ACME Boards

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2019 6:12 pm  #1

ACME Summer Movie Introduction #1

Rated TV-G

Narrator: Tonight, an ACME Crime Net Special Presentation!

[Apartment of Jonathan Mann, New York City, 2:57pm]

[In the kitchen, Jon and Freddie watch the time from their Apple Watches. Jon and Freddie sing Waiting For The Clock To Strike Three from Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation (with slightly different lyrics)]

Jon and Freddie: We're waiting for the clock to strike three.
When it's 3:00 we'll be free.
Jon: Then it's time for our big vacation.
Jon and Freddie: Summertime's coming finally!

Jon: In the summer, we will get a golden tan.
Freddie: We will stare at girls in bikinis on the sand.

Jon: During the summer, we'll see the sights.
Freddie: Go to baseball games and ride the rides.
Jon: Swim in the water and act like fools.

Freddie: Summer is the
time to hang with your best pals. [takes a selfie with Jon]
Jon: My one wish is
"that the summer never ends." (Freddie: Really?)

Both: We have all been waiting patiently
Waiting for the clock to set us free.
We beg for summer on bended knee!
Come on, stupid clock! Please, strike three!
Strike one, strike two...
Strike three!

[Vacation from Pokemon The First Movie by Vitamin C starts playing as the clock strikes three. Gogo emerges from the cuckoo-clock]

Gogo: You'rrrrrrrre OUT! CUKOO! CUCKOO! CUKOO! CUKOO!

Jon and Freddie: LET'S GO!

[Jon and Freddie go into Jon's truck and drives to their campground. The song keeps playing as the truck drives on the highway looking at the sceneary]

[Dingmans Campground, Dingmans Ferry, PA, 6:02pm]

[The truck arrives at their campsite, Jon and Freddie set up their tent]

[Afterwards, Jon cooks up BBQ chicken from the grill and rice from his portable rice cooker]

Freddie: Hi, everybody!

Jon: Glad you can join us as we kick off our ACME Summer Season. We've waited for 3:00 to arrive in a very good way.

Freddie: We crossed the GWB, we took I-80 and we took the rural roads to explore the scenery to our first stop of our summer trip. 

Jon: We at ACME have lots of entertainment in store this summer.

Freddie: Tonight, we will be presenting you two flicks: Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation: Part 1 and Spot and His Grandparents Go To The Carnival.

Jon:  First off: Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation. It was released in 1992 as being the first ever animated film direct-to-home video. Your favorite Tiny Toons like Babs and Buster Bunny, Elymra Duff, Shirley The Loon, Plucky Duck, and Hampton Pig are ready to take you along for a summer of good times.

Freddie: Unlike last year, when we aired the film in three parts, we will air it in four parts. When it aired on television in 1992, it was aired in four episodes.

Jon: You are correct. We feel that we decided to do it that way this year. Making this easier for the viewers. Part 1 which you see in a moment, Part 2 will air in July, Part 3 will air in August, and Part 4 will air on the 24th. And then on Labor Day Weekend, we will air all four parts together.

Freddie: Is it simple.

Jon: Of course it is simple. Now, let's tell you the story to begin with: Plucky Duck and Hampton go on a car trip to Happy World Land.

Freddie: Not the best place in the hemisphere where you can ride the rides till you barf all day?

Jon: Mmm-hmm. You'll find out as you watch the video. Buster and Babs Bunny go on a water globe-hopping adventure. Fifi LeFume searches for a skunk movie star. That's what we know so far.

[Suddenly, the rice cooker boils over]

Freddie: WHOA!!! It's boiling over!

[Jon quickly turns the cooker down]

Jon: That was close. Why not you just pull up a chair, and watch Part 1 of How I Spent My Vacation while we have our dinner.

Freddie: Remember to make sure your room is brightly lit and don't sit too close to the monitor.

Both: Enjoy the show!

5/31/2019 7:23 pm  #2

Re: ACME Summer Movie Introduction #1

[Digman's Ferry Campground, 8:00pm]

[Jon and Freddie finish up their dinner and sets up a campfire]

Freddie: Auntie 'Em is that you?

Jon: [laughs] That Plucky. Stinky held his breath for a very very long time. I never hold my breath longer than that when we go through the tunnel.

Freddie: Neither do we. When we go through the tunnel one day, we can just hold our beaths halfway through the tunnel. 

Jon: Right idea. Then we can play Spot the Truck.

Freddie: Like Spot a 18-wheeler?

Jon: More than that. We'll get back to more of their Tiny Toons' vacation next month. Speaking of Spot, we are now going to take you to the second flick of the evening: Spot and His Grandparents Go To The Carnival.

Freddie: [takes out a copy of his book] This is an adaptation of Eric Hill's best selling book where Spot the Dog and his fuddy-dutties of his are taking him to the carnival.

Jon: Those are his grandparents, Freddie. And they are not fuddy-dutties!

Freddie: Is that right? Heh. They sure look like fuddy-dutties to me. 

Jon: No, they're a lot of fun. [clears throat] Spot's grandparents take him to the carnival. Spot's grandpa will show him a really old fire engine which needed to be cleaned before the big parade which they will take part in.

Freddie: Really?

Jon: I remember marching in the parade when I was in High School. But that's another part of a parade: Homecoming.

Freddie: Wow! I wish Chucklewood would have a parade like that.

Jon:  Maybe. Anyway, not only Spot and His Grandparents will ride in the firetruck, but someone very special will be riding it too.

Freddie: Who are they?

Jon: You'll find out as we watch the special. And please stay tuned following the program for two bonus Spot stories: First, he's off to the fair with his friends, then he goes to the circus with his mother.

Freddie: Pretty much like going to the theme park.

Jon: Mmmm-hmmm. Make sure that room is brightly lit, and you don't stand too close to the screen. Spot and His Grandparents Go to the Carnival begins now!

5/31/2019 8:16 pm  #3

Re: ACME Summer Movie Introduction #1

[Digman's Ferry Campground; 9:15pm]

[Inside their tent, Jon and Freddie start sleeping in their beds]

Jon: It's really grand for Spot and his grandparents at the carnival.

Freddie: Especially, when Grandma won the prize for the best cake. Wish I can enter a cake for a big contest and take a big bite out of it.

Jon: [laughs] If you enjoyed Spot's wonderful time with his grandparents, the Library of Congress suggest these books:

In My Grandmother’s House
by Christine Bonnie

My Grandma’s Wonderful
by Nick Butterworth

Grandma and Grandpa
by Helen Oxenbury

Freddie: These and many other books are awaiting for you at your local library.

Jon: They'll be happy to help you Read More About It!

Freddie: [yawns] Gee, Jon. I am so tired.

Jon: Me too. Let's get some shuteye. Join us again next time for another ACME Summer Movie flick. Good night, Freddie. [turns off the lantern]

Freddie: Good night, Jon.

Board footera