ACME Crime Net

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2020 10:53 pm  #1

Side-Fic 327: ACME vs. Yuya Pt. 2: The Duel Begins

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Alvin: Hey, everybody! Showtime's almost here! Just remember to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen.

https://i.imgur.com/M3vrTmw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YKngzMo.jpg

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

Eris: Previously on ACME Crime Net...

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[Fusion Dimension, 10:33am (EST)]

Yuya: [pumps his fists in the air] As ruler of the Fusion Dimension, I will eradicate all evil and protect all that is good and helpless! It is for this purpose that I must deal with Cosmo Red myself!

Eris: Yuya, I'm telling you, you're being used! Try to remember! I'm your friend! Think about your friends!

Yuya: Yuya?

Eris: Yes! You're Yuya Sakaki. You and I are members of ACME Crime Net. You're a duelist and and entertainer. A Duel-tainer! Roget brainwashed you! He lied to you! He always lies!

Yuya: [groans] Why can't I remember who I really am?

Roget: Master, ignore her. She is tricky.

Eris: No! He's the one tricking you, Yuya!

Roget: Don't buy into that masquerade, sir. You know what must be done. Concentrate!

Yuya: [shakes his head] Yeah. You're right, Roget. [turns to Eris] I won't fall for your tricks, Cosmo Red! I've seen the evil you've done! It's time to wipe out ACME Crime Net for good!

Eris: Tell me what you did to Yuya, Roget!

Roget: My master challenged you, Cosmo Red. You must duel him!

Eris: But I've never dueled before! Besides, I won't fight my friend, and you can't force me!

Roget: I'm afraid you don't have a choice. Guards!

[Guards appear and surround Eris on all sides, forcefully attaching a duel disk to her left wrist; they then vanish]

Eris: Just so you know, I don't have any cards.

Roget: How unfortunate. Fear not, for my master will select the perfect deck for you. Vince?

[Vince enters with five numbered decks of Duel Monsters cards]

Vince: Young master, view all of these decks first, then make your decision.

[Yuya looks through every card in each deck]

Roget: I highly recommend #2, sir. [quietly] Cosmo Red will surely lose with that kind of deck. I'll settle for 1, 3, and 4, but #2 is a guarantee.

Yuya: I choose...

[He is about to reach for deck #2, when suddenly, he hesitates]

Yuya: [in his mind] Wait. Eris, in a duel?! I can't risk it!

Roget: What's the holdup?

Vince: Go ahead and pick one.

Yuya: [aloud] I choose...

[He reaches for deck #2, then at the last second, grabs #5 and tosses it to Eris]

Yuya: #5!

Roget: [in his mind; shocked] 5?! Why?! [aloud; grabs Vince by the lapels] Why didn't you throw that deck out before, Vince?!

Vince: Sir, some of those cards were too expensive to go to waste. Besides, I didn't think it would matter. You have this guy under--

Roget: Shut up! [quietly] Somehow, he defied my command.

Vince: [quietly] Apparently, your mind manipulator isn't perfect. The real Yuya must still be trying to fight the effects inside.

Roget: C'est impossible. The design was perfect. But no matter. That deck Cosmo Red is using won't do much good against our master.

[Eris shuffles her deck, then inserts it into her duel disk; Yuya shuffles his deck, then inserts it into the Doom Disk]

Yuya: [jumps onto the arena floor] I promise you, my people, this duel will be over soon. I'll be rid of this pest in no time.

[He and Eris each draw their first five cards, then each roll a die; Eris' die comes up 2; Yuya's comes up 6]

Yuya: Since I rolled the bigger number, I'll choose who goes first. Ladies first.

Eris and Yuya: Let's duel!

[LP:
Eris: 4,000 (Hand: 5)
Yuya: 4,000 (Hand: 5)]

Eris: [looks at her hand] Hmm. Let's see. If I can remember the moves the Chipmunks and the Chipettes taught me, I think I'll have a chance. [sets three cards] I set two cards to my back row, and a monster in defense mode to my front row. I end my turn.

Roget: Clever girl, starting with defense.

Yuya: [draws] I draw! [places two cards] It's time to the arc of victory! Come forth, Performapal Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix and Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn!

[Said monsters appear in the Pendulum Zones (Scale: 3-8)]

Yuya: [places a card] Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is ready to swing into action!

[Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,500]

Eris: [in her mind] Yuya's best monster. Gotta keep my guard up.

Yuya: Attack her set monster with Spiral Flame Strike!

[Odd-Eyes fires his attack at Eris' set monster, revealed to be Shaddoll Squamata, destroying it]

Eris: You just flipped up Shaddoll Squamata. Its flip effect destroys your Odd-Eyes!

[Odd-Eyes is destroyed, then returns to Yuya's Extra Deck]

Yuya: He won't stay gone for long. [sets two cards] Your move.

Eris: [reveals set card] Now I can activate this card: Resh Shaddoll Incarnation! This special-summons Shaddoll Squamata back to the field!

[Said monster reappears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,800]

[Back on board the Fraxinus, the rest of Eris and Yuya's groups, along with Shido, Tor, Layla, and Hunter's groups, as well as the Chipmunks and the Chipettes, are watching]

Gong: Not bad for a noob.

Kio: Even so, forcing her into a duel against a duelist with a Doom Disk is too dangerous.

Manami: Kio's right. Don't forget what happened to me.

Zuzu: We gotta do something to break Roget's hold on Yuya, and disable that Doom Disk so nobody dies, no matter who wins that duel.

Qoone: Unfortunately, Roget's convinced him that we're his enemies.

Gong: Then we gotta find a way to show him the truth.

Shido: But the only way we can do that is if he remembers who his real friends are.

Tor: For everyone's sake, we'd better find a way fast.

[Back in the dungeon at the stadium in the Fusion Dimension, Arisa, Aiko, and the Tyler twins watch the duel]

Arisa: It's not fair that they have to put someone who's never dueled before up against someone with a Doom Disk!

Aiko: Especially if Yuya's holding that Doom Disk.

Gloria: Tell me about it.

Grace: Now, listen. This mission is two-fold. First, we find the device that's linked to the mind manipulator and destroy it. I'm not gonna let Roget bend another duelist to his will. Second, we destroy the device that's linked to the forcefield that encompasses the stadium. Unless we do so, no one can escape.

[Gloria looks out the window for a moment; Vince is on his way]

Gloria: Grace, Vince is coming. Now's our chance!

[She and Grace hide beside the door and stand still like statues]

Arisa: What about us?

Aiko: Quiet, Arisa.

[Vince unlocks the gate and opens it]

Vince: Tyler twins!

Arisa: You got the wrong girls, Vince.

Aiko: Try another cell.

Vince: I specifically locked those girls in this cell. Now, where are they? Cosmo Red is on the verge of defeat, so I need to prepare the twins for their match against our master.

Arisa: Why don't you take us instead?

Aiko: We've seen the duel. We know what to do.

Vince: Roget insisted on those two, but I'd be more than happy to grant your death wish.

[Secretly, Grace slams him on the head with a frying pan, knocking him out]

Gloria: You guys ready?

Arisa and Aiko: You bet we are!

Grace: Let's get to work.

[Back at the arena, the duel continues]

Eris: [draws] Now, I draw! [reveals set card] Now, I activate Shaddoll Core!

[Shaddoll Core appears]

[LV: 9
DEF: 1,950]

Eris: This Continuous Trap is treated as a monster. [places another card] Now, I activate Shaddoll Fusion! I fuse Shaddoll Squamata and Shaddoll Core! Go, Fusion-summon!

[Her monsters fuse together]

Eris: [places a card from her Extra Deck] I'll put an end to this scary saga
with El Shaddoll Shekhinaga!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 10
ATK: 2,600]

Eris: [takes a card from her graveyard] Since Shaddoll Core was sent to the graveyard, Shaddoll Fusion comes back to my hand so I can use it again later. [places another card] Next, I activate Swords of Revealing Light, stopping you from attacking me for three turns.

[Yuya's field is surrounded by flashing swords]

Eris: El Shaddoll Shekhinaga, attack Yuya now!

[El Shaddoll Shekhinaga is about to strike Yuya]

Yuya: [reveals set card] I activate the Trap: Pendulum Reborn! This card special-summons a Pendulum monster from my graveyard or face-up from my Extra Deck. Welcome back Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes reappears from Yuya's Extra Deck]

Yuya: Now, comes this Trap: [reveals other set card] Wall of Disruption!

[EL SHADDOLL SHEKHINAGA:

Yuya: Odd-Eyes, counterattack it and deal her double the damage with Spiral Flame Strike!

[Odd-Eyes fires a blast at Shekhinaga, destroying it]

[LP:
Eris: 2,600 (Hand: 2)
Yuya: 4,000 (Hand: 1)]

Eris: [in her mind] I forgot, when Odd-Eyes battles a monster, any battle damage is doubled.

Yuya: You think you've won? This is only the beginning.

Eris: [sets a card] I don't wanna lose, but I also don't wanna lose you, Yuya. I end my turn.

Yuya: [draws] You'll have to accept it. There's no way around this. [places a card] Now, here comes Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 1,200]

Yuya: Now, my two dragons, link up!

[His dragons link up and glow]

Yuya: I Link-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Heavymetalfoes Electrumite!

[Said monster appears]

[LINK: 2

Yuya: This monster works best on decks that rely on Pendulum monsters. By Link-summoning it, I get to add a Pendulum monster from my deck to my Extra Deck face-up. [places a card from his main deck to his Extra Deck] I choose Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon. Now it's time for another Pendulum-summon. [places a card from his Extra Deck] Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, take the stage!

[Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 7
ATK: 2,500]

Eris: I don't like the look of this.

Yuya: Since I Pendulum-summoned this monster, once it deals you battle damage, you take 1,200 points of damage for every Odd-Eyes card in my Pendulum Zones.

Eris: Haven't you forgotten about Swords of Revealing Light?

Yuya: [places a card] I activate Spell Shattering Arrow, destroying your swords and dealing you 500 points of damage!

[The arrow shatters the swords and strikes Eris with damage]

[LP:
Eris: 2,100 (Hand: 1)
Yuya: 4,000 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, attack Cosmo Red directly and end this duel!

[Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon fires its attack at Eris]

Eris: [reveals set card] This calls for a Battle Break! You have to reveal a monster in your hand to negate this card's effect. If not, your attacking monster is destroyed, and the battle phase is over. But since your hand is empty,...

[Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon is destroyed and transports back into Yuya's deck]

Yuya: You were very lucky, Cosmo Red. But your luck will soon run out. Your move.

Eris: [in her mind] I've gotta find a way to end this duel without reducing either of our life points to 0. Not only does my life depend on it, but Yuya's, too.

[Back on Westcott's island, Westcott and his henchmen watch the duel on the portable TV]

Westcott: Looks as if this is the beginning of the end of ACME Crime Net. How ironic that the catalyst to their downfall would be one of their own.

LN: With them out of the way, the Spirit Soldiers will be helpless, and we can finally make this planet our own!

Westcott: Could you run that by me again?

LN: Yes, sir. With ACME gone, the Spirit Soldiers will be helpless, and we can finally--

Westcott: That's enough.

LN: Wait a second. I get it now! [growls]

Ewan: What gives?

Westcott: What gives is that once ACME is gone, even if we do defeat the Spirit Soldiers, we'll have nothing! Don't you see? That damn traitor intends to use our own technology against us, and will stop at nothing until he gets what he wants.

Owen: Are you suggesting that we let ACME win that battle?

Ewan: Our plans may go up in smoke, Roget or no Roget.

LN: If we let him win, I guarantee they will. Our new base and army are still a ways away, and Roget might take advantage of our delay and destroy us.

Westcott: Whatever we have available, it won't be enough. And he must not be allowed to get away with his betrayal scot-free. Any suggestions?

Owen: Tell me. In Roget's eyes, what is even more annoying than one Cosmo Cat?

LN: Gee, I don't know. Their new mecha, perhaps?

Ewan: Who asked you?!

Owen: All six Cosmo Cats. I think Roget would be very hard-pressed to handle a whole team of Cosmo Cats landing on his neck of the woods.

Westcott: So we use the Cosmo Cats to get back at a traitor. Wonderful idea, Owen. But how can that be done?

Owen: Ever since ACME got their hands on those transportal devices, I'd been working on one of my own, except this one can create a portal far away. But with what little we have to work with here now, it wasn't easy to get it fine-tuned.

LN: But can you do it?

Owen: There should be just enough juice in it for only one attempt, LN.

Westcott: We haven't a choice. I want you to transport the other five Cosmo Cats to the stadium.

Owen: Right.

[He walks up to a metal briefcase and opens it, revealing an unusual device]

Owen: It's going to take some time to lock in on their coordinates, but when I do, it's the Fusion Dimension for them.

[Back on board the Fraxinus, the gang is horrified at the duel]

Yuya: You can't win, Cosmo Red!

Kotori: The video signal might not be strong enough to follow to the source, guys. Chances are, it might land us in a random dimension. And we might not find a way back.

Zuzu: Well, I'm willing to take that risk, Kotori. Yuya's my best friend, and I'm the reason Eris is trapped in there with him.

Kio: I'll go with you, Zuzu.

Qoone: Going up against Roget, it's going to take all of the Cosmo Cats.

Aoi: But what'll we do when we get there?

Qoone: Yuya's only chance is that he remembers your friendship with him.

Kotori: I'll teleport you to the point of the holographic entryway.

Gong: If Zuzu's going, then so is Gong. Gong's best buddy's life is on the line.

Yoko: I'm with you, Gong.

Alvin: I'm going, too.

Zuzu: Alvin, you didn't have anything to do with this situation.

Alvin: If anyone's gonna save both Eris and Yuya in that duel, it's another duelist. Me.

Zuzu: Alvin, I'm sure I can do it myself. Besides, what if Roget intervenes?

Alvin: Then we'll make sure he's the first to go.

Gong: And hopefully the only one.

[Suddenly, Chayka bursts in]

Chayka: Qoone, wait!

Qoone: What's the hurry, Chayka?

Chayka: Before you go, could you give this to Yuya? He's gonna need this for when you finally bring him back to his senses.

[She hands the captain a metal case; Qoone opens it, looks inside, and smiles, then close the case]

Qoone: I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Chayka.

Kotori: You guys better transform before we find a way to transport you to the Fusion Dimension.

Kio: Right.

[He, Aoi, Manami, Antonia, and Qoone whip out their Cosmo Pendants; Zuzu activates her wristband]

Alvin: [activates his manacle] Dagger, spider out!

[Out of his manacle comes Dagger]

Alvin: Arachna Super Power!

Zuzu: Kaleido Power!

Kio, Aoi, Manami, Antonia, and Qoone: Cosmo Power!

[All seven get suited up; Alvin merges with Dagger; they teleport to Pelham Bay Park]

Qoone: [taps her bell] We're at the point, Kotori. We're ready.

[Cut to the Fraxinus]

Shiizaki: Bad news, Commander. We've lost the lock!

Kotori: Damn it! Now we won't be able to transport them!

[Cut back to the park]

Qoone: You lost it?! That can't be!

Zuzu: We've gotta reach Yuya and Eris somehow!

Alvin: But what are we gonna do?

[Meanwhile, back at the stadium in the Fusion Dimension, Arisa, Aiko, and the Tyler twins walk through a tight, dark tunnel; Grace holds a lit candle]

Grace: Don't forget to watch our backs, Arisa.

Gloria: You never can tell what might be creeping up on you, even if it's not after us.

Aiko: We don't wanna arouse suspicions.

Arisa: [looks back] Good point. I mean, it's not like you actually killed Vince. He's not gonna stay knocked out for long.

Grace: Even if he does find us, he's already in hot water.

Arisa: How well do you guys know Yuya?

Gloria: We met him in the Xyz Dimension when he and his team of Lancers went in search of his friend Zuzu.

Grace: We intercepted him and his partner Shay, but they beat us in what he called an Entertainment Duel. I really liked his performance.

Gloria: I didn't. At least, not at first. Anyway, we abandoned our mission and supported the Lancers.

Grace: Plus, I think Yuya's cute. But don't tell Zuzu I told you.

Aiko: Not that it's any of our business, anyway.

[Back on board the Fraxinus, the crew struggles to regain the lock]

Minowa: We just had the damn lock about a second ago.

Kawagoe: Then we're as good as screwed.

Kotori: Maybe not. [points at the monitor] Look!

[The monitor shows Alvin, Zuzu, Gong, Yoko, and the Cosmo Cats getting zapped out of Pelham Bay Park]

Kotori: It worked!

Shiizaki: Who got it working?

Kawagoe: Definitely not me.

Mikimoto: Nor me.

[The rest of the crew shakes their heads]

Kotori: Well, somebody did.

[Back on Westcott's island, Owen's device is fried]

Owen: Well, I did warn you.

LN: Never mind that. Did it work?

Owen: Precisely. The Cosmo Cats and their guests should be arriving in the Fusion Dimension arena at any moment now.

Westcott: That will teach Roget never to double-cross us.

Last edited by TVLubber (7/28/2020 10:18 pm)

Board footera