ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2019 10:59 pm  #1

Side-Fic 309: The Silent Treatment

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Marion: Hi, everybody! The show's just about to start! Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your monitor.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[132 Madison Street, Monday, March 25th, 10:42am]

[Layla marks Demoth off the board with images of of the Treacherous Ten; Tohka polishes her saber]

Layla: Even with us 10 against the remaining six, it's too hot to handle. They might even find a way around Rosetta's little masquerade trick.

Tohka: I have a feeling this is the calm before the storm.

[Meanwhile, on board the Nickar, Tomahawk, Myaza, Serpentia, Scorch, Fearbat, and Talon view footage of the Kaleido Gladiators in battle]

Brittany: [in footage] YumeBlade, Dream Strike!

Fearbat: Voice ID complete!

Pamela: [in footage] Ivory Crossbow!

Talon: Voice data retained!

Marion: [in footage] Aqua Cannon!

May: [in footage] Demon Trident!

Sora: [in footage] Arrow of Hope!

Layla: Phoenix Saber, ignite!

Serpentia: Got it!

Scorch: Bingo!

Myaza: Yes!

Tomahawk: Those Gladiators think they can hide behind different identities, but they can't hide their voices.

Myaza: Once we find them, we shall...

Westcott: [enters] ...attack and capture, alive.

Serpentia: With only six of us against 10 of them, that's easier said than done.

Westcott: That's true, but you now have an edge. Should they say word one, you'll hear them and descend on them like bees. They can't even transform or make contact with their wristbands without you knowing. As of now, they're hopeless. Bring them all back, no matter how much power it takes. Then I'll send more Demonoids to keep the Spider Riders, the Cosmo Cats, and the Crystal Exceeds at bay, whereas I'll deal with the Spirit Soldiers myself.

Tomahawk: Understood, sir.

[She and her group vanish]

Westcott: LN, administer the medicine to Argon immediately.

LN: Right away, sir. [exits the bridge]

Westcott: Argon will find out the source of his power drain eventually, but by the time he does, it'll be too late.

[Turnstyle, Columbus Circle, Manhattan, NY, 11:11am]

[The six Demonoids appear in front of the entrance, then take on human forms (Tomahawk played by Amber Lee Connors, Myaza played by Jennifer Green, Serpentia played by Leah Clark, Scorch played by Dawn M. Bennett, Fearbat played by Alison Viktorin, and Talon played by Skyler MacIntosh)]

Tomahawk: Let's go.

[Her fellow Demonoids nod; all six head down the stairs and split up, scanning for the Gladiators' voices throughout; all the while, at Starbucks, Sora, bag in hand, is on her iPhone with her mother]

Sora: Mom, you didn't have to call so late at night. Yes, I got Yume's gift at the shops. But it wasn't easy. Another customer almost beat me to it.

[Suddenly, not far away, Tomahawk overhears Sora's conversation]

Sora: She's got more dresses than she knows what to do with. I can't get her another.

[Tomahawk repeats what she just heard; it matches Sora's voice pattern perfectly]

Tomahawk: The Angel of Hope. She's on the second floor.

Myaza: Lemme check.

[She scans area for Sora until she finds her located in Starbucks]

Myaza: [points at Starbucks] There!

Tomahawk: [holds Myaza back] Don't you move. What if she's not alone?

Myaza: Then you might as well keep up with me, 'cause I'm not waiting!

[She darts toward Starbucks and finds someone who appears be Sora; Myaza grabs her, but when she turns her around, the victim is actually someone else, who screams]

Woman: Mugger!

[Sora is already outside of Starbucks and about to leave when she hears the scream; she turns back and notices Myaza and her group confronting the woman]

Woman: What do you want with me?

Myaza: [takes a closer look at the victim] Hmm... Tomahawk?

Tomahawk: [eyes the victim] It's not her! Let's go.

[She and her group exit just as Sora finds a place to hide]

Tomahawk: Myaza, how could you attack the wrong person?!

Myaza: Hey, you identified the Angel of Hope's voice!

Fearbat: Oh, shut up, you two. I'm sure she couldn't have gone far.

Tomahawk: Let's just keep looking. But the next mistake-- Whoever fouls it up-- The rest of us are leaving.

[She and her group exit; Sora runs out in another direction]

[132 Madison Street, 11:32am]

[Sora, bag in hand, rushes into the warehouse, where Layla, Rosetta, May, Brittany, and Pamela make adjustments to their weapons]

Sora: Guys! [pants heavily] I saw them!

Brittany: Who?!

Layla: Take a deep breath, Sora.

[Sora does so and puts down her bag]

Layla: Now, what happened while you were at Columbus Circle?

Sora: I saw the Treacherous Six. They're in human form, and now they're after us!

Rosetta: Wait, where's Marion?

Sora: She's still at the Shops! She told me she'd be a bit longer!

May: We gotta warn her!

Pamela: But we can't use our wristbands, or they'll track us down.

Sora: We also can't use our phones. That's how they tracked me down. Somehow, they recognized my voice. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.

Layla: Then we'll have to text her.

[She sends a text to Marion]

[The Shops at Columbus Circle, 11:33am]

[Marion is already at the entrance; she gets a text from Layla: "No talking."; Marion replies: "Why not?"; Layla replies back: "The rest of the Treacherous Ten have taken human form, and they know our voices. The slightest peep, and they'll track you down like they did Sora."; Sora adds: "And they already know the sound of your wristband, so put it on silent."; Pamela adds: "You have to get out of the mall fast. We'll catch up with you ASAP."; Marion replies: "I'm already on my way out.", then puts her phone in her pocket and is about to leave, when a woman taps her on the shoulder and holds out a few shopping bags]

Woman: You forgot these, miss.

[Marion, unable to say a word, smiles, grabs the bag, and gives the woman a thumbs up signal before leaving; she suddenly bumps into an elderly man]

Man: I beg your pardon.

[Marion stops and turns to him]

Man: I think you owe me an apology.

[Marion suddenly notices a flower bed nearby and grabs a few flowers, then hands them to the man]

Man: Oh. Thank you.

[Marion smiles and heads out; not far away, the human-form Demonoids look around; Marion suddenly stops to notice a woman (beside her baby's stroller) chatting with another woman on the top stair of the Christopher Columbus monument; the wind slowly blows the stroller backwards; Marion tries to speak up, but stops, until she notices the stroller getting too close to the edge]

Marion: LOOK OUT!!

[Serpentia overhears the scream just as a man stops the stroller just in time; she repeats what she just heard; it matches Marion's voice perfectly; she and her group gather]

Serpentia: The Aqua Blossom.

Tomahawk: Let's go.

[Back at the monument, Marion breathes a sigh of relief, but suddenly facepalms at what she had just done; she runs out as fast as she can, but the Treacherous Six chase her to Merchant's Gate, where they catch her]

Scorch: Surprise!

Marion: [in her mind] Oh, great.

Talon: Going somewhere?

Fearbat: You look as if you're in a hurry.

[All six surround Marion]

Serpentia: Don't be in such a rush, kid.

[Marion tries to remain calm, until Yoshino, disguised as a clown and carrying balloons and a vending tray (filled with candy, popcorn, Crackerjack, etc.) (along with Yoshinon), slides into the scene]

Yoshino: We got candy! Popcorn! Crackerjack! Sweets for the sweet, and they can't be beat! Buy some, get a free balloon! [approaches Marion] Anybody?

[She briefly lowers her large sunglasses and winks at Marion; Marion breathes a sigh of relief; Yoshino puts her sunglasses back on]

Tomahawk: Who the hell's this clown?!

Myaza: We don't have time for her foolishness!

Talon: Just take your candy and back off!

[Unfazed by the Demonoids' insults, Yoshino laughs goofily and darts off]

Yoshino: Two for a dollar! Lemme hear you holler! [laughs]

Serpentia: Yeah, we have who we came for. Forget the damn clown.

[But before her team can do anything, they hear...]

Yoshino: [from behind a nearby tree in the park] That was as easy as pie, wasn't it?

Marion: [also from behind the same tree] Yeah. Those Demonoids were easier to fool that we thought.

Serpentia: [points at the source of the voices] That's her! The real Aqua Blossom! Follow me!

[The others follow her into the park; by the time they reach the tree, there is no one or nothing behind it except a clown costume and balloons pinned to the ground by a clown shoe]

Talon: Where'd they go? Where'd they go?!

Yoshino: Catch us if you can, Demonoids!

Tomahawk: [points at her right] That way, guys!

[They head to the right; back at the gate, Marion sighs again; Sora taps her shoulder; Marion gasps and turns around to see Sora, Layla, Rosetta, May, Brittany, and Pamela]

Sora: Shh!

[They hear the sound of a Sephira Cycle; in the park, Yoshino, as Spirit Soldier Blue, rides her Sephira Cycle, carrying her iPhone and Bluetooth speaker on the back; by the time the Demonoids appear (back in their normal forms), Yoshino is already out of sight]

Serpentia: [growls] Tricked again!

Tomahawk: I warned you! Let's get outta here!

[She and the others vanish, leaving Serpentia behind]

[Cut back to the gate]

Layla: They're gone now.

Sora: [embraces Marion] Good job, Marion.

Pamela: You really kept your cool, girl.

Marion: Aw, am I glad to see you guys!

[She embraces her six friends all at once]

Brittany: You know, for a moment, I didn't think you'd stay quiet for so long.

Marion: Oh, really? Wanna make somethin' of it?

[She playfully socks Brittany and laughs]

Brittany: Oh, good one.

Marion: Come on, guys. Let's get to work.

[They check to see if the coast is clear, then activate their wristbands]

Layla, Sora, Rosetta, Marion, May, Brittany, and Pamela: Kaleido Power!

[They all get suited up, then fly into the park, where they block Serpentia's path]

Marion: Looking for me, Serpentia?!

Pamela: Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you might just get it.

Layla: Only, not quite how you pictured it.

Serpentia: Oh, only seven of you? Very well. The four that failed were up against all 10 of you. Lucky me.

[Suddenly, Spirit Soldier Blue jumps into the scene]

Yoshino: No more clowning around, Serpentia! You're also up against a Spirit Soldier!

Serpentia: [growls and grips her pike] Screw that! You're all mine!

[She charges at Yoshino and the Gladiators; they fight over the next minute; afterwards, May, Rosetta, Sora, and Layla launch the other four at Serpentia; Marion, Brittany, Pamela, and Yoshino point their weapons at Serpentia and strike her one by one]

Marion: Aqua Cannon!

Brittany: YumeBlade!

Pamela: Ivory Crossbow!

Yoshino: Spirit Axe!

[They then launch the other four, who strike Serpentia w/their weapons:]

Layla: Phoenix Saber!

Sora: Arrow of Hope!

Rosetta: Fairy Daggers!

May: Demon Trident!

Serpentia: [growls] Now I'm really mad!

[She mutates into a more monstrous form, then gets struck by the Giga Beam and grows giant-sized]

Marion: Didn't even let me go into Mega Mode. Mega Star Borg!

Pamela: MechaEagle!

All seven Gladiators: Deploy now!

[The Mega Star Borg and MechaEagle (Fighter Mode) fly into the scene; the Gladiators jump into the cockpits; the two mecha face the giant mutated Serpentia]

Serpentia: Looks like you're gonna be left out in the cold!

[She unleashes a cold blast at the machines, freezing the Mega Star Borg from head to toe just as the MechaEagle dodges and fights Serpentia]

Layla: Our controls are frozen!

Pamela: Don't worry! I got her!

[Cut to the Mega Star Borg's cockpit]

May: All systems are shutting down fast!

Marion: We're not gonna let a little blizzard take us out. Layla, can you adjust the heat?

Layla: I'll try.

[She adjusts the heat on the controls, causing the temperature to rise slowly and the ice around the Mega Star Borg to melt]

Rosetta: Nice work, Marion!

Brittany: The ice is melting!

Sora: As soon as we return to normal temperature, lower the meter.

Marion: Wait a second. We can keep the heat up for a little longer so we can channel the extra heat into the Six-Wing Flash.

Layla: Good idea, Marion. Pamela, do you copy?

Pamela: She's all yours!

[Outside, the MechaEagle releases Serpentia, who turns to notice the Mega Star Borg in full heat; she charges at it]

Marion: Six-Wing Flash!

[The Mega Star Borg's wings unleash colorful beams upon Serpentia, hitting her hard]

Pamela: All right! Wing Cannons, fire!

[The MechaEagle fires its Wing Cannons at Serpentia, hitting her]

Serpentia: [groans] You'll pay for that, you brats!

[She suddenly shrinks back to her normal size]

Serpentia: [gasps] My size! [growls] I shouldn't have used up so much power to freeze 'em!

[Marion jumps out of the Mega Star Borg's cockpit and faces Serpentia; Yoshino joins her]

Marion: Time to sing the blues, Serpentia! Mega Armor, activate!

[She assumes Mega Mode]

[Aqua Blossom is heard in the background]

Marion: Yoshino, you're up first!

Yoshino: You got it!

[She fires a cold blast from her axe at Serpentia, hitting her, then strikes her twice w/her axe]

Yoshino: Turnabout is fair play, isn't it?

Marion: Super Aqua Cannons, full power!

[Her Super Aqua Cannons fire massive blasts of water at Serpentia, soaking her; she starts to short-circuit]

Serpentia: This is nothing. Once you destroy me, I'll reassemble again.

Marion: Not if I destroy your chip first!

[She flies toward Serpentia and impales her through the chest with her Hydro Halberd; sparks fly from the treacherous Demonoid as she struggles to free herself; Marion pulls back, revealing Serpentia's severed chip impaled on it]

Serpentia: [groans] No! My chip!

Marion: Arrivederci, Serpentia! Say hi to the other four for me! [jumps up and raises her halberd] Hydro Halberd, Ocean Strike!

[Her halberd becomes surrounded by aquatic energy; Marion bisects Serpentia with it; Serpentia screams, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; after the smoke clears up, Serpentia is gone, for good]

Marion and Yoshino: Termination complete!

[They hi-five]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott and LN have seen it all]

Westcott: Half of the Treacherous Ten, gone.

[The remaining Treacherous Five enter the bridge]

Tomahawk: This wouldn't have happened if Serpentia hadn't been so gullible! She led us in the wrong direction!

LN: And you followed along with her.

Tomahawk: How the hell were we supposed to tell if we had the real Aqua Blossom?!

Myaza: We never saw them out of uniform before, and their faces alone aren't enough!

Westcott and LN: Silence!

Westcott: Now, listen closely to our next plan, because I know why your team keeps losing members.

[Back at the warehouse, the Gladiators (back to normal) discuss a plan]

Layla: Only five Treacherous Ten Demonoids left. The Mega Star Borg's circuits were overloaded in the fight against Serpentia. I wanna make sure the other mecha are ready if we want to form the Giga Borg. Who knows what it'll take to stop the last five?

Sora: We should talk to Alvin about combining all of our mecha.

Pamela: Yeah. The Ivory Star Borg and the Giga Borg individually might not be enough.

Brittany: We also gotta get the Spirit Soldiers ready.

Rosetta: Yeah, I mean, who knows what would've happened without them?

Marion: And now that there are only five Treacherous Ten Demonoids left, the others will only get stronger.

[Unknown to them, Kurumi has overheard everything from her group's room and is disappointed]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Sora: Uh, Layla, why weren't Mia, Anna, or Zuzu in this episode?

Layla: Zuzu was having lunch with Yuya in the Bronx, and Mia and Anna were helping the 3-1 out with a murder case. But they'll be back next episode.

May: Hey, what's Kurumi upset about?

Kurumi: Next time: Underappreciated.

Brittany: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (4/17/2022 6:46 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera