ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2022 8:32 pm  #1

Side-Fic 347: The Egg Hunt

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Tohka: Hey, everyone! The show's starting soon! Just make sure your room's lights are on, and don't sit too close to your screen.

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Neo-Deus Ex Machina Industries HQ, Atlantic Ocean, Sunday, October 20th, 11:33am]

[ZIEG stands before Argon's heart, which gives her a demonic red egg; LN, JB, and Nervadrone approach him]

JB: That cheap egg is gonna bring us the Spirit Soldiers?

LN: Just like Argon. A failure even after his doom.

ZIEG: Silence! This egg will soon hatch into a new demon, and we'll turn it into a Demonoid so it can destroy whatever it sees. That'll get the Spirit Soldiers to surrender. [hands his samurai-like Demonoid the egg] Samuroid, take this egg to a body of water. Only there can it be hatched.

Samuroid: I swear, I won't let you down, Sir ZIEG.

ZIEG: That's Master ZIEG to you. I'm not just your creator. I'm also the first Demonoid. Remember that!

Samuroid: Anything you say, sire.

ZIEG: That's better. And you had best not fail this mission, or it's your ass.

[Central Park, 11:45am]

[Tohka rollerblades toward a truck near a fruit stand]

Tohka: [to the owner] Hi, Travis.

Travis: Hey, Tohka. [tosses a tangerine to her] Here, have a tangerine on me. I'll be right with ya.

[He continues unloading his truck; as Tohka eats her tangerine, one man (played by Owen Teague) quietly sneaks fruit into his duffel bag; Tohka turns around to notice him]

Tohka: Hey, you!

[The thief stops what he's doing, grunts in frustration, and takes off on his skateboard; Travis notices]

Travis: It's Arnie, trying to steal my fruit again!

Tohka: I'll get him! [runs after him] Stop, thief!

[She skates after Arnie through the park]

Tohka: Come back here! You have to pay for that fruit!

[Arnie knocks trash cans in Tohka's path, but Tohka dodges every last one]

Tohka: Stealing and littering?! You're in for it now, Arnie!

[She chases Arnie all the way to Loeb Boathouse; Arnie grabs a large rope hooked to a wall and hooks it to his skateboard; using the board as leverage, he yanks on the rope; Tohka skates toward the rope, but Arnie pushes her back with it; Tohka slips and falls to the ground; Arnie laughs, grabs his skateboard, and makes his way toward the rowboats; Tohka gets back on her feet and continues her pursuit]

Arnie: Stubborn gorilla. Guess I have no choice.

[He dumps the stolen fruit out of his bag to the ground; Tohka tries to avoid the fruit, but there are too many, and she slips and falls again; Arnie laughs and skates back the way he came]

Arnie: So long, sucker!

[Tohka gets back on her feet again and skates after him; but this time, Arnie is nowhere to be seen]

Tohka: Come on, Arnie! I know you're around here! Don't think I won't catch you!

[She ventures further; unknown to her, Arnie pops out of his hiding place in a grove of trees and notices Tohka skating away]

Arnie: Better luck next time.

[Suddenly, he notices Samuroid and an army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units approaching a nearby lake with the egg in a cage]

Samuroid: Don't you dare mess with that egg, or Westcott and ZIEG will blow your chips out.

Arnie: Demonoids.

Samuroid: Set the egg gently into the lake. Gently! I can't stress enough its worth.

[The Bandersnatch gently lower the egg into the lake]

Arnie: What's the deal with that egg?

[He is about to take a closer look, when he suddenly trips on his skateboard and hits the ground hard]

Arnie: Damn it.

Samuroid: [looks around] Hmm? Who's there?

[He turns to notice Arnie getting back up]

Samuroid: A spy!

Arnie: Hey, fellas. Sorry to trouble you.

[He rushes toward the opposite direction, but the Bandersnatch block his path and grab him]

Arnie: Help! Somebody please help me!

[Not to far away, Tohka hears Arnie's cry for help]

Tohka: Arnie.

[She skates back]

Tohka: [looks around] Coast should be clear. Okay. [gets suited up] Sephira, GO! Sephira Cycle!

[Her Sephira Cycle appears; she hops on and drives to the rescue]

[All the while, the Demonoids lift Arnie and are about to throw him into the lake]

Samuroid: Tell me who sent you!

Arnie: No one! I was just there!

[Suddenly, Spirit Soldier Violet charges into the scene on her Sephira Cycle]

Tohka: Let him go! FIRE!

[Her cycle fires blasts at each Demonoid, hitting them; they drop Arnie to the ground]

Arnie: [gets back up] Spirit Soldier Violet!

Samuroid: Beat it, Spirit Soldier! This doesn't concern you!

Tohka: [gets off her cycle and whips out her saber] Spirit Saber!

[She fights the Bandersnatch with her sword, shattering most of them to pieces right and left]

Arnie: Whoa.

[Infuriated, Samuroid whips out his own sword and fights Tohka]

Samuroid: Those rotten rust buckets! Luckily, they're wimps, compared to me, Samuroid! [looks up] Oh, fiddlesticks! More Spirit Soldiers

[Spirit Soldiers Gold, White, Blue, Red, and Fuchsia leap into the scene and fight off the rest of the Bandersnatch with their weapons; meanwhile, in the confusion, Arnie sneaks out]

Samuroid: You Spirit Soldiers are really starting to irk me.

[He strikes each Spirit Soldier with his sword]

Samuroid: You won't be much of a problem for me once the egg hatches.

[Suddenly, the last six remaining Bandersnatch approach him and communicate in sign language]

Samuroid: What?! The egg is gone?!

[He and the others approach the lake where the egg was hidden; the empty cage is seen floating on the surface]

Samuroid: You bolt-brained buffoons! One of you should've had the common sense to stay behind and guard it!

[The Spirit Soldiers watch]

Tohka: What?

Samuroid: We'll have to track it from the base. Come!

[He and the Bandersnatch vanish]

Shido: That's funny. Who'd wanna swipe an egg?

Kotori: You got me, bro.

[Tohka notices a fallen apple on the ground]

Tohka: Hmm.

Miku: Tohka, this is a fine time for a snack.

Yoshino: We haven't even had lunch yet.

Origami: Unless that apple is a clue.

Tohka: And a calling card.

[Elsewhere in the park, Arnie takes a seat in a secluded area and inspects the egg]

Arnie: Damn, this egg's quite a find. Whatever's in here must be worth a bundle.

[He kisses the egg and stuffs it in his bag]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG is furious at Samuroid]

ZIEG: How dare you let that thief steal that egg!

Samuroid: It wasn't my fault, ZIEG! The Spirit Soldiers distracted me! Besides, those Bandersnatch didn't bother to guard the egg!

ZIEG: SILENCE! We need to get the egg back, or it will never hatch!

LN: [enters with a flamingo-like Demonoid] If anything is capable of finding an egg, it's a bird. Luckily, Gorma had ways of building Demonoids. This is her latest creation: Ruberoid: Half flamingo, half robot.

ZIEG: You think that lousy cuckoo bird can get the egg back, LN?

Ruberoid: Cuckoo?! [points her sharp-feathered wings at ZIEG] I'll show you cuckoo!

LN: [holds her steady] Easy, Ruberoid. Save your energy for the egg hunt.

Ruberoid: Yes, Lady LN.

[Fairway Market, 12:10pm]

[Behind the market, Bandersnatch units approach Ruberoid and Samuroid with shopping carts full of egg cartons]

Samuroid: Well, it's about time. Move it! We need that egg!

Ruberoid: Let me have a look.

[She looks into one of the carts and opens a carton full of a dozen eggs]

Ruberoid: [growls] Imbecilic ingrates! These are just chicken eggs!

[She tosses the eggs around, cracking many of them]

Ruberoid: We're here for the Argon egg! Not omelets!

Samuroid: Never send rust buckets to do the job of a mechanical wonder or two.

[The six Spirit Soldiers approach]

Shido: What's so great about that egg, anyway?

Ruberoid: Oh, you'll never get it out of us!

Tohka: Well, what do we care about some stupid egg? We're all wasting our time. [to her teammates] C'mon, guys.

Samuroid: Whatever.

Yoshino: Uh,... Yeah!

Miku: That egg will most likely hatch into a fowl!

Origami: If it even hatches at all!

[The Spirit Soldiers are on their way out]

Ruberoid: A fowl?! Why, when that demon hatches out of that Argon egg, we'll make it into an unstoppable Demonoid and make you bend to our will!

Samuroid: [face-palms] Now who's the rust bucket?!

Tohka: [stops and turns around] Oh! So that's what's in the egg!

Samuroid: Ruberoid, you moron! Now they're sure to find it!

Ruberoid: Chill. We might find it first.

[Suddenly, pieces of paper rain down on the area; Tohka and Ruberoid each grab one and read]

Tohka: "I've got your precious egg. If you want it back,..."

Ruberoid: "...bring $50,000, cash only, to Chelsea Piers at 1:00, or else,..."

[The end of the note has an image of a cracked egg; Ruberoid crushes her copy of the note]

Samuroid: Let's move!

[The Demonoids vanish; Miku takes a look at another copy of the note]

Miku: $50,000? Why would some thief wanna hold an egg for such a ransom?

[Tohka looks up and sees Arnie walking on the roof with copies of the note on hand]

Tohka: There he is!

[Arnie runs off and climbs down as fast as he can; the Spirit Soldiers chase him in their Sephira Cycles as he skateboards his way to a Dunkin Donuts on East 34th Street, with Tohka right behind him]

Tohka: Arnie, stop!

Arnie: Hey, I'm just hungry. I need some donuts.

[He is about to get inside, when suddenly, Spirit Soldiers Gray, Black, Yellow, Green, and the Orange twins pop out]

Natsumi: It's a good thing we stopped here for donuts.

Mukuro: Oh, so you're this thief we've heard tell of from our friend in violet?

Arnie: There's more of you?

[The remaining Spirit Soldiers catch up; all 12 surround him]

Shido: Give it up, Arnie. There's no escape.

Tohka: Give us the egg now.

Arnie: [sighs] Okay, okay. [extracts a tin from his bag] It's in here. [hands it to Tohka] Too bad about the dough.

[As Tohka struggles to pry the lid off, Arnie slowly starts to creep around her; when Tohka finally pulls the lid off, out spring fake snakes, shocking Tohka; Arnie darts out as fast as he can]

Arnie: Yeah, just stay outta my face, chumps!

[As soon as he is out of sight, the Spirit Soldiers retro form; Tohka growls and slams the tin to the ground]

Tohka: That damn thief!

Shido: Easy, Tohka. Easy.

Origami: Our only chance is to go by the ransom note.

Kotori: I'll contact Elliot. He'll come up with the money.

[Chelsea Piers, 12:57pm]

[Shido, wearing a business suit and fedora, looks at the time on his smartphone, puts on a pair of fake eyeglasses, grabs a briefcase, and tries to blend in with other passersby; he clears his throat a bit as he passes Origami, who is sitting on a bench dressed as if she were a punk rocker; Nia, Kurumi, Yoshino, Natsumi, and Mukuro are disguised as fisherwomen while fishing over the pier; the Yamai twins are on another bench reading newspapers (and hidden from view) next to Kotori, who is disguised as a hot dog vendor while wearing sunglasses; Shido passes by a pair of elderly women]

Shido: [gently pushes his glasses up and nods] G'day.

[He passes by Tohka, disguised as an elderly woman with a cane; Miku is wearing a brown wig and glasses while wearing nurse scrubs; Miku laughs quietly at Tohka's face with fake wrinkles]

Miku: Nice wrinkles, Tohka.

Tohka: Pay attention, Miku.

Miku: [stands tall] Uh, right. Sorry.

[Their Spirit Braces beep]

Shido: Heads up, ladies. It's almost 1:00.

[A group of men in black business suits and a woman in a white business suit approach the pier just as the clocks strike 1:00]

Businesswoman: 1:00. Where is that egg?

[A drone flies into the scene carrying a net with the egg in it]

Businesswoman: There it is.

[The drone flies toward them]

Businesswoman: Come to mama.

[She tries to jump for the egg, but the drone flies upwards so she can't reach]

Arnie: [through the drone's PA] Where's the money?

Businesswoman: [snaps her fingers] Briefcase!

[One of the businessmen hands her a briefcase; she opens it, revealing $50,000 in cash]

Businesswoman: All cash, as promised.

Arnie: Put it in the trash can.

[The businesswoman closes the briefcase and tosses it in a nearby empty trash can (and puts the lid back on), which, unknown to anyone, is tied to a rope, which is tied to a jet ski; on the jet ski is Arnie]

Arnie: [to his phone] Thanks, folks. It's been a slice.

[He starts up the jet ski and takes off, tugging the trash can and briefcase along with it; the businesswoman and men run after it; Shido's group notices; Arnie pushes a button on his phone; the drone releases the net, causing the egg to fall on the businesswoman's head]

Businesswoman: Ow.

[The egg bounces on the ground; the businesswoman transforms back into Ruberoid; the businessmen transform back into Samuroid and an army of Bandersnatch units; Ruberoid grabs the egg and inspects it for cracks]

Ruberoid: Sh*t! It's just a ball! [spikes the ball] He tricked us!

Samuroid: GET HIM!!

[The Bandersnatch chase after Arnie, but can't swim]

Ruberoid: Obviously, they weren't programmed to swim. I'll get him myself.

[Suddenly, Shido whips out a lariat from his briefcase and ties the two Demonoids up with it]

Samuroid: Who are those guys?!

Shido: Tohka, go after him!

Tohka: [runs off] Right!

Ruberoid: You fools dare to ruffle my feathers?!

[The gang removes their disguises]

Miku: About time. That wig was itchy!

Nia: No time to chat, guys.

All 11: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up and fight the Demonoids]

[Meanwhile, Tohka ditches her disguise completely and continues her pursuit of Arnie]

Tohka: I don't care where you are, Arnie. I'm gonna find you and the egg!

[Elsewhere, Arnie walks to shore and opens the briefcase]

Arnie: [laughs] All the food I can buy with this bread.

[Suddenly, the soaked and waterlogged Bandersnatch units catch him and grab the briefcase]

Arnie: Hey! Stop that! Let me go!

[One unit is about to strike him with its claws, when a violet blast strikes it in the head, knocking it to the ground; Spirit Soldier Violet, Spirit Pistol on hand, jumps into the scene and kicks every unit in the emblem, destroying them]

Arnie: You again?

Tohka: You all right?

Arnie: Yeah. Hey, I hope you don't think you're takin' this money. I earned it.

Tohka: Earned it? You stole it, just like you stole the egg. Not that the Demonoids deserve any of that, anyway. You're just a common thief. You should be ashamed. That egg is dangerous once it hatches. And yet, all you give a sh*t about is yourself. [sighs] Forget it. I gotta get back to my team.

[She sets off; Arnie looks on with doubt, then looks at the egg in his duffel bag]

[Back at the pier, the fight between the Spirit Soldiers and the Demonoid duo continues]

Ruberoid: You're really starting to make me molt!

[She strikes Tohka with her sharp feathers]

Yoshino: I'd cool down if I were you!

[She fires a cold blast from her Spirit Axe at Ruberoid, pushing her back]

Kaguya and Yuzuru: Our turn!

[They fire arrows from their Spirit Crossbows at Ruberoid, but Samuroid intercepts]

Samuroid: Back off!

[He strikes the twins with his sword]

Samuroid: [swings his glowing sword in a crescent moon formation] Crescent Moon Strike!

[He strikes all 12 Spirit Soldiers with his sword]

Samuroid: [laughs] It's the end of the line for you! Now, where is that thief?!

Arnie: [charges into the scene] Hey, dirtbags! You called?!

Tohka: Arnie?!

Arnie: Lookin' for this?!

[He holds up the egg]

Arnie: And this time, it's the real thing!

Samuroid: Give it to us now!

Arnie: Sure.

[He chucks the egg into the air; Ruberoid and Samuroid jump up to try and catch it]

Arnie: Hit 'em!

[The Spirit Soldiers whip out their pistols]

Spirit Soldiers: FIRE!

[They fire their pistols in unison at the Demonoids, blasting them both to the ground before they can reach the egg; the egg hits the ground with a crack, leaving nothing but red slime]

Samuroid: NO!

Ruberoid: Our egg! You'll pay for that, thief!

[They charge at Arnie]

Tohka: Reiryoku Armor, energize!

[She gets equipped with the Reiryoku Armor and Cannon]

Samuroid: You destroyed our egg and must pay for it with your life!

[He is about to strike Arnie with his sword, when Tohka strikes him with her saber, knocking him to the ground; Ruberoid charges at her with her wings]

Tohka: [points the cannon at Ruberoid] Reiryoku Cannon, FIRE!

[The cannon fires a massive burst of spiritual energy at Ruberoid, hitting her hard; Ruberoid screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; both of her chips fly out of the explosion; Tohka jumps up and slices the chips with her sword]

Tohka: So much for that birdbrained bitch. Now for that Musashi mockery!

[Samuroid gets back on his feet]

Samuroid: I knew that cuckoo bird would fail in the end. But I won't!

[He is about to strike Arnie, but Arnie kicks the sword out of his hands, sending it flying into the sky]

Samuroid: I got it! I got it!

[He is about to reach for the sword, but Arnie trips him up with his skateboard, causing him to hit the ground on his back; the sword lands on Samuroid's chest, impaling him]

Arnie: That's the last time you cross up the Spirit Soldiers.

Samuroid: Damn thief!

[He blows up to smithereens; one of his chips is impaled on his sword; both the chip and the sword vanish into dust]

Tohka: Arnie, that was awesome! Thanks a million.

Arnie: You taught me a great deal. I should be thanking you. Hey, listen, I gotta get going. I gotta turn that money over to the cops. [sets off] See ya!

Tohka: Take care.

[As soon as Arnie is out of sight, the Giga Beam hits the remains of Samuroid, restoring and enlarging him]

Samuroid: I'll kill that thief as soon as I'm through with you!

Shido: Oh, no, you won't!

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Send in the Sephira Voyagers!

[The Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene; the Spirit Soldiers jump into the cockpits]

Spirit Soldiers: Interface sequence, initiate!

[The Sephira Voyagers combine to form the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Shido: Sephira Ultra Spear!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo charges at Samuroid with its spear]

Samuroid: [swings his glowing sword in a crescent moon formation] Crescent Moon Strike!

[Both giants strike each other with their weapons]

Samuroid: You're strong, but I only lost the last time because I fell to my own sword. I won't make that mistake again!

[He rapidly strikes the Sephira Ultra Robo with his sword]

[Cut to the cockpit]

Tohka: He's too fast! We need backup!

Origami: We can't send for Mana. She needs to conserve her powers.

Shido: Then I guess it's up to me. Hold tight!

[Outside, the Sephira Racer enters the scene; Shido jumps out of the Sephira Ultra Robo's cockpit and into his car; he turns the key; the Sephira Racer enlarges and converts to Battle Formation, facing Samuroid]

Samuroid: Another one?!

Tohka: Wow! The Sephira Racer! Good one, Shido!

Samuroid: I'll tear this one down, too!

[He charges at the Sephira Racer, who kicks him back]

Samuroid: Oh, tough guy, eh? Crescent--!

Shido: Racer Missile, fire!

[The Sephira Racer fires a missile from its chest at Samuroid, hitting him before he can launch an attack]

Tohka: Sephira Ultra Spear, Emission Strike!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo impales Samuroid with its empowered spear, causing particles to spread into his body and shatter his remaining chip; the Sephira Ultra Robo releases Samuroid]

Samuroid: [charges at the Sephira Ultra Robo with his sword with the last of his strength] Not done yet!

Shido: You just don't learn! Tornado Strike! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Sephira Racer spins around like a tornado and strikes Samuroid hard with its saber; Samuroid screams, falls to the ground, and engulfs in a massive explosion]

Tohka: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...

All 12: Spirit Soldiers!

[Unknown to anyone, back on the ground, a mysterious cloaked figure sucks the egg slime with a baster and pours it into a beaker, then leaves]

[Elsewhere in the city, at an underground hideout, the figure enters and reveals himself to be Noah Higgenbottom]

Noah: Uncle Harry, I've got the slime.

[Harry approaches]

Harry: Wonderful work, Noah. Another component for our revenge plan.

Noah: But we need more. This slime alone won't do us or our robots any good.

Harry: Don't worry, Noah. We'll find more. Lots more. [snickers]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, LN looks around the base for ZIEG]

LN: ZIEG! I know you're hiding! Come out now and face me like a man!

[ZIEG quietly sneaks out from under Westcott's desk and is about to head out the door, when Westcott himself blocks his path]

Westcott: Going somewhere?

ZIEG: Oh, Master Westcott! I've been looking all over for you!

Westcott: Looking for me? After your Argon egg plan flopped miserably?

LN: [walks up to them] And two more Demonoids were shut down? You should've helped.

ZIEG: But it wasn't my fault! A wimpy thief got in the way and ruined everything! He even robbed us of $50,000!

LN: [pins ZIEG to the ground] SILENCE! Thanks to your incompetence, we lost the Argon egg and two Demonoids, and you only have one left. No way are we wasting our resources on you. Unless you have the b*lls to take on the Spirit Soldiers yourself, if your last Demonoid fails you, there's an empty space in the brig.

ZIEG: I'll do better next time, milady. I swear.

LN: [growls] Back to your office now.

[ZIEG gets back on his feet and returns to his office, shaking his fists in fury]

ZIEG: I swear, my next Demonoid will be unstoppable. He'll succeed where the others failed.

[Central Park, 2:33pm]

[Shido's group (back to normal and joined by Mana, Mikie, Mildred, and Ryouko) take a walk]

Mana: A fruit thief, beating a Demonoid? Now I've heard everything.

Tohka: No, I'm serious. Arnie may have been a thief, but at least he was a brave and heroic one.

Kurumi: He must take after Robin Hood. He was a heroic thief, too.

[Tohka notices Arnie handing a large loaf of bread to a pair of homeless men]

Arnie: Listen, I know it's not much this time, and I'm really sorry, but it's the best I could do.

Homeless man A: You're always kind to us, Arnie.

Homeless man B: Thank you very much.

[Arnie shakes hands with each man]

Arnie: Anytime, guys. Anytime.

Tohka: Oh. No wonder.

[Arnie notices her and approaches her group]

Arnie: Hey, you're the girl who tried to catch me earlier today.

Tohka: I didn't know you were only stealing to feed those people.

Arnie: I'm done being a thief. I even gave the ransom money for the egg to the cops.

Tohka: But what about them?

Arnie: Oh, they'll be all right, miss. 'Cause I found another way to feed 'em.

[He turns to Travis' truck]

Travis: Yo, Arnie! How 'bout givin' me a hand with these apples?!

Arnie: Be right there, Travis! [to Tohka's group] I've turned over a new leaf. Travis is letting me work off what I stole so he won't press charges, and he's gonna make me his new apprentice. I've got a job now!

Tohka: Cool!

Arnie: I'd love to talk more, but I gotta get back. Check ya later.

[He runs up to Travis' truck and helps him unload the apples]

Tohka: Hey! Maybe someday you could teach me some of those skateboarding moves.

Arnie: [laughs] As if you'd keep up. [tosses an apple] Catch!

[Tohka catches the apple and laughs]

[FINAL NOTE:
The District Attorney's office agreed not to pursue charges against Arnold Stanton.
He currently works at Travis Lincoln's fruit stand.]

Shido: Next time: Transmitron.

Last edited by TVLubber (8/08/2023 6:14 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera