ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2022 1:42 pm  #1

Side-Fic 348: Transmitron

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Mana: Hey, everyone! Ready for the show? Just don't forget to turn your lights on, and don't sit too close to the monitor. 'Kay?

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Central Park, Sunday, October 27th, 8:53am]

[Shido, Tohka, Origami, Kotori, and Ryouko watch as Mana, Mikie, and Mildred are running the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff, despite the rain; they cheer them on]

Tohka: Yeah! That's the way to go!

Kotori: Keep at it! You're doing great!

[Mana waves to the group with a smile; Mikie and Mildred follow]

Ryouko: [whistles] You go, girls! Make your big sis proud!

Origami: I knew your sister was a good athlete, but I didn't think she was this good.

Shido: Kendo, martial arts, broom ball, etc. She's the best athlete in the family. She kinda takes after our real mother.

Tohka: [nods] Hmm. Speaking of your real mother, Shido, did you ever find anything new about your real parents?

Shido: [shakes his head] Mm-mmm. ZIEG knows what happened, but he's not talking.

Kotori: We'll dig deeper into this mystery after this is over.

Shido: Yeah. But until then, we can't kill ZIEG.

[Neo-DEM HQ, 8:59am]

[The Demonoid generals watch the marathon through the Neo-DEM drones; JB laughs at the sight of Mana running]

JB: The traitor, an athlete? That's a laugh! Well, while the Spirit Soldiers watch that ridiculous marathon, I'll launch an attack on the city.

ZIEG: I'll make sure they're kept busy. And I have the very Demonoid to do it.

[The Demonoid Transmitron enters]

Transmitron: Transmitron here, on the air!

ZIEG: Transmitron has the power of emitting mind-controlling waves. Once someone is exposed, they'll bow to our every command.

LN: If this actually succeeds, I'll consider giving you more Demonoids.

ZIEG: [laughs] I doubt I'll need anymore. Transmitron is my most powerful Demonoid. Not only is his strength unimaginable, but his mind-control spell is very powerful. I doubt anyone will ever have the power to stop him. Of course, if-- No, no, no. When he succeeds in our plan, Master Westcott should recommend me for second in command once he retires the organization to you, Lady LN.

LN: Oh, really? We'll just have to wait and see. Send him out immediately!

ZIEG: At once! Transmitron, to Central Park!

Transmitron: Anything you say, ZIEG! [vanishes]

[Central Park, 9:05am]

[The marathon continues; Transmitron appears]

Transmitron: The hottest hits are comin' at ya!

[He emits wavelengths from his staff at marathon spectators, hypnotizing them]

Transmitron: I'm in control of the airwaves, as well as your brainwaves! [laughs]

Citizens: [walk like zombies] All hail ZIEG. All hail ZIEG. All hail ZIEG.

Transmitron: Yes, folks. Movin' and groovin' to a chart-toppin' tune. Sing it out! You're all wonderful!

[On board the Fraxinus EX, the alarm blares; the crew observes the situation at Central Park]

MARIA: This is terrible!

Elliot: Karen, contact Shido and let him know of Westcott's scheme.

[Back at the park, Mana stops for a moment; Shido hands her a bottled water and a towel; Mana takes a sip and wipes her forehead; unknown to anyone, Shido's Spirit Brace beeps]

Shido: Enjoying the fun, kiddo?

Mana: Mm-hmm. Thanks, Big Brother.

[Mikie and Mildred run past]

Mikie: Come on, Mana!

Mildred: Don't wanna fall too far behind!

Mana: Well, back to the race. Catch ya later!

[She gets back in the race]

Shido: Give it your best, girls!

[Back at the ship, Karen still can't get through to Shido]

Karen: Shido, why don't you answer? The Demonoids are on the verge of domination while we sit around the ship twiddling our thumbs!

MARIA: Calm down, Karen. I'll get in touch with the others at the diner.

[At the Manhattan Diner, Nia, Yoshino, Mukuro, Natsumi, Kaguya, Yuzuru, and Miku are paying a waiter for their breakfast as Kurumi is given a tip]

Kurumi: Thank you. Have a good day.

[Her Spirit Brace beeps; she rushes to a deserted area]

Kurumi: [responds] I read you.

MARIA: Westcott's latest Demonoid is controlling people's minds in Central Park. You and the others must stop him fast.

Kurumi: Roger that. I'll get the others. [turns to the kitchen] Hunter, I gotta go. It's an emergency.

Hunter: No prob. I'll let the manager know.

[Kurumi punches out and approaches the others]

Miku: How's business, Kurumi?

Kurumi: [quietly] Guys, trouble. We gotta go.

Natsumi: Not a moment too soon.

[All eight head outside]

Kurumi: There's a Demonoid in Central Park hypnotizing people.

Mukuro: Mana's running a marathon there!

Kaguya: Let's go to work.

Yuzuru: Command. Suit up!

All eight: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up and teleport to Central Park, where more people have become hypnotized and still chanting "All hail ZIEG"]

Kurumi: Look at these people!

Yoshino: They're acting like zombies!

Nia: [notices Transmitron] Look! There's the Demonoid!

Transmitron: Well, if it isn't the Spirit Soldiers!

Kurumi: After him, ladies!

[The Spirit Soldiers charge at Transmitron]

Transmitron: [emits his hypnotic waves at them] Don't think so!

[The wave hits the Spirit Soldiers, hypnotizing them and forcing them to chant along with the hypnotized civilians]

Transmitron: Cool! The Spirit Soldiers are rockin' to the beat of the century! Keep the beat pounding, guys and gals!

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG laughs]

ZIEG: This is working out better than I planned! He's got more than half the Spirit Soldiers under his control!

LN: Except for one thing.

ZIEG: I know. We must deal with the other four.

LN: [sighs] Very well. Dispatch the Bandersnatch!

[Back at the park, Shido, Tohka, Origami, Kotori, and Ryouko sit on a bench waiting for the runners, when suddenly, an army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units appears]

Kotori: Just terrific.

Shido: Spread out, ladies!

[They all spread out and fight the Bandersnatch; Mana, Mikie, and Mildred, in the middle of their race, approach the scene and notice the fight]

Mana: Big Brother! [charges into the fight]

Mikie: [also charges in] Wait for us!

Mildred: [also charges in] We wanna help, too!

[The trio joins the gang in the fight against the Bandersnatch over the next few minutes; after a long fight, all eight of them strike the Bandersnatch in the emblems, destroying them]

Ryouko: That's the last of them.

Mana: Big Brother, are you all right?

Shido: Yeah. Thanks. All three of you. I'm just upset this probably hurt your performance in the marathon.

Mikie: We didn't enter the marathon to win.

Mildred: We entered to race and stay in shape.

Mana: Besides, there wasn't any other decision to make. Friends and family come first.

Kotori: Good girls.

[Her Spirit Brace beeps]

Kotori: I read you, Elliot.

Elliot: Report to the Fraxinus immediately for a briefing.

Kotori: Right. We're on our way.

Mana: You guys go ahead. We've got a marathon to finish.

[She, Mikie, and Mildred get back in the race as the other five teleport to the Fraxinus]

Shido: What's up, guys?

Kannazuki: Observe the surveillance footage.

[Footage is shown of Transmitron casting his spell over the park]

Tohka: Who's that Demonoid?

Kannazuki: That's Transmitron. His special power lies in his staff, which enables him to emit hypnotic waves to take control of others' minds. So far, no one's been able to stop him.

Origami: But what about the other Spirit Soldiers?

Karen: They tried, but they, too, were hypnotized.

Elliot: If we're to save them, we need to destroy Transmitron, or at least reverse his spell first.

Kotori: Oh, my God. This is terrible.

Ryouko: Wait. Origami, do you think you can come up with a gadget to reverse the waves?

Origami: I'll try.

MARIA: But we have to hurry, for the longer we wait, the harder it becomes to break the spell.

Shido: What about the Spider Riders?

Kotori: The Cosmo Cats?

Tohka: The Kaleido Gladiators?

Origami: The Crystal Exceeds?

Elliot: I'll notify them right away.

[Back at Central Park, the Spider Riders, the Kaleido Gladiators, the Cosmo Cats, and the Crystal Exceeds observe the hypnotized people]

Layla: It's like a zombie apocalypse.

Eris: Where's that Demonoid Mr. Woodman told us about?

Hunter: [points at Transmitron] Over there!

[Transmitron is casting his spell on other civilians]

Tor: Let's give him all we've got!

Everyone else: Right!

[They all charge at Transmitron and fight him]

Transmitron: So, more superhero teams have come to enjoy the show, eh? Get a load of me, Transmitron, beamin' in to fill your heads with my awesome ZIEG waves!

[He emits a hypnotic wave at the gang, hypnotizing them and forcing them to chant "All hail ZIEG"]

Transmitron: WHOOPEE! How lucky can you get?! Even the Battle Spiders can't resist my tune!

[Back at the Fraxinus, Origami has just finished constructing a device just as Shido observes the fight from the monitor with anxiety]

Shido: Any luck yet, Origami? The other teams just became Transmitron's latest victims.

Origami: Just finished, Shido. But we have to be careful to stay out of Transmitron's waves so as not to end up like the others.

Tohka: Let's do it, guys!

Shido, Tohka, Origami, and Kotori: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up; Ryouko gets suited up into her Combat Wiring Suit; all five teleport into the park; Origami has the device on hand]

Transmitron: Ah! The four remaining Spirit Soldiers!

Origami: My new device is gonna shut you down!

Transmitron: [emits another wave from his staff] Or so you say!

[The five dodge; Origami suddenly drops her device in the process; Shido leaps the farthest away]

Shido: That was too close.

Transmitron: So someone finally dodged my wave. Big whoop. I'll just try again. But first, slaves, surround them!

[The hypnotized victims begin to surround Ryouko and the three Spirit Soldiers]

Transmitron: This morning's traffic report: It's wall-to-wall slaves with powerless Spirit Soldiers.

Ryouko: The device! Someone grab it!

[The hypnotized Spirit Soldiers restrain the four; several hypnotized civilians trample over the device]

Origami: No! Stop!

Kotori: Not the device!

Tohka: Shido, do something!

Shido: [whips out his Spirit Knuckles] I'm comin' after you, radio head!

Transmitron: [emits another wave from his staff] Now for today's weather: Bright and sunny for the Demonoids, but overcast and rainy for the Spirit Soldiers.

[The wave hits Ryouko, Tohka, Origami, and Kotori, hypnotizing them, as well]

[Back at the Fraxinus, the crew is anxious]

MARIA: This is a catastrophe! Shido's the only one left!

Karen: And with Origami's device damaged, this might be the first time Westcott has sent out a Demonoid no superhero team can defeat.

Elliot: It's all up to Shido now.

[Back at the park, Transmitron turns to Shido]

Transmitron: Spirit Soldier Gold, I own your teammates. And you're next.

Shido: Sorry, but I don't get your radio show anywhere.

Transmitron: I've got just the thing for you. [holds up a fake peach with a fuse] This fuzzy, juicy peach is delicious and nutritious when you eat it, but devastating to the pit when you light the fuse. [lights the fuse] You might call it a blast from the past!

[He tosses the peach bomb at Shido, who dodges it when it explodes]

Shido: Your jokes are older than Westcott.

Transmitron: [tosses a grenade in the shape of a dragonfly] Then how 'bout a dragonfly-shaped grenade?!

[Shido punches the bomb to the sky with his Spirit Knuckles; the bomb explodes in mid-air]

Transmitron: The explosive hits just keep on coming! [tosses one bomb after another at Shido] Take this! Take that! Take all of these!

[Shido narrowly dodges each explosion, except for one, from an explosive carrot; Shido takes the blast and hits the ground]

Transmitron: Okay, Goldie. I checked my playlist, and now to change your tune! [emits another wave at Shido] Take these lyrics!

[Shido gets hypnotized and gets back on his feet, walking like a zombie]

Shido: All hail ZIEG. All hail ZIEG.

Transmitron: Now that he's outta the way, it's time for a commercial break! [vanishes]

[Elsewhere in the park, civilians are still under the spell and chanting "All hail ZIEG"; Mana, Mikie, and Mildred are nearing the final stretch of the marathon, when they notice the commotion]

Mana: What's happened to all these people?

Mildred: They're acting like zombies, and Halloween's not for another four days.

Mikie: I bet a Demonoid did this!

[Mana notices the damaged device on the ground]

Mana: What's this doing here?

Mildred: Almost looks like...

[One hypnotized civilian notices them]

Civilian A: [zoned out] Look. Those women. They've got the device.

Civilian B: [also notices] They must work for the Spirit Soldiers, too.

Civilian C: Stop them, or ZIEG's plans will be ruined.

[They and the other victims trudge slowly toward the trio]

Mana: Yep. This is the work of the Demonoids. I'd suit up, but I gotta save my energy.

Mikie: And I won't be able to take this whole army on alone.

Mildred: Even if we could, we can't hurt these people. This must be the Demonoids' plan from the get-go.

[Suddenly, they get teleport out of the park (with the device) just as the victims are about to attack them]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG is furious]

ZIEG: NO!

[He turns to Transmitron]

ZIEG: How could you disregard the traitor and those other two?!

Transmitron: I needed to recharge my staff, ZIEG. I already used up a lot of juice on the Spirit Soldiers and their fellow superhero teams. Besides, those three are helpless against our army of slaves.

ZIEG: But they've got the device, and they escaped!

Transmitron: The slaves trampled it. It's as good as destroyed.

ZIEG: At any rate, until your staff is fully recharged, I can't send you out to hypnotize the rest of the city.

LN: You're both hopeless. That device might be repaired enough to break the spell over the Spirit Soldiers.

Transmitron: Well, if that happens, I'll just go back and destroy them. I've got plenty of weaponry.

ZIEG: But your staff won't be 100% by then. I'll back you up. Besides, you're my last remaining Demonoid.

Transmitron: Anything you say, sir. Now, what's our plan of attack?

[Back on board the Fraxinus, Mana, Mikie, and Mildred reappear with the device still in Mana's hands]

Mikie: How did we get on the Fraxinus?

MARIA: I teleported the three of you here for your own safety.

Elliot: The Spirit Soldiers, as well as ACME Crime Net's superhero teams, are under Transmitron's control, and when he returns, he'll take control of the whole city.

Mana: There's gotta be something we can do. [hands Karen the device] What's this device for, anyway, and what did the hypnotized victims want with it?

Karen: Origami built it to counteract Transmitron's frequency, but it was destroyed.

Mildred: [takes a closer look] Or so it seems. Only the casing is out of commission. But the wiring is easily fixable. May I?

[Karen hands her the device; Mildred starts repairing the wiring]

Mana: Attagirl, Mildred. If you fix that device, you'll not only save the Spirit Soldiers, but the whole world, too.

Elliot: Yes, but time's of the essence.

Mildred: I can't guarantee full strength, but it's sure to broadcast.

[After she is finished, she hooks the device to the control panel; the monitor opens a channel to the park, at an area where the Spirit Soldiers and ACME's superhero teams and Ryouko are still acting like zombies]

MARIA: Remember to aim it at the Spirit Soldiers, the Spider Riders, the Kaleido Gladiators, the Cosmo Cats, and the Crystal Exceeds. They're essential to our mission.

[Mana and Mikie aim the device at the gang]

Mikie: We're ready, Mily!

Mildred: Now!

[Mana and Mikie fire; outside, the Fraxinus fires a beam at the heroes]

[Cut back to the bridge]

Mana: The beam's not strong enough!

MARIA: I'll amplify it with my brain power.

[Using her brain power, she amplifies the beam]

Mana: We've almost got 'em!

[The beam snaps all superheroes out of their trances]

Shido: Huh? I'm back!

Ryouko: So am I.

Kurumi: [to the other superhero teams] And what are you all doing here?

Mildred: YES! WHOO!

[She, Mana, and Mikie hi-five]

Mana: We did it!

Shido: C'mon, guys. Let's get back to the Fraxinus.

[The gang teleports back to the Fraxinus]

Layla: Could someone explain how we all broke out of Transmitron's brainwash?

Elliot: You have Mana, Mikie, and Mildred to thank for that.

Mana: It was nothing, really.

Mikie: We only did what we had to.

Mildred: It was worth throwing away the race. [hands Origami the device] Plus, I got your device up and running again.

Origami: Thank you, Mily.

Alvin: You know, guys, when I was brainwashed, I kept chanting "all hail ZIEG".

Brittany: I'll bet ZIEG was the one who sent Transmitron to brainwash us!

Kotori: It has to be his doing. In fact, a lot of the Demonoids he sent were exceptionally dangerous.

Miku: First, he sent Dreamborg to fill my head with nightmares and fear.

Natsumi: Then he sent Gourdroid to endanger me and a group of kids.

Kurumi: Then he tried to destroy my self-esteem with the Mirror of Despair. He even sent Venusborg to try and swallow us all up after he himself kidnapped my daughter.

Tohka: And just last week, he sent Samuroid to try and hatch an Argon egg he wanted to make into a powerful Demonoid.

Shido: And now, his Transmitron is enslaving the city.

Tor: Well, no matter. I say we all go down there and show him never to mess with this planet.

Shido: I couldn't agree more, Tor. Mana, Mikie, Mildred, thanks for everything. We'll take it from here.

Mana: Good luck, Big Brother.

Ryouko: I'll stay behind in case you need me.

Origami: Anything you say, Ryouko.

All superhero teams: Back to action!

[They teleport back to Central Park, where ZIEG and Transmitron await]

Hunter: Let's get these two off the air!

Tomoe: Remember, Origami, once Transmitron's at his weak point, hit him with the device. That'll break his spell over these people.

Origami: Understood, Tomoe.

ZIEG: All of you?!

Transmitron: [scoffs] If I can't hypnotize you again, I'll just destroy you all! [whips out an explosive potato-shaped grenade] And my promotional supply of explosives should do the trick.

[He tosses it at the gang; Eris catches it]

Eris: How 'bout a game of hot potato, Transmitron?

[She bats the bomb back at Transmitron with her hammer]

Transmitron: Hey! You're not supposed to...!

[The bomb explodes in his face, knocking him back]

ZIEG: [fires blasts from his chest at the gang] I won't let you outwit me!

[Layla, Sora, Brittany, and Pamela shield everyone with their wings, reflecting the blasts right back at ZIEG]

ZIEG: Uh-oh!

[He grabs Transmitron and uses him as a shield to take the blasts]

Transmitron: ZIEG, why?!

ZIEG: I refuse to fall to my own attack. Don't think I won't do it again after you failed to maintain control of those fools.

Transmitron: So a little bad reception came my way. But I'm static-free now. [tosses lit dynamite] Check this!

[Corona grabs the dynamite]

Corona: This has your name on it!

[She tosses it back at Transmitron]

Transmitron: Hey! This was meant for you!

[He grabs ZIEG and uses him as a shield to take the explosion from the dynamite]

ZIEG: How dare you use your own master as a shield!

Transmitron: Now we're even! Now, stand aside! I'll take these clowns out for you! [charges at the gang] This is your swan song!

Exceeds: [combine their weapons] Crystal Spear!

Gladiators: [combine their weapons] Kaleido Enforcer!

Spider Riders: [load the Spider Cannon with the Oracle Keys] Spider Cannon!

Cosmo Cats: [activate their jewels] Seven-Star Finish!

Spirit Soldiers: [combine their weapons] Sephira Bazooka! Sephira Buster!

Origami: [points her device at Transmitron] Time to break your transmission for good!

Spirit Soldiers, Spider Riders, and Gladiators: FIRE!

[Their weapons fire upon ZIEG and Transmitron, hitting them both hard]

Exceeds: [swing the spear clockwise] Soul Strike!

[They strike both ZIEG and Transmitron hard with the spear]

Cosmo Cats: Ursa Major!

[They unleash Ursa Major from their jewels at the two Demonoids, hitting them both hard; Transmitron starts to weaken]

Manami: Now, Origami!

Origami: [fires the beam from her device at Transmitron] FIRE!

[The beam strikes Transmitron hard; his spell over everyone he brainwashed diminishes; the confused civilians look around in wonder; they return to what they were doing before the were brainwashed]

ZIEG: Hey! Don't you run away! You're supposed to be bowing before me! [growls] You're on your own from here on out, Transmitron! [vanishes]

Transmitron: Wait! Come back!

Shido: Sick coward. Nonetheless, you're still not off the hook. Reiryoku Armor, energize!

[He gets equipped with the Reiryoku Armor and Cannon]

Shido: [charges the cannon] You've done this city enough damage! Reiryoku Cannon, FIRE!

[He fires a massive blast from the cannon at Transmitron, who takes the blast hard; Transmitron screams, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; Transmitron's chips fly out of the smoking wreckage; Shido whips out his Sephira Spear, which glows]

Shido: [spins his spear around] Sephira Supernova Slash!

[He strikes both chips with his spear, vaporizing them]

Hunter: Objective complete!

Layla: Gladiators, victory is ours!

Eris: Cosmo Cats, mission complete! Meow!

Tor: And that's checkmate!

Shido: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Spirit Soldiers!

[Everyone cheers; Shido turns to Layla, Hunter, Eris, and Tor]

Shido: Excellent work, guys.

Tor: We did it together, Shido.

Layla: We all gotta stick together.

Eris: Nothing to it if we all do it.

Hunter: No Demonoid can stop us.

[All five leaders bump fists]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, Westcott locks ZIEG in the brig]

Westcott: Retreating for your very existence and leaving your last Demonoid to die at the hands of the Spirit Soldiers?

ZIEG: And four other teams, sir. We were no match for all five of them.

Westcott: Three days in here ought to teach you never to cross me up.

[He is about to leave]

Westcott: And one more thing, ZIEG.

ZIEG: Sir?

Westcott: Those slaves Transmitron hypnotized-- They should have been bowing to me, not to you. You may have created him, but I created you. Fail to comprehend, and you'll never get anywhere in my organization.

[He leaves; inside the brig, ZIEG clenches his fists]

ZIEG: I refuse to play second or third fiddle to anyone. I am the first Demonoid, after all.

[Back at Westcott's office, LN approaches her boss]

LN: Some first Demonoid he was.

Westcott: Despite that, he's still a general. But you're right. I won't allow him to take my place as head of Neo-Deus Ex Machina Industries, nor yours as my secretary and second in command.

LN: At any rate, ZIEG has no Demonoids left. After we release him, the next time he goes out into the field, it'll be his last chance.

Westcott: Meanwhile, I'm counting on you, JB, and Nervadrone. Now, leave me.

LN: Yes, sir.

[She exits the office and enters her own]

LN: When and if my turn comes, I'll take on the Spirit Soldiers myself. I don't care if I go down with them. Ellen Mira Mathers, you may be the source of my power, but I will not allow you to escape alive. You were supposed to be a destructive force. Instead, you've become the exact opposite.

Ellen: [inside LN] Shut up! I'm done being a criminal! I don't care if I have to use force. I will escape!

LN: Fat chance. She who was once strongest Wizard in the world belongs to the world's strongest Demonoid general.

Ellen: You miscreant!

[Central Park, 10:33am]

[The entire gang (back to normal) watches as Mana, Mikie, and Mildred cross the finish line; they cheer; the three girls approach the rest of the gang]

Aqune: You three were great today.

Mana: Thanks for being there for us at the finish line. All of you.

Sora: You guys were there for us. We owed you.

Alvin: It's too bad that by helping us, none of you finished first.

Mikie: Hey, Alvin, marathons are more about running than winning.

Mildred: And finishing the race was just as great, because the whole thing builds up an appetite.

Mana: I know. I'm starving. What's more, we're already winners. We helped you all out.

Shido: [puts his arm around his sister] You never cease to make me proud.

Mana: [hugs him] Oh, Big Brother.

Shido: Next time: Ellen.

Last edited by TVLubber (2/02/2022 6:42 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera