ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2021 8:11 pm  #1

ACME Summer Movie - Season 2 Premiere

Rated TV-G (CC, Dolby)

[Apartment of Jonathan Mann, New York City, 2:57pm]

[In the kitchen, Jon and Freddie watch the time from their Apple Watches. Jon and Freddie sing Waiting For The Clock To Strike Three from Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation (with slightly different lyrics)]

Jon and Freddie: We're waiting for the clock to strike three.
When it's 3:00 we'll be free.
Jon: Then it's time for our big vacation.
Jon and Freddie: Summertime's coming finally!

Jon: In the summer, we will get a golden tan.
Freddie: We will stare at girls in bikinis on the sand.

Jon: During the summer, we'll see the sights.
Freddie: Go to baseball games and ride the rides.
Jon: Swim in the water and act like fools.

Freddie: Summer is the
time to hang with your best pals. [takes a selfie with Jon]
Jon: My one wish is
"that the summer never ends." (Freddie: Really?)

Both: We have all been waiting patiently
Waiting for the clock to set us free.
We beg for summer on bended knee!
Come on, stupid clock! Please, strike three!
Strike one, strike two...
Strike three!

[Vacation from Pokémon: The First Movie by Vitamin C starts playing as the clock strikes three. Gogo emerges from the cuckoo-clock]

Gogo: You'rrrrrrrre OUT! CUKOO! CUCKOO! CUKOO! CUKOO!

Jon and Freddie: LET'S GO!

[Jon and Freddie go into Jon's truck and drives to their campground. The song keeps playing as the truck drives on the highway looking at the scenery]

[Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, 5:00pm] 

[Jon and Freddie set up their tent] 

Jon: Hellooooooooooooooo, everybody!

Freddie: We’re back!

Jon: Yes, Freddie. After what happened last year due to COVID, the ACME Summer Movie is back!

Freddie: After the president declared COVID a pandemic, everything came to a screeching halt. One year of no baseball games, swimming in pools, and leering at girls in bikinis.

Jon: Correct. And now, everything is starting to come back to normal. We are both vaccinated. All of our movies were quarantine in the vaults during this pandemic and we have dusted off the films we picked this year.

Freddie: Yes, Jon. Let’s begin our ACME Summer Movie season with the ever-popular summer flick. 

Freddie: A vacation with the Tiny Toons!

Jon: Yes. Like we did two years ago, we will air the film in four parts. You will see Part 1 today, Part 2 will air on the 4th of July, Part 3 in Early August and Part 4 at the end of August.

Freddie: And then on Labor Day Weekend, we will air all four parts combined.

Jon: We always like to do that. And then, we will be presenting to you a full-length flick we’ve chosen. You’ll find out what it is later. Without further ado, sound the bells, it’s time for Part 1 of Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation.

Freddie: Turn on the lights in your room, and don't sit too close to the screen.

6/06/2021 7:51 pm  #2

Re: ACME Summer Movie - Season 2 Premiere

[Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, 7:25pm] 

[Jon and Freddie already in the tent]

Freddie: [laughs] I never want to hold my breath for that long.

Jon: That’s what we sometimes do on car trips. Going through long tunnels. We’ll go back to Tiny Toons next month. [shows Freddie things on the table] Right now, Freddie. Look at this toaster, a vacuum cleaner, a lamp, electric blanket and a radio. What do these things have in common?

Freddie: Appliances.

Jon: Yes. Tonight’s second film is about five electrical appliances living in a country cottage who feel dumped when a young boy mysteriously disappears.

Jon: A Brave Little Toaster rounds up these other appliances and they set up in the city of their beloved owner. Can you imagine a toaster on a journey of his own?

Freddie: I can.

Jon: Featuring the voices of Jon Lovitz and Phil  Hartman of Saturday Night Live fame. It’s The Brave Little Toaster.
Freddie:  A Brave Little Toaster?

Jon: Yes. It’s coming up right now. Same rules apply. Lights on in the room, and don't sit too close to the screen.

Board footera