ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/28/2020 10:43 pm  #1

Side-Fic 328: ACME vs. Yuya Pt. 3: The Birth of Cosmo Bronze

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Zuzu: Showtime's underway, folks! Just remember to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

Eris: Previously on ACME Crime Net...

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

[Fusion Dimension, 11:06am (EST)]

[LP: (Alvin & Eris vs. Yuya)
Alvin: 2,000 (Hand: 9)
Eris: 2,100 (Hand: 6)
Yuya: 6,000 (Hand: 6)]

[LP: (Zuzu vs. Roget)
Zuzu: 4,000 (Hand: 6)
Roget: 300 (Hand: 5)]

[Supreme King Z-ARC's attack is about to strike Alvin]

Roget: [laughs] My master will finally rid mankind of the creature who brought down Klaus Vorstein once and for all!

Zuzu: Yuya, don't do this! Alvin's your friend!

Eris: [banishes a card from her graveyard] He won't!

[Z-ARC's attack is cancelled out]

Roget: What?! How is this possible?!

Eris: [reveals the card she just banished] I guess you forgot that I had Electromagnetic Turtle in my graveyard. Banishing it from my graveyard ends the battle phase.

Yuya: You got really lucky that time. [sets three cards] But your luck just ran dry. I end my turn. But with Z-ARC on the field, there's no hope for you.

Roget: [draws] I'm next. You may have destroyed my best monster, but I will be victorious. [places a card] I'll start with Card Destruction!

[Each duelist discards their entire hand, then draws cards equal to what they discarded]

Roget: Those cards were useless to me. [places a card] But this card isn't! Cybernetic Fusion Support! By paying half of my life points, when next I Fusion-summon a Machine-type monster, I can use monsters from my hand, field, and/or graveyard as materials. [places another card] Now for Power Bond! I fuse Cyberdark Keel, Cyberdark Horn, and Cyberdark Edge in my graveyard with Cyberdark Claw, and Cyberdark Cannon in my hand!

[Said monsters appear and fuse together]

Roget: Ultimate machine of toil and doom,
appear before us in this very room!

I Fusion-summon... [places a card from his Extra Deck] Cyberdarkness Dragon!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 10
ATK: 2,000 (boosted to 4,000)]

Roget: Thanks to Power Bond, Cyberdarkness Dragon's original attack points double to 4,000.

Zuzu: You do realize that at the end of this turn, you'll take 2,000 points of damage.

Roget: I intend to destroy you before then. And Cyberdarkness Dragon's effect will make sure of that!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon's heads quintuple and mutate to resemble those of Five-Headed Link Dragon, albeit metal]

[ATK: 9,000]

Roget: When it's summoned, Cyberdarkness Dragon gets equipped with a Dragon or Machine-type monster from my graveyard and gains its attack points. I have selected Five-Headed Link Dragon, giving Cyberdarkness Dragon 9,000 attack points, and that's more than enough to wipe out your life points with a single attack!

[The rest of the gang, having been watching, are in shock]

Roget: Cyberdarkness Dragon, attack Bloom Harmonist the Melodious Composer and wipe out Ray's life points!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon fires a massive blast at Bloom Harmonist]

Zuzu: I won't go down like that, Roget! [reveals set card] Nutrient-Z will see to that!

[LP:
Zuzu: 8,000 (Hand: 6)
Roget: 300 (Hand: 1)]

[Cyberdarkness Dragon's attack strikes Bloom Harmonist, but does not destroy her; Zuzu takes massive damage and screams; Yuya turns around and notices Zuzu]

Yuya: [in his mind] Zuzu... Please, no...!

[Zuzu hits the ground]

[LP:
Zuzu: 700 (Hand: 6)
Roget: 300 (Hand: 1)]

Roget: Delaying your inevitable defeat is futile!

Zuzu: [struggles to get back on her feet] You're one to talk, Roget, being the coward you are, refusing to accept death from your own invention. And since your turn's almost over, unless you've got something useful in your hand to prevent the Power Bond damage, you've already lost.

Roget: I haven't. [places another card] I activate One Day of Peace! We each draw one card.

[He and Zuzu each draw a card]

Roget: In exchange, neither of us take damage for the rest of the turn, which means the effects of Power Bond won't damage me. And with a 9,000-attack point monster on my field, you are doomed. [places the card he just drew] I then activate Pot of Greed and draw two more cards. [draws two cards, then sets them both] I set these two cards to my back row and end my turn.

Yuya: [in his mind] Poor Zuzu. Up against Roget with a Doom Disk. She may be ahead, but she's awfully close to her defeat. [aloud; growls] What's going on with me?! Why is my mind playing tricks on me?!

Alvin: Roget, to accept a duel against Zuzu was a big mistake. Yuya's starting to come out of his trance.

Roget: Try as you might to weaken it, the mind manipulator's effect cannot be stopped. Now, my master, focus on your duel!

Yuya: [turns to Alvin and Eris] Very well. The last time I checked, Cosmo Red was next.

Eris: [draws] I draw! [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Alvin: [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate the Spell: Polymerization! I fuse Dark Magician and Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

[Dark Magician and Red-Eyes appear and fuse together]

Alvin: Magic and dragons, unite as one!
Within no time, this duel shall be done!
Join together and lead my platoon,
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon!

[RED-EYES DARK DRAGOON:
LV: 8
ATK: 3,000]

Eris: Alvin, that monster is amazing!

Alvin: I've waited long enough to bring out this combo. And get this, Yuya. Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon can destroy up to two monsters you control and deal you damage equal to their attack points.

Yuya: Am I supposed to be scared? Supreme King Z-ARC is immune to your effects that target or destroy it. And by summoning your new magician, you fell victim to my Trap: [reveals set card] Titanocider! This card negates your monster's effects and drops his attack points to 0!

Alvin: Now you're in for it! Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon has another effect. [discards a card] I discard a card to negate the effect and destroy Titanocider!

[Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon fires a blast from his scepter, destroying Titanocider]

[RED-EYES DARK DRAGOON:
ATK: 4,000]

Alvin: And get this. Every time I successfully negate an effect with Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon's attack, he gains 1,000 attack points. Our monsters are evenly matched now. And to make sure he wins... [places another card] I activate Spell Wall! While you take no damage this turn, when Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon attacks, you can't activate any cards or effects until the end of the damage step. So your face-down cards and Z-ARC's effects won't do any good. It's time to slay Z-ARC! Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon, attack and destroy Supreme King Z-ARC with Inferno Fire Magic Attack!

[Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon fires a flaming blast from his scepter at Z-ARC, who fires its attack at him; both monsters are destroyed]

Roget: NO! It can't be!

Yuya: Bold move, Alvin. But your field is empty now. [reveals set card] I activate Sixth Sense. I call 5 and 6. Roll it, Alvin.

[Alvin rolls a six-sided die]

Alvin: Decking out is the only way for a loser to survive in this duel. If Yuya decks out, he's safe, and this duel is over. I'm not gonna waste Magician Navigation's effect on Sixth Sense.

[The die comes up 5]

Yuya: Five cards, then. [draws five cards] Just what I'll need for my next turn.

Alvin: [sets a card] I set this card end my turn with this: [places another card] Extra Gate! This card lets me choose a level number, and you have to banish a monster of that level from your Extra Deck.

Eris: I think I know which one you're picking.

Alvin: 12!

Yuya: No!

Roget: This means that...!

Alvin: Since the only level-12 monster Yuya has in his Extra Deck is Supreme King Z-ARC, he has to banish it.

[Yuya reluctantly banishes Z-ARC from his Extra Deck]

Roget: It doesn't matter. He still has the individual Dimension Dragons, which he can use to crush you both!

Yuya: [draws] That's right! [draws] I draw!

Eris: [reveals set card] Drop Off time!

[Yuya discards the card he just drew]

Yuya: Didn't need that one, anyway. [places another card] But I will need Pendulum Fusion! I'll use the two monsters in my Pendulum Zones as materials.

Alvin: Trying to summon Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon, eh? [banishes a card from his graveyard] Well, thanks to Magician Navigation, it won't work! I banish it from my graveyard to negate the effect!

[Pendulum Fusion is negated]

Yuya: [sets two cards] Well, that's a shame. Your move, Cosmo Red.

Eris: [draws] My turn! [reveals set card] I activate the Trap: Full House! This card destroys two face-up Spells and Traps and three set Spells and Traps! Say goodbye to your back row, Yuya!

Yuya: [reveals set card] Wiretap will stop it! This card negates Full House's effect and returns that card to your deck.

[Full House is negated and gets shuffled back into Eris' deck]

Eris: [sets another card] Then I'll just set this card and end my turn. Alvin?

Alvin: [draws] My turn! [places another card] I activate another copy of Polymerization! This time, I'll fuse the spare Dark Magician in my hand with Dark Magician Girl!

[Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl reappear; their scepters and outfits become empowered]

Alvin: Master and disciple, may your magic combine,
for the fate of our friend is now on the line!

Unite as one as... The Dark Magicians!

[THE DARK MAGICIANS:
ATK: 2,800]

Manami: I've never seen that card before.

Aoi: Yugi told me about it once. But I never actually saw him use it in any of his duels.

Alvin: This was a gift from Yugi. And wait'll you see The Dark Magician's great power.

Yuya: You think your magicians can stop me? [reveals two set cards] Think again! I activate Imperial Iron Wall and chain Return from the Different Dimension! Return from the Different Dimension lets me special-summon my banished monsters. Return to the field, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, and Astrograph Sorcerer, all in attack mode!

[Said five monsters reappear]

Alvin: 2,000 (Hand: 1)
Eris: 2,100 (Hand: 6)
Yuya: 3,000 (Hand: 5)]

Alvin: By activating Return from the Different Dimension, you triggered The Dark Magicians' effect. [draws a card] I get to draw a card, and if it's a Trap or Quick-Play Spell, I get to set it and can activate it this turn. [looks at the card he just drew] Hmm. Not a Trap or a Quick-Play Spell. But I can still activate it! [places the card he just drew] Diffusion Wave-Motion! Now my Magicians can attack all of your monsters at once!

[The Dark Magicians cross their scepters, which energize]

Alvin: Dark Magicians, destroy every one of his monsters with Ultimate Dark Burning Magic!

[The Dark Magicians fire their attack at all of Yuya's monsters]

Yuya: I won't be beaten! [reveals set card] Wall of Disruption drops The Dark Magicians' attack points by 800, bringing them down to 2,000! Now they're easy prey for my monsters!

Eris: Not quite! [reveals set card] I activate Seven Tools of the Bandit! Your Trap is negated!

[Wall of Disruption is negated and destroyed; all of Yuya's monsters take the hit and are destroyed, along with The Dark Magicians (as their ATK matched Starving Venom Fusion Dragon's), Yuya gets knocked back with damage]

Alvin: 1,000 (Hand: 1)
Eris: 1,100 (Hand: 4)
Yuya: 1,200 (Hand: 5)]

Alvin: With The Dark Magicians off the field, I get to special-summon a third Dark Magician from my deck and Dark Magician Girl from my graveyard.

[Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl reappear]

[DARK MAGICIAN:
LV: 7
ATK: 2,500]

[DARK MAGICIAN GIRL:
LV: 6
ATK: 2,000]

Alvin: Since I already used Diffusion Wave-Motion on The Dark Magicians, these magicians can't attack this turn. Your move. [in his mind] Using Apprentice Illusion Magician would've been a big mistake. I might have won the duel, but I also would've lost Yuya. I'm not gonna let it happen. Luckily, my last back row card is ready to save all three of us from that Doom Disk.

Yuya: [draws] I draw! Well, Cosmo Red, sorry to say this, but this duel is over for you. When I summon Odd-Eyes back from my Extra Deck, I'll have him attack you, and you're history.

Alvin: You won't get the chance to. [reveals set card] I activate the Trap: Last Turn!

[The crowd is in shock]

Roget: NOT THAT CARD!!

Zuzu: Last Turn?

Alvin: Since my life points are within 1,000, I get to target a monster I control, and every other card on the field and in our hands goes to the graveyard. Then Yuya must special-summon a monster from his deck to attack the one monster I control, and duelist whose monster is the last one standing wins automatically. The monster I choose is Dark Magician Girl!

[Dark Magician Girl nods at her master, who gives her a thumbs-up signal and vanishes, along with every other card on the field except Dark Magician Girl; each duelist discards their entire hands]

Yuya: [looks through his deck] There's only one monster who can help me win. [places a card from his deck] Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 8

Roget: This is not how the duel was supposed to end!

Yuya: There's no other choice. Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon, attack Dark Magician Girl with Spiral Flame Strike!

[Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon fires his attack at Dark Magician Girl]

Alvin: Dark Magician Girl, counterattack! Dark Burning Attack!

[Dark Magician Girl fires a blast from her scepter at Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon; both attacks collide and result in an explosion; after the explosion clears, Dark Magician Girl is the last monster standing]

Roget: What?! How did she survive?! Dark Magician Girl's attack points were supposed to be 2,900! He had three Dark Magicians in his graveyard!

Alvin: Remember when Yuya used Card Destruction? One of the cards he made me discard was Magician of Black Chaos. And Dark Magician Girl gains 300 attack points, not only for every Dark Magician in the graveyard, but every Magician of Black Chaos in the graveyard, as well. That brought her attack points to 3,200, making her stronger than Odd-Eyes Lancer Dragon!

Yuya: Then,... I lost?

[His Doom Disk vanishes, leaving only his cards lying on the ground; the crowd pauses for a moment]

[The soldiers in the crowd cheer and applaud wildly; some robots shrug; "CONGRATULATIONS, CHAMPIONS!" flashes on the jumbotron; the crowd chants "Cosmo Red!", "Alvin!", and "Yuya!"]

Eris: We won? Alvin, we won?!

Alvin: Yes! We did it!

[He and Eris embrace wildly]

Yuya: [looks around at the crowd] The crowd...

[He notices everyone smiling; he has flashbacks of all his duels prior]

Yuya: I remember now! All my duels were supposed to bring a smile!

Yoko: He's coming back!

Yuya: M-M-... Mom?

Gong: Gong knew it! That's our Yuya!

Yuya: Gong?

[He notices the other Cosmo Cats]

Yuya: Cosmo Cats?

[Eris and Alvin walk up to him; Eris embraces Yuya close to her breasts]

Eris: That's right, Yuya. Roget lied to you like he lied before. We're not your enemies. We're your friends.

Alvin: We're here to help you.

Roget: Don't listen to them, sir! They're the ones lying to you!

Yuya: Eris,... Alvin,... [eyes widen] Zuzu!

[He releases himself from Eris' embrace, gathers his deck, shuffles the cards, and puts them in his real duel disk]

Yuya: Stay right here, guys. Roget's mine.

[He charges into the duel]

Roget: What are you doing, master?! Destroy them!

Yuya: Never!

Zuzu: Yuya?

Yuya: I'm not your master! In fact, you betrayed your real master!

Roget: [growls] That's right. But he betrayed me. I had my own Super Cyber Demon Gear Unit, and with it, I had Cosmo Red in the palm of my hands, but she suddenly bested me and forced me to retreat. Westcott refused to accept my excuses, so he confiscated my unit, destroyed it, and locked me in the brig for two weeks. He never sent me out into the field since. It wasn't until the Demon Lord invaded our submarine that I finally had the chance to desert the Demonoids. That's why I returned to the Fusion Dimension where they would never find me, and I would carry out my plans undisturbed. That is, until you and the Cosmo Cats came along and ruined them again.

Yuya: You really have learned nothing from your reign of terror in the Synchro Dimension, have you? You really make me sick. You were the one responsible for separating me from Zuzu before. I'd gone from dimension to dimension just to get her back, even after you got sucked into that wormhole. I'd gone through serious Hell for her, only to end up almost losing her, the other Bracelet Girls, my dimensional counterparts, and my sanity! I owe a lot to my friends and my dad for saving me, and for getting my groove back in Dueltaining. That's what brought Zuzu back to me. But look at you now. Over the past year, your Doom Disks and Demonoids have killed many duelists, including your own. And you didn't even care. You were sick in the past just like you are now!

Roget: You robbed me of my opportunities. The Doom Disks were all part of my revenge plans against you, but despite a few duelists dying, those plans failed to destroy you and your friends at ACME Crime Net! Duelists are only meant to duel to win!

Yuya: Wrong! I don't duel to win unless I have to. I duel to entertain!

Roget: Very well, but you receive a 2,000 point penalty for interference!

[LP:
Yuya: 2,000 (Hand: 5)
Roget: 300 (Hand: 0)]

Zuzu: Go get him, Yuya.

Yuya: [places a card] I activate Pendulum Call! [discards a card] By discarding a card, I add two Magician Pendulum monsters to my hand: [takes two cards from his deck] White Wing Magician and Black Fang Magician. [places said two cards] Now, I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale-1 White Wing Magician and Scale-8 Black Fang Magician!

[Said two monsters appear in his Pendulum Zones (Scale 1-8)]

Yuya: Swing far, pendulum! Carve the arc of victory! [places a card] Go, Pendulum-summon! Turn up the heat, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon appears and roars]

[LV: 7

Yuya: And with him comes Nobledragon Magician from my graveyard!

[Nobledragon Magician appears]

[LV: 3
ATK: 700]

Yuya: By special-summoning her from my graveyard, Odd-Eyes' level is reduced by three.

[ODD-EYES PENDULUM DRAGON:
LV: 4]

Yuya: Now, I tune my level-3 Nobledragon Magician to my level-4 Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Said two monsters tune together (3 + 4 = 7)]

Yuya: Spread those wondrous and beautiful wings, and strike down your enemies at the speed of light! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!

[Clear Wing Synchro Dragon appears and roars]

Yuya: [places another card] Next, I normal-summon Tuning Magician to the field.

[Tuning Magician appears]

[LV: 1
ATK: 0]

Yuya: By summoning her, you gain 400 life points and I take that amount as damage.

[LP:
Yuya: 1,600 (Hand: 1)
Roget: 700 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: [places another card] Before I make my next move, I activate Card of Sanctity! You know what to do.

[He and Roget each draw until their hands contain six cards]

Zuzu: The effect doesn't work on me, since my hand is already full. Not that I'll need anymore, anyway.

Roget: Merci for all the free cards, Yuya.

Yuya: They won't be of much use to you, though. I tune my level-1 Tuning Magician to my level-7 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!

[Said two monsters tune together (1 + 7 = 8); Yugo's spirit appears from within Yuya]

Yuya and Yugo: Spread your wings in a blaze of glory! Burn your enemies at the speed of light! I Synchro-summon Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon appears and roars]

Yuya: Now to enter my battle phase.

Roget: You're out of your mind! Cyberdarkness Dragon has 9,000 attack points! Your dragon cannot beat it!

Yuya: Not with an attack, but with an effect, he can! I activate his effect to destroy all your level-5 or higher monsters!

[Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon unleashes a bright flaming blast from his wings at Cyberdarkness Dragon]

Roget: [reveals set card] You fool! I activate Forbidden Dress! Cyberdarkness Dragon loses 600 attack points this turn, but it also is immune to destruction effects!

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 8,400]

[Odd-Eyes' effect does not destroy Cyberdarkness Dragon]

Yuya: Lucky move, Roget. But there's more to come. [places another card] First, I activate Dimensionhole! This card banishes one monster I control until my next standby phase.

[Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon gets sucked into a wormhole]

Yuya: This way, my Extra Monster Zone is unoccupied, even after my dragon returns to the field. [sets a card] For now, I hand it over to Zuzu.

Zuzu: Thanks, Yuya. [draws] I draw!

[The spirit of Rin appears beside her]

Zuzu: Now to call on the power of my Synchro Dimension counterpart Rin for my next move! [places a card] I summon Windwitch - Ice Bell!

[Said monster appears]

ATK: 1,000]

Zuzu: [places another card] With her on the field, I activate Chime of the Windwitch! This card lets me special-summon Windwitch - Glass Bell from my deck!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 4
ATK: 1,500]

Zuzu: I tune my level-4 Glass Bell to my level-3 Ice Bell!

[Said two monsters tune together (4 + 3 = 7)]

Zuzu and Rin: I'm summoning a monster that will hit you with all the power of a wicked winter time blizzard! I Synchro-summon Windwitch - Winter Bell!

[Windwitch - Winter Bell appears]

ATK: 2,400]

Zuzu: Get ready, Roget! By targeting Glass Bell in my graveyard, you take 800 points of damage, and that's more than you can spare!

Roget: Not so fast! [discards a card] Hanewata will prevent that damage, and any further effect damage I take this turn!

Zuzu: [growls] Well, I've got a backup plan. [places a card] I activate Riryoku! I'll target your Cyberdarkness Dragon and give half of its attack points to Winter Bell!

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 4,500]

[WINDWITCH - WINTER BELL:
ATK: 6,900]

Zuzu: Au revoir, Roget! Windwitch - Winter Bell, attack Roget's dragon and end this duel!

[Winter Bell fires her attack at Cyberdarkness Dragon]

Roget: [reveals set card] Go, Storming Mirror Force!

Zuzu: [reveals set card] Melodious Illusion, protect Bloom Harmonist!

[Bloom Prima, and Winter Bell are transported back to Zuzu's Extra Deck; the rest of Zuzu's monsters are transported back to her main deck]

Roget: Storming Mirror Force returns all your monsters in attack mode to your hand, or in the case of Extra Deck monsters, your Extra Deck.

Zuzu: You got lucky again, but Bloom Harmonist stays on the field, since Melodious Illusion makes her immune to your card effects. But I'm not done yet. [places a card] I activate One for One! [discards a card] I discard a card to special-summon Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow from my deck!

[Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow appears]

DEF: 100]

Zuzu: [takes a card from her deck] And special-summoning her lets me add Lyrilusc - Sapphire Swallow to my hand. [places said card] And I'll special-summon her right now!

[Lyrilusc - Sapphire Swallow appears]

DEF: 0]

Zuzu: [places another card] And with her comes Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler!

[Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler appears]

DEF: 100]

[The spirit of Lulu Obsidian appears beside Zuzu]

Zuzu: Now, with the power of my Xyz Dimension counterpart Lulu, I build the Overlay Network with my three level-1 Lyriluscs!

[Said three monsters convert to streaks of light, which enter the Overlay Network]

Zuzu and Lulu: Birds with beautiful wings, gather on the battlefield and take brilliant flight! Xyz-summon! Dance in the sky, Rank 1! Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale!

[Said monster appears]

[RANK: 1
ATK: 0 (boosted to 600)]

Zuzu: This monster gains 200 attack points for each of her Overlay Units. But why settle for three when Sapphire Swallow's effect kicks in to give her an extra Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler from my graveyard as an extra unit?

[Assembled Nightingale gains an extra Overlay Unit]

[ATK: 800]

Zuzu: This is all I can do for now. Come at me, Roget!

Roget: [draws] With pleasure. [looks at his hand; in his mind] Hmm. Almost none of these cards will do me much good. Not that I'll need them. Cyberdarkness Dragon can easily eliminate either one of them. [aloud] Cyberdarkness Dragon, eliminate... [points at Zuzu] ...the reincarnation of Ray Akaba! Attack Assembled Nightingale now!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon fires its attack at Assembled Nightingale]

Yuya: Hang on, Zuzu! [reveals set card] I activate The Regulation of Tribe! This card stops all monsters of one type from attacking. The type I choose is Machine!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon is shackled]

Roget: You will pay for this! [places another card] I activate the Equip Spell: Power of the Guardians, and equip it to my dragon. Every time my dragon battles, this card gains a Spell Counter, and each counter gives it 500 attack points. If you try to destroy my dragon, I'll remove a Spell Counter to protect it. [places another card] And I activate Mythical Bestiary to add two Spell Counters to my Equip Spell. [sends the top two cards of his deck to his graveyard] Though it will cost me the top two cards of my deck.

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 10,000]

Yuya and Zuzu: 10,000?!

Roget: You will never destroy my dragon now! [sets four cards] I set three cards to my back row and one monster, and end my turn.

Yuya: [draws] I draw! And Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon returns to the field.

[Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon reappears in a Main Monster Zone]

Yuya: I'd tribute a monster to keep The Regulation of Tribe on the field, but I can't afford to waste away a perfectly good monster, so I'll destroy it.

[The Regulation of Tribe is destroyed]

Roget: Before you make another move, I activate the Trap: [reveals set card] Blast With Chain! This card equips to Cyberdarkness Dragon and gives it 500 more attack points.

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 10,500]

Yuya: Hardly makes any difference. [places another card] Now I activate Pendulum Xyz! I special-summon White Wing Magician and Black Fang Magician to the field!

[His Pendulum Monsters take the field]

[WHITE WING MAGICIAN:
LV: 4
ATK: 1,600]

[BLACK FANG MAGICIAN:
LV: 4
ATK: 1,700]

[The spirit of Yuto appears beside Yuya]

Yuya: But there's more. Pendulum Xyz lets me use these monsters to Xyz-summon! So I build the Overlay Network with these two level-4 magicians!

[His magicians get transported into the Overlay Network]

Yuya and Yuto: Cloaked in shadows and relentless in its objective, I call upon the most dangerous of dragons! I Xyz-summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!

[Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network and roars]

[RANK: 4

Roget: Frankly, I'm not surprised, you wasting your Pendulum cards on a weak dragon.

Yuto: We're not gonna take that from a sick bastard like him, are we, Yuya?

Yuya: No way, Yuto! [places another card] First, I activate The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch! Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, prepare for Xyz Evolution!

[Dark Rebellion enters the Overlay Network]

Yuya and Yuto: Dragon from the bleak, black pit! Fierce, fearless, ferocious fighter! Rise and master the skies! Go, Rank-Up Xyz Evolution! Arise, Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon!

[Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network]

[RANK: 5
ATK: 3,000
OLU: 3]

Yuya: Now, to activate his effect and sap all your monster's attack points! This way, even if I don't destroy your dragon, I'll still damage you and win the duel!

[Dark Requiem absorbs an Overlay Unit and is about to absorb Cyberdarkness Dragon's attack points]

Roget: I knew you would do something like that, so I'll activate Cyberdarkness Dragon's effect. By sending Blast With Chain to the graveyard, I negate your card effect and destroy the card that activated it!

[Blast With Chain vanishes; the effect is negated]

Yuya: [places another card] You're not the only one with a Forbidden Dress Spell Card! Though the effect is negated, my dragon's not going down!

[DARK REQUIEM XYZ DRAGON:
ATK: 2,400
OLU: 2]

Yuya: But the fun doesn't stop there. [places another card] I activate Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force! It's time to bring out the big guns!

[Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon enters the Overlay Network]

Yuya and Yuto: Give rise to a monster that will send our enemies fleeing with dread! Xyz-summon! Prepare to feel the wrath of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon emerges from the Overlay Network and roars ferociously]

[RANK: 7
OLU: 4]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon's destruction effects won't work on your dragon, since it's not level-7 or lower.

Roget: Which saves me two Spell Counters from Power of the Guardians.

Yuya: But I'm not done yet. Check out our newest monster! Xyz Evolution, go!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon enters the Overlay Network]

Yuya and Yuto: Give rise to a monster that will send our enemies fleeing with dread! Xyz-summon! Prepare to feel the wrath of Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon - Overlord!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon - Overlord emerges from the Overlay Network and roars ferociously]

[RANK: 7
OLU: 5]

Yuya: I know it seems unorthodox to give this dragon five Overlay Units when they're pretty much useless to him, but...

Roget: I assumed you would do that. [reveals set card] I activate Crush Card Virus! I tribute my face-down Sangan!

[His set monster, revealed to be Sangan, vanishes; all of Yuya's monsters are destroyed]

Roget: By tributing Sangan, all your monsters with at least 1,500 attack points on your field and in your hand are destroyed. And each of you must send three monsters with at least 1,500 attack points from your deck to your graveyard.

Zuzu: [sends three cards from her deck to her graveyard] Good thing the monsters on my field and in my hand don't meet the criteria.

Yuya: [sends three cards from his deck to his graveyard] It only gets better, Zuzu. Since my dragons were destroyed, I get to place them in my Pendulum Zones! I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale-4 Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon - Overlord and Scale-10 Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon!

[Said dragons reappear in the Pendulum Zones (Scale: 4-10)]

Yuya: [places another card] Next, I activate Pot of Greed to draw two more cards. [draws two cards, then places one] Now, here comes the Field Spell: Dueltaining! This card should come in handy for both me and Zuzu. The first time any of us does any of the following each turn, we draw two cards: Special-summon five different monsters with different levels, attack with the same monster five times, take damage that brought our life points to within 500, or roll a die or toss a coin five times. [places another card] Now, I activate Xyz Double Back! Since I control no monsters, I get to special-summon an Xyz monster from my graveyard that was destroyed this turn, along with a monster with up to that many attack points. Give a warm Fusion Dimension welcome back to Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver!

[Said two monsters appear]

Yuya: Now, I activate Performapal Odd-Eyes Dissolver's effect, allowing me to use him and Dark Rebellion for a Fusion-summon!

[Said two monsters fuse together; the spirit of Yuri appears beside him]

Yuya: Here we go, Yuri!

Yuya and Yuri: Dichromatic eyes that illuminate the dark night! Become time's compass, and point to a new path! Fusion Summon! Appear, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon!

[STARVING VENOM FUSION DRAGON:

Yuya: By Fusion-summoning this dragon, I can give him the attack points of any special-summoned monster you control, and I choose Cyberdarkness Dragon!

ATK: 13,300]

Zuzu: [in her mind] That's odd. I'm surprised Roget didn't activate Cyberdarkness Dragon's effect to negate Starving Venom's. Unless...

Yuya: It's over, Roget! As soon as my dragon attacks, your life points will drop down to 0!

Yuya and Yuri: Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, attack Cyberdarkness Dragon and end this duel with Venomous Burst!

[Starving Venom fires his attack at Cyberdarkness Dragon]

Zuzu: Yuya, wait!

Roget: Too little, too late! [reveals set card] I activate Draining Shield!

[Cyberdarkness Dragon becomes encased in a shield, which negates the attack]

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 10,500]

Roget: Your attack is negated, and I gain life points equal to your dragon's attack points.

[LP:
Yuya: 1,600 (Hand: 1)
Zuzu: 700 (Hand: 0)
Roget: 14,000 (Hand: 2)]

Roget: So even if you do destroy my dragon, you're too far from destroying me!

Yuri: You're right, Yuya. He is a coward.

Yuya: Cowardice will get him nowhere, Yuri. He's no different than most duelists in that iPad app when dueling online. Nevertheless, he's given me a golden opportunity to activate this next card. [places the last card from his hand] Draw of Fate! Since you, Roget, lead in life points and control the strongest monster, I get to reveal three different cards from my deck, put them on top of my deck in random order, and draw one card. [takes three cards from his deck] Dimension Fusion, Ledger of Legerdemain, and Goblin Thief. [shuffles the three, then places them on top of his deck, then draws a card] Here we go. [looks at what he just drew] Hmm. [places the card he just drew] I activate Ledger of Legerdemain! [banishes the top three cards of his deck face-down] I banish the top three cards of my deck face-down, and during my third standby phase since I activated this card, I'll add them to my hand. I end my turn.

Zuzu: Next time, Yuya, look before you leap. 'Kay? [draws] My turn now! [looks at what she just drew] YES! [places a card] I activate my own copy of Card of Sanctity! [draws six cards] You all know what to do.

[Yuya draws six cards; Roget draws four]

Zuzu: [places another card] Next comes Cup of Ace! A coin toss will decide whether it's you or I that draws two more cards.

[She flips a coin; it comes up heads; Zuzu draws two cards]

Zuzu: Heads. I win. [places two cards] Next, I activate two copies of Overlay Regen and turn them into Overlay Units for Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale.

[LYRILUSC - ASSEMBLED NIGHTINGALE:
ATK: 1,200
OLU: 6]

Zuzu: Next, I activate the effect of Overlay Booster in my graveyard that you made me destroy with Crush Card Virus! [banishes said card from her graveyard] By banishing it, Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale gains 500 attack points for every one of her Overlay Units.

ATK: 4,200]

Zuzu: [banishes two more cards from her graveyard] But why settle for one when I can banish two more Overlay Boosters?!

ATK: 10,200]

Zuzu: Activating Crush Card Virus was a big mistake, Roget. Because of that, I sent all three copies of Overlay Booster to the graveyard. That gave me the opportunity to give my Assembled Nightingale the power boost she needed.

Roget: Your moves are too predictable. I always come prepared! [reveals set card] I activate Ghost of a Grudge! Since your graveyards contain more than eight cards, all your monsters lose all their attack points.

Zuzu: [places another card] Forbidden Lance should protect my Link monster from this effect.

Yuya: What was all that about looking before leaping, Zuzu?

Zuzu: I just love getting Roget's hopes up. Now, I activate Spiritualism! [places said card] This card sends one card on the field back to the player's hand. Power of the Guardians goes away, and Cyberdarkness Dragon loses the extra attack points it gained from that card!

[Power of the Guardians returns to Roget's hand]

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 9,000]

Roget: How could Cyberdarkness Dragon's effect not work on it?

Zuzu: Spiritualism's effect can't be stopped. And neither will this card! [places another card] Dark Ruler No More! You take no damage this turn, but all your monsters lose their effects this turn, as well!

[CYBERDARKNESS DRAGON:
ATK: 4,000]

Zuzu: Now I activate another card effect from my graveyard. Remember when you used Card Destruction earlier, Roget? You made me discard six cards. One of them was Holding Legs. [banishes said card] I banish it from my graveyard to prevent you from activating your last set card this turn.

[Holding Legs appears and restrains Roget's last set card]

Zuzu: [banishes another card from her graveyard] I also banish Fusion Substitute to return Schuberta the Melodious Maestra from my graveyard to my Extra Deck and draw a card. [does so] Perfect! I activate That Wacky Magic! By banishing every Spell Card from my graveyard, I destroy all your monsters whose defense points are equal to or less than 300 times the number of cards I banished. [banishes eight Spell Cards from her graveyard] I count 8, which means Cyberdarkness Dragon is going down!

[8 x 300 = 2,400 > 2,000]

[A magic blast strikes down Cyberdarkness Dragon, causing it to engulf in a massive explosion]

Roget: My dragon!

Zuzu: [sets her last card] It's over, Roget! Got any last words?

Roget: [growls] Only that this duel is far from over! [draws] I draw! [places a card] I activate Monster Reborn, special-summoning Ultimate Obedient Fiend from my graveyard.

[Ultimate Obedient Fiend appears]

ATK: 3,500]

Roget: [places another card] Next, I normal-summon Primal Dragon the Primordial Dragon.

[Said monster appears]

Roget: Now, I banish Malefic Truth Dragon from my graveyard to give this dragon a 5,000 attack-point boost!

[PRIMAL DRAGON THE PRIMORDIAL DRAGON:
ATK: 7,000]

Yuya: You're wasting your time, Roget.

Zuzu: Ultimate Obedient Fiend can't attack unless your hand and the rest of your field are empty, and your Primal Dragon doesn't deal battle damage, and will only maintain its extra attack points until the end of the turn.

Roget: I'm not going to attack with them. [places another card] I'm going to attack with this! I tribute both of my monsters!

[His monsters vanish]

Roget: I bring forth a monster of 10 millennia! 10 millennia of power! 10 millennia of fierceness! 10 millennia of might! I special-summon Ten Thousand Dragon!

[Ten Thousand Dragon appears and roars]

Roget: Since the attack and defense points of the monsters I tributed exceeded 10,000, Ten Thousand Dragon's attack and defense points become 10,000 upon special-summon. And there's more. Since I tributed Primal Dragon, Ten Thousand Dragon can attack twice this turn! The first to go shall be the reincarnation of Ray Akaba! Ten Thousand Dragon, attack and destroy Assembled Nightingale with Millennium Nostril Gust!

[Ten Thousand Dragon fires a massive burst of flames at Assembled Nightingale]

Zuzu: [reveals set card] I activate Waboku! This card protects me from damage and my monsters from being destroyed in battle.

[The attack is cancelled out]

Roget: You may have survived this turn, Ray, but watch and weep as I wipe out the reincarnation of Zarc, who betrayed me! Ten Thousand Dragon, attack and destroy Starving Venom Fusion Dragon and end his master!

[Ten Thousand Dragon fires a massive burst of black flames at Starving Venom]

Zuzu: Yuya, look out!

Yuya: Have you forgotten about my Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon, Roget? Since you're battling one of my monsters, that monster gains the attack points of the monster it's battling. Case in point, Starving Venom's attack points go from 0 to 10,000!

Yuya: Starving Venom, counterattack! Venomous Burst!

[Starving Venom fires his attack at Ten Thousand Dragon's; both attacks hit each other and result in an explosion, destroying both monsters]

Roget: My monster may be gone, but I will not allow you to win! [reveals set card] I activate Wall of Revealing Light! I pay 5,000 life points!

[His field is surrounded by a barrier]

[LP:
Yuya: 1,600 (Hand: 0)
Roget: 9,000 (Hand: 4)]

Roget: Now, none of your monsters can attack unless their attack points exceed 5,000! [sets three cards] That should give me ample time to prepare to deliver one final blow to the both of you. I end my turn.

Yuya: That's just like you, Roget. A spineless, sniveling coward. I'll bet that's another reason you abandoned Westcott at his time of weakness. You were afraid he might've killed you.

Roget: Just make your move!

Yuya: [draws] Fine, then. [places a card] I activate Pot of Riches! [shuffles three Pendulum cards from his Extra Deck to his main deck] I shuffle three Pendulum cards face-up from my Extra Deck or graveyard back into my main deck and draw two more cards. [draws two cards] But I can't special-summon outside of Pendulum-summoning this turn. [places a card] And this one is all I'll need this turn! Time for an encore, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

[Odd-Eyes reappears and roars]

Yuya: [places another card] Next, I activate Soul Release, banishing Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon from my graveyard, just in case. I end my turn.

Zuzu: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I activate Pot of Greed to draw two more cards. [draws two cards, then places another card] Now, I activate Polymerization, fusing Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale with a second copy of Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow from my hand!

[Said two monsters fuse together]

Zuzu and Lulu: From these two will come a mighty, majestic monster. Look high to the sky as I Fusion-summon Lyrilusc - Independent Nightingale!

Zuzu: Since Assembled Nightingale had six Overlay Units, Independent Nightingale gains a level for each unit and 500 attack points times her level.

[LYRILUSC - INDEPENDENT NIGHTINGALE:
LV: 7
ATK: 4,500]

Zuzu: She may not have enough points to bypass your Wall of Revealing Light, but she can still take a chunk out of your life points with her other effect. Once per turn, she can deal you 500 points of damage times her level!

[7 x 500 = 3,500]

[Independent Nightingale fires feathers at Roget]

Roget: [reveals set card] Energy Absorbing Monolith will turn that damage into life points!

[The feathers are absorbed]

[LP:
Roget: 12,500 (Hand: 1)]

Zuzu: Just wait until next turn. I end my turn.

Roget: [draws] Draw! [looks at what he just drew; growls] I end my turn.

Yuya: [draws] Your wall is strong, but we have strong monsters. [sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Zuzu: [draws] My turn again! Independent Nightingale, give Roget another taste of your damaging effect!

[Independent Nightingale fires her feathers at Roget]

Roget: [reveals set card] Time for another Energy-Absorbing Monolith!

[The feathers are absorbed again]

[LP:
Zuzu: 700 (Hand: 1)
Roget: 16,000 (Hand: 1)]

Roget: The more you try to defeat me, the further you are from defeating me! You call yourselves the reincarnations of Zarc and Ray?!

Zuzu: [in her mind] I'll teach him to insult me and my Yuya. [aloud; sets a card] I set this card and end my turn.

Roget: [draws] My turn! [places a card] I summon Skystarray!

[Skystarray appears]

ATK: 600]

Roget: This monster may not destroy your monsters, but it can attack you directly. [places another card] Next, I activate Double Attack! [discards a card] I discard my useless level-8 Big Saturn to allow Skystarray to attack twice this turn! I'll let the traitor watch in horror as it attacks his partner twice and wipes her out! Skystarray, attack Zuzu directly!

[Skystarray strikes Zuzu directly]

[LP:
Zuzu: 100 (Hand: 0)
Roget: 16,000 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: By bringing Zuzu's life points below 500, you activated the effect of Dueltaining, letting her draw two more cards!

[Zuzu draws two more cards]

Zuzu: Thanks, Yu.

Yuya: Anytime.

Roget: Those cards will be useless to you when I'm through with you! Skystarray, finish her off!

[Skystarray charges at Zuzu again]

Zuzu: I had a feeling you'd attack me directly eventually. [reveals set card] That's why I have King's Consonance! This card negates your attack!

[The attack is negated]

Zuzu: And it also allows me to banish a Tuner, along with another monster or more, from my graveyard to perform a Synchro-summon! I tune my level-4 Tuner Windwitch - Glass Bell to my level-1 Lyriluscs - Sapphire Swallow, Turquoise Warbler, two Cobalt Sparrows!

[Said five monsters appear and tune together (4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8)]

Zuzu: I'm summoning a new monster that will bring you down with all the power of a wicked winter time avalanche! I Synchro-summon Windwitch - Diamond Bell!

[Said monster appears]

Zuzu: By Synchro-summoning her, I can target Windwitch - Ice Bell in my graveyard and deal you 500 points of damage!

[Diamond Bell fires a blast at Roget, hitting him]

[LP:
Zuzu: 100 (Hand: 2)
Roget: 15,500 (Hand: 0)]

Roget: This duel is far from over! I end my turn.

[Zuzu looks at the cards she just drew, then turns to Yuya, who nods]

Yuya: Here we go, Zuzu. [draws] I draw! [takes three banished cards] And the second effect of Ledger of Legerdemain activates, letting me add the three cards I banished with its first effect to my hand. [places a card] Now, I activate Goblin Thief! You take 500 points of damage, and I gain that amount in life points!

[Roget gets struck with damage]

[LP:
Yuya: 2,100 (Hand: 3)
Roget: 15,000 (Hand: 0)]

Roget: Is that supposed to scare me?

Yuya: No, but this will! [places another card] Dimension Fusion! I special-summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!

[LP:
Yuya: 100 (Hand: 2)
Roget: 15,000 (Hand: 0)]

[The four dragons reappear beside Odd-Eyes and roar]

Zuzu: Windwitch - Glass Bell, Lyrilusc - Cobalt Sparrow, and Lyrilusc - Turquoise Warbler in defense mode!

[Said three monsters reappear on Zuzu's field]

Roget: I have nothing. But even an army of dragons can't get past my wall.

Yuya: [places another card] That's where this card comes in: Mystical Space Typhoon!

Roget: I take that back.

[A giant typhoon appears and shatters Roget's Trap Card]

Yuya: Now all my monsters are free to attack you! And to ensure my victory,... [places another card] I equip Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon with United We Stand! This card gives him 800 attack points for each of my monsters!

ATK: 6,500]

Yuya: Okay, dragons! Let's take him down! Starving Venom, attack with Venomous Burst!

[Starving Venom strikes Roget w/his attack]

[LP:
Yuya: 100 (Hand: 0)
Roget: 12,200 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: Clear Wing, attack with Spinstorm Sky Strike!

[Clear Wing fires his attack at Roget, hitting him]

[LP:
Roget: 9,700 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: Dark Rebellion, Mauling Mandible Charge!

[Dark Rebellion strikes Roget]

[LP:
Roget: 7,200 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Sweeping Static Strike!

[Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon fires his attack at Roget, hitting him]

[LP:
Roget: 4,200 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, finish him with Spiral Flame Strike!

[Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon fires his attack at Roget]

Roget: Fool. You think you can outwit Jean-Michel Roget?! [reveals set card] Think again! I have another Draining Shield!

[The attack is negated]

[LP:
Roget: 10,700 (Hand: 0)]

Yuya: This is just the beginning, Roget. Zuzu, it's all up to you!

Zuzu: [draws] Thanks! [places a card] I activate Double Spell! [discards a card] I discard Fusion Substitute from my hand to activate a Spell Card in your graveyard, Roget. Card of Sanctity, a card you discarded with Card Destruction earlier. [draws five more cards] Now we each reload our hands.

[Yuya and Roget each draw six cards; Roget looks at his deck; there is only one card left]

Roget: [growls] When my next turn comes, I will destroy you both!

Zuzu: Next turn? Think again. [places a card] First, I activate Creature Swap! Yuya, I hope you don't mind my giving you Turquoise Warbler.

Yuya: As long as you treat Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon with care.

[Odd-Eyes and Turquoise Warbler swap places]

Zuzu: And there's more. I activate Independent Nightingale's effect again! This time, Roget, there's no escape!

[Independent Nightingale fires her wings at Roget again]

Roget: [discards a card] Effect Veiler will see that it doesn't happen!

[The feathers are negated]

Roget: Not only that, but your bum of a bird loses her extra levels and attack points!

[LYRILUSC - INDEPENDENT NIGHTINGALE:
LV: 1

Zuzu: Big deal. [places another card] I play Gift of the Martyr, sending Independent Nightingale to the graveyard and giving Odd-Eyes 1,000 more attack points!

[Independent Nightingale vanishes into Odd-Eyes]

ATK: 7,500]

Zuzu: One of Lulu's best monsters may not be on the field, but her strength still lives on in Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon! [places another card] Now, I activate another copy of Gift of the Martyr, giving Odd-Eyes a 2,800-point boost by sending Windwitch - Diamond Bell to the graveyard!

[Windwitch - Diamond Bell vanishes into Odd-Eyes]

ATK: 10,300]

Zuzu: But I'm not quite done yet. [places another card] I activate Luna Light Perfume, special-summoning Lunalight Wolf from my graveyard!

[Lunalight Wolf appears]

[LV: 6

Yuya: Let me guess: He made you discard that card with Card Destruction?

Zuzu: Mm-hmm. Along with Lunalight Yellow Marten, whose effect I'll activate now! I special-summon her from the graveyard by returning Lunalight Wolf to my hand.

[Lunalight Wolf vanishes back into Zuzu's hand; Yellow Marten appears in her place]

DEF: 2,000]

Zuzu: [banishes a card from her graveyard] Next, I banish Luna Light Perfume and add Lunalight Black Sheep to my hand. Now, the stage is set for the main event.

[The spirit of Celina appears beside her]

Celina: Well, it's about time.

Zuzu: I know. Sorry. [places another card] I activate Lunalight Fusion! I fuse Lunalight Black Sheep and Lunalight Wolf in my hand with Lunalight Yellow Marten on my field!

[All three monsters fuse together]

Zuzu and Celina: By joining the might of a marten, the power of a predator, and the sheer strength of a sheep, we bring forth a new lunar legend! Fusion-summon! Come forth, Lunalight Sabre Dancer!

[LUNALIGHT SABRE DANCER:
LV: 9
ATK: 3,000 (boosted to 3,600)]

Zuzu: It's over, Roget! Bloom Harmonist the Melodious Composer, fire 1!

[Bloom Harmonist fires her attack at Roget]

Roget: Not so fast! [places a card] I intercept with Juragedo and regain 1,000 life points!

[Juragedo appears]

DEF: 1,300]

[LP:
Yuya: 100 (Hand: 6)
Zuzu: 100 (Hand: 1)
Roget: 11,700 (Hand: 5)]

Roget: Try and get by him, doll!

Zuzu: Oh, I will, with the effect of another card you made me discard with Card Destruction. [banishes a card from her graveyard] Skill Successor! This card gives Bloom Harmonist an extra 800 attack points!

[BLOOM HARMONIST THE MELODIOUS COMPOSER:
ATK: 1,800]

[Bloom Harmonist's attack strikes and destroys Juragedo]

Roget: [places another card] Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon takes over for Juragedo!

[Said monster appears]

[LV: 5
DEF: 1,100]

Zuzu: Not a problem for Lunalight Sabre Dancer!

Zuzu and Celina: Lunalight Sabre Dancer, attack and destroy that dragon! Lunar Sabre Strike!

[Lunalight Sabre Dancer strikes the dragon w/her sabres, destroying it]

Roget: [growls] Even if you attack me with Odd-Eyes, you're not going to win this turn. I'll still have 1,400 life points left, more than enough to contemplate my next move next turn.

Yuya: There won't be a next turn for you, Roget. [reveals set card] I activate my last set card: Foolish Revival! This card lets me special-summon a monster from your graveyard to your side of the field.

[Ultimate Obedient Fiend reappears]

[LV: 9
DEF: 3,000]

Roget: Ultimate Obedient Fiend?! Why?!

Zuzu: Never underestimate the value of teamwork, Roget. [places her last card] I activate Enemy Controller! [pushes the buttons on the controller] Up! Left! Down! Right! A! Switch Ultimate Obedient Fiend into attack mode!

[Ultimate Obedient Fiend is switched into attack mode]

[ATK: 3,500]

[The spirits of the other three Bracelet Girls appear beside Zuzu]

Celina: And don't forget, when Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon attacks a monster,...

Lulu: ...the damage is doubled!

Rin: And with nothing left to protect you,...

Zuzu: ...this duel is over!

[10,300 - 3,500 = 6,800 x 2 = 13,600]

[Roget looks at his hand; there are nothing but Normal Spell Cards]

Roget: NO! PLEASE!! HAVE MERCY!!!

Yuri: This final attack is for your treason!

Yuto: For all those children you endangered last year!

Yugo: For all the damage you caused in the Synchro Dimension, and the creation of those dangerous duel disks!

Yuya: And for what you did to me, and to Zuzu!

Roget: This can't be happening to me!

Yuya, Yuri, Yuto, Yugo, Zuzu, Celina, Lulu, and Rin: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, wipe out Ultimate Obedient Fiend and Roget with Cross-Dimensional Spiral Flame Strike!

[With the power of every one of Yuya and Zuzu's monsters, Odd-Eyes fires a massive blast at Ultimate Obedient Fiend, destroying him; the explosion knocks Roget back with damage; Roget screams in terror, then hits the ground hard and collapses]

[LP:
Yuya: 100 (Hand: 6)
Zuzu: 100 (Hand: 0)
Roget: 0 (Hand: 4)]

[The gang cheers, along with the soldiers in the crowd; all monsters vanish]

Yoko: YES! They did it!

Alvin: Great teamwork, guys!

Yuya: Way to go, Zuzu!

Zuzu: Never could've done it without you, Yuya.

[She walks up to Yuya; she stares for a moment, then bursts into tears]

Yuya: Zuzu, what's the matter?

[Zuzu starts to cry and hugs Yuya]

Zuzu: Yuya, when you disappeared, I was afraid I'd never see you again. And when I found out Roget brainwashed you, I got even more afraid. I just had to jump in and duel him. You were there for me before. Today, it was my turn. We're even now.

Yuya: Zuzu...

[He returns the hug; Alvin suddenly notices Roget's Doom Disk is still intact]

Alvin: Wait a minute. If Roget lost the duel, how come his Doom Disk isn't destroyed?

Aoi: Let me.

[She walks up to Roget's Doom Disk and grabs it; she inspects it and finds a small gray mark on a corner]

Aoi: This Doom Disk is a fake!

[She pries it open to reveal the wiring]

Aoi: This is the wiring of an ordinary duel disk! Roget never intended to duel for his life! He just toyed with Yuya and Zuzu's emotions! That's why he made a fake Doom Disk with the wiring of an ordinary duel disk to save his hide, even if he lost the duel!

[Qoone suddenly notices markings on Roget's fingers]

Qoone: And those markings-- [grabs the cards from Roget's duel disk and runs a scan] Invisible ink?! That cheat!

[She rips every last card to shreds]

Qoone: Get up, Roget!

[Roget gets back on his feet]

Roget: Ever so wise. That's right. I refuse to die by my own invention. Did you really think I would actually face death with dignity? That is for fools such as you!

Qoone: Arrest him!

[Yuya and Zuzu lunge at Roget; Roget dodges]

Roget: Biting off more than you can chew will only lead to your doom! Soldiers, join me!

[His soldiers ignore him]

Roget: What are you doing?!

[The soldiers throw things at him]

Soldier A: Screw you, old man!

Soldier B: Murderer!

Soldier C: Traitor!

Roget: [growls] I'll teach you to trifle with me! Demonoid soldiers, destroy them!

[His Demonoid soldiers strike the human soldiers to their deaths]

Yuya: [furiously clenches his fists] ROGET!!!

Roget: If they can't obey their master, they don't deserve to exist! Now, Demonoid soldiers, destroy the intruders and the traitor!

[The Demonoid soldiers leave the dead bodies and charge at the gang]

Qoone: Yuya!

[She whips out the metal case]

Qoone: [tosses the case to Yuya] Catch!

[Yuya jumps up and catches the case]

Yuya: [opens the case] What could it be? [gasps]

[Inside is a bronze Cosmo Pendant]

Yuya: Captain Qoone, I...

Qoone: I'll explain later! Use it now!

Yuya: [takes the pendant out of the case] Right!

Zuzu: A Cosmo Pendant?!

Gong: Does this mean...?!

Roget: A mere duelist like you couldn't possibly be a part of them!

Yuya: I know the team well enough to do this! [raises his pendant to the sky] Cosmo Power!

[He gets suited up into a bronze spandex suit with lynx spots, claws, and a tail, and a helmet; Roget and his Demonoids gasp]

Yuya: And now, the real duel begins!

[All seven Cosmo Cats assemble]

Roget: Seven Cosmo Cats?!

Eris: Roll call! With the fierceness of the mighty tiger! Cosmo Red!

Aoi: With the strength of the mighty jaguar! Cosmo Blue!

Manami: With the speed of the mighty cheetah! Cosmo Yellow!

Antonia: With the tenacity of the mighty snow leopard! Cosmo White!

Kio: With the courage of the mighty lion! Cosmo Black!

Qoone: With the cunning of the mighty cougar! Cosmo Violet!

Yuya: With the stealth of the mighty lynx! Cosmo Bronze!

Eris: Guardians of Catia.

Yuya: Guardians of Earth.

Eris and Yuya: We stand and fight for what it's worth!

All seven: Cosmo Cats, we are united!

Roget: [shakes his fists] GET THEM!

[His Demonoids charge at the Cosmo Cats]

Yuya: You guys deal with these creeps. I'll go and find Arisa and Aiko!

Zuzu: I'll go with you!

Gong: Gong, too!

Yoko: Same here!

Alvin: Don't worry, Yuya. We'll take these guys!

[Yuya's group leaves the arena as Alvin and the remaining Cosmo Cats fight Roget's Demonoids]

Roget: [runs after Yuya's group] Come back here, you cowards! You can't escape me!

Last edited by TVLubber (11/06/2022 4:40 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

11/15/2020 11:54 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 328: ACME vs. Yuya Pt. 3: The Birth of Cosmo Bronze

[Meanwhile, in front of the control room, Arisa and Aiko continue fighting Vince while Grace and Gloria continue ripping out the controls]

Vince: You two are strong, but I'm Roget's top soldier! I can't lose to mere civilians.

[Arisa grabs him in a Boston crab headlock while Aiko bonks him on the head repeatedly]

Vince: [breaks free] FOOLS! [whips out his swords] Take this!

[He tosses his swords at Arisa and Aiko, who narrowly dodge, but one of the blades barely grazes Arisa's right cheek, giving it a bleeding cut]

Aiko: Arisa!

Arisa: That really hurt! [grabs the Red Rapier] I'm no expert in swordsmanship, but I know how to use one to make sick bastards beg for mercy!

[She charges at Vince]

Vince: Hey! That's mine!

[She strikes Vince w/the rapier]

Aiko: [grabs the Blue Backsword] My turn!

[She strikes Vince w/the backsword]

Vince: Hand over those swords, or it's the Quantum Cannon for the both of you!

Arisa: You think we give a sh*t about that?!

Aiko: Yuya's well-being is more important to us!

Vince: Fine, then! Quantum Cannon, fire!

[He fires a massive blast from his Quantum Cannon at Arisa and Aiko, who cross their swords together and reflect the blast right back at him, causing the swords to suddenly crack]

Arisa: This better work. I don't think these swords can sustain another powerful blast.

Vince: [punches the blast back] Neither will you! No one will!

[Suddenly, before the blast can even reach Arisa and Aiko, Cosmo Bronze intercepts and repels the blast]

Vince: Who are you?!

Yuya: Just call me no one.

Arisa and Aiko: Another Cosmo Cat?!

[Yuya turns to the two girls]

Yuya: Arisa, Aiko, are you all right?

Arisa and Aiko: [gasps] Yuya?!

Yuya: Yep. I'm a Cosmo Cat now.

Vince: Yuya? No! How could this be?!

Arisa: The twins must've finally destroyed the mind manipulator!

Aiko: [looks toward the room] But they may need help!

Yuya: Leave it to me, girls!

[He charges into the room]

Yuya: Tyler twins! Long time, no see!

[The twins stop what they're doing]

Grace: Yuya, is that you?!

Gloria: What's with the spandex?

Yuya: So it was you who helped free me from Roget's control.

Grace: Yes, it was.

Gloria: But we're still trying to disable the forcefield so we can all get out of here!

Yuya: That's not a problem with my Cosmo Lance.

[He whips out a bronze-colored lance]

Yuya: Step back, girls. This could be dangerous!

[Suddenly, Vince bursts in]

Vince: Oh, no, you don't!

[He and Yuya get into a fight]

Yuya: You girls get to the others! I've got this one!

Grace: Okay! Good luck, Yu!

[She and Gloria exit the room and join Arisa and Aiko just as the rest of Zuzu's group approaches]

Zuzu: Aiko! Arisa! Tyler twins?

Grace: Hey, Zu. Nice cosplay.

Zuzu: Oh, this? Well,...

Gong: Never mind that. You guys all right?

Arisa: Yes, thanks to the new Cosmo Cat.

Gong: Good ol' Yuya.

Yoko: Where is he?

Gloria: [points to the control room] In the control room, fighting Roget's top soldier.

Roget: But he doesn't stand a chance!

[Roget himself charges into the scene]

Gloria and Grace: Roget.

Roget: No one escapes Jean-Michel Roget and lives!

Zuzu: Don't you know you have no means to fight us, Roget?

Yoko: Yeah. Westcott took your only unit.

Roget: [snickers] He did take my unit, but I lied when I said it was my only one. [extracts a Super CDG Unit from his pocket] Little did Westcott know, before I escaped him, I swiped two of his Super Cyber Demon Gear Unit dog tags. I kept this one for myself and gave the other to Vince. Equip!

[He gets equipped with a Super CDG Unit]

Roget: Now, to destroy all of you!

[He whips out his swords and charges at the gang]

Zuzu: Mega Armor, activate!

[She converts to Mega Mode and whips out her Harmony Falchion]

Zuzu: This'll teach you!

[She and Roget get into a fight; the others huddle up]

Gloria: Okay, guys. Here's the plan. In case Roget tries to retreat, surround him on all sides.

Grace: Those with duel disks, use your best monsters.

Gong: Got it.

Yoko: Ditto. I'll teach Roget not to mess with my son.

Arisa: What about me and Aiko?

Aiko: Arisa, we still have what's left of Vince's swords. Remember?

[Arisa notices she and Aiko are still holding the damaged swords]

Arisa: Oh, right. Well, they'd better work.

Grace: Even the base of the sword alone is enough to give him Hell. You're in good shape.

Gloria: Okay. Let's spread out, gang. Ready?

All six: BREAK!

[They spread out]

Zuzu: Your Doom Disks are nothing but trouble!

Roget: My original intent was to obtain the Egyptian God cards, but all efforts to obtain them have failed!

Zuzu: Probably because they were meant for true duelists, not thieving monsters like you!

[She kicks Roget in the gut]

Roget: Even so, I had to get your friend to use one against his own comrades. If he won, he would be branded a monster for eternity. If he lost, he would have died. Either way, I would have won. If only it weren't for my limited technology and those loopholes! Nevertheless, I still have more in stock ready for the next time I take control of one of you!

Zuzu: If you'd only get the chance.

[She flies up raises her falchion; her wings glow violet, green, yellow, and red]

Zuzu: [dives down toward Roget] Harmony Falchion, Melodious Strike!

[Roget tries to shield himself with his swords, but Zuzu bisects him w/her falchion, cutting Roget's swords in half]

Zuzu: Any last words?!

Roget: [electrified] This isn't over! I'll be back!

[He tries to make his getaway, but Gong blocks his path with his Superheavy Samurai monsters]

Gong: Remember Gong? The one you tried to kill before?

Roget: [growls; turns to another direction] There's more than one way to skin a cat.

[His next path is suddenly blocked by Yoko and her Road Raven monsters]

Yoko: This is for my son!

Roget: I won't blow it again!

[He heads into another direction, but his path is blocked by Arisa and Aiko carrying what's left of Vince's damaged swords]

Arisa: Don't think what's left of these swords are useless, Roget.

Aiko: You'll never get out of this alive.

Roget: Not this way, perhaps.

[He heads into another direction, but the Tyler twins block his path with an army of Amazoness monsters]

Gloria: That's as far as you go, Roget!

Grace: Surrender!

Roget: [growls] NEVER!

[Suddenly, Alvin and the other six Cosmo Cats come up from behind Yoko before Roget can even move]

Alvin: Last chance, Roget!

Roget: No! How could you have survived my Demonoid army?!

[Eris holds out her fist; she opens it, and tiny shards of broken Demonoid computer chips fall out]

Eris: It's easy. They were no stronger than Valsky, a deadly alien we fought before.

[Roget shakes his fists furiously]

Roget: It doesn't matter. Even if you do defeat me, the forcefield that encompasses the stadium is impenetrable. Only I know how to get through it.

Arisa: Oh, really? [points at the control room]

Roget: [turns to the control room and overhears Yuya's fight against Vince] Vince, you fool!

[He barges into the control room, where Yuya is still fighting Vince]

Vince: Mr. Roget, step aside! It's too dangerous!

Roget: [looks around at the damaged devices; furiously] First, you let those prisoners get away, then you let them destroy my machinery?! [gets in front of the forcefield device] The device that controls the forcefield is in here! You'll end up destroying it!

Vince: Why do you think I'm here?! I'm trying to stop Sakaki from doing so!

Roget: SILENCE! QUANTUM CANNON!!

[He fires a blast from his Quantum Cannon at Vince and Yuya, blasting them out of the control room; Vince barely gets back on his feet, but his unit electrifies]

Vince: Mr. Roget, how could you?

[He falls back to the ground, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Vince lies dead on the ground, his unit and dog tag destroyed]

Yuya: [gets back on his feet] He didn't deserve that.

Roget: He's failed me for the last time. And you-- You're next.

Yuya: I wish you were still stuck in that wormhole. It's a shame I can't send you back.

Roget: [points his swords at Yuya] Every time I attempted to make the Synchro Dimension my own kingdom, even if it meant betraying my team at the Fusion Dimension, it blew up in my face, and it's all because of you and your Lancers. I was grateful to the Demonoids when they took me in after I survived the wormhole and joined their team. But my true intent was to gain the trust of their leader and have him make me their leader. I always hated being second to anyone. But no matter what, ACME's meddling got in the way. I tried taking matters into my own hands, but when the Cosmo Cats fouled up my greatest plan, Westcott demoted me and never sent me out into the field again. I vowed someday I would get revenge. Then the Demon Lord infiltrated our submarine and ensnared Westcott. That's when I retreated to the Fusion Dimension to conduct my own plans. First, I get you all out of the way, then I destroy the Demonoids.

Yuya: All that technology you used against us was from the Demonoids. You took it from them. It was never your own. They have more power than you'll ever have. More knowledge. More technology. I hate them as much as you do, but for reasons completely different from yours.

Roget: [raises his swords] Silence!

Yuya: [intercepts with his lance] Face it, Roget! You may be strong, but you'll always be second-rate. Maybe even worse.

Roget: Are you deaf?! I said SILENCE!

[Yuya kicks Roget in the gut]

Yuya: [drops his lance] Are you gonna come clean, or are you gonna force me?

Roget: [charges at Yuya] DIE, DAMN YOU!!!

Yuya: Guess it's the latter.

[He becomes surrounded by bronze aura and charges at Roget like a lynx]

Yuya: [jumps up] Lynx Rush!

[The roar of a lynx is heard; Yuya savagely strikes Roget with his claws; Roget gets a cut on each of his cheeks, which start bleeding out; Roget screams and falls to his knees]

Roget: That really hurt!

Yuya: Not nearly as much as you hurt many people, myself included! Luckily, I know how to endure the pain. But you, unable to handle mere cuts?

Roget: Screw you!

[He throws his swords at Yuya; suddenly, Zuzu jumps in and knocks them right back at Roget, who catches them]

Roget: You're a fool, Boyle!

Zuzu: Finish him, Yuya!

Yuya: Thanks, Zuzu. [grabs his lance] This is your last chance, Roget! Come at me!

Roget: To the finish, Sakaki!

[They scream as they charge at each other with their weapons]

Yuya: Cosmo Lance, ignite!

[His lance ignites; he spins it around and strikes Roget twice, sending him screaming and flying back into the control room, causing him to hit the device to the forcefield, which electrifies]

Roget: [unable to move] You... haven't... won... yet!

[Outside, the forcefield starts to disintegrate; the gang gathers together]

Eris: We gotta get outta here, Yuya! The others still need us!

[She whips out her transportal device and activates it, opening a portal back to Manhattan]

Yuya: Grace, Gloria, you wanna come along?

Grace: You betcha!

Gloria: Anywhere!

Qoone: Follow me, everybody!

[She leads the gang through the portal; just as the last member of the gang has crossed through, the control room engulfs in a massive explosion; the portal closes; after the smoke clears, the control room is in ruins and debris; after a moment of silence, Roget's hand emerges; Roget clenches his fist]

Roget: I will destroy you all!

[Back at New York City, the gang is outside the warehouse]

Eris: Roget's robots are still on the rampage.

Kio: We gotta stop them immediately!

Qoone: Omega MagnaDroid, energize!

Eris: Cosmo MagnaDroid, energize!

Alvin: Ninja Formosa, mobilize!

Zuzu: KaleidoBorg, deploy now!

[The Cosmo and Omega MagnaDroids enter the scene with KB9 and the Ninja Formosa; Eris, Aoi, Manami, Antonia, and Kio jump into the Cosmo MagnaDroid's cockpit; Qoone and Yuya jump into the Omega MagnaDroid's cockpit with the rest of Yuya's group and Arisa and Aiko; Alvin jumps into the Ninja Formosa's cockpit; Zuzu jumps into her KaleidoBorg's cockpit; all four mecha charge into the scene of the fight between the remaining ACME mecha and Roget's giant robots]

Tor: Hey, guys! Glad you could make it!

Shido: I don't know how much longer we can hold 'em off!

Eris: Let's finish these creepers off and go home!

Zuzu, Mia, Anna, and Pamela: Ivory Star Borg!

[KB7 and KB8 enter the scene and combine with KB9 and the MechaEagle to form the Ivory Star Borg]

Spider Riders: [convert to Ultra Mode] Ultra Mode, activate! Ultra Spider Caesar, initiate!

[The Ninja Formosa and Super Spider Samurai combine with the Spider Caesar to form the Ultra Spider Caesar]

Cosmo Cats: MagnaDroids, combine!

[The two MagnaDroids combine to form the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid]

Exceeds: Exceed Blaze Dragon King!

[The Diamond Dragon combines with the Exceed Blaze King to form the Exceed Blaze Dragon King]

Hunter: Everyone, attack at once!

Spider Riders: Ultra Xenon Flash!

[The Ultra Spider Caesar strikes the enemy robots with its Ultra Xenon Blade]

Exceeds: Dragon Javelin, Ultimate Strike!

[The Exceed Blaze Dragon King strikes the enemy robots with its javelin]

Exceeds: Primal Katana, Primal Slash!

[The Primal Blaze King strikes the enemy robots with its Primal Katana]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Ultra Spear, Emission Strike!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo strikes the enemy robots with its spear]

Gladiators: Quadruple Knuckle Strike!

[The Star Borgs strike the enemy robots with their glowing fists]

Cosmo Cats: Phaser Frenzy!

[The Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid fires all of its phasers at the enemy robots, hitting them all; the enemy robots all engulf in massive explosions]

Eris: Score one more for ACME!

Yuya: Let's go home, guys.

[Suddenly, a giant-sized Roget (still in his unit) emerges from a portal before the ACME mecha]

Roget: I wouldn't do that if I were you!

Cosmo Cats: Roget!

Roget: Did you really think I was going down so easily? You only destroyed my forcefield. My control room. It was the heart of my base of operations. And with it went every Doom Disk I had left. You destroy what's mine, I destroy what's yours!

[He fires a blast from his Quantum Cannon at the mecha, hitting them all; they all hit the ground]

Roget: My mission to become king of the Synchro Dimension-- No. All dimensions, will never end! Not until I succeed!

Yuya: [as the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid gets back on its feet] Even if you do become king, which you won't, once Westcott finds out you're still alive, he will destroy you!

Roget: Not so long as I have this Super Cyber Demon Gear unit! [strikes the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid w/his swords] He would cower being stared down by a former henchman using his technology against him!

[The Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid punches him twice; both giants get into a fight]

[Cut to the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid's cockpit with all seven Cosmo Cats, as well as Arisa, Aiko, Yoko, Gong, and the Tyler twins]

Eris: Like Yuya said, Roget, that kind of technology was never your own!

Aoi: You took it from Westcott!

Manami: He can take it back!

Antonia: He may be as sick as you, maybe even worse, but he never takes kindly to traitors!

Kio: But this power we're using against you-- It's our own!

Qoone: And we know damn well how to use it right!

Yuya: But you using me-- It was never gonna destroy ACME. It was only gonna cost you!

[Cut back outside]

Roget: It may have cost me a base and my army, but they can be replaced! I can come up with a new plan!

Eris: Not if we take you down first!

Roget: [scoffs] That will be the day!

[Suddenly, the giant Kunlun Arm Slave enters and stabs Roget in the back with its arm-mounted blades; Roget groans in pain and turns around]

Roget: What are you?

[Cut to Kunlun's cockpit with Yu Fan and Yu Lan]

Yu Fan: Remember us, Roget?

Yu Lan: The bitches that gave your control console a virus?

Roget: [growls] You two!

Yu Fan: We've had it with you and your sick schemes. You don't deserve to be part of Westcott's army.

Yu Lan: You don't even deserve the air you breathe.

Both twins: BURN IN HELL!!!

[Kunlun pulls its blades back, then fires a blast from a sniper rifle at Roget, hitting him in the gut; Roget screams in pain; Kunlun steps back]

Yu Fan: Finish him, ACME.

Yu Lan: He's all yours.

[The rest of the ACME mecha get back on their feet; Roget turns around and cowers]

Spider Riders, Gladiators, Exceeds, Spirit Soldiers, and Cosmo Cats: FINAL ATTACK!!

[All their mecha strike Roget with their finishers; Roget electrifies]

Roget: Why?! Why must I be destined to be a failure?!

[The Cosmo Cats jump out of their cockpit to the top of their mecha]

Yuya: It's simple. Evil never triumphs!

Eris: Time for a new finisher, guys!

[They all get into a Big Dipper constellation formation and activate the jewels on their chests]

Cosmo Cats: Seven-Star Finish! Ursa Major!

[All seven of them unleash beams from their jewels that take the form of a massive bear; Roget screams in horror as the bear savagely strikes Roget with its claws, then vanishes]

Roget: [coughs up blood and drops his broken swords] The Demonoids will come for you, ACME Crime Net. They don't need me to destroy you.

[He turns to Kunlun]

Roget: Yu Fan, Yu Lan,... You little traitors!

[He falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Roget, back to his normal size and form, lies dead on the ground, his unit and dog tag destroyed]

Yuya: Cosmo Cats, mission complete! Meow!

[Cut back to Kunlun's cockpit]

Yu Fan: C'est la vie.

Yu Lan: Adieu, Roget.

[Cut to the top of the Omega Cosmo MagnaDroid]

Eris: Yu Fan, Yu Lan, I... I'm at a loss for words.

Yu Fan: Thanks are unnecessary.

Yu Lan: We must go now.

[Kunlun takes off]

Kio: What gave the twins the idea to cripple their own subordinate, anyway?

Yuya: I don't know, but there's just something about those two.

[After the mecha leave, police arrest the pilots of the enemy robots and carry Roget's corpse in a body bag]

[Back on Westcott's Island, Westcott and his army have seen the whole battle on their TV]

Westcott: Turn it off.

[LN turns off the TV]

Westcott: Well, that's the end of Jean-Michel Roget.

LN: I knew he'd screw up after he deserted us.

Owen: A greedy dirtbag, that bloke.

Ewan: He never belonged with us.

Westcott: Those twins sure have proven their worth. Especially with that robot. We should assign them to the field more often.

LN: But, sir, what about Noah and Harry? Remember, they sent out those robots before Roget intervened.

Westcott: I'll let them know.

[He sends a transmission to Noah and Harry]

Noah: They almost had ACME, Mr. Westcott. But then they all banded together and destroyed them.

Harry: It's a good thing Roget paid us a hefty sum for them.

Westcott: Excellent. Keep providing my minions with those robots, but improve their technology. With five superhero teams up against us, we need extra effort.

Noah and Harry: Yes, sir!

[The transmission ends]

Westcott: All right, Demonoids. Back to work.

[They all head back to work]

[132 Madison Street, 12:30pm]

[The whole gang (back to normal) has pizza for lunch]

Yoko: Today, we can all celebrate the fall of Jean-Michel Roget and the rescue of my son. Yuya?

[Everyone applauds; Yuya stands up as some of the others shout "Speech!"]

Yuya: All I can say is, being used as one of Roget's puppets was like a nightmare. Filling my head with lies and making me fight my own friends with a deadly Doom Disk was the sickest thing he'd ever done. I owe a great deal to Alvin and Eris for snapping me out of it, and to Gloria and Grace for destroying the machine that controlled me.

Grace: We wouldn't have been able to if Arisa and Aiko hadn't gotten involved.

Gloria: They really saved the day.

Arisa: Aw, it was nothing.

Aiko: We did what we had to.

Eris: Really, you saved more than just Yuya. You saved us all. We wouldn't have been able to beat Roget if it weren't for your interdimensional hitchhiking.

[The gang applauds Arisa and Aiko]

Yuya: I also wanna offer special congratulations to you, Zuzu. You were very brave to take on Roget when you did.

Zuzu: You were there for me in the Synchro and Fusion Dimensions. I wanted to return the favor.

Yuya: I'm very proud of you.

Zuzu: [tearfully] Oh, Yuya.

[They embrace; the others applaud]

Qoone: On that happy note, I'd like to offer my own congratulations to you, Yuya, on a job well-done in your first mission as the newest Cosmo Cat.

Yuya: Thank you, Captain Qoone. It feels like a whole new beginning.

Qoone: Always remember that you're part of a superhero team. Watch out for your teammates as you'd watch out for yourself and your own group. You possess power with which to protect mankind. Use that power to defend, to ensure justice, and preserve righteousness.

Yuya: I won't let you down.

[Eris, Aoi, Manami, Antonia, and Kio approach him]

Eris: Welcome aboard, Cosmo Bronze.

[All seven of them stack hands]

All seven: [jump up] Cosmo Cats!

[At dusk, Zuzu sits on a bench on the roof of the warehouse watching the sunset, and frowning; Yuya approaches her]

Yuya: Hey, Zuzu. You feeling all right?

Zuzu: Yeah.

Yuya: You look a little glum.

Zuzu: [sighs] I still can't seem to get what Roget did to you out of my head, Yuya.

Yuya: [sits next to her] I'm with you. Nor can I stop thinking about what he tried to do to you in that duel, even though he was only toying with our emotions.

Zuzu: I had no choice. Someone had to make Roget pay. And the fact that he tried to make you kill Alvin and Eris--

Yuya: Let's not dwell on that anymore. The bottom line is, we're all safe, and Roget is gone, for good.

Zuzu: Yeah. You're right.

[She turns to Yuya]

Zuzu: Yuya, I've also been thinking...

Yuya: Yeah?

Zuzu: Are you free tomorrow night? Maybe we could, uh,... catch a movie?

Yuya: Lion King?

Zuzu: My thoughts exactly.

Yuya: I'd be glad to take you out.

Zuzu: So can we call it a date?

Yuya: The truth is, I've been wanting to ask you out for quite a while, but I was so wrapped up in dueling, I didn't feel like it. But after everything that's happened today, now's a good time.

Zuzu: Remember, I'm a duelist, too, so I've been in the same boat.

Yuya: Hmm. Okay, then. A date, it is.

Zuzu: Thanks, Yuya.

[She nestles her head on Yuya's shoulder; Yuya blushes, then puts his arm around Zuzu; the two hold hands as they watch the sunset]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Yuya: Well, even though I'm a Cosmo Cat now and I'm going out with Zuzu, the next arc goes to the Spirit Soldiers.

Shido: FINALLY!

Tohka: Hey, Shido, just one question.

Shido: Yeah?

Tohka: Did you sleep with Origami?

Shido: Next time: Sephira, Go!.

Kotori: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Tohka: Seriously, did you?!

Shido: We'll deal with that another time!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/29/2024 3:32 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera