ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2019 12:20 am  #1

Side-Fic 305: Cosmo Violet Pt. 1

Rated TV-14 (DLSV)

Qoone: Don't forget to watch in a brightly-lit room, and don't sit too close to your screen. It's showtime! Meow!

Narrator: In New York City's fight against crime, the dedicated detectives who pursue the most vicious criminals are members of an elite unit known as ACME Crime Net.

[On the planet Catia, Capt. Qoone fights a platoon of Dogishuans; an evil overlord towers over numerous Catians and laughs maniacally]

Male voice: Qoone! Hang on!

[A male Catian strikes a few Dogishuan soldiers with his sword and runs up to Qoone just as she is being ambushed by other enemy soldiers]

Qoone: Saura!

[Saura raises his sword]

Saura: For my mate! For our people!

[He strikes down the soldiers, but the overlord bisects him with a large blade of his own; Saura groans and hits the ground; the overlord laughs and vanishes; Qoone faints from the shock; at sunrise, in the destroyed city, Qoone comes to, gets back on her feet, and walks up to Saura's corpse]

Qoone: Saura. [falls to her knees in tears] NO!!!

[Cut to Qoone's quarters onboard the Catian mothership; Qoone (naked and sweating) jolts out of bed, panting heavily]

Qoone: I swear, Saura, who or wherever he is, that Dogishuan overlord will pay for taking you away from me.

[Madison Street, Saturday, December 22nd, 8:37am]

[The Cosmo Cats fight an army of Bandersnatch units just outside the warehouse]

Eris: [as her tail glows] Mind if I give you a whooping?!

[She whacks half a dozen units w/her tail]

[She and the other four claw the remaining units to shreds, then strike them in the emblem on their midsections, destroying them]

Kio: That should be the last of 'em.

[Suddenly, a giant Demonoid appears and towers above the Cosmo Cats]

Manami: Spoke too soon, Kio.

Cosmo Cats: Cosmo MagnaDroid!

[The Cosmo MagnaShip, Eris' ship, and CatiEarth One appear and combine to form the Cosmo MagnaDroid; the Cosmo Cats jump into the cockpit as the MagnaDroid faces the giant Demonoid; they both fight]

[Cut to the cockpit; Eris inserts a Cosmo Cell into the controls]

Eris: Cosmo Claws, activate!

[Outside, the MagnaDroid gets equipped with the Cosmo Claws]

Eris: Strike!

[The MagnaDroid slashes the Demonoid in the face; the Demonoid screams as he holds his face in pain]

Manami: Son of a bitch! He's such a sissy!

Aoi: Who'd have thought Westcott could be capable of creating Demonoids with feelings?

Antonia: Forget that. Let's end it here and now!

[Outside, the Cosmo MagnaDroid's claws glow]

Cosmo Cats: Galactic Slash!

[The Cosmo Claws glow silver; the MagnaDroid swings its claws in an X-shape at the Demonoid, hitting him hard; the Demonoid falls to the ground, and an explosion is shown]

[Back at the Nickar, LN wallops Epsilon with a whip]

LN: That Demonoid was supposed to be destructive, not a coward! You call yourself a general?!

Epsilon: That wasn't what I programmed him to do, Lady LN!

LN: It doesn't matter! He was your creation, and he failed, so this loss is on you!

Delta: [intervenes] Lady LN, stop! She's had enough!

LN: After sending an ineffectual Demonoid after the Cosmo Cats?!

Delta: Glitches happen! She'll make a stronger one next time! Plus, that Demonoid was no different than any other we ever sent out. The ones from before had just the same death toll as this one: 0!

LN: Have any of them ever cowered like this one?! I don't think so! I swear, Epsilon, if your next creation fails, I'll have no choice but to rip your computer chips out until there's none left!

Epsilon: Wouldn't it be simpler to just send me out into battle first?

LN: Shut up! Back to work, both of you!

[She exits the area]

Delta: [helps her sister up] You didn't deserve that, Epsilon.

Epsilon: I swear, I'll build a better Demonoid. And even if that fails, I'll take on ACME myself.

Delta: I can't let you endanger yourself. I'll take the heat for you. I don't want either of us to die without learning the truth about our past yet. But you know what? We should check out Master Westcott's memory database, just in case.

Epsilon: Good idea, sis. You know, Westcott's undergoing his monthly maintenance. Even the Demonoid leader needs some time to get tuned up. Let's go.

[A bit later, they sneak into the lab where Westcott is unconscious and undergoing maintenance]

Delta: [hooks up her USB cable to the control panel] Ready, sis?

Epsilon: [does the same] Ready.

Delta and Epsilon: Memory tap, engage!

[They look into Westcott's memories, until they discover the first Spatial Quake and hold their heads in pain]

Epsilon: Disengage! Disengage!

[The memory tap stops; the two Demonoid generals unplug themselves and run out of the lab]

Delta: It can't be! All this time, we've been working for the very person who killed us in the first place?!

Epsilon: That bastard! I'll kill him!

Delta: Those machines he's hooked up to are immune to any and all viruses, and destroying them won't kill him. Westcott's maintenance is unstoppable. We can only wait until after his maintenance is complete.

[Westcott comes out of the lab]

Westcott: No need to. What can I do for you ladies?

Delta: [turns around] Oh! Master Westcott. No, nothing at all.

Epsilon: We were just discussing our plans for my next Demonoid.

Westcott: Oh. Well, carry on.

[He exits the scene; the two Demonoid sisters breathe a sigh of relief]

Epsilon: [quietly] I'd better get to work. Keeping him thinking we're still his loyal servants is important to our plan.

Delta: Good. If he's gonna die, he's gonna die in the hands of his own henchmen. Then we can deactivate and rest in peace. Let's go.

[They exit the scene]

[Back on the bridge of the sub, Westcott receives a transmission]

Westcott: Please make contact.

[The Dogishuan overlord appears on the monitor]

Golimare: Greetings, Isaac Westcott. It is I, Golimare, overlord of the planet Dogishua, currently making my way to Earth with my forces.

Westcott: A Dogishuan?

Golimare: I fought a war against Catia 15 years ago, and I have an old score to settle with the mothership's captain.

Westcott: How do you know about me?

Golimare: Several of my spies on Earth heard about your resurrection. My planet could have used a man like you in your human life.

Westcott: Perhaps we can make a deal here. Help me destroy ACME Crime Net, and you can have your revenge.

Golimare: Gladly. Bring your vessel to the surface once we reach Earth's gravitational pull.

Westcott: With pleasure. [snickers]

[Catian Mothership, 9:01am]

[Eris' group and most of the crew laugh on the bridge]

Melwin: That battle was hilarious!

Chayka: I know! Can you believe that Demonoid wimped out when you cut his face with the Cosmo Claws?!

Antonia: Boy, am I glad I joined the team!

Eris: Why can't more fights be like this?

[Qoone enters]

Qoone: Well, aren't we all a peppy group this morning?

[The gang salutes the mothership's captain]

Qoone: Save your saluting. Need I remind you you're on the bridge of the Catian mothership? I expect you all to act accordingly!

Kio: Captain, we meant no disrespect. That fight was just--

Qoone: If you can't comply with my orders, then I suggest take your juvenile behavior elsewhere!

Eris: Hold it! Captain, I don't care who you are. Your attitude is way outta line!

Qoone: The way you stand up for your team is admirable, Eris. You're a better leader than I thought. So why don't you do me a favor and lead your team back home and out of my sight?!

Eris: But, Captain Qoone!

Qoone: OUT!!

[Eris' dejected group exits the bridge and heads for the elevator; Chayka, Melwin, and Durel try to object]

Qoone: And not a word from you three, either.

[Back in the warehouse, Eris' group comes out of the elevator]

Manami: Qoone must have a rat up her ass! She had no right to lose her sh*t and take it out on us!

Kio: She's never acted that way before.

Aoi: This isn't fair. Kicking us out just because we had a few laughs after a quick battle. Something must be wrong with her.

[Itokazu comes out of the nursery]

Itokazu: You guys all right? How was the battle?

Aoi: It was a piece of cake, Miss Itokazu. The Demonoid ended up a total coward.

Antonia: Yeah. He acted like a total child when we scratched his face.

Itokazu: [laughs] Who knew?

Manami: Unfortunately, Captain Qoone didn't think that way. She yelled at us without explanation and sent us back here.

Itokazu: She's probably just on her period or something.

Eris: I think I might know why. Remember the Dogishuans?

Itokazu: Those crazy curs who tried to kill us two years ago?

Eris: Well, 15 years ago, long before I met you guys, the Dogishuans invaded Catia. Qoone's old hometown was attacked by the Dogishuan overlord Golimare. She ended up losing everything dear to her. That's why she joined the crew of the Catian Mothership. That's still no excuse for her behavior. But I just wanted you all to know.

[The others frown sympathetically]

[Meanwhile, on board the Fraxinus, Kotori and the crew observe the city on the main monitor]

Kotori: All seems clear. No sign of any Demonoid activity this holiday season. MARIA, try the solar system.

[The monitor scans the solar system; a Dogishuan spaceship is heading towards Earth]

Kotori: A spaceship? Run a scan on that ship, please.

[The ship is scanned; on board is Golimare and an army of Dogishuan Assistoids]

Kotori: Dogishuans! MARIA, make contact with the Catian mothership immediately!

MARIA: Acknowledged.

[She opens a channel to the mothership]

Melwin: This is Executive Officer Melwin reporting, Commander Itsuka.

Kotori: There's a Dogishuan spaceship heading for Earth.

[Cut to the mothership]

Melwin: Those curs again?! I should've known they'd come back for us after we took out one of their soldiers two years ago! I'll notify Captain Qoone, pronto!

[Qoone enters]

Qoone: Notify me about what?

Melwin: Captain, Kotori just called. She said the Dogishuans are after us again.

Kotori: It's true, Qoone. Take a look.

[She shows live footage of Golimare's ship approaching Earth]

Qoone: [growls] Golimare!

Kotori: Some old enemy of yours, Qoone?

Qoone: I'll explain later, Kotori. Qoone out. [signs off]

[The transmission ends]

Qoone: To destroy my hometown is unforgivable enough, but to target Earth?!

Melwin: Readings show that the ship has already reached Earth's gravitational pull! And they're headed straight for... New York City!

Qoone: [shakes her fists] When it lands, pinpoint its location and contact the Cosmo Cats!

Melwin: Yes, ma'am!

[North River, 12:15pm]

[The Dogishuan ship has landed in the river; Golimare emerges from the ship and trudges to shore]

Golimare: [snickers] Earth is as good as history.

[Harry and Noah approach him]

Harry: Ahh! The infamous Dogishuan overlord: Golimare.

Golimare: Stand aside, Earthlings. This is a Dogishuan matter.

Noah: Oh, do let us help you.

Golimare: I need no help, especially from Earthlings like you two.

Noah: I beg to differ. ACME Crime Net has proven worthy opponents. Namely a team of Cosmo Cats mentored by the Catian Mothership's captain.

Golimare: Qoone? [scoffs] I defeated her before. I have taken everything from her. Her friends, her town, her old life as a normal Catian. And I would do it again, this time, to her beloved Earth she calls a new home. Like this!

[He slices nearby trees to shreds]

Harry: I like your style. We could use a guy like you.

Golimare: Very well. What can you offer me for my services?

[Noah smirks]

[Hudson River Park, 12:54pm]

[Eris, Kio, Aoi, Manami, and Antonia look around for Golimare; Aoi and Manami have guns on hand]

Eris: This is where Melwin detected Dogishuan energy levels.

Manami: Well, I don't see any Dogishuans here.

Kio: Then let's split up, gang.

Golimare: There is no need!

[Golimare himself flies into the scene and lands before the gang, laughing]

Golimare: I am Golimare, overlord of the planet Dogishua!

Antonia: Come to destroy us, no doubt.

Eris: Let's suit up, gang!

Golimare: Hold it! I only come to give you this.

[He tosses Eris a mechanical orb; Eris catches it]

Golimare: Give this to your captain Qoone. She is the one I want, not the lot of you. But we shall meet again. [vanishes]

[Cut to the Catian Mothership; the gang returns with the orb]

Qoone: Have you found him?

Eris: Yes, but he didn't wanna fight us. He wanted us to give this to you.

[She hands Qoone the orb; Qoone pushes a button; the orb plays a holographic message]

Golimare: I hope you have enjoyed your very last sunrise, Qoone. I have navigated several galaxies to find you. We meet at Graniteville Quarry Park at 3:00pm for your final battle. And I promise you, it will be a fight not worth refusing. [snickers]

[The message ends]

Kio: Captain, Eris told us what he did to your hometown on Catia.

Manami: You gotta tell us something if we can help.

Chayka: They're right, Qoone.

Durel: They have a right to know the truth.

Eris: What I told them probably wasn't enough.

[Qoone frowns, then sighs; she has a flashback of her Catian hometown under attack by the Dogishuans]

Qoone: 15 years ago, Golimare invaded Catia. Their primary target was my hometown. It had assembled an elite squad of galactic defenders similar to you Cosmo Cats. For weeks, we battled without sleep. Though we fought valiantly, we didn't stand a chance against the Dogishuans. They also turned giant Assistroids loose on defenseless families while Golimare led his troops against my platoon. Though most of Golimare's army was slaughtered, my team was overrun and defeated. When I came to, I looked around. I was all alone. The only member of my platoon left alive... was me.

[Cut back to the present; Qoone is in tears]

Qoone: I failed my home, my squad, and my... My... [sniffles] Since that fateful night, I vowed never to pick up a sword again.

Chayka: I barely survived the attack on my hometown, so I met up with Qoone, and we vowed to avenge our fellow townspeople. So we joined the mothership's crew.

Durel: That's when they met me. I treated their wounds and helped them study the basics. Eventually, Qoone got promoted to captain and led many a battle against our enemies.

Qoone: Unfortunately, all I ever did was give orders and fire a gun. I couldn't bear to grab my sword. I feared I'd fail my crew as I did my hometown. That's my story.

Kio: Captain, I know it doesn't mean much after 15 years, but we're really sorry.

[The alarm blares]

Melwin: There's a robot attacking Harlem!

Qoone: Cosmo Cats, suit up now!

Eris: Cosmo Pendants, ready!

Eris, Kio, Aoi, Manami, and Antonia: [whip out their pendants] Cosmo Power!

[They all get suited up, then rush to the orbital elevator]

Melwin: They're up against an enemy they don't know well, but you do.

Qoone: What's your point, Melwin?

Melwin: You know Golimare, yet you send a team of heroic, yet inexperienced soldiers up against him? You should be out there with them, Captain.

Qoone: It's not my place anymore.

Chayka: What about when you fought that Demonoid in Manami's body? You had no problem fighting her.

Qoone: I had no choice. Manami's son was in danger. But Golimare wasn't involved.

Durel: Running from your bad memories won't help.

Qoone: I'm not running from them!

Chayka: Then why didn't you tell the Cosmo Cats the whole story?! You withheld the most tragic part of your story!

Qoone: This is not their business!

Chayka: Well, I think it is! They're not just your team, Qoone. They're your family. There shouldn't be any secrets among family members.

[She hands Qoone a metal box]

Chayka: This is for you.

[Qoone opens it and sighs; after a few seconds of silence, she closes the box]

Qoone: You're bordering on insubordination, Chayka. All three of you, leave my sight while you can.

Chayka: You're so perverse! Resisting your fear will only bring it to life!

Qoone: Are you deaf?! OUT!!

[Disappointed, Chayka grabs the box from Qoone; the other two Catians follow her off the bridge]

[Harlem, 1:18pm]

[A giant robot resembling a warrior is on the attack; it places a dangerous giant spike on the ground; in the cockpit are five Dogishuan Assistroids; all the while, Harry and Noah look up at the robot]

Harry: Excellent. You really know how to outdo yourself in making these robots, Noah.

Noah: What Rerir is placing on the ground are Golimare's Dogishuan spikes. Once all six are in place, well... [snickers]

[He and Harry bump fists and exit the scene, just as the Cosmo MagnaShip enters the scene and fires upon Rerir, who dodges]

Eris: Aoi, Manami, jump to the top of the ship and open fire on that robot!

Aoi and Manami: Right!

[They jump outside and land on top of the ship; they fire their weapons at Rerir, who blocks them with the shield on its left arm]

Manami: Sh*t! Time for old-fashioned firearms!

[She whips out two of her ordinary machine guns]

Aoi: Apport!

[She gets equipped with two machine guns]

Aoi and Manami: FIRE!

[They fire upon Rerir, who dodges, then vanishes]

Aoi: It's gone!

[Manami notices the spike on the ground]

Manami: But it left that spike. [to her helmet] You hear that, Eris?

Eris: Loud and clear. We'd better form the MagnaDroid and destroy that thing.

[Cut back to the mothership; Qoone has seen the fight]

Qoone: No! Leave that spike and return to the mothership immediately.

Eris: But, Captain, I'm sure we can--

Qoone: That's an order!

Cosmo Cats: Yes, ma'am.

[Later, the Cosmo Cats return to the mothership and remove their helmets]

Eris: Why did you call us back? We could've pulled that spike out of the ground with the MagnaDroid.

Qoone: Yes, you could have. But you don't know what that spike is or what it might do. Until we find out, we do nothing. Chayka?

[No answer]

Qoone: Chayka!

Eris: I don't know where she is. Nevertheless, Captain, we should be out on patrol. We can't just sit here and wait for something to happen.

Qoone: You don't know Golimare like I do! You haven't come up against anything like him before. But I have. I suggest we wait.

Manami: Excuse me?

[Melwin and Durel return]

Melwin: Captain, Chayka hasn't returned to her post.

Durel: She's not answering her bell, either. Something's up.

[Elsewhere in the city, Chayka is eating hot dogs, when suddenly, a pair of Bandersnatch units burst into the scene and try to grab her; Chayka fights them over the next two minutes]

Chayka: I don't know what your motive is, but seeing as you work for the Demonoids, you don't leave me a choice.

[She whips out her laser and fires it at the emblems on the units' midsections, vaporizing them]

Chayka: [puffs on her laser] Piece of cake.

[Suddenly, Golimare approaches her]

Golimare: Ah, a survivor.

Chayka: Golimare!

Golimare: Those two were just the first round. Now you shall contend with me!

Chayka: Bring it!

[She fires her laser at Golimare, who blocks with his cape]

Golimare: You are coming with me! [laughs maniacally]

[Chayka grits her teeth]

Qoone: Next time: Cosmo Violet Part 2.

Last edited by TVLubber (8/15/2019 6:50 pm)

Look me up on my gaming channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingDelight/

Board footera