ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2016 11:08 pm  #1

Side-Fic 246: The Xenon Quest Pt. 3

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Jeanette: Showtime is just underway, everybody!

Eleanor: Remember to watch in a brightly lit room, and don't you dare sit too close to the monitor.

Scizor: Scizor!

Oshawott: Oshawott!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Clips from the previous side-fic are shown]

Narrator: In our last installment, Alvin, Sora, and Mia arrived on Sunburst Island, where they met Mateo and Marissa, a pair of siblings who own a glass shop, and were told of the Crystal Onix, who they believed knew where the next Xenon subcrystal was. Before they could reach the cave, they were attacked by a rogue regular Onix, which Alvin managed to capture. When they arrived at the cave and encountered the Crystal Onix, the Crystal Onix challenged Alvin to a battle for the subcrystal it carried on its forehead. Unfortunately, one of Prescott Vorstein's demons: Crystofiend, attacked and threatened to kill Marissa if they denied him the subcrystal and the Crystal Onix.  Mateo, fearing for his sister's life, agreed to the surrender, but as Crystofiend released Marissa, he sent out Charmeleon to attack the demon, revealing that he'd deceived him. Alvin soon destroyed the deviant demon with Electrode's Explosion, then proceeded to a final battle with the Crystal Onix. With the help of Charizard, the Crystal Onix was defeated, and Alvin was given the Xenon subcrystal.

Meanwhile, on Navel Island, Theodore, determined to find a subcrystal, climbed all the way up a steep mountain, meeting Gym Leader Danny along the way. After reaching the top, they competed in a best-of-three match, and after saving the Gym Leader from Savage's deadly avalanche, Theodore, with the help of his newly-evolved Frogadier and Mega-Evolved Venusaur, crossed the finish line in the final round and won himself the subcrystal and  a Sea Ruby Badge. Now only four crystals remain. And what of the gang back in New York?

[Kumquat Island, Wednesday, August 17th, 2:00pm]

[Jeanette, Eleanor, and Sarah look around Kumquat Island]

Sarah: Look at all those hotels!

Jeanette: Well, good things do come for those who wait, Sarah. We'd been trudging through the other side of this island for quite a while.

Eleanor: Maybe the Xenon subcrystal's somewhere on this side.

Jeanette: Ash told me that this island has a beautiful beach, natural hot springs, and incredible hotels. And the Kumquat Gym is located in one of those hotels. Around this time of year, there's great deals on hotel accommodations.

Sarah: Sure could use a little rest and relaxation.

Eleanor: Sarah, we're here to find a crystal, not for a vacation.

Sarah: Oh, don't be so uptight, girls. Mr. Steele never said we couldn't have a little fun on this mission.

Jeanette: Well, we haven't gotten much R&R for the past two days.

[Suddenly, the ground begins to vibrate]

Eleanor: Whoa! What's going on?!

Jeanette: Definitely not an earthquake!

[Emerging from the sea is a gigantic robotic Aggron; civilians panic]

Sarah: It's a giant Aggron!

Jeanette: That's not a real Aggron, Sarah. It's a giant robot that looks like one!

Prescott's voice: [from the robotic Aggron] Correctamundo, kiddo!

Jeanette: Prescott?!

Prescott: That's right. I've had it up to here with Savage's constant failures to destroy your teammates, so I've decided to take matters into my own hands and operate this giant automaton Aggron by remote straight from my base. It's extremely destructive, but also environmentally safe. It's also programmed to be like a real Aggron, attacks and all. And I'll start with a Flash Cannon!

[The robot fires Flash Cannon at the ground; the citizens evade the blast]

Jeanette: It's not fair to attack these people! [tosses a Pokéball] Ninetales, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Ninetales]

Ninetales: Ninetales!

Jeanette: Since that robot's made of metal, a Fire-type move should do the job. Ninetales, Fire Spin!

[Ninetales fires Fire Spin at the robot, pushing it back]

Prescott: You'll pay for that, kid! Time for a Metal Burst!

[The robot fires Metal Burst at Ninetales, hitting her]

Jeanette: Ninetales!

Eleanor: I'll help, sis! [tosses a Pokéball] Wailord, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Wailord]

Wailord: Wailord.

[Civilians gaze upon it in awe]

Eleanor: Use Water Spout!

[Wailord fires Water Spout at the robot, drenching it]

Prescott: Thunder!

[The robot fires Thunder at Wailord, zapping it]

Prescott: Now for the three of you!

Sarah: Kaleido Power!

[She gets suited up]

Sarah: Feel the power of the Lorikeet of Love!

[She plays her flute, emitting sound waves toward the robotic Aggron, but nothing happens]

Sarah: Nothing?!

Prescott: Even though a real Aggron doesn't have Soundproof as its ability, this robot is completely impervious to your flimsy flute, DuPont.

Sarah: [switches her flute to blade mode] In that case, I'll just try and cut your giant tin can down to size! And I'll start with the horn!

[She flies up and strikes the robot's horn w/her blade, but not even so much as a dent is laid upon it]

Sarah: [flies back down to the ground] Oh, bloody Hell! Not even so much as a dent!

Prescott: Not even your measly weapons can penetrate the robot's mighty horn. So long, all!

[The robot fires a massive Hyper Beam at the trio]

Jeanette: Uh-oh! Brace yourselves!

Luana: Alakazam, Protect!

[An Alakazam appears in front of the gang]

Alakazam: Alakazam!

[It blocks the Hyper Beam w/Protect]

Sarah: What in the world?

Jeanette: An Alakazam?

Eleanor: Where's its trainer?

[Luana walks up to the trio]

Luana: Right here. The name's Luana, Orange Crew Gym Leader of Kumquat Island.

Eleanor: A Gym Leader?

Luana: I saw your method of battling. I'm impressed. Now, what say we finish this mechanical monster together?

Jeanette: I'm in!

Eleanor and Sarah: Yeah!

Luana: [to the robot] As for whoever's controlling this robot, if you choose not to leave this island, you're gonna regret it!

Prescott: Get outta my sight, Granny! This is between me and ACME!

Sarah: I wouldn't call her Granny if I were in your shoes, you old jerk!

Prescott: Old?! That does it! As soon as my robot recharges from Hyper Beam, I'm gonna have it rip you apart! All of you!

Luana: Alakazam, use Hyper Beam!

[Alakazam fires Hyper Beam at the robot, hitting it hard]

Jeanette: [tosses a Pokéball] Sceptile, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes her Sceptile]

Sceptile: Sceptile!

Jeanette: Give that robot a taste of your new Dual Chop!

[Sceptile strikes the robot twice on the horn w/Dual Chop, lopping the horn off]

Prescott: No! Without the horn, my robot can't use Thunder! That does it! Metal Burst!

[The robot is about to fire Metal Burst at Sceptile]

Eleanor: Wailord, intercept it with Heavy Slam!

[Wailord jumps up and slams on the robot w/Heavy Slam, stopping its Metal Burst; the robot lands flat on its face on the ground]

[After Wailord flops off the robot, the robot gets back on its feet, revealing that the impact has broken a hole in its midsection]

Eleanor: Oh, yeah! Heavy Slam broke a hole in its belly!

Prescott: You'll pay for that! Hyper Beam!

[The robot is about to fire another Hyper Beam]

Luana: Alakazam, shut that robot's mouth with Psychic!

[Alakazam's eyes glow; its Psychic magically shuts the robot's mouth, causing its Hyper Beam to implode and the head to blow up]

Jeanette: Ninetales, Fire Blast!

[Ninetales fires Fire Blast at the hole in the robot's midsection, setting it on fire]

Prescott: You're gonna pay dearly! Count on that! I will get one of those subcrystals soon, and I won't stop at anything!

[The robotic Aggron explodes into smithereens]

Sarah: Gladiator out!

[She reverts to normal; everyone recalls their Pokémon]

Jeanette: Thank you, Luana.

Luana: No, kids. Thank you. You helped save the island. And for that, I wanna give you something-- Free use of the Kumquat Hotel for the rest of the day, and a Gym Battle against me.

Eleanor: We didn't come here for a vacation, Luana. We came to find a piece of the Xenon Crystal.

Luana: Xenon Crystal? [extracts a Xenon subcrystal from her purse] You mean this?

Jeanette: That's it! That's one of the subcrystals.

Eleanor: I heard we have to go through a challenge to get the crystal. What challenge do you have in mind for us?

Luana: You know, last night, just after I got this crystal, before I went to bed, I heard that same thing from a voice in my head.

Jeanette and Eleanor: The Oracle!

Luana: Come with me to the stadium where we'll have our match. I'll talk some more.

[Later, at the Kumquat Hotel, the trio and Luana enter the stadium]

Luana: Here's how this Orange League Gym Battle will go. One of you will take me on in a double battle. However, the rules here are different from usual double battles. If one of a trainer's Pokémon is declared unable to battle, the opposing trainer automatically wins the match. Which one of you wants to take me on?

Sarah: Madam, I hate to be a nuisance, but it wouldn't be fair if you challenged only one of them. And seeing as you're to have a double battle--

Luana: Hmm... I've never battled two challengers at once, but there's always a first time. Very well. I'll use two Pokémon, and Jeanette and Eleanor can each use one.

Jeanette and Eleanor: Good idea!

Jeanette: Eleanor, the way I see it, we're gonna need to use teamwork if we're to get that crystal.

Eleanor: Uh-huh. Neither of us will give up until the end.

Luana: That's the attitude I'd like to hear. You know who'd like you kids? My son Travis.

Jeanette: He a Pokémon trainer, too?

Luana: Yes. He left on his Pokémon journey with his Pikachu, and I miss him every day.

Eleanor: That sounds a lot like Ash.

Luana: You know Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town?

Jeanette: Yes.

Luana: He reminded me a lot of Travis, right down to the Pikachu. I accidentally mistook him for my son when he came here.

Jeanette: Weird.

Luana: Anyway, first thing tomorrow, we'll have our match. Now, go knock yourselves out at this hotel. You've got a free night here.

Jeanette, Eleanor, and Sarah: Thank you!

[Later that evening, Sarah, Jeanette, and Eleanor, in swimsuit, relax in a hot tub with Eleanor's Dewgong and Oshawott]

Sarah: So, what do you girls have in mind for Pokémon you could use against Luana?

Jeanette: Well, knowing her, she might use that Alakazam.

Eleanor: Dark-types, Ghost-types, and Bug-types have an advantage over Psychic-types.

Jeanette: I can't use Zorua. It still needs some extra training time. Plus, my Venomoth is part-Poison-type, so any Psychic-type move could be devastating against it. I'm gonna use Scizor. Not only does it know Bug-type moves like X-Scissor, but being a Steel-type, it'll have no problem withstanding Psychic-type moves. What about you, Ellie?

Eleanor: I'm thinking-- Should I use Dewgong?

Dewgong: Dewgong?

Eleanor: Or Oshawott?

Oshawott: Oshawott?

Sarah: Well, you've had Dewgong for longer than Oshawott.

Eleanor: Dewgong is actually my very first Pokémon, Sarah. But I also wanna catch up on Oshawott's training.

Sarah: Are you sure? I think it would be best if you used Pokémon that have more experience.

Jeanette: She'll be fine, Sarah.

Sarah: I know. Whatever decision she makes, I'll respect it. I just want her to win. Who knows what'll happen if that crystal falls into evil hands if you lose?

[Eye-catch]

Gang: Who's that Pokémon?!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/19/2018 9:09 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

9/06/2016 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Side-Fic 246: The Xenon Quest Pt. 3

Gang
: It's Scizor!

[ACME Labs, Thursday, August 18th, 8:31am]

[Hunter and Ryan watch as Tyler inspects a new device; Tyler groans]

Hunter: What's the matter, Dad?

Ryan: How's the transformer coming?

Tyler: I can't align the subcrystals into an integrated matrix. Even if we do get all 8, combining their energies won't be easy.

Ryan: Must be a bad phase modulator.

Tyler: Exactly. It's pretty old.

Hunter: And very few places have advanced versions of the proper equipment in this country, such as NASA, MIT, Florida Tech, the works.

Tyler: There is one place closer by: New York University. They do have one of the top computer science departments in the U.S. I'll only be gone for about an hour. If the Chipmunks and the Chipettes call, let me know. [about to head out] Oh, and by the way, boys, do me a favor and try to stay out of trouble.

Hunter and Ryan: Who, us?

[Tyler chuckles, then exits]

[Orange Archipelago, 8:54am]

[On an island, Sora and Mia pick fruit from the trees and gather them in a picnic basket]

Mia: All this Orange Island fruit looks really delicious.

Sora: We should take some home with us. Maybe make some smoothies out of them.

Mia: Totally.

[They notice ahead that a Vileplume is ordering around a bunch of Oddish and Gloom like slaves]

Vileplume: Vileplume! Vileplume!

[It whips the Oddish and Gloom, forcing them to pick fruit from nearby trees and give them to Vileplume]

Sora: What are those things?

Mia: Whatever they are, this is not a pretty sight. How dare that big one treat the little ones like slaves!

Sora: [puts down the basket] We'd better stop 'em.

[They run towards the scene]

Sora: Hey, you! Stop torturing those other Pokémon!

Mia: Leave them alone!

Vileplume: Vileplume!

[The Oddish and Gloom shake their heads no]

Vileplume: [angrily] Plume!

[It stomps its foot on the ground, scaring the Oddish and Gloom; they still shake their heads]

Vileplume: Vile... [sprays Stun Spore on Sora and Mia] PLUME!

Sora and Mia: Uh-oh!

[Meanwhile, at a beach, Alvin looks at the two subcrystals he found]

Alvin: Two Xenon subcrystals. I can only imagine what powers they hold for the Spider Riders. [sighs]

[Sora and Mia's screams are heard in the distance]

Alvin: Sounds like trouble.

[He packs the crystals in his back, then runs to the scene of the disaster; Sora and Mia are paralyzed and ill]

Alvin: Sora! Mia!

Sora: I... can't... move.

Mia: That flower Pokémon is treating those smaller ones like slaves.

Alvin: [extracts his Pokédex; looks up the Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume] I've never seen those things.

Dextette: Oddish, the Weed Pokémon. During the daytime, Oddish buries itself in soil to absorb nutrients from the ground using its entire body.

Dextette: Gloom, the Weed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Oddish. Gloom releases a foul fragrance from the pistil of its flower. When faced with danger, the stench worsens.

Dextette: Vileplume, the Flower Pokémon, and an evolved form of Gloom. Vileplume has the world's largest petals. They are used to attract prey that are then doused with toxic spores. Once the prey are immobilized, this Pokémon catches and devours them.

Alvin: As if your slavery wasn't enough, Vileplume, hurting my friends is just asking for trouble. [tosses a Pokéball] Charizard, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Charizard; Charizard roars, scaring Vileplume; Vileplume sprays Stun Spore at Charizard, who flaps his wings to blow it away]

Alvin: Charizard, use Flamethrower!

[Charizard fires Flamethrower at Vileplume, hitting it hard; Vileplume runs out of the forest, swims out of the island, and out of sight]

Alvin: Oddish and Gloom, you can all rest easy now. That fruit Vileplume made you pick for it-- It's all yours now.

[The Oddish and Gloom cheer and eat the fruit they picked; one of the Oddish walks up to Alvin]

Oddish: Oddish.

Alvin: What's that?

[Oddish climbs to the top of Alvin's hat]

Oddish: Oddish, Oddish, Oddish.

Alvin: Are you saying you wanna join me?

Oddish: [nods] Oddish.

Alvin: Well, if that's you want,... [extracts an empty Pokéball] Hop in, Oddish.

[Oddish jumps for joy, taps the Pokéball, and gets sucked inside; the ball shakes, then stops flashing red]

Alvin: We did it, Charizard! [poses] We caught Oddish!

[Charizard roars]

Alvin: Come on. We gotta get Sora and Mia to that cabin.

[Later, at a nearby cabin, Sora and Mia lie on pillows, still incapacitated]

Alvin: That cowardly Vileplume oughta know better than to spray Stun Spore on humans. Sora, Mia, are you gonna be okay?

Sora: I don't think my body can take it.

Mia: Do you have any medicine?

[Alvin reaches into his backpack and extracts a first aid kit]

Alvin: Let's see. [opens the kit] Band-aids, scissors, tweezers, pads, sprays-- Oh. Here we go. [extracts cold packs from the kit] This should keep your fevers down. It's a good thing this kit keeps these things cold.

[He places the pads on Sora and Mia's foreheads]

Alvin: Unfortunately, I don't have any Stun Spore antidotes. And the nearest Pokémon Center is 30 miles away on another island.

[Charizard looks up antidote information on Alvin's Pokédex]

Alvin: [walks up to Charizard] Charizard, what are you doing with my Pokédex?

Dextette: An effective Stun Spore antidote can be made by boiling the leaves of Salveyo weed.

Alvin: Salveyo weed?

[Charizard looks up Salveyo weed]

Dextette: Salveyo weed is found in the bottoms of clear lakes wherever Oddish, Gloom, or Vileplume reside. Poliwag are also found in the vicinity of this plant.

Alvin: Good job, Charizard.

[Charizard gives him a thumbs-up signal]

Alvin: Keep an eye on Sora and Mia while I'm gone. I'll go find the Salveyo weed.

Sora: Hurry back quickly, Alvin.

Mia: We're counting on you.

Alvin: Don't worry, girls. I won't be gone long.

[He exits the cabin]

[Kumquat Island Gym, 9:00am]

[Jeanette and Eleanor face Luana]

Luana: [tosses two Pokéballs] Alakazam, Marowak, go!

[Out of the Pokéballs come her Alakazam and Marowak]

Alakazam: Alakazam!

Marowak: Marowak!

Jeanette: [tosses a Pokéball] Scizor, I choose you!

Eleanor: [tosses a Pokéball] Oshawott, I choose you!

[Out of the Pokéballs come Jeanette's Scizor and Eleanor's Oshawott]

Sarah: Jeanette, good choice. However, Eleanor, you shouldn't use Oshawott. It's hardly ever battled.

Eleanor: Trust me. Early this morning, I filled it in on some details.

Referee: Let the match begin!

Luana: Marowak, start by using Bonemerang on Oshawott!

[Marowak tosses its bone like a boomerang at Oshawott]

Eleanor: Oshawott, Focus Energy!

[Oshawott focuses its energy]

Jeanette: Scizor, block that bone with Bullet Punch!

[It rapidly punches Marowak's bone right back at it]

Luana: Alakazam, use Protect!

[Alakazam steps in front of Marowak and blocks the bone w/Protect]

Eleanor: Oshawott, Razor Shell! Aim for Marowak!

[Oshawott raises its schalchop and strikes Marowak hard with it]

Jeanette: All right, Scizor! Use X-Scissor on Alakazam!

[Scizor flies toward Alakazam]

Luana: Alakazam, use Psychic!

[Alakazam's eyes glow, and it stops Scizor in its tracks w/Psychic]

Scizor: [groans] Scizor...

Eleanor: Oshawott, use Aqua Jet on Alakazam!

[Oshawott becomes surrounded by water and charges at Alakazam]

Luana: Marowak, Bone Rush!

[Marowak strikes Oshawott repeatedly w/Bone Rush, stopping Aqua Jet]

[Alakazam uses Psychic to slam Scizor to the ground repeatedly]

Jeanette: Ellie, if Scizor can't battle, we're never gonna get that crystal!

Eleanor: I know! I know! Oshawott, save Scizor!

[Oshawott gazes at the nearly-injured Scizor, then fires Water Gun at Alakazam, hitting it hard and stopping Psychic; Scizor breaks free]

Oshawott: [nods] Oshawott.

Luana: This ain't over 'til the fat lady sings! Marowak, Thunder Punch!

[Marowak strikes Oshawott w/Thunder Punch, sending it flying]

Eleanor: Oshawott!

[Scizor catches Oshawott before it can hit the ceiling]

Oshawott: Osha?

Scizor: [nods] Scizor.

Jeanette: Nice catch, Scizor!

Sarah: All right, girls! Let's finish this!

Eleanor: Let's use a team attack, Jean!

Jeanette: Good idea! Scizor, Giga Impact!

Eleanor: Oshawott, Aqua Jet!

[Oshawott jumps on Scizor's back; both become surrounded by pink aura and water as they charge at Alakazam and Marowak]

Luana: Marowak, Bonemerang!

[Marowak fires Bonemerang at Oshawott and Scizor; Oshawott jumps off of Scizor to dodge the attack and strike Marowak w/Aqua Jet; Scizor strikes Alakazam w/Giga Impact]

Marowak: Marowak...

[It starts glowing]

Sarah: Eleanor, your Oshawott! It's...

Jeanette: It's evolving!

[Oshawott evolves into a Dewott]

Dewott: Dewott!

Eleanor: Dewott!

[It fires Hydro Pump at Alakazam, hitting it hard]

Alakazam: ZAAAAAAAAAAAM!!

Eleanor: All right! Dewott just learned Hydro Pump!

Jeanette: Let's finish this! Scizor, use Metal Claw on Marowak!

Eleanor: Dewott, give Alakazam another Hydro Pump!

Luana: Alakazam and Marowak, use Hyper Beam!

[Both Pokémon fire Hyper Beam at Jeanette and Eleanor's Pokémon; Dewott fires Hydro Pump at Alakazam's Hyper Beam; both moves struggle to push each other back]

Jeanette: Up, Scizor!

[Scizor flies up to dodge Hyper Beam, then strikes Marowak hard w/Metal Claw; Dewott brings Hydro Pump to full power, causing it to burst through Alakazam's Hyper Beam and strike it hard; Alakazam and Marowak both faint]

Referee: Alakazam and Marowak are both unable to battle. Victory goes to the challengers!

[Jeanette and Eleanor embrace wildly]

Jeanette: We did it, Eleanor!

Eleanor: I knew we'd win, Jeanette!

Sarah: YIPPEE!! Bully for you, girls!

[Luana recalls her Pokémon, then walks up to the trio and their Pokémon]

Luana: Well, that was quite a battle. Congratulations, Jeanette. Eleanor.

Jeanette and Eleanor: Thanks, Luana.

Luana: [hands Eleanor the subcrystal] As promised, here's the Xenon subcrystal.

Eleanor: Thanks again.

Jeanette: Now we have 5!

Sarah: Three more, and the Spider Riders are back in action!

Luana: And before you go, I have something else for you.

[She hands Jeanette a Jade Star Badge]

Luana: I want you to take this Jade Star Badge to prove that you beat me.

Jeanette: We'd be glad to. Thanks.

Jeanette and Eleanor: We've just won... [pose victoriously] ...the Jade Star Badge!

[They hi-five]

[Cut back to the beach; Jeanette, Eleanor, and Sarah are sitting on Eleanor's Wailord, ready to go]

Luana: You three run along now. And if you guys happen to see Travis, give him my love for us.

Jeanette: Don't worry, Luana. We'll remember.

Eleanor: And we'll also give Ash your best regards.

Luana: Thank you.

Sarah: Cheerio, Luana!

Eleanor: Okay, Wailord. Let's go!

Wailord: Wailord.

[It sails forth]

Luana: [waves goodbye] Safe journey! And good luck in finding the other subcrystals!

[Jeanette, Eleanor, and Sarah say their goodbyes as they sail off]

[Back on the unknown island, Alvin and his Empoleon search lake bottom after lake bottom, but no sign of any Salveyo weed; the two search through the forest]

Alvin: Nothing. Not even so much as a Poliwag.

Empoleon: Poleon...

Alvin: Sora and Mia are gonna get sicker and sicker if we don't find that Salveyo weed.

[Suddenly, a Poliwag slides up to him]

Poliwag: Poli? Poli-Poli.

Empoleon: Empoleon?

Alvin: Speak of the devil!

[He looks up Poliwag]

Dextette: Poliwag, the Tadpole Pokémon. The direction of the spiral on its belly differs by area. It is more adept at swimming than walking.

Alvin: I'm sure this little fella can help us find some Salveyo weed. Hey, Poliwag, we're looking for Salveyo weed. We were told they can be found in lake bottoms, but looked through a lot and couldn't find any weed. Do you know where we can find the nearest lake bottom that has a lot of that weed? I need it to help my friends Sora and Mia.

Poliwag: [nods] Poli.

Alvin: Oh, thank you. You see, I've looked up to Sora and Mia as if they were my own big sisters. They're cute, they're great performers, and they're very brave.

Poliwag: [somberly] Poli. [pats Alvin on the head w/its tail] Poli. Poli.

Alvin: You're real sweet, Poliwag.

[Empoleon can only smile]

Alvin: Come on, Empoleon. Poliwag will lead us to Salveyo weed.

[He and Empoleon follow Poliwag to a nearby lake; Poliwag dives into it, then resurfaces w/a piece of Salveyo weed]

Alvin: That's it! Is there any more growing on the bottom of that lake?

[Poliwag nods]

Alvin: It's pickin' time, Empoleon!

Empoleon: Empoleon!

[All three dive to the bottom of the lake and pluck lots of Salveyo weed, then resurface with a whole wad of it; they climb out of the lake]

Alvin: All this should get Sora and Mia back on their feet. Thanks for your help, Poliwag.

Poliwag: [winks] Poli!

[Alvin and Empoleon walk back down the forest; Poliwag follows them]

Alvin: I wanna stay and play, too, but my friends are sick. Plus, we're on an important mission-- To find all 8 pieces of Xenon Crystal. I don't know if we'll ever see you again. Then again... Poliwag, do you wanna join my Pokémon team?

Poliwag: [jumps for joy] Poli! [jumps onto Alvin's shoulder] Poli-Poli-Poli!

Alvin: That's two new Pokémon in one day! It's this fun, Empoleon?

Empoleon: [nods] Empoleon!

Alvin: There's a lot of Pokémon friends I want you to meet. You've already met my Empoleon here. He's one of my best. There's also Charizard, Electrode, Arcanine, Quagsire, Rhyperior, Metagross, Manectric, Gyarados, Honchkrow, Crobat, Braviary, Chandelure, Gothitelle, Cryogonal, Simisage, Tropius, Cresselia, Muk, Hydreigon, Torkoal, Sylveon, Quilladin, Rampardos, Dusclops, Lapras, Onix, and Oddish. You'll love 'em all! Plus, I'm sure you'd like to meet my friend Eleanor's Poliwrath. You could use a good coach for when I need you to battle for me.

[Suddenly, an army of Demonitron appear before them]

Demonitron: You're not going anywhere with that Salveyo weed!

Alvin: Demonitron!

[Poliwag hides behind Alvin's back]

Alvin: They may look scary, but deep down, they're weaklings. [extracts a Pokéball] But maybe they oughta get a taste of what my friends felt. [tosses the ball] Oddish, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Oddish]

Oddish: Oddish!

Alvin: Spray those Demonitron with Stun Spore!

[Oddish sprays Stun Spore on the Demonitron; some get paralyzed, but the others dodge it]

Demonitron: Your idea of divide and conquer won't help you, kid!

Alvin: Oddish, Sludge Bomb!

[Oddish fires Sludge Bomb at two of the Demonitron, knocking them to the ground]

Demonitron: [charges at Alvin] I'll show you, kid!

[Alvin kicks the charging Demonitron to one of the others]

Alvin: [recalls Oddish] Oddish, return! [tosses another Pokéball] Onix, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Onix; Onix roars, intimidating the Demonitron]

Demonitron: Where'd you get that thing?!

Alvin: None of your beeswax! Onix, Rock Throw!

[Onix fires Rock throw at the Demonitron, hitting most of them; only one Demonitron remains unscathed]

Demonitron: That Onix is gonna pay for this, as are you, kid!

[He fires a blast of flames at Alvin's Salveyo weed, but Poliwag jumps in]

Poliwag: Poli!

[It fires Water Gun at the flaming blast, dousing it]

Alvin: Great use of your Water Gun, Poliwag! Let's try Body Slam!

[Poliwag slams its body on the last Demonitron hard, paralyzing him]

Alvin: Great job! Empoleon, wash 'em away with Hydro Pump!

[Empoleon fires Hydro Pump at all the Demonitron, sending them all flying high into the sky and out of sight]

Alvin: Tell Prescott never to mess with me or my friends!

Poliwag: Poli!

Empoleon: Empoleon!

[Onix roars in agreement]

Alvin: [recalls Empoleon and Onix] Empoleon, Onix, return. C'mon, Poliwag.

[He and Poliwag rush to the cabin; Charizard waves from the window]

Alvin: Charizard!

[Charizard roars]

Alvin: I got the Salveyo weed! And I caught a Poliwag, too.

Poliwag: [nods; waves hello to Charizard] Poli.

[Charizard nods]

[A bit later, inside the cabin, Alvin extracts a small pot from his backpack, places some of the Salveyo weed into the pot, then Poliwag sprays Water Gun to fill the pot with water; Charizard gently fires Flamethrower over the pot to boil the weed and water]

Alvin: Okay, guys. I think the tea's hot enough.

[He pours two mugs of Salveyo weed tea and places them on a tray]

Alvin: [hands Sora a mug of the tea; gently blows on it] Here, Sora. Careful. It's hot.

Sora: I knew we could count on you, Alvin. Thank you.

[Alvin hands Mia the other mug]

Mia: You're a real lifesaver.

Alvin: Drink up, girls, but don't burn yourselves.

[Sora and Mia nod, then each take a sip of the tea, fully recovering from the Stun Spore]

Sora and Mia: Ahh!

[They put down their tea and stretch]

Sora: Thank goodness. I thought I was gonna die.

Mia: I never doubted you, Alvin. [hugs Alvin] Thank you so much.

Sora: [also hugs Alvin] You're a hero.

Alvin: Actually, the real hero is my new Poliwag. If it weren't for Poliwag, I would never have found that Salveyo weed. Right, Poliwag?

Poliwag: Poli! Poli!

Alvin: Time to take a little rest, buddy. [extracts an empty Pokéball; tosses it to Poliwag] Pokéball, go!

[The ball hits Poliwag and sucks it inside; the ball shakes, then stops flashing, then shrinks]

Alvin: [grabs the ball] Yes! [poses] Poliwag is mine!

[Charizard roars]

Sora: Congratulations, Alvin!

Alvin: As if finding crystals wasn't enough, I've already caught four Pokémon on this mission.

Mia: Speaking of the crystals, we'd better get a move on. There's another crystal on Mandarin Island.

Alvin: That's right! C'mon!

[ACME Labs, 9:30am]

Hunter: Ryan, I can't wait any longer for Dad to come back. I'm starving.

Ryan: Didn't you have breakfast?

Hunter: I was so anxious about Alvin and the others, I forgot to eat breakfast.

Ryan: Well, truth be told, I'm kinda hungry myself. Let's try that bagel place.

Hunter: Sure. Jeb, wanna go for a walk with us?

Jeb: Would I?!

[All three exit]

[New York University, 9:34am]

[A scientist walks up to Tyler]

Scientist: Tyler, I gotta say, you've undertaken quite an ambitious project.

Tyler: Well, Professor Hart and I have always been interested in crystal energy consonance. But unfortunately, the phase modulator at my organization's lab wasn't quite advanced enough.

Scientist: I think I can be of help. MIT donated an older model to NYU a few months back, but we never got the chance to use it. I'd be happy to lend it to a serious fellow scientist.

Tyler: Thanks.

[The scientist hands Tyler a phase modulator]

Tyler: I won't forget this.

[He exits]

[Meanwhile, at Soprano's base, Soprano has seen it all]

Soprano: Hunter Steele's father is getting closer to completing the crystal transformer.

R.J.: Big deal! Without all 8 Xenon subcrystals, that thing's just a worthless piece of junk.

Soprano: You're right, son-in-law. They Chipmunks and the Chipettes will never find them all.

Argon: I regret to report that subcrystal #5 has been achieved.

Soprano: So what? As long as they don't find all 8, we're as good as gold.

R.J.: Well, just in case, I've got a mutant all set.

[He shows Argon a drawing of a mutated spider]

R.J.: Militia's fight during Steele's wedding really inspired me to draw up a new mutant. This is Mutantula.

Argon: Perfect.

[His third eye glows and fires a beam at the drawing; it then creates a giant egg, which hatches into Mutantula]

Soprano: Meet Steele Senior at ACME Labs and grab that phase modulator.

Mutantula: Roger that, boss! [vanishes]

[ACME Labs, 9:44am]

[Tyler returns, then looks around]

Tyler: Hunter? Ryan? Jeb?

[Unbeknownst to him, Mutantula's shadow is right behind his]

Tyler: C'mon, boys. Joke's over with. I got the phase modulator.

Mutantula: And I have you, Tyler Steele!

[Tyler looks behind himself and notices Mutantula]

Tyler: A mutant!

Mutantula: "Come into my parlor", said the hungry spider to the fly! [laughs] You look pretty tasty. There's no escaping my web of doom!

[She fires spider webs at Tyler]

[Less than half an hour later, Hunter, Ryan, and Jeb return to the lab; there are spider webs scattered all over]

Jeb: Just look at this mess!

Hunter: What in God's name?!

Ryan: Must've been one of Soprano's mutants or one of Prescott's demons.

[The monitor turns on; the Spirit Oracle appears]

Hunter: Spirit Oracle!

Oracle: Hunter and Ryan Steele, I regret to inform you that your father is in grave danger.

Ryan: What happened to him?

[The monitor opens a channel to an underground lair full of spider webs; Tyler is tied up in spider webs, with his phase modulator also covered in webs; Mutantula watches over them]

Oracle: Soprano's newest mutant Mutantula has captured your father and stolen his new phase modulator. I have already found her lair's coordinates. Ryan, I shall transport you there immediately.

Hunter: I'll send for Ash and the others, bro. Go get 'em.

Ryan: Right. Trooper Transform! [raises his Virtualizer] WE ARE VR!

[He transforms into a VR Trooper]

[Cut to the lair; Ryan and Ash's group look around]

Ryan: Damn, this place is creepy. All these webs.

Ash: We have to proceed with caution. Mutantula could be spinning a trap for us.

Pikachu: Pika.

Serena: This web's so huge.

Bonnie: This place is pretty scary.

Clemont: Just stay with us, and you'll be fine, Bonnie.

Tyler: Ryan!

Ryan: Dad?!

Ash: Mr. Steele!

Ryan: Let's go!

[The gang follows the sound of Tyler's voice down a path; unknown to anyone, Mutantula is creeping behind them]

Mutantula: That's it, Trooper. Leap before looking.

[In another part of the lair, Ryan and Ash's group find the captive Tyler]

Ryan: Dad, you okay?!

Tyler: Guys, look out! It's a trap!

Mutantula: [from above] Surprise!

[She tosses a giant net of webs down to the gang, who dodge, except for Clemont and Bonnie]

Ryan: Clemont! Bonnie!

Ash: How dare you!

Mutantula: Tyler Steele and his little device thingy were just the bait so I could get to you!

Ryan: [whips out his VR Laser Saber] This is where it ends!

[He and Mutantula fight rigorously]

Ash: Pikachu, release the others with Iron Tail!

Pikachu: Pika! [tail glows] Chuuuuu-- [rips the webs off of Bonnie w/Iron Tail] --PIKA!

Bonnie: [gets up] Thanks, Pikachu!

[Pikachu is about to do the same for Clemont, when suddenly, Mutantula grabs him w/a string of webs]

Ash: Pikachu!

Pikachu: Pika-Pi!

Serena: [tosses a Pokéball] Braixen, use Flamethrower and free the others!

[Out of the ball comes her Braixen]

Braixen: Braixen!

[It is about to fire Flamethrower, when Mutantula fires her webs at it, stopping its attack]

Serena: Braixen, not you, too!

Ash: Pikachu, give Mutantula a Thunderbolt!

Bonnie: No, wait! If you attack her, Ryan will get zapped, too!

Ash: Then it's time for a little backup. [tosses a Pokéball] Greninja, I choose you!

[Out of the ball comes his Greninja]

Greninja: Greninja!

Ash: Water Shuriken!

[Mutantula fires her webs at Greninja, stopping it from launching any attacks]

Greninja: [struggles to break free] Ninja...!

Ash: Not Greninja, too!

Ryan: You won't beat us!

Mutantula: And who's gonna stop me?! Certainly not you, Trooper!

[She kicks Ryan to the ground]

Ryan: VR Laser Pistol!

[He fires a blast from his Laser Pistol at the web with which Mutantula has caught Pikachu, snapping it and setting Pikachu free]

Ash: Nice job, Ryan!

Pikachu: Pika!

Ryan: No problem.

Ash: Pikachu, use Quick Attack!

[Pikachu strikes Mutantula w/Quick Attack]

Clemont: [struggles to set himself free] If I could just reach my Pokéballs... [finally reaches one of his Pokéballs] Got it! [opens it] Go!

[Out of the ball comes his Luxray]

Luxray: Luxray!

Clemont: Luxray, use Swift to get me out of this web!

[Luxray fires Swift at the web, setting Clemont free]

Clemont: Thanks! Go, Aipom Arm!

[His Aipom Arm, balled into a fist, punches Mutantula]

[Ryan sets the other Pokémon free w/his saber]

Ryan: You guys kick off!

Serena: Braixen, Flamethrower!

[Braixen fires Flamethrower at Mutantula, hitting her]

Clemont: Luxray, Thunder Fang!

[Luxray's fangs electrify as it bites Mutantula hard, zapping her]

Ash: Greninja, Water Shuriken!

[Greninja fires Water Shuriken at Mutantula, hitting her repeatedly]

Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

Pikachu: Pikaaaaaaaaaa-- [fires Thunderbolt at Mutantula] --CHUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

[Mutantula screams as she gets zapped]

Mutantula: I'll spin a web big enough for all of you!

Ryan: Don't think so! VR Laser Saber command, NOW!

[His Laser Saber glows]

Mutantula: [charges at Ryan] I've got you this time, Trooper!

[Ryan strikes her through the midsection w/his saber, electrifying her]

Ryan: See ya!

[He swings his saber, firing a wave of blue energy at Mutantula, hitting her hard; Mutantula screams, and an explosion is shown; after the smoke clears, Mutantula is gone; all webs in her lair vanish; Tyler is set free, as is his phase modulator; the gang runs up to him]

Ryan: Dad!

Serena: You all right, Mr. Steele?

Tyler: [grabs the phase modulator] I'm fine, and thank God the phase modulator wasn't damaged.

Ash: Great! Let's get back to the lab.

[They all exit the lair]

[Back at Soprano's base, Soprano is disappointed]

Soprano: Another mutant gone, another plan ruined.

R.J.: That meddling VR Trooper got in the way. I should've known ACME would still send someone to stop us.

Soprano: ACME will pay dearly, even if they do get the Xenon Crystal back together. [clenches his fist] They'll pay.

[Meanwhile, at Prescott's base, Prescott confronts Vega and the rogue Vileplume from earlier]

Prescott: Vega, you told me your Vileplume's Stun Spore would actually stop Alvin and his group from getting the next subcrystal! Now thanks to you, Alvin's got two more Pokémon, and his friends are fully recovered.

Vega: The Demonitron also failed me. I told them to destroy that Salveyo weed, but that Poliwag just--

Prescott: Spare me the excuses, you dingus! You sent them, so you're to blame.

Vega: Well, you failed, too. That was your robot that attacked Kumquat Island and failed.

Prescott: That's right, I did, but that was one of my cheaply-built robots. I'm saving the expensive ones for later. Prepare my other demons. There's still three islands left where the subcrystals are hidden. No one rests until I get one of the crystals. [clenches his fist] When I do, ACME will fall!

[ACME Labs, 12:33pm]

[All the webs are cleared out, and the device is fully assembled; everyone watches as Tyler activates the device]

Tyler: Okay. All is set.

Hunter: Nice work, Dad.

[The computer beeps; Tyler presses the "accept" button]

Jeanette: [through intercom] Tyler, do you read me?

Tyler: Jeanette, is that you?

Jeanette: Yep. Eleanor and I got our subcrystal.

Ryan: Yes! Five down, three to go!

Ash: But it's not over yet. Alvin's only found two of the four he's searching for, and we still haven't heard from Brittany.

Eleanor: By the way, Tyler, how's your crystal transformer coming along?

Tyler: Well, it had a little bug problem, so to speak, but Ryan and Ash's group helped me exterminate it.

Jeanette: We'll keep you posted when the others find the other crystals.

Tyler: Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Narrator: With five subcrystals in the 'Munk Team's possession, and Prescott's plan thwarted once again, the Xenon Crystal is one step closer to completion. Will Alvin and Brittany find the remaining crystals on Mandarin Island and Trovita Island? And what does Prescott have planned for them? Find out next time.

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Prima: You've got guts wanting to challenge me, Alvin.

Alvin: I'm counting on you, Quilladin.

Rudy: Layla, I'm forever grateful to you. You saved my sister. Please stay.

Brittany: Blaziken, I know you can get back in this! And I've got just the thing for the job!

Alvin: Next time on ACME Crime Net: The Xenon Quest Part 4!

Brittany: Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Blaziken: Blaziken!

Last edited by TVLubber (12/04/2020 10:23 pm)

9/08/2016 7:38 am  #3

Today's quizzer:

1. Oddish starts to move when its leaves begin absorbing  daylight, which it uses to grow. 
2. Gloom's sticky nectar can be used as a fertilizer for plants.
3. In the Orange Islands episode The Stun Spore Detour, Ash, Tracey, and James were affected by Vileplume's Stun Spore.
4.  Marowak and it's evolve form, Cubone, are the only known Pokémon that can learn Bone Club and Bonemerang.
5.  Misty had a Poliwag that eventually evolved into a Poliwhirl and then a Poliwrath.
6. Ninetales can live for 1,000 years, due to the energy within its nine tails, each of which is said to have a different mystical power.
7. During the sunset hours, Dewgong sleeps on bitterly cold ice or under shallow water. 
8. Alakazam has an IQ that exceeds 15,000.
9. A Wailord can dive deep at 10,000 feet in a single breath.
10. Sceptile regulates its body temperature by basking in moonlight.

9/08/2016 4:25 pm  #4

ACME Crime Net wrote:

Today's quizzer:

1. Oddish starts to move when its leaves begin absorbing  daylight, which it uses to grow. 
2. Gloom's sticky nectar can be used as a fertilizer for plants.
3. In the Orange Islands episode The Stun Spore Detour, Ash, Tracey, and James were affected by Vileplume's Stun Spore.
4.  Marowak and it's evolve form, Cubone, are the only known Pokémon that can learn Bone Club and Bonemerang.
5.  Misty had a Poliwag that eventually evolved into a Poliwhirl and then a Poliwrath.
6. Ninetales can live for 1,000 years, due to the energy within its nine tails, each of which is said to have a different mystical power.
7. During the sunset hours, Dewgong sleeps on bitterly cold ice or under shallow water. 
8. Alakazam has an IQ that exceeds 15,000.
9. A Wailord can dive deep at 10,000 feet in a single breath.
10. Sceptile regulates its body temperature by basking in moonlight.

1. False?
2. Beats me.
3. False. Jessie fell ill to the Stun Spore, not James.
4. True.
5. False. Misty's Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl, but it then evolved into a Politoed, not Poliwrath.
6. True.
7. False. Daylight hours, not sunset.
8. False. 5,000.
9. True.
10. False. It basks in sunlight, not moonlight, to regulate its body temperature.

Board footera