ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2018 8:54 am  #1

Side-Fic 290: Green Grief

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Lilith: Good day, everyone. As you watch today's show, make sure your room is brightly lit, and that you're not too close to the monitor. Let's go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[132 Madison Street, Friday, July 20th, 9:43am]

[Tor and his group bag their training gear]

Tor: A training exercise?

Tomoe: Every Friday morning after breakfast. Plus, Miss Tsukimi's adding to our arsenal afterwards.

Lilith: We have to be prepared.

Tsukimi: [over loudspeaker] Attention, Exceeds. To the holodeck of the Cosmo MagnaShip. On the double!

[The Exceeds head for the orbital elevator; cut to the MagnaShip; the gang enters the holodeck, where Tsukimi awaits]

Tor: Attention!

[All five Exceeds stand at attention]

Tor: Present arms!

[All five salute]

Tsukimi: Begin simulation.

[The simulation switches to a special training grounds with an obstacle course and two buildings (one of which is burning)]

Tsukimi: Kokonoe and Sigtuna will tackle the obstacle course, whilst Tachibana and Hotaka take on the burning building. Bristol, you've got target training in the second building. The obstacle course is first. Ready! [pushes a button on her stopwatch] GO!

[Tor and Julie rush to the obstacle course:
First, they jump over a large wall
Second, they crawl beneath a net lowered to the ground
Third, they run through tires
Finally, they cross the finish line and salute]

Tor and Julie: Complete!

[Tsukimi pushes the button on her stopwatch]

Tsukimi: Good job, cohabitators. One minute, 13 seconds.

[Later, Tomoe races out of the burning building with a baby dummy in her arms, then attaches her belt to a hook and zip-lines down the side of the building, landing on the ground safely; she hands the baby to Miyabi, who wraps the baby in a blanket and performs CPR on it; they then salute]

Tomoe and Miyabi: Complete!

Tsukimi: [checks her stopwatch] One minute, 33 seconds. Wonderful.

[Tomoe and Miyabi hi-five]

[Later, in the other building, Lilith, using a makeshift firearm, fires at multiple cardboard monsters; after the last one is knocked out, Lilith exist the building and salutes]

Lilith: Complete!

Tsukimi: [checks her stopwatch] 50 seconds!

Tor: Way to go, Lilith!

[Lilith runs up to her team]

Lilith: Never thought I'd finish that fast.

[Tsukimi later looks inside the building and inspects the targets Lilith shot, until she sees a canister; a bit later, she comes out of the building]

Tsukimi: Oh, Miss Bristol!

Lilith: [walks up to Tsukimi] Yes, ma'am?

Tsukimi: This poor bunny hates to be the bearer of bad news, but even though you have the fastest time, you got the lowest score.

Lilith: Lowest? How?

Tsukimi: You have to take time to use your noggin before you ever use a firearm.

Lilith: But, ma'am, I hit every target.

Tsukimi: But you didn't think the situation through, so that means nothing. Sometimes the logical decision is the wrong decision. End simulation!

[The simulation ends]

Tsukimi: Bring down your gear, everyone. Back to the warehouse. Gotta brief you guys on your new weapons.

[Lilith is dumbfounded; the other four Exceeds are speechless]

[Back at the warehouse, Tsukimi opens a box containing five new sidearms]

Tsukimi: I give you the Blaze Busters. They're your new sidearms.

Tor: Neat.

Tsukimi: They may not be as powerful as your own Blazes, but they sure pack quite a punch. Plus, they fire more than just lasers. They can also be used as fire extinguishers, and they each have a freeze mode. And you can attach your Blaze Phones to 'em to use the powers of a Power Ranger against your enemies. But for that to work, you need all five.

Julie: Gee, thanks.

Lilith: They're amazing, Miss Tsukimi.

Tsukimi: Oh, don't mention it, guys. Gotta help out with the Crystal Exceeds' arsenal now and then.

[On board the Nickar, Savage introduces Westcott and LN to a new Super CDG soldier (played by Eddie Cahill)]

Savage: I give you convicted arsonist Keith Gerald.

LN: [looks up Keith's rap sheet on her tablet] Convicted in 2000. Says he burnt down a restaurant and injured three people. I'll bet you took a plea bargain, didn't you, Mr. Gerald?

Keith: One count of arson in the third degree, two counts of assault in the second degree. I did 15 years in Attica.

Westcott: I want LN to lure the Crystal Exceeds to a building in the city with an earthquake. When they arrive, your job, Mr. Gerald, is to destroy them. And don't fail me like the others did.

Keith: It shall be done, sir.

[Later, back at the warehouse, the Exceeds drink water; Tor looks on at a disappointed Lilith]

Tor: Hey, Lilith, there's always next week.

Lilith: I just don't get it. I hit every target. Why did I get a low score? How did I not think the situation through?

Tor: Maybe we should check that video, just in case.

[Suddenly, the whole ground shakes violently]

Julie: Earthquake!

Tomoe: Doesn't feel like your normal earthquake!

Tor: Let's get outta the building quickly!

Tsukimi: [rushes out of the lab] WAIT!!

Lilith: Miss Tsukimi, what's the deal?!

Tsukimi: It's not an earthquake! The computers down at the lab traced the source to a building in Delancey Street. Get there quickly!

Tor: Roger that!

[He and the other four Exceeds rush out of the warehouse and get suited up; they jump onto their Blaze Cycles and drive off]

[Delancey Street, 10:32am]

[In the underground parking lot of a building, LN hammers a demonic spike to the ground with a sledgehammer; Keith looks on]

Keith: Keep at it, Lady LN. The Exceeds will be here at any moment.

Tor: Correction! We're already here!

[He and the other Exceeds burst into the lot on their Blaze Cycles]

LN: Well, well, well. Crystal Exceeds, we meet again. I am LN, Isaac Westcott's top Demonoid and secretary, for those who don't remember me. This is my associate, Keith Gerald.

Keith: You think you stand a chance this time? Try us.

LN: Cyber Demonitron, attack!

[An army of Cyber Demonitron appears and charges at the Exceeds]

Tor: [as he and his team get off their cycles] Ready, girls?!

All five Exceeds: Blaze on!

[Their Blaze weapons appear; they charge at the Cyber Demonitron and fight them rigorously over the next two minutes; the Exceeds then whip out their new Blaze Busters]

Tor: Blaze Busters, ready!

All five: FIRE!

[They fire laser beams from their Blaze Busters at the Cyber Demonitron, hitting them; some end up destroyed with their chips]

Lilith: I'll go after Keith!

[She charges at Keith and fires blasts from her Blaze rifle and her Blaze Buster at him; Keith narrowly dodges; he and Lilith fight while the other Exceeds fight LN and the Cyber Demonitron]

Lilith: [opens the Ranger app on her phone] Power Ranger Mode: Zeo! It's Morphin Time!

[She morphs into Zeo Ranger IV: Green]

Lilith: [fires blasts from her Zeo Laser Pistol] Hope you can dance!

[Keith narrowly dodges each blast and strikes Lilith w/his swords]

Keith: Did you really think the power of a Ranger could outsmart me?

Lilith: No. Because one isn't usually enough. [touches the MMPR button on the Ranger app] Mighty Morphin! It's Morphin Time!

[She morphs into MMPR Black and strikes Keith w/her Power Axe, then converts it to cannon mode and fires a blast at Keith, hitting him]

Lilith: [reverts to Exceed Emerald and points her rifle Blaze and Blaze Buster at Keith] Come clean, Keith! You're under arrest!

[She chases after Keith, who rushes up the stairs to an upper-level parking lot, where citizens are heading for their cars]

Keith: [whips out his swords] Outta my way!

[The citizens panic]

Keith: Quantum Cannon!

[He fires blasts from his cannon at the citizens, who narrowly dodge; suddenly, Lilith jumps into the scene and points her firearms at Keith]

Lilith: That's enough, Keith!

[Both fight w/their weapons; after about a minute, Keith fires a blast from his cannon at Lilith, who fires blasts from her firearms to reflect it right back, causing it to hit the ceiling, which causes debris to fall on a pile of barrels (labeled "highly flammable")]

Lilith: Drop your weapons nice and easy.

[Keith ignores her]

Lilith: Drop them!

[She backs Keith to the wall; Keith suddenly notices the barrels under the debris]

Lilith: Don't make me say it again, Keith!

Keith: Ever seen this before, Bristol?

[He crosses his swords together, creating a line of flames on the ground between them]

Keith: Isn't amazing how cool these new features are? The Demonoids sure have come a long way since Prescott left. Well, my work here is done. Ta-ta.

[He transports out]

Lilith: Dirty coward.

[Suddenly, the ceiling starts to crack; the citizens panic again]

Lilith: [to her Blaze Phone] Miss Tsukimi, the ceiling is about to collapse, and there's a lot of people in trouble. I have to get them out.

Tsukimi: First put out the fire with your Blaze Buster.

Lilith: Negative, ma'am. We don't have time. I have to get the people out before the whole building goes up in smoke!

Tsukimi: These are your mentor's orders! Do it!

Lilith: All right, then. [lowers her rifle and adjusts her Blaze Buster] Blaze Buster, extinguisher mode!

[She fires dry chemicals from her Blaze Buster at the flames, dousing them completely]

Lilith: That should do it.

[Suddenly, she notices the ceiling giving way and starts to crumble right above a mother and her young daughter]

Lilith: [extends her arm out] Out of the way! [rushes over to the scene]

[The debris starts to fall on the mother and daughter]

Lilith: [stops in her tracks] NO!!

[The daughter is knocked out cold by the debris; her mother rushes up to her]

Mother: Savannah! Savannah, say something!

Lilith: Oh, my God. What have I done?

[The other four Exceeds rush into the scene; Tor and Julie walk up to Lilith as Tomoe and Miyabi help the mother and daughter to safety]

Tor: When LN heard the crumbling, she flew the coop. We came as fast as we could. [looks on at the depressed Lilith] Lilith?

Julie: Are you okay?

[Lilith re-holsters her Blaze Buster and storms off]

Julie: Lilith, wait! Don't leave!

Tor: Come back!

[132 Madison Street, 10:50am]

[Lilith, back to normal, storms back into the warehouse and into the lab, where Tsukimi awaits]

Tsukimi: What's the matter?

Lilith: You told me to douse the fire! You were wrong!

Tsukimi: No, I wasn't.

Lilith: What happened after I doused the fire tells a different story! I should've gotten those people to safety first!

Tsukimi: You were in the right.

Lilith: I wasn't! Because I followed your order, that little girl got injured.

[She storms off]

[Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, 11:02am]

Lilith: [walks up to the desk clerk] I'm looking for a girl who was just admitted here. Her name is Savannah, or so I overheard.

Clerk: Savannah Powell. 513, fifth floor. You can't miss it.

Lilith: Thank you kindly.

[She heads for the elevator]

[Cut to room 513; Savannah is resting and in bandages; Lilith enters the room; she holds the girl's hand]

Lilith: [quietly] I'm so sorry, Savannah. This happened all because of me. I shouldn't have let this happen to you. If only I'd been better at marksmanship. I'd been practicing since I was your age. From building my own firearms to hunting, to Kouryou Academy, to where I am now. My father inspired me. One time, he'd rescued a little boy from a bad man. The man came so close to killing that boy, until Father shot that man dead. The boy and his parents praised him for his heroism. [sighs] But I'll never be that good. Father would have rescued you from the fire.

[She heads out of the room, only to find Tor waiting in the hall]

Tor: Tsukimi said you'd be here. I just talked with Savannah's mom. She's worried.

Lilith: Tor...

[Tor embraces her; Lilith starts to cry]

Lilith: Tor, I'm so sorry. I didn't want this to happen.

Tor: Hey, don't cry. None of this is your fault. Come on. Let's go home.

[Back at the warehouse, Tor hands Lilith a mug of apple tea]

Tor: I know Tsukimi can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, but she's only like that when she's in drill-sergeant mode. Besides, I'm sure there's a good reason she told you to put out the fire.

Lilith: [sips her tea] Wait. Tor, before we went to the building, you said we'd check out video footage of our training exercise, didn't you?

Tor: Yeah. Maybe that'll help.

[He whips out his Blaze Phone and shows video footage of Lilith's training exercise]

Lilith: And as you can see, I hit every target. That should've given me a higher score.

Tor: Except look at when you shot at your last target.

[He pauses at Lilith's last shot and zooms in on a set of makeshift canisters each labeled: "Flammable liquid; highly explosive"; Lilith is so shocked, she nearly drops her tea]

Lilith: [hands Tor the tea] I'll be right back.

[She rushes out]

[Back at the building, Lilith rides her Blaze Cycle to the parking lot where the fire took place; she walks up to a barrel of gasoline that was dug out from the debris]

Lilith: Gasoline! Tsukimi was right!

[She has a vision of what would have happened had she tried to get the citizens to safety first]

Lilith: If I hadn't put out that fire first, the whole building would've exploded, and everyone would've been killed!

[Back to the present]

Lilith: I yelled at Tsukimi over nothing.

[She sits on a nearby bench]

Lilith: I'm such an idiot.

[A familiar face approaches]

Trip: Sometimes being part of something important isn't easy. Each and every day, you learn extra tough lessons.

Lilith: My mentor knew that barrel could have exploded if the fire spread. But I'm sure you've never had to deal with things like that.

Trip: No, but I've had my fair share of lack of self-confidence. I was different from my teammates. Three awesome fighters, a strong young woman, and the coolest-looking teammate one could ask for. Me-- I thought I'd contribute nothing to the team. That is, until I figured out a way to capture a criminal. I was unique, because I was the most tech-savvy.

Lilith: Are you a cop?

Trip: Even better. But keep it a secret.

[He shows Lilith his Chrono Morpher and Time Force badge]

Lilith: You're a Time Force Power Ranger!

Trip: Name's Trip.

Lilith: Lilith.

[They shake hands]

Lilith: Oh, do forgive me for prying, but what's that on your forehead?

Trip: Oh, this? [removes his hat] I'm not just from the future. I'm also from the planet Xybria. The gem on my forehead-- It helps me read minds. All my people have that power.

[His gem starts to glow]

Trip: Hold on.

[He gets a vision of LN and Keith in Columbus Park attacking innocent civilians]

Trip: Your perp and his robot friend are attacking innocent people in Columbus Park.

[Lilith gets a text from Tor on her Blaze Phone: "Columbus Park, now!"]

Lilith: I'm not sure I'm cut out for this.

Trip: I am, and I'm more sure now than ever. Go. Your friends need you.

[Lilith nods and texts back: "On my way!", then sets off on her Blaze Cycle; Trip watches Lilith set off]

[Columbus Park, 11:30am]

[Tor, Julie, Tomoe, and Miyabi (as the Crystal Exceeds) fight LN and Keith while an army of Cyber Demonitron prepare more demonic spikes]

LN: Once we're rid of you, we'll level the city without trouble!

Julie: [strikes LN w/her twin swords] We won't let you!

[Keith strikes Tor w/his swords, but Tor intercepts w/his shield and pushes Keith back]

Tor: Time to Ranger up!

All four Exceeds: [each touch a different Green Ranger button on the Ranger app of their phones] Green Ranger Mode!

Tor: Go, go Samurai!

Julie: SPD Emergency!

Tomoe: Unleash the power!

Miyabi: Go galactic!

[They each morph into a different Green Ranger]

Tor: Samurai Green! Ready!

Julie: 3! SPD Green Ranger!

Tomoe: Velociraptor! Power Ranger Green!

Miyabi: Galaxy Green!

LN: Who cares how many times you morph?!

[The Ranger-Exceeds whip out their weapons:]

Tor: Spin Sword!

Julie: Deltamax Striker!

Tomoe: Dino Saber!

Miyabi: Quasar Saber!

[All four charge at LN and Keith and fight them w/their weapons]

LN: [strikes Tor w/her sword] No Power Ranger can outmatch me. Especially if you're just mimicking one!

Tor: [strikes LN w/his Spin Sword] Forest Vortex!

LN: Are you even listening to me?!

Tor: I am, and I don't care! You're evil! And evil never wins!

LN: [punches Tor in the gut] Enough!

[Tor barely flinches; back at the fight with Keith, Julie fires a blast from her Deltamax Striker at Keith, who dodges; Tomoe and Miyabi are about to strike Keith w/their sabers, when Keith intercepts w/his swords]

Keith: You kids are a piece of work.

[He strikes the three girls w/his swords]

Tor: Lilith, where are you? We need you!

Keith: [grabs four of the spikes] By the time she arrives, it'll be too late!

LN: [grabs the last four spikes] This is the end of the Crystal Exceeds!

[They are about to toss the spikes, when suddenly, a blast strikes them; the spikes are destroyed in the process; Lilith (as Exceed Emerald) charges into the scene (the blast came from Lilith's rifle)]

LN: My spikes! You'll pay for that!

Lilith: Do send me the bill. So, did you miss me, Keith?

Keith: Bristol!

Lilith: I do believe there's a price to be paid for what you did to Savannah Powell.

Keith: Oh, that kid? Her mom should never have brought her there in the first place.

Lilith: Do I really need to tell you again? Exceeds, let's go Time Force!

Tor: You got it!

[All five Exceeds gather together and touch the Time Force button of the Ranger app on their phones]

Lilith: Power Ranger Mode: Time Force!

All five Exceeds: Time for Time Force!

[They morph into the Power Rangers Time force]

Tor: Time Force Red!

Julie: Time Force Pink!

Tomoe: Time Force Blue!

Miyabi: Time Force Yellow!

Lilith: Time Force Green!

All five: Power Rangers Time Force!

[Lilith holds out a Time Force badge]

Lilith: Keith Gerald, you're under arrest for arson and the attempted murder of Savannah Powell! LN, or Ellen Mira Mathers, you're under arrest for conspiracy, among other things.

LN: [grips her sword] My name is not Ellen!

[She charges at the Ranger-Exceeds]

Tor: Vector Weapons, ready!

[The Vector Weapons appear in their hands; they fire at LN, hitting her]

Keith: I'll take care of them, Lady LN!

[He charges at the Ranger-Exceeds, who fight him w/their Chrono Sabers]

Tor: [jumps up and splits his saber in two] Time Strike!

[He strikes Keith in a 3:00 position]

Lilith: [jumps up and splits her saber in two] Time Strike!

[She strikes LN in a 9:00 position]

LN: This isn't the end!

[She vanishes]

Tor: All right, Lilith! Let's combine our weapons!

[The Ranger-Exceeds combine their weapons to form the Vortex Blaster]

Lilith: Vortex Blaster! Lock on target!

[The Vortex Blaster locks on Keith]

Lilith: Ready!

Tomoe: Aim!

Tor: FIRE!

[They fire a blast from the Vortex Blaster at Keith]

Keith: Quantum Cannon!

[He fires a blast from his cannon at the Vortex Blaster's blast; both blasts fight for dominance]

Lilith: Maximize the power, all!

[The power of the Vortex Blaster is maximized, empowering its blast, and causing it to burst through the Quantum Cannon's blast and strike Keith, destroying his cannon; the Ranger-Exceeds revert to the Crystal Exceeds]

Keith: [whips out his swords] I want this power of yours! Give it to me!

Lilith: Well, he asked for it. Tor?

[Tor launches Lilith to the air as she points her glowing rifle at Keith]

Lilith: Crystal Sky Blast!

[She fires a massive blast from her rifle at Keith, hitting him hard; Keith screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; suddenly, the Giga Beam hits the spot where the explosion took place and restores and enlarges Keith]

Keith: Not enough to keep me down!

[He swings his swords at the Exceeds, who narrowly dodge, but hit the ground]

Lilith: This is gonna require the Blaze Borgs, chaps!

Miyabi: [looks and points upward] Hey, guys, what's that up there?

[The others look up and notice Trip flying the Time Jet into the scene]

Lilith: It's Trip!

Tomoe: You know that guy?

Trip: I won't let you harm a hair on the Crystal Exceeds! Time Jet, fire!

[The Time Jet fires lasers at Keith, hitting him]

Keith: Who are you?!

Trip: [activates his Chrono Morpher] Time for Time Force!

[He morphs into Time Force Green]

Trip: [fires a blast from his Chrono Blaster at Keith] Fire!

[Keith gets struck by the blast]

Keith: [swings his swords at Trip repeatedly, while Trip and the Time Jet continue dodging] You pesky Green Ranger!

Lilith: Hang on, Trip!

Exceeds: Blaze Borgs, assemble!

[The Blaze Borgs charge into the scene and combine to from the Exceed Blaze King; the Exceeds jump into the cockpit]

Lilith: Blaze on!

[Outside, the Exceed Blaze King gets equipped with a rifle Blaze and fires a blast from it at Keith, hitting him]

Trip: Yes! Nice shot, Exceeds!

Exceeds: Crystal Javelin!

[The rifle vanishes, and in its place appears the Crystal Javelin, with which the Exceed Blaze King prepares to strike Keith]

Keith: Nice try, Exceeds!

[He strikes the Exceed Blaze King w/both swords, causing it to lose its grip on the javelin and drop it]

Keith: [steps on the javelin] Don't count on this thing to help you this time.

Tor: We'll have to use a Megazord move for this one.

Trip: Hmm. Maybe I should call for the Time Force Megazord. Oh, wait. I left Circuit with the others back in 3017. Damn! All right. Think, Trip. You've been resourceful before. Hey, that's it! Exceeds, I'm comin' aboard! Time Jet, engage autopilot!

[He jumps off the Time Jet and into the Exceed Blaze King's cockpit]

Lilith: Trip!

Trip: Time Force has heard all about you Crystal Exceeds in the year 3017. I can't send for the Megazord, but I can help. Before I came here to the past, Jen input extra data into the Time Jet, giving it the power to work in conjunction with your Exceed Blaze King. All it requires is your Ranger app's Time Force mode.

Lilith: Let's try.

[She and the other Exceeds touch the Time Force button on the Ranger app of their phones]

Lilith: Time Force Mode! Time Jet, online!

[The Power Rangers Time Force theme is heard in the background]

[Outside, the Time Jet converts to blaster mode; the Exceed Blaze King grabs it]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Trip: One of the Time Force Megazord's moves. Just one blast will freeze him in his tracks.

Lilith: Thank you, Trip. All right, Exceeds! Let's finish him!

Exceeds and Trip: Exceed Blaze King, Time Blast!

[Outside, the Exceed Blaze King focuses its energy, then fires a blast from the Time Jet blaster at Keith, freezing him just before he can attack]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Trip: Your time's up!

Tor: Now, for the finisher.

Julie: But the javelin is still pinned to the ground.

Lilith: We've got our Blaze Busters. Let's see what they can do in Ranger Mode.

Tomoe: Good idea.

Lilith: Hold down the fort, Trip. We won't be long.

[She and the other four Exceeds jump out of the cockpit to the right shoulder of the Exceed Blaze King and whip out their Blaze Busters; they attach their Blaze Phones to them and touch the Time Force button on the Ranger app]

Tor: Blaze Busters, Time Force formation!

All five: FIRE!!

[They fire blasts from their Blaze Busters in the form of the Time Force symbol and the core five Time Force Rangers at Keith, hitting him hard; Keith falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; the Exceed Blaze King picks up its javelin and poses triumphantly]

[Back on the ground, the smoke clears, revealing Keith back to normal size and form (his unit and dog tag destroyed); the Exceeds and Trip approach; Lilith grabs Keith and cuffs him, then hands him over to ESU, who has just arrived]

Lilith: You have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.

[She turns to Trip]

Trip: It's too bad you can't cryogenically freeze them in this time. That way, they'd have no hope of escaping.

Lilith: We could never have succeeded without you, Trip.

[They shake hands; the gang reverts to normal]

[Back at the Nickar, Westcott turns to LN and Savage]

LN: Master Westcott, forgive me for my failure.

Savage: Me, too, sir. Mr. Gerald was my mercenary.

Westcott: I don't expect to eliminate the Crystal Exceeds right away. Once we've collected enough data, I'll sic my new army upon them. Time is all I need, my friends. Time.

[Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, 11:52am]

[Lilith enters Savannah's hospital room with an envelope and a stuffed bear, but suddenly finds the hospital bed empty]

Lilith: She's gone?

[She sighs somberly]

Savannah: Lilith?

[Lilith turns around to find Savannah and her mother coming up behind her]

Lilith: Savannah. You're okay.

Savannah: Thanks to you. I hope someday I can be a hero, just like you.

[Lilith smiles, then hands Savannah the bear and envelope]

Lilith: I got these for you.

[Savannah opens the envelope and finds a get-well card with a prepaid gift card inside]

Savannah: Oh, thank you.

[She and Lilith embrace]

Lilith: My pleasure. Well, I have to go now. Take care of yourself, dear.

Savannah: Okay.

[Lilith heads down the hall, where Tor, Trip, and Tsukimi await; they all head for the elevator]

Lilith: Miss Tsukimi, I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier. By the way, I figured out why I screwed up in the training exercise. There were gas canisters. You knew they could explode if it were a real emergency.

Tor: But I'm curious. How did you know there was a gas barrel in the real building in the first place?

Tsukimi: When I was monitoring the fight, I saw Keith Gerald stare at the debris before he started the fire. I ran a scan, and there was the barrel.

Trip: So, what's gonna happen to Keith?

Tsukimi: Garcia called and said he'll be charged with arson, attempted murder, and assault. He's looking at a life sentence, since his actions at the building almost killed an innocent child.

Trip: You know, in 3017, where I come from, convicts get sentenced to cryogenic imprisonment. No escaping, no risk of killing anyone else in prison. But I recommend you guys don't tell anyone about this. Don't wanna screw up history.

Lilith: Hero's honor.

Trip: Well, I gotta take the Time Jet back to my time. Time Force work is never done. But I'll ask Jen to construct a replica of the Time Jet for you in case you need it for the Exceed Blaze King.

[They all head out of the elevator and leave the hospital]

Tor: Thank you, Trip.

Trip: Take care, guys!

[He runs off in one direction]

Tsukimi: You two heading back with me?

Tor: Nah, we'll be a little later. Go on ahead.

Tsukimi: Okay. Later, kids!

[She hops away]

Tor: Just like her.

Lilith: Hmm. Tor, you know, we could have followed her.

Tor: I'm in the mood for McDonald's today. You hungry?

Lilith: Oh, yes. I've had a trying day.

Tor: I'll text the others and ask if they want any.

Lilith: Uh, Tor, why don't you and I just eat in, and we'll get the others' meals to go? I mean, after all, we could use some alone time. Just you and I.

Tor: Well, all right.

[He sends a group text to Julie, Tomoe, and Miyabi: "Going with Lilith to McDonald's for lunch; you want anything to go?"; each of the three girls replies: "Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad, iced caramel mocha."]

Tor: Let's go, Lilith.

[Lilith smiles, and they hold hands as they set off]

[FINAL NOTE:
One week after Keith Gerald's arraignment, one of his victims from the restaurant fire he started 18 years ago succumbed to a heart disease as a result of his injuries.
Keith Gerald was tried and convicted of assault in the first degree, arson in the first degree, attempted murder in the first degree, and murder in the second degree. He was sentenced to life imprisonment in Attica Correctional Facility without possibility of parole.]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Julie: So Miyabi teams up with a Yellow Ranger, Tomoe teams up with a Blue Ranger, and Lilith, a Green Ranger. But what about me? My color's violet, and Rangers of that color are hard to come by.

Tor: Except for this guy, but he's pretty eccentric.

Lilith: And how did this monster get into the picture?

Miyabi: And who's this pirate creep?

Tomoe: Next time on ACME Crime Net: Captain Omen.

Tsukimi: Vigilance, dedication, courage! I always wanted to say that.

Last edited by TVLubber (12/04/2018 8:46 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera