ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2021 10:45 pm  #1

Side-Fic 346: Destination: Dionaea

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Kurumi: Before watching the show, turn on your lights and do not sit too close to the monitor. Let's get to it!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[Central Park, Sunday, October 13th, 9:12am]

[Shido and Kurumi take a walk in the park, with baby Kazumi in a stroller]

Kurumi: Isn't this cute, Shido? Our baby's first stroller ride.

Shido: Yep. I can only imagine what it'll be like after Tohka and Miku's babies are born.

Kurumi: Oh, I'm sure they'll have a good time like Kazumi is now.

[She carefully tickles Kazumi's nose; Kazumi giggles]

Kurumi: Shido, I never got the chance to ask-- How did Chiyo's first stroller ride go?

Shido: About as smoothly as you'd expect. Aside from a few noisy ass-wipes that made her cry, Origami and I made sure she had a good time.

Kurumi: Hey, uh, did you and Mana ever find out about your real parents? I'm sure the babies would love to meet their real grandparents.

Shido: Nothing yet. Ratatoskr's still doing some digging. But ZIEG, one of Westcott's generals, might know something.

Kurumi: I doubt he's ever gonna talk.

[Ai, Mai, and Mii pop up from behind a tree in costumes]

Kurumi: Oh, hi, you guys.

Shido: Testing out new costumes for Halloween, huh?

Ai: These aren't our Halloween costumes, Shido.

[She and her group don Bandersnatch masks]

Ai: We're going undercover as Bandersnatch.

Mai: Only the Spirit Soldiers have the guts to stop us.

Mii: And when they try, we'll know who they are.

Ai: Watch this.

[She and her group start moving around on the grass like real Bandersnatch, accidentally stepping on a picnic cloth; Ai accidentally steps on a pie; a trio of female picnickers notice]

Picnicker A: Right on our pie, you dorks!

[She smacks Ai in the leg with her purse]

Ai: OW! C'mon, guys!

[She and her group exit; Shido and Kurumi laugh, as does Kazumi]

Kurumi: Now that's more like the Bandersnatch.

[Neo-DEM Industries HQ, 9:20am]

[Westcott and ZIEG view a floating island on the monitor]

ZIEG: Behold, the island of Dionaea, located in an abandoned dimension. It'll be the perfect trap for the Spirit Soldiers. When they arrive to rescue a prisoner, they'll fall victim to the island's sole resident: Venusborg.

Westcott: That would be a top-notch idea, ZIEG, except we have no prisoners.

ZIEG: Not yet. [opens a channel to Central Park] The Bandersnatch and I will take that baby to Dionaea.

Westcott: Very well. But don't harm her. Just teach those two a lesson.

[He prints out a note and hands it to ZIEG]

Westcott: Take this. If we're to lead the Spirit Soldiers to the island, they need to know where it is.

ZIEG: I won't fail you, sir. [vanishes]

Westcott: I can't wait to see the look on Spirit Soldier Gold's face when that baby disappears. When the Spirit Soldiers arrive on the island to rescue the baby, we'll ransom her, for Mana Takamiya.

[Back at the park, ZIEG and an army of Bandersnatch units appear before Shido and Kurumi, blocking their path]

ZIEG: Don't move!

Shido: ZIEG!

Kurumi: Back off!

ZIEG: You see what happens when you enrage the Demonoids?! This is the price you pay for your insolence! Bandersnatch, restrain them!

[The Bandersnatch surround Shido and Kurumi on all sides and push them back as ZIEG grabs Kazumi's stroller]

Kurumi: Oh, no! Kazumi! [runs toward ZIEG] Let go of her!

ZIEG: You're too late, Kurumi. The baby is ours!

[He drops the note to the ground, then vanishes with the stroller and his Bandersnatch]

Kurumi: NO! [falls to her knees in tears] Kazumi!

Shido: Keep calm, Kurumi. [grabs the note] Maybe this will tell us where he took her. [reads the note] "You have one hour within which to retrieve the prisoner from the island of Dionaea. If you fail, the prisoner will become the Demonoids' permanent slave. ZIEG."

Kurumi: [gets back on her feet] Shido, take us to the Fraxinus and warn the others.

[Fraxinus EX, 9:30am]

[The rest of Shido's group is gathered, alongside Mana, Ryouko, Mildred, and Mikie]

Karen: Baby Kazumi's been kidnapped?!

Elliot: This is indeed serious. And where is this island of Dionaea, exactly?

Origami: Let me run a multidimensional search.

[She walks up to the main control console and runs a search throughout dimensions]

Origami: It's definitely not here in this dimension. And wherever this dimension is, our transportal device will get us there.

[Suddenly, the alarm blares; the monitor opens a channel to Dionaea, where Venusborg (a Venus flytrap-like Demonoid) awaits]

Tohka: [scoffs] Fine time for a Demonoid alert.

Origami: Wait. This Demonoid's location could be the dimension we're looking for.

[She locks on to Venusborg's coordinates and scans them]

Origami: Yes! It's the deserted island of Dionaea. It had been abandoned for centuries.

Kurumi: All right. Enough with the trivia. Where is that Demonoid keeping my daughter?!

[Origami scans the island until she finds Kazumi, still in her stroller, trapped in a cave in the center of the island; little by little, red fog slowly starts to surround Kazumi's body]

Origami: Oh, my God!

Shido: What's happening to her?!

Karen: If what the note said is true, the Demonoids are trying to make Kazumi evil. Once that red fog takes over her whole body, she'll be a permanent member of the Demonoids.

Kurumi: [shakes her fists] We'll see about that!

Origami: Who's got the transportal device?

Shido: [whips out said device] Right here.

[He inputs Dionaea's coordinates on the device to open a portal outside the Fraxinus leading to the island]

Kotori: Hang on, everybody! Full speed ahead!

[Outside, the Fraxinus flies into the portal, which then closes; in the other dimension, a portal opens, and through it comes the Fraxinus, which hovers over the island of Dionaea]

[Cut back inside]

Kotori: All right, Spirit Soldiers. Time to move out. [to the crew] Have the mecha ready, just in case.

Crew: Yes, ma'am!

Mana: I'm going with you guys.

Mikie: No, maybe you should stay.

Mildred: We might need you here.

Ryouko: They have a point. Your powers are still low.

Elliot: They're right, Mana. If Westcott should force a long fight, it could drain the last of your Wizard energy.

Mana: Then I'll report back here if he tries to pull anything. Besides, Kazumi's my responsibility, too. She's my niece.

Shido: All right. Let's go.

[He, Tohka, Miku, the Yamai twins, Natsumi, Mukuro, Kotori, Yoshino, Kurumi, Nia, Origami, and Mana teleport out of the ship to the island]

Shido: Follow me, girls.

[He and his group trek through the island, eyeing unusual Venus flytraps along the way]

Tohka: Look at these freaky plants.

Miku: Try and stay focused.

Yoshino: Kazumi needs us.

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG has seen it all]

ZIEG: They've taken the bait! Now to spring our trap! Venusborg, get ready for action!

[Back on the island, Venusborg appears before Shido's group]

Venusborg: Ah! You're here! Welcome to Dionaea, Spirit Soldiers, and little Miss ex-Wizard. I do hope you enjoy your stay, which will be eternal! [laughs] I an Venusborg, sole inhabitant of this island, and as you can see, I'm all-powerful. Why not give up the ship and spare yourselves the pain?

Shido: Fat chance! We're here for my daughter!

Venusborg: Oh! That baby is yours?! This is even better than ZIEG had planned! Not that it matters. I'm gonna destroy you all anyway!

[She opens the leaves on her head, firing a burst of green energy at the gang]

Shido: Sephira, GO!

[He, Tohka, Miku, the Yamai twins, Natsumi, Mukuro, Kotori, Yoshino, Kurumi, Nia, and Origami get suited up and form their Sephira Shield, reflecting the blast right back at Venusborg, who swallows it up with the leaves on her chest; the Spirit Soldiers fight her over the next minute]

Mana: Lemme trim this weed!

[She jumps up and strikes Venusborg with her shinai, but Venusborg pushes her back]

Venusborg: Time for an early lunch!

[She opens her chest leaves, sucking everyone but Origami, Kurumi, and Mana inside her body; she closes her leaves]

Mana: Brother! Guys! Let 'em out now, bulb breath!

Venusborg: I'll let 'em out, as soon as you give up the last of your Wizard powers and submit yourself to Mr. Westcott.

Kurumi: I won't let her join the forces of evil!

Venusborg: Whatever. I was very hungry, anyway.

Mana: This calls for a CR-Unit.

[Origami's Spirit Brace beeps]

Origami: Go.

MARIA: Mana doesn't have enough power to continue. Both of you, report back at once.

Kurumi: Come on, Mana. Back to the ship. We gotta regroup.

[She, Origami, and Mana teleport out]

Venusborg: I'll be waiting! [laughs and lies down] Time for a little break.

[Inside Venusborg's body, the other Spirit Soldiers lie on the ground; Shido sits up]

Shido: [groans] What a headache. Guys, get up!

[The others get up and look around]

Kaguya: Gross! Who'd have thought a Demonoid's belly could be this disgusting?

Yuzuru: Reply. The Demonoids are capable of anything.

Tohka: I'm surprised Venusborg's belly is big enough to support 10 Spirit Soldiers.

Nia: We gotta get outta here somehow.

Miku: If we only knew this Demonoid's weakness.

Yoshino: Well, she is plant-based, isn't she?

Kotori: Unfortunately, I'm no expert on plants.

Natsumi: We could give her food poisoning.

Mukuro: Nah. I'm sure the Demonoids have already learned a lot from our battle with Cybat.

Shido: We'll have to wait until the others get back. I just hope they hurry. I can't afford to lose Kazumi. And Mana-- We can't let her give up her powers.

[Back at the Fraxinus, Origami, Kurumi, and Mana reappear; Origami and Kurumi remove their helmets]

Mana: Why'd we have to regroup? I could've taken Venusborg with a CR-Unit.

MARIA: That's Westcott's plan. He wants to weaken you and draw you to the forces of evil, just as he's doing to Kazumi. Already, the fog has covered half her body. Less than half an hour from now, we'll never get her back, even if she survives.

Kurumi: No. That can't happen. Not to my baby.

Mana: Then there's no other choice. I'll have to take Kazumi's place.

Kurumi: No, Mana. There must be another way.

Origami: What's on your mind, Kurumi?

Kurumi: I'll fight Venusborg alone.

Mana: Then you'll end up with my brother and the others! There's only one thing left for me to do, and we all know what it is.

[She embraces Kurumi and Origami]

Mana: I'll try and resist Westcott, though I'm not sure if I can. And if I ever come back to hurt you, any of you, tell the others for me that... I'm sorry.

[Suddenly, Karen enters]

Karen: Wait a minute, girls. I was at the lab running an analysis on Venusborg, and I found a major weakness. Heat!

Origami: Yes! Venus flytraps can't withstand heat. Maybe Kotori's lance can create heat while inside Venusborg, giving her and the others a chance to escape.

Mana: Great idea! But we'll have to try and communicate with them. The signal from your Spirit Braces won't get through.

Kurumi: Whatever it takes, for my daughter's sake.

Origami and Kurumi: [put their helmets back on] Back to action!

[They take Mana and teleport out]

[Back on the island, Venusborg rests as she waits and waits]

Venusborg: Any longer, and I might have to leave this island. [gets back on her feet] Oh, well. They can have their baby back. I got the real prize.

[Suddenly, Mana and Spirit Soldiers Black and White jump in and kick her to the ground]

Origami: A little hot for you, huh?

Kurumi: And it's about to get hotter!

Mana: Yeah!

Venusborg: [laughs] Empty threats to fill my big belly. You'll soon join your team! But first...

[She fires a burst of green energy from the leaves on her head at the trio, hitting them]

Mana: Let's see if we can try and get through to the others with our minds.

Kurumi: It's a long shot.

Origami: But let's try.

[All three get into a yoga pose]

Mana: [in her mind] Big Brother, can you hear me? Use heat!

Origami: [in her mind] Shido, tell Kotori to use her lance!

Kurumi: [in her mind] Please answer, Shido!

[Inside Venusborg's belly, Shido suddenly hears the three girls' voices]

Shido: It's the others! They're using their minds!

Tohka: What are they saying?

Shido: To use heat!

Kotori: My lance! That's the ticket! Spirit Lance!

[Her lance appears]

Kotori: Stand back, guys! This could get hot!

[Her lance ignites as she repeatedly strikes the walls of the belly]

Shido: Let's supply a little heat of our own.

[He and the others clench their fists, which glow red; they punch the walls repeatedly]

[Outside, Venusborg laughs maniacally and charges at the other three, until she stops in her tracks, screaming in pain]

Venusborg: My belly! It's on fire!

Mana: Yes! They got the message!

Origami: Keep at it, you guys!

Kurumi: And hurry!

[Inside Venusborg, the other Spirit Soldiers continue banging the walls with heat; Kotori notices a Demonoid computer chip stuck to the wall]

Kotori: Perfect! This should help finish her off!

[She slashes the chip in half with her lance]

[Outside, the defenseless Venusborg holds her belly]

Venusborg: Stop it! All of you! You're giving me heartburn! [as her chest leaves open] NO!!

[The other Spirit Soldiers magically pop out of her belly and join the others]

Kurumi: You're free!

Origami: Are you okay?

Shido: We're fine.

Venusborg: No one escapes me! You really make me mad!

Shido: Spirit Soldiers, pistols up!

[He and the other Spirit Soldiers whip out their Spirit Pistols and form a pyramid of 12 (with Shido on top of Tohka, who is on top of Origami)]

Spirit Soldiers: Dodeca Formation! FIRE!

[They fire a blast from their Spirit Pistols at Venusborg, hitting her hard]

Mana: [gets equipped with Murakumo] Your time's up, Venusborg! This is for my niece! Wither!

[She dashes toward Venusborg and strikes her twice, then unleashes energy lasers, which she controls to strike Venusborg in all directions; the electrified Venusborg screams, falls to the ground, and engulfs in an explosion; her last chip flies out; Kurumi fires a blast from her Spirit Pistol at it, vaporizing it]

Origami and Kurumi: Termination complete! Sephira Squadron...!

All 12 Spirit Soldiers: Spirit Soldiers!

[Mana reverts to normal]

Shido: Come on! We gotta get Kazumi back!

[All 13 head toward the cave; suddenly, the whole island starts to vibrate]

Miku: What's happening?!

Shido: I bet this is another of Westcott's traps!

[Outside the island, a giant-sized ZIEG is carrying and shaking the whole island]

ZIEG: Venusborg may have failed me, but now you're all mine to destroy!

[He fires cranial lasers at the island; on the island, the Spirit Soldiers narrowly dodge the lasers and near the cave]

Kurumi: Come on, guys! We're almost there!

[They rush into the cave and find the imprisoned Kazumi]

Kurumi: Kazumi, Mommy's here for you!

Mana: [whips out her shinai] I'll get her out, guys!

Shido: [grabs his sister by the arm] No! That's what Westcott wants you to do!

Mana: But Kazumi's almost completely red! I gotta do something!

Origami: No, Mana. We can't risk it.

Natsumi: We gotta do something.

Mukuro: How are we gonna get to her?

Shido: Let's use our pistols, Kurumi.

Kurumi: Right. For our daughter.

[They fire blasts from their Spirit Pistols at the electric barrier surrounding the stroller; the barrier gets vaporized; the red fog disappears from Kazumi's body; Shido takes the baby out of the stroller; Kazumi opens her eyes and smiles]

Shido: Don't worry, Kazumi. We'll get you home.

Tohka: All right! Nice job, Shido!

Kurumi: [folds the stroller and carries it] Come on! We gotta get back to the ship before ZIEG destroys this whole island!

[Everyone teleports back to the Fraxinus, taking the baby with them; outside the island, the Fraxinus takes on invisibility mode and quickly flies through a portal back to Manhattan; the portal quickly closes; ZIEG tosses the island six feet away from him]

ZIEG: DIE, SPIRIT SOLDIERS!!

[He fires missiles from his chest at the island, completely destroying it; ZIEG laughs and vanishes]

[Back at Neo-DEM HQ, ZIEG, back to normal size, reappears and approaches Westcott's office]

ZIEG: Master Westcott, I'm pleased to report that the Spirit Soldiers and the traitor have been...

Westcott: They evacuated before you destroyed the island. All of them. And they took the baby with them.

ZIEG: WHAT?!!

Westcott: And again, the traitor has eluded us. Your little scheme to destroy the Spirit Soldiers behind my back completely backfired.

ZIEG: I was only trying to do you a big favor, sir.

Westcott: If you want to do me a favor, you can get out of my office at once while I come up with a new plan! OUT!!

ZIEG: Yes, sir.

[He exits the office, shaking his fists in fury]

ZIEG: I will get you, Spirit Soldiers. You and your little Wizard friend.

[132 Madison Street, 11:45am]

[Kurumi kisses Kazumi and places her in her crib; she sits beside the crib and plays a song (to the tune of the Arthur's Adventures theme) on her guitar]

Kurumi: [sings] You're my lovely daughter.
I'm truly blessed to have you.
I owe it all to your father
in helping me to bring you
into this world with all our love.

One time, I was very lonely.
I never got to make new friends.
The friends I had before were lost to me,
and I'd been sad since then.
When your father found I was in a pickle,
he brought me out of my shell.
Now a rainy kind of day
will never get in my way.
Meeting him has made my life well.

Yes, you are my lovely daughter.
I'm truly blessed to have you.
I owe it all to your father
in helping me to bring you
into this world with all our love.

[Mana and Kotori enter and sing along]

Kotori: Don't forget about your aunties.
We're glad to have you as our niece.
Mana: Your daddy and I have a special bond.
And that will never cease.

[Origami enters with baby Chiyo]

Origami: Your big sister's just as precious.
Chiyo's just about as cute as you.
Shido: [enters] As your dear old dad,
I'm oh, so glad
that you'll soon have baby siblings, too.

[The rest of the group enters]

All: We all are one happy family.
Our bond is forever.
We're happy to have each other.
Nothing could be better
than for us to share our love.
We all want to share our love.

[They all join in a group hug]

Tohka: Next time: The Egg Hunt.

Last edited by TVLubber (1/25/2023 7:27 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera