ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2021 11:07 pm  #1

Side-Fic 333: Follow the Thieving Gourdroid

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Natsumi: If you're about to watch this show, make sure the lights are on, and don't sit too close to your monitor. Here we go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Sixth Street Community Center, Monday, August 26th, 12:44pm]

[Natsumi performs magic tricks in front of children at a birthday party]

Natsumi: [holds up a salt shaker under a napkin and taps a quarter with it, then pulls it back toward her, then taps again, etc.] Now, watch closely for the coin to vanish. Keep your eyes on the coin. Okay. 1, 2, 3,... [slams her hand on the salt shaker]

[She removes the flattened napkin, revealing only the quarter; the surprised children cheer and applaud]

Natsumi: Fooled you, didn't I? Thought I'd make the quarter vanish. [tosses the quarter to the boy in the frontmost row] No way in heck.

[The boy catches the quarter]

Natsumi: And now, for my grand finale.

[She takes out a pot and lid from her bag; she removes the lid to show the pot is empty]

Natsumi: As you can see, this pot is empty. But not for long. [pours powder into the pot] Just a little sprinkle of powder should do the trick. [puts the lid back on top; whips out her magic wand] Now, with a wave of my magic wand, that powder will take the form of something different. [waves her wand over the pot] A la hire katsu sandwiches!

[The lid starts to vibrate; the children are surprised; Natsumi lifts off the lid, revealing a white bunny rabbit; the children fawn and cheer]

Natsumi: [takes the rabbit out of the pot] You may pet him.

[The children pet the rabbit one by one]

Natsumi: Well, I'd best be off. I've got a lunch date. [puts the rabbit into a cage and packs her bag] Enjoy the rest of the party! Happy birthday, Darren!

[Darren's mother hands Natsumi a check as she leaves the community center; outside, Natsumi enters Shido's rental car]

Shido: How was the gig?

Natsumi: The kids really loved my tricks. I can't wait for the next gig. But I also gotta think of some new tricks.

Shido: I'm sure there's lots to learn. So, how 'bout Carmine's?

Natsumi: Chicken marsala okay?

Shido: Anything for you.

[He turns on the radio as he starts driving]

Reporter: [on radio] In local news, seven more children in the metropolitan area have been reported missing. Several witnesses all claim a robot monster had been sucking them into a gourd. Whatever motive this robot has, we don't know yet. Now for tomorrow's weather.

[Shido turns off the radio]

Shido: Another Demonoid, I'll bet.

Natsumi: What would Westcott want with children?

Shido: Probably that human shield scheme Roget tried to pull on the Cosmo Cats almost a year ago.

[Neo-DEM Industries HQ, 12:50pm]

[Westcott and ZIEG watch as Gourdroid (a Demonoid carrying a metal gourd) look around the city]

Westcott: Those children are merely bait to lure the Spirit Soldiers.

ZIEG: Once he finds them, Gourdroid will bottle them up with the children in his gourd. As per your order, once all 12 are caught, along with the traitor, Gourdroid will bring them straight to you. And don't worry about their Spirit Soldier powers. The gourd's interior blocks access to their powers.

Westcott: Another job well done, ZIEG. See to it that this job succeeds.

ZIEG: [nods] Sir.

[Westcott exits]

ZIEG: He did order me to bring in the Spirit Soldiers and the traitor. That's all he wants. [snickers] And I never disobey my master's orders.

[Back at the city, Shido's car is halfway to Carmine's]

Shido: We'd better warn the other Spirit Soldiers, just in case.

Natsumi: If what they said on the news is true, we can't take any chances.

[Suddenly, Gourdroid appears before them; Shido stops the car; he and Natsumi get out of the car to confront him]

Gourdroid: So you've found out, eh? That's not gonna do you any good, though.

Natsumi: Release the children at once!

Gourdroid: Only if you Spirit Soldiers turn yourselves over to me: Gourdroid!

[He uncorks the gourd; the kidnapped children are heard shouting for help]

Shido: We have to get those kids outta that jar somehow.

Natsumi: But we can't risk breaking it.

Gourdroid: [points the gourd at Shido] Gold, you're first!

[The gourd unleashes a puff of smoke on Shido, but Natsumi pushes him out of the way and gets sucked into the gourd]

Natsumi: Shido!

[Gourdroid corks the gourd]

Shido: Natsumi!

Gourdroid: Don't fret, goldie. You're next!

Shido: [gets suited up] Sephira, GO!

[He fires blasts from his Spirit Pistol at Gourdroid, who dodges, then shoots spikes from his right hand at Shido, hitting him]

[Inside the gourd, Natsumi hits the ground in front of 20 kidnapped children]

Natsumi: [turns to the children] Are you kids all right?

Child A: Get us out of here!

Child B: We wanna go home!

Natsumi: I'm sure the Spirit Soldiers can help. But they can't destroy Gourdroid without first grabbing this gourd or releasing us all. Please, Spirit Soldiers, save us first.

[Outside, an army of Bandersnatch 2.0 units surround Shido; Shido fights them back as much as he can with his Sephira Spear, but Gourdroid kicks him to the ground hard; Shido reverts to normal]

Gourdroid: Too bad, Shido. You have anything to say?

Shido: [struggles to get back up] Let Natsumi and those kids go.

Gourdroid: [kicks him again] Not a chance! Master ZIEG ordered me to trap every Spirit Soldier in my gourd. As soon as the rest of your team comes, I'll easily kill two birds with one stone.

[Suddenly, Shido gets transported out]

Gourdroid: Huh?! Hey! Where'd he go?! [looks around] There's no way he could've transported himself out in his condition.

[132 Madison Street, 12:55pm]

[As Tohka and Origami spar and Kurumi, Nia, Miku, and the twins do pilates, Kotori trains Yoshino, Mukuro, and Mana in a kata]

Kotori: Move slowly, girls. Feel the ground with your feet. Feel the wind with your hands.

[She and the other three girls do so and take cleansing breaths]

Kotori: Very good.

[Her Spirit Brace beeps]

Kotori: Uh-oh. Workout time's over, girls! [to her brace] Go ahead, MARIA.

MARIA: The robot that's been capturing children since last night is actually a Demonoid, and he's captured Natsumi.

Tohka: What about Shido?

MARIA: He was hurt while trying to save her.

Kotori: We'll teleport to the Fraxinus immediately.

[All 11 girls transport out of the warehouse and into the Fraxinus EX's infirmary, where Shido is resting]

Kotori: Oh, no! Big brother!

[She runs up to Shido]

Kotori: MARIA, is he gonna be okay?

MARIA: He took a nasty blow to the head, but he'll be fine soon. Right now, an even more urgent matter requires your attention.

Yoshino: That's right. What about Natsumi?

MARIA: All of you, observe the monitor.

[The girls observe the monitor; Gourdroid looks around for Shido]

Gourdroid: Come on, Shido! Where are you?! I'm not through with you yet!

MARIA: Now, take a look as I scan his gourd.

[She runs an X-ray scan on Gourdroid's gourd, revealing Natsumi trying to console the captive children]

MARIA: I only suspect that Gourdroid kidnapped the children to lure you Spirit Soldiers into a trap so he can turn you over to Westcott.

Tohka: We'll suit up and give Gourdroid a dose of his own medicine.

MARIA: But be careful. He could set a trap.

Mana: I'll stay here and take care of my brother. If you need me, just call.

Origami: Roger that, Mana.

Tohka, Miku, Kaguya, Yuzuru, Mukuro, Kotori, Yoshino, Kurumi, Nia, and Origami: Sephira, GO!

[They all get suited up, then transport to Gourdroid's location]

Gourdroid: Oh, the rest of the cavalry! Perfect timing!

Tohka: [whips out her saber] Release Natsumi and the kids!

Gourdroid: Never! Bandersnatch, get them!

[While the other Spirit Soldiers battle the Bandersnatch, Tohka fights Gourdroid]

Tohka: Don't think I've forgotten what you did to Shido!

Gourdroid: Angry girlfriend, eh? [punches Tohka in the gut, pushing her back to the others; laughs] Even after your leader recovers, you'll never get greenie or the kids back! They're doomed!

Origami: Stay cool, girls. We can't risk destroying that gourd. Natsumi and the kids might get killed in there.

Miku: They might already be suffering in there!

Yoshino: Let my friend go, you bully!

[She jumps up and tries to punch Gourdroid, but he punches her back to her teammates]

Tohka: Yoshino!

Gourdroid: Oh, you're all pretty steamed, eh? Not a problem with my fan!

[A staff-like fan with insect wings on top appears in his hands; he waves it in front of the Spirit Soldiers, blowing them far away]

Gourdroid: They were resilient, but I'll get them when they come back. That is, if they come back.

[Back at the Fraxinus infirmary, MARIA and Mana are shocked at what is happening to the Spirit Soldiers]

MARIA: We gotta do something fast!

Mana: Teleport them back here quickly!

[Maria initiates teleportation; the Spirit Soldiers reappear and land on the floor]

Origami: Thanks, MARIA. That was too close.

MARIA: Gourdroid's fan almost trapped you in another dimension.

Tohka: How's Shido?

Mana: He's improving.

Kotori: [looks down at Shido; holds his hand] Come on, bro. You gotta get better, for our sakes.

Kaguya: MARIA, how do we fight back against Gourdroid?

Yuzuru: Question. And how are we gonna get Natsumi and the kids out of that gourd?

MARIA: Your Sephira Voyagers can defeat him, but remember, you have to grab his gourd or otherwise set the captives free first.

Kurumi: But we need Shido's help.

Nia: We can't form the Sephira Robo without him.

Mukuro: And we can't form the Battle Jet without Natsumi.

Yoshino: Shido still doesn't look any better.

Tohka: Where are the bastards that did this to Shido?!

Kotori: And kidnapped Natsumi and the kids?

MARIA: Our scanners have traced them to Riverside Park.

[The monitor opens a channel to Riverside Park; Gourdroid has lunch with LN, JB, ZIEG, and Nervadrone]

JB: Pour me some of that Prosecco.

[A Bandersnatch unit pours her a glass of Prosecco]

Gourdroid: You're lucky you're cyborgs. I have to settle for oil.

[He takes a sip of motor oil]

Gourdroid: Care for a sip, ZIEG?

ZIEG: I'd rather eat dirt. Anyway, Gourdroid, you've done well in trapping a Spirit Soldier with those children. When the others return, let me overwhelm them so you can catch them, too.

Nervadrone: [takes the gourd] Gimme that thing. [uncorks it and looks inside] Enjoying our hospitality, kiddies?

Child B: Let us go!

[Using a slingshot, he shoots a rock at Nervadrone's face; Nervadrone screams]

Nervadrone: You've got some nerve, kid! This oughta shake you all up!

[She shakes the gourd fast; inside, everyone holds on for dear life]

Natsumi: Don't worry, kids. The Spirit Soldiers will save us. I know them well enough.

[Gourdroid laughs as he looks inside his gourd, then corks it]

Gourdroid: Ah, put a lid on it! No one can save you kids now!

[Cut back to the Fraxinus]

Miku: Poor Natsumi.

Kotori: And those kids, too.

Tohka: We're outta here! Back to action!

[Cut back inside the gourd; Natsumi kicks the wall, then sits down]

Natsumi: [in her mind] If only I could suit up. But my Spirit Brace doesn't work here. And even if it did, I can't suit up in front of all these kids.

[She puts her hands in her pockets, then suddenly extracts packs of smoke bombs]

Natsumi: [in her mind] My smoke bombs! I forgot I still had them in my pockets from my magic act! But they're just for special effects. Unless... [looks up] YES!

[Back at Riverside Park, the remaining 10 Spirit Soldiers ride their Sephira Cycles into the scene]

Tohka: You thought you could get rid of us, didn't you, Gourdroid?

Gourdroid: I figured you'd be back, so I'm not alone in this fight!

JB: Remember me, Red?

Kotori: The bitch in the tank. I haven't forgotten.

JB: Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am JB, top muscle of Neo-DEM's new line of generals. You already met LN, ZIEG, and Nervadrone.

Tohka: Oh, nice to meet you. Now, release Natsumi and those children at once!

Gourdroid: Only if you beat me!

[He whips out a tall metallic bow rake and fights Nia, Yoshino, Mukuro, the twins, and Miku with it; Tohka fights LN; Origami fights JB; Kotori fights ZIEG; Kurumi fights Nervadrone]

Gourdroid: You chicks will never beat Gourdroid. [shoots spikes at the Spirit Soldiers, hitting them]

Mukuro: You Demonoids really know how to force our hands, don't you?

Tohka: Assume Decad Formation!

[All 10 Spirit Soldiers form a pyramid and whip out their Spirit Pistols]

All 10: FIRE!

[They bring the tips of their pistols together and fire a decagon-shaped energy blast at the Demonoids, hitting all five of them; all five Demonoids fire missiles at the Spirit Soldiers, knocking them to the ground]

Spirit Soldiers: Send in the Sephira Voyagers!

[Their respective Sephira Voyagers fly into the scene; the Spirit Soldiers jump into the cockpits]

LN: Try to get past all five of us!

[She fires her Giga Beam laser at herself and the other four Demonoids; they enlarge]

[The Sephira Voyagers fire their lasers at the Demonoids, hitting them]

JB: [fires photon lasers from her shoulder cannons at the Voyagers] Try this on for size!

[The Sephira Voyagers take the hit; ZIEG fires blasts from his chest at the same targets, hitting them; Nervadrone shoots fireballs from the palms of her hands at the same targets, hitting them; LN strikes each one with her blade; Gourdroid does the same with his rake]

[Cut to the cockpit of Sephira Voyager White]

Origami: Nothing's working! We need Shido now!

[Cut to the cockpit of Sephira Voyager Red]

Kotori: What if he's still out cold?

[Cut to the cockpit of Sephira Voyager Violet]

Tohka: This is an emergency! I'll contact him!

[Back at the Fraxinus infirmary, Shido sits up]

Shido: Damn. What a headache.

[Mana hands him two pills of aspirin and a glass of water; Shido takes the pills and a sip of water]

Shido: Natsumi! She's in danger!

[His Spirit Brace beeps]

Tohka: Shido! Can you hear me?! We need you now!

Shido: Hang on, Tohka!

Mana: Brother, you're not 100%. You've gotta stay.

Shido: No way, Mana. The others need their leader. Sephira, GO!

[He gets suited up]

[Back at the park, Sephira Voyager Gold flies into battle]

Shido: Surprise, Demonoids!

[His Voyager fires photon missiles at the Demonoids, hitting them all]

ZIEG: Gold!

Kotori: All right, bro!

Shido: Sephira Voyagers, combine!

[His Voyager combines with White, Blue, Red, Fuchsia, and Violet to form the Sephira Robo]

[Cut to the cockpit]

Shido: Give Natsumi and the kids back!

Gourdroid: Try and take them!

[As the other Demonoids deal with the other five Sephira Voyagers, Gourdroid fights the Sephira Robo]

ZIEG: Don't let go of the gourd!

Gourdroid: Roger that, boss!

[He strikes the Sephira Robo with his rake; the Sephira Robo punches him back; both continue trading blows]

[Back in the gourd, Natsumi turns to the children]

Natsumi: Stay here, kids. I'm gonna try to get us out.

[She jumps up high and punches the cork out of the top]

Natsumi: [tosses the smoke bombs through the opening] Take this, Gourdroid!

[Outside, the fight continues, until Natsumi's smoke bombs hit Gourdroid in the eyes; they explode, releasing a huge burst of green smoke in Gourdroid's face]

Gourdroid: [coughs] Smoke bombs?! Damn it! I can't see a thing!

ZIEG: You idiot! It's a trick! MOVE!!

[In the confusion, the Sephira Robo, using its saber, knocks Gourdroid's gourd off the strap, causing it to hit the ground; a puff of smoke bursts out of the gourd, releasing Natsumi and all of the children]

Natsumi: Kids, go behind those trees where it's safe. I'll take it from here.

[The children hide behind nearby trees]

Natsumi: Send in my Sephira Voyager! Sephira, GO!

[She gets suited up and boards her oncoming Sephira Voyager]

ZIEG: The prisoners have escaped! Gourdroid, grab that gourd!

[The smoke has cleared away from Gourdroid's face]

Gourdroid: Yes, sir!

[He reaches for his gourd, but Sephira Voyager Green fires its lasers at the gourd, destroying it completely]

Gourdroid: NO! My beautiful gourd! How could you?!

Shido: Welcome back, Natsumi!

Natsumi: Thanks, Shido! Now let's finish them off!

Kurumi: Sephira Battle Jet, engage!

[Sephira Voyagers Gray, Black, Yellow, Green, and Orange combine to form the Sephira Battle Jet]

Natsumi: Jet Lasers, fire!

[The Battle Jet fires its Jet Lasers at the Demonoids, hitting them; the Sephira Robo slices Gourdroid's rake in half]

Gourdroid: You think you're hot sh*t, huh?! [whips out his fan] Well, my fan oughta cool you off!

[He waves his fan at the mecha, sending them flying backwards and hitting the ground]

ZIEG: We've got 'em on the run! Gourdroid, crush those kids while I finish 'em off!

Gourdroid: You got it!

[He marches toward the hiding children]

JB: Remember, destroy the mecha and capture the Spirit Soldiers.

LN: Killing them is Master Westcott's responsibility.

Nervadrone: You can weaken them, but no more.

ZIEG: [begrudgingly] Yeah, I got it.

[They march toward the mecha]

[Cut to the Sephira Battle Jet's cockpit]

Natsumi: The kids! We gotta save them!

Kurumi: Everybody get back up!

[Outside, the Sephira Robo gets back on its feet and lifts up the Battle Jet]

Shido: Interface sequence, initiate!

[The Sephira Robo and Battle Jet combine to form the Sephira Ultra Robo]

Spirit Soldiers: Sephira Ultra Robo, ready!

LN, JB, Nervadrone, and ZIEG: Uh-oh!

[The Sephira Ultra Robo strikes the four Demonoid generals with its Sephira Ultra Spear, then flies toward Gourdroid; he is about to strike down the children, who shield their eyes]

[Cut to the Sephira Ultra Robo's cockpit with all 12 Spirit Soldiers]

Natsumi: We gotta hurry! Sephira Ultra Swoop!

[Outside, the Sephira Ultra Spear glows; the Sephira Ultra Robo takes to the sky, then dive bombs Gourdroid with its spear and sends it flying into the river]

Gourdroid: [gets back on his feet, electrified] This can't be happening!

Shido: Time for an Emission Strike!

Natsumi: Hold on a sec!

[Gourdroid groans, falls into the river, and an explosion is shown; one of his chips flies out of the explosion and shatters to pieces; after the smoke clears, Gourdroid, back to his normal size, struggles to the river bank]

Gourdroid: You'll all pay for this, Spirit Soldiers! And your payment starts with those children!

[He approaches the children's hiding place]

[Cut back to the cockpit]

Natsumi: Not so fast, Gourdroid!

[She jumps out of the cockpit and flies on her broomstick toward Gourdroid]

Gourdroid: Spirit Soldier Green!

Natsumi: [points her Spirit Broomstick at Gourdroid] You think I've forgotten what you did to me and those kids?!

Gourdroid: [charges at Natsumi] Outta my way!

[He and Natsumi fight with their weapons; Natsumi smacks him repeatedly with the bristles of her broom]

Natsumi: Not good enough, you say? Spirit Broomstick, Cutlass Mode!

[Her broom converts to the Spirit Cutlass]

Natsumi: Any last words?

Gourdroid: [prepares to fire missiles] DIE!

Natsumi: [jumps up] Emerald Slash!

[Cowering, Gourdroid tries to shield himself with his fan, but Natsumi slices it in half and bisects Gourdroid with her cutlass; Gourdroid screams, falls to the ground, and a massive explosion is shown; his second chip flies out of the smoke; Natsumi slices it in half with her cutlass, vaporizing it; after the smoke clears, Gourdroid is gone; the children cheer; the other Spirit Soldiers join Natsumi]

Natsumi: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...!

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Spirit Soldiers!

ZIEG: Damn you, Spirit Soldiers! We won't forget this!

[He and the other generals vanish]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, Westcott is furious with ZIEG]

ZIEG: I tried to tell Gourdroid to step away from the smoke, but he ignored me. It's his fault the captives got out alive.

Westcott: ZIEG, there is no excuse. He was your Demonoid.

ZIEG: I'll do better next time, sir.

[He returns to his office]

ZIEG: The only thing Gourdroid succeeded in doing was keeping his mouth shut about me. [clenches his fist] Those Spirit Soldiers haven't heard the last of ZIEG.

[Carmine's, 1:33pm]

[Shido and Natsumi have lunch together; they watch a CBS2 News special report]

DuBois: Good afternoon, everybody. I'm Maurice DuBois with breaking news from Manhattan. Who are the Sephira Squadron Spirit Soldiers? And how do they get their superpowers? Whoever they are, they're to be commended once again, because thanks to them, the kidnapped children have all been returned home safely, and another one of the lethal Demonoids has been destroyed. How long will their reign of terror last? No one knows. But we can be sure that the Spirit Soldiers, as well as the superheroes of ACME Crime Net, whoever they are, will be there to protect us.

Natsumi: You know, Shido, taking care of those kids in the gourd made me feel like a mother.

Shido: You're not thinking what I think you're thinking, are you?

Natsumi: Not right now, silly. I need time to study. [whisper into Shido's ear] Plus, I wanna give Yoshino some tips.

Shido: [shudders] That's kinda a stretch.

Natsumi: Relax. She and I are growing up. We're almost done with high school.

Shido: Why don't we save that talk for when we get back and finish our lunch?

Natsumi: Okay.

[She continues eating her spaghetti]

[Clips from the next side-fic are shown]

Mukuro: A banquet at the warehouse? I'd be happy to sink my teeth into that.

Shido: Hold on. Who invited those three?

Kotori: And what's our teacher doing in this show?

Yoshino: And we have a bat to deal with, too?!

Mukuro: Next time: Banquet Battle. Vigilance, dedication, courage!

Last edited by TVLubber (6/18/2023 6:24 am)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera