a portal back to the warehouse opens]

Gong: Yuya, you were awesome.

Yuya: Let's get you home, buddy.

[The gang goes through the portal just before it closes; Roget is furious; he turns to his army]

Roget: You incompetent buffoons! You had them all in your hands, and you let them all get away!

[Back at the twins' apartment, Yu Fan receives a transmission from Roget while Yu Lan grills hot dogs, chicken, and burgers]

Roget: Your device worked perfectly, but the prisoners got away, and the device was destroyed.

Yu Fan: [sarcastically] Why am I not surprised?

Roget: That attitude won't get you anywhere, Yu Fan! Your service has been everything short of helpful in my quest for revenge!

Yu Fan: We're losing you, Roget. There's some interference.

[She ends the transmission; her twin approaches the table with the food]

Yu Lan: Huh? What interference?

Yu Fan: Never mind. I'm hungry.

[She grabs a hot dog and eats it]

[132 Madison Street, 12:15pm]

[Outside, Wolford is escorted out of the warehouse by NYPD officers and into a squad car; the Cosmo Cats and Zuzu, back to normal, watch]

Zuzu: This time, he's going away for good.

Kio: But there's one thing that's bothering me. If he lost a duel while he was using a Doom Disk, why is he still alive?

Antonia: Yeah, a Doom Disk is supposed to take the life of a losing duelist, wasn't it?

Zuzu: Only if their life points hit 0. It's the most common way to lose a duel. We'll talk more about that later. We gotta check on Gong.

[They head for the infirmary, where Yuya sets Gong on the bed, with a device overhead; Tyler, the Catian Mothership's crew, and the Chipmunks are by the computer]

Yuya: Try not to move, Gong.

Zuzu: Are you sure this is gonna work, Mr. Steele?

Tyler: My friend Professor Horatio Hart had a case like this with one of our V.R. Troopers when Grimlord tried to drain his powers. All we gotta do is reverse the amplification of Gong's bipolar attributes to return him to normal.

Durel: We're ready to proceed.

Gong: Wish Gong luck, guys.

[Yuya and Zuzu each give him a thumbs-up signal]

Gong: Now.

[Tyler pushes a button, and the device re-energizes Gong; Gong gets back on his feet]

Kio: You all right, Gong?

Gong: Dunno. Let's see.

[He performs his martial arts and dueling moves]

Chayka: I'd say he's back in action!

Gong: Thanks, Mr. Steele.

Tyler: Anytime, Gong.

[They shake hands; Gong turns to Yuya and Zuzu]

Gong: Yuya, Zuzu, you really took a big risk comin' to the Fusion Dimension to save Gong's life. Gong will never forget that.

Yuya: That's what best friends are for, Gong.

Zuzu: You'd have done the same for us.

[All three join in a group hug]

[FINAL NOTE:
Norman Wolford was convicted of attempted murder in the first degree and is now serving a life sentence in Attica Correctional Facility without possibility of parole.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Zuzu: Why am I in the next episode if the other Gladiators still aren't?

Eris: Oh, you'll see, Zuzu.

Manami: What the hell?! Why am I dueling?!

Kio: Next time: Yuya Goes Missing.

Aoi: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (10/11/2020 2:51 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

1/08/2020 2:30 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 324: Gong Gone

Speaking of that game for the Saga Genesis, what was the name of the L.A. team when the video game was made?

1/10/2020 12:47 am  #3

Re: Side-Fic 324: Gong Gone

ACME Crime Net wrote:

Speaking of that game for the Saga Genesis, what was the name of the L.A. team when the video game was made?

The Raiders. Remember, the game was developed in 1990 and launched in '91.

Last edited by TVLubber (1/10/2020 12:48 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera