ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2017 10:21 pm  #1

#343: Volcanic Panic

Today's singers:

Rockapella (w/its newest members)

[Showtime!]

[The audience cheers and applauds]

Chief: All these people want to know...!

Rockapella: Where in the World is... Carmen Sandiego?

[They do the intro; now, to the Gumshoes]

Chief: And one of these Gumshoes could find her!

Scott: From Tallahassee, Florida, he collects lion figures and likes to see real ones in Africa. Meet Jack Morrissey!

Bryant: From Manhattan, he's bilingual in English and Japanese. Meet Jim Yamada!

Mitchell: From Hoboken, he's had straight As in sixth grade math, and he hopes to visit his grandfather in Guam. Meet Cam West!

[Cut to the alley; Greg enters and greets Rockapella]

Chief: And here's our captain in charge of training new recruits, Greg Lee!

[Greg enters with Rockapella; cheers and applause]

Greg: Thank you! Gooooooooooooood morning, PBS! [greets the Gumshoes] Hey, gentlemen, welcome. Jack, Jim, Cam, good luck to you today. Hey, folks, say hi to my pals.

Rockapella: Rockapella!

[Applause]

Greg: Now, before I forget, I'd like to remind you that Steven Dorian and Ryan Chapelle are no longer with us, but in their place, Scott, Jeff, and Calvin were able to bring these two in their place: The new tenor: Mitchell Rains!

[Applause]

Greg: And the new bass: Bryant Vance!

[Applause]

Mitchell: Thank you.

Bryant: Glad to be here.

Greg: Good to have you here. Make yourselves at home. Scott, Jeff, and Calvin will fill you in on the details.

[Rockapella returns to the alley]

Greg: Gumshoes, let's get down to business. We're gonna start each of you off with 250 ACME Crime Bucks. Each time you answer a question correctly, we'll give you 50 more Crime Bucks. If all three of you answer the same question correctly, we'll give you each an additional 50 Crime Bucks. And the two of you with the highest scores at the end of this round will advance to the next round to determine who gets the $5,000 savings bond bounty and the right to go after Carmen Sandiego for a trip to anywhere in North America and a jackpot of $110,000!

[Applause]

Greg: All right, Chief. Whodunnit today?

[Cut to the Chief]

Chief: Gumshoes, this is Robo-Crook.

Rockapella: [robotic sounds] Robo-Crook! [robotic sounds] Robo-Crook!

Chief: Screws in his heads,
bolts for brains.
Follow his trail of Rust-Oleum stains.

His last-known whereabouts: Naples, Italy, home of Mt. Vesuvius, Europe's only active volcano.

Chief: Mt. Vesuvius consists of a large cone partially encircled by the steep rim of a summit caldera caused by the collapse of an earlier and originally much higher structure. It's best known for its eruption in AD 79 that led to the burying and destruction of the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, as well as several other settlements. Today, it's regarded as one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world because of the population of 3,000,000 people living nearby and its tendency towards violent, explosive eruptions of the Plinian type, making it the most densely populated volcanic region in the world. At least, until today.

Rockapella: Crime!

Chief: Robo-Crook neared Naples and made off with the magma mountain! Gumshoes, it's up to you bring a meltdown to he who caused the...!

Rockapella: Whoo-WHOO!!

Chief: Volcanic Panic!

[Applause]

[Back to HQ]

Greg: Thanks, Chief. All right, Gumshoes. Let's started with our very first clue of the day, coming to us from...

Rockapella: ACME Radio Net! More hits, more music!

[Greg approaches the radio controls and puts on his sunglasses]

Greg: Hit me! [is given his mic and starts the music] This is your inspector-to-be Greg Lee beginning your day the usual way: Info, info, info! Robo hid the volcano in the cultural, commercial, and financial center of Northern California. It was founded in 1776, when colonists from Spain established the Presidio. [hits a button]

Rockapella: Presidio!

Greg: The Presidio is a park and former U.S. Army military fort on the northern tip of the city's Peninsula, and is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Robo was last seen at AT&T Park. He was in the mood for a game of baseball. Let's send this one out to all baseball fanatics.

[He hits a button; Bye, Bye, Baby (the Giants' theme song) is heard in the background]

Greg: All right, Gumshoes. Name the city. Is it San Francisco, San Jose, or Sacramento? Remember the clues that we heard: PResidio, AT&T Park, the Giants, and the cultural, commercial, and financial center of Northern California. Lock in your answers, gentlemen.

[The Gumshoes are locked in]

Greg: Jack, we'll start with you. Your answer, please?

Jack: I chose San Fran.

Greg: San Fran. Jim?

Jim: San Francisco.

Greg: San Francisco. Cam?

Cam: San Francisco.

Greg: San Francisco. The answer we're looking for is San Francisco!

[Applause]

Greg: That takes each of you up 100 Crime Bucks, since all three of you got that one. Each of you is now at 350, and off to a good start. For our next clue, we go to...

[Chatter is heard coming from the alley]

Greg: The Word on the Street. One moment, please. [enters the alley] Hey, fellas. What's the Word on the Street?

Mitchell: [whilst the other four yodel] Greg, the Word on the Street is Toubkal. That's the highest point in the the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains, Anti Atlas, and in North Africa. It's an ultra prominent peak located 63 kilometers south of the city of Marrakesh, and is a popular destination for climbers. Oh, by the way, could you check the file cabinet? There's more information in there.

Greg: Sure thing.

[He returns to HQ, opens the top drawer of the file cabinet, and extracts a dish of fresh couscous]

Greg: Whoa! Couscous! Man, this stuff's delicious! Too bad I just ate before showtime. You guys wanna try some of this?

[The Gumshoes shake their heads "no"]

Greg: No takers? Suit yourselves. Chief?

[The Chief appears on the monitor]

Chief: Yes, Greg?

Greg: I got some couscous right here. Want any?

Chief: Thanks, but no, thanks. I'm on a diet. But I can tell you that couscous is a staple food throughout the North African cuisines of Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania, Libya, and the country that Rockapella told you about earlier. In this country and Algeria, it's also served, sometimes at the end of a meal or just by itself, as a delicacy called "seffa". Better get on it, Greg.

Greg: Thanks, Chief. Oh, but first... [hands the couscous to the cameraman] Here you go, man. Enjoy.

Cameraman: Thanks.

Greg: Okay, Gumshoes. You heard the clues. Name the country. Is it Guinea, Morocco, or Benin? Remember the clues that we heard: North Africa, couscous, Toubkal, and the city of Marrakesh.

Greg: Jack?

Jack: Morocco.

Greg: Morocco. Jim?

Jim: Morocco.

Greg: Morocco. Cam?

Cam: Morocco.

Greg: Morocco. The answer we're looking for is Morocco!

[Applause]

Greg: That takes each of you up another 100. You're each at 450 Crime Bucks. Our next clue comes to us from--

[Lightning flashes]

Greg: Never mind. It's time for the Lightning Round. All these questions have to do with Robo's most recent-known whereabouts, which is Morocco. Each correct answer is worth 25 Crime Bucks. Hands on the signaling buttons. First question: If you wanted to buy couscous, you'd have to pay in what currency? Dirham, dinar, or pounds?

[Jim rings in]

Greg: Jimmy.

Jim: Dirham.

[Bells sound out]

[Applause]

Greg: That's right for 25. Takes you to 475 and the lead. Question 2: The name of the largest city in Morocco could have you thinking about a famous 1942 feature film starring Humphrey Bogart--

[Cam rings in]

Greg: Cam.

Cam: Casablanca.

[Bells sound out]

[Applause]

Greg: That's right. Up to 475 and a tie for the lead. Question 3: Road to Morocco is a 1942 comedy film set in the country starring Bing Crosby and what other actor? Bob Hope, James Stewart, or Gene Wilder?

[Jack rings in]

Greg: Jack.

Jack: Hope.

[Bells sound out]

[Applause]

Greg: That's right. All tied up, 475-all. Last question: Which of the following cities is located on the Maghreb coast at the western entrance to the Strait of Gibraltar? Zoumi, Jebha, or Tangier?

[Jack rings in again]

Greg: Jack.

Jack: Tangier.

[Bells sound out]

[Applause]

Greg: That's another 25 for you. At the end of the Lightning Round, Jack leads with 500, and Jim and Cam each have 475. Nice job, men.

Chief: Greg, come into my office immediately!

Greg: Right away, Chief. Be back shortly, Gumshoes. [enters the Chief's office] Chief, what's going on?

Chief: Greg, something weird is going on. Now, I can't explain it, but a certain thing happens whenever anybody says Carmen's last name. So from here on out, it's just Carmen.

Greg: Okay, don't worry, Chief. I won't say Carmen Sandiego.

[Ping pong balls fall on the Chief]

Chief: [sarcastically] Thanks, Greg. I knew I could count on you.

Greg: Sorry. Never again, I swear. I won't say Carmen Sandi-armpit. Carmen Sandi-elephant! Carmen Sandi-Wexler!

Chief: Oh, for Pete's sake, Greg! I keep thinking you're about to say Carmen Sandiego!

[Ping pong balls fall on her again]

Greg: Time for the contest. 'Kay?

Chief: Good idea. Gumshoes at home, each time you watch the show, write down what got stolen and from where. When you've written down five loots and locations, write them on a postcard, along with your name and address, and send it to...

Chief: ACME Crime Net
P.O. Box 4300
New York, NY 10163.

Or enter at PBS.org.

Greg: Each day, we'll pick five people whose lists are correct and send them each a Carmen t-shirt. Here's who won today.

WINNERS:

Morris Wilson
Washington, DC

David Smalls
Trenton, IL

Joseph Ross
Lexington, MA

Mariana LaPorte
El Paso, TX

Irene Tape
Louisville, KT

Chief: Congratulations to all the winners!

Greg: Great! I'd better get back to work, Chief.

Chief: [gets out of her seat] Before you do, Greg, I wonder if you could check for a squeak in my chair?

Greg: No problem. [takes a seat]

Chief: Carmen Sandiego!

[Nothing happens]

Greg: Nope. No squeak that I can find. Gotta go, Chief. Duty calls. [exits the office]

[The Chief sits back down on her desk; ping pong balls fall on her again]

Chief: Figures.

Last edited by TVLubber (5/03/2017 4:47 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

5/16/2017 10:35 pm  #2

Re: #343: Volcanic Panic

Greg: [comes out of the office] Gumshoes, we're still after Robo and Mt. Vesuvius. But here's something new ACME Bug Net is trying this year-- Intercepting text conversations. They've just intercepted this conversation between Robo and Carmen Sandiego.

[Ping-pong balls fall on him]

Greg: Watch.

[Cut to the text conversation between Carmen and Robo:]

[ROBO: #PhilippineSea
CARMEN: Next time, lose the hashtags. Hide in a volcanic Japanese island.
ROBO: Acknowledged. According to research, it is administered by Tokyo.
CARMEN: #GoodBot Try to hide Vesuvius behind this island's volcano.
ROBO: "Lose the hashtags", huh? #Hypocrite]

[Back to HQ]

Greg: Not bad. Just not as good as the Phone Taps. Okay, gentlemen. Name the island. Is it Fukutoku-Okanoba, Jinai-to, or Aogashima? Remember the clues that we heard: Philippine Sea, volcanic island, and administered by Tokyo.

Greg: Jack?

Jack: I chose Aogashima.

Greg: Aogashima. Jim?

Jim: Aogashima.

Greg: Aogashima. Cam?

Cam: Aogashima.

Greg: Aogashima. The answer is... Aogashima!

[Applause]

Greg: And that brings each of you up another 100 Crime Bucks. Jack goes to 600, and Jim and Cam each go to 575. For our next clue, here's--

[KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK]

Greg: Come in!

[Scott, the Dying Informant, screams as he gets thrown inside]

Greg: Another serious problem here. [walks up to Scott] Hey, buddy, you okay?

Scott: [screams] I saw... I saw Robo! I saw him in... North Dakota's... largest... city! [collapses]

Greg: [whips out a bottled water] Gimme some more, man. Don't have quite enough. [takes a sip]

Scott: [screams] The city's located on the Red River... of the North... floodplain! [collapses again]

Greg: C'mon, Scottie. [splashes water on Scott's face] Need just a little more.

[Scott screams]

Scott: COLD! COLD! COLD! [sighs] It's home to Chris Coste of Major... League... Baseball! [collapses again]

Greg: Scott, everybody.

[Applause]

Greg: Gumshoes, name the city. Is it Fargo, Bismarck, or Devils Lake? Remember the clues we just heard: Home of Chris Coste, on the Red River of the North floodplain, and North Dakota's largest city. Lock in, Gumshoes.

[The Gumshoes lock in their answers]

Greg: We'll start with you, Jack.

Jack: I chose Bismarck.

Greg: Bismarck. Jim?

Jim: Bismarck.

Greg: Bismarck. Cam?

Cam: Bismarck.

Greg: Bismarck. The answer we're looking for is Fargo.

[BUZZER!]

Greg: Nobody got that one. We were looking for the largest city, not the capital. Anyway, the score stands at Jack: 600, Jim: 575, and Cam: 575. Now, we've just received word that Robo has left North Dakota, so let's pick up the Chase!

[Rockapella runs past]

Rockapella: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh,... THE CHASE!!!

[Calvin returns and drags Scott away]

Greg: Thanks, Calvin. Gumshoes, all these are worth 25 Crime Bucks. Hands on your signaling buttons. Watch the monitor. Listen closely. Here we go. Robo headed due south--

[Cam rings in]

Cam: South Dakota.

Greg: Yes. Next, he hightailed it to my home state: The Cornhusker State.

[Cam rings in]

Cam: Nebraska.

Greg: Right. He drove into Des Moines. Name the state.

[Cam rings in]

Cam: Iowa.

Greg: Right. Next, Robo charged into Chicago.

[Cam rings in]

Cam: Illinois.

Greg: Yes. Finally, he scurried into the capital of Scott Leonard's home state.

[Cam rings in]

Cam: Indianapolis.

Greg: Yes. All these questions were really easy. It was just a matter of who answers which. Anyway, at the end of the Chase, Jack has 600, Jim has 575, and Cam leads with 700. Now we come to the final clue of this round, which means you guys get to decide how much you're willing to risk. If you're right, we'll add the amount to your score. If not, we'll deduct it from your score. You can risk 0, 50, 100, 150, 200, or 250 ACME Crime Bucks.

[A map of Japan is shown on the monitor]

Greg: Here's a part of the world where we think Robo is hiding. If you know enough about this part of the world, you may wanna risk as much as you wish. If not, you may wanna risk as little as you wish. Take a look at this map, and think about it.

[The "risk" think cue is heard as the Gumshoes lock in their wagers]

[Afterwards, the cue ends]

Greg: Okay. Let's move on to our last clue of this round.

Bryant: Hey, Greg! Come on out!

Greg: Must be another Word on the Street. Kinda unusual. We only have one per show. [enters the alley] Hey, fellas, what's up?

[Rockapella sings to the tune of 60-Minute Man]

Rockapella: Akihabara.
Akihabara-ah-ah-ah.
Bryant: Send your agents to Japan,
in the ward of Chiyoda.
All: It's a cultural center for Otaku.
It's called Akihabara.

Bryant: Nicknamed an Electric Town after World War II,
for selling electronic loot.
All: It was also post-war black market.
Search Akihaba-root.

Bryant: I know the rhyme in the last verse was unorthodox,
but we work with what the writers write.
All: That's right!
Bryant: But never mind the mistake.
What we're singin' ain't fake.
Catch Robo with all your might.
All: Mi-mi-might!

Bryant: Send your agents to Japan,
in the ward of Chiyoda.
All: It's a cultural center for Otaku.
It's called Akihabara.

A-ki-ha-ba-ra!
Bryant: Otaku shop there all day long.
It's called Akihabara!

Greg: Rockapella, ladies and gentlemen!

[Cheers and applause]

Greg: Thanks, Bryant. Not bad for your first day.

[He and Bryant shake hands]

Last edited by TVLubber (6/28/2017 3:24 pm)

6/28/2017 8:20 pm  #3

Greg: [returns to HQ] Okay, guys. Name the city. Is it Tokyo, Osaka, or Nagasaki? Remember the clues that we heard: Akihabara, ward of Chiyoda, and I can also tell you that this city's home to the Fuji TV television network.

Greg: Jim, we'll start with you. You have 575. Before you show us your answer, how much did you risk?

Jim: I risked 150.

Greg: 150. If you're right, you go up to 725. If not, you drop to 425. What'd you say?

Jim: I chose Tokyo.

Greg: Tokyo's right!

[Applause]

Greg: Next comes Jack with 600.

Jack: I chose -- I mean, risked, 250.

Greg: The big one. What'd you say?

Jack: Tokyo.

Greg: That's right! You go up to 850!

[Applause]

Greg: All comes down to Cam with 700. How much, Cam?

Cam: I went for the big one, too.

Greg: 250. If you're right, you go to 950 and will move on to the next round with Jack. If not, you drop to 450, and Jack and Jim will move on. What'd you say?

Cam: Tokyo.

Greg: That's right! Jack and Cam are movin' on to the next round!

[Applause]

Greg: Jim, you gave it your best shot today. In addition to your $725 in savings bonds, you also get a $1,000 savings bond, along with this kit that'll help you in your next case. Chief?

[Back to the Chief]

Chief: Crimefighting can be one tough game, but you must never give up! You must always be ready for your next case. And to be prepared, I recommend our new ACME Travel Kit. Look inside this ACME duffel bag for the latest in anti-criminal tools, such as a new atlas, the official Carmen digital watch, a Carmen t-shirt, a subscription to National Geographic World magazine, this ACME Crime Net cap with the logo in front, this basketball globe, and finally, our ACME Stealth Pen Recorder for writing and recording messages. [pushes a button on the pen; a cow's loud moo is heard] And the occasional large pet.

[Applause]

6/28/2017 10:58 pm  #4

Greg: [hat on] Thank you, Chief. Okay, Jack and Cam. Robo-Crook has taken Mt. Vesuvius to Tokyo, Japan, so what we're gonna do is modem ourselves.

Chief: Greg, it's almost time to modem. You and the Gumshoes ready?

Greg: And willing, Chief! Here we go!

[He and the Gumshoes teleport out of HQ, then to the Jailtime Challenge station in Tokyo]

[Locations:
Meiji Shrine
Tokyo Tower
Ogasawara National Park
Shibuya Station
Akihabara
Ginza
Haneda Airport
University of Tokyo
Fuji TV HQ
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo Skytree
Stock Exchange
Rainbow Bridge
Asahi Beer Hall
Cerulean Tower]

Greg: Okay, guys. Here we are in Tokyo. Come this way.

[He and the Gumshoes take their positions]

Greg: Now, let's listen in from the Chief with a quick briefing. Chief?

[The Chief appears on the board]

Chief: Gumshoes, there are 15 places here in Tokyo where you might find Robo, the Warrant, or Mt. Vesuvius. Let's take a look.

Chief: Akihabara, the area around Akihabara Station, considered by many to be an otaku cultural center and a shopping district for video games, anime, manga, and computer goods. The name Akihabara is a shortening of Akibagahara, or "autumn leaf field", which ultimately comes from Akiba, named after a fire-controlling deity of a firefighting shrine built after the area was destroyed by a fire in 1869.

Chief: Shibuya Station, operated jointly by East Japan Railway Company, Keio Corporation, Tokyu Corporation, and Tokyo Metro. With 2.4 million passengers on an average weekday in 2004, it's the fourth-busiest commuter rail station in Japan and the world handling a large amount of commuter traffic between the center city and suburbs to the south and west.

Chief: And finally, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo's very own Eiffel Tower. Built in 1958, the tower's main sources of revenue are tourism and antenna leasing. Over 150 million people have visited the tower. FootTown, a four-story building directly under the tower, houses museums, restaurants and shops. Departing from there, guests can visit two observation decks. Well, Gumshoes, that's your briefing. Now, take off to Tokyo, wrap up Robo's robbery, make off with the mountain! Greg! [signs off]

Greg: Thanks, Chief. Gumshoes, you remember the rules here: Find the Loot, the Warrant, and the Crook in that order in one turn. Do that, you win a $5,000 savings bond and the right to go after Carmen Sandiego for the trip and $110,000. Find either the Loot, the Warrant, or the Crook at any time, you get a free look. Cam, you were in the lead at the end of the last round, so you go first.

Cam: Ginza.

Greg: Ginza.

[Shoeprints]

Greg: Nothing there. Take it away, Jack.

Jack: Haneda Airport.

Greg: Haneda Airport.

[Shoeprints]

Greg: Nothing there, either. Cam?

Cam: Ceruelan Tower.

Greg: Cerulean Tower.

[Shoeprints]

Greg: Nope. Nothing there. Jack?

Jack: Asahi Beer Hall.

Greg: Asahi Beer Hall.

[Shoeprints]

Greg: Nothing there. Cam?

Cam: Rainbow Bridge.

Greg: Rainbow Bridge.

[Shoeprints (rainbow-colored)]

Greg: Whoa! Nothing there, but nice touch to these prints. We turn this one back around, and we go back to Jack.

Jack: Meiji Shrine.

Greg: Meiji Shrine.

[Robo]

Rockapella: Robo-Crook!

Greg: Great job. You found Robo. But he's the last thing you need to find. But go ahead. Free look.

Jack: Rainbow Bridge.

Greg: Rainbow Bridge.

[Shoeprints]

Greg: Good strategy. We turn 'em back around. Cam?

Cam: Akihabara.

Greg: Akihabara.

[The Loot]

Rockapella: Missing mountain!

Greg: Nice job. You found Mt. Vesuvius. Go ahead, Cam.

Cam: Tokyo Dome.

Greg: Tokyo Dome.

[The Warrant]

Rockapella: The Warrant!

Greg: There's the Loot. There's the Warrant. Cam, can you find Robo?

Cam: Meiji Shrine.

Greg: Meiji Shrine!

[Robo]

Rockapella: Robo-Crook! YOU'VE WON!!

[Cheers and applause]

[The singers do their fanfare as the confetti falls on Cam]

Greg: That's beautiful, Cam. Go ahead and pull that chain and put Robo in jail.

[Cam walks up to the chain, pulls it, and...]

Robo: Uh-oh!

Rockapella: Robo-Crook's in jail!

[Applause]

Greg: Stick around, Cam. We'll talk with you in just a little bit. First off, Jack, you leave us with a $2,000 savings bond along with the Crime Bucks you've obtained up front, but you're also taking this home. Chief?

[Back to the Chief]

Chief: Tough break. But ACME rules never bend. Only the winning Gumshoes can pursue and capture Carmen Sandiego. Fortunately for us, rule 43D states that all 2nd place Gumshoes receive, in addition to their ACME Travel Kit, you'll also receive this new iPad Mini, along with a $500 iTunes gift card. I salute you!

[Applause]

Last edited by TVLubber (6/29/2017 7:37 am)

6/29/2017 8:51 am  #5

Greg: [hands Cam a portfolio] Here you are, Cameron. Your portfolio. What you gotta do is write down where you wanna go if you catch Carmen and get the trip.

[The "trip think" cue is heard as Cam writes down his trip location in his portfolio; afterwards, the cue ends]

Greg: Nice choice here.

[The phone rings]

Greg: [picks up] Hello? Yes, he's right here. [hands the phone to Cam] It's for you.

Cam: Hello?

Robo: Robo-Crook transmitting from a correctional institute. Carmen Sandiego presently located in North America. Ta-ta. [hangs up]

Cam: Carmen's in North America.

Greg; North America, it is, then. Chief?

[Back to the Chief]

Chief: Here's a list of places Carmen may have traveled:

Yukon, Canada.
British Columbia, Canada.
Baffin Island, Canada.
Northwest Territories, Canada.
Greenland.
Oregon, USA.
Wisconsin, USA.
Indiana, USA.
West Virginia, USA.
Guanajuato, Mexico.
Belize.
Haiti.
Honduras.

Greg! Let's go to the Map!

Scott: I feel GOOD!

[Applause]

[The singers do the Map intro; Greg and Cam enter the Map of North America; Cam grabs his first marker]

Greg: Cam's got a marker in his hand already. He knows how this game is done. Let's get 45 seconds on the clock.

[The timer is set at 45 seconds]

Greg: Everyone's here to cheer you on, Cam. You gotta get seven. This is for $110,000 and the trip. Good luck to you. Here we go. On your mark, get set, GO!

[The timer and music start]

Greg: Carmen went to Victoria, British Columbia! British Columbia!

[Cameron quickly places the marker on BC]

[SIREN!] (1/7) [:40]

[Applause]

Greg: Yes! Nuuk, Greenland! Greenland! Greenland! Greenland!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Greenland]

[SIREN!] (2/7) [:35]

[Applause]

Greg: That's two! Tegucigalpa, Honduras! Honduras!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Honduras]

[SIREN!] (3/7) [:27]

[Applause]

Greg: Yes! Madison, Wisconsin! Wisconsin! Hurry, buddy!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Wisconsin]

[SIREN!] (4/7) [:21]

[Applause]

Greg: Yeah! Yukon! Whitehorse, Yukon! Quickly! Quickly!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Yukon]

[SIREN!] (5/7) [:15]

[Applause]

Greg: Yes! Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico! Mexico! Mexico! Mexico!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Guanajuato]

[SIREN!] (6/7) [:8]

[Applause]

Greg: YES! Port-au-Prince, Haiti! Haiti! Haiti!

[Cameron quickly places another marker on Belize]

[BUZZER!] [:4]

Greg: Try again!

[Cameron quickly moves the marker to Haiti]

[SIREN!] (7/7!) [:0]

Greg: THAT'S IT!!

[Thundering cheers and applause]

[The singers do their longer fanfare; big bells, horns, and sirens sound out; balloons, streamers, and confetti fall on the stage]

[Cam is given his portfolio]

Greg: Our first capture of the new season! Congratulations, buddy. Now, inside your portfolio, you wrote down where you wanted to go. You got Carmen, so you and some guests are going to...

Rockapella: Whooooooooooooooooooa...

Cam: [reveals what he wrote down] Hawaii!

Rockapella: Let's get packin'!

[Cheers and applause]

Greg: Chief, how about that?!

[Back to the Chief]

Chief: Wonderful work, Cam! You finally captured Carmen Sandiego! She came this close to evading us again, but you stopped her! For that, I award you the jackpot of $110,000! Now, stand tall, for you are now a member of an elite group. I hereby upgrade your status from Gumshoe to Sleuth! Congratulations!

[Cheers and applause]

Greg: We add your jackpot to all that you've won today. You're leaving us with a grand total of $120,950!

[Cheers and applause]

Greg: Now, there's one more thing I want you to do. You know what it is?!

All: DO IT, ROCKAPELLA!

[Rockapella performs the theme song during the end credits; the audience jams]

[Back to the Chief]

Chief: This is S. Epatha Merkerson speaking for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? See ya next time!

[The end]

4/30/17-6/29/17

Board footera