ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2021 10:58 pm  #1

Side-Fic 344: Live

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Shido: Don't miss out on this exciting episode! Same rules apply, though. Lights on, good distance away from the monitor. Here we go!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[132 Madison Street, Tuesday, October 8th, 9:33am]

[Tohka, Yoshino, and Miku watch Live with Kelly and Ryan on TV]

Yoshino: American talk shows are amazing.

Miku: Especially if they're live, like this one.

Tohka: Look at Ryan Seacrest. He's almost as cool as Shido!

Yoshinon: And I like Kelly Ripa's cute smile.

Tohka: [sighs] I'd give anything for a ticket.

[Shido walks up to them]

Shido: Don't you girls ever get tired of watching so much TV?

Miku: I put 'em up to it, Darling. I wanted them to know more about American talk shows.

Shido: Don't you know too much TV is...?

Yoshino: ...not good for you. We know. Too much of anything is no good.

Yoshinon: But TV is not always bad.

Tohka: They say it's a way of communicating and educating. Yoshino and I watch a lot of Nova and Nature, and that's how we get good grades.

Kotori: [approaches] Hey, guys, you won't believe this news.

[She shows Shido a printed copy of a signed letter]

Shido: "Dear Ratatoskr, we've heard all about your Spirit Soldiers' great efforts in protecting our city and are big fans. We were wondering if they could appear on my show as special guests to spread a special message about the power of education. Michael Gelman, executive producer of Live with Kelly and Ryan."

Tohka: [spits out her OJ] Kelly and Ryan want us on the show?! Guys!

[Origami, Nia, Kurumi, Mukuro, Natsumi, and the Yamai twins come out of the guest room]

Kurumi: Tohka, what's the matter?

Tohka: What's the matter? [hands Kurumi the letter] Look at this!

Kurumi: A letter signed by the executive producer of Live?

Nia: Asking us to appear on the show?!

Kotori: Elliot already said yes, and we're scheduled to appear on tomorrow's show.

[The others squeal with excitement]

Mukuro: Please catch me, husband! I think I'm gonna faint!

Natsumi: Us, on a talk show?!

Kaguya: Yuzuru, please pinch me so I can end this dream!

Yuzuru: Acknowledge. Will do. [pinches her twin]

Kaguya: OW! Take it easy!

Yuzuru: Apology. Sorry, Kaguya, but this is no dream.

Origami: I, for one, am stupefied.

Natsumi: And personally, I'm pretty nervous. I've never actually been on TV before.

Kotori: You don't have to be nervous, Natsumi. We're all gonna be in our Spirit Soldier suits. No one will know who we are.

Shido: Trust me, Natsumi, it'll be a blast. If you think about it, it's the perfect opportunity to reach out to young people all over the world with a very positive and important message.

Natsumi: Yeah, I guess so.

[Mana comes out of the guest room drying her hair with a towel]

Mana: What's all this excitement about?

Shido: Mana, great news. Us Spirit Soldiers are gonna appear on Live tomorrow!

Mana: Live?

Tohka: The show I'm watching right now.

[Mana turns to the TV]

Kelly: [on Live] We just received word that the amazing Spirit Soldiers are expected to appear in tomorrow's show with a very important message to all the young viewers watching.

Ryan: Better get those DVRs ready, parents. Your kids are gonna wanna come home to see this.

Mana: [surprised] You're really gonna appear on the show tomorrow?!

Miku: Yeah! It's gonna be fun!

[Ai, Mai, and Mii enter with excitement]

Ai: Hey, guys! Guess what?!

Shido: Don't tell me-- You found out who the Spirit Soldiers were?

Mai: No. But we will soon.

Ai: [shows the gang passes] Mai and Mii and I got backstage passes to Live with Kelly and Ryan in person tomorrow!

Miku: Whoa! Backstage?!

Ai: A friend of mine who works at the studio hooked us up.

Mai: [notices the TV] Oh! I see you're watching the show already. I guess you've already heard the news that the Spirit Soldiers are appearing on the show tomorrow.

Tohka: Yeah. Wait, are you planning to unmask them on national television?

Mii: Mm-hmm.

Ai: You guys really oughta get tickets. You don't wanna miss out.

Shido: That's okay. We'll record the show.

[Ai shrugs; she and her group exit]

Shido: Whew. C'mon, girls. We gotta get busy!

[Neo-DEM Industries HQ, 10:04am]

[LN enters Westcott's office]

Westcott: Yes?

LN: I just received word that the Spirit Soldiers are going to appear live on a daytime talk show tomorrow morning. They intend to send a message to the young people.

Westcott: I suggest creating evil versions of them, then once they're complete, capture the real ones so we can transfer their powers into the evil copies.

LN: Excellent idea. That way, not only will the evil Spirit Soldiers know everything the real ones know, but the real ones will be powerless to stop them. I'll get started right away. I'm sure they'll be ready before sunrise. [leaves]

Westcott: Those evil twins will spread their own message, and that'll either allow the viewers to follow their message or despise the Spirit Soldiers forever. Either way, I'll win. But in the meantime, I'll create a new Demonoid, just in case.

[Lincoln Square, Wednesday, October 9th, 8:38am]

[The suited-up Spirit Soldiers ride their Sephira Cycles all the way to the WABC 7 studio]

Tohka: You guys, I am so excited to be on Live. I was hoping to just get a ticket, but now I actually get to be in the show!

Shido: Yeah, it's such an honor. Awesome way to spread our message.

Miku: You know what? I think this superhero stuff makes me feel like more of a star than ever.

[Suddenly, LN and an army of Bandersnatch units appear, blocking their path; the Spirit Soldiers stop]

LN: Hold it right there, Spirit Soldiers!

Shido: Bandersnatch!

Tohka: And LN!

Kotori: Come on, guys! Let's cancel this chrome creeps!

[They back away on their cycles, then gain speed and charge at the Demonoids]

LN: Crush them, Bandersnatch! But don't destroy them!

[The Bandersnatch charge at the Spirit Soldiers]

Shido: Sephira Cycles, Air Strike!

[The Sephira Cycles take to the sky and strike the Bandersnatch one at a time, then land]

LN: Fight, you chrome klutzes!

[The Bandersnatch get back on their feet, leap up, and lunge at the Spirit Soldiers]

Tohka: Spirit Pistols, up!

[The Spirit Soldiers whip out their pistols and fire upon the Bandersnatch, hitting them in the emblems, vaporizing them]

LN: What is wrong with those units these days?!

Origami: You're next, LN! [fires a blast from her Spirit Launcher at LN] Spirit Launcher, FIRE!

[The blast strikes LN]

LN: You'll pay for that, impudent ex-Wizard! This isn't the end of it! I'll be back for you later! [vanishes]

[The Spirit Soldiers stop their cycles]

Yoshino: What was that all about?

Kurumi: Westcott is up to something.

Miku: Yeah, and LN said she'd be back later.

Nia: Why didn't the Fraxinus warn us this time?

Shido: Never mind. This show's over for now.

Tohka: We're almost at the TV station, and the show's gonna start in less than half an hour.

Origami: Let's ride, soldiers!

[They all take off on their cycles]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, Westcott is furious at LN]

Westcott: You dare to let them get away again?

LN: They were too much for me and my Bandersnatch, sir.

Westcott: Without the Spirit Soldiers, their evil duplicates are useless. Luckily for you, I'm giving my newest Demonoid Cameradrone a few final touches before I send him into the city and occupy the Spirit Soldiers' Wizard friends. As for you, leave me.

LN: Yes, Master Westcott. [exits]

[WABC-TV Studio, 9:15am]

[A crowd cheers before Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest themselves and starts chanting: "We want the Spirit Soldiers!"]

Ryan: Look at this crowd, Kelly! They really wanna meet the Spirit Soldiers so badly!

Kelly: I say we grant their wish, Ryan. [to the crowd] You want 'em, you got 'em!

[A montage of the Spirit Soldiers' battles is shown]

Kelly: Throughout the past two years, you've come to know and love them as superheroes fighting against all odds, be they easy or unbeatable, and fighting all sorts of enemies and protecting us from the forces of evil.

Ryan: These 12 young people are the proponents of commiseration and good will, and here they are today, making their national television debut as the worldwide envoys of the International Education Council.

[The montage ends]

Ryan: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the one and only Sephira Squadron Spirit Soldiers!

[The crowd cheers; the Spirit Soldiers jump on stage one by one and pose:]

Shido: Ace trooper of courage! Spirit Soldier Gold!

Origami: Crown trooper of light! Spirit Soldier White!

Nia: Wisdom trooper of revelation! Spirit Soldier Gray!

Kurumi: Understanding trooper of shadows! Spirit Soldier Black!

Yoshino: Kindness trooper of ice! Spirit Soldier Blue!

Kotori: Severity trooper of fire! Spirit Soldier Red!

Mukuro: Beauty trooper of authority! Spirit Soldier Yellow!

Natsumi: Victory trooper of forgery! Spirit Soldier Green!

Kaguya and Yuzuru: Splendor troopers of wind! Spirit Soldier Orange!

Miku: Foundation trooper of sound! Spirit Soldier Fuchsia!

Tohka: Kingdom trooper of energy! Spirit Soldier Violet!

Shido: Spiritual powers of 12, unite as one! Sephira Squadron...!

All 12: Spirit Soldiers!

[The crowd cheers; the Spirit Soldiers take a bow and take their seats, facing Kelly and Ryan]

Kelly: Fabulous entrance, guys.

Tohka: Thanks, Kelly.

Ryan: You know, it's really an honor having you all here this morning.

Shido: Well, Ryan, we're here to spread a strong message to the young people of the world. A good way to be cool is to stay in school.

Tohka: Believe it or not, kids, sometimes it's the only way to get ahead in life.

[The crowd cheers again]

Kelly: That's great advice, Spirit Soldiers. [to the camera] And we'll be back with more Spirit Soldier fun after this break. So don't go anywhere!

[Meanwhile, backstage, Ai's group is watching]

Ai: Damn, this is so exciting.

Mai: I know. Kelly and Ryan are so cool in person.

Ai: I wasn't talking about them, Mai. I meant the Spirit Soldiers.

Mai: Oh. Them, too.

Ai: Okay, girls. Makeup.

[She and her group whip out their compact makeup kits and carefully apply makeup to themselves]

Ai: We don't wanna glow on camera.

Mai: Once we yank the Spirit Soldiers' helmets, we'll be famous!

Mii: You betcha.

[Later, back on stage, the show is back from commercial break]

Ryan: And we're back. For those of you who just tuned in, the Spirit Soldiers just taught us here in the studio that staying in school helps youths to be cool.

Kelly: Now, Spirit Soldiers, did staying in school actually help you become who you are today?

Origami: Let's put it this way. You can't become a superhero without first developing your mind.

Nia: And try to get good grades. It sure helps a great deal.

Kurumi: Our education has even helped us to outsmart the evil Demonoids.

Yoshino: About every one of those robotic demons we've faced had some certain skills that required us to use our heads.

Ryan: Could you give us an example?

Kotori: Oh, yeah. Just at the end of August, a Demonoid called Cybat was scarfing down on the city's food supply.

Mukuro: He may have been robotic, but he was so disgusting. It almost seemed like he couldn't be beaten. He even swallowed our weapons, whole!

Ryan: Yikes! So what'd you do to stop him?

Natsumi: We used our heads and discovered that Cybat, despite being a robot, couldn't handle spicy foods.

Kaguya: So we lured him with food to make him seem like he was celebrating.

Yuzuru: Continue. But little did he know that we snuck jalapeño peppers into his sandwich.

Miku: Once he ate the sandwich, it made him so sick, he spit out everything he ate, including our weapons.

Tohka: In the end, the peppers completely weakened the monster, giving Spirit Soldier Yellow the opportunity to finish him off.

Kelly: Fantastic! You sure know how to use your heads.

Natsumi: We also used our heads to use teamwork to fight a nasty fire-themed Demonoid called Pyroid.

Ryan: Oh, I've heard about him. He almost set the city on fire. For the benefit of those who haven't seen the action, how'd you beat him?

Natsumi: Well, all we did was bring our trusty Sephira Shields together to create a reflective barrier. It bounced his flame attacks right back at him, but 12 times stronger.

Shido: Spirit Soldier Gray then distracted Pyroid, giving Spirit Soldier Black the chance to stop him in his tracks with her musket.

Nia: In turn, it gave me the chance to finish him off. Well, one of his computer chips. Next, he grew, and we brought all our Sephira Voyagers together and blasted him out of existence, along with his other chip.

Kelly: Cool. Now, could you show our viewers how you do those awesome flying kicks?

Origami: Sure, Kelly. How about if I give you two a little lesson?

[The crowd urges the hosts to try]

Ryan: I'm game. Kel?

Kelly: Okay.

[They get out of their seats and join Origami in the middle of the stage]

Origami: That's the spirit.

Kelly: This should be fun.

Origami: Now, the first step is the correct stance.

[They do the appropriate stance]

Origami: Put your weight on your rearmost legs, bend your knees, and push off.

[She puts her weight on her back leg, then bends, then pushes off and does a flying kick; the crowd applauds]

Origami: See? Try it.

Ryan: You go first, Kelly.

Kelly: No, no, you.

Origami: Why don't you both go at once?

[Unable to argue, Kelly and Ryan shrug]

Origami: Just remember the most important thing: Focus.

Kelly: Okay. Here we go, Ryan.

Ryan: Copy that.

[They stance, put their weight on their back legs, bend, push off, and try to do a flying kick, but hit the floor; the crowd laughs and applauds]

Ryan: Trust me, kids, don't try this one at home.

[Origami helps him and Kelly up and back to their seats]

Origami: Ryan's right, kids. It takes a lot of training to perfect those flying kicks. I should know. I've been into self-defense ever since I was a kid.

Ryan: We'll be right back with more Spirit Soldier action after this.

[Back at the warehouse, Mana, Mikie, Mildred, and Ryouko watch the show and laugh]

Mana: That's our master sergeant!

Ryouko: And I totally agree with their message earlier. Staying in school does make for a good hero.

Mikie: But don't you think some kids will find it boring?

Mildred: I doubt that. The Spirit Soldiers are quite popular all over the world.

[The alarm blares]

Ryouko: The alarm! Lab, girls!

[She and the other three head for the lab; the monitor opens a channel to Isham Park, where the Demonoid Cameradrone is attacking]

Mikie: A camera-like Demonoid?

Mana: This is serious. We'd better keep him busy while we wait for the Spirit Soldiers.

Ryouko: Mildred, stand by. If something goes wrong, let the Spirit Soldiers know.

Mildred: Yes, Ryouko.

[Ryouko, Mikie, and Mana exit the warehouse]

[At Isham Park, Cameradrone frightens citizens away with his blinding flash]

Cameradrone: One look at my flash, and you'll have one hell of an eyesore! [laughs] Cameradrone, you sly devil, you.

[Suddenly, Mana bursts in and kicks him in the back]

Mana: Stop right there!

Cameradrone: [turns around] Oh, a Wizard. Oh, well. Westcott did tell me your powers were low. [whips out a sword] Time to take you out!

Mana: [whips out her shinai] Two can play at this game.

[She and Cameradrone fight; Ryouko and Mikie, in their Combat Wiring Suits, fly into the scene with their blades]

Ryouko: We've got your back, Mana!

[She and Mikie join Mana and fight Cameradrone]

Cameradrone: You bitches really bug me.

[He ties the girls up one by one using film strips as rope and zaps them with lightning]

Mana: That does it! Equip, Vanagandr!

[She gets equipped with her CR-Unit and breaks everyone free]

Mana: Prepare to eat my Wolftail!

[She strikes Cameradrone with her blade]

Cameradrone: Flash!

[He unleashes a blinding flash upon Mana and the others, who shield their eyes]

Mana: Time to switch gears! Equip, Murakumo!

[She switches to her original CR-Unit Murakumo]

Cameradrone: [suddenly stops his flash] What?! Where'd that come from?!

Mana: It's a good thing Ratatoskr still had my old unit handy. [whips out twin blades from her shoulder pads] Say your prayers, Cameradrone! [releases a star-shaped net of air slashes upon Cameradrone] Lightning Strike Gallery!

[Cameradrone screams as he gets zapped]

Cameradrone: Bandersnatch, get them!

[An army of Bandersnatch units appears and charges at the Wizards]

Mikie: We'll hold off these guys, Mana. Cameradrone's all yours.

Mana: Thanks, Mikie. But this better be quick.

[As the other two fight the Bandersnatch, Mana fights Cameradrone again]

Cameradrone: Since you're too good for my flash, I'll just have to tear you to shreds with my sword!

Mana: Try all you want. It'll do you no good.

[Cameradrone punches Mana backwards]

Mana: Cheap shot, son of a bitch!

[She tosses her blades at Cameradrone like boomerangs, hitting him; Mana catches her blades]

Mana: Let's see you take this! Wither!

[She dashes toward Cameradrone and strikes him twice, then unleashes energy lasers, which she controls to strike Cameradrone in all directions; the electrified Cameradrone screams, falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown; one of his chips flies out; Mana slices it in half]

Mana: That's one.

[Back at the Bandersnatch fight, the enemy units strike Ryouko and Mikie, who in turn strike them in the emblem with their gatling guns, vaporizing them all]

Ryouko: That's the last of 'em.

Mikie: Another one bites the dust. Nice work, Mana.

Mana: He's not finished yet, guys.

[Cameradrone emerges from the smoke, reassembled]

Cameradrone: That's right. That first chip was just the appetizer. Now for the entree!

[He looks up at the sky and creates a screen with his laser eyes; the screen shows a robotic dragon, which fires a burst of flames at the Wizards, hitting them all; they all hit the ground and revert to normal as the laser screen and dragon vanish]

Cameradrone: Cheesy, I'll admit, but very deadly. You mere Wizards will never amount to anything.

Mana: [gets back on her feet] Wrong. I may not be a Spirit Soldier, but my big brother has always taught me never to give up!

[She grabs her shinai and is about to strike, but Cameradrone grabs her by the neck]

Cameradrone: You forget that my second chip gives me more strength than my first ever did. Or didn't he ever teach you?

[He slams Mana to the ground]

Mana: You stubborn Demonoid!

Ryouko: [to her earwig walkie-talkie] Mildred, contact the Spirit Soldiers and have 'em meet us at Isham Park!

Mildred: But they're still on TV!

Ryouko: Mana's safety takes precedence! Hurry!

Mildred: Right!

[Back at Live, the interview continues as Ai and her group are ready]

Ai: As soon as they're about to leave, we'll jump in and pull their helmets off.

Mai: But we'd better do it fast. You know they can teleport.

Mii: Understood.

Shido: Believe it or not, Ryan, Spirit Soldier Red was actually the very first Spirit Soldier.

Kotori: That's right. And after I discovered my new powers, I decided to share them with my brother and my friends, so my lab guys made suits for the others, and here we are now.

Ryan: Cool story.

[Shido's Spirit Brace beeps]

Mildred: Spirit Soldiers, do you copy?

Shido: What's the matter?

Mildred: It's another Demonoid. Teleport here at once.

Shido: Gotcha. [to the others] Let's go, ladies.

Other Spirit Soldiers: Roger!

[They get out of their seats]

Kelly: Oh, so soon?

Ryan: Where are you guys going?

Shido: Kelly, Ryan, we're really sorry we have to cut this visit short, but duty calls. [turns to the camera] But remember what we said earlier, kids. Don't be a fool.

All Spirit Soldiers: Stay in school!

[The crowd cheers in agreement; Ai's group is ready]

Ai: Now!

[She, Mai, and Mii charge]

Ryan: Good luck, Spirit Soldiers!

[The Spirit Soldiers teleport out of the studio; Ai, Mai, and Mii take a leap, but land flat on the floor]

Ai, Mai, and Mii: Damn.

[They get back on their feet]

Kelly: Could someone call security?

Ai: No need, Kelly. We'll show ourselves out. [to the crowd and to the camera] Sorry you had to see this, folks.

Mii: Foiled again.

Mai: Let's go, guys.

[They head out]

Kelly: Who were those three?

Ryan: Must be avid fans of the Spirit Soldiers. Oh, well. On with the show.

[Fraxinus EX, 9:47am]

[The Spirit Soldiers, helmets off, appear; they notice the monitor showing the fight at Isham Park, where Cameradrone has the Wizards cornered; Cameradrone whips Mana in the back repeatedly with his sword]

MARIA: Spirit Soldiers, this is Westcott's Demonoid Cameradrone.

Origami: What a mindless mass of steel and glass.

Tohka: Forget about his looks!

Kotori: Look what he's doing to Mana!

Karen: When Cameradrone attacked, she and the other Wizards jumped in to stop him. They already destroyed one of his chips, but his second one has made him so violent, the Wizards can't stop him.

Shido: You've said enough, Karen. C'mon, girls. Lights, camera, back to action!

[He and the Spirit Soldiers don their helmets and teleport to the park; Shido, Spirit Knuckles on hand, punches Cameradrone before he can stab her]

Shido: Mana, are you okay?

Mana: Big Brother,... [coughs]

Shido: [looks at Mana's bleeding back] Oh, my God!

Mana: It's just cuts. I'll be fine.

Cameradrone: Sadly, there's a price to be paid for betraying Westcott.

[Shido clenches his fists in fury]

Shido: Your boss deserved to be betrayed for what he did to her in the first place. The only one who's gonna pay is you!

Cameradrone: We'll see about that.

Shido: Ryouko, Mikie, keep an eye on my sister. We'll handle this creep.

Ryouko: [whips out a first-aid kit] Don't worry, Shido. She's in good hands.

[Suddenly, LN and an army of Bandersnatch units appear before the Spirit Soldiers]

LN: Spirit Soldiers, your doom is near!

Origami: LN again!

LN: That's right. I told you I'd be back for you. And now, I'm here! [turns to Cameradrone] Oh, but first, Cameradrone, how's about shooting some really big action sequences?

[She fires her handheld Giga Beam laser at Cameradrone, enlarging him]

Shido: Guys, leave this one to me and the Sephira Racer. You deal with LN.

Tohka: Got it, Shido.

[She and the Spirit Soldiers fight LN and her army]

Shido: Send in the Sephira Racer!

[The Sephira Racer enters the scene; Shido gets in the car]

Shido: [turns the key] Convert to Battle Formation!

[Outside, the Sephira Racer enlarges and converts to Battle Formation, facing Cameradrone]

Cameradrone: It's time to cut to the chase!

[He binds the Sephira Racer by the arms with his film and zaps it]

Cameradrone: I'll thrash you like I did your sister!

[He looks up at the sky and creates his laser screen; the screen shows the same robotic dragon, which fires a burst of flames at the Sephira Racer]

Shido: Racer Missile, fire!

[The Sephira Racer fires a missile from its chest at the dragon, vaporizing it and the laser screen]

Cameradrone: [screams] My dragon!

[The Sephira Racer's saber appears; the racer slices the film binding it]

Cameradrone: Look what you did to my film! [growls; whips out his sword] All right, Gold! This is your final scene!

[He charges at the Sephira Racer and leaps up, but the Sephira Racer strikes him to the ground with its saber; the saber energizes to full power; the Sephira Racer's engines roar as it dashes toward Cameradrone]

Shido: Sephira Racer, Tornado Strike! FINAL ATTACK!

[The Sephira Racer spins around like a tornado and strikes Cameradrone hard with its saber; Cameradrone screams, falls to the ground, and engulfs in a massive explosion; his second chip flies out, shattered to pieces; the Sephira Racer poses triumphantly]

Shido: Termination complete!

[Back on the ground, the Spirit Soldiers have finished off the Bandersnatch; Tohka and LN fight with their swords]

Tohka: I know you're in there, Ellen. We'll get you out somehow.

LN: Ellen's gone! This is who I am now!

Tohka: Shut up!

[She kicks LN back, then strikes her with her glowing saber]

LN: You stubborn gorilla. [points her left-arm cannon at Tohka] This is where you and your friends bid farewell.

[Suddenly, the being inside her tries to burst out again]

LN: No! Don't do this to me again!

Ryouko: Tohka, what are you waiting for?!

Mikie: Destroy her!

Tohka: I can't! That glowing being inside her!

LN: [pulls the being back inside] You will not escape me! [grunts and pants heavily] You win this time, Spirit Soldiers. But the next battle will be mine! [vanishes]

[Shido jumps out of the Sephira Racer's cockpit and joins the others; the Spirit Soldiers revert to normal]

Shido: You girls all right?

Tohka: Yes, Shido. But LN got away again.

Origami: Before she escaped, though, that glowing thing started to slime out of LN again.

Mana: [as Mikie bandages her back] It has to be Ellen Mathers. That's why Tohka didn't destroy her.

Ryouko: But wasn't Ellen--?

Mikie: She lost her memories of ever working under DEM and has turned over a new leaf. Remember? She became a teacher at Raizen High School.

Kotori: And since LN appeared, Ellen had gone missing. Ellen has to be the being locked inside of her.

Shido: Whatever the case, even if it's not Ellen, we have to save whoever's locked inside her before anyone destroys her. Right now, let's get back to the warehouse.

[They all teleport out]

[132 Madison Street, 12:02pm]

[In Shido's group's room, Mana plays Arcade Archives Pinball on her Nintendo Switch Lite; Shido enters]

Shido: How's that back?

Mana: Never felt better, Big Brother.

Shido: But if you saw a Demonoid was attacking, why didn't you contact us right away?

Mana: [pauses the game] Mana didn't wanna interrupt your big interview. Besides, the other Wizards and I did our best to keep Cameradrone busy, and we took out one of his chips before you showed up.

Shido: Yeah, that's true. But you used up a lot of energy in doing so.

Mana: Mana was only trying to help. After Kotori let Mana move in with you and her, I vowed to do everything I could to help you after all our years apart. Cook for you, clean for you, fight for you. But in the end, I'm just a burden, aren't I?

Shido: Not at all. If you really were a burden, you wouldn't be holding that console.

[Mana has a flashback of two weeks prior, when Shido surprised her with the Switch Lite, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and a $50 eShop gift card; Mana squeals and hugs Shido]

Mana: [in flashback] Thanks, Brother! You're the best!

Shido: [in flashback] You deserve it for all that hard work.

[Back to the present]

Mana: Mana will never forget it. But you don't always have to reward Mana's loyalty with gifts. I only help you because I want to. Material gifts are okay, but what I expect most in return is your love.

[She hugs Shido; he pats her on the head and kisses her; Tohka bursts in]

Tohka: Guys! Check this out!

[The others follow; Tohka shows her phone, which is on the Twitter app; many tweets are talking about the Spirit Soldiers on Live With Kelly and Ryan]

Tohka: Everyone on Twitter is talking about our message! [points at one Tweet after another] Look! "#SpiritSoldiers reached out and touched me!" "#SpiritSoldiers say school is cool, so do I."

Shido: You see, Natsumi? It took a lot of courage to get in front of that camera and help give that message. [pats Natsumi on the head] You were brave.

Natsumi: [shyly] Well, I suppose so.

Mana: [puts down her Switch Lite] Mana's starved. Anyone want McDonald's?

Ryouko: I'll order. It's my treat. [opens her phone] What would you like?

Shido: Next time: Broom Ball.

Last edited by TVLubber (5/12/2023 5:35 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera